Speaker 1: And where we go here?
Speaker 2: Anything you have a chance against us?
Speaker 3: Mister cowboy game food?
Speaker 4: What do you like to do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know, play chess, scowl.
Speaker 2: Sweller's play chef.
Speaker 1: They give off that Jonathan Taylor Chuck cunning its way cooking the goal line.
Speaker 5: These are there puts down and.
Speaker 4: Why Jonathan Taylor railer finds.
Speaker 5: Here's Haliker into the front court mishandled it mcgin Sadie Shot defends.
Speaker 1: It, John for I have never been better to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come true.
Speaker 5: The ride with jmvy on ninety three five and one oh seven five.
Speaker 6: The fan, the hate, the fear mongering, the divisiveness, the stuff that's trying to Hidejack are We will not win.
Speaker 5: It won't win.
Speaker 6: We are united, we are connected, we will not be divided. Every day these women put there on the line every day when they go low, we go high. Love will win, grace will win, humility will win, and kindness will win. I stand by them. I will always stand by them. Everybody else can go to hell.
Speaker 1: That's Stephanie White from last night before the game and then firing up the troops for the game as they went last night over New York one six ninety two, twenty one to twelve. In the season the fever. If you were to tell me, hell, I don't know three years ago, four years ago, that I was gonna lead off shows with the fever, I thought, you're crazy. Now it's a little bit different for us because we talk about and care about what matters to you. Honestly, for the rest of the world, it's just about fanning the flames, getting clicks and likes and the the dorky algorithms and whatever the nerds are talking about. That's what it's all about. For everybody else, seriously, across the board, that's all it's about. They don't give two craps about the basketball. They feel about the basketball right now with the Fever or the WNBA. How we felt about the Fever and the WNBA about four years ago, didn't care, didn't even notice. They didn't even cross our minds. But now it does because you have Kaitlin Clark, and because everybody realized that with Kaitlin Clark comes a great deal of notoriety. I said this when she first came into the WNBA, and really prior to it, all you had to do was hit hashtag Kaitlin Clark in your timeline on x or on Instagram would go crazy. It would be rotten. Now. Back then it didn't go crazy with crazy. Now it goes crazy with crazy or those with agendas. Let me tell you a little bit about yesterday with Steffanie White and then the team's performance. Stephanie White was making up for the swing and the miss on Saturday where it was obvious in this case that Sophie Cunningham got tackled by the neck, got clotheslined. It was a reckless close out by Carrington, and all that transpired during that moment was accurate. But what Stephanie Waite has been about is not fan in the flames and in that process it was just a bad look. So honestly with what she did before the game, which also could be pointed at me because I led on Monday with how she did on Saturday and has prior. You know, with the fist to the neck of Thomas in that game with Caitlin Clark. You have to make sure you galvanize your group. You have to be tight. That was making up for what did not happen on Saturday. Now, there are other aspects that maybe it's you, maybe it's me, it's probably all of us, where she just felt the need to let it out. You ever follow what anybody ever writes about her on social media? I know you guys out there too, because I'd probably feel the same way. We're all in the same gang on this. We would be so incredibly soft. There's zero way, zero way we could deal with it. It is every single day. So she was old so letting out a great deal of anger and frustration. And because I know me, I don't know you. I know some of you out there. I feel I know most of you out there. But for me, I'm not soft, And it didn't bother me in the least. In fact, I thought it was incredibly necessary, and I thought it was well past time. Yeah, get up and shake your fist, tell everybody to go to hell. If that's how you feel. Really, the only thing that should matter is the twenty one to twelve aspect of it. See, this is what's funny, and especially around here, and there are a lot of you out there, a lot of you out there. I could charge with this. You end up telling me all that matters is winning. But in this case, that's not all that matters at all, and in fact, it's kind of buried in all this other bull crap. You guys get all wound up about stuff that doesn't matter, stuff that shouldn't matter. Winning is all that matters. I've said this all along. She's going to be judged by what happens with this team. Do they reach expectations? Are they who they're supposed to be with one of the most noted professional athletes on the globe. That's how she's going to be judged. She's not going to be judged by that press conference. I'm assuming somebody over there. And by the way, it's not like that she or they have had incredible guidance or leadership in this category. I know we always make fun of pr but I don't know with the WNBA or the FEVER, I don't know who's been in charge of that. I don't know who runs it, but whoever does probably needs to take a class on it. But yesterday was not a shortcoming. Yesterday was not an issue unless you're solved, unless you got offended by it. You know, those that are saying or telling you that they're the least offended. Of the groups out there are honestly always the most offended. That's what had to happen. Let off steam at those out there that constantly come at them, come at her, and at the same time, help again, keep wound tight the group and bear in mind what matters the most.
Speaker 4: Nod that's easy.
Speaker 1: That's like basketball one O one out there, any coach would tell you that, or any smart coach, I mean dumbasses out there wouldn't tell you that, but any smart coach would tell you that. Gonna make sure you keep your group wound as tight with you as possible. And not a lot of coaches, not a lot of people have ever had to deal with the absolute foo bar that they have to deal with. And I loved Kaylyn Clark and Sophie Cunningham agreeing and then defending her after the game, and that was great. What's going to be funny is when a lot of you zelot's out there for Kaitlyn Clark. You know a lot of you zelots that only care about Kaitlyn Clark when you run her out of town because of all this, That's what's going to be pretty funny. I'll laugh at that. I will laugh I go, oh yeah, way to go. We're not talking about savvy basketball folks either. We're talking about people that just jumped in on a bandwagon of love. You love the way that she plays. I love the way that they play. I want to see success. And in fact, I will tell you this. I mentioned this to Jake a little bit earlier. There is to me a very common thread between the Pacers that I love, not last year's nineteen win disaster of injuries, but the prior two years the Tyres Halliburton led Pacers. Because they push, they score, they put offensive pressure on you. That's exactly what this Fever team does. So what's wrong with the coach? You gotta want to fire Rick Carlisle? Who wants to fire Rick Carley? You don't like it? That's exactly how the Fever play. And you know what, they have some of the similar issues as the Pacers had, especially in that first year. You go back three years and they would score in bunches, yet they couldn't guard Caleb. I mean that was problematic, nor I think oftentimes did they want to try to achieve the guarding of Caleb. You get that strained out and who knows because they're not anybody out there that can really stop. But let me the links. They have some players, including Olivia Miles, that can match up really well, but not a lot out there that can start that. I, in fact, I would not have paid attention. It was kicking and screaming for me. But when you score as they score at will, and you push the tempo, you push the pace up and down the floor, you know how fun of basketball. That's my favorite brand of basketball. By god, I'll watch that. And if it ends up being twenty one and twelve, yeah, you're not blaming the coach. You're not firing the coach on twenty one and twelve. I don't care what all these clowns end up saying. Maybe you are to look in the mirror and understand what you really want about it. Do you want winning a winning team or do you want to jump on the bandwagon with the posse out there with the lynch bob that always wants to be angry about something, always wants to be pissed off about something. That was a person letting off steam, and it was a person that was showing her team. Hey, what was described to me on Saturday? And listen I'm in that category too. There's a video of me that has hell. I don't know how many it's on Facebook or Instagram, but it's up there for Monday where I took offense to that. I thought, you can't do that. I don't even care if it was a lightweight call or if it wasn't exactly an egregious foul.
Speaker 7: You go with it.
Speaker 1: I mentioned Galvaniser team, keep it tight. What she did last night was necessary, and honestly, if you're offended by her, you're way too soft. I'm offended by this. I can't believe. I can't believe she said love and then she said go to hell. Well, because some of you out there are tremendous jackasses. Hell, I can be a jackass too. I will be before the end of the show, I promise you. But I absolutely loved it, and if it were directed at me, I'm not suggesting at all that it was. But as an outsider and somebody that was highly critical of what took place after the game on Saturday in Chicago, let's just say, for example, I am yeah, I'm not soft enough to let that Outweigh the fact that this team looks really good and it's playing well, and it plays a style of basketball, women, men, whatever that is incredibly enjoyable. Hey, numb nuts, get on board. Stop worried about the stuff that doesn't matter. Stop letting people dictate what matters to you. You always tell me how much you want to see teams win and how well you want to see teams around here play, and then what they do. You want to fight the coach.
Speaker 2: For what?
Speaker 1: Because you don't like what she said? Believe me, they all have to get in line on this. I also know this to be true. I don't think that there is on any level the leadership that is necessary. They had no idea what they're getting into. But better late than never to realize what you're getting into and do something about it. And that starts at the commissioner's level. But that's not a discussion for us. I'm just talking about a team right now. Hey, Believe me, if they don't live up to the expectations, there are gonna be consequences for that. That's just sports in general. But it's not gonna be about what you were offended about last night in what she said prior to with game and then go out and you're gonna boo ay a, you booed last night. I'm telling you, I don't know the folks that go to this game, Caleb, they have any basketball brains at all.
Speaker 4: Seriously, I couldn't believe that there were boos personally.
Speaker 1: Well, I can now if Kaitlyn Clark, if Kaitlyn Clark, and if Sophie Cunningham would have backed her, if that would have been the pregame and not the post game, there'd been no booze, none, none. Do you guys realize that use zelots out there. I'm not talking to everybody, I realize that, But do you zelots out there realize that who you bow to the altar to just wants to play basketball and she wants to do what she did last night and will be critical when things don't go well, and we'll prop when things do go well. But that's what she wants to do. Don't you guys help in the process. Don't be a fly on the ointment. There'll be a pain in the ass booing. Seriously, I didn't think that there were a lot of basketball brains in that place anyway in general, but I sure as hell didn't think you after last night. This team is twenty one, and they're fun as hell to watch. And normally, let's face it, normally, when you watch the WNBA, it can be boring. It can be a snoozefest. That is not They are doing their best to not only win, but to entertain, and you're mad by the man. Here's what the coach said, How soft can you be? Please don't tell me you're that soft. I didn't rear you to be that soft. Come on, now, I thought that was exactly what was necessary. And listen, maybe some of this stuff missed the mark. I mean, you had to see the replay about a billion times. What you did is you said the wrong thing. Somebody, if you didn't see the replay, like somebody from your staff who has your back, who knows something and doesn't have their head at their rare end, should have said, hey, you know what she was clotheslined, So it's okay to go off on this. Hell, I'll be honest with you. I felt good about it. You want to know why I felt good because this was like a call that the WNBA officials got accurately. It was it was right. I like that because most of the time it's foo bar. I like that. Please do not tell me you are this soft, don't You can't. You can't have it both ways, you can't, and all I wants winning and then whine about the dialogue of the coach, especially knowing what you know, I gather that the rest of the world doesn't really know when they're just swooping in to claim they're pound of flesh. That's all they're really doing. But you're supposed to be better. You got to be better. You got to understand this a little bit. And hey, I'll be right there with you. This team doesn't live up to expectations if they fail, if they don't learn to guard just a little bit better. And believe me, the bar is set at championship. If they don't do that, let's just all go off. We'll have a going off party. But I'm not going to sit here and go off, and I'm not going to jump on everybody else that has decided to be angry about what was said last night. She said all the wrong things. Yeah, you know what she was doing. She was doing something with a purpose, and it was for her team, and it was also to tell us a lot of us out there that have been highly critical to blank off the funny thing about it is we would all do the same thing. Given her situation. You would do it after two people made fun of you on Facebook. You put your yearbook photo up there and they make fun of you, you'd go off just like that, after two people were marked about it, We'd all do the same thing. Now, there's zero way that any of us in a moment of anger and we're just all letting it out. Hell, we're not going to say the right thing. I'm never going to say the right thing because frankly, I'm not smart enough to say the right thing. But I certainly understand. I have been dealt the cards of wisdom in understanding, and I understand what the hell was going on last night. And the thing about this is, you got like all these political clowns in our state are remarking on this. You should be offended because they need to pay attention to what matters to you as to why you voted them in. I'm gonna tell you, yeah, if you ever decide to take basketball advice from Micah beck With, I can't hang with you. Serious, I can't hang with you because you know there's zero way you're gonna take basketball advice. What is he the associate governor of Lieutenant Lieutenant. Please, you don't need basketball advice from Micah Beckwi or Jim Banks. These guys don't know squat and in fact, they should be concentrating on the jobs and the reasons why you voted them in. Just take them out of the equation you latch onto people that know basketball. Maybe some of you folks that go to these games will react a little bit different and understand a little bit different. Now, you guys can all cry about it if you want. It was pure theatrics. It didn't matter if it was theatrics, it was for her team, it was for what she didn't do on Saturday doesn't matter. And you're not allowed to tell me that you're all about winning and when a team wins you want to fire the coach. That makes you a dumbass, and that makes you about theatrics too. Can't tell me that I've been around here long enough. I've been through all this losing. We will gauge what happens to the coach in this team at the end of the year. Who cares what was said last night. Just don't be that soft. I feel like Forrest Gump. I think that's all I have to say about that. Marlon Jackson's going to join us and say the show coming up at the bottom of the hour, Marlon Jackson, Fight for Life, Foundations get a deal. Coming up tomorrow, we'll explain Solomon Willcotts is going to join us. Coming up at the five o'clock. I got a lot of football for you. I even get to host a Colts pregame show yet again, coming up tomorrow afternoon at four point thirty. I'm not looking for any starters. I don't even know really what I'm looking for. I know this, If like Anthony Richardson, and this is for the non nowhere's out there. If Anthony Richardson like cobbles together two consecutive completions, you guys will think he's the greatest of all time.
