Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back. Pivot Barm Balcony.
Speaker 2: Our location high a place right across from the field House.
Speaker 1: This reminder too.
Speaker 2: You can sign up to win when you get here too, Indiana Fever Hats or a pair of tickets Fever and the Sun. That is Fredday, August the twenty eighth, right across the street at Gambridge field House with our good friends Hurst and the Montes and alex Is here too.
Speaker 1: We need to wish a happy birthday to Vincent, can we not? Yes, happy belated birthday. Belated but still I'm seven years old. Can you believe that? Right there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So he's our third we have four kids. So I know what was I thinking?
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't really thinking. I know, I think I thought.
Speaker 2: The same thing. I've been thinking the same deal exactly. Doub what you're thinking right there. And we have a special announcement coming up at the four o'clock hours.
Speaker 3: We do absolutely you were earlier you were talking about community support and Hoosiers coming together in Eastern Indiana. And in the next half hour we have a big announcement about how you and your JMB community supported us and kids all across Indiana.
Speaker 2: Love you guys and Alex returns with me coming up in a minute meantime with the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline from ESPN, a little low down on last night, some fantasy hookup as well, and from ESPN Field, the Yates joins us.
Speaker 1: Now, Hey, Piel, thank you for the time. How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great? Thanks much for having me on. I hope you're having a great summer.
Speaker 2: Well, the summer has been fantastic, and now it'sammed up a little bit because we do have football back. I'm curious did you have a chance to eyeball any of the Colts and Patriots last night? Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 4: Hey, we called that the Will Mallory Show, right, Yeah, I did stuff last night from Will obviously, And yeah, a game that won't be remembered at like the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If I had to guess, not too many ties they go down as memorable. But yeah, I did have a chance to catch some of it. Saw some of Anthony richardson Will Mallory has mentioned, and then a lot of missfield.
Speaker 5: Goals as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially you kind of wonder if maybe one of these these kickers from the Colts that gets cut ends up in Foxboro with Mike Frado England. Yeah, any kind of murder with a group of or straighter or whatever. Hey, what were your thoughts? And we've been around this for so long now it almost wears us down a little bit. So we need a little bit of inside perspective, if you don't mind outside perspective, if you don't mind right here, what are your thoughts on Richardson in terms of what the Colts should do with him this season?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think the weird line that the Folts are having to straddle right now is that, you know, quarterbacks do have value if they're on your roster. Depths can certainly be tested. And we give a quarterback coming off of a torn achilles, even one that's rehabbing as remarkably well as Daniel Jones, It's like you still have to be mindful of the pieces behind him. And you have your backup in Raley Leonard, but another player is only going into a second NFL season that you just don't want to give Anthony Richardson away.
Speaker 5: But that you're getting. So if you're not getting any.
Speaker 4: Offers that are of consequence, the question is is it more valuable to have a third string quarterback most likely maybe a back up, our third string quarterback who might not play at all, or you know, a Day three selection, which you know, Day three pitchs have certainly become lots of things in the NFL, but they're far from a guarantee.
Speaker 5: And I do think there's a bit of a pride factor involved here.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand the Chris Ballard and the Colts organization has moved on in many ways from Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 5: They signed Daniel Jones last year, they reinvested in Daniel Jones. I get that. At the same time, this was.
Speaker 4: The front office that took him fourth overall a few years ago, during a draft in which not everybody thought that Anthony Richardson would go that high. Some thought it could have been We'll Levice as an example, who would go fourth overall, or other players that were not quarterbacks could have gone fourth overall. So I think it's kind of a tricky spot here for the Colts said, if they get an offer that's too good to refuse, do it until that point.
Speaker 5: As awkward as it may be, you do need the quarterback death.
Speaker 1: It's a field.
Speaker 2: Yates of ESPN ESPN dot Com fantasy football analyst, football analysts in general, it's kind of not to join us on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. This is the ride with JMV downtown at Vivot Balcony and bar more on that in just a second.
Speaker 1: But Field, I'm curious.
Speaker 2: I went over this in the pregame show last night with analysts Rick Venturi, and he brought this up and obviously there's no relatable here. That's not something that at least we understand or know that Shane sdeykeen has been thinking about doing. But would you try to concoct some really kind of offensively odd ideas, I e.
Speaker 1: Taysom Hill.
Speaker 2: If Anthony Richardson is a part of this team moving forward this year, would you try some different things offensively with him? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think with Anthony, like again, yeah, we're way past the point of having drafted and fourth overall, get it sober.
Speaker 1: And done with.
Speaker 5: That's that's three years ago or four years ago. Now. It's some costs of a draft investment.
Speaker 4: But we've reached the point where you don't have to focus exclusively on the stuff you can't do right, like not the most accurate pastor obviously not a timing in rhythm thrower, obviously, but let's see what we can do tap into some of the unique abilities. I mean, he is on the short list at least the greatest quarterback athletes we've ever seen, right, I mean that's based off.
Speaker 5: To Tom by Dusty. He has put himself into that.
Speaker 4: Zip code and maybe you can find ways.
Speaker 5: To tap into that. You know, he had.
Speaker 4: The shortyardist run last night. I still believe that anthy could be amongst the best goal line rushers in the league. And you know, Jonathan Taylor is all that and more as well. So maybe in a different circumstance, you wouldn't need to tap into Anthony Richardson, or you would need to tap in Anthony Richardson. So perhaps the coach a little more hesitant there. But if he's on the roster, you might as well do yourself service and see what utilities can get out of him. Even if it's not much, it's better than him simply watching every single game from the bench.
Speaker 1: Field.
Speaker 2: Jays joined us so Daniel Jones on the rebound from that injury, and we'll start right here. Does it surprise you that he's making at least from what we've told, been told, and what we have seen so much progress, and then how would you factor in what to expect considering how good he was up until the point a year ago when he was compromised and done due to injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniel, what a remarkable rehabit process so far. You know, he certainly seems like he is more than ahead of a typical schedule. He's way ahead of a typical schedule. I think Daniel was in some ways reflective of how I think this Colts team. It's a bit of a pendulum team in twenty twenty six, So, I mean, my dad is there sort of two.
Speaker 5: Sides to it.
Speaker 4: The good version of Daniel Jones, the Rabits career has some really good I mean he's put He took a Giants team to the playoffs the Outdold with her cousins.
Speaker 5: In that game they beat the Vikings.
Speaker 4: This was a few years ago, of course, and then last year he was playing like a playoff quarterback for much of the first half of the season and then he got it wasn't quite as perfect in the game's leading up to him.
Speaker 5: Still, he just played a really good ball, good enough to help you win a lot of meaningful games.
Speaker 4: So, but the Colts have several players that like the best version of them can be really good that the worst version can become be a problem. And this team, it's not a house of cars, not the right term. But I could see this team competing for the.
