Speaker 1: This is the Flavor Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Island Roots Auckland Ways. This one's for the Brown brothers and sisters who want to be one with themselves, their culture, their identity, their roots. This is Island Roots Auckland Ways.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go Island Roots Auckland Ways. The Goodbye for now episode.
Speaker 2: So we've come seer the road still laing. Okay, we would like to be honest with you, guys. We don't know how long this goodbye is.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 2: It might be a short while, it might be a long while. We might start a new season sometime soon. We don't know what that looks like. So we're gonna say goodbye, and this is going to be our goodbye episode.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. And we had done a farewell for our first season. Yeah, and that was actually like a really well performing episode. Yes, actually got pretty good numbers for that. So I'm hoping the same for this one because this is the goodbye goodbye everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like this is like voice to me a the end of the road, like it's giving dot dot dot dot dot dot. Not sure if it's to be continued. So for this episode, we're just going to take a walk down memory lane. I'm just gonna think about some of our favorite moments. But of course we start every episode come on bosth things first about Home. So, my darling, I'm gonna pass it over to you what I.
Speaker 1: Love about Home. I love my little sister for now, and I think with the closing of this chap that I'm able to spend more time with her because media may, if you guys don't know, is actually so consuming, so consuming, like it takes you away from the ones you love. And sometimes you get so enveloped in the work and making sure things go out when they're supposed to and just tacking things off your to do list that you actually forget about the things that matter. And so I well, I am sad about the end of the podcast for now, I'm so happy that our loved ones will get to have more time with us exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we love female and.
Speaker 1: We love you now. She's nine years old. She's that girl. Is that girl we are just prepping her to take over.
Speaker 2: No, she is the world with the whole world, not the podcast in the world. Actually she's everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I love about Home this week, my little sissy. How about you, girl, I've.
Speaker 2: Just been like reflecting on like how amazing this journey has been for us, And I feel like what I love about Home this week is the community that we've been able to create with Iral. It's something that I didn't expect, Like I didn't I think you always hear things like, oh my gosh, like people get so much hate on our online and like you hear all the bad things about social media. But social media and this podcast has brought us like a beautiful community of friends of family of friends who feel like family of just meaning some of our greatest heroes and like icons. And so for us to be able to connect with you guys, to connect with those incredible people, That's that's like the thing about IRA that like it just like makes my heart sing, like it makes me so happy. So I think that's what I love about Home this Week. And that's one of the things about the podcast that I'm really like nervous about ending, is I fear.
Speaker 1: I just got to turn this TV off behind you, because.
Speaker 2: I fear the loss of this like beautiful community. And I hope you guys still stick with us on our individual journeys as much as we want to stick with you all, because it's been so cool and for a lot of you, especially if you've been here since our pilot season, you've watched us grow up. So literally we're like adults now, and I feel like we were definitely teenagers then it was. It wasn't too long ago, but it just does. It feels like we've matured and grown up a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Wow, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Then get into it. I want to throw it back to the beginning. So this was the pilot season that you probably won't ever get the chance to listen to it, thank God, thank God. And saying that though the making of it like remains as a core memory for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, such a cool memory.
Speaker 1: Starting with that photo shoot with Christian.
Speaker 2: Honestly, what a day, What a day. That was so much fun. We'll put some story some pictures of it that they're just such iconic film pictures, like so iconic. And we went we did it in my driveway, and then we went to Nathan Homestead and that was back when Hillhouse was still on the side the south side, and I remember we were like when we do the sacon go to market and then and then by then we've been bought by iHeartRadio, so we did in a studio girl.
Speaker 1: That was also another moment. We just ran into Justine on the set for surprise.
Speaker 2: Just the podcast.
Speaker 1: Was like, are doing so well, and it's like, oh, thank you. I don't know if we can tell you that it's wrapping up or and we just want to preface this by saying, this was our decision. We didn't get xed.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't get x this was our decision. A lot of you will know that Marina has left Flavor and I am starting my pH d next year, so we're we're saying goodbye for now to this project that we've been working on together for a really really long time. And there's no beef.
