Speaker 1: The frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: What's going on? This is your boy, Nick, I'm here with Kenneth ban Gola, Mike c Town Yo, Modest Media. How you doing, sir? You man, I'm all right? And Spike Lou of the on Deck TV show and another week of books?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: What up do?
Speaker 2: And you're now tune into the frames per Second Podcast. In this episode, we are continuing on with our weekly recaps of the hit HBO original series House of the Dragon. This recap is being dedicated episode three of the third season, titled Ranera's Triumphant Rob. You said, Nay may join us a little bit later, so we'll get the full hopefully we'll get the full cruise point of view of this episode. But it definitely wasn't as action e as the first two, but that's expected. So I'm curious to know what you guys starts on this episode was. But I'm gonna start with you, Mike.
Speaker 3: I mean it was. It was Okay, it's a set up episode, so I get it. You know, there has to be one of these or two of these a season. It was fine. It wasn't it wasn't anything special, and it wasn't bad. It was just all right, we're seeing what she's going through as the new queen. I will say that, you know, in relation to the ship that Spike told us, it makes sense why they moved those other two episodes to the beginning of the season because if this shit kicked off the season, Man, they motherfuckers would have canceled. HBO, did you like it?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 3: I liked it? Because those other two were so good. If they kicked it off, Nick, I would have been like, bro, HBO is in trouble? What is happening right now? This is crazy? You got her walking around like she just did mushrooms for an hour and nothing really exciting happened. Impactful stuff happened, but nothing exciting happened.
Speaker 2: M Ron, what about you?
Speaker 4: I mean my kid on the head with his synopsis, like yeah, like yeah, this if it would have started out, I get exactly what he's saying.
Speaker 5: It's not that it's bad, it's just, you know, it's just absolutely a set up episode. Or it's it's an episode that when you write when you come off the high or whatever, like that's exactly what this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I agree with just about everything he said, even like like especially the point of like impactful but not exciting, because I do think it was some impactful and necessary things that happened in this episode that, like he said, like it's definitely needed.
Speaker 4: In a series.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, They all can't be what we just saw on the first two. It just can't be all of that, you know what I'm saying. That's not that's not the type of show what it is. So I thought it was still a really solid show. But I absolutely agree if it would have started this way, they would have been having man, they would have lost a lot of people. But nah, yeah, they this was a very smart move for them to start off that way and then come come to this episode.
Speaker 2: Lou would you be shocked if I told you that some people would say this is the best episode of the series, of this series, I would be shocked.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'd be shocked, because I feel like last week's episode was the best episode of the series. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if you were saying it about like what this show is always going to be compared to when that's Game of Throngs. I think not even I think, but the reason that we loved Game of Thrones so much because they could do episodes like this will impactful things happened, Nothing exciting happened, but we still loved the episode because we felt like we knew all the characters and we cared about the conversations here, we cared about a couple of people and if it ain't dragging and it ain't like just memorable moments, like we want them to get to it. They I agree with with Mike and Rod said, like they spent too much time harping on the near a first day, like we get it bro we know Kingsland and broke, they've been broke forever, like get to the other stuff, like all of this stuff they just hammered home and they didn't have to.
Speaker 3: But the episode was cool for where it fell.
Speaker 6: Like what Mike said, again, if it followed in one, get this shit out of here, I would have been skeptical about watching the rest of the season and not just binge it, but being that it did happen.
Speaker 3: If three was the best call that they could have made.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I'm hearing that there you and is kind of corrupted based off of where they thought this could have been as far as the strategy of the episode output, But what was your take on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you know, it sounds that way. I don't know if it is that way. You know, they can clear that up, but.
Speaker 7: I would imagine knowing that it would you know, impact the viewing experience. But it didn't bother me though, And I think that even if this was the first episode of like this season with her ascending to the throne, sitting on the throne and that being the cliff finger, and then coming into this season, you know, seeing her first day on the job, you know, I found it interesting and I think I would have found it interesting as a kickoff for you know, season three if it happened that way. It didn't happen that way, and I'm glad we don't have to have that discussion. So we're kind of saved from that because now we get into the hypotheticals.
Speaker 1: And shit like that.
Speaker 7: But overall, like I enjoyed this episode, even with it not being as exciting as the last two. I was like really interested in seeing like her kind of work her way into this position she's never been in before and struggle with that. In addition to everything else that's happened that started happening to her physically like and and maneuver through that whole situation and all these things being powered on her and you know, all the way to the end with what happened. So for me, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. I thought it was I thought it was good. Yeah, I was like, Oh, what what's gonna happen next? Who else around the corner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really fucked with this episode because kenn it touches on Mike. It touches on a point that I know we're gonna get too later kid, and I can't I need nay On here to talk about it fully, but it touches on the point Lou you know what I'm talking about that I'm like, I haven't seen it done in this way because I really liked how they shot it from this POV grant.
Speaker 3: I'm with y'all as far as like, if this started off the season.
Speaker 2: Ye were talking about a whole different coin of station, but it didn't, So I can let that go and just focus on this episode. And it's very interesting. I don't want too many more of them, but this one was very interesting. We start off this episode, though not what we're in there, but with Damon meeting Ormond Hoigh Tower to get him and his army to surrender to her in there as she is the new ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, Lou, did you think that Ormond gave it like he gave into early to Damon's request.
Speaker 3: They been shooting him?
Speaker 6: Well, No, I don't feel like he gave into it here talking about when he came out to the.
Speaker 3: Threes, like it ain't too much he can do.
Speaker 6: So No, But it also felt like, and I guess it's his hindsight being twenty twenty, it felt like that he was on some slick shit. It felt like he was on some slick shit the last episode, and now that we see that he is on some slick shit, it didn't seem like something was humping up.
Speaker 3: So they shot it well.
Speaker 6: And I think they presented his character with very few lines that he's had as somebody that you should be on the lookout for.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Did you notice the kid from the last episode and then the kid from this episode?
Speaker 5: I did, I did, but very in this scene. In this scene, yeah, very vague, but I did. I did you know he was around? So they did shoot him? Like I have a shot of him before so yeah, yeah, I did notice.
Speaker 2: It because that was my only thing on like rewatching this episode, like because again I asked myself the question, like I felt like he gave into easily, ye know. And the reason why I'm saying that obviously Lou brought up the obvious point. There's three dragons, but should I saw John Snow put up a sword. I'm just saying dragons. We seen stupid ship before. It was all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was right.
Speaker 1: Down to the walk.
Speaker 2: But I he's just so petty too, because he was just the way he was looking.
Speaker 4: I love the way they shot that when you see the pan to the dragons or whatever with.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 7: He was standing like a like a black man. The way he was holding that damn sword and ship, bro. You know, that ship was fucking I had I rewound it like two or three times because they did it so well. It's one of the best openings for me in in this whole show because you don't even see the fucking dragons. You see that little bitty ass damn dragon on his side, and then his ship opened him and you just see Damon and then they just zoom out and he's mufflers sitting there wishing a nigga would and David want to cook his ass so fucking bad. He was talking ship and Ormond would not budge. I was nick to answer your question. I didn't think he gave in too easy. I think he gave in very, very reluctantly. And I give credit to him because he was clenching his teeth. He kneeled very slowly to see. He got up slowly like he was really frustrated and annoyed by Damon and this so called new King, and he did not want to yield, but he had no fucking choice.
Speaker 1: So he was like, all right.
Speaker 3: He even told him King, he said, I'm supposed to believe you. He looked at him off.
Speaker 2: So, Mike, you didn't think that he was like up to no sneaky ship. You just thought he did the obvious thing in this openness scene. Yeah, I didn't think he was into anything sneaky.
Speaker 3: I think because I mean, he said, you know, if it was just me, I fight, but because I have all these people here, I'm responsible for them, I'm not gonna do anything even though he's full of ship. I'm saying that's something the podcast Nigga will say exactly I won't fight you, but my girl, my girl boy here, I'll fight you. Shut your ass up. You wouldn't.
Speaker 2: But nah, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't expect the trick that he played. I just saw the little blonde person and was like, okay, all right, that's the targarian.
Speaker 2: Cool, Yeah, this is We're gonna get to it more about it. But I was just like, this is where the whole episode kind of builds on with the end. So that's why I was very interested that if he wasn't paying attention, you wouldn't really catch it until then.
Speaker 3: I still don't know what y'all are saying between last episode and this episode. Remember they dropped off.
Speaker 6: Boy had a little smelling ship and he was like the woman told him to go. He had the little smelling ship that he was smelling because we didn't know if the dude stunk or not. They came talking to him. Yeah, he was trying to get him to go somewhere. He was even questioning him like he was questioning Damon. It was like, so he kind of portraying him like he is like methodoic, very thought out like character and be.
Speaker 3: Doing speaky ship. Oh I know he was because he was sniffing perfume or some ship. I thought he was just like a little fancy pants type of dude. Wasn't that Wasn't that what he was doing. I thought he was sniffing perfume. I don't think drugs I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought it was because the little boy stink, and he stunk so much.
Speaker 6: I saw something to it. Also said it might be like some drugs. I thought he had some juke or some drakar or some ship. He got some cool water. I didn't catch that, Okay, got you, Yeah, But I did think David was also trying to looking for any excuse to just he was like Pinky.
Speaker 3: He was like Pinky from Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please something one false move, one false move?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because he was antagonizing him like he was just even the way he was talking to him, talking to him like.
Speaker 2: He was a pump, wouldn't you?
Speaker 3: I mean if I had, But that's Damon hit him with. I mean, do we really got even?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 2: Gone home, bro, and and that's the going rod.
Speaker 3: I be thinking about this morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it's been like with this show instead of Game of Thrones, but I'm thinking like if I had a dragon, how would I act? You know what I'm saying, especially if I got one of them? One Mike, you know what I'm saying, big ass one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but who the fuck is you?
Speaker 2: If the male man can look at me differently, little.
Speaker 3: About it's a different level. I'm pulling up to Coach Ella by big guards eating the house.
Speaker 4: That's a different level. It's like how dudes be acting with cards and how they dress like. It's a different level. Nigga got a dragon, like Nigga, Nigga feels like you ship just with some some clean Jayson.
Speaker 3: Pulling over the dragon Barbracuse lit every year. Man, we gonna te cigarette and Nigga gonna figure out how to put the radio on the Dragon. It's gonna be over.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, you got a light. I'm like, yeah, I got one.
Speaker 3: Your cars, You're gonna have a whole room looking like Richard Pryor and Michael jack oh Man.
