Speaker 1: Now we're going to go there and welcome back to the Mad Monday Podcast, brought to you by four and twenty PI. Is the perfect at home snack for watching rugby league, or if you've left your lunch a little bit late and you've just come into the office and you raid the freezer, chuck those near. They'll do you right. Good morning, good afternoon. Actually, Chris Key, hello are you mate? You have been at a huge audition. Well wasn't huge. It was actually I wish it was huge. I wish it was a big deal about. It was very like it's an audition to be in an ad, and my agents decided to sign me up to start doing ad auditions. Yeah, did the first one last week. That was okay. This one involved singing oh no, singing whilst acting oh no. And I got there and a lovely lady was taking the audition. It's a really interesting process for me, Like I'm pretty much chalking up the first ten of these I do. They're going to be terrible, they were going to be shit, But I'm gonna after that I'll be used to doing them because right now I'm so just uncomfortable doing them. I'll get there and I've practiced, I've got the lyrics on my head and stuff. And then I didn't realize but the lady filming me was acting alongside me, and so she would like alliu me for my bit. So she'd be lsting this part, and then I'll do the actions, and then as soon as you do this action, you do your action. And that threw me off. So you're sitting in a room and it's just the two of you, it's just the five little speckled frogs. That's right, that's right. And then I yeah. And so every time she did it, I was cracking up because I'd come in and then do my bit, but I'd have a big shitt eating grin on my face the whole time because I was just laughing at the whole premise of what we were doing, absurdity. And then at the end, and we had to redo them quite a few times, which is clearly a great sign. And then at the end walked out, put your clothes back on, put my clothes back on, tawled myself down and walked out. It was just like first thing I do was message by missus, well I'm not getting that gig. Like straight away, it was just like a shambles. So I'm deeply uncomfortable in this world. You've got a lot of experience in this work. I've done a lot of these. I was on an ad to poor people. We'll talk about rugby league at some point during this podcast, by the way, be with us. Yeah, but I did. When I first moved to Auckland, my message signed us up for an AD that we did. We got paid like twelve grand for it, that's right. And I remember, and it was honestly like a morning's work. We did it all in like a couple of goes. Yeah. And then we're driving home and I stopped at a stop sign and I saw this guy on the side of the road working, and I was like, how long is he gonna have to work to make the same amount of money I did? That's right. That was the carrot at the end of the steck. And I was like, I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I want to get more of these. Yeah, yea, yeah, twelve grade doing bugger all y'all do that, that's right. The difference is depending on what ads you get. Like for example, rab poor Muddy who works at crowd Goes Wild. He's the dunch guy, the oh yeah, he's in Dinner Lunch, Yeah, dunch And that ad has been playing on YouTube and shit for over a year. Yeah, and now every time I see it, I'm just like dunch man. And so that's I think what they're paying you mostly for is the fact that you are going to be plastied everywhere, whether you're like on kmart ads or whatever you might be doing, or in store. One of the things is like, oh, we're going to use images of you in store and shit, and I was like, oh, I kind of don't want that. As someone who's currently in an ad singing, I pray you don't get it, because it's every time at that tear bad Yeah you might if you've seen it, you might have missed it because we're just in the background. It's the four people on the couch, right yeah. Yeah, I've got a hunch they go into hunch land and in the accas in the background singing. I was going for what I thought was quite a tasteful high third harmony, but upon rewatching it in every fucking air break for the last six months, I missed that, right, And I'm man enough to admit it. And did you think there was a take that you did nail it and they just chose the wrong tape. I'd like to think so, but Jaragon not ja so do the show with He was like, it's funny because the ones you think you nail you don't get, and the ones he thinks, oh, man, I just know what I'm getting that he always gets callbacks for. So if they call me back for this, it'll be a miracle. Yeah, one hundred percent, it's not gonna happen. No. I did a few when I stopped doing them. It was it's so honestly. I did about ten or twenty of them, and I felt so humiliated. I was like, I'm not going to do this anything. You know, you said you the humiliation of faith. Fucking didn't it just got well? But you were saying the issue with yours is you did through COVID and you had to do a self tape and your messes had to film one. Well, I shouldn't have to. What happened was they said, can you film this audition by yourself at home? And you've got to like lose the remote down the back of the couch, you crawl into the couch and then you get transported into another universe. This, Yeah, you going to act this all out? Flailing around on the couch, I said, right, you know, I'm not paying you tens of thousand dollars. So I gave the phone to the message and I'm standing in front of the couch and I looked at her and I was just like, I was just trying to jem myself up. I was like, oh, I fucking do it. I I can't do it, but I've been there. I was like, you know what if I've left thousands of dollars on the table. And this is the thing we agreed upon is if you are in this situation, it's probably a very rare situation for most people listening, but get a tripod, don't deal it with your missus because shit like, I can't do shit like that with my missus because she'll I love it at bits, but she'll start like giving you feedback, which is often great feedback, but then all of a sudden, like she'll be like, oh, maybe try and get and then all of a sudden, we're doing like a whole scene and like it's it's not worth it. It's already humiliating. Not my miss's silent judgment. Oh that's that's even worse. I would not do it in front of jeers. Absolutely not. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: For the three you still listening, this is a Warriors teamless pre view for the weekend coming up. This weekend, we are playing the Eels back to back home games, all of them sold out as well. But before we get into the actual team that has been named, huge news today coming out that Jazz to Vanga is leaving the club, and I just wanted to address this. I addressed it on the Agenda podcast this morning. I know it's a different audience. I had nothing to do with Jazz Ta Vuger leaving the Warriors. Can I also do something? Yes, I had nothing to do with Shanel Harris to be missing that cake. The real question for you is did you have anything to do with Hayden Wild getting overtaken in the last kilometer of that race? Is a lot of yeah, a lot of conjecture on social media last night because there was one of the all time commentator's curses about Hayden Wild. They said it's his gold medal to win. Now, the only question for Alex Ye is can he hold on to the Silver Nick Minute taken as a freak. Yeah, he as a freak. No, that wasn't me. I was saying it was you with an English accent. But anyway, I had nothing to do with Jazz. I haven't talked to him since. I asked him how his rehab was going, and he that's right, and he was like, I'm not even injured. I've been playing. Yeah, and that's embarrassing for you. The most confusing part is I commentated all of the games that he played. That's what I was confused about. Yeah, and I know that you knew he wasn't injured. Yes, you just freaked down and went to like a panic read a question off a piece of paper mode. I read a question. What the other thing that's not shown in that video? About twenty people in that room, only three of them with me, Die and the player. That's right. They were about twenty other people in that room, media, including my message, sitting in silent judgment. Now she was there, but yeah, like the air handlers, like the immediate the Warriors media team, Richard Beckt, No, Bigdy wasn't there. The blonde check need Eddie, she wasn't there either. Glenn Harris Glen Harris was there. Yes, one out of three not bad, great man, but we yeah, just sit as a set down. Look, we were really litigating it. How do you feel about Jazz leaving? Because I am I love Jazz. He's been at the Warriors for a long time and I think twenty five percent of the season he comes off the bench and brings some real energy. But to be honest, I think if you're going to have like a the team that's going to do some serious damage in the postseason, I don't know if he's one of those players. I just don't know. I how do I feel about Jesse Fung as a player? He and Bunty He was saying, are there only two players in the team right now that came all the way through the age grades together? So he is, you know, one of the great servants of the game in the Warriors colors. Yes, might be time for him to move on for his own career. Well, that's the thing. He'll probably go somewhere and just turn into an amazing off the bench player. This is what I said this morning on their Gender podcast. He has a chance, and this happens to Warriors players to go somewhere else. The year after they leave and then just become one of the greatest players in the National Rugby League. It happened to Ali Kato, it happened to Isaiah Pappale, it happened Chance nickel Clok started Ree Walsh, Reese Walsh did it. It was nothing before he came here. So I think it's going to depend on where he lands. Jazz is going to be fullback for the Broncos in two years time. We're talking about like it's often lost on people. The only Dalian winner from the Warriors was Roger to I Vasischik. That same year, Jazz was the interchange Player of the My favorite award did they dish out basically the sixth Man the fourteen? I think absolutely. And Jazz when he is on fire, he's excellent. He just needs discipline, Like, yeah, his discipline comes and goes and he's easily racked up. But if you put him under the right coach, and I don't know whether Webster is the right coach for him, but you put him under like a Wayne Bedditt or someone like that, or a Balamy, which is a pretty big ass to get him with that lot. Yeah, but I feel like someone like that could really get the best out of him. Perhaps, I think it's for him. He needs to dial lear how much fifty cent he's listening to, because he said it, that's what he listens to. If he wants the g himself up. Oh wow, probably many men. And then if he listens to too much of it, that's when he said he can come on with the rid myss right. I don't get a little bit too racked up. But that is the same thing that makes him a great player, can you know, also create some of the errors. It's like a guy who that's the line hard but subsequently knocks the ball on quite a bit, which we have a few of. Yes, I think I'm excited to see where he ends up. I think he's going to have one of those like glow up seasons after he leaves the Warriors, and I want that to happen. It won't be a situation where I'm like, dam we should have held onto him. It's gonna be a situation we like, get on your mate, that's awesome. He's a victim also of the bench we have if our team is at full strength. There's a lot of overlap between him and Dylan Walker Well he wasn't even in this. He wasn't even like the first five games of the season, he was playing the grade below. He wasn't even jazz was he was. He was injured for most of the season. You gonna remember that, Oh okay, But when he wasn't injured, Yeah, he wasn't even able to make the side. And I think the interesting thing around this and the reason why I'm not too worried about these guys leaving because there's rumors it was that Dylan Walker might