Speaker 8: I know that.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of football for you. All right, quick break and we'll come back. Well, I gotta get your weather updated too. Did did the weather no weather updated? Did we get overtaken by flash flood warnings from the National Weather Service.
Speaker 4: A few times?
Speaker 1: Do I need to double back and repeat anything? I listen. I don't care if you get mad, you get mad at me, get mad at me, Stay mad at me. That's okay. I mean, I know who I am, But I am telling you what she did before the game last night was necessary. Think of it as team bonding. And tell me if you were in that place last night and you would have heard what Caitlin Clark had to say after the game. Before the game, you're not gonna boo either you're about winning or seriously, I don't know how much time I have left doing this or hanging out. Can we all be about winning and not whine about all the other crap and not have the terms dictated to us on what we're supposed to like and not like. You cannot tell me that you're all about winning and then want to fire the coach when the team is winning. Can't do it all right? Quick Break will come back, Mama Jackson bought it the hour, Solomon Willcotts a little bit later on. I have time for all of you. Whether you liked what I said, disliked what I said, it does not matter. That is why this show is the most open of open forums. Yeah, we just have no weather. Quick Break will come back, Do not go anywhere. It's ninety three five one oh seven five.
Speaker 5: The Fan, The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna stare all.
Speaker 1: Day or you gonna buy something? Uh? I'm gonna stare all day?
Speaker 5: Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 1: So Marlon Jackson coming up in a couple of minutes, John Dolan, the Voice of the Fever in the four o'clock hour, Solomon Willcott's in the five Is Marlon there not yet? I think let me know when he is ready. He's got a big to do coming up tomorrow for preseason game number one with the Colts. Colts and Patriots in Foxborough. Pregame huddle starts here tomorrow at four point thirty. Got a couple of things for you and I am equal opportunity. Are you ready? Three one seven, two, three, nine ten seventy On the text line, come on with this clown outrage. You cried like a baby on Monday and you weren't about winning. It was soft losers like you crying over nothing on Monday that forced that statement yesterday. Two things. One is you're not allowed to parrot my takes, So you got to use something else other than solft because all you were doing in that first segment was listening to me, and then you end up parroting something in this I use another word, can't parrotent my takes? Agree, thank you. The other thing is the reason why I said that on Monday is the reason why she did that yesterday, made up for what she didn't do on Saturday, sticking up for the team, galvanizing the team. You realize that that was a mistake, and you have to come out and without a doubt, tell everybody, make sure everybody knows that you're all about this team. Now. Some of the reasons as to why she didn't see it in real time during the game, not really, but that had to be done. So that just backs up what I talked about on Monday. You're just gonna make sure you tightly wind up your team together, huddle, locker room, all of it. She galvanized with that statement, and then she slung some arrows. Are you and me and everybody there's not a damn thing wrong with that. Just don't regurgitate my takes. Please, Yeah, all right, I'm gonna have to copyright that. Get the copyright book out. JMV. Criticism is what Stephanie White signed up for when she became head coach. She shouldn't apologize publicly, or she should have apologized public if not sticking up for her team, not her whiny rant. Shane, I got news for you, man. You sound like the softest dude of all time right here. I'd ask you to come out and I'd get you a beer or a cocktail or something. I don't know if you could do it. How about I'll invite Shane out for a boonz farm. That's your speed. That ain't working, and that's not how it was. She was like three days late and something she should have done on Saturday. It all makes perfectly you good sense if you're not soft. So hey, Strawberry Hill for Shane, next time we're out. They're not even a sponsor some love. Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline, friend of the Show's got a big deal coming up tomorrow night, and he also authored the greatest play in the history of the Colts. He's our friend. Marlon Jackson. Hello, Marlon, how.
Speaker 3: Are you, jamb I'm good, I'm good man.
Speaker 1: How you doing fantastic? So tomorrow night is going to be a hell of.
Speaker 7: A deal, is Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be a good time. We all know that it's you know, preseason, preseason football for the coach is gonna kick off with the Coats versus Patriots. But we're also having an event kind of tied to that with our Coach Trivia Night at the Skyline Club in Indianapolis and evening for people to come out and enjoy some Coats trivia, learn a little bit about more organization Fight for Life being on some silent auction items. Hear about something special that we're releasing at the Fight for Life Foundation as well. Support a great cause, but have fun as well and possibly win six coach tickets to the Coats versus Falcons preseason game.
Speaker 1: So Mala Jackson with us Fight for Life Foundations God at the Skyline Club, a big deal with Coach Trivia tomorrow night and you could win big More on that in a second. Since one of the Mets right now training camp preseason game number one. As a veteran player, I know it's probably different for you in the early stages as a rookie. As a veteran player, what was your approach to camp and then to preseason games?
Speaker 3: I mean camp, you want.
Speaker 7: You want to get get off to a fast start, you know, you put in all the work in the off season. Now you're getting back into things with all the guys, and you're getting the pads on and getting ready to really lace them up and get things going to try to go after those goals that you will set in training camp, but trying to get into your your rhythm, trying to get into your your routines, get yourself established and ready to go uh mentally and physically, and get your timing down with everything as well, because it's no longer you know.
Speaker 3: No pads on air. Now is full contact.
Speaker 7: It's live, which I'm sure is probably much different now in training camp versus when I was in training camp. A lot more physicality throughout training camp. And I know it's kind of spotty when it comes to the physicality in training camp now, but I think these guys really want to get settled in, get their timing with all the concepts that I've been taught, the defenses on offense, the offensive schemes, get everybody on the same page.
Speaker 1: So, Maather and Jackson with us, what did you know that you accomplished in training camp what you needed to At what point was there a signature you know? Each season so to speak moment where you said, all right, so I got everything I needed to do done here.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I think that that varies for guys. I think in terms of like all dependent upon your level of experience. You know that that may be you need you need one game, you need a couple of quarters. You know, if you're a younger guy or guy just you know, second or third year, maybe maybe it's the you know, the second week, and it's getting that getting that first half under under your belt. In my time, you know, there were four there were four games. That third game is when the starters went went the longest. So you know, by that point in time, for sure is when you feel like, all right, I'm fully ready to go for this season. But that's one of those things, Jay, that I would say that varies dependent upon the level of experience that the player has.
Speaker 1: I could remember if I asked you this last week, this is Marla Jackson on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pot line. You played defensively with two guys that were absolute havocs coming off the edge, and Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, and this group at least eyeball wise right now is going to be a lot different. You're you're hoping, you're crossing your fingers and hoping that you know, with layout two Latu and arden Key, you're going to get a little bit something. And this I think defensively, you're hoping for more from the secondary without what is the normal defensive pressure up front. How difficult might that proposition be when you have a lot of of your playmakers in that secondary more than up front. In this era of the NFL, oh.
Speaker 7: It makes it extremely difficult because I mean, you know, everything in football starts starts up front offensively and defensively, and you know the high flying offenses that we see now in the National Football League. You have to be able to create pressure, and it's easiest if you can create pressure with four guys up front. This is something that the coach have struggle with, which is which brought about the change and coordinator so you can blitz more. When you have a secondary like the secondary that we have, those guys can be on an island. It gives you more of the ability to blitz and bring a fifth guy in a linebacker or at times of safety. But in my opinion, I think you would rather have two edge at least one guy that you know they can get home, they can create a pressure at will you have some more sustainable defense when you have the ability to have a dominant defensive end or two that can generate pressure and you're not as relying upon the blinds to generate pressure.
Speaker 1: So, Marlin Jackson with us, what are your thoughts on what the Colts are going to be able to do? I mentioned too of the options there with key and lay out two a lot two. Do you have a belief and they're going to be able to provide what is necessary and consistent quarterback pressure coming off the edge?
Speaker 3: For me, it's a question.
Speaker 7: That's a question mark, and I don't know how we can have anything else but a question mark there. There's nothing against those two guys. Lat of two has been good, but in my opinion, not great. I would like to see him make a jump to great this season. You know you mentioned guys like the White Premium Robert Mathis. The thing is that you knew if they had a single matchup that they were going to get home and generate pressure. I have not seen that from a Coole's defensive lineman in years. Right, But if LAT two can be that guy. I'm not as familiar with arden Key, but if Lat two or arden Key, if they can be those guys, at least one of them, it puts us in a better position. But you know, it puts more stress on the coordinator to get creative if you cannot generate pressure with just those four guys. We know that our guys on the interior, Grover you know, and others can generate pressure, but we need it on the edge most of all. And if lat two steps up and he takes his game to another another level and arden is reliable as well, that will make this a very very strong possibly for sure top ten defense, possibly top five defense with the secondary you have, but you also have question marks at linebacker with this group as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah that yeah, those are questions we'll answer on another day as well. Actually, yeah, across the board. And I mean, hell, Marlin, we're just talking about the defensive aspect of it right here. That's Marlin Jackson on the Eddie Moore Automotive Group Potline again. Fight for Life Foundation dot Org is where you can go to learn more. But tomorrow night at the Skyline Club, it is going to be spectacular. This is not gonna be your average preseason game viewing party slash trivia contest, is it No?
Speaker 7: I mean we have a we have a DJ lined up that's gonna be there as well. It's gonna be foods. We're gonna have a special cocktail there for the evening, you know, a special release of something that we've been working on at Fight for Life Opportunity. First place team will win six tickets to a Coats preseason game Coats versus Falcon, and then we'll also have second and third place winning teams as well. Really would love to get all these Colts fans signed up. You know, you got the great views at the Skyline Club. You know you'll be able to partake and enjoy that and then watch the game as well, because Trivia Knight is going to lead right into this preseason game that we are all excited for if it's against our arch nemesis, the New England Patriots as well, which adds a little bit more incentive.
Speaker 1: To come out because you did him in. You did him in, buddy, you did him in.
Speaker 7: That's right, right, That's why we have something connected to that that we are going to release release tomorrow evening for those who are in attendance and then to the general public after that. But you know, we we hope to get people to come out support our cause, you know, you know, engage in some history of the Colts and then learn about the organization and then watch, you know, all of our favorite team in Indianapolis coach take on the Patriots, and hopefully we have a great show because I know that first half everybody's going to be going to be really watching with the news that ar is going to get denied. They're in the first half, so I think we're all very anxious. I would say to see what he is going to do.
