Speaker 1: Football Fever with News Talks MB's voice of Football Jason Payne and Bonnie Chansen. Hello and welcome into a fresh episode of Football Fever. We're here in association with FIFA Plus stream New Zealand football live and free on FIFA plus dot com. I'm Jason Pine alongside me Bonnie Jens and how was your weekend, Bonnie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Piney, not bad. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Obviously we had that big football news on Friday, so yeah, pretty crazy weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to start with that. Other things to cover off today the All Whites we last spoke after their first game in their two match tour against Mexico. We were pretty underwhelmed. A lot better against the United States. Want to cover that off. And a lot of keeper's playing overseas, and still a few tbc's as far as where people might turn up for their next footballing challenge. Let's start though with, as you alluded to, the big news on Friday, the inevitable news it felt like, of Yetka Klimkova's departure a ball Ferns coach, having been the subject of an employment matter which saw her miss two games earlier this year against Japan, and then rather mysteriously stand down for the Paris Olympics. Her continuation in this role seemed untenable and so it proved. Did this come as a surprise when this news.
Speaker 3: Dropped, certainly not a surprise still, you know a bit of a bit of a shock, and while that happened. Yeah, it's just just crazy and it baffles me how much under the radar it's kind of been and still like there's so many questions about what happened, why she's still working there, why the contract was six years, just everything about it is just so fishy and it makes me really gutted that it's happening in the football space and particularly women's football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can look at who might potentially replace her in a little while, but if we just pair it back, Bonnie and you sent me an email with the list of all a sorry football firms results since Yetka took charge, and if we discount the last six games which were matches when she wasn't in charge of the team, thirty nine games as head coach, eleven wins, seven draws, twenty one losses, and of the eleven wins, five of those were an Oceania Olympic qualifying against Pacific Island sides which, let's be honest, would struggle probably in our local league. So six wins, seven draws, twenty one losses against non Oceania opposition, even the results themselves bear further scrutiny, further examination of the coach, don't they.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent? And I mean that's half of it. I mean even the media since the World Cup has ended, or even I remember before the World Cup, we've been asking these questions about you know, surely there should be more accountability, responsibility from the coaching stuff and the players. To be fair as well, we can't put all the blame on Yika, but that in itself was really concerning. And I think the fact that her contract was six seven years, however long it was till the end of twenty twenty seven, that's not right in itself. That it was clear that she had that much time to get it right, and for a coach with that much responsibility to you know, just focus on the next six years. Yeah, it's so wrong, it's not right. And I go back to how much they New Zealand football seemed to focus on that one win at the World Cup last year, and gosh it was amazing, and I don't want to take anything away from the team and the girl that that night was something special. But the fact that they're just so happy with that speaks volumes and that they didn't think they should be potentially striving for more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the six year contract is something it's just about unheard of right in professional sport you at any level, in any co Really, I'm struggling to remember any coach who has been given a contract there that duration. She took over after the last Olympic Games, which were delayed by a year by COVID, so she took over in twenty twenty one. Surely, Bonnie, you say, look, we'd like you to take us to the next World Cup in twenty twenty three, Big One, of course co hosted Buy New Zealand we want you to take us to that. We hope you're the person to take us beyond that. But let's see how you go up to the World Cup and in the World Cup, and then we'll have another chat after that.
Speaker 2: Oh exactly.
Speaker 3: And that home World Cup was such an opportunity, and yes, we made the most of it to some extent, but at the same time, I think we completely missed that opportunity. That should have been the focus when Yitka came in or any whoever that coach may have been came in from New Zealand Football. They should have said, we want to do well at this. We want to do more than get our first win at the World Cup. We want to get out of the group and we want to change the game of women's football in New Zealand. And I honestly think they only did one of those, and that that was winning. I don't think you know, Yes, there might be a few more football fans and few more young girls playing football now, but the New Zealand hasn't done anything like what Australia have.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Look, it's a great comparison you make, and I saw you may made that comparison in a column you wrote for the New Zealand Herald. Yeah, Australia have just gone on leaps and bounds, and yes they are a better football side, let's make no mistake about it. But they're still selling out wherever they go, way more tickets sold than the Soccer US. They've got incredible engagement with football fans male and female. On the other side of the Tasman and look, oddly enough, Bonnie, I think if they had renegotiated after the World Cup, she probably would have got an extension because of that result against Norway. You know which I would that have been, right? I don't know, But I come back to it, a six year contract and apparently without any performance triggers either, which I find almost impossible to believe that you know that it didn't have in it something like you know, you're not not even quantifiable, You've got to win X, y Z number of games something around you know, improvement of the team or improved results or better performance is something like that, because isn't that the job of a head coach to you know, at the elite level it is a results based game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And like it's it's a comfort thing, right, like they've not gone out of their comfort zone. Giving her six years is just like, oh yeah, well, you know, we've got six years to get it right.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's a long time in football. And honestly, I put it back to the respect on the woman's game. I think it comes across as New Zealand football have gone. Yet you know, she's worked in our system before, we know what she can do. She doesn't have too much experience at this level, but she's available and let's just chuck her in and see how she goes. And I think there is a real urgency, a real need for a mind sht mindset shift in this this space in the woman's game, because gosh, it's growing so quickly around the world and New Zealand are falling fast behind.
