Speaker 1: From the ZDM podcast network.
Speaker 2: This is for the flee Haley's Big Pod thanks to animates making happy cabin for pets.
Speaker 3: Ms.
Speaker 1: Fleech, Vorn and Helen.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, Good morning, Happy Thursday. Welcome to the show. Fletch, Vawn and Haley Sheld. Secret sound is at forty thousand dollars. Had a jackpoint yesterday. That's right at eight o'clock, so forty thousand dollars. If you think you know the secret sound, be listening at seven and eight for the next activators.
Speaker 4: I wonder if anyone anyone's guessed, you know, like in the text machine or on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they've got it right.
Speaker 2: Well, first person wins a cash prize some day, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but they've got to get through. They've got to get through on the phone lines.
Speaker 3: That's the hard there.
Speaker 2: Well, seven o'clock your next chance, the Top six soon, yep, let me see what that's gonna be. How can you forget you literally wrote it, yes, today.
Speaker 3: You just said it as well just before.
Speaker 2: Noted you did, and I know that was Carwen said it. Top six challenges based in the fruit and veggie growers. There's been a get together. Okay, little did you grow your little hooey before all the doey, before the dot, because actually, I will take this moment. Actually I at an online shop and he's upset about something, and they said telegraph cucumbers two dollars, and I thought that's pretty good. Yeap, I wouldn't. I don't buy a cucumbers. I don't. I don't mess with cucumbers ever. It's a waste of time, vegetable.
Speaker 3: I wish they got you. I wish they did half ones.
Speaker 2: My kids love cucumbers, so like, I'm like, two dollars, it's the return of the telegraph cucumber and the affordable season. Dude. I picked them up. They were peckles, like it was tiny, Like do you think the person packing the vegetables didn't know what a cucumber was?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is just they must have had these winter, these little spurty Oh right, my little embarrassing cucumbers. Right, teach you for being lazy going to the supermarket. Yees see that two dollars for a reason? Yeah, walk in it. Yeah. Well, there was a convention in the capital Attack of the Big the big challenges of the sector of fruit and beach. They've got the top six biggest challenges facing fruit and bench. Well, I hope Bigger Cucumbers is on yourus. Oh bloody hell, you're obviously right up about it and they place the wrap.
Speaker 3: I hate that. Yeah. Next on the show, let's talk about those viral ice creams everyone's buying. They look like a big tongue.
Speaker 2: You will not do they get recalled last week? Some of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of them did because the little.
Speaker 2: One got recalled because it had a dear in that hadn't been like laybated. Oh right, but it's an ice cream.
Speaker 4: Right, So well one dei Ower is pretty stoked about these things, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Next play z ms Fleashboorne and Haley.
Speaker 4: Why have I not tried one of these fruit A ice creams yet? And I say that I'm not. I'm not putting the spin on it. If are U I t A E.
Speaker 2: These are the viral ice creams you would talk about the Yeah we were all trittle. Six flavors?
Speaker 3: Have you all six? Are you into six flavors?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: They went there. They're like on an online TikTok woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was an a element to it like they looked like the flavor. So the grape flavor looks like the shape of a bunch of grapes. The lemon looks like a lemon. The mango looks like a mango snarsberry and the outside is like a hard shell. So you like bite through that. Yeah, get the ice cream.
Speaker 3: Well, everyone's been going crazy for them on the top top.
Speaker 2: Are they're imported?
Speaker 3: Like yes, yeah, most of the Asians as yeah, yeah, right, Okay, So there was a christ Church dairy owner, John Patel, he just before things were going absolutely crazy on TikTok with these. He is a dairyan Richmond and christ Church.
Speaker 4: He got a whole bunch of imported like two hundred boxes of them, which has twelve ice creams per box. He got them in and then this New Zealand TikToker made them go like crazy. Yeah here and in one day he sold twenty thousand dollars worth of these ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, there was a thing. They literally, yeah, were buying them and how much are they each?
Speaker 4: Seven ninety nine and they cought He's insane. He's got a thing on the freezer lid top ice cream.
Speaker 3: That's just what he's calling.
Speaker 4: All right, he got so we got two hundred boxes, sold those out in one day. Then he got five hundred boxes that took two days to sell out. He was thinking it was going to sld down twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: In one day.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're in the wrong business. We need to start an ice cream Why do we take to ice cream store.
Speaker 3: One that you can sell for seven ninety nine? Well, what's a mad I was.
Speaker 2: Going to say, how much is a gooey a gooey caramel?
Speaker 3: Okay, gooey.
Speaker 2: Be sneaking? Have they shrunk those? Everything? Everything? God, they're good. But you're telling me that one of those is better than a Memphis Well, apparently there.
Speaker 4: Were fruit stuff and you could comparing orange just four dollars nineties of men for smelting. Oh yeah, but it's so expensive a couple of bucks.
Speaker 2: They used to be fifty seed. They were never fifty cents.
Speaker 4: But so it was the lemon ones that got recalled because they had dairy in them, and then.
Speaker 2: It wasn't It wasn't listed.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that was dairy and ice cream may literally in the title creamy.
Speaker 2: Wait if there's no dairy in them? What's in them?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It is deary and it's definitely deary in them. I just think that there was mislabeled the lemon one year. It didn't write specifically state and you've got a state what's in there? Because people might have dairy and tyrant might have been Well that's the that's the one I can do. Then they ship themselves well if you want, if you want to make some quite easy money.
Speaker 4: I've definitely seen them at supermarkets and stuff like they are. You can't get your hands on them. But that scot I mean, good morning mate. It's amazing twenty.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars worth of ice creams in one day, fledged worn and hayl All.
Speaker 1: This is the top six.
Speaker 2: The fruit and red fruit and veg growing growers have got together. They've convened in the capital. But they bloody hated having to go to the big smoke countlution. Yeah when they've got bloody parents growing. Yeah, or the highlights is a park in town? Oh bloody hell, we can. We'll go going to the bloody Wellington. Well we're there, buddy. Hold on a jerk off politician.
Speaker 3: We see bloody Cathay. Where's a bloody muffin break. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not going in the bloody mall absolutely get stuffed. So they got together. They spoke about all the issues facing the industry and just the just the delectable display of fruit and veg. To be totally honest with.
Speaker 3: You, do they bring some along to the meeting?
Speaker 2: Not like that pathetic cucumber that any grapes. Grapes scrapes one of our big ones. Yeah, good, we do grape wine mostly for wine, my favorite form of gred What were they winging about? Everything? Okay? The farmers everything, the farmers of a sword, right, it's it's what they like. And you might think, God, they're miserable. No, they like it, right, That's how you know they're happy. Okay, all right, So I got the Tops Tops SX Biggest Challenges Space and the fruit and vege grows from the conference. Number six on the list. Bloody caterpillars, bloody bloody caterpillar holes and everything. Have you seen how hungry that one was?
Speaker 3: How's banana's rhubarb for thriving? He came here.
Speaker 2: That's good, thank god. Not caterpillars. I haven't seen any caterpillars on it. Those hungry ones. They lead apples five apples one day, eighteen irons, and then we make them the.
Speaker 3: Heir of a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're hungry, hungry, and then they go themselves up in a sack, come out looking quite pretty, and then pass off and then make more caterpillars. I want to see hungry caterpillar go up again. Is hungry hungry hippos? Oh, they don't stand a chance. I want to see hungry caterpillar go up against hungry monsanto spray enter the hungry Number five on the least of the top Sex Biggest Challenges Facing fruit and vege gruss, bloody weather, Yeah right, and the bloody weather man. He's always getting wrong, doesn't a haymnful? Bloody dad, bloody weather. It's gonna be rating, is it? Oh? Bloody With a number four on the list of the top Sex biggas challenges, facing the fruit and vige gruss, bloody kids stealing oranges off the tree. Yeah, helping themselves.
