Speaker 1: And where are we going here?
Speaker 2: Anything you have a chance against us?
Speaker 1: Mister cowboy gay? What do you like to do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Play chess?
Speaker 3: Screw well, there's play chip. They give off the Jonathan Taylor Chuck Cunning its way, welcome the goal line.
Speaker 4: These are there?
Speaker 1: Put down.
Speaker 4: Dye?
Speaker 3: Why Jonathan Taylor? Where finds corn?
Speaker 5: Here's haliber into the front court?
Speaker 1: Mishandled it?
Speaker 3: Mcgins a shot?
Speaker 1: Has it?
Speaker 3: John? I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: The ride with JMV on ninety three five and one seven five.
Speaker 3: Welcome in on a busy Wednesday. We're on the road tomorrow these Speedway City Garage Hauler parade for Nescar Main Street, and we've got coffee, we've got beer, and we've got celebration, just celebration of the hanging out coming up tomorrow. More on that and just a little bit Fever coming up later off tonight. That tiptime is at eight final game before the All Star break. It is the Fever and Connecticut Sun seven point thirty right here, and it's Tidrow. Tid Row's got you covered here seven thirty All Star Break. Shortly thereafter. Scott Agnes is going to join me a little bit later on from Fieldhouse Files. I haven't really paid too much attention whether or not Sophie Cuttingham, for example, is going to be active during All Star Weekend. I don't even know where it is. Frankly, I don't care. But if you don't have Sophie Cunningham a part of something on All Star Weekend, not necessarily on the All Star team, I'm not suggesting that, but if you don't have a part of something, what in the hell are you doing? What in the hell are you doing? She could, at the very least get out there and shoot some threes. By god, I'm gonna tell you that, and you'll probably get a little bit more notoriety. You know when we say all the time that often the decision makers of the WNBA, or sometimes that of the FEVER can't get out of their own way. These are reasons why we bring that up. These are reasons why I'm not suggesting you make this into a farce, but just get it going. I don't think as of yesterday, I haven't seen as of today if anything has changed but as of yesterday, Kelsey Mitchell wasn't a part of it. Sophie Cunningham wasn't a part of the three point shooting competition. Weird. Well, I'm sure it probably looks well. The raw numbers bear out like this. So you have one of the MVP candidates and then you have the MVP of everybody's interest got to be a part of it. You got to be a part of it. I love this. This is one of my favorite stories of the day. SEC Commissioner Greg Sank reiterated that his conference leaders have had conversations about self governance, but told the ESPN the idea of the SEC creating its own rules is quote not new, and it's not a breakaway from the NCAA. I'm sorry all and I mean, all of this comes down till last year. I love that IU has started all this. Everything is just fine when you're able to dictate terms, and then the terms that you dictate it ends up turning into championships. And then the moment all of a sudden, oh wait a minute, now, what's this. Once upon a time, Indiana the football team, right the program, It was like the little engine that could. Hey, it's great we're gonna climb that hill. We're gonna make some waves. We're gonna play tough on a Saturday afternoon against a good Big ten team. They used to be terrible and now they're kind of good. It used to be such a cute story. I love it. You win a national title and it's no longer cute. Nobody loves it anymore except people around here. You have Nick Saban and you know, wanting political and that's the last thing you should want. The political leaders can't keep track of their own crap, so sure as hell they're not going to be able to do anything with sports. None of them played sports. How are you going to do that? I concentrate on this stuff. Concentrate on my guys that are going out there buying a box of cheese. It's and you don't have to pay five point fifty for them. Concentrate on that. That'd be great. There's your concentration. I don't need. I don't need a politicians veering away from their target job. Well, here's what we have to We have to figure out this sports thing right here. Because all of us played in the seventh grade. Yeah, and then we kept stats in high school. Come on. But no, I love this. Everything was just when your league was dominant, when there was no question about the dominance of the SEC, everything is fun, and now everything is foo bar. It's hilarious. I love it. Greg Sanke is such a whiner. That league is such a whining league. And I love the fact that you saw IU in this football program a year ago, cut right through the middle of it, especially doing what they did to Alabama and the Rose Bowl. There's nothing better than that. That may have been my favorite game. I mean hell, I went down to Miami and I watched them beat the Hurricanes on their home field. And people still want to argue that, well, that wasn't an impressive run. It was down teams and they had an easy schedule. They had to play the national title game on the home field of their competition. Dumb nuts and nothing easy about it. They got done exactly what they had to get done. And you're gonna say, well, this wouldn't happen, This wouldn't happen right now without James nil the transfer portal, where would we be. I got news for you. There's a lot of stuff with all of us right now that's going on, and it wouldn't happen without something else evolving or taking shape or happening itself. But guess what we have to do. We have to deal with it. Hey, I wish, I wish I was still on an AM signal, James. They told me I shouldn't be. And then what's this? Nuts is Downtown sitting on top of it trying to sell it like that albatross of a building? Good luck? What is that? Thirty five million dollars for that building? That's what I think I heard last Yeah, I think that's very reasonable in pricing, very reasonable price tag.
Speaker 4: You just love ragging on that building, man, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Like ragging on Pat Walsh a lot more than the building. Be honest with you and listen. I understand like Jeff Smolly and he started the genre and I have thanked him many times for that, but we all know how that ended, so I don't have to celebrate that part of it. I think that's fair and I just try to be fair. But seriously, we all have to evolve in situations. Do you think I like to act like I'm twelve years old and do videos every single hour? I don't, but that's a part of it. It's evolving, and I would still think the way things have taken shape today, the way things take shape in college athletics. I mean really for me, I'm an Indiana State grad. That's the mid majors are the ones that gets grued because they go out and find the talent that everybody else will looks and then they work with it. They cultivated, and as quickly as humanly possible, once that talent gets an offer, they get the hell out of dodge. They're done. That's where it's difficult. Yeah, I'll tell you what, Greg Sanchie stand up for Indian State University. You make dork now, seriously, I love it. I absolutely love the whining because nobody cared. Nobody cared when everything was stacked in their direction. Nobody cared. You know what they can hold true to for the Michigans and the Ohio states of the world. What you do is you evolve in the situation in which you're in. I don't know if I ever felt going back to I remember once upon a time I was quoted. I was quoted at a drunken pool party in Green County by saying, yeah, you know what I think. This is twenty fifteen. I'm gonna start taking I'm gonna start taking some responsibilities off of my plate, and you know, you kind of let others. But again, the circumstances dictated me taking the bull by the horns instead. And all of a sudden, Man, it is it is work. It is work. It is work. Six days a week, I work. I never thought back in twenty fifteen, I was going to be working six days a week. And I know a lot of you work six days a week as well. And I'm not working a jackcamer by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a tremendous woos and a lot of people out there listening. They're on the farm fields, they're working their ass off. I come in here in the ac rocking this Oornsburg shirt from nineteen seventy eight and yap for three hours. That's nothing. But I never thought that I would be doing this as hard as I'm doing this at the age of fifty six. Why because the climate dictates me working as hard. Because you look at the landscape that is offered out there. Everybody that now is taking the opportunity as they should to provide those with open ears and open minds content. They're doing it you can go to Best Buy and set yourself off of the studio and you're off and running. So you have to continue to work. You just do that is never going to stop. And it almost seems like the sec in this case is not about wanting to continue to work. It's oh, we liked it. Really when the chips are stacked in our favor. You know, what is this little Indiana thing going on here? Well it's nil. Where's Nick Saban? Can he go to Capitol Hill and whine about stuff too, But we can all sit here and gripe about it the entire time. But here's my choice. I choose to think it's absolutely hilarious. Because you have IU football that is the defending national champion, and they've got the college football hierarchy, the history, the blue bloods as I've talked about before, they got them all twisted. It's beautiful, all twisted just because of that, because of a coach that had ideas, and because you have a new set of rules that the institution and the program take full advantage of. Man, that's exactly what everybody else in the world is doing right now. Seriously, it's a beautiful thing. I don't normally want to sit here and like just rag on the sec the entire time. But it's fun. Tell what, get Kirby smart, get down to business here. You got one of the biggest cheating crooks in the world now coaching in LA. He's been all over the map. You guys don't care all of a sudden, you care about something, don't care. All you care about is winning. I love that IU football took everybody's lunch money last year because I you football had their lunch money taken for the better part of for decades plus, or at least until I was a help. Even before I was born, everybody was taking their lunch money. Now IU does it? Now you does it? We we can't live with this. We're going to break away. It's not breaking away, it's absolutely what it is. Breaking away. It's like Lebron James trying to tell us he's not chasing a ring. There is nothing that is more defining of ring chasing than Lebron James ring chasing and hype embracing. That's what he's doing. Give me some and I want to ring. Give me some more love. I haven't had enough love yet. Can you give me some love? Hey? Rich, Rich Paul, can you go on every show imaginable now and give me some love. It's not about ring chase at one percent about ring chasing. You're trying to leave no doubt in the comparison of all time against Michael Jordan. I want to leave no doubt because people are always going to have doubt always and I love this. Uh thankees opening comments going back earlier this week with the sec in mind quote, American culture expects March madness to happen, he said, they expect the Cinderella story. There's no bigger Cinderella story in the world than in two years doing what IU football has done and then doing doing your big time program of the process. That's beautiful. He didn't bring this up, but others do. When he talk about IU and their path to a national title. Well, you know, the regular season was so easy. They navigated the regular they were unbeaten, navigated the regular season, wiggled out of situations that other teams, I don't care how good you are, would not have wiggled out of. Given the circumstances, you had to win on the road in Eugene, Oregon and then had to beat that same Oregon Duck team again Alabama the Rose Bowl, which was hilarious, and again you had to beat your competition on its home field. And by the way, too, there was no semblance of it being the Miami Hurricanes home field because South Florida was packed full of incredibly rabid IU fans. I was there and I saw it. Couldn't believe it. Everywhere you want was like Bloomington, South Florida is awesome. I love it. This is exactly if this is the world in which we're going to live and college athletics, man, I would suggest that I you continue to feast. Others that are taking advantage of this continue to feast, and the old blue bloods are gonna whine. Wow, we got that to discuss. If you guys like at two three nine ten seventy three one seven two nine ten seventy that is on the text line today. Uh, that just stuck out to me. This does too, James. Have you heard me say this? Before I played high school baseball, I played softball. Now I was a catcher, so there was zero way I was going out there without this. I always felt one of the greatest inventions of my lifetime in terms of athletic equipment was the jockstrap with a pouch in front, kind of like a kangaroo jockstrap. I love that because, yeah, I hit you know, a cup, and you slide that right down in that pouch. It is Oh it's savvy. Oh yeah, because I go back to the day where I had to like wear underwear and then some tie the jockstrap over the day's view is not comfortable. And because I didn't have it, really there was not a lot to hold anything. Then my cup was sliding down my leg like if I ever made contact with the ball and put it in play. I'm running first base and headway. Hold on a second, I got to slow down. My cup is around my ankles right now, we're dangling down there. But the invention of it, and I don't know if they still I have not. Honestly, I'm not rocking jockstraps too often anymore. I probably should to be honest.