Speaker 3: In the first half.
Speaker 1: If you're watching two on YouTube live, just make a note of it that he had the biggest play in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. I would if I were you, Molin. I couldn't hear that enough. I wanted to want to hear that every day every day.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's something that you know, it will never get old.
Speaker 7: No, it is a play that will live in the hearts and memories of Coats fans people across the state forever. And I'm appreciative to be able to be a part of that moment and being able to make such a significant play in the history of the franchise.
Speaker 1: Man the most significant play in the history of the franchise, that is Marlin Jackson. Fight for Life Foundation dot org correct.
Speaker 7: Correct correct or short ff LF dot org. You go to our website, click on the hub tab and then there you will see information for Coastrivia Night. You can read about it. Click the link purchase tickets thirty dollars a ticket. We'll love to see some Indianapolis colts finn with us tomorrow evening at the Skyline Club of Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to join us live sometime too, at a live show where we have either beers or cocktails or or for some of these softies here maybe Boons Farm. But you'll have to join us sometimeline. Okay, yeah, I definitely I went mind doing that.
Speaker 7: If you guys are ever on the north Side, that would definitely work out because what you guys are threes of three to five.
Speaker 1: Three to six. You can come out and hey, hey, listen the cocktails or the beer ever you like on me, buddy on me.
Speaker 7: I'll probably be drinking water because I would probably have to go to one of my kids practice after my kids kind of rule the kids.
Speaker 1: I understand, but you're gonna keep in mind I'm an incredibly bad influence and I normally get my way. Okay, I'm just gonna tell you, I want you know this to be I'm I think I'm even more of a bad influence now, So hopefully you know.
Speaker 7: How my Westville parents feel like a couple of the practice after a few after a few cocktails, a Westfield travel.
Speaker 3: Team or fourth grade fourth grade tea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but yeah, No, I love to join you. I thoroughly love and enjoy talking sports. You know you do you always, You've always done a great job on air. Love coming on and chatting with you.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, have a great night tomorrow night, and we'll meet up here in the future for some live shows as well. I appreciate you man. Good having you back.
Speaker 3: No, I appreciate you and look forward to connecting some more.
Speaker 1: That is our good friend, Marlon Jackson, the orchestrator, the greatest play in the history of the Colts. Like you guys want to debate everything, there's no debate right there. That's it. And I'm not talking about the who. I don't give two craps about the Baltimore Colts seriously, but the Indianapolis Colts. That is an easy call. Man, get me in the Skyline Club tomorrow, you may not get me out of the Skyline Club tomorrow night. That sounds like a blast. Man. We've got to get you some tickets, kleb, get you some season tickets to win. In there they go, they're giving away tickets. Yeh, hey Mo, you know Mo, Moe's locked in. He's already got the season tickets. By the way, I watched one episode I think it was episode two, and I haven't watched Hard Knocks in a long time. I love Mike mc donald and the Seahawks. I think of all the Hard Knocks that I have washed and again it's like one episode here, but of all the Hard Knocks that I I love that team those and he seems like it's somebody I can get behind. Right there.
Speaker 4: You see him chewing out that defense. Yeah, rushing the quarterback.
Speaker 1: It was what was the name Hall that I think, so, yeah, he's chewing him out. But he just seems like the only thing that I would question is having Mitch Johnson's ass in there. And I want any of that coaching. Rub it off on me. Oh no, wait a minute, so I had Mitch Johnson is from Seattle, so he paid a visit and he was a part of the Hard Knocks episode. I don't know if i'd want any of his coaching ability to rub off on me, because that wasn't great. But McDonald and the Seahawks, like Leonard Williams, became one of my favorite players just by watching that episode last night. Guy's a badass. Defensively, he's old school, and he's also tending to his plants in the garden. Very sweet. HBO's Hard Knocks with the Seattle Seahawks, I can see why they're championship worthy with that and more than the Fever on the other side, John Nolan four four thirty here, four o'clock right there in front of my grill, four o'clock for John Nolan, Voice of the Fever, Solomon Wilcotts. He joins us coming up at the five o'clock hour four thirty tomorrow, Colts pregame huddle time, first time for the season. As we lead you up with a couple of hours, it should be fun getting your set for the Colts and the Patriots preseason game number one that is tomorrow at four point thirty Pivot Balcony Bar coming up with Hurst and La Montes. That's on Friday before the Fever and the Wings at the field House. We're gonna have Boiler and Antonelli five o'clock hour with us Live. Can't wait to see you all there unless you're like Shane here, and I don't know if if I can have you around me, it's non rub off on me. Shane ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 5: The ride with jmv are ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 8: I can assure you there was no way we were losing this game tonight. And I told her that before the game, like there was no way we were losing this game for her. And you know, it's tough, like that's my head coach. Like I hated that our fans booed her before the game. That made me a little sick, to be honest. And you can disagree in this and that, and I get it, it's professional sports. People are going to boo, but like, at the end of the day, that's our head coach and we're going to ride for her and we're always going to have our back.
Speaker 1: That's Kaitlyn Clark. She was right happy with you guys booing the head coach last night. Well done. Let you guys run her off like you're trying to run off the head coach. Good idea. Twenty one and twelve, let's run off the head coach, and then we'll go ahead and run off the best player and the most marketable player around the globe. Good idea. That's a great call, savvy basketball fans. Well done. So I was with Hammer a little bit earlier and said, we're Indiana, and we're the smartest. I I don't know if they're going to the Fever games. You normally are the smartest basketball fans, but hell, I don't know if you're going to those games. Joe, seriously. So now you got, you got Caitlin Clark upset with you. Well done, Good job, good job. Pacers. NBA Cup schedule. This is according to Dustin de Puak of The Star Miami. October the thirtieth, eight o'clock home versus New York, November the thirteenth, seven p at Cleveland, November the twentieth, seven o'clock home versus Philly, November the twenty seventh that's a murderer's role right there. Good thing. We don't give two craps about the NBA Cup. Five of the fifteen nationally televised games NBA Cup games come from the East Group B, according to Dustin. Now, we don't know anything more about their scheduling, do we about the Pacer scheduling? We sure as hell don't know who the content provider is.
Speaker 4: We don't the full schedule I believe is supposed to come out tomorrow when this show comes on the air at three Eastern at the same time will be coming on the man.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's perfect timing right there, right on the air with that crap twenty one to twelve. I will say this. I am not normally somebody that will watch a great deal of the WNBA in the past, but this Fever team plays exactly like this Pacer team has played. There is a common theme. I love the push, I love the shot making ability, and I'd like to sit here and tell you that I'd know anything about defense. I don't. I wish that they It was almost like we're talking about the pacers too. Remember when we wanted them to provide just a little bit more resistance that's what you'll hope for with the Fever two. It's a little bit more resistance. You gotta love Aliah Boston stepping out, knocking down threes. Now I can get down with watching this offensive game. That has not been the case and that normally I fall asleep by the second quarter. But this is fun, fun as hell to watch. You guys want to get the coach fired and want to run off the best play, good idea, good plan. I don't know if I'm going to back you on that plan right there. I think your plan may be viewed if that is, you're playing a little bit faulty. I am just getting torched by the way right now, which is cool. See, I'm not that's off. That can take it. Everybody has opinions. We'll come back with those. And John Nolan, who is the voice of the Fever, coming up here at the top of the hour, Solomon Wilcott's NFL five o'clock hour ninety three, five to one oh seven five The fan, don't go away.
Speaker 5: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 6: Attention, whoever you are.
Speaker 4: This channel is reserved for emergency calls only.
Speaker 5: Plating sound like I'm warned A pizza ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 1: Sorry Sealaburton, one hundred percent healthy when they get moved. I think there may be a bit of a sports arousal. One hundred percent healthy from a torn achilles suffered in Game seven of the twenty twenty five NBA Finals, which led to the foo bar of a loss and then a nineteen win campaign. There's a lot to make up. Quote if the season was today, I'd be ready. That's a guy right there, everybody. He is good to go. After eighteen NBA seasons, Russell Westbrook has retired the legendary career NBA's top seventy five twenty seventy league MVP, nine time All Star, nine time All NBA, USA Olympic gold medalist, and all time record triple doubles. The question I would have for you, Caleb, big time NBA guy? Did he hold on too long? And unfortunately we forget about some of those early accolades because he was the star of stars. Yet we just kind of know the salty pissy at times Russell Westbrook. Toward the end of his career.
Speaker 4: I think he was that way because he kind of refused to change who he was as a player. I think they're like, remember when Carmelo Anthony turned himself into just a three point shooter and he like his career extended by like two or three years. Like Russell was never going to change who he was, which is also what made him great though, Like he was one of the guys, one of the two or three guys that you would pay to go see if he was in your town. So what makes it great can also be your downfall. I feel like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just think we we forgot there's other things have been lost in the shuffle since that the anchor of his amazing career, we've forgotten a little bit about it. Jam Vy. It's great that we have a superstar and Caitlyn Clark. It's unfortunately we have jackasses that don't understand basketball. Hallelujah. They call for the coaches firing because they expect more than thirty one percent career shooting, close to if not the most turnovers in the league, tied for if not the most technicals, and often injured outs or something else. So somebody has to be to blame besides the demigod. Let me tell you this. They're twenty one and twelve playing really well right now, and I think with what took you guys are all denouncing what Stephanie White said before the game last night. We're gonna see whether or not I've been asking for turning the corner signature moments in a season. I hope the hell that is it, so I can tell all you guys about it the rest of the year. You better hope it's not. You better hope that I because I'm gonna tell everybody about it at every chance. I get back to that in just a second. Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. You know I'm not about that either. I'm gonna tell you all about it, remind you constantly. John Nolan's the voice of the fever. He joins us and they Adny More Automotive Group hootline. Hey, how, I don't know how much you watched the Pacers. Let's go back to not last year because that was a mess, but you go back to two, let's see three years ago, like this be now the first where we really saw the pace and the tempo and you kind of fell in love with the Pacers team and how they played and it was so effective against teams, and you could tell how similar are the pushing of the pace offenses with the pacers that we love and the Fever that we see going on right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point, Jambe. I think there definitely is a similarity there. And for example, last night, a team like the New York Liberty, one of the better teams in the WNBA, they simply could not keep up. They actually did a decent job Liberty, that is in the first quarter, as the Fever were up by six at the end of one.
Speaker 4: But then it's.
Speaker 2: Funny because after the game last night, I listened to the New York Liberty postgame press conference and a reporter asked a question. I didn't think it was the smartest question in the world, but she basically asked the head coach, Hey, you know, the Fever had some runs in the second quarter and second half when Brianna Stewart was out of the game. What was your philosophy with that? And he was like, well, she's not going to play forty minutes, so we got to take her at some point. And to the credit of the Fever, they made the Liberty pay in those windows when Stuart was out of the game. But yeah, basically that goes kind of to show you that the Liberty needed all hands on deck just to be able to keep up with what the Fever were doing last night.
Speaker 1: So with the high volume of scoring in the back court, how difficult is that you think we see it now coming together with Kelsey Mitchell and Caitlin Clark with that question, but you know, having two high level scores like that in the same backcourt, how long might that take to come together? And have we seen I mentioned turning the corners or signature moments? Have we seen that now? Is that where they are the backcourt with those two?
Speaker 4: On one hand, I would.
