Speaker 1: Welcome everybody, uh to the Supergirl review. Shout out to everybody that hopped over from There's the my Stllon Live show. We appreciate everybody joining us for that. But yeah, we're here to talk about this Supergirl movie that just dropped, so we're gonna get into it. Shout out to Liquid Be Darkness, who just became a new members. Shout out all the new members, all the new patrons as well, you know, signing up to watch you know, the Obsession review is there and all the other stuff that we got going on for you guys with exclusive content and and whatnot. So we appreciate all the support for everything that we're doing. So if if we are good, we're not gonna hold anybody, man, We're gonna go ahead and jump into the reviews. So uh, just real quick was the sound chat Mike Spike.
Speaker 2: My chick chick.
Speaker 1: All right? All right? Uh? The column moscra is uh said he's excited for Odyssey anyway. All right, man, Supergirl, Welcome everybody to the Friends per Second podcast. Kenneth be Inch here, glad to have everybody with us. I am not alone. I have Rod here with me and sit it next to my next to me on the couch across.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh yeah, that's why he fixed it. He said, he's next to me, He's not with me.
Speaker 1: Across. That's Mike and Mike and Spike. So but yeah, man, uh Supergirl is was this big events started since last year that they were hyping up and promoting and all this other stuff. She made a little what is it, uh post credit scene or appearance at the end of the Superman movie, and uh, you know it was played by Millie at Cock her name whatever her name is from.
Speaker 3: That's what that is. I didn't realize it either.
Speaker 5: How you don't recognize her?
Speaker 1: She I knew.
Speaker 2: Record. I said she had an unforgettable So I heard that you and the thought had an unforgettable faces.
Speaker 5: I don't think she's ugly either, That's what I was like, you mean as hell.
Speaker 2: She liked the girl from uh Handmaiding too. She ain't ugly, but she.
Speaker 3: Just looked ken.
Speaker 5: Can you please get this back on track?
Speaker 1: Y'all know exactly what you you shouldn't have said, but it was probably good to get a correction because I heard what you heard.
Speaker 6: Okay, So she was the young Yeah, the young person yeah, I had a young version.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, not the older one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I had the same reaction when Nate said it.
Speaker 6: I was like, dang not she took correct not to correct, but just to clarify.
Speaker 3: Like she had a familiar looking face.
Speaker 6: I'm like, damn, cann place it. I couldn't place it. And then when Nate said, I was like, damn it, that is okay, So does she at least have a familiar face to you?
Speaker 1: I knew I recognized her, but there are a couple of other white women that looked like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know a single one, just like one of THEO that looks like her. She looks pretty unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought if I found them, I'll let you know that I'm maybe thinking about but one way or anyway. So yeah, so but yeah, stand on the stand alone film that started in twenty and eighteen as part of the dc EU. I think James Gunn was involved with this one, you know. Uh, but yeah, he came aboard in twenty twenty two and he said that he wouldn't put on anything that unless they had a great script or something like that. So yeah, so he came through and they re announced it and It follows the mini series Woman of Tomorrow that was written by Tom King, and apparently it's a really really popular Supergirl story arc that I've never read, but apparently people like it. So yeah, so uh, it's not doing so well. Really forty middle against the two hundred s two hundred dollars million budget. Yep, so forty meal global.
Speaker 5: Box office release.
Speaker 3: I didn't have any problem getting into the theater. I said that.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Han, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yep. So anyway, So before we get into it, man, let's go around the table, as we always do. I'm gonna start with you, Mike, what did you think about this movie?
Speaker 3: Mike don't like women or girls?
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, Mike, don't like women or ground.
Speaker 3: I'm gladdy.
Speaker 4: At least clarify the girl. I'm totally fine being queer. Just don't call me a PDF. So thank you for fixing that. But Nah, you get this ship. I was so disappointed. I liked Superman. Superman was so fun.
Speaker 5: This was the opposite of funny.
Speaker 4: I didn't know, no, And there's there's a main issue that I hope y'all can fix for me, But this was a huge disappointment. I don't know what they were thinking with this, and it wasn't million al cocks fault. She did a great job. It was that punk ass.
Speaker 5: Little girl I was gonna ask and the terrible.
Speaker 1: Script, Uh what did y'all think about her performance? But we can get into that after I get spiked and Rod Starks and share Man.
Speaker 3: Like this ship?
Speaker 2: Nah? I didn't. It was mid at best, and I think forty X kind of took enough out of it for me to well the mid parties, I was like, bro, why is my sheet my fucking sheeat doing all of this ship? I was expecting a little movement, but not as much as it was. I was if I if I'd have to review it, I would have left, to be honest with you, like I would want to go see another just like regular viewing of it. But again it did help because I feel like Mike's point, it was mid. The script was just the forty X kept you kind of like on your toes and paying attention to this kept me awake. I feel like I got beat up after Iah. It was like, Bro, whatn't but it's not like but it's not bad, but you definitely feel it like you've been in like a car wreck or some ship.
Speaker 4: I don't mind being sore, but that's like you saw from bad sex or something. Yeah, if it's good sex, it's like I don't mind being Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a good analogy. Actually that's what it's like. But yeah, this movie was just me and I didn't like the script this much. I think that the main lady she did a good job. She did a really good job and her character piecing together the scenes and making me care about some of the stuff, but overall it was just like, bro, get the ship out of here.
Speaker 1: It's comics that it opened lower than morebius.
Speaker 3: You lying, that's what he said.
Speaker 5: Who said that comics is lying?
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm just going about what he said.
Speaker 2: That's because it was there real, like do people want this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 5: I think after Superman, I think, well, actually I might be lying.
Speaker 1: It felt like it. It felt like it, but then it also felt like the excitement war or or off after a while, you know, and then they were just trying to get the movie out.
Speaker 6: I don't hear many people talking about Supergirl though wonder Woman, sure, but I didn't. Yeah, I never I never known her to be a comic staple like, so, yeah, I could see people not showing up for this.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know of Supergirl and that was a show, right You ever see that old super Supergirl movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they have another Supergirl movie out. Yeah, but uh and you're right about the and uh see.
Speaker 6: See you up.
Speaker 5: It's a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I never watched it though it's awful.
Speaker 1: I heard, Oh my god, awful. I hate watched it because I just can't believe it was that bad.
Speaker 6: But that's what I don't understand, like why I make it if it if it know any point, was it was a hit or anything.