Speaker 1: No, there's no beef.
Speaker 2: There's no beefs We're still best friends. This like we just we know that people will love to fight a color and are probably going to be like they must not trust.
Speaker 1: I wish that was the case.
Speaker 2: I wish because I love Yeah, maybe we should just each other.
Speaker 1: I saw an Aussie podcast said wrapped up and they actually they actually not friends anymore. Yeah, they brought that bridge.
Speaker 2: Oh Dom and Ella from and one of them still wants to be friends and the other one doesn't.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, y couldn't be further from the case. In fact, I'm so excited that we get to drink. Not that we get to drink, but we get to drink and spend time with each other and not talk about work.
Speaker 2: Every conversation is hey, Ma's so I managed to get so and so on the podcast, Hey mares, can you please see me the photos from the episode? Like, now we can have proper conversations that don't revolve around work.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for that, so excited for the Lord girl Lord. Going back to our rout the roots of the friendship. So, no, we didn't get X and actually we were talking about it for a while later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that for a lot of you this is probably a surprise, but for us we've been talking talking about it for a while. There are a lot of things like behind the scenes that we won't go into and that we don't want to speak of on the podcast. But it just feels like the right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I part of me is like I'm not ready. I'm not ready, but I know Mas is ready, and I know that when you let go of something, other opportunities come your way. Yeah, So I am optimistic about what the future media looks like for me.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that. What does next to you? Because if you don't know, I am moving away from the media for the next week. Bit. I'm so happy not to be living under the spotlight. I think I might do like a little cute deactivation of the Instagram.
Speaker 2: You know what, we would support?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah, thank you. I look forward to it. But how about you, because you still want to keep stay around in the space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I do.
Speaker 1: We're talking about an idea, So we've got some we've got some ideas.
Speaker 2: We've got two solid ideas. But I think what I love about what I love about what Iral has given me is that it's given me a platform to share with others. Storytelling has always been my passion. That's why I write, why I do research, all of that. It's why Mariner and I became friends because we love storytelling. But I think any opportunity that I get that I can do that is incredible. And IRA has given me a platform in which I can do that with the people and like give them the vehicle in which they can tell their stories. So I don't know what it looks like as long as it's storytelling, and I would I mean, I love, I genuinely love interviewing. I genuinely love talking to people, genuinely love being in this space. But we talk about it all the time. I love the longer form content compared to like a quick two minute break on radio. So I don't know if radio will ever be for me, but I love podcasting. So we'll see, we'll see, we love it, Solinois kidding me, kemm, it's la littleches. One of my ideas is because I can't drive. If you listen to our episode with Aaron, you might have heard of The Western Guide. You might have heard. But I want to do a series where I get people who can drive to teach me how to drive, and we see up like cameras on the car and it's like a high streets environment where a famous person or like someone that's well no one has to teach me how to drive, but then I also have to interview them, and it's like it's all one. I just feel like it would be really so good.
Speaker 1: No one's steal that idea.
Speaker 2: No one's steal that idea. Please please. I genuinely can't drive. Like when I tell you, guys, I can't drive. I can't drive.
Speaker 1: I've got to listen to the episode of the Should Go because we go into it to it. Yeah. Oh that's very exciting. Yeah. Have you felt your confidence grow since we started up the podcast here, I would say yes and no.
Speaker 2: I feel like my people pleasing tendencies out the window, which is great. I can be so much more direct in my communication. And also I feel like before I don't know about you, but going to an all girls' school, i'd kind of had interactions with other genders and be like, I'm so awkward, like I don't know how to relate to you. And now I feel like I can relate to a lot of people. But then, on the other hand, I think I'll always feel or like that really uncool girl like.
Speaker 1: Girl bye.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like a little bit uncool and like a little bit awkward and like a loser.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But I think that's just ingrained in me.
Speaker 1: We need to talk that. Actually, we'll leave it here when we go, we'll put it in a box, light up, walk away.
