Speaker 1: The France Per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frans per Second Podcast, where we are reviewing the two thousand and one film, which is titled the same as the two thousand and nine film, which I watched unfortunately, thinking that this was the one that we was doing.
Speaker 1: Oh you watch a different movie.
Speaker 2: I watched two thousand and nine. I was about it. I was smilar It's just called The Fast and the Furious.
Speaker 1: That's what I typed in. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, I don't remember the first movie being like this, but I did get conotoationm Jada when he told me I was hosting so two thousand and one Fast and Furious film. We're gonna go over just this iconic series enfranchise. I am joined today by to my right Mike c Town How are you sure? And in front of Mike, I have Kenneth Bing's.
Speaker 1: Oh check out Obsession.
Speaker 2: Yes, check it out on Patreon, y'all let us know what y'all think about that.
Speaker 1: So we're holding by the patrons. By the way, we ain't made that de choice, right, yeah, so get off our nuts.
Speaker 2: So in two thousand and one, we have the film Fast and Furious that comes out and it's new We hadn't seen anything like this with it doing the car thing before. So I want to go around the room as you watched it this time. I'll start with you, Mike, because I think you said it was your first time watching it. What were your overall thoughts?
Speaker 3: How did this become a thing? This was ridiculously stupid?
Speaker 1: Ridiculously stupid? Kid? What'd you think about it? Watching it? It holds up? I like it and don't bother me. I was.
Speaker 2: I'm in the middle of y'all. I liked it a lot more of feel like when it came out. But then I'm watching it this time around and I'm thinking, like, how did the fuck did they make ten of these? I mean, is it even more than ten? I thought there was more than ten. I thought there was like fifteen.
Speaker 1: It may be even more than ten.
Speaker 2: So look at the results of the pole. Oh okay, gotcha. I want to read the pole results before we get deep into it. As far as where everything finished, this time we had labornith labyrinith.
Speaker 1: Library. What is not? Are you doing some purpose? Yeah? What labyrinth?
Speaker 3: And why are you not here? Did you hear what this? Did you hear what he just said?
Speaker 1: How words? To Spike.
Speaker 4: Not like that, not like that?
Speaker 3: What did you say? He wrote?
Speaker 2: Labyrinth, Claborn, Labor, Labor, Labyrinth, Labyrinth.
Speaker 3: You've never heard of or seen Labyrinth.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what that is? What is it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's a classic. It's got David Bowie. The girl loses to her little I can't feels her baby brother, just the kids she was babysitting, and it ends up in this other world. It's great.
Speaker 1: I never heard of it. Oh my god, this is the first time.
Speaker 2: Is Elaven Fasten for his movies more than ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, uh that had sixteen percent. Fast and Furious two thousand and one had thirty one percent, Jungle Fever had nineteen percent, The Nutting Professor had twenty four percent. And apparently nobody wants to see us watch The Devil Loves or Devil Wears it had ten percent?
Speaker 1: Wait, what number was that?
Speaker 2: At Devil Wears product? It was only ten percent? It was less. Okay, so we thought y'all may have wanted us to see that, but obviously, so let's get into this two thousand and one film a right again. Y'all said that y'all didn't looking at it overall this time, y'all didn't did y'all get franchise vibes?
Speaker 1: She said, you didn't get franchise, Babs.
Speaker 3: I didn't under when I was watching it. I was just annoyed because I watched it on the plane back.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was efficient.
Speaker 3: I specifically was like, I've never seen this movie. I don't. I was coming back to Atlanta on Saturday, and I was like, I don't want to try to or Friday, I mean, and I was like, I don't want to try to cram this movie in. So yeah, I downloaded and watched it on the plane. I had to pay four dollars for this motherfucker. I think I deserve three ninety eight back. This was awful and I was stuck in the middle seat, so both people on the side of me, I haven't see me watching this bullshit. Why it's awful?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The acting is garbage. Scenarios are garbage. It's Point Break.
Speaker 1: Hasn't I've seen Point Break? You think it's Point Break?