Speaker 5: We used to do that.
Speaker 3: Those kids steal Fijo is left.
Speaker 2: Run and center everywhere. Yeah, fijis repairs someone with a fijo tree. You're like man I can't wait for the Fijars, and then when they start falling off, you're like, I wish he's Fijos. Oh no, there's too many Fijars. Number three on the least of the Top Sex Biggest challenges facing fruit and vege grubs bloody possums. If you're seeing these things, do they eat the fruit and veed? They eat everything? Cute?
Speaker 3: It really nice, you know around your nick Oh yeah, I would have won one round my throat or possom nipple Warman's Yeah, I've got some of those beg aren't they. Though nobody likes a cold nipple. That was a great actually know that the best thing of a look when they're cold.
Speaker 2: Huge fan of a cold nipple. Can we just get across the ball what you prefer? A warm, puffy nipple? I have never thought about it, like we'll think about it now and cold, cold tight. Number two on the less of the Top Sex books challenges are facing fruit and vegegars, those little bloody stickers. Being to it easy to eat a few of those in my time's actually my favorite part of the fruit.
Speaker 4: I leave it to a last because I'm like young sicker. Oh yeah, I've got I've got some zies brees and today, actually I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a bit overkill. We put a sticker on everything everyone, Yes, fruit every You've got a pre packaged love love your use of single plastics and a huge continue to just use plastic package.
Speaker 3: I had them loose and available. Yeah, they had them loose.
Speaker 2: But he's the guy with two kids bleeding the earth to resources dry. It's going to come at us singles with your bloody We've done our black stacks.
Speaker 3: We've done our part, which is not to repopulate.
Speaker 2: Hey, whoa, I've got a bicycle. I'm allowed to use as much plastic as I want. Now, I'm actually in deficit, am I? Credit? You're urine in carbon credits. I'm in carbon credits. You're trading credits. So many carbon credits?
Speaker 3: May I rinse my black bean turn? Last night? You believe I did I.
Speaker 2: Sit on the wing of the plane going overseas?
Speaker 3: Do you like you sit on the.
Speaker 2: Well because I'm not paying, am I? Because that's wasting fuel and carbon. You'd actually be wasting more fuel outside as you produce their planes aerodynamic ability, and you'd also be dead soelsius up there and number one of the less of the top sex, biggers, challenges, facing the fruit and vegegars people putting bloody gold key. We threw fruit through a green Kiwi fruit to save themselves some money. You don't do that, please? Or this time a year taking the stalks off the Trust tomatoes and putting them through is loose. Oh, very naughty, very very naughty. That's today's up six.
Speaker 1: Play ms Fletchforn and Hailey.
Speaker 4: Now it's New Zealand Fashion Week. At the moment, I've been enjoying watching everyone else goo. I haven't got It's my first show tonight. More on that late Okay, Today's fashion look that I've pulled as I'm bloated and I don't want you to know, so just you know, like she could be pregnant. Big sack, big sack, big black sack, black sack, big black sack, my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: It's a famous brand of Kiwi rubbish bag and also his favorite dresses Wardrope.
Speaker 4: Staples, big black sack because she's a bloody queen.
Speaker 3: Now, so you know fashion my passion.
Speaker 4: There is a girl who she is fashion trends on Lime and she uses a bell curve type thing of pre trend coming into trend, then when it peaks and when it comes out and becomes irrelevant again. And then the things that stay at the top, that's your that's your you know, that's your jeans. That's the things that never leave your t shirts, your jeans.
Speaker 3: Her new prediction sailor hats. And I don't mean like like captain's hats, like the little White sailor boy, like the steady of the ship hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the sporting games, okay, like like a World War two sailor hat Donald Duck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've been all over God fashion, I sometimes I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: But it's been all over the.
Speaker 4: You know, Milan fashion weeks and Paris Fashion weeks and whatnot. And it's slowly making its way into the main straight where the girl is a rock and a sailor hat.
Speaker 3: Now, are we still doing a Fedora? No? No, okay, double checking that.
Speaker 2: The guy on Instagram and top with the for door and he wears the glasses and he's looking down at the start of the video and the pops he's like, oh I hate that. Oh I don't like that THEA was doing Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think the sailor hat's back. No, I don't think people are going to look.
Speaker 4: There's like normal like street where brands that are releasing their kind of version of the sailor hat the main Now, you guys, you've got a beanie over here.
Speaker 2: We've got a cap here classics. Yeah, I don't think I'll be dipping a toe.
Speaker 3: You don't think you're dip because you're hat boys.
Speaker 2: We're hat boys. Even if I'm was out on a boat, I don't know. If I I probably wouldn't wear it.
Speaker 4: You couldn't wear it because if you were out in a boat and a disaster struck, if everyone's going to turn towards the.
Speaker 2: Guy, I don't want to be mistaken for the captain. Yeah, everyone's responsibility.
Speaker 3: Can I get a feeling from the girls because I think this is more.
Speaker 2: For the late days.
Speaker 6: I just feel like tumble fashion is coming back, and it's not the good parts of tumble Fashion Hill.
Speaker 4: It was like the original, like fashion bloggers over Tumblr, right, Tumbler was just pawn.
Speaker 5: Oh, it depended on what side of Tumbler.
Speaker 2: You're no, they got rid of Tumblr.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, we're talking when we were like thirteen ish and like when we were thirty. Yeah, like big mustache fashion, and like there was such an era of tumbler and there was the really cool tumbler.
Speaker 3: Girls would wear a sailor hat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally. It was like plaid shirts, cocky jackets.
Speaker 2: Nineties grunge elements with Indian email influencers, characterized by ripped jeans, oversized flannels, bantees, combat boots, skater shirts, fish net tights, and past our hair.
Speaker 3: Colors, salor hats. And I got in the next standing real cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like your knee are like buckled.
Speaker 3: Pigeon toe. Oh my god, tumble of fashion Saturday. It's part of that.
Speaker 5: There's someone out there that still has a mustache hatted on their finger, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to meet two of my friends.
Speaker 9: Really play zims Fletchborn and Hailey play z ms Fletchborn and Hailey s silly little pool, silly.
Speaker 10: It is so silly, silly, silly, that.
Speaker 9: Silly little pole, silly little silly, little silly little.
Speaker 3: Pole, silly.
Speaker 2: Today's silly little pole.
Speaker 3: Do you fill out random surveys like we're asking a small group of pinions people for their opinion.
Speaker 2: Could you take a few minutes to answer the short survey, we are asked you do you fill them out with the options? Yes, oh yes, but i'm if there's a prize on offer, yeah that's me or flat No. Sometimes I've show them out like the gem Ones they fell out flat. No again, no, because I'll go if I go places all the time. I'm like, that could be a little bit bitter. So you can tell them. So they need to know nobody. If nobody tells them, they can't get better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose so.
Speaker 2: So results wise, the most popular one was no. Forty three percent of people just said straight up no, thirty eight percent just behind saying yes but only if there's a prize, and twenty percent of people just do it? Do you know what? We should have had an option for years. I'll do it if there's a prize, but skip out halfway through because it's way too long. DRAWDA when a one hundred dollars prizzy card and eight hours later you're like, this is just not time.
Speaker 3: I've lost one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: If you never ending, Yeah, Jordie said yes, because I'm bored and nosy. Bored and nosy what a combo? Yeah, Jane said, I'm an analyst, so I'm often the one analyzing the random surveys. I'm here for that data pronounced.
Speaker 3: I've been saying it wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been always an analyst, don't you. Yes, you're wrong data potato potati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as the saying goes, you say potato and I say.
Speaker 2: Potato. Laura said, I love a survey. It's just oversharing without annoying someone.