Speaker 4: With you, not rocking one right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't play softball or baseball anymore. But my point is I never ever stepped on a diamond, seriously without wearing a cup. Ever. Does anybody out there agree with me on this? Any dude out there, any dude out there agree with me. Have you ever stepped or not? Have you ever gone on a diamond and you've had this thought in mind. I'm never going on a baseball diamond, a softball diamond without rock and a cup.
Speaker 4: I'm an agreement.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See the Oakland A's player that fouled the ball off his sack I did. That should really tell the entire world. Why in the world am I out here without a cup? I'm assuming he was not wearing a cup, right, Well, I mean you ruptured your testicle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, unless you know, the impact was so great that it, you know, shock waves or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Foul the ball off his sack, that's brutal.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming he wasn't wearing protective equipment.
Speaker 3: I think that. I think that most cups nowadays are made solidly, so I think even a major league level baseball player, if you foul that off your you're junk, that it wouldn't be as bad as a ruptured testicle. Yeah. I can't even say that without pain.
Speaker 4: I never understood why people would not wear a cup. I mean when I played recreit like rec football, back when I was younger, like you, know, middle school era, we definitely had people who chose not to go onto the field wearing a cup, and I never understood it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a cup wear I'm not like rolling around like well, I don't know I should even say that. I mean, no, better not. You know, I think when you have to stop and think about it for a moment, you probably shouldn't say it. But yeah, I've never really understood that. And what's funny about it is, I think most people in baseball, I think there's a higher percentage that don't wear cups. Here, let's text Tucker Barnhart and see the percentage of cup wearing major League baseball players. Ask him that that.
Speaker 4: Would just be insanity to me. I mean with how no way, with how fast people are pitching, and with how fast those balls come off the bat. No, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: And also you have to also consider who you are, because it is more than likely that a hard hit ball is probably gonna find your crotch. It's just way that it is. Are you a lucky person, unlucky person, it's probably gonna find you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Knowing me, my luck wid would run out pretty quick.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely brutal. Right there, that was tough. I love it. James, Please remind Jamie there's such a thing as too much horn talk with a fella should be aware of it. Horn talk, horn talk. No, no, no, no, no, uh uh no, there's not. This is sports, and this is something that is really important that I've always said this. Never ever go on a baseball diamond of any kind when you're going to participate without rocking a cup. It's not doesn't help you, It doesn't slow you down. I shouldn't say, doesn't hinder you from running. Agreed. I don't care what grade you're in.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm an agreement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's weird how people universally do not agree with that particular statement, but it is absolutely true. All right, busy show today, we have tickets once again. You guys have been all over the tickets and we have tickets once again for Garth Brooks. Four shows in all, James, it has been incredibly exciting, has it not?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: It has been. I mean what was it yesterday? Seventy plus almost eighty people texted in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Garth Brooks tickets coming up a little bit later on. I should mention too, the Speedway City Garage that is tomorrow it will be as I talked about this yesterday as well, absolutely outstanding. The Speedway City Garage, Founder's Grounds Coffee and pax Verum brewing a variety of beers and including a very light beer for me right there, very low in calories, just steps away from the world's greatest racetrack. And then tomorrow they have the NASCAR Hauler Parade going down in Speedway Main Street. I have not been there. I don't want to give a shout out to Jeff Matthews who has invited us to be there. Now it says Monday through Thursday six thirty to eight, Friday six thirty until ten. I'm assuming tomorrow is going to open up early for me at three o'clock.
Speaker 4: I would assume, because.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a Thursday of doing some drinking, and you guys all got to join me the Speedway City Garage tomorrow. I want to give a shout out. I am a tremendous fan and I like him a great deal. I make fun of this often, which goes to show you just how mature I am. But our good friend, the baseball coach at Southport, he is the open upperar the Southport Field House and sometimes you have to play into crappy auxiliary gym, but so be it. He opens the door so we can play pickup. James Boyd plays caleble play. Others have played with us too. Here from the station. But he is involved in big league whiffle ball. It is professional whiffleball, true story. His team is the Green Apples. Now when he is unable to open up the gym for pickup, I call it whiffle blank and make fun of it a little bit. But the Star has a story on him and Brendan Doudas again, the Southport baseball head coach is one of the best dudes out there. Let me say once again, as I stated in a next message last hour, Perry Township Schools and Southport, certainly you are incredibly fortunate to have Brendan Dudas as a part of it. Educator, coach, player, weekly Jim Opener Upper. He's just a great dude, and there is a story about him in the Indianapolis Star. I think A Gillespie has the story. Big League wiffle turns kids game at the big Time show and indie players are at the heart of it. The New York Green Apples James and they actually get in front of three hundred people at inside. Now I make fun of it all the time because I think if you even are able to make contact that you should be given a hit because these guys rarely make contact. Have you ever seen these guys throw a wolf? I mean it is all over the place. Yeah, you have to watch it. Sometime seems like a rarity when contact is made, but it is pretty awesome nonetheless. So just thun on that with our good friend Brendan Dudas of Southport High School. He is a tremendous dude. That is a tremendous story. Also, if you're asking the b one oh five point seven comedy night that's going to go down in mad Hatter, it is officially sold out. It took all of two days to sell that thing out. That's incredible, all of two days. Matt Hatter and Greenwood. That is the Saturday before the Colts open up against Baltimore. But it's me Shawn Copeland, I think Annie and Nick Jordan who does afternoons. We're doing comedy and a lot of you have asked about it. I got asked to do it because of the JMV takeover and I am down and it is officially sold out. It's pretty awesome, and they're trying now, I think, to get us to do another one. But now hopefully you got your tickets and maybe I don't know, maybe there might be one or two level. I believe it's officially sold out. B one oh five point seven dot com is where you go to find that out. All right, Garth Brooks, tickets we got for you. James is over there, I'm John right here, Kevin bow on top of the four o'clock cower, Scott Agnes, he will go with us, coming up in the five o'clock cower. We'll talk Fever all star break. We'll talk Pacers off season officially right now, Tyrese Halliburton married officially tying not we got that and more for you, and again the downplay of the Pacers because of a nineteen win season or because a complete lack of belief, unlike the organization in this core group. Fever in the Sun later off the night tipto, I made a clock seven thirty ten rows, got you covered right here, don't go anywhere. And of course Breakyard four hundred week in on the inbound ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan. Let's get You Weather, updated courtesy of Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 1: The Ride with JMV ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana, where we don't give a fat crab where Lebron James ends up not a fat crap, James. I absolutely love this song, do you?
Speaker 4: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: You like the clash?
Speaker 4: This is honestly probably the only song I can name off the top of my head, but I like this song.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: The album is called Combat Rock and it is an awesome early eighties album. Oh, now you've got to crank it up here, just keep it rolling forrest on this Wednesday, James.
Speaker 4: So this is eighties? I thought it was seventies.
Speaker 3: So did anybody ever get the lyrics wrong? Around? Anybody to this song? Well, locked the cat box?
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know that was the thing.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of misheard and misidentified lyrics that are roaming around out there all time. I mentioned this yesterday. Blinded by the light wrapped up like a douche. Most people believe that to be the lyric. It is repped up like a deuce, which is like car oh, not wrapped up like a douche.
Speaker 4: Wrapped up like a deuce is still kind of funny, though.
Speaker 3: Wrapped up black the douche. I you know, you ever think that, I think that, you ever think about maybe we should have gone with wrapped up like a douche. But you get really that both out of the really get the best out of both.
Speaker 1: I think right there.
Speaker 4: I mean, would they have been able to I don't know what year this was.
Speaker 3: But seventy eight, seventy seven to seventy eight meant for man.
Speaker 4: That probably would have the parental advisory or something back then. Wouldn't have man.
Speaker 3: Nobody cared back then. It was just well for yeah, free for all. Basically, let's put it on there, because remember that was a point in time when people used to play albums backwards and think that there were satanic verses involved. What was it the people were so stupid?
Speaker 4: Was the theme song from Mister Ed? Wasn't that one of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Anything Ozzy Osbourne ever came out with, Yeah, it was all pointed in that particular direction, all right. I asked this question regarding Major League Baseball players currently the percentage rocking cups when they run out onto the field. We got an answer, Tucker Barnhart, former major leaguer. Less than half, oh no, less than half, major League baseball players wear a protective cup. I can't fathom that, can't fathom that. Surely there's never a catcher not to wear one. You're not that stupid, are you?
Speaker 4: I would hope not. My goodness, just sounds like a roll of the dice every time you step out on the field.
Speaker 3: According to Tucker Barnhart, less than half of major League baseball players wear a protective cup. Thus, when you foil the ball off your sack, you're probably going to have a ruptured testicle.
Speaker 4: Now, did Tucker wear a protective cup?
Speaker 3: I didn't ask him that, but I can and I can't. May It was a catcher, so I can't imagine he.
Speaker 4: Didn't, I'd hope, so I hope he did.
