Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast, What's.
Speaker 2: Going on as your boy Nick I am here with I am Spike Lou caught up though modest media.
Speaker 3: Yeah whatever, man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: And Kenneth by Oh you're now tuned into the France Second podcast And in this episode we are concluding our I guess Batches recaps of the Ken is still a hit.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think it's I think it's crossing over a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, with the hit Hulu original series season two of it, we're finishing out the second half of Paradise starring Sterling K.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 4: So yeah, these this recap will be dedicated to episodes five through eight because we already did one through four. Make sure you go check that out. So yeah, let's let's get into it. Let's pick up where we let off this time. I actually brought up I watched all the episodes beforehand. Take a break and cool. I'm pious your thoughts on the second half? Did he did he match the first half?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. I was a little concerned when when I started saying about the time travel stuff.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't see all the murmurs about it being that type of show. But the more you know they got into the story, the more I understood it. You know how you know, if you if you have infinite amount of money like that, you probably would try to figure out the craziest shit. You could probably figure out like that money you know can buy or whatever. So it makes it started to make a lot of sense when you start thinking about people that live a certain way.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: So once I, once I settled into that part, I was like, yeah, this is this is still a really solid show for me. So I think, you know, I think I think it was fine. I'm not I'm still not sure if this one is better than the last season, but I think it's still a solid solid show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about your lou?
Speaker 6: I differ from that, I'm concerned. I'm concerned that this season three is gonna be everywhere. I did not like the time travel element. I don't think they fully understood and explained it for us as viewers to understand. And I know they got one more season they'll probably dive into it, but I wish, well, I would have liked this season more had they gave us more information on what the whole thing was doing and how it was affecting them with the nose bleeds. I didn't like that that may be her son, because that just didn't make sense to me. It was a lot of holes, I felt like, and the only reason that those holes were there, in my opinion, is they spent too much time elsewhere with those backstories. Like I enjoyed them in the more, but when we get to the last two episodes, I felt like they was Russian, so they could have took some of that other stuff out and just gave us more context everything that had to do at the end. But all in not, I was still entertained. But I'm gonna check out season three. But this season, to ask your question, was a big fall off of me, big fall off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you, Ken?
Speaker 1: I still enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: I enjoyed the last batch of episodes far through a You know, they did introduce the time travel, but they didn't they didn't really spend a lot of time in it. So I think we'll get a lot of that in the third season. And they're only doing three seasons, right, yes, yeah, yeah, so I think we're good. I think we'll get a very very good, solid story, you know, from beginning to end, And I think this was thinking about it almost like reading it from a novel perspective, you know, towards the middle, you start introducing and giving some background of hoole these characters are and why they.
Speaker 1: Act the way they do.
Speaker 7: So I was okay with that, and I don't think it took too much away from the storyline. And I like the fact that they kind of concluded some of that shit, so none of that shit is lingering on as some shows tend to do.
Speaker 1: So I'm with it now. I'm ready to get into the science fiction part of it all.
Speaker 4: That's interesting that you say that, kid, because this show technically is a science fiction show, even though it's the premise is mostly about a world kind of apocalyptic accident or happenstance, but that's still in the sci fi realm. And I wasn't expecting them to do the literally take a quantum leap for how they want to end this series, but the way they did it made it more interesting for me as far as like how they work out the math of it, because I do think it's interesting from that perspective since we're talking about science, like, let's go into it kind of like some Project Hill Mary type shit. But I think there was a drop off this season, but it wasn't significant. I'm not with you on that.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: It wasn't significant, but it was to the point to your that I agree with that we were elsewhere a lot. We even got a chain background, a Mailman background, which we would get into, like maybe we could have explored more about like how this is going on. That way, we can just focus on the third season being something that's more like finalized, because I feel like if the third season doesn't hit unexplained a lot of stuff, people will be like, damn well, you could argue there could be another there should be another season, you know. So I liked it overall, but like first season was great.
Speaker 2: This was just good. So we start off with episode five of the second season.
Speaker 4: Which is titled The Mailman, which we get introduced to Gary and some kind of sort of towards sterling k Brown's wife, like what happened during the whole accident as far as them not being able to communicate, and that was the last time he actually spoke to his wife until recently. What did y'all think about this episode and what did you'll think about Gary? Y'all start what you can.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: He definitely fit a lot of stereotypes as we moved along. Lonely guy mailman tried to be amend man and a couple of different ways when he got to stirle his wife and loner and creepy gamered us in the house all alone by himself and only making friends online and not you know, quote unquote outside, and they leaned into that sort of gamer stereotype of mentality that they have, and you know, these guys bonded and made a friendship you know, online, So I think his behavior they sort of used his background to kind of explain some things that went along, especially as we got the conclusion of the story.
Speaker 1: But you know it, it was cool.
Speaker 7: It made a lot of things make sense because those they would be the type sometimes to sit there, they're playing all these games, they're living in this fantasy world, and they would be the ones to kind of figure some ship out and find a way to survive. So they they played that ship out like they were doing some due Dungeons and Dragons type of ship and the ship just fucking came true. So so yeah, so now I was with he had he had a Yeah, I was with it.
Speaker 4: Rob was it just me when like during that whole exchange between him and I think us, I was thinking, like, it's gonna turn left. Like the guy he probably talking to any other thing, it's probably a lot more crazy than when he.
Speaker 2: Is coming off. As was that your thoughts going into that episode as you was watching it.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about his partner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, I don't I don't know if I thought it was gonna turn crazy until he started looking like he was getting jealous of the situation or whatever, Like when he started, you know, getting closer to uh hisnme, what's his what is Randall's name? Sterling K's name in the show again? I forgot that, yeah x yeah, yeah, Once he started getting closer to his wife and stuff, Yeah, he started to feel like a loaner. It seemed like he started to feel like a loaner again. So I thought at that point, yeah, he might snap.
Speaker 3: But before that, no, I thought.
Speaker 5: They were just you know, just two nerves that you know, new apocalypse was coming and they knew how to to to.
Speaker 3: Prepare for it.
Speaker 5: So no, I thought this is I thought this was a very interesting setup episode.
Speaker 3: Person.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like it was needed?
Speaker 3: I like what it added.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I like how it bridged just into a into a different group of people, you know what I mean, Like, like I think it did. I think it did its job. It showed what was going on on the outside while all this stuff was going on in Colorado.
Speaker 3: You knowee what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I think it was a good way to kind of tie the two worlds.
Speaker 7: Like you, Nick, I did think I thought it was some psycho and I thought all that shit he was gonna turn on him and ship like that. So yeah, I've been watching too much TV, I.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, how many shows that we all watched where it's like you need the well catfish, there's a whole favoite show about it, like Motherfucker's Online, just smoke speaking online, never seen each other, never meeting each other in personally, and then when you finally do it, it may not be what you think. But Lou, I'll ask you the same question asked right, Do you think this episode was necessary or did you like did you enjoy.
Speaker 6: That all in the moment, Yes, I didn't start thinking that some of this stuff needed to be cut out unto the end, when I feel like they were rushing that last episode, but in the moment, it was good to get context on dude.
Speaker 2: I liked what Ken said in the censure.
Speaker 6: It was the typical nerd gamer and if anybody would figure it out how to live through, it would be him and this dude that he made all the line. So they did that well. I think it was a good job. I'm not sure how much I needed it though, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a very detailed episode because they had the whole his what it was his post office was was a cold war bunker and they ended up turning into and they had all the supplies.
Speaker 2: He was able to do that shit. I liked that, but we're gonna have to get to the Messican.
Speaker 3: I know you like it.
Speaker 4: Like Rod said, Xavier's wife pulls up early after we see Gary be like a good Samaritan and save that little boy from that them dope fiends that are his parents. But he's also, you know, somebody who literally just saved him, so he's he could be coming off as a people white guy, which is a savor. His wife wanted to intervene, but he ends up getting her trust. What did you think about their relationship dynamic and.