Speaker 2: But we then see Damon getting back to the show, return to Ranera, and she's still in shock with how quickly things have progressed, because now she can't she got with everything she asked for, and now it's like day two after getting everything you asked for and but she I mean, of course she's still dealing with the loss of of the people she had to to not necessarily sacrifice, but lose to get there. But still, Ken, what did you think of how Raniera has it set in her mind about proving herself to be the rightful heir to the throne, especially comparing like her leadership to her father like that. That was something that was a big theme in this episode, like compared to how good of a leader he was and how she wants to live up today.
Speaker 7: It's it's gonna be a really you know. Uh long arger was like road to that, right because Aimon was there and he was awful, and we would get to it. Everybody was in a position of power.
Speaker 1: And she wants to as you said, it was a recurring thing she kept saying over and over and she wants to be her father.
Speaker 7: But she also has the rule with the with the iron fists as well, and that's what Damon is there who's ironically, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: Kind of serving in that role.
Speaker 7: But she has to sort of do both because she has to overcome the fact that she's a woman. You know, in this world, you know, it was a conversation that her and Allison had, you know about that. So now that she's actually on the throne, she has to do the job and manage everything that's going on, and it is very overwhelming for and so she has to figure out how she's gonna deal with the demands of the people, including the politics and the optics of everything, while also.
Speaker 1: Trying to keep Damon in check. So it was really interesting, especially when she first.
Speaker 7: Kind of walked out and all those people were coming to her and asking her all that stuff, and you know, she was visibly frustrated and overwhelmed, and it was really interesting to me just the demands of that the people had. But you know, now I'm also wondering, like when Aima was in charge, it was like they probably couldn't even go ask him ship, So now that they have somebody in place that they feel like they can go talk to and make shit, right, yeah, I ain't gonna run up there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I thought all of this in this first episode was interesting. Rod when.
Speaker 3: Her first order kind of thing was like, we gotta have a party.
Speaker 2: We got to have my court, like my ceremony banquet and get all get all the fixings do all this official ship. But then we learned like quickly with the time for like the town broke, but she still want to have this party. Was do you feel like this is your first time like seeing Renera like on the day of the life of a queen ruling ship, like her priorities weren't in check.
Speaker 4: The first thought I had.
Speaker 5: Was like I don't even know if y'all thought this, but like I was thinking, like this, this is probably what Kamala would have did.
Speaker 4: Lif here.
Speaker 3: We got there earlier than I thought.
Speaker 1: Bring this up.
Speaker 4: I feel like her first day, bro I do I do feel like the first day got people coming to me.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Look man like, look they didn't broke us. You know what I'm saying. We need some money.
Speaker 5: And that's what I was thinking like this whole episode, But nah, man, I thought the banker just was to serve, like to to kind of lay lay the law down with like, Okay, y'all have this, y'all been hordering this.
Speaker 4: You're talking about that moment, right.
Speaker 2: No, no, no about the beginning. We'll get like that's a little bit later. But just like like she has to have like the open like when you get to become this level, like you got to have a ceremony and all that stuff, but all that stuff costs a lot of money. Yeah, and we know she had a blockade on the whole joint. Yeah, and the people like the first thing that she's hearing about is a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Is like we like we need to eat. We're hungry, we starving.
Speaker 2: The streets is the streets is hungry. But she's like, nah, I gotta have this coronation.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: That was like that was her first that was her first thought, and I was just thinking like even her, I think one of her servants was like you sure this is a good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, of course you want to have a celebration, Like you know what I'm saying. You want to.
Speaker 5: To do the good the good things first, right, But yeah, that's just not the situation. There's too many things that are broken right now, and so and so yeah, it's gonna take some time. Like and like the like a mistress or what was saying like, yo, I don't know if that's a that's a good look right now, and they was like, well.
Speaker 4: Who asked you also so quick?
Speaker 1: Or whatever?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean nah, I mean it just it just lent to the to just the ups and downs of this, of this entire episode with her, Like I didn't have a call. I know Spike had a problem, but I didn't have a problem with her going through the ups and downs and trying to figure out this first day on the job. It just felt like heavy's where's the crown? It's the whole episode felt like.
Speaker 6: To me, it was interesting to it what that was the only problem I had was like I was like interested in it at first, and then I think they just played the note a little too long.
Speaker 3: But I did enjoy it for a little bit.
Speaker 6: I feel like she had to do this Nick, like did we've seen, like I said, they've been broke in King's Land and going on it seems like three four hundred years now. So all of them complained about having to throw these bank with some balls. If I remember back to some of the King Game of Thrones episodes, and they were talking about today they.
Speaker 3: Didn't have the money.
Speaker 6: So I think she feels like that she's and we'll see a serious of these decisions throughout the episode. She feels like she gotta do what the people wanted to do in order for the people to acknowledge it. I gotta do a banquet. I can't just not have no banquet, Like we won't even know if the king did. A lot of people, probably the common folk or thinking like how did you even get in the crown ain't even address none of that.
Speaker 3: You just pop up and like, I'm the queen, So you do.
Speaker 6: Gotta have some type of ceremony or something like that in order for the common folk to recognize and respect your reign.
Speaker 2: Mike, I got a question for you, of course, I want you to give your thoughts on just like the first couple of things that Renal ran into as queen, But how many mores the episodes does that black nurse have left?
Speaker 3: Because every episode he the first thing to get questioned about.
Speaker 2: They be rating.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 3: I don't know why they thought it out for broke. He's because that's how we learned.
Speaker 2: That's how we learned about them being broke. They questioned, I know you.
Speaker 8: Know where the money is, don'ts you know? The only dude with of Jesus peace and the whole kingdom, I know you know where the money's at. The Only thing I can think about is this a rap for Vernia? I didn't think about this. But I feel like, and don't say nothing, Spike, if you know, I feel like she's finna die this season because they all don't turn on her. She's Trump.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Kamala. She's Trump.
Speaker 2: This woman walked it because she put the damn the blockade on the straight of horror moves and then talking about, oh, we broke, I'm gonna go fix it.
Speaker 3: You started it. You messed it up. What you're talking about, Like, this woman is dumb, dude. She up there, can't do ship, But you don't want to throw a freedom to the party.
Speaker 2: But everybody broke, can't nobody get eggs And here she go, Oh, but I mean I gotta have my party.
Speaker 3: No, you don't put your fucking crown on and go out here and lead the people. But oh, because I'm Ranera and I fought for this, you ain't do ship. You just sacrificed your little punk ass kids, just like Trump. This this, this, this, this whole episode that.
Speaker 4: For long, though said one more time, she didn't stay in that for long though she.
Speaker 3: Staying at the whole episode. She didn't know what to do this whole episode. She was just walking around confused, just like Trump. She probably shot her pants, just like Trump. She was getting all my damn nerves, bro. And this is the first time I've realized that I don't think she's gonna make it because she pissed off everybody.
Speaker 2: She even had what was the what was the black dude's aim that was sucking up the Trump? But then Trump didn't give him a damn job. I forgot Scott, Tim Scott, Tim Scott, that's cordless.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, wait, wait a minute, we gonna We're gonna get the cordless, so we're gonna get the ship.
Speaker 2: The first thing that almost got done dirty by her for real was Darren Darren Targetan.
Speaker 3: Apparently nobody know what this nigga looks like.
Speaker 2: But we start off this episode where they ain't even bringing him to her talking about what we're gonna do with him. I really think we should kill this nigga, but what you want to do? And she like, all right, put him in a dungeon because he ain't answered my question.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: He looked like he's supposed to be twelve. I know he looked thirty probably, but he was like he's supposed to be twelve. In the show.
Speaker 3: Oh right, they don't respond well to being kidnapped.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I wasn't surprised they thought he was gonna talk like nigga, you had three dragons in my face telling me I gotta leave what he talking about.
Speaker 4: But she even made it. She eventually made the right move on that too. Though I liked her in this what because if she would have followed she would have followed sup with killing that kid. She would have killed an innocent kid.
Speaker 3: Who cares that. She didn't make the cares ship I'm saying he ain't nobody nobody care about.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: He knew the assignment. Once he took it.
Speaker 3: He was expecting to die.
Speaker 4: We were just going through figured it out.
Speaker 3: She didn't figure it out. They had to tell her. No, it was it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't fair.
Speaker 3: Talking about They told her.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: If she was listening to damn, he would have she would have been killed the kid, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But she was in the same place. She'd be in the same place she's in now.
Speaker 4: No, she was just like, yo, you almansa, send this nigga to the night watch. She ain't want to kill him, No.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, even if she had killed him, her position would not be any different. She'd still be fucked mm hmm.
Speaker 2: If anything, Kid, though, I feel you, I feel you, a little cute, little innocent kid. I got all that.
Speaker 3: But this Game of Thrones we killed little innocent kids.
Speaker 2: We see the little girl get birthed up for literally no reason. This kid, this kid want to die. He took the assignment.
Speaker 6: Understanding that right reason, the reason why, kid, they wouldn't have made it out of the airfield with me and I ain't here.
Speaker 3: Maybe the battlefield.
Speaker 2: It ain't me, o, my mama's life over my head, Spike, I'd be like, my mama's lived a good long life.
Speaker 3: To Mike in that a time, and she's probably like thirty, so she close to death anyway. Sorry, getting sturdy or some type of IM talking about.
Speaker 2: They would have heard me hollering on the way up there.
Speaker 4: He got it.
Speaker 3: Soon as I see, as soon as I see nine.
Speaker 1: But what was it?
Speaker 3: Six wings?
Speaker 2: Sorry, my man, My math was off soon as I see six wings. Bro, they ain't on a chicken. It ain't a chicken.
Speaker 4: It ain't chicken wings.
Speaker 3: And I'm seeing dry funk all that ship we how these dragons got nine wings? Bro let me drag You're gonna have to get nine wi.
Speaker 2: I counted counting that song. He counted one, count that one that got jacked.
Speaker 9: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Yeah to me, I just it was just more like she kept them alive because it would have been a goofy story to retail, Like, Mom, when you killed that kid, you thought it was there, But yeah, what was I think a bigger mess up, I'll ask you, And was a mistake for to get upset at the council.
Speaker 3: She ain't even bring the council from.
Speaker 4: She was like, what.
Speaker 2: Right you gotta ride with your crew, bro, they kiddnapped her? Help right the hell? What's look out and burning with Lou Lou? But like you telling me when y'all heard her say, fuck the council, who has left that she left behind? I'm rolling with chorus Damon the concubine.
