Speaker 1: Ron Hatklinsky, who is the former Anderson coach in The Great High School Basketball Coach, was coaching Edgewood when I was in high school, and I needed to play for somebody like that who would kick my ass because I was just such a clownish wooss I was back on there. That's a regret. I don't want to have any regrets, but that's a regret I have. So maybe your dad could have done that right, could have worked it turned out differently. Joe could have coming from the same crowd who cryings about Notre Dame schedule constantly. Can you imagine sending that to me just now? I wonder was he seriously? I need it? And I know a lot of you probably evaluate things over the course of your life. I do this all the time, and that was a defining moment. Not that everybody around me at that time was not good. They were good people, but I was able to get away with stuff, and I wish now that I I wasn't. Are the Andy Moore Auto Montiic group Potline. He is the author of the biggest play in the history of the Indianapolis Colts and a friend of this show. Marlon Jackson joins us. How you doing, Pal, I'm good, Dane.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: It feels way too long. Did you look back on your playing career on whatever level and think, Man, I'm glad I was pushed in the fashion of which I was.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, I was well. I was listening to you know, as you're talking about life. You know, I don't have to necessarily look back and think I wish I was pushing. I mean I was pushed hard from an early age just for my life circumstance period, right, Like you know, I grew up with a lot of adversity within my household, within my community, so that that shaped my attitude, and that shaped my mindset.
Speaker 2: As a competitor. So the playing field that was my outlet, right to.
Speaker 3: Let out everything that was pent up on the inside from having difficulties in everyday life and struggles, and that became my outlet on the football field. But you know, and listening to everything you guys are talking about, adversity is helpful in helping you grow. The only way you actually really grow in life is through challenges and through adversities, is not through everything being perfect and everybody telling you how great you are and.
Speaker 2: Not having any difficulties.
Speaker 3: That's not where growth really occurs in life.
Speaker 1: I so wish, looking back on it, that I was challenged even more I do, And you know, you're kind of like I talked to my kids about not having regrets, and that's one massive regret that I have that I have to live with right now too. And maybe it's easier to look in the review to see exactly who you were, and I enjoy who I am right now, but I just wish that there would have been more war that could have been squeezed out of me at the time. And honestly, I don't I feel bad because I kind of wood out on a lot of things back then too, And I have a great deal of admiration for those guys that were coach hard. They agree to be coach hard, and then those that also coach them hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's it's always a fine line, but I've been That's.
Speaker 3: A challenges in society now, is you know, parents being okay with their kids being pushed and being coached hard, understanding that the ultimate goal is about growth and it's not necessarily about their comfort level and where they are right now, but where we would like them to be and it's going to take some challenges and challenging moments to actually help them get to that possibility that is within them.
Speaker 1: So, Marla Jackson, who joins us on the Anymore Automotive group, hootline, what is your thought on this coach team, not just for what you've seen so far in camp, but for the expectation. I mean, there are a lot of question marks and really going into the season, there is a lot of crossing your fingers and hoping. But what is your expectation for this group as we view it right now early stages of camp and Westfield.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, the only thing that comes to my mind when you pose that question is there's a lot of potential, right And I said, there's a lot of potential because of what we saw last year before the injuries occurred, and having that perspective and seeing the current roster, knowing that if we stay healthy, this could be a really, really good team with Daniel Jones at quarterback, a strong offensive line, Dalton Taylor at running back, Alec Pearce, Josh Downs and others. Right, you know, there's a lot of potential offense when you look at the defense and you look at this.
Speaker 2: Young talented secondary.
Speaker 3: You look at the young guys along the defensive front along with the veterans that are anchors up front, like the Forest Butner and Grover, and then you look at the young talent at the linebacker.
Speaker 2: Position and safety position.
Speaker 3: You see that there's a lot of potential, but it is all predicated on do we stay healthy. That is for me, that is the number one factor going into this season is can the key players on this team stay healthy? Can you keep Daniel Jones healthy? Can you keep Jonathan Taylor healthy? Can you keep Alec Pearce healthy? Like those are the critical things that you know as this season unfolds, it is what I will watch. Can you keep Sauce Gardner healthy?
Speaker 2: Right? Can you keep Mooney Ward healthy?
Speaker 3: Which is a big question mark when you speak about a guy like.
Speaker 2: Him that has concussion issues.
Speaker 3: You know, football is a very physical sport and we saw the potential on the customer being realized last season, but then we saw the wheels fall off when the injury started to occur.
Speaker 1: Marther Jackson with us, you are a valued member. As I mentioned, you're the altar, the biggest player in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. Of that cold secondary. How do you view up and down this cold secondary. Maybe compare that between the one you played with and the expectations that you feel. Hopefully, when healthy, this group can live up to.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the disguise the limit when I when I look at this secondary on paper, I think, arguably, talent wise, one of the best secondaries in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: When when you look at.
Speaker 3: The corners and then you look at Cam Binen as safety, but then when you look at you know, uh, the young guy that we brought in on a l s U is a A J. Halsey, And then you know, if you look at Wally at nickelback, there's a lot to be excited about. Wally is picking up right where he left off in training camp last year. Is great to see. Is great to see Sauce Gardner healthy because we all know he's an all.
Speaker 2: Pro level player.
Speaker 3: But then you know, we know what Mooney Warter can do when he's actually healthy, and then we know the playmaking ability that Cam buying him has, So then you know, you add in AJ Halsey as a young talented safety if he plays up to the level of his potential, the those starters in terms of the two corners, the nickelback, the two safeties, I mean, arguably the best in the league. But then it comes into play. We all know that at some point in time of the season that they're going to uh be some guys that need to step up, right the backups.
Speaker 2: So then it's about death. What does the.
Speaker 3: Death look like at secondary? We really won't find out until we are tested, but when you look at the front line, it is arguably one of the most talented secondaries in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting too. And Mala Jackson joins us On and Andy Moore aut aboutive group podline that we're not going to find out a lot of things until week number one against Baltimore, and that's why things get thick schedule wise with this team quickly in the first five weeks. You got to come correct or this is going to be problematic for the remainder two. And I think that's why you kind of look at this and you wonder, you know, hopefully Daniel Jones is ready. We've yet to talk about Alec Pierce. It maybe some edge rushing potential consistently with Leatu Latu can be involved in this, but a lot really has to come together early, and this has not been a staple of this Colts team recent history. Last year it was with injuries compromising things, but prior to that not so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we know we cannot afford to have one of the stars that we have historically had over the last we want to say, five plus seasons, with last year being the exception. With the difficulties that lie ahead and this with the scheduling, there's no room for air early in the season. And I think that has it should have created a sense of urgency in the off season, and even more so now that we are in training camp. So I'm sure the coaches are.
