Speaker 1: Hi, Oh, let's go. Oh, let's go. Oh, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go. The pump the back says Talk one oh seven point nine FM WBT. Brett Jenson here with you on this relatively calm but potentially stormy edition of Breaking with Brett Jensen as we go up until seven o'clock tonight, seven oh four five, seven oh one oh seven nine. That is the telephone number. That is also the WBT text line driven by Liberty Buick GMC boys and girls follow me up on x at Brett Underscore Jensen for all the lettuce and breaking news in and around.
Speaker 1: The Charlotte area.
Speaker 2: So I want to there are a couple of things that we're going to try and get into tonight, but I want to start off with something that transpired up in Washington, DC, and it's the Save America Act, which we all know is being held up by a few Republicans, none other than Tom Tillis himself, the man that every Republican in North Carolina loves to hate. Ncgpiece censured him. Districts Congressional districts vowed before he said that he wasn't running for reelection, vowed and voted that they would not give him any funding or any support.
Speaker 1: Not that their backing financially.
Speaker 2: Would have been more than a drop in the bucket when you're talking that much money that is being spent. But it's more the symbolicness of it all, how the ncgfpiece censured him, and how districts like right over in District eight, which is Cober's County, Union County and parts of Stanley County and going east Blayden Andson all that right, Columbus, Well, they voted not to give him one red penny, And again it's the symbolicness of it all. Financially speaking, it wouldn't have made that big of a deal, but it shows how much they truly disliked Tom Tillis. And as I said last week, I believe Tom Tillis is pure unadulterated white hot hatred for Donald Trump, which he has exhibited basically since twenty seventeen when he took office in twenty seventeen, is getting in the way of what he's supposed to be doing for the peap He's representing the people, but yet he's only representing himself at this particular point.
Speaker 1: He's only doing what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: He doesn't give two rats asses about what the constituents in North Carolina wa. I truly believe that, or otherwise this would be a done deal. Yes, there's Susan Collins, but we we all know Susan Collins is. How many times is Susan Collins voted with Democrats up in Maine, right, And that's why she still wins even though it's a basically a purple or a little slightly blue state. But she keeps getting elected because she votes with Democrats quite a bit. How about remember Joe Manchin in West Virginia. West Virginia is as bright red as it gets, but yet he was a Democrat senator for years and years and years, and yes, oftentimes he voted with the Republicans, but there are also times that he voted with the Democrats. And that sort of seems to be where Tom Tillis is. And as I also say, I believe it was last week that he has shot his legacy. His legacy is completely shot. It's done. This is his legacy. Republicans hating him, having no home politically, that is his legacy. Doesn't matter how many people in the media or whatnot try to suck up to him. Some do, some don't, some actually call it as it is. He was exceptionally instrumental, one of the key figures, one of the main people in switching North Carolina from a blue state up in Raleigh to a red state and always being just one shy of a supermajority. And then you know, you might have a couple of people flip and next thing you know, Electricia or color Cuttingham the siph Magid. Next thing you know, they've got super majority because they were always just one shy, but they always had super majority.
Speaker 1: In the Senate.
Speaker 2: And Tom Tillis was essentially responsible for that. But nobody's going to remember any of that. What they're going to remember is how he was refusing to make voter ID part of federal law, even after we just had the sixty six hundred illegal aliens get voter registration cards up in New Jersey. Or the governor blamed it on a software glitch on the company, and the company came.
Speaker 1: Out and said, don't you blame that on us.
Speaker 2: That's actually impossible for our software to glitch. The only way it can glitch is if you institute it manually, which is what they did up in New Jersey. How many times we saw it up in Minnesota a year ago or so, where they admitted there are many, many people, probably thousands of people in Minnesota that are not here legally or not citizens, that have voter ID cards because the only way you have to register to vote in Minnesota, and they admit it, admitted this under oath is that well, if you get a driver's license, because they allow illegal aliens to have driver's licenses. If you get a driver's license, then you automatically can register to vote while you're there at the DMV two for one, one stop shop. So it's not just New Jersey. We obviously know what's going on in Minnesota. We were damn sure it's positive going on in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and especially California.