Speaker 1: What she was.
Speaker 2: She fouled for not he's giving him something.
Speaker 6: No, she wouldn't filed for like she's not gonna.
Speaker 3: Go for dude like.
Speaker 6: He a weirdough loyal and she's loyal. Yeah, I think her husband, well, I mean that lady was the weird that she was bad.
Speaker 2: I feel sad. That was a funny siege.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 6: If that was Morris Chestnut to somebody, she probably would have went.
Speaker 1: Was like.
Speaker 6: You think it was all it was all about the tracks. Yeah, if it was Idris l but Morris Chestnut naming in one of them, like she would have went.
Speaker 1: All of them?
Speaker 6: You know what's all of them? Green Eyes.
Speaker 3: Tyler Perry movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Michael Michael Ely would have took her dame the first day. Michael Ely would have done it.
Speaker 1: The blue Eyes were bringing up.
Speaker 2: She would have been working with that radio.
Speaker 3: Who probably probably I ain't never.
Speaker 2: Going to see him again, brob.
Speaker 4: That was my thought, was like what she because at first it seemed because it seems like everybody in these situations when they with somebody that's showing them.
Speaker 2: Like favor kindness, especially because he really saved her life.
Speaker 4: Because we don't know what she was up doing like being out the street usually end up going like an emotional attraction and it leads to something physical. But as soon as he was trying something, she was like, she did. She told him she kept in the bang. Did you like what she said? When she was like, She's like, I appreciate it, but this would never.
Speaker 1: I can't give you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, God, damn, I can't give you. Yeah. I thought I thought they But I did think they.
Speaker 5: Were gonna go there though, because I mean, Zab you went there, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, I guess you know you're gonna let her get her little piece too, But yeah, I didn't go there, So I was just like, wow, Wow, I didn't go there. So I thought that was interesting that, you know, they had him go there with it, but they didn't have her go there with it.
Speaker 7: You know, it was it was It was definitely a device to explain why he did what he did, which, you know, as we moved further along.
Speaker 1: To certain degree, maybe Louis as well. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think this whole storyline was to get him to the train so they can get back to Colorado.
Speaker 2: That's I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was a bridge to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, and I guess they needed his actions in order to do that. So this was the way they wrote it because I'm like, because I was just thinking, I was like, we didn't really need to do all that ship, you know, with him and making advances towards her and becoming you know, jealous or whatever. But now we know why he as soon as he saw her, he was like, Okay, yeah, you can come with us, and you know, and us was like, no, we don't have enough room.
Speaker 1: But he was like, we're gonna make room. And that's what.
Speaker 3: This queen for. This queen.
Speaker 7: He tried to pull that if he tried to put the last man on Earth ship and.
Speaker 4: That's the reason why he went crazy out there.
Speaker 6: And you still don't want her, still don't want mine.
Speaker 7: The other girl with the other girl, So yeah, he losing out. I think even found somebody.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 4: That's the fun around that was. But Ron, did you feel like him going crazy at the end? Was you shocked by that? Like he killed especially his best friend.
Speaker 1: He was talking too much. Sh he was talking away too much ship. He was sucking with him. Bro.
Speaker 7: He was like, yeah, she's about to leave. She about to get on this train. She about to get up out of here. What you got, She's gonna be long gone, right.
Speaker 6: That is what tipped him over. That's what God calls him shooting kid. Any of that can't nobody. You can't fun with nobody like that. Man, he got a short used.
Speaker 3: With him.
Speaker 4: I thought he was just being like a good friend likes about I did too, he could Finally.
Speaker 3: He was Yeah.
Speaker 6: With King, he was being petty. He was being paid.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 5: With Nick, I thought he was actually saying, Yo, this is your opportunity, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, damn you shot that nigga. Man, and I shot that nigga.
Speaker 4: My thing is like, how did you not say the gun point that you?
Speaker 3: He probably don't he would have shot him. There's no way he think he was going to do it.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would you think they caught me off guard?
Speaker 5: He called me, when did you keeep it up?
Speaker 7: It's when when in this apologized the story started to change and how it was written and it started to feel like you and even even Xavier said it. He was like, man, it's something not telling me and you probably need to go ahead and tell me now before it's too late, so you know, so he picked up on it too, and he just started seeming like he was just as it went on, just was was lying. But yeah, right around that apology, you know, it made it seem like he was really being sincere.
Speaker 1: That old boy was the one.
Speaker 7: Because when we got to the to the training at the people they were really really nice. They didn't seem like they were a problem. They were the people that were with uh uh uh Dylan's group, so we've seen another side of them that they hadn't seen. But when we got they were like, oh, yeah, everything's cool. You know, we're about to go to Colorado woo woo and uh and yeah everything, you know, everything was straight. So I was like, I don't think this is this is being told away.
Speaker 1: It happened. The way he's telling you, dude.
Speaker 6: Made it seem like they was terrorists something.
Speaker 2: They was they stole this girl.
Speaker 6: You're the only he was the only lonely ass person over there by himself. He could have went over there too, like he chose that life. It was he thinks it's just gonna be him and the black girl and the kid and they was gonna play house. Now, nigga were trying to get out of here. We ain't trying to stay in this post office for the rest of our life.
Speaker 4: Hey, but that was that was his life though, you know what I'm saying. That was the world to us.
Speaker 1: But everybody was leaving. Uh who saying her boo love? Uh?
Speaker 7: Who els love? I think somebody else loved. So yeah, everybody was starting to know he was being left a long.
Speaker 2: Well, how did the kid get left there? Did they ever say that?
Speaker 1: I missed that?
Speaker 6: No, it was the kid with not because they had to go back and get him.
Speaker 1: They never trying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they never said how they were like white.
Speaker 6: I don't think that she would have left the little boy if they went back to go get him. So I wonder how he got back over They never like really elaborated.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: I never I didn't realize because I thought he was with the little boy was with her.
Speaker 6: No, because remember she went back to to get him, and that's when Yeah, he was Finn shoot him and ship.
Speaker 4: I guess that the whole little little boy didn't really need to be there.
Speaker 6: Honestly, he's gonna end up being somebody watch. I think that they're gonna they don't have no way down you think, So who's said.
Speaker 2: More likely gonna be somebody that the Little Boy.
Speaker 6: I think the Little Boy gonna end up being somebody.
Speaker 3: Hm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 7: I just don't see them that much. I got one more they don't. They have one more season, and that boy he didn't do a lot. He played on a broken ass slide and ran off.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't have no time to develop him to something else.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's what the creator of this show. I just feel like that's what the creative show does. I know, Roch, you're watching this is Us now, like you have somebody just lingering and you wonder why they're and then they go into a whole episode about the significance of this person. I feel like they may spend an episode on the Little Boy next year, you know what.
Speaker 3: I could see that. I can see that, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: I do agree with the way that this guy produces his shows that he would be able to do that, But I just don't understand what that significance would be for the Little Boy, because we already got some significant people in the story, and the.
Speaker 7: Only way they can do that is with time travel, and that's that's that's the hell of a jump they would have to do.
Speaker 1: Then you're going back and forth. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 4: Moving on to the next Crazy White Person, we get to episode's fix called Jane.
Speaker 2: And when I was approaching this.
Speaker 4: Episode, I kind of took a break from the show a little bit because I was like, I was getting to lose point. But even before you set it on this episode, even then, I was like, bro, why are we doing a Jane episode? Like why do I need to know that what she's about? Like, let's get back to what we know what we need to. But this actually surprised me and I was exactly very interesting, probably one of the most interesting episodes of the second half of this season. What about you, Lue, what did you think about Jane and her Orchard story?
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 6: I liked it, and I liked it. They wrapped it up at the end as far I guess they wrapped it up. They really didn't show other than I guess her body was laying in the shower.