Speaker 2: Preaching urgency, consistency, finishing.
Speaker 3: All of those all of those themes, right, you know, trying to drill that into the mindset, and then hopefully they're creating a highly competitive atmosphere daily at practice, because that is where it all starts, is competition in practice. Competition in practice leads to positive habits that transition into results.
Speaker 2: Within the game.
Speaker 3: So, you know, we can only speculate right now, but you know, these are my hopes of what I hope is occurring when in the meetings and on the practice field, the competition daily in meetings on the field, in the weight room, sharpening that iron, developing those habits so that we are ready to go out there and run through this first part of the season and build the confidence to sustain us to the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Is Marla Jackson with us. We've talked about plenty of times in the past. Your foundation. You guys have something going on. It is a Colt Trivia event August, that's thirteenth, I believe, right, Marl, and talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, August, August thirteenth, we have the second second time that we're doing this Coach Coach Trivia at the Skylight Skyline Club and Indianapolis. The Coach will be playing the New England Patriots in their first preseason game that evening. Leading up to that from six to eight pm, you can come and hang out with me. I'm gonna be the host for the evening on the behalf of the Fight for Life Foundation in the Skyline Club of Indianapolis. And really it's a relaxed, laid back environment where we're gonna have five rounds.
Speaker 2: Of trivia that I will host.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have live music with DJ lock Star and when it is trivia.
Speaker 1: Is tough right there? I like lock Star man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, great guy does a great job on the tables and always we always work with them that Fight for Life and silent auctions and then prizes you know for the first, second and third place teams and great food, networking and community as well in terms of all the opportunities. And we'll be making a special announcement as well on something that we're releasing at the Fight for Life Foundation. Tickets can be purchased on our website. If you go to ww dot ff LF.
Speaker 2: Dot org short for Fight for Life Foundation.
Speaker 3: Dot org and then go to the hub, you'll see an article that has information about the event and a link to purchase tickets.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I tell you what we're gonna do too. Uh again, that is a what is that a week for?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: A week from tomorrow? Yeah, week from tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Week one week from tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Why don't we I'll put you on hold when we hang up or or well we disconnect here you talked to Kaleble. We'll get you back on this time next week and make sure everybody is aware of that within that twenty four hour period, Marlin, do you want to do that? I got to have you on more man, this been my bag. I've missed you a great deal.
Speaker 2: Oh I mean well I missed coming on too. It is always great.
Speaker 3: You always got great energy and it's great to connect and talk and talk coach football and just you know, life in general. As you started off this conversation talking about how.
Speaker 1: You grew up, yeah, big big Whoosi too. You're really proud to be on the big former Woosie right here, aren't you see?
Speaker 5: Bute?
Speaker 3: But the key the key word is there is former key the key word right, not not not current You you outgrew that that phase of life.
Speaker 1: Do we know how our guy Bullet is doing these days? And again, Melvin Bullet, do we know how he's doing these days? Because people remember our show together back in the day, The.
Speaker 3: Jackson The Jacksonne Bullet yam b. Yeah, Yeah, there's been It's been quite quite some time. But I haven't spoken to Bullet in quite some time. But I see from a far looks like he's doing great things in Texas. He has a sports complex that he has down there, and from what I can see, well.
Speaker 1: It looks like he's doing well that's awesome. Well, next Wednesday we'll do this again to remind folks that's the Skyline Club, which is by the way, awesome right there. That is going to be a great time to be had by all. But Marlon will remind people all this with you on the show again next Wednesday. If that's okay with.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, that's all great.
Speaker 1: We'll put you on hold. Marlon, you talked to Caleb. Will set that up for next week. But it's good to have you back on PAL.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Marlon Jackson on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline awesome, dude, Caleb said it up again for next Wednesday. I dig you know, I've only been in the Skyline Club one time, one damn time. I don't know how I've not been there more than once. I want to say that I was up and there. The one time I was there was thanks to our good friend a Paris. One time in the Skyline. This is legit. Actually, I think I had to speak at the Skyline because you know that there are probably some pre speech cocktails to make sure that this guy was ready to rock. Marlin does a great jemfes, what a great guy. Thank you Derek for sending me that to the Skyline Charity Classic in partnership with the Fight for Life Foundation, six o'clock Colts Trivia, August the thirteenth. That is a week from tomorrow. I've got a little Colts pregame show coming up a week from tomorrow, Ronald, I'm excited about it. I will get Marlon back on next week on the Andy Moore Auto Money Group Hotline. He is the coast of the Fan morning show along with Gabe Cups Boyd and his dance routine. It's Kevin Bowen with us right now. Did you approve this whole dance and video stuff being sent out by your co host?
Speaker 5: I was not following you there for for just a second. I thought you represented his basketball game.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 5: I'm probably not wanted to be judging anyone on their dance routines after my young jock performance there in Westfield, But.
Speaker 1: My goodness, you got to You got a close up right here on YouTube? Is that? What do you do? Are you laying in bed?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What's going on? No? No, no, there's a bag. We're all look. We got planing going on right there. I love it.
Speaker 5: We got Nelly Bowen crawling around. I put the two others upstairs. I figured she's the one for you the most trouble.
Speaker 1: So I thought you had that camera's almost up your nostril right there. That's a pretty big close up right there. No, no, it's good. I just know it's okay. We need to see your chiseled features.
Speaker 5: I thought you wanted to see my nose here. But yeah, James Boyd, I mean he's going a little solo, right. I mean it looks like he could be a backup dancer here for you know, the Jackson five or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a dancing guy. Honestly. I watched him perform that last night. He did like two or three different times, and he didn't look like he had much rhythm whatsoever. It didn't. It looked he.
Speaker 5: Got no jump shot and he's got no rhythm.
Speaker 1: He was begging for rhythm. Yeah, last night last night sucked. They do we played. I said this earlier. You can't play for an hour and a half pick up basketball and play four games. Then you're doing it all wrong. It was bad last night. So that's why I got to go back again tonight to Greenwood Christian and for the first time since he became the producer of this show. Caleb can't make it, so there's a check mark.
