Speaker 1: Life in the Export Beer Gardens studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the bar for here.
Speaker 2: This is the Agenda Podcast for the last day of July.
Speaker 3: The Agenda Podcast the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport Vulture.
Speaker 1: The Department of Conservation are coming for us. They are well us and Radio Herdaki. And that's because of is it dead dead naming it to call it the boj Hawk.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, look about ten years ago a member of staff here purchased a stuffed hawk or falcon with its arms a blaze, like it's just about to attack and pick up a baby rabbit from the desert road or about to drag off a dead possum that have been squashed on State ho And you know we're talking about those birds. Yeah, yeah, And it's been our mascot for quite some time with the Bojars hawk, and then I think it was something other hawk, and it's been around with us and around the studios for a long time. Someone has taken offense that we have a native stuffed bird in our position, and apparently you need a license to possess a native stuffed animal.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because when we purchased it from a second hand shop, Yes, they didn't have a permit. No, an idea say that people listening to this will have taxiderm in animals that they've found at random secondhand shops.
Speaker 2: They will not have permits for them either.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: I've got a native little little native unger stuffed, you know, next to a.
Speaker 1: Big trout right my house, allegedly alleged. I haven't got it.
Speaker 2: No, it's light.
Speaker 1: That's a license for it. So they are coming for our baby. Yeah, they want to take our baby off us.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they want to do with it. There's a couple of suggestions. You you had a good one. Let's release it back into the wild. So we'll go to a big cliff top and just have it off, set it free.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's the problem about releasing captive wild animals is that they're often not fit for that life anymore. Nah, this one, and the problem is, you know, it's been domesticated for so long that's not going to be able to readjust the while. But the other problem is we still need it. We still need a hawk around. So yeah, we could get rid of that one. We're just gonna to shoot another one to bring it in back into the studio.
Speaker 4: Totally, or if they threatened to take our bouge.
Speaker 1: Hawk, which we can we can did name it.
Speaker 4: It is what it is, That's where it came from. I'm going to go full mega mind. You know the dude whos got his three kids up in Maracopa, Me and Hawker going there. I'm going to go Bush. If they come for me, I'm going Bush. I'm going to rob a bank on the way, steal a couple of four by fours, and we're going to go Bush.
Speaker 1: Me and Hawk, just me and him and all of the locals will know exactly where you are, but they'll protect your career because they're a member of the community.
Speaker 4: Well hopefully you guys will. Yeah, oh absolutely, go little stash spots for me in Hawky.
Speaker 1: And when the Department of Conservation comes around, we'll be like, just leave them alone and and the Hawk are happy. Yeah, exactly, full hunt for the will people. Yeah, he's a good father. Yeah, he's looking after those kids. You don't understand the full situation. He's a good care of that Hawk. It's been close for many, many years. So we'll keep you abreast of the developments there because it is an ongoing to and fro. Yep, you know, there is talk that it may have to be given up. But over my dead body, I can't imagine the Department of Conservation foresaw this level of defensiveness from the wider acc slash holder.
Speaker 4: Has he not better things to do? Go kill some ferrets and shit?
Speaker 1: That's right, Well, that's all that's going to happen if we release this thing is a fear, it's going to get it. Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kills some ferrets and stoats and like stop them meeting our fat, lazy native birds.
Speaker 1: Someone's been dead for a while quite a while. Yeah, to be fair, I do reckon someone shot it, So I think that's probably there is you you.
Speaker 4: Reckon Nay, because the few of them that I've seen, I've seen a couple of roadside and I've just missed time.
Speaker 1: Their takeoff with a possum. Yeah, I know what you can You can't stuff those in pieces you.
Speaker 4: Can, because there's all this is just like a fiberglass. It's just they just skinned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't know anyway. The bullet hole, well you can patch over a bullet hole. We'd tough to patch over one that'd been run over anyway. Anyway, we're gonna fight for it. You will fight for it.
Speaker 4: We'll keep you updated on the saga of the Hawk and what happens.
Speaker 1: But like I said, over my dead cold body, hashtag, hands off our Hawk. Yeah, you've been in the headlines as well this week.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't even know, but a sick to me. There was a va sect to me chat going on.
Speaker 1: Front page of the Herald this morning when one page when I logged in, I think it's I think it was serving things that I thought.
Speaker 2: Would apply to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's a photo of you, and instead of the ship hat, which I know to be you getting a vasectomy while commentating a game of cricket at the same time, it looks like something else. Doesn't look like that at all. It looks like someone I may be receiving oral pleasure.
Speaker 2: That's not what I got from it. No, is that what you look like?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That is not what I got from that facture at all. But I don't know, So what was the story? I didn't click on the headline.
Speaker 4: I know it's because obviously years ago, quite a few years ago, maybe eight years ago, seven, how's my son?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Seven, seven to eight years ago.
Speaker 4: I got a sect to me and did a live commentary at the same time as New Zealand, Australia even Parks, so as my vast difference were being pulled out and quarterized, I commentated that game for our world first. It just so happened that the schedules aligned. I booked it in and in Wells Goes. That's the same day as the Ussie game show how about you commentate while getting a sectomy.
Speaker 1: Key difference was I couldn't go.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get the full hipronole like most guys get, you know, the date rape kind of.
Speaker 1: I don't really know what's going on.