Speaker 2: What's been your favorite thing. I think radio and podcasting people don't realize how different it is. What's been your favorite thing about having a podcast to supplement like the Drive Show.
Speaker 1: I think. I think my favorite thing about the podcast was that i Rol was so authentically pacific. With the radio show, you're pandering to the many different people, people of all sorts of backgrounds. But I think that maldi pacific focus on the podcast and really sharing those success stories. I think we always talk about the fact that Iral is different from other things and that we're not trying to like be anyone else, like this is us, this is this is what we do. We have DMCs, We laugh, we cry, Yeah, we're not like so in your face, We're just very demure.
Speaker 2: Is going to be so dam what.
Speaker 1: We did, like our relevance. Can we reverse this decision by no? Yeah. I love how we were able to give space to people who you might not hear of. And I think in radio there's a big music focus, but being able to delve into stories like that of Dorin who as a supple maker and talking to John Campbell like one of the nation's most famous journalists. Yeah, Lisa Barissia Cullen comes to mind. She's a TikTok mom, Like, I don't think necessarily I'd have the capacity to talk to those people on my radio show. Yeah, and or.
Speaker 2: At least hear them out in the way that we get to with a long form.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you get to talk about the serious stuff. And I love talking about the serious stuff on the radio, but there is a kind of a balancing act thing to do with radio. But podcasting, it's all there to share, and I would like to think that our guests felt like this was a safe space to talk about things as well. But I think above or I'm glad to have done this with you, because I don't think I could do a podcast by myself. It's just like and in the radio thing, I did that by myself, and I felt so lonely. But to be able to share the workload and co own this piece of work, it's it means a lot to me because I'm doing it with someone I love, it's so much easier. We didn't have to do no chemistry testing. We just got on the mics, we started talking and that was that. Yeah, it's been so good and I cannot wait to continue our friendship and the privacy of our health.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how when we first started the podcast, people recognize me as Maren's friend, and that was nice and easy. But then as the podcast has gone on, people have started to recognizing me as Alissa Yes, and like yes, so wonderful and I love it when people come up and talk to me and tell me their favorite things to tell me. They also have an after pay addiction. It's wonderful, but sometimes can be a bit like nerve wrecking. And I'm what I'm excited for with the podcast ending. And then even though I hope to keep venturing into media.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like I don't know how to explain. It's like a parasocial relationship of sorts where you guys know us, you actually do know us, like this is authentically us. That's the but that's also kind of scary because the real me is out there and like not that any media I would either do is not me. But sometimes I do get a little bit worried. And I also can recognize when people recognize me. Yeah, and if you are the people that recognize us, can you please just come and talk to us because.
Speaker 1: We think we're the shirt. It's just a little bit uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: So comfortable, and it's a look when you're and somewhere in public and we time with my mom as heavened. Recently, my mum was not in a good mood and we were kind of arguing.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: Someone recognized we both had to pretend like we were super happy. I'm glad, I'll I'll be glad that I this mom love each other in this moment, in this moment. But what I actually wanted to do is can we talk about some of our favorite episodes? Yeah, so keen to hear what episodes you love.
Speaker 1: I think my favorite episode would have to be the one we did with Serenity.
Speaker 2: Serenity all that episode, that's your favorite one?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I just felt like endless laughter, truly, like we just kept on laughing.
Speaker 2: We were just laughing so much.
Speaker 1: Serenity is so funny, and it was nice to hear her story. I've been watching her since I was in primary school, so since the Facebook page keeping up with the Solars, I've been jamming out to Serenity so to hear her story and also for her to be frank about being a solo mom and breaking the news of her pregnancy to her quite religious family. I thought that was quite profound, and I know that a lot of women mothers had related to that story. That Serenity shared, So yeah, perhaps with the sus and we see her. She's still she's doing her Transform challenge at the time of recording, so we hope that you go well and also see us doing the same challenge. So we're both girlies.