Speaker 3: Yes, until we figure it out. We're trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Agree, right, They got to keep the team tight.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of it's a lot of you know, rats and all kinds of ship running around that council that you don't know about.
Speaker 1: So you definitely got to keep your team, you know, really really close.
Speaker 3: He thought he thought he was, He thought he got that bar.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't showing it, and I felt like it was it was intended to the metaphors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well even one of the first in the castle, you know what I'm saying, after my keys and whatnot, you know what I'm saying, that's a jay z bar.
Speaker 3: Jay z us the castle line.
Speaker 2: That well, the one of the first council scenes that we have is them talking about the update we get about aiming at uh Heron Hall. Damon finds out that he uh killed that punk ass king and his boys all. And then we also find out that the witch getting around Luke they said we saw her was we saw aiming with somebody up there, and they were was like, it's aid the witch.
Speaker 3: She went to down again? Are you kidding me? So that shit was funny. But but Mike, what was interesting to me was.
Speaker 2: When she was like, all right, Brenia was like, all right, we know we're aiming at and we know we haven't seen Vaga in a few days, but we know aiming at ship. If anybody kidnaps him or kills them, I'll give them hair in hall.
Speaker 3: Fuck it.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that the last episode we did, where I was like, Damon could have just said that, like, if any like the first opportunity, I'm gonna get to here in hall, it's yours even and that's not even guaranteeing that, that's just saying the first opportunity.
Speaker 3: And he didn't even mention it. I knew he was.
Speaker 2: I knew he was gonna do that. He did not care one bit all of this. And again I don't know the books, but I have a.
Speaker 3: Very strong feeling that Ranera and and Damon are not going to win those because they're not playing the game well at all at all. And this scene right here told me when she when he when she brought up here in hall and the fact that Buddy was dead, Damon made a face like damn, I like that guy, Well, yeah, he wouldn't be dead if you played the game right. You fucked up.
Speaker 2: You fucked up, and now you got to sit in that and now and now that damn witch is gonna get your ass.
Speaker 3: I'm actually kind of one, well, I'll hold this because I have a theory about this witch.
Speaker 7: Well, and I was thinking about, like, you know, the discussion we were having last week where all he had to tell her was that let me holler at the queen, right and let me see what's up, right, that's all.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't.
Speaker 6: He was like, no, you got a husband, right, he's always another favor about another favorite, but you're definitely not getting his castle.
Speaker 3: He could have had her, he could have had the witch matter Ranera is him, but he fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was that was one of the first things I was thinking about. And then also the other thing was cant like to your point, they was emphasizing these rats in this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, m h yeah, yeah, And you know, I was.
Speaker 7: I was wondering where they were gonna go with it, and when we got there, I didn't think that was gonna be it. But I did say a lie when I was watching it, like what if it was them damn rats, because they they were just everywhere, and I forgot who killed them rat catchers?
Speaker 3: It was he was trying to find the one that killed the other kid. It was it his son. Yeah, yeah, I thought that was murdered. Yeah, they killed every rat catcher in town. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm yeah home and kept him in the street for people to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But in this scene, we were basically seeing uh Luther, the commander of the City Watch, tell Rner that he can't be her top security person because he got to do his city watch shit. And she got to start delegating things to other people again since she fired her counsel Ride. I know you agree with it, but this puts more work on her. She got to wear a lot of hats, and this is where we start seeing more and more of people just like coming up to her asking her ship, like even the Royal housekeeping staff. So much so she had to go escape and talk to Alison and Helena, which is what I wanted to ask you about. When we see her pull up to Allison asking, bitch, were my money?
Speaker 10: You see Alison, You see how she looked around and she's like, what the fuck you're talking to?
Speaker 2: What do you think about this scene between you?
Speaker 4: The no? This scene?
Speaker 5: This scene was cool, man, just kind of seeing them back in this space together. She actually missing something about you you kill my fuck because she was still saying something about her.
Speaker 4: Oh the daughter was funny too. She was like, do you still about dad? I thought that was funny. Like this whole scene was was was interesting to me, But your specific.
Speaker 2: Question was what I was just like, like the overall conversation she had with Alison was just about like one asking about the money, but also Allison is still dealing with the death or like how much it has changed and Breniera keeps asking her for more and more.
Speaker 3: It seems like I think that's what Allison was. It looked like she was taking it as.
Speaker 2: But overall just like the interesting point that they are in their relationship, Like, what did you think about this conversation and how that kind of revealed that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fine.
Speaker 4: I thought it was fine. Like I said, I just I just liked the interaction between the three in this moment.
Speaker 5: I can't remember what what stuff what else stood out specifically to me in this one though, outside of the goal.
Speaker 4: And she was just saying like, oh, it was.
Speaker 5: Something that that that she was just like, you're gonna blame me for what men do or whatever. So I did like when she said that, I don't be really feeling autison like that. But she sometimes she'll get me with some of the stuff that she says. Now, And at that point I was like agreeing with her. She's like, look, I did this. I told him to fly away. I told the guards to stand down, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was with her. I was with her on that part.
Speaker 2: Hey, Luke, she killed me when she said, so you mean to tell me I got to sit here and hope that you killed my son.
Speaker 6: And so dumbfounded, like she never even thought of it, like she was gonna be happy or something when she told her, like come.
Speaker 3: On, brouh. But I agree he was right. This was a good scene, man.
Speaker 6: I think the dynamic has never been like this between them. Two after she married her father. She's always kind of been the more powerful one in a relationship, and now Raniera is that. And now Raniera's like coming to her for advice and she's like, bro, you are captive in here, I ain't helping you almost out. She's looking at her like she's beyond the friend thing. She's like, I did everything I said I was going to do.
Speaker 3: Now I'm out.
Speaker 6: And I thought the dynamic was really good, even when she referenced her father and she was like, well, he ruled in the world that was created for him and me, You and I have never had that experience.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a really good quote. But and again the daughter did a great job too.
Speaker 6: R She was in her bag like it's like she just does a good job being dumb for lack of a better word, like she just she's dumb.
Speaker 3: Like that is entertaining in the whole what she said, Yeah, I know, we all know what word you wanted to use. That word. She does a great job at being that, and it played it's perfectly in her kid.
Speaker 2: Mike, what were your thoughts on this on this conversation and did you think that Allison was trying to protect Agon still?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the whole protecting Agon thing maybe, but what she was saying made sense, Like you could just get another little burnt up ass kid or just light some other little kid on fire and be like, yeah that was Agon, we killed him.
Speaker 3: That made sense. And I mean, Ranera is just not making good decisions right now. So just to just walk around and be like, oh, yeah he's dead, trust me, bro, No, we don't trust you, don't even know you wouldn't even like you like that. But when she goes into the room and yeah, I'm with y'all. I don't really fuck with Alison like that, but in this moment, I'm like, yeah, I'm with Allison. You seriously got me locked up in this room. You told us we could leave, you lied, you killed my daddy, even if you go third it, and now you're coming here talking about where's my money?
Speaker 4: Fuck you?
Speaker 3: Where's your money? Where's my son? Where's my where's my uber?
Speaker 2: At that you said you're gonna give me to leave the city. This scene was crazy, and the scenes like this is why I said I didn't hate this episode.
Speaker 3: It wasn't bad. Seems like this are really good.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just needed I feel like I needed somebody to get chopped up to make this episode a little bit more interesting. But scenes like this are so good, Like this is really good dialogue, especially the line that Spike this just mentioned where she said, like, yeah, he was he was living in the world that he created and we never stepped footing it.
Speaker 3: That was a bar.
Speaker 4: It was a bar.
Speaker 5: She had a couple of bars, Like I said, she had a few bars. But why wouldn't she ask her though? Like, why why are you saying that she shouldn't ask her?
Speaker 3: Ask her?
Speaker 4: What about the go Who else was she asked?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't say she shouldn't have asked her, I said she I was just I was just saying that I don't think she should have affected her to tell.
Speaker 3: Her because I wouldn't. I wouldn't tell her ship. You can ask me anything you want, I'm not gonna answer you. Well.
Speaker 2: They also fucked up again about her current counsel that y'all cool with James now Jamie Damon. Damon fucked up by chopping off Jasper's head. The black was like he the only nigga that could have known where the gold was at?
Speaker 3: Who is what you know? Alison. No too, she just jaspers to do that. I think he tried to the raper.
Speaker 2: Yeah he had to kill him, but you I mean, yeah, he had a dime to saying, get know where the gold is at first before you kill him, because you don't need to get that to run the city anyway.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's why he had so much like ump in his chest because he knew what all the money and everything was. So he felt like nobody do nothing.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about that. I didn't know that. Yeah, Okay, it makes sense that.
Speaker 4: That's the dude that said well played or something like that. That's that guy.
Speaker 2: Did not he got his head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like she does know though, Allison know where the money.
Speaker 6: She was on a small counsel when they talked about it, when they talked about Atlantis. Dude talked about moving the gold and split it up into three places, and she was in there when they were talking about she knows where gold and she just ain't gonna tell her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just ain't gonna tell Allison.
Speaker 1: Huh, so she would know.
Speaker 3: She would rather risk her her her son getting killed than just go ahead and tell her where to go.
Speaker 6: That's a good question, because I don't know what kind of trump called that even is like you would probably try to befriend her and tell her that rather just be like and hoping she would work.
Speaker 2: Out, like she don't know, she don't know where to go that she does know about that.
Speaker 6: They were all in the small council meeting when they agreed upon where the goal would go.
Speaker 3: Well it went all of them.
Speaker 6: It was her Atlanta's to dude and the king, and they said they were gonna take the gold from there just in case she ever did.
Speaker 3: Leave did come back. They said, well they were putting it. Oh yeah, she proved to. Maybe she forgot.
Speaker 1: You about you about to.
Speaker 3: Forgot yeah you ad they thoughts all day conversation.
Speaker 1: Covered.
Speaker 2: We then see requests her young like her youngest son Jeoffrey to come back home from the veil now that he the last one left, the last air that she got. And then it's where she sees flashbacks Jays still walking through the hall, so like you know, that's still go funk with her. Then we get to my favorite scene, like she had that meeting with the high scepter, the niggas of the claw, they don't fall.
Speaker 3: God got what you think of that threat.
Speaker 2: He made it like, I don't know what you're saying about fucking faith that.
