Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by ex World Ultra of the Bear for a year. This is the Agenda Podcast for Thursday, the eleventh of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you my nextport a.
Speaker 1: Vulture morning late. It's coming home.
Speaker 3: It's not coming home. It's not coming home. England farted through to the final bat it's Spain. Are they going to do them?
Speaker 1: I think they might do. We went down to normal taps this morning. They were showing the Europe's Yes morning, we got down there for the second half. It was one, all tied in the first half and I've had a bit of success getting on the penalties. Yes, a team to win in the penalties. But right on the ninetieth minute, Ollie Watkins has there for a bit of football Knowledgeay, he scored off what you would call in the basketball world a post up and it was by the thinnest of margins. He kicked it just between his defender's legs and then just on the outside of the goalies extended there and they were done. And basically by the timing of that goal, it seemed because You couldn't really split either of those teams, could you.
Speaker 3: Now that were the first half was a lot different from the second for some reason, but I suppose it's halftime. He just the Dutch completely changed their game plan. Yeah, that's what I look like from a person who knows nothing about football, and being a very expensive game too, been a very defensive game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and the commentators were even saying like, neither team wants to lose this. It's one all. Yeah, so they'll be happy to not win it in regular time. What they don't want to do is lose it. And they only needed one shot and they took it and they got it, and so England's throw.
Speaker 3: Two one and you're right.
Speaker 1: I didn't really realize, like I was like, shit, the Europe's are big this year. But what it actually is is everyone's on England and England's having a good run because no one was in the Dutch except for Big Show. Bonnie Jensen is the one of the New Zealand Herald sports reporters. She's been on this podcast before. Yeah, she was in her Dutch top, chucked the jersey on about two minutes left to go. But yeah, that place was absolutely rocking. It was funny watching people having to sort of file off one by one and go to work. They looked so gutted some of them.
Speaker 3: Surely that's an excuse. But Monday morning is going to be even worse, do we know it? And kick off as it a seven am again, I would presume. So I'd hope so, because there's because sometimes there can be a four am and there were there there to bite ass.
Speaker 1: They've all been seven seven am so far, okay, So I think as long as the schedule's clear, yeah, I'm looking forward to that one on a Monday morning.
Speaker 3: It's a tough start to the week. I can remember the last one actually because I can remember us getting halllishly early to the pub. We'd booked the tables, myself, Joe Jury, Matt Heath, and I took my son along, Ralph, and we went and it was like a forty five minute delay because I remember all the people were rushing the gates and that was the that's the documentary. Oh yes, it's a check on Wimbley. And I had a bit of blowback because I think you actually it might have been Franky, the even younger one that I took to the pub as well, and we watched it. And then later in the week he was at school and he had to write down his favorite thing he's done in the last week, and he said, go to the pub with Dad on Sunday morning and watch football. And he presented it to the class in the picture of him, me and a screen at a pub. Oh, I think you might have mentioned having breakfast there as well. There's no context. There's no context either around it was for a sports event. Yeah, And I got a message from one of the teacher assistants who was a parent saying, highlight of the day was seeing Frankie. Right, favorite part of the week was been at the pub was dad for breakfast.
Speaker 1: It will be the highlight of your weekers, I'll tell you what. It's the highlight of your week, isn't adult?
Speaker 3: That's right? So yeah, Monday morning, Yeah, you better find a place to watch it. We'll be back down normal taps on Monday morning. But I'm sure there'll be places open all around the country playing it. Get into it. There'll be English fans will come from everywhere you watch them. There will be people who haven't even watched football before but are expats and all of a sudden, they'll turn into geezers and they will be down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were people like at this barther where at Norman Taps this morning, there were people that looked like they were like cosplaying as England fans.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They like had like a brown leather jacket with the swept back here and then the red jersey.
Speaker 3: And I'll try and find a picture of the one supporter. When they won, you know, they were panning the crowd and there was one guy. He had those glasses on that have got the Saint George's cross on them, you know, and he was gurning so hard he was like his jaws going this morning, Yes, did you see that guy? No, I was in that room. No, no, but it's no. It was on TV and they panned around and he was in the crowd and he was holding up a flag and just like his jaw was coming off.
Speaker 1: His face swinging for King and country.