be leaving now as well. Also rumors Dylan Walker wants to leave at the end of the season. I think he's off contract at the end of the season. Anyways, he wants to go back to Sydney. I could be wrong with my timing on this, but these are kind of guys that were signed on and kept on by people pre Webster O'Sullivan probably, yeah, Bi O'Sullivan who also signed his son in law, and you know, like he signed pretty much his entire extended family brought and his actual son and his actual son that's right, Like he and his daughter works at the class like he was just hooking up as family members. Yeah, I mean that's a huge allegedly yeah, and also checked that at the front. Could my dad allegitedly get a job at the Warriors and sign me I reckon, Yeah, as the head of recruitment. But I like that Webster has signed on long term and he's obviously gone. Look, I don't think these are the guys, while they're great. What I want is these type of guys and I hope that the people that he brings in over the off season like he's because there's obviously I'm trying to wrap my head around why he names the bench with Lassick two forwards and then liquahalas Seema. Yeah, so this week it is Lassik, tom Ali Jastavanger and Liquahala Sema Jestevanger back off a hamstring injury. And that's the thing, as Bunty and gener is he just out of four Bunty, he is playing for the new South Wales Cup team. What I think is going on is he's not seeing enough from those guys to make up the interchange where he's seeing enough from guys like Liquahala Seema and he's gone until you're shown me that you like, I want the seventeen best players out there and while you might be a prop right now, you're not playing good enough. That's the only way I can justify his bench choices. Yeah, I agree with you, and I hope that we like. Whether you agree with him or not, I think it is important to stick with one dude and let him make the decisions for an extended period of time. Just let him. Have you seen on TVNS in plus at the moment? Is that Dawn of the Dolphins? No? So check it out. Three episodes. I think they are now long each. It's basically Wayne Bennett talking about from two thousand and two twenty two building the team and going, these are the guys we need. I don't care how many minutes Jesse Bromich plays. If you get guys like Jesse Bromich, he could be playing thirty minutes. I don't care. It's not about him on the field. It's about the guys that want to come and play with him. It's about him sitting in the stand and like all the stuff he says, Yeah, it's so interesting. And now after watching that, I'm like, maybe webs is the same. Yeah, that's right. And Wayne Bennett even said, look, I would rather have eight guys. I know are the right fit for the club, and nine young fellas no one's ever heard of. I don't care. As long as they're the right fit for the club, I will run out with that team. And I think that's what Andrew Webster might sort of be doing. Yeah, it would explain why he is sticking with some of the selections that he's making. That's right, because you know, people are always asking me about why he's been so pegheated with the perceiving it as being pegheated with the selections the like you say, the players off the bench, the guys that he keeps pecking when they may or may not be able to form. And I think it's because he's got a vision of what he wants to have the team look like. That's right, And you do kind of have to have one guy who sits down and goes, this is how I wanted to look. Right now, he's still dealing with, you know, players that have been signed off from before his time and making them all work. Yeah. I think we've got the bones of it there. Yeah, but hopefully over the off season there's a few more people that come into play and we go, Okay, here we go for next year. And then we win the premiership one hundred percent. Well this is how the team lines up this week. Yeah, we should do that. Charles Nicol klock Stead is back. Yes, he's going to be in at fullback. Delan tens A Lesniak is on the wing. Ali Latawa and Maila Graham Tulfa are going to be your sin to peering. By the way, I don't know if I'm breaking any news here, but Adam Pompey I saw him trying to get out of a car the other day when we went to interview those other guys took him a while, took him a while. He's done, He's yeah, there's groyn knee. It was I don't know why I said Groin. I saw his knee get injured. I don't know why I asked Jester Vunger, how's hamstring?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 1: What are you doing here? Roger twvus Schek is on the other way. This is where it gets interesting. Sean Johnson is back and to Mighty Martin has been dropped. He has been named in Jersey number like twenty one, so people are saying that he was injured late in the game. I did see him rolling around. I don't remember if he came off, but also don't remember Jesevunger playing this season, so that doesn't say too much. Are you suggesting that the reason it's HT alongside Sean is because Tomighty could be injured and he might be switched in or I think he's been dropped, but I have heard people saying that he's been injured, so right, do your own research on that. I just found it surprising that it would be Shanelle Harris Devida in the sixth Jersey and not to Mighty Martin. Do you think Webby thinks, assuming that Tomighty Martin's healthy, that Chanell is a better fed alongside Seawan Johnson. He wants to see it. That must be right, must be like to Mighty And to be honest, he's been playing his bist footy when he's been directing the team around and doing Shawn's role. Right, Yeah, but he's been playing. You'll know you've got him in your super coach team. You've had him ever since. He's been killing it. You can't expect him to go to five eight, you know what I mean, and then play that attacking roll with Maybe c Ht is better at you know, I do I do know what you mean. I think it could be a combination thing, and then we could walk out of the studio and find out that he's actually been