Speaker 1: Live from Vall Heartland and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz today. So Anthony Fauci is held in contempt of Congress Good. This is not about the pardon, as Senator Rand Paul explained, This is about what he did after the pardon. This is about his pleading the Fifth one hundred and eleven times to questions that may or may not be Fifth worthy and whether or not he himself Anthony Fauci made it impossible to plead the fifth because he started by going after Senator Paul before pleading it. Tony Katz, Tony Kats today, guys, an absolute pleasure to be here, to be with you. Find everything I do over at Tony katz dot com. Everybody has got their take, everybody's got there philosophy. And of course, when it comes to this hearing this idea of contempt, what you have is politics. Democrats saying how dare you that man saved us? Versus Republican saying we have his diaries that were on his computer, and my gosh, he's showing that he lied every single day every day. Origins gain a function, masks social distancing. The six feet thing was made up. It was lie after lie after lie, all the while loving the adulation and the glory. Once you want to have your picture taken, you're not really concerned about what it takes to get your picture taken. You'll do anything, and he did, including recognizing that the efficacy of vaccines wasn't going to stop the spread. But he didn't want to say that so much publicly or things like that publicly, because he didn't want to stop people from getting the vaccine. So therefore, you stopped sharing, or prevented the sharing, or hid information from the American people so they could make an informed decision. Instead, you scared an entire generation. I feel awful, not for grown ups who got vaccinated. I don't actually, I think the vast majority of Americans are totally fine, will be totally fine. But kids. We didn't know much about this vaccine, and we vaccinated kids when it was understood early on the kids were not dying from COVID. In my gosh, even the amount of people who actually died from COVID was a small number. There were comorbidities that abounded, the kids weren't dying. If kids had been said this at the time, we may not have known each other. Then if kids had been dying from COVID, parents would have been shooting other parents in the street to get their kid vaccinated first. You wouldn't have done that for your kid. You wouldn't have done anything. Of course you would have. They would have been out of their minds searching for vaccines, lining their kids up to get the vaccines. Kids weren't dying. Kids were fine, not just in the main, in the vast majority, if not the near totality of cases. That's not to say that there weren't one or two, or a group or a handful that got sick. Some kids died, of course they had other issues, but not like adults, not like seniors. No no, no, no, no no. Look at the numbers, look at the data minuscule. And you don't lock down a generation of kids and tell them they can't see their friends and they have to wear a mask and everything else. For that's madness, that's control. And we properly, properly hate fauci and hate those who are in government for it. We hate burks, we hate the CDC, We hate those who made it political. We hate those who were desperate to keep lockdowns. We hate Randy Weingart.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Hate is a strong word, but it is the right one. We hate these people for what they did to our kids and what they did to society, and those people who truly believe that you're allowed to stop the society from thriving. The Constitution goes on pause because there's an epidemic or a pandemic and a doctor said so I didn't vote for that doctor. Screw them, and the Constitution remains no matter what. And I really do hope, like you might, really hope that when one of these things comes around again, because it will, we remember this and we don't engage lockdowns and we push back aggressively, includes cops. You don't lock people down. You're wrong. You got to look at the government leadership and say you're wrong. We won't do this, we won't act like this, and we have to be able to fight back against that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I absolutely I say that without an ounce of hesitation, and I think you do as well. I certainly hope you do as well. You want us to trust science. Science has to be open and honest and transparent and clear. Here's what it says, Here's what it doesn't say. Here's what we think it means you got to make the call for you force. Force is not science. Fauci lied, so Fauci being held in contempt and at Senator Ran Paul leading the Senate Judiciary a committee in this conversation, in this vote.
Speaker 4: Eight days ago, doctor Anthony Fauci sat before this committee in the witness chair under subpoena for conduct covered by the President Biden's full and unconditional pardon reaching back to twenty fourteen. Doctor Fauci faced no risk of federal prosecution. All he had to do is tell the truth more than one hundred times. Though he refused, The Chair ruled that doctor Fauci's assertion of the Fifth Amendment privilege was unsupported in light of the pardon and the testimony he offered in his opening statement. The Chair directed Anthony Vaalci to answer. He refused again. That is what we are voting on today, not his opinions, not his policies, not anything he said from a podium six years ago. We are voting on whether a witness who has received the benefit of a sweeping federal pardon can be ordered by this committee to answer questions and then defy that order without consequence.
