Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Night's podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: I'd be greetings and welcome Marcus till twelve. I hope you're good. I think most of us will be sitting here on the cusp of a long weekend and we'll be thinking public holiday on a Friday. That's weird. What does that mean for next week's Beinnesdays? Because this week's Bennsdays, we're fine. What about next week? Something's going to go weird though, wasn't it. They're going to be shifted by a day? At least I would to speak, But anyway, there'll be an app for that. I just haven't got it. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine two nine two to text, Greetings and welcome. Thursday feels like Friday. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. But get in touch if you want to talk. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine two nine to two to text here and with you right through to twelve. So part of my brief tonight is keep you updated with what's going on over the next three hours fifty three. Yeah, it's kind of a hard thing to do in this day and age, because who knows what's going to happen, but if it does happen, we'll let you know. Also, till it is a long weekend, we're on the cusp of that, some people will be heading away. I don't know that it's going to be a big night on the road traffic wise, I think from a midwinter break is not most people must do things this time in the year. But if there is any traffic interruptions, I will keep you updated on those. Yep, So get in touch. You want to talk at Marcus till twelve. There'll be ennuble things I want to talk about the next three hours fifty two minutes, and I will keep you across those, but we'll keep it open. So there's other stuff you want to talk about, freel free to come through and I will keep you updated on the local news also for the next couple of hours. If anything happens, you will be hearing about it. So yeah, I'm not quite sure what that is at the stage, but looking forward to the cusp of the long weekend. Oh, eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine to nine two text if you do want to come through, But if there's anything else that happens. I will keep you updated with that. So who knows we were going to end up for the next three hours, fifty three minutes fifty two minutes. So I enjoy about the Thursday end of the week kind of says you never quite know where it's going to go. But do get in touch you want to be a part of the show, as I say, Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two to text. Been some good topics this week. Have been some shows that have been re enjoyable. Jewels and self checkout everyone's gone quiet on the Cowbells, although it's sold out quite quickly even see someone said that the chief when that the Chiefs when that there should be an esterex by their name because of the way they got to the final thought there was a bit mean spirited your play according to the rules of the tournament. That and a winner as a wonder if they've won by the rules, they won fairly anyway, So I'll probably give the old cow Bells a bit of a quiet break tonight. Thought we covered that pretty well last night. Actually, if I do get in touch, you want to talk eight eight eight text, I shall start the night with a question. It's a question that might require a bit of thinking, but I think it's a good topic and I'll certainly be quite happy to answer it. And I've got a lot to say about it. So the question for tonight to kick us off for a starter for ten, give us a think about this. It could be quite fun. Let us and ring through and let me know what is What is the most borede you've ever been? Do you ever think about that? And let me know the most bored you've ever been? I can think of three incidences, and actually just walking away from the mIRC to shut the door. Actually, when I think about it, I think back to my childhood and don't be to consider not going on a deep regress about my childhood. However, I would say that there were long lengths of my childhood where I went to things where I was unbelievably bored and bored to the point of thinking I could no longer much go on with it. That's how boring some of those things were. There's a child, You're at something, I think, jeepest creeps, it must be finished now, and you find you about a third of the way through long trips, movies, meetings, all that sort of stuff. And my own children don't say to be bored at all, which tear like, why are you bored? Why can you sit through this? Anyway? So my question to you is that the most borge you've ever been. Have a think about that. Give me a holler or text. Either is fine, but mainly the calls is what I like the most, And the phone calls and the texts are fine. Oh eight hundred eighty thirty nine two nine two to text the most borge you've ever been. And I think you have some good answers to this, I hope, because I certainly got some good things to say. Oh eight hundred eighty thirty nine two nine two to text the most Copparently they're saying this comes on the bank of an article actually says it's good to be bored. Well, not that good, not that good. If it takes away you will to live. Get in touch, Marcus till midnight tonight. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text the most ballge you've ever been. Get in touch, Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text. If you want to add to this, if there's something different. You want to mention tonight whether it have been the Friday free for all on a Thursday, but it feels like a Friday, the eve of Matadiki. Get in touch and make yourself knowing. The most borede you've ever been. There'll be one event you went to. There'll be something that you did, some trip or something you think, goodness, gracious me, this is mind numbingly boring. And what does that ring through? And let me know. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two detexts. The most boorde you've ever been? Yeah, be nice though, I mean, don't they listening to your radio pravable things like that because it's always hurtful. Well, I don't. People think that's funny at the time, but you know it might be a radio experience. Actually, yes, get in touch. Oh eight hundred eighty thirty nine two nine two de texts. The most board you've ever been? Just cleaning some Oh I've just dumped some of them, putting their butt dump button down. Steve Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 3: I know Marcus, Steve, Yes, it's you him, Marcus.
Speaker 2: What was the most board you've ever been?
Speaker 3: Probably in the category of everybody. Nothing bores the shit out of me more my expression. And then transit on the way home in an airport.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, So which puts the transit when you've got to go between one airport and the.
Speaker 3: Other, Well, you're just waiting for the next flight flight m Z six eight two peq three three hours and a half.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I actually quite like that now with cell phones. I don't think it's now I get bored by that. I don't fly that much. So we talking international, are we?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've fled. I must have one hundred and fifty trips for leisure now without bluing me trumpet. But yeah, so you can't wait to get over to these I'm leaving on Saturdays. I just know how many time. Yeah, and for curiosity because that's my buzz going somewhere and absolutely bored xless on the way home.
Speaker 2: We should dream destination, Steve.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's going around, said they believe I'm not going Southeast Asia. But with the war going on, it's a bit of a worry.
Speaker 2: But the wars not in Southeast The war's not Southeast Asia though, was it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But the plane there being diverted and who knows where it's going end up. You know, it's a it's a bit of a minor worry.
Speaker 2: Goose to call from overseas if you could like to hear from you, Donna Marcus, welcome, Hella.
Speaker 5: Marcus talking about being bored. A friend of mine was getting married many many years ago now, and we're very excited because obviously girls going to weddings, and after an hour and a half of the Greek Orthodox, the whole thing grew the Greek and there's only so much of the tabernacle or over the course and everybody's clothes that you can look at, and it's finished after three hours. I wanted to show off my.
Speaker 2: Arm cheapest did you get to smash the plates?
Speaker 5: So it went on for so long that by the time we got to the reception, I had to get back because my father was babysitting my daughter and he had thought that we'd all died somewhere because they'd been gone for so long. So I didn't even get to get the dinner.
Speaker 2: It's a long wedding. Donna, thanks so much that sixteen past eight.
Speaker 1: Your trusted late time Talk Marcus last night's call eight News Talk said he.
Speaker 2: Those sounds smuggle pass. I think I could ever be bored at a wedding or at a church brought a funeral, actually, for they always found them quite interesting with the long one Sundra Marcus.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Oh, good evening. Marcus. Here, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 6: I could never get bored at those events. But one movie that I was completely bored when at Feast came out to the point that I had.
Speaker 7: To walk out. I was so bored.
Speaker 8: And since the end, it was quite a few years ago, many years ago actually, and since then it's played a few times on the television and I'll sat down with the intent of watching it so that I know what the movie it's about. But I've fallen the sleep.
Speaker 6: Goodness, are you there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna have the big reveal. What's the movie Apocalypse Now? I don't think it was too bad. There's worse, Jared, It's Marcus.
Speaker 10: Good evening, Good evening, Marcus. First of all, Apocalypse Now isn't a boring film. It's a masterpiece.
Speaker 2: I thought so too. I watched it in strange circumstances at someone's place in a small room, and it was weird. But anyway, that's a story for another day. I think it was in VHS's had first come out. We went down around to at Mats place to work, and the whole family was there. Anyway.
Speaker 10: First of all, this is a fantastic question, and I think we'll get a lot of great answers.
Speaker 2: A super topic, it might be a super topic. It is.
Speaker 10: It's that macro sort of way how we feel doing things and that, and yes, when you think about it for long enough you can have a very substantial answer.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 10: Alfred Hitchcock once said that drama is a life with all the boring parts left out, and to me that says we need to feel bored, because otherwise we wouldn't have any contrast between started or interested and the most bored I've ever felt. And that's a very good point about watching a boring movie or something like that, but that's one particular experience. The most board I've ever felt was when I was forced to read books that I had no interest in reading. I'm not a fan of English literature. I love reading. I'll read all about the Second World War, about cars, about history, space exploration. But when I was forced at university and school to read books that I really didn't care for, it could take you, depending on how much time you've got, it could take you weeks to have to painfully go through being bored reading a book, and it takes a very long time.
Speaker 2: What was the book that bought you the most? Because I've always found books, I mean, if you're studying on English, they're normally of a fairy high caliber, aren't they?
Speaker 11: They are?
Speaker 10: And I understand the appeal it would have to some things. But I could not get into Virginia Wolf. I could not get into Jane Eyre. It just really isn't my thing.
Speaker 2: And wonder why you were studying it?
Speaker 10: Well, it was part of the English course. I studied to be a journalist and that was part of the currica for some reason. You know, they have to pad it out somehow.
Speaker 2: And I always though Janie was a bit of a was a good read. But thank you, Jared, Sarah Marcus welcome. Oh hi, sorry, Sarah, you're welcome.
Speaker 12: Welcome?
Speaker 2: Well all right, Hi, Hi, I was Sarah. I'd hate to be called Sarah. I like Sarah. I don't mind Sarah, but Sarah is better.
Speaker 13: I thank you. Yeah, I always get Sarah, and I always correct everyone straight away. Otherwise they keep calling Sarah. Anyway, I had got something in my hands that I've had for a little while that I thought it's actually funny. As soon as I saw it, I thought of you, And for me, I think it sort of merges into what we're talking about tonight of boredom, because I think I would be quite bored listening to this. But it is a vinyl a power of steam, historic sounds of locomotives in the North Island of New Zealand, fare well, because I remembered you did that TV program But what was it? The trains?
Speaker 2: The trains? The train? Has it got tunnels? And has it got horned?
Speaker 13: Mate? Yeah, it's got all sorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I quite like.
Speaker 13: Yeah, off the air, I'll probably read reads some of this to you. You look, it would bore everyone else lost thing, but like to just to say a couple and you've probably done all through this area. But teatle ha, there's waititoa to the outskirts of Moransball passing. Yeah, honestly, I think you think you're going to love this, But again, I think I would be really bored owning this, So I'll drop it off to.
Speaker 2: Wherever at I don't want to. I haven't got a turntable, don't you know?
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 13: No, okay, this is leading into another question. Then why why wouldn't you have a turntable?