Speaker 3: God bless him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was good to just get down there and yeah, bit of vibe going on. We missed that here in New Zealand. It's actually sounded Joe. On the way back from Norman Taps, I was like, there's been for as much as we slag off New Zealand for having no vibe and like always shutting things down. That's twice now this week I've been somewhere where it's been outrageous, like the Kensington that we were just out on the weekend. I've been saying to people all week. You know, these things often look quite big on social media. This was way looser than what it looked like. And we do it again this weekend. Post It's up to the it's up to the nol Sure to stand up. Yeah, that's right, Duned and have set the standard, and it's up to the North Shore to to Benny to get a head to the Postman's League and smash it a new one. But yeah, I don't think you need to top the needed.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a challenge. There is a challenge. That challenge we don't have riching wine and driving the bus. Unfortunately, you've got your pee class, haven't you forklift license?
Speaker 1: Little do So I'll be driving. I'll be taking a forklift with as many people as we can fit on it.
Speaker 3: You put a creative about ten people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, I mention more people on the back.
Speaker 3: All I've got off my mind is morning side for life. But yeah, ye came home. He came home hostless kids.
Speaker 1: That are pub on the forklift. So if you want to be Brotowns down to the grounds across across the Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 3: Ah Id Bay to see that, we pay a lot of money to be on the export express and overtake you on a forklift with like an apple crate on the front, with like a whole lot of all black supporter, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? He comes on people, people of the forklift. Bloody yeah, So bring you bloody useless of kids down to drive them across the bridge, the Harbor Bridge. Yet all right, the shot clock debate rages on as well. We're talking about going to the rugby. We're actually in the office this morning had a bit of a debate as to how exactly the shot clock works, because we're like, is it thirty seconds? Is it sixty? Is at ninety seconds? How does this work? So I've done a bit of a.
Speaker 3: When does it start? Does it start in the penal? And is it when does it start in the try?
Speaker 1: So the official wording is the kick must be taken within sixty seconds playing time from the time the team indicates their intention this for a penalty. Even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again, the sanction is the kick will be disallowed and a scrum is awarded. That's how the law is worded. This for a penalty. So from the moment the captain says kick, have a shot, sixty second starts. Now it's his playing time. So I presume that if the referee wants to, he can stop that clock.
Speaker 3: What if you're fart around for ages, Yeah, like Hyena, Davey McKenzie gets the tee and then dog Roll goes go for well lower kick. Yeah, there's going to be some god big gamesmanship. There isn't there. It does so well.
Speaker 1: Surely receiving the t as an indication of your intention to kick.
Speaker 3: Always that a tap and go trick. I don't know, I've seen it before. I've seen where they pretend like they're going to go for goal and then someone just taps and passes it to the winger and they score.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you ever played rugby O five, O seven or eight on PlayStation or xbox, but when you went for the penalty conversion, the opposite team would automatically go like fifty meters back.
Speaker 3: Then you tap and go.
Speaker 1: Well, you just kick it two meters in front of yourself and you're away. Or you could kick it over to the wing, or you could run one of your player's way offside and if they caught it, you'd get your own line out from up there. It was okay, sa and a try. Don't know, don't know about the try, but my understanding was it was ninety seconds from when the try was scored. Okay, but I could be wrong on that. But this is the thing. This is the most rugby shit ever. The fans don't know how it works.
Speaker 3: Also, I've seen something in the under twenties. I saw the French do something quite interesting. You can now take a mark from the kickoff, so you can mark it in the twenty two. And so this kid marked it. Why and then he tapped it and then he dropped to his knees before he left the twenty two took the tackle. They formed the rack at the edge of the twenty two when deep and the first five either half bat box kicked it back over halfway?
Speaker 1: Why why not just kick it straight back?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know it gives them. I suppose it settles that you've got a rack at the very edge of the edge of the twenty two, which allows the first five or the half back to then box kick even further down the field in safety.
Speaker 1: Why why are you allowed to market?
Speaker 3: Well so I think it's a new rule.