Speaker 3: It's the same movie. It's the same movie. Guy who's a cop pretends to be this, you know, part of this group. He befriends the leader of the group, he gets into the group, and then by the end he has to reveal that he's a cop, but they're also kind of friends. It's like, this is just point break but made with cars. Okay, all right, it was really weird to me. They should just called an auto break. I was. I was really confused by this.
Speaker 2: I was confused by again having seen it when it came out. I've only seen two, maybe three of these. I stopped after three. That was enough for me, And looking at this one made me understand why I stopped after three. I was like, what what did they keep making these about?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What was the cool thing? Was it the cars? Is it car culture?
Speaker 1: Car culture?
Speaker 4: Like it's made it's tailor made for fifo. Yeah, he loves these cars. They speak his language. He knows all the nasse and a C and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all this stuff is real. And I think, uh, video card games were popular, Grand Tarismo and all that stuff was popular. So it's it's a very easily digestible movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like Midnight Club video game, but a movie. Yeah, god, yeah, have you heard of Midnight Club? Is essentially a video game with the same premise. You get a call you do racist, you soup up the car. Okay, people spend hours playing it, just like souping up their car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to do that.
Speaker 4: Spend not midnight club something now, some other racing game that I used to spend stupid hours playing.
Speaker 1: Fun that I regret. It was like I ain't get shit out of it, but I was young.
Speaker 2: So all right, So we get this movie with him hanging around this little sandwich shop him, I'm saying, Paul Walker. I think his name was Brian O'Connor. Yeah, Broan O'Connor, and Brian O'Connor is kind of hanging around. They don't like him hanging around. He has a crush on the lady behind the bar. It gives me a tune of salad meal. This opening work for you guys. As far as him being it looks like he's scouting because he's a police, we don't know that yet. Vin Diesel's character doesn't like him. Nobody likes him and wants him around. However, he finds a way to stay around by racing. So as he's getting set up doing the whole thing prior to him learning undercover, just jump out that you think it was interesting that all can.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they you know, Vin Diesel's character Don was sort of this mob boss figure, and I think they did a good job of making it work with like one of the members in the crew. Again, this is very stereotypical average storytelling. But the friction is the guy that we later found out also had a crush on him, so that's why he was jealous. So they knew it was weird that he was hanging around because they were like, according to them, the tuna isn't that good. And I think even Brian O'Connor and Mia also said that, so why the fuck are you here? So him being attracted to her could work because that's an angle that we didn't suspect.
Speaker 1: You like my sister.
Speaker 4: He likes her, That's why he's around, not trying to infiltrate our operation.
Speaker 1: But Mike, did you have anything on it? I didn't give a fuck about. So they are they do.
Speaker 2: They're actively robbing eighteen Willis, So there is something to be The movie open with that. Yeah, movie opens with that there are there is something to be careful about in letting newcomers in because you don't want it to get out.
Speaker 1: As far as what your crew is doing.
Speaker 4: I was done after the openings in because it really preposterous for people to rob okay.
Speaker 3: Because y'all got these fancy, nice ass cars and you're robbing a truck full of fucking DVD players. If just one of your cars got fucked up during this operation, you got to sell all those DVD players to replace your car. You have a fucking rocket launcher with a harpoon on it. Where you even get.
Speaker 1: That, So you're right, you are still thinking about it too hard.
Speaker 3: I am. I know, I.
Speaker 4: Don't feelly disagree with you, but also I think the way they're able to afford the cars is through that. So and I don't know how much in two thousand and one of those DVD players were going for.
Speaker 3: True, that was a long time ago. Some ships were probably kind of expensive, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 4: You're Robin naighteen Willers, So I mean, I you know, in that way, Yeah, there's no.
Speaker 3: Better way, Like that's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: But I think if anything highlighted how stupid the cops were, because those are easily you can easily describe them. So yeah, they could probably go pay them, you know, like, yeah, it was a green ass damn car, that lime green car.
Speaker 2: But they only use those cars for Jack moves, right, okay, And they kind of had an idea, that's why they sent Brian in. They kind of thought it was them anyway, I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: We'll find out who they bought a harpoon and by spears.
Speaker 1: Facts, all that shit was so.
Speaker 2: So Dom comes and takes control after Brider's get his butt. But did y'all like, did.