Speaker 4: Because they're building up to something that what they're trying to do is make it like Marvel, and they're trying to bring in all these different characters, have them combined, like I think they're trying to do Crisis on Infinite Earth. That's what I'm expecting, is because that seems like that's their end.
Speaker 2: Game as yes, which could be dope. It could be dope if they do it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actally introducing the Supergirl character. Yeah, that that could work.
Speaker 2: A Supergirl, Superman, Batman, it's all.
Speaker 4: Everybody, and they all culminate into this big fucking series that's actually really good.
Speaker 3: But this ain't a good start.
Speaker 1: Man, Rod, did you like it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Not not No, I mean it's I mean it was cool, I guess, but nothing amazing. Like it had some cool moments, but yeah, it suffered on the writing and like it's like like I think everybody said the main actual actually she did a good job. And the girl, the girl was just too annoying, Like they made her too annoying.
Speaker 3: Like I can deal with.
Speaker 6: Annoying, but come on, man, like God, like you had you got to tell this child the same thing throughout the whole movie.
Speaker 3: Stay right here.
Speaker 5: Is old enough.
Speaker 2: This was irritating. This is irritating sixteen years old, you know she was this thing?
Speaker 1: Hmm. Yeah, I think I think right up to the Pirates, I was like, yeah, I think I'm done. I think it only had one one moment for me that I thought was cool. But outside of that, nah, I'm good on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I had to yeah, and I had to jump through loops to get to this movie, and so yeah, that that's that was annoying, that that this was the I wish I wish it would been something I would least the enjoy you know what I'm saying, to have to go through what I had to go.
Speaker 1: I did all that ship for this. Yeah, told me, man, you're gonna go right just like us. Yeah, well speaking up. So I did forty s too, and my to to your point, right, I agree with that because I in order to squeeze this movie in yeah, yeah, yeah you have Yeah, yeah, I had to go. I went four o'clock. I didn't want to do forty yet, but I had to do forty X and I just whatever times available earliest. And then I get there and these motherfuckers had me three D three D.
Speaker 2: I said the same thing, I said, why are y'all giving me three D glasses? Don't say nothing about three d's.
Speaker 4: Oh that same theater, And I was pissed. I left and I came back to a later showing because I was like, I can't do three D.
Speaker 1: It was like, if I had the time, I would have because there was a regular I'm at showing at four thirty, and I would have went to the front desk to ask if I could have they could have did something because you know, were premier, you can't cancel it, you know, whatever once the movie start, you can't cancel, so I was stuck. But also I didn't have time to do anything else, so I had to stick with what I had. But either way, I go and and three D wasn't ship. I'm wearing glasses for fucking The only thing that happened was we saw a fucking a tear drop come close to us. That No, I was like, damn, man, that's all y'all gonna give us a lot.
Speaker 3: Of emphasis on that. Damn.
Speaker 2: The preview movie with the rock was mold three D than the whole movie of Supergirl.
Speaker 1: I do not understand why Aquaman was in this movie. It's Lobo, I Doe.
Speaker 4: I think it was great A's Lobo, but he's Aquaman. But that's a different universe.
Speaker 1: Am I missing something? Clearly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a different universe.
Speaker 3: Who was Lobo?
Speaker 5: Who was Lobouck?
Speaker 4: Jason Momoa's character, the big with the motorcycle like kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, looks like kiss.
Speaker 3: You didn't.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a different Superman, right.
Speaker 1: I thought that just is a recast. But either way, they're.
Speaker 4: Trying to do the whole multiverse thing. That's why you got the different Batman's And then yeah.
Speaker 1: Doub less, Yes, I did do double glass. I just put through three D glass on my glass. I know, yeah, you know, you get used to it. But yeah, it's the only way I can watch him.
Speaker 2: But I know that my ship kept falling off in them damn seats.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Oh, well maybe she go with some glasses. It keeps them on there. Anyway, Let's let's go ahead and get through this movie. It's pretty straightforward for the most part. Uh. You know, Supergirl is traveling in the world. She's on an area that has a red sign that you know, neutralizes her power, so she can get drunk, and she's celebrating her birthday twenty third birthday at that Superman keep calling and shit like that, because you know where that she can set on Earth to ask her when she's ready to come home. We've seen hints of this in the Superman movie, but seeing the actual story of what she was doing, you know, before she got there and Crypto did any of the stuff work for you guys? Just establishing Supergirl the character of who she.
Speaker 3: Was used to be expected.
Speaker 6: We knew she came in drunk at the end of Superman, so that's how I expected this to kind of start off, so it was nothing, nothing surprising.
Speaker 1: So seeing her, you know, seeing the how she goes about getting drunk and then kind of it's okay for me, cool?
Speaker 4: What about it was essential so we understand why she can get drunk, right, because I think if they didn't establish this is a red Son blah blah blah, then when they did the other son shit later, it wouldn't have made sense.
Speaker 3: I thought they did.
Speaker 1: They said that point. Yeah, yeah, yeah, well I.
Speaker 3: Thought they said it in Superman.
Speaker 2: For some reason, she briefly hinted at it because he asked her why she was hanging out in those places. Well, it's hard to fill a buzz anywhere else, she said that.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 1: But to Mydy's point, we still needed it, you know. Uh, And it just gives context for people that didn't know that, maybe didn't watch Superman or didn't understand how it works, or you know. Now we get the story of what she was doing when we open with or ended with Superman, and then we meets everyone's favorite character, Ruthie Uh, and her family got slaughter because of this punk ass kid decided to jump out and surprised his sister and but you know, do y'all feel like that worked though? How they got slaughter work bothering him being surprised the cram being surprised that this kid jumped out. He didn't know it was a kid. He just was startled and just killed him. And then at that point, I might as well kill everybody. Or do you think that regardless of that kid jumping out, now, he was gonna kill him anyway.
Speaker 5: He wasn't kill him anyway.
Speaker 3: Why do you think that he didn't kill the girl.
Speaker 4: But you're outlining why I didn't like this movie. But he was killing people whenever he felt like it. He killed that other family later. So, but him not killing the girl was another reason I was like, this movie stupid, doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't he take if once we find out what the crew is all about? Why wouldn't he take the girl?
Speaker 2: Oh but he did?
Speaker 5: My god, Yeah we'll get to that dog.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you're talking about it now, because.
Speaker 5: I mean, unfucking nessary, I didn't even think about that. Look, so many things in this movie made absolutely no sense. You know, their whole point was that's what they do. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: So why would he kill the mom? And why would he kill the little girl. I mean, why wouldn't he take the little girl? And why would she be precious cargo later?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Makes no sense.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense. That makes oh.