Speaker 1: More than a million Americans.
Speaker 4: Died from COVID, Many of them died alone. Workers were forced to choose between a mandate and a job they needed. Businesses closed and never reopened. Children lost years of school they will never get back. Americans lost the freedom to work, to worship, and to decide what went into their own bodies. Nothing we do today can undo those losses, but silence does not honor them either. This Committee and the American people have a right to know why doctor Fauci's agency funded dangerous research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and what role he played in approving and overseeing it. Why he told his colleagues to delete emails, why he told them to delete emails and then delete the deleted file. What was he told in January twenty twenty, what was said on those calls, what his agency did with and for the intelligence community, And whether, knowing what he knows now, he still believes that the risks were worth taking. Documents tell only part of the story. Many of these questions can be answered only by doctor Fauci.
Speaker 1: I don't actually care if he thinks the risks were worth taking. Now that question doesn't move me. But you are funding the gain of function research in a Chinese virology lab. What's wrong with us? And that gata function research is only utilized to figure out how you can I mean, really, how you could create more harm. But you did lie about it. You did lie about the funding. Again, there is a reason to put him on trial.
Speaker 4: He answered, none of them. There will be another pandemic. The time to determine which legislative reforms are necessary to ensure that the mistakes of the past are not repeated is now, not later. This Committee passed the Bipartisan Risky Research Review Act to strengthen oversight of dangerous life sciences research.
Speaker 1: Funded by the federal government.
Speaker 4: To address failures exposed by the COVID nineteen pandemic. But Congress cannot determine what additional reforms are necessary until it fully understands what remains unanswered. Holding a witness and contempt is a serious thing, and it should be rare. But the contempt power exists for precisely this circumstance. Oversight is not a courtesy this Committee extends, or a favor a former official grants us. It is a constitutional obligation, and when voluntary cooperation ends, Congress must be able to compel compliance with its lawful demands. That is Congress's compulsory instrument. A subpoena is not an invitation. A subpoena with no consequence is not a subpoena. It's a suggestion. Seeking the truth is not a witch hunt. Accountability is not vengeance. Accountability is what stands between the American people and a repeat of the mistakes and the very real consequences of the past.
Speaker 1: That's pretty well said. I have no problem with this. I can't imagine that others do, except of course they do, because why in the world should we want information, Why in the world should we want the facts when we can have just the radical concepts that somehow it's wrong to tell a lawyer who was not called as a witness that he can't give testimony. Remember that Fauci's lawyer wants to argue with Rand Paul. Fauci's lawyer could speak to his client, give advice to his client, give thoughts to his client, but he wasn't there to testify. But Senator Richard Blumenthal, who lied about his Vietnam service, thinks that that was the worst thing that ever happened.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mister Senator Bluemendal I moved to postpone consideration of this resolution until the committee has an opportunity to hear from doctor Fauci's attorney, who was forcibly removed from the hearing last week. I should point out that doctor Fouti had a well founded fear based on facts that he was in jeopardy of prosecution for per In fact, the chairman and others on the committee have said the quiet part out loud. They've shouted it repeatedly, that their objective in that proceeding was, in fact to put doctor Fauci behind bars.
Speaker 1: He was if they shouted it out loud. It's very hard to say that that was the quiet part out loud because they shouted it. But let's let let's not you know, split hairs.
Speaker 3: Here represented by council who attempted to speak at this proceeding. Even during the darkest days of the McCarthy hearings, the council were allowed to speak.
