Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from News Talk sed B. Follow this and our wide range of podcasts now on iHeartRadio and.
Speaker 2: Take another power helping get in. It's entering, it is out, the test is over, Good to smooth, O fous a beauty is out here.
Speaker 3: He goes This delivery has in the music.
Speaker 4: Devolved on the Front Foot with Brian Ronnell and Jeremy Coney powered by News Talks dead B at iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Another world title slipped from the black Cats grass, but notice gray in coming seconds on the Front Foot. This week goes back over the World T twenty with Masterstroke by Razine helping you master your decorating projects. A world first in our domestic game, the first player in the long history of all first class creers to take five writes in five bore and in fact six in eight. It's the total of seven to twelve better than just once. Something special. Had a chance to reflect on two significant achievements in the women's game, but it's back to the review of the World T twenty, beaten in the final by an Indian side who are now going to have to withstand social media because there's a lot of people getting at them about the quality of bats they're using, jasprick bloomber chucks, and just about everything is being thrown at them because of the poor losers. What Eric and Jerry, they deserve to win that game. New Zealand had a chance by winning a toss, but they just didn't bowl well enough to they.
Speaker 5: No, that's probably fair. It was pretty comprehensive win for India, wasn't it. The power play kind has summed it up. Ninety or something like that without loss for India and forty five for three or so for New Zealand.
Speaker 6: So half the runs and about a.
Speaker 5: Third of the wickets. So yeah, New Zealand bob poorly. Nothing kind of seemed to work, did it? Pace off, it was hit, Then they went short and that was hit. Then they went wide hole and that was either a wide or a hit. Nineteen fours and eighteen six's. I mean, you know in India also got that extra over with the wides, didn't they. So yeah, two fifty five just wags on you. You know, the way you got to play. I mean you can't even see off the power player after your two down and get say eight or nine and over up until the ninth or the tenths and so you've still got some of your batting resources to go for the last eleven overs in your innings. Yeah, I mean even if you go at eight or nine and over, that's if it's nine, it's eighty one, that still leaves you one hundred and seventy five to get. So you still in the next eleven overs needs sixteen runs and over, or if it's eight it then you need sixteen points seven runs. So it kind of rules that out and you just got to keep going and don't forget. If you've got eleven ods, two of those overs are going to be from boomer, aren't they. So you have to keep going. And simply their bowlers had more skill than ours.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they played the conditions.
Speaker 2: They had the crowd behind them, they had everything going their way, and of course they'd scored two hundred and fifty previously and defended that against England. So Peter Holland, who's back with this and been enjoying the World T twenty.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a performance that deserved them the title. And New Zealand really can come away with some credit, can't they.
Speaker 3: I think that's basically when the script didn't it was how it was supposed to be. It was how it was planned from the outset, as.
Speaker 6: We all do.
Speaker 8: If you're talking about the way the tournament was organized and the pictures and the grounds and that, are you okay, Well.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's been a little bit sort of our tongue in cheekish a bit, but it did rather go to script and what we didn't have. And I recall the last time there was a significant one day at that same round, there was a certain player who took the game away from India, Travis Head. We didn't have one of those this time. We had one last last week against South Africa and that was that was a phenomenal performance. But you need one of those really. But as you say, Jerry, when you're staring down the barrel at two fifty glass, you can't make a mistake, you know, and things have got to go your way. Yeah, the half hit that just dropped through the middle, that sort of stuff, I must say, when what ching it the ball against? When in India were batting, the ball just kept whizzing out of the park. It was just as you said eighteen six is it just kept going and no matter what you did, as you said, whenever they try it went. There's one particular shot that I saw Karter hit and back in the olden days when you were playing Jerry, he couldn't hit them. Apparently this is a low full toss. Well, Henry by one of those, and he just literally wizzed it out of the park dead flat, six runs, Thanks very much. I mean that that's sort of to me something up. I thought it's their.
Speaker 2: Day, yeah, and they played accordingly. They fitted into the style of play. They're specialists at that. Some of those players will never see the light of day in the Test match arena. Some have, but they've got it down to an art. Question being posed, is anybody going to beat them? Well, you know, it doesn't matter whether or not it's a tournament.
Speaker 5: Well South Africa did. Yeah, South Africa beat them and stuffed them. You know, so it is possible. Maybe maybe not on those kinds of surfaces where the ball does such a little. I mean, I've got to say that as far as their bowlings was concerned, I saw ash Deep and Pandia. Pandia went for twenty one off his first over, but the next three went for fourteen and so that was it. He came back pulled it back. But they both swing the ball, and they both swing the ball both ways. Now you know Aksha Patel. So so you've got two opening bowlers swinging the ball in or out. Now, none of our bowlers do that, and it's something we have to sort of look at to upskill ourselves just a bit too. Actua Patel came on very quick, skiddy, tight line delivered so that the ball comes off the smooth part of the ball and not the seam, so it skids at you and stays low. And our players tend to hang back against spin bowling, so it's.
