Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five was loaded with ups and downs in both film and television. On January eleventh, at two pm, the FPS cast will reveal their top ten films and TV shows of the year.
Speaker 2: Live on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Patreons within the Director's Cut tier will also have the opportunity to provide their top fives to be played live on the show. Be sure to come and check us out and share your commentary asks the Cruel Questions and if you are a Patreon, take part in the show again. That's January eleventh at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel, YouTube dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward Slash FPS podcast.
Speaker 3: The Frames per Second Podcast. It's just us today, people watching Skeleton more than Skeleton Crew.
Speaker 2: This is the turn shift.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah it is. But yeah, man, we here to talk about the new Avatar movie that just dropped, Fire and Ash, which is the third movie. And in this in the collection from James Cameron, What up we them boys? God King? What up? Appreciate everybody joining us. I know you gots. Some of you guys maybe just not be getting out of church all right, so talking about Fire and.
Speaker 2: Ash this is the wrong conversation for them.
Speaker 3: Right, But but yeah, man, glad. Everybody's here, man. So you know, it's the holiday season, so we had some folks, we had some scheduling conflicts. So you know, Uh, Spike is out. You see her. You see who's here.
Speaker 4: So everybody out, but can right.
Speaker 3: Right? All right? So anyway, here we go. We're gonna get into this movie. It just dropped fire and ash.
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 3: Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of the Frames per Second Podcast, live live version of James Cameron hit series. Uh, this is Avatar. This is the third movie, which I think. I don't know why. I thought I saw he was doing five of these.
Speaker 2: I thought it was four. I thought it was four, but I think it is five.
Speaker 4: That's his plan, that is his plan.
Speaker 3: I think he'll get it. I think he'll he'll he'll he'll get to five four four if that's the plan. But well we'll see if it's worth him doing a fourth one after we finished the discussing this one. So so we appreciate you guys. My name is Kennethy and joined him on the show is Nick and Jalen? What up?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: What's happening y'all? Man? What's good? That's good? That's good. I'm very excited to talk about this film.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I don't know why. Well, for those of you that are not familiar with Avatar, which I don't know how that's possible because the first one dropped in two thousand and nine, I think you know. It's a twenty twenty five American epic science fiction film directed by James Cameron, Rick Haffa and Amanda silver corotha screenplay. And you have who's starring in it. I think one of the guys we just talked about Nick in SISU. But you have Sam Worthington as Jake Sully, Zoe Zodana as Natieri, Sigourney Weaver makes an appearance, Stephen Lane is Cartage and he's back, and some other folks. So, man, yeah, let's let's get into it. Man. Nick thoughts of the movie then you started with me.
Speaker 2: I saw this Thursday night, because yeah, we recorded Thursday, so I went to go see it later on that night. Because I'll say this first and foremost, I did not see this in three D. I didn't care to see it in three D. To me, after the first one, you can't recapture that. So I watched the second one in three D, and then I was just like, all right, yeah, the next whatever, however he finishes this, I'm just fine with the scene in the regular Adobe version and whatnot. Overall thoughts, this is p probably going to be If someone was to say that, like, this is like the best action adventure sci fi movie of the year, I couldn't necessarily disagree with that. But overall for me, this was not good. Like, visually it's a ten out of ten. Story wise, it's like four out of ten, so entertainment value is there, but this is the one off for me, I would never return to this movie. This is I can't even say it's super high it's I guess it's high end cheeks. I don't know how to describe it can but it's just like, if you just focus, if you're someone who cares about story, this is a terrible movie. If it's someone who cares about visuals, this is a great movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh yeah, I didn't see it in three D either, but uh but yeah, and I think I watched the second one in three D. But what about your Jalen, what'd you think about it?
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's why I I think one thing that the movie really suffers from is.
Speaker 4: It hits the same beats.
Speaker 1: Isn't two, Like it's not really any true things that they built upon from two, which I think two is the best one out of all three of them. There was a couple of things in here that if they would have did what I expected them to do, it probably would have probably would have been so much better.
Speaker 4: I saw it in three D. It looked amazing.
Speaker 1: It it it it, I mean, it always looks amazing, like you really think this is really It honestly makes me disappointed now when I be thinking about Damn Marvel, It'll be like, bro, like this the kind of cgi that is out there, and y'all be giving us that fucking slut like, yeah, but this is a this was this it's a good it's a great experience. It's a long gas experience. That's that's the issue, and that you're in the theater forever.
Speaker 4: But it's it's just super alright, man, It's just it's super. I I take you, I take you your rating, Nick, and I put supid on it.
Speaker 2: I don't even I could give it that Ken, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: You said, Uh, James Cameron did his thing. Man. I think that. Uh, And I think that's the visuals of it. Like when you watch, especially when you get to the fight, you know you're watching this thing, You're like, damn bro, Like he he really has this world down in terms of like the creatures, how they fought eight et cetera, et cetera. Yeah, I think I think he's nailed at So I think he's really good at that. I think the biggest issue and why it's struggling at the box office comparatively to their expectations and what it has done historically is the runtime. You know, you got a three hour and seventeen minute movie and you constrict the viewing times to most of the viewings to three D, and you can't. I saw it in DOBE. I may go back and watch it in three D, but I don't know if I'll stay for the whole movie. Maybe I'll just buy my tickets since I got the MC premiere thing, and just go for the final act, the last hour, so I could watch the fight in three D. But yeah, I think it suffers from how long the movie is. Like you, Nick, I watched this movie late eleven thirty. I get there. We were talking about this a little bit on is the Maistillona didn't go into full details, but they were fifteen minutes late showing the movie because the sound wasn't on at the theater I went to, and then they had to restart everything, so I didn't get home until three, and so I was like, man, and I couldn't find any good times a lot. I do not want to go see this movie. The runtime was the issue, and when you're watching it first hour, second hour, you're seeing a lot of shit that didn't need to be in this three hours.
Speaker 2: Bruh man, this this is this is the ultimate director's cut. This is this is why this is this movie proves by studio execs still matter, because then if somebody, if James Cameron sent this to me as the final I'm like, nigga, cut this down by an hour, like make this two hours, Like this really is only a two hour movie. That's bloviated because I think this is the longest running movie of the whole series so far. I think even two was a little bit less than less than this.
Speaker 1: And then honest, this ship is an hour because a lot of shit that happened in this movie happening.
Speaker 2: Number two well, I'm just well, I'm saying because there there are certain good elements to the story, it's just that they're they're trying to compact like six to seven different things that you want to are supposed to care about, when really it's only two. Like I only came into like watching this first movie. I really love the family dynamic of what's his name is, Sully whatever his name is same more than his character dealing with the death of his son blaming that on his other son, his wife basically saying like I don't even know who my family is anymore based off all the cloning and and then adopting like she didn't ask for this blended family kid. She just she the baby mama who doesn't like the kid that you had, the side baby that you had with the with the chet Hanks white boy running around in this movie. So to me, it was a lot of shit that I really didn't need. But I can I could justify to our movie just because of the epic, like the adventure the world. I think people really like returning to this world. It's just that where we focus on it's just like, bro, we got all this other shit. We could probably talk about our deal with why do we keep returning to these same the same plot line? Like someone mentioned, I think I was listen to another podcast so much. It's kind of like Dragon Ball Z where it's like we're seeing Goku and Vega fight once again. It's like, all right, like how many times is he gonna have to fight cuz like or have or or I think they even had the same people for the most part from the first film. The same villains come back again. It's just like like I don't care, Like we already did this in in O nine, Like why do we need to redo it again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's a continuation from the second film with now the sky people. I don't know if they're the sky people, but yeah, the ash people, that's what.