Speaker 1: No, But in general, why what's the point of the mark? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Otherwise people just hope it downfield, I guess, and just put the up and unders the whole time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did enjoy at the last Rugbyuld Cup when South Africa we're we're taking marks and then calling scrums. Yeah, yeah, there were the roofs. Oh you can do that.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, that's allowed. That's thing just allowed. Now oh I can't do that anymore. But you can now take a mark in the kick from the kickocks. I can't keep up.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I believe that we have issued a press release lane around the shop clock the shot clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we have our own shot clock within the ACC studio and that mainly revolves around taking shots. And look, there's been it's been so loose for so many years and with the mistigation of the visual shot clock. Now in with sky are going to put on screen. I think it's about time that we did the same for our audience both on radio and on TV. So press place is going out today for immediate release, so we'll give it to you here first, and that is the ACC to launch a shot clock technology. The Alternative commentary Colicktive is to introduce a formal in game shot clock for the first time this weekend's All Black Versus England game. Due to inconsistent timings around when shots were taken on commentary at the ACC Expert bier Garden Studio, a new, more formal approach has been adopted by the commentary team for the first time in the ACC's ten year history. A shot clock will be placed on screen for skysport viewers and a special audio queue for those on radio HDAKI and iHeartRadio to signal went a shot should be taken, should be taken so I mean, I mean I mentioned here. This just makes common sense because for far too long, shots have been taken too early, too late, and in some cases not at all, and this will ensure there's consistency both in the commentary box and across them. More to the innovation of the shot clock, cology will also allow ACC members to shorten and lengthen the shot clock depending on the state of the game itself. So it's about being in sync with the game really and it allows you, you know, when it's close, we can shorten the shot clock to allow the audience to calm their.
Speaker 1: Nerves with the shot there urgency, yeah.
Speaker 3: And vice versa. If the game is a blowout, we can then again shorten the clock. So it's really been about one with the audience and the state of the game a little bit. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: The technology will be trialed for the remainder of the All Blacks games covered by the ACC this year and is expected to be adopted by the Mad Monday team and the Warriors and throughout summer with the Black Caps team. So the shot clock is going to be set this weekend, so get your shot glasses out. We know there's been some unruly shots taken in this particular by Lee Hart sure in cricket matches. Yes, so that this is just a way of formalizing that so there's no confusion.
Speaker 1: It also does away with time wasting, yes, you know, because sometimes you'll put a shot in front of someone and then they'll pretend to start talking to someone beside them.
Speaker 3: Or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know that they're just dilly dowlying to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. May Heath gobbles the shot clock like no one gobbles the shot clock. Yeah, and he just looks at it and he goes off. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, them's going to talk to this guy over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when he wants to leave it there and it's just like nah, when that barzer goes yeah, it's down your gallup. Yeah, Okay, there we go. So that's going to be for the first time. We're going to make that formal this weekend again in the All Blacks match, So watch out for that one on six o'clock news.
Speaker 1: And we'll be releasing that press release as well if you want to familiarize yourself with the rules.
Speaker 3: So keep an eye.
Speaker 1: On our socials. We're going to take a quick break. We'll come right back to announce David Yuke's next opponent. Yesterday, it around lunchtime. Lane went across to sky City Casino where they were announcing David Nika's next opponent.
Speaker 3: Terrible place for you to attend a press conference. Got distracted, I saw your finger blasting.
Speaker 1: I got distracted. Big Red absolutely fleeced me over there at the casino. Berg red headed in for me, that was the name of the particular machine. You have had a good run on the Pokeies, I would argue, I would challenge you to find me someone who has had a good run on the pocas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a Pokey's man. I can't. Yeah, I can't get into the Pokies.
Speaker 1: Why not? I don't seem glove throwing random bits against the wall on the t BET.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like that's a longer, a longer game than just finger blasting. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I always say that I like to gamble on things that i'm watching, Like if I'm watching a game, then I'll put a bit on. Yeah, and when you're at the pokes, all you can do is watch, so it's responsible. Anyway, we went over there. I actually missed the press conference. Apparently Cliff Curtis was there. Ah, shout out to him, one of the greatest actors Countries ever produced. Is he fighting some one?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: I hope he's on the undercard?
Speaker 1: Well it was he that Yeah, saw widing a corporate there in the Hoisey. Anyway, we missed the thing. The announcement was he's fighting Blake Caparello, who was an Australian oh CAPI who goes by the nickname the Kiwi Crusher. He's got about six or seven different Kiwis that he's thumped throughout the years. He's thirty seven years old now. It's from Essendon, Victoria. His record is thirty.