Speaker 5: Playoffs once again. I could also see this team finishing third of this division. Right, that would be not surprising any of us because it happened last year. So it's a big year.
Speaker 4: It's a pressure cooker, perhaps every sad at any time a team makes an announcement at the end of the season to say that they are keeping the head coach in the GM, it means the year ahead is a pressure year, right, So, Daniel Jones, in this entire Colts franchise, I do believe based some pressure this year, just giving all the circumstances of what took place last year and over the past six or seven years.
Speaker 2: And I know field you at ESPN, when you compile all these fantasy football numbers as well, you kind of view as what you saw last time he was on the field, But also you compile that with what has been historically his past or what has been the connection to it. Would you expect him to have a season this year if healthy as he had until he was injured a year ago, or would there seem to be a bit of a decline. How would you view him through I guess the lens in this case of fantasy football numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fantasy football outlook is this is Daniel Jones obviously has a lot of upside. He was really good last year, especially in the first half of the season. The question mark on Daniel is when you're coming back from an achilles hair. A big part of Daniels fantasy values tied to his legs and is the team going to be judicious with Daniel Jones given the fact coming off of one of the most significant injuries that we see relatively frequently around the NFL. So Daniel Jones can certainly be a very very solid fantasy football quarterback. Is Quebec seventeen for me in my rankings because I am accounting for the possibility of him not being as lethal as a runner as he was at the time last year. I think that would be rooted by the Colts. It would not be a merit of Daniel Jones in real football. It would just be a reality of a guy it's closely removed with December seventh. I believe it was when he popped his achilles and this old season kind of went by the wayside from.
Speaker 2: There, field, Jonathan Taylor got that two year extension. What's your fantasy football expertise tell you about the culture running back going into this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, forth rank running back for me, Jonathan Taylor. I believe it's the betting favorite to lead the NFL in rushing yards the season.
Speaker 5: Is just a remarkable, remarkable talent.
Speaker 4: If we don't see as much of Daniel Jones running, It's good things for Jonathan Taylor's fantasy value because it means more opportunities for Jonathan Taylor right specifically at the goal line, where he's already going to be led the NFL and Russian touchdowns last season, A good bet to do that any year, but the possibility of getting twenty rushing touchdowns, it's greater for Jonathan Taylor then probably any running back in the NFL, maybe alongside.
Speaker 5: Derrick Henry or somebody like that.
Speaker 4: So my fourth right funning back, I'd be surprised if he went much lower than seventh or eighth overall in most fantasy football drafts and guy that you know, remember there is agony over whether to extend him the first time around, and here we are and he has already been extended once again. So he's just been a hallmark player for the Colts since being drafted.
Speaker 2: Field Yates ESPN joins us we have seen a rebirth of sorts of value at the running back position, and now it's more reflective as it always has been in terms of the world of fantasy football. But in the actual NFL world, Why have we seen that positional rejuvenation here recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's probably a couple of factors. Is one, you know, the numbers robbinsly going to go up because the salary cap is going up. The larger the salary cap, the larger the salary. I also think we're in just this really unique period with some great, great players at running back right John Robinson, Jamier Gibbs, Jonathan Taylor, three guys who not only are you know, can be particular powers right now, but also guys who like the prime may not be reached yet for them. Jonathan's a little bit older than those two guys, so maybe Jonathan is in the prime of his career. But it's it's kind of a timing thing right now. So we've got some really good backs and you know, we may have another one as a rookie.
Speaker 5: And Jeremiah Love.
Speaker 4: Made his pre season debut last night. You know, I think also teams are starting to realize a little bit of Yet it's this is what history has told us we aren't supposed to do. But some of the best movers and most successful stories in the NFL have been the people that have been ahead of curves. And I'm not saying that paying running back top of the market is definitely ahead of the curve, but it could be. Hey, people are telling us to zig, and that's when we zag. So team are saying, I'll pay a great running back and I'll find some value elsewhere.
Speaker 5: So things tend to be cyclical in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Perhaps is the start of a new cycle running backs are appreciated.
Speaker 2: This is field Yates, a VESPN talking NFL and NFL Fantasy football as well. He joins us via the Andy Moore Automotive Group hootline. This is the ride with JMV downtown across from Cambridge Fieldhouse. Fever coming up later off tonight. We'll get into that in just a second too. So Alec Pierce, new big deal wide receiver coming back from a surgery, and Tyler Warren you're number two at tied end. What is the fantasy value and your thoughts on the type of season you expect from both of those Colt players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alex a really interesting one because the contract that he signed with the Colts this offseason was what most free agent contracts are at their core, which is a bet on what the player is going to become. But to be clear, I mean, alex sample size and body of work is lesser than most receivers that are getting paid around where he ranks in average per your pay right. I mean people have had some figures talk when they saw that number. Up to this point in fantasy, he hasn't been a top forty player at the position of wide receiver, but he gets there this year. Absolutely he could if he's healthy, but there's some question mark surrounding his health. And then also the way in which Alec has been used. He's been more of a downfield vertical threat, which in fantasy the best version of that is like a Mike Evans type player, but also requires excellent efficiency. We'll see whether Alex brings us to the table. No complaints, no worries whatsoever about Tyler Warren. He's going to be incredibly busy. He's an excellent, excellent tight end and given all the injuries at pass catcher right now for the Colts, shouldn't surprise anybody if he challenges for one hundred and thirty or so targets this year.
Speaker 2: You know when we should factor this in the question I asked a little bit earlier about Anthony Richardson's senior field, about gadgetry offensively with Shane Steiken, that may all be used up by Tyler Warren at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lefty quarterback for Mechanicsville, Pennsylvania. He's got some serious game to him. Yeah, I think that's totally far. You know, Tyler is such a unique player. I think that's the pensyl bing. I believe it's Virginia. Is Tyler's from state. I apologize for that, but yeah, that's totally fair. Is that like he's gonna see some rushes this year, perhaps some stuff at the bottom, you know, at the goal line. So Tayler is such a talented player, the kind of guy that you could really build. You know, a significant portion of your passing game around. He's a special, special.
Speaker 1: Player ESPN's field Yes, joins us.
Speaker 2: Give us some Fantasy Football twenty twenty six risers in your opinion?
Speaker 5: Who risers? Well, we talked to you.
Speaker 4: Alex Pearson is the kind of guy that has a chance to become a riser. But some of the players I like this year a Mecca Abuca from the Buccaneers stepping into a clear cut wide receiver one role for them, Polston Loveland from Chicago Bears. He and Tyler Warren kind of vying to be the next tight end to crack that All Pro ranking. It's you know, bruck Hoers and Tyler and Trade McBride have kind of a grip on that our have over the past couple of seasons, with George Kittle mixed in there as well. And then Justin Herbert's the guy that I think is due for a big bump. You know, Justin plays in the system run by Mike McDaniel, and Mike McDaniel was able to.