Speaker 1: So there are two guys sitting behind center. Blomenthal aides. I don't know if they're his aids or not, but the minute he said McCarthy, one guy just looked up. It was like is this happening. It's either that or he looked up and he said, did I leave the iron on? It was one or the other. We're reverencing McCarthy. Now, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: It would be one thing. If you said that Anthony Fauci shouldn't be allowed to have a lawyer, that would be nuts. I would oppose that wholeheartedly. But the idea of whether or not the lawyer could testify argue, no, he was not a witness. He is the lawyer to Fauci, and he can therefore advise Fauci. He cannot in any way do anything else. And what Richard Blumenthal is doing here is saying, but when I believe that's the uh, that's the official version. That's what he did, moaning, whining, bitching, kvetching, the whole thing. Senator Gary Peters, Democrat, Michigan. He's the guy not running for reelection. He's the guy who uh uh, the Islamist, the Islamo Marxist. I don't know what they're calling him these days. A duels a pseudo tough guy. Oh, oh, it's getting ridiculous. Are him and Hassan Piker the two biggest pansies who ever walked. Oh, I don't care how much as san Piker works out means nothing. Whimp can't handle anything, cannot handle a criticism, nothing. He is what he is. I apologize for saying that I hate America. No one believes you can't, no one, just like no one believes Abdul say ed when he's like, you know, I love the Jews. Okay, all right. By the way, that's not allowed in today's Democratic Party. So you're gonna get in trouble or you're just somebody who's lying for votes that we all see you. Either way, just whimp, but we'll get to that later. This was Senator Gary Peters.
Speaker 5: Considered until the Chairman provides all members of this committee with access to all documents, transcripts, and materials related to this investigation, which I have repeatedly requested since the beginning of this Congress. Senate in Committee rules are clear that all members of this committee have a right to access committee documents. The Chairman has publicly stated he has received over one million documents as part of this investigation and has only shared a small fraction with a minority, despite repeated request over the past year and a half.
Speaker 1: That's why I.
Speaker 5: Urge my colleagues to vote for this, and I just want to reply to some of the comments made by the chair that we just didn't want to look at this information. We have been asking for information for quite some period of time over the past eighteen months, and at every turn, whether it's the documents or trying to have the ability to question witnesses, we have been denied. Just in April of this year, your staff conducted a transcribed interview of Ralph Barrick without even notifying my staff about the interview. After you posted the transcript publicly, we asked for the unredacted version and the classified portion received absolutely no response. Refuse to let the minority participate in the transcribed interview that doctor Fauci agreed to do voluntarily, to a comment on one of my colleagues made, we could just do it and have a transcript in private. We were open to that. Doctor Fauci was open to it, but we were declined ability to do that. It was going to be one sided, and when he knew it was going to be one sided, he didn't want to come in. This committee normally always deals in a bipartisan way. We should have been there asking those questions.
Speaker 1: If we want to argue that this committee always works in a bipartisan way, I think if you want to argue, hey, some procedural things weren't done properly, I think you can go right ahead. But if you want to talk about a bipartisan way, what is where's the bipartisanship of the political left to say, yes, things were handled wrong, and yes, Anthony Fauci handled things wrong. I can argue that Donald Trump handled things wrong. I can argue that Mike Pen's handled things wrong. I can argue Joe Biden handled things wrong. A lot of people handle things wrong. My then governor in my state, Eric Holcombe, Republican, handled things really wrong. Where are you to say this, Gary Peters, where are you to say that Anthony Fauci and Joe Biden handled things wrong? Where are you to say that the CDC handled things wrong? And the answer is you're nowhere. You're nowhere. So we can see very clearly that the objective is not well, things were not done appropriately. You don't want the things done at all. And that's where this gets the worst. Remember that, remember that we took a virus and they said let's make it political. Not how do we help Americans, it's how to make it political. Well, now it's political. His cell phone is now in the hands of Senate investigators. Okay, okay, he's in contempt. I think a full Justice Department investigation is necessary. Treat him like you would treat anybody else. Treat him like you as a Trump supporter. Na, we're onto something innocent. He'll proven guilty. Sure, I think the data already proves him guilty, but I'll wait for a court. Keep it here. This is Tony Katz today, just so you know that you're not crazy, because you are not crazy. Sixty two percent of likely voters support the Save Act. Well, no, duh, Tony Katz. Tony Katz today is so going to be with you, guys. This is a Rasmussen Report survey. Forty six percent strongly supported out of the sixty two percent, thirty three percent of pose yes yes. The vast majority of Americans support the idea of voter id and knowing who it is that is a citizen, who it is that has the possibility the right to vote, keeping people who are trying to do us harm, keeping people here illegally be keeping people with nefarious intent out of our elections. Good who could possibly be opposed to this? That Republicans can't get this done is stunning. They can't get the filibuster gone to get this done, which is still a thing that is fraught, and no Democrat thinks that this is okay. It's madness.