Speaker 1: He it was even?
Speaker 3: I thought it was kind of even Stephen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought so, all right, did y'all how you gonna work? Did y'all like Dom's character? Did y'all like Vin Diesel? Because this is kind of what made him a star. And I'm with micause I was watching this with twenty twenty six eyes. I'm like, man, this acting is god awful. But this is what blewed Vin Diesel was for some reason.
Speaker 3: Because he was a hot, you know, built serious kind of guy. Back then. It was a wrestler, right, Vin Diesel?
Speaker 1: What did they do before this?
Speaker 3: I thought he was like a thesbian. I thought he was like a serious Really, someone told me that, and I just never I probably got that. I thought someone told me that I just never bothered to look it up. But something like a friend of mine told me that he was like in like play plays, you know, like Shakespearean played.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she was with me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna looking at it, well, kend Vin Diesel hit for you. Did you think this was a good role for him? Obviously blew him up. Did you like him in this?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean he was fine. It's I don't really expect a lot of superb acting from Vin Diesel anyway, So uh, he was fine. I mean you know this, Yeah, he was all right. Bro, I'm he I guess he's not a wrestler. Think about the.
Speaker 3: Probably yeah, I kind of sort of look alike Vin Diesel looks like Multiverse Rocke really fucked up Multiverse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Vin Diesel born Mark Sinclair has a deep connection to theater and the acting arts, and has often been recognized for his theatrical roots.
Speaker 4: It must have been in everything before this. And maybe he just did this because the role didn't.
Speaker 3: Recall and it paid him good money.
Speaker 4: Because he did Pitch Black. I remember Pitch Black. I think that was kind of one of the ones too, because I don't remember him in the Iron Giant.
Speaker 1: He was the voice of the Iron Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Knew that, That's what I'm saying. I don't think Vin Diesel is necessarily a bad actor. He's just acts in bad movies. And the thing about this at this point, he knows what brings dollars in. If Vin Diesel was in a romantic drama, no one would go see it, but I bet you he'd kill it.
Speaker 1: Who's the Vin Diesel of today? The Rock? No, the Rock from our jen Like, oh is he? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I would say he's kind of on the sure if there's a Vin Diesel.
Speaker 3: That's just kind of known for action movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like that's because Ben Diesel is not this. Yeah, that that's just known for acting movie.
Speaker 1: Do they have one? Is it? Jason Momore?
Speaker 4: He could be it, but I would put him close to the Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was more rock vibes, just not.
Speaker 4: Good you just in the movie. Like I'm thinking Jason Statum, but I think he's kind of a little carryover from our gen as well. Jason Statum is more like uh, Young Clow and Damn Ship.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we don't have to spend much.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I don't know though, asked Nick, he'll you know right now? All right?
Speaker 2: So for the first race, we get to well, we find out that O'Connor is a cop by him getting arrested and them going through this whole thing and taking him, uh back to the preceint way that he learns about Well, we learned about the whole ring and how they're investigating them, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: Did he give out cop vibes like early in the movie. He definitely gave them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, like I was still fooled when he was, Like, I didn't know immediately that I think Zach Morris over here is a cop even you just you just pop up at a place well bad people for like a gang frequency and you knew there, and like they never see you there, but you keep coming back.
Speaker 1: It screams police.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, police is the only thing that made sense, because I mean he wasn't really like trying to go at the girl that hard, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's too clean cut, too pretty, Like what are you doing around here?
Speaker 2: So he definitely gave cop vibes And we get the verification and then we go to he needs money for to soup up his car for the race. We get to the race, surprised to see John Rue.
Speaker 1: I forgot. I forgot he was in it to Spike.
Speaker 2: And this was like at the height of it.
Speaker 3: I was so embarrassed for him.
Speaker 1: He was so bad.
Speaker 3: He's so popular, and that's why he turned down the rest of the movies. And that's why Ludacris jumped.
Speaker 1: In another h Terrence.
Speaker 4: How I was wondering when I was watching it was like, what happened to Joe Ruling these?
Speaker 1: I forgot the story.