Speaker 4: Man, I understand how the writers let this go.
Speaker 3: Well, see and this was.
Speaker 1: Seeing that this was part of this story arc, and I would imagine the comic has to be better because they had to adapt it to for Hollywood, Like, did they make that part make sense in the comic? And I wish I could have read it beforehand, but I didn't, but I just wanted to see if they could explain it.
Speaker 6: It was crazy, is that I had that thought when I was first watching it, when he said, I know what you're here for. You here from my weapons. But I was like, they putting a lot of emphasis on the girl, so maybe he actually here for the girl. But I didn't even think about the fact that he actually didn't take her and then later.
Speaker 3: She was just this precious cargo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only reason why I thought the emphasis was on the girl because she was gonna be a survival for revenge, you know, which is a typical movie plot line for stuff like this. But what did you guys think about crime as a villain.
Speaker 5: The biggest issue of the movie special about it.
Speaker 4: He was man, a superhero movie is only as good as its villain, and he was nothing.
Speaker 5: He was just like, I'm just doing evil shit in a Russian accent.
Speaker 2: What is this? We I don't My biggest.
Speaker 4: Problem with this film is I don't understand anybody's motivations.
Speaker 5: We haven't gotten to it.
Speaker 4: But with the dog, with all of this, I don't understand the motivation.
Speaker 5: You came to this place for these fucking swords.
Speaker 4: Cool, the dude that made the swords, who apparently can't use them, gave them to you, and you just randomly start killing people.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I need a reason for this.
Speaker 1: My thing was, but I was still trying to figure out, like, could did he even take the swords?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He had, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how she.
Speaker 1: Got the other one because I thought she she went to the bar. I thought, I was like, well, he ain't take the fucking sword. So she's sitting there with this sword giving his speech to the a bar full of thugs cars in there trying to minor own business. We know she's gonna get involved. She gets involved the feast. This guy that basically took it from her without her powers. I guess that's supposed to show she's still you know, a boss or whatever.
Speaker 5: Did that hashtag girl boss?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did that? That should show that she can still fight without the powers.
Speaker 2: And then then the dad say that there were more swords in the shad or something. Let me show you, like they were taking him to the other swords before the little boy jumped out. I thought, get ahead, gave from Maybe he took those swords from there.
Speaker 5: Okay, why couldn't this dude fight?
Speaker 1: He's just a what do they call him a sword maker?
Speaker 5: Why he should have made some fucking armor for his chest or something.
Speaker 1: Well, the mom shouldn't have been talking ship. You got your swords? Not get the fuck up out of here? Well why are you talking to crip but I'm crim We don't crim ain't ship, but I'm still crimped to y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she sounded like a typical wife.
Speaker 4: They're gonna say that, Yeah, she was some kind of person of.
Speaker 2: Color, so she just popped off.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 1: Uh, because what the last dragon?
Speaker 2: The dad exactly?
Speaker 4: The mom was talking cash ship the whole time, talking to show enough like.
Speaker 1: This, so you're right? Yeah, yeah, because she was like you're gonna do something right.
Speaker 5: It's like, man, if you don't shut your ass up, its shown up.
Speaker 3: On Chuck Taylor's right, like what the hell?
Speaker 1: And she sitting there turning the mother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, this was yeah.
Speaker 2: You the bar s ain'tdn't do. The fight was cool on the motorcycle, a little flip thing, but it was all too predictable how everything led up to stuff, even with the taking the sword from the little girl and like, okay, she's got to get involved. Now the little girls gonna see her and they're gonna be friends.
Speaker 1: Like did you guys for I don't know if this was in the trailer, but did you guys for see them? Kind of what do you go? I guess the question is what do you guys think about them? Use it as using Crypto as motivation for Kara to get involved because Crim after the girl. She say the girl, she left the girl Grim, the girl followed her to her ship, Grim stole the ship. She tries to stop her, try to stop them, Well crypto did Crypto got his ass shot.
Speaker 5: Can y'all explain this part to me?
Speaker 2: Weren't they still in her ship. Why did he shoot the dog with the with.
Speaker 3: The dark not to shoot him period, right.
Speaker 4: So nobody I was really hoping I dozed off or I looked away and I missed something.
Speaker 1: Maybe just one of the you know, maybe as a villain, he just wanted the dog to suffer.
Speaker 5: But he was coming there. I thought he was coming there to get the girl.
Speaker 1: No, I think he was just I didn't think he was going to get the girl. I thought he was just like, all, this ship is cool, there's some stuff on here.
Speaker 2: Let me just go and not to that planet. He came to that planet to get the goods with you, That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Wait, he went to the planet to get ruth I thought he was trying.
Speaker 2: To get Ruthie back. That's why the script is bad, because I thought it was for the weapons.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus christ y'all the.
Speaker 2: Weapons that he got from the Black I thought he the whole mission was premised upon I'm gonna go with these sturdy, the art, top of the line weapons from this best weapons.
Speaker 3: Because he was already at the house. Why would he leave the weapons?
Speaker 4: See, thank you, Spike. I just feel better about the fact that I'm not the only one that was confused about the motivation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think I've.
Speaker 5: Been so lost for the past two days.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I thought, I don't know why he came back to the planet, So.
Speaker 4: This is just a coincidence that he went on Supergirl's bus and Ruthie was outside, because I thought in some way he was trying to get her. And then when Crypto came running up, I was like, well, why did he shoot Crypto with that dart? I'm thinking at some point they're going to explain that he was setting a trap for Supergirl. But if he wasn't, why did they shoot the door?
Speaker 1: Why they just killed attacking him. So the dog, yeah, with.
Speaker 4: The dark with it, the antacdote around his neck. It was like, if this was all just coincidence. This is some of the worst writing in a superhero movie I've seen in.
Speaker 3: A long time.
Speaker 2: But it does seem like they left something out of something was cut because when the dog got shot to your point, the lady was explaining that they used this poison for interrogation and get information out of somebody. So he was luring super Girl into a trapped Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was out of all the ships that were there because I think it was multiple ships. He was stealing her ship, yes, and they were out playing in the field. Crypto saw it, and Crypto ran to defend the ship. Now why didn't he just shoot Crypto instead of poising him?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think maybe he just wanted the dog to suffer because he's just the fucked up individual. Then this is so gon less. It all suffered for three days. But we know that that is also just used as motivation to get Kara involved to go along in this mission. But it wasn't like I'm gonna help Ruth. It was she now has a reason to fire Krim and Ruth just happened. There is coincident and it's all just adjacent.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, dude, So he does he know that she's Supergirl or no?
