Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Frames Second Podcast. I am your host with the Evening. My name is Mike.
Speaker 3: Next to me, I have Nick. What's up?
Speaker 2: Across from Nick, I have Spike, and next Spike, I have Ken and we are talking about best and worst movie sequels. And all right, the way I looked at it.
Speaker 3: Is three apiece.
Speaker 2: We'll make this quick. We'll have to give super explanations for every single movie. But let's go ahead and start with best sequels. You want to go Do you want to go three best and then three worst? Or you want to go one best, one worst, one best, one worse.
Speaker 3: What would you rather do?
Speaker 2: We could do all go three three words?
Speaker 3: All right, We're gonna start with you, Nick.
Speaker 2: What is the first movie that came to mind when you thought about best sequels? It has to be The Dark Knight for me. That's the first one.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's fine, Dark Knight. Anybody got any issues with that one?
Speaker 4: No, No, that's one of the ones that I have on my list. They love that movie?
Speaker 3: Well, damn, there's one of Ken's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's wildly renowned. Is one of the best sequels. And I agree with he Let his performance. Yeah, fire, all right.
Speaker 2: Well you want to go ahead and throw years out, Spike, yep, Friday After Knicks holds up. Okay, what you got man, don't let play.
Speaker 5: That's one of the best, that closes out one of the grand film history.
Speaker 6: Yeah you think that after those like the first one, obvious classic, second one, probably you can. Well you said sequel, so I'm gonna say next Friday.
Speaker 3: No, it's still a sequel. Yeah, okay, Friday After.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't expect it to be that good classic scene with Cat Williams and your boy I'm a wed damon, Like, I just think it held up to close out that series and the other two being so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, Bookie.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I'm trying to remember two thing because I thought that was to with Mike Ups. Oh indeed she got all they okay, yeah, never mind, all right?
Speaker 3: And then the third one was Christmas, got it the Greatest Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Baby, you know babyd oh that ship was funny?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh, since you already got rid of one of yours, can you want to give a different one?
Speaker 1: Uh? Sure, sure, I'll go with.
Speaker 4: Logan because I think it concludes the Wolverine trilogy. Even though it was under a different type.
Speaker 1: What was it done? Right? It was?
Speaker 2: It was the it was X Men Origins, Wolverine, then it was the Wolverine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then it was Logan.
Speaker 2: I never even thought about Logan being a sequel, but I guess it is.
Speaker 3: It was the same studio, same actors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the Wolverine and then Logan. Yeah, it's one of the rare movies I can watch.
Speaker 2: The Wolverine is ready to rewatch what as a as an action movie alone, not not the story.
Speaker 5: The story goes goofy, but he that trains scend is.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. They ruined one of the best X Men stories. I agree. I will never forgive them.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought that movie was gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Me too. I love that story.
Speaker 5: They did that ship they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, we did, we did. We did a review of that one.
Speaker 4: So we actually got a full review of that Logan of Logan. Yeah, we haven't done the Wolverine, but yeah. So if people want to hear our thoughts from now, go check out the review.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna go ahead and throw my first one out. This one was obvious ones.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'll just throw it out there, but Empire strikes back.
Speaker 1: It's my.
Speaker 3: A anyways.
Speaker 1: I was just.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite Star Wars movie, and I will go to my grave saying that it did everything that the first film did just ten times better. And I can still remember as a kid finding out that Darth Fader was Luke's father and feeling like my entire world was just wrong.
Speaker 3: How is this possible? Why do they be saying that he didn't say that in the movie. He doesn't say Luke, I'm your father. He just says Luke. No, he just said that.
Speaker 2: He doesn't say Luke, doesn't I don't think he says Luke, I think I am your father, But people always say Luke, I'm your father.
Speaker 3: He didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a word for that. I forgot what they call it, though, fact.
Speaker 3: That I thought was a mandala. I thought it was racist to say it.
Speaker 6: They talked about it, I guess it. They talked about that in Peacemaker, bear Stein bars.
Speaker 3: That's actually right.
Speaker 1: Who was right?
Speaker 3: Tasty? She was right. It's not Steen, it's Stain.
Speaker 1: But it didn't used to be that way.
Speaker 3: It did. It was always that way. His niggas. I had books broy. It was always the thing.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 3: I'm like when I first heard this, I was you too, National Publishers out, all the kids, all the bears, smoke crack. Somebody smoke crack because I know that way. It was smoking the bear she went there. It wasn't porridge, it was crack.