Speaker 3: The only reason I even know is because when I saw Joe r was like, oh, I forgot he was a part of this franchise, and I was like, wait a minute, No, I thought it was Ludacris. So I was like, was Ludacris and Joe ruling this? So I went and looked it up and I read a whole article about how Joe Rule thought he was so popular because apparently John Singleton did one of these.
Speaker 4: I didn't, And that was what the article.
Speaker 3: Was saying that John Singleton went to Joe Rule and John Rule was ignoring him, was just like not even returning his calls. So John Singleton was like, all right, well fuck this, and Ludacris and Lucas made millions off these movies, and John ruled in fucking Firefes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lua became almost probably more famous famous, use it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: It kept him around because his music. He was still hot as a rapper. And then this ship fell off, but he was still doing these and he was good.
Speaker 1: And when did Tyres pop up? Oh? I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 2: These too, that's where he got up. Well, not all of his money, but he more. I remember Tank was joking on him, and.
Speaker 1: I got a question for y'all.
Speaker 4: Was that girl that said, if you win, you get these and if you also win, you get her over there too?
Speaker 1: Was she white?
Speaker 4: She was off white because she was like, fuck you, nigga, you to win.
Speaker 3: I felt a way about that too.
Speaker 2: She was like, Kim Kardashi whatever, they are so white?
Speaker 1: It was I didn't bother looking up. It was weird.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna assume she is some sort of Latina. That's usually my go to.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: They kind of look white, but they say nigga. I usually lean okay, they might just be Latina. She definitely wasn't black, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking about what Robbie saying all the time. So I was like, dang, did she get the past because she just around.
Speaker 3: I don't think they would put that in the movie. I would think they'd be smart enough to not do something like that. So they go through the whole racing scene.
Speaker 2: They do the whole thing, and he has the famous line you almost had me. You never had me almost, you never had your car, you had me, you never had me.
Speaker 3: Hit for your's cringe, citty dog almost had you.
Speaker 2: Bro Then he went into this whole car thing about when he used his noss and how he did this and collaborate double clutch.
Speaker 4: But there's another line out of here that's that's uh, whether you win by a mile or in a win is a win or something like that. I forgot the full quote. People will be saying that one.
Speaker 3: I bet, I bet Diddy says that with his little lass dick, if I went by an inch and still a win.
Speaker 2: So what did y'all think about Brian and me? Was that a was that enough of the to push this story along? That he liked her and that's the reason he was able to get down and even eventually broke the cold to being a police officer.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, as Ron said, there's always happened to be a love interest.
Speaker 1: So there's that. Uh, they did seem to be attracted.
Speaker 4: To one another, you know, I, you know, I they didn't really do a lot with this story and her being you know, them liking each other, because I did they even go on the date?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they did go on the one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but she said I don't date my brother's friends.
Speaker 1: And then she went on a date with her brother's friend.
Speaker 4: As an attempt to make this God jealous or maybe because he was mad that God kept fucking with him.
Speaker 1: So but.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know if if they spent enough time here to fully develop him betraying his oath as a copy because to her to go along with.
Speaker 3: Him, I'll say, in no way, shape or for him. Did they make me believe that he gave up his cophood.
Speaker 2: For this for this woman? They didn't put it enough there.
Speaker 3: No, he should have fucking opened up an investigation into who stole her top lip. That's where this movie should have went. Did it fall off when she was racing? What was going on? They mean this, this whole love interest thing was just goofy. It didn't fit, and no point did I actually believe it.
Speaker 2: Mm, she didn't really so much she liked him like that, didn't She seemed very reserved, like she wasn't fucking with him at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she's used to dudes. I mean you, first of all, you roll up in her shop, right, her sandwich shop, and you want to be a part of her, her brother's biker gang. And you decide, Yo, I want you to make me a tuna sandwich with no crust and.
Speaker 1: She can't even cook.
Speaker 3: Well that part too.
Speaker 1: You already know that, so you know if.
Speaker 3: I'm Vin Diesel, I'm like, you're the crust list tuna sandwich guy. No, you can't fucking race cars with us. You're gonna have me looking like a punk, right, No, better get you up a strawy joint like a man.
Speaker 2: What did y'all think about Johnny Tran as the villain?