Speaker 1: All Right, we can talk about the possible contenders to replace her in just a moment, and also be keen to hear what you think the players might think about this. But Andrew Pragnell, CEO of New Zealand Football, join me on news talks hereb over the weekend. I asked him, first of all, what actually has played out here?
Speaker 4: I think that's for her to speak to in terms of you know, I don't think it's right that I would speak on her behalf, but I think that at the end of the day, she's put it in pretty hard yards. She's achieved some things we've never achieved before. She's transitioned the team in a way that we hadn't seen her at the part of ten years, and she fills her.
Speaker 1: Times up, has she though? Andrew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said this is a good one. I'm glad you asked that because I think there's obviously different views on that. I think there's a couple of things that we need to do when we look at yas tenure, as you should do with every coach, and the first thing is have a look in the rearview mirror and take a few steps back, because for more than thirty years we've been trying to get a win at the Women's World Cup. The reality is she made a breakthrough that we haven't been able to make as her leadership. That did it. I know there's a lot of commentary on her win loss record. It's pretty consistent with previous coaches. I think that. I also think there's a little bit of I think we need to clarify as well. From our end, our focus is weally on Women's World Cut results. So you know, she chose to you know, she chose to play top twenty teams in the build up to that Woman's World Cup because she thought that's what would get us some results. And you know that impacted the win loss record ultimately, but it did get us to a place we haven't been before. I think when we look back, we'll look back obviously the ones will cut with real mixed feelings. It's all very well to win the first game changed the course of the Women's World Cup, but there's no doubt they want to get out of the group, and often your results and feelings sing your last game. So that's that's one thing that I don't think we should ever take from her. But the one that I think will be genuinely longer lasting is the transition of the team. So if we step back again we look at the ferns over the last ten years, I think we'd be right to acknowledge there hasn't been any true until yet has come along true transition of the team. We haven't had a professional pathway up till recently. It's meant that you know a very few group of players. Lect players accumulated literally hundreds of STAPs. I don't think that was necessarily healthy thing to do, and yet could transitioned it. She didn't, and some people would say she should have transitioned it faster, But at the end of the day, she basically brought him eighteen new players, introduced ten new players to Woman's Will Cup, certainly a bigger transition than any coach in the history of the football ferns. So I don't think we should take those from and and he goes she gives with good wishes from outside.
Speaker 1: Did you try to convince her to stay?
Speaker 4: It's a great question as well. Look, I think ultimately, you know, these things should come from the heart. She's a good person. She waged it up. I think she's given her all one hundred percent. She's been incredibly proud, she's got you know, she's a key with check at the end of the day, she's been here. For those that know her history, she's ten years prior, she's been involved in our age group side. She's been in out and out. I feel like she'd given everything. She put it hard and soul into it, and the team isn't a better place for it, although I appreciate it may not seem like it at times as well, but that transition should not be understated.
Speaker 1: What's this player driven?
Speaker 4: It's a good question. I think. I always say we can talk about player voice, and you know what, what do the players? I always say, And it's got to twenty three people, there's twenty three different views. I would say we've got some pretty diverse views amongst the score we've still got transitions happening. There's wide public sentiment on again as to whether it should be happenings or not. I think I think fair to say there's there's there's some players obviously who weren't yelling. There's some players who were so look, I think there's a player dynamic that's always complex, was a player driven players haven't impact on all. Right.
Speaker 1: So that's Andrew pregnant with some of his comments when he spoke to me on Saturday afternoon on News Talks. Here be the full interview, incidentally available on the news Talks hed B website. The bit at the end is interesting to me, Bonnie about the players. What do you think the players think about this?
Speaker 3: I think, you know, it's it's clear that there were there was some discontent in there within the group. I think, you know, you could notice it in the attitude of the players over the.