Speaker 3: An oversharer also like who's winning the prizes that they are not real flip.
Speaker 2: Never get the email saying, oh Janine from team at who won the five dollar.
Speaker 3: Fear go on this. I don't reckon there was a prize already be lying to us to get us to do this. Yeah, Sam said, after a couple of cold ones, I try. I try to get created with my answers.
Speaker 2: Who's having a couple of beers and filling out a random suver wild boy Wild Boys? Mark said no, because the short survey is usually one hundred pages in questions. So if that that's nothing short about that survey, Lou No, no, no, all that data mine. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, data hole Bridge said except this one. So she said no, except for mastering the irony is exquisite here. Oh yeah, Caro said yes, and I want a prize yesterday, and then immediately thought it was a scam, so, oh okay, well wonder what price she won. I don't know, maybe the one hundred dollar PRIs car it's always like a prizzyh Yeah, I mean I guess if you're then having to give out your bank details and then yet as a scam. Yeah, angel I remember being in high school and instead of doing class, we've got to be on valued opinions filling out random surveys to get subway vout. Just surveys equal free lunch. Actually that's good hustle life because people actually make money doing this full time, the surveys. Do you want the opinion of someone who's that moral, I would love your opinion. This person's like, then that doesn't survey for fun. I'm the person you want to market to. And then brands change their whole thinking based on people that just sit at home filling out surveys exactly who don't want to pay for anything because they can get things for free by doing surveys. But I've filled in some of these company, I filled out some of these. Am I boring at home? Logan said the fridge I said yes, but only if there's a prize. But to be honest, for me, the prizes usually I get to tell the business something about their product, app slash whatever I find annoying. Never give me a platform to complain if you don't want negative feedback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a big complainer.
Speaker 2: Like there, I know. I think like a bit of criticis constructive criticism or feedback.
Speaker 3: It's good beause otherwise it's nothing changes. It's like potholes. Everyone winges there's a poorhole. Has anybody reported the pothole to the council?
Speaker 2: Are you hearing?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Age? So it's just saying I'm just saying it can be helpful. Don't put it on the local Facebook page. You're never going to see that reported to the council. It just went full boomer and full full boom boomer.
Speaker 3: To see it out there.
Speaker 2: Some companies use them for employee reviews, so I always fill it out and if someone's been good, I give very high marks and the name recently positive people beg you to mention them on ship Advisor. Oh yeah, when you're at a restaurant or something like they have been traveling just recently. Please and mention my names.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, this is I've forgotten your name long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was your name again?
Speaker 3: I forgot at the moment you said it to me?
Speaker 2: What was your name again? So we asked for silly little poell do you fell out? Random surveys and thirty eight percent of you said yes. But if there's a prize on board.
Speaker 3: Plea it ms fletch vrawn and hilly god.
Speaker 2: I know we've scoffed down our fear share of delicious den Heaths custod squeze every now and then some music every now and then they'll crank a box in the courier and send it send it up to us. Yeah, over the years we have siddenly can assumed a lot. I'd sure have. I mean, here's the status music of all.
Speaker 3: Great throwback yesterday. Actually that's I just opened up my computer and that was the last song. It's just I really like that I listened to us every day. You would have loved that.
Speaker 2: You would have loved that like that? Yeah, said a song ever written. Maybe I could not believe when I saw this news. Neither so Dan Heath. I've asked chet GPT for a summary because I never understand what it all means. And it's gone into liquidation now. Liquidation in New Zealand is when a company goes into them A lot harder to eat, won't it. It was delayed liquidsquiz. The company cannot pay its debts and an independent liquidator takes control of the company. The liquidator's job is to sell the company's assets use the proceeds to repay creditors. Once the process is complete, the company is usually removed from the company's register. It effectively ceases to exist. So it's not like we're not getting delicious cuts a squeeze anymore.
Speaker 4: We'll listen to that, and I'm going to give full credit here where it's due. On the Seven Days live chat group, I just want to shout out to die Henda for this great joke. He said, this is terrible. Tomo No even was like, oh God, pull Tomo, just Tom and them and then Die Henwish said, I wonder who will get custody.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's why the guy's allegend. But also is it like someone can take it over or are we done?
Speaker 2: I don't know. The application was originally failed in March by the estate of minority shareholder Brian the majority shareholders Donald and Lisa Donald Lisa I had already put the business on the market at the end of twenty twenty three because Lisa is not in good health. Spend more time with the company. Okay, they've exported the Korea, Japan, Australia. They are in Costco for friends, Joseph friends, Joseph Glacier. Oh, that's really sad. I know they made such great desserts. Yeah, they really did.
Speaker 3: Remember they seen us a whole trade one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do that every now and then. Yeah, it's probably why they were going to pay for I did. I went to Costco. We had the money.
Speaker 3: We've got to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, damn, look.
Speaker 3: In the dog pulled that out on a day like today.
Speaker 4: What our thoughts and pres stop? Oh my god, which might have a nice moment. We've got to take again, We've got.
Speaker 7: To take.
Speaker 1: Plays it.
Speaker 2: MS.
Speaker 1: Fletchborn and Haley plays it.
Speaker 3: MS.
Speaker 1: Fletchborn and Haley.
Speaker 4: So there is a spring Fling festival coming to White Power in the Hawk's Bay region Central Hawk's Bay Town, and this means it's trying to roll out their mascot that apparently has really divided people over the now.
Speaker 3: Carwin's up our Hawk's bay Gal. Do you know what I'm talking about here? Yes, the duck, the big duck.
Speaker 4: It is a large concrete yellow duck, like a little rubber yellow ducky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that duck is my childhood really Yeah, I love that duck so much?
Speaker 5: How mean to him?
Speaker 3: I would not? You know, I love techy shit. Do you know what about it? It used to be the best.
Speaker 6: Part of like because my Pappa and grandma lived in white Pokado, so you would go through white power to get there, and when you saw the duck.
Speaker 5: It was like the sign of like, we're nearly there. I'm not gonna cars anymore.
Speaker 3: So okay, so this was this is very like.
Speaker 2: Of course, Carwen was a carsack kid. Like she's a vegetarian. She's constantly she's got big car sack kid.
Speaker 5: Me and not my mum's driving.
Speaker 2: Is one of those earth straps in the back of the car. Maybe what's your road? And stop putting your hid down.
Speaker 5: I want to read a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, off your book.
Speaker 4: So thirty thirty years, this thing's been around a two meter high concrete yellow duck named power.
Speaker 3: A lot of people in the town. They love it. They they want to see it as a permanent.
Speaker 4: Fixture because it used to be permit used to be permanent. But now they just sort of bring it out around this time of the year as as springing.
Speaker 6: Because I think they still do the duck race, right they put yeah little ducks in there.
Speaker 3: I mean because now she's because it does lock thirty years now she's on a crate.
Speaker 2: It looks like they all do you remember that Auckland Center that was getting to the end of it. It was in the day it would have looked okay, but now it looks like so methy at the end we can do we can do a lot better now as a duck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know moment we can just a fresh like a paint. Yeah, so yeah, you could.
Speaker 2: We all kind of get a bit blobby as we age.
Speaker 3: Some people we spread. So some people think this is an icon lopes, she's got bug lips, big lips.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But some people were like, it's an iceore we need to get rid of. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I want to know, is this something like this in your town that you considered to be an iol that you would love to you'd love to see gone, or maybe it's just in your neighborhood and say you've got one of those neighbors that has a sort of eccentric front lawn. Like there was always the guy in Brooklyn and Wellington by the dump. There was like a dump kind of just out of.
Speaker 3: Right, and he would make all these kind of weird sculptures.
Speaker 2: Out, like burning man scumptions.