Speaker 2: Come on, I went to Yeah, I know the jeepest creepers. You know, got houses full of kids and stuff. There's not a lot of room.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well that's true. Yeah, yeah, I've got a house full of kids and stuff. Yeah, okay, I need to seem Okay, well then I'll take it photo and I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You what I have heard these records in the past. The old man used to wake us up playing one of those in the morning on holiday. But they were very well recorded. There were the r n Z you know that the people with the proper with the proper materials sitting on the so they're extremely well recorded. Those albums.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was trying to look at the It doesn't say the year that it was actually done, but it's it's by KEEI Records, by a h Yeah yeahs of New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Where did you get it?
Speaker 13: I've given it a whole bunch of vinyl. My husband's dad passed, oh about fifteen twenty years ago, and when his mum moved on, she found or she's in.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Anyway, they renovated the house and I found an old box and it was all that sort of stuff and yeah, it's it's actually quite cool to listen to, I must say, but it's not really something that i'd keep in my collection.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably good to go to sleep too as well.
Speaker 12: What really?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, soothing? Oh you want to try it, Sarah? Thank you. I don't want to look at gift tours in the mouth. I'm sorry I can't take off your hands. But yeah, you sat down on trade with forty bucks. Having to read Waiting for God on the seventh for eighty two was bro I saw the play of Waiting for God. It was a hard watch. Marcus. I got reshed to hospital due to a potential life threatening in finction. They told me had to stay at night for monitoring. It wasn't a better stay, so no speak, closed nice snacks, no TV room, and got locked in because of COVID concerns. What's worse as my phone ran out of battery half an how after I got there. That was the most board I've ever been in my thirty five years on this planet. Cheers Owen, Marcus, thirty eight, years ago tomorrow New sal and witness a significant event. What was it? Twenty five plus thirteen eighty seven. Helly's comet was it wasn't very good, though, I don't think. I don't think we could see it much, Marcus, I've never been so bored. When I got a traction as a four year old for ten weeks, I still very tough. Then I distant to note at the hospital in my twenty so I helped the nurse to make beds to make me feel useful. Never bored though, Dave Goodness, plenty more texts. I'll get to those. They're very very good. If you've got calls, the most boards you've ever been eight hundred and eighty ten eighty eighty, ten eighty eighty, ten eighty Someone went to a wedding in ten Yana. I'll tell you more about that before too long?
Speaker 16: Was the important events all those years ago? In nineteen eighty seven, the inaugural Rugby World.
Speaker 2: Cup, I thought it must be had this comment, I don't know, but it could be better.
Speaker 16: Was was that eighty six?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 2: Well been? Okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I think I think it might be the Rugby World Cup. But we'll find out no doubt.
Speaker 2: I can't tax the back thanks, totaling twenty nine to nine. There we go eight hundred and eighty, ten eighty and nineteen nine two to text. Most brooring event I went to was a wedding in Tiano. It was raining. There are only two restaurants open and two pubs. The movie theater was closed. Nothing else to do. We sat in the hotel for three days watching TV that have sky on Netflix. Goodness me, why do you go for a walk? It's the walking capital of the world. Piano and there's the trout you can go and see in the underground area that the oh no, never board there jeepers up to Lake Marion, brilliant eight hundred and eighty Did lines free them? Derek?
Speaker 14: Yeah, mate, I'd have to go with David kirklift in the World Cup, Doctor David.
Speaker 2: It was eighty seven eighty seven.
Speaker 14: I'd say that'd be it. And just on the trains. If they ever put the Kingston Flyer and doing the trans Alpine over from crostious Gramma, I think I'd jump on board behind the Kingston Flyer.
Speaker 17: I'd love to do that.
Speaker 9: It'd be awsome.
Speaker 2: How would they get it there?
Speaker 14: I don't know, mate, but you know, just just to be on a steam train going doing the Transalpine Express railway trip would be just beautiful. I reckon just beautiful.
Speaker 2: The Trans Alpine's boring enough as it is without it being even longer. As they fed around with a steam train. It takes forever. What a long day?
Speaker 18: Then?
Speaker 2: Is there and back?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 14: I made that, made the program the world great train trips around.
Speaker 2: The world whatever. They wouldn't have done it though they've done it one way and got chopped out. I'm sick of all them. I'm sick of all these trainer pologies saying how amazing something and it's not. Well, I'm not read. It's a long day to go all the way from christ Chips to Graymouth on all the way back in the day. People are exhausted.
Speaker 14: Trent Siberian Railway, I imagine that. Anyway, My most bought I've ever v makers coming out of left field. So when I first got put into the Mount Eden ramand Center during COVID, they weren't allowed to put me off anyone. There was no TV. Wow, there was no box. All I was giving was a piece of a piece of paper and some pencil and for three weeks. Not only was I shaned out and not you know and guilty and all that, but to be bored for three weeks and you're allowed that I was allowed out for twenty minute walk each day.
Speaker 2: I want to dig a bit deep into this dere When you say mounten Raman, that's not the old prison, that's the new high it.
Speaker 14: No, no, not cold, it's nah, no, not cold, it's not the new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have a view?
Speaker 14: You could look at it a little we rectangles to speaks square on the door so the other you know, to look at other cells.
Speaker 12: But you know.
Speaker 2: You now you drive by it on the motorway, you can't see it. So how long were in remand for?
Speaker 14: Well before they put me into a room with it was before they managed to find a TV that worked. Yeah, yeah, I was just by myself like two and a half three weeks and it was it was crazy. It was yeah, that was boredom and just.
Speaker 2: A peen in a pencil a piece of paper.
Speaker 14: Right, yeah, yeah, what I'm thinking, Yeah.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 2: Pean of a pencil.
Speaker 14: No, it was a pencil, No pens and with.
Speaker 2: A pencil sharpener.
Speaker 14: Now you get to shapen it on the ground or something.
Speaker 2: Really, so what did you do?
Speaker 18: How much?
Speaker 2: How many sheets of paper?
Speaker 14: Just you know, just as much as you wanted. But you know, the pencil was about two inches long. Yeah, so it keeps stepping the lead.
Speaker 19: So I gave up.
Speaker 2: Could you talk? Could you talk to people in neighboring cells?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 14: No, you could hear them. I could hear the other ones. The ones either side of me had a TV, so I could hear them. Yeah, but they couldn't find a TV for me. And that was the most bored. It was two and a half three weeks of that. That was just bad. The only excitement was listening to the water running the shower now and again.
Speaker 2: And you with your twenty minutes did you do star jumps or press ups or you just sort of walk around?
Speaker 14: I just sat there, sat out in the set there, trying to look for to see a pigeon or something fly by.
Speaker 2: Sound bored? How many hours? How many hours could you sleep?
Speaker 20: Well, you know, you try and sleep, you trying to board them away, but then after a while you just sleep so much and then you're just you're just awake, you know, and then you use track of time, you know, you wake up, you wake up the middle of the night and said, well, what time is it?
Speaker 14: Like, I've got nothing to what's the time?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't know if it's daylight or dark.
Speaker 2: Or what, you know, But anyway, it does sound excruciating.
Speaker 14: Oh mate, it was bad. It was really bad.
Speaker 2: How good was TV? How good was TV? When you got it?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was just like the Hilton Hoste ALBUMTE was like being there, you know. And then when they propped me in a room of someone else, well, they weren't bored anymore, mate, They just said to listen to.
Speaker 2: Me, brilliant. It's good call, Derek, Thank you. Twenty four away from nine, the most bored You've ever been? I developed restless league, sending over from doing boring office jobs. Maths class at schooled torture. I struggle with the basics, and when it got complicated, was a complete waste of life. My brother was one of the last key he's had a wuhan. When COVID hit the two weeks in Chinese isolated odell board airs, a lot of people bored in the hospital. I attended this conference and motivational speaker from you say honestly the woman went on and on for what felt like hours. Had to realign my jaw from all the yawning. As a kid, I used to get dragged around garden shows. As an adult, getting talked into going to the opera as a young man driving a road roller. By the end of the days boarding on being dangerous. It was only for one day. And always remember whenever I see a road roller. Boring is sitting on a plane aisle seat and passenger with window seat pulls blind down after takeoff had snoozed an hour looking up and down the aisle. Was a good flight all the same. Marcus, when you first asked the question, I thought you said, what was the most baald you've ever been? Which, of course when I raise his shaved my heads a bot of my friend with Limphona. Marcus. Most bored have ever been was on a blind date the guy. We did the chicken farming and everything about chickens all night. Big course, Big course, Big course, Big course. Marcus was in the Zand Army sometimes ago I went to Ossi for excise against the Assi Army thirty hours lying on the ground in an ambush. I only have the Aussies covered in fifty meters of the kill zone, turn around and move off. Another hour waiting for them to clear the area before being able to move off ourselves. No moving, talking, cooking, toileting, married and having to pull the golf cart. Very happy now in my own shyyl. Most board of whom have been is working for airport security. Cushy. That movie Fantasia, Nicko Yello agree, Fantasia was garbage? Two rounds e MiQ traveling back from Ozzie for Uni. Anyone got anything to say? Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and does everyone remember stay at home when you send them out to stay at home? In twenty twenty, Well, I see she's out the preferred prime minister. Goodness, how things turn. It'll be triggering for Sabbia. Very specific question, the most bored you've ever been? It's a good topic, actually, Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nineteen ninety two text sus it it's Marcus, welcome, Hi, MICUs Hi, Susan Hi.
Speaker 21: You know when COVID hit and if you went to the doctors and you're waiting in the waiting room forever and they took away all.
Speaker 12: The emergacy that's right.
Speaker 2: And they never came back.
Speaker 21: No, no, I say, you'd sit there in the waiting room looking at you everything nothing to look at. So I had just shut my eyes and go into a meditator.
Speaker 2: Meditated, You've always got that chance for Lavanni. He's not off a.
Speaker 21: And then you can go to anywhere you like and get lots of entertainment. So the guy behind the computer at the counter, he was looking around the edge of the computer at me, and because I wasn't moving and I had my eyes shut, he thought I'd died. Wow, wow, And he emailed a doctor to come quick and have a look at me right over. Came right over and whispered, are you And I opened my eyes and I said, here the problem. I'm just meditating, and they all lapped. He still wasn't sure I was okay, and go behind the computer. He never heard of meditating, obviously. But anyway, I've been watching this program on Taley and about this quite famous englishman and he decided to buy a whole pile of land and go farming. And so he got all these bee hives and everything. He put the bee suit on, and he still got stung between the cheek right through the suit into there, and you should have seen them move in the plane. And then he put all these hives in his car, and of course the bees came with him. He didn't think about that, and so he had them all buzzing around in his car while he was trying to drive.
Speaker 2: Now, what's the what's the show called?
Speaker 21: Well, I never get the names. Of course I can't see them, but at least they announce it lovely.
Speaker 2: It's not Clarkson's farm, is it?
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: People enjoy that.
Speaker 21: It's funny as anything because.
Speaker 2: He's on top Gear, su is it? You heard the top Gear? No, it's a motoring show, that's where and then they can so that's where he's from, and this is kind of his this is his reinvention.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's really.
