Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. I'm your host today, Doc and with me I have Ken, Spike and Mike.
Speaker 3: How y'all all doing y'all good?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: All right? Man?
Speaker 2: You know I'm doing very well because you know, Marvel has just been feeding me lately. You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm a very happy man over, you know what I'm saying. And Ken, we got a Cape Crusader that came out this week too.
Speaker 1: I saw that, you know, yeah, number two.
Speaker 3: Try to put his head out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but watch that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you neither one? I know you ain't watched it.
Speaker 2: Have you watched the Batman animated series, like the old one, not like the new one they put out like two years ago now, Season twos out. Just a quick watch ten episodes, twenty minutes apiece.
Speaker 3: It's worth it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think so. I still got to catch up with my ventures of Superman.
Speaker 3: You with the original the animated sage, right, I mean I didn't watch it like religiously.
Speaker 2: I've seen episodes here and there. Yeah, it's with a darker with the same elements.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to watch Batman unless he's actually hurting people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's not dark dark, but it's dark enough for you to be there. Okay, I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, back to Marvel, Ken, how are feeling about episode set? Oh, we're here to review X Men ninety seven, Season two, episode seven, But y'all knew because y'all clicked on it.
Speaker 3: But Ken, how did you feel love it this episode?
Speaker 1: I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 4: I remember the Acolytes, so when I saw it, I was like, oh, yeah, I remember them, so I liked it.
Speaker 1: I liked the story they told, so yeah, yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it was cool. I didn't really know.
Speaker 5: I don't know the acolytes or the people that they add and then that are not the X Men.
Speaker 3: So I'm just here for the right.
Speaker 5: I think I understand what's going on, but you know, it ain't jumping out to me.
Speaker 2: You might, uh, least favorite of the season so far. It was fine. I didn't love it, but it was next Men episode, so I was like, all right, cool whatever. Well, y'all y'all basically answered some of the questions I have for that.
Speaker 3: But it's all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, we tied on time anyway. Uh uh, so I thought it was good. I don't think it's my least favorite. I'm trying to decide. I mean, it's at the bottom, but it's probably not my least favorite. But yeah, overall, is still a good time because I in a way, I fuck with Colosses, but don't fuck with Colosses.
Speaker 3: So that's why it's not like I gotta love hate relationship.
Speaker 2: He ain't sound rushing to me. That was my biggest issue that like Ethiopian or something. I don't know who they rush, right, I guess they're afraid to put Russian accents in American ship.
Speaker 3: At this point, I was like, who is this? That was? Who is this African colossus?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Episode seven opens up with the events of Genosha, but from the perspective of Colosses and his sister.
Speaker 3: How you how you said, hayana ileana Iliana? All right?
Speaker 2: But I know as magic, I just call the magic, you know what I'm saying. So, Mike, did this opening of the episode bother you? Because we are back in Genosha and we've been hitting at gambit all season, but this is that's not where we started. I'm already sick of the Gambit ship. But it didn't. It started off fine. I was more so just like you took her out two seconds after showing her. This would have hit a lot harder if we had at least had some kind of relations ship with her on the show prior. And I don't remember them ever even showing her. They showed her last season, but Madeline Pryor was as her.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no morph changing her, Yeah, morph changing her when he was fighting. But if we had actually seen her and you know, knew her a little bit and then oh ship, damn, that sucks that she died. But them opening up like this, I was like, okay, well they killed off magic. Only thing it makes me think of as that New Mutants movie m the one I loved.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was going did you?
Speaker 1: I think you?
Speaker 2: And I oh, I thought you. I thought you're showing it too. I thought it was gonna be trashing. Plus I'm gonna hold for horror, so like, it's not scared, you should watch it. I think it's actually really you should watch it too. It's called New Mutants, but it's not like an action movie. It's not really even comic book movie. It's just like a dark almost horror drama.
Speaker 3: It's good. I think it's good at any rate.
Speaker 2: It started off, Yeah, Spike, did it was his death impact for at all?
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 3: Did you feel anything happen?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 5: Because I don't know who magic is? I thought was interesting them showing the viewpoint of what's my what's my guy name? Colossus showing a viewpoint of classus. I thought that that was pretty dope. And yeah, her magic stuff didn't mean nothing to me because I don't know who that is?
Speaker 3: Who did? Right?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 3: Are you a fan of these to? Uh?
Speaker 1: I like Colossus.
Speaker 4: I liked when uh they used to put classes through hell Bro because he's such a good guy and you know, just yeah, anything bad that could happen what happened to him? And uh, but I'm definitely on a on a in agreement with with Mike in regards to showing Iliana more so people will understand the impact that they had on him because they we don't a lot of people don't really know Peter like that either or Colossus.