Speaker 5: Well, I was talking with somebody with the Colts and they were asking me if they could join Who's Your Your your pickup game? So remember there pr staff. Do you know Hayden Clark at all? He's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Can you play.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I assume, I mean sure, We're always wide open you.
Speaker 5: All right, So send him to Greenwood Christian.
Speaker 1: I'm a little hardcore about it, as Caleb can attest to. So once you're in, you you got to be in. I don't want I don't take people bowing out or not making it, and I sure as hell don't take the last minute bails. We cannot do that because you're gonna get it from me. If that's the case.
Speaker 5: I'll never forget a few years ago when James Boyd bailed on your Sunday morning because I thought he had a little strange next to him in bed, and you weren't happy with that.
Speaker 1: I don't care. You got plenty of time to work that you can get up at seven and come down here and play for two hours and get back to it, you know, heh.
Speaker 5: Bringer she can, she can, she can rebound during during during warmups.
Speaker 1: I I have no mercy in terms of the text group of these guys. If you're a no show, you're gonna hear about it. And I don't care if that's at Southport or at Senegrove or a Greenwood Christian or wherever. If you don't make it, you're gonna hear about it.
Speaker 5: So I love your intensity.
Speaker 1: I'm intense, there's no doubt. Hey, I'm going to ask you about your intensity. So you're a Notre Dame, honk, we know that to be true. Were you upset about this whole au Notre Dame thing or did Zach Osterman talk you off the ledge this morning?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I you know, honestly, what I want to see from college football is whether it's a big time the SEC. And that's kind of what Zach was hammering today. You know, they get an agreement for a non conference schedule, or you get the ACC in the Big Twelfth to join as well. And again, we can't agree on anything in college sports, so this is probably a pipe dream. But for me, I think we need to get all these powerful conferences to agree. Yes, your conference games are your conference games and then all of you need to play one tough well, I mean tough is kind of a loose term, but agree to one non conference game because for me, when we get to late August early September, John, that's that like quiet period for the NFL, right before Labor Day. And if you look at Week one of the college football slate this year, it's terrible. And to me, it's all these teams afraid to you know, risk having a loss, and I think we need to get an agreement here. Sorry, we got some crying kids there.
Speaker 1: Uh no, Max Salon, life's working behind you right there, that's all good. Is this the basement of the bowing the state right here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is Max?
Speaker 1: Hey? Max, Hey, tell Max to go get his grabbers.
Speaker 5: Max, you want to go get your chompers, get your chompers.
Speaker 1: And I want him to pull out his dad's ears while you're doing this interview. Can we do that?
Speaker 4: He's feeling a little bad, buddy.
Speaker 1: I'm Max. Hey, buddy, you guys are watching on YouTube live. Well you need to be right now because we got Max Bowen on the lap, Dad, Kevin Bowen. We're looking for the clampers of the clumper what it called the Clampers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he calls him as uh, he calls him as, calls him as chompers. Here, cool, let me go, let me go take him.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you're gonna take him upstairs. Kevin Bowen is going to take him upstairs right now. I'm back with you, Kevin Bowen, Cartisy, the Andy Moore Automotive Group, Potline. I love real life. I think you guys know that. And this is real life. There's nothing, not a damn thing wrong with real life, Brothers, there's.
Speaker 6: Not except except for what you gotta go get drinks with your friends and then you get chast eyes on are well, you might.
Speaker 1: As well get used to. You're the one that accepted this again, you knew what that was going to entails. I don't feel bad about it. I am a I am a force of nature when it comes to this stuff right here, and I am I feel like I'm hardcore and like it's funny. I think I'll make up when I was talking to Marlin about my younger existence. I think I'm making up for that right now, seriously. And I'm glad somebody finally taught me that. So they really do. And I was lucky that I grew up around people like when I grew up doing this. I look back at my time with Mark Patrick, and Mark Patrick is hardcore. But Mark Patrick was hardcore for a reason, and I appreciate that. Now. Maybe when you're in it at the time, you don't get it. But I think when you get further down the road, especially when you've really enjoyed what you've done, I think it becomes more magnified and you've become more appreciative of it. That makes sense. Kevin Bowen is back right now? Is Max? Okay?
Speaker 5: Apologies there? John, No man, No.
Speaker 1: Real life is great. I was just telling Caleb that I dig real life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little little chaos here, but yeah, I think to get back, I guess the call tou all thing. What I want to see is all forty four conferences agree to one non conference game, I think, and maybe we're going to need to expand the playoff to sixteen or twenty four before teams are willing to do that. But I think that is going to be something that is just needed. You know, when you when you look at where we're at right now from from from a from a non conference standpoint, I'll be right there, okay, and and that to me, I think it would be super beneficial from late August early September because frankly, when you look at those two weekends, those are weekends that college football world I think needs to be on center stage, and right now you just don't really have a lot of that.
Speaker 1: And is it okay for me to say I'm going to interject on this too, because I've been a hardcore on my stance I until somebody figures that out or makes a rule that that has to happen, I don't understand why why I'm not necessary. I'm not saying you at all, but I don't see why people are up said about what AU does because I you what they're doing is following a formula that clearly works and works with this environment and this landscape. And I think people are absolutely bat as crazy to believe that they should peel away from that until you have to, until somebody forces you to do it, You do what best benefits your situation and what has I don't know why. I do know why because I know the blue bloods are upset about all of this stuff. But in terms of IU and the success this has work for them, So why should they feel compelled because of criticism to move away from that. I am staunchly in their category or in their corner in this. You do what you do as long as it shows the results until somebody changes up the rules, which is inevitable. But for the time being, I love what they do well.
Speaker 5: I think I guess a counter to that would have been the playoff two years ago, you know, when when they go ten and two or I forget what their exact record was, but you know when they had the losses or no they were I guess they just had one loss right, and a lot of people question, yeah, because Ohio State beat them, you know, pretty handily there late in the season, and there was some of the question whether they should even get in. I think there were a ten seed if I remember correctly, I want to say Notre Dame was hosting as the seven. And a big reason why I think some of the committee members thought that Indiana should have been closer to the bubble was because of their schedule and because of the you know, I forget if those Louisville or Virginia that year, which one that they bought out from, So I think that would be the question is when you get to be not an undefeated team, which who knows, maybe they'll just continue to win every single game. But when all of a sudden you get to be on the bubble, is that going to be used against you? You know Ohio State, you know they have Texas right now in the non conference. If you were going to compare like resumes at the end of the year and it's Ohiose and Indiana with the same record, You're probably gonna side more with Ohio State willingness to play equality, not non non conference opponent. So that would be the question. When you go on to feed and you win the national title, you can do anything. You could schedule Eastern Green and people aren't going to care. But I think the question becomes if and when you're now being compared to a nine and three sec team, Now, what's that discussion going to be?