Speaker 2: Say it probably would not be fair for anyone to think that they could be any better than they are, Like Kelsey and Caitlyn have both been fairly close to flawless of late. That said, I actually do think that their potentially is still a ceiling for them to grow, especially like Caitlin by her own admission, and like our friend who had texted in there a little while ago. I mean, she can still bring her turnovers down. So that's an area where they can get better. And all of a sudden, now this is two games in a row with KK Timpson in the starting lineup and Monique Billings coming off the bench, and I think it looks like this is the starting group now going forward, and with Timpson's speed as a post player getting down the floor, that kind of just again makes the Fever all the more threatening with their ability to get in transition. I mean, one thing that's been pretty fun and exciting to see is that there have been a lot of times lately where if the Fever give up a shot, they are inbounding the ball and pushing so quickly that it looks like it's a fast break situation, but it's coming after the other team just scored. Yeah, they have a level, they have a gear of speed that we haven't really seen anyone else in the league, not only this season, but basically ever be able to match.
Speaker 1: Well and John that was the edge the Pacers had too. And I've always said this, everybody wants to play Everybody dreams of playing basketball and playing at that pace, but not everybody is built to play basketball at that pace. And then you find out, and I think we've seen most recently, especially when the offense is clicking that other teams they struggle doing just that. The outliers, obviously the Vegas game that was complete end of game fubar. But I mean otherwise, you're going over a hundie and you're scoring at will, and you consistently put the pressure on the opposition from an offensive angle, which is very much like what we have witnessed with the Pacers over the past couple of years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of thoughts of that one.
Speaker 2: Again, how it's like team wide, So we probably are underappreciating the evolution of Allah Boston and now there is more talk and highlighting her three point shooting, literally leading the league in three point shooting around forty five percent, which is incredible, but also the fact that she can bring the ball down the court. And now not only that, but she's showing off a handle and ball handling ability to change speeds and change directions. She's sometimes even in the half court. Now we're seeing her like a guard kind of angle herself one way, bait the defender all of a sudden, make a quick crossover, pivot and get downhill, driving and attacking and scoring.
Speaker 1: So again, that just.
Speaker 2: Makes them all the more dynamic. And was building off of what you were saying there with the comparison to the Pacers in addition to the pace. Another similarity I would see though, is that it's a team that's well connected that tighten it getting along. And I think what's really valuable is that the role players have good heads on their shoulders. They have an understanding that they are role players, and so you're not seeing anyone putting their head down, sulking that they're not leading the squad in scoring, or really overly concerned if their minutes fluctuate one game to the next. So there's that unselfish, unselfishness aspect that I think is really vital to what they're doing.
Speaker 1: John Nolan hear the voice of the Fever. Fever and Dallas skiing up on Friday night will be at the Pivot Balcony bar with Hurst and la Montes. Before that with Boylan and Wie Antonelli. That should be a fun time as well. John, I did want to ask you this, and I don't know how deeply you want to get into it. Obviously you weren't privy to it because you're in preparation for the game, But with what took place in the aftermath with Stephanie White before the game and then the dialogue and commentary from the players Sophie Cunningham and Caitlin Clark after the game. What do you think about the pre and the postgame pressers in general terms? From the fever, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I feel similarly to you in terms of not quite understanding those who have come out against Stephanie and all add in. I appreciate all fans and maybe I'm weird nowadays, but I'm somebody whether we're talking about basketball or in Fortunately now sometimes this crosses over into politics, but I'm okay with differing opinions, and I'm not going to hate someone or shut someone out if we don't view things the same way. That said, you know, I'm thinking about a past failed relationship I had in which I was told the issue was that I was approaching things logically and she wanted to act out of emotion. And so I don't know, I'm having some flashbacks to that because I just don't really understand what some fans right now might be thinking, if they've got any issues with step And at the end of the day, all that, let me just say, let me just say, all that, all that matters is what we heard from players like Caitlin and Sophie that they have love for steph that inside the locker room they're more than good. They're really close with each other. And I mean, I thought it was I'm really glad that Caitlin spoke up and said that last night.
Speaker 1: As I wish she would do. I think if she did that more, it would squash a lot of the dialogue that's out there that's anti I wish it. That's not really her job. It's not her job John to do that. It's not her job to do that. But if she would have said that prior to the game, let's just say, well, flip it. Not that she had the opportunity, but if that were said prior to the game, you wouldn't have a similar crowd reaction during intros during the game. Not that that really matters, but I love the commentary afterwards. Had she said that, then you wouldn't have it. And maybe if she is a little bit more outspoken in defense. And I think we've learned one thing from the WNBA is. I don't know at times who leads them in pr but it seems like they're learning on the fly with a lot of things. And I think Stephanie White learned from Saturday and the postgame presser what needed to be done to try to galvanize her team, and then I think those two players after the game left night understood what needed to be done after hearing the booing and going out and winning and knowing what has taken place, especially over the past three days, I think that you kind of learn from experiences and negativity, and I think those things had to occur along with the winning aspect of it as well, which ultimately should squash.
Speaker 2: Everything right as the team is twenty one and twelve, top four in the league, on track to have potentially the best season in regular season at least in franchise history, and yet to your point, I think there are growing pains around the league, to say the least, I am maybe naively but optimistic in my thinking that while and some have to feel this a lot more than others as far as these growing pains can personally affect them, but I do think in the end, you know what, the level of basketball, the entertainment that is out there on the court, is going to continue to be what really grows the popularity of the w n B, a of the fever specifically in their players, and over the course of time, this stuff will well fade away.
Speaker 1: I can. I can say this, and you can, and I respect that. But there are really about three teams that I can stand to watch and not be bored to tears, and certainly the Fever at the top of that list. Who else is on that list for you, Minnesota Olivia Miles watching her play because she does She's does some incredibly high level, athletically gifted things that I dig watching with the basketball.
Speaker 4: No, I'm totally with you there, and I admit some.
Speaker 1: Of this other some of this other stuff is like leading me to want to sleep for forever. But yeah, the Fever and those two things stand out to me as things I can get down with in basketball.
Speaker 3: A couple of things.
Speaker 2: One I would admit I have a pro Caitlin bias, and so I probably was reluctant to give Olivia Miles some of the praise to credit that she has deserved as a rookie. But then when the Fever played in Minnesota a couple of weekends ago, the show that she put on, I mean, that was really spectacular, and so yeah, overall, again that's a positive for the league that there are more and more players entering the WNBA who are just fun to watch. And I would say, now, I guess there could be subjectivity in terms of what's really as a as a team fund to watch, but I mean scoring is up around league. The only team that's up there towards the top that isn't a ton of fun would be the Golden Saint Valkyrie because they play a real slow, grinded out, defensive oriented style. But I mean there's a like the New York Liberty, last night's opponent, who are missing a couple of all star caliber players in their defense. I mean they're only seventh in the standings right now, but I mean they've got They've got some players like Sabrini and Escu, Brandon Stewart who were a lot of fun to watch. So I think there's just more and more talent being spread out across the league. And again, over time, I think that's what's gonna gonna win people over well.
Speaker 1: And that's why you got to take advantage of this moment. And again that's why I felt for the sake of I think, to me, I'll use this as a side note. I thought Stephanie White obviously let off some steam, but I think a lot of people are missing the mark on what needed to be said, and that was for her team. That had to have happened after the past three or so days here, and that's why I had zero issue with it. And honestly, John, I took issue with her, you know, not directly going to beat after that game on that foul from Carrington, which was a reckless foul. But she did what she had to do, and then at the same time she wanted to let off some steam to clowns like me or maybe other people out there. I completely get it, completely understand it.
Speaker 2: Did you hear after the game on Saturday? I'm just curious, did you because the clip that went viral did not include this. Did you after the game on Saturday when she said that she thought the flagrant too was the correct call?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just I think that what she did last night was to be more vehement about backing it up. I do, yeah, and I and see that's that's the problem. We live in a world job, we live in a world where everything is lost in translation because we have the attention span of a gnat. So you've got to leave no doubt and there's already been doubt that has been pressed upon you know, the fans or the non fans out there, those that just want to have an opinion on it. So I think you've got to go like she did last night. That's why I completely understood why she felt she needed to go the extra mile, and I thought measured message to our team delivered. And at the same time, she's putting up a lot of crap and she wanted to get back and tell people out there how she felt. I have no problem with it. You have to be the softest of the soft to have a significant issue with that.
Speaker 2: Yep, no disagreement. And I would just say, and I know this is a losing cause for me to maybe try to reason with anyone who's uh is not seeing things this way. But I just one thing that I found ironic about the push against Steph after Saturday, with the claim that she didn't support her player in that case, Sophie enough.
Speaker 4: On Saturday she.
Speaker 2: Got a technical foul immediately after Caitlin got that erroneous technical foul, the one that was later rescinded. That's just a small example of how she does back her players. But it's just a no win situation, I think, because and unfortunately it just all to say, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: All it is.
Speaker 1: No, and these are my words and not yours because you're in a different situation than I. But it is always going to be with this group. They're going to win not because of her, but lose because of her. But what ultimately matters, what the cure all is is twenty one and twelve, reaching expectations and exactly what Caitlin Clark mentioned after the game, where there there are moments in this season where you just have to do and that's what they did last night, and that's what is going to be the ultimate decider as you go into the future. Is the outcome and the results of this year on the floor. That's what matters the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's just say though this is still kind of the only team that I've ever followed, or even when they win it, some people.
Speaker 1: Are and because it's also followed by a loss for words sometimes no, yeah, and that's okay because there are a lot of nut jobs that are involved in this too. So you know that muddies the water when you end up getting you know, the verbal drifting that goes on and and things like that, when when you keep it in basketball in team terms, is easier to do that. So you know, as you know your situation, you're able to do that. Here you got to sift through so much stupidity that it drives you nuts when all you really want to do is evaluate the situation, the coaching decisions or what takes place on the basketball floor. Which is the right way to do it and is the way that Caitlin Clark talks about doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so just off of that, I would say, you know, credit to the fever. They have gotten better over the course of the season. Now two consecutive wins. Friday Night should be an awesome game because you got a Dallas team that beat them, Remember Opening Day in a shootout. That Dallas team had I think by most analyst expectations been ahead of schedule in the early part of the season with their young core of Page Beckers and then easy fud Is the top pick this year. They had been in the top four of the standings going into the All Star break. All of a sudden they're on a skid. So they're going to be coming into the Fieldhouse on Friday Night playing with an edge, playing with urgency. Pretty sure the game will wind up being sold out. It's getting close to it already, so it should be a fantastic environment. And again I appreciate all Fever fans and all WNBA fans. I mean, there's probably gonna be some fans coming out because Page Beckers might be their favorite player or easy fud and so just looking forward to to a fun atmosphere on Friday. And it's also making it all the more important for the Fevers. You got pretty audacious five game road trip after that, starting on Sunday out Atlanta. They're going to be criss crossing the country, even going north into Canada for the first time against Toronto. So all the more reason to get it done on Friday at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, basketball wise and John to close out with the voice of the Fever, John Nolan on the Andy Moore Automotive Group hotline. Is the one thing that I can't get beyond. And it looks like defensively and rebounding and turnovers and fouling, they're all improving in those categories, but there's still that one thing. And I know that every team that gets down makes a run, but they always seem to leave that door open. And we saw that cost them against Vegas, and that's the Loane thing that really worries me about everything that's going on is the consistency of going through long stretches to where you look like the superior team, but you let an inferior team hang around and hang around way too long. That is a concern of mine.
Speaker 2: No, that's very valid because it's and it's something the team has acknowledged, because yeah, that's been an issue out there out the year. Hopefully from a Fever point of view, some progress made there. Last night they got off by twenty one. It sort of felt a little bit like deja vous again. Liberty made it a single digit game, but once they got it to nine, then the Fever responded with another run themselves and really did put them away, and they were never actually threatened in the fourth quarter. So I hope they can can build off of that going forward. But yeah, I've joked that while it's not ideal for the team, it has made for more dramatic and fun broadcasts on our side of things, and probably, you know, for better or worse, makes it more fun for any listeners or viewers with these games. In a lot of cases, coming down to the last possession.