injured. Also New South Wales Cup Metcalf's back. Yes, as early as next week he could be back in the side. He could well be so. And I don't know if I'm spoiling anything, but he came into the studio a few days ago. He hopped out of the car sweet as Oh yeah, no, Well, we interviewed him on the He was the one I wrote down, how's the rehab going for? Oh, that's right, Yeah, going great? Apparently see he's in the New Southwest. I asked him that as well, how the reheb's gone? You know, have you ever when you're you're asking questions and you're in like a duo or a trio. Yeah, I'm genuinely I want to know when are you're back? Mean, how you going? Yeah? As soon as I asked, someone on my show who will remain nameless goes, oh, but you're sick of being asked that question? Yeah, And then he goes, yeah, I am actually And I was like, I know, but you're a warrior who's been injured four months. Yeah, and I want our team to win. How's your fucking rehab going? Yeah? The reason you're sick of us because everyone wants to know how's the rehab going. Yeah. Otherwise I haven't asked you what's your back? I won't ask you about it. But until your back, what's your rehab going? I might ask him about it, what's his back? But yeah, Shawn Johnson, Max, you know, Harris Tavita will be partnering him. The foward Peck looks pretty stock standard Edin fanoa Blake who has been killing it lately, Wade Egg and Mitch Barnett, Matak Capewar, Dylan Walker in the thirteen Jersey, pretty lassic, Tom Ali, Jastavanger, Lika Hala Sema. I think another thing that could be working against our dear friend to Mighty Martin is you can't really put him on the bench, you know what I mean? He only covers Way's fullback center. Yeah, I know, but not many teams cover a you know, carry a fallback center. Well, we've got a fullback, don't we, Roger, Yeah, that's right. So yeah, you're right, and if we need cover, it's at hooker. Yeah, that's right, which is where c HT can go and jazz and obviously pretty last. But also then you just you're moving your pieces all around the board and screwing up everything you've practiced mid with, like you know, it's just so hard. On the other side of the ledge of Gatho's back back in the number one Jersey out the back, Jack Tungu or Will Pinnacedy Blaze to Lungey who is apparently leaving at the end of the season. Sean Russell, Dylan Brown, former Warrior, Dejon RCI, RCG Brendan hans w with Gregg, Jean Lane, Bryce Cartwright and Run Madison. That eels floundering at the bottom of the table. They are I think second last at the moment. Can I just say better team than they should than they are on the table? That forward pack, yeah, RCG Brendon hands, I mean he's pretty in experienced, but one of Griggs a good player. Sean Lane is excellent, Bryce Cartwright has been excellent, Madison has Madison had the best pipes in the NRL, yes, and has a history of being excellent. That is such a good forward pack. That is not a second to last forward pack. No but they will be second to last even if they beat us. Yeah, that's right. They're on fourteen points. The Rabbitos are just above them on twenty. Yeah right, so yeah no, they're definitely gonna be second to last. How are you feeling about this game? I feel good. I think the I think the Eels. I've watched a bit of the Eels, having had Dylan Brown on my team for most of this year, watching him knock out fifties, watching him knock out fifties, sixties. He they they just I don't know what it is down there at Paramatta. Yeah, they suck and their team on paper isn't as bad as it should be, you know what I mean, Like there are good players in that team. Well, I mean they are also lacking a lot of their big names like Jermaine Hopgood junior bowler, and Moses Yeah. So those are three huge names. But that's not come second to last two seasons after being in the Grand Final, you know what I mean? Like that's I know, I don't know what's going on. So I think home game. I think the Warriors off a win helps paying for blood at Mount Sparts Stadium, sold out, baying for sold out Mount Spats that they know they're going to be bottom of the table. The only thing they're playing for is to not be Wooden Spoon. Yeah, they're flying all the way over here. It's cold here. Yeah. Well we talked to I think was a Marcelo Montour was talking about when you come over to New Zealand, you get put up in a hotel in South Auckland, you drive through industrial Pinros to your training facility, then back then back to the ground again. You're like, fuck Auckland sucks because that's all you see of it. That's good, right, that's what we want, I know. And so that's what they're dealing with this weekend. That's just going to be peers. It's going to be Oh that's bad for us though. Oh yeah, but we haven't won a game of the rain since nineteen eighty six. I don't know if it's going to be raining, but I just I just meant it at the moment. In general, the wers poose. The only time that comes back to bite us is we want to sign these players. Yeah, and their whole experience is what you just describe. That's what Marcello said, is like then I moved to Auckland is like, it's acually not as bad as you think it is. Oh thanks, Masceli, Man, it means a lot. So yeah, I don't know my prediction for this game. I think we win this I don't think we win it by a lot. I think it's going to be another messy, gutsy sort of win. But I think two on the trot really changes the complexion of this team. I don't mean I don't think that means we're going to make the playoffs and then make a massive amount of noise. Although I actually feel a little bit more hope than I did for the last few weeks. When you look at the numbers, so we're on twenty one, we're still one of the only teams that has a bye left final round, so I'm calling that twenty three, which all of a sudden puts US in just behind the Dragon. So if we win this one, in my mind, we're top eight again. It's actually not as far as you think that it is. That's right. The only thing that's making it slightly far is the seven other