Speaker 2: Last few years.
Speaker 3: And and while we don't know what this incident exactly was, I don't think they all. I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but I do get a good feeling that that they didn't get along with Yika and maybe in probably half of that's down to the performances so I don't know, maybe there's a sense of relief that she's gone again. I think it's an opportunity. New Zealand Football really need to look at themselves in the mirror and look at the plan for the woman's game, because even though Yika is gone now, they still seem from that interview Piney with You, Andrew Pragnell still seemed really confident in the plan going forward, and he spoke about who will potentially come in to replace Yika and not wanting them to come in with a new fresh perspective, but rather just coming in and filling filling the gap and just you know, going forward with it.
Speaker 1: So who are the candidates then? Is Michael Maine a candidate to be upgraded permanently to the to the head coach role.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know the guy a whole lot. I think if you base, if you look at their Olympic performances, I think they've played really well the Ferns by their standards. Yes they didn't get a win, but yeah that they scored a couple of goals and played pretty decently under him. So potentially again I'd like to see what he does and what his mind is, and maybe we'll see that in the next international window they have. I don't think there's one coming up in October, but yes, I think potentially he's a candidate, maybe someone else to look at as Paul Temple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to ask about that. I've got that written down. Wellington Phoenix women's coach has coached the under seventeen New Zealand side as well. That was at the World Cup in two thousand and eight. From memory, member Rosie White got a hat trick in Wellington. I remember Paul Temple and in the players just absolutely going mental on the bench when she completed her hat trick. He's obviously been in and around the women's game and has coached the men's game as well. Would he be or would he a be popular with the players and be be a good choice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: And I think as well, we need to remember what I was mentioning before about I'm not sure the playersally got it along with ye. And yes, players are going to have their preferences and coaches and coaches are going to have their preferences and players and you can't change that. And so while Paul might you know, not get along with every player, or every player might not get along with with Paul, or the same for Michael Maine. I think the important thing for the Ferns camp is that there's professionalism and there's a kind of holistic mindset and a bigger picture of view and I think that's key. And you know, there's there's always politics in sport, but it seems to be particularly around this this woman's game, which which doesn't help at all for the game as they're trying to get you know, investment and things like that.
Speaker 2: But yes, I think based.
Speaker 3: On what Paul did with the with the Phoenix last year, there's there's a good case for him.
Speaker 1: It's also, let's make this clear, it's not the It's not to the players to choose the coach, don't They don't sit on the appointment panel. They shouldn't have any say in who the coach is. Once they're together as a as a playing group with their coach, you hope that they'll gel and as has been proven in this case, that doesn't always happen. But it's not up to the players to choose who their coach is. They simply have to implement the strategy that the appointed coach comes up with. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. But Andrew Pragnell said another interesting thing in the interview. He said that the average lifespan of an international coach is eleven months, which actually makes the six year contracts seem even more farcical. But anyway, I don't know. I just hope they get this decision right because as you also outlined in your in your piece, you know there's been there's been a couple of incidents now with the Yipka with we all know what happened with Andreas Haraf and the raft of problems that he caused. Tom Somani I think was a good coach of the Football Ferns, but I'm not sure what the situation was around him. Leaving what about Tony Gustaffson, the former Matilda's coach. Would he be an option?
Speaker 3: I would love to see, love to see Tony in there. He's such a carre and I mean we we all know what he did for for the Matildas and how good they were.
Speaker 2: At the World Cup last year. So yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe he's a little bit beyond the football fin's role. At the same time, maybe he's ready for a challenge, and I feel like he would be a coach as well that sticks, you know, sticks to his word and sticks to his ways, and you know, would potentially help create, you know, a mindset shift and in the NZF camp also. Another one would be Joe Montemurrow. I think that's how you say his last name. He coached the A League All Stars last year. He he would be another one that is quite a good coach, I believe.
Speaker 1: What about vlood Coo and Aanofsky for former US coach. I don't know whether he's turned up anywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh he has.
Speaker 3: He's currently coaching the KC Current, the Kansas City Current and the NWSL and they're like top of the table, so I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Sure he'll be He'll be pretty settled there. Maybe I'd like to see Emma Hayes. Is that too much to us?
Speaker 3: Yes? To us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't see Ema Hay's breaking. Look if if anybody's six year contract, it's her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and she I'm pretty sure she's not even on something like that. So it's just Steell baffles Meyk was on that.