Speaker 3: And even when he pitched, he pitched I think a couple of times, So maybe played in the field a couple of times. I'm assuming every single you just do reds and Mariners coming up later off tonight, all right, I should say this afternoon. Sorry about that. Three forty in fact, coming up in a couple of minutes get away day from most of these teams, especially those on the road on this particular Wednesday. So yeah, the Reds and Mariners out in Seattle are just about ready to get things officially underway if you're paying attention. Last night, Cubs eleven two over the Tigers. I guess making up for the night before. The Cardinals did not a five to one loser on the road against the Angels, and the Reds a four to two winner. Chase Burns has been absolutely outstanding. Now He's about ready to exhaust his innings limit, I guess with the Reds of the season, but twelve and one two point four to two earned around average if there has been a bright spot in the season. I'm assuming that there are a couple of bright spots there, but Burns would probably be at the top of that list. Burns probably along with with Stewart, I know if Stewart's average has dropped, but I think everybody's still happy with that. Ellie two to eighty hit another home run yesterday. The rest of it can kind of just eat it. Rest of it kind of stinks. Casey brings this up too, by the way, James, and this is Casey Simpson's musical knowledge. Springsteen's original lyric on Blinded by the Light was cut cut loose like a deuce. I have no idea why Man for Man changed it to revd up like a douche. That is a good call by Casey Simpson right there, Springsteen original, It's a good call. John Stewart said, Yeah, that song was originally written by Bruce Springsteen, most commonly, however, referenced in Man from Man of the song blinded by the Light. True story, though classic Jay Bays from Brandon fourth grade in a double rounding. First, my cup falls out of my pant leg and I'm safe at second. Then I have to walk back and get it. How embarrassing. Now we all have gone through it for the protection. I completely understand why. Makes perfectly good sense. It really does. Yeah, the whole all star thing with no invite, whether it's else Mitchell shooting threes or Sophie Cunningham shooting threes, I think they had what four players over the forty percent mark shooting threes. That whole thing is kind of weird. We'll get to that with Scott Agnes coming up at the five o'clock hour. Tucker Barnhart says, always the only guarantees are catchers. It's probably closer to a third where them that might even be high. The only guarantee would be cutcher or catchers wearing them. That.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's at least something.
Speaker 3: That was ruptured. Testical, I don't even like saying that. That's tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a very uncomfortable words.
Speaker 3: Incredibly uncomfortable. Damvy completely agree regarding what you said about Greg Sankee. Oh now everybody's up in arms. Everything is wrong with everything now when again, the chips are not stacked in your favor. And listen, there's nothing like guy you went out there and said, hey, you know what if we do this. They just saw the landscape of college athletics, in particular football and then took advantage of it. And I will also argue this, while you take advantage of it, you also still have to select players that will get the job done for you. And you can call that cost efficient players that get the job done for you. That's how it ultimately works, That's how you end up winning a national championship. You know, it's funny. I always bring up this Brad Stevens quote when he was the head coach of the Butler Bulldogs. Everybody has to be pushing in the same direction to get those elite level, high level results. Well, everybody at Eye in the football program. They were finally pushing in that same direction, and I mean everybody. And when you were allowed to go out and do now what you're allowed to go out and do playing by the rules because those are the rules. When in the past it was drastically different, and then the SEC teams would always take advantage of it. It's kind of funny, but no, we're on the same page with that. And the whole Nick Saban stuff's got to drive you nuts, doesn't it. Now everything is wrong. Listen. Maybe if we were someplace else, we wouldn't like it. And I said this yesterday regarding Kaitlin Clark. If you were outside this market and you're a fan of another WNBA team, you may not like Kaitlin Clark. But around here people have allegiance and allegiance to AU football and allegiance to the WNBA's Indiana Fever, and you're going to embrace that. But it was incredibly savvy. You can't take anything away from Scott Dolson and I U for doing what they did. It just seems like that everybody else certainly was more comfortable in them being the ultimate laughingstock of college football than the college football kinks. That's ultimate payback too. Essentially, that is the ultimate payback that you are giving for being the dormat, not just for decades, but the doormat absolutely forever, or at least until last year. JMV YouTube Yadi Air Molina Catcher Saint Louis ruptured testicle. Maybe he wore a cup. I'm assuming some of you could probably throw it hard enough to break a cup, but I mean, really, you just essentially have to be just standing there all spread ego and let somebody throw it right at you. I also don't think he was doing that.
Speaker 4: I don't think so either, And I also don't really want to imagine a scenario in which that happens.
Speaker 3: Maybe there was a little compromise situationally speaking, right there, and he had maybe an overflow and overlap. I want to think about that either. Thanks for bringing it up, Jay JMV. Talking about sack protection. During a one hundred meter race my fellow runners, oh Man Sack popped out of the middle of the race. He evidently forgot the basic protection that's happened before, though probably multiple times tight though in baseball. As I mentioned too, the greatest invention of my time playing baseball was that because before that there was no little pouch there. When they invented that pouch, I believe it was bike. Bike was the jockstrap maker back then. Bike they made shorts. I'm assuming they're still a manufacturer of athletic gear.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not two versed on Mike.
Speaker 3: You never want any bike, You never wore any bike gear. Who out there? Let me see a show of hands who were bike gear? Most coaches baseball basketball in the day, in my era, were extremely tight bike shorts and they had they had buttons in the front so you could essentially it was comfortable in wearing them if you had a belly that hung over. So a lot of the coaches had bellies that hung over, so it was almost like they were wearing a girdle of sorts, belly hungover.
Speaker 4: Thrilling first hour, so far.
Speaker 3: Bike shorts sports manufacturer Bow on top of the hour, Scott Agnes is a good joy that kicking up at the five o'clock. How where somebody's gonna win goth Brooks tickets. A little bit later on too, I should mention me and Tyler Reddick that is coming up on Saturday morning nine until eleven the speedway or check that I'm sorry near the Speedway, but Crawfordsville Road, the Kroger location. We shall be there with Outlaw light Beer. Have you heard about it? Outlaw light Beer? And evidently somebody told me you can get like a case of thirty for maybe sixteen seventeen bucks. So Paradise Dave Watson is going to be rotten with Outlaw light Beer this weekend. I'm just gonna buy it all for everybody.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have a surplus there.
Speaker 3: Surplus of Outlaw light Beer nine until eleven with Tyler Reddick last check second and the point standing Sprickyard four hundred this weekend, that is the Kroger location on Crawfordsville Road, and then shortly thereafter an hour later, Greg Rakestraw and I noon until one thirty a little Saturday NASCAR weekend Brickyard four hundred weekend primer for you. About ninety minutes or so, Tucker Barnhart tells me, by the way, well, won't tie a bow on the cup. Here, they make a bulletproof cup, that's what i'd get. I'd go with the bulletproof.
Speaker 4: A bulletproof yeah, yeah, I don't blame you seriously.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want, I would just go all the way with it, all right. The family need protection. Don't take you to protect the family. I would go with the bulletproof cup. Plus, I just want to say, hey, you know my cup's bulletproof. That'd be cool. It's what to make Hey, no bs right here. That's coming from a former Major leaguer. Bow on top of the ourl are you and me on the other side? If your on hold, I'll get to If you're not, you want to get there, that'd be fantastic. Ninety three to five, one oh seven five The fans hit tight.
Speaker 6: The ride with JMV. It's called sex panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. It's quite pungent. Stings the nostrils.
Speaker 1: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 3: All of this celebration of crappy arrowheads stadium my entire life. There's a butt set to come to an end. The Chiefs unveiled today the first renderings for their new stadium in Kansas, not even in Kansas City, Missouri. It is scheduled to open James for the NFL's twenty thirty one season, So Kansas City, Kansas three mill fully enclosed domage. Remember when everybody used to say, you guys playing a dome, You guys playing with a roof, that's not real football. Okay, shut up, Mama's family. You guys are going to be under a dome too. I don't know. Might go still be here in twenty thirty one, though, that's I'm skeptical about that you'll still be here? Well, I mean I think it's a flip of a coin at this point.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's only what four and a half years away at this point, is it really? I mean, we're halfway through twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: They'll still be here now? Am I crazy?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like every one of these new stadiums nowadays, though, kind of looks the exact same they do other than the I like the Bill's new stadium, but all of these, like indoor stadiums.
Speaker 3: They all kind of look at the exact same that Nashville won too. Nashville is coming up. Yep, so fully enclosed dome, a ceiling of translucent I can't announce whatever. These panels are tetra Flora, theen Linge.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's the SOFI Stadium.
Speaker 3: Look, yeah, don't give me these big words. I'm Green County, Get over it. The new stadium's design also pays homage to Arrowhead Stadium, the Chief's longtime home venue in Missouri. Yeah, you can't do that though if it's indoors, you know, and all this too. It's for the luxury and the suites and the money and the money making. But it's also you know, Kansas City's going to end up now getting a super Bowl. That's what this is all about.
Speaker 4: Well, and they can bring in Taylor Swift and all the big bands during the winter months and have them play there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, exactly. Final fours will be there. Oh yeah, they had When was the can you look this up? That was the last final four? This is like a crossover conversation brought to you by Love hitting it in with Jay Querry and I was the last Final four in Kansas City? Was that Kemper Arena? Was that nineteen eighty eight in Kemper Arena. Was that Danny Manning and the Miracles.
Speaker 4: That was nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Eighty eight Kemper Arena arena. Yeah, oh, how it has changed, kimp Arena dump. Oh, how that's changed.
Speaker 4: I think it's the it's called the High V Arena now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, well I think that's the one that when they have the Big twelve Basketball Championship, it had that gray floor and everybody was sliding around like they were playing on ice.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Or playing in the West Gym as Sooner Grove with the floor being dirty, one of the two sliding around everywhere. I will say, the artist renderings of this do look kind of cool.
Speaker 4: They look cool, but I still think I mean, it's a big corporate stadium. They all kind of look the same. They're all kind of cookie cutter at.