Speaker 5: Make to a tongue by Loa the NFL's leading passer.
Speaker 4: I think Justin Herbert's more talented player than two and I'm excited about what it's going to look like once we get to the regular season.
Speaker 2: For the Chargers those on the decline out there, a couple of highlights for people, maybe the side stiff if possible.
Speaker 4: You know, a guy like DK metcalf is one that gives me a lot of you know pause, He's just you know with Dk, he's so talented, but he relies on efficiency down the field.
Speaker 5: And his quarterback, Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Had one of the shortest average depth of targets amongst starting qbs last year.
Speaker 5: Aaron just wants to kind of dec and dunk his.
Speaker 4: Way down the field as opposed to threaten you really far down the field.
Speaker 2: Draft strategy for folks out there this particular year, I don't know if it changes. It always seems like it's the same for me. But does it change for you? And should it change for those out there participating?
Speaker 4: Well, what I would tell you, Let me give you just two simple rules that will apply until the end of time.
Speaker 5: Most likely. One is you've got to play the draft room.
Speaker 4: It's not different than the NFL draft in that regard, right, unless you're thinking first overall, you don't really know exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: So play the draft room right.
Speaker 4: The second rule of fount It's just it's really you're gonna reach a pointer in the season for running backs just aren't gonna be in stock, and so get them.
Speaker 5: When you can.
Speaker 4: They're trying to break a tie between two players that you're closely ranked. One are running back on wide receiver wrab the running.
Speaker 2: Back they field and closing. And I'm going to ask you something early odd. It's about defense, and it pertains to the Colts the value of a defense like the culture built right now until further notice, where.
Speaker 1: They're back end heavy, meaning they.
Speaker 2: Rely on Sauce Gardner on Sharvarius Ward on Cam Bonham as their playmakers in the secondary and not so much a belief in a lot of frequency getting after the quarterback. Can that be more or less of that? How do you view that in terms of the world defense? Because you got playmaking ability and you got talented players on the secondary. But is that something you sidestep considering what we don't know about Layatu Latu and Ardent Key coming off the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I would say is that for fantasy, if I'm going to draft the defense, it's going to be the one that's more likely to pile up a ton of sacks, turnovers and touchdowns. Score off of turnovers are impossible to predict, so I tend to lean towards the defenses, like maybe the Denver Broncos the Houston Texans are going to pile.
Speaker 5: Up nine thousand facs during the season.
Speaker 2: Makes a lot of sense right there, Field Yates, When can we catch you again? I think you're all over the TV every time I'm talking of the afternoon. You're like looking right across from me on the television monitor when you guys go fourth hurts today.
Speaker 4: And then Monday morning, Monday few Friday. It's an am Eastern time fantasy focused. So we have a lot of fun there.
Speaker 2: Field, It's always great to talk with you, man. Thanks for dropping and we'll do it again here in Indianapolis if you want you over the course of the season. Two, pal, that sounds great. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You got a Field h right there. The Andy Moore Automotive Group potline, good stuff.
Speaker 2: We're going to the Colts and the Patriots. Last night some of the more interesting players noted players of the Colts and how that also could pertain to your fantasy football draft. You got a little bit of everything right there. This show, you get a little bit of everything meantime on the Andy More Automotic Group plotline thirteen thirteen was the final last night and joining us to describe that and more. He was there in Foxboro at Gillette Joeli Erickson at the Star. That's going to be a staple every fighter during the football season.
Speaker 1: Who joins us? Now? Hello, Joe?
Speaker 6: How are you are you?
Speaker 2: No, We've got a little bit of problematic sound right there, Caleb.
Speaker 1: Are we okay?
Speaker 2: Because I heard me twice? That's okay. We hurt myself twice and once is certainly enough.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you once is enough. Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, Mel mcmags wrote down the back basketball courts north side of the fair Grounds coming up tomorrow eleven until one.
Speaker 1: You're shooting against me, Joe? Are you back now?
Speaker 2: Without hearing ourselves twice in this conversation here, Boddy, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Can only hear myself once now, that's important.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, the last thing we want to do, we barely want to hear me like once, all right, So the last thing we need to do is hear me twice on this I want to start with you on Brian Mason torn multi torn ligaments. It sounds like it is as bad as it looked. Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, from my understandings, it's as bad as it looked. I don't have a ton of other details on when he's going to be back, or what that looks like or anything. I just know multiple torn ligaments. Anytime there's more than one, that's a pretty bad knee injury. But this, I'm always kind of surprised this doesn't happen more often on the sidelines. You know, you think about all they got to get out of the way, but there's not always a ton of room back there, ending in front of players and stuff.
Speaker 6: And he did try to.
Speaker 7: Move wow, and just kind of got caught up in it. It's surprising to me that this happens as infrequently as it does.
Speaker 1: In the NFL. No, I I completely agree with that too. Was it just me?
Speaker 2: I wondered why Anthony Richardson Senior didn't throw that last ball just for the hell of it.
Speaker 1: Were you wondering too?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, At that last uh last time we got the last play there, I was like, let's let's get.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I was just taking Joel. I mean, hell, while we're here, let's see this dude arrowed out and see what the hell happens. Because I didn't think that Riley. I didn't think that Riley probably had it in him, but I thought that Richardson Senior probably had the arm strength in him for that.
Speaker 7: I I kind of wanted that to send Spencer Schrader back out for a seventy yarder and see what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna try to do that up to my groupie guy. Huh, I'm a groupie groupie right here.
Speaker 6: He hit that, He hit that sixty one yard or so good. I thought, you know, that's let's just see what happens.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: Part of my problem is and I told I had Blake on the show last week, and I said, hey, last time I did a kick her on the show was Matt Gay and I think we all saw how that ended.
Speaker 1: D Sho you want to be here?
Speaker 2: And and he said yes, and then said since that point in time. He was perfect at that moment, but since then not so much.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 6: Did you see what Rabel said after the game last night?
Speaker 7: No matter who wins this, no matter who wins this job for the Colts, I think the other, the other, the other kicker is going to have a job somewhere because you know, the.
Speaker 6: Patriots kicker missed three times.
Speaker 7: And even if it's not them, there's other kicking competitions that are pretty bad. And these two guys, you know, have track records, and then Trader kicks that ball. Trader's starting to kick it the way I'm used to seeing him kick it. So I think that no matter what happens, both of those guys are gonna end up with a job.
Speaker 1: I said last night.
Speaker 2: That that somebody that the guy that doesn't make the Colts is going to end up in Foxborough. And that's a that's a great way to put it right there too, because you're right there in front of Rabel's face, and that dude last night wasn't going to have it and it did not look endaring on the sideline when they showed Rabel after those misses.