Speaker 1: I want to I just don't want to see him whip ass consistently. Guess just me, so I know what you're looking for, but I just want to like entertaining is me. Yeah, is putting a team down and keeping the team down. So hopefully, hopefully they can learn for that. Twenty one to twelve in the season, the Fever get Dallas coming up on Friday night a Gamebridge field House, and you can listen right here the voice of the Fever, John Nolan, on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline. John, I appreciate your pal, No, thank you. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: In the end, Like I said, I think a lot of girl ompions around the league. But optimistic for the future and in the shorter term here. Definitely optimistic about the Fever peaking, going down the stretch here of the season and having a fun finish in the regular season and the playoffs. And yeah, thanks to all the fans out there, regardless of point of view. Awesome to see close to a salad again at the Fieldhouse last night, even.
Speaker 5: With school back.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: All right, Do I get an invite to crash with Debbian?
Speaker 1: What all you too? But you know I am. I am the self proclaimed biggest fan of Debbie Antonelli. I'm a big fan. So I'm gonna be like I'm gonna be like a giddy little school girl on Friday, although I'll probably be a drinking I'll be a drinking, giddy little school girl, but yeah, I'll be. I'll be because I like her. I like her and her breakdown. I like Bria too, Don't get me wrong, but I've always been a big fan of Debbie Antonelle. I like listening to what she has to say, and I think she breaks it down and explains it as well as anybody, anybody certainly in that league, and much better than Debbie. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, no, in all seriousness, Debbie is underappreciated from a national perspective, one of the first women's basketball analysts who then has been a basketball analyst for the men's March Madness and regular season men's games over the years as well.
Speaker 4: So she's one of the best in the business.
Speaker 2: I mean, and she has been recognized being on national TV for a few decades with the Fever now for more than a couple of decades. So yeah, whenever you get a chance to catch Debbie and Pat and Kelsey on a broadcast that's tremendous and we appreciate anyone.
Speaker 1: Well you slide, hey, We'll get hey. We'll get you all looped up and ready to go for that broadcast.
Speaker 2: Pal, come on, Yeah, that'll make it more fun for sure. But will I got you for a postgame postgame mix?
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, pal. John Nolan on the Anymore Auto moniproof hotline that's outstanding, JAMV. I was in the building last night and the people had actually booed. Were a bunch of pathetic, insecure shame man, Shane. I thought this just not on me here, I just offered the boons Farm. This one's not on me. I should have pre read this. They started to boo, but when they realized there was no momentum building to it, they all quickly stopped and sat down and was actually sad made themselves look like a bunch of blanks. That's because they probably were a bunch of blanks. That's funny. Sorry about that, Shane, Shane. I gotta get off of Shane here. I shouldn't even have mentioned the boons Farm. That's going too far. The host of the show went too damn far right there, Matty. Matt says JMV. When's the daytime soap opera called The Indiana Fever airing good grief? Hey, listen, I'm just trying to sort it out and hopefully makes sense to everybody, because a lot of you are getting led down a path of stupidity and numb nuttery, and you don't want that path. Just leave it to me to explain, explain it the right way. You don't want to get grifted. I'm not trying to grift you. I want to hang out with you, but I want to grift you. But you, guys, a lot of you out there, you're getting led by the nose by clowns, seriously, clowns that wouldn't know they're ass from nothing. And if I have to be the pied piper, by God, I'll be the pied piper right here. Caleb, speaking of which, the no show tonight in Greenwood Christian is unacceptible.
Speaker 4: We can keep this off the.
Speaker 1: Air, son of a gun. Four games we played last night. There's zero way z row pickup games should last that long. Zero.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this.
Speaker 1: It is bad, but I don't know like our pickup games are if you sat down to watch Dances with Wolves, that's how bad and boring they are on Tuesday night. Good god, oh here it comes. Oh yeah, oh great, let's like Dances with Wolves on Tuesday night. You ever see that movie? That's not one I want you to write. Don't write that down because that's going too. But don't write it down. Okay, my god, it's long and never ending like a meat loaf song. Who don't write it down? Former IU basketball head trainer Tim Garl file day suit yesterday against IU and athletic director Scott Dolson following his termination from IU in March of twenty twenty five. Saw that a little bit earlier too, Tyrese Salaburton deeming himself good to go get the words of that and Suliman Wilcotts coming up at top of the hour. You guys are absolutely outside your mind if you leave this show, and if you're not here, or if you know people that aren't here, go fetch them and get them here. Ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan and a Weather Update No weather update courtesy of Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 5: The Ride with JMV Play him paid that me and his money ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 4: I saw a report that was like, sources tell me Tyres will be healthy.
Speaker 1: I am the source.
Speaker 4: I can tell you I am healthy right now. So I feel great.
Speaker 7: I'm doing everything, Uh, playing pickup pretty reagularly at this point, So I feel great.
Speaker 4: I will be ready for the season.
Speaker 1: At the season was today, I'd be ready.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I can't come fast enough.
Speaker 1: That's Tyrese Haliburton right there. Can he come with me tonight to play pick up at Greenwood Christian because you're not going to show up? Hey, do you have Helli Burton's number? I'm going to see if it come up with us. Because you said that the pace was too slow? Did you at Greenwood Christians? Well yeah, yeah, because it wasn't two weeks ago when you were there. It was kind of last week, not two weeks ago when you were same.
Speaker 4: It's not just to jump up the road like it is for you, I know. So it needs to be worth it, and I honestly, let's be honest, John, Tuesdays are a teeter on worth and value. Sometimes I die.
Speaker 1: I got to pick and choose when I got to rule with a heavy hand on this too, a little bit, because I do ask a lot. But I would if let's just say, for example, they were doing the same thing in broad ripple, I'd go, yeah. But I'm just I'm more hard you. I am more hardcore than anybody out there, you guys, especially almost fifty seven years of age. And I don't know if it's something I should be proud of, but I'm probably going to be proud of it because I enjoy it. So is Halliburton. If he's playing pickup? Who's he playing pickup with?
Speaker 4: We know that would be a good question.
Speaker 1: Who can tell me who is he playing with? Teammates or some of those scrubs on the training staff, which one.
Speaker 4: Could be, but I don't know. All right, that's a great update though, in great news, because there is some at least in the last couple of months, you know, just ever since the shingles. I mean, we wondered how far would that set him back? And it's good to know that he's he's ready to go.
Speaker 1: I love it. That is the words of Tyree Haliburton. So the NBA schedule, we'll find out about the Pacers along with the rest of the NBA coming up tomorrow. When are we going to find out who is going to carry their games? How the folks out there that aren't going to the games are going to be able to tune in and watch. I'm assuming now that is going to be have we've heard nothing else. It's not like anybody else is going to swoop in with these grand ideas, so it's going to end up being disonne right, I'm assuming I don't see any other suitors, so it does look like that. I don't know, Well, I can't Wish TV do it. I guess they're just online too though they don't have any programming.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. What can't they do it over there? We're going to have lead INDs with Gina Galleros. Gina Galleros to the Pacer Games. I think everybody would dig that. Everybody loves Gina. Remember when Gina used to be on this show. She hasn't been on the show in a while because she anchors it Wish getting the paycheck, but sometimes apparently not everybody does.
Speaker 4: Is there any part of you, John that like, will they get to a point?
Speaker 1: For you?
Speaker 4: As someone who has covered this team for years and you feel like you got to watch these things. Is there any part of you that's like, will toss toss the idea around in your head about if I will pay a certain amount or you just feel like you're gonna have I gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I gotta. I mean really, that's the reason why I've stuck with direct TV right and that clown show as long as I have. It's just I want something easy. The problem I'm going to have is I guarantee whatever this is, and especially if it is streaming with really only past reference in mind here, I can't imagine how easy this is going to be. So but yeah, thirty five dollars a month. I just I don't want to have to go off on them, and I'll have to go off. I don't want to go off like I don't want to go off on you guys, like last night at the field I don't want to go off on you. Listen. I know that, for the most part that Indiana fans are incredibly knowledgeable about basketball, but some of those inside that field House last night aren't. It is a different crowd. And as I've said before, the whole phenomenon of Caitlin Clark has unearthed a lot of fans that wouldn't know a basketball from nothing, and they just go to watch her. And you know, again, you could take your cue from her or like you're doing or trying to do the head coach, you can also try to run her off. But I know this state is full of basketball fans. I just don't think that you want to put them in that position. And again, we don't know anything, so maybe they won't, but you can't do it. Two, three, nine, ten? Evy is that numbers? My buddy? Josh on? Hold right here? Hello, Josh? How were you pally? Good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Are you going to the State Fair? Buddy? Boy? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I already did it yesterday, and you did. I walked that fair ground three times.
Speaker 1: You walked it three times? Now? Did did you eat anything over that? Josh?
Speaker 4: Mini?
Speaker 5: Pizza's fourth Mini people had.
Speaker 1: The boy right there? There? You go? Hey? Did you hear your song request on Saturday night? I get you a couple of different times, you know what? And you called it a little bit later than normal too. I made sure I made sure to put you in a really good spot.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You got it well. I'm glad you went to the State Fair. You plan on going back. I don't know, all right, anything else Josh today and I'm good, all right, buddy, I'll talk to you on Saturday night. Okay, pal bye. That is our good friend. Josh.
Speaker 4: My man is a p one. I love Josh. I love hearing from him.
Speaker 1: Back here.
Speaker 4: I went to the State Fir for the first time Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you went with Mo and thats Betsy and Mo.
Speaker 4: We had a great time.
Speaker 1: I I so.
Speaker 4: I went to the dairy bar. Loved it because I know you can't go there without going.
Speaker 1: There, so that was really cool. Would you milkshake it up or some shaked it up? No yogurt? They had Greek yogurt, and you don't that what you would have went with. I probably would have. I don't know. I might have gone a little ice cream.
Speaker 4: I had the big deal grilled cheese, which is I would not have done that problem.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I was a fan. It was on a Keto wrap. I would do it. I don't know if I do the cheese. I do cottage cheese on a Keto Baby. I'm all about that.
Speaker 4: Goodness. We need to have, like a I would like to have a taste test of like all the things you put cottage cheese on and just see get into your world of your diet. You do eat a granola bar right after the show hits six o'clock. Not it, Well, it's it's not granola bo it's a protein bar. Okay, you you right when that?