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, I think it's a massive blue broad pity party because of the IU situation, And maybe that's part of the reason why, because it rubs those folks the wrong way that I really enjoy it and nothing against you, you know how much I like you, But you can factor in Notre Dame in that process. Too. I don't give a crap, I guess, and I think it's funny that everybody gets all bent out of shape about it. Is that fair? Is that fair? From my standpoint?
Speaker 5: What frustrates men? Again, obviously I'm heavily biased here. I just want to see these quality games. Like to me, you imagine what a Notre Dame Indiana week would have been like for our station? You know, the Notre Dame USC back on the schedule. Can you imagine if the big time in the SEC agreed to a non conference home and home and now Alabama was coming to Bloomington, Indiana to play.
Speaker 1: About the end result? Though, like Signetti in company, they're working for the end result. They don't give a crap about what we're going to be entertained by. Do they know? I should? I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know full well what they're doing. But I'm just talking. What I would love to see from college football is can we all agree on all right? Instead of playing Howard Austin p and Ball State in the non conference, why don't you have two cupcakes in one quality? And again, if everyone is in agreement on the one quality, now it's more of a level playing field and now you have appointment television late August early September. That to me is something that again, college football can't agree on anything. Clearly. I'm not holding my breath to say this is going to happen, but that's what I would like to see from an entertainment standpoint in late August and early September.
Speaker 1: I guess it's kind of magnified for me Kevi a little bit here because I love to watch again all these high quality, high caliber, historic football programs collegiately have to try to all get bent out of shape because of the IU infiltration here. I love that, and I love the fact that i U is going to go about their business and do what they do, I guess, until somebody makes a rule and suggest they can't and they have to go about it a different way. I love that, and I love the fact that you have a lot of people complaining about it. So I live in this world, you know again, And I think Signetti's the type of guy that will adjust. Certainly, if the rules would predicate that you have to adjust, he will, But I think he would adjust if he felt he had to. But at this point, whatever formula they and he's using, clearly works, so there's zero way I would go about it any differently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, yeah, I mean to live in a little bit of reality. If this was Alabama or LSU, I think we all be bitching and moaning. But because it's a team in our own backyard, correct, and it's Kurt Signetti right now, then you know.
Speaker 1: We had to live with this phap. We were born and I know you've been a Notre Dame fan, so that's a little bit different. But look, we were born where you in football around here was basically a doormat if it wasn't Notre Dame. So this is all new and it's awesome. And the fact that whether you're an SEC team or a blue blood or whatever, they're all been out of shape about this, it's gratifying. I think it's gratifying to a level in which most people felt they would never see in the form of football around here. So it's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, obviously it's beyond foreign times, to say the least here. So yeah, we'll see if anything changes, because you know, the the SEC has the whatever, everybody's got to play one in their non conference, and it's something that i'd like to see the Big ten explore too as a as a conference. But until the Big until the playoff expands to your point, we're probably not gonna see it.
Speaker 1: Kevin Bowen The Fan Morning Show, He and Gabe Cupps Junior Weekday Morning seven until today, not three five and one o seven five the Fan. You know how much I love James. By the way, Hey, your conversation with Daniel Jones, did you like bendover and check out his achilles? You feel that thing up to make sure it was okay?
Speaker 5: That's say. I can't say I went, you know, underneath the table or felt a round on the old achilles there, But yeah, I thought he gave us maybe a little bit, you know, more than he does in a in a normal press conference setting. So I appreciated him joining us. And you know, honestly, just the fact that here we are six practices in John and he's taking every single starting rep. That to me is the biggest thing. And there's been a willingness to let him be mobile and let him scramble. And while I don't think he's one hundred one hundred percent, the fact that they're willing to do all that. In late July and early August. I think has got to be viewed as a very very positive step in his direction.
Speaker 1: Hey keV, seriously, I'm glad he's taken every rep too. But do they really want to give any starting reps and start any dialogue between Leonard and Richardson? Seriously? Would they rather not do that? So you're saying yeah, because all of a sudden, men more thought talking about, well, you see a literary god starters reps today? Hey, Richardson goes starters reps today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I guess it would be more from a medical standpoint, like if the medical team's like, hey, in this hour and a half practice, we don't want Daniel doing all fourteen periods. You know, you would kind have no choice.
Speaker 1: However, who would they use? Who do you think they would use if they did, if they gave somebody else the starters repped just for a moment of practice participation, who would it be?
Speaker 5: I think if they played a game tomorrow, Riley Leonard would be the backup.
Speaker 1: Is that because he's better or because.
Speaker 5: That is because he's less likely to burn the house down.
Speaker 1: Because he can feel the snap, right I guess?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Seriously, So I'm a snapping still problematic, by the way, do we know? And it's like every day it's weird.
Speaker 5: I mean every day, and even Leonard had one or two yesterday that all of a sudden it's like a broken play. And I mean some of it, I get is on the center. I mean Richardson has dropped several So yeah, I mean these preseason games. You know, I assume of the twelve quarters, Richardson Leonard will play a ton, but right now I would It's clear the first team offense has been able to move it a bit, but the second third team it's been a struggle, to say the least.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Richardson is going to go down in history as one of the most athletic guys not to be viewed as athletic in history of sport? You know what I mean? I mean the whole snap issue. But you look at him and you go, man, this dude is an absolute Adonis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the snap issue. I mean, to be fair to him a little bit, like, is it still I related?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, I don't. Who knows that? Well, I mean, that's problematic, right, I didn't even consider that, but yeah, I guess, Hey, I can't see the snap, so that's problematic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of funny. Somebody in the media room there to day was like, you know, will Richardson go down, it's one of the biggest busts in NFL history. It'll be interesting like like if and when those conversations happen. Yeah, if you look at it and I'm not one of these people, it's like, you know, quarterback record as gospel, but it is kind of wild that, like he could be viewed as one of the biggest bust in NFL history and yet he's eight and seven as a starting quarterback. Yeah, like you know, what was JaMarcus records or JaMarcus Russell's record, what was Ryan Leaf's record? I mean, you know, some of these quarterbacks just were horrible. And if you want to go step further, I mean the Colts fired that defensive coordinator that Richardson was starting with and Gus Bradley, so uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean all right now, Nelly Nelly did you name her after Nelly Olsen of Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 5: You say hi to Uncle John right there, Hi, Nelly, He's ready giving you a smile.
