Speaker 1: Hold it he ha man, half woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, Gary, you want to help you to the tea.
Speaker 3: That's Gary.
Speaker 4: Jary has his tea in the cloor today.
Speaker 1: What up Gary?
Speaker 3: Good morning RICKI, Good morning America, Good morning you. It's Thursday, a beautiful, beautiful day in the neighborhood. And here's what's happening in celebrity news. But before I say my news, I just listened to that song that just went off there, and I just discovered something. Honey, jay Z that little boy saying that he's jay Z's son. He may be jay Z's son because I listened to the lyrics just now and he said in that song, let's go half on the sun, my past ain't one. He could be that child could be his son.
Speaker 4: That song proves it, huh.
Speaker 3: And it proves it.
Speaker 5: But maybe he's saying my past, I don't have one in my past? My past not yeah, I mean like I don't have one yet. What maybe he's saying I don't have one yet? If he says my past ain't none.
Speaker 3: No, he said, let's go half on the son, because you know my past ain't one.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, you might have just reopened the case.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that boy, been going around saying that jay Z is his dad. He could be his daddy because he just told them one and let's go half on the sun.
Speaker 5: My past ain't warn very the kid is old though. We're not gonna do this.
Speaker 1: I think Gary's on the something that.
Speaker 3: Song and I was listening to playing all the Stars in the Sky of the Day.
Speaker 6: Baby whatever, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Here's what's happened in celebrity news, y'all. Wendy Williams, Oh, my god, you know how much I love Wendy wigs.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It's being reported that Wendy Willis believes, y'all that her guardianship our deal it's karma for me celebrity gossip Now. They said that Wendy believes that her past career as a celebrity gossip queen is the reason for her guardianship our deal Now. She spoke with her friends Charlemagne and Lauren LaRusso they discussed their private dinner y'all with Windy during a recent episode of the Brilliant Indio podcast Now. Charlemagne was Wendy's called y'all, which we know that on her popular syndicated radio show on w b That's in New York City. She said, quote, she feels like everything is going through right now. Is God getting her back? Honey for all the things that she said? She said, you know, and I don't believe that though. But Charlamagne said Wendy's statement made him reflect on his own past honey approach to broadcast. That means that Wendy Williams said to us at dinner is exactly where my energy was, he said. Now they're saying that the former talk show host now sixty two hundred, was forced to retire from her TV show in twenty twenty one after being diagnosed with dementia and a phasian. Now she has spent y'all the past several years at Katari, a luxury assistant living facility in New York, and she previously y'all lived on a locked ward at the same facility. Do y'all believe in karma?
Speaker 5: Is calma real?
Speaker 4: Oh? Really?
Speaker 5: So's darma?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: For sure, you get what that's biblical. You get what you gain.
Speaker 4: You you know, I don't think the way Wendy Williams did it, it wasn't mean. Sometime it was it was close to being mean, but it was so entertained in the way she did it or whatever.
Speaker 1: But maybe in her latter years, but early in her years, her radio years, if you go back.
Speaker 5: And everybody was it was nervous to go to her.
Speaker 6: I was one of those artists that was very nervous to go to her because you never knew what she was gonna say. And even if you try to do your best interview, she was going to say something to to make you.
Speaker 1: When you're outing people and you putting people in really really awkward and uncomfortable situations by focusing on things that they really didn't want out publicly, we can't.
Speaker 5: Judge and say that it's karma.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: If that if that's what she feels like, then that's her opinion. I think everything is God's will, So whatever is going on, if this may be to make her better, to make her I don't know, but I just feel like everything is God's will and it's not up to me to say it's karma.
Speaker 4: And even if she did show that, she didn't do that. You know, uh, people people illness is their ill illness. I wouldn't try to connect it to karma because God to give us all, you know what I'm saying, She didn't do. It's some people around here are did way way more bad stuff and they's super healthy and happy and rich and all that kind of stuff or whatever.
Speaker 1: Song.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't blame Karma on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate her saying thinking that, Yes, we love Wendy, I love Winning no matter what. I don't care what she said about nobody, me or whomever. I loved Missus Williams. I rushed to the TV every day to watch it.