Speaker 7: Right when I covered the Saints, back when I covered the Saints, there was a training camp that we covered a kicking competition and uh got to the end of it, thought they declared a winner, and then they cut both of them and because because they had been in joint practices with the Ravens, and they liked what they saw out of Will Lutts and what they heard from John Harbaugh about Will Lutts, and so they just went with the guy that they'd seen in joint practices.
Speaker 6: And if Andy Borrigals.
Speaker 7: Continues to struggle in New England, it sure feels like Mike Rabel was watching the way grouping and the wall, the way the ball came off of Groupie in Trader's foot and was like, you know, I feel like we got some options right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and had no doubt. Joe A.
Speaker 2: Erikson of the Stars are they Eddy Moore Automotive Group Potline?
Speaker 1: What are your takeaways from last night?
Speaker 2: Whether it's you know, quarterback, backup battles or positional situations, or kickers or ye know, running backs, whatever, did anything strike you more interesting than other thoughts coming off of last night's preseason game?
Speaker 7: One, I thought at backup quarterback and then at kicker where we're talking about it, I thought that those those two races were heading in one direction.
Speaker 6: And then last night kind of flipped it back on its head a little bit and made it a little more open.
Speaker 7: You know Spencer's Raider had been struggling, admittedly.
Speaker 6: With pulling the ball left.
Speaker 7: This week, with the joint practices with the game, he started to look a little bit more like himself.
Speaker 6: And they've said all along those.
Speaker 7: Preseason games are going to matter the most. They said the same thing with the quarterback competition.
Speaker 6: And I know he had the fumble.
Speaker 7: I know the ball was a little bit like not well placed on the interception. I still put most of that on coleman Owen not catching it. But Anthony Richardson looked really good. That's I think that's the best he's looked in training camp the entire time. And Riley Leonard, rather than you know, by his own admission, struggled, you know, two days after looking really good in the practice. So I thought that to two position battles that we've been watching and it felt like we had clear leaders in maybe kind of got flipped on their head a little bit.
Speaker 1: Joel A.
Speaker 2: Erickson of The Star is with us on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline.
Speaker 1: So Rick Van Surrey brought this up to me in the Colts.
Speaker 2: Pregame huddle last night talking about would like to see you know, Taysom Hill type of usage of Anthony Richardson, and then you know, also brought up the fact that that has never been a play that Shane Stiken has made. I guess what I'm asking here, Are you surprised? Is that something they should do? They should look at if Richardson is going to be here, what the hell or does it come down to? If they're going to do gadgetry, it's probably going to involve Tyler.
Speaker 7: Warren, you know, having been there when taysoon when they started the Taysom Hill stuff in New Orleans.
Speaker 6: I think I'm always open to.
Speaker 7: That idea that I'm always open to the idea of moving somebody talented around the formation we saw last night.
Speaker 6: Richardson still looks pretty.
Speaker 7: Darn good on the hoof and he's out there in the open field.
Speaker 6: I do think you worry a little bit more.
Speaker 7: Than you did with Taysom about the injury, not because Taysom Hill was an injury prone he had his own injuries, but just because of the backup situation. But if you like Riley Leonard and you've got all three of these guys here together, you know, why not why not why not use it as a why not use Richardson as a as.
Speaker 6: A curve ball for teams.
Speaker 7: And that you know you you could do that stuff with Tyler Warren too, and it doesn't it doesn't exclude it from happening.
Speaker 1: Would you feel that that's something.
Speaker 2: That Shane Tyke has ever thought about or whatever consider because for me, it's something that he hasn't and won't.
Speaker 7: I I think he'll look for any any way to do it. I don't know the dynamics of you know, if you know.
Speaker 6: Is Richardson open to it? Is he?
Speaker 7: Because the other thing is that you know, with with the whole the whole way Taysom Hill got started.
Speaker 6: He's his first playing time in New Orleans was not as a quarterback.
Speaker 7: It was as a special team. So he was coming from the other side of things, just looking for any way to get on the field. Richardson was a starter. Richardson obviously still wants an opportunity. I don't I have no idea if he'd be open to it or not, but I'd be interested, And I think Shane Sdyken is generally open to, you know, whatever will work.
Speaker 2: Jolly Erickson of the Star with us, So I'm assuming every Friday.
Speaker 1: Are you good with that? Now?
Speaker 2: Does that mean you're going to show up at some of our locations or are you still a little bit afraid of Sometimes?
Speaker 7: I think I've I think I've generally showed up at least at least once a season here. I'll do my best, but we know, I have three boys, and they got stuff going on, and I got to get him to places.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you could, just like let Brank Brian Kellikan, Baby shit, everybody, what the.
Speaker 7: Hell, I'll let Brian know that you've You've given me permission to just drop drop the kids off at his house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, yeah, he'll feel good about that. Hey, coming off of last night, besides the special teams coordinator, any other injuries of note, and then let's look ahead really quickly to the joint practices with the Falcons and then preseason Game two coming up next Saturday.
Speaker 6: Jalen Jones was evaluated for a concussion. I don't have a.
Speaker 7: They didn't say that he was cleared the way they did with Hudder Woler, so that that's really the biggest injury that we know of coming off of it. The other one, Anthony Gould didn't. I don't I'm not sure if he dressed or not. He didn't really play much. If he did, I'm kind of curious to see if he's practicing.
Speaker 6: And we get back on Saturday, and then next week.
Speaker 7: With the Falcons, I think this is going to be another good test for some of this cornerback depth that we saw really struggle this week in New England.
Speaker 6: Mackai Blackman Jonathan.
Speaker 7: Edwards both both really struggled. And those guys are not the first one on the depth chart. The first one on the depth chart is Cam Taylor Britt. If somebody's hurt, but Tarvarius Awards hurt right now with a back injury, and so you're already into Taylor Britt. And I think we saw last season and sometimes those five and six guys play.
Speaker 6: They'd look good in Colts camp.
Speaker 7: The Colts do not have the receiver depth that test them as much as the New England Patriots do, and I think the Falcons, you know, with Drake London and some of their people, can test them in similar ways.
Speaker 2: Jolie ericson of the Star, He's going to be a staple right here every Friday, and sometimes maybe out with us drinking. Other times maybe he's got family responsibilities, but he's going to be round and we love it a great deal. And we have similar thoughts regarding Blackman and Edwards. They played a lot of snaps in that secondary a year ago and they got they got targeted and worked last night by Danny DeVito's son.
Speaker 1: So that's not great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it didn't. It didn't look great. Hopefully, hopefully when I'm on every Friday.
Speaker 6: It won't be in an airport. Hopefully this is the only airport we have this time.
Speaker 1: Hey, did Kayden Curry?
Speaker 2: You think Kayden Curry made the team with a performance last night or well on his way to making that team, because I mean, I know he may have been playing against dudes that's going to be selling insurance coming up in a month or so. But speaking of working guys, he worked dudes last.