Speaker 1: So but.
Speaker 4: I knew that they had to accelerate it because they only have thirty minutes, so they had to push through it. And just like Peter's the focus. This is why he went bad. But it was quick. It was like because I'm like, I don't even know if I remember her on the on the the on the album.
Speaker 3: Seeing Colossus either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was that was weird. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: But in terms of his motivation for going to the dark side, it worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know that when he walked up, he said, sister, what's going on? For all the people that have no idea who the fuck she is? Like he had to call her sister, Like that's what I'm saying, Like you could have established this episodes ago or a whole season ago to make this more impactful. It's not a big it's not a big ripe. It's it's fine. I mean, it didn't hit for me. It was just like all right, I'm like or it didn't. It was just like all right, cool, like Colossus is here now, like we're gonna have some an episode of Colosses. That's all I already felt. I didn't feel anything as far as like, oh man, I'm mad he lost his sister. That was just like all right, cool, and it's like I know magic, but I'm not like a die hard fan of magic either, so it didn't really bother me at all that she was taking off the board as quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was even like, why she just stand there like that?
Speaker 2: But I forgot she can absorb powers, so she might have thought she could absorb that ship and was like, oh ship, My bad.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: This ain't gonna go Well, she's probably not even Yeah, that's the other part that I was thinking about as the episode went on.
Speaker 3: Why they showed her body. I mean, I don't think they need to bring her up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because because she goes to Limbo in Commons, but her body goes to Limbo. It's like a basically yeah, it's it's coming bookshit, she just go like a another convention of some ship, you know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was kind of a big part in this art that they had where they she basically turns the evil gotcha?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just about every X Man turns evil. That's all you need to know. Just about all of them turning together all I hate they get it. You know, black Man gets mad one day?
Speaker 1: Oh alright.
Speaker 2: But the episode then moves to Creed announcing that he is going to have his campaign for the President of the United States with many anti mutant supporters in the crowd. So we hear things like humans, we're here first using tax dollars, tax dollars to protect them and not you do. Just the sound familiar to anybody.
Speaker 1: Familiar, bro, Yeah, way too familiar.
Speaker 5: So what is the Magneto is right church for him or against him? Waiting the people the people wearing the Magneto was right shirts in the crowd.
Speaker 2: There, I'm pretty sure they still against him. They probably just think he's right as far as like they don't need to mix together.
Speaker 3: I didn't what you about to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought these were people that just I didn't think about it from that angle. I thought they were people that were just like, yeah, mutants should be separate.
Speaker 3: But I thought they were like pro mutant.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of I didn't think of them as being anti mutant. Magneto was right, y'all should be separate. I didn't think about it from that aspect. I thought they were against it. I thought they were pretty much like with Cree, agreeing with him, because that seems weird to where Magneto was right shirt, but we hate mutants. When Magneto didn't funk with humans at all, and just wanted to live separately.
Speaker 3: That's weird, but separate but interesting. All right, But what did you think of the this but you you fuck with the speech.
Speaker 2: Don't damn? I almost got him, almost got it. He was like, wait, did I.
Speaker 3: Should I say this? This is your conscience?
Speaker 2: You shouldn't say this loud.
Speaker 3: I saw it they were doing in the cartoon. Yeah, I get. I get what they're trying to build up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: And so Ken you talked about the acolytes.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with them as much as basically not at all.
Speaker 3: Really, how are they in the comics? Like? Were they more like villains and more anti heroes?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah they were. They were villains. They joined Magnino's cause. But yeah, they were definitely villains. Like the one that has the whips that we see later on. He messed somebody up, probably push that whip and I think it, Uh, I think it left a bruise on the neck or something like that. Yeah, but yeah, no, they were there were there were There were villains, but they were using meneto too in the comics.
Speaker 1: But they were definitely for his cause.
Speaker 3: Mike, in a way, were you disappointed to see Colosses with the group. No, no, mean, of course.
Speaker 2: I mean they're gonna show some Russian dude changing size and being anti American.
Speaker 3: Makes sense.
Speaker 2: But he's he's sensitive, so his little sister dying, of course that's gonna make.
Speaker 3: Him turn to a bad guy. I was just tripping off Nightcrawler, Peter. It's like, you know he's a bad guy, Bro, what are you doing acting like a crawler? He's a bitch.
Speaker 4: It made sense. First of all, they just crashed from this point. Well we ain't got that yet, but it made sense for him to be happy to see him because he used to be I would assume he used to be part of the team before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he didn't. He was like, oh man, I ain't seen you in a minute, bro, what you've been up to you?
Speaker 3: He's a bad guy. You know he's a bad guy.
