Speaker 1: Ra jy'all was still talking about it.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all, y'all hit us up, man, y'all blowing this my phone up, talking about these dog on having a friendship of someone of the opposite sex, and Afrita said that she gonna have to have a what you said, mustache.
Speaker 3: And whatever gotta be real big mustache, no teeth. Oh my god, freheaded scaley way, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hand bag all that something got to be wrong with her. I understand that. I wish you should have put that in a minute. What you're talking about, bro, like some thunder what you're looking at? I don't want your phone. The show ain't listen.
Speaker 2: Last week, we talked about the new dress call at sik University. The school will now prohibit students from wearing things like bonnets, do rags, house shoes, and revealing clothes in the classroom, uh, in the cafeteria and in official settings. The university president, doctor Mark Brown, says that the new guy lines will help the students prepare for professional environments after graduation. But the students at the university have now entered the check. Now, oh you want to talk about a dress code like oh, they say, oh, you want to talk about a dress code when we're in a whole housing crisis. Uh, they say, instead of worrying about bunnets, the schools should be prioritizing their housing and financial problem. Junior class president Leah Purnell says, Uh, the students have recently dealt with bats in their dorms and some freshmen were even, Uh, you know, we're even previously placed off campus and off campus hotel because of their housing issues.
Speaker 1: So the students have so do the students have a point?
Speaker 2: Should the university do be more focused on issues like housing than a dress code?
Speaker 1: Are? My thing is why not?
Speaker 4: Both students are not wrong or whatever, but if they if you got to stay in a hotel, just make sure you don't have no damn bundy on when you get the campus to go to your class.
Speaker 2: You know that one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. You know what I'm saying, And I understand. Uh, those students are absolutely correct about having bats in the dorm in housing christs, I think all universities dealing with housing crisis or whatever. They are overbooked or have so many students coming, but they don't have enough space spaces in the dorm.
Speaker 1: I have to deal with that all the time, trying to help.
Speaker 2: Nieces and nephews get into the dorms and stuff. I really get that and understand what are.
Speaker 1: You all thoughts.
Speaker 5: I agree with you they should listen.
Speaker 3: Just because you're staying an off shoot hotel or just because there's other issues with the school, don't make another issue by by dressing, you know, like you're at a house, like you just got out of bed, just got out of the shower.
Speaker 5: Dress for the job you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna go to class nicked because it's a bat up in the hallway on Emory four exactly.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, I know we've got a history of hbcu U being underfunded, but you know, recently there's been a lot of people donating a lot of money to a lot of our HBCUs. Not I'm not sure if Tuskegee is one of the ones that received some of his funds. But when our HBCUs received these millions and millions of dollars of donations, do you think some of it is being mismanaged?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: That's a whole, a whole another conversation, but I'm sure, Booker T. Washington when he founded Teskige and and people that went to Tuskeige and worked at Tueski, like George Washington Carver did not have the luxuries that these kids have today.
Speaker 1: And look how nice heist today. Dress.
Speaker 2: I ain't never seen a picture of George Washington Carver h in Booker T. Washington in anything other than dress nice exactly. Let me start talking about that. Imagine their living conditions. They probably did not have dorms. They probably had that that That's the thing, you know, You know, sometimes man, you have to go back to your founders and look at what your founders presented. Uh uh and and and what the university was founded on. How the found I'm just conducted themselves, you know, and and and and follow suit to that, you know, don't don't don't don't. Don't change the history of the history of book T.
Speaker 1: Washington. George Washington Carver was rich.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget uh my freshman year as as as Skegee Muster Wind, I'll never forget mister Wyns.
Speaker 1: The wind took me.
Speaker 2: He said this, this university is rich in black history and uh and he took us over in a van to to Booker T. Washington Grave until the Oaks until the George Washington Carver Museum and George Washington Carver Grave is walking distance from Booker T. Washington to the grave site right there on campus, right next to the chapel.