teams that are in the similar position to us. Yeah, we have a relatively easier drawer than them, but the only other thing is that there are still well five games left to go in this season. That's right, So five opportunities for us to get knocked out, and we have to win all of them to make it in. But I do think you know, season's not over. It's definitely not over. Damn straight, it's not over. This Friday, eight o'clock Mount Smart that is primetime Warriors viewing. This is where we do our best work when we're mathematically required to do stuff. Yeah, we're big math guys. It should be Warriors thirteen plus. But I have a feeling it's going to be closer than we think. But we will get the dub as well. It's my prediction, I think so to looking down the track. So the games all sold out, you can't get tickets to any of them. So yeah, as we said, we have got the Eels this weekend. Next weekend we are are way to the Dolphins, then the Sea Eagles. Then August twenty third, we're back here against the Bulldogs. Show a rematch of the showdown that they won by one point, and you could be there all thanks. That's a seguey, by the way, Chris, you should try it on your radio show. All thanks to the Mad Traveler giving you the opportunities. The opportunity to see the Warriors best Bulldogs August twenty third, Thanks to the Mad Traveler, this includes flights, accommodation, five hundred dollars cash cash cash takes pie to three two three six to be in to win all thanks to the beautiful four and twenty Traveler. Pie. Actually just on pies, go fuck yourself, okay, sweet, we'll be right back after this. Are already to start the next NRL season. Chris, the Warriors and a few of their mates are going over to Las Vegas. They're going to go and play a game in front of the American crowd like they did at the start of this year. And if you want to join the ACC team for a massive rugby league weekend in March off twenty twenty five, you can text Vegas to three two three six to book your spot. These are packages. There's a couple of different packages you can buy. There's like the all inclusive one, which, to be honest, just by that you don't want to be organizing your own flights and things like that. There are a few spots left. I'm not going because I've got a wedding on the same weekend. So how close to mates are you? It's the same thing everyone asked with it's the same thing. Look, Metcalfe asked, you're sick of the rehair. I'm sick of the rehair man. Yeah, very close mates. But like I did say on their gender podcast this morning, the groom blue as Achilles recently and he sent me a picture of it of his foot in the moonboot and said he did mo killes at Rugby on the weekend. I said, oh no, surely you won't have to move the wedding. Surely the wedding doesn't have to move back a weekend or two, right, does it? Because you wouldn't want to be in a moon boot for your wedding. It's pretty long rehab for an Achilles. Actually, you don't want to be in a moonboot for your wedding. God no, your wife would hate that. Oh your photos. You can't walk out into the woods and get a fight. Yeah. Look, it's he's not going to move the wedding. Why you get him on the phone on the agenda and ask him to move the wedding, just straight up like a lot. Here's the deal. I'm trying want to go to Vegas, and I love you, but can you move your withdding? What would it take? Yeah? What was it? What would it take? What do you need from me? How many four and twenties would it take? Yeah? How many export Ultras would it take for you to No? No, lucky, there's only going to be one that the Warriors will play and Las Vegas again. So I don't know, man. And the other thing is that going to an NBA game that's part of the package Vegas. That's all good. You don't like basketball, It's only the only thing on my bucket list. I have nothing else on the bucket list. Nothing I'll get. I'll get my chance. Souch is getting quite intense, Chris. It's getting down to the pointy end. Obviously we're running like an overall league. But you know, on the side of every overall league, there's always a head to hit. Right where are you on the overall league? By the way, allow me to just bring it up right now, I am hovering around ninetieth, right, I'm thirtieth, still a chance to win that. I'm just trying to bring up our league so I can congratulate who's leading. I'm eighty eighth, that the No I'm not Shapes is out share front, then Racecourse Hotels is nixt Hayden, Hro Occassini shout out to Hydro who's playing he's third, Olum Homer and then the Duck Rockers. Yeah, so that's the top five at the moment. So you're not ninetieth, Bro, was that your rank? I'm eighty eighth. Oh nice, Bro, what's your mathat? But yeah, I know a lot of people will have their own side head to hear things as well, which once you're out of contention for the overall, which you would have known about six weeks ago, you your attention definitely shifts. But for the run home, it's getting a bit confusing. As to her to bring in, we talked last week. You have to bring in Cleary. If you've got a super coach team. You and I brought him in as soon as he was back. Yeah, so we're sweet. But if you don't have Cleary, yes, you have to bring him back and you just have to do it. Yes, And it's the same as Todesco from a few weeks ago. If he has a shit it, you've just got to cop it. But also if he has a shit. Everyone's got him. Everyone else has got him. This weekend he did not. He had about one hundred and thirty points going into the half. I think they were like, did he have two tries in the first half? Two try assists? Yeah, a million run meters. He ended up scoring one hundred and seventy five. If you don't have Nathan Cleary in your team right now, move heaven and Earth to get him in. You're not bringing him in to beat people. You're bringing him in to not be caned by everyone. Yeah, exactly. So it's just making you the same as everyone else. So if you don't have him yet, who the other thing to is, who have you got it? Half back that's anywhere near as