Speaker 2: It's crazy like when reading needs as a kid, you really like root for them and how good they are as like heroes, and when you get older you realize, like how we talk about Professor X, like you really a home like you get and.
Speaker 3: You'd be like you put up with Bush like you was a home.
Speaker 2: You had to answer from your face the whole time and you just sat in that fucking chair chilling Polas. So they end up capturing Creed and they then broadcast their statement that they're going to hold him hostage, and the demands are that all the mutants that are captured by X factor must be released or Creed dies.
Speaker 3: Spike was the right approach to take. All the mutants must be released or Creed dies. Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 5: They felt like creed voice was the powerful right he was gonna be able to cause him much destruction.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was fine.
Speaker 5: I like the spart of the story and how they was building him up as a villain.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was a good approach to take.
Speaker 4: But he's not even president, Like he's running for president. So if I'm the government, I was like, I can kill him. You know, you know it don't matter to us because you're.
Speaker 1: Not even got in the church.
Speaker 2: You think that's how a good works, Like if a black person kidnaps, even somebody for black, they get them.
Speaker 3: Okay, exactly. So I don't know why you thought this would be anything.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: You thinks you think he's gonna get elected?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, but I think I'm missing what y'all were saying, I don't think it was a good tactic. It seemed like a really stupid tactic. No, I'm not saying we're not well, we weren't talking about that. If we're talking about the government chasing down Creed, like X factor on behalf of the government going to get Creed, he's saying that the government should have just been like Creed.
Speaker 3: Keep that, nigga. He's not president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying, if you really think about the US government, the X men are basically the minority.
Speaker 3: If a black militia group took a candidate.
Speaker 2: Well if yeah, the US government would use that as an excuse to go in and evading attack. But they can't do that here because they can't fuck with these mutants. They don't have the they don't have the firepower to fuck.
Speaker 3: With these mutants.
Speaker 2: So they're probably afraid. But that's why I use an X factor. But even X Factor ain't going in there.
Speaker 3: They wanted to, That's what I thought she wanted to. She didn't know what they were.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that she couldn't find him, but Professor X did. Yeah, I don't believe that they didn't want to go in there. Who gonna do something Havoc shit about the only one though strong guy ain't doing shiit. Havoc ain't doing ship. I don't think I'm saying, buddy with the wing's name Exodus, he'd have took havoc gas out Exitus.
Speaker 3: He'd have took Havoc gas out. Why you say it was a bad tactic because they can't fuck with him.
Speaker 2: They can't funk with him, And it's like, why would they bother wasting resources on this fucking dude? If anything this benefits them, If the mutants killed this guy, then they can be like, see, we told you they were bad.
Speaker 3: So it just seemed like a stupid tactic.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you don't free all of these dangerous mutants, we're gonna kill this dude who's not even president.
Speaker 3: It's like if they kidnapped fucking Rick Scott. We kidnapped Rick Scott.
Speaker 2: And if you don't let go of all of these militia leaders, we're gonna kill Rick Scott. You think the government's gonna do ship, They're gonna be like, man, Rick Scott, bitch, kill Rick Scott, but please do so.
Speaker 3: Then we have an excuse to go on there.
Speaker 1: And murder y'all, and we don't negotiate with terrorists. That's the other thing. They always say, it's it, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, well yeah, you know they do always negotiate every time y'all negotiate with anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed like a bad but yeah, do I think he can get elected?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, do I think you know, a bigoted, violent criminal can get elected to president?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, let's think about that.
Speaker 2: Well, the lead of X Factor, like you mentioned, basically talking to Professor x about her intentions of sending the team, but Xavier already reveals that they know where they at and they sent them. So Beast Rogue, Nightcrawler, Bishop enrolled. They head to the Savage Land and while they're on their waven oh.
Speaker 3: And plais.
Speaker 2: He said, I know, I said, yeah, And Mike we talked about the.
Speaker 3: The Bishop and Polaris.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last episode. So then the band that just reinforced what you already thinking it was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: They was talking about him needing the nut the whole fucking episode. They're like, they this was weird, this was real weird. I'm pent up, man, I got blue balls, Like I'm pined on me before you know what I'm saying, like, what are we doing? Oh you think you think? You think both the Mayo that you know what, You're right?
Speaker 3: You know what The Mayo wrote this nasty motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about bow nasty ass bod ho this motherfucking nasty. I was really I was really bothered this episode. I was like, come on, man, this is a bit much.
Speaker 3: I didn't catch it. Are you serious?
Speaker 2: I wasn't looking at it. I wasn't listening to it like that. I just like, damn Bishop Bishop had.