Speaker 2: But right, but I had to commentate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the guys like, I won't give you that because you I don't know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: You, I'll give you a little bit of local. So once he heard what you did say, did he say, well, I might as well have given you the drugs.
Speaker 4: Nah. He was quite good. He was cracking the jokes. Actually, Gerald Young City met highly recommenced soft hands. He was started making the jokes like yep, left stump removed, I'll just and he goes, I'll just pass the middle stump and head to the off stump, and I'm and I was like, I was like easy on and poor jo Jury had to film the whole thing. So yeah, he's never recovered anyway. Long story, I think there was a reporter. I think it was Greg Bruce. I want to do an article on the sect to me, because I think he's getting one, and there's some research around. Men are generally not keen on it, yeah, because there's some sort of psychological block around. It's scary, well, and people think that you're getting car strated, you know, like there's something happening to your manhood in terms of your manhood's being taken away.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: All it is is one pipe has been removed, and that's the pipe that gets you in trouble.
Speaker 2: I E.
Speaker 4: Pregnancy. Yeah, that's it. You're still you're still blowing. You're still blowing, but please stop.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 4: Well, people think the tap goes off completely.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. Yeah, right, No, I didn't think that. I just I just don't on some block coming towards me with the sword.
Speaker 4: Nah, it's not like that either. It's not even there's even stitches.
Speaker 2: Do they put do they put? Here's how I imagine it.
Speaker 1: They pick you up and they put you on a fence post with your leg's play, and then they put your corn purse on the fence post. And then someone comes down got a heated iron thing. They pull it out and they yep, that's exactly how they do it. And then they let you off into the paddic and you we tail wags and you run off into the distance your mates.
Speaker 2: Is that how it.
Speaker 4: Works mainly in South Canterbury, but everywhere else it's fairly painless and fairly easy.
Speaker 1: Here's one question, and I would kind of prefer the answer was the only use or no, I don't want too many details. But could you smell it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, took Joe Jury. Joe Jury's in the room.
Speaker 1: Can still smell it. He can still smell you.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: That's one thing about of a sectomy, and it's well worth getting if you're done with having kids, like like I definitely was, because now there's no worries in the world around that side of it. But you will never ever forget the smell of burning flesh when they caught her eyes, because they what they do is they go and hook and they pull out the vast difference which is like a little tube, and they clipped by the side and then they cut it and then they sold her both ends and then they let it go and it goes back up into your into your testicles and you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the smell is not it's not good. And just the way local anesthetic. Yeah, and then obviously the drugs that they four went on your particular procedure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was the drugs were okay, it was just a little local but that was fine. It was fine, it was it was mildly uncomfortable, Yeah, but I highly recommend it anyway. It was an article to just kind of raise awareness and you know, try and break down some some of the some of the stereotypes and the stigmas surrounding you're getting your balls operated on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's the part that would terrify man's just I don't know how much it hurts to get hidden there by anything. Yes, what was the recovery like a sponsor drugs were off?
Speaker 2: Did it feel like that for about.
Speaker 4: A week you feel a mild discomfort, like like you've been kicked in like about ten minutes after being kicked in the balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that, just darl ak. You're aware of it. You have that darl ak for about a week and then it's gone.
Speaker 4: But I'm glad that he included details on how many times I had to ejaculate before getting tested in the New Zealand Herald, and also included the part where I said, and my wife was only involved in two or three of those, because you've got to get rid of twenty before you get tested, Yeah, to see if it worked. And I remember telling my wife I was going in to get tested, and she goes, aren't you supposed to get rid of twenties?
Speaker 2: And I was like, she's like, you've only done two.
Speaker 1: I remember giving the greatest line going doctor's orders.
Speaker 2: Was a hot water bill so high this month?
Speaker 1: Where's the tray?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: I thought it was my hair blocking. Oh, we'll go and check that story out on the Herald or don't or don't you've probably heard too much already. Yeah, and in other news, you were you were asked or selected randomly to do jury duty with Yes, I was last week. I was, But you were a crooked last week. Yeah, I was so crooked last week. And then also in the weeks beforehand, I said I can do it. I don't want to, don't worry.
Speaker 4: I want to do it, to be honest, and I got excused and looking back at it, I would have been smack banging to the old polkinghorn eye doctor myth related hanging?
Speaker 1: Was it a hanging? Was it a murder at the bottom of the stairs. There's Yeah, there's some pretty heavy trials going on. Yeah, but they could have been I think, because you know, the lawyers get a chance to veto some of the jurors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon, you would have got vetoed so quick.
Speaker 1: Why I don't know.
Speaker 2: They were just looked up and they were like I was rit in the Herald this morning.
Speaker 1: I saw a photo of you get a viscay and the Herald while commentating a croocket game. I don't know if this is the guy we needed our in our jury.
Speaker 4: Also, I got a what's he got an issue with? Not an issue but as a big hand job man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Department of Conservation or after him? That's true. Actually, yeah, a lot of red flags. I am. I've always wanted to do jury judy. I got called up to do it once down there in tomorrow I took the day off and went in to you know, served my community and I showed up and I was waiting around outside and the security guard was like that didn't open the door, still ten whatever. I was there for about fifteen minutes. He goes, well, what are you What are you here for? And I was like jury Judy. And he had a look of surprise on his face. He's like, oh, oh, I thought you were high face chat. Yeah, that's right. And he goes, oh, what was the trial? And then I gave him the number because they only give you like a number or something. And then he goes, no, that guy pleaded guilty last night. They're not going to do a trial now.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh fucking where was the emel.