Speaker 1: All right? Will you wait and see? Andrew Pagnell said yeah, they're not going to play in the October window. There are no scheduled games as far as I can see for the Football Ferns at all. But there will be World Cup qualifiers of course coming up in the next little while. But they have to get back together. But yeah, the first point of business is finding a new head coach. After what has been a drawn out and at times fairly sad chapter in the history of New Zealand women's football in this country, the ff with piny and body. Let's move on to rather brighter things. All Whites won United States of America one. This was the second game in the two match window, with the All Whites losing three Northern Mexico. This was much better, wasn't it. I thought this was a huge improvement in game two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great result.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, what their top twenty in the world, the USA, so yeah, and they played in America as well, in front of home crowds.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 3: By all means unreal from the All Whites, And I've spoken about it lots of times, but they're in that World Cup cycle now twenty twenty six. They've got to start getting results like these under their belt. And that's exactly what they've done.
Speaker 1: Indeed, far more intense, less possession actually than they had against Mexico. We spoke last week and possession was about fifty to fifty ready, but there was just so little in the wave of end product for New Zealand against Mexico. Way way better this time. Lots more chances created at the other in Max Crokam, I thought he had an excellent game and goal. Probably couldn't do too much with the goal that gave the United States the lead, but made some terrific saves. Marko Staminitch good again. Finn Sermon I thought was very good. And Ben Wayne's goal I mean, yeah, I've heard it suggested that it was a fluke and it was. There's no way Ben Wayne had anything to do with getting his body into the right position to deflect a clearance up and over the goalkeeper and into the back of the net. But the fact remains he had to be there, and I think New Zealand's performance deserved a goal no matter how it came.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ben Wayne's a finisher. I don't I don't suggest anything else, you know, I really rate him. He's a great player to bring off the bench as well, and I guess Beas is trying to figure out a good way to use him leading into that twenty twenty six Wheeld Cup. So good on him, however he scored that goal, But yeah, you're right. And something else really positive as seeing the stats that I'm just reading over again now eight shots off, which is pretty unheard of for the men or woman to be frank, you know from these New Zealand sides. So yeah, good to that it's hitting in the right direction.
Speaker 1: They had a couple of really good opportunities. Libby Cacachi had a good opportunity. Matt Garbutt had a chance right at the start. Libby Cocacci drew a good say from the keeper so did he lie just in the second half, So yeah, they were. There was just a lot more to like about it, you know. I called both games for fee for plus and there was just so little to enthuse about in the first game, you know, the second game was a lot more exciting as far as you know, a New Zealand lens was concerned. They can look forward now to World Cup qualifiers of course over the next two windows. Just mentioned Max crokeum I thought perhaps and I think you shared the view that maybe Alex Paulson might get a go, but it feels us so Darren basically at the moment is all in on Max Crokum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how old is Max Crokum? I feel like you'll know that stat.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say twenty seven twenty eight old. Google it while you're chatting. Yeah, he's older than he's older than Alex Paulson. If that's what you're asking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Well That's what I'm wondering, is like, has he got another couple of years in him? And he clearly does if Bays is keen to invest in Croakum now and see him through wearing that number one jersey to twenty twenty six, So yeah, he's by all means a great keeper. My reasoning was just why not give Alex Paulson a go and try and yeah, test the waters and try and figure out that number one. But it's clear that that's their direction that BES is going, and I mean Alex, Alex Paulson is a reserve keeper not too shabby as well.
Speaker 1: No, indeed, Max Crogan will love me for saying twenty six twenty seven he's thirty one?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yes, that changes things then, but then keep the keepers are generally older.
Speaker 1: They can go until their forty if they want to. I quite liked the I quite liked quite liked it in one way, and that you know, he played well against Mexico for the most part. As we mentioned on the pod last week. Probably could have done better with the first goal, but other than that he was he was pretty solid. I don't mind to keep her being backed and like that. Having said that, I would quite like to have seen Alex Paulson have a game. He's still only got the one cap for New Zealand and that was at the Oceanian Nations Cup, and we know he's going to play a lot for New Zealand. You know, he's what's Alex Paulson. He's twenty one is and he compared to Max Crocum's thirty one, so you know, we're talking to players a decade apart in age. So we're going to see a lot of Alex Paulson in the in the time ahead. But yeah, good to have competition Ollie Sale. You know, a year ago we thought he was the number one and now he's you know, he's he's probably under challenge for the third spot in an all white squad. All Whites Power rankings are out on Wednesday, Bonnie, I'm excited. New Zealand Herald website five o'clock Wednesday morning. I'm told they'll hit online. This is where this is extremely arbitrary. Of course, it's really just my opinion, but ranking the fifty most important male players at the moment going around, and yeah, there's a bit of movement. There's a bit of movement from the last time.