Speaker 4: Was nothing?
Speaker 3: Guy in the fucking tight ass leopard pants. You don't get him out of here?
Speaker 2: Bro, I feel like I was.
Speaker 1: They showed an ass shot too, Mike. I was so lost.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait a minute, is this a Wayne's brother? Why y'all start on this man's tight ass, because it wasn't tight ass y'all. Why do you start with his ass and pan up? And why is he wearing the beds?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I have no idea. I wasn't even a villain.
Speaker 2: I think he was because they shot him.
Speaker 1: I think he was a villain.
Speaker 4: About Protzy bro, Well, he shot they shot up. Yeah, but but he did something stupid. He deserved to get shot. But what I'm saying is that they presented him as the villain. But Dom was the villain of the movie. He wasna rob a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think John was. We didn't see it.
Speaker 3: He was trying to hurt Dom in an.
Speaker 1: Only thing did was roll up and shoot shoot the car. That was kind of fucked up. It was up.
Speaker 3: But the fact that the fact that Zach Morris didn't get mashed it told you he was a cop. Yeah, you shot up his car and he.
Speaker 1: Was just like what he said, it's not his car anymore though, I.
Speaker 3: Know, but still that's his car. That was his car and you just rolled up and shot it up with a machine gun. He was just like, oh, man, Like, what was that old belt?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: He serious?
Speaker 1: We got a twenty mile twenty mile walks.
Speaker 4: Right, it's gonna take off forever to get there, twenty miles.
Speaker 3: You got money, just call a fucking cap.
Speaker 1: Wish they did, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the all they did was use him to say, hey, I did a bad business.
Speaker 1: Deal that went sour and I slept with his sister and that was it.
Speaker 4: We didn't see trying to do evil ship until the guy ran off with his car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're no. I think you're right. I think they just did.
Speaker 2: Portray presented him. Yeah, you're not wrong. You're just presented him in the way of like the bad guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to break down a movie and point out flaws this, you know we could do that.
Speaker 1: And yes, you no, I'm with you. Now.
Speaker 3: They didn't really do anything but make him Asian and make him just kind of mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was a stereotypical, it was feeling in two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I'm actually glad because men, they had a lot of bad language in this film. I'm actually glad they didn't go around of like, you know, making him no karate well that too, or just making him a bad driver. I'm not making a joke. I was waiting for that like when they were like talking shit, I was waiting for them to be like, oh, you're Asian. This seemed like that tasteless.
Speaker 1: Of a movie. Not to go on this aside, I'm sorry I had to do this. I was drin by an Asian person yesterday.
Speaker 4: No, I had a joke, but I ain't even saying but because I'm about to bro. I just finished the episode of The Sopranos where Tony b was setting up that fucking shop and they had that Asian dude in there. Bro, do you remember how Bro, it's just the racism in the show. It was the fifth season Spike, yes, where he was supposed to do this massage thing, and Tony got him a job working at some plant. And this guy had all of the races, poor broken language. It was so cringe. It was infuriating. And now I'm on the episode. I got to the episode. I didn't even want to push play because the title of the episode, Mike is Unidentified Black Males, And I can't even It's gonna take everything in me to watch this episode shown.
Speaker 2: You'll remember when he was trying to do the massage when his cousin came. He was trying to do the massage is what's his name, Steve will Meshmi.
Speaker 3: I don't I remember him being on the show.
Speaker 2: You know when he first got out of jail, he was trying to do right. He was working at the launder man.
Speaker 1: So he was he was trying to fix up this building.
Speaker 4: The guy wanted to go in business with him, and maybe you may remember the end, and then the guy came.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, Park, I think is the name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we made We're close to opening.
Speaker 1: The guy whipped.
Speaker 4: He started whipping his ass and was drawing him in in the trying to choke him in the water, in the pool or something like that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: The point is that this guy, the character was speaking so bad. This was the two thousands. Why does he have him speaking because.
Speaker 3: He's a racist piece?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, man, I was so like upset and now I gotta watch this other racist episode.
Speaker 1: Funk out of here. Okay, wait, do you see that.