Speaker 2: His mother made a lot of money making Paddington Bear dolls. That's where the family money came from. Yeah, that's right. Really yeah, well that's just making the dolls. But he's a pompous idiot. But people like his. People enjoy that show.
Speaker 21: It's funny anything.
Speaker 2: I think it's just I think he's just a very bad heart attack from the stressfood all. Actually, well, I.
Speaker 21: Was sitting there and I started wringing my hands and having a bit of an anxiety attack just watching it. If it wasn't funny, you just freak out. Well, everything goes wrong for him everything, So where's watching.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you, Suzette. Thank you sixteen to nine. Welcome the most board you've ever been. That's what we are talking about. Forty hours in the hostel waiting to get next round a foremost boring weight ever. Marcus wife took me to lay visit the theater. I had no idea what was going on. Thought the halftime intermission was a full time whistle. Oh that's bad, Marcus. The navy ship saying the seas has to be one of the most boring things doing. Sailors are amongst the most avid readers. Read one book handed on. I've read every Louis Lamore and J. D. Edson book ever written. Noah's reading back. It shakes me back. In the sixties and seventies on a warship, we mostly read yippies. Sailor for cowboy books and movies, Marcus. Most boring thing ever has been taken to an Andre andre Rio concert in Melbourne. Oh my god, I could have self harmed cheapers, get in touch of your talk. The most boards You've ever been nine to nine to to text, keep those emails coming through people. Most board I've ever been, COVID lockdown, alcohol poison was a bigger threat. Joe Richards brilliant boredom has been sixty six years up at waking up with the same headline about the Middle East every day of my life. An is pretty bored. My ion is quite dynamic, isn't it. You get a window to the life Marcus. Most boorat I've been is watching the Kid's milk Cows. That's from Mike. I think the most I mean I sat through Space Odyssey two in two thousand one. Space Odyssey flip. Yeah, that was unbelievable. That just felt like days. I must have been eight or nine. I've been too scared to watch as an adult. I suspect it's not quite as boring as I thought, But I'm not convinced about that. Oh wait, at At tell you the most balls You've ever been nineteen nine two to text keep it going, Uh huh, Marcus. I to laugh, and I realized you weren't saying the most balls you've ever been, And got me thinking, though, pereps another night, have a great show, early start for me, So off to the scratcher. Hello, Marcus. Click clack, click clack, click clack, click, click clack. Riverdance. It's quite good, isn't it. I think you'd be bored during riverdance? Would you move your arms? It's quite one of the regrets I didn't even go to see riverdance. Flatley mid flight when the sounds must be good? Kicks in anyway? Ten to ten to ten to nine. My name is Marcus, welcome gee. How about that state of origin? How about zach Lomax? No kicks, no good. He'd be fitting bad, won't he? Anyway? Having watched I've read some of them. Mop up of that today.
Speaker 22: Not a lot.
Speaker 2: They gave the ref a but a grief. I think in the end they thought probably in New South Wales, and that guy's lucky that Lloy didn't get done for an eye gouger. I thought, look sketchy as anyhow, the most borge you've ever been. It's some good responses actually, although been a topic creep there towards the end. That's all right, I can handle that. Marcus slipped through the original June movie woeful. I'm sixteen hour, but still recall when I was tea in my pop dropping me off at the Glenfield Rugby Club for wayan nobody came. It was the wrong day. I waited for six hours and a pop came to pick me up. Well, that's a lot. I would have walked home cheap as.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 2: It's been in the evening selling hot dogs at the Sea Scout discount the Bluff rugby Club. Yep, that's right, good turnout, good sales the under tens and then the ten plus. Has the rugby team practiced? There's been trouble with the rugby team and referees not turning up for because of incidence. Yeah, there's a bit of a there's a bit of a oh bit of drama and the rugby club at the moment anyway, will been played out on Facebook that I'm sure will resolve itself without The team seemed to be practicing tonight hard under floodlights in the rain. Marc's most brought of e been five years night shift in a muscle factory and have lock so boring. I think my most boring job was a school holiday job that was out by the airport at Mangai where the parking riders now out. You go by the cemetery. There were big orchards there and I had a job on holiday pruning grape saplings. They were just sticks put on the ground and you'd leave two buds out and prune them on an angle and you'd start and you'd just go down a row and the row would take you all day. Unbelievably boring. And I think that was probably before the days of walkman or anything like that. Oh, I didn't have a trainy, but she she was boring. Marcus, Who's Afraid of Virginia? Well, terrible movie about two couples having dinner argued in a star cast all over forty years ago. Never forgot Marcus. My dad making us watch his favorite movie, Lawrence of Arabia. I took the Willington cable car. The first half was great, but halfway up we met the other carbo car coming down and the look of sheer, desolate boredom on its driver's face at me hard. I couldn't enjoy the rest of the ride. Wow, boys had a good time on the for the Killer. All the calls are good, Tony, Marcus, welcome, here you go, good Tony.
Speaker 23: Yeah, no, yeah, I was just sitting there listening to your show, and yeah, I was singing dead the boy in the job I ever had was sticking the cherries in the fruit talered cans on the line.
Speaker 12: Really yeah, free cherries.
Speaker 23: Had to go into the can. You know, the cans are going pasture on the line. And we had a big pub in front of us full of those red cherries and we had to put free cherries in each can that went past You know.
Speaker 2: What was in it already? Would it be peach and pear.
Speaker 17: The free tailed cans?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I think what fruit was in it?
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, it had peaches, apples, pears, peers yep. And then kind of like we had a tub in front of us and it had thousands of these little red cherries, you know, like everybody used to fight over them when we were kid got who wanted to get the cherries. And then when I was about sixteen, where then you know, I ended up working at this case where they did the fruit seed cans, and oh that was the most boringous.
Speaker 9: Job I ever did? Was that what he is?
Speaker 23: Or SPC you're hear a you?
Speaker 2: Okay? I didn't know there were just three per ten. I found that quite interesting, Tony. Think you just heading towards the news long way at last, oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine to nine to detect Marcus till twelve. The most Marcus the most bored I've ever been was on the first date with somebody who talked about himself constantly all evening might have been okay if he had a notorious pastor and adventurous nature. He was an accountant, Lisa listening on holiday in Bali, Can you see the volcano? Our dad used to send brochures to his two thousand to his twenty four thousand customers. We got paid one and a half cents for sticking each label on the brochure.
Speaker 9: Is mine?
Speaker 2: Numbing? Also just went to the hornby night Market's excellent. Never been before we lived down the road. Definitely not boring. Their delicious did you it's Sonya's soup? Marcus bored him is watching the Crusaders with another super Rugby title, Go the Chiefs. That's from Joe Marcus. Most boring memory from childhood listening to the Football Schools on the radio read by a man with a monotone voice Liverpool nil, Tottenham nil. Bored at Jonathan livids and bloody seagull eight years old with Mum got to take me to the beach for fish and CHIPS's areel one, three cherries and a can of what is fruit salad? Mum hates it. When there was only two shared three kids, I never knew they measured them out. Twelve months on the Mulcahino Islands of the Hodockey Gulf as a World War II listening station. These are what people are saying. Your comments, please, the most bored you've ever been.
Speaker 22: Let me know.
Speaker 2: My dad made us watch his favorite movie, Lawrence of Arabia. The muscle shift Your jobs is interesting.
Speaker 15: Old man was.
Speaker 2: Involved with some sort of community committee. Used to go to from an occasion I tagged long to meetings. God, they're excruciating. Cheeper's Council media is a child jeepers who I don't think. I don't think I was a good person at hiding my boardom either, Just saying Terrio, it's Marcus, welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 24: I'm the most bored I've ever been. Where there's a ten year old We went over to christ Church from Cobden Graymow on Holiday and I dragged emphasized the word dragged into the Plaza Picture Theater to see that the movie The James Dean Story.
Speaker 9: Oh oh never.
Speaker 24: There was really the longest two hours for a ten year old you could have ever imagined.
Speaker 2: So hang on, what was it, James true? Is it a story about his life after he died? Yes, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 24: Yeah, truly, it was called the James Dean Oh.
Speaker 2: No, I believe you. Yeah, what year did he die?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 24: I keep getting him mixed up with Lawrence of Arabia because one of them was killed on a motorbike. I think there was a Rabian guy was killed on a.
Speaker 2: Who was a Lawrence of Arabia? Guys that peter at all?
Speaker 24: Yeah, well, Lords of Arabia was killed on a motorbike. I'm sure what James Dean. I think James Dean had a sticky.
Speaker 9: End as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he died in fifty five in the movie was in fifty seven, so you're right, oh fifty seven?
Speaker 25: God?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Four for thirteen, yeah, oh god, I'll never forget it. It was as boring as listening to the budget the other night on Telly.
Speaker 2: Did he die in a car crash?
Speaker 24: He died somehow or other?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 24: True, yeah, that you want to try it as a young kid, just sitting and watching a thing like that?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 2: Your mother?
Speaker 24: My mother and father they wanted to go and see it, and I was with them on holiday, and so we went into the I don't think it even exists now. The Flowers a theater. Who was in the square in the corner there by the post office.
Speaker 2: So hang on, did Peter Till die?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now you got me who died from Lawrence of Arabia.
Speaker 24: Lawrence of Arabia himself died on a motorbike. He got hit by a train, I think. And that's right at the beginning of the film.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, that makes sense, all right. I thought it was quite a good film, Lawrence of Arabia.
Speaker 24: I didn't mind. I didn't mind that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Accident in Dorset, England.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I remember. Anthony Quinn was some grubby Arab and he told some He told Lawrence of arabi he lives on two pints of water a day. I think it was one to drink and one to wash in.
Speaker 2: Very good okay, A thirteen past nine Lawrence on a motorbike. Jameson in the car into a tree, John John, John, John John, your calls the most board you've ever been eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nineteen ninety two to text particularly boring jobs. If you've got one of those, a really really boring job. Marke s the old have bought them fest He made to go to an address to sit in the room with two and three nine other people every day for up to seven hours until people in authorities say when you can leave. It's a thousand dollars per day or jail if you refuse to show up. But the first thing you've made to do on day one is watch a video on the dos and don'ts of how to be a Dura Marcus. The most boord I've ever been was when the Reobi went berserk and drilled away hole in my hand. Rayan sparky, thank you. See what you did there? People trying to mix it up a little bit. Na, It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 18: Oh hi Marcus. I've got a story about being very bored. I was working as a nurse. I went over to work in Sydney as a nurse nineteen ninety five, ninety six, and I was being paid the most I'd ever been paid then, which is twenty four bucks an hour in ninety five, and they sent me to this hospital. This young man had had a very bad motor they called creesh, but he'd recovered. Really, his family were so rich, so even though with an enormal muskit at water at his own room, and I just had to sit there for twelve hours, there was nothing to do for him. Honestly needed nothing done. There were no phones. I didn't think to take a book. I sat there for twelve hours. I might have checked his caretheter, but that was it.