Speaker 5: I guess not. Okay, So he just shot this dog.
Speaker 4: So he happened to be stealing Supergirl's ship Supergirls outside talking to Ruthie. He don't recognize Ruthie. No, he just sees this dog come running. Let me shoot this dog with a poisoned dart and let it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm evil. Right, This is awful.
Speaker 4: This went from This went from mid to awful because that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Rock.
Speaker 3: Nah. The more we talk about it is motivations and all that.
Speaker 6: Man that I didn't even think about some of that earlier stuff. But yeah, this this just doesn't ultimately make sense. I thought he was okay coming into this review, but yeah, the moment we talk about it, yeah yeah, if you really think about it, right, he ain't do ship, That's what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, Like, like he wouldn't.
Speaker 3: He wasn't.
Speaker 6: I was impressed when he when he was able to hold up that ship.
Speaker 3: That was that was all on on whatever.
Speaker 6: I was just okay, and it seemed like he was a pretty decent fighter. But he wasn't fighting anybody. He never he never fought anybody for real. Crimm talking about Krim So yeah, yeah, he just was like a like an elevated fucking mad Max villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: All this ship, right man, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's what he That's basically what he was.
Speaker 3: Him and his crew.
Speaker 1: They gave a flashback to cars origin story of creating a forest field flew off the planet. I don't need to get into what happened to the everybody knows Superman story but you know, they created the city City Argo City, but they extracted kryptonite with it poison everybody, and everybody's died. Then they sent Supergirl on. That's how she also got Crypto because Crypto was running around data. And did you guys like the backstory at all? I think there was like a saying where the mom was telling Kara, uh, she said, just be good. That doesn't mean you cannot be tough. That doesn't mean you must be nice. Just be good and do what was right, protect others who cannot protect themselves.
Speaker 3: I do like that. I did like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I like that all right, because I have to my own parenting. I have to find that balancing on how to tell, you know, yo, you know, be kind, but you know, also don't let nobody, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Push you around around.
Speaker 3: So it's a feign balance.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yeah, stand up for yourself. And I think, you know, just the point of like, you don't have to be nice. And I think that when she said you don't have to be nice, I was thinking about, like, you know, we see her, she's not like Superman. Superman is like kind and gentleman and stuff like that. She's like, she's got a meaning, folks.
Speaker 6: But what she said, she's like Superman sees the good in everyone. I see the truth in people. And I did like that monologue too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she called him young too, which I thought was interesting. She said he had a young heart and she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had another big action scene where she's on I guess, uh, some planetary uber or whatever going somewhere, and then these pirates come through.
Speaker 3: That was like a plane.
Speaker 1: That was a.
Speaker 3: Y'all look at it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so uh and the pirates come through that did y'all like this scene?
Speaker 2: I like the driver, the driver.
Speaker 3: That's what's the name of the boys? Who was it from? From super Bad and all that? Uh? What's his name? Seth Rogan? Yes, I think sounds like I can't.
Speaker 1: He said something that that made me laugh a lot. I need not remember the line when.
Speaker 2: She was like, can you get me closer to the son? He was like, yeah, if I had an engine.
Speaker 4: Or balls, that that was the only part I laughed for the whole Also, he likes Steth Brogan.
Speaker 1: No, it was so deaf.
Speaker 2: If I had engines, he was good.
Speaker 3: He was like a charming character.
Speaker 2: Like it reminded me of like the monkey and whatever it was we seen that was played by the famous film dude.
Speaker 3: Famous film.
Speaker 5: Do you know that guy has he has two eyes?
Speaker 1: A couple of years I believe who was the movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I said, the other one.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry I missed that part that Mando.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it reminded me a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: Was funny engine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Because then at this point, Ruth is right along with her ass. I don't know why she couldn't shake this damning girl, but.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind this scene.
Speaker 2: And the little girl was useless too, like just in the way, just in the way, can I thought.
Speaker 3: At some point, yea, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 6: I thought this one was probably one of the stronger scenes in the movie.
Speaker 3: I like what they were doing with.
Speaker 6: The teleportation stuff, like her getting the energy from the sun, the little the little character or whatever. Like, I feel like this particular sequence had had more of a entertaining value to.
Speaker 2: This felt like a superhero movie. Yeah, the rest of this one, this part right here, feel like the real superhero movie. I thought at this one, I was like, Okay, it's gonna get good.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was. I thought it was did you like did you like the scene?
Speaker 1: Though not really. I think I think I was starting to become annoyed. I felt like they were trying to force feed us, like these moments, yeah, these row moments. You know again, they're showing that she can still fight in a weakened state, that she's smart enough to or creative enough, like to use the teleportation device and stuff like that. I thought the action scene was fine, and I think, you know, I think they tried to have some comedian elements when she's trying to put on the suit and then she was like oh oh, and then she went out but we knew where it was going and she got the sun and turn around poles like this.
Speaker 2: What I will say for those moments in the theater that I was in, they would they appreciate it, like you go to South late like they was, yeah, girl, all right, and then it was a standing ovation. I couldn't believe a standing ovation when it ended like kosity and people was like yeah, yeah, they like it's almost over. And when she came, like when she was getting hit a little bit, when she was down on the playing with the doual moons or whatever, and when she did the little rise up thing again. They got hype. That was the second time she did that wave. They was hYP thats you go girl.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but anyway, she interrogated them with the with the heat vision cutting her hair, uh, which you know, he look cool. But they told her that she was interrogating.
Speaker 5: The pirates and she cut her hair with it.
Speaker 3: Oh, she was cutting her hair.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't notice that.
Speaker 2: I thought you just shoot the seat she was.
Speaker 3: But then it was kind of burning her hair out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a cool detail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty cool. But that's when she found out that the Sclaring and Raiders, Well, she was shaking down the Slaring Raiders and that's what she found out that she can go to the planet Blickus for more information, and they discovered the brigands have been kidnapping young women to force them in the marriage.
Speaker 2: So, uh, just like the one.
Speaker 4: They left, why even go here if you're not gonna go here, Why even lightly bring up human trafficking if you're not gonna go there. What they're kidnapping women and we assume they're graping them to further along.
Speaker 5: Their their race. This is pretty dark. This was not the movie for that.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, and I guess they were trying to do this because like, oh, men are doing this fucked up thing and it's men and it's an all male race, so let's get these two women, these bad bitches, to take it out.