Speaker 3: Four and one.
Speaker 1: I believe he's around fifteen KOs as well. Back in twenty fourteen he fought Serge Koblev for the belt back then. His last fight I could find was in twenty nineteen. I think he's had a couple since then, but he's now been announced as a David Nuka's opponent on September the fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Terrible nickname, the Kibi Crusher because there is a medicine called Kiwi crush, which.
Speaker 1: Is a laxative.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, I've been on the back end of you Kbi crusher yo. So it's a terrible nickname. He's named after a laxative. Yeah right, Kueby Keller would have been better. Yeah, yeah, no, I can't think ten eighty. It kills keys, isn't it? The stoke.
Speaker 1: Out of the Red corner firit.
Speaker 3: That's that's a way better nickname because it called the ways it called the stoke because he kills ke because he kills keys.
Speaker 1: Yeah that had been that would have been better because it's only in their infancy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So yeah, September fourteen. He, like I said, he's thirty seven. David Nika is twenty eight. The tail of the tape does not lean in his favor. David Yuki is about six foot six and he's an absolute specimen.
Speaker 3: We need to breed him with some some extreme athlete in New Zealand because he's a specimen. He is. He's dangerously good looking, he's got great chat, he's got a rock and bod. Yeah, he knock, He can knock sees out.
Speaker 1: He's a nice guy. Yeah, well we'll be aiming to knock this guy out as well. So we're hoping to get David Yuka on the podcast at some point down the track. Yep, I feel like we should get like an impartial boxing commentator on as well to sort of set the stakes.
Speaker 3: Yes, where are we? Who is this?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously we don't know too much about this Blake Caberella, gentlemen, were does he's sitting in the rankings. This is the beginning of David Yuka's road to the title. What does that road look like? How many fights do we think it would take to get him to the top. Yeah, and wh who would have to bowl over? But yeah, and just to be clear, he's in the cruise aweight division, that's my understanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and there is a couple below heavyweight.
Speaker 1: That's a few below heavyweight. Yeah, But the advantage for him is the light of the weight, the shorter of the dudes he's going to be fighting, and that's six foot six. You know, we'll be hitting them from the other side of the ring, So it's a it's a massive advantage for him.
Speaker 3: And you know he is, like you said, shredded six pack up, oh my god, and the green eyes.
Speaker 1: Jeez, frightening, frightening individual. So yes, September fourteenth, we'll try and get him on the podcast. Between now and then. If you are looking forward to the Mad Monday podcast today, well you're gonna be sorely disappointed. There won't be one, just because the Warriors aren't playing this weekend. I bother state of origin is still over a week away. Yep, So taking knee League fans, taking knee League fans. But it does mean we do have a med Monday hunch that we need to okay, we need to spank, and I'm going to get I'm going to get way ahead of myself and go on State of Origin next oh next week. Yeah, And I feel like it's hammer time. He has scored a try. He's about to sit a record for the most consecutive tries scored in games played, I believe, if not just origins. So anyway, he's playing two dollars thirty. I think he's gonna win. I actually think Queensland are going to win this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too. That's sick that game too, seeing to just a little bit of an anomaly. Yeah, I don't know at the moment.
Speaker 1: That's airb They are dollar eighty favorites to two dollars New South Wales, which I feel like that's good eating for Queensland. Yeah. But anyway, if they weren't, I think the Hammer scores. So we're going to Hammer time Tootles thirty.
Speaker 3: Then they're playing in Sydney.
Speaker 1: They are playing in.
Speaker 3: Sydney, Yeah, because I think the first game was in Brizie and they had that weird away one.
Speaker 1: Melbourne decided it should be away. If they're going to do a neutral venue, it should be the third game. Yeah, I don't really understand that one unless.
Speaker 3: It's a dead rubber and then there would suck.
Speaker 1: A dead rubber and a neutral venue. Yeah, I don't know, maybe that's their thinking, but anyway, I'm going the hammertime, so follow me in at your peril. It is Thursday, so we're going to bring back another fan favorite. It is Throwback Thursday, and today we're going back to the last time that England played the All Blacks at Eden Park. This was back in twenty fourteen. The All Blacks haven't lost there in thirty years. That's forty eight matches for those of you mathemagicians out there. And in twenty fourteen, the All Blacks won it twenty points to fifteen. And the team is relative that's quite close. It is quite close. And I actually thought when I first saw it, I was like, twenty fourteenth, not that long ago. These teams will be more or less the same. Then you reminded me that's fiteen years ago. So anyway, the teams read thusly for the All Blacks at fifteen, Israel.