Speaker 1: I know she is all the chicken that's how all the chicks respond to Uncle John. Right there.
Speaker 5: She knows you've got a big hoop game tonight with Kristian.
Speaker 1: That is uh, that is Mattie Bowen all the time right there?
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, certainly certainly not her father here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome, well done. How's Nelly doing? Right there? Is Nellie?
Speaker 5: Uh, she's great, she's she's nine months tomorrow. She's healthy and happy and crawling all over the house. And yeah, welcome to zoom life with the bow and basement.
Speaker 1: So when you guys shoot videos with Max and he's got his clampers out there and grabbing helmets and stuff, and you guys do it on the sidewalk, how close? Because those cars are zooming by right in front of your house. How close are we on that sidewalk to the street.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at this, This is Uncle John putting on his coore factor hat here. Yeah, we live a we live on a streets. It's a little a little too busy maybe for my liking.
Speaker 1: So are we are we thinking about getting getting out of the place or we stay in there? Do you like it? I do?
Speaker 5: I mean from an interest rate, it's just you know, not to get too homeownery on you. But the interest rate's just too good to pass up.
Speaker 1: You guys want to come down and live with me.
Speaker 5: I would love to try and seriously pitch that idea to Maddie and just see if I could go ten or fifteen seconds before she's like her, are you a well?
Speaker 1: I got yeah, the basement has lived down there, and you.
Speaker 5: Got a crib for Nelly ready?
Speaker 1: Oh heck yeah, got everything, everything exactly, everything exactly down there. Caleb, Hey, Caleb has been to a pool party across the world. Before.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say Kevin, like, this is what's gonna happen to me. He keeps dragging me around everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be. There's no doubt there is gonna be living there.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can do a bet you know what's gonna happen. First, Caleb living there, John having a grandkid crawling around.
Speaker 1: Lord of Mercy blank t keep it in your drawers, buddy, Come on now, don't do that to me. So there's zero way I'm ready to ready for that. But now, seriously, hey fever. Stephanie White was the Coach of the Month in July. How much has been made about her being the most significant issue that has been absolutely wrong to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is kind of fitting. How well did they play this month and now you see all the awards coming in. Yeah, you know, to me, if anything in the gripe a little bit about the defensive personnel, you know, someone that I feel like has played pretty well for him and they've really needed has been Mobilliings correct mess. Yeah, She's not as frontline as maybe some of the others we talk about, but she's been big for him. And tomorrow night, I mean, I know a lot of eyes will be on Colts practice, but that's a big one, you know, because beating the upper echelon. Yeah, I think is now kind of the next question for them. And home court is really real. I mean, there's an opportunity here. When's the last time they've had a home court series, you know, So we'll see if they can get that here in the final whatever ten or fifteen games.
Speaker 1: You know, And the Pacers guarded a little bit to help themselves end up in the NBA Finals, that's what's going to be with the fever. They can score and score it will, but you're going to have to be able to guard a little bit. And they just can't guard a little bit right now. That's problematic for him.
Speaker 5: No, I would agree, and you know you saw that late in the Minnesota game. Just could not get enough stops there. So yeah, tomorrow night should be a good one.
Speaker 1: Do you know Nellie Olsen Little House in the Prairie? Did you get that reference? No, did not watch The Little House on the Prairie. You're too young for that. How old are you?
Speaker 5: Nelly for Tado.
Speaker 2: Month?
Speaker 1: You know what former NBA player Nellie Fortado dated and also used in a song of hers.
Speaker 5: Oh I should know this, Caleb.
Speaker 1: You know two time MVP of the NBA, Steve Nash. Yeah, because I think they're both Canadian. He was he and and she and with Nelly Fortado and she put him in that song.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I should have known that a little bit quicker than I did.
Speaker 1: Who was the most awkward professional basketball player that's ever been used in a song?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I'm sure you could get some? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you remember? Didn't? Didn't? What song is it where Jay Z says handles like Van Exel. Nick Van was in the song?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but Nick van Exell, I mean he could score there for he good?
Speaker 1: He was a He was a really good left I won't tell you left handed dudes mess up the world too in basketball.
Speaker 5: The Cincinnati guy, right, did you play for Huggins?
Speaker 1: He did, Nick Van Exel back in the day. So all right, what do you guys got going on tomorrow morning? Buddy?
Speaker 5: Just previewing that that night practice. Yeah, so we're done with our colts player coach related interviews there. I think we're trying to effort maybe the new Purdue A D. But I have a feeling that'll be having to be later because I think they're announcing it tomorrow or maybe he's doing a press conference tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to ask any questions about Dyke didn't taking dumps in the yard? All right? Is that okay with you? Seriously?
Speaker 5: You can't endorse that.
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean if I had to, I probably would because I'd rather do that in the yard in my pain. But at the same time, yeah, how do how did that come up? This morning?
Speaker 5: That's a long story. I was describing how it looks like when Daniel Jones is running right now, looks like you might be trying to hurry to the potty a little bit.
Speaker 1: Right it's better than his cubs arousal, though. Do you not just get worn out on that angle?
Speaker 5: Good lord, PCA. That's that's literally all all he tweets about right now, is w W E pc A.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, by the way, Mike Broun just walked by the window here. He told me he's going to give me some free gas. Do you want some?
Speaker 5: What's the latest on the old gas text?
Speaker 1: I say, hey, get your ass in here, I want some free gas, Braun. Yeah, what do you think exactly? I'm talking about Jasper all the time. I got free gas.
Speaker 5: Everybody's going if he wants me, dude to fill up. Yeah, there's gotta be some stations off of two thirty one.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I appreciate it. Take gif gape cups our best tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay that maybe laughs.