Speaker 2: But that made sense.
Speaker 6: It made sense that a psychotic person like Jane had that type of upbringing. Like I could see that, and I thought something.
Speaker 2: Did it play into the time travel too?
Speaker 8: It did?
Speaker 4: It did because because she got a text message or something in the beginning starts in like nineteen ninety seven when she's born, and it's a text message.
Speaker 2: That's like, what is it?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: I don't if you.
Speaker 6: Remember a killer or something like that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be evil. But she can't stop the world or something. She can be stopped on some goofy shit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that was the machine texting them, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's nutsy.
Speaker 3: I like that texting email.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So technically right now.
Speaker 5: And another reason why it wasn't to bother is because it's not technically time trouble. It's just something. It's just like something predicting the future. So it's not time travel if you think about it, it's just this.
Speaker 2: But the machine talks back in time to get that that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not time travel. That's just it was.
Speaker 6: Just after it was built after nineteen ninety six, and it said the text back to nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 5: I understand, I understand, but that's what I'm saying like that, it's it's uh, but but there's no there's no time travel involved.
Speaker 3: At this moment.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just this machine that's able to predict what's going to happen in the future and then go.
Speaker 6: Back in the past and tell people about.
Speaker 5: It again, like it it's no one's no one has time trouble yet, are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Because it's the machine, you say, and fit like, there's no human being that's done time travel.
Speaker 5: There's no homany that's no human being that's done the time travel.
Speaker 3: And so that was that was a little bit of a saving grace for me. Honestly. Okay, wait a minute, it's not necessarily time travel.
Speaker 5: It's just this machine that could predict and then everybody can move based on that.
Speaker 6: I just feel like that's a neap manipulation of storytelling, Like to be able to say, oh, we built this machine in two thousand and whatever, and it can go back and text people in ninety five because it knows what's gonna happen one hundred years from the like that. That that just seems weird to me. It gave me Lost vibes, like the TV show Lost. Once they start exploring with time travel and stuff like that, it kind of jumped the shark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it all depends on what they end up doing with Jane that season to have that thing go back in time, because you know, what was it?
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 7: Since that message just to kind of prep us for the type of upbringing she has that led her to who she eventually became. Like we saw that so even before she was born, you know, saying oh, here's this killer coming, this killer coming, but we already knew that. So I don't know if there was necessarily a need for that other than explaining her actions and then showing that she was crazy. You know, when she locked it on Mama and the Damn.
Speaker 1: The Sun or whatever.
Speaker 3: And just watching her like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, talking about crimply or whatever. So I don't know. I think it depends if she has if she has like.
Speaker 7: A bigger role to play moving forward, and why the machine was able to kind of predict her algorithmically and tried to go back and and accept that. Then it would make sense. But if it's just kind of pre characterize her for us, then we didn't really need it because we already know she fucking crazy. You could have just showed her having a rough upbringing and that she talked to imaginary people and that she went as far as to try to kill her own mom.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, we we know how crazy, Like.
Speaker 1: She liked that.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, go ahead, locking her mom and boyfriend in asauna wasn't enough crazy for you as a kid.
Speaker 4: What was actually crazy for me about this show, and I want to, you know, get rid of lose reaction was that black man that said the mamachair, what's the you gotta go?
Speaker 3: Like, sir, I was so confused. I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: Because my thing is like I don't care what it is, especially in ninety seven. If you get a bunch of emails talking about this thing is like this little person name whatever it is, gonna be crazy? Or are you really gonna look at the mama as supper as on the way out of the living room and say like, hey, bro, your baby crazy?
Speaker 2: Let me go kill it?
Speaker 5: Roughly, Yeah, that's crazy, ain't no way.
Speaker 7: And it's not like mom was out there too.
Speaker 4: It's not like the mama was looking for a side because she's looked at the baby cracking like shut up, like I've already.
Speaker 7: Think you're right, you know, because yeah, because she was in there, she was like are you should nobody's coming?
Speaker 1: She was like, get this motherfucker out of this room.
Speaker 7: So she don't know who the daddy is.
Speaker 1: It looks like the mom was out there, like what's the lady in the sports right now? Diana?
Speaker 2: No? Look?
Speaker 4: What was your thoughts on how we started off this episode going into the.
Speaker 2: The steamy sauna? You you're mute? I think, can't you hear me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: I didn't know where they were going with it, but once they did get there, it played it paid off like I liked it. It painted the picture we knew Jane was crazy, like can't say it, but still it did add more depth to her craziness. We've seen she's been sick since a child essentially, So yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 4: I like I like when she went to when we find out, like she grows up, she becomes a part of her. It's crazy, like these people are going to the military and government and jobs save people. But she rises up in the CIA, she got a black woman looking out for and right when she's like listen, like you you are a great student, but your psyching battles kind of fucked up, she's like, yeah, I hear voice, and she's like, listen, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to hear that.
Speaker 6: Don't even tell right, right.
Speaker 2: That's what up.
Speaker 6: It's low key on the black that's a nigga ship to like, hey, bro, I don't even want to know, bro, Like, don't implicate me and.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: You're doing a great job. They praising me for it. Hey do whatever you do, bro.
Speaker 4: But that's see where her that relationship between her and her boss essentially.
Speaker 2: What what was your thoughts on that ride, especially how.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah that was crazy youre talking about when she went in, Okay, now you get you know you said when she told her, like, now you can get your promotion, I'm like, this motherfucker crazy, Like she.
Speaker 3: Is legit insane. Bro.
Speaker 5: She killed that man, bro, and then went back to her and was just like, yo, yeah, now you can do it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You say he's in a way, he ain't in a way no more.
Speaker 1: And the dick may have been in the back.
Speaker 2: She had that little what's that stuffing? Really brap on boat?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 6: Man, it was nuts, bro, Literally that was nuts.
Speaker 1: Literally, we don't have to worry about that no more.
Speaker 2: They said that he was attacked right right exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah my bad, Yeah, my bad. Yeah that's what man. Yeah, yeah that's crazy. She said he won't be a problem anymore. So he won't be a problem anymore. Bro.
Speaker 3: She took it literally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she took it literally, like because yeah, because the black ladies like any because he got a penis or something like that.
Speaker 3: And she was like, well, she was like.
Speaker 2: He used to.
Speaker 3: It's like his wife right in real life, right is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he do a podcast with his wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but she shows to like yeah yeah that's her, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: She popped up in This is Us too.
Speaker 6: She was working with him about this show. Did y'all see that? It was a little clik and he was like, she was talking about that moment that Nick was talking about and she was like, uh so you're just gonna introduce your wife to the lady is your therapist. He was like, that's what she was. She was like, all right, niggas like it was real black shit. It was funny and she was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Try to show on me.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Basically, it was like trying on me, nigga. And then she wasn't being discreet about it either. She was just like yeah, you know, like it was just the way she was looking. I know we ain't got there yet, but yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: The way she was.
Speaker 5: The way she was looking like yo, you're trying to you blow it up the spot.
Speaker 3: She was blowing up the spot. That's crazy. Uh.
Speaker 4: Also in this episode, We're gonna get We're gonna close out with Jennings a little bit, but.
Speaker 2: We go back to see Gary and you know, save its little mission.
Speaker 3: They little.
Speaker 2: They got.
Speaker 4: They got this nigga starting came Brown thinking he the ad mission, impossible time.
Speaker 6: This nigga, what dude, dame, what's the nigga?
Speaker 9: Name.
Speaker 6: I have a very discreet set of skills. Will they be kidnapped?
Speaker 2: That's what he's need, Bron.
Speaker 4: He made the I E D out of Machee, Robert noodles and the goddamn Scott shape.
Speaker 3: This nigga limb and Tom cruise that nigga be running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this has been dying, Bro. This niggabelt the bomb. He knew Gary was up to something, but he still trusted.