Speaker 5: He just wants he just trigger You would love to have more content from Frans per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the however, to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: All of these things happen anything else before we get to the reveal and the race with the train, because I don't feel like it's a lot to taste with the train at the end.
Speaker 4: Quarter train No, because you had the yeah, because I mean it's pretty much he okay. So the other thing of note, as he said he's a cop, he's a cop.
Speaker 1: He smelled like a cop.
Speaker 4: Where the guys came in to buy something and then he broke it to the garage and then he got hit upside the head and then dragged out.
Speaker 1: And Don was like, you a coup.
Speaker 4: You better have a really at this point you really need to think carefully about what you say. And the guy was saying he's a cop, and then he kind of gave some bullshit excuse and he fell forward.
Speaker 2: How did he get out of it because he said he just wanted to like him at that point.
Speaker 4: Now he said something about Tran was about to do this race. Yeah, and there were and there were engines missing in the cars or something like that.
Speaker 3: It was it was he said that Tran has three nas things or whatever. So he was he was kind of positioning like he was doing all of this to help Vin Diesel win the race. So now he knows what to prepare for.
Speaker 4: And we were saying that I can't lose the race, you know, I can't lose another race, and if he lose his race, I'm finished. So that's how he was kind of selling it and that's how he got out of it of it. So a guy's a white guy that you don't know that just happened to be in the right spot to save you from being arrested, which created a sense of loyalty because all your friends left you. First of all, you should have just dumped all the asses and uh. And then now he's snooping around your garage. He's like clean cut, white and you don't believe he's a cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, oh, signs point to.
Speaker 4: Police off, Everything points to a cop, even when as we get to the end of the movie where he's at the end where he's in man, you know, I'm mad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because then they did the they.
Speaker 4: Rated transpot and they didn't find shit because the DVD players were paid for. So he's a bad cop. And now it's clear that Dom's doing it. Yes, And that's when he was upset. He was like, hey, man, you know some scenees off with you. They having dinner, and he was like, I'm barely yeah, I'm barely able to con force my bills and you're making all this money and you paid for this car and I know you didn't do that sailing sandwiches and.
Speaker 1: You know, whatever he was doing, I won't end.
Speaker 4: And he believed him after even though I liked the movie, but after you called him and you think.
Speaker 3: He's a cop, and Diesel dumb as hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way he infiltrated this game was ridiculous, very much ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Almost as ridiculous as what's the what's the what's his girlfriend?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, what's Ben Diesel's Girlfriend's name?
Speaker 1: Oh Leddy.
Speaker 3: She's one of the worst actors I've ever seen. How how does she keep getting rolls after this because she's in a lot of stuff, She's in a lot of ship and she has one face. She's like Nicole Kidman post plastic surgery, so she has no emotion even when she's happy. She's getting beat up, even she they were dragging her out of the car and she's all blood. It was the same fucking face in every movie she's saw, Michelle Rodriguez. I think it's yeah, she's so bad, she's so Oh.
Speaker 1: There was another shot when he picked her up.
Speaker 4: They showed vin diesel hairs going to grab her by ass and lift her up.
Speaker 3: I was like, if y'all don't stop with this, and she's got the same face.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so yeah, that's all that happened. And yeah, and they were trying to point out that Jesse was this real smart guy with a d D.
Speaker 1: But it was great in math and failed everything else.
Speaker 3: He was the only character.
Speaker 2: I was a mechanic, right, Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was cool.
Speaker 3: But when he decided he was gonna go race his cars, like, what are you doing? Where is this going? You're stupid? No, he motherfucker took off, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was another cute moment. He ran away.
Speaker 3: That said on the rest of the movie, I'm believe it. And he wasn't even driving that fast. He just drove off casually.
Speaker 4: Get my car.
Speaker 2: So after though, what happens to Jesse, Brian has to eventually admit that he's a cop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're gonna go the same Jesse, They're gonna go rob the eighteen Willis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's trying to get medical attention to this one. Van Dizel finds out because he calls it in and he's like, gotta mail down, shot in the arm and this that and earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he told mea because they were about to go right the trucks. No, he did. And what they had with the FBI people was like, look, they're gonna start taking matters to their own hands, and they sure damn did. But yes, he never He was like, Mia, where are they going? Where are they going?