Speaker 6: Nigga said, what about it? What about doing a body right? No, I fucked with his energy one hundred percent. I was like, you can't threaten him. You can threaten anybody else, you can't threaten him. But he was just like, I don't like you no way, So don't be asking me for ship. And then you're gonna turn turn your back and walk away. Oh, by the way, God ain't the one you want to fuck with.
Speaker 2: God ain't the one.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: God created the damn dragons. He ain't gonna get burnt.
Speaker 4: He's a god of life, not death.
Speaker 3: And he said he even hit him with that ship. He was like, he was like your little dragons, it's all about power and lust. He even hit him with the slut shame. He's like, look, I know how you hold it down. I know how y'all do. But your incest and you bring it up in the in the house of the law.
Speaker 4: Jesus.
Speaker 2: He's like, you lost, you lost Jason til five, Jesus, that's why all.
Speaker 3: Your son's dead because Jesus said you.
Speaker 2: Love before he even told her that ship before she was.
Speaker 3: Walking off, he said, hey, take this how you want it.
Speaker 2: But don't funk with the cloth man.
Speaker 3: He was definitely that was wrong. That dude was wrong. He was but wait, I was gonna ask to and this is this is probably a humongous reach. Do y'all think the that the the witch was fucking with Ranera and that's why she was seeing.
Speaker 2: Jayson or was that just the mild I think it was just I think that was just her as a mother, like okay, the little because the dude who looked back kind of did look like for a hot stuck you could be like, oh damn, is that Jason?
Speaker 1: No, I do have.
Speaker 3: Motheruck like Richard Simmons. He did not look like Jason if he has some little baby shorts on.
Speaker 2: He spun around like that work out I'm saying for a hot second bite. And he was in a dark and Richard Simmons was down down the dark allways, just all the way down. You're like, hold on, it's that chase now that Simmons. I knew it was a rich I just wasn't sure what y'all thought. Okay, I had the thought.
Speaker 5: When it happened, but not like that it actually is what's happening. He made me think of the Witch. I get, I'll get what a thought cancel.
Speaker 3: Maybe if it happened more than once, I might lean on it harder. But it only happened once that I can remember. But maybe maybe the witch made oh you know what, I'm gonna hold that too. I got someone that I ain't got some some which hot takes on.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to it. And sounds sounded like stranger things to me, like the whole clock sound every time.
Speaker 1: That was kind of weird.
Speaker 4: It was kind of weird, right, yeah, yeah, it was like yeah, like in stranger things like when pop up.
Speaker 3: It would.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah. Kid.
Speaker 2: To me, that was like the clock ticking on your ass. Speaking of speaking of that, we didn't see Nier continue on with her royal duties, with having a dinner with course and his uh, his neglets.
Speaker 3: Yea, what did you think of? What of course was requesting from er?
Speaker 1: It was funny because he was like, well, I don't know if you noticed he was he was.
Speaker 2: He was like straightened, he was like, man, The funny part about this scene is like trying to explain to your boss in a professional setting to your white boss what it's like.
Speaker 1: To have best.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, these are my kids, but you know my wife, they ain't with her. There was with some concubine on the sea shore.
Speaker 7: It's so fucked up because like he ain't got ship left and that's all he's trying to do.
Speaker 1: And it's just that is just a freaking word. Yeah, and you know, and she just kind of was like, you know what, I'll think about it now. She did what damon she did? You know, let me get back to you and uh and we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, let me get back to y'a almost died three times for you kids, and my wife did my kids?
Speaker 6: Hell, my my house burned down, like you just gotta say, no. I was she lucky he held off for as long as he did. And when he finally found out that she didn't do it, would have went up at that table like it should have had he put it on the line.
Speaker 3: His brother got killed because of her, Like he didn't put it on the line for her. And I'm just asking you for a small little name change.
Speaker 6: And I didn't even really understand why she was hesitating until the end when they talked about it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't put into it.
Speaker 2: To it didn't neither. I didn't either, like because.
Speaker 3: I want to say it later. But she had the audacity to use that reason.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, but no, But Louke, I knew he was, of course was gonna be asking for something because he made you know, he was sharing her chicken, his best chicken with catoking like that, I'm cooking chicken for you.
Speaker 3: They ain't fried. You know, she don't want fried chicken. He probably didn't season it at all with raisins and ship on it. Her chicken was different than everybody else's, Like God, it was that cranberries around it.
Speaker 1: She's gonna sit there a lot of his face like she didn't know that was his kids.
Speaker 3: She's talking about. I didn't notice that.
Speaker 7: Everybody that told you at the whole world, everybody out the words out, everybody told you about now that you gotta damn kids running right, because because everybody asked who he's damn random black folks walking through this damn castle.
Speaker 3: They must there a new rat, ye damn.
Speaker 2: Fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was thoroughly confused, like watching his before we got to the other part, and I was like why she acted like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that. I thought it came with something like when you passed down to they or like when you have a name, like you have to have like some type of property. I thought it was gonna cost her money, like yeah, something or something. I thought he was asking for a legit favor. But like, yeah, we'll get to what it actually really meant. But right after that, Rod, we see Rner lead the table that dinner scene and give the craziest stink out of Baylor for no reason. Bro Bayla done her job. Buh, what you got to say, Mike, Rod, I'll ask you for Mike, we'll get to I don't think she deserved that stink look that she got, Broh, go ahead.
Speaker 4: And Dom just came in.
Speaker 3: No, Baylor deserved more than that stink guy, Nick. Bayla is part of the reason why her son is dead. No, s Yeah, she Zoe stopped girl.
Speaker 2: Nah, like she can't even look at Bayla because Bayla was over there like yeah, Jason, I got your back.
Speaker 3: Boo.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's.
Speaker 3: No, she's not what you mean. No, she's not. She knew she should. Look.
Speaker 2: The job of a wife is to know your husband, you know, your husband is not built like that. If me and my girl go somewhere and somebody the size of d boat walks up, I don't expect my girl to be like, oh yeah, hitting hitting baby, I couldn't do anything. You can do this hitting.
Speaker 3: No. I expect her to be like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Are you doing? I'm not walking around with you looking all busted up because you got your ass whooped by some big ass fool that you shouldn't have been fucking with.
Speaker 3: Bayla. Bayla fucked up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Granted she's young, so Ranera needs to let it go. But in this moment, I understand why she was like this, this little nigger bitch, don't even look my way. My beautiful Jason's dead because of she ain't wrong, bro can and I've tripped the thing that she's wrong for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you are, because what a mother. It's the motherly instinct. Nick. She know.
Speaker 7: Look, you may not be directly involved, but somebody around you know what the fuck happened to my kid? And when she found out this, her damn sister, she gonna remember that and look at you like I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew my damn kid wasn't that damn bad as it seemed.
Speaker 7: It was like y'all none righting motherfucker ass took y'all glass out.
Speaker 1: There and got my damn kid killed.
Speaker 2: This was dough Boy bringing Ricky's dead body back and the mama bugging the hell out and beating the shit out of dough Boy, and dough Boy being like, what, I dude, what you hit me full? Because you got Ricky killed.
Speaker 3: If Ricky wouldn't have been hanging out with your ass, Ricky would be playing ball somewhere. That's how she's looking at it.
Speaker 2: But that in that first I got an analogy for both. For that one, the boys in the hood, Wind I don't think really is equal to this because dough Boy actually did some shit that caused Ricky to die. Chase was the one who caused the ship. Jay slocked his mom in the room and said, hey, baby, come with me. I'm about to do some dumb shit. And Mike and Lou I just watched Bad Boys three randomly and in this line Mike Mike Lowry gave this toast to Marn's kid when she was getting married for no reason. But he said, we got a model a mantra, And I think the wife of a man in this situation will go about this. We ride together, we die together, bad boys for life, like I would want, Like, if I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna do some shit, my wife got you shake your head name.
Speaker 2: If Rod said, hey, baby, we gotta do this ship, You're gonna be like, all right, baby, we gotta do this ship.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Stupid, No, absolutely, your ass down somewhere and shut up. Absolutely not. A good wife is not gonna all my whole husband to go into no bullshit blindly absolutely not. Everybody need to ask for I'm not gonna kill Baylor because I know my son is the one who hopped me in the room. But you you wasn't on your job for letting him do all that ship. Y'all, y'all was gonna be one you just as wrong, like why you ain't.
Speaker 3: There exactly right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: All right, look the last one because I think I lost this, but go ahead your thought. I was kind of with you to everybody went down when they.
Speaker 12: I was the same way.
Speaker 3: I was like, he had a point, and then I'm like, you know, I was like that's pity, Like she like she has to do that.
Speaker 6: But now as I'm hearing people explaining it, and she's probably still dealing with the grief of it too, on top of everything else that she's dealing with being broken, rats and everything else is going on.
Speaker 3: I could see her looking at her and be like bitch and just trying to keep it moving. So, yeah, y'all convinced me she didn't do have.
Speaker 4: We talked about the fact that she crampling on top of all.
Speaker 8: Of this.
Speaker 3: Wait on you for that year.
Speaker 2: But we look to your point, we do.
Speaker 3: See that he said at the very beginning, why you're looking like that?
Speaker 2: Then he was supposed to know what you ain't gonna wrote me in no bullshit you about the you know about the Baylor meat spike.
Speaker 3: I ain't involved in this.
Speaker 2: Because I'll say we were literally about to get to it because they played a no. Because also to lose point, Brenda is still dealing with a lot because she couldn't even sleep in her own bed by herself.
Speaker 3: She had to go crawl in the bed with Damon.
Speaker 2: And then the next day, yeah, the next day we see her getting fitted for her first big appearance in front of the common folk. And it's the time of the month which we find out that you know, so shit is happening an inside and outside. So nay, I'm glad she can't control what's happening to But now I'm glad to get you shut up a perfect time because to me, I feel like was the show trying to expose what it could be like for a woman in a high leadership position, like what's that to do? Be like? Especially when it's like the worst day or the worst week of the month week, I mean, the.
Speaker 4: Worst is subjective, right, But no, I think that they did.
Speaker 11: I liked the fact that they added this layer because they have quietly been like building this, like this scenario of try of showing like how difficult it is for her because she is a woman, how difficult it is for her to be taken seriously because she.
Speaker 4: Is a woman.