Speaker 2: Him with the trigger.
Speaker 3: Rock, Bro, blow that nigga up, Bro.
Speaker 4: Niggaig said, I gotta give my wife back either.
Speaker 3: He me too, right, he trying to blow that man.
Speaker 4: What'd y'all think about how this episode ended with with Gary Bron?
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm like, yeah, you you.
Speaker 7: He put a lot of trust in somebody that he just met, even though he expressed earlier a lack of trust.
Speaker 1: But it came with that white baby and his baby.
Speaker 7: And I don't even know, well he had the trigger, so I don't know that if that's why he brought him along on the mission. But you don't even really know this dude, and you're believing the story even though you feel like there's there's something off.
Speaker 1: About the story.
Speaker 6: So right to press the button.
Speaker 1: Not not once he to put the to put push the button on the on the bomb. Well yeah yeah, yeah yeah, that that was that.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get that, but.
Speaker 7: I still don't know how this motherfucker didn't get spotted, Like it didn't seem like he was all that quiet.
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers are terrible.
Speaker 7: I know they said they're not trained soldiers away whatever, but he was just moving and broad. They like just hiding behind a box and nobody had to be walking around.
Speaker 2: Look, he had the Looney tunes like Roland bombs.
Speaker 1: Nobody lost.
Speaker 6: I was like, where everybody at bro like, nobody see this.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 4: We put too much respect on niggas who got the military great looking longs.
Speaker 6: You've got that little vest on and some cargo pants. You're good.
Speaker 2: But he tried to get. He tried to get.
Speaker 4: They were up early can because at first one they saw the dude like obviously like people coming by.
Speaker 2: He was like he had to hide it like between the trains. He was like, nigga, I told you to watch Yeah, that was your first time. I know that he ain't about ship facts.
Speaker 1: Or he's just really bad at the job. You need to send him home. Get go, Get go, get the black Biker.
Speaker 7: He would have looked out for it, even though he cussed about He was like, you're the only person came around here asked for goddamn battery.
Speaker 6: Ain't He's like, Nigga, you obviously know something I don't know, and I ain't whatever you know, I ain't helping you with it.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's the nigga ship right there.
Speaker 1: Like it was, it was it was.
Speaker 2: He gave him the same energy the Black Boss gave James, Like, listen, you ain't got any person.
Speaker 1: You want to batter. No hell.
Speaker 2: Better trouble niggah boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 2: That bar was funny. Gary a piece of ship.
Speaker 4: Oh but Zavid finally finds his wife, bro, I was was it was a nice little moment.
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 2: Did that mean anything to y'all?
Speaker 1: Like how she? That was cool?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like they didn't draw it out.
Speaker 1: I like it was.
Speaker 6: It was cool.
Speaker 2: It was perfect for the show.
Speaker 1: M hmm, yep. That's that's the thing I like the most.
Speaker 7: Spike is that finally we're not spending three eight seasons trying to find this damn woman.
Speaker 1: You know, she's on the train and she's there, and you know, I don't.
Speaker 7: Think they did a good job of listening to her though, But because she was like, because she was like, that's my husband, that's that's the one I've been looking for. That's the one I'm talking about. That's my husband. They don't want to hear any of that. Ship they still I would have popped. I would have popped his ass. Bro real talk the nigga come out of nowhere, clot.
Speaker 3: Blow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my husband him.
Speaker 1: She called him something, and I forgot what she called him. It was something out of a movie. She said. He went full Jason boy, went Jason Bourne on us. He did up, Yeah, he did. That's one thing I gotta learn.
Speaker 7: I gotta learn how to damn take down my arm, motherfuckers when I'm surrounded by like three the motherfuckers just some guns.
Speaker 3: I think that time passed just watching Jason.
Speaker 6: I feel the same. What you finna learn that now.
Speaker 1: He was messing some post up in there though he will he bad dude man. But I liked that too.
Speaker 6: I also like we have context for that. It wasn't just like unbelievable. We know in general he a bad dude. We could tell from his previous post with the President.
Speaker 1: So I liked it.
Speaker 6: The skills come out in that don't seem just like man, come on, fathomable?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing that was really like come on was like he'm flying a plane through hell.
Speaker 6: That was come up just because his daddy wants a pilot, Like, bro, it don't work there there.
Speaker 2: Crashed and live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, his wife can't say ship. We're gonna get to that point. But that's the best case. I crashed the plane for your right as a married man. If you finally find your wife after amount of years and the nigga who tried to kill you, you gotta go get this little white boy too.
Speaker 1: Are you doing?
Speaker 4: Are you doing along with this thing with your wife? Just because she was like you means something to me? Are you saying, baby, let's get the fun up out of here. I got we got our kids to get back to Colorado.
Speaker 5: Well no, I mean because he was in the same predicament. He's just like, yo, we got a lot to catch up on. Because he had a little white baby. He was so I thought that was funny he had a little white baby. To me that he that he had to care for and then yeah, a little light, little white boy, she had the care for us. I thought that was I thought that was a funny moment in the in the ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with Rod, you can't tell no black woman like, nah, we ain't gonna go do that, but I do got this little baby. They gotta come with us, Like, ain't no way that you're getting that off, Like, yeah, you gotta go get the other kid too, because you got this.
Speaker 1: Little kid with you, so right off?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Should should? He was just pop Gary and just get We could have cut this episode.
Speaker 6: I was shot Gary so many times, like shoot him. I kept saying that when I was just shoot him, bro.
Speaker 1: It, this was like.
Speaker 7: When when when this whole scene was always like we did all that for what? Like he didn't just kill him all all it was was a hug, that's it. What do we need all that drama for? Yeah, So I didn't really understand the meaning of her going back and talking to Gary because this motherfucker kidnapped this boy. You ran away from from this whole thing. You know, this motherfucker's fucked up, and you're just gonna go have a conversation with him.
Speaker 2: He almost killed your husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, you know he should have just shot him just off of that kid. Yeah, because the kid, that.
Speaker 7: Kid looked like, Yeah, he definitely is a product of a bad upright, of poor upbringing, because you know, he just be oblivious to the world. He'd tell that kid to go do something, he just run off and do it like everything is as hunky door. But I can definitely tell you that sterling K. Brown At saying fuck with that kid. That kid wanted to go play on that damn swing And as soon as he walked by the swing was like bring your ass off from He was like, man, this kid he had like there are no swings in this place. He just wanted to swing. He was like, hey, man, come on, we gotta go. But you know I would have killed that motherfucker bro.
Speaker 4: In fact, I didn't care for his monologue. I didn't care for his how he ramped up like he was a really nonchalant, low talking guy. Oh, soft spoken guy. Then all of a sudden, he just getting oisterous and about to throw chairs and ship and talking about let him kill me, let him kill me.
Speaker 7: I'm like, all right, bro, yeah, and even even saying like, well you know, the one thing they taught me when I was a lifeguard is to don't trade a drowning man.
Speaker 1: So when he told that story, I was like, oh, ship, he got some ship playing like but it was no.
Speaker 7: And then when she hugged him, I was like, damn, he just told you don't try to save a drowning man, which is him, And these tears and stuff went nowhere, and I'm like, that's it.
Speaker 1: We didn't make any of that.
Speaker 3: It made for attension in the moment. You know, it was a tense moment because you didn't know, like, Okay, we're gonna shoot him, and she's gonna she's gonna try to kill her.
Speaker 1: I feel, But the resolution it was just like the payoffs.
Speaker 6: Like I was like smoking and Friday the whole time, shoot him, shoot him shooting. I was like, get the old time watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 4: I thought he was gonna have another bottom mon um as soon as she hugged it, like he took him both out.
Speaker 2: Certainly, can't looking stupid with the white boy.
Speaker 3: In the.
Speaker 6: White kids and that his wife did what he went on.