Speaker 1: You're calp Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus Christ, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then and for her to die out her brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would you expect. See, that's why this movie was bad to me. They didn't give us enough time with him and Mia for us to believed that he was so bonded with her that she would die on her own brother to you know. But nah, this was this was this was whack. But yeah, the next wait, which.
Speaker 4: This is now that there So there's this whole scene of the truck, the eighteen wheeler and them shooting, and then we're the guy getting yes all of this because now he's gonna have to call in he's get stuck in the arm.
Speaker 3: I thought that was actually kind of creative. When Vince jumped on the truck and then got his arm all tangled up, I was like, Okay, this is actually kind of interesting. And then the dude in the truck had like a fucking shotgun off shotgun. I was like, Okay, this is still stupid, but this part is actually a little compelling because I was like, how are y'all going to get out of this? That motherfucker in the truck.
Speaker 1: He wasn't going.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker was dripping off from his prime. It was not because he wasn't going for none of his bullshit. He was ready to kill for that truck. But he shot Vince on the side, and I was like, oh shit. The only issue I had is I wish they would have created someone other than Jesse as a sympathetic character because there I didn't care if Vince died. Vince was an asshole. He called him the f slur in the first three minutes of the movie.
Speaker 1: He couldn't wait, he could not wait.
Speaker 3: He was waiting for somebody called somebody that in about a full hour. But yeah, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, like it just I don't though. I wish there was somebody else that they liked, so I would have been like, oh no, but it was Vince.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was Vince.
Speaker 3: But nah, that whole scene because that truck he took out, he took out Vince, he took out whatever the fuck Leeddy flipped her whole shit over. But the other issue, I was like, this goes back to just like the other movie we just talked about. He shot out Vin Diesel's tire going, the car kept going. That's a bad motherfucker, bro, Because Vin Diesel pulled off for a second, I thought he was done. Next thing, you know, Ben Diesel's backing again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh the one move.
Speaker 4: And I think I would try some stupid like this when she drove the thing. I would try something. You could time it. If you're time it right, you could do it. You can right, Yeah, bro, they did it in the movie.
Speaker 3: I think I could do it too. Yeah, go ahead, letst know how that works out.
Speaker 1: But I swear I was like, yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 3: That ship was not cool. It was and they stole it. Did you ever see Gleaming the cube? Yes, Brian as well. He went he went under the truck on the skateboard.
Speaker 1: That ship was hard.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker. I thought I could do that, but I.
Speaker 4: Was fucking thirteen.
Speaker 6: I was like, Yo, if I'm ever on the interstate board, you can go on to the truck, all right.
Speaker 2: So we get to the end. He tells him it's a quarter mile to that track up there. This was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: This is the longest quarter mile I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: My quarter out of that track up there. I think I could make it. And then they do the whole race stage. Both of them barely make it by the train and the fucking truck pulls out.
Speaker 1: It's Ben Diesels called hilarious.
Speaker 3: That was hilarious, Like what are y'all doing with this movie?
Speaker 1: The car that he loved, He had just pulled that thing out of.
Speaker 3: The shop that was his daddy's car.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it. Yeah, he was telling this old story about it.
Speaker 3: I don't even draw this car because my dad was hit by a call and I beat somebody to the guys brain damage had to go.
Speaker 1: To Jui and then he got hit by car. He said, I'm never going back.
Speaker 4: I'll die before I go back, which is this was supposed to be like if you don't make it, he just sacrificed himself.
Speaker 1: Because he don't want to go back to jail.
Speaker 2: Is that realistic to Brian gives him the keys and let him ride up.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I liked it though, I like I like many.
Speaker 4: Because he had developed a relationship with barely Yeah, so and uh and and that was it. And what they did was in this scene they used Jetsey to turn Train into the villain when when he murdered Jesse, now they can it's stupid when we talk it out, but and probably was stupid. Then trans the villain and he killed fucking Tran. So now Tran can go to jail or his crew can go to jail for murder. They're taking off the street. But the people that were robbing the fucking trailers, you did not arrest them. You ask no matter of fact, let him go and bring him in. And all of the other people that is in his crew are also m I A and not arrested as well. So and then they damned just stole the drive I seen from fucking boys in the because just needed the saxophones and some of van Diesel doing this panther crawl on the ground that didn't get shot, and and Vince got Jesse got lit up.