Speaker 4: I did them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I obviously had a little sneak peek and I know we can't give any sneak peeks out to our listeners now, but I mean it's it's so good how much depth that All Whits camp has. And we've talked about this before, but I mean you and I had a little debate on different rankings and things like that, and it's good. It's it's only positive for the group. Again, I'm gonna mention it or in this World Cup cycle, our tickets to the World Cup is all but guaranteed and we need that. We need to have as much competition as.
Speaker 1: We can, absolutely right, So yeah, that's Injured Herald dot co dot NZ at five o'clock Wednesday Morning Football Fever, it's look at domestic football. Auckland f C continuing to put their squad together. Even though these aren't confirmed, some names are being bandied around as possible imports for Auckland f C. One year, hear a lot as chile and midfielder Felipe Galaghos. This has been widely reported by a number of well a number of people on Twitter for starters and another number of overseas media that he will he will be signed by Auckland f C. Also hearing of a Belgian midfielder and a Uruguayan striker that'll make four if those two and Galagos are signed. We've got Rocky Sarki of course there already, so there would be one more to add. And as far as the Phoenix concerned, they've their imports sorted for the meantime. But just hearing in the last little while that twenty one year old defender Corbyn Piper out of Birkenhead who has been trialing with the Phoenix. According to Nicholas Lennon, who's become a very good source on x as it is now Twitter. He writes for the Raw Sports and has got a lot of good sources. By the looks of it, he is reporting that that is a done deal. That Corbyn Piper, the twenty one year old KIW defender slash defensive midfielder, I think we'll sign for Wellington Phoenix. Have you seen him play for Burko at all?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, but that name rings about in one of my contacts, and the domestic league also said, hey, keep an eye on this kid. He's bloody good, so it doesn't surprise.
Speaker 1: Me, all right, So if he does sign, that'll be twenty three in the Phoenix squad. That includes two scholarship players Luke brook Smith the striker and Dublin Boone the goalkeeper, so they could add more, but that'll be twenty three. Let's say twenty one full time contracted play for Wellington Phoenix, which I think is a you know, a good number to have for Auckland f C. Just bring up their latest roster and how many they have twenty two, but seven of those of scholarship and they still have the four imports to add. So yeah, you know, we're less than five weeks away now, Bonnie. I you know, we've been saying it every week. It's it's getting closer. We're seeing lots of footage on social media of Auckland f C in particular and their training sessions. Yeah. Look, it just continues to the excitement continues to build ahead of the first A League men's season with two New Zealand teams in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, super pumped for that.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking I need to go out after that we record this podcast and book My flat's already done for that first starve you do. It's just crazy like that. Yeah, we're going to have for the first time to professional teams in the country. And yeah, really really excited for what's to come.
Speaker 1: I heard there are a few a few Auckland f C fans coming. I've heard that. Yeah, there's a few who are booking flights and ready to It'll probably be the biggest waste support that there's ever been for a Phoenix game. It's guys. I remember Western Sydney wander has brought about five hundred over one year. That was amazing, My god, it was so good. So if Auckland f C can bring a few hundred down, how goods are going to be?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? It'll sell out the game.
Speaker 3: I've already told my family down in Wellington to get tickets early.
Speaker 2: I think it will well.
Speaker 1: I mean, i'd love to think that it would. I don't know whether it will. I would love to think that it was kind of the fifteen twenty thousand mark for that. I guess it'll depend, like if both teams start really well, and once the season starts, it'll be front and center of our consciousness, so there'll be a lot more you know, well, will it'll feel more real? I like the fact that it's quite early. A question for you when the Phoenix come to Auckland to play derby matches, how many I feel like there'll be more Phoenix fans because there are already Phoenix fans in Auckland who won't championship? Is that the feeling you get that there'll be so who, even though they now have an A League side in Auckland to support, will remain loyal to the team that they've followed up until now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they will and we'll see a lot of that.