Speaker 6: Hard to get underneath.
Speaker 5: And you know, then you have someone like Boomra bowling those deceptive slower deliveries right hitting the base of the stumps. He went for three point seventy five runs and over you know those that is skill. One of their our nineteen overs was bowled by abershek Heaven's sake anyway, So they just had a bit too much control. They had the big runs behind them and never never, the innings never got going, did it. We lost wickets third, fourth, fifth, eighth, ninths, so we were five down for eighty odd and the nineteen cent and was in you know, so we hit we were either trying to hit six's and got out Allen and Seifered and Mitchell, or we were deceived Ravendra, or there was pace on and quite wide Chapman dragging it back on or the reoccurring issue of Phillip's getting one passed in between Bat and padd He was bold a lot in this tournament. So New Zealand, I'm afraid played their final last week. It wasn't this game. It was just a game early.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's one of the things about that kind of competition too, isn't it that they have to live with that. But you know, they come home and they've done They've done an excellent job. To my mind, they were second and clearly second, and that's just something they have to live with it as a T twenty tournament and there's a whole a lot of luck goes with it, but when you're playing, as you say, most in Indian conditions, you're always up against it as well.
Speaker 3: I don't think enough can be said about Boomra the version of the game bit test bit one day. That player is quite freakish in what he can do. I think we just should celebrate that, sit back and watch because, as you say, Jerry, those deceptive slow ball yalk is that clearly are really hard to pick, and he bowls them with such control it's really impressive. The other thing that I think that where we lack as well as is that we don't have those deceptive spins like you call deeps and so on, who trouble you particularly in those conditions. We've got your orthodox soft spinner, you've got a left arm spinner. But that I'm a dosen for the for a lot of the players these days. You know, there's nothing there's nothing mysterious about what we bring to it. I mean we bring we bring vigor and discipline and so on. But against this sort of onslaught, if you like, you're really not You're struggling, aren't you. But that's said, if you lined all the teams up, I still don't think that we're the second best of that group. England probably played probably overall better than we to South Africa. Certainly on their form were better. It's actually to get where we got to should be considered them definite pass mark.
Speaker 2: We've been doing it consistently, haven't we reaching those finals and or reaching the last four getting a past mark, but not really being able to go the full distance.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think, you know, I think our bowl is I mean, our seam has kind of struggled a bit, didn't they, Henry apart, you know, ten wickets and eight innings an economy rate of eight and eight point twenty five. So you extrapolate that out, that's a total of one sixty five and that's a that's a very chasable target.
Speaker 6: I would have thought these days.
Speaker 5: So and one point twenty five wickets every innings, that's not too bad.
Speaker 6: But then you look at the others.
Speaker 5: Ferguson nine point nine seven, Jamison ten point two five, Nicheum ten point six y five, Duffy ten point eight seven. So that's all between between our other semens. That's between two a total of two hundred and two hundred and twenty. And that's that's starting to push the envelope a bit, isn't it. I feel so that Henry did his job, bowling in the power play, bowling at the death revender. Terms of spin stood up in the absence of Bracewell. Most wickets for New Zealand twelve wickets, seven point eight for the economy. Rate did really well in Sri Lanka, didn't he. That's one point seven wickets pir innings for him, and if he's extrapolate the runs out, it's one point fifty six. In fact, the spinners did slightly better than the seamers in those terms of run rates. Phillips at nine, mccontchie at the nine point five centnern is an interesting one, isn't it. Right from the start you felt that teams were sitting on them. They didn't want to lose wickets to Mitchell Satner, so they saw him as a threat and they played him more cautiously. Centiner twenty eight overs, just two wickets and.
Speaker 6: And seven innings.