Speaker 11: And I think because initially I felt like the episode was kind of clunky, like it was kind of disjointed, like why is it so like it doesn't feel smooth? But I think they did an excellent job of making you feel like what Rnero would feel like on top of the fact that I'm cramping and y'all, like it was the epitome of I can't even get like when you come home from working, it's like I can't even get my foot in the door before these kids start bothering me. Like that's exactly what it felt like. And I felt like they did a really good job of adding this additional layer that nobody but a woman is gonna understand, like I gotta deal with this on top of the fact that I got cramps in like I like my god on today. So I loved this and they did it just well enough where it's not like it took because life goes on, Like we deal with this every month.
Speaker 4: Life goes on.
Speaker 11: You drink your tea, you take your mind on, and you keep it pushing. And I think they did a really good job of showing what that looks like in this type of scenario.
Speaker 4: I love this layer.
Speaker 1: Neither way.
Speaker 7: They kind of shot it with all them people like bothering the shit out of her with all these demands and she just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Was done really really well.
Speaker 7: But I'm just sitting there watching the show and all I heard was my wife was like, oh, she cramping. I like, still just watching the show, and then she brought the tea. I was like, well, damn, she like I told you.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh shit. I was like, oh well, Y'all'm over gonna catch hell the rest of this episode.
Speaker 4: But they didn't.
Speaker 11: And that's what I loved about the episode. It's like they could have caught so much more Hell. It's like it was calculs. It wasn't like she was just popping off. No, you just brace yourself when the crams come.
Speaker 4: And keep moving.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Mike. I feel like watching her on that uncomfortable ass seat, why these town folks just bitching, like not saying, they ain't saying nothing like that. It doesn't need to be said, but it's still like when you uncomfortable and you're hearing somebody just bitching, it's like, all right, bro, I'm trying to get I'm trying to say anything for you to get out of my face.
Speaker 3: What did you think about this? Those interactions with her in the townspeople, I was reaching again, and I was thinking I was wondering if the Witch did this too, Like if the Witch make her kick off her period in that moment again, it's I'm sure it's a reach. I don't know, but it was just like, all right, you just saw jas and this just happened to happen right now in this moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Stress will make it start early.
Speaker 4: Stress can make it start, stress can make it skip.
Speaker 3: Okay, see this is this is this is interesting writing because I know they don't expect none of these men to know that ship.
Speaker 1: I already told you I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: Like now, to hear her she cut her finger kin when I was like.
Speaker 12: Her finger.
Speaker 3: I thought when she was doing a little fitting, somebody just come through.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When she said I'm bleeding, I was like, okay, she's on her pier. But I thought that it meant like she was ready to snap. Because kid, you know how they be saying, this is why they don't want women in power.
Speaker 10: They pushed the button. You're saying that, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I was like why. I was like, they better not go that direction because that'd be stupid.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I was a good cleaning. He cleaned the ship out that like a janitor.
Speaker 2: You know, no real talk, not real talk. I know it sounds crazy, but it's because it's it's because of what the like, the uncomfortable position she was in and all day the whole point of this episode was handing what it's like a day of life as like royalty and this is what she asked for, but it's also like you get what you were like you asked for in the ways you don't expect it. They was mentioning the whole episode, Louke, I'm waiting for her to snap off on somebody, you know what I'm saying, and like to But today's point which I'm glad she brought up that perspective.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: That's what it. That's the restraint that I believe the show is talking about women. But I was thinking there was gonna go in another direction as far as I was, it was going to expose all this ship and I was like, that's.
Speaker 3: A fuck up. A lot of it's gonna be a lot of thing pieces.
Speaker 2: On that.
Speaker 4: Near the cruel because of her cycle.
Speaker 2: I thought she was going to cut somebody out that that didn't deserve it, like everybody and all the people that she could have cussed out that did deserve it.
Speaker 3: Because I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Gonna be that the nigga, damn, Like I didn't know if he was black or it was just dirty.
Speaker 3: But me, you know, I'm with you. Nick I'm with you. I didn't either. I felt really fucked up. I was like like a bug Buddy cartoon. But after they got shot at something.
Speaker 12: After a shot gun goes off, I was like, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm racist, and I was like, I can't tell what black face is or not. I couldn't tell, bro, But nah, that's what I was thinking that it was gonna go on. But I'm glad they went in a different direction because I didn't expect it. You thought they gonna called her whennarrow the bloody Oh man, I was wrong though, clearly. Nah, But Lou, what did you think about as far as like to me, this is where I felt like we were starting to see how you could switch from Team Black to Team Green. You know what I'm saying, Like, I feel like we're seeing like people like even Mike start off saying like I didn't fuck with this episode right, and it's like now you're like, Okay, now we're gonna get a lot of more evidence to see why because of the ship that she's deciding, like, ask Queen.
Speaker 4: Why this episode.
Speaker 13: Because because of the because you would argue she's you can argue, Lou, I don't know if you agree with this, But you could argue there as a big hypocrite in this episode in multiple ways.
Speaker 6: I don't think she's as much a hypocrite as she just don't know to your earlier point what the fuck she's doing and making the switch from Team Green between two excuse me, from Team Black to Green. I feel like for people that have done it lies primarily in looking at them these first two days, like, oh, they don't know ship people giving them the wrong.
Speaker 3: Children, like they from the rich people she ain't posed to, like they just sided.
Speaker 6: Don't nobody know she's asking her prisoner how my daddy did it, and her telling them my daddy, your daddy wouldn't even good at so like they they don't know nothing is going on as to what Team Green. You at least had Otto, who I feel like was smart, and you had limp Foot, like though they had the two smart people on the team.
Speaker 3: Now I'm looking at you like I don't know who smart person is.
Speaker 11: This is like like Trump handing Biden a fuck up American. Y'all expected him to fix it on day one.
Speaker 4: That's what I told him.
Speaker 3: I'd expect them to be were prepared, That's what I would.
Speaker 2: But no, but but but they the question. The reason why I said I focused on the hypocrite side because there's the personal hypocrite, and then that's the professional hypocrite because profession they hungry because of you, exactly like you're yelling at these rich other people that did like that reacted to what you did.
Speaker 3: We stole the food because you cut it off.
Speaker 4: I mean it was war.
Speaker 3: It was war, right, yea, but that's what the consequence.
Speaker 11: But they also have a bunch of rich folks who are storehousing all their riches and not doing they weren't, like they didn't pis for a leadership as well, Like there was a way to be able to keep the townspeople from being as hungry as they are in the midst of the war, but they didn't do that. So, yeah, she gotta come in and kind of clean up some of the message had that that happened at her hand because.
Speaker 4: They was at war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that. But for her to come in and act like she's so surprised that these rich people did that when her family probably would have done the same shit. And I'm gonna go over you, I'm gonna cook up these rats just to prove a point. It's like, you're not proving a point.
Speaker 2: This all happened because you blocked the You did the blockade, so every all these people are starving. And yes, the rich people are trash, but rich people are always gonna be trash.
Speaker 3: So she's bad, Like I don't know, man, like this like this.
Speaker 11: It was a lot of showy stuff, I will give you that, Like a lot of the moves, it felt very political. It's like kissing babies, like you're not really fixing the problem. You're just doing enough to calm the people down for a minute so you can figure out how to actually fix the problem.
Speaker 5: They said it in the show, right, Well, she's like it's only gonna last for like a few weeks or so, yeah, until we can find a better solution.
Speaker 3: But I feel like a near age man.
Speaker 2: She trash in this episode.
Speaker 3: Especially my boy Corls.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you, and we're gonna get to that part too. But to me name it was just also like I want to get your thoughts on her counsel because I'm thinking, like her counsel ain't ship. And granted she let go of a lot of other niggas that she couldn't trust. I feel like she let go the smart team or the smart side of the room because what she was left with. Hey, k you saw of course was in that room and she was of course, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Was like.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 3: Was like I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I up man what she got?
Speaker 3: You guy, this is you gotta worry.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: This is where she decided on why she was she gonna get the last year. You ain't adding to the conversation.
Speaker 7: I think that's why he didn't. He didn't help her either. He was like, because you know how that was gonna go.
Speaker 6: So even how he hited, he told her then he told her then when he was sitting here like it's a simple like word, you ain't even got to do too much.
Speaker 3: I didn't right now.
Speaker 6: And then that's why he was like in the councilor you got it? Yes, how she was she was checked like she was mortified. But that's what I just didn't understand. But then later I got I understood her explanation for it. I didn't decide but we'll get to that, hey, but like.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, No, I was going to say, like as far as getting to it, the first part of it we see in real time, is Ranera fulfilling her promise making the dragon bastards, knights and sirs.
Speaker 3: What we're seeing take on the left, Han. But you think about that scene.
Speaker 6: And my boy trying to get everything he can get out of riding the train. Bro, he was like, I ain't getting no castle. At least I'm gonna be a top Gary. When she asking what navy fast, I just thought that was funny as hell that he couldn't read the room. And then I guess the middle dude is the clean cut, saved one, so he gonna.
Speaker 3: Go with the book.
Speaker 6: And then a black dude he was the wild card, and that told us a lot about the scene that we're gonna have coming up when she named him whole instead of the name that he should have been named. But I thought the scene was fine, and I keep I say this. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I think the dude who said he wanted to be a tar Gearian, that the goofy dude.
Speaker 3: He gonna do something, Oh do something to fuck them over. He like they just treat him too, They treat them too crazy.
Speaker 1: Damon hates him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll screw up to day, so like he treating him, I think all of them are going to turn on on an era, all three of them, Yeah, already did what a throw on?
Speaker 6: Got reason now because all three of them got reason, Like Mike, Yeah, because old buddy family.
Speaker 2: I think he said left right his remember his and his wife left. She went to the place that they just took over though, that's right, yep, yep. So then he's probably gonna be like, well, ship, I may as well go side with them so I can get my wife back.
Speaker 3: And plus you don't put me in the fucking projects over here. House He got no house?
Speaker 1: She was like.
Speaker 3: He was like, when when this is gonna happen? She was like, when we get the money, right when I can get around?
Speaker 6: I got a dragon, Like, I don't see how nobody in this world that got a dragon need money. I'm just pulling up a random places, like come on with I'm jack, you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing.
Speaker 10: Just because just because.
Speaker 2: Just because you got a dragon don't mean you can't get killed. And I am not trying to get townspeople killed in my sleep, like you know how to do it in this show come at you and as a thief in the night, and it ain't Jesus, and they will slip your throat.
Speaker 3: With your sleeping Now you gotta fly some will far away where he got money. That's right.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that I ain't gonna I'm not gonna rob nobody, but I am gonna have I don't know how I'm gonna have a house.