Speaker 2: It was halfway hour. So oh ship, Okay, Well moving on, Nick, what is your second one? This is not gonna be something that you're gonna like it, But for the streets, they know what I'm talking about, and this is for the best sequels, right yea, yeah, Li King to Symbols Pride, Get the funk out.
Speaker 3: Listen. You know I was gonna have some pushback. It was so good.
Speaker 2: The soundtrack alone was added into the Broadways play because I want.
Speaker 3: To go see it. Talking about the just came out recently, No, it's.
Speaker 2: Like since since the since the sequel came out. They added the songs.
Speaker 3: From the Now the sequel recently came out. That is what I'm saying. What came out Talking about the live action Okay, no about.
Speaker 5: The live actional I'm talking about the actual animation.
Speaker 2: One yeah, line Key to Simbers Pride, fire ass right now, bro fire ass.
Speaker 1: He he hated.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know it was a lion came to.
Speaker 1: Either, I did.
Speaker 3: That was the day years old when I was I was inspired. I though talking about the live action tell you, I thought she was talk about the street.
Speaker 1: There was a reason the streets.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: The streets?
Speaker 6: All right, This one might piss you off, Mike. I don't know if anybody else wasted time Barbershop to Blair Witch Too.
Speaker 3: I'm with you with me.
Speaker 6: I was so surprised that it was like the story of it. The ending was really good. It was drastic turn from the first. Yes, drastic turn. Yeah, exactly, so Blair Wish Too. If you know about it, I haven't watched it, It's definitely worth the watch.
Speaker 2: Blair Wisch two is excellent. It's just not a good Blair Witch movie. It's just a good horror horror movie mis Witches and Ship. It's really good and it's very weird, very weird.
Speaker 3: But no you spike facts.
Speaker 1: John Wick two. I think the Yeah, yeah, I think it's it's it's I don't know if it's.
Speaker 5: Better, Like it's a step up from John Wick.
Speaker 3: That's that's common and he loved common.
Speaker 6: Ass being a common actor.
Speaker 3: Thing is crazy.
Speaker 5: The shooting scene in the.
Speaker 3: Moment, we're not saying it it's better than the original.
Speaker 2: I wasn't saying that either. Try to like it was a step further, like up to you, like it wasn't just gonna last.
Speaker 3: On the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: I need to go through those movies again one day when I'm getting bored.
Speaker 3: All right, my second one, Aliens.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm probably the only person to hear that cares, but you know, yeah, I think that Aliens is my favorite of the franchise, and it definitely stepped up from the first one, even though they're drastically different films. The first one is more of like a like a slasher in space, and the second one is more of a actiony horror movie.
Speaker 3: What's What's wrong?
Speaker 1: That's not the one with the army, is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, yeah, you don't like that one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah that movie.
Speaker 2: It's so fucking good, every moment of it in Bill Paxton to the day I die.
Speaker 3: It's tam over man.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good. But yeah, that's mine. All right, So we're going to the last one. What you got Nick for your third one for best Sequels, Best Sequels, I'm probably gonna go with.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I thought about X Men two and I was like, no again, I can't, I said, I thought about it all right, but no, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Come back to me, come back to you. I got, I got a narrow down all right, Spike?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 6: I colored outside of the lines a little bit and with TV show it can it?
Speaker 3: Can a prequel be considered a sequel? No, it's part two. You've seen the other movie before.
Speaker 2: Bro, That's one of the that's one of the greatest questions passed on this past thing.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, y'all need to consider that. God, a prequel can be a sequel because it.
Speaker 2: Came three b one question.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't about the long think about it, about the logic of it. It came out after the original.
Speaker 3: Sequel. It's just based it's just based before it.
Speaker 1: I see where you're going, but I don't know it's I.
Speaker 3: Think it's true. But Spike, there's no way for a movie.
Speaker 2: To come out before another movie and be considered a prequel.
Speaker 3: What you mean a prequel could come out after the original.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, is that's not the sequel you're saying came out after.
Speaker 3: Like, think about.
Speaker 2: It, the original Star Wars, Right, it's technically a prequel to Empire Strikes Back, Right.
Speaker 3: But no one would call it a prequel because it was first.
Speaker 6: But it came out first, right, I'm talking about if the original comes out first.
