Speaker 1: Let's start with Michigan.
Speaker 2: It's now a battleground for the soul of the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: Tony does socialism went out today?
Speaker 3: Now? The answer to that question is a little more involved than what you can do on a TV hit.
Speaker 1: But I was on Newsmax earlier today.
Speaker 3: They pitted me against Dennis Kassinich, who I admit to you I didn't know was still alive. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, so good to be with you. Find everything I do at Tony Katz dot com. You remember the name Dennis Kasinich was at one time in the nineteen seventies, he was the mayor of Cleveland, and then he was a longtime congressman until he was defeated I think in twenty twelve by Marcy Captor, who is still the member of Congress. Marcy Captor was the one who, like two days ago, was involved in a hit and run. All right, she's a Democrat, represents that area of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Someone who hit her car as she was going to church.
Speaker 3: She had person driving her hit the car, She got really injured and then ran off. Crazy, crazy story. I'm glad she's okay. I mean, we may disagree politically, but tell I don't want her getting hurt in.
Speaker 1: A car accident.
Speaker 3: Someone reminded me that it was four years ago that Congresswoman Jackie Wilarski was killed in a car accident.
Speaker 1: She was in Indiana.
Speaker 3: She was lovely Jackie Wilriski was lovely Republican, really really nice, very nice to me. But she was in the car where somebody else was driving, and two other staffers and whether.
Speaker 1: Her car, I think it was the car she was in.
Speaker 3: Went over the lines and the other car came head on and everybody was killed. Awful, awful story. So it's Dennis Caercentach. I swear to you. I didn't know Dennis Coccentach was still alive. Dennis Cascinach has claimed to fame was that Dennis Caercentach was a radicalized progressive before it was cool. Dennis Cascinach was doing this before Bernie Sanders. Dennis Kasinich has been on this for a tick. Oh, he is wrong about everything, but he comes from an older.
Speaker 1: School of thought where you can actually talk.
Speaker 3: And I knew this imediate like I did not know I was on with Dennis until like ten minutes before I was on because I knew that the topic, but I didn't know the person, and I was like, oh my gosh, the original Kamie og Like that's who he is. But it's a different, different, different mentality. Where I'm I'm vehemently opposed to the politics, I don't have to be vehemently opposed to the human beings. It's like, Okay, this is very, very interesting. So we're talking about the Michigan race. Of course, we've got that primary Abduel Lsayed against Haley Stevens. Haley Stevens is the representative. Abdulah l Sayed is the communist who claims to not believe in monopolies but absolutely wants force universal healthcare right medicare for all, but doesn't believe in monopolies, which is so so adorable, so adorable. Oh and speaking in mosques where people are violent against Jews and call Jews parasites in the whole thing, Yeah, not my guy. And I'd asked some people I know in the area, you know, Michigan itself, where do they think things are going? And if you're basing things on your Facebook feed, your Facebook feed isn't going to give you a good story and so I was listening, I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, But out of that is going to tell me do I think the polling is right? Do I think the polling that had been lately trending for LSIED is accurate. Some of those poles, like five or six of them had him up double digits plus thirteen and plus sixteen. I don't buy that. Do I believe he could win? Yes, I do believe he could win. But I was asked, let's start. So this is from my appearance, it was Logan Radick asking the question, what do I think is coming right here? Well, even if it's Haley Stevens, you can argue that for the Democrats, for where they're going, who they're supporting, who their leadership is, who the leadership listens to, who their social media influences are, that it is winning the day. Whether we talk about on college campuses or we talk about anywhere else, they're still going to be a force and a problematic one for America's future.