Speaker 5: And it's like, dog, it was all that. Couldn't you do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Remember the conversation they had so on your planet, you're you're he's he's what Superman.
Speaker 5: And you're not super Yeah?
Speaker 1: Supergirl? Are you not Superwoman?
Speaker 5: Oh it's a fair question. Just not.
Speaker 1: It's very just not.
Speaker 2: In this trash movie.
Speaker 1: We probably have asked us that question too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's her point, because isn't she older?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was that was the point.
Speaker 2: It was like, she's twenty three thirty, she said, No, I thought she said. She said, he has a younger heart.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, her heart, but he's older than her.
Speaker 5: He's older than her.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but either way, I go. But this is when we get Lobo Lobos in there, played by Jason Moore.
Speaker 3: I do like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best part of the movie.
Speaker 1: He said he was a I know, I said, Uh, I forgot what I said, but I didn't say, I think said he's chaotic. Ok, yeah, that was probably chaotic. Yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Like Jason Moore playing Lobo Man. He did a good job.
Speaker 1: He was good.
Speaker 5: You like him, Yeah, he was fine, He was fine, but he didn't do enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm just I.
Speaker 6: Know, I know Jalen likes likes him in these in these roles. I'm almost kind of tired of.
Speaker 3: Seeing him in these roles.
Speaker 5: Get I get, I don't know, apparently.
Speaker 2: Ready to see him and your master.
Speaker 6: I don't know, like that was my introduction to him. My introduction to him was right, was he's a wrestler.
Speaker 5: Wrestler, he just looks like a wrestler. Don't about the.
Speaker 1: Rock because I did that.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about what I'm talking about the mistakes Game of Thrones. That's the dude from Game of Thrones, right, yeah, that's what that's you sure was, That's how I knew him.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you were clown and rod in reality you should.
Speaker 2: Have a dramatic because he was good, right.
Speaker 1: The ladies loved him in Game of Throw.
Speaker 5: Then when he was tearing poor little Calisiu man, that scene was classic.
Speaker 3: You my son and stars you my right.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about when he had her bent over what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: You do like you? My son.
Speaker 1: Off the thaw was love.
Speaker 2: She had a little tweet bird. He was done.
Speaker 1: But Lobo was actually, uh he was. He was in the original World World of Tomorrow comic h But I think when they were doing this time King cut him from the final version when they and this is what I read when they realized the structure wasn't working for the film, but Gun and Saffron asked the right her to bring him back for the movies.
Speaker 4: They needed some help. They're like, Yo, this movie sucks. What can we do. Let's get Jason because everybody loves him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So a local couple of on the planet, Bomar and Marek, tried to trade trade a drug Supergirl and trade her and Ruthie to the brig.
Speaker 5: I didn't like this.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. It's about racist.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Wait, I hate to be that guy.
Speaker 4: I was like, why you find the black slaves and they're the ones who sell everybody out.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose. I know it's me. I know, factually, it's just me.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Fact semi factually, but I'm on my rod ship Rode's racism and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm with him this time, I was like, and it was so it was the only issue I had where I felt little icky was when Krim killed them. Yes, I didn't like that at all, and I don't I don't even know who to blame, spike h. I don't know if it's rude fault. I don't know if it's Supergirl not getting there.
Speaker 5: No, she got there.
Speaker 4: She stopped Ruthie from killing her, killing her, which made no sense. If Ruthie kills him, the movie's done, you get your antidote and we're good.
Speaker 5: I was like, why did she tackle her like that?
Speaker 4: You could have you could have blew her away and then went and fucking took care of this man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was trying to act like that whole Now I didn't like that hole you don't just you shouldn't go after revenge thing like I did, and then especially how it ended with her doing what the girl was going to do, Like, I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 1: But but drum Yeah, so Lobo's there to get drawn Bratson. So anyway, so she does the drugging thing, which she has the powers. How were you able to drug Supergirl? That's a great question, but still like it right, no, no, So that was an issue for me. But again, it.
Speaker 2: Didn't stop her powers. Feel bad, It.
Speaker 6: Just made her feel sick because like that's what they were like, wondering why she wasn't paralyzed.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to paralyze her.
Speaker 4: Oh but remember like they can't drink alcohol on a regular Sun planet because their metabolism is so high, So wouldn't their metabolism just kind of knock this poison out.
Speaker 5: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to paralyze her, and all it did was make her feel a little wobbly.
Speaker 3: And throw up and made her feel sick.
Speaker 4: I would have felt bad if krypt Knite was already a thing and they made some kind of liquid kryptonite ship, because Kram already had kryptonite. So I would have liked it better if they were just like, oh, we put kryptite in your drink. Fine, cool, I can roll with that, But you put fucking you roofed her seriously in this kind of movie, which leads me.
Speaker 2: To you're responsible. Uh, And it was so obvious the whole way like you could tell to turn on.
Speaker 3: There was no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no subtlery, no tension. It was like, okay they from the definitely turner in for something.
Speaker 5: The second I saw that, brother, I was like, oh, he's turn on the effects.
Speaker 1: What you gotta think about this fight? So it was a big ass fight. This was like the second big fight in this movie or maybe yeah, what you gotta think about this because we got to see Lobo in action, Supergirl in action, all the girls running trying to escape and ship like that.
Speaker 2: It was too much in forty X Can you went to forty X two then, yeah, it was too much.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 2: I had a hard time like even paying attention. Bro, that was crazy, too much for you to him?
Speaker 1: It was too much, Like I might be over it already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was crazy. Like people in there were like god, damn, it was a black U. So people was in there like, oh, I want to they got carried away, bro.
Speaker 5: That they're gonna take it out before I get to experience.
Speaker 1: Might want to take it out because I think it's some people hurt my elbow because in the seat song half padding on it, I.
Speaker 2: Was I thought I was. I thought it was just like a little shaking check.
Speaker 3: I was in the air ship. It's not just shake.
Speaker 2: The ship that was in my pocket was in the eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's bro.
Speaker 1: My phone and my keys I had to check. I was like, all.
Speaker 2: My ship just laying out. I was like, man, this ship too much.
Speaker 1: Bro, God, damn, I'm telling you that. It's just season.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell y'all, it's not just a chair ship going in there, going to sleep.
Speaker 1: They have to re calibrate that ship.
Speaker 2: They got too much. Like you had a braw seat belt.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 3: They don't have seat belt. It is wild.
Speaker 1: They don't you Oh my god, you're physically moved like you're all over then.