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I would have gone about trying to present this in a couple of different ways. I would have tried different pieces of legislation about voter ID, all sorts of stuff that one could try that could get us closer to the goal, and then see where Democrats vote no on these very basic things. Democrats favor the concept of fraud. Even you, Senator John Fetterman, Yeah, you're doing great stuff regarding the Communists in your party, regarding Bernie Sanders, regarding a whole host of subjects that are very much not in vogue in the Democratic Party, like thinking Israel can exist, or that it's okay to have a relationship with another nation, right, very very rare things now in your party, not supporting communism, etc. But if you don't think we should have a voter ID, you're in an unserious position. It's a great reminder of why he could be right about a whole host of things. Not a Republican, not a conservative, He's just not And right now I'm not sure which Republicans are Republicans or conservatives. We can't get this pass. America's with us. You could lord try harder keep it here. This is Tony Katz today. So the President headed on down to Las Vegas to tout the economy. I don't think this was a bad idea at all. I don't think there was anything wrong with us. As a matter of fact, I think it's the right approach. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, pleasure. It is the right approach to say, you know, there are some good things going on. We should really be talking about some of the good things that are going on. The problem comes when you dismiss the other things that are happening. This is where the President, I think, is making a mistake. That's where I've said Scott Bessant is making a mistake the treasure sector. And I like Scott Bessont quite a bit, quite a bit. I think the vast majority of moves have been solid. I think the way he is able to better explain things than the President is excellent. I think that if he was listening to more in the room, we would see things be different. I cannot believe, and I don't believe that he is a tariff guy. I think he's trying his best to make it all work. And when we certainly talk about inflation, which we're talking about, I mean, you've got fedboard governors talking about rate hikes because the inflation isn't going down. Why the tariffs are a huge part of that. Tariffs didn't make things explode, but it is keeping them rates that are higher than we want to be. And when we take a look at the ten year treasury, remember the thirty year fixed mortgage. What you you know, the mortgage rate you pay for a house is based on the ten year Treasury four point six Well, even if you just added two hundred basis points that are two percent, you've got mortgage rates that are six point six percent. And if you take a look at the thirty year fixed mortgage on average across the country, what is it six point seventy nine. Yeah, a little more than two percent higher than the ten yuere that's the standard sometime, I mean during the peak goes two and a half basis points higher or more, so, you'd be over seven percent right now. People aren't buying houses at that and they're certainly buying less houses at six point seventy nine than they were at five point nine nine. The psychology is real and the money is real. These are bad rates that have a real effect. The inflation is too high, and part of the reason is the cash and the amount of people have to spend because of the tariffs. Of course they're paying more. The tariffs are indeed attacks. Did things run away? Did it get explosively crazy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And that's really fascinating stuff. And that is to President Trump's credit on a host of other things that he's doing. My argument is the same as doctor Will's argument, Doctor Mattwill. The economists we have on often if the tariffs weren't there, the economy would be a good explosive thing. That's felt on Midwest main Street. His biggest issue is that it's not felt on Midwest main Street. It's felt on Wall Street. Yes, absolutely true. Now one could argue that it's felt on Midwest main Street because a lot of people on Midwest main Street have investments they have for one case, or an employer, whole host of things, And yes, indeed those things are up. Those things are quite excellent. Bra visimo perfect. Nothing's perfect. But absolutely the market, the market's over fifty four thousand. The numbers don't make any sense at all as far as I'm concerned, And I think you might agree, but it's still you could agree that it is there. There are things to point to. Are there costs that have come down? Absolutely? Are their costs that are still high? Absolutely? So when he goes and he talks about the economy, I have no issue with this, But when you dismiss the affordability conversation, I think you're making a mistake. Now this was ms NOW or miss now or m snow or whatever they call that damn network, And this is how they edited up his audio. Americans are working in the United States.