Speaker 1: Even if Haley Stevens pulls this out.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't think that Haley Stevens has anything in her that shows her to be a conservative, but the election of Abdul lsayed for the political left, for those who support the DSA and their communist desires, this is just more fuel, more saying look how right we are, lookout around the right track we are, and more for the Democrats, people like Hakeem Jeffries to realize that you have lost all control and all ability to have control of your party if they should take back the House, which is still something in great question, never mind what we might see in the Senate as we see the Senate primary today. Now, my Hakeem Jeffrey's point is taken. Although I should have talked about the Senate first before the House. But I want to dig in a little bit because that's correct that win or lose, these communes ain't going no place. Do we all understand that you could put all eyes to the Senate primary, and certainly right now it is all eyes on the Senate primary, and they can decide that this is a referendum on whether or not the communists have taken over the Democratic Party or not. But we know better, we do. We're observing to people, We're not going to buy into that play into that. We know better, and what we know is that they have already done the takeover and the fact that some election may not go their way is not going to deter them, not in the slightest.
Speaker 1: They are who they are, and they are at where they are at.
Speaker 3: And the people in power have koutout and given in to them.
Speaker 1: And this is it.
Speaker 3: This is what Representative Alexandria A. Cassia Cortes and Iana Presley, Mahida Sealib and ilhan Omar and the squad and Bernie Sanders and Chris van Holland, this is what they have wanted.
Speaker 4: And it is here, and it's not going to go away quietly. Why would anybody think that? The question now goes to Dennis Cassinich.
Speaker 5: Now, obviously the idea of lsa Ed winning is scary, but Congressmen couldn't.
Speaker 1: Elsayed victory perhaps be.
Speaker 5: Good for Republicans in Michigan in the way that such an extreme candidate would turn voters away from the Democrats and maybe towards Republicans Mike Rodgers, for example, or kuld say Ed's victory backfire.
Speaker 6: Well, remember you've heard it here. First, l Siege is going to be the next Senator from the state of Michigan, and I'm going to explain why. First of all, he's going to win the primary because of the very powerful backlash among Democrats of corporations and political action committees like APEX attempting to control the Democrat across this as number one. Secondly, he'll win in November because the economy is going to be in the shambles because of the unwise decisions that the Trump administration has made with respect to foreign policy that is increasing inflation, driving up the cost of energy, and putting America in a very difficult position worldwide with respect to our national security. He will be the next senator. Just remember that I said that you can play this back to day after the election.
Speaker 3: Now, I was shaking my head. I was shaking my head. I wanted to jump in on this hard didn't. I didn't. I didn't I jump and said, who whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. First of all, this APAC talk is ridiculous. You sound silly. And then I could have gone to a bunch of other things, But I did not jump in. The hosts came back in and they were asking their questions and the cop and but I wanted to make sure that at least did respond to some of it. I didn't respond to the apax part, but I did respond to the economy part, because if you think the economy is in shambles, you're wrong. As we discussed yesterday with doctor Matt Will, economist at the University of Indianapolis, No no, no, no no no. Even the GDP one point five percent doesn't make any sense. It's way better and stronger than that. Thus the question gets it comes to me, and I gets asked.
Speaker 2: Like this twenty eighteen, where l said was promising driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: He made the comments.
Speaker 2: While he was running for governor in that primary against Gretchen Whitmer, arguing illegal immigrants are quote stuck without licenses.
Speaker 1: Here's exactly what he said.
Speaker 7: We've also got to make sure that in this state we are not discriminating by documentation status. Right now, if you're undocumented, you don't get access to a driver's license, so you're stuck. You don't get access to a lot of the basic things the state offers everybody else. And I think that's ridiculous, and so we've got to stop discrimination to discriminating that way.
Speaker 2: Election experts say the proposal would effectively legitimize illegal presence in the US, as driver's licenses would serve as national ID cards, opening doors to bank accounts, employment eligibility, and apartment rentals.
Speaker 3: Tony, your thoughts. So two things here. The first, I address what Cacinich said earlier.
Speaker 1: Then I talk about.
Speaker 3: This ridiculous concept that the only issue with an illegal immigrant is documentation.
Speaker 1: It's that they don't have papers. Well, a couple of things.