Speaker 2: Like like why would you.
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 5: You like people in general.
Speaker 3: Like experience.
Speaker 5: I don't need all that have an imagination. I'm good I do to.
Speaker 6: It worked for Hi Man though, like he Man, I feel like it worked for Toy story Man and Laurian definitely. But I can imagine this movie here. You know, it was probably just annoying. Yeah that's funny.
Speaker 5: It's probably I think it's probably good with movies you like, or just month that don't don't have to just have that much stuff like not this much. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, talk about you gotta try it.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 5: I wish, I really wish.
Speaker 3: You would have made the Mandalorian one.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna see it again, so they mean they could use the money.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, so I'm after this movie. I'm like nah, nah, because I didn't want to go see it in forty yet this is the one that'll do you Like. I was like, hell no, they can keep this shit. But yeah, you know, more action to Supergirl doing Supergirl stuff again. I just didn't like them killing the Black family. Her stupid ass get off the plane. She get off this damn ship, and she decided to just run in the opposite direction to everybody else, just the.
Speaker 3: Way he enjoyed it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Rufe's stupid ass never fucking listening. Stay here, don't move, she ain't gonna listen.
Speaker 5: Look, Rob Costa made a good point.
Speaker 4: He's like, she's acting like every kid in every other movie.
Speaker 5: But that is my actual problem.
Speaker 4: Like this is getting tired where every time you bring some kid into a film, they always act like this, just overly defiant, and it gets to the point.
Speaker 2: Where it's like, this is like your hindrance to.
Speaker 5: It's an annoying trope at this point.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Uh So after all that, I think the Supergirl pissed at her and she leaves, and uh, she goes to seek Uh she she tracked down somebody.
Speaker 3: Oh she tragged on one of the guys.
Speaker 1: That was that was snitching, and uh she ends up on a planet that just happens to have a green sun and a yellow son. Apparently now they know that she's Supergirl, even though she's not wearing a costume. So apparently they know that she's from Kryptonite, even though Krypton is destroyed. Apparently they know all these things about her. I don't know, That's what.
Speaker 2: I would like to know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I missed something.
Speaker 6: And how does he know to make a crypt Krypton a crypt Yeah, Krypton.
Speaker 2: And all the stuff that she was doing. It's only been a day. That's the part that God said he been working on it forever.
Speaker 5: But for why he did say that he didn't make it?
Speaker 2: Like why though, who is this girl?
Speaker 5: That's why? To answer? Uh, Guadaloupe and Rob who thought I was nuts?
Speaker 4: That's why I thought they were implying that he was coming there specifically to fuck with Supergirl and Ruthie, because he said, I've been making these things for a minute. Well, why would you be doing that if, like, just in case you hit Supergirl.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: And this was what I wanted to write. Make sure I write it down so I won't forget. We go back to the poisoning. Wait, if if you knew that you wanted to get Supergirl in cars that she and ruth and she was there, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, but they're saying he wasn't.
Speaker 4: They're saying he was just there and it was just a random coincidence that he stumbled into Supergirl's ship.
Speaker 1: Well, I was talking about like when Rob was saying, uh, why didn't he just use or one of you guys saying, why didn't he just use kryptonite to poison her instead of this poison that he had, because yeah, because he had to give to the couple the poison to put in the milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was like, I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: He was mad that they that she.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so I'm gonna shoot him the bell. Maybe he thought that would work and then didn't see it worked. And then it was like, all right, well, I gotta go to the next level of us.
Speaker 4: Must be Supergirl, right, she must be from Krypton because the poison didn't work.
Speaker 5: This this just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she saved again and this other part didn't make sense. So she comes off the house, she's all breathing, she falls out, and then they just leave her there, and Ruth asked in the cargo bay, drags her off, But if you took her to the planet, dropped her there, why didn't the brigands come get her.
Speaker 2: And acted like they know what she was when they seen a little girl? Tell us where bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do y'all not know what she is?
Speaker 1: So that was confusing. Uh, she's having dreams and shit. And then Ruth is captured. Lobo is just sitting in there for whatever damn reason, talking about that he's there, you know, without a plan or something like that. I guess the plan was rude to get out.
Speaker 2: Why didn't she know that? Like she seemed pretty well aware of what type of sun that all the planets had, Like, why didn't she know going into it? Like she purposely went to the Red planets to drink she knew what a yellow planet was so she can repower. She didn't say, oh, this is a dual planet, a dual sun planet. I can't really go here without this. That and the third like.
Speaker 4: No, no, you might hit a certain part of Atlanta and not realize that all them young WANs, Yeah, part.
Speaker 2: Of the belt line exactly.
Speaker 1: That ship whooped her, it was it.
Speaker 4: I do agree with Spike or whoever said this. It was kind of weird that the bus got there. She had enough time to get out there pass out, and the bus was like, all right, cool piece and just left. Nobody on the bus was like, wait a minute, damn, the little blonde, white girl just passed out.
Speaker 1: But they were taking her there because she said, take me where the Briggins.
Speaker 4: Are, right, So I guess, okay, so they knew the Brigins were there. They're probably just like, we're leaving. We're not getting out to help her because the Brigands are here.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: But then if they were expecting her, they should have been.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think maybe we're asking too many questions.
Speaker 3: Why would the.
Speaker 5: Briggins be expecting her.
Speaker 2: Because the people that dropped her off, I feel like InKo, that's what I feel I.
Speaker 1: Felt because they were the ones that told they were that whoever she caught the ride with, they were the ones that was talking to the black couple. Supergirls saw them talking to them. That's how she knew after the big fight to go to them to get information from them because she was pissed. And then they said, oh yeah, all right, fine, we know where they are and we'll take you there. But it's like they intentionally took her there because they had a green sun and left her there. But apparently they didn't radio ahead to let the brigands know that we're about to drop her off and she's going to be in the spot you can come grab her. And they didn't know that, which is fine. They didn't know Ruth was in the cargo and that you know, she saved her. But then Ruth decided to go get some water and she got captured. The lady next to me jumped when that guy came over. Oh my god, which part remember when Ruth was getting the water and the guy jumped up. Man I saw, I went, I watched Levinegus have you seen it yet?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: This this couple, this, these girls next to me, they were jumping.
Speaker 3: Through our dogs.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get I'm gonna get around to it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but yeah, so Ruth is captured. She tricks the guard into getting out. I don't know how she was jumping up to get in the ceiling to run through the vents. Y'all know how she did that? No idea, y'all know how quiet she was able to do that? Okay, all right, anyway, how did she even?