Speaker 2: Now that at any point in the history of our country. I saw poles at a television I say, Donald's Trump.
Speaker 1: Polls on the economy aren't good.
Speaker 2: The economy is the greatest economy we've ever had by far.
Speaker 1: The economy aren't good. They're fake poles, just like fake writers.
Speaker 2: And as the legal aliens go home, the cost of rent, groceries and other staples is coming down very fast. Our costs are coming way down.
Speaker 1: You know, they talk about affordability. I took over the country.
Speaker 2: The prices were through the roof in my first day. The press said, what are you going to do about affordability? It was a word they divised affordability. They never used that word before.
Speaker 1: You're right, sir. They didn't use the word affordability. They talked about cost. The affordability is their word. And that was the word that ma'm donnie used, and now everybody picked it up because ma'm Donnie's the future, which is to say, bigotry is the future, Communism is the future, Islamism is the future. Well that's not frightening at all, and you should be still talking about that, especially the idea of what it is those things are going to cost and how costly those lies are. This was Steve Varney's show there on Fox Business about mom Donnie's free healthcare and his free buses and everything that's free.
Speaker 3: How much woman Damie's free city plan cost of taxpayers?
Speaker 1: Stu, good morning.
Speaker 6: Well, Democratic socialist Marizora Mamdani campaign on an agenda he said would cost about ten billion dollars a year. Turns out it's likely going to be more than that. Start with free universal childcare. The Center for New York City Affairs estimates the cost at up to nine point three billion dollars a year, fifty five percent.
Speaker 1: More than Mam Donnie said.
Speaker 6: Most of that pays for his promise of teacher level salaries for childcare workers.
Speaker 1: Then there's free and fast buses.
Speaker 6: Mam Donnie said that that would take eight hundred million dollars a year. The city's into Pennant Budget Office says one point one billion. That plan is now on hold. Mom Donnie said he would raise ten billion dollars a year, mostly through new taxes on corporations and millionaires. So far, he's projected to raise about a billion dollars a year from a new piet a tear tax and state aid.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem.
Speaker 6: Only the state can levy new taxes, and Governor Kathy Holkl has said no.
Speaker 1: Now, before we go any further in this reporting, which is really really well done, the headline is everything communists say is a lie. They're lying to get elected, they're lying to twenty two year olds, they are lying to everyone. Why in the world should we give these frauds any respect? Everything. They start by lying about how many people Communism is killed. It's one hundred million, and I'm not interested in adding to the total. I'm not interested in making that total pinventially larger. If these people should get power, they lie about what their desires are. They lie by calling themselves socialists when they're communists. They lie by creating a party called the DSA because they know they can't work it with the communist brand. Their healthcare is going to be childcare. Should say it is three billion dollars more expensive. Their free buses are three hundred million dollars more expensive. And their answer is to rich people will pay it because they hate It's another thing to discuss. Don't hate somebody for having money. Ask what kind of society can allow us to grow and prosper that's better off. The taker society is an evil society. Well Tony, you see, the problem is the society is rigged, so we can't make a living. If you tell somebody enough that something's rigged, they'll eventually believe you, and they won't try because they believe it's rigged. So here we have an example of what we have allowed to happen to our children. All across America by pushing these lies on them, that the system is rigged. One thing we should note is that it ain't easy. We should always be clear about how it isn't easy, and we should also be clear that we have a generation in this gen Z that truly believes they're not going to do as well as their parents, that we're going to see a backslide in growth. One could argue, well, eventually that was going to happen, right, but one cannot get particularly angry and a generation of people that I've been told there's this great American reality, this great American dream, but not for you. No, everybody else got it and took it, not for you, and that's how these lefties were able to take hold. So rather instead of saying the American dream is alive and well, you got to get into conversations about how you grab it, how you take advantage of it. But if the counter to the American is their socialism, pseudo intellectual masculatory fantasy, we have the data they're only off by three point six billion dollars. And if they're off by three point six billion dollars, who are they going to take it from? Taxation is not the answer. Redistribution is not the answer, because eventually it has to be taken from you. It was Margaret Thatcher. Eventually you run out of other people's money. They're already lying about the costs. They're not There's one mayor in New York. He's got two programs, three point six billion dollars he's off. Eventually the