Speaker 6: Night, So not only the defense.
Speaker 7: The other interesting thing with Kayden Curry was that he was out there on special teams on the first kickoff, on the first kickoff return, that was out there. If if Brian Mason likes him as a special teamer, that'll go a long way towards Kaid and Curry making the roster.
Speaker 1: He is and we know this to be true.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if he's playing against Westfield or against Michigan.
Speaker 1: He's a badass dude right there.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what I expected, and anybody that's ever watched him around CG they also expected that. But it was great to see that for sure. All Right, Hey, whenever we're live, you gott to join us. Now. I understand that family concerns sometimes intervene, but hey, got to keep in mind, guys, I'm a bad influence, So understand that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe, I try.
Speaker 6: I know you might get me.
Speaker 7: You might get me from the I might have to do this for the Indiannited State Fair next week, depending on how it goes.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh yes, can you imagine some of these bars and places we're going to be in the fall to Joel, just I'm gonna get you prepared.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I'm listening.
Speaker 6: I'm listening.
Speaker 1: I appreciate. I appreciate your pal. Thank you, you bet you bet.
Speaker 2: Joe lay ericson to the Star and the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline the Ride with JMV. Love Winning Man, I love winning.
Speaker 4: You hear what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He's like better than losing that He three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: There was really no winner of losers last night, and maybe Brian Mason who got rolled up and got the ligaments torn. The Colts special teams coordinator on that final play thirteen thirteen Colts and the Patriots preseason last night, Field yates with a description of what he saw and thoughts really all the way around with Field from ESPN a little bit earlier. Joey Erickson also covered that and podcasts abound one seven five fan dot Com. Pat Sullivan Sullivan Hardware and Garden. Another Pat's going to join us. That's Pat Boylan who is the voice of the Fever. Wi Antonella's going to rejoin us too, and Alex Antes of Hearst and Lamontes who brings us and this is a destination for you, Pivot bar and balcony. Now normally we hang out on the best balcony here in Central Indiana, but the weather was threatening.
Speaker 1: Now it looks like it's trying to clear off a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, which is good. But we do have a great crowd. And speaking of which we're giving away stuff. Is Elizabeth Murphy in the house. Elizabeth Murphy. I need an Elizabeth Murphy. If not, we're gonna have to get another name right here that Debbie is gonna select Elizabeth Murphy.
Speaker 1: Are you here going once? Going twice? No sale?
Speaker 2: Jane Littwin Len, I'm gonna butcher that last name.
Speaker 1: Come on over here, Jane.
Speaker 2: Hey, how badly did I butcher your last name?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Where are you from?
Speaker 2: New Jersey? Jane congratulates. Let me give this to you, go hook. Yeah, thank you very much. Great to meet you. Thank you. Jane is from New Jersey. Right there for the Wings and the Fever. Later on tonight and the broadcast duo Debbie Antonelli joins us. Pat Boiler is here Alex Lamontes as well. First, Pat, let's welcome you in.
Speaker 1: All right? Are you all setting ready?
Speaker 8: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 9: This is jarring, though, because I've had so many conversations with you in personal Yes, so many conversations over the phone over the years, but I think this is maybe first time on air with you in person.
Speaker 2: This events like this kind of take you have to just be very sporadic.
Speaker 1: I'm very sporadic. So it's good. We got a lot of stuff go and you you guys have the same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean you're talking in front of you know, a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on as well, but no, these are the best things like this too, and then to have Debbie with us as well, which is outstanding.
Speaker 1: How thanks going for you.
Speaker 9: Things are going really well. You know, it's been a good season. I think things are trending in the right direction. It's been a couple of weeks since we've had a game, you know. It's so different now and most ways for the much better. But just a few years ago we did thirty nine of the forty games. Now I think our number is twenty five or something like that. So we go these stretches where we go a couple weeks without seeing each other, without doing a game. But it's good to be back on the airways here tonight.
Speaker 1: So that's a good thing. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: But you guys should be more prevalent, There's no doubt about that. But this team is playing his best basketball right here.
Speaker 1: And right now. Is it not so fun? Right?
Speaker 10: I mean the offensive explosion, the balance, the amount of players that can make plays. This is a playmakers game tonight. Shot makers game. This should be one hundred and twenty to one hundred and seventeen tonight.
Speaker 1: I mean, I really.
Speaker 10: Think the way the Fever are playing, the pace that they play, how hard they run the floor, and how wide it opens up all kinds of space. There's a lot of really good offensive habits that they have from the beginning of the season that have gotten better as the years going on.
Speaker 1: So Debbie Antonelli right there.
Speaker 2: Pat Boiler as well, Alex Lamontes is with us and he can chime in on any questions if he to as well. Hate Pat, you take away anything that the first game of the season was a disappointment and it was the team that they're playing later on later on this evening.
Speaker 1: Is there any takeaways from that?
Speaker 2: Ors things just change so dramatically now it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: Well, the game was a lot like deb was describing that she expects to see here tonight.
Speaker 8: It was one oh seven one oh four.
Speaker 9: Actually asked to Leah Boston about that a couple days ago, and she kind of chuckled. I said, doesn't that seem like it was months ago? I mean, it seems like a month in the Fever world is like three months of the regular world, and she just kind of chuckled and said, Yeah, I don't know that there's any takeaways from that game. It was so long ago. Things look so different now. You hate to see injuries. But Dallas has a few significant players who aren't available here tonight.
Speaker 8: I believe many Billings didn't play in that game.
Speaker 9: So I think it's tough to draw a whole lot from it other than the fact that you've got offensive playmakers, as deb alluded to, all over the floor, and I would expect the style to be similar. If neither team hits triple digits tonight, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Be so yeah.
Speaker 2: Are we seeing some of the subpar categories with the fever, turnovers, fouling too much defensively?
Speaker 1: Do we see those.
Speaker 2: On the rise right now with them winning and the consistency more.
Speaker 10: I think they're getting better in all those categories. And I want to give credit to Stephanie White who continues to add layers to their defense. It's not just under overheadstrap by sjam switch drop, the eight different ways you can guard to Boss Green or some variation of it. But it's you know, the two to two one back into his own. It's you know, the way we put pressure on teams with our offense, that really creates opportunities for us defensively up the floor. In transition, there's just a lot of layers pressing full court. Those things that she has added has made this team better and more complete.
Speaker 1: I think the rotation has trimmed a little bit.
Speaker 10: I definitely think Aliah Boston adjusting to being the four KK Timpson, you know, coming in the starting lineup and allowing the rotation at the five physicis to change a little bit. All those things are analytical, but there are also gut reactions to who you're playing and what you've seen in practice and what you need to be doing to be Thinking about the playoffs which are coming up soon.