Speaker 1: I took a whole day off work, so anyway, went straight down the pokies and it was a great day off.
Speaker 2: But I would I would love to do jury Judy.
Speaker 4: Well there's another issue as well, which I think is where you would come unstack, and that is each day the judge reminds the jurors not to.
Speaker 1: Discuss this trial outside of this room.
Speaker 4: That's going to be an issue for you big time you en up on a Pocast'll be like.
Speaker 1: Don't go onto a podcast or commentary or broadcast of any type.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Right? So, bloody, run this person out, any body stay at this person that there's a shooting, like you know, respectfully, you're on it.
Speaker 2: Do you know the numbers this will do on my podcast?
Speaker 4: If I can retail this story, how I'm going to get a lot of likes? A lot of likes can on the Polconhorn eye doctor myth think but on getting your eyes operated with a guy who's on high as a kite on myth.
Speaker 1: In his defense, I would rather that than he was drunk or stoned, okay, because the focus.
Speaker 2: Would have been hyper you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, I know we'll talk over half the world or myth.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean well though, this hasn't either. This is all the llegial yeah, but on but as it reminded me of when Michael Clark's marriage fell apart or whatever was going on. It was that video that came out and he was like it was with Carl Stiff and yes, yeah, so he's with the bloody Breakfast good morning hosts. Then there's this check and she's going, oh, so you're telling me you didn't cheat on me with bloody Stiffanie from down the road on July the thirty first, in twenty fourteen or something.
Speaker 2: She had all of the details.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, yeah, there was, there was a better I can only imagine the myth would have probably calmed them down at that point.
Speaker 4: I'm just waiting for all of the patients to come forward and going, hey, I got isee it my eyes aren't fixed, or you know what I mean. I'm waiting for some around his medical career to come out as well.
Speaker 1: Allegedly allegedly. I've got to remember he's still on trial, so this he pleaded guilty to the myth stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Reportedly, yeah, reportedly reported or allegedly did you re to report that told him? Do you find them find out with the difference of allegedly and reported if there was, if you read it it's reported, what if you heard it alleged?
Speaker 2: What is that? Right?
Speaker 1: So I don't know, don't ask me.
Speaker 2: I'm not the fucking This is what I was trying to say the other day.
Speaker 1: I don't know all I'm doing this. It's good day. You should have stuck to you. You should have stuck to you. I'm trying to cover our ass because you've just said that how many other victims could there potentially be of this guy. I'm just saying alleged reported and Mike Lanes, did it not make medical misadventures? I'd like to distance myself with that. Did you watch any of the Olympics last night? I watched a bit of judo. Bit of judo? Oh did you watch the Gold Channels? It when your players and then they went to the judo. Yeah, yeah, a little bit tedious. It's kind of like UFC bit, just a bit ship it's like slap fighting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's kind of it's it's you can tell that those guys are weapons underneath their dressing gowns. Yeah, and the next move is UFC once theylene had a strike, because all it is it's grappling. Yeah, dude, I was just you've got to throw the other guy to the floor. Yeah, that's all of it. And they got mess cauliflower is I wouldn't mess with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I watched the Under eighty one kg and I was like, that dude from allus is not under eighty one kg's but he maybe at the start of the DONA.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh yeah, started the tournament, he would have been desperately dehydrated and then swow back.
Speaker 2: Up to about one hundred killers.
Speaker 1: That was about as much as I watched.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I got really I was gutted because I'm parenting alone at the moment, and I was gattered because I'd lined up the six pm triathlon. Oh it's babysitting. And I was like, and I got them all excited. I said at dinner, Jarmi's tea putting what I said, I'll give you, put it on the couch, Hayden Wild, it's going to be on.
Speaker 1: Then the alert comes through on I was.
Speaker 4: Like, you're literally poos posing the river. Yeah, And they was like, wasn't it on? I was like, poosing the river.
Speaker 1: So it's been delayed twenty four hours, so it's still scheduled to be going tonight.
Speaker 2: But they're still going to be poosing the river tonight. Just do it.
Speaker 4: And he's in there, that Aussie guy goes, I'm made. I don't care what's in that river. Yea, these poos whatever, I'm going to win the goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah fucking a yeah, like yeah, you'll get crooked.
Speaker 4: But after Yeah, I want someone on stage gold medal, the pants bombing but still stoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like, if you're going to be in the hospital, you might as well have a gold medal around you. Nick so Hadden while potentially got a chance to do that.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: I watched the basketball so the Spanish played the grease the Greeks last night, and I just loved watching because some of these European teams, they've got dudes you've never heard of. There was this guy Yule last night, Spanish gentleman, thirty six years old, and he was torching the Greeks and he just he just looks like a plumber, you know. Like I'm so used to watching the NBA where everyone's getting paid billions of dollars and they're wearing gold jewelry, gold jewelry haircuts, they're look incredible, they've got the cool shoes on, and this guy just comes out looking like just a Tradeye.
Speaker 4: Have you seen some of that European League footage of those crowds.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're insane.
Speaker 1: That's like put the NBA to massive shame.
Speaker 2: There's like Fleers.
Speaker 4: Going, yeah, this is like football they're bouncing up and down's.