Speaker 2: We we love you both close. Second totally our four n Yeah, I think that's my number one. When people ask where to start on the podcast, I always say that one. But I feel like one that holds a lot of sentimental value is our one with Alex King because that's where she and I started our friendship and she's like a big sister to me now, as well as Samantha Richards, our episode with Great South Peton We Love You with Patsy Oh Botsy, a really good y that also saw my lot. That chat was so long, Yeah, really sorry, But I think the one that holds like the most like is our Dinah Jane one oh yes, because that's how we became read Oh.
Speaker 1: To talk with Dinah was such a privilege we had. We've been trying for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then luckily our friend Mashan, who also came on the podcast, gave us the hook up. Shout out to you, Mahan.
Speaker 1: The power of community, the power.
Speaker 2: Of community, and also how small the world is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the two degrees with separation.
Speaker 2: Samby shout out to Sam Sue, we will have that cover hopefully, but I will.
Speaker 1: Episode I love and.
Speaker 2: Now's episode and also our last episode, Oh no, Stacey was so good. Yes, I loved the analogy of making you hawaikis. I've just held that with me and I share that with so many people, like especially because we talk about what we love about home and this idea of like having so many different homes, including your anti stru and the one that you were created from and the people you come from us are stunning. But I did love our episode with the Western Guide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our episode Coach was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very I like that.
Speaker 1: Any episode you don't like that? Actually, no, I would say.
Speaker 2: So genuinely, yeah, genuinely genuinely.
Speaker 1: I feel like we were supposed to put out every episode for a reason. It got as to where we are now, and yeah how about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, DM me for that one. Jokes, jokes, jokes, It's.
Speaker 1: All love, all love.
Speaker 2: Speaking of love and people who love us.
Speaker 1: We have some voice memost here that with some of our iraw friends to Sin and So these are people who have appeared on the podcast and have been kind enough to share so kid roads with us on our good bye episode. So first things first.
Speaker 2: No, first things for some of you motherfuckers, I'm looking at the camera don't promise.
Speaker 1: On their phone.
Speaker 2: Replying saying yeah I got you and you don't got me anything but.
Speaker 1: A let's start off with Alfred in Great South.
Speaker 4: Great South.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to give a mess of mehi and shout out to you both for the amazing mahi and all the amazing work that you've done with the podcast and with the platform. Thank you both for creating a warm and safe space fus to share stories and shall hy reading for you both for what of you both do next? All the best and yeah cover next time.
Speaker 1: That's us true we haven't listened to any of them, Yeah, Marina hasn't.
Speaker 2: Peyton is actually a fan of the podcast. So Peyton listens to the podcast as well as his sorry popped up ash. So Shoutosh and Peter. There's only there's no listeners because those two are dead. They are much loyal listeners for real, for real, for real, And Peton mixes the best cover you've ever had if you even need cover, hit that guy up.
Speaker 1: I love how cover has become a thing of the podcast because.
Speaker 2: Cover Peter from.
Speaker 1: No Truly please support. Now we have another voice Medor here from Samantha.
Speaker 5: Richard, Marina and Alyssa. I am your best day. I actually truly believe that I am I Raul's number one fan. I listened to every episode. No podcast has made me feel so seen and so connected to a community. I feel so privileged that I was lucky enough to come on to the show myself as a guest. And I just think what you have done here is incredible and so important and so special, and I'm so proud of the two of you as a teacher. I give this entire project five gold stars. Who amazing and I just I'm going to miss it, but I'm so proud of the two of you, and I'm excited to see what is new and coming up next for you. Oh same.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I love Sam. So we had a dinner for Alissa's birthday, yes, and that's when we announced to our nearest and dearest the news that the podcast would be wrapping up, and Sam and I had such a good chat about life. Truly older sister er Ga.
Speaker 2: She is such an older sister and she knows everything about me. So the first time that Sam and I probably met was when she came on the podcast and I just clung to her like you just meeat people, and immediately you're like, that's my girl. Yea yeah, and she knows every intricate detail about me and my love life. So shout out to you Smith Richards.