Speaker 3: You know that when it comes to the derbys, they're sicking with the Phoenix, but every other week they'll back Auckland f C. I mean, I'm one of them, I have to admit you know, I'm from Wellingtonough growing up with the Phoenix, so I feel like it would be terrible to jump ship just because I'm here up in Auckland. But yeah, no, that's definitely the case. And I do think as well, Auckland would be more of a more of a likelihood mount smart of selling out that they're Derby that they have here, just from as you say, the amount of Phoenix fans that are that are already up here in Auckland.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, Also, it'll the season will be what's seven or eight weeks old by then, won't it, or maybe even a couple of months in, so we'll get a steer, especially if both teams are playing well. I know that there's only part of it a Derby should it shouldn't matter, but yeah, if they're both playing well, both in top six contention, which I think looking at their squads they should be. They honestly should be both in top six contention, then I think, yeah, we're in for it. Well, the one down here and Wellington will be great. The couple up in Auckland to be great. I mean, just bring them on. Bring on some a league derby's football fever. Let's finish with keeper's playing overseas. You've got a few of the women to tell us about. Just a quick look at the men. Chris Wood didn't score over the weekend, but it was part of the Nottingham Forest side that beat Liverpool one nil at Anfield, first time Nottingham Forest have won at Anfield since nineteen sixty nine. Even I wasn't even. I wasn't born then, so no, not great.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: The following year I popped up, so no, even I wasn't around. Ben Old off the bench and helped Saint Ettie into their first one of the season and league in France. Joe Bell with Viking Viking rather continuing to play well another three points for them. Matt Garbett started and helped Nack Budda to another one in the air at a visit. Elliott Collier scored yesterday for Indy eleven as well. And I must think one of our listeners he goes by Young heart Hm on Twitter, who pointed out to us that it was the fiftieth first team appearance for reading for Tyler Binden over the weekend in a loss to Leyton Orient. But he's chalked up fifty appearances for reading already and he is still a teenager. He has got a bright future, Tyler Binden, and I think it'll be beyond reading as well. And of course for the national team, what about our women playing around the world, bonny unreal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gabby Rennie on the score sheet again for a Land United and a three ye all drawer in their latest game in Finland. Hannah Blake on the scad in her first game for Durham FC in the Women's Championship League in England, her new club over there. And vickieson She was in goal for Rangers in their six to one win in the Scottish Premier Women's Premiership League this morning. They've won six from six, which is unreal, Katie Bowen, and into a two from two in the Italian Women's Serie A League. They've beaten Napoli for one this morning.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for feature. Where is Jackie Hand? Where is Jackie Hand?
Speaker 3: Jackie Hand isn't replying to my messages and I just want to know where she's going, because she's too good not to be playing anywhere. So yeah, who knows, planey, I haven't figured that one out yet.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you messaged her that to all you could do. She hasn't replied. I'll ask the question again on the feature next week on the Pod where is Jackie Hand? If anybody knows where Jackie Hand is, just to either of us up on social media and give us the steer, because I mean, all joking aside, she is far too good a player not to be playing.
Speaker 3: Football exactly, and even if I mean we spoke about it last week, even if she does just need to come back to the A League for six months to get some footy under her belt and you know, just get minutes then and you know, be in the comfort of home as well, then why not? So I know that's easier said than done, but fingers crossed, Sh'll be popping up somewhere soon.
Speaker 1: And we know Mickey Foster isn't coming back to Wellington when I had that confirmed, even though we it was kind of common knowledge and you've sort of told us that last week on the Pot. It was confirmed during the week in a release from The Phoenix that she wouldn't be returning any idea where Mickey Foster might be playing her football.
Speaker 2: Next No, not too sure.
Speaker 3: She is going overseas obviously outside of the A League can confirm that I am hearing strong mail or seeing it on Twitter or x rather that potentially could be popping up at Durham where Hannah Blake plays, who we just mentioned, but only because they follow each other on Instagram, So I mean that's something in itself. The internet sleuths have done their slothing, so yeah, who knows that'd be good for her to get to England. She's obviously another bloody good player, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, that's how we find out these days. You're right, it's when a that's how people used to find out and still do whether a player as signed for the Phoenix and now Auckland FC. You check their Instagram and if they've followed that team, they know it's a done deal.
Speaker 3: Well, I follow Arsenal and obviously like I'm going to be signing for them soon, so it just makes sense.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, we'll keep eyes on that life that we might have to have a plan B for the podcast in the meantime. In the meantime, I hope you can stay with us until that contract arrives. Thank you for listening to Football Fever today. Lots and lots of stuff to talk both on and off the grass. If you subscribe, fresh episodes will pop into your podcast feed each and every Monday, that is when we record these these podcast episodes. Have an excellent week, Bonnie, We'll check checking again next Monday.
Speaker 2: We'll see you then The f F
Speaker 1: Feed with Piny and Bonny