Speaker 1: The that's whats.
Speaker 2: Hey and ask niggas to kid because they do is still they don't ship and they all smoke two kids.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah. So yeah, I think definitely, Like you know, when it opened up, they spent so much time, like you know, recapping within the movie because it's been a minute, I believe, since the second one. So we open with like just uh, the kid flying with his brother who's dead, and then you know, just introducing us again to the fish people, the one that swim and you know Spider. So I did see James Cameron try the right Spider out of the movie. Said it just wouldn't work, but it's it's built really around him.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 1: He said he wanted to write him out and it wouldn't work, sought, so.
Speaker 2: Instead he gave him a long, egated plot line that really didn't matter. Spider is the most useful. He pissed me off so much, kid for multiple because the actor's bad. But you can't replace him with nobody good because either that's gonna it's gonna be a fucked up racial kind of thing within that. And two he serves he's useless. He's utterly useless outside of being Sigourney Weaver signed nigga potentially, you know what I'm saying. And it's just like anytime he was on screen, can I hated it. I was throwing popcorn at the screen. He was trash, and we spent very.
Speaker 3: Much time silly as hell, like you know, especially Yeah, it was just really silly. But but yeah, I think you're you're right, nigga. Like in the beginning, first thirty minutes or so, it felt like, you know, Jake Sulley is dealing with death and grief and uh Naterierry you know hates white people. Now you know which is the sky people.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love her. I love when she was going off kid. She was like, she was like, hey, if this little boy is between me and my family, I kill this nigga down grabbed the knife. Jake was like, hold on baby, baby girl. Hey, I was with it.
Speaker 4: I wanted to see it too. Allowed every time this niggas about to get you to get got, I was like, do it, nigga.
Speaker 2: Remember when his uh sleep pack machine fucked up and she was just looking up top. Everybody was like, everybody was trying to find his backup. She over there looking like, let that nigga die.
Speaker 3: He looked at him and walked off, like I thought she hear it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I thought she hit it to him. Bro. I was like, she ain't fucking around this movie. She upset.
Speaker 3: Hey. But Jake got the message though. He was like, all right, look, we're gonna send this ass out of here.
Speaker 2: It was it was he.
Speaker 4: An't get it too well because his gonna go on the trip with him, Like, nah.
Speaker 3: You're trying to help his family. I mean, you're talking about Avatar has some weird racial dynamics because he's got white guy being put into a blue suit, uh and multiple white guys and.
Speaker 2: Then just really get out can talking about now? But I know what I did. Like again, I really wish it would just focus. Granted, this movie is about family, but I wish there was just certain conversations we stuck with throughout the movie when and maybe we kind of did, but it just felt like they went flat after a while because there were other storylines that they were trying to get to that even a fun about. But like when he when when Jake was talking to his wife, Zoe's out on the character is saying like listen. She was like, I don't like humans. I don't like I don't like these pink motherfucker's kids, just like they don't like their pink feet. I don't like the pink hands she was going in And he was like, baby girl, I was a human, like nigga, you remember how we met And he was like so, he was like, do you kids? He said, do you hate have kids? And she was like I do and I was I'm over in the theater shock. I was like they about to get divorced.
Speaker 1: But see Nick, see those are the parts, and I'm like, bro, y'all had some good like ship, y'all could really be going.
Speaker 4: They had me the first half of the movie.
Speaker 2: They had me the first third. Nigga ain't the first half because they went left quick?
Speaker 4: Are you right?
Speaker 1: You know where it kind of took me? Well, I guess were gonna talk about it. I tell y'all where like it took me out in the film. We are, we're gonna be doing it bit by better. We're gonna do it the Spike, the Spike New version. How we reviewed it.
Speaker 3: This is a long movie, so I think like the hot points and the overview up because it's really like two or three main things that happened. You know, a lot of it's a lot of filler, Like you know, this first part was a recap, which Rob said he needed because he ain't watched the second movie in a minute, which I get, but I ain't need all that. But yeah, they get in the ship and then they're they're in these hot air balloons and flying off and hit them the Ashley folks, they call them the Magwan people. Here they come just attacking everything, and this stupid ass kid don't listen to ship because he don't have his coms on. He don't have ship, but he wanted to walk around carrying a gun. So they all get fucked up.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing the going back a little bit. The reason why they are going on this little family vacation is because after the white boy Chuck Hanks had his machine fuck up. There was like, bro, he's a liability with us, Like we can't keep dragging him along and he barely can keep up. He can't even breathe out here. We need to drop. The wife of Jake Southy was like, we didn't leave him with his people, send him back. So he was Jake was like, all right, bet we're gonna send him back. The kids was upset. There was like I already lost one brother. I don't want to lose another one. And I'm like if I was like like Jake said, he was like, nigga, ain't no way. He said, this ain't a democracy, this is my family. Nigga, y'all gonna get it live. He's like all right, but since his daughter was crying, he was like, all right, let's let's all go together as a family to drop them off. So as they're going on there, like you said, kid, that's when the ASKU become. But they was warned about the ask you like, anytime we go through this territory, they always raid us and they always steal from us because they can't grow their own ship because they live on a volcano.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm yeah, yeah, what you know was a good introduction of the character were they were pretty good at what they do. And you see uh materiory find out the Queen Queen Ashley uh lost.
Speaker 2: Which is my thing is like, bro, we we've seen Jake Sully versus Stephen Lane's character three times now we ain't get Zoey's out Donald versus Ashy Ashy Larry, Like, come on, bro, Like that was to me, it was like we didn't We should have got a final battle between them. They fucked around, they played around with a little bit, but we didn't get like a legit final.
Speaker 1: Yeah we shouldstead of the two we always get exactly we always did every fucking movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean James Cameron did say that these were filmed at the same time technically he want, which I don't understand. It wouldn't make sense to me he wanted this to be one long movie. James, I don't know, And it makes sense.
Speaker 2: It makes sense because j remember what I will tell you about how what I hate about Pixar movies is that when you do a sequel, they pick up right in the next day, even though there's been like probably five to ten years in between that since we've grown with the movie. And to me, it's just like you go from way of Water to fire and ash, and it does feel like it's only been like literally like maybe a month or two. I think they may have said it in the movie, but it's not that much time, especially when you're talking about these blue people where they age differently as well. So I can see how this felt like a replay of the second movie. But that's because they didn't really give us enough space to kind of sit with these characters after they've dealt with their shit from the last movie. It was like we just pick up were left off, and the kind of fel like I'm watching the same movie over again instead of progressing with the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, but I mean, even with that being said, they're still beats where they could have progressed the story.
Speaker 4: But it felt like they they stopped, they stopped.
Speaker 1: Giving us more elements of the story just because they want us to hang around for the next movie, as compared to, let's just progress these these characters.
Speaker 4: Let's just stop with that.
Speaker 1: Like there's multiple times in the film where I was like, that's a great point, where how are they going to get past that? How are they gonna deal with those different things? And they just stopped talking about it and trying to move on to the next thing in order because to get intracted, you know what I'm saying. And it's like they're introducing new characters and they're trying to give you new people to care about, which is what Kid is talking about with the fire fire and ass people. And it went too many new characters though, Nick, But I'm saying, like produce a whole new tribe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly one character that we cared about from that one drive, Like there's.
Speaker 1: Only one character. One character, and they didn't even give us a lot about that character. Gave us enough to care when it gave us a backstory.
Speaker 4: But it seems a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like he's using each movie to build out this world world and each time each movie we get introduced to another sector. So it was it was the water people. Now it's the volcano folks, the Navi tribe, and what is four going to be? Who are gonna meet next?