Speaker 7: Show options are insane. All these kids being white kids being put on It's so crazy. It's like the old days, Nick, Black people gotta take care of white.
Speaker 2: I ain't like that, kid. We're just over here trying to be the good Samaritan and ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it could be the other way around.
Speaker 5: I think the other way around is worse, like white saviors for black kids and stuff. So I do like that they kind of flipped it, but but no, I think ultimately it was just supposed to show just how power she was mentally right, Like like she said to him like, you know, I didn't get this. I didn't get this far for nothing, you know what I mean, I know what I'm doing, And I think he had to trust her in that moment.
Speaker 9: She ain't no ship.
Speaker 2: We saw her journey wasn't never impressing. She got the white man was trying to fix it.
Speaker 1: And Nick Spike rod she wasn't even helping around the bunker. Dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had to ask her. He was like, bro, like you're gonna be here, you gotta do something, like you can't just be here with the radio all day. Back to your husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she was like saying, what's on your mind? Say it? Say it. She was talking to the mail man.
Speaker 7: He was like, well, everybody walking around here doing some work except you. She wasn't even working early. It was like, bro, she was doing.
Speaker 2: Little White Boy how to read this ship? Don't help us?
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 7: And why did she go get him earlier? She knew he was already there. Well, I guess she had protection. Now she should have took something like you. I agree with you, cause she should have took some of them people from the train over there to go get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she didn't want she didn't want him to die. She didn't want him to die.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right right.
Speaker 6: That might have been the only way he could have got out of there alive.
Speaker 1: So they don't. So no one knows outside of him that he killed in us. That's just lit.
Speaker 4: And he told her right before he was doing his monologue like I didn't mean what to what happened in this like my bad he was prior to that.
Speaker 7: No one knew but outside of the boy. And it seemed and this seemed like he told anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. Anybody can talk about this like that.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 4: Moving on to the next episode, the penn ultimate episode, we have final Countdown.
Speaker 2: This is where we see.
Speaker 4: Ship really start getting sucked up with at least with the with the old bunker. Obviously we see savor red night with his wife and get on the train.
Speaker 3: Uh all the way.
Speaker 2: I guess they I don't know where he was that kid because they got a trade ride from.
Speaker 4: We got on the Colorado. These niggas at train just happened to go by Denver.
Speaker 2: And how did you get the train to work?
Speaker 1: What was? They got mechanics and ship out there? That was gotcha? Okay, really was a mechanic. The nurse lied about what she knew how to do. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we see Snachra talks about. Finally we get more about the secrets about Alex. I think in the last recap, I thought Alex the person technically it was, but that's not what she was talking about. What did you I think about the reveal of Alex. I started with you Rose that you were talking about it still being a machine, like just focusing on that, Well, what made it still interesting to you? Based on just focusing on that?
Speaker 5: Like I said when we first started, Like I think, as we see man fucking billionaires almost trillionaires to do whatever they can as far as technology or for as trying to you know, dude, I could totally see Elon doing some shit like this, you know what I'm saying, right right? He know a new he knows something like this apocalypse is coming. He about to see what money can buy. He's trying to go. He's gonna try to.
Speaker 3: Get the top scientists or whatever to figure out like ship. I probably can't.
Speaker 5: I could probably solved time travel like he probably think he can, like he probably absolutely think he can. So so I think, you know, I like it in a sense of, you know, billionaires almost trillionaires or whatever she is, you know, would do what they can to survive. Why wouldn't you if you didn't have that, if you had that amount of money, why wouldn't you try the most outlandist thing to do.
Speaker 1: To save your life?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So I like the reveal of this machine and then the backstory that we get on how it came to be.
Speaker 4: I thought it was cool, Yeah, was the backstory, especially with I guess now link slash. Dylan did that his specific part because we already knew about the scientists earlier on. They got took it out by Billy, But like his part of him being some random ass kid, genius, like did that land for you?
Speaker 1: Not really? I mean I was.
Speaker 7: I remember last time we talked, I was a little bit confu I didn't even know I didn't recognize him, so I was a bit confused about who he was. And then I think after the episode, I was like, oh, yeah, that was you guys had told me. But yeah, I also saw that he was the same guy that walked in. And then of course all this stuff we get later on. He wasn't random, and I think you do have random, crazy people out there. I like the fact that he was like because I do be saying the same shit you guys are talking about all this theory theoretical shit, like build the fucking shit, like, prove this shit work. But the fact that he actually built it was kind of crazy. And then the way it just evolved over time was also insane. I think that the guy should have known that when somebody give you a check that's blank, literally blank, then you can't just tell them you're gonna stop doing whatever you're doing, right, That just doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Two things.
Speaker 2: One is where mister white man got in full white man more quick. When he's seeing the device, he's all right, bro, we gonna need a patent. Everything became we.
Speaker 6: That's the tenderness dude, that's the dude from Tenderness with the real.
Speaker 2: It's that.
Speaker 4: And then like what Kim was saying was more of him going to the white woman literally looking at that now he was like, listen, I know you ain't heard.
Speaker 2: No after in your life. You need to shut this ship down.
Speaker 6: That's the funny thing about them smart people like him, like they don't understand like normal social hierarchy like you coming to tell me, like I've given you.
Speaker 2: A blank check.
Speaker 6: You've built the machine, and you're telling me it's working, but you're scared of it. Man, get the fuck out of the way. Broke care of you right now, like you you you have no more say.
Speaker 3: So with this.
Speaker 6: And I think that he thought that his moral compass was gonna be able to get him out of it, and it ain't. It ain't the world we live in, bro, And.
Speaker 1: You can't tell powerful people.
Speaker 7: You can't tell the government that you got a machine that can outthink like real time. There will find a way to weaponize that. So yeah, it makes sense. But overall, I really liked this episode and us getting a little bit more about links, seeing their working relationship, hearing the name Alex, because by now, you know, they've been talking about Alex over and over again, we ain't seen the damn person, you know, at all, So it was pretty much, you know, confirmed that Alex wasn't a real person. It's just who what the fuck was it? And it was this Ai shit and this motherfucker is just basically running shit or predicting shit. I don't know if it's running shit. So it was a really interesting backstory that's kind of taken into we're moving away from a lot of the drama sort of parts of the series into like the sci fi section of it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I didn't know that's what this show was.
Speaker 5: So it kind of caught me off guard a little bit, but no, it was fine once I stilled it into it.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: I think was about when the signist said, like he was like, the the machine gave us an answer to a to a question that.
Speaker 2: A hundred million not even that he hadn't asked, but it should have took a hundred million years yet super computers just for it to answer it. And she's like, what's wrong with that? He was like, Nigga, we just we just turned it on.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 4: That's like, that's the devil right there. That's I'm trying to tell you, hey, Rob, that's literally terminated.
Speaker 2: Ain't that house? Kind Of once it started thinking.
Speaker 7: My wife in there and and best by looking at some big ass TV saying ship you know it was no, I was like, that's the question.
Speaker 2: On your face.
Speaker 6: With y'all done the same thing, if y'all was a creative that machine with y'all been like, nah, this same because essentially that's what you created it for. You just didn't know it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: That powerful you created for. Everything is always created for.
Speaker 4: If I can control this, even when even when you have kids, yeah, this is a this would be all right experience.
Speaker 2: What's the kids start acting up and you can't control them? But shut this bit. We got to take you out.
Speaker 6: That's a good.
Speaker 4: Her Mama literally put them on forgetting there, Like, yeah, nigga, show tim, I'm taking you like when you like when you have a machine that's smart to where it's smarter than you.
Speaker 2: It depends on what type of person you are.
Speaker 1: How you deal with it.
Speaker 2: But most people are going to be like, I need to shut the ship down.
Speaker 6: It's relevant to today, man like Aiyes, a thin relevant to today.