Speaker 3: This So I mentioned this. You think I must still be alive in twenty thirty one, I believe.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: You think I'll still be alive when they build another stadium here. Well, they ever build another stadium here. And before you say they'll never build another stadium here, I.
Speaker 4: Mean Lucas Oil is almost twenty years old at this point. So it could happen the next to.
Speaker 3: Be with us when there's a new stadium built.
Speaker 4: Oh, you'll still be with us. You'll still be on the air, You'll still be probably working six days a week.
Speaker 3: Put it right over there. I'll mass have by bottleworks. Yes, so you guys are suggesting I'll still be I hope I am still with you as long as they have my faculties and stuff. If I'm all discombobulated, and yeah, yeah, one of these days, it's gonna happen sooner rather than later. Just like this break, quick break, we'll come back top of the hour. Kevin Bowen's got agnes over an hour away. Goth Brooks tickets as well, Stay right there. Ninety three five one seven five.
Speaker 1: The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 7: Are you kidding? You think I'd joined his crummy snabbatorium?
Speaker 1: But his whole place sucks. That's right, it sucks. Ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 3: So those of you that are asking me this shirt that I'm rocking, right here, it says my hometown of Owensburg nineteen seventy eight. Right here James nineteen seventy eight, original seventy eight. Wow, these letters are ironed on. That's a good that's in good condition seventy eight. I look like with the blue and the yellow, I kind of look like Fred Dryer sitting here from a Hunter.
Speaker 4: I honestly thought you were wearing a retro pacer shirt when you walked in.
Speaker 3: I was thinking Rams like the old Fred Ryer. Fred Dryer used to be on the Rams and then he ended up getting an acting career and he was most noted as playing Hunter in the nineteen eighties, I think early nineties. Was Stephanie Kramer his co star and Hunter. She was kind of smoked tacular James Stephanie Kramer co starring with Fred Dreyer and Hunter. What year was this film the was it maybe eighty six through ninety one? Hunter? I bet you could find the theme song of Hunter too. Oh it's a series, yeah, NBC series. It was Stephanie Kramer. Yeah, here's Stephanie Kramer. She played a hooker once undercover hooker Johnny Approved. It was Johnny Approved? Riptide? Was it Riptide? Remington Steel and Hunter on Tuesday Nights? Riptide?
Speaker 4: Riptide?
Speaker 3: Riptide was a good show? Or was it? I'm sorry? Was it a team? Riptide and then Hunter, but I was going with the Fred Dryer. Look right here, Fred Dryer was a badass. Fred Dryer was the television version of Dirty Harry Clint Eastwood, remember all the Dirty Harry films throughout. Oh yeah, yeah he was. He was essentially the Dirty Harry, the Clint Eastwood but on TV, the TV.
Speaker 4: Version, So that just kind of a cold badass the whole.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah he was. Yeah. Yeah, he wasn't putting up with any crap, that's for sure. And he's a former La Ram Fred Dryer. So no, this shirt goes all the way back to nineteen seventy eight Owensburg Founder's Day. We had a festival oddly enough in early August, and the reason why it ultimately was James and then they just don't do it anymore because there's not enough people to back it up. But the reason why it was moved is because when the Brickyard started in the mid nineties, what nineteen ninety four, all of the Oordsburg Town Rednecks would go to the Brickyard race and all the old people would be there by themselves. It was a combination of the Brickyard and because it was ninety five and if you're ninety five years old out in the ninety five degree heat. That was not a great combination. So and then they ended up moving it. I think they moved into September and now it's gone. I was in that parade, I bet no less than six seven times.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, starring starting.
Speaker 3: Riding my motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Oh he had a whole motorcycle.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing to do in the parade the Founder's Day Parade in Orangsburg, Indiana, in Green County. My favorite thing to do well was it was too because the horses would be in front of us and on their floats and they would poop, and then I would get my motorcycle on, spin out and spin poop all over the motorcycle riders behind me.
Speaker 4: That does sound like a very youth thing, that is, right me? Yeah? How old were you.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh I was eight and seventy eight, So I probably did that up until I was fourteen, maybe something like that, and then I was done.
Speaker 4: It's probably way less cute when you were fourteen.
Speaker 3: When fourteen I probably got my ass whip probably, but no, seriously, Owensburg Founder's Day and for those of you asking, this is a nineteen seventy eight original right here. Actually, I believe this belonged to my dad. Right here, one of the few things that I have that belonged to my dad. I think this was was it right here on the Andy Moore Auto Motive Group potline. He's been waiting for a while. He's allowing me to reminisce. He's from the Morning Show along with James Boyd and Mark Dyton. When Dyton's not on vacation. Kevin Bowen is with us. Hello, Kevin, how are you buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm with James. I thought it was like eight pacers throwback when I first saw you earlier today, give me that one more time. What you're rocking?
Speaker 3: I am rocking an Oorinsburg shirt. Oorinsburg, Indiana. That's my hometown. And this was created for the nineteen seventy eight Founder's Day and Founder's Day started in nineteen seventy six and I think went through maybe I think it ended the last five or so years, but it was always in early August, keV. And it always came around. It was the precursor to knowing that was time to go back to school. We had two festivals where I'm from that basically told you when they were done it was time to go back to school. And that was Founder's Day in my hometown of Owensburg and something called Old Settlers, which is still going on in odin Indiana right now. Once you got clear of that, then basically you had a week or two before you went back to school. That was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I thought I thought it looked pretty cool. So I'm glad there's some sentimental behind them.
Speaker 3: You spin out a motorcycle, tire and horsepoop like I used to all the time, and sew sew it on dudes behind you, boy boy, I can't have Yeah. Well, I don't know what you were doing, but you missed Outboddy, you missed out. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I look back at my existence. I don't know how I didn't have my ass whip like every week. Seriously, I have no idea none.
Speaker 2: Hey, you've survived this long. You survive your basketball weeknights and weekends and no dust ups there, So you're good to go.
Speaker 3: Boys love it, don't they? Your pods POD's love it in the morning, and they they enjoy they are You can count on them to show up every time and that's more than half the battle right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I mean James especially, I feel like it's found a you know, a big time group with you guys and enjoyed it. I think it sounds like Caleb has been and they tedition as well. So yeah, they I love hearing about it. Frankly, and James Jameson is a little sore this morning actually, which he yeah, don't doesn't say.
Speaker 3: That he rolled his ankle last night too. Yeah, James James put on a headband last night, and after he put on that headband, it went one of five. I told him to lose the headband. He was one of five rocking the headband that wasn't working.
Speaker 2: Was that a was that a different look for him as the So he's usually not a headband guy.
Speaker 3: He's not a headband guy at all, and when he put that headband on, he went one of five. See everything, everything that I do is a reason behind failures. So when I I'm out there, I start with my shirt tucked in. But the moment I missed my first shot, the shirt comes out. Because that's the reason why. Yeah, I'm a little bit tight, you know, I'm not getting full extension because I'm tucked in right here. The shirt comes out on my first miss, so I thought. I told him. I said, man, you gotta lose that headband. You're one of five right now.
Speaker 2: You're the high school basketball coach that rocks the jacket. And then the first time he's mad, he's throwing the jacket and he hits the shav kids behind the bench.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about you. I am incredibly superstitious, and it is weird. It's almost like that I kind of pick and choose my superstition. But I if I'm thinking about it in the moment, I am one superstitious, are you?
Speaker 2: I am really not, which is kind of surprising because I think, like my wife would certainly say, like, I'm a pretty routine oriented person like me too. I like structure and things like that too. But yeah, when it comes to sports superstitions, I'm just not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I've always been. I don't step on a crack on the sidewalk. I don't walk under a ladder. Seriously, two weeks ago, a black cat crossed my path and I stopped turned around the other direction. It's weird. You and really, I have to be thinking about it at the moment, but I like, I'm sure there are some moments where I'm not thinking about it and I let it go by. But yeah, I just I always want to keep the odds in my favor. Does that make sense? I always want to keep whatever odds they are, like the universal, the stratospheric odds. I want to try to keep them in my favor. So I think, whatever I can do to be proactive about that, then I'll do it.
Speaker 2: What's your free throw routine?
Speaker 3: I uh, dribble bend, dribble bend, dribble ben shoot three.
Speaker 2: Where it's three dribbles where you put in your hand in your hand somewhere ball.
Speaker 3: No, Well, I find the nail on the floor, So I I center cut the goal with the nail on the floor. My right foot goes there, left foot further out, and I dribble bend, dribble bend, dribble bend, and then make sure that I'm using a lot of my legs when I get into the free throw and then let it go like that. So and it's funny, like I grew up in the the era in which everybody was being Steve Alford. So everybody you know, did their soccer routine and all that and then shot it. But mine was a little bit different. And I had a coach in Bedford, Indiana back when even before Steve Alford that taught me how to do that. Taught me to center cut and there wasn't a nail on the floor at the time. You just kind of had the center cut it yourself. But center cut the goal with your right foot and then make sure you utilized a lot of your lower body in it. And thus I shot ninety two percent in my senior season. It's all it worked. You it were wow, say no more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a I'm a two dribble spin to find the air the air hole and then put the palm on the air hole and shoot it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just I just make sure that your rotation, the rotation with the seams of the ball is right. That's I don't look for the air hole or you know, any of the words or letters or anything. Just kind of get my right hand on that. But no, everybody, I'm assuming he has a routine, right, Is there a best routine out there? You think? Is there ever been a routine free throw shooting that that you thought was was cooler. But to be cool, you have to work. You have to have results. But to be cool and have results, I remember when.
Speaker 2: I was younger, Bracey Wright would do the like a couple feet behind the free throw line like he would, you know, he would shoot it a couple of steps behind the foul line, which you occasionally will see. And you know, Brasy right was. I mean, he was a pretty good he was, So I remember like when he did that, I was kind of like, oh boy, is this something here? I feel like I did Reggie. Reggie would do a bunch of dribbles right and then a big old spend. But you know, he had such a such a funky release really, But yeah, I mean it's it's funny. Like I'm not superstitious, but then here I am talking about like a free throw routine. But I feel like people can tinker with a free throw like a whole whole lot.