Speaker 2: You know, if I'm around the this is like Captain Planet Can. We got hearth fired air water, We're about to get heart at number five. I just don't know how you could tell this story. Granted, this is gonna make a billion dollars, probably over a billion dollars, just off the fact that it's again one of the most entertaining movies to watch visually that I probably that I've seen all year, regardless if you've seen them three D or not. I didn't see them three D, and I still was amazed visually by how it looked. Let's go make a billion dollars off of that. So I think he is going to get five two more movies, which is nuts, but that's probably gonna be another six to seven hours worth of content. And if you're trying to watch this movie from the one to the end, that's like a this maybe a fifteen hour was shown, Like that's nuts to say that you have to watch fifteen hours of content to get this full story. When you can when anybody in Ay Mama knows this is just a elongated Pocahontas on an alien planet, Like this ain't really that deep and the world building is more interesting than the stories. That's what I'm trying to say. It's like, these characters ain't that inchest, Like I don't give at this point in time. By time we get to the four film, I could give a fuck about the Scully fan Like when that little boy was about to take his head off, when he was like contemplating suicide because he was still in the guilt of his brother. That was like, let's if you want to keep me involved in this world, you're gonna have to take some motherfuckers off the board or you got to do something. You're gonna have to do something that's going to be like I felt but.
Speaker 1: Even but that's that's what had me engaged for this one. I felt like Nick watching this movie. I was like, Yeah, take motherfuckers off the board. We need somebody else off, like y'all gave me.
Speaker 4: It's a part of.
Speaker 1: It was y'all gave me the son and the second one just to take him off the board, like he was a plot device for future for the future for everything to move forward, So let's make this a thing when we actually are taking niggas off the board, and I thought, I thought Spider was coming off the ball. It would have meant something. It would have meant something to take him off the board. That's that's that's that's when they lost me in the movie. I was like, no, like that moment where she was furious and wanted to she didn't care about him, And then Jake came around and was like bruh, I like, this is the only way, like the theme of the movie about grief and fire and anger and all that, like that would have made this movie like move even further. And I just felt like if they would have did it, and however the chips fall from there, I would have been into it. I would have I would have just probably been into it. But not doing that took a lot of win out of the movie.
Speaker 2: And I know we have to get to the specific stuff about Spider. But that scene, that that biblical scene that Jake had with Spider where it was like was it Abraham and his son whatever the fuck it is, where he was about to slit his throat, I'm thinking, like, bro, if so if he actually, if they actually went with that, went through with that, that would show that Jake is no longer human, you know what I'm saying, Like he's literally killing his human side because every because his logic was what's going on with Spider? If they find out about that, and if they really what they already found out about it, but they really capitalize on it, it's gonna destroy this whole planet. And I got to kill the root, you know, And even though he's an innocent kid, he ain't worth this. He ain't worth the planet, you know what I'm saying. And that to me was like, bro, I won't. I would, And of course, because they elongated the fuck out of that scene, we knew he wasn't gonna do it. But I'm thinking, if he did that, that makes this movie so much more interesting and so much more compelling for or the fourth Hie, because I'm like, all right, what how does he move forward now that he is not a human normal?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, he was essentially used as as as a pawn to make the story work for this one. And I forgot where I read the article about Spider because I was really wondering about him because he was just kind of there. He's just kind of like the vice of the mcguffin that kind of moves along, you know, to a certain degree, but especially when you know they crash landed and you know the ash people running around, you know, killing everybody like ruthlessly, and he couldn't even get his mask. He runs around and I knew it wasn't gonna work because the sun ain't worth the damn. The kid actor is god awful. They gave her a few speaking lines. All they had her do is his and then uh, and then you got uh, this this this girl that has powers that her mom, the Oshawa whatever is. She don't even want to talk to her. She kept trying to talk to her. He said, you come back here, we're gonna I'm gonna kill you ass and you know so. But somehow, some way she managed to give Spider the power to breathe without the fucking mask. Bro. That's where he should have died. He died there. Hey you might got something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my thing.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys are saying they pretty been more impactful if they killed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'll be more impactful from that standpoint, especially after following that scene, because then it's like, Okay, so he's not a liability as much as he was, but he's he's not well, he's not a liability as much as he was when it comes to traveling with y'all, But now he's a moral liability for the planet because of who he is now, because of what he transformed in He even got his little baby dread. I hated this kid. It was then he grew out of nowhere to where was all the way on his back and he can connect to ship. Ah, I hate I hated him.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they gave him that ship, Like nah, he don't need to be he don't need to be there.
Speaker 2: Let them know.
Speaker 1: Just give him the ability to breathe if that, because even taking that away was a lot for me, Like y'all didn't have to take it away.
Speaker 4: But I'm fine with.
Speaker 1: You're doing it, okay whatever, But now he can interact with the ecosystem and all that. Like, nah, nigga, you're still outside the nigga, don't be doing all it. It's like it's like bringing the white boy around, Like yeah, you can rap nigga, but you bet not say nigga.
Speaker 4: It's like nah, like that's our ship.
Speaker 2: That's our ship.
Speaker 4: That's how they should have left it.
Speaker 3: And he was damn sure dressing with him. He was painting blue ship on him and everything. He had blue tattoos and all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of shit, all that ship to.
Speaker 3: Blue face or whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To call it.
Speaker 3: He was he was.
Speaker 2: Trying to be He was like assimilating, like crazy knowing, and he knows he's human too, dude, Like he knows that he doesn't belong there, but he keeps on saying like this the only family. This this feels like Mallible's most wanted, but just trying to take it too seriously or it's like, Nigga, you not know? And my thing is also the whole Sigourney weavership. Bro, It's the weirdest thing in the world. Bro. Why do we have this sixty plus year old white woman playing a fifteen year old alien or whatever the fuck she is and then have her be a romantic interest to the outside of white boy, and on top of that, she's supposed to be Jesus. It's just like it's like, what are we trying to like what are we trying to say here? Like like I don't.
Speaker 1: But see that's the threat and That's one of the threads was like, you didn't give me I want to know more, but you also didn't give me enough to like feel truly invested in it. It's like it's more of a curiosity than an investment of wanting to know. Like so like if the movies ended here, I wouldn't feel obligated to like.
Speaker 4: Go up in arms, like damn man, they ended it on the third one.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, well it wasn't It wasn't a terrible And then there's the questions I got, but I can live without those questions answered. And you didn't give me enough to be truly invested in that plot line, and you took time to basically focus on it, and it kind of took away from the movie.
Speaker 4: Like there's certain things that you could have gave us more on than that.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't understand quartage relationship with Jake Sully. It's almost like he respected him, and especially when they landed on the planet, because he had who he needed, he captured him. I don't know why he was so hell bent on going to save the kid and forming a partnership with him. It made no sense because at that point he didn't even see the apple of what eventually came as I give me all the guns.
Speaker 2: Talk about relation, Like he didn't walked in.
Speaker 4: He walked into the bas like yeah, like my woman.
Speaker 2: He kid Eatie Falco, ain't no what to do. She was like, Nigga, you are a disgrace, Like look at your boofy ass.
Speaker 3: You and all these savages out of here. Bru I was like, yo, did he really just really put on black face.
Speaker 2: That he put on all colors? He was with all the colors kids, and he.
Speaker 1: Became ashy on purpose, and Nigga turned into Andre after meet Erica.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: He was he was, he was, He was electric, circus common this Hey, he popped that Hey, he popped that bean kid, and he ain't know what to do after that he popped the being. He starts seeing babies in the water and all this shy.
Speaker 3: She she she gave him that Bill Cosby ship. Bro. He was like, this is good. He wasn't right the rest of the movie.