money has to come from somewhere for the fantasy. Maybe the issue for the younger generation is telling them that they cannot have everything they want. They're going to have to make choices, hard choices, tough choices. But within those choices, that's where the freedom is. That's where the good stuff is. I didn't say it wasn't hard. I am saying that to make choices is empowering. But maybe that's a conversation for another day. Maybe the conversation for right now is the recognition that they do have. What they see in front of them is bleakness, and we have to be able to explain to them where the opportunity is and it is for them to grab and achieve that our system, the republican capitalism, offers the most amount of opportunities, and their system, the communism and the totalitarianism offers no choices. It isn't that everybody is equal. It is that everybody is pushed down into the dirt except those at the very top. That is the history of their value system. The history of our value system is growth and opportunity and choice and actual legitimate liberty. We can prove this, and this is what proves it. Three point three billion dollars on just two programs. Imagine if they had healthcare. Imagine that healthcare. And how about the open and honest discussion that when they say free healthcare, that's a word. If you're twenty four and listening to me, first of all, bravo, well done. We'll played. If you're twenty four and someone says to you free healthcare, you understand that you still have a broken leg. Right free health care, free healthcare. You get free health care. We get paid for it by the government. Rich people pay it and they pay their fair share. You still have a broken leg. If you break your leg, you don't care that you have free healthcare. You know what you care about getting your leg set, getting it fixed, getting it healed, and it healing properly. Healthcare doesn't do that. A doctor with skill gets that done. That's what heals your leg. That's what's important. In their system, you don't get to the doctor right away. Oh sure, if you've got the money, you can pay for your own doctor. But if you believe in universal health care, government run healthcare, you don't believe in private doctors at all. Their communism, though they want to still call it socialism, that's cute, means that you get what you get when you get it. Healthcare. Free healthcare doesn't mean anything. And this is the affordability conversation that Donald Trump needs to have, not to deny that there's an affordability issue, not to say it's the greatest economy ever, certainly not for everybody. Recognize where people are and show them that there are ways for things to get better. And yes, we are in this turn. We're also in a turn where AI is coming in and jobs are moving out and things are in flux. All of that stinks. What comes on the other side is still better if this system holds, because this system allows you to be creative and adaptive and work in your best interest. This economy is still better. And President Trump can make it better by getting rid of a whole bunch of those tariffs. You can keep them on China a couple other places, but a whole bunch of these needs to go, starting with Nicaragua. So my cigars aren't so expensive, Thank you, sir. I appreciate that. But the communists will lie to you. Look at what they've done on childcare, look at what they've done on free buses, because nothing is free. And look at their conversation on healthcare. They never say you'll actually get the care, you won't get the legs set fixed, you won't be able to run again, But they'll say free healthcare, and isn't that great? No, it's not. We have to speak in real time where people really are, so they understand that they have a stake, so they understand they have skin in the game, so they understand that they are not powerless, that they are not victims. It could be tough, but it can be a little bit easier, and we have the tools to make it a little bit easier. But we should never turn away from the fact that it is indeed tough, and in that is the joy because what they offer the paradise is no paradise. You will get nothing. And if you want to, then do for yourself. You will be put down and that's how they get to one hundred million dead. Oh, one hundred million in one if you should speak out a turn. This is Tony Katz today. So the room mill has it that President Trump at a donor meeting, talking to donors in the Oval said, regarding twenty twenty eight quote, at the end end of the day, we need to elect JD. That is a quote that someone gave to Fox News Digital Tony Katz. Tony Katz today, I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not. I have no idea whether he said it or whether he didn't. But man, is it that is going to make people talk all day. All day They're gonna be talking about this.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a JD guy. I think I always thought it was just foreign policy where he doesn't get it. This whole conversation about economic nationalism, we got to dig in even more. It's just not where I'm at. Do I think that we need to be protective of some things in terms of whether or not we allow ourselves to be abused by other nations. Sure, economic nationalism, I think he understands or he means it is something wholly different. I'll dig into this conversation. I promise find everything at tonycats dot com tomorrow. Everyone take care,