Speaker 1: See Buddy by Kevin Bowen and Nelly on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potlight meantime on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline. We'll double back to that in a second. State fair passes we have for you as well. From the Athletic The National college Football reporter Scott doctor Bean joins us. Now, Hey, Scott, good afternoon, to your pal, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great. How's it going today?
Speaker 1: All right? So we look at the top five right in the preseason rankings, they all believe have returning quarterbacks. Now number six has a new quarterback that are offending national champions. But how do you compare, and this just occurred to me. You have returning signal callers compared to having returning coordinators, which has been a staple for Kurt Signetti, having these coordinators with him over this incredible run. How do you compare or balance out the two in this case?
Speaker 4: I think in this case, if Indiana had a different name, if it was a blue blood name, it would get the benefit of the doubt that it did not get here and it should have. And I think what told me a lot about the way the coaches are voting is that they had the second most first place votes yet their sixth overall, which tells me that there's a ton of coaches that vote him voted them tenth, eleventh somewhere in the teams, and that's really unacceptable. If you want to continue to make this pull matter, you've got to vote the teams where they really are. In Indiana to me, is no less than a top three or four program right now, and based on everybody that they have coming back to outstanding coordinators, the best head coach in the country, and even though they don't have a returning quarterback, they have one who was very successful last year and Josh Hoover at TCU. And what we've seen out of Kurt Signetti in these two years is he's made good quarterbacks into either very good quarterbacks in the case of Kurt work or elite quarterbacks in the case of for Nando Mendoza. And I think Josh Hoover probably has a stronger pedigree coming into Indiana. Doesn't mean that he's going to be as good as for Nando Mendoza, who is one of the best we've seen in Big ten country in decades, but it does mean that they should receive more of the benefit of the doubt than they received. And I think it's kind of it's unacceptable again for a lot of coaches to rank them low, to force them to be number six overall, you know.
Speaker 1: And again, Scott doctr Mon of the Athletic College Football Reporters on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline with us. Right now, when you look at this particular team. Is it almost like it's EYEU against everybody right now. A year ago there were this incredible story, but now it's transitioned into, hey, look how they don't schedule. Hey look how much money they have considering the resources, and they bought themselves a national title. It seems like, well what they did a year ago, it is completely offended the blue bloods that are out there to really now hand off the most hated to the IU football program. Is there any fair in the way you judge i you, at least from those around them, as being maybe the most hated during the college football landscape going into the season.
Speaker 4: I think outside of Big ten country, that's totally fair. I mean, what we're seeing right now is pretty typical, which is the college football industrial complex tearing down teams that don't quite fit into the blue blood category. And it happens every year. We've seen it with teams like an IU who is able to accomplish great things. We've seen it in the past with Iowa with being the fake idea of college football, and several other teams that have kind of fit that description. And so you do see this tear down, it's like you're not cool enough, you're not old money, You're not good enough for this crowd. But I don't think that's the case of the Big Ten. I think there is immense respect in the Big Ten for what Indiana. Did you look at the programs that are competing in a sim level. I don't think Oregon feels that way. Ohio State understands what it has, and the other programs of the Big Ten are really more or less I wouldn't say in awe, but very much respectful. But I think you look at primarily from SCC country, they're threatened by what Indiana represents and how it's accomplished. And you look at this team and there are very few weaknesses. I think Indiana it can be the bull, the villain, you know, but you know what, I think Kurt Signetty would applaud being the villain as well.
Speaker 1: So how does it magnify even more defensively the return that we found out yesterday and he was in practice down in Bloomington today in preparation for the start of the season for a fifth year, that of the injured and the celebration after the Big Ten title game of defensive lineman Stephen Daily.
Speaker 4: I mean this is a massive return. I mean, you can't ask for a better player to come back and kind of get this fifth year than Stephen Day. I mean, he got hurt last year. I remember seeing it happen. I was in Indianapolis when it happened. And and to actually be able to win the national title without him, I thought, oh, man, that you know it was going to really hurt Indiana, but instead Indiana was able to win it without him. And yet now you have three returning starters up front on one of the tougher defensive lines in the country. You have you know, some really elite level linebackers coming back. A lot of the secondary, I mean there's I think Indiana could be just as good as it was last year because you know, even at the second level, I mean Aidan Fisher was an incredible leader and a tremendous tackler. But I think they may be a little more athletic now with Roe Hardy and Isaiah Jones. And in the secondary, D'Angelo Ponds did something that you know, it's hard to replicate. But they've still got some really good players. I think Jamari Sharp and and Amari Ferrell are as good as it gets and then bringing in guys like aj Harris from Penn State and Preston'sman from Wisconsin. They mean, these are really good Big Ten players. So I think that they are really they're right there, top three in the Big Ten to me, top three or four in the country, and they have every opportunity to go back to back this year. It's really going to be about could Josh Hoover make the plays in some of these critical games.
Speaker 1: So Scott Doctor Men of the Athletic Talks College Football and the Andy More Automotive Group Hotline. So we saw what Fernanda Mendoza did, Heisman Trophy winner, first overall selection going to the Raiders in the NFL draft. That is going to be a lot to live up to and hopefully from an AU angle, try to surpass. And you're number one for Josh Hoover. How do you view him going into this season? Some of the similarities if there are any, and really a multitude of differences between these two high level quarterbacks in Bloomington.
Speaker 4: I think you've got a guy who's very experienced, you know, has thrown the ball a lot at TCU. He's made quite a few mistakes, I would say, more so than what certainly that Indiana would want or that it will probably be coached out of him. The turnovers, but very I think he's got the potential to be more efficient, maybe if I shouldn't say more efficient, but efficient, maybe a little bit better runner at times. And he does have a pretty good assortment of wide receivers to choose from.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, Elijah Surat and and o Mark Cooper were tremendous and it's really it's hard to replace them even with good players. Charlie Becker though, had such a phenomenal postseason a late season, and you throw on Nick marsh who kind of underachieved at Michigan State but wasn't necessarily his fault. And I think he gets coached right in Indiana that it can really help Josh Hoover go from being a very good quarterback to now an elite level quarterback on par with the top three or four in the Big Ten and maybe you know, at or near the top. So I think it's it's hard to say he's going to equal what Fernando Mendoza did because he was so critical in those big moments last year, whether it was Penn State on the road, Iowa on the road. You know Layton in Miami. I mean his run for the touchdown where he got hit at the five and lunged, and I mean that goes down in Big Ten lore is one of the greatest touchdowns in Big Ten history. So I don't know that Josh Hoover can do that. I also don't think it's fair to expect him to do that. I think what you expect from him is efficiency, make the makeable plays, make some important plays when he can, and don't lose the game for you. And I think he's more than capable of meeting those challenges head.