Speaker 1: But Tom tell Us is not voting for it.
Speaker 2: And I bring all this up because of this poll, the McLaughlin pole, the Save America Act support.
Speaker 1: Percentage.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play a little game here in the studio.
Speaker 1: What's the percentage of those polls.
Speaker 2: That say only US citizens should be allowed to vote in federal elections? What percentage do you think that was of those people said yeah, only citizens should be allowed to vote in federal polling or federal elections. What percentage thirty way higher now Lining said eighty two percent of people said, yeah, you should only be allowed to vote if you're a citizen. It makes sense, right, Like you if not a citizen of north of North Carolina or America? Why would should should you have a say so in who the governor is? What percentage of people this is rhetorical? What percentage of.
Speaker 1: People require say that you should require a proof.
Speaker 2: Of citizenship, like you actually should have to show that you're a citizen of America in order to vote for a president. Seventy eight percent said, Yet, you should actually have to show proof that you're a citizen. You have to show ID to get on a plane, you have to show ID to connect your electricity or your water bill to your house or your apartment. Eight percent of those polls said you should require a voter ID photo seventy eight percent, So seventy eight percent of America says you should have a voter ID, like you should have to be able to show.
Speaker 1: Your driver's license whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Seventy eight percent said you should have to show that you're actually a citizen. And eighty two percent of America said you should only allow Americans to actually vote in American elections.
Speaker 1: Seems like a no brainer.
Speaker 2: Except for, you know, we've got those clowns with eyebrow rings and you know, purple hair running around, and it's always the white women. It's always white liberal women, always white liberal women. But now you've got Hikeem Jeffers out there saying this is going to be racist if this passes, well.
Speaker 1: Guess what.
Speaker 2: And the latest thing, thirteen Democrats crossed the line. Well, the Senate scheduled to go to break summer break. Donald Trump is starting to put pressure on the Senate leader, going no, no, no, you should not give a summer break to any of these clowns until you post or vote and pass this Vote Save America Act, which would also eliminate insider trading and give races to the military personnel.
Speaker 1: So if Tom.
Speaker 2: Tillis votes no, that means he's voting no to give to stop insider trading, and it means he's also voting no on giving military races. And as Tim Moore said to me last week when we spoke to him on Friday, what is Tom Tillis gonna do. He said he would let Tom Tillis speak for himself, but that he's hopeful Tom Tillis will finally get on board, and that he's still trying to talk Tom Tillis into voting for this because they have known each other for a very, very long time and they are very good friends. But yeah, just want to let you know what that new poll is coming out and what Tom Tillis is not doing for the state of North Carolina, even though he's supposed to represent the citizens of North Carolina, not represent himself or his address.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be the entire state.
Speaker 2: All one hundred counties and eighty two percent of Americans said only only Americans should vote in American elections, and seventy eight percent said you should have to show voter ID. We'll go back to breaking with Brett Jensen here on this stormy Tuesday night edition. Tornadoes up in the Kataba County area, Alexander County, Taylorsville area, and looks like they're moving east. Quarter sized hail, heavy wins emergency alert system telling you to take cover like it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's a whole thing. I've only seen two tornadoes in my entire life.
Speaker 2: One the most recent was in twenty eighteen in September when I had to go to Wilmington to cover Hurricane Florence. And I was down there and it was the day after or they like the day late in the day. I hit it like four in the morning, and then about seven at eight eight at night, seven o'clock at night, I'm driving between Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: That was when I saw the.
Speaker 2: Like the helicopter rescue, the Coast Guard rescuing people out of their cars, and I got video and photos of that. But driving down I believe it was Route one maybe or seventeen, and could see tornadoes off in the distance like.
Speaker 1: Nowhere near them.