Speaker 3: People were like, oh, it's trash, it's bringing down the class of the neighborhood. Maybe that's what you've got to do.
Speaker 2: It was the person with the giant cartman and Aukland's Bay. It was a letter man and it was a letter box, wasn't it apartment? And still thank you? But everyone in that neighborhood was like, hello, we're like the posh neighborhood in the country. It gentrified. Yeah, I love that. Okay, Well, we don't watch south Park, although I must say the new south Park season is on fire. It's the first time I've watched south Park and a long time out the back its outrage sing Okay, I'll wait one hundred dars and him as our number. We all need to give us a call text and nine six nine sex what is the I saw in your neighborhood? Give us a call, well, power the duckers back in why power to celebrate.
Speaker 4: We're getting ready to celebrate the spring fling in Hawk's Bay and a lot of people are saying yay, and a lot of people are saying it's an I saw.
Speaker 3: So I want to know what is the I saw in your neighborhood, your town.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've got a giant faded duck. It's a bit faded, is it. She's a little bit it needs that rubber duck like really bright yellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a dull sort of it's off. It needs a bit more orange in the yellow. Yeah, yeah, that the place it with a new duck. It feels like it may have become a year.
Speaker 2: Like he's one of those inflatable duck. But you know that no one's going to be happy with. No one's going to be happy with whatever replaces it. And they wish they had it back. Yeah, the concrete one. Okay, Well, we want to know what is your your I saw? Vashan, good morning, Hey, Hey, you going good? What is the local I saw?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 2: There's a big giant ball and cross it's on the way to. It's a little town called Klopoy. It's kind of like on the motorway on the side of it. And I've been there for about six six years. I've seen this giant ball.
Speaker 3: What do you mean a giant ball?
Speaker 2: What is it? It's like an art. It's like a sculpture, isn't it. Yeah, it's like a sculpture. Do you not like it? I never it's meant to light up and I've never seen it light up. Are you going at night? Yeah? Okay. And there's the twenty five meter tall fan Fair sculpture on Shaney's corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: Shut it.
Speaker 2: It does look like it should like actually like it. Maybe it's not meant to light up.
Speaker 3: And you've been lation get a grab.
Speaker 2: That's fine, maybe you've.
Speaker 1: Been the leader.
Speaker 2: I regn that's the most pointless thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Okay, what would you put in its place?
Speaker 2: I don't as you know, but not that Actually, like I said's the twenty five minute tal sphere covered in three hundred and sixty spinning middle pin wheels, and it's one of the largest public artworks in New Zealand. Wait, but nothing about lights. I think I've been the light up to the little little spin yeah okay, yeah, but there's little lights that you could see. But I thought it was going to be better than that. You want to full ball light show by the sounds of it. Okay, yeah, well maybe I mean right into council. Maybe right into council. As I've said, they might not be aware that you're so upset with the stop.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, but they don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: City council has got a couple of things higher up the list. Yeah, I don't know if they do. Vation thank you. Some messages in someone said google that k golliwog. I just I did too. It's a big corrugated ironig.
Speaker 4: Anymore so that's just outside of Tiawamutu, of course it is. It's just a straight up golliwalg You can't even paint it any other way. No, yeah, okay, get their time.
Speaker 2: The golliwog Isabelle has been there for twelve years, but there's never been one complaint about us as the owner. This was in twenty twenty, so at another five so it's been up for seventeen years. When I first put up, I was really nervous for a while I thinking people would vandalize it, but no, nothing, I honestly had nothing but positive feedback. And then like why did it need to be a golliwog like just a normal Dollyeah?
Speaker 3: I think we're done. I feel my feeling of people, you know.
Speaker 2: And what always gets up how much people love defending a golli war I.
Speaker 3: Know that's not what they mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, how could I be a racist? It was my favorite dollar as a child. Well, some other messages I saw was in your town any and all Wilson's car parks, specifically grass there is a turd shaped sculpture and wistgate is there's the escape turd shaped scalp from my area too. I'd love to know that.
Speaker 3: Turd shaped shape is it?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a bean. Maybe it's more of a bean for be as a more open might have been a bean. Okay, we're a giant rubber duck and huanganui like nearly two stories tall. It's on the our, it's on the hour every once in a while, but deffinitely for the duck race. So they just leave that up the whole time. Do that, and they've got the giant pencils, don't they in fung, right, but that's not a nice it's very that's amazing art. That's a big duck the inflatable dark Yeah, just seen this. Someone said this period cups on the white out of Expressway, but and they just look like mooncups. They meant to drive in that road many a time. And I don't know. Tell us where the moon cups are and you can look next time. They meant to be Okay, maybe they meant to be thimballs or something.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Chomutu has a fruit and vegeta called fruit Monster, and the sign featuring a giant tomato with a face is some damaged and deranged looking. It's actually makes my kids very scared.
Speaker 4: On the way to darg Ball, there's an old big Fresh that still has the uh fruit and veg mannequin's up and they're looking pretty late tortured.
Speaker 2: I know where the thurd shaped sculpture is out by Westgate by Bunning's opposite the KFC. Yeah, there is a turd set there is that right, that is shape. I've just thought it's an interesting sculpture, but now that they've said to it, I'll probably never be able to see it. As anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my neighbors put up a giant crucifix that looms over the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, what do they put that up for?
Speaker 3: There is that?
Speaker 2: That's that's like Easter's Christmas tree. Take that down. Yeah, otherwise it's bad luck pass like April.
Speaker 3: Oh the moon caps are supposed to be malory spinning tops.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh God, somebody said it's a very local izore. My mum's got two golliwogs on the sofa by the front door, and every time I go, I'm like, bump, don't they just don't need to be there, And she gives me a big talk about how it's more racist to get rid of them that it is to keep them. Yeah, that's a Boomer classic.
Speaker 4: I hate the stupid ice cream cone thing by the chrish Urch cathedral.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't mind that.
Speaker 3: Also the fan thing that guy was talking about, Well, they're really hating the ball on the way to come.
Speaker 1: I love the ball.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with the ball? I can kind of see when they haven't rebuilt the CBD they were investing in a giant ball, Like it doesn't even we should have finished in town. It's been fifteen.
Speaker 1: Years plays Zims, Fleshborne and Hayley.
Speaker 3: We are always trying to understand us three millennials. What what you know? What watching what?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I watched last night how my daughter Jen alpha lead Jen Alpha God.
Speaker 3: Don't even give me a startled. That's a whole how she watches TikTok.
Speaker 2: Like remember when sci fi movies would show how robots could read box and they'd just be like, done, got it. This is how she watches TikTok. She'll give it two seconds and if she likes the first two seconds, she'll like it and repost it. And then next I'm you're not even watching the whole thing. Like She's like I kind of get the gist. I'm like just two seconds and she's just like like repost flick like repist flick or no, no like that one like if the is racist?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you posting that?
Speaker 2: She's reposted twenty one thousand tiktoks?
Speaker 3: What? I'm like, what is important?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: God died anyway. I was just like, you've got this is not how it should be done. She's like, this is how everybody does it. I'm just like, you're this this generation is doomed. I know.
Speaker 4: Well, we're we're always trying to understand our lovely gen Z producers and they have God, they help us a lot, and it's it's a big moment for me to really accept that I am removed from relevance.
Speaker 3: You know, this is like this is actually your day for me, and it gets worse to can you feel it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, But we're often asking you questions. Aren't we help us understand this?
Speaker 3: Or why is this a thing?
Speaker 2: Like why are you lining up for La Boo boos?
Speaker 3: Why avocado?
Speaker 5: We like laboo booths grow up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we wanted to flip it on its head and so and and wonder if the eu gen Z is out there.
Speaker 4: Who we adore You're so fun, You're just so quirky, if you've got any questions for us?