Speaker 2: Shaky and like just brutal, I know, And that's what.
Speaker 1: So then the Americans try and ship talk dudes like Jokic and who's a man? Don Chic, and they're like, have you seen what like what we were playing in before he came here?
Speaker 2: This is fucking nothing.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've got some Hollywood celeb throwing barbs at me on.
Speaker 1: Courtside at the Smoothie King Center. Yeah, it's like a skim It's that's okay. I've dealt with worse. Yeah, but I just thought that My key takeaway from that game was obviously, in Spain and Greece, they'll have a full commentary team commentating those games, but we get the Australian feet and it's Spain with grease, so there's no team in it. So it's just one guy commentating by himself from start to finish replays. He had to do a halftime show, he had to do like fill in when they call a time out, and he was just just struggling, just struggling to keep his head above water.
Speaker 4: I heard one commentator obviously had notes that one of the athletes had came from a broken up family and was brought up by his grandparents. And it's like he just threw it in the middle of the commentary and I was like, because obviously got notes on of the ads in this like fun fact brought up by his grandparents, abandoned by his parents.
Speaker 1: He just ron Yeah, it was like in the swimming I think, yeah, John Anick from the UFC was a shocker for that.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 1: There was a there's a clip of him being like both fighter like such and such in the blue trucks, such and such in the white trucks, both fighters fighting custody battles outside of the ring.
Speaker 4: Did you see the Brazilian was at the Brazilian peer who'd finished their They finished their sports, and they decided having a night out in Paris. They snuck out of the village and one of them's being sent home, the female of the partner, and because she got a bit feisty during the questioning and abusive, they her and the boyfriends apologized and he got to stay with her.
Speaker 2: He gets to stay on for the closing.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: But they've done this sport though I don't get it, and so some teams have got protocols where I guess even you finished. You can't go out in the weirds that we were talking about. Yeah, I guess it's just keep your head down. If you want to go out there, that's fine. I don't want to hear about you in the newspapers. Yeah, because I think if we go to like when we go to Germany.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think if I went out, like say, we had organized events and I was like, hey, I'm just going to go to this other place, I think you would tell me.
Speaker 2: Fine. I just don't want to hear that you've done it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear of what have been pulled out. Yeah, yeah, that's right, or you're getting sent home, so I reckon that's what it would have been. It's like, all right, but just don't and then she flattered the roads. Anyway, let's take a quick break and we come back. We'll go through all of the latest news from overnight at the Olympics, including our first middle I'm sure that Tea's didn't hold too many of your hostage, because you know what it is, the Blackfan sevens. They won this morning, Yeah, they beat Canada. I this morning set down and watched all twenty minutes of her replay of what I thought was the gold medal game. Turns out it was the last time they played in Madrid a year ago.
Speaker 2: Beauty, But I think.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say it was a foregone conclusion that we're going to win this one. But I think we expect the Sevens to win. Yeah, especially when Australia got knocked out by Canada.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then the Canadians made the final. I think most was like, oh, yeah, it's ours. I think we're on here.
Speaker 1: And in the end we did a stirring hucker that's doing the rounds on social media despite the fact that you're not allowed to repost anything anywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't do it. Do you know what I happen? Well, people come through the windows and slit your throat. If you share any content that is not permitted, you're dead. Okay, you're deader than this hawk.
Speaker 2: The social media blackout is outrageous.
Speaker 1: But yeah, our girls finally well not finally, but we finally get on the board with the gold medal.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, they were down. They were down at halftime. It was a bit. It was a bit squeaky bum if I'm fear. At half time, I was like, oh, these Canadians can play, but then they shut it out. They just absolutely dominated in the second half and closed it out.
Speaker 1: Good on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God bless them. And they're good fun.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, they're a good fun team for media.
Speaker 1: To talk to.
Speaker 4: They they're actually it's quite a refreshing approach for a bunch of othery'.
Speaker 1: Obviously we're all very good mates as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they get on like a house on fire, which helps, so that energy comes across when they talk to the media.
Speaker 1: They don't, they're not. Yeah, you're right. The dudes can just get so like intense. Hey man, just relax. You're playing sport for a job. Yeah you know you won, and they're just like fuck, yeah, yeah this is me. Yeah we just won an Olympic gold again. Yeah. Just having the medal would just be so sick. Yeah, we would you put it. You'd want it on display, wouldn't you. I think they're still wearing them. Surely, surely you wear it to bed. You go for Richard Headley, You don't take your kid off. Yeah that's a good point. I I ran a half merathon and I still wear the middle every now and then. Jo jury Is still got haas on from when he was hospitalized in Queenstown. Yeah, five years agetting pretty nanky, but yeah the black fans. As we mentioned before, had Well has been postponed due to poose our rowers one just about everything last night. This is the thing I enjoyed the most watching last night was Emma Twig and her is that the single sculls with them?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She obliterated the field so much that two of the people she was racing against quit. Yeah, one of them, So it was Imma Tweg and then Daylight, then another girl in second, then another one and third. When the one and third got overtaken, she let go o the oars. She's weak. Immatweg obliterated the field so hard that two women reevaluated their career choices because when that one turned around, she I think she thought she was sickond And when she got overtaken, she turned around and she was just like, oh is that someone training down? Oh fuck no, that's she's in our saying, Oh, I don't know about this ruin thing. To be honest, this has never really been for me.