Speaker 4: That's boring. That's some good ship. He said something like that, like, man, she got you, Nigga.
Speaker 3: But he was.
Speaker 2: He was my favorite character in the whole movie.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: He was the best thing about this whole movie every time, because he was the motherfucker that was just like there was no questions with him, like he he knew what he wanted to do, even though he changed like you would tell he changed his mind a little bit, but he even played on it and was joking about it. He was like, well, what we supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Am I supposed to see you? I see you? He was taking all these jokes and ship because he knew his characters like I'm supposed to be the villain, I'm supposed to be the anti hero or whatever, and I'm not going I'm not moving off that you know, off that street, off that block, and everybody else kind of just felt like they were still hesitant on who they really wanted to be. And that's why I really liked his character, just like being like I'm here to do this one thing and this one thing. Granted it's been the same mission since the first film, but he was just to me, the best character because he was the most consistent.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nick, I'm looking in the chat and a lot of niggas saying they do the same.
Speaker 4: Boy. All I can think about ain't nothing like crazy?
Speaker 2: Hey, nah, you see you see their first interaction on she was like, she was like, teach me how to make a thunder that Nigga was like, what you say to me? He gave her the good quick that I gave you something, Nelse the whole Later he said, I got a lot more when that came Bro.
Speaker 3: And he lied the old boy, he was like, he was like, yeah, I got I got a plan. It's a little radical though.
Speaker 1: He had that plan and me and that he had that playing in mind ever since he met her.
Speaker 4: Bro, you trying to make it seem like it wouldn't work, and nah, he knew what he was up to. He knew exactly what he wanted to do so he met her.
Speaker 1: You would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Man. My thing was like his relationship with Spider was weird too, because every point in time I was wondering, like, why do you care about this kid?
Speaker 1: Like said he said his life. I mean that is his son. But I mean I get it. You don't give a It's not really his.
Speaker 2: Son no moretal you know what I'm saying, Like you're a clone of an avatar. You're not even human anymore. You just have the memories of it.
Speaker 1: But you gotta remember, Like that's one thing that people always use with clones. Clones don't think they're clones. They think they're the real thing. So to him, he is the real thing, and that is really his son. And even though Spider was like not fucking with him a lot, you saved my life when you could have let me die. And so the party, you care about me, no matter what you say, you care about me.
Speaker 2: Like I don't care what he shot that motherfucker. Remember when he was holding off thing, He's like he's like pull me up, and like, well, nigga, you ain't shoot me in the arm. I want to pull your goofy ass up, Like it's just a it's the weirdest relationship ever. They're trying to co parent at the same time, Ken, and I'm like, I don't both of them wanted to kid well, one of them wanted to kill them, the other one.
Speaker 3: Just wants to Yeah, Like after they got through when he pulled the mother, He's like, well, this is awkward.
Speaker 2: He has some good one he had some great ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I was thinking the same thing. I was like, here's a spider in the middle, and you to baby Daddy's or Daddy's just like and he said what I was thinking. So I thought that that was that was pretty dope. But yeah, they escape, uh you know with the with you know, she using the powers kill the floor people, blah blah blah. But they found out that Spider got like some organism growing inside.
Speaker 4: Of his body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the whole thing is they just want to reverse engineering. So that was the whole thing with Spider and how he was relevant to those stories. So it became all about getting him and Quittrier went back gave these motherfucker flame throwers and all kind of fucking guns and shit like that, and got turned out and yeah, Spider is hype so uh so. Yeah, so Jake surrendered because they came back yep, yep and uh and he told her said, don't man, she wanted to shoot that damn bow and arrow so bad. But they were talking cash ship bro, and he said Kurtis said, man, like some ship on fire.
Speaker 2: He was like, you think we bullshit burn this motherfucker up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he live all that ship on fire and they went back to the base. Yeah. I think at this point that's when she she came back to the rescuing bro. Yeah, that was that was pretty tight. I like that.
Speaker 2: Again, the action scenes in this movie are really good. That's the only thing that kept me awake. Can I fell asleep twice? Ain't miss a beating this movie, and the action scenes was the one that keep me up. But like the the relationship dynamics were interesting from the sense of like again, I really loved how Jake was trying to not he was trying to deny that what do they call him? He's supposed to be the tomahawk. What's what's the motherfucker? Because he can ride that big ass dragon looking thing. Yeah you know what I'm say. Like, he was like trying to not. He was like, I'm not trying to be the Yeah, I'm not trying to be the nigga missed the nigga no more. I'm done being missed the nigga. Every time I missed the nigga, I always killed and the uh the see the Water People was like, nigga, you always missed the nigga. To us, like that, that's not something that you could just kind of hide away from. Whenever shit hits the fan, We're going to look to you for that. So he finally embraced it. So like there was a lot of like relationship dynamics with hers from externally or internally that were interesting, and I think that within this movie it could have been really really well done if they just again like I mentioned earlier, like if they just kind of just lean into it and like see like the worst case scenario of what of Jake denying that versus and also seeing him you know, redeem himself at the end. But to me, it was just like again, the fight scenes were great, but they were just like meaningless because we didn't really move forward, like what I don't know, Uh, Jay, let me know if I miss anything As far as what do we gain from all this outside of Spider being able to breathe, well.
Speaker 3: You know, that's it, like, because they didn't really do much like Spider and what is inside him can definitely help them out a lot because they cannot breathe the air. But after this movie was over them all of them were wiped out, So I don't know what they're gonna do in four. And the one guy that helped them helped the Jake the escape. Did we ever see him the scientist that had a change of heart that used the bulldozer? Did we ever see him the rest of the movie. Nah?
Speaker 1: Once he dipped off that that was it. That was basically he disappeared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and we still got the assholes still around this mother Gul lost one arm.
Speaker 2: He's still trying to speaking of that, What did y'all think about the well Beings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had a lot of well, I won't to say a lot of I think you mentioned that Jake embraced, you know, being the guy. Uh the Tokens were definitely not trying to fight at all, but they had to change the harbor they were standing on business because uh Piacon was the only one that really was about that that that ship was taking out. He was still taking out motherfuckers. Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't know none of these names. I was on calling from Pearl and say like Pearl kicking.
Speaker 4: Chew Bro jaking the blues man.
Speaker 2: My thame is, how did these get those rings?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I assume the water people have to put them on. How they lifted, I don't know. But the motherfucker was talking a lot of ship though, because it was there was.
Speaker 2: Some punk cast niggas. They was the one saying like this, we ain't trying to fight. We passed fighting, you know, Jaz said, we beyond kneeling kids.
Speaker 3: They were talking ship to pire kind. It was like, nah, we told him, don't gonna sucking them people. He's going to fucking them people. So we're kicking him out. You out the gang, bro, Just get the funk out of here. And that's why uh Lord went to go find him and the other bad ass kids.
Speaker 2: He was like, I lost one brother, I'm not gonna lose another one.
Speaker 3: But they ain't your brother bro.
Speaker 2: To us, brother man ain't nowhere. Hey, we seen some speaking of cosmic show. We see cosmy kids and be like y'all kind of y'all getting loose with y'all being siblings. We'll let it go. This one don't make no damn sense.
Speaker 4: Now that's his brother.
Speaker 1: Man, It made since in the last film Man like they both cast like he connected with him, like that made sense for him to feel like, yeah, bro, like y'all getting rid of him for protecting himself Like that's that ain't.
Speaker 2: N that's why. Cause the cause with the fucked up walk essentially the one who got half his face miss and he came back like niggas, Look what they did to me. I can't even straight up like he want the niggas. You know he wanted the niggas. Jay, I know, you see the biggas who always want to show off their scars, and we're like, nigga, go away. We just we don't need to see none of that ship. He kept putting this nasty ass scar on the screen. I ain't want to see that ship.