good as Cleary because Heinz is out, Heines is out. Yeah exactly, So get Cleary. It's a no brainer. Yeah. Move if you have to move walker, if you have to move cues, figure it out. If you need a cash out opportunity, I think Casey McLean's still a good one. So he was a cash pith, Yeah, a cash out one that I was saying last week. If you brought him in, congratulations to you. Two hundred and I think it was two forty last week, he's up to two seven. He scored fifty four points. He'll still have a negative break even, so he's still make money. He's still playing for the Penrith Panthers. The only issue with him is eventually he won't. Oh yeah, And so the guy I was saying, who I've actually pulled the trigger on this week, who will be playing for the rest of the season and has been playing shit lately, is Isaac tungle Oh yeah, he's three hundred and ninety four thousand dollars. So I cashed out Molly Talo. Now I got like almost two hundred back. Yeah, Maluitallo injured. Now that's right, he's injured. He's done for a month. And I'm not keeping someone who's out for a month on my bench. Absolutely not. At the start of the season, Isaac Tungall was up to eight hundred and twenty eight thousand dollars and he's more than half that. Now Cleary's back, will Tungu will start playing better. I watched him at the weekend. He was fine. Defensively, he was not that great, but he is at least going to be playing every game for the rest of the season because they don't have a buy. Yeah. So yeah, I don't mind that one at all. I think that for me, the drops are the harder part. Yes, and her to bring in this week has been the most challenging. I have undone so many trades. It's been ridiculous, so many different combos. Are they're players in your team that you want to drop? Is that what's going on? I was going to drop Jermaine a suckle this week, and we talked about it last week. The Dolphins have got a really tough run and he's just not that. The ball's not going out to the right side. It's all going to Boss Top. Yeah. However, Molly Tylor goes down. Garreck's out with a head knock. They have a buy anyway out of buy this week, sir, and so in order to keep numbers, I just have to go, well, it looks like I'm keeping a suckle. Yeah, I see, I'm with you. What about three May? Do you have him? I have him, and I have been swapping him out with various players, including the one you've got written down here, Ruben Cotter. Ruben Cotter is out, he's got a head knock, Rubin Cotta. Yeah. So he's out. He would have been a great option because he's front row and back row. Yeah, and I've got Mitch Barnett, who is the same, and you've got a perfectly sort of malleable team that you can switch around depending on matchups and who's got buys. Yeah, But because he's got a head knock, he's now out. So I've just decided I have Mitch Barnett, Terrell May, and Usua Kamando on the bench in the front row. I am fine, I'm not touching them. There's no point. That's fine. Yeah, I am beenning exactly who you said. Jermaina Cycle and Terrell May are both going cashing a circle out to McLean. Ye're nice, and then I'm going May to pass. Yeah. Yeah, I think that if you've already got Mitch Bunnie's there's no point. Don't care you're getting painhars. But I just think that's a that's rock solid. I was lucky enough to get on to be Pugo junior at about two hundred thousand dollars when he came in. I was still he was even one of the trades I did that I did was still thinking about Terrell May down to Tavita, but I might not just leave the front row. Yeah. Also the amount of shit I'd give you if you did that. So to your third guy, Tavita's my third guy. That's a good third guy. So mind too. A kmmando who's fine, he's not been playing that well. Do you want to know who I did bring in? The reason why I freed up cash? Pappenhausen this week has got the Melbourne Storm are playing the Dragons. I believe yes, So I think Papenhausen's going to score. At least he looked. He didn't look his normal south up there. He's still got ninety four points against the Eels last weekend. I think he'll get around one hundred this week against the Dragons. And then I'm cashing him out to Ponger. They've got the buye they've just had the bye. They're playing the Panthers this week. Ponger's going to drop down in cash, Papenhausen will hopefully go up, will stay the same. Then you've got Caln Ponger against the Tigers. That's right. Ponger's run home is chill. I've got Marju and gag Guy, a nice little Night's trio there. However, the big dog who I'm bringing in probably a week to two early because his break even is massive. I have upgraded. I've had Luke Brooks the entire season. Yep, he has been upgraded to Cameron Munster. Ah. Yeah, I like that because Cameron Munsters BREAKINGIMT one hundred and fifty, but the playing the Dragons, he could get a hundred.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: I know. I brought Munster and I put him out. I brought him in, shook them all about. I think, Munster, if you need to fire a shot this week, that's what I'm doing. I'm firing a shot that is your shots. It's that time. And I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't taking on our producer Adam Porlmanner and our Hit to Hit league. He's a gun. Yeah, and so I'm like, shit, I don't have to pull something out here. Yeah. I did look at it. Yeah, because I've got to Martin and my tam. He's been dropped. So I was like, shit, do I bring Munster? And it's the thing with it is right, I waded up. Do I bring in pain Hess or even the bloke from Joseph Tapin it. Yeah, enter the front road, get rid of till May and what a combination of pain Hess and whoever I traded moly Tarlor to like just a standard winger. Yeah, would that be better than a combo of Isaac Tungwor and Cameron Munster? And I was like, no, I don't think it would. Yeah, because Isaac Tungware playing outside clear against the Waggons, he could score a try and get seven year eight and Munster could light it up even though he's growing a shot to bits. So I'm