Speaker 1: It's for Sam to know and none of you to find it. Our favorite teacher, Yeah, favorite teacher. Okay, we have another voice to memo here from Simmy someonce aful night.
Speaker 2: That's what's funny.
Speaker 6: It's long too Island with orkhand ways AKA Awarding Awarding, Frick.
Speaker 2: Award winning podcast. Of course I had to fall about anyways. I was just gonna redo that again. But you know what, stuff it. It's okay.
Speaker 6: You guys really know that it's might English. I just want to say, I'm really got it that you guys are ending, but I know this is not the end.
Speaker 2: The way that you guys have.
Speaker 6: Created the foundation for the pacifica Muli community to voice these stories, and the way you guys have actively portrayed it has been amazing to watch from the outside I've been very honored to be a guest as well, and I just wanted to say the one thing that was sticks in my mind about my episode is when Maz caught a core time and then he turned up late. But then have your eye for me and my luck of filly Twin, that was gray, That was bloody Gracy. I know that my lack of folly twin told me to keep it to a one minute, but I got, I really got.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say.
Speaker 6: Once again, I really freaking love you guys, and I'm truly excited to see what the next chapter is going to be. I'm not worried or stressed that this is going to be the end of this award winning podcast because I truly believe that there's something out there for you guys, and whatever it is, I am going to be on the sidelines cheering for you guys when you guys kick up.
Speaker 2: This podcast at the game.
Speaker 6: So love you from your Salmone Brincey's simmy, okay, fat love.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: I forgot that happened. I forgot.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I am so sorry.
Speaker 2: Came in like so fucking and because I don't have an excess card, this whole time. I've never had an excess card or an email and Billio employee me and so we're standing outside like and it's the first time that I met and I was like, hey girl, I'm so fucking sorry.
Speaker 1: Just the basis of the conversation. I remember it was a weekend.
Speaker 2: Day, it was a Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: It was a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Sammy, we love you. We had seen her on the carpet of the PEMA. Yeah carpet, she looks stunny, stunning. Yeah, absolutely that girl. I'll catch you on the mic. One thing about my cat. She will run a MutS. We love you, Sammy. Okay. Right here is Mihei Sorenson.
Speaker 5: Kims and Alyssa Mahe here.
Speaker 7: I just want to say a big congratulations for everything you've achieved with Island.
Speaker 2: Roots Auckland Ways.
Speaker 7: You are both so genuine, so passionate, so good at cultivating a space for people to share their truth with you, and I feel incredibly privileged to have been one of those people. Building an impactful podcast full of meaningful conversations is no easy feat, but it comes so naturally to both of you. Representation matters the platform that you've created as a gift. Thank you for sharing it with.
Speaker 1: All of us. I love you both very much.
Speaker 2: Oh, we love you.
Speaker 1: We love you, Mahi and shout out to Mehi because the podcast is coming back her work.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I think hopefully it's back by the time releases.
Speaker 1: Hopefully. But she's been chipping away at a new Melbourne life.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she would have done that voiceover from a beautiful Melbourne apartment.
Speaker 1: An absolute dream. We should go to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Our crumbs, yeah, and it is crumbs.
Speaker 1: Will make an exclusion happen.
Speaker 2: Okayes will let you know once we're out.
Speaker 1: Can you grant us alone?
Speaker 2: Please give the man.
Speaker 1: I will never forget his episode because she bore this power suit. It was purple. She looked like a boss.
Speaker 2: She liked stunning, and she brought us free sweets. Literally, she brought us sweets. Did you take them home? Do we share them?
Speaker 1: I took Did you have some?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think he had a run off that day. He had something to go off to.
Speaker 2: No, girl, I didn't. I remember that day.
Speaker 1: And you just don't take any.
Speaker 2: I think because I thought I was in a scissor. Oh but then I never bought a tickets Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, that's so long ago, so long ago. Jeez, you actually forget because we do much. Yeah. We did something different this year. We did weekly drops. Yeah, instead of doing like a ten episode season. Yeah. You just lose count.