Speaker 7: That's what they're working on their a GI ship, bro. They're they're trying to build that ship right now, you know. And and these are the stories that has been told for ship even before I was born. And now we actually had a point where the technology can get you know, probably close to it. But imagine when that ship actually fucking happens, it's gonna be fucking the same, you know. So if anything, he should have actually tried to use that to his advantage. But he's a he's a scientist that dabbled in theory, and I guess yeah, yeah, and then reality fucking hit. But if anything, like at this point, this motherfucker's super smart, you probably should have been, you know, asking it for cures to help your wife out.
Speaker 1: You know that that's what he's probably to use it for.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you're saying the Magi, the mainea genie.
Speaker 3: He should have be.
Speaker 7: Cure cure some ship, Like, give me how the fucking we cure this ship? How can we cure everything? Since you know so fucking much.
Speaker 3: Since she got your degree, the computer would have just said your wife is about to die. I know that.
Speaker 1: Everything. The computer.
Speaker 4: He's just like, you about to die, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So yeah, man, like that that's all the computer does. It just tells you like, well, this is what's gonna happen. I can't change the future. I can do what tell you? You know what I'm saying, this is what's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: Ran all the scenarios. You're about to die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy male.
Speaker 3: Let it get Tuesday over there.
Speaker 2: This motheruck on top of the world. I think she just just saw her son and ship.
Speaker 3: He said, look, you you ain't gonna You're gonna be in this room again. But the last time of the room.
Speaker 6: Buddy told her, Hey, this is the plan, but you not gonna be here, said you're gonna die.
Speaker 4: So kid, what's the first thing she did? She went right home to her Nigga's sad.
Speaker 1: He was happy to bro. He was rapping that ass and was like, I missed you. He was knot.
Speaker 2: He was beating for about.
Speaker 3: Six When he was looking, he was just like what.
Speaker 7: He wanted something so bad. He believed the ship about her. Seeing the damn kid, he's like crazy cool slide these off real quick.
Speaker 3: You're like, Okay, cool, bad, that's what's up.
Speaker 4: That's what hey, Ryan, six years or probably long since the little boy died, be he was ready many things.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, so yeah, she left over girls and everything went back to her husband.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Oh man, but Lou, I gotta ask you this, bro, because we we we see the therapist is a key focal figure in this show because they had her take out literally the biggest assassin.
Speaker 2: Of the show through a seeming bathroom.
Speaker 3: I knew she was about to do it too.
Speaker 4: I know she was, like you said, the whole we spent the whole episode of Jamie and like King, she was on her Yoda ship like once I'm locked in, I can peep ship, I can hear ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She even did it outside the bunker when she was negotiating with with with Links and them.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker get get bamboozled by a therapist.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 5: But you think about it, Bro, it makes sense. Man, she's psychological, you know what I'm saying. Like she she can think, like like she is a sleeper. She's a sleeper, man, Like you really think about it, that would be a person that can outsyche somebody, somebody that that that that knows people know, knows their moves and and how they think. And once she realized who who Jane was and how she was crazy, she was able to to to think like three steps ahead of her.
Speaker 6: See, I'm confused because I thought that that was Sinatra's girl from the beginning, and she didn't have to have those sessions with the doctor.
Speaker 2: I thought that you meant that.
Speaker 6: I thought like everybody got went through the little session things with the doctor to get into the bunker. But I thought that they said since a natural was like wanted her there, Jane, that she didn't have to talk to the psite psychiatry. So it I was confused, Like y'all are right, I agree with you. If anybody could have did it, it was her because she's gonna outthink her. But I didn't know that she had enough information to be able to do that because I think that she had sessions with her.
Speaker 3: She didn't. She didn't need her.
Speaker 5: Once she realized that okay, she killed this person, she killed that person she enticed her to kill. She basically egged her on to try to come after her, like, so she was playing this game with her the whole time she she was she was really like fucking with her.
Speaker 3: She was just like, well, I know you're coming for me, so I'm gonna be ready when you come for me.
Speaker 2: The only thing I have to say, because I'm with you.
Speaker 4: But that one scene she was in bed and then she woke up the old girl her in the head and then she was like, it's like it was just a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Like to me, I guess the show was trying to fake you out and be like she you know, yeah when she was the Hunter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it kind affect y'all out because but because like and it makes sense because at first I thought the same thing, like y'all like, no, hold on, now, she she was she was playing. She was playing her the whole time. This is what she wanted.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: That don't mean that she's not terrified and she not scared or whatever. But you know, but I think ultimately she knew how she was going to She was gonna kill her.
Speaker 7: If she didn't have that nightmare. She probably wasn't even thought about that ship. That shit scared to shoot out her so bad. She was like, I gotta take her off the book. She was shook so I'm I'm with Rod one hundred. Everything he said it made sense, Yeah, it did, it did. And Jane's the kind of person that you know we saw in the backstory. She's she's a dog that needs somebody to tell her who to go sit and and without that she's sort of lost. And that's why she needed the president around. I think she even said that herself. He was like, I'm of no value if there's nobody uh to tell me who I need to go go kill?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, that was the purpose of the backstory.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That was the purpose of the backstore.
Speaker 7: Yeap, which is why she needed the black woman around because she definitely was gonna work for that guy.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of that kid, we get into the part of this season that I felt was like, all right, bro, let's wrap up the Scooby Dooe ship where we see the President's son going up like purposely get locked up just so he can go into the ice facility prison and somehow.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't even think he knew he was going on locked door because he just knew the scientists down there build the ship, so he was just trying to see how you can just you know, fuck it up. But we see him on this mission and he runs into the black woman who framed for murder. These are the scenes right that threw me off, pissed me off because he was.
Speaker 2: Dogging her as.
Speaker 1: She said, he never mentioned you.
Speaker 2: He right, He was like, I don't know if this is like some savior step mom ship here?
Speaker 4: Oh b yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was so cold. He was so cold onto her. But nah, she has some get back though, like she really did.
Speaker 4: She can't say ship, she said, she said one nice thing, and she was just like, your father has hurt me in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Whenever purpose, you.
Speaker 3: Ain't ship like him right where she where she set that up. Man, Yeah, she was funny, but I didn't care for these scenes.
Speaker 2: I really didn't care because it didn't even mean to mount to ship because they ended up sucking up the whole thing. They'd always want the bunker blown up.
Speaker 7: Well, so I'm with you in terms of like what are we doing all of this for? So it was just like we're just here. But you see in the final episode why that was there, and you know it was it was really because this was uh yeah it was in It was in the seventh episode where they were explaining how the whole bunker worked to the studid as president and uh and what he said caveman level, so which you know, I think that helped for the viewing audience as well. So he asked a very very important question that nobody took serious because everybody was arrogant. Sinatra was arrogant, the scientist was arrogant. But he said, as slow as he may be, he said, I've been study history, and history repeats itself. And he went through the fall of all civilizations, and then he brought it to modern day civilizations.
Speaker 1: When he went to sports franchises, which after all that was dope. He was like the bulls.
Speaker 7: He said, the Bulls ayn't been to the finals since nineteen Yeah, all that shit was fucking dope. And he said, these things fall, and he asked the question that they ignore. He said, what happens if all of that ship happens at the same time. In their arrogance, they didn't think it would, but all of that shit was happening at the same damn time.
Speaker 1: That was true.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's why they were there. But outside of that, they were just there to kind of fuck the shit up. So we can get to the final episode.
Speaker 2: Again, Lou, did you like how they fucked the shit up? Like that didn't make sense?
Speaker 4: Like, imagine these two things happening at the same time, and how it would impact the bunker, making a safe place now the most dangerous place.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 6: In this world realistically, no I didn't, but for the sake of this story into moving forward, I liked it in the sense of it felt like paradise again. It wasn't no bad stories, it wasn't no character development. It's like, this is the situation, this is what's going on. How do we fix this? How do we figure it out? Which is what made last season so good, especially the episode like when everything with the ship and they had to get to the bunker. I think this was in the same not as good by any means, but in the same vein of Okay, in present day, how are we dealing with everything that's going on?