Speaker 4: I thought about if the if the movie came out after the original movie. Technically know what he's saying, but I say, there's no way for that to be different. Prequel movies typically they call them prequels because they come after and they're based before. It's not building on the infam but they still exactly.
Speaker 6: I can give you an example. Please, thank you. This was my welcome Better Call Saw.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it.
Speaker 6: Better Call Saw builds on the information that you have from Baking Breaking Bad, but it was set before that.
Speaker 3: It's not a SEC and it came out after. It's not a just like how the Dream.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling this is gonna be an interesting debate in the commons.
Speaker 5: Set ye because he went all the way off for films and went to TV.
Speaker 3: Yes, we know what some function I want to pix. I want to mix title alone.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I'm gonna go anyway real quick.
Speaker 2: A definition of a sequel a literary work, film, or other creative piece that continues the narrative of a previous work, often with the same characters and setting.
Speaker 3: That doesn't gonna follow that character.
Speaker 1: No, all of it.
Speaker 6: Everything that I better call better call saut falls onto all of it. It builds on the characters the same as a continuous story.
Speaker 3: It does continue to it continues the story. For song. That's not building build It built on the character.
Speaker 2: Not building, it's set, he said, building on the character. I know only only on this podcast. I swear to God, only on this podcast. When you get this conversation, we have the important talks. We get to the bottom of.
Speaker 1: Toy Story three is my third.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: You like, like, I just don't know, hon hit you right here, Bro, No, that's iconic.
Speaker 3: Bro, iconic.
Speaker 2: I don't know how y'all tolerate Woody. He is the worst character I think I'm seeing anything. He's so fun buzz irritated. I like, budd really irritated me.
Speaker 3: Woody, oh my, he's such a little bitch.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, come on, come on, good.
Speaker 1: Did that There were people around doing the toy story thing.
Speaker 3: What's the toy story like stopping?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like adults they're toys, but if adults come around, they pretend like.
Speaker 1: They're do that. Yeah, it was. It was weird.
Speaker 3: It was a treat on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I take that back. That's not fucking dors. I think it's probably pretty funny. But no, I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Okay anyway, that was That was it.
Speaker 3: And he's gonna miss again? Oh are we on the third one?
Speaker 1: That right?
Speaker 2: No, you go ahead, Nick, yeahs of the time between he cheating fight already opened the gate. Uh, terminated too, that's a good one, and uh Captain America when it's okay, Terminator two is good that they're both good ones because the first Captain America was so trash that that that that's another category you can talk about, like a sequel that improved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: A good because like when the Soldier like bro that you could just watch that cold I to me without knowing much better to you and just be like, this is a great movie.
Speaker 3: You've never well win You're Soldiers one of the best, in my opinion, one of the best. Marvel watch you love that movie three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's detailed, there's a lot of espionage store it's good Spike, all right. My last one, this was an easy one for me. Evil Dead two. Evil Dead two is one of the greatest zombie horror and it's a horror comedy. It's one of the very few that I actually enjoy. But I think it built so much on Evil Dead one that whenever anybody thinks of Evil Dead, they only think of Evil Dead two. And it's one of my all time favorite horror movies. So that definitely goes on the list. And I can tell nobody here has seen it.
Speaker 3: I've heard of it. You talked about it. I'm surprised mentioned Endgame, but that I thought about that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, we only had three splots. Slots, all right, So now we're gonna talk about worst sequels. Everybody has three. I guess I'm gonna go ahead and kick this off, Joker to folly your doodoo trashest sequels.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I've ever seen it was? You said it like the trash, fucking trash it was. It was.
Speaker 2: It may have to put it's a one time watch, only I may have to put on. It's not that bad.
Speaker 3: It's that bad. It's not that bad.
Speaker 2: But I like musicals though, the fact that there was a musical wasn't the problem.
Speaker 3: The fact that they had no story and it went nowhere.
Speaker 2: Well, oh it's so trash. So that's my that's my first one. And obviously Nick disagrees. Spike's never seen it, and can, I think agrees. So Nick, what's your first one? It has to be Matrix Reloaded.
Speaker 3: Mmm, I couldn't. I don't think that the first one. That's the second one. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: The third one was Matrix Revolution.
Speaker 3: He liked.
Speaker 1: The third one.
Speaker 2: That's when they were sucking in the in the in the in the cave down below.
Speaker 3: I remember is that folks were like dancing. I watch it that but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got the Is that the one when they were flying in the sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The second one?