Speaker 1: Because I don't eat all day and I'm hungry as hell. I can't lie when I get off the air. I'm hungry. I'm hungry. No. Plus, I got to get it out of the way because normally I go play Whop and I can't have any of that stuff sitting around in my stomach. But I I go to the quest bar, it's normally a quest bar. Now, somebody out there I probably need. Do they call it weed or wean trying to get off of something? Do I weed or wean myself off of something? Ween? Ween? Haven't heard this expression before. I know ween is something completely different. So I don't know if I want to wean myself with anything like weed could be too weed and wean. But I kind of need to get away from protein bars. I kind of wonder what would happen if I got away from protein bars. But that's kind of a staple along with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt and you know the other proteins, the tuna stuff that I eat. I have gathered that the best protein bars in the market are those ones that are in the gold packaging called David. Now, they're also the most expensive. They're the lowest in calorie and the highest in protein, but they're also the highest in price tag. Can anybody else tell me? They also may as a part of their diet utilize the protein bar, which would you believe to be the best because I've had them all. I go Quest, I go fit Crunch, the barbells, the protein plus for a moment when I first started the Builders things, and those are all high and I don't do I normally don't do anything that's over two hundred calories. I have to keep it between like you know, whatever is below one ninety. So I do need help with that. I guess I need to go to the vitamin shop and ask. But normally it's a fight between Quest and fit Crunch, and all that stuff is so expensive. I get like five for like seven bucks, four for nine bucks with the Quest bars, and I think the only reason why it curbs your appetite is it wears your jaw muscles out because it's like chewing on a spare tire. If you have a quest bar, it is literally like chewing on a spare tire. No wonder, I'm not hungry anymore, My god, I'm gonna go out here and gnaw on this tire out in the parking seriously, protein bars. Chris Presley says, it's wean and not weed. I'm not weeding myself off of anything. I will if I do something with weed, it's right ingested or puff away on it. I'm weaning and it's not ween as inn ee in. That would be weener, right, I guess no, that'd be ei in. I'm weaning myself off of it, but I don't have to if you guys come up with some good examples for me right here, But I think David the David's seem to be the best. But I'm not quite sure. My computer just froze up right here. Cale. That's weird, must be with all the incredible response to that protein bar question, all right, saw them on Wilcott's Top of the Hour Serious ExM NFL Radio. We'll talk Colts, Colts and Patriots coming up tomorrow. By the way, four point thirty at this time tomorrow will be eighteen minutes deep into the Colts pre game huddle. This is one thing you guys are absolutely going to love. That is a little bit different. Now. We've always had Rick Venturi on, who is awesome, but he will be on even more now and that starts tomorrow four point thirty the Colts pregame huddle. That will be since it's a road game, it will be me and Casey and Bill Brooks and Rick Venturi will join. I think that's going to be absolutely outstanding. I think everybody's got to be a part of that. Coming up tomorrow at four thirty will lead you into that first Colts preseason game on the road in Foxborough versus the Patriots. Oh and by the way, on Friday, keep this in mind too, Pivot Balcony Bar before Dallas and the Fever play. We'll be right across the street, Pivot Balcony Bar, high at Place and Pat Boyl and Debbie Antonelli in the five o'clock gower will join us there along with what we normally do on a Friday, but we'll be at Pivot and I am looking for you even if you just agree with my thoughts on what took place yesterday, whether it's what took place with you know, Stephanie White beforehand, the booing of her, or the aftermath and the postgame pressers, that doesn't really matter. See, there's one place where I want to be different. We don't have to because we disagree, be pissy at one another. That's the ultimate. And soft we may not agree on everything, but the pissiness has to go. That's the ultimate in Soft. But Friday Pivot, balcony bar, all of us together, the common bond, the common theme, and I promise it will be absolutely outstanding. Don't go anywhere. Sulomon Wilcot's top of the Hoe with this is ninety three five and one seven The ride with JMV.
Speaker 3: Have you ever killed anyone? Yeah, but they were all bad.
Speaker 5: Ninety three five and one oh seven five.
Speaker 1: All right, Crunch kick on the inbound courtesy of Gritty, and this is a part of my routine. Gritty suggests that Fitch Crunch not good protein bars. They have too many calories for the amount of protein. I always thought they were good, and one of the dudes that told me they were really good was Matt Bear right across the hall ninety three WIBC rule of thumb. According to Gritty, take the total protein per bar times ten. If the calorie count is more than this figure, it is not a good bar. Holy crap, I gotta do math, Gritty. I e twenty eight grams ten equals two to eighty times ten equals two to eighty maximum calorie. I'd never go above that man shooting done my fit crunch. Isn't that guy that created that a doctor? Did? Doctor? Feel good? Chris writes this JMV yesterday's presser blaming the media was just a bad look in my opinion. But a deep run in the postseason, and dare I say making the WNBA finals and all this drama would be forgotten. They went all the way to the semi finals final game and almost advanced of the finals last year, and they had people you'd never heard of playing on the team. Who was the coach of that team?
Speaker 4: Caleb Whoefannie White?
Speaker 1: Thank you? And by the way, the media wasn't whom she was blaming. The jackasses were Say what you want about the local media, but there was no blame on the Tony East or well he wasn't in the room. He's not allowed to be in the room, right, is Doel in the room or Agnes? And I don't think they're in the room. Those in the room the local media, now I know Tony was, Yeah, they were not to blame. It's the jackasses, you guys. There's a difference here, the verbal grifters. You know exactly who they are, all right, those that she quote we're calling divisive and that maybe some of you. It wasn't the media at least that's I did. And again, don't take this any other way. Then that's what had to happen after Saturday, and then all you had to hear was what Kayln Clark had to say, and then Sophie Cunningham being there, and I thought he got it right. You guys are blaming the situation on stuff that does not matter. Twenty one and twelve matters. The other stuff, and especially when maybe you have, like me, a smallish brain, it's infiltrated by dumb assery. You're gonna get all the wrong ideas. The right ideas are the outcome on the floor, and that's the ultimate judgment. Solomon Wilcott's going to join us on the other side, stay right there, ninety three five one oh seven five. The Fan, The Ride with.
Speaker 5: JMV Play Him, Played That to Me and his Money ninety three to five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 1: Solomon Wilcott's coming up in a couple of minutes, high sign whatever you guys, make contact Jammie. None of these will help you in the price department. But just like with your Cottage cheese, you want to avoid the artificial ingredients. Prima, Jacob and Lineage are all clean. I have Jacob Bars right now, and they also happen to taste pretty good. I've never seen any of that trio of protein bars. What do I shop at Kroger's Where I get my protein with? Tally?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Tally, Hey, here's the one right now. It is the quest Chocolate Brownie. This is what it says. Let's do the math on this gritty twenty grams of protein and let's see. Sorry, hear that one hundred and seventy calories. Twenty grams of protein one hundred and seventy calories. But unfortunately it is like chewing on a spare tire that tastes like a brownie. True story. Thank you, Jared, for that update right there. I appreciate it. You guys are all over for me right here. Corey writes this, some folks need to wean off of the jackassery.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I think we're over run with jack assery. It's almost like sometimes it's fighting a losing battle, Corey. But I'm trying to maintain. I'm trying to do what I can. Fever a winner last night, Fever twenty one to twelve on the season. And we have talked about and I went off about a lot of the ridiculousness and why what was said before the game by the head coach, Stephanie White was what needed to be said. Now. You wish that some things would have been learned a little bit earlier, and some things would have happened back on Saturday, but what needed to be said publicly for her team absolute and I think she just wanted to go off on us a little bit too. And I would include myself for what I talked about on Monday, you know, regarding not talking about the Carrington fowl as being reckless and not completely publicly verbally leaving translation wiggle room, you know, And that's the most important thing to do today. Is make sure that there is no room for a loose translation. Greg Brady would be proud of this, and remember he had to bail on it. The exact words. You have to make sure that you leave no wiggle for a different interpretation, and especially somebody like that where they're going to people are going to nitpick absolutely every syllable. Now I'm assuming somebody down there has explained that I would just go all in on team all the time and leave it about what goes on on the floor. The problem is you get a lot of different questions because we live in a world of jackasses and there's so many of them out there that want to know other things that don't matter. I mean, that's why you got this. Enis Kanner Royce White there and those are the two biggest jackasses that have ever played in the NBA, by the way, Now you got that, and oh yeah, they're doing it for the betterment. We're doing it for all the girls. You know, you're doing it for yourselves. So you're doing it for Yet you're just going to lead some of those numb nuts around by the nose. They go, oh yeah, I know what they're doing. You No, you don't let me explain anyway, Fever and Dallas coming up on Friday, and regardless of our views on this, the Pivot buck Any Bar is one hell of a place to hang to celebrate. It's a pregame and to talk to me and Pat Boiling and Debbie Antonelli, who is one of my old time favorites. That is coming up on Friday. Pivot Balcony Bar right across from Gambridge Field House, right across Pennsylvania. We'll be out there with Herst and Lamontes. It is going to be a blast. Gritty writes this. These only have sixteen grams of protein, but two hundred and forty calories. See, those are the big bars. Though I only used like, I don't go above two hundred grit shout out to Robert Irvine the Fit Crunch, But those are the big bars. I don't do the two hundred and four. I'm not doing anything two hundred and forty calories unless it's alcohol, then I might do that. But to me drinking beer and reaching that it will take me a minute to get there with beers. That makes sense, man, Hopefully it does. Tyree Saliburton proclaims himself one d percent ready to go. Did he discuss anything about I didn't see this earlier today, anything about the celebrity softball game coming up a couple of mondays from now. I'm sure he did, but there is not the clip that made uh. I did not hear that him saying he was healthy. I did not, and I doubt if I get an invite. I haven't played softball in the while. Now, I'm good enough shape to play softball, all right, I haven't played in a while, but tyree salad. But the news of the day was on and good to go. The NBA will announce the schedules for all the teams coming up tomorrow, and then I'm assumed at some point we're going to find out exactly who the content carrier will be for the Pacers sooner rather than later. And again hopefully that this is with relative ease on your budget, or maybe no further impact on your budget, because frankly it does it has to be. You really can't ask fans to do too much more here. I mean, it's better enough. Like for the WNBA, you got to go around to nineteen different places to watch games, and that can't just drive me nuts. And I know I'm not very bright. But that also has to impact you too. I don't know how it does it, but for me it is problematic. You want something a little bit more universal, and I know, but the NFL is different. You're gonna say, well, look what the NFL does. Yeah, the NFL more than likely anybody that's anybody is going to regardless tracked down wherever. These games are not so much of the others. It is just different. You got to view the NFL differently. JMV. I thought of you this morning when I got home from my overnight shift. I was starving but didn't want to eat a ton trying to fit into this tuxedo for my buddy's wedding next month. Caleb. So, I had a bowl of cottage cheese, but wanted tacko meat thrown in there too. It was actually pretty damn good. I'm telling you, cottage cheese the front runner right now. Cotta cheese wise, Mulu, m u lu Walmart locations, Moulu. There's a red and a blue outline container, Mulu.
Speaker 4: So do I need to try cottage cheese with taco meat?
Speaker 1: Now? You can if you want. I just do I go playing? I know you do. Moo Lou is what it's called, everybody, and it is absolutely outstanding. If you like cottage cheese, eh, if you don't, maybe not so much. Elvis writes this jav Stephanie White reminds me a lot of Rick Carlisle. She lets the team go through the flow during the season, but makes amazing adjustments at the end of the season and during the playoff. Now we'll say what Elvis is saying. A lot of you are going, oh, yeah, amazing because you have this preconceived notion that has nothing to do with basketball. You guys have been pounded into your brain. Well, remember her Vanderbilt. She's not coaching Vanderbilt right now. She's coaching a highly talented team, and her teams that we have witnessed in the past, they will come around and play better as the season goes along. That's what you do see with this group. The tail the tape is going to be the results and that's it.
Speaker 4: That is it.
Speaker 1: All this other stuff. Just factor it out. How you feel. Oh, you're mad because she cussed. You're mad because she said built on love, let everybody go to hell. Of course she was angry. You ever been angry? You're going to say the same thing, You're gonna act the same way every single time. And really with only two people, it's like everybody think about everybody around here. Even like local numbnut politicians are involved on this, they wouldn't know a basketball from their ass. Can you imagine handing out advice here? Stick to what and the reason why you were voted in and why. I don't know, but stick to that. We don't need to hear your can you. That's why I don't offer my opinion in politics? Why should anybody take your opinion other than I guess they want her fired anyway? Why would anybody want to take the basketball opinion of Micah beckw with for God's sake? Seriously, why would you ever want to do that? Now? If he were playing, you know, a game of sorry, let me take that, take the advice on sorry or trouble or maybe stay alive the otherwise with he or Jim Banks. Seriously, the only reason why you would agree is because you have been led down this path. It is about the basketball, and the part that needed to be done verbally was accomplished with what she had to say that, for the most part, was taken for her team what she didn't say on Saturday made her positionally speaking thrust into that last night. She had to say that, because that's what's going to mess you up right there. You want to make sure the team that is constantly you got to keep them wound tight and together. Yeah, Saturday, after the game, he kind of wondered about that, and there should be no wonder right now. DAMNV. My kids eat the Built puff bars from Sam's Club, Seventeen grams of protein, only one forty with the caloric intake.