Speaker 2: But the problem is when you see when they're that far in the distance, you can't tell which way they're going. You can't tell if they're coming at you, or you can't tell if they're going away from you.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: So the only other one was in it was a lot closer and a little bit nervous. Was the very first tornado in nineteen ninety seven. I was in Atlanta, Georgia, and that's when I was working in the CNN building in downtown right next to the Georgia Dome, and it was about two o'clock in the morning. And you know, you've seen all those interviews where they're interviewing people like, for whatever reason, how it's always white liberal women that are crazy. It's always white people in trailer parks that get hit by tornadoes.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Is about tornadoes and trailer parks, but they But I'm in Atlanta, and like where Valentine would be to Charlotte, that's where I was. To downtown Atlanta where I was living. It's like two o'clock in the morning, living in an apartment, and you could true. But like I was gonna say, all those people in the trailer park always say, it sounded like a freight train.
Speaker 1: What does it's a bit.
Speaker 2: It's just a constant roar, like an engine on like a train, and that's what you constantly hear, and the power goes out. It was pitch black, so you can't see where the tornado's at. You can't see where it's coming from, and you can just hear the winds and the trees snapping in the background.
Speaker 1: So I got in the linen closet in the hallway.
Speaker 2: You know, the little tiny linen closet where you keep your towels and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So I got in that, I got down.
Speaker 2: Closed the closed the uh closet door got down, and all I kept thinking was are these shelves above me holding the wash closet and stuff? Are these things gonna fall my head? And so uh Anyways, after five ten minutes it passed.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, that was weird.
Speaker 2: So the next morning when the sun came out and it's crystal clear, not a cloud in the sky, and so we got in the car, me and Buddy drove around and the neighborhood behind where I was staying at, so like maybe three, you know, half a mile three quarters of a mile. There was a lot of damage, a lot of down trees, roofs taken off of buildings, some blown over stuff. But it was a baby f one tornado, which is still enough to do some damage too, like those match sticks apartments that are building made out of fiberglass everywhere.
Speaker 1: But didn't do anything else.
Speaker 2: But those are the only two times I've been anywhere near a tornado. That's it, ben And obviously a lot of hurricanes did an earthquake done that? But never Like I said, tornadoes, I've seen them, but like i've seen one, I should say I've seen one and then heard the other.
Speaker 1: So that's about it.
Speaker 2: But all your people up in Kataba County right now, Alexander County, because you are right smack dab in the middle of our coverage where our radio signal goes, make sure you take shelter, whether it's you know, they always say what in the bathtub, which I never understood that either, because if you've got a fiberglass sliding door or glass sliding door, that could.
Speaker 1: Do some damage.
Speaker 2: But bathtubs, closets, small claw they talk about that.
Speaker 1: So just be careful.
Speaker 2: And as the warning said, like you know, it's a thing when the warning says, seek shelter, now, seek shelter, now courticize hell yeah right, we're talking serious damage.
Speaker 1: So just just go do what you gotta do. Take care of yourself. You want to keep listening to the radio.
Speaker 2: For more emergency systems on your phone, go to the WBT app or you can stream us online.
Speaker 1: At WBT dot com.
Speaker 2: Either one completely free, and you'll keep getting all these weather updates and if there's any more emergency alert services, you'll hear that as well, So just.
Speaker 1: Do what you gotta do. Welcome back to Breaking with Bret Jensen.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much been the traffic and emergency alert system show tonight. So but again there's a lot going on when you've had I eighty five closed down for many many hours and a thirteen mile jam backed up, and then obviously right now tornado warning Kataba County, Alexander County which is Taylorsville just north of Kataba County which is Hickory, and.
Speaker 1: All those storms moving east.
Speaker 2: Gust winds right now, just even on the storms, just a regular storm win gus according according to this is sixty miles an hour, and the maximum size of the hill right now is about an inch wide. That's about it, or about a quarter quarter size hell or an inch wide. But that's the that's what's going on right now. So that's why Pam's getting a lot of airtime between the you know, with the traffic and we've got a lot going on with the emergency alert systems going off three times in my show, three times, three times in thirty minutes, so we're averaging once every ten minutes. We're getting the emergency alert system first one went off at about six fifteen, and then we just had the last one go off at about six forty five and then one in the middle. So here you got three different emergency alert systems. And so that tells you some bad news. And I'm looking at the radar now and Morsville godspeed, good luck looking at it, mores looking at it right now, and all this stuff up there.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it's all right on basically like right on I.