Speaker 3: Dag the old Dizzy with the Messito.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think pre id Israel dag Ben Smith was on the wing, Ben smooth. This is back in the days when you just had to have Ben Smith on the field and it didn't matter what position anywhere, just get Ben Smith on the field. His twin brother Conrad was the Crackhead, one of the more one of the least deserved nicknames based on appearance, sure, but based on like lawyer rugby player, one.
Speaker 3: Of the smartest guys on the field. But he started rugby as a good looking young man and he finished it just busted with a face like a welders bench, like it was. It was intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by all accounts, a great guy. And of course his long long standing center's partner mar who's still playing over in US. I saw a photo of him in mat ghetto lighting up to play rugby, like that is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, he went and played on the East coast there for older and he.
Speaker 1: He played a couple of Yeah, he played like our game.
Speaker 3: Did he played for the documentary?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: He may have. I don't know. There is a photo of him sitting on the back of a horse fearback. It is iconic. It was well worth it. I think that was the only game they've won in a long time. Anyway, Corey Jane was on the other wing. Aaron Cruden was your first five. Yep, five penalties to his name, only only the one try scored in this game by the All Blacks, and that was to Conrad Smith as well.
Speaker 3: By the way, shitty lab gliding through a gap?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Did he between Herman Ben Smith? Yeah? Just I was just like snakes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, not like a massive step nah, they're not going to do you like one on one, but just the perfect angle. Yep. You find yourself out of place all the time. Aaron Cruden was your first five. Aaron Smith.
Speaker 3: Of how many Smiths in this is this the most amount of Smith's and his young team?
Speaker 1: Three Smiths?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in the starting starting fifteen. Ian Smith obviously didn't make the team. Didn't make the cut this year, No, but no, yeah, it must have Smith.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a time we had four Smiths in our team. The loose Ford trio is listed as Jerome Kino, Richie McCall, Liam mess Him. Oh, I feel like Jerome and Liam probably around the feels to me like though around the wrong way. But anyway, that was your loose for trio. But I was saying, we've or someone's saying the other day, we've been trying to replace Stroom Cano now for about a decade even were Yes, haven't really found.
Speaker 3: Well we kind of we kind of did.
Speaker 1: And a dear friend of ours, yes, Shannon Frazzel.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he decided to see out his days over in Japan.
Speaker 1: And Sheba Yeah, second in his in our OL Fantasy League.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then since he's gone, I got looking at him. If he came back next year, he wouldn't be far off that Jersey, would he. Uh Yeah, So Cano, McCaw miss him, Sam white Lock and Brodie Retellic. Where you were a second row, the second row goats, Yeah, powerful Owen, Frank's, Dane Coles, Tony Woodcock. Where you're front row.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a tidy you know, front.
Speaker 1: Eight Franks Woodcock, Yeah, that's the whole wood Pat.
Speaker 3: Got Caano, mccaur missed him, white Lock, Rettelic, Frank's Coles Woods.
Speaker 1: This is sort of on the tail end of when we had the US like forward pack of all time.
Speaker 3: All Blacks.
Speaker 1: Centurion Kevin Melamu finds himself on the bench Kroczilla's there with him, and Charlie Fama was in there as well. Patrick Evans Charlton was rounding out the Type five replacements. Victor Veto was on the bench. Have you seen the ads seen? No, it's a coffee brand and they've basically gone that old spice Remember the old spice ad? Look at you, man, look back at me, sadly he's not me. Blah blah blah. They're basically doing that. He's on a horse, his shirt line. I need to and he's there. He's doing all of it. The recently injured TJ. Perinado was off the bench as well as Bowden, Beirut and Malachai Fi rounded at your Beach for the All Blacks Powerful Team. A few different names in there that we haven't seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, while thy haven't heard that name for a while, he obviously went and applied his trade over in France quite early in his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think he basically got he sort of. Who's the other guy is? Charlie Piertower? Oh there's another guy, La Mappy. Yeah, you know there was all these guys who were just like, look, either you picked me in the All Backs. Now I'm just gonna bug her off.