Speaker 3: And they didn't even they didn't even resolve. But you know it was just a sex joke. What do you mean he didn't resolve.
Speaker 2: They never like this could have been a major part of this episode. It was mentioned and not again.
Speaker 3: What you mean it wasn't tem wasn't.
Speaker 2: Resolved like I think, like once they got to find all of the the acolytes and all that, Bishop didn't bring this sh it up again.
Speaker 3: He wasn't like, yo, we got to hurry up, Ma'm gonna blow up. His powers came out. That's why when he fell off the dinosaur, he was like, it was like an explosion. Oh, you're right.
Speaker 2: His powers were back by then, how does powers come back? Because they turned off the Oh yeah, they rolled over on the little But even then he didn't really bring up. He's like, man, we gotta hurry up. I'm about to blow up. At that point, he doesn't said it all. No, it seemed like it seemed like a weird thing to throw in there.
Speaker 3: To me, I mean, hearing y'all say it now, I'm like, okay, yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 2: But they were just flirting five minutes for that. She's like, I read yo file. He's like, bitch, ill read Jose too.
Speaker 3: She laid it on top of him. He fell off the ship. Ain't nobody went after him. Was like, that's what I'll go ask you, Spike. You thought that was dope the way she went at him. Yeah, I like the way she said, I guess it, and I was the jokes. I agree with Mike.
Speaker 5: I was like, why this doesn't seem like they're being really like covert with it, Like it was really like out on Front Street.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you missed it. I just thought they were flirting, like he was flirting, flirt letting her know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now it was dope. How she did it, but you know, I don't know. I mean, I guess. I was like, you know that parashe is gonna be right there. So then I'm like, it's it's like the laws of physics or whatever, like when it explode, it's always gonna be on that right path, or when it goes out it can go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Who fucking knows. And she didn't even think that much. She said, Look, I've had black Dick before, but not in the future. I'm trying to see what futuristic black Dick is, Like, does it get bigger than and he got all this energy, So if I'm fucking going at him, does the energy just fucking come in him and then come out of him? She trying to find out all the ship. She's like, I'm not about to ruin this because what else do I got? Fucking Nightcrawler not fucking him, Yeah, Gambit dead.
Speaker 3: Who else is left?
Speaker 2: She can't fuck Wolverine, she ain't fucking beast. She's like, I'm trying to see what I'm trying to see what that is.
Speaker 1: That's kind of messed up. The rest of that.
Speaker 3: Man was like, yeah, he gonna don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: He just did Yeah, you gotta land, you gotta land the plane and nigga he was kind of annoying anyway, Bishop, No, that's what they were thinking, always always being aggressive. We didn't even talk about his corny ass line from last so where he said that about the streets or my teacher they need to stop or this yeah, that one that, Yeah, it was corny. I felt some way about it.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I felt you in my head. I was like, are you overreacting? And then that's why I really brought it up. But I did feel some way about it, like.
Speaker 3: I just forgot about when we were reviewing, but that didn't.
Speaker 2: But then again, it's like it's hard because Bishop was actually running the streets that don't need you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Like I can't. I give it your point. That's why I was like, you know what I'm saying, one of them lives, like I get it, but Micro, I don't know, man, buddy comes back there because you know who wrote it.
Speaker 5: You know, he's like not a street, He's not a street, and it just seemed but I don't even know if he wrote that line.
Speaker 3: I think some white person. That's why that's why I think it bothers. You Yeah, you think some white dude wrote it.
Speaker 2: They already put an M on his face from Mandingo and now you're over here, all.
Speaker 3: Right, man's a kid. Do you remember the Savage Land from like the original series?
Speaker 1: You remember them anything? The Savage Land Park.
Speaker 2: The remaining X Men are rescued from the wreckage by Colossus and some other acolytes.
Speaker 3: They show the X Men what they.
Speaker 2: Have built in the memorial they have given to the fallen from Genosha. Spike was Beast wrong for telling Colosses this isn't what your sister would want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was trying to be like the smartest person in the room.
Speaker 5: I feel like Colossus needed to sit in it for a minute before Beasts just came out and was wanting to be like the smart guy and tell him that.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, he was wrong for it. Feel the same awaken, Yeah to some degree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, but I have to add in a lot like maybe he but we didn't We don't know like what type of relationship Beast and Iliana had, so I have to now assume that maybe they spent some time together, so he kind of have a good idea of what type of person she is, and that's why he said that. But on that, but outside of that, it's like, Bro, you don't know my sister like that.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I'm saying. I think anybody tell anybody, honestly.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't know what she would think.