Speaker 1: We were like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Vince, I fucked up. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Got about to get your ass out of the street, off the sidewalk. Bro, you don't hear the motorcycles motorcycles allowed? I know you hear themers coming? Who drives motorcycles in the city. Try nobody's dubbed, like what are you talking about? But you know, the whole race thing was because did he beat him?
Speaker 1: Did Brian beat him?
Speaker 2: They got the same time at the train looked at the time.
Speaker 1: Because it was supposed to be this all sort of rematch thing. Yeah, whoever loses.
Speaker 4: What I thought was stupid though, was Brian you a fucking cop? Let his ass run over there. Here's the part where okay, I understand I'm talking into the issues with the movie. I still like the movie, and I like the ending because I liked he got he.
Speaker 1: Let him get away.
Speaker 4: But if you're gonna let him get away, why there you trying to beat him over the tracks where you could possibly die.
Speaker 1: Just lett him fucking go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he could have told him at the will Yeah, man, do that little cool stretch of a quarter mile. I'm gonna let you out of here. I'm going on about my business and we're done. Yeah, he beat him in the race, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was chasing him and you know, the train came and I can't you know, he beat me to the train and I didn't want to run into the train, and that's what he's gone.
Speaker 1: But at the same so and that's it.
Speaker 4: But overall, I think it functions as an action movie with racing. I don't know if this was like the first of his kind of was me, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a huge thing, and it's just from here. Yeah, whoa, it got crazy. Yeah, they start doing all kind of shit. But thirty eight million dollar budget made two hundred and seven mil.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason why Let's watch eleven of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, and you know Paul Walker eventually died. No, a couple of movies like, yeah, that's that's that's it man, Fast and Furious. Man, we're gonna do them all.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I think it was like somebody some girl been there.
Speaker 3: He jumps out of the car, and oh I saw that the car. I was like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Because I was like, y'all you start questioning.
Speaker 3: I'm actually curious about it too, because I'm just like, how did you bring this back for a second movie?
Speaker 1: And how is he still a cop?
Speaker 2: Because the one that I looked at accidentally he was still a cop.
Speaker 3: Well that was because the other cops don't know that he let vinde. He can just say Vin Diesel stole his car and took off. I just couldn't believe they ended it that way. You don't like that though, No, he just walked away. I was like, wait a minute, what the fuck is going on? I knew. I was like, has to be a post credit scene. This is well before Marvel. So did Fast and Furious creat the post credit scene.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think there was one.
Speaker 3: There is a folk I'm being seried there's a post credit scene it's Ben Diesel in his car and he's driving and he says some shit like what's the earlier. I swear to God, I'm not lying you.
Speaker 1: I believe you.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm seeing it on Wiki. He's driving in Baja California.
Speaker 3: Mexico, and he says something like, uh, I just need my fifteen seconds and I'm happy, or something like that. That's the same thing Spike saying his girl everybody, because I think.
Speaker 4: That's I think him and that's what he told Michelle Rodriguez. They were I think he was gonna take her there, something like that.
Speaker 1: And somewhere in the movie, and I remember earlier in.
Speaker 3: The movie they were talking and he says like I feel something like I feel the most free when I'm on the road. I just need that fifteen seconds, like relating his happiness to racing. And then it shows him in Brian's car driving through Baja and then it ends, and I was like, you seriously made me fast forward through all the credits for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't watch that. Damn.
Speaker 3: This was gobbage, y'all. But I am curious about you. I don't think I'm sure it's a classic. I am curious to watch too. I don't think I'm going to.
Speaker 1: I think we should.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious about how they continue to because it's just like, this was such a basic ass story. How do you build onto this and.
Speaker 2: Make eleven more of them?
Speaker 4: Yees?
Speaker 3: Do they explain where John went? Did he get his menoja menoja?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: That has been the review for our friends per second podcast on Fast and Furious. We appreciate y'all that we out peace