Speaker 2: That was that was so millienile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we grew up in a backhanded generation. Never a compliment was actually fully given to us. So we bought up a question box online to get us started. But if you're listening now, gen Z and you you want to ask us millennials a question? Have that nine six nine sex?
Speaker 2: So these are the ones that we got online.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jordi gen Z wants to know that. Why do we feel the need to hashtag every possible word on a post?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, because we've got a client obligation, Jordan hashtag, But if you don't have a hashtag ad like, yeah, why.
Speaker 5: Are hashtag love.
Speaker 3: Fashion?
Speaker 2: I feel like I stopped hashtagging a long time. I haven't hashtag for a long.
Speaker 4: Look at my last picture. There's a hashtag hashtags subtle comedy.
Speaker 3: You hear the laugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna look at the last thing I posted before that, Edit that and deleted hashtag weak stem hashtag genuine friends.
Speaker 2: You've got a hashtagr we can have an ironic I was about to say, can we Are we still allowed to do an ironic hashtag.
Speaker 5: If it's obvious?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: But then sometimes an ironic is like, it's not that funny.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: What was the last thing I did?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, hashtag genuine friends. It was for your tetoborn hashtag comedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't comedy.
Speaker 5: Comedy is embarrassing because it's a comedy clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm so.
Speaker 2: Emma's question for millennials is how do they still have side parts?
Speaker 3: So I'm center You've done well there.
Speaker 4: Though the other day I will say I went out and I did my hair and I flipped it to the side, and I looked pretty.
Speaker 3: I looked quite hot.
Speaker 8: I think the issue is everyone, including myself i've done this, thinks that you your hair looks more voluminous if you do it side part, because you think.
Speaker 3: The other side, the other side, and it really ages you.
Speaker 5: I think anyone who's like I.
Speaker 3: Look better with the on the phone, she rocks a hard side. She swapped now and she looks so much better.
Speaker 2: She never looked at Brion and notice where she passed.
Speaker 3: I don't notice.
Speaker 5: You don't have any hunt because you don't have.
Speaker 8: You never seen someone go I love better with a side part and then show me a middle, and I've agreed with them.
Speaker 2: A side part exactly middle. Okay. Another question from a gen z to a millennial. Okay, the millennial pause just like, oh my god, yeah, okay, it is like, yeah, here's the here's the vibe, Libby. When we were first looking at cameras, they took a little while as that recording.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and you would sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Where we had the family can Carder and we first record. It took a little bit for it to be like read light and one.
Speaker 8: But here's the thing for Oh my goodness, you can eat it.
Speaker 2: I actually did when I was doing the when I was cooking the ox tongue, I had to eat it off a couple of monster And what I find is you turn okay when you turn, and you edit it to where you're just mid turn and you start hunting.
Speaker 8: So we do the gen Z shake that the waiter start it on a movement and then it feels less awkward. And it's that way to get a little gin alpha's attention and point one second.
Speaker 4: You've got literally a second okay, some new messages fresh, he's coming in on the text machine.
Speaker 3: Why do you guys try so hard at work? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because you guys.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm sorry, what did you say cold?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say this one doesn't really relate to you, guys.
Speaker 3: Excuse you?
Speaker 2: Why are you try so hard it work? That's so totally agree. I love gen Z's attitude to Big Corpse. I don't love it. I hate it. They hate it. I hate of course co operations hate it because I finally people who are like I don't care. Yeah, oh there's one hundred other people that can do your job, is it. We'll go find one. Yeah, I love it. I love that someone's here. Mellie asks, what's up with your humor and the way you use Facebook?
Speaker 3: Now we're done with Facebook. We're done with Facebook.
Speaker 2: This is so savage. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would.
Speaker 2: I haven't used Facebook for so you. You still post, but I feel like you post them. It's just an archive because it's an archive for you, like a scrapbook almost.
Speaker 4: It's just immediately connected to Instagram. So anything I post on there goes my professional one, but my personal one.
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Because I shout out to Zania. No, that was one I was going to finish on because it's the coldest gen.
Speaker 3: Z Burn Millenia Jesus.
Speaker 4: The texts coming in saying, it's really crazy that you guys talk about where you we were. Nine to eleven happened because they.
Speaker 2: Were not here, they were dead. But you've got to look at it. Back in the day, Jeans, the world wasn't constantly going through major political shifts and changes and disasters like these things used to be rare. They would have missed Night eleven because it wasn't in the first second of that video because they just would have been boring, just the blue sky and a blue sky with the Tomtowners.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know there was the second.
Speaker 2: Oh great, what a beautiful day in New York, like reposted, not even to finish up, Zenia said, I don't even really think about you guys that often, so I DK seven. I think this is a regular segment. I really love this. I think we should do this as a regular sequestion questions for other generations, Yeah, questions for boomers, and then we can get to answer the questions.
Speaker 3: My message in saying I'm a xennial here so kind of gen x casten. We have zero farms to give about your opinion.
Speaker 1: Play Ms Fleshborne and Hailey play Ms Fletchborne and Hailey.
Speaker 4: Huge News yesterday was the news of the great to see Chris Luxon giving a shout out and Chris Chris Christopher Luxton's invited Taylor Swift and TRAVISKEUSEI to get married in New Zealand?
Speaker 3: Did you say place to get married?
Speaker 2: Don't you so? Great? Yeah?
Speaker 4: On that we agree now Huge news. Travis and Taylor engaged. We were all a little bit divided on the ring, the swift.
Speaker 3: Is are like, shut up, it's cute, but I don't know, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: But Travis Keuse's dad has been i'll say, running off his mouth on the podcasts.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 11: The Travis got it done after after a few weeks of priding myself and he was going to do up a while to find the perfect you know, the perfect way to ask her and to make it special. And we kept trying to tell them, when you do it, that's what makes it special. So don't spread one wear or just get it done.
Speaker 3: Just get it done.
Speaker 4: So he basically let slip that it was a couple of weeks ago because that was the question that everyone was asking.
Speaker 2: Right, I will kind of figured out anyway, right like they hear cuts Swift.
Speaker 3: Swift is in the boats. Yes, you everyone was matching up the haircuts right with the here and now.
Speaker 6: Yes, But also like now people are realizing that it was probably the same day as her being on the podcast with Travis. Oh, they've matched up the times on her watch that she was wearing that they recorded the podcast, and about.
Speaker 5: She read inn from her headphones and her hair. Yeah she had headphone here, did she?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can just tell slightly, but yeah, people think basically they finished recording the podcast, they had plans to go out for dinner, and also while they were recording the podcast, she's wearing noise cancer headphones and is locked in on a screen. It gave his team all this time to set up his garden without her being suspicious. He said, all right, before dinner, let's go grab a one, and then surprised her.
Speaker 3: It was a big day, you know, because she was finally doing the reveal of her album and yeah, and it's so special.
Speaker 8: During the podcast when she said boyfriend, there was a few times he smirked at the camera.
Speaker 3: He was like, not the long bab, no long.
Speaker 4: I just think it's so funny listening to Travis Chalcey's dad. He's like he's been talking to so many people and you could kind of feel like he's the sort of dead that'll just like one that he'll be like they're pregnant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's interesting because like Taylor's pr Lady Tree Pain famously a beautiful red headed woman Pain Tree Pain. Yeah, that's tonight to be confused with, Like she is tight on like this kind of thing, so her dad, like the dad must have been allowed to go and talk to these people, but like, why'd they choose a random Australian breakfast show and then like a random American outlet, Like it's so natural but.
Speaker 5: Also so planned.
Speaker 8: What we just played there was from nine News Australia.
Speaker 5: Wow, how'd they get it?
Speaker 3: Should we try and get them to.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I could just DM him and say, hey, we'll give you a cuddle with a ceramic German shipperd come on the podcast.