Speaker 3: Why you say you think it's missing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, when people I get it. As far as like you want to help people when they're greeting, I don't know. But I don't think it's your place because you don't know how people actually would do things. So for you to come and tell me they wouldn't want you to do this, maybe maybe good, but how would they react? Like I think, I think there's some things I wouldn't do if certain people got hurt. But there are like two or three people in my head, like if someone didn't fun too, I'm just seeing black like I'm seeing like it's just it's done with, so you can't That's just how I see it.
Speaker 3: How about you, Mike, I see both sides.
Speaker 2: I assume that I assume that Beasts knew her. I mean she had been I don't know if she was ever in x Men, I can't remember, but I'm sure beast knew her.
Speaker 3: I don't really know if I think.
Speaker 2: It was fucked up in this situation to tell Colossus, like, dude, your sister would not want this if Beast does in fact know that his sister would not want this type of shit.
Speaker 3: At the same time, I do get your point.
Speaker 2: It is fucked up, especially in the room full of people, to be like, man, you're doing something fucked up that your dead sister would not appreciate.
Speaker 3: So I see both sides.
Speaker 2: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. Well, Colossus takes the X Men to see Creed, where Night Crawler greets him with the hope of salvation but Exodus arrives and two agreed to to a trial oversaw overseen by the mute iNTS to determine Creed's faith. Did you feel that Ken, Did you feel that night Crawler was he had an advantage a disadvantage of he was on fair ground with the circumstances he was given, the.
Speaker 1: Fact that he wanted to do a trial was crazy.
Speaker 4: But I think that he felt like he really knew Peter and he knew how he could probably like reach him since he was the one that was the overseeing the whole thing. So all he have to do was drop a couple bars here and there and they would win.
Speaker 1: And I mean he got a lot he did cook, But that ship was kind of a risk. It was a high risk to.
Speaker 4: Take that you would get a fair trial in Genosha among that crowd from you know, they hate that guy, you know, so they want to kill him, and they got all these beats. So yeah, yeah, but but no, Creek was an asshole though. It was like, Yo, Mama threw you off a ledge bro, she ain't even want you. At least I got to stay in the house or at least stay.
Speaker 1: With my dad.
Speaker 3: Daddy beat his ass to Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cree was an asshole. I was surprised that that's what he wanted to do. As far as the trial, I felt like he was kind of cocky during the trial. I thinking he was gonna walk out of there since he did know him as well as I guess he knew him.
Speaker 3: But it was entertaining. I didn't know how it was going to end.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he was in with a lot of evers because I didn't know as far as the sentence, but it was entertaining.
Speaker 3: I liked him, right, I mean, what's what's the actual question? Did you feel like? What did you feel like Nightcrawler status? As far as like advantage, fairground disadvantage, He's just a typical fucking Christian. Man's fucking annoying. I was gonna ask you if knew the scriptures that he was stating too, the what scripture? Like there was getting him in a Cree was saying back and forth to each other. I didn't remind remind myself to get it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought it was some catholic him or some dumb show. But it's just like man, they always oh, let's just do the right thing. Man, go tell the motherfuckers. I'll be over here touching on babies and ship. Don't tell them. And you over here, Oh, you gonna put him up for a trial. This motherfucker wants to kill y'all. Fuck this dude, Man, what are we talking about? Just because this this fucking weird, demon looking catholic shows up.
Speaker 3: You got a chance change all the rules. Get this motherfucker out of here. You've got no powers right now, kill him.
Speaker 1: None of them did, Fuck that, bro, all of them.
Speaker 2: We have no obligation to this creed guy to show him a fair trial because he would not give that to you. So what are we discussing right now? This made this made for a good episode, But it was aggravating his ship listening to Nightcrawler.
Speaker 3: Oh he was a you know, aggravating and listening to Nightcrawler. Well, that's that's well.
Speaker 2: Sometimes night Crawler says some some pretty poignant ship sometimes when he's talking about fairness, I'm like, that's it's a good point here. This dude wants to kill all y'all, and he's telling you, what do you hate about this?
Speaker 1: You were born?
Speaker 2: That motherfucker needs to die. A white man says that to you, Why do you hate me, sir, mister white man? Like Rod went up in the mountains and he asked that white Hey, mister white man, what did I ever do to you?
Speaker 3: Why do you hate me so much? You were born? Oh no, no, fuck that all that's wrong. You gotta die at this point. That's what that motherfucker I was driving you're around, was thinking you were you were bored.
Speaker 2: That's the Illes ship that someone can tell you, why do you hate me?
Speaker 3: Because you were born? That's the Illes ship. You can't even say nothing back. You just gotta throw hands at that point. I mean, we're not talking. There's no discussion. I was born to you hate your daddy nuts.