Speaker 4: No, No, it was the third one, right. The third one is the one that's bad.
Speaker 3: After the first one.
Speaker 2: The rest are bad, but the second you didn't know how bad the franchise would go down to reload it came out.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: There's the one where people just hate. I think it was Revolutions. Was the revolution one?
Speaker 3: And nothing else exists.
Speaker 2: I think the third one is when they go down below and that's when the little machines were drilling into the It.
Speaker 3: Was called like what's the Rastafarian word for, like almost like paradise, and I thought it.
Speaker 4: Was, oh, yeah, Revolutions is because I have I have a Matrix movie on here as Revolutions.
Speaker 5: That I didn't even bother with them.
Speaker 2: Remember the third one, second one.
Speaker 4: Was yeah, but the third one is when they're flying in the sky and ship like that.
Speaker 1: At the time, I was like, you know, it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that bad at the end of the first one, right, yeah, but they're doing all kind of like weird crazy ship that kind of really went away from the premise.
Speaker 3: I don't think none of the Matrix boots was good.
Speaker 4: I don't think I hadn issue with the second one, but I did have I did have the third one on my family, So that's one of my three.
Speaker 6: Okay, Spike, what you got coming to America too? Left left it alone.
Speaker 3: Nobody in there seemed like they cared other than to get the check. It just was not good. It's just a piece of e p that could have just left it, never touched it again.
Speaker 2: I cannot remember if I liked it or not, you did. Definitely I didn't like it. You didn't I reviewed it, you said you did. I definitely did not like it coming to America. But I do like the fact that they It kind of is like a It gives James L. Jones a send off, you know, he act, So I like it from that standpoint, But yeah, outside of that, now damn all right, Well, let me go ahead and give my second one for worst sequels, Wonder Woman nineteen eighty four, after thinking the first one really wasn't bad, the second one was garbage, fucking.
Speaker 3: Garbage that sounded like a prequel. Next, Pedro Pascal was in Wonder Woman Villa. I don't even remember. It was so ass all. I remember she was swinging on lightning and I was like, oh my god, get this ship.
Speaker 5: Fought the Cheetah and pitch Black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so ridiculous, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And it really highlighted just how bad of a fucking actor, uh Gal Gadat is so yeah, trash movie what you got for your second one?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 5: And it's a problematic storyline too, because she was sleeping with somebody who.
Speaker 3: Was who he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, space Jam a new legacy.
Speaker 3: M I never saw the first one that was on my list.
Speaker 2: Trying to take a Michael. He tried to make his own air Jordan's basically I didn't go. Yeah, involved don cheato of our people into it as well.
Speaker 1: All fall, you're talking about garbage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like watching I don't even know what it's like watching bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just trash.
Speaker 3: It's like digital TRASHMN.
Speaker 1: Is the definition of try hard. As the kids like to say, well, mm hmmmm.
Speaker 3: Me yep cheapers creepers too. Oh you're tripping. I walked out, absolutely did. I was your first walk out.
Speaker 6: No, ghost Ship was my first walk out. He's tripping on that one too. Yeah, goot Ship has one of the best beginning of anything.
Speaker 1: It does not.
Speaker 3: Have left with the first iconic horror movie. I think Spike got scared.
Speaker 1: He went home. That's what I think.
Speaker 3: Happenedgo Ship was my first walkout.
Speaker 1: This was that.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you the scene that when it was on the bus. Yeah, I got a love movie. I left the.
Speaker 3: Whole movies on the bus.
Speaker 6: They got it when they the bus first stopped and the thing flew up there and then flew up in the because I really I fucked with Jeepers Creepers.
Speaker 3: That was like, that's one of my favorite movies. But part two just was terrible.
Speaker 2: Jeepers Creepers Too has the same effect as Alien to Aliens really, because Jeepers Creepers one was more creepy it was revealed, and then Jeepers Creepers Too is just all.
Speaker 6: Actual straight off the wind. Yeah, bro, I like it, though I didn't. I couldn't do.
Speaker 3: And there's like little little things about racism kind of tied up.
Speaker 6: In there, and I think you get that, good man.
Speaker 3: All right? Did you go for your third?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: But did you wait?
Speaker 1: It's I shared space jam with him for second.
Speaker 2: I kicked off two though, and now we're on Oh, I kick off some dumb Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you already went yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So my last one for worst sequels, this was very fucking easy.
