Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from News Talks. They'd be follow this and our Wide Ranger podcast now on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's Sir Richard Arnold.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Tim.
Speaker 2: So Ukraine attacks more taxs on civilian targets, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, man. Trump's social media post today Vladimir stop in all caps, may turn out to be one of the signal moments of his presidency. It came just hours after Trump rushed out at Ukrainian leader Zelensky for refusing to surrender to basically all of the demands made by Russia's Putin, Trump insisting a piece dealers close, and Russia launched this biggest attack in almost a year in defiance of all that rush of firing seventy missiles, one hundred and forty five drones, hitting five residential neighborhoods and killing twelve people and wounding at least ninety others. It was not a bloodbath, starting at one in the morning, sending civilians scrambling into whatever shelters they could find. Those are some of the blasts. Earlier this week. On Palm Sunday, Russia targeted worshipers, killing thirty people at that occasion. In a rare rebuke, Trump posted that he is not happy with these latest attacks. It is not necessary, says Trump, who then wrote on social media, vladimirs stopped five thousand soldiers a week, are dying. Let's get the peace still done. French President McCrone says Putin should stop lying when he claims to want peace. President Trump says he still thinks both sides want to seas fire. Then this morning, Trump added, at a meeting with Norway's leader, I.
Speaker 3: Have my own deadline, and we wanted to be fast, and the Prime Minister is helping us. So we have a deadline. And after that we have it, we're going to have a very much different.
Speaker 1: Attitude, whatever that means. Former NATO Chief General Wes Clark says, the word is that Trump wants to deal pretty soon, maybe before the end of this month. Doesn't look like it now, does it. Putin has made no concessions, even as the US already has conceded on territory and on denial of NATO membership. For you, it's President Lensky says that seeding crimet a Rushia is a non startup and against the Ukrainian constitution. General Clark is saying.
Speaker 4: I think we're at a real break point here in the next two days, maybe weeks on US commitment to Europe, and I think if we back away, we'll be looking at major conflicts in Europe.
Speaker 1: Well that's ahnomenous point of view, isn't it very different from what Trump said during his campaign. Of course, I will.
Speaker 3: Have it solved in twenty four hours with Zelensky and with Putin, and there's a very easy negotiation to take place.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Trump has said today that at first he saw all of this as being about money. Now he sees that thousands and thousands of troops and others are being killed.
Speaker 3: You know, I shouted out because I didn't like all the money that we were paying, and then I realized how many people were dying.
Speaker 1: Seriously, he's just coming to this, sir.
Speaker 2: I can't get my hand around it, hit around it, and the tariff swell, the merry go round continues. Where are we at with that?
Speaker 1: Boy? Yeah, you got to catch it while you can, don't you as blinking on all of this. When it comes to China, the White House saying the two leading economies are actively discussing the triple digit tariff that Trump imposed with China. Beijing says not happening. That is false. China says it will not negotiate under pressure. They've returned some Boeing jets. They've cut off some soybean supplies the sales. Meantime, the bosses of Walmart, Target and other US chains have been at the White House warning that some shells could be empty of imported products within weeks. Some tariff exceptions now are being considered. This after course, Trump also backed off his threat to sack the head of the FED the US Central Bank, J. Powell, after the S and P index on Wall Street went down by ten percent. And now Ken Griffin, who is a leading Trump backer and head of the Citadel hedge Fund Wall Street, says he is worried that financial reputation of America could be damaged long term. He says, you turnish that brand, it can be a lifetime to repair the damage that has been done. So that's the message being sent out by Wall Street now. Tim While home sales get these numbers, home sales here down to the lowest point since nine and forty two percent of young folks in this country say they are quote barely getting by blimey.
Speaker 2: Oh well, the good news this is it's keeping you busy, isn't it, Richard? So thanks for your time. Okay, as Richard Arnold, I mean, seriously, if the US correspondent, you have to be the busy, one of the busiest guys on the planet. Right now.
Speaker 1: For more from News Talks B listen live on air or online, and keep our shows with you wherever you go with our podcast on iHeartRadio.