Speaker 1: I liked that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't mind it.
Speaker 4: I was more so thinking like, Okay, who's going to be taking off the board now? Because when you have like this, Granted we already knew about Sinatra, but it's like, all right, who else? Because like now it's like you mentioned little, this is like all right basically, especially with the first four episodes. Episode four ended, it's like, okay, we can do anything with any character, but nothing really happened or am I off.
Speaker 1: On that, right?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you're completely off, but I mean, I mean I think enough happened to get us where we were. Like, like I said, the setup was there as Kim was explaining that with the President, you know, we were just seeing that play out in real time. I mean, he said it for a reason, and then we saw it play out to get us to because because this place had the crumble right in order for us to go to the next thing, so this was absolutely necessary.
Speaker 3: It had to fall. It absolutely had to fall. We we didn't see how it could, but now we I mean, it played out, and I thought.
Speaker 5: It was interesting that this like militia group went in there to kind of make it fall, but then it is actually actually actually ended up saving people, so it actually ended up being a rescue mission versus like a take takeover, takedown type of situation.
Speaker 2: Kim, what is what was your thoughts on how we got out the Bucker?
Speaker 7: Episode eight, Yeah, episode Okay, I agree with you in the sense that we didn't really lose anyone significant. We thought we lost the black woman, but we saw what happened with that. The only verson we lost was what they call him, Big Poppy or whatever his name was.
Speaker 1: The white.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was the only one. Yeah, I knew he was as soon as you went there.
Speaker 1: But that was it, you know, it was it was very.
Speaker 7: Much happy ever after ending and so outside of Sinatra, but that was already predicted. And you know, I'm sitting here watching this thing, and I'm like, well, if this thing is so smart, why didn't it see all of that coming?
Speaker 1: Like it couldn't predict that.
Speaker 7: The only thing in predicted was like, yeah, Sinatra's gonna die and it's going to be the one to have to come save everything.
Speaker 1: But it couldn't see the future.
Speaker 7: And in the sense that there's gonna be a lot of internal discord and fraction that that's happening because of Sinatra and the things that she was doing. That was one of the things she told the president. She was like, not on my watch, And it absolutely happened on her watch, Like all this shit was because of everything that she was she was doing but we also saw that when she was away from the rest of the crew and the lack of leadership, that whole ship fucking fell apart. Now Cato up and that motherfucker didn't know what the fuck he was doing. The other guy didn't know what that was his real name, by the way, it.
Speaker 4: Was funny, hell Bigga's just like as soon as there was like, all right, I'll take the heat for it a bit.
Speaker 2: If things really fun up here.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 4: That was crazy, But I think especially were gonna get it to outside right, Like you're not gonna keep a whole series about how first of all, once we found out outside it's not that dangerous, then it makes you going outside. And then when we go all these backstories about people living outside and ship, and then now the bunker is in this disarray to where it's now a nuclear reaction, it's like, Okay. My thing was more about like what you said, I think you and Rod agree with. This kid, was like we could have lost.
Speaker 2: One of the kids. I can give a fuck about the sun.
Speaker 1: I spare.
Speaker 7: He had like five lines over over two seasons, nicky, because.
Speaker 4: Even even I was almost upset with the daughter earlier on in in these last four because she was over here talking ship to everybody like she was smart and she knew something, like she was gonna be Nancy Drewn to solve this whole case in the elevator, and it's like, all right, when you're getting rid of this little boy, or I thought Lynx was gonna die and sly Conger grounds would really have to raise that baby.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of things that I was thinking, like, we're gonna finally get some ship, and all we lost was Sinatra.
Speaker 2: And the and the old White Man.
Speaker 6: That's true. There weren't no stakes. I agree with you, then, I don't think that's one of the things about this season was like, well, okay, bro Jane and Sinatra, which on the surface sound like two major characters, but it's also like, yeah, I could see the story going without them too.
Speaker 3: Still alive.
Speaker 1: She got out of this show.
Speaker 3: You guys, she wasn't there. She wasn't there.
Speaker 6: I've seen the thing they wanted something laying back there. I thought, mm hm, she her.
Speaker 3: That's how they put their inflasis on it.
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell what they was doing. I thought she was still laying back there because I.
Speaker 4: Was thinking, like I was like, because I was like, who's going to be the feeling in next season because obviously Sinatras did the computer or like the supercomputer doesn't necessarily seem like it's evil because it's been trying to be helpful throughout the time. So it was like, what are we facing up against now that he gotta go to the Denver Airport and save the world.
Speaker 6: So it's just like, so that means they also gonna have to introduce someone else because Jane said it and we talked about it earlier in the episode, like she needs somebody to tell her what to do, So who's gonna be telling her what to do?
Speaker 3: Just her?
Speaker 2: At this point?
Speaker 6: She's right, I don't think I think they've established enough character in her to know the like she can't do it dolo, Like somebody gotta be telling her what to do, so somebody would have to emerge as her handwork.
Speaker 4: But her whole thing about it was like, since she needed Sinatra live to be useful, now that she's gone, she could just literally, yeah, she's just gonna wild out. She's just gonna be the person that they don't know if.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I want that to be a part of this show. I think this show is smart just to have Jane going on the Renegade Michigan season three.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't know either that's gonna be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she is, she's around because she will be the villain, but in what way I don't know. Yeah, she's not smart enough to manage the machine, right, how would she use it? Did Sinatra have somebody above her? We don't know that either. As Link's going to be the villain, he got the deal with his baby. Annie the therapist. Don't know what the fuck she's doing, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That may be that may be the twist the therapist and Jane, that may be the direction that they go, or I'll look at it.
Speaker 4: Because Sinatra gave Xavier that you car and now he has to go and finish the mission. Maybe changed her whole missions, Like I just gotta like they took away my boss, my the only person who saw something in me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna destroy this machine and he's just gonna live in the world that were in.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the other feeling in the story that I think Xavier's wife is gonna find out to be is the therapist because last time we seen her in the steamy shower, somebody was getting stabbed.
Speaker 3: She remember what she remember what?
Speaker 2: That's that she was like, that's why she popped up on her like like she did. She's like, oh damn, you came back.
Speaker 3: You alive?
Speaker 2: Okay good? He quickly said that, yeah, this is my wife. She was like, okay for now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro the way she the way she was looking like, you know, gild me more more like uh, discreet about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm surprised the wife. And because he looked at her like all right, let me go talk to this white man real.
Speaker 7: Quick, right, Yeah, he got a bout of there because he kind of stood in the back.
Speaker 1: She was out like just.
Speaker 3: Over her, my wife.
Speaker 6: This is my wife right here, like, don't get out of pocket.
Speaker 4: He was portray him a little bit last season. So don't you got a reason to like, I don't even funk with you no more.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 7: I don't think she believed. Yeah, yeah it was something that happened between them, but I can't.
Speaker 2: It's gonna come out.
Speaker 1: It was it got you know, But yeah, I hope they.
Speaker 7: Don't, but I feel you like they did it for a reason, so it could it could test their marriage. But I mean, at the end of the day, did no, you're right, man, Like this man throve a fucking plane.
Speaker 1: He never knew how to.
Speaker 2: Fly, uh.
Speaker 1: Through an ice storm.
Speaker 7: He got shot, stabbed, all kind of ship he damned there got blown up right to get back to her, so she really can't say ship.
Speaker 2: And and even at the end, I was wondering, I was like, why is he running?
Speaker 4: Like then when she hit there, and I didn't realize, like the doors were gonna be like it was that tight and it was gonna close that quick.
Speaker 2: He was gone, that nigga was gone.