Speaker 2: I had a cap.
Speaker 4: First of all, there was a teen I think a ten year gap between uh, Emma Tweg and the girl that came second from Switzerland. I think yeah, But I got another issue with the commentator. I'm not sure if he was either good mates with him a twig or he got the last name wrong because he kept calling you a twiggy Twiggy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he was trying to be a bit too chummy.
Speaker 4: Was he, or was he getting confused with a singer Twiggy, perhaps because I say every second wind was Twiggy again. I mean, we call it twiggy, but I mean we're a sports adjacent podcast, and yeah, you're an Olympic commentator throwing out twiggy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like at least a thin veil of objectivity, you know, like I'm objective. I don't have a horse in this race. But yeah, he's like Twiggy. And I was like, do they call her twiggy because once she gets on them twigs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's over, you can't.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was so fired up last night watching.
Speaker 1: Her when that I was strutting around the lounge, was like, they shouldn't have let her off the bus. They shouldn't have let her off the bus.
Speaker 2: That race was over before she got in that fucking boat.
Speaker 1: They should not have let her off the bus. So she's got it. I forgot.
Speaker 4: I always forget how many races they have to do before reaching the final. Every night my kids go, is this the final? And I go no, And they're like, she won by so much, she should have an empty lane. She should have a ghost lane in her next I think it's the semi final now that she's in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's got You got to like four races to make the final. She won by so much, they should just leave her lane free and she'd just be like, look, she's into the next one. Oh and then if anyone coul plays like, what do you actually want a race it? Do you want to see how bad this goes for you? Because she's gonna obliterate you. But yeah, so then she's got another one tonight boy t mac as well, he got through Tom McIntosh. He's into the semifinals, which I presume her tonight as well. Emma twig one gold and.
Speaker 2: Three years ago.
Speaker 4: Actually no, when I say he was here ages thirty seven, she's gonna be the oldest middle she.
Speaker 2: Will be the oldest middleist in rowing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I know I got there wrong with the girl next to her, from Switzerland. She was twenty, so seventeen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There was another race after a man t mac and there was a bloke from like Mexico or Morocco or something, and he was just like fuck it on going healthilyather straight out of the gates and he got himself like a two boat lead. And this is a two clove a race. By the five hundred meter mark, he was already back down to third. But I just love what I'd do. Yeah, same here, That's what I'd do. Same here. I would fire a shot. Yeah, I'd just be like, I want to photo of me two boat links ahead of everyone else. Yeah, and put it on the wall. I'm not gonna win anyway, or I might let you never know, you might just get out in front and then and then keep going. The men's and women's double scullers have also qualified for their finals. So you know, we were saying there was a bit of a drought early doors in this Olympics.
Speaker 2: This is where we really get into our.
Speaker 1: Work, when our ass is on something hard. Yeah we do well, that's right, that's where that's the best that we do. So there's gonna be a whole raft, a floatilla of metals coming through very soon. I think the Olliwhites they lost to France, well, so they won't make the knockout round.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Simone Biles set the office on fire this morning with the replays of her performance that lead her team to gold in Paris. I saw a stat that she hasn't lost a competition in ten years, which which is a little misleading. Yeah, because that's because you initially think, oh, she's won everything. No, no, no, she's come like she got silver in Tokyo. You know, she's come third, fourth, six, She's just never come last. Yes. I was like, eh, and she also pulled out in Tokyo. Yeah, so it's like, yes, sure she hasn't lost, but it's like she also hasn't won every single thing that she was in. But she is incredible to watch.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Do you think if you had one shot at it, you could climb onto one end of that bar and walk to the other end and then dismount without falling off. If you slip off at all, even while you're trying to climb on, you're out.
Speaker 2: Do you think you could do it in one go?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, neither could I.
Speaker 1: I hapy to give it a go though.
Speaker 2: I tried it this morning.
Speaker 1: There's a bar at the gym I go to and I go a lot, and I tried to climb up on top of it, and I just couldn't even like start. I didn't even know what league to, like, you know, put up onto what side?
Speaker 4: Could you not just straddle it with your cock on balls and then just shuffle along like that like a dog with women?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that count? Or do you have to walk it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I think you have to walk it souls your feet.
Speaker 1: On the Actually no, I could do it.
Speaker 2: Once I get up getting up as the part.
Speaker 4: Once I get up, I'll give the ill wind the windows up a few times and like that. But I reckon I could do it, and the dismount would be magnificent, splendid.
Speaker 1: Just some of the stuff she does. The one was she spins around. I don't know if you've sent the slow moo of that. She's like on one foot with one leg out and she spins like Tony Hawk does at nine hundred on it. It's like, I don't know how you could she spent a whole life on those bloody things.
Speaker 4: Speaking Tony Hawk, have you seen those nine year old kids in the skate park. I have Oh my god, that good. I was saying this yesterday in the office. This could be a hot take for a Wednesday morning. I think that if your best athletes at a sport are teenagers, it means the sport isn't very strong because I think that the only reason because skateboarding is not really popular at the moment, Like back in the nineties peak Tony Hawk days that it was big. But now if you want to be a professional skater, it's it's pretty tough.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know so, I think if it keeps going this way, the best the medalists at the next Olympics will be in their twenties. You can't tell me that an eleven year old's better than a twenty one year old at skateboarding. Ah. They are, though, but only because people give it up at a certain point. You know, if you're twenty one, your parents are going to be like, hey, so this skateboarding thing. When you get jack that in and get a trade, well this might help and the Olympics might help it.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, that's what I'm doing. That's what you're thinking. But I think it's also the fact that they have.