Speaker 3: And they probably hated it too, because that probably gave him a reason to fight. Even still, they were like, all right, well, well we'll holler back y'all in a second. We're gonna go talk about it, and they never gave a firm answer because the kids were like, man, y'all never listen to me. Y'all, don't do ship. I'm trying to tell y'all what's going on, and finally stood.
Speaker 2: Up bad present. They're trying to say it can I don't want none of my kids talking in no in no big meeting like that. Bro, Ya ain't saying shit. They interrupted the medi and jay all types of shit for what for some audience. It ain't gonna change the thing we all knew we had to fight. Figga, We're just trying to gather up everybody. Y'all. Ain't saying nothing new.
Speaker 1: Jake is still sucked up for his parenting though. That's one thing I still hate it. Like from the original you would think.
Speaker 4: That so that's a beat. Then I felt like just got dropped to the side.
Speaker 1: Like at the end, Jake does the I See You to the Sun that still alive after the first time dies, and so for him to do that and then in the beginning of this and throughout most of the film treat that same song like shit.
Speaker 2: It's like it was anger, bro, That's what he He said the same thing to his wife. He was like this anger is like it's controlling how she felt about the white people and his anger for like not being able to protect his family. He had to put that somewhere. He put it on the Sun because he was like, bro, I told y'all not to do this ship. You winded up doing the ship. Your brother went to go save you and then he died in that process. Ak when he told him like that, Nigga would still be here if it wasn't that he stopped. He stopped. Even the son was like, don't play me for that.
Speaker 4: But Nick, I get your but the you that for.
Speaker 2: A minute, because you remember the Sun tried to do something nice. It was like, yeah, I want to go out on the hunt with you. I want to. I got my gun. He was like, where is your cons that nigga, go get your CONSI your goofy ass want to come on his um, but you'll can't even communicate with you sit your asspect.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got a point that, yes, anger and like his grief. But they dropped that ship. Like you said, I need a halfway through the movie, like it went back to being in a venture film as compared to dealing with this ship. You introduced us to like let's stay here and let's let's like build on this ship and just went back to the same running around, get caught, get get loose, let me fight again. Like it's like, bro, done this shit many times in Avatar. Let's stick to what you started this these.
Speaker 4: Themes off with in the beginning of the film.
Speaker 2: But maybe that's what they save him for four and five. You can't solve all the problems and.
Speaker 4: It just put it in the second one. We need a whole second half of this shit.
Speaker 3: Then, were you guys surprised that Queen ash went along with Curtas.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised because because of the backstory of like when you find out that like they all worship the same god and then they felt like the god betrayed them. I thought that was a good angle that they could have leaned heavily into, like as far as like we're godless now we move like it too, like we like and we also at the end of the day, cam'pt fend for ourselves, Like we can't survive by ourselves. We need to collapse. We need to either steal from somebody or have somebody use us. Essentially, that's what Stephen Lane's character did, was use us to attack them. But I felt like they were not justified, but I understood their reasoning for collaborations because it's like we don't we look at them as our ultimate enemy too, you know what I'm saying. They they're the good guys for what they believe in. And I really thought that was Again, this movie is very based on faith and religion, and I really liked that aspect of like what the ask people from.
Speaker 1: They're not godless person because they create they make her a deity at that point, because remember in the beginning I called onto that when they did the raid and Old Boy sacrificed themselves, Like she's pray all that shit and I ain't gonnat that shit was tough.
Speaker 4: She's pray all that shit.
Speaker 1: On him and he basically kama COSI that that that ship or whatever, and she knows that. That's why she she does it with the drugs and all that, Like she's the d T for them now, Like I feel like she's just abusing power. It ain't even that they don't completely believe. I think there's I think that there's a piece of it where they just believe in her, like she's the one with the power.
Speaker 4: She has. They probably that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's so many other things we could have got from that that side of the story, and they could have dived into and like give us, given us, because when she gave him that spice and they was doing the rituals and dancing and but but that first time them niggas took that ship.
Speaker 4: And she linked up to him and he shook and went paralyzed.
Speaker 2: I know what that. I know what that movement feel like saying, but it's something, but you feel you got something, got something for the first time you ain't never had before.
Speaker 4: But even then, i'd have been at that party before when they were dancing around and know somebody in the corner just shook, like, oh yeah, that nigga feeling good over there.
Speaker 1: But nah, there's a lot of things there. And if you do it in four and five, it's cool. But you brought me back to three to not give me enough. And so her story was compelling because I understand that, like you sitting here praying and praying and praying and praying and nothing changed, So funk all that like it ain't it ain't real.
Speaker 3: But nah, yeah, I feel like like she she she could have been a really good villain for the whole movie, and but as soon as she got with uh Kercht, she got reduced to basically like not a not a side piece, but she was just you know, there to serve him. And you were like, you ruled all that ship, You were the top dog. You could have killed that motherfucker, took all of his weapons and ship. But as soon as you got with him, and you know, and and it was just it and you were just there. So I felt like they definitely didn't use her in the right way because she could have been a really good villain because, like you guys, I was. I was waiting for that showdown between her and the Teary because I'm like, oh, she gonna get some payback for her, and it didn't happen, and I felt I felt cheated from that.
Speaker 2: Especially when they where they had Sigourney Weaver's young old ass link up with her and just scare her from that and just call her a bitch and just it was just like this is week, like you got all like you did all again. My main thing is you got me here for three plus hours, bro, You like justify that first and foremost, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And then they made her a centerpiece in the promotion too, like she in the big ass middle of the movie poster and the trailers they showing the rituals and stuff that she's doing, like she was supposed to be a key figure, and she was only that for maybe twenty five percent of the film and it just disappeared like halfway through.
Speaker 3: So disappointing. Kirie, that's Segourney Weaver's character. Mhm, she found out she was a clone?
Speaker 2: Why did you know that exactly? You synced up to the tree all this time. That motherfucker would the best st that nigga, You ain't real, all right.
Speaker 1: But she was born and then you gotta remember that she was born from the avatar. So they always just told her her parents died or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she.
Speaker 1: Has no father and so well no, no, she thought Jake was her father in it because they didn't hear Yeah, yeah, yeah, So she didn't know, like she didn't. She didn't obviously didn't know that she wasn't not real, you know what I'm saying, Like she just thought maybe she was different because Jake's her dad, and Jake's not a full full nobby, so I could understand completely why she was confused. Well, my she ain't working like everybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because her mom didn't want her. Her mom didn't want her at all, you know. So she took it. She took well yeah, but still the god mama she but she took it a stride though. She was like, oh, I'm a clone for real? Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Now she was angry at fir she was. She was she was like, this is why I've been feeling weird and feeling like a freak. Y'a could have been told me this ship.
Speaker 3: It didn't last long. Shock.
Speaker 2: That's like no kid dealing with kids for too long. I know, I know when they pouting and they ain't real, But having a gonna read as this child just doesn't work for this It's trash.
Speaker 4: Doesn't work. Bro.
Speaker 1: You could have you could have did something else. It just doesn't work with her trying to be a kid. It doesn't work at all.
Speaker 3: And you know, and I think there and maybe in four we'll get more exploration into like her powers and her ability to have some sort of weird tantric sets with the earth and have that guy just basically enveloped by this organism and changed him into basically Earth a planet breathing. Now, like how does all that work? She's animating flowers and all kinds of shit, like, you know, like we I would like to know more about her abilities and what she can do, because she she would try to use them and ship, but she wasn't really good at it, even at the end when we get to the big fight, because it was good seeing Turok come back on board because he was fucking shit up. But I did the for me. The peak of this movie, of course, is the final fight scene because they decided to row the ass back up after Sully and them escaped because they were the Tolkiens were having their their ritual and they had that magnetic core thing going around, so they were about to go, man, yeah that that that be the core thing that that Maneta Tornado. That ship was dope.