Speaker 3: So hey, keV, I think everybody has a little bit of superstition that they abide by, even if they don't proclaim it. You don't have to be one percent superstitious, but I think everybody has a superstition or two that again, they adhere to or abide by in a case or two. Maybe it's just one, but I think most people do have that.
Speaker 2: Are you a fan watcher superstition like reds? Are you like a, hey, is this ending at worked here? Am I staying here?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you this and this is the reason why, Like like when when Mike Preston the Pacers don't send players my direction, it really pisses me off, right, you know this to be true? And I talked about it all the time for every game that I was at home. So these were all road games, and I w with Tommy s Tom Sutton of coaches to most of the home games, but every game I was at home, sat in the same spot the entire time, and it more times than not led to you know what ultimately was a win. Now, obviously we saw how that ended in Game seven with Halliburton's injury and what that did to last year. But yeah, I was. I was all in it for the squad, I was all in it for the organization. I was all in it for the fan base around here. I do abide by rules when it comes to that, and I did it with the Pacers the year before last as well in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Look at this, I would not have pegged you been the nth degree superstitioner. You know you, you know you're a little wawless in my eyes.
Speaker 3: So I've got a screw loose, There's no question about that.
Speaker 2: Yeahs as good as the sun rises from the east tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I can have told you, Yeah, I do. I do have a bit of a screw loose. But no, it's just weird. Sometimes it's just you abide by the superstition because it's easy to do, you just thinking about in a moment. But there are a lot of them in which I certainly do. Kevin Bowen and the Fan Morning Show, he James Boyd and Mark Dykon and Kev's on the Andy Moro at the Motive Coup pot line. I did have this thought for you as we get close to the start next week of camp, and I know you guys in the Morning Show are going to be out there a great deal, and so will Jake. I'm curious. Let's just say, for example, and this is not what a lot of people want to hear, but let's just say, the inevitable negativity happens and things don't work out for this team. Is this a situation where Chris Ballard and company go? Is it everybody in a reset? Or does Shane Stiken at all? You think in a situation like that deserve to continue coaching the team. And I know a lot of it may come down to what we see the sea, but just take it from a circumstance of what we have wittn this so far. Would you keep the head coach and then everybody else you reset?
Speaker 2: It's a great, great question. It's one I'd try to throw carly ersa Gordon's way a little bit. I guess might even been over a year ago at this point, and she didn't really take it in any sort of direction, you know, because I do think when you're handing out individual grades to Ballard and psych in, I do think there are different grades. I think some of that is purely sample sized. Like to me, the longer you are at any job, especially a GMO football team, I just think it's it's more of a critical evaluation. It's more of a in tenth grade, so you know, nine years to three years to me is really different. Having said that, I'm just such a believer that once you clean house, you have to clean house, which I don't know you could change psych and would would you know, James ivers Susnis earlier this week.
Speaker 4: If stike In.
Speaker 2: And Ballard got fired tomorrow, or let's just say January, I'd venture to guess Sichen would have many more head coaching interview opportunities in Ballad would have GM interview opportunities. So I do think league wide, you know, Psychen is probably viewed a little bit more in a positive light. But again, I think it'll make me choose. I would start over, But again, Carly's decision and how she views that, I'd be really curious. It just seems like any arranged marriage, it's just tough. I know there are examples. I think San Francisco might be one of the very few that have worked. There's just not many that have really worked, especially in present day NFL.
Speaker 3: You have to let your chief decision maker dictate terms, don't you? In this case? Is that what we're both? I think we're both I think agreeing on this from I don't know if you can be halfway in and halfway out in this case. I think if things don't work out the way that they want, then it's a natural total reset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be what I would do. But you know, again, Carly is I mean, she she's a bit of an unknown, you know character really in all of this, you know, is there any sort of hesitancy about not wanting to do you know, two searches in an offseason. Granted, your GM would probably lead a lot of that head coaching search, and the head coaching search I think can take a little bit longer, just naturally. And you know, really when you look at Shane Segand's tenure, you know what he's brought to the table offensive mind, you know, for the most part, that's worked out really well. I get the quarterback has you know, had issues, but you know it really just the Richardson issue. I think the other quarterbacks that have played, you know, Daniel Jones, Carter Minshew, you know, those guys have actually played pretty good football based off their career, you know, back of their baseball card, if you will. But defense and winning games ugly, you know, that's been an issue. They don't beat enough good teams, you know, that's been in issue. So you know, he would have to take some strides I think in some of those areas I think for you to you know, bring back one of the two. But yeah, I mean I am I am probably more in the camp of you just clean, slate it up and fresh blood and like no other.
Speaker 3: So Kevin Bowen fan morning show. He James Boyd, Mark Dyke in weekday mornings here seven until ten am. He's on Andy Moore on the Motorcrow potline. Have you noticed any at all similarities between carly Ors Gordon and her leadership in that of her late father with the Colts?
Speaker 2: I mean, I hate to cop out, but I think we are too early. Like when I think about the last fourteen months, you know, what are the big decisions she you know, and one decision that I don't think your dad would have done that she has done is take training camp away from Grand Park. You know, organizationally, they didn't really do much in free agency this year. You know, the draft was pretty status quo. So again, I don't think there was necessarily like big moves there. You know, obviously head coach and GM she decided to retain. You know, maybe her dad's a little bit quicker to that, but granted, you know, I think a lot of Peel's eyes. You know, her dad had a pretty long leash with Chris bauerd.
Speaker 1: To begin with there.
Speaker 2: So I think we're a little early in that, and you know, maybe she hasn't been as front facing as her dad, which I think was to be expected, and we'll see how that plays out. Like, you know, does she talk at training camp? She didn't last year. You know, her dad usually did talk at training camp. You know, is that something she's going to do. She didn't talk during the draft. Her dad did talk to her in the draft. You know. Again, I think these are all like things we probably expected, but I think those are just some items that I'm curious about. And then you know, if when she needs to make a decision GM head coach wise, you know, I think that will be you know, the first really really big moves for her organization for ten year and just kind of establish a little bit of precedent.
Speaker 3: Hey, keV in closing here, would we like Katelyn Clark if she were a part of somebody else's organization.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Probably not, you know, I mean, probably too much of the you know, whining demonstrative behavior. I think that's probably the biggest negative that people viewing opposing athletes more so than you know, maybe basketball peers would be like, oh, man, have you watched her you know pass? Have you watched her, you know, quarterback the game? Have you watched how far she can shoot threes? You know, maybe some honestly, someone like you probably would have a little bit more of an appreciation. But I just I hear it from so many Pacer fans. For example, I don't like said player on another team because they whine, bitch, moan, et cetera. And really she does a lot of that, and clearly or technical fouls kind of.
Speaker 4: Back that up there.
Speaker 2: So plus, I think there's always an element of competition of like, you know, you're always going to view one of the best just in a little bit of a competitive light of like, you know, they have to go above and beyond to kind of prove it to me. I think Lebron is an example of that. And you know, obviously he you know, being such a big rival, being such a big you know outst to the Pacers throughout you know, Cleveland day's and Miami days, you know, that probably adds to it a little bit here. So yeah, I think if you maybe appreciate the game of basketball and what she brings and how unique of a talent she is, then yes, you can. But I think the first thing most fan bases go towards is, you know, how do you act? And I think that would rub people the wrong way if you weren't cheering for you.
Speaker 3: Know, keV. Her most most active, rabid, high level fans, I think heard her a great deal. They're so incredibly stupid. When is it did the nerds of our world turn into like John Wooden juniors of basketball? The Kaitlin Clark thing and that phenomenon started that all of a sudden, you get all these dorcs that think they know something about basketball that are satisfied when you're shooting a step back from thirty feet and you're one of ten, Like that's great and you want to see more of that. I think some of her biggest fans hurt her in terms of things because they're so stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just a lot of toxic nature with the groupiness to her and then against her, you know, frankly, I mean, it's it's both sides of it. But I do think, you know, part of her. I mean, I'm going to use the word cults. I don't know if that's the best word to use, but it does cheater on you.
Speaker 3: I think jackass. Yeah, you can go jackass if you want, because there are a lot of jackasses.
Speaker 1: This is like too much.
Speaker 2: I mean, some of the stuff I can't imagine what you know, Stephanie White deals with, you know how I see it on social media. I mean, I'm sure the crazies take it even a step further than that. Oh yeah, which, yeah, obviously there's just absolute zero place for that whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absorb more technicals for okay here, So that's that's that's when you got My goodness, what kind of jackass are you? That's what you're dealing with right there. I guess there's some good and bad because they're rabid fans, they're always going to be there, but they're so stupid they're a detriment in the process. So kind of a weird set of circumstances. You doing okay, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm ready to uh get it back going here, you know, big time here starting next week. So yeah, a little bit of a relaxing final week and then.
Speaker 3: Here we go camp. I'm only up there like once or twice. That's too bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I assume joint days for you to the joint practice those final a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, joint days. That sounds good. JMV. Joint days.
Speaker 2: Four John underneath them there in the northwest.
Speaker 3: Part of the Friends do it, Buddy. Good to hear from you, paum My best of the fam. Tell Brad Bowen. I said, hello, it's been too damn long.
Speaker 2: We'll do you know you are one of his favorites, so I will relay that message.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Brad Bowen. Thanks, keV se John quick break, We'll come back, James. We have a weather update right here, right now. Courtesy of Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 1: The Ride with JMV. Foky. This is not nom this is bowling. There are rules A ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 3: Bowen's got the morning show, he and James Boyd and when Dyton's not on vacation, but god, he's running stuff here vacation, Dyton, my name is John. Thank you for joining us. Fever and the Sun. The Sun stink. The Fever have zero business making this a competitive venture. Later on the night and you're going to say, well they did against Seattle last Friday, Well, Seattle's played better recently. The Sun just gonna stink. Do not make it a competitive venture. Agnes will join us at the top of the hour. For those of you that didn't know, how many times has Agnes been on? Once or twice? Now, James, do you know since I had to apologize for being a jackass?