Speaker 1: And and and it's it's it's sacred.
Speaker 2: It's almost like somebody's standing up on the dude, do not do this in remembrance of me table. You're not allowed to walk across the poor pit freely and touch the do this and rememberance of me table. There are some things that are sacred. You know when when when when when the prayer, when the word is being when the pastor take his text, you close the doors and don't walk while the pastor.
Speaker 1: Taking this stick. That's a sacred moment.
Speaker 2: You don't have people walking and in and out of the doors when people are paying times. And often there are some things as black folks that is sacred and that university man have so much.
Speaker 1: The history is so rich a Tuskeig University.
Speaker 2: You talk about all of the Tuskegee Araben and all this studden Why would you want to why would you want to go to class? Look in any kind of way knowing that people have given their lives and the price that people.
Speaker 1: Paid for us to have what we have today.
Speaker 2: Just out of respect, out of respect for your grandparents and your great grandparents who last name that you carry, and everything that they went through for you to have what you to have, for what for them.
Speaker 1: For you to have what you have and for you to behave a certain kind of way.
Speaker 2: My grandparents then and gone, and man, when I tell you, man, when I go to the grocer store, I can still hear them and want a certain way, speak a certain way, do a certain thing out of respect for them. Honor your mother and your father that your days may be long.
Speaker 1: Honor. Honor means that they're not with you. They don't.
Speaker 2: You have to honor them by doing the things that they taught you, even when they're not around and they're not with you, and honoring Booker T. Washington, George Washington, Carver and all the founders of these historical are historically rich university. Every single HBCU from Miles College to Tuskeg and the A and M to more House to how It to fam You has so much rich history, and so many people have left those universities go on to do great things. And it's our job to carry the torch, if that makes.
Speaker 7: Sense message your sir, college.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And whether you're in a fraternity, whether you're in a sorority, you have to honor with your organization and your university and your church and your households founded on the only thing I know is is Alan Bush and Helen Bush, Ernest and Maddie Smiley and aided me armor and I watched the way my grandparents carried themselves, and it is my job to honor that.
Speaker 1: To not dishonor my grandparents that.
Speaker 2: Worked hard at a you know, at us still plant and these different plans to make sure that that we have what we have today is my job and my responsibility to honor them, To honor the founding, the founders of our Greek organizations and the uh the founders of the nub A c P. You know, in the National Urban League or whatever. You know, mister Mark Morrial carrying the torch of the people that that founded the National Urban League or whatever. What if Mark Morrial went somewhere with a do rag on that that that's not a good look for on which the Urban League was founded on and one hundred men in black and the all all of the the mentoring things for young ladies to honor them.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the one for the black girls? The jack and Jack and Jail?
Speaker 7: Yep, don't wonder what, No wont if somebody showed up at.
Speaker 2: The Jack and Jail event just dressed any kind of way and just inappropriate. It ain't just the bondy sometimes it's the behavior as well.
Speaker 6: And why wouldn't you want to be the best version of yourself? Would want to look nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't nothing wrong with having standards.
Speaker 2: Stop letting this young generation make all of y'all feel guilty for having standards. Standards is a thing. Ain't nothing wrong with that. We have standards in our own We have had had boundaries. Okay, we want to take away boundaries, take the lanes out of the road, take away the stop light.
Speaker 1: That's a boundary. Hell or bra is a boundary. You know.
Speaker 2: Underwear is a boundary to keep everything in place. It's a time and a place for every single thing. It's called a boundary. A door is a boundary keep you from seeing on the other side or staying in a Roomy is structure. It's structure and when there's no I don't know COVID in the misty damn sure coronavirus. When ever since COVID man, everybody lost their damn mind and everything got to be analyzed or whatever, and everything that's wrong has become right, and everything that is right has become wrong.
Speaker 1: And I just don't understand what the argument is about.