Speaker 2: How she even whooped the guard?
Speaker 4: Is she jumped on that seemed like kind of because he fell and he hit his face.
Speaker 1: On the Yeah, and the arrows have poison tips. I don't know if he hit that, but either yeah, the spikes. But nevertheless, so this is basically a big final battle scene. The girls are in there, They recapture all the girls, Ruth is out, and Supergirl, the sun flips, the planet flips, Yellow Son comes up, She gets her powers. She goes to try to kill crim again. Kriam was about to kill her, and then here come Superman. She was like, yeah, you better make it quick, and then she looks over and then Supergirl hit that Poles rode again.
Speaker 3: He did that. They overdid that.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm sorry, I'm confused about the party.
Speaker 4: You said that that the black people were talking to the person that was riding that was driving the bus.
Speaker 2: I don't know the first bus the second bus to drop Supergirl off.
Speaker 4: I thought Supergirl went back and interrogated that one little skinny alien, the one that like whis Kali should do? Okay, So what so she was talking to him, she was talking to him.
Speaker 5: How was he tied with the bus?
Speaker 1: I think they just called it a bus.
Speaker 5: Well, how was he tied with that ship at all?
Speaker 2: The ship that dropped off on the planet.
Speaker 5: Yes, how was the Whiskalifa alien tied to that ship?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I thought y'all knew, okay.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, he was information the family was getting. She saw him talking.
Speaker 6: That's how she knew to go to him, because she saw him right talking to the dad earlier.
Speaker 2: Right. I got that part.
Speaker 5: I just didn't understand how that connected to the to the ship ship was in on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I said it would make sense that the ship would be on it, because I'm just trying to make sense of him dropping her off of this planet that's green and leaving gotcha.
Speaker 5: I thought, y'all caught something.
Speaker 1: I thought that because I was I was like how's she going to get out of this situation? I thought when when they got there, they were setting a trap for her. And when he dropped off on the planet it turned green. She fell down, crim and the brigands were gonna come there and grab and she was going to be trapped. That's what I thought was gonna happen. That's not why. So yeah, but and that was then I started asking the questions about why did any of that stuff happen? But but anyway, if I don't fight, seeing any you know, Bruce out there fighting with the everybody logo.
Speaker 3: She was just looking and staring right.
Speaker 1: Well she did getting knocked off the ship and then shipped to hold on.
Speaker 3: I ain't strong, but yeah, she held on for longest.
Speaker 6: That got brilliant and his damn sword. You ain't doing ship with this sword. You just hold it on to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought that was she was gonna wield it or something, because they kept making it sound when when she would pull it out, I was like, Okay, maybe maybe something's gonna maybe it's something special about the sword, and it was nothing.
Speaker 3: Yep, M agree, percent ain't get to use it.
Speaker 5: This is get in the foot.
Speaker 1: Remember, Yeah, this is where I felt like, I think Lobo is doing this chain thing was cool. When I thought that was cool when it was riding around the bike the fucking.
Speaker 3: Seats with shaving all that ship, She's the fun.
Speaker 1: And then uh so I thought that that was cool. You know, Lobo had a couple of good moments. Uh what else? Uh Supergirl was kicking a little bit of ass, you know here and there, but it was more off the when she when they got off the ship, when the ship crashed, there was another part. I think Rod This is where I felt Krim was the most disposed because when he I'm with you, when he stopped that ship with one arm, when I think Lobo threw it on him or whatever, I was like, Oh, this motherfucker batter than something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something we don't know, but yeah, wasn't anything.
Speaker 2: We never showed it again. No, no, what happened because all.
Speaker 1: He did was do the little dance ship and whatever he did when he was talking to Supergirl and just trying to talk. You know how people when these actors try to give these of like I'm a crazy psychotist sort of villain persona to him. That's what he was doing.
Speaker 3: But he didn't even really fight her.
Speaker 1: He just shot her with the shot her with the shot her with the arrows, and then that was it. They didn't even really fight.
Speaker 2: Why didn't them arrows they when they're supposed to be more effective? Jesus, Like, how did she just get over there?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Five arrows shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just draped She didn't even go in for the kill shot.
Speaker 4: And it's like, bro, we just saw this though, We just saw her suffering from the Green Planet, and five minutes later, you're doing this all over again.
Speaker 5: I don't understand what. I just don't understand what happened here man.
Speaker 1: And then he gets knocked off. So now Ray he's on the damn chain with with Ruth and Superman and Lobo about the handling work. The ship crash and she drops crashed with it, and again he's walking up to her about the killer and here go super Girl and y'all tell me if I'm tripping. But when she was slamming him on the ground, did that not see remind y'all of the Hulk when he did that?
Speaker 4: Oh, when she was flipping him over? Yeah it didn't until you just said it.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about it until later because I did like that because she was sucking.
Speaker 2: His Somebody said it in my movie Hulk Smash. Oh, somebody yelled it out.
Speaker 4: Someone said my movie the same. They said, oh, smash, And I was like, that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: Did him like dirty bro? I did. This was one of the scenes I did, like she was at this point pissed. She was boom. People were laughing and shit like that, Like god damn. But then after the movie, I was like, dangn what I've just seen that before.
Speaker 5: I didn't think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was more so it's like crim is so strong, that's all you had to do to take him.
Speaker 1: Out, and he didn't get up from the rest of the movie.
Speaker 5: All didn't laid down for the long ass time. I am conscious he's probably looking up her skirt, just conscious.
Speaker 3: I did like when she finally put the Supergirl out, it looked good. Yeah, that was fine.
Speaker 6: I was wondering, like, she's just gonna be fighting regulars closed this whole time and this handcock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When the ship crashed and she started fighting the rest of the crew, the pirates or whatever they are, the mad mass people, she was sucking them up though.
Speaker 3: Oh ship he was drunk.
Speaker 5: He was drying all the time in that same trench coat.
Speaker 6: They just they stole this whole this on handcock.
Speaker 3: He was drunk. Oh yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But anyway, Yeah, she was sucking them up. Oh. She had another iconic heroic scene when she saved the girls the roads.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, then they saved Why would she acting like that was so hard?
Speaker 2: That's super good?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Maybe the poison.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'll give you that.
Speaker 5: That's that's fair.