Speaker 22: And it was really boring.
Speaker 18: And when his family came and they sort of looked at me as if I should be doing something, but there was actually nothing to do, and he didn't speak eng and it was just ridiculously boring. Man, I was being paid, but it wasn't worth it. I wanted to walk out, but I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Did you just do it for one day?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I think I did it a couple of different days because I was working for an agency, so they made a different hospitals. This was Royal Milkshow Hospital, and I remember another time in the same hospital or rich family. Again, it was very nice of the rich family, but their mum was in the hospital, right, so they were rich. So there's the normal nurses on the ward. Then this old lady, the lovely family decided she needed her own private nurse to the night. This lady was there's nothing wrong with that. She was recovering. I bet it for forteen hours, wow, until I decided to leave. And then I got some feedback that the FAMI would have rather stayed until the next nurse to arrive. But the next rooster than the right forteen hours.
Speaker 2: No book, I guess it's the downside of news and listen, it can be quite boring.
Speaker 18: Well perhaps of it. I mean, I'm not bored now, and but the end my job now. But I look back on that and honestly, I mean it was. It was boring as hell.
Speaker 2: What what should have you done to make it more interesting?
Speaker 18: Well, okay, reflecting back now, take stuff with me to do. But you know, I just didn't really know what I was, you know, going to Like they would send me places and sometimes I'd be sent to a board where I had to work as a nurse, Like I was an extra nurse, and I was actually working. But no, I remember, there's most boring, boring sitting there and honestly, some health care workers still.
Speaker 4: Have to do that.
Speaker 6: But you never get a nurse to do that anymore.
Speaker 18: You get a healthcare assistant and they get bored as hell. They tell me there's sometimes they have to sit in and then hospital and watch someone who's maybe a bit a bit, you know, dementia or something.
Speaker 2: What's the people do that now called they're.
Speaker 18: Called health care assistance, so they won't be paying a registered nurse rate for someone to just watch someone. But that's boring, boring, boring job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you care that you need a needlework or something to do, to sit there and do some hobby.
Speaker 17: I would, but it was just like I sort of didn't think.
Speaker 18: I thought I was going to a nursing job. It was like, I mean, if I could go back in time, you i'd take something to do.
Speaker 2: Where was the flesh hospital? Where was the Where in Sydney was the hospital.
Speaker 18: That was called Royal north Shore Hospital. It was a big hospital. Yeah, but you know I had to go on the train. You know, I didn't have a car. So I mean, once it was there, it was there.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 18: I don't even remember having a break. I must have gone a little toilet.
Speaker 2: It's funny how the healthcare system works. We can put a private news inside a public I don't quite understand that. But did the other nurses come and check out?
Speaker 18: It was the other nessis didn't need to check before. I think what it was was that the family was so wretched that they I was working for an agency. So yeah, there's been the private news, a private news to a public hospital.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I don't know if rich families would do that in New Zealand. Will never clue. Hell did you last in Sydney for I was actually pretting this at the time, So I come back to it's a baby.
Speaker 2: You might have added to the distress and thank you for that. Twenty four past nine email Marcus is doing Versailles while doing a tour of the Palais. Been away since ten May, France, Sweden, denmarketly Croatia, Gagging to get back heading home via Perth with my family. This again a little bit of key. We back into our conscious and needed a top up chair. Steve. Nice to hear from you, Steve, do you want to be a part of the show the most bores. You've ever been, boring jobs, boring child of experiences, boring things that you've done, you expect that you're going to enjoy it. Ah, Marcus, can someone die of boredom? Well, won't be bringing us if they have making wooden palettes for months on end school high in the UK and the seventies, Dad would take time off work and subject us to the cricket all day, every day. No TV holiday kids programs for us would have been great, mind your slush name.
Speaker 1: Number one night show in New Zealand call.
Speaker 2: News Talk would be nine Differens Marcus, welcome, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Good evening. The most bored I've ever been, because I've always been a pretty active person who always find something to do. But I went to fly from Brisbane back to New Zealand and an announcement came over that that would only be a couple of hours and then we could board the plane and get out. Now. Two hours went past, three hours went past, four hours went past. There was another another announcement saying, oh, we shouldn't be too much longer. Six hours later we finally got on the plane. Well, the people in the airport were all asleep on the seat. I don't think half of them heard the announcement because we didn't know what the hell was going on. So I was going to get on the plane and come home. So that that's the worst I've ever been made.
Speaker 2: What what what could you do to occupy yourself? Were you through customs at the air side of the airport.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're gone through customs and.
Speaker 2: We're all quite I quite like wandering around the airport's that side for hours. I quite enjoy that going look at the giant tobal ron, at the Judy Free Shot. Wandering you're always quite like that.
Speaker 12: But yeah, well, a duty free shop was closed.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 12: That age and there was there was there was I think there was a bar there. I think I went and had a bear, I mean, came back out and I bought. I bought. There was a little shop there, and I bought a couple of magazines and read them. But six hours lot, I felt like bloody six hours of bloody hell.
Speaker 2: You should have you should have hooked into duty free vodka.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well I don't know about it. No, I know the main duty free shot was closed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I should have gone.
Speaker 12: If Biden rh what was going on, I would have gone and got a bottle of bourbon.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 12: That's it. I could have had a few bourbons in there.
Speaker 2: That about the six hours disappeared. A couple of mentions of bourbon. The last couple of nights seems to be the drink of choice. Get in touch, the most bored. You've ever been? So bored, Marcus, I was so bored. A lot of it seems to happen at m i Q. Yeah, that was boring for people wandering around that, you know that walking laps outside in the fenced off area.
Speaker 16: Godness, twelve hours turning envelopes the right way around at the post office is one way.
Speaker 2: I just told missus stories. Why twelve hours.
Speaker 16: Though, twelve hour shift?
Speaker 2: Didn't you ever, Udium, Yeah, we did.
Speaker 16: But we like the union because they've got us all night shift rates and double time and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Asleep on the secks, wouldn't you.
Speaker 16: Well, sometimes you could actually get away with doing that, but it was a pretty excruciating shift, just sitting on the face up table, tough, tough. While we were turning in the envelopes over they had to go and through the franking machine the right way around, so back in those days. You know, if you really got super board and you didn't want to do it, you found it. You know, had those motel keys. You used to have the return address on them and you could they'd send them back to the motor used to get one of those and put it in the letters and when it went through the machine, it would stop. They had to get a little guy from down in the bowels of the central post Office to come because no one else could.
Speaker 15: So that was a break.
Speaker 16: But yeah, it was a pretty tough night.
Speaker 2: Do you think there was a sunset industry turning out hard? Exactly? Yeah, you wouldn't have thought so. So you think there was. They took the post very seriously, didn't they. It was almost sort of like you're interfeed with the post. It was like treason exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did take it very seriously, and not that you did, but they would have. They would have themselves, the.
Speaker 16: Actual serious post office workers.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tony, thank you. Twenty seven away from ten o'clock. My name is Marcus.
Speaker 4: Welcome, good evening, Gareth good evening, Marcus, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 27: Gareth good good.
Speaker 18: Hey.
Speaker 4: First of all, I just wanted to say thank you so much for doing your show. I don't think many people say that. I think you've saved some boredom from me when I was the first time dad and walking up and down those corridors at night and thinking what am I going to do to try to give this baby asleep?
Speaker 9: Hang on?
Speaker 2: Hang on, Gareth? What corridors?
Speaker 4: Just my home corridors trying to my young one to sleep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, it's quite a hard thing to do to get the baby to sleep. You got the mother that's strung out. You're got to get the baby to sleep, and there's no rhyme or reason.
Speaker 4: Yep, and you're in the pitch black, and you know what. I was losing my santas at you back in the day, and then suddenly I found you.
Speaker 2: And then you're putting the baby down. It's like dropping a bowl, isn't it, Because you think it's going to be about just as though you drop it, it's going to wake up and you're gonna have to start the whole thing again. Oh you missed those days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, anyway, I've got to the first job I had was I was a kitchen hand and I used to stand there playing hundreds of potatoes and carrots, and by the end of it, I felt like I was a big potato. I felt like I was a big carrot. All I could see when I used to sleep is potatoes and carrots. And I don't know how kitchen hands do it nowadays. There must be machines or something.
Speaker 19: They must do it nowadays.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I used to get so bored.
Speaker 2: What a pretty big kitchen to be doing that many potatoes.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it was a battailing restaurant down in East Auckland and it was just well, you can imagine our potato and yoki there was all these different potato.
Speaker 2: I forgot about the nokie too, Gareth. Of course you'd be having a lot of potatoes on a noki.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I hated it anyway.
Speaker 4: Another one which I haven't heard yet is I used to be a checkout operator when I was a teenager, and that is honestly the most boring job I have ever been in. You're standing there, my numb thinking about these beats that are going in the back your head, and then suddenly, to make it worse, at Christmas time, they've got the Christmas music on loop and you, honestly you black out, and in some cases you have to try and find ways to onboard yourself, right, And so you'll be playing games with yourself and being like, Okay, how much money is this person gonna obviously like spend. You know, you'll be talking about how was your day, and most of the people coming through check out, they don't really want to talk to you, and so you're just standing there mind them, hearing these beeps, and well, six hour shift can sometimes last like a twenty hour shift in like.
Speaker 2: Way with the six hours, was there a break that? Or was that six hours straight?
Speaker 4: So I've been on.
Speaker 10: Shift where it's and there's a probably big no.
Speaker 4: No. I've been on shift where I've used to work twelve hours and I usually not get a break just because people call them sick. And you know, people've got to pay for their groceries, right, And and I used to get calls from managers saying, oh, I'm so sorry about that, I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 22: And I used to be like half the time, I just like that, I literally and.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised I charge people the right amount of money. So whenever you go like to like a checkout operator, I feel like now when I go call to them. I try and like spark a conversation that's a bit more interesting. So asking him how the day you know, what do you mean, how is the day they're on the checkout?
Speaker 3: They are?
Speaker 4: They're beeping along for six hours?
Speaker 3: Ask what they like?
Speaker 4: What are they studying?
Speaker 10: Or or ask like.
Speaker 4: Interesting stories you have, you know, stuff like that, because that those customers really like got me through those days.
Speaker 2: So it's excruciatingly boring.
Speaker 4: Excrucinating boring. It's honestly, it's most boring job I've every time in my life. And what's even worse is because it's so boring, I feel like because you're handling cash, I feel like I must have given somebody the wrong cash amount. I must have done something wrong during those shifts, and I must have been costing their business something right.
Speaker 2: So you probably are in favor of self checkout because it's freeing people from that boring work. I love it.