Speaker 1: Very little fear.
Speaker 4: And they're like gumby rubber things who just like bend themselves over a pole and just get up and keep on skating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a big part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whereas an old older when I say older, anyone over twenty five is R Kelly's issues.
Speaker 1: These all sorts of issues. When we'd go on like a skiing trip at primary school, all I would do is just sit and watch the adults get off the bus. Because kids when they jump off that hit the ice and just slide underneath the bus and then just pop back up and keep going. But the adults were just like and then they can cast the shoulders done and all sorts, So I will give them that. At a certain age, it's it does become a bit of a thing. The other thing I've noticed, and this comes from last year being the voice of snowsports in New Zealand to now watching the skateboarders. If you want to worm a gold or win any competition and skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, I'll throw surfing in there. You've got to have a cool name. Yeah, you just have to have a cool name, and I don't have them in front of me. But the field for the skateboarding is today. Some of the coolest names you'll ever see, the Jossy Wells Invitational.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also yeah, also some of the coolest people as well. I just love the fact that the skaters just wear their ear pods. Yeah, and just like just baggy T shirt, Baggy T wearless in the AirPods, just like another day at the skate park.
Speaker 2: It would drive boomers insane.
Speaker 1: Does drive boomers insane? Wait till they watch the breakdown thing. Speaking speaking of surfing, Australian surfer Jack Robinson was rescued. It almost drowned over there in Tahiti, which you don't you wouldn't presume that would happen for a professional surfer. So there was a storm coming through and he got held under water for two waves and they could at a lot of time. It is a long time, and he said it was extra hard because he's an Olympic qualifier, so his heart rate is already through the fucking roof and then he gets held under and he's like anyway, they rescued him, brought him back and he went back out and he won. How Australians there, I think he beat John John Florence. I don't know if you beat him than that heat or the one before. Cool names, Yeah, exactly John John Florence, J Flow. Yeah, there's the what's his name Medina, Gabriel Medina.
Speaker 2: I'll see the photos.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the photo of Gravy on Madina?
Speaker 1: No, there's a sex photo.
Speaker 4: So basically he goes over the back of the wave and you know how sometimes they come off their board and go airborne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's basically him.
Speaker 4: Upright pointing at the sky and he's in the air and his board has come out behind him and it's just next to him. So he looks like g because he's suspended in the air with his finger on the cloud and his board just next time, it's the most insane photo. It's the photo of the Olympics, so I can't see anyone beating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is sick and another great name anyway, Jack Robinson. He's going to be in the final, I believe, against another Australian, so it's an all lazy final there and the surfing. Just finally on the Olympics, Coco Goff. She lost her singles match overnight. She had a They were calling it a meltdown. I don't think it was a meltdown. I also think it was fear. So what happened was someone, you know, her opponent, who I think was the girl who knocked Luluson out of Wimbledon. At the ball to her, it was very close to the baseline line. Umpire said, that's out. She yelled out the match. Umpire overruled it, but Coco Goff was like, what the fuck? So she didn't Yeah, I would have hit it. She didn't, yeh. So she didn't hit it. And then they said that she lost the point and she was like, what you told me? It was out? So I didn't hit it. It was too late. I had an offer to sho. I think, I think you've kind of just got to throw the shot. Then, yeah, I don't. I don't blame it. I don't blame you for blowing She just was just like, this is bullshit. You know, it was quite a tame blow up. I would have flown off the fucking handle. I saw a pretty lame headline.
Speaker 4: Same flag bearer blows up, obviously looking for a click from any country whose flag beer might have blown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I see it's tennis player who keys. Yeah, they blow up all the time, exactly. So that is your rep of the Olympics for this week. Don't expect to see that on social media because they will come for us if we post anything sleep your throat in the night. Absolutely they will. Just before we go to on air break, it is a Wednesday, and even though the Olympics are going on, we still need to hit you with another half baked sports idea, half bait sports on iDeer. I had one that I wrote yesterday and I've thrown it into the trashman this morning because my initial half baked sports idea was red zone for the Olympics.
Speaker 2: You know red zone in the NFL.
Speaker 1: So there's multiple games going on at the same time, but you just chuck on rid Zone and whoever's within scoring distance. Yes, that's the game that they put on your scraw Awesome. Yeah, it's really good for watching multiple games at the same time. So then they'll zoom out and they'll be like, now we go to the Carolina Panthers, they are on the so it's just you're just watching when people are actually going to score.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, that is exactly how the Olympic coverage should be we should just be all right, someone's about to win here, someone's about to win here. That would keep you engaged. Then I watched that Gold channel that they've got on Sky Open Laz was hosting.
Speaker 2: It last night. That's basically that. Yeah it is, it's just all of the New Zealanders.