Speaker 1: On Scott doctor Ben of the Athletic Talks College Football. He is kind of enough to join us on the Andy morrow Ato Moni Group potlines. We mentioned IU and rank six in the preseason Coaches Pull in the top twenty five, and the first five Ohio State, Oregon, Georgia, Texas and Notre Dame all have returning quarterbacks. So do you think ultimately is the best quarterback of those five teams I just mentioned in the Coaches Bowl.
Speaker 4: It's it's interesting to see what the upside is on arch Manning. I mean, we are all kind of expecting him to if he could be like Peyton or Eli, then he probably would be number one. I did my preseason Big Ten poll, and I did I put Julian Say in there because he was off the charts when it came to accuracy, and when you have those receivers, he's going to look like the best in the country. So I think I would probably put him at the top. As of now, Dante Moore has incredible talent. Would have been the number two pick. And I know there were a few people saying that he should have been number one over Mindo's. I don't buy that, but I think, you know, Dante Moore is is very is very good, and now I think CJ. Carr as the potential to be, you know, to take that next step and maybe put Notre Dame as a as a finalist. Again, I think they're in that category. But and then you know, of course Georgia, you know, Gunner stocked, and I think they're he's kind of a safer guy, but I would probably go. I'd probably go saying, as of right.
Speaker 1: Now, you look at the Big ten and you kind of you know Ohio State, Iowa, I should say Ohio State and and Iu. But what about teams with a new coach, like like Michigan White, Penn State. And then I want you to factor in a team like Washington, which a lot of people believe could be an ultimate dark horse that and you know an old standby is Kirk Ferrence and what he has done in Iowa City. It's a team that's often forgotten, but I know Kurt Signetti said that. You know they played them as tough as anybody a year ago. If you remember on the road, a chance to win an eye, you pulled that one out of the fire. You look at the big ten, especially with those two teams in mind, within the top twenty five.
Speaker 4: I think they're in the and this is where the top twenty five got it right, even though I think IU was the most underrated team at number six. I think that there is a top three, and then there's a next tier of about five teams that could be playoff caliber teams. And I think Ohio State and Oregon and Indiana not only will be playoff teams but at minimum hosting playoff games, and two of them might end up with buys. I think they're that good. Out of the next group, there's just everybody's got a question mark. I started Michigan where I think they have the potential to maybe be a team that could struggle. They have an incredibly difficult schedule that they open up with Oklahoma at home, that's a second game, and then their first Big Ten game is against Iowa. Later on in the season they play Indiana, Oregon and Ohio State, and you look at those types of games and if they go they could start two and two and lose to two pretty good teams in Oklahoma and Iowa, and their season is going to feel like it's lost. And Bryce Underwood has all the talent in the world, but you got to realize that at some point and a new coach, and Kyle Whittingham, I thought he was a little tone deaf and trying to understand what the Michigan had. State rivalry is all about. You can say all you want that there shouldn't be hate in sports, but there is hate in that rivalry, so I think you kind of have to look that way. Penn State is the team that I think I would put in that fourth spot because they really weren't that bad last year. There were seven and six fired their coach mid season, But if you look five of their losses brought were by one score. As we know, IU went right down to the wire there. They lost by a point. At Iowa they had some bad losses to Northwestern and UCLA that were by a couple of points. And so I think when you bring in Matt Campbell, who is an outstanding coach who really broke the ceiling at Iowa State and brought twenty four players, and a lot of them are really good players, I think, and they're coupled with their schedule, I think the nitty Lyons have the chance to be in the playoff discussion, win double digit games and then out of the rest. Washington I'm curious about, you know, the demand Williams flirtation with LSU before he got scolded and sent back to the corner, and you know how much does that play out for them? USC has a really good offense, you know, but it's it's an important time for Lincoln Riley, you know, if he doesn't get over the top, if they don't win nine or ten games and get to the playoff, I mean, is it kind of exhausted his time there? And Iowa is an intriguing team because they are very physical. They have two big question marks to me, which is quarterback. They've got a competition there that'll go all the way to the beginning of the season, and their defensive line needs to be replaced. But other than that, I think the Hawkeys will be again a really tough out at a minimum, and they only have six guys with the max out there eligibility this year, so they've got a two or three year push there for Kirk Farrence who seemingly it's younger as he gets older, and you know, so you know, I think out of that group, I like Penn State probably the most to push for the postseason, but I are the playoff but I think the rest have some key players that can really put them in that position.
Speaker 1: Scott is Lane Kiffin is going to supply more in the category of normalcy in soap opera or winning this season.
Speaker 4: Well, you want to talk about overrated, you know, starting the year thirteenth when he went seven and six last year and you have all these new players and a lot of players left. That's that's a testament to the storyline as it is more than the actuality. I mean, they have incredible talent, as they always do with LSU, and I think he'll win, but I don't know about right away. I mean that Week three game. I don't know that we've seen many games that will have that kind of a grudge match, you know, in a long long time with you know, with Lane going back to Old Miss, and there's gonna be a lot of you know, just like there was with him at Old Miss, but now even doubly so I think there's gonna be a lot of teams gunning for him. And I don't know if this year would be the year that they kind of break through, but you know, strange things happen in that part of the country. So I makes just to see if Sam Levitt can can be the cred of quarterback that he wants and can win against Old Miss in Texas A and m early, because if they can, then they might start the year eight to zero before they get into a really tough part of their schedule.
Speaker 1: If if you have the opportunity to change anything about college football right now, and obviously around here, most IU fans would not want to change anything about it, considering the results that they have received in the past two years. But how would you approach it moving forward? What is best? Whether it comes down to the College Football Playoff, or do they need additional teams or the whole scheduling criticism that's out there as well, the conferences, all of this, what would you do to, in your belief, improve college football moving forward?