Speaker 4: Oh to Scott Agnes, Yeah, we've had him once, at least once, maybe twice. I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 3: Not only was I a jackass, I was a jackass for sixteen years.
Speaker 4: Sixteen years, it's however long you had been on the air up until the first nineteen years.
Speaker 3: I just I am such a grudge O. I am trying my damnedest to grow out of that. One of these days, I'm gonna be all grown up for all of you, trying like sixteen years. It goes back to Kravitz and Eddie. I think I felt the same way about Kent Sterling for a while too, and I'm I'm not It's not that bad anymore.
Speaker 4: You're mellowing out in your old age.
Speaker 3: I am. Yeah, I'm my own version of THC sitting right here in this chair. Much change my name from JMV to THC.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm sure our bosses would absolutely love that.
Speaker 3: I sure they only approve they like about this much of what I do in general, So yeah, that would not help. Uh dam Vy, you actually have matured a bit in these last ten years since I've known you. Thank you, Jim McKinnon, Silver, California. I can't see it some around. I think I think both James Boyd and then Caleb played basketball with me. I think they both believe I'm completely nuts.
Speaker 4: I need to see some footage of you playing basketball. I need to see what's going on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just depends on the mood, but I will say this, I don't I don't really get into it often. I get into it with Rick cherry Pick and Clark because he's the biggest cherry picker of all time, and I just I can't deal with run your ass down the floor. I don't care if it's a pickup game or run your ass down the floor. I said the same thing about the fever two weeks ago. You're in LA playing the Sparks. I have to sit there in the fourth quarter and watch you guys half ass it down the floor on the defensive end. I don't want to see that. Nobody out there really likes defense. I get it. I know it's talked about defense wins championships. Great, Well, you know what, if you don't score, you're not winning anything either. But yet I don't care whatever pickup game you're playing in, Like these dudes asked me to play in a shout out. They are great guys that are playing. But I think for the first time in the arc. The arc is down near me, near Bargersville, Greenwood, that area right there off of one thirty five, and Johnny Marlin, the Marlin Academy runs it. So I don't know if you guys know who this dude is. Chris just pointed this out. I can't make it tonight because I played way too late last night. But he and a group of dudes are playing. And uh, there's a guy named Young Mantis. You ever heard of the Young Mantis. He was on barstool and he's from around here. They said he's gonna be around. I would yell at him too if he cherry picked. I can't stand cherry that's awful. Run the floor, run the floor. And if I don't run the floor, then I don't look. I don't look for the past coming back at me. If I just stay stationary down the corner and half ass everything. You know who through the past to the cherry picker last night, who did Caleb? Oh wow, Caleb Zuver.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to get on him about that.
Speaker 3: Through the pass to the cherry picker, bad shout out. The Young Mantis is going down there and playing later on tonight with the guys. I don't think I've ever met him, but rumor has it he's good dude. He's the dude that did the videos. Patrick Beverly. I know everybody around here loves Patrick Beverly. I think Patrick Beverley shot a video with him one and said quote that boy Bent.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: When you google Young Mantis and Pat Bev, the first thing that comes up is Pat Beverly reacts to my quote deformed body.
Speaker 3: I think he said that boy bent Man, Thank you, Chris. Those are good dudes down there. I do, at some point want to play in the arc. It is a new place, and it's something that the south side of this case, the far south side, have needed a while. Midwest Sports Park no longer has basketball. You know, the h well, the Issa whatever that was over there has been long gone now, so they needed a facility like they have at Graham Park, or like they have with the Pacer Center up in Westfield. So good for the South Side and good for Johnny and the Marlin family and the Marlin Academy. I know my friends. Max Landis is a part of that down there too, one of the new head coach and a friend of mine going all the way back to Orangsburg and Green County and Eastern Green. Mike Burris is the new head coach at Perry Meridian, who, by the way, is going to do an outstanding job. Good friends, much like I am with Dusty may the head coach of the Dallas Mavericks. Connected beyond belief, but even beyond the whole connection there. He's hardcore about basketball and you're not going to be able to jack around and get away with stuff. And I'm talking about players and parents, and that's a part of it too. The parents oftentimes can be a bigger pain of the ass than the players. And you've got to find that dynamic there where your coach either doesn't have to or deals with that out in front. Michael do that, Michae will do that. But I have to get to the arc sometime. I just don't think it's going to be coming up later on tonight. Scott Agnes will join us coming up at the top of the hour. I mentioned the fever from the Sun coming up later off the night. That tiptime is at eight o'clock seven thirty with Tidrow. Your coverage right here ninety three five and one oh seven five. The fan Greg Zankee, who is the commissioner of the SEC, was whining earlier today, actually earlier this week, and we talked about that earlier on the show. That's pretty funny. Uh. The chiefs renderings of their new coverage, their new stadium. I will say, with these Pablo Picasso classics ride here, what is this place called Mannica? It looks pretty awesome. So the stadium will evidently hold seventy k so that's seventy thousand fans, and will be built with the intention of amplifying crowd noise. Remember when the Colts played and everybody I thought the Colts were piping in crowd noise. So this is going to amplify crowd noise.
Speaker 4: Now just amplify.
Speaker 3: Back then, man, we just cranked it. I went back in the back bill polling gave me the high sign. I went back in the back and cranked up their Craco car stereo speakers to ten.
Speaker 4: Before you were climbing the roof of Lucas.
Speaker 3: Oil Man, I was taking it up. I was cranking it up so all those jackasses in Pittsburgh would cry about it. Remember when they used to have the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and they all whined about it. Yeah, I just cranked it up to ten. Bill Poleon gave me the highst He goes, hey, Jam. We get back there, right behind the toilets and the old RCA dome, there was right there the Craco car stereo boom, collective voices generating what they say here James two point two deciples in Seattle, which evidently broke the record. I don't even know what record that was. Uh, that's what they're here, amplification.
Speaker 4: Trying to break a record, and to break the.
Speaker 3: Record, great break. We'll come back. I mentioned Agnes top of the hour. Garth Brooks tickets coming up a little bit later on too. On the road tomorrow Speedway City Garage. If you guys been there before, I've heard nothing but how outstanding this place is. Coffee, beer, Nascar, Hauler Parade, Main Street, Speedway. You don't need RSVP, just show us up and we'll have a good time. I promise you that tomorrow Speedway City Garage. We started three ninety three five, one oh seven five The Fan, The Ride with JMV. He's my best friend, he's my pal, he's my homeboy, my rotten soldier, he's my sweet cheese, my good time.
Speaker 1: Boy, Nutty. Three to five and one oh seven five the Fan, good song, James, thank you, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Scott Agnes coming up at the top of the hour, whatever weekend of B one oh five point seven that's coming up on Saturday, the All Request Saturday Night JMV Takeover. So with B one oh five point seven we are having a comedy show. They asked me to be a part of it, as I guess now I'm officially on the staff of B one oh five point seven with the incredible All Request Saturday Night JAMV Takeover, which, by the way, man, if you guys aren't working upstairs on trying to get this across the state and then across the country, come on now, easy makes money, takes one person to do it. Seems like perfect James for what we do. It's almost like you're even half asked in it, and you're really not perfect for what we're doing, buddy, is it not? It is perfect, But we're having a comedy show. They said, hey, you're being part of a comedy show, and I said, I'm down with it. That's cool. Matt hat Her in Greenwood coming up on September the twelfth. That is the day before the Colts open up against Baltimore, which is convenient, although it's at six o'clock normally I'm doing the jam V takeover. I'm going to move that to September the eleventh on a Friday, and we'll do the JAMV takeover and then me and Sean Copeland and Nick Jordan and Annie will do a comedy night. A comedy night at Mad hat Her in Greenwood, which evidently, after two days of being opened to buy tickets, is completely sold out. So that's awesome and hopefully a lot of you got tickets for it. But that is again coming up on September the twelfth. That's a Saturday night Matt hat Her in Greenwood. It should be a blast. I I've done this now twice. I did it with Scott Long twice, once at the Old School Crackers in Broad Ripple and another time and the Egyptian Room Ato Mira. And I will tell you as I told James yesterday, I can be a bit vulgar. I know that doesn't surprise you, but a bit vulgar. But it's all for the sake of fun and enjoyment. So if I get out there and do like five minutes on my junk, don't be surprised. It may happen. I have not put anything together yet, but it is on the inbound.
Speaker 4: I mean, we did a whole forty five today on.
Speaker 3: We did on jocks and cups and pouches and everything. True, So I'm ready. The other thing about it, the last two times I did it was completely off the top of my head. I just went out there and went with it. The one the one routine I did James, I did the challenge Flag of Life. It's like when you were walking down the street and you see this dorky ass dude with this hot chick and I'm throwing a challenge flag.
Speaker 4: Going what the challenge Flag of Life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like you know in the NF throwing a challenge. I don't know about this call right.
Speaker 4: Here eat an official review.
Speaker 3: I needed an official review on why this chick wants to walk with this dork? And it worked out good.
Speaker 4: You just walked down the street and throw flags at people.
Speaker 3: And I also did it. This has probably been done before I did. I did worthless superheroes, and at the top of the list was Aquaman.
Speaker 4: Oh, like, real superhero. You weren't just making a more worthless superheroes.
Speaker 3: I did Aquaman. And then what was the name of the Native American that like grew really big?
Speaker 4: Oh? Hold on, Heichi for something.
Speaker 3: And then you know, I did wintlerit whatever. That guy's name was schnitzel Brink. Remember the little guy that you got him to say his name backwards? He was a villain. He said his name backwards and he disappeared. I have no idea snitzel Prink or something like that. I'm gonna cuss really, but it sounds like stinzil prick but also a patche chief apatche che the of that one. What like Aquaman always stayed in the hall of justice? What the hell could he ever do? If you had to clean the fish tank or fix the toilet, then he was good but otherwise he was useless. So that was that was one that I did.
Speaker 1: Is it back in the day?