Speaker 3: But you should be guaranteed the house with the dragon, like, there's no question gonna rob somebody. Come on with it. Come give me this house, all your gold and your food.
Speaker 1: Go find the court.
Speaker 4: I got a drink.
Speaker 3: Yeh, Hey, I got a drink.
Speaker 2: And you're the reason why. You the reason why maiggas don't have dragons. The first thing you're thinking about it is stealing.
Speaker 6: No, that is if I didn't have Bro ain't got no house, his family left, he broke. All he got is the dragon. He gotta get on the block.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 3: Now he was asking for too much.
Speaker 2: You can't ask for targarian Bro.
Speaker 3: Now, ain't talking about him. I'm talk about the other du the other guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he got a reason, he got a reason. He just asked for a crib.
Speaker 1: But nay.
Speaker 2: This is where the hypocrites on the personal side is with and why people kind of you could question her because bro, it's just the last name she called a nigga Hall.
Speaker 3: Like like, why.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I guess we're gonna have some thoughts to talk about.
Speaker 7: It was because he he just knew he was going to get that name. He was staring to smile before. Yeah you hear what she called me?
Speaker 1: Buddy.
Speaker 3: He thought he had that promotion and they gave it to somebody else.
Speaker 2: He had a he had a video on the side ready like wait you hear my last name gul for me?
Speaker 1: But he.
Speaker 2: Right, he thought we managed. They put his ass on the pip.
Speaker 3: He said, Hall, Hall, I've been closing every night this week.
Speaker 1: I'll be on time.
Speaker 3: Boss.
Speaker 2: That was fucked up. Yeah, I'm done with her. There after this, well, yes, yeah I was racist.
Speaker 4: What she's said, He like, say it out loud, m hmm.
Speaker 1: What mean?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 3: Especially we ain't there yet, but when we get there, Like he.
Speaker 2: Was pissed because he couldn't even say the words like how the white people said it.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, what they said to eat none of that ship.
Speaker 2: Get we get close to it, but we didn't see when there link up with Allison and have a heart to heart with her about heart this to be a ruler. May What did you think about this scene where I think one of y'all mentioned this is where she mentions like, uh, your daddy wasn't that good. We just lived in good times, and basically how she was describing it, Yes.
Speaker 11: Said that he like he lived in his own world of delusion, Like he was like he didn't out especially towards the end.
Speaker 4: He was like he just didn't even pay attention to what was going on.
Speaker 11: But I thought I thought that Allison gave her like she actually needed to listen to what Alison was saying. She was like this, this is gonna change you, but you're not gonna be the same girl you was walking in It changed the hell out of me. And and so yeah, I think that that she was giving her very fair warning about what it is she actually has to deal with. Because her father didn't even really he never wanted the seat to begin with, so he never really took on the role in the way that a true leader would, so she didn't have accurate representation of what being a leader in this position was gonna was gonna require.
Speaker 2: You felt that same way Roun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: Like I was saying earlier, Alison's been dropping bars. She's been dropping game because she's been in it, you know what I'm saying. She she has the experience that this point and like as frustrating as we've gotten with her in the past, now you see where that time has benefited and just seeing how like she kind of does know the ends and outs of this of this kingdom. So no, I like the heart the heart here and it did remind me of like when they were younger, as she as I was thinking it as she said it, I was like, dang nothing.
Speaker 4: They haven't been in this spot since the earlier season, so uh season.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I like this moment. I liked all the moments with them. Actually, did you like the moment earlier with them with the daughter in the castle and she was talking about the gold and all.
Speaker 11: That, So I think that, Yeah, it was again Allison is let the know, like at the end of the day that don't nobody really respect didn't respect me because I was a woman in this position.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be hard pressed to respect you. I mean once once her son was gone. You saw they was trying to rape her.
Speaker 11: So it was another like indication of like you really don't like they really are not checking for you because you're a woman.
Speaker 4: For real, for real, m.
Speaker 2: Mike, going off of uh this point, we basically see Branera set up the banquet and that we talked about earlier, and I feel like she was I think Alison asked her in the same prior, like, what would your daddy do? And she said she He'll throw a banquet, And I think she's thinking this is going in good memory to her father. But I'm also asking like, and I think they asked us in the show, do you think these small gestures will do something like actually get the townspeople on it, because we know it's a limited to supply of food she actually can even get from these people, But she's still trying to do something to save her ass.
Speaker 3: I don't think she was doing anything to save her ass. She was. It was almost like she was fucking flung on the people. They don't have food. That's why I'm comparing her to Trump. It's like they don't have food, and you're seriously out here throwing a fuck banquet. Nobody needs this right now. She would have looked better had she come in, just put the fucking crown on and then start serving the people. This whole, this whole ship was just aggravating. And and again I haven't read the books. Maybe this stuff is required in order for them to be royalty. I don't know how all that works it is, but ship, she could just say, I'm not doing that right now, we can do this later. Right now, the people that I'm supposed to be over are dying, so let's think of that. But the banquet was only for the rich people.
Speaker 6: That's still it was so she could steal that stuff and get them. So she only threw the banklet for the rich. And I'm sure you know that. I ain't talking like you're doing anything. But she only threw the bank rich people. She only threw the banklet for the rich people to get them out of their household. Her team could go steal from them to give to the poor people.
Speaker 3: Nope, that I'm dumb, Spike, because I didn't catch that.
Speaker 1: Stop it.
Speaker 3: Damn. Ron didn't have to say nothing.
Speaker 7: Fight.
Speaker 3: I already said, I'm dumb.
Speaker 2: Hey, rol, I see Rod's face. The whole South was.
Speaker 3: No I didn't catch that. So wait, Sonia was getting her people to go steal their stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was only the rich people that were at that bank when that's why she fed them wrecks and she was saying, this is what the townspeople.
Speaker 3: But now I will take y'all food that y'all been ordered how long? And I'm finna give this out to the poor people.
Speaker 2: No, I caught all that, But I thought you were saying that that when she invited them there, her people were going to their house in that moment to steal their ship.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the part I missed.
Speaker 2: I thought she was saying, like, yes, I invited y'all here, and I'm making you give us the stuff that you hoarded.
Speaker 3: I didn't not even were already going there to take it. See, ain't that dumb? Rod just a little dumb.
Speaker 2: But does but does that do anything like that? They always say that's a band aid situation or a solution.
Speaker 3: It proves a point kind of like you know, look, I know y'all were starving, and these rich people were taken and she's she's now she's going from Trump to mom Donnie. Just for a minute, you know what I'm saying, She's like they, I know you're starving and you're dying, and these people were hoarding the food, but I'm taking it and I'm giving it back to the people. So all right, she's she's gained a little favor.
Speaker 2: How did you see it take that scene?
Speaker 3: Nay, the same.
Speaker 4: I would say that.
Speaker 11: I think she's for whatever she's heavy on, like legitimizing her throne because it's been taken from her. So initially I was kind of saying, like, what is a banquet gonna do the same thing like with the coronation, I'm like, what is what is the Like I get it, but it's not it's not helping anything. But ultimately I do have to remember that, like she was, her throne was taken, so she's trying to do everything she can to legitimize her position.
Speaker 4: So I was fine with it. Yeah, it feels like a band aid, but I was.
Speaker 3: Fine with it.
Speaker 4: But she acknowledged that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just I'm just like I and it's her first day, so like she's trying to do it like it's yeah. But I thought it was interesting that the cousin the back, he was just laughing.
Speaker 2: He was like, listen, you kid, you think you do something real cute, right, we know because of your goofy ass.
Speaker 6: Like you're gonna need me one day. I can already tell like nobody's smart on your team, Like you're gonna need me.
Speaker 2: When you need me, come see me. That's basically what he was selling her. We know he's gonna be around. That's y'all recognize him, right?
Speaker 4: He was wasn't he was he in Gang?
Speaker 3: He was in Walking Dead. That was Luke.
Speaker 4: That's who he was.
Speaker 3: I figure it out. Yeah, they had a couple of cool cameos. They had to do Brazo from and Or was on the But yeah, when he showed up, I was like, oh, and the way he was grinning like that, I was like, oh, he knows something.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ken, what did you think about? What were your thoughts on the conversation after this? When 'ner and Damon they were on the top of their I guess balcony looking over everything and basically they're arguing about the power of the dragon and what it truly means.
Speaker 1: Well, he tried the same shit he did last time that the shit didn't work.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: She was ready this time.
Speaker 4: Yes, she was talking about m she.
Speaker 1: Liken, not today, but.
Speaker 7: I think I thought it was interesting because there are people giving her advice on how to be a ruler, and there are certain requirements that you have, certain things that you have to do or consider doing.
Speaker 1: And this was one that Damon is pushing for is expansionism.
Speaker 7: Basically, you know, we have the leverage, we have the memes, we have, you know, the most powerful military or whatever.
Speaker 1: We can go take control over everything.
Speaker 7: Not saying it would work, because it probably wouldn't be this is fucking game of Thrones or whatever, but this is how we're looking at it. Let's go ahead and use this opportunity to acquire all of these different countries and add to our realm and then we'll be rules forever, which is why Damon probably never was on the throne. And but you always have these sort of warhawks that are that are on your council that's advised you to do these sort of things. And it was also one of the things that her daddy didn't do as well he wanted. He was the passive is king or whatever. But I think ultimately to a certain degree he may prove to be right. And he was hot when she said, nah, I'm good, and he was like, well he still got to kill that little Napi headed boy, and he you know, he ran off and pout it. But I think he has a point, and I think Ranera has to figure out a way to take this advice and make the best decisions possible because at some point she will need other kingdoms to be on her side, willingly or unwillingly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is your what were your thoughts name?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's similar to what I said before, Like they have to find like a middle ground that like Ranera is being a little too passive in this smallment and Damon is always being too aggressive. So I think the they like when they find a middle ground or have the ability to meet somewhere in the middle is when they do their best work. And I just wish that they would like Conversations like this frustrate me because I wish that they would like figure out how to like compromise in the decision making.
Speaker 4: Peace because they need a little bit of each other. I said that before. I think I said that last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you like how their relationship dynamic works, And it's interesting you said it in the last episode because you feel like it worked to perfection based on the results, and then in this episode you're saying, like you can see how it's.
Speaker 3: A struggle at times because it's like our two ideologies.
Speaker 2: Are clashing, and Lewis is why I thought the scene really stood out because Damon is like, bro, he's smelling the font like he like, bro, we are gods. These are ants, and She's like, nigga, these is people too, like these these these are like I forgot that her daddy gave up his dragon.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's how much he was just like bro, these things kind of corrupt us.