Speaker 4: People are loving this protein age.
Speaker 1: If teenagers like the way the taste, you might think the container marsh Miller and Swee. I've had the Built I'm not a big fan of them. I get what you're saying, though they are lower in calories. JMV. The WNBA doesn't rate this amount of airtime. I'll tell you what, Hey, Bill, I'll decide that you just listen or choose not to. I'll decide what gets the airtime and what does it I know I've been doing this for the better part of twenty five years. I have a pretty damn good idea what I need to be talking about. Thank you. So if it's about the WNBA, or cottage cheese or protein bars, or the cold to the preseason game tomorrow night, or the Seahawks and hard knocks, I'll talk about it, or the schedule release tomorrow or Tyrese Haliburton, I'll talk about it. I got a pretty good IDEA matter of fact, after twenty five years, I think I'm a genius at this. I'm not a genius at every now, I'm a genius at knowing what to talk about. Thank you, Bill. I appreciate the helper, but it is unnecessary. I got it. Thank you, Davy. I agree with you. I think the comparison between the Pacers and the Fever and their offense and pace of play their ballpark, I completely agree. That's exactly how I feel when I watch them very similar. And when you look at the circumstances too. You think about the Pacers, and especially going back a couple of years ago for when they were when they were swept by the Celtics. You know, not two years ago, but I guess now three years ago. When they were swept by the Celtics. The issue was not offense. You can count on the offense. The issue was ever getting a stop or as I described it, providing any resistance whatsoever. That's what this team has to figure out. Now. It seems like, at least numbers wise, from what I'm told, they're getting better at it. But there are similarities, and their pace of play will where folks out, will wear the other teams out. Now, the difference in that is, and that's what I brought up to John Nolan a little bit earlier today. The difference in that is what you see in Minnesota. Minnesota is equipped. Now, Minnesota has some good players, and as I said, I'm not actively going to turn over or turn on I should say in this case every w NBA game, because some of it is and can be boring as hell. But I can get down with the fever, and it starts with their pace of offensive play and shot making ability. And the Big Three do it as well as certainly any other trio on the same team, if there is any in that league. But I get down with that. JMV. It would be very disappointing if you cannot fully enjoy the State Fair because of your dietary restrictions. That's said, avoid the corn dog beer that sounds like some try now and again, I only drink low calorie beer. I'm just low calorie. See here's why I've lost eighty pounds. But I can't trust me. Sometimes my decision making is a bit erratic. I can't trust myself. So this is very a very rain man ish quality that I have. Once I get into a routine, I tend to stay in that routine for the rest of my life. And that's kind of it. I can't trust myself. Sometimes my judgment is a little food barish. I mean, hell, I'm just like anybody else out there. We're all the same gang on this. I'm not going to give myself the opportunity to go home and sit down and carve up a half a pound block of Colby cheese like I used to do, or eat a box of crackers, or the baked the baked potato chips, Caleb baked lays. I used to think, Hey, you know what I'm eating, Bakelay's, It's all good, And it really wasn't. It wasn't good at all.
Speaker 4: Speaking of what you eat, those pickles that we had on Friday are still sitting in the fridge.
Speaker 1: They know the donkey the donkey dongs, so I have not touched them because they are pretty hot. But I believe that I dripped on a pair of my shoes and I think it burned a hole in them, and you drab something out of it. The donkey dongs are still in there, and why is because they're pickles, right, But they're also mixed in with hal apeno peppers are in there too. JMV. Moe Zouver here, here we go. I think you said it all. Coach White is known for having teams getting better as the season goes on. That is the task of a good coach and in the end being in the mix for a championship. That's who the Fever are right now. And that's who the Fever were. If you remember a year ago in I mean some of you were a part of that team and you guys can't play a lick seriously, honesty, Simms was one of the best players on that team late in the season a year ago. So true, I can't read some of this. Some of you are ripping on me and others aren't. Some of this I can't read. I apologize some of it. I need to edit on the fly, and I'm not that good at doing it. Nothing better than JAMV slimming down a take from Charman toilet paper. Yeah, they're right, that's what we try to do around here. I keep in mind tomorrow four thirty Colt Spree game, how doll we start? There will be a lot of Rick Venturi coming up tomorrow, a lot of me leading the way. And after that, let's make sure because I know some of us have argued today, right, some of us have argued today, but let's get together. Let's put the arguments away and have some fun at the highatt Place Pivot Balcony bar with Hurst and La Montes before the Fever and Dallas on Friday. Let's do that, and you can even buy the beers. I'll buy one, you buy two, all buy one, you buy three. You don't like that, we'll do it like that. But I promise a fantastic time. So around this time check that I'm sorry. Around our start time tomorrow at three o'clock, we're going to find out the Pacers schedule. Do we all know there have been any leaks on how many nationally televised games, Because when you think about what their content provider is going to be, maybe if you get a lot of nationally televised games, that takes a little bit of the emphasis is off. Ultimately, what you're going to have to pay to watch the pacers, considering who their provider that selection might be. Do we know at all?
Speaker 4: There is nothing that I've seen right now.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen a damn thing either, buddy, so damn.
Speaker 4: I think today was like Amazon Primes Day to announce the NBA Cup schedule, because they have that. I think they have the MLK Day games, so they announced that, but nothing on the pacers. Nothing on the pacers. So hey, we're just gonna get it all at three o'clock tomorrow. A lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: So this is the absolute best. This is the best. And this is how you know that somebody has sent you. And I know that Shane is mad because he's soft and Boon's pharmash here, but this is how you know somebody has their entire head stuffed right up their ass. Are you ready? This is Shane? You ready? I don't do we have a drummer roll on this one? Got any type of sound effects for Shane? Right? This is great? Right, this is great, This is great. You're ready? And Shane's mad and I'd be mad too because Shane's the soft ass and I'd be mad because I called Shane out as being that. I'd be mad too, not as mad as this, not as stupid as this, but I'd be a little irritable. This is Shane H who's got a couple of boons farm loaded up and ready to go, because he's one of the softest dudes in Central Indiana. You're right, do the new woke owners woke? This is the first time that's ever been lobbed at me on this show. In my life. Woke woke owners make y'all talk so much fever now and constantly suck their rear. That's from Shane H right here. This station used to be great. Other than KB, it's turned into garbage. All right. That's the first time that's ever been told to me. Because I think you guys all know where I stand on this. The reason why we're talking about it is because it is the biggest story locally, and if you've noticed, Shane, one of the largest stories nationally. And I'm here to educate, and I'm here to educate through talking the realities of the sport on the floor. I don't often venture into the off the floor stuff because that's stuff we don't know but in terms of what was said last night before the game, that's easy. It's like coaching one. I got to make sure my team is still with me. That's easy. You got to make up for what you didn't do on Saturday. New Woke owners again almost twenty five years. I do whatever I want, whenever I want. That's it now. Guidelines are understood. But never ever has anybody had a problem with a lot I have said about anything. Never, and I'm an equal opportunity when it comes to politics. I think you all suck, all of you. So I don't know if that means if that's woke. That's the first time ever. This is a magic moment in my existence, right woke. So it's almost like you're describing me as woke. But again that's from Shane, who maybe these softest man of all time. Well, don Shane. So I would advise you of this, and I think you should. I think you should step away from this show and it will be okay and continue to listen to the morning show and KB. I don't want you to go away from that, but make sure you fully understand that. From three until six and across the board, really on the station Monday, through Friday. We really all do whatever we want. But the reason why we talk so much favor is because it is one of the biggest stories out there. As I told you too, as far as WNBA is concerned, I really can't stand to watch a lot of it, But I can get down with watching them because I like offensive basketball and I dig the pace of play in the shop making ability, and oftentimes you don't get that at the WNBA. Mean hell, oftentimes you don't get that in a lot of forms of basketball, So that can be a turnoff for me. That is why I'm completely turned on by the Pacers, and that's why my concern is if they have to compromise their pace of play at all, that their major edge could go away. That's why, not last year, but the prior two years, I absolutely fell in love with that group in Tyreese Halliburton because they put so much offensive pressure on the opposition that that also could work defensively for them. I love it, love it, but woke so No. The reason why we talk about it is because it's a hot button topic. Just so you know, thank you Shane for that Boone's Farm celebration for Shane across the Board, Quick Break will come back. We got John Nolan podcast. Is Solomon still coming or is the Gonzo here?
Speaker 4: I don't think Solomon has come.
Speaker 1: After reschedule, after a reschedule, we do have field Yates rescheduled because for Friday, Friday, that is field Yates going all in on fantasy too? Is that what the fantasy? But I mean he's very knowledgeable about the entire NFL, So definitely some colts questions. I'm sure you're gonna ask, what's a field on Friday too? We're gonna have to work that him. I got a lot going on Friday.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Ride with Woke JMV returns after this ninety three five and one oh seven five, The Fan of.
Speaker 5: Joy The Ride with JMV on the Bullish Print ninety three five and one oh seven five, The Fan Gotta Love this song from the eighty five album Around the World in a Day. This is Raspberry Beret. Elliott writes this ten years ago, could you ever imagine talking about women's basketball like we do right now? I couldn't two years ago.
Speaker 4: I think he's still to open the show. Yeah, the first things you said.
Speaker 1: Well, and even now there's some of it and I'm just being honest with it. That bores me to absolute tears. But the fever they don't. And it's not because of while why everybody else gets wild.
Speaker 4: Up, which is why, you know, and I certainly understand that opinion. And so that's why, like all of this is so gosh dang depressing because it's getting in the way and we have a team in this town that is so freaking fun to watch, you know, And so that that's where the frustration lies for me and I, you know, we have to come on and talk about this, because you're right, it is the biggest story.
Speaker 1: But I I don't know what I have to tell anybody. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but when I go, you know, last night to watch and any night it is, I try to tell myself like I'm watching for basketball because it's freaking awesome.
Speaker 1: So just like watching them play, I think they I can. I'll go off of the remaining list here. Yeah, I don't know so much about Dallas on Friday, but Page whatever her name is on that team, that's great. Atlanta will be good. I don't care too much about Toronto. Yeah, New York was good last night. The Chicago thing, you know, they stink and all that's going to be surrounding that is, you know what took place with the ridiculous foul and then the aftermath of that. Connecticut stinks Toronto. No, I'm not interested in Washington, but Minnesota and Minnesota back to back. I'm okay with that. So not all of it to me is enjoyable. But again, I'm about pace a play in shop making ability, so I will watch for that. I guess that makes me woke. Woke. I can't believe that's the first time that's ever been targeted in me. Never ever, I don't feel woke a lot of things. I feel a lot of things. I know a lot of things I believe. Does that have a real definition? I don't even know is it? I think people just lobb that charge. If somebody doesn't agree with they agree with right, that's spot on? Is it close to like, what's the other side? There's woe and then there's a dope? Can you also be a dope if you're anti?
Speaker 4: I use dope in different ways.
Speaker 1: Don't take that out of context, but I say, oh, that's dope, that's Do you still say that? Still? I thought that was a nineties thing?
Speaker 4: No, I still say that.
Speaker 1: Dope, I'm gonna start saying dope. I just say I'm not woke, I'm dope.
Speaker 4: You have a rejoinder in here somewhere that's about dope.
Speaker 1: I think, what are you people on dope? Yeah, mister hand from Fast Times at Richmond High that's completely different. In meeting what are you JMV. Dope? That's different. I'm gonna go with dope. I think we're going to change the name of the show to The Ride with Dope because he's dope. JMV. Is Caleb that church league hooper that doesn't cuss but gets really close. It's exactly well, let me tell you this that, Hey, Jeff, that is an amazing text you just sent me and so accurate. And that's because your dad is a former coach, right, did you, Cass.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna see her say I'd never cuss.