Speaker 2: Because your mama gave birth to your ass instead of boring you like that's just crazy. Crawler, Well, Exodus speaks to the evil in the trial, Exitus speaks to the evil that Creed has committed against them events and especially in the former series, and Nightcrawler speaks more to what created the person.
Speaker 3: We see today.
Speaker 2: Who did y'all agree with more? I obviously know who you agreed with, Spike. Who'd you agree with more?
Speaker 3: After the trial? Exodus? You agree?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Nightcrawler because he was right. He was like, man, you don't hate me, You hate yourself. You hate your mama and your daddy. That's the only thing that's the reason why you're doing all this shit.
Speaker 3: Do you care? Do you care why Dylan Ruth killed a whole bunch of black folks in the church.
Speaker 4: I don't care. No, I don't care, That's what I'm saying. But he was still right though.
Speaker 3: But he was trying to get him off bishop. He was trying to.
Speaker 4: Get true and that just saw that shit was working too, because everybody was looking around head down, tears and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like a rap battle.
Speaker 3: So I do have a question.
Speaker 2: So I have so based off what you just said, do you feel the reason Exodus attacks Colossus is because of how the room felt? Or he actually read Colossu's mind and knew what he thought.
Speaker 4: I think I think the room because he was he was looking around, they saw all of his acolytes like starting to really feel the impact of what he was saying. And then Creed talking about, yeah, I just wanted to get thirteen, and then I got thirteen.
Speaker 1: They have any powers?
Speaker 4: And then my dad just kind of left me, and you know, left the scar on my face and that severely impact to me. And I think they felt the story that he was telling and they started to, you know, sort of empathize with him. They were like, damn, man, bro like, damn, that's that's really rough. You grew up rough and at Sidi was reading that. And then where where night Crawler messed up is he should not have looked at Peter.
Speaker 1: When he looked at Peter, that was all that just needed to see.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh, this boffuck canna agree with you? Fuck all that shit. And that's when he went to this side of the couch, this side of the room. It was like, nah, we're gonna kill him.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't know that. Did you know that excess cared minds? Did you know you didn't know what this power?
Speaker 3: Did you think he read his mind or you think he just felt from the room in.
Speaker 2: The moment, I thought he read his mind and realized that Claus was going to side with Nightcrawler. But then at the end, class City wasn't I think so unless he was. Let's see, it's like, why would he lie? Why would he lie to night Crawl and be like, yeah, I wasn't gonna side with you.
Speaker 3: I think Exit is read in his mind. I think he did. I thought he.
Speaker 2: Did until Cyclops said what he said, But either way, I went Exos like, I think Exus was sitting there and was like, Bro, there's some bullshit.
Speaker 3: Why are we even doing this? Why are we doing a trial for this guy that wants to kill us?
Speaker 2: You know what, I do not even give a fuck about your fucking verdict. Get the fuck out of here. By I'm class couldn't do shit. He was crying for ten minutes. I was like, man, get the fuck out of here. Bro, just you waste all your powers on classes right now, go ahead and kill him.
Speaker 3: He's right there, Just go ahead and kill him.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Eventually, Bishop im Polaris arrived to save Colossus Creed in the remaining X Men before Exodus can execute a full attack. Did y'all FOCU with this action sequence like this?
Speaker 3: Overall?
Speaker 2: Leave it to the Negro to find a fucking a new whip. That's a that's a that's a fucking dinosaur. I like the dinosaur and all the little extra ship that was there. That was good, Yeah, Sam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was cool. Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 4: The we're talking about the fight between Oh Board and even night Crawling over too.
Speaker 3: Did that meant?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 3: Did? Do you feel like they minimize Exodus powers a little bit?
Speaker 4: And by letting yeah, what, what's what's happening right now?
Speaker 3: That's my thig.
Speaker 1: Why am I? Why am I fighting you with a sword?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What? This is stupid.
Speaker 3: He's supposed to be way more powerful than bro.
Speaker 4: He had Colosses locked up in a state of shot shot and he's trying to sit here and sword fight fit scene with Nightcrawler.
Speaker 3: Why get the ship out of here? And why he didn't have them powers? Hmm.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what his exact powers are. I do know that he's in no Mega level mutiny and he's telecons.
Speaker 1: He was using them.
Speaker 2: He's basically like he's datonic, like he can do everything with his mind. He uses his powers amplify based on how much people believe in him.
Speaker 3: Well maybe nobody believe in them in that room.
Speaker 1: Don't matter.
Speaker 2: You're still a telepath and the teleconis fighting Nightcrawler. I mean, I don't have a problem with them fighting because it's like otherwise, how does he beat Nightcrawler If Nightcrawler is doing his BAMFF ship all over the place with a sword.