Speaker 3: First of all, the idea a congressman that the economy is in shambles. I'm not a guy who's a fan of tariffs. I'm a guy who can see higher prices at a grocery store. But if you take a look at the one point five percent GDP, you have to figure in the fact that government is doing much less spending.
Speaker 1: If government spending has figured into.
Speaker 3: Growth a domestic product, right, and how our country is doing, that's a serious issue that Keynesian methodology is totally flawed and shouldn't be considered.
Speaker 1: I don't understand at all why.
Speaker 3: Anybody would think that documentation is the issue when the issue is whether or not you entered the country illegally. What else Ayida is saying there is that nobody is illegal. All you need is a piece of paper and everything's fine. There is no conversation about how you entered in America. Had this conversation. We put it to the test. We went to the ballot box and we voted for President Trump to ensure that people were in the country legally, that we were removing the people in the country illegally. This is the smart, proper, rational course. And what else said is arguing here is that we should have open borders, should have no borders, and that has been roundly rejected by Americans, and I hope that continues even in Michigan. I don't think I missed something there. I think I hit that well. Now, Dennis Casinich, as I said, was lovely. He's wrong, but lovely. And this led into a bit of a back and forth as he was asked the next question.
Speaker 5: Well, as we know, the battle isn't just over candidates, it's also over their leading voices in the media, those voices that are actually influencing this new wave of voters. One of the most controversial, as we know, Hassan Piker. Here's just a little bit of what he's recently said.
Speaker 1: Isn't that how he lost his fuckings, I because he got us looking. I hope America deserved nine to eleven. Dude, I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I mean, just listening to him talk, it's absolute insanity. I'm not sure how he has such powerful influence over people, but that says a lot about this new wave of voters. James Carvill, on that note, has threatened to leave the Democratic Party if in fact, hasan Piker becomes a force, saying quote, We're not going to be in the same party. One of us is going to leave. So Congressman, who's going to be the one leaving?
Speaker 1: Well, first of.
Speaker 6: All, there are many different voices of people who want to identify with both political parties. I don't really know mister Piker. I've never met him, but I will say that I don't agree that America deserved nine to eleven. I'm hopeful that we're looking at an election where we can actually focus on issues and not the personalities. The issues ought to be America getting out of these foreign wars, and right now we're looking at at a military budget, a Pentagon budge to one point five trillion dollars, like eight percent of domestic spending, discretionary spending going for that. We can't sustain that. America has to start taking care of things here at home instead of running around the world looking for dragons to slay. I hope that that's what this election becomes about. Because it's about personalities, it just ends up. It just ends up being a mess.
Speaker 1: Now you saw what he just did there, right.
Speaker 3: The question was about Hassan Piker, who is the Democrats mouthpiece right now, he's the COMMI mouthpiece. And what the congressman, the former congressman, did hear is say I'm not going to address that now. Were plenty of voices. Here's the real issue. I did not let that go by.
Speaker 1: That's a democratic right now.
Speaker 8: An That's just an interesting deflection because the question was about Hassan Piker, who Democrats are rallying around, who they are connecting with, who they want to be seen with, who they are campaigning with.
Speaker 1: And we can't deflect too. We shouldn't be involved in a war.
Speaker 3: Iran, by the way, has been in a war with us for forty seven years, and they must be dealt with one way or another. But we can't deflect, and you, sir, cannot deflect from where Democrats are. They are with this, communist with this is Lomist, with us on Piker, and a whole bunch of others in a lot of these radical ideas, and I can't really be denied or deflected away, Tony.
Speaker 6: I'd love to have a longer discussion with you. We literally let me tell you something. The Democratic Party isn't full of comedies. They're not full of socialists. They're capitalists, except that we've got an inversion here where in America. We have socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not true. Although we can talk about subsidies all you want. I really appreciate News Max letting me go and engage this way eleven minutes on cable news.
Speaker 1: Rare stuff. I'll have it posted on the YouTube channel. Check it out for yourself.
Speaker 3: Just look for Tony Katz and at Tony kats dot com. This is Tony Katz today.