Speaker 2: Go to the military with a bunding on, go standing in formation in the military with a bund it on. And that's a problem because all these young people, they need to do two years in the military because it gives you ravior of young people. We can't go to a basketball game. We can't go to a damn football game. We can't go to the fair. You can't go on a cruise ship. They have made the cruise ships affordable so everybody can go, no matter where you're from.
Speaker 1: Can save your money and go and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: And you're out there fighting with bondings and all this stuff. I told my son, Hey, you can't dress like that because every episode of the first forty eight that's what they have on in the room when they're being interrogated for murder. You can't wear that. You can't dress that way. He said, Yes, sir, I understand, and he don't. And I'm not trying to you know what I'm saying, trying to judge anybody, man, But your responsibility in life is to try to get yourself in a better situation so you can enjoy life like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Period. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to be on those soapbox or whatever, but Bible, but our pass has told us for years, do all things decent and in order.
Speaker 8: Entertaining.
Speaker 6: On the freaky smiling morning show page right here, what I what a brickie.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday, August fourth. Here's what's going on in the news. If you're headed to Cuba, maybe don't. The US has issued a security warning for Americans traveling in Cuba as the island grapples with a total power failure over ten million residents or without self service power or water in ninety degree heat. Elsewhere, voting and redistricting are in thistlight today as voters in Michigan, Missouri, Kansas, Virginia, and Washington head to the polls. Everybody's watching Michigan's Democratic Senate and the contest between progressive abdul l said and the establishment back to Congresswoman Haley Stevens that race could indicate which direction Democratic voters wants the party to take ahead of the midterms. Meanwhile, Mississippi is considering new congressional lines after Supreme Court ruling weekend minority voting protections, and in Maryland, Republicans argue a Democratic backed proposal would make redistricting a more partisan the elections and map changes could help determine control of Congress four years. Lastly, y'all, this whole pool saga, it's officially become hilarious, embarrassing, and completely unserious. Trump is reportedly mad at Janine Pirot for she charges against a former olympian accused of.
Speaker 7: Wrecking the pool.
Speaker 5: But she had to after prosecutors.
Speaker 3: Determined it wasn't vandalism at all, and the contractors apparently just watched the liner. So basically they almost prosecuted somebody and sent to jail because the pool guy did a bad job. Trump doubled down though on the vandalism lean Listen.
Speaker 7: The judge was really vicious.
Speaker 2: Instead of going after the people that did it, the judge went after her and went after her department.
Speaker 3: And I guess she choked and these guys knew what they were doing, and they cut all.
Speaker 8: The way along the base cut cutting.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: The video clearly does not show that Trump acknowledge that he wasn't exactly thrilled with the contractor's work, but the situation has reportedly becomes such an embarrassment. The sources say Piro's job could be in jeopardy, but he's still convinced that it's bad. But some people say, listen, Trump just keeps saying the quiet part out loud. Listen to what Kennedy, I can't think of his name, and he's a senator told NBC's Meet the Press.
Speaker 9: I'm going to start with the freshman. Freshman says it was caused by vandals. I don't know whether he really believes that, or it's part of his political messenging, or he's just thinking about out loud.
Speaker 3: Wow, remember on these Ergain Morrig, go, Ricuz Moley, Money Show dot Com.
Speaker 5: Now here's what look at sports Rock.
Speaker 7: Te The sports genius is in the building.
Speaker 6: No man, listen, there's a quarterback battle going down in Cleveland. That's right in Cleveland Brown's training camp between Shador Sanders and Deshaun Watson yes, Deshaun is.
Speaker 7: Still in the league. He's earning two hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 6: Dollars guaranteed from that countract he signed years ago.
Speaker 7: Word is that Shador is balling so far.
Speaker 6: In the meantime, man Lebron James's agent Rich Paul breaks down his opinion on competitive youth sports. These kids are playing way too much basketball, way too much basketball.
Speaker 1: You don't need it.
Speaker 7: We don't need fifteen tournaments.