Speaker 4: But also, but also with that, the reason I think you and I agree with you, the reason why you thought we needed it was because we're not in any gold medal.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 4: So for three or four days they've just been patting with you, Beckistan Judo and Australians winning gold in the fucking swimming pool again. Yeah, and so but I think from now on on that Gold channel, that's the idea. So anytime New Zealand are going for gold, they've already thought of it. Yeah, not a half bake sports I do. It's a fully back died there that the sky. I've already had it and they're doing it. So I've got another one. This one came Courtisy of Joe Jury with a flaming hot take. Yeah, basketball, soccer, and hockey should all be played at the Winter Olympics. They all winter sports. Why are we playing them at the Summer Olympics. You don't play basketball in summer. You don't play hockey in summer, You do not play soccer in summer. I would almost throw the sevens in there, but I feel like you do play sevens in summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they paid all year, don't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but rugby you.
Speaker 1: Certainly don't play in at the Commonwealth Games. Do they have a winter Commonwealth Games?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, they hardly have a common Wealth Games now, that's why they play the nipple of those ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Basketball, hockey, soccer should all be played at the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 2: That's my half bake sports.
Speaker 4: I'd argue also that ice hockey should be at the Summer Olympics.
Speaker 1: It's just indoors. So should ice skating. I feel like they are definitely winter sports.
Speaker 4: No, but everyone does it more year. Yeah, but I mean, can you go? Can you go ice skating in the middle of summer, not on an actual lake where it came from indoor arena?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 4: I'm all for maybe let's just roll them all into one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I've talked about Fight Island before, where they just do everything at the exact same swat.
Speaker 2: It'll probably be in Qatar.
Speaker 4: Freeze in island and kitar for this, for this sports, we'll make it all indoors. I think snow and ice generally winter, but I just think sport. Why why do we play these sports in winter until it's time to go to the Olympics. Now, all of a sudden they're at the summer Olympics. Makes no sense to me. I've lost a little bit of respect for the Games now that I've thought of that, And.
Speaker 1: I think that people will be listening to this and think we'll think of other sports that we haven't mentioned that you actually do in winter, like as judo, a winter sport. I think I think the IOC should be ashamed of themselves. It just it's money grabbing, isn't it. Yeah, it's all well and good to take the flags off the Russian athletes, But until we sought the real.
Speaker 2: Issues, you know, these games aren't going to mean anything.
Speaker 1: I love how the Russia efects. They're still there. Yeah, they're just under ai in athletes international neutral so they are from nowhere.
Speaker 2: It's them and the Belarussians, Oh, the beller Ussians that they've been been to.
Speaker 1: They have not to be confused with the refugee team, which is another thing. So these are people who have left their country but aren't allowed passports for wherever they're living right now, so they're representing their country, but living outside don't know they're representing themselves, so they don't want to represent their country. So what about the country they're living in right now, Well, they don't have citizenship in those countries. So that's why the refugee team it was quite weird because it's like you go back to your village and you're like, none of you are from the same place. Most of you don't even speak the same language. Half of them are living in England. And also they ain't going home and they ain't going home, so who's going to celebrate with them? But that's my halfback sports idea, basketball, soccer, hockey should be at the Winter Olympics. Snack Change Sports Scholarship byway Lane. Yep, we've got a few more opportunities for you to win this scholarship. Do you want to win that? Chip to three two three six and as someone who has spent the last few days watching sporting highlights while eating snaky chamion chips at my desk, goes good, goes real goods. It takes chip to three two three six when we come back from this air break.
Speaker 3: Yours please, yours please, brought to you by Leader Home of the LA.
Speaker 1: Four of them to get through so far today, Lane excellent, Let's get into it. First call of yours please.
Speaker 5: Just thinking Daniel Loder sacking awesome Kiwi versus Daniel Vittori. How how good God give one.
Speaker 2: Of them a ron?
Speaker 1: Is that Colinder Gronholm?
Speaker 2: That sound like him? Daniel?
Speaker 1: This is for the Greatest New Zealander of all time, which the bracket is being cooked up right now with all the votes from social media. There are some go there, some matchups. There's some pretty full on matchups in round one. I don't want to spoil it, but I think we I think should we launched this on a Friday to give it a good weekend to soak the greatest New Zealander of all time.
Speaker 2: I like Daniel Loader. I think that has to be in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can't have the only reason he's picked Daniel Vittori has got the same first name.
Speaker 2: Dan verse Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I don't mind that. There is an element of word association going on with these.
Speaker 4: And also, do you know what, you couldn't get a more polar opposites because Daniel Victory cannot swim.
Speaker 2: Ken Daniel Loader bowl spin.
Speaker 4: I guarantee not guarantee not so my mad interesting matchup there one maybe, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Colin for that. Another caller here yours, please.
Speaker 1: Just come up on the micro Fa Tour qualify Joey Parker. Jeez, yeah, I pick you out what you're putting down.
Speaker 2: Just the initial question was what are the teas and seeds for the Greatest New Zealander? And I actually don't think there are any?
Speaker 1: Is there any?
Speaker 4: Is there a coincidence? Because I just saw an advertisement for New Zealander of the Year. They're taking votes right now. They for New Zealander the Year. But you got it, it's gotta be a live and also.
Speaker 1: You've got a virtue signal massive lea to win New Zeander of the Year. Oh right, you know you know the individual accomplishment doesn't enough anymore? Yes, to be an element of charity?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, And they you know it's the one where they put the big quarterway on them and right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we need to get a quarterway for our greatest New Zealander of all time. We're really stealing their thunder here No and sees I don't think you know. The last couple of days I've been saying they have to be an actual New Zealander. I'm even gonna remove that. Yeah, it can be an icon. Yeah, it could be the Oakuni carrot, that's right. Yeah, if it means something to us as New Zealanders. And you know, off the back of this, we are going to petition for it to replace the queen on the twenty dollar note, which ironically on the backside of the twenty dollar.