Speaker 2: Forty Morsville, Salisbury, looking at the radar on my phone where the channel app Yeah, it's all right on I forty head and east. Good luck, all right, Make sure your animals are inside. I know you want to park your car inside so it doesn't get don take your animals inside.
Speaker 1: Don't be an idiot. God.
Speaker 2: I always feel like I have to say that because the morons will leave their animals outside when it's thirty two degrees. We oh they're outdoor animals, or when it's ninety eight degrees, or oh they're outdoor animals. Or when there's hail and tornadoes, Well they're outdoor animals.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So anyways, Oh, I don't even remember what I was going to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know I was going to talk about.
Speaker 2: And some of you, many of you may not care, and I get it, but just want to talk real quick for the next three minutes about the situation going on with the Tar Hills. We have been broadcasting the Tar Hills for sixty something years, and it is the state university. It is the flagship university for the state of North Carolina. No matter what NC State people want to tell you, or app State or East Carolina or anyone else, it's literally the flagship university.
Speaker 1: And we know what.
Speaker 2: An absolute disaster their season was last year with Bill Belichick's twenty four year old girlfriend, who's what forty eight years younger than he is, forty nine forty eight years younger than he is, and just.
Speaker 1: What a disaster.
Speaker 2: Shit was, What a disaster the product was on the football field. What a disaster Bill Belichick was. What a disaster the chancellor and the board of trustees were for making the athletic director have to hire him, hire this clown and his circus. Well, now the most useless man in the NFL, Michael Lombardi, but he's tied with Bill Belichick got a job as the UNC football general manager for one point five million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: He's a clown. I mean he is.
Speaker 2: And I saw two national podcasts last night by two of the top three or four college full of reporters in the country, Bruce Feldman and Andy Staples, and independently of each other, they said objectively, not subjectively, where you can have an opinion objectively, he was by far the worst college football general manager in America. Not only did he bragg and say they were going to be the thirty third team, thirty third NFL team, and they're going to treat it like a business, and now they're smarter than everyone else. He's getting paid one point five million dollars to win four games, and he got paid one point five million dollars again this year. And you know what the Vegas is. If you bet in Vegas, the over under means is four and a half, which means do you think North Carolina will win more than four and a half games or less than four and a half games? And yes, you can't have a half a game, but they do that on purpose, so there can't be a tie. So do you think they'll win five or more or four or less? That's how bad this football team is. Going to be so two straight years they've had a disaster because their general manager just got Crystal Hilled put on administrative leave with pay. Just got Crystal hilled and it apparently has something to do with HR. And we will know something within thirty days, because I think that's the law that has to happen with the position that he has. I think it has to be within thirty days, we will know what's going on. But North Carolina put this out at eight am yesterday morning, and that tells you all you need to know the fact that they're trying to get ahead of it. That quickly tells you this is not good. And they're probably looking for any way possible just to get rid of the whole Bill Belichick circus. I thought that the Ringling Brothers and Bartaman Bailey circus.
Speaker 1: Had gone under.
Speaker 2: Apparently not, because apparently they've pitched all the tents up in Chapel Hill.
Speaker 1: That's all I know.
Speaker 2: So anyways, just another day, another disaster with Bill Belichick and unc athletics.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: That is your flagship universe in the state of North Carolina. All right, tomorrow, hopefully weather, there's a lot calmer tomorrow. Hopefully we have a longer show tomorrow, But like I said, you'll hear getting ready to hear a little bit more of Pam and you're gonna hear also a lot more weather, probably throughout the rest of the night through TJ Show. My name is Brett Jensen, and you have been listening to Breaking with Brett Jensen.