Speaker 4: Is it, mister m x y z pt l K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about this about a month ago. Mitzel Prick or whatever his name is.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was that one.
Speaker 3: I think it was exactly that.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty I don't know if he's I think he's a super villain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a villain. Okay, he's worthless villain. You just and he always like walked right into saying his name backwards and he disappeared into a different universe. Dumb ass.
Speaker 4: I'm impressed by your comic book knowledge right now.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do have a little bit of nerd in me, just a little bit.
Speaker 3: I do JMV. If the Colts go nine to eight to miss the postseason because the defense sucks, no pass rush, no backers, but score twenty nine a game, I can see Steichen coming back, zich and Jones back, Ballard gone. So I asked this question if Kevin Bowen last how you guys can pass this around amongst yourselves right here? Is there a scenario where you believe that head coach days general manager and a lot of others go on the upcoming season with the Colts. Just a thought, quick break, we'll come back with that. Scott Dagnus Fieldhouse files Top of the Hour Fever Sun. Later on tonight, off season with the Paces and more. Scott joins us next the Ride with JMV. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal.
Speaker 1: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the.
Speaker 3: Fans Speedway Citing Garage tomorrow the NASCAR Haller Parade. Me and call beer is a awesome proposition. You guys need to join me out there. I mean all of you, not just a couple of you, not just a handful of you. I mean all of you. Tomorrow Speedway City Garage Me. Jeff Matthews, Well hang out together with you tomorrow. Dan Wetzel's finally going to show up tomorrow too, right like he forgot yesterday. I thought, man, I was so concerned that man. I wonder if he got caught up in the firings at ESPN. And I'm glad he still has a gig, but his ass just forgot. Well done, well done. Wetzel's going to be on here tomorrow. I did before I get to Scott Ada doesn't want to mention this three years ago yesterday, I believe, but basically three years ago, and I think about this all the time, we lost our good friend Ron Sexton Donnie Baker. And you know, one of the reasons why there's a lot of Donnie Baker stuff the past twenty four hours or so that you're going to find in social media, especially on Facebook, and that's just part of of what I'm going to remember Ron. Ron was such a longtime good friend of mine, you know, going all the way back to Fall Creek Road, back when he used to work with the Colts, even back further when he was on you know My Indie TV twenty three. He got started with Mark Patrick while Mark was at WISCH TV Channel eight. A tremendous baseball fan that that ultimately was so good at comedy there was really no holding him back and he became as hilarious of a dude and a stand up show as you're going to find anywhere. And a testimonial to that is just sit back and watch some of these videos that you can end up seeing now, especially more prevalent, you know, on the anniversary of his passing on social media. He was just an absolute genius, but even more than that, he was a great friend and I miss him. Three years later, it is still hard to comprehend that Ron is no longer with us, and I wanted to give a shout to the friends and the family of Ron. On a daylight today we are thinking about him and how much we miss him, and how much better we were when he was a part of our lives. Still here, being funny, just being Ron. I miss that. We missed that a great deal. So thinking about you, friends and family of our friend Rod Sexton. Meantime of the Anymore Automotive Group potline. He is from Fieldhouse Files. Scott Agnes joins us today. Good afternoon, Scott. How are you hello? John? Doing well?
Speaker 5: Getting ready for a WNBA All Star break?
Speaker 3: Here is Sophie Cunningham. Is Are there people that actually dislike her out there? Is she as polarizing as this ESPN dot com article would explain her to be?
Speaker 7: Definitely polarizing because she leaves no room for doubt. She always says exactly how she feels, and that's something, as you know, being in the media, we appreciate. There's no sugarcoating. If you ask a question, She's going to give you a direct and straightforward answer, and so yeah, definitely, I think some don't necessarily like all the things that she has to say and the way in which I think also to the joy than the fun and the sassiness that she plays with. That's one of the things she was telling me over the weekend at her camp up in Carmel. Is it's okay to play with an edge. It's okay to be a boss out on the court. That was what she was trying to instill, among many things into these young girls.
Speaker 3: She does her game back up her popularity or does her popularity off the floor? Is it more overwhelming than her performance on the floor. Is that fair to ask?
Speaker 7: I think so, And it's kind of a hard to measure, but I would say, originally, probably, John, it was the popularity, and now it's the game. She is having a really really strong season, right I really settled into her role originally started then came off the bench, and that, quite frankly, is where they need her because they need some scoring, some energy, some juice, quite frankly, off the bench in addition to her three point shooting. So as much as it would be great for her in the league and this team for her to be in the three point shootout, make no miss.
Speaker 5: She deserves it.
Speaker 7: She's a top five three point shooter in the league this year, just as Lexi Hall was last year when she was included.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny about and we'll get to that point of the lack of All Star invitation, All Star weekend invitation, three point shooting competition in just a second, which is absolutely asinine. But did the Fever know what they were getting in her, what they have in her right now when they brought her in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: I think she's delivering right now, John, exactly what they had hoped for, some energy, some three point shooting. She would space the floor, she could attack, she could play within the flow of the offense. I think this year now she's starting to deliver upon exactly why they acquired her via trade last year.
Speaker 3: Scott agneson Fieldhouse Files, he saw the Anymore Automotive Group hotline. So Kelsey Mitchell, NAH three point shooting competition. Sophie Cunningham NAH three point shooting competition. Listen to the very least you have to have Sophie Cunningham a part of something, don't it. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Doesn't make sense that there's no Fever player represented. And I get maybe Kaitlin did not want to do it and prioritize her rest and recovery, and the same probably quite frankly goes for Sabrina and Escue. You're defending champion. I think that's more detrimental to the three point contest. I love the fact, even though I didn't like the dynamic this past year in the NBA John of Damian Lillard not playing a game at all but still participating in the three point contest. What I liked about it is he wanted it, and we don't see that much anymore with these all star games, the Pro Bowl, whatever it is. And so I think it would be a real miss for the league if you don't have the most pop somebody from the most popular team represented on the Friday night. Remember, this is the only team that's at every game on national TV.
Speaker 5: They are the it team.
Speaker 7: Somebody should be out there, whether it's Clark or somebody else.
Speaker 3: The numbers, this seems like that they're breaking records every time they're on a national broadcast like that too, So it would stand re that maybe you'd utilize it more and put that under more of a focus than what the WNBA ultimately does.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it does take two sides here to tango. What we do know if Cunningham's told us over the weekend, Yeah, I haven't heard from anybody, but I would take full advantage of that opportunity. So we do know her willingness unclear just yet of Mitchell even Boston, although her attempts are down a little bit, but she's had a tremendous year shooting from beyond the arc, and that was the one thing that was pushed on by the coaching staff. I remember Stephanie Whine in training camp, what do you want to see from Boston here in year four? The only thing she specified is I wanted to willingly take threes. Confidently she started to do that. She too could deserve it. And sometimes they like to mix in bigs and make sure it's not just a guard three point shooting contest. Maybe you could have included her with that. She's going to be out there anyway for the All Star Game, and a lot of times with these john they like to already include people that will be playing in the game anyway. So it's easy for someone like Clark, Boston or Mitchell. But also keep in mind here there's a higher price too, so there's a more significant number associated with those being included. This is all part of that new collective bargaining agreement. Anyone that participates in it gets ten thousand dollars, the winner gets twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So Scott six technicals for Caitlin Clark, we all know the situation. You get to eight, you get suspended. So the likelihood at least timing why she's going to get at that point again at some point in this season. Is she taking all of this? A couple of days ago in her response to the Q and A, you guys are lobbing or I should say, you know, James bo what I think was the ask or the question here that she was being asked. Is she taking this too lightly?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I think she recognizes what makes her great and it's her competitive edge, it's her being fiery. I think we have seen her in certain games where she knows needs to tone it back or just can't make an episode necesscessarily with the officiating. Here's what I think it comes down to for her more than anything is she's got to stand her ground for her health's sake. I think she's begun to take some of the lack of calls and the reason she is arguing as a direct shot at her health and her availability. I don't think this is trying to be confrontational or maybe like the rest of the league, everybody trying to get more consistently.
Speaker 5: The times that.
Speaker 7: She's went down and then got up furious, it's been times that, look, she had a quad bruise, or she didn't finish the Phoenix game because of more pain in her lower back, quad, all that areas, so it's all connected. I think that's why we're seeing her be a little bit more fiery, and I wouldn't expect that for that to change, because if it's costing her games, it's costing everybody well.
Speaker 3: And she can't with this though cost her teammates, the organization, the fan base games. It can't come to that. And while I agree with what you're saying about the lack of calls, you and I both know this. Everybody knows this by now. The WNBA officials suck and it's not like all of a sudden they're going to be transformed into being adequate officials. So you yourself and your game you have to adapt to that. And a part of that adapting to it is making sure you don't compromise your situation, meaning you're playing time with your teammates at any point in the season that's non injury related. I think that that would be incredibly detrimental. Thus, I think you don't have to tone down your enthusiasm for the game, but you just have to understand, Scott, from my angle, what you're dealing with these officials, and that's that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think that's totally fair. And I also think she understands her importance to this franchise and her availability night in and night out. Yet at the same time, I think they're trying to prove this greater issue. I think we've seen some progress in the number of calls and some progress in the freedom of movement, but clearly, as you stated, I mean, there's still a long waiste to go, and for those that are just jumping in, you know, the last couple of years, this has been an issue the entirety of the WNBA. It's just now a gigantic spotlight because as you referenced earlier. More and more of these games are getting incredible viewers. I mean, their game against the Liberty over this past weekend became the second most watched WNBA game in history at over two and a half million, against two of the top teams in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 3: Scott Agnes of Fieldhouse files he is on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. It is certainly an interesting idea. It's funny. I asked Kevin Bowen this guy a little bit earlier. It's sometimes the most rabbid fans of Kaitlin Clark out there, I think are detrimental to Kaitlin Clark because they're so rabbid. They they're stupid, they're ignorant about stuff, and the constant bashing of the head coach, for example, for not absorbing the technicals is just ridiculous. And I think sometimes that that rabid, cult like fan base of Caitlin Clark is detrimental to her overall view and cast, not on the floor, but just in general terms to her image.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we've felt a lot of that in the last couple of months especially, and everybody's willing to jump in on that conversation. What I haven't liked, John is the fact that the number of former players that haven't stood up for that haven't gone to bat for her and discussing what she's experiencing the realities face like. As much as we talk about the other players involved, I think it's remarkable how at what age twenty four, all that think about the negativity we see. Imagine what her Twitter feed has to home. Her Instagram has.