Speaker 9: I think they're trending in the right direction in just about every conceivable category. And I'm also a believer in when you go months of play or even weeks of play, you're of course you're gonna lose. It's gonna happen. I'm a believer in how you lose being important. And if you look at the fevers last few weeks, they're seven and nine, they're seven to two in their last nine. You look at those couple of losses, they're within a couple points at Minnesota end of a road trip. Best team record wise in the league is the Mass and then the other loss is a game they win nine hundred and ninety nine times out of a thousand against the Aces and it goes into overtime. So to me, even when they have lost, they have looked the part of a team that is championship caliber, and I think trending in the right direction here at the right time of the season. And then the obvious curve ball that's going to be thrown in here is we're going to hit pause for three weeks, so we're going to pick the league back up in mid September because of the FOEBA World Cup. You're trending in the right direction, but it's going to be a whole different storyline.
Speaker 8: I think at the end of September, how teams are looking.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, I mean seven out of the last nine games, right, So what do you think has been the biggest difference from the beginning of the season versus the last nine games where I mean they've won seven out of the last nine. What do you guys think?
Speaker 10: I think it's their acceleration in their quarter court. Offensively, it's how quickly they get to their action to the second side, understanding rotations. I think they've always tried to play fast and run, and they still continue to do that. But I think Aliyah Boston's adjustment to playing the four. You know, in the beginning of the season, the or a lot of conversation about did Indiana have the four player that they needed to be able to stretch the floor. I look at four players in two ways. One as stretch fors which can shoot. The three are hybrid fors, which can shoot it and make decisions. Eliah Boston can do both of those, and I think her fitness, her ability to get it off the glass and go, we don't really need an outlet pass. Timpson might be the one that might, you know, dribble two or three times, but everyone else can initiate the offense and that gets you going faster, and the harder you run the floor, the quicker you create mismatch opportunities. And the Fever are doing that really well, and Dallas will do that well tonight is what also.
Speaker 9: She of course sees the game at a higher level than I do. But the Fever word to your point five and five through ten games. They're sixteen and seven since and when I look at it, I don't see one area that's dramatically improved. But when you look at the fever at the beginning of the year, I mean, Kelsey Mitchell has stepped up her game to another worldly level. Right now, the backcourt that you're seeing of Caitlin Clark and Kelsey Mitchell is historically good. It's, in my opinion, the best of back court has ever played in the history of the league. They were playing good at the beginning of the year, really good, all star level good. But now they're playing superstar, historic good. The defense at the beginning of the year was in the bottom three or the bottom four. It's found its way to midpack. So I think it's a lot of areas that have taken a step or two forward, and all of those things have added up.
Speaker 10: You see how excited Pat and I are the team. I mean, there's so much good when you look at the through a hoops lens and you think about how much this team continues to evolve, and Kelsey Mitchell is just unreal. I mean, I've never seen a player quicker in the women's game with the ball in her hands. I'm trying to go and give you a comparison. I make the comparison all the time on the air, and Pat laughs because he knows what I'm going to say. We know each other's comments. You know, Kelsey plays a game like a running back. You got to play the game low to high. If you're coaching little kids in defense, you're not telling them, you know, worried about all these boss greens and all this different schematic stuff that you do. What you tell him is stay between your man in the basket and get your shoulders lower than the person you're guarding. Okay, Well, Kelsey Mitchell plays the game low in every aspect.
Speaker 1: She has got her shoulder pads over.
Speaker 10: Her thigh pads like she's hitting the offensive line, and when she gets to the paint, she powers through and finishes. She's got great explosion, she's got quickness. And I always say, you know, nobody plays.
Speaker 1: The game like that.
Speaker 10: And there are more players in the league right now that can make the defense wrong no matter what you throw at them. They have a counter or a solution. Indiana has three players like that. Not every team has three like that, and that's part of the reason why they're so powerful on the offensive end.
Speaker 2: I think with her, and I've always said this about left handed players.
Speaker 1: I think that jacks people love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can go through the scattering report and say, hey, Kelsey Mitchell is left handed. But when you get out there and it's the heat of the moment, I just think naturally you tend to lean right handed every time. I just think the left handers have, especially one with that much quickness off the dribble, has a significant advantage in that category.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. And here's the other thing.
Speaker 10: It's too movable for uss trying to stop the other right like because back in the day you used to catch it triple threat and wait for the screen. Okay, today we're not doing that. You're already on the move when you catch it. So if Kelsey's already got her feet going and moving, so when she catches it and then you come to close out.
Speaker 1: Forget about it.
Speaker 10: I don't care who it is defensively, how big or tall, or how quicker long you are, you're not going to stop her. She has a counter and a solution to all those.
Speaker 2: Well, and two of the balls on the other side of the floor Kayla Clark has.
Speaker 1: It, and she's decision making.
Speaker 2: You've got decisions yourself to make, and Kelsey Mitchell is going to take advantage of any late clothes out.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it just I don't know what other teams are going to be able to do when the Fever are working at optimum offensive condition here, because when she gets the ball, you get that late close out and you're just way too out of control that you can't do anything with it anyway. But when you're out of control on that close you got no chance.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing for me working with Pat, this is why when you have great partners, you know each other's skill set. And Pat is so good at historically keeping us on track with records and what's coming next in the milestone. And so today I was looking at Kelsey's threes because she's got ninety seven. Three other times she's made one hundred threes. The single season record is held by Sabrina Yonescu at New York She's made one hundred and twenty eight. So Kelsey Mitchell is on track to pass that. And then you talk about when we're talking about closeouts, right, we don't even talk about our ability to shoot the three. So that's what makes her just really unguardable and fun to watch, right, I mean, how much fun.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 2: So w Nli, Pat Boiler and Alex Lamantes here we're a pivot bar and balcony before the Fever play the wings coming up later on tonight. My theory is this, and I passed this along to the Pacer fans out there. This Fever team reminds me so much Pat of the Pacer teams going back a couple of years when their best defense was so much of a better pushing the pace offense. And everybody wants to say I love to play at that pace until they have to play at that pace.
Speaker 1: And they can't.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the determination teams have to take playing the Fever. They push it off of makes they push it off of missus.
Speaker 1: And you may want to play that way, but when you.
Speaker 2: Get out there and you have to play both ins, you're maybe not capable of doing it.
Speaker 1: The Fever take advantage of that.
Speaker 9: There are eerie parallels, in my opinion, between the last couple of healthy Pacers teams and this Indiana Fever team. I mean, first of all, you've got maybe the best passer in the world on the NBA side and on the WNBA side, the best vision in this city, and playing in that building, and their ability to get the outlet pass to get the ball ahead. As Debbie's talking about, you know, how quickly do you get into your quarter court?
Speaker 8: All of that is very, very similar.