Speaker 5: Talk about you. I know you want to be in that number, but she never thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was on the show a few times actually, but I'm not even talking about back in the day.
Speaker 5: She talked about all of us as artists, so.
Speaker 4: I thought were important, sitting in the dressing getting out, make up done for this nature one day and we were watching Windy and she was talking about us and blah, here was turned to looked at each other laughing. Damn. But yeah, we had the opportunity to go on that show twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: She was always nice to me. She ain't never do no message stuff to me when I went on there. And then one time I remember when time johnifertime she talked about that and then she also shout at me out sitting next to her parents at church one Sunday.
Speaker 6: She said, I flirted with I had to get that straight, did you. Yeah, absolutely I did not, But I did get that straight and let her know, like she was a nice person and stuff, but she definitely wouldn't my cup of tea.
Speaker 4: And the way you did it was funny.
Speaker 5: It was you know what I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't try to be malicious at all. I just had to let her know I had receipts too. She was saying I was a smooth operator and all this other stuff like I wasn't smooth operating up on.
Speaker 5: You, girl, smooth. I take the credit for that.
Speaker 6: But you know I got a beautiful wife, and you will not say I tried to holler at you.
Speaker 5: So I had to straighten out.
Speaker 6: It was a very funny episode doing I'm grateful that she even put put us on there, you know, and I know.
Speaker 3: She always do stories on important people.
Speaker 5: So that was Jerry, why are you so shamey? Had to be important and she thought about you and talked about you.
Speaker 6: So she talked about me several times back in the nineties and during her show.
Speaker 5: I actually was on her show. So did you ever make it to the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was there in spirit.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, you're just better than nothing.
Speaker 5: The next story moving.
Speaker 3: On and know, y'all, Oh my god, Hollywood power couple, y'all, Johnedan Majors Honey and his beautiful white men's name good Honey were actively to y'all, contacting several because Honey about possible carrying their baby.
Speaker 5: Oh this is so beautiful, y'all.
Speaker 3: Now they're saying that while inside of this, Honey was not able to confirm whether the couple ultimately signed the contract, they told y'all that they interviewed at least two Los angenness based sterrogus and were completely all serious about exploring their I think that would be good. That would be nice to have a nice, beautiful baby, you know, she could you know, I think sometimes when we have kids, we should that will at least be the godparents.
Speaker 5: Why would you lay your ex.
Speaker 6: People you're talking about when we have kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when the person have kids, they should let the ex because my figure at least let the know.
Speaker 5: You see, this could have been your child. No, no, Gary, that's how that works. Well anyway, now.
Speaker 3: Why we shout alight, don't forget tonight to watch the ricka smart One the show on Family Feld. We're gonna be fielding tonight on Family Fund, y'all and talking about Central time check your local listening.
Speaker 5: Or the time playing against Wow team.
Speaker 3: Against Yeah Pow.
Speaker 5: Wow in this family. Beautiful my god, Hey Teresa, we.
Speaker 2: Love you call me.
Speaker 3: All the day, yall. Is one of my able glure my glove they pelly on the high you say it's that Parley and on the launch just a beautiful brown next you little for.
Speaker 4: Today, Yes, y'all going to the game with.
Speaker 3: More. I'm getting the six.
Speaker 7: Wake up, wake up to get your age.
Speaker 5: Us lead you when your house shoes up with the better wait wait wait care with.
Speaker 7: Each other and beef productor you want to show one when you come the row O come on.
Speaker 5: Tell John waitel. I'm calling from like can't Kentucky?
Speaker 7: Wake up?
Speaker 3: Wake up up?
Speaker 6: I didn't your seconds off from Atlanta? Wake up, wake up Camilla, every dollar spons Bnan you're standing your Cunningham and calling out with fine bird South Carolina. I want to send a shout out to my son all.
Speaker 2: The way and get to wake up.
Speaker 5: Wake up Pet's birthday.
Speaker 4: Yo yo yo yo, This is about a little calling some of the Queen City. I want to wake up my brother Kenny Washington and Chelton, South Carolina, my sister Demetrio, my mama, Gwinny Mack, my kids, and Charlotte wake up with up with I love y'all what your.
Speaker 5: Because we're gonna make him no.
Speaker 7: Wake up, wake up, I had said, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up.