Speaker 1: When she went in and the one of the ships or the terrain vehicles, the land terrain vehicles or whatever was coming down and she's gonna hit and she's in there like this, struggling, Yeah, yeah, that's a get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: But now I thought when she got on the planet or on the ground, I thought this was cool. You know, the way she was punching them. I thought they did the action really really good. I think the thing that confused the ship out of me m Spike roding Mike. When she spent this whole damn movie telling Rufe, don't kill this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Revenge isn't worth it. And she killed this motherfucker. I ain't a problem with that.
Speaker 2: Why she didn't just let the little girl get her.
Speaker 4: Revenge, because she was telling the little girl that she didn't want it to fuck her life up.
Speaker 5: It wasn't it might have.
Speaker 4: I felt like she was saying that because she personally knew how taking vengeance on someone affects you.
Speaker 5: My only issue with it is they never explained it.
Speaker 4: Like I thought at some point they were gonna get have a flashback where somebody did something in her past and she killed that person and that's why she's always drinking and she's sad. But they never connected that part. But while we've been saying here talking, I did just read that there was twenty five minutes cut from this movie. So that might explain why none of this shit makes any fucking sense.
Speaker 1: So it was some gaps.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's the fact that I just saw that and they said twenty five full minutes was cut from this film.
Speaker 3: I'm not confident that that would have added more to the movie. Honestly, it might have something we had.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't have made it better, man, it might have still been trash.
Speaker 1: Well, we're asking questions about stuff that may have been in the twenty five minute. Yeah, you know, to Mike's point, it wouldn't have made it any better, probably, but we wont less gripes or a couple of less gripes. But and maybe it was why she was trying to tell that girl not to kill you know, they do that to kids and people all time, Oh, to mess you up and stuff like that. My parents are dead. This is the person that killed them. So if I'm messed up, fine, but you don't know that something. You have no idea how it's gonna impact me. I might sleep fine, I might sleep better facts, you know, and.
Speaker 4: This person doesn't deserve to live. They killed my whole family and they killed that other family.
Speaker 1: Of these people, and that's why she killed crim because of that, so she enacted this vengeance. She crossed the line that we normally don't see, supers Dude. It'll be interesting if that becomes this sort of moral conflict between her and Superman later on, if they play on it. But if she just kills this person, there's nothing that come out of it. And Mike, like you said, if we don't see her having done this before, because Spike, she didn't think twice about it, and she didn't care.
Speaker 5: That she did it.
Speaker 2: She stabbed them twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then just walked off. Was like, all right, cool, you want to go help me celebrate my birthday?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 2: If you well your aunt still, if you can't care, if you stay out late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was that was the movie.
Speaker 4: Oh god, we can't believe this. We gave y'all such a setup with Superman. Yeah, how did you fumble this quickly? His James Gun shouldn't have let this other dude do the movie.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask this other dude done it.
Speaker 1: I think these are their I think both the writers. This is the writer's first time. And I feel like I've seen Chris guillipy. I think that's the I think I've seen his name before, but I do not know. I think I also thought I read somewhere that this is the first time doing both of this directing and writing. So I don't know. But I think there were mobies but and and I think the thing is like I forgot what. Anyway, she gets the poison, go back and Crypto save. She goes back to yeah with the antidote, uh so, and she goes back and has a little powwow with Superman.
Speaker 2: Did y'all did y'all think that was funny? Dog, I'm not understanding anything he was saying, Oh.
Speaker 1: When she first landed the planet, No, because he kept talking to her like she did. Yeah, but yeah, so yeah, she go back to Earth and she, you know, has a conversation with Superman.
Speaker 3: Anything from this, I was glad it was over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did not care at all.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, it felt meaningless.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was. It was a very like luster closing.
Speaker 4: It felt like a bad after credit scene that they just put into the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, because it didn't. It didn't serve any purpose.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't let you know like Supergirl would be back. It didn't let you know like, oh, there's a big ad coming up anything that.
Speaker 6: I guess she's looking to stay on Metropolis as a home. So that they did, I guess that's the only thing it really established. But yeah, other than that, like I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Because they said didn't. Superman said I could have used your help with this guy. What was her response. I don't think she said anything. She's like, she said, we don't even know do we know the guy?
Speaker 6: Some like Luthor, Oh, that's what he's gotta be because he defeated him.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was the guy your help I.
Speaker 3: Could yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What No, I was just wondering where in the timeline of all this does that does it fit?
Speaker 5: I mean, this is definitely after Superman a while, I mean while.
Speaker 1: So we're seeing the adventure that she went on. So she went on all this adventure, and then the conversation they're having is.
Speaker 2: I think her adventure in Lex Luthor's fight is going on at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, so she came drunk to see Superman at the end of Superman, Yes, left to starts and then so, yeah, that's another guy she had just finished in the movie. He had just defeated Superman. We don't know who the guy.
Speaker 3: Is, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear what you're saying, though, huh.
Speaker 4: Unless I'm wrong, Unless this movie took place before Superman and what we're seeing, no, because she would have been on Earth because she said I'm in to stay in Metropolis, So during Superman she would have been on Earth. So this movie that we're seeing must have happened after Superman. You're all right, So I don't know who the fuck Superman is talking about.
Speaker 6: She had got her dog back, so she continued partying after she got the dog back, because what's the.
Speaker 3: Point of her having him babysit the dog?
Speaker 2: She going out doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you still end up doing the.
Speaker 4: Same, right, So this movie is so like I thought of the movie was, this movie is after.
Speaker 5: What happened in super.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, she went and got the doll left and then all and.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, then all this happened. But you're making a good pointment, you say, there must be used she was gone, Yeah, it wouldn't, but it wouldn't have been like lub right, So yeah, you're you're right, You're right, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I did like when he said, You're like, yeah, I'm just stay here with you.
Speaker 3: Crypto back what about him?
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, Yeah, Crypto pissed on the paper that had him like has some man, Yeah, defeating Lex Luthor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that just could be them just being like, oh, you know, there's a lot of between.
Speaker 1: The events of the first.
Speaker 2: Movie in between.
Speaker 4: In between, but what's the what's the other part Superman and the right right, So it's after Supergirl is after Superman. So again, what y'all are saying? You're you're right, There must have been another guy. Couldn't have been talking about Lex Luthor. It wouldn't have made sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, well let's get to these super chats.
Speaker 3: Super chats.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let it you know, I know you guys have been chatting it up. If you guys have listened to this after the live on the audio feed, leave a comment on Spotify, uh, you know, hit us up on the reddit. Let us know what you guys think about it. I know they've already been talking about on the subreddit and stuff like that. So check us out on Patreon and until next time, we out peace,