Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast. Welcome to the Frans per Second Conversations podcast. Uh. This conversation that we're having today is about Jamie Fox, and we are doing the top Jamie Fox performances. I'm gonna go around the womb with my cast here and we'll talk about our favorite some of our favorite Jamie Fox performances. Speaking of this wonderful cast that I have here, I got Kim, I got rot Man, and I got Mike. I will start with you, Mike. I think everybody will probably will have one of the same ones. So let me just speak. I got I wrote, Okay, so it's Jamie Fox.
Speaker 2: So I wrote down a number of them because I figured there would be some overlap, so I wanted to have options. But I was really probably on the gonna mention maybe one or two.
Speaker 1: But okay, well you to But because everybody could have one, that's probably Ray, I would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Ray is probably a given, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought Ray was a given. You don't have Ray, Mike. I don't have Ray. Oh wow, crazy. I skipped over Ray because I figured that.
Speaker 2: That would definitely be mentioned. But but yeah.
Speaker 1: So we'll start with Mike. Please let us know what what you didn't have beside? I mean what you have? His eyes right, I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 3: Because my dick is definitely only two inches from the ground.
Speaker 1: You know I'm talking about. I will stick my elbow sideways up your lass.
Speaker 3: That is one of my favorite Shamie Fox performances because I do not stop laughing for a whole hour and a half. He is killing me from the second he meets them at the restaurant. I'm dying when she orders that fucking lobster. He's like, if you order that, I know I'm gonna be doing tonight. No, man, this is one of Jamie Fox's funniest performances. So that was that was a given the second you started bringing this topic up.
Speaker 1: That's funny as hell. Roight, what you got? I'm good again. I always picked it.
Speaker 4: Y'all, ain't going you don't.
Speaker 1: Like this racist? We got one with.
Speaker 2: It's been Mike and I. We've been trying to hold it down for.
Speaker 1: Years, bro, like, no stop. Jacob was so good and he was I wouldn't even click play on that new ster K Brown show because it's too close to slavery. Got I don't like slavery movies. Don't.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows that about me. But this ship was like a comedy.
Speaker 1: Almost, like a comedy about slavery. What it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah Shango.
Speaker 1: So we got and we got Booty called ken what you got? All right?
Speaker 2: So I am going to go with this is probably gonna shots, folks. This is what I thought you were gonna say until you said we didn't like Dream Worlds.
Speaker 1: Oh hell no, dream Girls, dream Girls? Yeah yeah, his performance and dream Girls. Yeah, I like this performance and dream Girls. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 4: You like, you know, like you like the movie, like I don't like the movie, Like that's the one Jimmy gott sold.
Speaker 1: Jimmy that all that ship? Yeah, I like, and it was. It was funny.
Speaker 2: He was dream and dream Girls. Of his performance and dream Girls. I did like his performance and Girls, you know. But yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I am going to go with Stephen Willie Baby any given Sunday Alpacino. Uh, they played the quarterback. You know, you're doing good playing an asshole in the film and not break the character when you get in a fight with llll cool Jay on set him telling that story. Oh my god, that's the movie any given Sunday that he got to fight with him. He played a black quarterback and came in for a veteran quarterback. Just nailed it. Of what you thought that character would be. I thought that was dope. Was it John Likeuizamo that was telling the story? I can't remember. Jamie Fox is telling it on something that I've seen never mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jamie Fox tells, I'm thinking of John Loquizamo and Stevenskall. But no, that story, Jamie Fox. I don't know if y'all have seen it. It is too It is funny because knew he was about to get his as. Yeah, Jamie Fox, he wants to go that.
Speaker 1: He didn't won't do it. He did want to smoke, but he found out really quickly that he didn't want to smoke. What you got next? My next one might be a little controversial, but collateral cool? Okay, good cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when he was on his little run, his run of like him being a good actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was proven that I'm not just a comedian and he really did his thing. I mean, as much as people make fun of Tom Cruise, which I think is whack, I think Tom Cruise is a good actor, and when you put him with Jamie Fox and it's a very serious movie, you gotta you gotta really show up.
Speaker 1: With your a game, and Jamie Fox definitely did. Yeah. Collateral is my second one. All right, right, what you got this? Uh? Players Club?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, weren't gonna be trouble. I loved him in that. Man, he was funny in that. I mean, obviously Bernie Mack was great, but is it Yeah, he was great in it, but nah, the role that Jamie played in it too, was was memorable as well. So especially amongst you know, certain certain actors and stuff, and not even being like a lead actor in it.
Speaker 1: You know, he's still but he still stood out. Was this early in his career? Players took him out in ninety eighty eight? So probably yeah, Color right after the TV show too? Right? Was that after Jimmy Fox Show? I think you're right. Was it after that? I think it was ninety eight, yeah, because I was already out of high school and ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jamie Fox Show was ninety six to two thousand and one, so it was.
Speaker 1: Around the same time time.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, yeah, so yeah, this was early Jamie Man.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he was good. I like Jamie Ken what you got.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have a second one, because once you get past the obviously, when when I was looking at this from a groom, I'm like, oh, this is this is kind of I don't know. There's a lot of them here, but uh, what about his performance in Sault? Though I like Soul, I didn't like the movie. I'm asking about his performance though it was.
Speaker 4: A goddamn cartoon. Yeah, I ain't really count because he played in Real too and strays. Yeah, well, yeah, I don't have another.
Speaker 1: Tyrone.
Speaker 4: He was good, now, That's what I was. That was my third one ahead you didn't like, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I can't remember either.
Speaker 2: We're talking about performances though, I'm just short that. I'm just short on Jamie Foxx stand out performances.
Speaker 1: Once you get.
Speaker 2: Past a lot of the mainstream ones, you guys, now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he was good and it gets looked there For me, I got long bit into this. I don't think I saw that the Spike Lee movie, yeah with him and uh citizens yeah, with Clyde Sheldon draw the guy robbing the bank.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I mean, I thought, at least I've seen all Spike Lee films.
Speaker 1: I just don't remember this one. Yeah, this is one of my favorites. Actually, when he's uh, they did something to the guy's family what's his name? Draw Butler and he sets up his whole elaborate scheme and then you find at the end the reason why he's doing it, and he walks through this monologue. I ain't gonna tell you why. He just walks through this monologue of what happens and how you got an assistant in the end, Timmy Fox, he plays the cop. Really good job. Long bide and see this all right, I'm gonna check it out. Spike Lee worries me sometimes though. Yeah, I'm scared of this new one. To me, it's a curious hour remake, which I don't know why you would ever fucking do that. And he's done remakes before and they've been bad. All right, what you got next? What is it? All right? All I had? Did you got? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I fuck with Jamie Man.
Speaker 4: I liked him in another early movie, which was Bait. I don't know if you've ever seen remember Bait was cool, like like it was like an action film or whatever.
Speaker 1: But he was really funny in it.
Speaker 4: He was really funny and bait.
Speaker 1: It's not the best.
Speaker 4: Movie in the world, but he was great. Yeah, I think so. I've watched it several times. It's uh pretty fun that you had on DVD. Yeah, yeah, he was funny. He was He was definitely funny. It's probably one of his most funny movie roles that he's played.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Nobody gonna say, Annie, I thought that was your movie, not this version, but you was gonna say.
Speaker 1: It was one of these war movies. He was really good and I just can't remember. It was called yard Head too. Yeah, he was really good. He was good in one of them. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that is, But I got to think I remember that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I knew he was inhad Yep. Well, that has been our best performances fa FAVER performances from Jamie Foxx. Thank you for tapping into the Frames per Second podcast where we are out bro