Speaker 4: I used to do as soon as they're as soon as they used to call them SCO self checkouts, And as soon as SCO came around, I was my hand by hand was up straight away, being like I would love to just stand there and help people. You know, like do the own groceries, laughing at people putting oranges as apples, you know, and being like, oh mate, what are you trying to do? You can't fool me.
Speaker 2: The SCO is a good thing.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I love SCO.
Speaker 3: It's honestly, it's.
Speaker 22: Like I think before, some people don't want to talk to like a chicken operator.
Speaker 4: And you can see like the SCO machines are becoming bigger and bigger, and there's no need for people like me to sit there and scan your groceries. I mean, like I can scam my groceries as fast well because I was a chick out operator, but I can scam my groceries just as fast as anybody else. And I mean, you want to be in and out right and time, you just don't want to talk to people.
Speaker 2: Nice to talk to. Three three away from ten, my name is Marcus. Welcome my good evening. Welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 27: Good program. Couldn't think why anyone would be bored, And then as the night went on, I thought my very first full time job was so boring. I had a government job. I was in the stationery and I had to fill in seven and a half hours with twenty five minutes work. Oh, and I'd come from after school jobs that were so you had to really look after them to Kevin after school job. And I got the government job because it was the best paying one when I had to pay board, so boring. I traveled overseas, came back back and gliding on was on TV, and that took me right back to my government job. Smoking out of the mouth, loose undone top button tie mister jersey.
Speaker 2: And changed mag Why did no One put two and two together and realize there wasn't enough work to keep someone there for seven hours doing that?
Speaker 27: This was a government department we had in the office we would have had it was an open plan. We would have had one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight divisions in this office, an the countant in the corner with glass around. And the old days of racing when people used to take the day off to go racing. They didn't take the day off to go racing. But that seen someone down to the ta be wants the money and listened to the races on the radio.
Speaker 15: It was hilarious.
Speaker 2: What did you spend your time doing to follow those seven hours?
Speaker 27: Oh, it was hard work. I've never walked so slow.
Speaker 6: In my life.
Speaker 2: I don't think was it in Wellington, No, I'm not telling you.
Speaker 27: What it was in the big city. But but then I went nursing and.
Speaker 24: That was.
Speaker 27: Again government paid, brilliant, equal pay, over time, brilliant, amazing. I got to travel. Then I came back and I didn't go back to nursing because it had all changed.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go back to it?
Speaker 27: But the government department, they don't seem to have changed.
Speaker 13: Well do I know so many people?
Speaker 2: I think probably they have just quietly eighteen to ten. Thank you. I spent a nine hour shift. Is a scene guard guarding a murder scene, as a couple years ago, stood in the run of my own all nine till I was a leaved at six am by a colleague. Yes, that would be boring. Oh wait one hundred and eighty Teddy and nineteen nine parlor Marcus. Welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 17: This is a quick contribution to talk about very niche bottom. It's very ecci. Hope some of the listeners will will experience the same. So the bottom that I'd like to talk about is it's the ange school pickup. You got to drive early because you don't get a parking and it's like literally hundreds of parents trying to pick up the kids. But it's only leg for example, a few parts. So you drive early and you're waiting. You're waiting until the school dowl ring, and it could be anything from fourteen minutes for zero to a whole hour.
Speaker 7: That mark us.
Speaker 17: That really is the most boring ever years. You don't get a park. You go early, and you gotta sit there.
Speaker 2: They must they must be alternatives. Can your children walk or can they get you? I mean that sounds like a terrible waste of time.
Speaker 14: Also, yeah, yes it is.
Speaker 17: It can't they like sometimes it can't walk a little bit too far? Yeah, then the buses don't run that route. You get a ton of parents waiting there, and then what do you do, Like and I'm like, okay, okay, to follow bottom. You ll just go get a pie. But you finish the pie in five minutes and there's thirty five minutes left.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy, So you've got to get there. Just find yourself a park, is that right?
Speaker 17: Yes, we get there about thirty minutes early to study two minutes to a whole hour to find a car park on the side of the school road. Then wait, wait for the school, beltering yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Is this an Auckland?
Speaker 10: Yes, unfortunately it's in Auckland?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 2: And how far away from the school are you?
Speaker 17: Thankfully?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 17: It's across the road if you're.
Speaker 2: Not, no, how far? How far away do you live from the school?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 17: From the school? Literally kill me?
Speaker 2: It is Oh okay, it's a long way, isn't it. It's a primary school, is it too?
Speaker 17: Yes? Correct? Correct, primary school?
Speaker 9: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: I think people can identify with that girl, Parla.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Terrible an efficient day with no transport and not people close to schools get in touch. My name is Marcus. Welcome Auckland. Traffic is the most boring. Fair enough. They're call oh school jeep is creepers. Some of those lessons at school men, they're excruciating.
Speaker 9: Jeeves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do feel I spent a lot of my life board anyway ten away from ten o'clock, Hettel, twelve oh, eight hundred and eighty. I was just reading avery interesting article about well, I thought it was interesting, so get this right, because I had no idea about this. In Germany, American raccoons are out of control. So the Nazis right, bought the animals across from North America in the thirties for fur farming, but they escaped and they've taken over. How they are out of control. So there are American raccoons in France, Denmark, Poland, Italy, Austria and elsewhere spreading rapidly across Western Europe. Had no idea. And they can climb, and they're a bit like states through a thrill killer, and they predate on ground nesting birds they reckon. They're now part of the ecosystem for good. They've got cute little faces, haven't there There racoons are almost because they're not like they're wearing masks like the beagle boys. I don't think game hunters want to hunt them either. There's one butcher making sausages and meat balls from their meat might be good for salami.
Speaker 12: There we go.
Speaker 2: That's raccoons, American raccoons who knew, not me. Marcus had a horrible time at em I cur and auckland away and then it wasn't good. So any shows I tried to watch constantly buffered borders. While I travel on the truck with the husband, he goes to a site I'm not allowed for health and safety rules, so he drops me on the side of the road for two hours. Why unloads and reloads longest time? There's like a love story borders. When I travel the truck with my husband, he goes to a site I'm not alloweding for health and safety reasons, so he drops me on the side of the road for the two hours while I unloads and reloads. Longest time ever, Marcus Towards In the Last century, men five mates decided to go and check out the brand new Imax cinema on Queen Street, promoted to be the largest screen in New Zealand at the time. Six of us had forty five dollars ahead for a forty five minute brainded movie that I would consider is equal to the Blob movie and the Data Triplets the Blear Witch Project. I refuse to watch again to this day, Marcus. In the fifties and sixties, government departments were used to provide employment for people, and jobs often credit. For this purpose, there were messengers taking around the mail and tea ladies who came around with trolleys and record people who would find the large paper files for you, and young women would take dictations shorthand and type letterges in carbon paper to produce the copies for putting in files. Later on there were photocopy ladies who did all the photocopy. You followed a form of specifying how many photos copies you needed. The photocopies you got went collated, so to organize a gender for me to get to put a pile of pages of page one, a pile of page two. It set on a table and run around picking up a page at a time, then staple each set. Ooh a lot about MiQ Marcus. A few years ago as an accident, had a head injury with bad concussion that meant no worse. I can not be able to read, watch TV, look at a screen as all caused migraines. I also couldn't stand up for more than fifty minutes without getting dizzy. It was so boring lying in bed for so long. My most boring moment was sitting on the museum and played for forty three minutes waiting to take off while they offloaded the luggage because they discovered there was one bag too many. Nowhere to go. All the passengers just sat around, looking around and saying nothing. When I was ten my parents took me to a Michael Houston classical piano concert. I started sobbing halfway through because I was so bored. My father took me out to the car and locked me in. I went to sleep. Gilly, I feel for you sitting through a very long university graduation near the Beefer. I'll tell you what. The radio awards was a long listen flip that was they had all the podcast Gee that went for three hours. No want to sound ungrateful, but boy, that was a long event. Leamington's were ready for a night on Leamington's. There is a place subdustry this article. There's a place that's looking at the best Leamington in the country. Oh yeah, but what's that about.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Not a kind of food, hype of self promotion, I feel. I don't think of Leamington's particularly as long as it's fresh.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. If I'm a Leamington person actually might change my view about that. We are talking about the most baards you've ever been By the way they reckon, they fire at New World's accidental. What do they tell us all the food's going to be throwing out? Have to be hidden as well to stop the dump dumpster divers was always a terrible looking building. Can we say that now? What a cheap, nasty built supermarket.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 2: One of those real kind of had that real nineties leaky building, look about it, ghastly building and then looks by the way it burned. It looked like it was a nasty building as well. Terrible building, cynical kind of a building that one. So yeah, horrible kind of thing. So no surprise that that burnt down like it did. I don't know what the cladding was, but not nice stuff anyway, Louise, it's Marcus welcome. Oh hi Marco, Hi, Louise, are you good? Good, good, good good?
Speaker 15: I must say it is so lovely to hear the dolts at tones of young Tony.
Speaker 2: Year, isn't it?
Speaker 26: Yes?
Speaker 2: Because if Tony retired, right, yeah, and now he's back I know, yeah, did.
Speaker 12: You get that?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I knew, but I was gutted.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we missed Tony terribly, but he comes back often like he's never left because we've had replacements that haven't lasted. Yeah, exactly, exactly what's that about?
Speaker 15: No one, no one can match his standards.
Speaker 22: Probably.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think everyone's replacement with Tony is very, very good. But it's lovely that he's made himself, you know, they availed himself to come back.
Speaker 15: Yes, all that's good. I'm happy about that. Well, the most board I think apart from a job I had where I was a renewals clerk an insurance company and a long story about how I doesn't that deeper job?
Speaker 25: What?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 2: What the hell's a renewals clerk?
Speaker 15: Well, and an insurance company in the seventies, they were seen pieces of paper which were reminding you to renew your policy. Yeah, okay, and this woman, missus Dimmington.
Speaker 2: Are you missus Dinnington?
Speaker 3: No, No, I was.
Speaker 15: Wor her and she prehd these pieces of paper like they were her children that she never had. And I just and of course, back in those days smoking and officers, it was just. I mean I had an actually job one days and that was better. That was less boring.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the most boring ever been was the insurance What else were we going to say about boredom?
Speaker 15: An e.
Speaker 2: Oh, but isn't I a great drama? Because you think, God, what's wrong with them? Or what's she done to her? Or don't you always try and put things together in A and E. I've always quite enjoyed it.
Speaker 15: Yes, I do. But there's a limit. I think i've if I ended up. How many hours I've been in the A and of my life with even myself or for the kids, probably be years. I'm yes, in about two or three years. Well you know, oh yeah, thirty two hours is the longest of it.
Speaker 2: It's a long time.
Speaker 15: A what was it?
Speaker 2: What was it was a broken limb?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 15: No, I think it was a really bad infection at that time. Yeah, oh yeah, we'll party. Hospital's got a good rip.