just like, stuff it, let's go for gold. Let's leave it all out there like Hayden Wild. Yeah, one hundred percent. Hayden Wild fired shots last night. That's right, That's what I want to try to do. I'll probably fall short at the end as well, So yeah, I think to recap all of it. And obviously I don't think we should stop down and talk about it too long. Nothing clear as your captain obviously. Yeah. And then but that's the good thing is you can just have fun with your vice captain. Val Holmes is playing tonight day night game. Yeah, he's playing tonight against the Tigers something like that. Yeah, absolutely, So he'll kick a million goals. Yeah, he is playing against the Tigers tonight, so that is your VC loop if you're that way inclined. Yep. And I think just to recap, if you want to fire a shot, bring in Monster, bring in Munster. Yeah, he'll be cheaper next week, probably, but who can I'm not. I don't care about waiting a week to save money. It's the end of the season, that's right. Other than that, just fix your team as you need to, And Casey McLean is still your cash out option if you need to do. You know, how else is this week? Who Joey Scarks? Yes, six hundred and twenty two thousand, that's not bad. I do feel like if you're bringing him in, it's almost the luxury trade. So if you're bringing him in, it's because either dropping Garrick or what about Molly tullor Molle Tauler was only like he's under five hundred now he was five hundred and something. He's like five hundred and seventy something. But yeah, yeah, fifty grand extra to get Joey Marto and I was trying to figure out a way to get Munster, Manu and Ponger, and mathematically I could not make it happen. Yeah, Oh, there was another thing that I should have said about my trade. So Trell man Asako, I'm bringing in payinhas and Casey MacLean, I'm also making two hundred and sixty nine thousand dollars. Who are you who are going to drop that stack on Angus Christen after they're bye? Yeah? Nice? So around twenty three or something maybees So I think next weekends there by, then the round after that, and I'm going to bring him in or just a bit of a rainy day slush fund, which is a luxury to have at this time of the season. Would you just go massive and upgrade someone to like a Jacob Carrez or you know what I mean. I spent a good long while looking at Jaden Campbell as the shot that I wanted to fire. He is so skucky, he could score, and he scored one hundred at the weekend. He Yeah, is that like eight hundred thousand dollars? I couldn't. I couldn't justify it. He was four hundred at the beginning of the season and five eight, yeah, which it would have been great, but he missed a lot of games as well. Yeah. But AnyWho, all right, that's your supercoach trap. Just quickly. The four and twenty four pack price pack is still going and each month the Mad Monday team have four tickets to Warriors and four and twenty pive vouchers to give away as well. To enter, just text the month the keyword three two three six. I'm just a little bit worried that it's a new month right now, Chris. I don't know if you realize punching a punch. It's August, oh, first of August. So last month's promo word was spit. It's still split this month that one slipped through to the keep it. So take spit to three two three six, four tickets to the Warriors and four and twenty five vouchers as well. We're gonna take one more quick break and we come back. We'll give you a hunch for this weekend, or just before we place our hunch, Chris, which we will do live in the flesh a little on air Brainstorm. A bit of audio has been sent to me from the producers of the Jonan Ben Show on the Hits, so obviously you'll know who Johnovan Ben. Ben's done a few commentaries with us as well. Here at the ACC and they were talking about me. And it's not rugby league necessarily, but it is sort of fantasy adjacent. They were talking about a fantasy basketball league that I set up at the start of the year. Do you remember we used to do the basketball podcast here at the ACC, the Benchwarmers with Ben pants Man. That's right, And so while that was going, we set up a fantasy league. And this is them talking about it on this show this morning. A group.
Speaker 3: That's Maniah who works for the Alternate Commentary here at the at the radio station. He set up a wonderful NBA basketball group, like a fantasy team group. Yeah, and you pick your players and you have to manage them throughout the season.
Speaker 1: I was part of it as well. You were, Yeah, you were part of it as well. And I knew. I knew when I signed up to it. I could look.
Speaker 3: I could see the look in your eyes. You're like, he's got no follow through. You would sit your internal time as to how long it was until I chicked it. Yeah, and I haven't been. There's been not much activity for me on that group.
Speaker 2: No of your life to play against because you did nothing all season, your players were out or whatever. You're like, it was the worst, so you had an easy word every time he'd come up and get it because you didn't change it once.
Speaker 3: No, I bought a guy who was actually still down for four months for gun related isshoes, so he couldn't even play.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I know the real story here, I know and I may not like me say this. When he came in and he said afterwards, I was just meaning to talk to you, to me about that, but you were like, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: I'll play, and he.
Speaker 2: Was like, ah, okay, all good, and I said, I saw and it is like he did nothing all season, like he didn't even try.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, he just took up the space. It was like, didn't even once. And players, I want you to play. Great, it's so great, John said to us. And then oh, clearly wasn't. Yeah, you knew, you knew what was going to happen. You know, I don't think it lasted two weeks. Now.
Speaker 3: I was involved in the you know, the preseason ban to oh, come over, you guys.