Speaker 1: You don't need it.
Speaker 7: I can tell a guy who has pro potential in two minutes.
Speaker 5: A lot of injuries are happening a lot earlier too.
Speaker 7: He telling the truth. But there's a balance to it.
Speaker 6: There's a balance to a rig man, because this tournament is all year long.
Speaker 7: There's pros and cons to it.
Speaker 6: Some of the cons is a player can get burned out, a player can get injured because it's hard on the body, expensive for the parents. But some of the pros is opportunities to be showcased in front of a lot of college scouts and the college coaches, more game reps. If you got more game reps on the court, by the fault, you have no choice but to get better. And now it's almost impossible not to be seen and recognized because there's so many opportunities to play.
Speaker 7: So there's a little bit of balance, man.
Speaker 6: And you know, my advice to coaches and getting kids is like, just if you got fifteen tournaments at the end of the year, trying to play at eight of them, you know what I'm saying, eight or nine of them, you're good to go.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be broke, I'm telling you, man, from sitting on them damn hard adventures all. I had to walk out of taekwondo to stretch yesterday. Yeah, aventures. They need some church pews and the taekwondo classes.
Speaker 7: Come on, dog dog, it's uh ol free to sit in there. And for the brat with the hospital, let's get it. Yes, drop it like it's hard, Drop it like it's hard.
Speaker 3: That's hot.
Speaker 1: Come on now, Fred, it's got the hot spot.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 5: Okay, Ricky?
Speaker 3: So first we need to give us special good.
Speaker 5: Morning to our new family members in Louisville.
Speaker 3: The Bill's number one R and B Station Magic one of one point three.
Speaker 5: What's up, y'all?
Speaker 3: So, Asaph Rocky recently sat down for an interview with Jason Lee, and he broke down.
Speaker 5: Why Rihanna is the one listener.
Speaker 8: One thing I have to say about my woman that people don't know.
Speaker 1: She'll realize, Bro, she not one of these.
Speaker 8: Hollywood newbies or whatever the case is, no shade to nobody.
Speaker 1: She really is a strong black.
Speaker 8: Woman, and she held me down even when I was at my lowest. It wasn't really no other broad that could match me. It's don't got nothing to do with her accolades and her money. The truth of the matter is when my dad died, she was dead for me. When I got locked up in Sweden, she was dead for me every time I'm at my lowest and darkest place. Rather if we just friends platonically or we in a couple relationships, she always looking in for me, bro. Genuinely, my dad died on Christmas. I was on my bathroom floor in Paris crying. She called me for some reason to congratulate me in Paris. We both in Paris. I didn't know she was a she know I was in Paris. Shorty rushed to my I don't even know how Rihanna got the key to my room.
Speaker 1: I stopped answering my phone.
Speaker 8: She worked right at that really was my friend, bro.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's deep. That's deep right there.
Speaker 5: That's deep okay.
Speaker 2: And if you ever get a chance, listen to what t I said at the Tiny when they renewed their violes man that.
Speaker 1: That touched me too.
Speaker 5: That's love. Okay.
Speaker 3: If somebody was going to play Harry Belafonte, Ricky, who real quick would.
Speaker 5: You like to see do that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Danni love for sure, Danny.
Speaker 3: No, okay, let me just tell you it's John Legend.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Now we've seen John Legend and other movies like La La Land soul Man and didn't.
Speaker 1: Have to be either. Morgan freed. No, No, I don't want it.
Speaker 5: He's very excited to play this role.
Speaker 7: It's going to be called The Road Home.
Speaker 3: He called Belafonte's life monumental and revolutionary and said it's a privilege to play him. So shooting is underway, but the release date has not yet been announced.
Speaker 5: If you miss anybody of the
Speaker 3: Show, make sure you check it out Ricky Smiley Morning Show podcasts avaiable wherever you do your podcasts, okay, and you can catch me on all my social media at Georgia Alfrida's