Speaker 4: You're telling me he's not going to be lurden by herm and the German I would think, so, oh wow, Well, I guess if this gossip coming out of their corner of the world.
Speaker 3: Look to Travis Kelsey's dam peg old.
Speaker 1: Mouth plays its fletchborne and.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Spotify announced that it will be rolling out direct messages to both free and premium subscribers as a part of an effort to attract more users. What like, do we need to be messaging like, we've got eight other places.
Speaker 3: To smapchair Messenger texts.
Speaker 2: Actual test, Instagram, Facebook message, Like we've got enough signal and we've got literally got them all signal Yeah, she's one of those underground. Yeah, she's in a Yeah, she's hiding from the government. She's on signal. Yeah, it's encrypted into inborn.
Speaker 3: You can't even know what's happening. And I tell you guys everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't use five G because you're against the towers.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even think of that. I have my own wife.
Speaker 2: So people obviously, like people are there roll this is a plan for them to roll it down into different markets. I'm not sure if it's in New Zealand. So the whole thing is they want people like sharing like their favorite playlists and songs.
Speaker 3: But like, you can you do that anywhere.
Speaker 2: You can do that anywhere.
Speaker 3: You just see that link, but you send it via messenger or messages whatever.
Speaker 2: And people online are like, obviously, just like, we don't need this. Someone said, I don't need social networking on my music player. No, normal said, why is every app trying to be like all the other apps? What's next Spotify Stories? Yeah, upad into this right now, yeah, one hundred percent. And then yeah, people like do we need it? No, No, we don't, so yeah, kind of a mixed mixed reaction. I don't think that's going to take off.
Speaker 3: Do you know who would never do something so silly?
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio Radio.
Speaker 3: They just they just know.
Speaker 2: It's about the music.
Speaker 3: It's about taking us with you wherever you go.
Speaker 2: Good and a chance to get to the iHeartRadio Music Festival to do in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, they've got the feature. Now, that's a lot of fun. That's a great way of engaging. But it's not the stupid message. Just so we've got that covered. Spotify into ZiT in one line. If you want to want to win that trip to Vegas.
Speaker 2: That's right. Why are we taking off some KPIs? I tell you why. You guys have really knocked some KPIs out of the park, like.
Speaker 1: Play zidim s, Flech, PHM and Hailey.
Speaker 2: Insurance since the year two thousand has risen nine hundred and sixteen percent and nine six It is the of all the things consuming New Zealand track. The consumer cost of it has gone up more than anything, higher than cigarettes. Cigarettes have gone up six hundred percent, insurance nine hundred percent. Surely Butter's gone up like he has gone up. Not that's are an ad And it was like by three loads of bread. It was an old like nineteen nineties. Add by three loads of bread and get a free five hundred grand butter, or buy the butter for a dollar eighty.
Speaker 3: Nine nine block Yeah, five hundred grams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah. So they're saying they're citing major disasters like the earthquakes, the record weather events, the cyclone Gabriel was a massive one in the floods and everything. I mean, the good news is that, like global warming is only getting bitter, so insurance comes down. Yeah, okay, so this is what's happening. People are now getting rid of insurance because it's too expensive, and twenty two seven percent of people gave up house insurance. Oh god, what you just you lose everything, saying if there's a fire and or an earthquake, red, yeah, you don't have insurance and there's an earthquake, do you get like the EQC are you covered? Anyway?
Speaker 4: There were heaps of people in christ Ships that didn't have insurance that got absolutely screwed.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I don't have insurance.
Speaker 2: Like well, you can't afford it because it's no no, no, but like yeah, I've got a mortgage. I have to have insurance. If I don't have insurance. They can full close on my mortgage, but these people have no mortgage. That's when you sign up for your mortgage, Like, who's checking now that you've been canceled it if it's not through the bank.
Speaker 4: Tro because they only look at it. They don't communicate with each other. You just show your insurance certificate. If you went to go ask for more money, they'd be like, yep, can we get another insurance?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But yes, crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's just it just feels like playing with file.
Speaker 2: And house burns down. But it doesn't need to be like people getting rid of health insurance. Insurance is the one that we plan add a lot about pet insurance. I think you'd be kind of crazy to have a doll without some oh my god, I know, yeah insurance. I've got pin insurance. Yeah, but that my pin insurance went up, Like your insurance is tracy so much crazy? Two and twenty dollars a month? Yeah for two for two dollars you Yeah, And it's about to go out because Richie's about to eight and he's a Golden Retriever and apparently that's the magic marker of we're going on Golden retrievers starting to dial God. Yeah, I just say I just save your money and then if it worst comes to the worst, take it to a farm.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Live on one?
Speaker 3: Yeah it is where is he taking?
Speaker 2: You need to go to a bigger farm. This is a lifestyle block that boy needed space to run. We wanted to ask the question today. Is there a time ever in the past where you wish you had insurance because you didn't, or yeah, you got to ensure something that you buy a new car and just forget I don't know, or cancel it.
Speaker 4: You just canceled it and then you drop your phone, or you know what I mean, Or like you just canceled your health insurance and then you break your leg.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I like travel insurance? Is travel insurance scares me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: People that go to America, especially without travel insurance, and then you see them on like GoFundMe, or you know, like pleading in the media, you know, to pay for their medical bills because they're insane. They're like six figures. Yeah, choose somebody's read an article you said. They're just messaging and the government's predicted by twenty thirty five they'll no longer be able to afford to pay for the damages of floods as they recor them occurring more frequently and more intensely. Yeah, that's good to know.
Speaker 3: It's good to know the banks sand insurance do communicate with each other on the regular.
Speaker 2: Apparently, get a lot of messages there. And you need to fire insurance policy to obtain earthquake cover. Okay, well okay, so don't just ditch your insurance yet. Don't do that. But so I like a hundred dars at en. We'd love to take your calls now, nine six nine six text when did you wish that you had insurance? Side note, not quite on topic. Bit about insurance. My brother sold his car three years ago and apparently the people, the new people, went to insure it and they said, oh no, we're still getting an automatic payment for this car. So they're like, okay, we'll let us know when that stops. And the brother's been paying Perfect Strangers insurance for three years.
Speaker 3: Ways, So.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess if you haven't told how how much money is that you just don't notice. That's insane. He might have had like a big insurance package. Yeah, payment went out every month for wild Okay, I'll waite hundred dollars at em as a number nine six nine six.
Speaker 3: When did you wish that you had insurance?
Speaker 2: Life and health insurance? The revenue worldwide five thousand, five hundred and thirty one billion dollars five thousand billion, so it's gone up nine hundred percent. Insurance in New Zealand since the year two thousand and some people now are getting rid of it because you know, everything's so tight, the costall lovan and it.
Speaker 3: Feels like you don't use it. Yeah, right, it feels like it sits there.
Speaker 2: There are so many messages for people who have messaged in about the times they didn't have insurance. Yeah, that's what we want to know, those stories when you wish you had it? Kelly, what happened?
Speaker 10: My dog got a really bad in fiction in his chest and needed to sentially be cut open at a specialist bit in Auckland twenty.
Speaker 3: Two So, oh my god, no, no pin insurance.
Speaker 10: No, we were like, oh, we'll just put money aside into an account instead of getting insurance.
Speaker 2: How much was in that account when the twenty two thousand dollars bill came in zero that account? Pretty? Yeah, Kelly, did you seriously consider, do we have to weigh this up? Yeah?
Speaker 7: We did.
Speaker 10: He was only four, so he was still in a lot of life in him and they initially thought it was like some awful cancer, but it turns out was just in fiction and he's made a recovery, is happy and healthy.
Speaker 3: So it's worth it, did you it's not worth it?
Speaker 2: Hold his head sometimes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely should have.