Speaker 3: Like Lao Marpi delivered the greatest line after Hurricanes. Man, he goes to all those people who disrespected me, like you know, this one's this one's for you, almost like fuck you. Yeah, like where everyone went. Anyone was coaching, everyone was looking around, like the media and we were commentating it, and I think, goes can, did you just respect Lampi because she's gonna look, he's gonna kill you. But yeah, he goes I didn't. I don't know who hair.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone was like, yeah, he's mean. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was like a wrecking ball man. He's sawed one try. I think that was after a game. He like from fifty meters out and he bowled about four or five guys over and he looked down the camera and was like, if you disrespect me, this is what you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whoa Okay, someone flicked a switch.
Speaker 1: Holy ship. But anyway, Yeah, so he was another one of them that had to bounce.
Speaker 3: That's a good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hall of Fame Snapchack game as well, Mel figures.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh yeah, I've seen evidence of that.
Speaker 1: Vainy Mike Brown was the fallback for England. Marlon Yard was on one wing Mundy toy Lungey, who back in the day I did a tour of the Cadbury factory in Toneeding with Mundy toy Lunggy.
Speaker 3: Did you take it?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't take it. I was just on it and I didn't know who he was.
Speaker 3: But is this the guy he jumped off the ferry during the World Cup, oh Lungey.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. Kyle Eastmand was in there at second five. Left wing was Johnny May first five eighth was Freddy Burns, who you will remember from playing for the Highlanders just two years ago. Ben Young's was the halfback, Ben Morgan, Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, there's a great podcast going at the moment over there in the UK, Jeff Parling, Joe Launchbury, very English names, David Wilson, Rob Webber and Joe Marler, who I think is the only player from this team who's still in the team. Yes, then we get through Joe Gray, Matt Mullen, Henry Thomas, Dave Attwood, Tom Johnson, Lead Dixon, aggressive spelling, doc case and and Danny Cipriani, who hit the headlines again last year when he put his book out. Didn't he Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he talked about all the route and he used to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like he got through a.
Speaker 3: Amount of routin Chris. Only only a few names are only one that recognized as Mane who to a Lungeydi Burns, Yeah, Freddy Burns being Young's Haskell obviously, Joe marl Ala and Cipriani is about the only ones are recognized there. So they did did pretty well to keep that pretty close they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The All Blacks coach was of course Sir Steve Hudson. The English coach was shirt Langcasse and thefe was Nigel Owens And if you don't like that, don't play rugby. And that's might be snow sort of lost to Tommy Shelby towards in there. But anyway, that was the last time that England played New Zealand at Eden Parker's real fortress there thirty years. That's forty eight matches.
Speaker 3: They haven't lot years, they haven't lost Eden park Yeah, I know, it just gets to the point where you don't want to be the All Black team ship so the pressure must be.
Speaker 1: Like you wouldn't talk about it. Now, what happens when we're inevitably lose. No, put a roof like say, we wouldn't. Then we put a roof on eating parts that's still a fortress, and then we lose.
Speaker 3: Ah, what happens then you restart the clock?
Speaker 1: Do you take the roof off?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 1: Ah? There'd be plenty to discuss if there was to happen. Right, We're gonna take one more quick break when we come back. Yours please, yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 1: This is your chance to get involved in the show slag Off whatever region of the country you would like to. If you'reknew to the show, how you do it? As you get on the iHeartRadio app in the bottom right hand corner when you're playing a podcast, there's a little microphone button you press that you got thirty seconds to send in your voicemail. I'll give you an example. Caller yours please.
Speaker 5: Yet it boys. I know lots of bill have been talking about this Netflix movie with the sharks Underpais Slightly. I was been watching a doco about the pooin Paris. They built a thirty point four billion gallon tank to take the rain overflow, but there's still a forty percent charts. We need enough rain to flood the sceand with ship. Do you think we going to be run this Trithle or not Fox South Canterbory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've read something about this as well. I think I read about the chances of rain through those months. That European summer is pretty pretty slim, unless what happened to allegedly the Doha Games in the Middle East when they reigned for two weeks solid during the Asian Games and they blanded on the Israeli cloud seating they clim Yeah, they ruined the games. M Yeah, I've read about that. Like, I think they've they've cleaned it up that's been in place for a couple of years now, that that billion tank, because they're slowly trying to clean the Sean up' leed poo pooh tank. But I think I think some trathetes have said they've swimming shittier waters than that.