Speaker 2: You lose so much count. Wow.
Speaker 1: One more voice memo here from Alexandra King.
Speaker 5: OHI my darlings, it's alex.
Speaker 3: Hey. I just wanted to reiterate what I see it on our episode of the podcast, and that is I am so incredibly proud of you both. Not only did you give our people a platform where our voices could be heard, but you offered us a safe space where we could share our experiences and that is a huge rarity. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. And I know it's a bitter sweet even though the podcast is ending, these stories will live on forever and I'm all the working dun baby, so I'm so excited to see what you both have in store for the future. I love you very much and I'll see you at work.
Speaker 2: I love her, Love you, alex Thank you for seeing that in man she does. And I love what she said about the episodes of Something on Forever because that's always been the point of a podcast, Like, that's why we picked a podcast over any other platform. Is that does exist as a kind of like digital archive. Yes, And I hope like my nieces and nephews listen to this in like twenty years and like fuck my aunt, he was out the gate. I hope that's. Yeah. I feel like it was always just a beautiful snapshot in time. Like I don't know, I think Batar episodes are like musicians, and you would hope that in like ten years time, we can look back and be like, freak, we interviewed them and now they have pms and Grammys and all these kinds of awards or like you know, have have found success in their passion with everyone, like everyone that's come on the podcast.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I look forward to when we're like an OL mid to late thirties, we set up lives for ourselves hopefully and we can have like a wine and just laugh back to the podcast and how we were in our twenty somethings. That's what it was always meant to be. It's what it was always meant to be, just us trying to find our way in this big, crazy world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's been the favorite thing on this journey?
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 1: Most favorite thing of the journey, I think community. Creating that community a and it's so cool that we are now friends with many of our guests. Yeah, and the podcast was just a catalyst for those friendships and relationships. And we're also so grateful for you listening. I will still remember I went down to Wellington for my mum's graduation and while we were waiting for the procession down I think it was Biller Street, We're in front of the law school and then these two girls I can tell that they're a little bit hesitant to come up to me. And then I'm standing there with Feena and I'm just waiting for my mom, waiting for my mom. But in the corner of my I see these girls and then finally they come up, and Mia and Sarifa and they had come up to us, and the first thing they said is that they love you. They come up to me, they love you, and so I'm like, wow, they know how I found And they were telling me about their story their second year law students, and they went to all girls high schools and they're trying to figure out like what unias and what their job prospects are and they're growing into beautiful young women. And I just think back to when we had to create like a little document about the podcast, and we were talking to our demo when we were going to release episodes before we even press start on the mic, and those are the people that we were talking.
Speaker 2: About, literally, young women early twenties UNI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which once upon a time that was us, girl, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, that was us. Like we make this podcast to speak back to the people that we were and it makes me like, I don't know. I know we're making the right decision, but it is very hard to go. I'm just so proud of us and the work that we put into this and the people that we've been able to reach, and the fact that, you know, at the first Radio and Podcast Awards, because they used to just be the Radio Awards and now that the Radio Podcast Awards. At the first one in twenty twenty four, we were the first people to win Best Specific Podcasts and we don't do it for the accolades, like we genuinely thought we were going to lose. That's why in the video we look so shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for specific Waves, So I was like shook. We still are shook that we've been able to be recognized at that level. So, but more importantly, to be recognized and to be seen and to represent your community and to be acknowledged by your community is next level.
Speaker 1: That's what I took away from that night as well. Like I didn't really so much care about the award, but I was proud that we were some of the brown faces in the room. Yeah, because you look at the industry and to be honest, it is quite white. Yeah, And so I'm glad that we rightfully took up.
Speaker 2: Space space Yeah, yeah, yep, one hundred And I.
Speaker 1: Look forward to more people creating podcasts and beautiful things so they can when eccolades for themselves as well.