Speaker 1: You are like a church league hooper that doesn't cuss, but you get really gosh dang. Now, we also have to keep in mind, I'm comfortable with saying basically whatever I want, and he's he's new and Caleb isn't. Now, I don't care what you do and what you say you do whatever you want. I want you to feel free. But it is different, and I listen, I felt the same way, guys when I was with Mark Patrick back in the day. They were just things that Mark could could say that I wasn't gonna get away with. But after twenty five years, I feel pretty comfortable. I feel pretty comfortable with it. So it's just different. Yeah, at the time when I was with Mark in the first couple of years, I felt exactly, I'm sure like Caleb Fiel's sitting over there right now, and it makes sense. Yeah, it's just all this, all this is earned. You just have to earn your way, and you know, earning that is living and going through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I think there's things that you can say that I probably can't.
Speaker 1: That's h And here's how I evaluate this and what I like about you. You constantly want to work at it. I'm fifty six and a half years old and I still work six days a week. Now. I don't work a jackhammer, so this is not difficult stuff. But I still work all the time because I still have things that I want to accomplish, and I also these are things that I enjoy, So it's not a drag. Oh man, I got to go to work. That's not a drag, and I know with some careers it might be. But I was fortunate enough to find this and it motivates me to work six days a week, or as it will coming up Labor Day weekend, will work seven days a week, and that'll go through when the JMV takeover goes on Christmas Music hiatus. But actually it's funny. I go back like twelve years ago and I remember saying it's time to downsize a little bit. I'm going to downshift and start to kind of chill out. And now I work more than I ever have. But the thing of it is it's fun as hell to do. I have a great time with you guys. Regardless of if somebody tags me as woke, it doesn't really matter. I have a fun time with you guys five days a week, and I have a fun time every Saturday night. So I don't want to see that ever end. It's just a hell of a time, and it really is when I look back on it and how it started and how much I had to work my way up through it all, and you know, realizing goals that you had. My goal was being here in Indianapolis from the time I was really young. It's pretty cool to be a part of that. And it's something that I don't take lightly. And that's why when I say I have these tags on Saturday Night that say just say no to half assed Radio, that's something you're never going to get from me. You're always going to get full ass and we're always going to come in. We're going to come in with thoughts and we're going to come in with energy. And that's six or seven days a week. Because I thoroughly enjoy what I do, and I'm hoping that a lot of you feel the same way about your careers, and if you do, you know exactly what I'm talking about. But Caleb is just embarking on his right now. So he's like the little chair guy that I was with Mark see one of these days like I did with Mark at the time. I was going, Man, Mark, what's going on here? And I didn't really understand what it was until I got a little bit older than I understood what he was doing and how incredible that he was. And honestly, if not the greatest around here to ever do it, certainly is in the top two or three conversation. I look back on being around him and wondering, you know, then you know why, you know, why is he doing this or why is he doing that? And I look back on that and completely understand the genius in it. So that's all about of growth and being dope and not woke. Quick break, we'll come back with you, guys giving up on the other side, he get four thirty tomorrow, Colts and Patriots pregame huddle, we get started. I know when I get the skeletal script to the show that things get real for the cold season. Colts pregame huddle. We started four thirty coming up tomorrow, That means Chapel is going to be earlier on the show. I guess right, coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: He is confirmed for four o'clock tomorrow, right.
Speaker 1: And remember tomorrow about three o'clock we're going to get the official or release. We'll be able to talk about the pacers that are nationally televised games and hopefully one of these days who's going to be their content provider. And then on Friday on the road, I'll explain that and more as we close out coming up on the other side. Thank you guys for being a part of this fantastic day. Naughty three five and one oh seven Fan.
Speaker 5: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 1: You are more reptiled than man. George, so low and flat that the foot of man's.
Speaker 5: Incapable of crushing ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan, along with.
Speaker 1: Church League Hoopin almost cussing, Caleb Zuver, I'm JMV almost cussing. Gosh, dang it, I missed that jumper. Gosh dang it, I do say that. Yeah, I don't. I probably should do that too. I drop everything no matter where I am.
Speaker 4: It's so bad, guys, this is John when he shoots. Can I do an impersonation real quick? We need a jet at this now? No, I will keep it PG and FCC clean here, thank you. But this is you when you shoot a jump shot every time short short, right right when it's in the air and it goes in. Every time anytime you say short right, short right, when I know that it's swish, when I know it's not going in.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I yell? I'm sorry, guys, where the blank is that going? I think that is one of the greatest gloats of all time. Where the blank is that going. That's what happens when your sites are bent. My sites are bent right now? Where the blank is that going? By the way, take advantage of my bent sites eleven until one state fair coming up on Saturday. Shoot free throws against me for prizes state fair passes, and take advantage because my sights are bent. And I believe these are the are these the outdoor goals over there too? So who the hell knows? Well these things are going to be going. Now. It's just free throws, so that's not gonna be that difficult. But take advantage of my sights being bent and win free throw shooting contest with me and especially all of you out there that always wanted to get a piece of me and are mad at me, And yeah, I can beat you. And he's not that good. And again we're just shooting free throws. But there's the time, and who knows. I mean, maybe I'll just go out there and bust your ass for the hell of it in a quick game of one on one. Who knows. But I will be honest with you right now, I'm not in a good position. I'm not in a good That's why I'm going back to Greenwood Christian and I because I've been a mess, I'm going to clean this mess up. Keith College writes this JAMV watching Daniel Jones practice, I find it hard to believe he tore his achilles only eight months ago. Keep up the great work, Thank you, Keith. Colts Patriots preseason week number one. The sense of urgency quote urgency has never been higher, carly ERSA. Gordon. Now, I would suggest it's about time. But now, if the urgency has never been higher, then why are we still going down this similar wide receiving path? Do we know that doesn't match up? Hey, and this is good news for Pacer fans. Tyree Hallerburton deems himself and the Pacers will face Minnesota October the seventh at the Hilton Colisseum in Ames That is the collegiate home hardwood of one Tyree much skinnier version of Tyrese Seliburton. You ever make what what got them to come up with Hilton magic? Have you seen a lot of magic in Hilton? I think there was a time where there was a lot of magic, A lot of magic. Does anybody can anybody break down when that magic occurred? Was it the uh? There was a guy. I believe a left handed dude from Greece back in the early nineties. Do you remember the name Julius Michalk. I think he was six foot ten, but he was a bit stoop shouldered, so that might have made him sixt' seven. I think he should stretched out. He was six'. TEN i think stoop, shouldered he was about sixt. Seven he reminded you of a left Handed Paul mulkeski a little, Bit Julius. MECHLEK i think he came prom To Fred. Hoiberg do you have any mecallect. Highlights i'm sure certain you don't have to get nowhere about, it but there there, Are there are there evidence Of. HILTON i hear about it all the. TIME i just have never really seen why it would be. Called, hey we got to get That hilton. Magic i'm, thinking, well it's just another games and. Aims who? Cares, Sorry Tyreese Tang, tang it's sorry about That hilton. Magic Maybe i'm. Wrong i'm SURE i am.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Right we got extra time coming up here. Too we, do we got anything goes what's on the. Clock time of the clock is how much time we got? Anything eight minutes for it all, right two three nine ten. Seventy. Guys on the other, side we'll create a little bit Of hilton magic on our own right, Here anything goes time for you, guys And i'm sure our good friend's gonna phone as well at two three nine ten. Seventy no matter what you want to talk, about it's the. Time about eight minutes we go where anything goes that's coming up. Next ninety three, five one oh seventy five the, fan.
Speaker 5: The ride with. Jmvme the cream.
Speaker 1: Here the cream of the, crop and there is no one that does it.
Speaker 5: Better ninety three five and one oh seven five the. Fan there Goes hammer And. NIGEL i just told HIM i was. Woke, Hey, nigel AM i? Woke he just walked, out Didn't he's gonna say. This shame To shane call me woke a little bit earlier. TODAY i don't even really know what that.
Speaker 1: Means BUT i didn't even pay enough attention to politics to know or certainly care. Woke they actually both got a big laugh out of. That that's. Funny, Uh anything goes three point seven two three nine ten. Seven if you guys want to chime in in the final, minutes we have on the. Show we got coming up What colt's update and then Update fever weekly coming up here more on The fever twenty one and twelve on the season one more. Time it's what matters more than anything, else all, right before you go all in on the coach again and booth the coach before the game and then kind of look like a jackass and then Have Caitlyn clark call you out and say that you guys made her sick and then run her off one of these days like you're trying to do the, Coach maybe think about that next. Time twenty one and. Twelve if things go, haywire they, lose they don't meet, expectations then we will be critical on the. Coach but until that point in, time the only thing that matters this team and. Winning and don't give me that crap because you tell me all the, time winning's all the matters all it's only about. Winning, well with a lot of, you it clearly is about something. Else don't let it. Be it's about. Winning matt, writes this can confirm played with me At Center grove years. Ago tony d does it, too played with him At Park tutor where the blank is that. GOING i love. That jim Mccannis Southern california, says Bow blair eighteen is pronounced Bal blair. Eighteen the first word sounds like. Ball Oh i'm, sorry Ball blair Ball blair. Eighteen SO i got that. Wrong now there's zero WAY i got the name of that tequila accurately. Too that was one of your funnier live Reads i've ever. SEE i, love and that's what. People hopefully you understand. This those reads THAT i do during the commercial breaks are. Live those are those aren't. Taped those are live because remember this is full ass. Radio we're not half assed into. Anything. Yeah maybe the PRONUNCIATION i GUESS i. DID i think sometimes to make sure you guys are reminded of Where i'm, FROM i have to go with the pronunciations of Where i'm. From that looked like Bow blair to, me Ball. Blair thank, You. JIM Jmv you set this one. Up. Man has magic ever been In? Hilton? No, easy? Easy NOW i know where that's, Going. Jeah jmv if spending three hours a day talking, sports music and pop culture has woked and signed me up neat and broad. RIPPLE. JMV i dropped myself to The State fairgrounds for The one And vixen, concert only to find out The State fair is closed from all the rain we had taking my sorry rear home Man, Gator sorry about. That that's a bummer right, There PALOMINO. Jmv Release shane from his woke misery and talk about Our Red. Legs oh, yeah they didn't win last. Night red's over The White. Sox they got swept over the weekend by The. Nationals did beat The White, sox, though it's well. DONE jamv had a tight window to get. On have to get ready for a work dinner in your favorite, state that would Be. Michigan stay, woke go comes go. Now, Actually i'm supposed to be, dope all, right, guys let's get that. Right not woke. DOPE i am. Dope and you could use that in a couple of different, ways Meaning i'm, Dope hey, cool But i'm a, dope which Means i'm just not very, BRIGHT i don't have the smarts real. Good both in this case will work work just? Fine. Uh John, nolan who is the voice of The fever a little bit earlier podcast one oh, seven fithfan Dot, com And Marlin jackson's big event a skyline room coming up tomorrow night for the preseason game one of The colts The fight For Life foundation With. MARLIN i would suggest for that Preseason game one you attend that. Event my suggestion also is to attend the event scheduled for three o'clock tomorrow this show until four point. Thirty after that The colts Pregame, huddle the official start of THE nfl, season albeit preseason with The colts and The. Patriots coverage begins with us coming up tomorrow at four. Thirty, caleb are you out around tonight Out? Greenwood oh? Man that means we're making a fight At kayla tomorrow on the. Show great, Job, PAL i appreciate.
Speaker 2: That you.
Speaker 1: Guys what a fantastic. Afternoon thank you all for here ninety three five one oh seven five the. Fan have a great.
Speaker 8: NIGHT M.
Speaker 1: Yeahm