Speaker 4: And then when it caught shipping, the fire went around and oh yeah that.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, yeah, this one. I was like, man, James, James Cameron got yeah, he was naeling it. But but they were definitely well s. They damned there won the fight, and then the Tolkens came through and we're fucking ship up, jumping and landing on the planes and ship like that. The General was like, get us out of here.
Speaker 2: Falco was like she was in the wrong movie, so she thought this was a besiege of Master Command and some ship. She didn't just felt weird for her to be in this movie about aliens and whatever the fuck because she was just stern the whole movie like she was. She didn't give no expressions, no emotions. She was just like General tight ass.
Speaker 1: Hey Nick when I scientist gave me there and was like, y man, you're gonna disturb the ecosystem, and she's like, we'll take your protests under consideration.
Speaker 4: Nigga, say my protestation. She didn't give no funs.
Speaker 2: We didn't care about none of that ship. The best thing she had was when she cutsed up Steve A Lake for U for wearing the in the ball meeting. He was sawty his head to think nobody noticed, like, nigga, you you eight nine feet long till you know to show big ass in the room.
Speaker 3: Bro. He swore his fit was tight.
Speaker 1: Bro, like that y'all, y'all dress y'all, and the niggas gonna clown you're in love. You're like, man, that's my baby, I'm gonna let her. I'm leting adjust me one good time. And she dressed your niggas be.
Speaker 4: Like, what the fuck you?
Speaker 2: She had him dressed up like in a two tone Jordan three.
Speaker 4: Fit. Bro.
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 2: That shit was funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well they they got kicked off. He left, but but they needed him because he came through. Bro, he can't run that corner he did just bruh, fucking him up.
Speaker 2: That was the thing too, is like from the first film going so now it's like, if you really care about these disfranchise, you'd be like, I'm attached to the blue people now or just this planet. And they was, like you mentioned, kid, they was taking a lot of like there was a lot of death in here from not humans, but not only do humans, but from the natives. And I just felt I felt that was interesting because they talked about a lot of death. And then when you see all this carnish happened because of war and all that, you just see them people just taking them their people off, one byma and not really being that remorseful. I remember that first film when the people died, they had whole ceremonies and all this shit and other and it felt like niggas just dying battle. We just move on. Like the only time it really got like some real tree stuff is when Sigourney Weaver was trying to connect and but the Wi Fi signal wasn't working and the white boy getting turned into whatever the hell he is now?
Speaker 3: Yeah you got Yeah, there really wasn't a connection to some of the the water people that died. Two examples, one of the kids walked off and when the tide turned, they were getting killed under the water like shot. And then we had old girl, oh boy's wife, she died and gave birth, and I didn't think they were going to kill her, but it was just like, okay, well she's I felt I felt that she did. Yeah. I felt that her husband just seemed to character at the end.
Speaker 4: I mean for her to be pregnant and be out there running and ship. Yeah, he ain't care, he ain't cant oh.
Speaker 1: I would have told him, man, I'm the chief, Like that's not a racist, Like I'm the one to tribe like as.
Speaker 2: The and the thing is the pregnant woman y'all talking about. I thought she was interesting too because she was not jealous, but she was just wondering like what the fun was going on with Sigourney Weaver that character, because she was like, I've been doing this ship all my life. I ain't never been able to connect to the tree like this bitch did. And she doing all this ship helping humans out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 2: She was was.
Speaker 3: She was definitely hated. She would definitely hate, but especially while she was trying to patch her up, she was like, keep talking, ship and I ain't gonna heal your at all. Yeah, met met Kyeni and something like that.
Speaker 4: She told her, and don't make me forgetting that you're with child. They just.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, let's get let's get on with this show.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but yeah, they she said, because she was like, yeah, I'm dying. She was like, no, You're gonna be hones. She was like, no, I'm dying, motherfucker. Like baby ship, I'm your doctor ship.
Speaker 2: Man. That was that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Man, I was, I was.
Speaker 2: I did feel sad for her. But but again, like this the third the third act of this movie is really it's exciting, but it's also disappointing because it's like the action scenes are great, especially that scene where Jake on the hot the air balloon looking thing and what he was doing on that motherfucker like.
Speaker 3: That was dope.
Speaker 2: But but Howard transitioned to the end of the film was just kind of like it ended on a really flat note in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt dissatisfactory, Like seeing them trying to leave. I wish I would have seen what Edie Falco's I forgot her character's name die because you just saw her still on the ship and kind of running away. But I don't know, I felt I wanted to see more of that. But the way the ship was being destroyed and flying up and it became like another threat while they were fighting on rocks, well was really dope. But this is when they were also still on the ship, and that's when, like you said earlier, like we thought we were going to see that fight and we didn't, Like she just came through and connected with it and she just ran off. Yeah, it just felt like what I wanted to see didn't happen. But I thought Sully and Kurtis's fight was was pretty good. You know. I think they just used Spider to stop it because I don't think they really wanted to pick a winner, so they just used him as a way to make it make it neutral. But but having to say Spider, but my thing is Spider, you you you are a fucking human. Why are you out there? You can't do any of the ship and you're taking him a gun?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 3: How do you end U about the love chasing Sally? Bro, you're like a regular ass human, but you can't.
Speaker 4: He don't feel that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he feels like he's just like that. He may feel at worse, he may feel like he's a little slower based off stature, but outside of that, he's like, Bro, I'm with them, it's my family. I'll do the same.
Speaker 3: He was struggling to do the crossbow. He was.
Speaker 2: He almost hit.
Speaker 4: Bro, load up and hit.
Speaker 1: He will mess around and hit you before you even finished loading it up. But I like this, I like I like current. I hope he's dead, bro, Like he's not my boy out my homeboy.
Speaker 4: I really hope he did.
Speaker 2: So you see a body, that's a That's what they say in the movies. Until you see a body. He ain't did. And in this world, even if he was to die, he could bring him back to.
Speaker 3: Because it made no sense for it, because he was it made no sense for him to jump off.
Speaker 2: It did. It did because he was He was like, I'm not about to deal with.
Speaker 3: You hell like herself though.
Speaker 1: No, he know Jake's wife is not about to allow him to and that's why he ran off the first time.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 4: They know what he's done.
Speaker 1: They not gonna allow him to even be You think she hates Spotter, You think she hates Spotter?
Speaker 4: That nigga's not going on. He gonna ain't gonna last fifteen seconds trying her, Bro, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, he knew it was up.
Speaker 3: Well, it seemed like Sully had. Sully was more willing to listen because Sully kept trying to convince It was like, hey, bro, you can look got new eyes now.
Speaker 4: Can can? It ain't about what Sully would have said, because Sally been saying a lot about the spot. Ain't Sully?
Speaker 3: No too.
Speaker 2: Sully don't really ship. They only call him up when like he one of the niggas, Like you call him like if you were in trouble, you need somebody to fight with you. That's what Sully is to that tribe. That's the only value he really breathed. Outside of that, he's outside of that. He's really he's still announceide, he's still be leaning on he learned on the job.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, Sigourney Weaver, is they really just wanted to fight because the first speak up? Yeah, yeah, yeah, he don't be saying she because I think about like him in this movie. She made him get rid of Spider, his kids made the whole family. It made him take the whole family and they got ambushed. His wife convinced him to kill the kid, and then his wife convince kills Spider, and then his wife convinced him to let Spider live when he came through it.