Speaker 1: Did well, and yes, I got kicked out of that group. So that is the side of the story. They almost bang on. I did go into just ask being if he wanted to be in the fantasy league. And I walked in and John I goes, I think I saw in John in his eyes he thought I was looking to make up numbers. That's right. So he's such a nice guy, and out of the kindness of his heart, he goes, jeez, and I needs another guy and his ve I'll do it. And I saw that. I was like, oh, And as soon as I walked down, I think, I can't talk to you. And I was like, I hope he's not just doing it as a favor because we don't need an extra player. So out of the kindness of his heart, he ruined our entire basketball league. Because I didn't we had an number of players. I had to go and find another person who had never played fantasy before. So we had two of them in there. And there's nothing whor saying you like, you want a particular player and I wone who's got them odds. John, Oh, he's not even gonna check. Yeah, and you can't even trade with them, no, right, That is exactly what happened. That was so frustrating. John lovely guy and means well, but he wrecked our league. He single handedly destroyed our fantasy league and won't begining them invite again this week. Play this clip on your show, John It but I just thought anybody that's in the fantasy league which mostly listened to this podcast, Yeah, well I've been able to appreciate that absolutely bringing someone and who didn't want to be there. All right, it's time to put out hunch on for this week. Each week we get a one hundred dollars bonus bit thanks to the tab to put on whichever we would like. We can do it live and in the flesh because they've got my laptop in front of me here, Chris. Not too much value in the hit to hit market. The Warriors of dollar twenty two over Parametter. It's a good value four dollars twenty five for Parameda to win. Yeah, a little happiness insurance. They call it the holiday Maker, this kind of game, which is when back, if we lose this game, it's holidays for us. Yeah wow, I mean the Paramediday. We're already on holiday, you know. Yeah. Now, I'm not gonna be I do have a positive feeling about the Warriors this week. There is no point going here to hit. I feel like it could be a high scoring affair unless it's wet. Yeah, and let me just check my Apple iPhone with him. Oh no, it's just cloudy tomorrow. Okay, So its great. That's good because I'm supposed to be going fishing during the day and Mount Smart won't have wit surfers. Oh yeah, so let's go. Let's definitely go some anytime try scorers. What have you got in mind? Well, I've found a hunch. You know, I'm big on my omenry, absolutely, and I've got one as well. You've got an omen Okay. I've looked through the power play options and this one's not paying a lot, so I'm not too jazzed up about it. Excuse the punt. The second highest top power play is any two. I love. This is what we got on last week, one of these similar sorts of bits any two of Dallan Ortinez, lisniek Roger two of us as Shick and Roger two US as Shick to score a try. Wait what how? But how is that good for you? Though? Dylan Ratinez, Liz Near, Roger toy Us as Shick and Roger toy Us as Shick. It makes no sense. It's clearly a typo, and that's my hunch. But that's a huge omen. The BEIT and gods would not have put that in the power play, They wouldn't have let that through whoever chicks. But mathematically you're short changing yourself because you'd be better to have three players than two. That's why I'm saying. But the omen what is that pay dollar fifty five is touched up? Ever, you don't think a spelling mistake making it through the gatekeepers at the tab as a hunch? Yeah, I suppose I've got a hunch for you. This is a big omen as well. Well here's one for you. Why don't we multi these together and this can be our hunch for this week? All right, Well, my maltis already paying one hundred and fifty nine dollars and twenty four cents. Oh okay, but go one hundred and fifty nine dollars my MALTI is do you mean after you've put a bit? You don't mean that those aren't the odds. It's pay that's the odds, it's paying. It's a three league multi it's the odds are one hundred and fifty nine dollars and twenty four Okay. The three blokes all rumored this week to be leaving Jazz Tevunger, Dylan Walker, Blaze Ta Lungy, Oh yeah to score a try, yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Don't put ours on it. No, I'm going to, but that's gonna sprigod like we can't. You already said it. If I don't put the bed on and it happens across the weekend, we're going to be furious. So if you one hundred and fifty nine one hundred and fifty nine times one hundred dollars, that is fifteen thousan nine hundred, you give a hundred back because it was a bonus bet. Yeah, fifteen eight hundred dollars. That's not going to come in or is it well or classic punting? But what if it does? But what if it does, would you throw it? Infno a bloke in there because he's definitely leaving. N just the three from this week, okay, three from this week Blaze Tar Langy add to bet Slip. We're going to scroll down until we find our dear friends. Remind me of their names, Dylan Walker and Jazz Tevanger and Jazz Tevanger. So we're betting on a bench player and out of position lock and a center on the second shit his team, and can I can I just put it out there that I was just shooting the ship with that. I've got a dollar on that. That's it. Other cameras running, the cameras are running. We're gonna put our game day hunch on that, all right, Blazer Luggy. I'm confident and I actually am confident that either Jazz or Deli will score tries. Well, okay, okay, it's themated return fifteen thousand, eight hundred and twenty four and we will be paying that out to you, all right. Don't follow that, and by the way, I do not follow that one, and just watch it. Just watch along, yeah, and your wind will be when that pays out, we will be passing on the wings. You don't need to put your money on it for nothing. The excitement's coming from this because don't come to us on Monday and below. Chris did no shit, Never do that. Never listen to anything I say. O for a thousand. All right, we need to knock this one on the here before we lose this company any more money. Thank you, yes, Chris, enjoy your weekend, oh and have a great call on Friday night. As well that's right. Tomorrow night, myself and Die hendred Back get mount smart calling the game. So if you see us around, say hello. Don't say anything about the commentary course. Cheers. All right, we'll see you guys on Monday for another episode of the Mad Monday Podcast. And Australia without Rugby League. He's not Australia.