Speaker 2: Like he went out crazy, but he was actually a sound mind when he was like when you start reading like going back through and like the archives of what he was actually trying to do and what we were saying.
Speaker 3: And I think she loved him so much, especially because he like trusted her as his heir to be like, I gotta be like him.
Speaker 2: He the only nigga that really believed in me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 6: And that came out in this conversation because I feel like Damon is talking similar to how Denarius was talking in Game of Thrones, and like it's just the beginning, like were going everywhere, We're taking over everything, and she just don't look at it that way. I don't think that she wanted to be queen for that when when I say she, I'm talking about right here.
Speaker 3: And Damon on the.
Speaker 6: Other hand, like Nay is saying it like you're saying like he ain't looking at it like, Okay, we just Targarian's we're gonna rule. No we god, y'all need to bow down to us, be fearful of us, not even oh, no disrespect type of thing.
Speaker 3: But we want to take this.
Speaker 6: Over and we want to do it in whatever means or ways possible. So it really did show that they were disconnected in that sense. But it does suck because he offers her good advice in the sense of like just how to rule and what and how things should be, but when it comes to beyond that, he gives her terrible advice and like go to Dorn and do all of these things where like that don't that don't even make sense. It's like that's a crazy person thing that you're talking about right now when we can't even figure this right here out.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was a good scene. Mike I want to ask you more. I want to ask you about that, but I really want to just get to this coiler ship. So you let me know if you got any thoughts on that. That scene between uh Ranera and Damon not really nothing, nothing that hasn't already been said. Okay, so moving on, I bear leave long enough. Uh We see uh Brena is tired. She looked tired as hell in the next scene, but she still goes out, gives her speech to the town, gives out the turkeys and Thanksgiving and ship.
Speaker 3: But then we see she has another conversation and.
Speaker 2: I really course pull it to the side. Afterwards, He's like, listen, boss, I got something I need to talk to you about because I heard about what you did, like you got the floor go ahead.
Speaker 3: This ship was this ship was trash. This ship was trash. I don't understand what the hell she was thinking and how she thought Corlis was gonna go for this. This was fucked up.
Speaker 2: And Corlis, he said, some bad ship, but he wanted to say worse. It's like your son's off fucking he said.
Speaker 3: He said, your son came into this world.
Speaker 14: And left oh bad, And she turned around. How could you, oh my god, that's all she.
Speaker 3: Had to do was legitimize his kids. That's all you got, and I get it. Oh oh there's rumors about my kids. Fuck your kids.
Speaker 2: They're dead.
Speaker 3: They're fucking dead. At this point, I helped like get you on this throne, and this is how you played me.
Speaker 2: Now, if y'all want to make the case of what she had to do this, fine, but you know what, bring your ass and tell me to my face, don't let me find this ship out on the streets that I asked you for a simple favor and your punk ass couldn't fucking do it.
Speaker 3: Instead you going here and name my goddamn son a.
Speaker 2: Whole a hole. He hold.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't appreciate it, Nay, she'd have to go ahead, go ahead, forget that.
Speaker 11: The only reason why she got bastard kids is because her son like sons. She put it very easily, outed her son saying well, you ain't have a son, and then like, girls, for real, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: To have these baskeard sons. You lucky. I ain't put your son out on front street all these goddamn that is.
Speaker 2: That is I forgot about that.
Speaker 14: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Women know how to go lower but low and calls on the Basket of Women show.
Speaker 2: Okay, they went back to season one episode fold.
Speaker 3: I forgot I forgot. How did you forget? I mean, not real forget.
Speaker 2: I'm forgetting the part that we're never played in. That is what I'm saying, Like I forgot that she knew as well. Like you know what I'm saying you, I don't think it matters.
Speaker 3: You could tell me that now fun. Okay, cool, But what about now? I forgot your bathrooms? What a out?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Why Mike?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He's dead.
Speaker 11: Now forty five years later, you don't found these two nigglas in the ocean and now I'm giving him some goddamn no half.
Speaker 3: Almost drowned and he's yes on my dragon.
Speaker 4: And found your bitch.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because but at the end of the day, I would have been like, oh, okay, so you want to talk all bad? Where were you? Your ass was locked up in a room. I was out here in the streets like old dog by bow.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: You were in a room, locked up and crying, cutting your little dress up. Fuck that. No, the least you can do give my son a name?
Speaker 2: Hey, right, while while Mike spending that future life where your ass is that he bring brings up some really good points. I didn't really think about how even if we if we're gonna go there to the history books.
Speaker 6: Of what, Yeah, you can do that with somebody else, if I'm callings, you can't do that with me? Up, I don't don't. I done done way too much and gave with way too much for you to be sitting right here for you to be like you. It's gonna look bad, look bad, That's what it's gonna That's what you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna hit me with scene and tell your girl that you even kill her son, you sending him to the wall.
Speaker 3: No, I don't care about how it looks. Give my son's day name. I done did too much for this organization, the Crown or whatever it is, and I'm out.
Speaker 4: That niggas for real.
Speaker 2: He do though.
Speaker 4: He don't know her kids.
Speaker 3: Like she don't know her kids neither. She just met that other little one that just showed up.
Speaker 4: She don't know the little.
Speaker 11: Pop that's Alison, don't. I mean no, she don't know that's that's that's something I have brother. She ain't know, She don't know nothing.
Speaker 6: As a ready post, ready post, and Alison got the loudest face in the realm, like you were just looking at her.
Speaker 3: She looked at that.
Speaker 1: She was legit.
Speaker 3: I was confused. I was looking at her, was like she looking like that?
Speaker 2: And when I found out, when I found out, I rewounded that scene about five times.
Speaker 7: That's her.
Speaker 4: That was her.
Speaker 3: You goofy as hell.
Speaker 1: I thought, you have my son who.
Speaker 3: I know, were skipping over corner site and take up how dumb she was looking like real stupid.
Speaker 7: You just brought it in here like that was funny the telegoness in this scene here boy, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Ron real quick, like you are you with on they's side as far as like why had a legit reason to deny the names?
Speaker 4: In the moment, I was with y'all like I'm like, dang man, like like she can't she could do this, I could, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But but I do get it, because I mean, at the end of the day, let's let's be honest, you wouldn't even even acknowledge these boys if your wife didn't die.
Speaker 2: But that's even more of a reason for him for for her to do it. I lost my wife I lost my my actual kids, niggas, I lost my house. You can't do this one thing.
Speaker 11: I can't because you're not accept the fact and acknowledge the fact that that I was about to have a basketub to sit on the ground.
Speaker 3: I ain't got fip of that.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing. She never said that she wasn't gonna do it. She's like, look, man, it's my first day.
Speaker 3: Give me some time.
Speaker 2: That you're defending the politician, the people, couple, give me a couple of somebody, he said, somebody, Like what she.
Speaker 4: What you mean like if she knighted him Adam of the whole.
Speaker 3: Can she can still change she can still change his name though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she got in this position.
Speaker 2: But Ken, my thing was more about like out of everybody that was asking her for ship that day, he was like, I don't want no return. I don't want no I don't want nothing.
Speaker 3: I just I just want this.
Speaker 2: I ain't ask you for no gold. I asked you for no house, no other dragon like, I just want this name.
Speaker 4: And all she asked me for is time.
Speaker 3: That's all she's asking.
Speaker 2: And right and right as a father, he as a father, he just had dinner with his sons. It's like, hey, brother, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 3: I got these rocker felling chains for y'alls, right, but.
Speaker 4: Really have rockefella chain somewhere either, because he just as bro.
Speaker 3: Oh y'all doing corless.
Speaker 2: Ye hey man, I never.
Speaker 3: Never thought to say stuff like this.
Speaker 7: It's true though, Nick, and I think it's real fucked up that by the time the kids came around and he got his kid, he doesn't have ship.
Speaker 6: But this would make it more. You sitting there to take this down talking about all we got is us. They got to take his name and go make some more money. They got to get it back out there on the track. That's why I need him to have his name.
Speaker 1: See, first of all.
Speaker 2: Need no name.
Speaker 4: He got a dream.
Speaker 7: You need to get on out of here now that this white woman is gone and his castle is all burnt the funk up?
Speaker 1: Now you want to Now you want to be daddy? Yes, you want to be daddy?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, c m B.
Speaker 2: We all we got hell. They think about if y'all had a rich daddy and then he want to make it, then he want.
Speaker 4: To be cool with you.
Speaker 2: Y'all found to different.
Speaker 3: That's just different.
Speaker 1: This is different.
Speaker 3: Funny, and that's forty years.
Speaker 4: For forty years, he wasn't no where to be found. To be broken. You want to be my daddy, may get up my face.
Speaker 3: But it ain't them that's denied it, though, Rod.
Speaker 1: That's different.
Speaker 2: Denying the name and right and Rod to me if she had rid name, if she had any others, and in what she said, I can lean into what y'all talking about. But the fact that she had the audacity to say, oh, you got master kids, and I can't deal. He was like, my brother died for saying the truth.
Speaker 3: And again I'll give you this credit. She said the ship when Damon.
Speaker 2: Was all the way gone.
Speaker 15: To say that, he looked around. He looked around before he said it. He said, I can't even read his lips.
Speaker 3: He got that's why he only got loud one time.
Speaker 2: But but to say that to someone who was like, Bro, I was gonna name my heir, who I knew wasn't related to me, to take all my ship in dark Smith where the they was at, and you telling me I can't get no fucking name.
Speaker 11: All right, Bro, already talking ship about my bad the kids. I'm trying to be I'm trying to legitimize this ship as much as I can.
Speaker 4: It's day two.
Speaker 11: I don't need to give him no other reason to talk. And if that and if they know that I'm legitimizing basket, I got even more rumor ship I got to deal with.
Speaker 4: I ain't got time for all.
Speaker 6: That I gotta I got, I got boy Cooler said, what that got to do with Meato, like all of this ship in the name of you, and I need this one bit.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't even have these problems, she wouldn't even be in the position to have these problems if not sacrifice so much for her punk ass and this it's my faith.
Speaker 7: What you can I just say, he cuts the ass out. He should, he cuts the smooth out. I love every minute of it.
Speaker 3: And you know he's still.
Speaker 7: Is like your point, everybody knows because Carlers was just saying what everybody was saying outside, and which.
Speaker 11: Is exactly why they ain't getting the name, because everybody, my king is.
Speaker 1: Bastard kids.