Speaker 5: To be like.
Speaker 7: I think that's why she mostly remains off of it. Instagram. She's certainly on and leaves some of the hilarious, wittiest remarks in the comments section, but outside of that, I mean, several individuals, including Stephanie White, have just deleted social media altogether. That's not a healthy way to live in general, right, if we have to totally get rid of it. So, I think you have the rabid fan base where someone can do no wrong. You have the fan base that's entirely jealous or wants others to get attention, and then you also have the outliers that just have no interest in what's going on but want to make themselves hurt and be part of the conversation and try to capitalize on this movement.
Speaker 3: Scott Agnes with us, what's your expectation for this team coming up after the All Star Break? There have been moments, and maybe the last two games would be those particular moments where you're thinking, maybe they catch a little bit of fire and live up to those high level of expectations we had we expecting to see that coming up after the All Star Break from this group.
Speaker 7: I think so it does feel like some things in different ways are starting to click. They still have some of those lulls, right They'll get up by seven after one and then held to twelve points in the second quarter and trail by six at halftime. It's more often than not, it's seemingly those middle two quarters, it seems like, and then they have to ratchet things up to get back in the game, and then it's really a toss up late to go. But the fact that, I mean, there's so many we sometimes talk about all those negatives, there's so many positives to it. I mean, the fact that Kelsey Mitchell is on an incredible tear right now, twenty plus points in ten straight games, and it comes so easily to her. I think the fact when a Leah Boston what she's been able to produce in her time out there. There's certain things we still need to see more of. I want to see more from Lexi Hall, especially in that starting position. Same goes with Motnique Billings. You need more out of that three and four spot. But what Cunningham has been able to do to the bench, Ty Harrison spot moments, even Mikayla Timpson. I like some of that that they've been seeing because we know what they've been able to do and we'll be able to do at the top. It's those secondary pieces, those you know, the role players here that really have to buy in and lean into that specific role that will be able to help carry them into the postseason.
Speaker 5: We've seen that in the w We've seen that into the NBA.
Speaker 7: It's less about top, top heavy talent, right, It's more about having the depth to sustain through injuries, adversity, suspensions, whatever.
Speaker 3: Scott agnes with us before I let you go. That is also a quality we believe that the Pacers have. And we've seen the off season moves and we saw the nineteen wins last year. They were compromised obviously heavily with injury, as we all know, right, now, but you look around the landscape of the NBA those nationally that cover it, there is a lot of outer side out of mind given coming up in twenty six and twenty seven for their belief in this Pacer team. Is this something that just comes naturally because of the season they have or have people? Are people just not dialed in with the belief like the Pacers are in this core group and the bounce back to where they were before the Halliburton injury in Game seven last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, great question. I think it's a number of things. First of all, it's just Indiana being overlooked, as they always are, and I would argue John, this franchise has always been better when that's the case, when they are thought to be playing from behind, backs against the wall, if you want to use that overused cliche there, this team's always been better in that way. Secondly, we don't know what Tyre's Halliburton looks like and when he is the fulcrum, when he is the key piece of this Indiana team and the way in which they play and the way in which they were built, that is a significant question mark, both because of the Achilles and the way in which the shingles directly infected him. And then the fact that they really didn't make much changes, and so it tends to be more obvious and more interesting to some of these especially national shows, right to discuss this is the landmark change. What's the most significant move of the offseason. Well, bringing in Kelly Oubray junior is not going to move the needle. So I'm not surprised that something like that has not been part of that conversation. The Pacers moves was Halliburtons, Zubots and now they lean very much so on their continuity.
Speaker 3: Hey, Scott, before I let you go, and if you don't want to answer, that's okay. It's a little bit personal. But are you have the fever? The Pacers kind of changed up their pace on the way you're able to cover the team. Has that changed at all?
Speaker 5: What do you mean by pace?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean what their decision that was stupid. Yeah, entirely.
Speaker 7: I have no access day to day to fever practices, fever game.
Speaker 3: What can I rest for? What can I do to help that out? Is there anything I can do?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure I've tried to. If you can initiate any conversations to bring in.
Speaker 3: Because No, I think you do a really good job, and I think this is all pretty much bull crap.
Speaker 7: My biggest challenge in all this, John is all I've asked is just to have a conversation. Let's get in the room, be grown ups and discuss and let me hear their side, let them hear mine. And we just haven't gotten to that point. Get my coverage goes on. I was out there in Las Vegas, I will be in Chicago for WNBA All Stars.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you this, I think you do a fantastic job. And I think that in this era of Scott, for this team, this organization, I don't think you can push people that are young, enthusiastic and have a purpose in doing this like you, And even if you're old like me, I don't think you can push. You can't afford to push anybody away. And I just kind of wondered if there's anything we can do around here because we have you. I mean, hell, you're online three times a week around here as well. I just kind of wonder if there's anything that we can we can do to help. No.
Speaker 7: I do appreciate that it's a remarkable a number of business people I saw out and pacers have no issue with them. It's just one or two people that you know are clearly blocking the way and do not want me around and do not understand the justification. They're all coverage here is good coverage. Courage people to see or you know, and read the stuff I'm producing on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you want that around? Well, we'll help any way we can, because I know that I'm speaking for everybody here. We appreciate your content on the shows pal we do, and especially me after sixteen years of jack assery. I appreciate it very much. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Nah, you're all good. I appreciate your your concerns there.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, and I didn't want to bring it up. If you didn't want to go there, you didn't have to go there. But I just thought, man, if there's any way, because we use you so much, if we can help, we absolutely would. Scott again, thank you, and we'll direct people to field House files to see your content. Whether you're active being able down to field House or not, it does not matter. We'll push people there for you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You got Scott Agnes right there. At Fieldhouse Files on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pile line man, James, I better not do it. Huh, go ahead and move on. I just don't know what to ask because it's been a minute and it's so stupid. James says, break. We'll break right here by the way. We got to go early goth Brooks tickets before I bail right now, Weather Updates. Got to see a Fox with the nine James.
Speaker 1: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell's in there.
Speaker 1: It's weird and pissed off whatever it is. Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan. Not just yet, but we're getting closer.
Speaker 3: Garth tickets one, two, not three, but four shows coming up at August James, not quite yet, are we No, we're not yet to start.
Speaker 4: But now that you said the words, I'm waiting for people to start calling.
Speaker 3: What do you think would be an interesting number? I'm gonna throw around a number. Total. We've gone sixty. I think the past couple of days, I think we can go higher.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, I mean I think yesterday we got close to eighty people.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, that is coming up in a second. I sit tight for that Red Sox fifteenth consecutive when that is matching a club record longest wins streak and team history eighty years ago. That goes back to nineteen forty six and their American League championship team led by future Hall of Famer Ted Williams. They're fifteenth straight win earlier this afternoon. You know what's funny about that, they are still six games back in the al east of Tampa Bay, fifteen consecutive wins. Red's five to three, top of seven over the Mariners. That is in Seattle, Cardinals Angels, top of six, no score in that contest. Cubs and Tigers later off to night. I believe that is an ESPN game for your Cubs fan. I mean, hell, I didn't even know ESPN still had games and stuff on. Well, they lay everybody off and not have games anymore. You know, it's it's so weird. Other than live action, it is few and far between for me on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I so much still loved the time when they used to have Denise Austin and what's her name from Hawaii, Keana Tom doing aerobics, log rolling all that stuff in the afternoon. Yeah, all this like yelling at one another back and forth, can smooth it and get the hell out of here. I think that sucks.
Speaker 4: Not a fan of the hot take machines.
Speaker 3: No, the hot take machines can can stick it truly so outside of live action, I don't even know when the hell I watch True True Story. It's Big Nige right there from Hammer and Nigel in the hall. Quick break will come back Garth Brooks on the other side, You guys get ready for that live and I'm counting on you guys to all show up in Speedway tomorrow when and where and why and the level of fun we're going to have is going to be massive. Can you guys take it on a Thursday? Sure? You can't tell you all about that? And more and give somebody a chance to win Garth tickets next.
Speaker 1: The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 3: But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not.
Speaker 1: Normal ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan Not Here.
Speaker 3: We Go seventy seven zero on the text line of three one seven, two, three nine ten seventy is going to go see Garth Brooks on US four shows at All gamebridge Field House coming up in August. Tickets available now, but you can win them right here, number seventy seven zero. I want to see those texts coming in, and I mean fast and furiously here and faster than this. This is almost a half assed effort so far, James, we can have it. If the host is never going to give you a half assed effort there zero, you should give me one. Let's go number seven seven zero. Everybody has a chance, go get it. Garth Brooks four shows. Tickets available number seventy three, one, seven, two thirty nine, ten seventy This show tomorrow, everybody, you guys gonna show up Speedway City Garage coming up tomorrow, Speedway City Garage. The hauler parade is going to take place because we're going to be on Main Street. But we got coffee coffee served up Founders Grounds Coffee and pax Verim Brewing has us tomorrow too. We've got coffee and beer for everybody. I cannot wait to see you guys Speedway City Garage that is coming up tomorrow. My Fanks to Scott Agnes, Fieldhouse Files, Kevin Bowen Fan Morning Show seven until ten am. Right here, James Boy to Martin knighton on the Fan weekday mornings James, great job out of you. Thank you all for listening being a part of the show. I have so much fun with you. Can I imagine spending time without you. Speedway sitting garage at three tomorrow, let's all get together and have ourselves a party. It starts at three Main Street and Speedway tomorrow. Ninety three five and one oh seven five of fan have a great night.