Speaker 3: Just yeah what I could do with that?
Speaker 10: Twenty two thousand right now?
Speaker 3: Dog though he's a Lamb cross gspdest Yeah, a German Goods and Services text pointers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the encounters. Love that. Imagine GST on the GSP surgery Kellie, Thank you, Michelle. This is a friend that didn't have any what happened.
Speaker 7: So she went on this big individual overseas adventure. She was in Bali and before she left we said to her, please get insurance. So she got her insurance for being a solo, poor traveler. She canceled it just before she went over and she got in insanely insanely while she was over there, obviously no insurance, but couldn't go to the tourist hospital. They took her to the local one. Not an English word was spoken to surgery, took out her ovary at a hospital. Yeah, came out of hospital still insanely, insanely sick, had to fly her emergency home. Turns out it was her appendix that had rugged full body scan while they were in there to make sure no kidneys had been taken or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy speak English and appendix do sound the same, of course, just the same in the abdomen you can see the mistake. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Wow, a lord of money had to come out of that account, especially the flight time it was. They had to emergency fly her home.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was crazy. Wow, that is insane. Again, Get insurance, especially insurance is not expensive like in America or Europe and stuff. Harrowing tale Michelle, thank you some more messages. When do you wish you had insurance? Oh my, I think this is the greatest ad for insurance ever.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: I work with the police and the amount of people that come in reporting car crashes without having any form of insurance is insane. It's more common to not have it, apparently than to have insured. Can't It's crazy that we don't do what Australia does. And this compulsory third party is included in the registration and you're RIDI yeah, because how many times have you know people been hit by someone that's uninsured and.
Speaker 3: It's just a pain in the agean Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I came to my health insurance after having it since I was eighteen. Oh no, you'll never get there, No, because your pre existor. Yeah, when I was thirty four at the time, and I had never claimed on it, and it was getting more and more expensive, so I canceled it started twenty twenty three and that same year, six months later, I got breast cancer. No, I could have gone through the whole thing privately to get my treatment. Even though my breast cancer treatment was free through the public, there was a little bit of a wait time, and I believe I would have. Yeah, yeah, I would have. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: We do have a good public health system.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if something really pressing happens and you can go private with your health insurance, yeah, of course you didn't want to do.
Speaker 2: I've been the same. I was paying my health insurance all the time and I even thought do I need this? And then recently yeah, oh yeah. I've had multiple examples of not having insurance. Lost everything in a house fire one two medical that wasn't covered publicly in New Zealand, so that was a private situation. Cost me fifteen thousand dollars. And my dog cost me ten thousand dollars because I didn't have pet insurance. I've got every insurance there is available to me now. Yeah, I took three massive lessons. I only took three expensive lessons.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My old colleague had his motorbike stolen and he went to claim the insurance and it turned out his ex wife had canceled that insurance policy without of knowing a tatar thirty thousand dollars bike. Oh wow, I wish I had insurance. When I crashed my brother's car, it was a three car crash. I had to pay fifteen thousand dollars to fix the other person's cars. My brother's car was intact, but still cost money to get it out off. A dollar a week, Jesus, a dollar a week. Okay. Found out yesterday I had the gene that husually increases your risk of breast and ovarian cancer recommended a double mis sector mean a hysterectmere's treatment. If I had the insurance, it'd be one thousand dollars excess. I don't, so I guess I'm off to Turkey.
Speaker 4: That's like that increases it by like you've got a fifty percent chance of getting it. It's so that gene is crazy.
Speaker 2: So Sweeny, have that good Jeanes.
Speaker 3: No, those we don't talk about that ad.
Speaker 2: It was about jot. My dad canceled his life insurance policy. Two weeks later he died. He was insured for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars that I disappeared. But I mean, it's sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear you dad.
Speaker 2: But the problem is it gets as you get older, it gets so much more expensive. So you can see why people are like a lot of people all live in the nowns. Get your money out. Yeah. My two labrador puppies had a punet of grapes each. Take them to the emergency to find out grapes are highly toxic to dogs hours and five and a half thousand dollars later to get their stomach's pumped. I had to say goodbye to the europe trip that year.
Speaker 3: Oh by Europe, Hi puppies.
Speaker 2: M Oh my god. Living as a nanny in the US and I didn't have medical insurance, I put a knife through my finger. What do you do? Just cut the finger off and put a bandage. You just a book a flight, you put a bandage on it, get a ninthe back and fly back to New Zealand.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Um. I worked Walt Disney in the early noughties and they had health insurance paid for by and had health insurance paid for by the company. If I ticked the box for trauma cover at an extra cost of one pound forty seven pence per month, I would have got one hundred thousand pounds. When I was diagnosed with testicular cancer four months later. I'm good now though, Thanks for asking. Yeah, we were. That was going to be on next question. Yeah, yeah, how the balls?
Speaker 3: Ball? Do you keep them? Keep them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You get sticular, it mightn't have to get one. Rid of one, get of one, get rid of one. I had pin insurance for ten years, was tying up the budget, canceled it. No, no, no, so much story. Two months later I bought a Collie ruptured to cruciate. Yes, but then you also hear the stories on the flip side of people that get insurance like health insurance or whatever before they need it, And then there's a fire or they get diagnosed with something and you just like wow, totally said, hold on, grapes are tops into dogs might literally walk under the grapevine, pulling them off and eating them in front of me. And I always thought it was really cute. Not so cute, maybe not, maybe not.
Speaker 9: It ems Fletch Vorn and Haley plays Ms flesh one and Hailey back the day, day.
Speaker 12: Day day day, Yeah, do do do do do do do do do do do do do doo doo do doo doo do do dooo dude do doooo doo.
Speaker 2: It's Accidental Invention week here at fact of the day, and we've covered a whole lot of things this week. Washer sire sauce yesterday.
Speaker 3: Which now you're considering getting as a permanent tattoo.
Speaker 2: I might get a tattoo of washer sized sauce bottle one to one scale.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: We've also decided a WASHERI sauce bitle will now be a unit of measurement here on the show. How many washer sized washes the source, I'd say probably about twenty and so that's a lot. Do you know what I mean? Is that how tall you think you are?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: No, not me.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying like I was just using it in a in a CI.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was going to say you that's you'd be real tall if you were twenty washesiety. Yeah, yeah, I saw a beautiful house high start. Well, what's the start on the eighth? Wow, that's a weird one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So today's accidental inventions antidepressants, oh.
Speaker 7: Daily.
Speaker 2: Sie Young were searching for better treatments for tuberculosis in the late nineteen forties and early nineteen fifties. They were trialing drugs ice and niaz it, bribers, briazo. Yeah, of course they were Zibit. Patients are trying those and began showing unexpected side effects. They were unusually cheerful and people whose lungs were riddled with tuberculosis.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They said the mood elevation went far beyond just feeling a little bit better from illness and pointed to an effect on the brain chemistry. So they studied the more and found that the compounds were inhibited monoamine oxidase, which has a medical acronym of mal m a O.
Speaker 3: Actually instantly happier.
Speaker 2: Not a meal. That's not a happy cat. Now it's got to be foul leading to the first class of antidepressant drugs, m AO or mal inhibitors. So they just kind of like stumbled across this while testing drugs areto tuberculosis and the chemical had a play on the brain.
Speaker 4: So then did they start trialing it in people with depression and whatnot? Yeah, and they were like this is way bet and it was like the era of the modern psycho pharmacology. Wow, that slipped out, nice, didn't that? Just pharmacology.
Speaker 2: I've been worse and the last I've been called worse. So yeah, today's back to the day is antidepressants were an accidenttal invention.
Speaker 3: Fact of the day, day day day day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, dodd DoD do do do do do doop dude do.
Speaker 1: Do play its flesh forn and Hayley.