Speaker 3: How does he beat him? He could just do whatever he did the Colossus.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, that's what I'm thinking, Like, as soon as he BAMF, you gonna appear somewhere unless you're pay behind me.
Speaker 3: But I guess I guess the only now hearing him say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way Nightcrawler would be to get away is because you can't pinpoint.
Speaker 3: Him because he's going into another dimension and coming back. I can't necessarily know where he's gonna be at.
Speaker 2: If he was a different type of teleporter, like if he had to think, Okay, I'm here, but I'm about to appear over there, it'd be a different story.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's the way his.
Speaker 1: Powers work that he doesn't think it.
Speaker 3: I think that he because when he because.
Speaker 1: The telepathic ability could help him.
Speaker 3: But I don't think he's see.
Speaker 2: Nightcrawler's powers are confusing to me because when we were growing up, it was just he can just teleport, But then later on they introduced all this other ship where he's actually going to a whole other dimension and then coming back.
Speaker 4: Right, I have to have been in order to teleport to a spot. I have to have been there before.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think. I don't think that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 3: He said, I think he said in the movie.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to ship that they say in the movies because it's just like y'all that he can y'all, no more than me.
Speaker 1: Teleport to another anywhere, that he has a band because he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know if a wall is there, that would make sense. Yeah, that would that would make sense.
Speaker 1: But you're right in terms of the dimension thing.
Speaker 4: But I'm just thinking if he's a telepath, then maybe he could read his mind and know where he's gonna appear.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking too, But I was just throwing in the dimension thing, like maybe that throws a monkey wrench into it.
Speaker 3: But now what you're saying makes sense. I don't really know.
Speaker 2: But it's probably still hard to read his mind if he ain't still, if he was, if he's not sitting still, he's bouncing in and like he's bouncing around, it's probably hard to Yeah, that too a little bit, but it's just to me. The thing is, he's just on mega levels. It is like he should be able to figure this shit out against Nightcrawler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree, like.
Speaker 2: Nightcrawler shouldn't like it should be an okay fight, but it shouldn't be to where it's like a damn near draw.
Speaker 3: That was my issue with it. Yeah, shooting him.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that shit.
Speaker 3: Bro, he's not dead, but he's not bad. You can't believe shot him.
Speaker 4: No, I can't believe they just let like he went through. No, I believe Creed shot him. But I'm like, bro, ex is, like, for real, how you're gonna go out?
Speaker 2: I think they're trying to. They don't want to put him on the board just yet. That's that's all it is. They don't want to keep him on the board because he he's Exodus. But again, Exodus does end up being one of the four Horsemen, so maybe who knows, who knows, but yeah, Creed is it not? Crawley takes Creed to some I guess the somewhere an altar because establish Land is basically at the bottom of the map, so somewhere close by or whatever HEAs from there.
Speaker 3: He ends up getting found about X factor and then they put him in jail, or they let him. They put him in jail they probably let him go.
Speaker 2: I thought X Factor picked him up, and I thought I thought the block chick said that they were they locked him locked up.
Speaker 3: I doubt What did he do wrong? Hm, creed creed?
Speaker 2: Yeah wait so they just picked him up a little I could have said this, she said they locked I guess I made that up. I might be wrong, but I don't remember him saying that because what did he In my mind, yeah, like what did he do wrong?
Speaker 3: Like what what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What law did he break? He just would know that he's gonna be president and they kidnapped him.
Speaker 4: I don't think they find it because I was really confused by this part. Unless they had a tracker on him. Somebody had, because I was somebody had to have told him where he was at night. Crawler definitely was like, yeah, I dropped him off in the n Arctic, you pick him up with it.
Speaker 2: He definitely did that because he didn't want to be responsible if he died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm like, yeah, yeah, exactly so, because when he did, I was like, Oh, you're just gonna leave it here and he's just gonna freeze the death. Yeah, So of course they found I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: But how you know, but yeah he had night Caller told him. Well, Colossus ends up joining the team and they go back to the school for gift the youngsters, and we finally in the.
Speaker 3: Episode with.
Speaker 2: Uh X Force going to find a whole of of Apocalypse body and they also find the GAMU card. How are we feeling knowing that we got two episodes left, we have no choice but to see Apocalypse in the next episode, How are we feeling right now?
Speaker 4: They are really kind of kicking the can on this whole thing. And in comics it works because there's issue but issue but issue.
Speaker 1: It's an ongoing thing.
Speaker 4: With this though, it's just like you're gonna you have two episodes left, you gotta introduce them, you gotta create all of this drama intention and then it's over with and we got to wait a whole new year another year for it to come back unless they resolve it. So yeah, they're really really like kicking the can on this thing. But yeah, because now it's like, what the fuck you do to Apocalypse? Yeah, and it's Gammon that strong? Is that what they're hinting at that he just kind of went crazy?