Speaker 2: Well, we've had, we've had, we've we've had long stints and A and E. I think I think we don't. I've said I don't think it's broken, you know, twelve hours later, broken arm. So yeah, so it's a long wait. But actually feel stupid because you think, oh, I don't think it's broken.
Speaker 15: But anyway, yes, I know it can be hard to tell actually sometimes, but yeah, it's just I say, there's such a thing as hospital time. It's like four times slower normal.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Although I think they did pretty well. They seem to get to everyone, and they seem to have the right tyranny of order, don't they. They seem to take people the right order. I've always thought, yeah, yeah they do.
Speaker 15: They do, and that's not their fault either at all. I mean I have to go regularly for an iron jection. Yeah, maximal degeneration, and.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what doesn't I think what doesn't help A and E is the drunks as people from road crashes and stuff that are intoxicated because they put everyone on each and and that's never a good luck.
Speaker 15: No, it's yeah, I just feel sorry for the start Oh, absolutely regular basis screaming children. I can't stand hearing a child in pain or a baby.
Speaker 2: And wouldn't be the wouldn't be anyone that would like that, would there?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 15: No, some people like it less more than I do, but no, I hate it all anyway. Yeah, so I'm not awesome bored Actually no, not.
Speaker 2: As adults, we're not. Well, you've got a lot of things on Netflix. You know you can switch channels these days, can't you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't have networks.
Speaker 2: I've got even better. That's the answer. Nice to talk, Luise, Thank you. Seventeen past ten. You know the drill boredom, boredom bored and boredom, boredom, boredom, boredom. I think the guy that was stuck in Mount even Raman, that seems to be the most Marcus. We are at Bowentown Camp and they are close to full capacity this week, chairs to Scottie Marcus. When I was a young new cop, I've asked to fill in for the DPS who were short staffed. One night, I was excited about carrying a glock on my hip for a whole shift, but they stationed me outside then pmbil English's hotel door for ten graveyard shift hours. Didn't see a soul, just looked at the wall. Longest ten hours of my life. That'd be hard. I couldn't do it. And Billinger, you wouldn't need dps, would he? Ohd dipton. Bill Marcus got dragged along to the Wearable Art show a few years ago, almost went mad with boredom. Never again, bears. I'll tell you some of the most boring things are school prize givings. They're terrible, terrible, that'd be my take. Really boring awards, ceremonies and prize givings, and some business meetings. Fortunately I have review meetings. These days. I like those people that have meetings when you've got to stand on one leg to keep them short. Marcus had a job sorting rubbish at the recycling plant. Once I looked at the clock, then went back to work for a long time, or so, I thought I'd talked another look at clock, not one minuted past. You have had a lot of experiences like that and medea thing, ooh, oh, it must be half a day. You look back and literally not a minute has gone. Marcus's school performance is boring, especially when charge any on stage for two of the one twenty minutes. That's why I'm surprised. I went along to that school production thing. When they danced to music and stuff, I thought was very good. I thought it was gonna be born out of my mind, very good. I thought, anyway, get in touch you on the talk people. Twenty five past ten. I'm just texting what a stage quest or something? I thought it was fantastic show quest. Fantastic booked me in for every year, Marcus, the most bart I've ever been. When I was a kid, I was taken to a watch a five day cricket test. It was the most boring Tedis game ever. Invented, and for God's sake, after five days and even end in the drawers should be banned. Yes, it's funny how time can go quickly and go extremely slowly. You talk about boredom, You would be the most boring talkback host on Yeah, well I don't think I would be. But who would be the least boring? If I'm the most boring, who would be the least boring? What's the triangle of boredom? The last time this Presus text in nineteenth June twenty twenty five. The last time they've texted was seven years ago, and the text was for God's sake, why do you let that man go on for so long? He's such a know it all? And know it all has spent spelled no it t A L L. Well, we're just try and do our best in this troubled world. All we try and do is make your evening interesting. We don't come and deliberately think, Okay, how can we make our night as boring as possible? I can promise you that. I mean, someday we crave the boring job. Actually, some days we'd rather be out peeling potatoes. Get in touch on the talk anyway, line's free. Let's be hearing for your twenty eight twent eleven What did it like about a long weekend? Is Thursday feels like Friday. I'm sorry, I apologize for calling it Friday, but I've got myself completely confused because normally when you have a long weekend, it's a Monday, not the Friday. I'm quite sure how much a leak he works with that, but thank you. I spart telling what prison sounds particularly boring, doesn't it?
Speaker 25: Good?
Speaker 2: Evening, Grant, It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 19: Well, hi Marcus, what do you think about the new Poe tablets?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm being set up for a joke, am I No, No, I saw an.
Speaker 19: Article on them the other the other the other day. It's spelt t I and then tablets and it's by email mask taking on Apples. You buy the tablet and I think it's about two hundred and fifty dollars uif and you get free access to starting to the Internet forever, forever anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: So it's.
Speaker 19: Bigger than an iPad, same size as an iPad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but looks kind of it's got some depth, so it hasn't it looks like it's about an inch deep.
Speaker 19: I think that could be the pet the case that comes and I'm not too sure. Pretty amazing eye.
Speaker 2: So it just communicates with the satellites in the sky, so you've always you don't need any insect or anything like that. It's always there. Yes, it almost seems like I would probably work as a phone as well.
Speaker 19: I'm not sure. I was sort of a bit distracted at the time, but yeah, I mean, you could be sailing across the Pacific, in the middle of the Pacific between here and Chile, where there's a dead spot for most things, and you can still communicate for help if you're on a yacht or something like that.
Speaker 2: He's kept it pretty quiet to.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I don't know if they've been released yet, but they've certainly been developed.
Speaker 2: And would there be an ongoing and counter to use it. No, you said they wanted to do well, that's.
Speaker 19: What they said, but I mean it could be I can't imagine that being forever. That's what they've If you buy the unit, then there's no fee, and we.
Speaker 2: Mean that because this completely pass me by. Where did you say you heard that?
Speaker 19: It was an article on an Edward from uh.
Speaker 15: Useless.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds fastinating Grant. Thanks for the heads up the pie tablet, p I tablet Google. It looks like a great but a kid. Jenny Marcus, Welcome, Hi Jenny, Hello, Hell.
Speaker 6: Are you mad?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Jenny.
Speaker 26: I had a boring Tom a few years ago. I actually had his operation and I reflected it after just about two weeks, and I ended up in the hospital for fifty four days. Oh, and was a league brace on from my from my going right down to the ankle, and I couldn't do anything, couldn't couldn't go anywhere. And that really had There was one one day and the next day I had no TV. Really really really boring. I can tell you. I had the lead both on. It was supposed to be on for six weeks. It was on for fifteen weeks.
Speaker 2: An award, an award, yet had down here and two oh yeah, what were the others like in the room?
Speaker 28: They are all right?
Speaker 18: And they were all right.
Speaker 26: I had quite a few came and went and came, and then they were going to send me out to peace Haven for the go Heaven Bitterer's Fight. And of course it was the days of COVID and they said, the last thing we've got to do is do a cover and test. So they did a COVID test and the nurse came back and she shut the room. I was in the door. As soon as she did that, I knew what was wrong. I had COVID. I had no symptoms, so I had to stay. The biggest excitement was the actually put me in a room all on my own with a TV set, because I never had a TV set the whole time above the.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey, how are you announce?
Speaker 12: How you now?
Speaker 2: Jenny?
Speaker 25: You're good?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 26: No, I'm good. I couldn't drive my calf well, I could get the foot on accelerated, but I couldn't get on the brake. But now I've taught myself how to do how to use the break with the with the right leg again. Yeah, the mustle above the knee is actually stuffed. It's it's just doesn't drink some properly at all. But I out how to drive anything else. So no, I'm good as gold.
Speaker 2: Did you slip on ice?
Speaker 19: No? No.
Speaker 26: I was getting back into bed after I had been to the toilet, and they said to me, when you're riding across the bed, when you think use your use your hands and use your good leg with a perfect bag under your behind, and take your skin on the bed. And just as I laid down, I got a pain from my hip then and the growing and this is what you have when you have a crock up. And I turned around and I rung my daughter, this is on a Sunday morning at a bit a quarter to one, and she said to be ringing, hang up mum and ring que. And I got the felephinous guy on the phone at Que and he said to me, hang up and we'll get a ring and give an in both straight away. And so the day before i'd put everything away and unpacked the fruit causs and put all the drugs and everybody else away, and I had to give it all back out again. But just as the two ladies off there went to right and they went to put me on the wheelchair, and just as I sat down on the wheelchair, my hip let go and it was an almighty crack I don't think I've ever heard, and always like it or what ever since. So I got taken to queue and it was on the Sunday morning, Monday Sunday. They said to me I would do an X ray and nothing. They said, it looks as good as gold. But they turned around on the Monday, they took me down for a scan and my daughter was up waiting vividly, and the doctor came back into the room and he said she's tracted and dislocated her hip. So the hip drink was about three inches away from where it should have been, and it was all but the bone broken off. So the first operation took two airs. But when I had the second operation, when they went to fix it up, I was in seat of six airs.
Speaker 2: So how had you first done your hap? Was this the second time? And that was the first time?
Speaker 26: The first time, I just went in and had a hip replacement and I came home. I came home on the first of eightful the aful.
Speaker 2: What they replace your hipto? Had you want it out?
Speaker 26: Yeah? Oh yes, I was a nursery worker and i'd actually I didn't either. It was foulty as well, but it made the hap worth four year. Just was really lying with us either way it was it was at the time.
Speaker 2: Did you say, did you say you're a nurse?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 26: I was a nursery worker plants for twelve years and my name was stuffed. But I've had two days now and I and I've got a hip. But they're looking at a mother happened. I just said my wallees alone. There's now Fandel. I've got boned density problems, so they don't really want to touch it if they can get.
Speaker 7: Away with it.
Speaker 2: Oh careful you're driving, Jenny. But nice to hear from you. Thank you. Look got to you, Diesel before we get to the news, Diesel. It's Marcus.
Speaker 9: Good evening, Yeah you Marcus.
Speaker 22: So I just want to comment on the care bells on a caneb and I think it's correct that the Cabory Rugby Union saying that the guys from that are supporting the Chiefs cannot use their care bells. And I'm telling you, if I did have a care bell and I was going to the game, I would certainly use it.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good on you. You're the sort of til you're the sort of contembriar. We embrace fear. That's your fear.
Speaker 22: Well, not actually a rugby man. I'm a league boy, but you know, like, I just think it's absolutely tell them, well, if I was over a Whykadow supporter or Chief supporter, I'd be bring me beld In and I'll be.
Speaker 2: Bloody use it good to see that Canterbury is still producing good league players.
Speaker 22: Oh yeah, but it's not as not as strong as what it used to be years ago.
Speaker 2: But he you know it'll come back, don't worry, it'll come back.