Speaker 2: Exactly. That's the other thing about us, like exiting the space for ours that it allows for more of us to come through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, come to the table, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also like we're not gatekeepers. If you need help, if you have an idea, come with a solid idea, don't like, don't waste our time. But if you ever saw an idea and would like help in making it happen, we have experience in both worlds the doing it in your bedroom and doing it in a real life studio. So me suggests we've got your back.
Speaker 1: I look forward to many more plasific run podcast. Please we need it, Yeah we do.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Diversity is the is the spice of life. We need it.
Speaker 1: And there's so much to talk about, honestly.
Speaker 2: So much to talk about it.
Speaker 1: So girl, whatever you're interested in and if you are sitting on an idea, I want to talk about it, talk to us.
Speaker 2: Can I just say? I remember in our first ever like content meeting, we had said, oh yeah, we when we'd sold it I Hat Radio, we were like, oh yeah, so what we want to talk about is like Ma's starting at Flavor in our first episode, and then we're also going to elistraate out. We're bound.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: Slowly, the content took a different direction, and we were blessed to have Joe Damon as our episode. Can you even mention, bro, I was fucking talking about you on the radio and me and my little outdoors like some panting direction because.
Speaker 1: Dear Lord shadows a joke, by the way.
Speaker 2: I remember the day that episode dropped, and I remember we had got an eighty eight downloads and thinking freak with cracked it. I need number one, like my number one on the top two hundred one of my charts, right, come on.
Speaker 1: And also things have changed so much on the podcast game because when you first did the Beatroom podcast, we were chats.
Speaker 2: Were hy pretty much so high.
Speaker 1: But that's because they were less podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also less podcasts in.
Speaker 1: Between then, and are starting the podcast with iHeart Radio. Damn, the market became crowded.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it's funny. Is like irow is so different to any other podcasts at least run by Pacific people. As soon as we'll get compared to the other Pacific run podcasts. And we would like that to stop happening now that our podcast is done. I think it's really important we think about just because it's run by a brown person doesn't mean that the content is the same. Exactly we do is very different, different to the stuff that.
Speaker 1: Others do. Others do, Like if you look at Bilongi run podcasts, there's so many genres, so many hosts, so many.
Speaker 2: White women making business podcasts. None of them are getting compared to you.
Speaker 1: Let's stop doing that. We can all be doing our own things exactly diverse spice, the spice of life. Okay, I guess we should.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't we We didn't prefer rapid fire.
Speaker 1: No, I think them will be drinks celebrating the goodbye for now.
Speaker 2: Not drinks. I don't drink anymore. Yeah, guys, don't drink anymore.
Speaker 1: Boom, it's just cover. That's how we do it.
Speaker 2: Who knows by the time this episode comes out, I might be backing my gut.
Speaker 1: She may be just on that reasling. But okay, speaking of updates Instagram socials, can we follow.
Speaker 2: You Alissa v P.
Speaker 1: A L L y is a v P, Yes, ma'am, And I'll be around. You don't need to follow me, honestly, I think.
Speaker 2: Maybe i'll Postmas sometimes. And my TikTok is at the prettiest, funniest girl.
Speaker 1: Oh it's sister. You are pretty and funny and the prettiest.
Speaker 2: Please follow me because I'm trying to be an influencer.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, let's help a girl out. So that's a listener. I'll be around and yeah.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, frek.
Speaker 1: What a journey. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to think it was so creditinal people be like, I love our listeners. But genuinely, I think because we have such a close connection when so many of you.
Speaker 1: My one. I'm pretty sure the only reason we would come back is if David Dallas head freedomself will come back for one.
Speaker 2: Episode, one episode if you want it, if you have a new album, a new song, if you just want to come on and talk about how you created the song follow which is where we got our title from. We will do what anything actually you create then and we'll just facilitate. That's all we want.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason we'll come back.
Speaker 2: Well, is there anyone else? No tail Swift, but she's not really the people were speaking to.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can do your carpool carrier.
Speaker 2: It's I hope she's a bed driver too though.
Speaker 1: Sweetest, thank you everyone for listening, and we'll see.
Speaker 2: You when you see this is it?
Speaker 5: Bye bye