Speaker 9: But also this pace of play and the other thing that strikes me, and the Pacers had such success doing this, and it's why I can't wait to get to the playoffs and I can't wait to hopefully get into a longer series. So in the WNBA, Round one is best of three, Round two's best of five. If you get to the finals, it's best of seven. How often did we see the Pacers that where down effect almost became cliche, It almost became something that you got tired of hearing because so many people talked about it. But as a series wore on and as it got longer, they wore teams down with their pace. And so to me, I look at the playoffs coming up, and by the way, things are so compact in the in the WNBA standings right now, the fever could be anywhere from two to eight. So these games down the stretch are exceedingly important. But to me, the first round, if you're looking at it from a fever perspective, is almost the scariest. You typically think of that being your easiest round, but as you get into hopefully round two and hopefully into the finals, beating this team four times or beating this team three times is going to be extremely difficult. That first round series that's best of three, to me is almost the scariest one because there's a higher margin for error. But when you have Caitlin Clark and Kelsey Mitchell and Leah Boston beating that trio three or four times is going to be exceedingly difficult that they can get themselves into those scenario.
Speaker 10: We do not want to be in the four or five game. Sure, no, it cannot be there anywhere, but there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also will allude to the fact that you know, taking time off is weird.
Speaker 10: For pace that could be an issue your conditioning, that is weird.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned the Pacers. You saw the Knicks win a title, an NBA title this year. The Pacers were not involved in that. Obviously off their nineteen win season, but what do they do? They affected their season by a just to what the Pacers had taught them the last two years. They fired their coach, brought in Mike Brown. He solidified the bench and made sure they had more bench support, and they were ready to play teams like the Pacers with a higher pace, and they utilized their bench, and they didn't wear down. Mike Brown didn't wear down that team. By Christmas, they were fresh and ready to go in the postseason. And to me, that was all aspects that the Pacers taught them in again that season in which they were out of it because they were compromised by injuries with nineteen wins.
Speaker 9: And I think we've had this conversation on your show before, but if you look at Stephanie White coach teams as well, this tends to be the trend. The twenty fifteen Indiana Fever were a win away from a WNBA championship. They nearly had a shocking upset of one of the greatest dynasties in WNBA history, the Minnesota Links, who had four Olympians. They got to the decisive game five on the shoulders of Tamika Catchings and on the shoulders of Stephanie White and some other good players. But they were not the same level of team as Minnesota was. But the point here is that team started three and six and ended up in a decisive Game five of the finals. And if you look at Stephanie White coached WNBA teams over the course of her albeit still fairly young WNBA career, the trajectory is always going like this by the end of the season, including last year's team. Last year's team lost Caitlyn Clark and then it took them, naturally a long time to figure out how to win without her, but then they're in overtime to go to the WNBA Finals. So I think that's one trend line of Stephanie White coach teams that you have to give her a ton of credit for is they don't always start well, but they tend to be playing this level of ball at the end of the year. That three weeks off is a little scary, I think if you're a Fever fan, because they're playing so well. But I was a little worried about All Star Break two, and they played great going into the All Star Break and played great coming out of it too.
Speaker 1: It's layers, It's what I said before.
Speaker 10: It's adding pieces slowly figuring out what you need with your personnel, what you're capable of doing, and sticking with some of the habits that you know are going to be pivotal to be able to win.
Speaker 3: I totally agree to your point about Leah Boston really kind of coming into that number four role. I mean, from your perspective, what are some of the things that some of the key things that you think she had to change about her game from shifting into that role.
Speaker 10: What do you think if you look at Eleiah Boston from her freshman year at the University of South Carolina and Dawn Staley won a championship with her, if you look at what she's become since I don't ever remember her dribbling the ball up the floor or doing anything but reversing it on the top of the floor offensively. They would bring her away from contact, diver back, and just overpower teams. Now, her fitness is at the best if you think about it, this is her fourth year in the league, so her fitness is where it needs to be to play the pace. She can shoot the three, which she couldn't do and didn't do. I mean, she just didn't do it in college. I don't know if she could or not, she may have taken a few. And I was there the game that she took her very first three in a college game against Connecticut in Columbia.
Speaker 1: I was calling that.
Speaker 10: Game, so I remember when she did it. But to watch her evolve and see how much time she's put in to be able to shoot the three, that changes everything. Now you remember Caitlin's rookie year, it was a lot of middle ball screen, middle third action, okay, because that's what Aleiah could do. And then basically she is only running free throw line to free throw line, okay. So you're asking her now to do a little bit of everything, and she has stepped up, and her fitness and her conditioning is the first place that I would would say.
Speaker 1: And then her her complete skill set.
Speaker 10: I mean she handles like a guard, She changes pace, she slices the floor, She does all the things that guards would do up the floor and transition, and for us six five women, we just don't have many that can do that.
Speaker 2: I just think about high ball screen action and kind of in terms of how Halliburton ran that with Miles here, but Leah Boston adds much many more layers in this case. But the high ball screen action where Kaylen Clark has the opportunity to dissect the defense with either her threat offensively or her incredible passing. And then when you think about Kelsey Mitchell being on the other side, those are the late closeouts we're talking about. I mean, you skip past it to Kelsey Mitchell and then you've got to really late close out with the help defense being out of position, and you would think that the other teams have no chance. Do we see enough of the high ball screen action because it seems like sometimes maybe I want a little bit more, But I think maybe I'm a little bit selfish in that category.
Speaker 10: I always want a little bit more with shooters in the corner, just because I think the way we're shooting the basketball right now from three Eleiah Boston leads the league, Sophie is second, and Kelsey is fourth, that we have three players that are top five in the league and shooting the three right now.
Speaker 1: So here's the other action that.
Speaker 10: I think is unguardable besides that, because now, where are you gonna help, where's the help gonna come from? How are you gonna guard the ball screen? What are you gonna do with a Liah she's more of a pop or a roll. She's like fifty to fifty now, and I think she likes to pop because she can make plays on the top of the floor. But when Indiana runs the wide pin down action where it's Boston, instead of going down the lane line to set the screen, they set the pin down wide and Kelsey is gonna get to her left hand.
Speaker 1: So if you top block.
Speaker 10: That, which means you sit on top of Kelsey so you cannot allow her to use the screen, then she ninety cuts you on the baseline and she's too fast.
Speaker 1: They're gonna score.
Speaker 10: And the other side of the floor has three shooters on it, so you can't pinch, and we got the defense of three second rules, so there's a lot of space now if Kelsey, if you let Kelsey use the screen, she is going to curl to the nail, and when she gets to the nail, she's either gonna going left, she's gonna pull them into the jumper, or she's gonna hit a Leah over the top for a pick and roll action. And we could run that all game, and I'm telling you, nobody's going.
Speaker 1: To stop that. You can't stop it. Yeah, No, I completely agree.