Speaker 2: Can I always say women have the right and the audacity to change their mind at any given time. Two hours two hours of this movie, she was like, fuck that nigga. In the last thirty minute forty five minutes, she was like, nah, save him. She's like, he saved your life, Like, who gives a fuck? So he's gonna be the end of all of us. He is going to be a huge That's what I was saying, Like I was, it's crazy that you said that. Cameron didn't want I was trying to write him out. It's like he did the complete opposite it's not even like he put him on the bench or anything, like Old Spider is just somewhere around here or whatever, and he'll come back, you know, later on. He's now going to be a focal point in the last two movies because he's gonna get older, he's gonna get more ingrained with the culture now that he can get tapped in, and the humans are gonna notice, like there's one human out there who can breathe with them, live with him, do all this other shit.
Speaker 4: And he already noticed it because they was. He was on camera when Jake was escaping, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like it's gonna even be more broadcasted, like to the to the to Earth. They're gonna send more people because they gonn want to be like, all right, if he can breathe on here, then we can come here too, and that'll be a whole new dominion for them to take off. Like that's what it's gonna be, an intergalactic war, that's what they're kind of getting to. I think at this point it's been real domestic as far as like trying to fight off the colonizer colonizers, But I think we're gonna get more of like, oh Earth is coming, the whole planet is gonna come over.
Speaker 3: That they were definitely on the colonizing talk ship. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My homeboy he read the Cones as a comic and he read it and it's more fighting. It's like they start fighting in space and ship.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to be well, I guess that's Star Wars.
Speaker 2: It's basically gonna be Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So our Kirie final was able to connect with our but it took everybody to come down there and help her out because because Iowa did not want to holler at her anymore. I would come through and basically say the day with them damn squid things that came in and fucked everybody up. It was satisfying seeing that guy finally get killed. And it looked like it was brutal too.
Speaker 2: They made with the army, Yeah, because because I was thinking, like the whales just go keep pulling him down until the pressure that's gonna bust his you know. That's the one thing that that's why I think this, Uh, they've explored more of space than they have of the sea because of how much pressure is the lowder you get into the into the water, so to die like that, it's probably painful as hell, yeah, but but that.
Speaker 3: That was That's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That was the movie in a in a nutshell, you know, it's it's a you know, it's very difficult to go through this thing bit by bit, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't really need to. It ain't ship going on this this movie, this movie mayn't realize, Bro, he is wasting his time on these films. Bro. No, I'm saying he's wasting He ain't waste the money. I'm saying he wasting his time.
Speaker 1: He's not, bro, Because even though you say that there's a there's a colt following behind Avatar, there's niggas who are actually there's an Avatar dude who like is doing like tattooing his body to be blue. Is a whole community of people who really really really fuck with Avatar.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: So now he was wasting his time like it'll make at least one point five billion, shit was selling.
Speaker 4: Three That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's a cult following by and then the people who aren't even Colt following, like my own boy, he just like I just want to go get I was like with your expectations for the film. He's like, bro, I just want to be lost in Pandora for three hours and then go home.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 1: He not even a big, big fan, but he like Pandora is a dope place to be and when it got doing the movies, like, I was just happy to be in Pandora. Like he didn't care about the plot line. People go just for the experience of Avatar and visually, that's what James Gunn is hanging his hat on, is like, at least people are going to enjoy looking at it, Like, I.
Speaker 3: Was surprised at the number of people. I had no desire to go watch it as late as I did, but I had no other choice. But there were a lot of people that were willing to go watch this movie at eleven or twelve o'clock. Ab was the one that told me about it because that was the time he was looking at. He said, the the twelve o'clock show he was looking at on opening night sold out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I get I get it. For the first weekend, this is the biggest movie of the season of probably of the fourth quarter, definitely for the fourth quarter. But it's to me, I say, wasting his time, because I'm like, bro, a guy who could do this visually, can get with some kind of can get a good script and turn that into another franchise or something like that. I'nderstanding like brou like, this story isn't even that great to keep doing it. Like if this is just again, if it's a money grab and all that shit, that's fine. I'm sure he gets a percentage of the film since he's been working on this for the last it's about to be twenty years that he's been working on just one movie essentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, I think Jaylen just mentioned it. Yeah, it's it's globally, it's where they're gonna make the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't make money off of us. We don't care about it everywhere else.
Speaker 4: They really the.
Speaker 2: Movie was like budget wise is like half a billion itself, so it got to make at least one point five to kind of clear the books. Unless he yeah, unless he because I heard I heard he shot most of this stuff back to back, so unless he was just kind of using you know, the same ship, so he can probably save money like that. But still this is you could tell this is an expensive as move. And j was talking about why doesn't Marvels. Marvel doesn't concentrate on movies like for this long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly why I'm just saying I would. I would. I would prefer that they did. But yeah, I know why they don't do it, because I mean.
Speaker 1: It's also it's popcorn, it's real fast. But I mean, i mean, shiit three three forty five worldwide in the first weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is I'm like, the next movie is probably gonna be three hours and thirty minutes or or something like that, And I'm like, bro at that point, speaking as a moviegoer, got cycling me out? Who has enough time to because I saw Minds at ten forty five, kis I didn't get home to like a on three in the morning too, because you got you got thirty minute previews. You know, they're trying to show every preview in the world for this one because they know everybody trying to see it. I'm not, I'm not. I don't know if I never have thought maybe the Avengers movies are the only movies where I'm like, I'll even go and I'll sit for three hours and watch this because these are characters that I mean, not developing for Hammler that was a one off, Nigga, I'm not open ham He'd got three sequels coming out what we see in Opie arguing with a sad chick like, I'm not doing like he it's a one If you're doing a one off, that's fine. But to tell me that this is a one long movie and they're just cut up in like increments and saying the next one's gonna still be three and nine hours, I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. I'll wait till it come out. I wait till the stream. This is where the streaming wars come into or I'm gonna wait till the stream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'll probably watch it, but I won't be happy about it.
Speaker 4: But I'm I'm I'm not this movie.
Speaker 1: I was kind of enthused to see where they were gonna go after the last one, especially with the death or whatever, even though I haven't seen it since it came out.
Speaker 4: Like when I did a recap, I was like, oh, I did remember all those beats and enjoyed the movie.
Speaker 1: Then after seeing this one, I'm like, ah, man, like this wasn't as what I wanted to be, but I would prefer to watch it on a big ass s cream and streaming, just because that's visually how it looks. But I understand exactly what Nick is at. I'm not saying you wrong, Nick, because I understand exactly where you at.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And you know I was thinking about now versus next week. I think it kind of works. I think once because next week a lot of people are going to be off for the holidays, so it may and I'll be interested to see the numbers as we get ready to close out. I read Superchats next is the numbers may take off because people are looking at us a three hours bro. Nah, I'm off next week. We'll just go make a family of been out of it and that'll be that. So I'll see if it if it picks up. But and I but yeah, but either way, I go. That's it, man. That's our review of Avatar. I do. I did like the villain of Iran. I think it's her name. Did she die? She just ran off? Right?
Speaker 2: I just saw her run off. I didn't see it. I didn't see her die. Like getting a lot of a lot of A lot of the main characters are still on the board. The only one I got took off was the sun and the one the one arm will, Dude, I don't like that. Everybody was waiting to die.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, okay, good because I liked her. I liked her, so I definitely want to get that fight. And I think she she really could have made for for an interesting villain, her fighting fire versus the water, Like we really got the that clash man that that could have been dope. But hopefully they'll well, I don't know, we're going to space. We'll see how that playoff.