Speaker 3: Now this is going to sound so familiar to I reckon so many listeners.
Speaker 2: I thought we could start a new Sigma, a whole new will, the whole new war. You tell us about the new things you're experiencing as you re into like the dating world.
Speaker 3: The dating world. Yeah, so I've been doing that.
Speaker 2: I've been doing that. Wait are you single?
Speaker 8: I am?
Speaker 2: That's crazy idea.
Speaker 4: So okay, I have been dipping a toe into just having some nice times with people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely not what a lovely way to put it. That was so elegant.
Speaker 3: Definitely not for anything serious or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Just you know me, I'm a social butterfly like company and a lack attention, and I will go looking for it.
Speaker 3: And something has happened to me that I'm so aghast and it's going to sound like I'm a big ego. I've been ghosted, unbelievable, used to it.
Speaker 2: This is just how dating works.
Speaker 4: So I've this has never happened to me before, and I was not anticipating it happening so quickly.
Speaker 2: I've been ghosted because you're Haley Sprout, who wouldn't message you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 4: I'm gorgeous and fun and funny. Oh my god, I've been ghosted. And I have been sharing this with the boys a little bit, like what did happened to I don't know. I'm not going to give him a code name, John.
Speaker 2: Okay, John tells us nothing about him.
Speaker 4: John and I matched on a website on an app that are all new to me.
Speaker 2: Kinder right and like mad huh, like they're mad, like crazy. It's a crazy world.
Speaker 3: But I matched with John on a dating app and we met up.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I really like this because he won't tell us the story is on here about his dating apps. You don't want to hear. They might get a few story. I'm sure people would want to.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's a few messages. I'm coming in. You may want to visit my ownta gram. There is a post.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So I's not born. It's not.
Speaker 2: It never has been in any aspect, it never will be. Yuck. That's why passion his sister. It's never happened, it never will. No offense, no offense. But I'm I'm the only one that's had fun times on my couch, not these two. I don't want to make out with anybody on a couch that's been eaten by a catch, couch has been destroyed by a cat.
Speaker 4: I have standards, So I hope this is going over so many people's heads. Anyway, I matched with John on the dating app. We met up for drinks and had a really nice night. Then we went out for like a proper date dinner at like a nice restaurant.
Speaker 2: John paid John. John paid for the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Anymore, and then gentlemen John and I I would say hung out maybe four or five times afterwards at you know, in a lovely.
Speaker 2: Way, four or five times afterwards I am knew talking about that Gentleman John M John and I great.
Speaker 4: And then Hayley got a bit busy, you know, so it was like we're just sort of and so did gentleman John.
Speaker 3: So there was like, oh, like are you free here? No, I'm not, but maybe here. And then I was like are you free here? And oh maybe I'll come back to you. And then I was like, nudge, nudge you are you free because I'm again to hang out nothing, And I was like, okay, busy gentleman John's busy.
Speaker 2: Gentleman John's josted you.
Speaker 3: And then that was maybe like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: And then how many times can you mission with no misery? Because I said stop messaging Haley, jesus.
Speaker 4: I think I tell I think I taxt one more time, maybe a week ago, saying like hello, bit hey, busy boy, Like how are.
Speaker 3: You thus confirming?
Speaker 2: Gentlemen John?
Speaker 3: John josted me, how dear? He just get used to it.
Speaker 2: This is what happens, and then like who'll just missed you three months and three months time, like nothing is happening, gentlemen, John, and you were like, okay, come over and then you'll ghost you for six months and then pop back up and you were like, yeah, let's do it. Are you okay? What happens?
Speaker 1: So you work traw me.
Speaker 3: I just was like, this is so fun, Like this was so light and easy precy. Now I'm like, this is harrowing. What did I do? Was it me?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Was it something about me? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Welcome to the world of dating.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the world of dating. Don't you ghost me, John?
Speaker 2: And don't you dare jose me?
Speaker 3: John? John, You're Joseph.
Speaker 1: Plays Zim's fletch Portan.
Speaker 2: Well, this will scare everybody into going back for a Natalie Portman buzz cut or a Karen Knightley. Oh, I was it Karen had the pixie cut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm considering it. Really Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd love to show your move with the face. Let yours now, scientists, I won't dwell on it, scientists savage wow, scientists, Come on, guys, grow up, leave me alone. Play George's and Georgia Burts and who does the day shown for new listeners I will just before I get into the dat. You can play some songs to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah we are every day, She's that song dejavo.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Scientists that Perdue University have found that using heated hair tools like straighteners or curlers, when you've got product and you're here, releases a massive amounts of toxic nanoparticles.
Speaker 4: And you do have to put product in here because you should be using like a heat protector on your heat sprints it with a protector to the worst, but we're protecting the heat leave in.
Speaker 2: So you're like your shampoos and the products that you leave in, not your washouts that your shampoos and your conditions, but leave in products and heat protecting products produce the highest emissions. Ten to twenty minutes of style on your hair. Using a heat product like a straightener or a cooler can release ten billion nanoparticles, which is the equivalent of standing in the middle of heavy motorway traffic and taking big, delicious, deep breaths. Wait, so, but what if you use your leaving products straight in your hair for twenty minutes and then walk to work in heavy traffic. You've done it twice.
Speaker 3: Your double band double band and your lungs, right, okay, correct your lungs.
Speaker 4: Because all we're doing is trying to protect the hair. We're not concerned about the.
Speaker 2: Lung You're going to watch the lungs because when you're the heat at one hundred and fifty degrees celsius, which these things are, because I've accidentally touched one when it was left on once. I mean, leave it open over the toilet flush button on And why wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you, Why wouldn't you, Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: That sounds a great place like a real life game of operation. Really well, the.
Speaker 3: Toilets ceramics, so it's heat resistance.
Speaker 2: You can just just leave it on there. Yeah, no, but the fingers have to go to flush the toilet anyway. It vaporizes volatile chemicals and hair products, especially silo zanes like D five silo zane, which five is the worst silence on T five and then the silo zanes from D five through to seventeen silo zanes that then form harmful airborne particles. So then they are in the air and you're oh my god, I look you're breathing them in. They can cause respiratory stress. Lung inflammation, cognitive decline might potentially damage to the liver and nervous system.
Speaker 4: But here's my question, what doesn't everything's killing us? Are We're not allowed to have nice wavy here?
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Apparently not a nice styled here.
Speaker 2: The recommendation is limiting product use, avoiding combining them with heat, and always ensue a good ventilation while stolen. You here so much like potting plants. Maybe because you're doing in your car. You do you hear in front of a fan, yep, No, but the heir.
Speaker 3: Will be moving. It'll be impossible. Yeah, he will be like flowing back and you'll be like trying to get.
Speaker 2: To the you're hearing a wind tunnel, but like an oscillating fan, just to get the bad juju alway, you know that when you stop styling, Yeah, until it goes fast and then starts starring. Do it outside?
Speaker 3: What here is straight and outside can When you straighten you here, your arms get to work out. You get hot and sweetie, you're not going to do it out in the sun outside.
Speaker 2: No, but you're luffing and puffing. That means honestly, you're breathing more of the toxins that's fine, Fine with it.
Speaker 3: You get an arm workout, though, so surely you're getting.
Speaker 2: Ftter while you do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're getting jacked lungs or the muscles. Yeah, lungs are looking good.
Speaker 2: I need to take all of the board and have a good hard thing over a vape. Oh yeah, you vape. Don't even worry about these these horrible flavor you vapen today. Another one in the bag.
Speaker 5: It's a Basanci bag as well.
Speaker 2: If you enjoy that, give us a writing and a review, and be sure to tell your mates you don't sound sincere there, but I'm just reading what's written here.
Speaker 1: Play Zidims, Fletchbourne and Hailey