Speaker 4: It was like I can't even breathe. I just kind of run and he made it through. Oh but you know, we all have dealt with black women. Some of us are married to black women on this panel. We know she gonna bring that up no matter what he did, unless he left her. For Jesus, she gonna be like, nigga, you like, I didn't even funck nobody. And he gonna be like, you mean, get.
Speaker 6: Hey, look I thought you was dead. Not even gonna be enough.
Speaker 1: Gonna right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad drill around, my kids.
Speaker 6: Gonna get out there here playing house and ship.
Speaker 2: You see how she looked at the crib when she walked in.
Speaker 1: She's like, okay, it's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she peeped all that.
Speaker 7: He just gotta he gotta stay away from it. That's all I gotta do. Just that, don't go back.
Speaker 6: You gotta tell her to talk to God. The therapist is gonna tell her, So you gotta tell her.
Speaker 1: Folks, you know.
Speaker 3: That was that was part of my treatment.
Speaker 2: That was part of my treatment.
Speaker 6: And Spike, that's when the nigga tried to get off to I was just doing therapy, man, I ain't she did, but.
Speaker 3: You know he told me that was.
Speaker 7: Oh that's what it sounded like. It sounded like cold to me. But you know I told you all, like the first thing I saw was like, I gotta learn how to disarm armed people. The second thing I learned from this show is that I need to run along this.
Speaker 1: That's not you tired me.
Speaker 4: Thinking the same thing my life shape, because you never know when you're just gonna have to run.
Speaker 2: You don't find out that you can't.
Speaker 9: You ain't got the wind for it in the wrong right right, You're just kidding me. Ship fucking man, a man way out even blue.
Speaker 1: I would made a quarter of a mile, bro.
Speaker 10: I would have got to the to the little garage park close stud the same thing, holding the.
Speaker 2: Same sat ship, go look at the windows, cares.
Speaker 1: And hold the kids. Aren't even really that.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 1: He would have been held up with his whole family.
Speaker 2: And I'm back in the gym lottle by the time to see y'all.
Speaker 3: But he was.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the nigga run that. What's the last thing you see on the TV show? Exactly? Like just off the strength without chase for them to live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was moving. He runs and all the shows that feels like, because that's all he does.
Speaker 3: He runs a lot of this is us I started it.
Speaker 2: Nick ain't gonna like this. I see the clips online like his side, I just don't care.
Speaker 3: For the rest.
Speaker 6: Yes, you will not until not until you watch it. You're gonna care about.
Speaker 2: All the mother fuckers.
Speaker 1: You're like, you be like, man.
Speaker 3: Is good?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm trying to think what else is there to talk about? But yeah, I think I think that's it. We just got the last mission. Uh, Xavier should be the final season has to go save the world by time trap somehow, some way. I'm happy that it's ending on this third season because this premise as far as going into the season is like, Okay, this is this is end the ship now see you it's estimation point.
Speaker 2: Everybody understanding this is the end of ship. Fact.
Speaker 1: I like how they.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: I just and I like how they ended it with the airport and kind of tying the conspiracy because it's a real life conspiracy theory about that statue, that blue statue that at the Diver airport. So I like how I kind of tied it into real life. Yeah, they claim it's an underground whole thing there, Like what she was explaining, Yeah, people be saying it in real life because the statue. Have you ever been to Denver, Like the statue is so random when you can fly into Denver Airport and you see that that blue statue right there, it's just so random, and people like it's it's a whole big conspiracy theory about it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look up a little Blue Boys thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's that's interesting. The only thing the only thing I got is you don't think that's really her kid?
Speaker 4: How because because there is that's because the manipulated with time. We saw it already with the message in ninety seven. Somehow, some way, I think to me, it created I don't know what it did, it mess it made it. I'm thinking it's more so it's like a very variant is called what Marvel does.
Speaker 2: It's a different time. Yeah, it's a different time out of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he somehow got into this time or it has to be like when they buried he ended up coming back to life. Because because we don't know the history of Alex. Like again, this could explain why he's so smart. Can it's like yeah or dylain, Yeah, we don't know why he's smart. It could be time to shit. Maybe the machine created him and that's how he created the machine, you know what I'm saying. Like it's kind of like a Chicken of the Egg type ship. I don't know they're gonna do something goofy with that time, That's all I know.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 7: But he is smart and just in him even as we close out asking for the pie, because the pie was able to give him intel on the different sort of things that they had down there in the building. I thought they poisoned that pie but he was like yeah, but he was tasting up. He just ran down the list of just based on that one thing what they were able to do, which I thought.
Speaker 4: I did think they poisoned it because they kept looking at the pie and I was like, all the pie you're gonna get, you gonna get a pie you white, But.
Speaker 1: And the mother motherfucker was looking at it too. He didn't even give them the motherfuckers protected. He was looking at the mother. He wanted the piece of that pie, and he died and to get a piece of that pie.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm looking forward to season three. I think stern Kate Brown is on a random run right now, like if you're going back from This is Us. He had a scene stealing. He had a really good scene in Black Panther and he kind of like helped, you know, take that movie over the top with his performance. He's been in a few movies like he and now he got a hit series under his belt where he's the lead.
Speaker 2: Have we just counted him on the list? Have we been overlooking sly k Brown?
Speaker 1: He's on a roll.
Speaker 7: I don't think we've been overlooking him up to this point, but right now he's on a roll and I think we'll start seeing more of of him. The question I've been asking myself is I wonder if he has really him and all his movies.
Speaker 2: We never see. Oh yeah, we did Season Day with a Black Husband once, but that's her worst movie.
Speaker 6: You know what's crazy is he is on a great run. I agree with you, Nick, but he played like this is Randall, Like it's the same character. He playing the same character over and over. I feel like not in.
Speaker 2: Black Panther he was he was a different character than that.
Speaker 1: And remember.
Speaker 2: American Face watched that. I ain't watched that. I have to go see that.
Speaker 4: Well, then I say, have you seen Hotel Ornaments? Like he's been in some movies that like challenged him a little bit because.
Speaker 6: I want to see that when you see this as us, that's I think that's the foundation of his actor, Like most of the roles kind of play a part in that. But I do want to see him playing the villain in this new movie that he got coming out that we watched the pre the trailer for.
Speaker 2: He played the villain in uh that movie The Fox.
Speaker 3: Bark Face.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he playing a villain in that, So I want to see how that go.
Speaker 2: Okay, and y'all.
Speaker 5: Feel about Yeah, the last thing I had was like, how did y'all feel about like basically Sinatra's redemption story, It's.
Speaker 6: Not enough to Kendrick voice. It wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: She deserved it.
Speaker 6: Thanks she got man. She was she was an evil person in my opinion, So yeah, he deserved that ship.
Speaker 2: It was it was weird how they did her, like she was just very accepting of things towards the end, like she ain't fight back, she ain't argued when when the doctor the therapist city I killed you know, your number one person. She just looked at her and said, okay, well you you go out there and be with the people. You're really good at that. And it was just kind of like yeah, okay, like where are we.
Speaker 5: Going with this?
Speaker 2: Like do you know something that clearly she was something we didn't know, but still it was just like why are you so calm and peaceful and literally this chaos bron.
Speaker 4: But I didn't find it because I knew that she was going to killing her once the machine said she was going to die, they won't have her die either, like not trying to leave the bunker or trying to save the bunker you know, like.
Speaker 2: I'm time with it star.
Speaker 11: King Brown, and he ain't say to her for really, He was like, what you doing. She was like, ill see you ladies, all right, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Saw you.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, rais no time time but yeah, that was the only other thing I had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well those are our thoughts on season two of Paradise. Please let us know what you guys think. FPS podcast is the Reddy Thread. It's also my handle for IG and Twitter and I guess we'll catch you in the third season, the final season of Paradise, when that drops, But until then we out peace.
Speaker 3: Peace,