Speaker 1: Second highest, second highest global opening behind Nick's Corny.
Speaker 3: As Listen, I saw Atopia was killing.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm trying to tell you I'd rather watch Utopia twice than watch this movie ever again.
Speaker 3: Bro, this movie I gotta go see too.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ken, I'm trying to tell you it's shipping on inside out. I don't go fuck with these biggest.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that he took all by enjoyment out of Dutopia just from that tape.
Speaker 2: Just because of that tape, they.
Speaker 4: Took me out of it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying they made animals fun again, That's what I'm trying to say. They read after the Wheel, all.
Speaker 3: Right, man, real quick. A couple of super chats with them boys said, that's a cool movie. A member chat remember for forty seven months. Appreciate it cool movie. Seven point five out of ten enjoyed the story and images, which is well visually is what Avatar is all about? Black Ross. What was the most disappointing movie this year?
Speaker 2: Damn, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: I have to log into my left probably j JK execution.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 4: Did you some guys in the movie was the most disappointing?
Speaker 2: I got I gotta think. I'm I'm gonna answer that. I'm gonna I gotta look at the movies that came out this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you keep going?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come back to a kid.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I gotta pull up my letter box, get up open the time. Did y'all watch the doomsday trailer in theaters?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the main reason why I went to answer the previous question. Captain America, Brave New World. That was the most disappointing that movie could have been. The trailer made it seem like it was gonna be a lot better than what it was.
Speaker 4: The trailer gave you the movie did do all the movies?
Speaker 2: Kid?
Speaker 4: I had to he told the truth.
Speaker 2: That's the first black cap in in cinema history, kid, and they did that nigga that way.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yes, I went to the movies mostly to see this doomsday trailer, teaser trailer, just to tell them, just for them to tell us something that we already knew.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It wasn't us, man, I mean, it's bullshit, but it wasn't for us. It's by the people who gave up at the end game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And I think they said they're gonna do like three more, three four more of like like that before they dropped the trailer, like Thor was supposed to get one Doomsday supposed to I mean doctor Dum maybe is gonna get one, and I forgot somebody else was gonna get one. Oh, but I think this is Thor in them's like last one essentially.
Speaker 1: That's see what they say we're gonna see until they put enough money in front of them and we're gonna see.
Speaker 3: M hmm. I wish I could have I saw it. I just didn't hear it, but I don't be trying to watch the trailers. But they they didn't have any sound on it when they were running trailers. Uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, we saw the trailer, but you didn't hear what it was. Nothing was said. It was just it was just like they just started the clock on this time. Next year, they're gonna drop Doomsday.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's fine, I'm cool. Not haven't watched it. Let's see, y'all plan on reviewing plural bus or Dairy Yep, yep, yeah, we already reviewed Dairy. Oh yeah, we'll definitely talk about plural Busts as well, because I think that's done. Well. We have one more.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched. I haven't checked it out, y'all. I was gonna binge watch it. Is it worth it?
Speaker 3: It's worth being watching. I stopped watching it because it was it was dragging for me.
Speaker 1: I understand not watching the Week the week because it's from the people that may breaking bad, right, Yeah exactly, So that's why. Yeah, they Yeah, they always drag shit out yea mm.
Speaker 3: Hmmm yeah, it's like, bro, come on, uh, disappointing, not worse more movie. I would go with Predator bad Lands.
Speaker 2: That wasn't that bad. That's that's not that bad kid, Predator, Bro.
Speaker 4: But that's also not what he saw.
Speaker 1: He said, not bad, he said, disappointing, not bad movie disappointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was because he was emotional.
Speaker 4: His predator, his predator.
Speaker 3: Feelix.
Speaker 2: They all can't be thus bro.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, r k F master, what's the movie so bad that it made you upset? Hurry up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I can't understand that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's arguably him or or The Running Man.
Speaker 3: Damn the Running Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was like it was hyped up to be a good ass movie, kid, and it was like you could have kept that.
Speaker 3: I ain't know they were hyping it up.
Speaker 2: They was hyping up Running Running Man was supposed to be like one of like the big surprises of the year, and they came and went like a fart in the wind.
Speaker 3: It did. It's on streaming now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put that it was running to the streamers. That's always exactly in two weeks, Yo, by the top of your necks, check comes that motherfucker's nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, that movie was cheeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I took my nieces to see Smurfs.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't blame it on them. Just said you want to see smurs.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Smurfs fan, but this ship is terrible.
Speaker 3: That shit was terrible.
Speaker 1: Bro, I was trying to be a cool uncle and I was in there. They was looking at me like I was ruining the movie for them, Bro, I was trying my best not to. But yeah, Smurca was definitely terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that made me upset.
Speaker 3: I gotta watch it. You have to know. I didn't miss anything. Last one black Rock's Too Hot takes. I would live in Gotham before I would spend an hour in Kingstown. Second, Darry was the best HBO show this year. The Pit was number two.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna give out my dairy taste, but The Pit may be the best HBO show this year. Well, didn't the Penguin come out this year? Was that last year?
Speaker 3: Last year?
Speaker 2: Last year? Hold on, let me see what h show TV shirt shows came out this year? Derry was good, but it was also kind of I ain't gonna say much afterday your.
Speaker 4: View tomorrow, I'm say nigga review. I didn't think he's right, Bro.
Speaker 2: I think the I would put the Pit over Darry though. Yeah, I think it's just splitting here, spliping here, but I would rather be in Kingstown than Gotham. Bro, got from your ass, can get taped out by the Joker. But he's spreading acid in your face or he's making you cry. And ship Kingstoyle, you're just dealing with niggas, you know.
Speaker 4: I take that back.
Speaker 1: Common side effects. Common up there, bro, common side effect.
Speaker 3: Love that ship.
Speaker 2: I haven't finished it. I haven't finished it. I haven't finished it.
Speaker 3: I heard it was good though. Yeah, yeah, this year I'm glad. Yeah, I got to start working on my list.
Speaker 1: I definitely damn right, you better start working on your y'all hear your hand and Hill live, can you better.
Speaker 4: Damn sure work on his list?
Speaker 3: When is the deadline? Man?
Speaker 2: I put it in yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Were gonna break You already see that. We're the last niggas at the office and you're asking the turn that's not gonna get pushed through. The twenty twenty six New Year's Eve is the last day?
Speaker 4: Is the day, all right? And the live for y'all listening. The live will be January eleven for.
Speaker 1: The top top twenty, top ten films and TV shows of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Uh So that was it for the super chant. Quadaloupe Jayla wants to know what's going on with the podcast.
Speaker 4: Bro, Man, can't I mean, Nick got on my ass this week about it.
Speaker 1: It's coming, man, Nick, me and Nick, niggas gonna help me out, make sure I stay accountable to getting it done.
Speaker 4: I'm just, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Life has just been beating my ass and I've been falling behind and making sure a frame stuff getting done too.
Speaker 4: So yeah, niggas, niggas holding my feet to the fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta. You can't say shit on air, and then I follow through the biggest, biggest niggas.
Speaker 1: I tell your niggas, I tell the these nigga about that ship all the time, and then I did it myself, so exactly, it's coming.
Speaker 3: It's coming, all right, Well, there you go, and that's it, man. That's our Those are our thoughts. Review of Avatar. Appreciate mister Towns. That's in my Netflix list. I'm gonna watch it. But yeah, so we'll catch you guys in the new year. Nick, Nick and Jalen, I guess appreciate you guys. Hoppy on here to discuss this movie. Was It was fun, No problem, problem.
Speaker 2: Happy holidays, everybody be safe and yeah, enjoy your time with your family and friends, all right, appy'all later