Speaker 1: So I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: My fears with two episodes. The ain't gonna be able to tell a story complete enough to feel.
Speaker 3: His impact feel the same way.
Speaker 2: I mean, my first thought was, what the fuck were y'all gonna do when you got there? There's nobody here that can fuck with Apocalypse right now?
Speaker 3: So what were what?
Speaker 2: Was Cable Silock? Cable came up with him right now? I don't think Cable would have won that fight. Nah, but he's still Cable.
Speaker 3: He's still Cable, sure, but he can't win right now. So Cable, Jubilee, Silock, and I forgot who else was there?
Speaker 2: Sunspots. I'm looking at you, motherfuckers. I'm like, bro, if he was live, what were you going to do? All of the X Men went at him at once and Apocalypse handled him. What were y'all gonna do when you got there? But all that aside, I don't think Apocalypse is dead. It wouldn't really make any sense. So I'm not sure what this is. I was shocked. I was like, wait what So I don't know if Apocalypse, instead of resurrecting Gamut, is like using Gambit's essence for his himself.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell's done in them.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't remember. To be honest, I do know that they're with all this stupid versioning ship. There's multiple different versions of him, So I definitely do not think he's dead. There's no chance, and there's no chance that Gambit killed him. That wouldn't even make any sense, especially off screen. Yeah, but it did leave a It did leave.
Speaker 3: A pretty crazy ending, So I was like, what who killed him?
Speaker 2: I didn't feel I was like, I mean, I know he ain't dead, because who That's why I feel like nobody killed No, But it's just like it's swallowed.
Speaker 3: We were just kicking his can. But how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 5: Similar to what Mike was saying, like, it's two episodes left, I know this dude is not dead, and how they're gonna wrap this up? That's all the context really that I have in the census figuring it out. There's three more episodes, right, it's just two, So there's only nine episodes of season?
Speaker 3: Why not in ten? Wasn't last season ten? I think?
Speaker 2: So, well, yeah, that's weird because like, yeah, two more episodes, what are you gonna do in an hour?
Speaker 3: Exactly? They're gonna leave us on a big ass Cliffhanger and then like, can't said were waiting for a year now it's just not Oh no, no, I'm saying we're waiting for a year, I think, And there's no there's no more male. So I don't know what they're gonna do after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this one, this this season worked out, but it might be two years because they find somebody to do it.
Speaker 3: It's nine, it was ten last season, but it's none this season.
Speaker 2: Look, they're gonna secretly go back to them and be like, hey, bro, just don't tell nobody. Don't tell nobody, just write us the episodes.
Speaker 3: I think they probably would have gone back to him if he wasn't like being as as vocal about it on Twitter, like.
Speaker 2: I have a fucking nah. He don't talk like that no more, That's what I'm saying. It seems like you, well, not a lot of at least seems like he's kind of quiet. It might be negotiating, That's what I was thinking. Maybe they're going to him and they're like, look, you can write, but you just can't be the face of the show anymore because your ass is nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just right from your room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your wound with no shirt in your drawers all you want, but you can't come in the office no more with no fucking shirt on and some tight ass, fucking under rules walking around the office looking like a free bro. You've seen this, dude, No, this motherfucker crazy. I mean, I respect it and I support it. It's if you're not a scumback exactly. It's some confidence there you be like, but then this motherfucker always knack it, and this that part where it's like, nigga, you gotta respect people around.
Speaker 3: You, know what I'm saying. I've never seen this man with his shirt on anyway.
Speaker 2: If he was, if he wasn't a scumbag, I wouldn't clown him like this. But he's nasty anyway. Yeah, I'm here. I'm here. I'm really excited for next episode because I want to see what the hell happened. But if they seriously spend a whole episode and we don't see gambit, that's gonna hurt this a bit for me, because this is starting to get a little old.
Speaker 3: It's already old for me. But still here, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's our review, Yeah, because we didn't even really need this episode, to be honest, now that you're saying that it's getting old or is already old for you, this episode really didn't serve much of a purpose. Unless Exodus or Colossus have some major part. That's the only reason I could see why they did this, or unless they're gonna bring but I mean, unless it's leading up to season three is dude as the president, I don't know, like, yeah, those things could just like all right, what are we gonna do? Yeah, you're right, but yeah, that's our review. Man, be back here next week. Check us out then. But in the meantime, make sure to follow us on FPS podcast, FBS podcast on Twitter, and Instagram, and join our Patreon for more exclusive content.
Speaker 3: But until then, see y'all next week. Peace