Speaker 2: I think when kaylink foks at her best, she's dissecting, looking for her own, hunting her own I think when teams get her, they get her like the third level, the third level of decision making. If it's not her looking for her own offense or her finding somebody else, when she has to stop and then pivot back, I think that's when the defense takes the advantage. I love the fact that they go at it and try to go at it so early offensively, every single possession.
Speaker 10: I mean in the first ten eight to ten seconds of the shot clock.
Speaker 1: There's usually a shot going up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's fast, and it's hard to keep up with pat.
Speaker 1: It's so much pacial like. It really is pacial like.
Speaker 8: It's amazing.
Speaker 9: The parallels between the two teams are amazing. And the other thing I want to say about Aleah Boston is there's a level of selflessness to her game. Because of how well Kelsey Mitchell and Caitlin Clark can play a Leah Boston could go on another team and be a twenty point per game score and be the the center, focal point and all of that, but her willingness I think to at times take a half step back of what she's capable of. Because of what Kelsey Mitchell and Caitlin Clark are doing, I think needs to be noticed and spotlighted as well, because when you have three players like this, sometimes you see it work out great the Miami Heat. Sometimes you see it work out horribly. The recent Phoenix suns is the best example I can think of. It's working really well in part because everybody's willing to play a specific role, and oftentimes that's a little bit less than they're capable of.
Speaker 8: But for the betterment of the team.
Speaker 2: Can you believe the NBA put the Pacers on the road and Tyrish Holleverns return. Who did that? It's disappointing who did that in New Orleans of all places too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody gives two craps. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 9: If you could have said no, if you could have said, what's what is maybe the least pro file opening night you could have picked at New Orleans might be.
Speaker 2: Well, But think about this, the home opener. You're going to have Green County up in here with Dusty May There you.
Speaker 9: Go, there, you go to They were just waiting for your guy to come to the building and let me let me.
Speaker 1: Talk about guys. You guys better order more beer because home opener.
Speaker 8: Here's the deal.
Speaker 9: That first game that Tyrese Halliburton steps back on this floor right across the street, it's going to be special and it was going to be an event and a moment regardless of if it was game one, game three, whatever.
Speaker 8: So would you like to open it home?
Speaker 9: Of course, But to me, that moment doesn't lose any luster just because it's game two.
Speaker 2: So, Pat, what have you decided as far as your content provider? Have we decided that yet?
Speaker 5: Hopeful?
Speaker 1: Is that your decision? You know what?
Speaker 8: For some reason, they don't let me in the room.
Speaker 1: I haven't a text that he wanted to see. If you can, like give me an inside, but he hasn't.
Speaker 9: For good reason, they don't let me in the room. Eddie would probably be a good contact. I am hopeful that there will be information to be shared soon, but that would be for people that are smarter than me and know that.
Speaker 2: These next two years are some of the more impactful years that we have ever been around, this Pacer team, this organization, these next two years because there's a little bit after that, there's a little bit of money, a little bit of mystery, but these next two years are the ones. So I think everybody's banking on this team to be and accomplish ultimately what we had hoped it would have done the year before.
Speaker 8: Last, no question.
Speaker 9: And you know, go back quickly to the TV partner concept. You know, we've been so fortunate to share with WTHR here locally because that has given us a massive outlet for the Fever to be on and they are just tremendous partners and the Pacers have put games on WTHR as well, So that's been a tremendous partnership. And you're in a window here, You're in a window with both teams at the same time where you say, if things break your way, you've got realistic championship hopes. Now on the NBA, there's a lot of teams that feel that way, and frankly, there's probably more in the WNBA that there's ever been as well. I mean, I mean Washington is in eighth right now and they are only a couple games out of fourth. So both leagues have a lot of teams that feel that way. But you've got windows right now for both teams where I think they look at it, and they say, if we accomplish what we think we can accomplish, it means going back to the NBA Finals and winning one. It means going to the WNBA Finals and winning one. And you don't get those windows very often and rarely do they coincide with each other from a WNBA and an NBA perspective, and both teams will have a lot of work to get there, but both teams are firmly in those windows.
Speaker 2: We're trying to get everybody on board here the Fever of the Pacers and the Colts, because we need some winning.
Speaker 1: We need some consistency in winning right here.
Speaker 9: You know, I grew up and part of the reason I think I found this career is because I grew up in the perfect time to be a kid in Indianapolis.
Speaker 8: I'm a nineties kid.
Speaker 9: Pay I had Reggie Miller and the Pacers runs to the finals, and the Pacers Nicks and Pacers Bulls. I had Peyton Manning and we all know the Colts runs. Tamika Catchings comes into town in the early two thousands, and the Fever are consistently very very good, and they win a championship in twenty twelve, as well. I mean, it was the perfect time to be a kid here, and that's when you're at your biggest sports fandom. And so I always think of, you know, the kids now that are that are in the eight to fifteen window, and I hope.
Speaker 1: We're getting there. I feel like big ass losers. I think.
Speaker 2: I feel bad about that. But like the last ten years, Jesus, the Colts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well the Pacers wor the Pacers. The Pacers run the finals.
Speaker 9: Recently, the Fever had this Caitlin Clark era that has brought in just a completely different, you know, level of interest to the The.
Speaker 1: Colts have to pick up the slack a little bit here.
Speaker 9: You know, we're saying, I am no Colts expert, but I am a Colts fan. So I hope that that continues.
Speaker 2: Well, I think everybody knows that all this is gonna be lumpd a meat bad.
Speaker 9: You're all good, That's what I'm trying to do it least, But I'm trying to get them going too, because we need that.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, the fans have been here for a while. I mean, you're kind of ready to back up what you're doing.
Speaker 2: The Pacers have done it and Hopefully they do it in the next two years, especially in the feverless season.
Speaker 8: And the Colts were doing it at the start of last year.
Speaker 9: I mean, that was really exciting to watch the beginning of that, and then injuries happened and some bad luck and all of that.
Speaker 8: So hopefully they can. You know, you're talking about another team.
Speaker 9: Hopefully you pick up now where you left off when things felt good.
Speaker 2: See in the voice of reasons, Pat Boiling right now exactly. That's why he's a great part keeps me out of trouble. All right, Do you mind, Debbie Antonelly, Pat Boiling here? Do you mind if I ask you about the pregame presser on Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Sure them Steph on the other side too, and we'll see if we will agree on that coming up next.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're a pivot Bar and balcony. Alex Lamantes, Pat Boiler, Wi Antonelli. We got a lot more for you till the top of the hour we go. We'd love to see you here before the wings and the fever. This is your destination. It is pivot Bar and Balcony. We'll come back, I'll give something away, We'll hang out and talk a little bit more. About hoop and whatever piques our interests. Coming up next ninety three to five one on seventy five The Fan