Speaker 7: And you have these bastard kids Rodney's goddamn dragons, and you have the nerve to sit here and tell me what you're telling me, Get the fuck.
Speaker 1: Out of here. Like as the queen.
Speaker 7: Changing the name of them kids would have been right up her out because the ship was gonna happen fucking anyway, because her kids were fucking common and pork.
Speaker 1: Coral is bro This is like Carlos. He was going to work early. He was thinking all that ship.
Speaker 3: He can't believe Ken turned. He turned his back on his kids for.
Speaker 4: He didn't give up everything for her.
Speaker 3: He gave up his his wife life balance was trash name because of her.
Speaker 4: It's not because of her, It's because of who his wife was us. And that is his decision to make.
Speaker 3: What was he gonna do?
Speaker 4: Gonna work with the Greens. He wants gonna do that ship either.
Speaker 3: He's going to now. Guaranteed that motherfucker is going to now. And I don't blame him. He gonna take his bastards and go over to the Greens.
Speaker 1: He's gonna try to find the other kid and do conversion therapy first.
Speaker 4: I mean, at the end of the day he is still out there somewhere but.
Speaker 2: That but nobody knows, right because we're girl, I thought, yeah, yeah, exactly, she gonna go find him.
Speaker 1: Ship here.
Speaker 11: That might be real talk, That might be the better play to be like, I'm not going to legitimize them bastards, but I will tell your actual air is still out there.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna do nobody. Man, he don't want He don't want nothing to do with any of this. So even if Corl.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be he just want his boy friends, that's all.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna let him come in there with his boyfriends and.
Speaker 4: Being that happened, well then you're gonna have to eat that.
Speaker 3: If y'all don't stop at these windows.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, so, no kid, I'm moving on baby kids was I was like, was crazy?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was gonna let kids go nigga till they jumped on the band wag.
Speaker 2: I was unintentional, like I've changed, I want to want to kill.
Speaker 3: Don't deal that he is living this life somewhere. He don't want no kind of war. He over there with his man, He's like all this war ship not today, not go to name. He said, I'm too pretty for war. Well I don't know what we're there is when it comes to war and all that.
Speaker 2: Because we then see her meet up with Alison to talk about Darren turn Are. She tells him like all right, I'm gonna be a good be a good homie. I ain't gonna kill him. I'm just gonna set him to the wall, you know what I'm saying, or live his life on the walls. Said you said you are a very hard worker because you're working uh two jobs with your bail bondsman on Ranera today. You got that service going on. I need to ask you this question. What did you think about Rener when she found out she got the wrong kid?
Speaker 1: Look as hard as she won't them motherfuckers good change?
Speaker 4: What kind of diest?
Speaker 3: But how does she she talk to the nigga earlier that day?
Speaker 1: She talked, right, he didn't.
Speaker 3: But you couldn't see the die then I guess not.
Speaker 4: I mean it was a good job. They fooled me. I ain't know what the nigga looked like beforehand, so I didn't. I mean sure.
Speaker 11: But my question was because when she was standing over him, are they trying to insinuate that this nigga is a three?
Speaker 4: I raiven with them little bird cardinals that he was making.
Speaker 1: Who talking about boy?
Speaker 11: When she was standing over his bed, and she looked at the little statue that he made, which was like a bird.
Speaker 3: Oh nah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was because he was a he's a fan of dip set.
Speaker 4: He was just.
Speaker 2: Making a little bird now. I just thought that he was trying to I thought he was just like pictures, like a bird flying away. He wanted to get rid of, like get out of his situation.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I felt like it was a it was a reach to the three eye raven.
Speaker 11: But I could be reached. I could be reaching on that. But yeah, no, the face face acting in this scene was amazing. We're near a shot?
Speaker 1: Was my like?
Speaker 4: I feel like I looked like Nier looked in this scene. They've been hand, They've been had. Damon dumbas. Damon didn't do anything right this episode. You at your nephew.
Speaker 3: I just feel like nobody.
Speaker 6: So I could get how they got food, but getting in the actual activity, you can't get hot.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can't get how you got food.
Speaker 11: It's your arrogance because you came in there with them three dragons and the nigga just been to knee and you thought you was that dude, and you didn't even take a minute to look at this, to scope the scene to see why are you so easily to bend the need to me right now.
Speaker 4: He should have he should have been a little bit more.
Speaker 11: Intue of what was going on, because that dude, that that dude don't look like he really play around too tough, and he got.
Speaker 4: A whole like he had a whole army of.
Speaker 3: He did he did.
Speaker 4: Easy.
Speaker 3: We said that earlier, and I do agree with you there, but I still feel like.
Speaker 6: He was again going to the point of the Blacks when they and them, they just really got smart people on their team. So I feel like this was par for the course and them getting out smarted with that little boy, because ain't nobody over there really on the thought shit except for the little white snake lady, and she on humanitarian ship, so who wants to hear what she got to say at this point when they in the trenches of the war. So now like that, oh yeah, the white snake. But yeah, I feel like they just got out smart and right for you.
Speaker 3: You didn't get.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you know, I was thinking about like the conversation Alison and her had, and you know, as the scene the episode was closing out, like.
Speaker 1: Almost like she was thinking about it too. You can't be the same person, you don't know what Ormond Ormond is up to, but either way it go.
Speaker 7: He got the best of you. And in order for you to make this shit work, you have to think ahead. And you got played because you think that all this shit is just gonna be easy. So you have to become a different person. You can't be the same person. And Allison told you as that. So yeah, you're sitting there looking all stupid and shit lifting his wig up and all the other shit. But what's done is done. And now you can't even now you you they got this whole ass city of your people. You can't even go over there and cook them to get the ship back. And he got and he got a young dragon.
Speaker 3: So ry you was you were smarter than everybody because you said you've seen this from the jump.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't say I seen it from the jump. I thought I thought they showed the Little Boy before. That's what I was saying earlier, talking about you asking me earlier, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I did. I didn't know that that they were doing like a little switching route.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't know to like everybody, I thought you because because I remember the little wasn't it the season they or Lou the little boy got exchanged.
Speaker 3: This season, right, that wasn't the season the end of the season two. That was a while ago. He was a kid when I got exchanged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I thought that happened like within the like these first couple of episodes. It was a quick scene.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, that was like I didn't like when when all the kids went to other kings, like because even Whenia's youngest kids left with the one who ended up the sheep stealer, it was like around that.
Speaker 2: Time, right, yep, got you, Okay, That's what I was. I was just trying to get that. I don't know if it was this season, I know what happened, but I felt like he had darker hair or something like that then. But the fact that they didn't recognize him was just shocking to me. So I thought, I thought you figured it out earlier. Change.
Speaker 5: No, I was just I guess the part that struck me was was likely tried to play me, like like the way she was looking when when she was saying you saw she was like.
Speaker 1: So like that he got it though, too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike, what do you think about like what Orman is up to based off of this? Now, clearly he's made a like like I get it. It sounds funny now and then like it's a clever play, but like how the long term, it's like you gonna end up dying for this ship. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what his his game plan is. Again, maybe I'm dumb.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's doing. Like when she said, what's he at? Like he can't win? I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking. The only way he's gonna win is because everybody's gonna turn on Ranera because she's fucking up. But he doesn't know that. He doesn't know she's sucking up. So I don't know what his game plan is.
Speaker 2: Does he just does he know that she's just not going to go into that city and you know, burn it up because she can't do that.
Speaker 6: And I think that was part of his strategy and taking it. I think that there was the little boy was a decoy because he figured it. They figured out it at some point. And then you take the city and you know she don't want to go burn down those people, so now you have this upper hand. But I think he's approaching it and I haven't seen anything, but I think that he's approaching like, I'm smarter than they are. I'm smarter than this kid who thinks she's supposed to be on the throne, and Damon, who's this brute and just going out and killing people right in his rag. I think that he thinks that he's smarter than them, and he gonna play all the cards to be smarter him until you lose, Because why not?
Speaker 11: Is this the cousin who Allison sent the letter to that we think knew that it wasn't from Okay, yep, okay, So yeah, I'm thinking it's just I'm assuming it's like a bargaining tool, like he's trying to just make sure he has something in his back pocket for whatever upper head.
Speaker 4: I just don't I don't get what plan he's trying to trying to devise.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily get the.
Speaker 7: Well, the biggest issue that that Raneera has is that all of them damn kids are still alive, all of what kids an, all the mons, and none of.
Speaker 1: Them are dead.
Speaker 4: And she already got two dead sons.
Speaker 2: Well yep, yeah, that's this is why I love this episode because it was just like to your point, kid, like you can kind of get lost in knowing that, Like, after all the people that we just seen died of these first three episodes.
Speaker 3: It was none of the biggest that needed to die.
Speaker 7: That It goes back to what the priest was asking her. And we ain't seen the body. You ain't even brought us dust. We've only seen your kids bodies. We ain't seen nothing, only dead bodies coming through. Here is your children.
Speaker 1: You Oh my goddamn hand right out of here.
Speaker 2: Goddamn Kidceptum is like, that's why he holding strong that Nigga is like.
Speaker 3: What you're talking about. I just did the ceremony two weeks ago. I ain't do that again. Crazy ass family. I can't even figure out who's supposed to be on the thing.
Speaker 2: Ain't doing this right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 3: Any of the thoughts on this episode, I.
Speaker 7: Was good man, you know, three for three, I mean at different levels, but three for three. Let's see what they see how they close out.
Speaker 4: I like the.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, go ahead, Rod.
Speaker 5: I like the progression of their ran right. Like how she started off kind of startled, didn't know what to do. It seemed like when she got closer to the end, she had kind of gained her started gaining her foot into me.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it wasn't as sporadic as it was earlier.
Speaker 3: She just mad. Yeah, I will say I'm.
Speaker 11: Glad that this was episode three and our episode one. Yeah, so they it definitely slowed down like I thought it was going to. But all in all, I felt I felt like it was a good.
Speaker 4: It was a good. It made me feel like you were in Raniera's world, and that's that that was that was really good. Mike said it. It wasn't exciting, it was impactful. I thought that was a good description.
Speaker 3: How many episodes is this season?
Speaker 11: Eight?
Speaker 2: So yeah, half next.
Speaker 3: Week and halfway year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Where those are our thoughts on this episode the Hassle of the Dragon. Please let us know what you guys think. FPS podcast is already thread. That's also our handle for ig and Twitter, and we'll catch on the next episode we out Peace, Peace,