Speaker 2: Note, you know what's on there?
Speaker 1: Hawk?
Speaker 2: Do they ever got a permit? Have they got a permit for that? Another caller here, yours.
Speaker 6: Please captain as grab here, I'm proposing we scrap golden point in the NRL or hate heartbreaking losses for the wars, Let's bring in golden gloves where if it's a draw it full time, each coach comes down and they go hellfully either until the other person knocks the other one out. Obviously, this wouldn't work back to back week to week if you were two golden points, and then it will fall down to his assistant coach. If he's had a scrap the week before, and then go down to the trainers and physios. If there's multiple golden points, bring back to bith.
Speaker 1: I'm mind this, but I think what's going to happen is you're going to end up electing a figurehead as your coach. So Paul Gallon will all of a sudden be the Kernala Sharks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, coach Gordon Tallis and Sunny Bilber suddenly appear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joseph Parker may be coaching.
Speaker 1: You're one New Zealand Warriors with an assistant coaching rank of you know, Andrew Webster and Stacy Jones and that. But yeah, I just think it changes because God blessed Wavy. I think that there are a lot of coaches that would dust Wivy if it came down to golden glove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rocky Stewart sort of pops the mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quite a psychotic individual.
Speaker 2: Runs purely on, purely on aggression.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea because I've for the longest time said the reason the UFC has blown up is because if you're had a rugby game and a fight breaks out on the sideline, what are you going to watch and you're gonna watch the fight. People find them exciting. People love people want to bring the Biff back into rugby league. Here's an opportunity to do that, settle it once and for all. Yeah, I love it. Golden gloves instead of golden point.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Another call I think is our last caller here for today?
Speaker 2: Yours please?
Speaker 1: Yeah you fellows.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm with the black Cats announcing their seasons and whatnot, being made aware that sledging is dying.
Speaker 1: In the game of cricket, which I'm not fucking happy about. So I think it's more to do with it.
Speaker 7: There's a microphone on every inch of that pitch now, so everything has heard. So let's put our head together and come up for a few more PC sledges that are still going to cut deep but fly under the radar.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Who wrote you.
Speaker 2: Must have heard some great sledging in your time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think you still do here some great sledges. I think it's more psychological now. Can remember when any debutante from New Zealand goes and plays in Australia, they just get bombarded by the slipboard and guard. It's okay, made everyone gets out for a duck in their first game. Everyone, it's okay, bro, you can you know everyone no one gets over five in their first test, especially over here, mate, so no one's going to judge you, So that there is that kind of sledging. It's not about fucking your mother and eating biscuits all that kind of quite harsh move hues kind of Now it's way more. It is the mental disintegration where they're almost being nice to you but saying your shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They used to call Grand Elliott and I was his nickname was Clubby because he wouldn't even make a club team in Australia. So they would make up nicknames for players and then explain what the nickname is to them. So it's not a it's not sledging as in like club sledging where you're just calling people names.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 4: And now it's getting quite deep into people's technique and what to watch out for. Mitchell Stark will be bowling and they'll be like, hey, watch it, bro, he's going to swing the first two in and second one he's going to try and see him away and catch the edge. And obviously you're being if you're a new bit. You're like, I know he's fucking with me, and the two swing too, swing out.
Speaker 1: He was right, yeah, So then the next time it's like, yeah, it would just completely the worst I ever heard. And it wasn't one of those ones where they just call you a name or ask you what Brian Laura's dictats like or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that.
Speaker 1: It was it was a jet reveal and Mitchell Stark bowling him and he said, if I bowl you out here, you'll never play for the black cat to get Yeah. If I get you out, yeah, this is your last game for the black Caps Animals.
Speaker 2: And it was and I just honestly I saw fear flash across his face. I was just like, fuck it.
Speaker 1: Gee.
Speaker 4: Reval is not a player that exudes confidence either. He is a very laid dude.
Speaker 1: He's a brickwall of a man, you know. So that's that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: That and even that, I think they're not even picking up on the stump mics because to go behind the curtains, they ride that stump mic level hard, so you don't hear everything. You only hear actually probably a fraction of what actually goes on on the field. That's why these calls for just turn it up and leave it up, because it's changed anyway. They're not abusing each other, but they are getting into each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think people love that.
Speaker 4: And if you had a channel, I don't want to do us out of a job because we're coming to you in the summer of cricket. I'd much rather listen to the stump mic than the commentation.
Speaker 1: Why don't to leave the stump mic up on our commentary and then we can walk away. Yeah, arguably less of us talking, which a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people unfortunately that are Unfortunately those levels are written by New Zealand Cricket, not by.
Speaker 2: The broadcast protecting. Yeah, yeah, they're predicting the players. But I agree.
Speaker 4: Sledging is always great and there's always the great everyone's got stories of the greatest sledge But like I said, I think it's changed slightly into that more friendly disintegration rather than straight out Murfeu's screaming and yelling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, great batch of voicemails there, keep them coming through for tomorrow. We'll knock this one on the head, but we will be back tomorrow for another throwback Thursday on the Agenda podcast, we'll see then.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you'll get your podcasts