Speaker 1: Mate, if you train in Auckland like you'd be immune to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. And I'd say that when they do the one in London where they swim through Canary Wharf and around there.
Speaker 1: Is full of shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, So I reckon it'll be fine. I don't. I don't see it raining so hard.
Speaker 1: Even if it does, I don't think they've been it because you've trained for so long. This is the highlight of your career. You know, your chance to win a gold medal. The poo's not going to stop your swimming. It won't even affect your time. You might die when you get out, but you'll die with a gold medal around your neck. And that's the way you want to go out.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, I mean the signals will hit you on the probably the run, so you'll shit and vomit your way around the run and you forever be an Internet hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always talk about what's the biggest animal you could beat in a cage fight? And I reckon short of an anaconda. I could beat any snake in a cage fight. And people say, oh, but what if it's like, you know, one of those real venomous ones. I'll put my hand out, it'll buy me. I'll crack it like a whip. It'll die, and I'll walk out of the cage victorious. As soon as I walk out of the cage, I die. But I but I walk out victorious. And that is how you've got to attack it if you're swimming up the seine and it's full of poos. He said, look, I'm gonna go set thick once I leave this race, but I will go out on top. And I think that's that's I don't think they stopped the event, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If if I was an athlete that had no chance of being on the podium, I would do some sort of gag on the podium, come out with like a fake pool on my shoulder as I'm going into the cycle. Just cover yourself and shit and just be on the cycle. And then the cameras were like, what's going on here? My nice Stewart seems to have got something on his shoulder? Just shit all it like, it's just a melted picnic bar on your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The chance of them calling it off very very slowly, because then again they're gonna have to say, oh, yeah, there was pool in the water, and they'll never admit to that. So yeah, I think they'll run it another caller here, you're suppose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, break Cooper from Tapoky. Look, I don't know, get around to listening to the podcast. The dad comes out quite often. I have a Thursday Friday ones on a Monday, and look what I found is, MANI you're a shocking punk caller.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 3: The more passionate you.
Speaker 2: Are, the more wrong you are too.
Speaker 6: This week saying I genuinely think the Warriors are going to win. Looks are listening to these afternoon the results, you begin to see the pen and it's pretty clear.
Speaker 2: If you go back, and I know you won't.
Speaker 1: You'll find it's a pretty shit hit Ray.
Speaker 4: So if you're listening, just bet the reverse of the NAI's punts better odds.
Speaker 3: Everyone. I love the better odds. Hey tell you what ten for clarity? Yes, no background noise. There was the lights on, Yeah, there was the lights on. Yours please there and quite valid actually because well, I mean, you have your Warriors goggles on every time you're punting, so it's not.
Speaker 1: True at all.
Speaker 3: I fade them almost every week.
Speaker 1: I've been against the Warriors more often than anyone I know. I also, fuck it, they lost by one point in Golden Points. You can't, yeah, but you can't tell me like, oh, your punts are.
Speaker 3: Way off, you know? Yeah? But I mean and mentally, I'm glad I didn't cop Astray on that because I my punts in the last few weeks have been shocking.
Speaker 1: That's right, But you know, at least we have the balls to put those tips out there. And you know, we'd all love to bet in hindsight, wouldn't we. I'd love to be able to listen to the podcast back on a Monday and then place my bets on the Thursday. But unfortunately it's not how guys, You're right though, because there's no clearer evidence than looking at my own personal betting slip history. It's like, I know people who have just started getting into you know, sports gambling and that because they always think, oh fuck, I pick a triscoreer every week. It's like, yeah, because you say three names, one of them scores, see picked it. It's a very different thing when you have to put your money where your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, anyway, I will continue with my ship tips. That's what should be called shit tips. And I actually would love if that guy listen to this. You should be against every single one of my tips and see how you go. It would be quite funny to see if someone was just massively up another call here your sp Yeah.