Speaker 3: Rise of Skywalker.
Speaker 2: One of the trashest films ever made, and the fact that it came after one of the other trashest films ever made. I was like, how can you make Ryan Johnson's Honk of Trash be any fucking worse? JJ Abrams took the fucking bet and killed it. Made the worst Star Wars film ever made. Yes, it's worse than fucking Solo. It is absolute trash. I don't understand how the fuck this got greenlit. I feel like a lot of people should have lost their motherfucking jobs off this fucking film. I was so angry walking out this theater, and I will never forgive Kathleen kN Nity, JJ Abrams, Ryan Johnson or George Lucas for what they let happen to.
Speaker 3: Star Wars nerd rant over. Nick.
Speaker 2: First of all, I assume nobody disagrees. Gosh, I'm sure Spike's never seen it. I don't disagree with that. I would have probably said it as well. Yeah he didn't say it trash ass film?
Speaker 3: All right, Nick? What you got for your last one?
Speaker 5: Last one? I probably would say Spider Man three?
Speaker 3: Which one was? That? Was that one with the Rhino, No.
Speaker 5: Doubt, that's amazing, Spider Man two? Spider Man three is the one with the Sandman?
Speaker 3: Oh hob Goblin, Yeah, Mike, you wild. Spider Man two is a great school. But continue, how about Wallay anything? I said that earlier, but go ahead, Nick, Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yes, Spider Man three, which is the closing trilogy of Toky Maguire spider Man, the one that Mike always says he loves.
Speaker 3: You a line.
Speaker 5: H Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It's just especially coming after spider Man two. It just ends on a age fart in the win.
Speaker 3: This is him doing the dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was a thug though now because when Harry threw that bomb at his as.
Speaker 3: His face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he deserved that because he was trying to take his girl and ship.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Spider Man three.
Speaker 3: Gotta uh for me. Speed too. I did not know boat was the speed to until like a couple of days it was a boat.
Speaker 6: Really did not know. I like Speed one. I don't remember being a speed great. I remember being like it was a dope concept it was. And then Speed two was on the boat people no, Keanu Reeves what it was just samra Buller.
Speaker 3: That's some other dude. I can't remember who that was. How they're gonna make her being the same scenario again on a boat with somebody.
Speaker 5: I just remember the boat going on to the landing, like, yeah, the whole city it was.
Speaker 3: It was I'm joking, it was what it sound. I was whack ken what you got for your last one.
Speaker 1: Little free or die hard?
Speaker 5: Not a good day to die?
Speaker 7: Oh that was with his son, right, I remember that one being yeah, yeah, bro, Like if I remember correctly, this is the one where he stopped the helicopter with a car.
Speaker 3: That sounds right?
Speaker 5: Was that on the highway?
Speaker 1: When it was?
Speaker 3: It was some ship? I remember, I was like, bro, what.
Speaker 4: The one of the most ridiculous things hit.
Speaker 3: A helicopter with a truck. I got hold on. I gotta see. It was some.
Speaker 4: Crazy, bro. It was crazy. But yeah, yeah, that's that's my third one.
Speaker 2: All right, well ship, that's our third. That's Ken's third, and we've all got given our thirds. And yeah, let us know what y'all think about these picks. Drop some cop what.
Speaker 1: Drop?
Speaker 2: Dark Phoenix need to be on that list too. Dark Phoenix absolutely should be on that list.
Speaker 3: Was hilarious.
Speaker 2: It was It was a buddy cop larious. The movie itself was fucking garbage. Yeah, they try to patch that movie together. They did, just to just to get it, just to get it done. We gotta say, we brought Dark Phoenix into this ship with some garbage.
Speaker 1: Leave.
Speaker 3: I just seen it. That was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: They leave Jean Gray off the new X Man, at least for the first They won't.
Speaker 3: They won't. She's an integral character, she'll be there. They don't need.
Speaker 2: Her, bro damn because that because at this point, Bro, that ship is just like Bro. Let's get to her a little bit later. When y'all got established what y'all is now, I think they got under control. It's gonna be a couple of years before we get X Men. Anyway, the time sixty exactly exactly. All right, y'all, let us know what we left off, and let us know what you agree with, and let us know if you like these conversations. Definitely drop us some topics, man, because these are these are fun and we'd like to keep doing them, but we're not creative enough to come up with our own. So let us know what you're I'll think, and we will see y'all next time we out