Speaker 22: Well, we've got the Warriors to to well. Once we get air team out of the out of christ Ut, it'll be brilliant.
Speaker 2: I don't think you'll get one.
Speaker 22: Well, we probably won't, but I've got my fingers crossed and I think Lowly and Frank Andy Cootna, you know, going to go quite well. I'm thinking really sort of pushing to get a team out well way out of the South Island. It's not just out of christ just but it's going to come the whole of the South Islands. So I think it'll be bloody brilliant if they get a team.
Speaker 2: Anyway, shame you having on a cow bell to go along with. I'd like you to be there with one of those.
Speaker 22: Yeah, oh yeah, that's great. And I also another think that guy that reckon you're boring, I think he's he's a piece of work. I quite enjoy listen to you when I'm driving home at night.
Speaker 2: And yes it was a guy. It could be a woman. Marcus on the subject of weeding to do species in Germany. There's also a significant population of fair or rears in northeastern Germany. Escape from a zoo, no doubt. Oh gosh, I've got liquid in the charge port of my phone. Story of my life. I can't see it. I just store it vertically. He has got enough charge to get me through the night. Hey, anything else you want to talk about? Fore r free be a part of it. Raccoons in Germany. That was something I wasn't expecting to learn about tonight. And by the way, Mikey bebbon along from twelve o'clock, so he'll be along after me tonight. There'll be advertisements for Mateliki wond there. It's like the insict day Is it down?
Speaker 28: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Correct? On Monday they'll be commercials. I did watch that show on Netflix today about that treasure hunt, which I'd already read about. It was quite interesting. This guy is old and he thinks he's going to die. He's done quite well in life, and he fills a chest with gold and sovereigns and stuff and buries it and he writes a biography, and that biography is a poem which is about eight stanzas, which is the clue for where the treasure lies. Wow, boy, oh boy, did that become a big deal. He's doing COVID and the likes three people died looking for the treasure. They reckon three hundred thousand people are in the bush looking for it. And what was interesting about the show, and it was a quite a flawed TV show, but it was interesting to watch, is that they followed a lot a lot of people became obsessed, obviously with it, but they also experienced something which I presume is confirmation biased. But they thought that they had cracked the code, and everywhere they looked confirmed what they thought they were looking for, and they had no doubt that they were on the chest, when in fact they're miles away. And when in fact the chest finally got found after ten years, people were furious and hastled the guy, and I think then he died and hassled his family because people didn't want the search to stop, and then they didn't believe it had been found. And oh, it's quite interesting story. But one of the guys that was looking for the treasure who was a software was who spent a lot of time looking for it with his brother who died. He actually found the spot where the treasure was found after the chest was removed, so he was pretty well onto it. And it shows him they're going to the exact spot and realigning two photos the photo that was taken of the chest and himself, and it shows that he had found the spot where the treasure was. However, then he went to auction and bought the chest at auction and filled that with gold and now he's hidden that. So there's another treasure hunt on with a prize between one and five million American wordth of treasure. That's weird, isn't it. So yeah, all these people obsessed with treasure hunts. The clues weren't that good either. It wasn't like cryptic clues or it was just yeah, it wasn't like you had to there was a code you had to crack. It was just anyways, But it's worth watching. It took me a couple of hours to watch, and watching Netflix for a while. I thought the book and the younger boy what he came over to school watched, you know, he quite enjoyed it. Marcus. Great night at the Ambly Domain Rugby Glenmark playing Ambley second grade. Gosh the second grade now final score twenty six nineteen Glenmark yay. At least two hundred watching. Admittedly amazing day and night here, but the club is looking to play remained on Friday night. Everyone supporting is giving back the weekend to all and the heartland. North Candry Rugby still has passionate support and following. Crusaders tomorrow, cheers Tim. I don't think Crusaders is tomorrow. I think that's on Saturday, right, I'm pretty sure that's right, Marcus. More than twenty years on, Mum still moans about us going to see Dogville. I thought it might be good having Nicole Kidman and Lauren, butcall oh, how wrong could you be? Michelle?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 2: I one hundred and eighty to eighty? Jennifer Marcus welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 15: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Jennifer?
Speaker 25: Thank you, congratulations on your award.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jennifer.
Speaker 25: I wanted to talk about trains with you.
Speaker 18: That's all right?
Speaker 25: Sure, I think trained a marvelous Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are there any than Are there any better than buses?
Speaker 25: Yes, they're much better than buses. Because they can cover a huge distance and take a lot of people a long way, and if they've got a good rails to stem they can they can go very fast.
Speaker 2: Not in New Zealand though, with our narrow gauge.
Speaker 25: No, but we could make our gauge wider. We've got the tracks already. It cost of fortune, that's all right, but it'll be worth it in the long run. This is the trouble with this country. They can't see into the future. That takes them years.
Speaker 2: They did see the future, we had a very vast rail network, but the motor car came along and they lifted most of it up.
Speaker 25: Well, that's how dumb they are.
Speaker 12: You Well, of.
Speaker 2: Course, when the when Julius Vogel thought of the rail scheme for New Zealand, I don't think the motor car was even envisaged.
Speaker 25: Well, the Indians have had a rail system for years. The British put it in before the railway, I think before the motor car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's suffering and I think most people fly nowt in there. I think that's done very well.
Speaker 25: I'm not talking about I mean within India.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, No, I think with an India many more people are flying now because of course when you're flying, you've got no maintenance of the tracks.
Speaker 25: Yes, but I mean they go to work on the train.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes they do.
Speaker 25: And there's just hundreds and thousands of people on a train in India, are even sitting on the.
Speaker 19: Top of them.
Speaker 2: I think trains work very well for incredibly densely populated countries, but not in New Zealand.
Speaker 27: Yeah, well you see it.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 25: Even in other countries in Australia, you know again, and we traveled in India. We traveled from about I think it was to Mumbai, and we've traveled a distance like from Auckland to in the cargo overnight and we slept the whole way in a cabin.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I I know a lot of people talking about bringing that train, the train back from christ Chicks to in the cargo.
Speaker 12: But.
Speaker 25: I have to make sure that they have it. I mean, you've got to have things like showers on us and make it comfortable.
Speaker 2: There's no way in the world, Jennifer, there's no way in the world that's coming back. People can fly for forty nine dollars. Look, I spend four hundred dollars on a train.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but then you've got to get to the airport, and you've got to get back again, and you've got to pack your can't I mean you can? Okay, take your look here in Auckland. To get from the north Shore to the airport, it's one how of a handle. I mean if you could just get on on one train and it went the whole I mean, more people would go to the airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I don't think. Yeah, I don't think trains are going to take off anytime soon.
Speaker 25: No, because we haven't got them. Yeah, but every time it's a slip on the road, the traffic's held up and it's just chaos out there, whereas if people got I mean most of the cats have only got one person in them.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 25: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: An absence of forward planning. It seems to be for a lot of urban transport, I think. But yeah, well, I like your sentiment. I just don't think people are going to win that battle. I don't thin we're going to be bringing trains.
Speaker 25: Because they're all traveling around in their own little bubble, clogging up the roads.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Jennifer Brendan. It's Marcus welcome yourself Brandan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I'm looking good for the Warriors this weekend. It's just a bit that Ivan Cleary, like he said about how he's got his players out.
Speaker 18: And that.
Speaker 2: You know they've got to travel. I mean he's not going to bring us players obviously because that was in Perth. Remember that's even further away.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 11: But the fact that he's complaining about it now that he's down in the position that he is, whereas played last year the first four years, ye never spoken about it before.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's almost think Ivan Cleary speaks quite feely. I mean he'd be concerned because his son's kicking's not good.
Speaker 11: Yeah well, yeah, yeah, I might agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who tell me who from the Penrith was in State of Origin. There's Brian Tottle, there was Nathan Cleary, there was as Ieo, there was Lee mart Cleam Martin. Who else was there?
Speaker 14: I can't name?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, The problem is when you run run the top team like he has in the last five years. This is what happens. And then when he's in the position he is now for some reason, I'm not sure why he's he's now stressing I guess.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be I'm going to be careful because Pin with my other team. Okay, yeah, I love pinrth.
Speaker 11: I well, I love other and Cleary because of what he did with the Warriors. I mean I thought to worries are wrong letting them.
Speaker 2: Go yep, to be honest, Yeah, oh no, I think this. I think this could be a potential banana skin game for us. Tomorrow Night said we could lose this. We could. We think they're going to be the easy beats. I think they could step up. But oh well, that's fine, We're not going to win them all.
Speaker 11: Well, I hope the worry is just don't go to sleep thinking that.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do, yeah, unfortunately, but.
Speaker 2: Should they should be inspired by the Warrior and state of origin. He was unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Why he was Yeah, no, he was awesome. He wasn't He came for them.
Speaker 2: I think I should given them the man of the match almost well, actually the man of the match had been Brian Tottle, even though he's playing for the losing team. M yeah, yeah full full beck Delan Edwards as well, thanks for the text of course he is. Are you going to go to the match Brendan.
Speaker 11: Won't be because yeah, unfortunately I'm on call for work.
Speaker 2: So yeah really yeah, well that's exciting. Yeah yeah, okay, let you go, you go, Lizard's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 15: My love this one. I went to rama school and the most boring time of my life was when we went on retreat. You had to stay there all day is sitting there meditating?
Speaker 12: What day?
Speaker 2: What school was it?
Speaker 15: Maris College?
Speaker 2: Where is that? What's it called?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 15: The school called Mariatt So on a.
Speaker 2: Retreat, would you just go to school but not talk?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well they have hundreds of retreats. She can have three days, but their meditation to think about God.
Speaker 2: But this is when you're a child.
Speaker 15: Well, well I still have today.
Speaker 2: Don't be so tricky with you. From what are you talking about? When did you go to a retreat?
Speaker 15: Well, when I was a child, I went to them all of time, and maybe fifty we did them all of time, like in.
Speaker 2: The weekend or during school time.
Speaker 15: I'll do a school time okay, yeah, that was part of it all. Even today they I've got my family members, they still have their retreats. Education sits here and be quiet for the day between times.
Speaker 2: It's probably quite beneficial, is it?
Speaker 15: Well, it turns to some respects that when my children went, they used to stay the week and then they'd have lectures and lunches and teams and oh they ran all over the show. But I think they've cut it down a lot too, a lot more simple. But when I remember mine, I did them in the primary and I can remember primary just sitting on a bench for the whole day. They brought out of a cell.
Speaker 2: Where would the retreat actually be?
Speaker 15: Well if its retreats all over walks from now the monasteries and most of them tested school to every preach and their tools. They used to see them all when my children went to the one in Hillsborough.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think I think I've been to retreat. I think I've been to retreat there. I think it was quite Oh yeah that was quite good. Oh yeah, the good are they?
Speaker 8: Are?