Speaker 4: Brad Cooper from Tapuki Beyond the totally not at all fake prize give always to keep the misses off your back. To add to your audio, you should pickage together a prize when it's packed that we can buy off your website. And it could be some basic merch lanyard hat, some simple shit, but also a generic letter or certificate, say something like congressful winning the giveaway. Keep an eye for text to be seen later. Chuck some branding on there. I don't know, but it might help some of the boys get it over the line.
Speaker 3: Oh, Brad Jepie Dad is genius. That's genius because I could just see it in my head. It's a lanyard with just a just it just says VIP or the ACC logo on it, yea, and maybe a sticker and then a letter that just details the prize in the weekend and that's it. And then it comes in the mailing. Oh fuck, it's all right. Work like two passes the letter, a couple of stead of ship hats, you.
Speaker 1: Chuck those on, walk out the dor on Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: A little bit of fan fair, yeah, and then you disappear to wherever you go with your mate and then your return.
Speaker 1: Have to really cover ourselves with the wording of this because.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a trust it's a trust thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't trust these people. I don't trust any of us.
Speaker 3: Well it's a trust thing, really, I mean because we can't. I mean maybe it's because when we do the.
Speaker 1: Audio, we're like, all right, this is a bullshit prize. This is not real. You haven't won anything. Pause it, Now, go and get your partner and now play this.
Speaker 3: Well, look, we could just put him. We could put terms and conditions on the back of the letter, you know, the tiny terms and conditions. Yeah, and in it says this is completely one hundred percent fake. And but the thing is, but you're just showing that letter to you. They're not going to look at the t's and c's on the back, are they. No, God, the last T and C should say this whole trip is null and void. It's an absolute sham.
Speaker 1: It's you haven't won anything. Yeah, and also us five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Correct, I can do it that way. So you can't. You can't nickel and dimonds yet because the terms and C says it's completely fake. But for all intents and purposes, the VIP passes the hats, the letter, the congratulations letters to come and you can buy that pack for ten bucks on the online and we'll send it out. Yeah, it's a generic pack. You tell us the dates, we'll send you to the VIP passes and yes.
Speaker 1: We'll run write for you. Okay, all right, we'll work on that in the background.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a whole it's like a whole deception range. Because I still want to start the phantom Cricket League where it's just a competition doesn't exist, and you have scores and everything and you can tell you, missus, your scored fifty, got four wickets, but it just doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: What are the rules around selling stuff that doesn't exist? Isn't that basically what the stock market is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Isn't that ny fts?
Speaker 1: It's a good point. All right, we'll release some NFTs as well. That's a great idea. We'll start working on that. I think another call here, last caller of the day your space.
Speaker 7: Good lads, you'll make the butcher. I'm just choking, just a wee idea with the old shock log shit show going on at the moment, so it's on the big streams seconds every ten sings that counts down. G Lane takes anice of clothing off on video on the big screen and it begets the zero G lane is pieced out. And if I ever packed out eating park kids and all, what do you think cheers leads.
Speaker 3: Fuck the blues Jesus, I tell you what. Kickers will be certainly getting their kick over and done with fairly quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My only concern with this is who wins.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like, yeah, you get humiliated publicly, which you know would be enjoyable for a lot of people out there, but we also get punished.
Speaker 3: But ten items as that one shoe, one shoe, one.
Speaker 1: Socker every ten seconds, so it's a sixty seconds shot says six items. How many items are clothing are you wearing right now? I'm going to say shoes and socks are one item?
Speaker 3: Meach, okay, so two, three, four fire yes? And the belt is that part of the pants.
Speaker 1: That's like saying the lake is some buddy your shoes.
Speaker 3: But the thing is what I do there is if I did get roped into that for whatever reason, yeah, it would be a one time only because I would somehow summon up Raja and then that would be the last time that ever happens. Because the difference between a Nudeman flaccid and a Nudeman hard as jail. So so it'll be first and last time that will happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I still can't wrap my head around who wands in that situation. On the one, there is no one, all right, Thank you very much for those very creative feedback today on yours. Please really appreciate it that I'm going to go start working on the fake prize packs that you can buy yourself right now, and we'll see you tomorrow for the a SEC Sports book and another episode of the Gender podcast you've.
Speaker 2: Been listening to. The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeart Radio you'll get your podcasts