Speaker 5: Stand damn you wake up? Wake up, wake up, wake up? You welcome regain all.
Speaker 4: Right, party people, Make sure you check out my exclusive sit down.
Speaker 1: With young Droe.
Speaker 4: He opened up you know about his past struggles with addiction, uh and and listen where he is now and his message to young people. Do not miss my podcast called on the Spot. Make sure y'all check it out. And the Little Boost when went viral. Make sure y'all checked that one out also, and you can find it wherever you listen to your favorite podcast or catch it on YouTube. At Rickusmoley on.
Speaker 3: This about that time I got three days.
Speaker 4: You need to know what up?
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: Good to be with you this morning.
Speaker 4: How are you man? Blessing? How to favorite?
Speaker 5: How you feeling?
Speaker 2: Man? I feel exactly the same. My kids love me and the rest don't matter. So listen, we are seeing some really interesting things happen around politics. I mean, I think that the thing that I'm most encouraged by, even though I've been encouraged by quite a bit, is seeing how Angie Nixon just destroyed all conventional wisdom in Florida to pull out this upset. And I think there are people that are talking about, well, she's riding the wave of democratic socialism. She was outspent in ways that it's just insane. But I think one of the things that excites me more is it I don't think it's about her connection to democratic socialism. While that plays a role, we just got to remember, man, that people turn out for you when you serve them. And and Edgie Nixon, it was somebody that was on the ground. People knew her, people saw her. She didn't take lightly the responsibility of being an elected official. She she put She got arrested in the name of fighting for for voting rights and access and and fair lines being drawn and and and that can't be understated like that. We we keep thinking this is about some kind of populist movement. It's just about how well you can can push somebody's talking points, like folks are doing the real work on the ground and we cannot ignore that, and so so excited about her campaign and the possibilities there. But Rick, I know that that as we get closer to November, because there's only a few primaries left in Delaware and Louisiana, Massachusetts and New Hampshire as well as Rhode Island, we're getting into that November space, and that November space. There's still some of you that are not registered to vote, and I hope that you do register to vote if you have not. But it's not just four hundred and thirty five members of Congress that are on the ballot. If you keep scrolling, you've got attorney generals rick in thirty states, secretary of state who runs your elections, in twenty six state, eighty eight state legislative chambers. That's almost and almost three hundred judges are going to be on the ballot. There's more than fifty ballot measures that are already locked in across twenty eight states, and that number is still going to grow in between now and when we get to the elections. So here's the part I really need folks to hear. The names at the top of the ticket get all the noise. We know that and those things are important, but the names at the bottom get all the reach. Your district attorney decides who changes, who charges, and who gets a second chance. Your share if your school board, obviously that's your child's classroom. The county commission is a hell of a lot of money. In county commissions. It's not just your water bill, it's your roads, whether a clinic stays open, and those races sometimes they come down to a few hundred votes or less. Absolutely, I need you to see your ballot. Some of them aren't done yet, and so I know that that many of you can't get the ballot yet. But one of the most important things we can do in this process is know the ballot so we know what's there. Some of us say we don't want to vote because we don't trust this or we don't trust that, but we don't even know what the hell is on the ballot, And so I really want you to either go to ballot pedia dot org, go to vote dot org that there are so many platforms out there that will give you your entire ballot, so you know if you're not registered again, you still have time dead start hitting around the first week of October. For some states. Go to vote dot org. Vote dot gov only takes about two minutes and it will tell you when your registration deadline is. Y'all, listen, I don't think a system has to be perfect for us to use it. And I have a hell of a lot of problems with our system of government, from some of the candidates, to the parties, to the process. But I also know that no matter what, this is a tool that we have, and we've seen too many times. It's not just Trump, but we've seen too many times that when we stay home, or we don't engage, or when we're uneducated, or when we believe misinformation, the impact destroys us. So y'all please plug in in the ways that you can plug in, in the ways that move you and that matter to you. Don't let anybody else take your power. Y'all, hit me a gestination, let me know what you're thinking. Can't wait to tell y'all on Monday about a new show that I I got coming on the Blackstar Network. We're rolling more of that later, y'all. Hit me adjust Nation Love y'all have a fantastic mus