Speaker 2: They friend Tiskins or something.
Speaker 8: Different?
Speaker 9: Ye?
Speaker 2: Good night, good night?
Speaker 15: And I had writ me here and I couldn't fund my Dad'll.
Speaker 2: Be terrible for child. Oh yeah, it wasn't the torture.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 15: I still remember the worst part. And it was of rather at the school. It was brilliant school. It was born in school and everything. I enjoyed it, but that when I got to college it wasn't there. That was my worst.
Speaker 2: Have you still heelers?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 15: I'm older now, but I still haven't gone gray or anything.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what happened to red head so that still stays ready.
Speaker 15: Of the shoot show.
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 15: Well, I think it's funny they got gray here and I haven't.
Speaker 2: It's still read.
Speaker 15: Yes, what a gift. He loves the color. But you antem you don't really go gray.
Speaker 2: So what would you call the color now?
Speaker 15: Still gold?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've never thought about what happens to redheads when they get old.
Speaker 15: Well, they love to color.
Speaker 2: I think just Fadeah, yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 27: I don't think it goes gray.
Speaker 15: I haven't got.
Speaker 2: Did they call you nicknames as a child, Oh, god, yous, let's have the good ones.
Speaker 15: Ah's terrible?
Speaker 2: What was it called?
Speaker 15: Oh my father is called me blue?
Speaker 2: Yep, standard they're not it's cool.
Speaker 15: He freckle, so a freckle fos. What's the other name they go to? Red hedge? Oh? You know, almost names you to halt when you're a child.
Speaker 2: Terrible. It seems that people still find it funny, but it's it's quite out of everything, out of everything we've done, people still find it sphere game. I think probably J. K. Rowling was bad with it with the Weasleys, because very cool, very cruel.
Speaker 15: You get the rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're quite quick to anger. The people say that about you, Na, that's the that's the stereotype though, wasn't it.
Speaker 15: Well, I've got a whole family of red headge.
Speaker 2: Are they quick to anger?
Speaker 15: Nay, that's a gorgeous lovely that my song was read, heated. It was absolute delight. Now that just fixed it. I've talked read If I haven't read here in my transsles with music, i'd say, yay, we've got an interesting child. They're always happy. Really, so you love me? Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Suppose you're going to put on a brave face. Okay, good on you, Liz, thank you, Good evening. Janet's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 4: Hi, jan I'm sorry you were talking.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's Marcus.
Speaker 25: Oh sorry, I'm not gonna happen to have read here.
Speaker 12: Yep, it's gone.
Speaker 2: It's got white did fade?
Speaker 21: Yeah, he said, he his character.
Speaker 15: I listen.
Speaker 25: He doesn't want to, but I'll let him talk to you.
Speaker 2: Hold on, no, don't. I don't want to talk to someone reluctantly.
Speaker 28: Yeah, anywhere, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like to talk to someone reluctantly.
Speaker 28: Yeah yeah, work here, Yeah I hear, I hear. I was gingeringly gorm jarret top and and all different stories.
Speaker 2: But it's funny that call you. It's funny they call you a carrot top because the top of a carrot's green, isn't it. That's with the leaves.
Speaker 28: I know, I know they must have thought of the thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll tell her that some one of six boys. First four boys had dark here, and the last three of us had read here wow. And we had the mummy. I had my mama and for years of the outer because I'd help her with the dishes, because the others weren't very keen at helping with dishes. It was that's not your pride to be doing diitious. So she went away and went to a bedroom and pulled some lockets out of her her drawer. And when she was young, she was really red head like mine, but her hair and about the time they got a marriage started going dark and she finished up with a here goodness.
Speaker 2: Now, where was this shoe? Where was this shoe growing.
Speaker 28: Up out in yep Oh in South Island?
Speaker 19: Yep.
Speaker 2: Where'd you say you were to Muca?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 28: I lived in Ta.
Speaker 17: Do you know to Muka?
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 28: You ain't got any friends any folk there? Your families? Yeah, my year is white and now I made one. Now my year is white.
Speaker 2: You've been to Mka your whole life?
Speaker 28: Yeah, Well we're in. We got married in nineteen sixty eight eight and we lived in lind Timari. I worked for farmers all around New Zealand, and I had two governments study grants and when I finished work completely federately farmers and Gantbis shouters for Europe in Edinburgh, tattoo.
Speaker 2: Wow was generous.
Speaker 28: Yeah, there were wonderful people to work with everything we'd done and checked it out with them. I'd say to them, they are price the the big irrigation, drainage and farm buildings and stuff. And there wasn't the one building or or plant that the farmers did on their property that failed. Every didn't work, so I thought, well I must have done.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: What company was it, did you say, Jean, the farmers or what country company was it?
Speaker 28: They were started with the Department of agriculture. Then it finished and we started in the National Orgagewitch was at.
Speaker 17: A stock firm.
Speaker 28: Then I went to the Department of Agriculture. It was quite finally called a sure quality that had five names and so forth, And I worked from Gore to Hastings and so forth, and done a lot of big.
Speaker 25: Big jobs around the country.
Speaker 28: But it all but it all worked, so it's pretty good. So yep, now I'm either people can't call me ginger or really after it's changed color.
Speaker 2: So did you have that not name when you were working?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 28: As only at school, I was a screaser because I was I was pretty good scrapper, and I'd say to people, if you keep teasing me, I'll beat up. And I'm only a week four and I never got knocked down. But my brother, Oh brother came home one night and he said to Mom, you have to be give work, telling them as they keep teasing, he will do them up. And he usually does clean all up. But one of these days we're afraid they might kill him.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, what school we at? What school we are?
Speaker 28: TOMCA School brilliant and Timmary Technical College for the engineering side of it.
Speaker 2: Well done you life will live nice to talk to you, Jen's husband. Evening, Bob, it's Marcus. Welcome by Marcus.
Speaker 9: Jaith cabells from listening to a guy raffle the hell of them while this lady in front. Every time they raffled, she was just rune. So Alasta was standing next to him. I don't like them either, but she a guy banging away and as loud as they are. The lady that was in front, she had the white card of colors on and every time it went you could see his shoulders go up for her ears. And this guy was leaveless until half time and a couple of people went up and made you might not do that in front of this lady. He went, he went up the steps and started doing it up the steps there, and people were burning him off. So, yeah, if you're up beside the bloody things I reckon, it'll be bloody annoying.
Speaker 2: Do they wring them the whole edge?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, every now and then when it was the yeah, look a break in the play, he would crank it and on me he would really do a good ravel And you could see this lady solders just go up by her ears and she was closing her eyes, and it was obviously uncomptable.
Speaker 2: For her dist Hamilton, Bob. No, okay, nice to hear from your Thanks Bob, Andrew.
Speaker 9: Good evening, Good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 7: How are you this evening?
Speaker 2: Good thing you? Andrew?
Speaker 7: Hey, have you still got a little bit of a coughin from your from your illness? I recently was ill too and I've still got a little bit of that. Have you still got a tiny little bit lingering?
Speaker 2: H it's a bit of a lingerer. Yeah, it's I've been surprised how much it's hang around for actually seems quite brilly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, same, same, I just I just caught a little bit of it tonight.
Speaker 2: Are you in the South Island Andrew.
Speaker 7: No, I'm a North Islander and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, I think there's a few bugs going around this year that there could be quite a tough winter for people.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, I think you're right. So we've spoken to you a couple of times on the audio enthusias Sky and I think I've told you before I'm a ganger, haven't I'm a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might have alluded to it, but we get I sort of pictured you as one of those, anyway, did you? Yeah, high five system.
Speaker 11: And.
Speaker 19: No, mate, it what it was?
Speaker 9: It was red.
Speaker 7: It was super red and curly. When I was young, a face full of freckles. And then when I got to my sort of early you know, double figures of years, that started to go straight. And that was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I could never grow here along to have a mullet. All I got was a ginger frow. I just got this just here was that fuck? It was like an afro? Did you never got that big?
Speaker 2: But do you think of dying it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 19: I have, I did.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: When I became single, you know, I went to a blonde. But I'm quite funny because because my eyebrows are not really gingery.
Speaker 2: You know, did you go blond? Did you go blonde?
Speaker 7: Did I you mean when I colored it?
Speaker 2: When you went single? Did it go blonde?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, yeah, I gleitched it. Yeah yeah it was what well, my eyebrows, That's where I was what I was just saying, my eyebrows are really light. People think I am a blode, think I was a blonde, or I am a blonde completely gray. Now I'm fifty five, but I've already been gray. For quite a while. No really, somebody actually told me that Rehage go gray really late, but I probably went about when I started, when I was about fifty. And I'm completely sort of gray now, you know, but not completely, if you know what I mean. And I'm not being rude or anything.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Andrew just saying on now, come Bay, just get these last day the way I can relax.
Speaker 7: You're still here, Marcus, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think read. I don't think red heads growth. I think that's a bit of a fellow.
Speaker 2: They've got a low pain threshold on they react quicker.
Speaker 7: No, so I've just recently done a bit of reading about that. Thank you. You've just triggered something else here. They at least we can ever laugh about it.
Speaker 4: No, so.
Speaker 2: File the handle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I'm not going to Marcus. But apparently we have is it a high? We either have a lower or higher pain threshold. So I read something about that a nethetist can actually have a hard time with red heads, and you know, they're harder to as a patient for an anthetist. Year and saying with the dentist, I've heard a story about a dentist. They guy a couple of injections and that, oh, I can still feel it. So they gave him another one and that and I can still fit.
Speaker 9: Now, you know you've got to go.
Speaker 7: We think we think you're bullshitting us because we've given you, you know, enough to put an hour out. So I don't know. I don't know about that. My mum, my late mom sent me something once out of a paper that apparently redheads already have a gene in us that makes us get skin cancer. Is it like a malatonin or something or something about it? But I've had a few, but that's mainly skin cancers. But that's mainly from working outdoors for forty years as a chippy. So but apparently, yeah, there is things that we feel differently, Yes, pain and heat and cold. That's actually yeah, that was the other one read.
Speaker 9: I've read that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I don't know. I mean, I've been a ginger for fifty five years, Marcus, So how do I does mean you've.
Speaker 2: Got to have more layers of clothes or you don't feel the cold? What are you wearing now, Andrew?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm in bed, mate, So some boxer shorts, some boxer shorts and a little light top. But I think I feel the cold more so, you know.
Speaker 22: And even.
Speaker 7: A friend said, you really know how to layer. You know, if you've got too many layers, you can always for.
Speaker 2: Free to say you really know how to layer. That's quite moving that, Andrew. I'm going to go. But you're a super cooler for tonight, brilliant. You really know how to layer. We're coming along well as a nation of males. Thank you for that, Andrew. That's it. I'm away. Enjoy your matariki and I'll see you on Monday. People looking forward to it. See you then. Okay.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, listen live to news talks there'd be from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.