Speaker 4: I think if you start with I'm going to set aside everything with the bill through Congress and all the issues associated with NIL and everything is that, first of all, thet'll bore everybody listening to this, and second of all, it is just so comprehensive in detailed it would be really hard to really go into depth on that. But I'll say for the sport itself, I'm one of maybe the very few guys in media who is absolutely a proponent of the twenty fourteen playoff. And the reason why is that as these conferences have grown and there's eighteen teams in the Big Ten, there's sixteen and at least sixteen and the other three major conferences, that schedules can really determine how teams perform and what their record is and whether or not they can get to the postseason. I mean, I you caught a lot of flak a couple of years ago because of a somewhat easier Big Ten schedule really wasn't their fault. I mean, they played both championship finalists from the year before, but neither of them really were good. But when you play the these such strange schedules, and you have Ohio State, whose teams were fifty one and thirty last year and in Big Ten play just an incredible schedule versus Indiana versus say, Penn State, which is thirty three and forty eight in the Big Ten. So you know there's such discrepancy. They could have the same record but be vastly different. So I like the thought of a twenty four team playoff because it provides those teams that maybe either lose a couple of games or just have an incredibly difficult schedule a chance to compete and I think and win in the postseason. I look at Iowa being one of those. I mean, last year went right to the wire with Indiana, right to the wire with Oregon and USC and Iowa State I've lost four games by fifteen points. If they were going to get in the tournament, they would have been a really tough out. And when you start to look at kind of how the field shook out last year with three weeks left, in the regular season, there were thirty five Power Conference teams with three losses or less, and essentially you took the top basically ten or nine out of the first twelve for the Power conferences and put them in the playoff because they really didn't fall and everybody else is just playing for a bowl game. Well, we're all now looking in a different way and so and then likewise, you get to the final weekend, there have been ten different games that not only would have been able to determine the field, but who was in the field if they would have gone in a twenty fourteen playoff last year. So you've had excitement, you add suspense, you add games that maybe would be in like Big ten country determining, Okay, who's going to go to Tampa and who's going to go to Charlotte Instead, now you're going, oh, these two seven and three teams are playing for the chance to go to the playoff, and people are going to go and watch and be more excited for it, and those programs have something to play for. So that's why I'm more of a proponent of it. I understand the past, I love it, I love hit the history of college football, but we've changed. I mean, it's not a bowl based system anymore, playoff based system. And I think having it in tears, eight teams get buys, eight teams get home games, eight teams get road games to start it off, I think that's a fair way to decide.
Speaker 1: It all, right, final things, Scott, Brian Haynes, Mike Shanahan. That's defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, and I you are they the two best coordinators on a team in college football? And then how much longer would you maintain they could stay in Bloomington before they end up getting sided for a head coaching jobs somewhere around college football.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. I think right now you have to say they're the best combination. You know, you could make different arguments over who's the best coordinator and whether or not Briant Haynes is better than say Phil Parker or somebody else Jim Knowles in the game. Then that those are fair discussions. But I think collectively they are the best. They proved it. I think the one thing everybody says about I you they gloss over the This was one of the most fundamentally sound teams on both sides of the line of scrimmage that we've ever seen. And that's one of the things you don't really see with coaches coming in like the way Sig did you see it more like what Kevin Wilson did, which was really developed the offense, but the defense wasn't there. He was able to do both parts because they were so fundamentally and developmentally sound. So as far as how long can they be there, you know, somebody is going to come in with a big offer, and it might be this year, maybe it's a year down the road, and it's going to be up to them to decide whether that's the type of you know, team that they want to you know, jump onto. Some people just want to be head coaches. Other people want to be head coaches with a chance to win because and most of the time when coaches leave it's because they weren't successful enough and so or should I say, you know, hiring new coach. So I think it's going to be up to them as to hey, can if I go to this job at this school, can I build it quickly through an il and all those funds? But I think they can be patient because now he has proven to be outstanding and uh, you know, and they're willing to pay, which I think was really important for them, both their coaching staff and through in il and why they're going to be successful not only last year this year, but also beyond that.
Speaker 1: Is Scott Doctrman of the Athletic National College Football Reporter, on the Andy Moore Automotive Group plotline. Scott, that was fantastic and we're going to utilize you, if you don't mind, as a valued resource over the course of this college football season. Man, that's good stuff. Thank you, thank you for having me ape. We don't mind, Are you okay with being the valued resource that we're looking for here?
Speaker 4: I can help you out you bet.
Speaker 1: I'll appreciate you. Ab out. Thank you, Scott, Appreciate you, Scott Doctorman. That's a shout out right there to Caleb who found Scott. That is well done.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Scott because I was awful with getting him on the zoom and he was very gracious.
Speaker 1: Well and Scott was good, right, he was great. Hey. By the way, So Mike Brown has done whatever he has done, the governor of Indiana to make sure that gas price is maintained and they don't elevate even more. I should mention, and he said, hey, you and I have to go out and drink sometime. I said, hey, you had me a drink. See, I don't give a crap about politics, you know me. I'll have cocktails and beers, Caleb with anybody. Anybody don't care about politics, but I do want free gas at some point. Actually he walked by, he was on with Hammer and Nigel, and we are right here where everybody enters after they walk right by the window. So that's why I brought all that up. But yeah, cocktails and beers, and he brought up the Snitzelbank. Obviously he's from Dubois County two, so I'm also from southern Indiana. He brought up the Snitzelbank and shout out to Allen and the NINTA Bank. You know, I love that. But I don't know if people in and around Jasper, if you're from Jasper, have you ever been to Snaps. Snaps is just a little bit north of the Snitzer Bank. Great place to go. You can get beer st dines on the wall, your own beer styne on the wall of Snaps. Plus they have this they have Ahi tuna on the menu. Buddy, what about you and ahi tuna.
Speaker 6: I can't say I'm too well versed in there.
Speaker 1: But one of these days you will.
Speaker 4: I would love to try.
Speaker 1: If you hang with me long enough, you will let me tell you love it. Ah He tuna, buddy, ah he tuna. Okay, Yeah, and Scott was really good now. I could not tell if he was enthusiastic about being our go to guy or one of our go to guys or less than enthusiastic.
Speaker 6: Is better than he has been this week with some of those questions you've thrown at people like we talked about yesterday, Ben Solac not not going to go out and drink with you.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at Solac right now. Yeah, he's there's somebody that looks like that. He would say, Yeah, I don't know about going out and drinking week nice here he does. He looks like my son. He does get those.
Speaker 5: Jokes a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure you don't look like the same age