Speaker 5: That's just seven fours and so point two of a wicket each game. But you get that run rate six points sixty one and that's a total of one hundred and thirty two if you if you push that out. So even though he didn't get the wickets, he did a job for New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think there's any question. I think that's that's that's spot on, Jack. I mean, if you keep if you at run rates, as you said, on an average of a round about six. I mean that's as good as getting wickets, isn't it. Yeah, that's the reality of it. And and as you say, you strapped light it out in that little termine what you're going to look like and what you're going to be chasing. He's a class act and across the board fields. I really like your style, Captain.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I like to see more of it, not just in the one day as perhaps who knows, but no, and I think you're right here. They did sit on a bit because yeah, he was a threat. But I just think that bottombers, bottom liners. I think that we just got thumped and in those conditions we needed one which was which was doing it Travis Head for us, and that didn't happen today, it happened last week.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well they've had that problem, I guess, have a period of time and you need one, two, three four to do it, not just one. It always seemed as though India had somebody who could get eighty off twenty one balls. But you know, it's NonStop for the black Caps. Now South Africa are almost here. They've picked aside well a women's side to play against South Africa and Tea twenties and New Zealand will have this when they get home. I presume just about home. It's been hard getting out of India. The West Indies had to wait over a week or something to get a flight out. No one bothered to think about getting them home, so they had to sit it. India England got a charter flight out and away they went. And there's been a lot of a lot of controversy around that. But are we destined to have to accept that this is what T twenty Championships are going to be like now? Ground announcements constantly, mid over lights, laser beams, Hollywood promotion and all sorts of.
Speaker 7: Gimmicks that are being part of the game. Do we have to put up? Is that the way it's going to be?
Speaker 3: I think so, Brian, I suspect it is. There seemed to be one hundreds of thousand people had a man of a bad who weren't complaining. They seem pretty happy. But yeah, I can't see that changing anytime soon. It's it's what is it? It's you know, it's a fan, it's fan entertainment. That's what apparently we want. That's what you want?
Speaker 5: Clearly, Well, I can't see Waddle sitting towards the back rows of a stand, listening to those screaming zealots on a mic urging him to stand.
Speaker 6: Up, and ooh, are who who are.
Speaker 5: Knocking over his neighbour's coffee as he does so?
Speaker 6: Or their eggs sandwich onto the ground?
Speaker 7: Kiss cam? What about kiss camp? Did they have that?
Speaker 6: I don't know what the hell that means?
Speaker 2: And that's when you get caught out kissing somebody you're not supposed to be kissing.
Speaker 6: Oh I see, Oh, well that's that you can mistake that.
Speaker 7: Haven't you heard of the cold Blake?
Speaker 5: But I just I just thought it was nauseating all that stuff. I mean it was it was distorting. I don't know what gen they're called now, what letter comes after it?
Speaker 6: They started at X and it seemed to get to Z very quickly.
Speaker 5: But I mean, it's it's rather different, I've got to say, than the gentle, decorous, kind of interesting Indians I met in the late nineteen eighties when I was there. It's very different nowadays, isn't it. Maybe it's just a format. Who knows, But I tell you what wats and I I guess we won't be in the back seats all we wants.
Speaker 7: I certainly won't be. In fact, I've got the monume turned down anyway.
Speaker 6: Me too. We're getting very old now too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably part of it as well. But the pictures came in forth some stick and this is where you're going to be very careful of social media. Matt Henry was quoted as having some comment to make about the pictures in the Middenings Break. But I listened to it and he never said anything about the pictures. And the question was asked, don't know who approves such pictures, but it was taken up by Nasa Hussein and he basically got into the VCCI and the ICC because they seem to be so much entwined. He said, India scored literally ninety two runs in the powerplay, which you don't see most often in cricket match. You've got to give something to the bowlers too as well. This isn't cricket. It's manipulation. The spirit of the game is being slapped. If this keeps happening, no one will trust the game anymore. It's a complete disgrace. Well, it is a manipulation and at your point, Jeremy from a previous podcast. The bowlers have to get something, don't they.
Speaker 5: Well, if you want to have a cricket equation, yes, they'll say. Well, they do get something and they get a new ball. And that's why I mentioned swinging the ball away. The Indians were capable of swinging it in and out. Our bowlers, I think, are a little bit set on waiting for the grass or something to assist them, so they seem it. We tend to be a seam dominated kind of attack. Can't niem swing the ball? You tell me what I don't think, for example, we should have all seamers. We should have people who can swing it. Now, Duffy can a bit. Why can't he swing it in? Is that his action?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: I just feel we need to be upskilled individually if we want to be able to go to places like India, which doesn't grow grass that well all they don't want to do it anyway, especially in T twenty matches. So look, I feel for the bowlers, I do, But you've just got to skill yourself up, don't you. You've got to be able to be more accurate at the variety of deliveries because if we don't swing it straight, it's dead. Straight, and that means you're relying now on pace or links or the combination.
Speaker 3: And pace doesn't seem to be an issue. I mean, Ferguson just like it. They love it it. It just goes, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ferguson went for forty eight.
Speaker 2: The issue with swing, though, of course, in the past, was something that the bowlers didn't want to do because the ball would swing down the leg side by it where you go, and so they tried to make it such that the bowlers weren't swinging it to any great degree. All right down leg side is understandable, though sometimes I think that the wives are called and it's just because the batsman is not good enough to hit them that they get called wide. But you know, does that now matter that we need to be able to get that swing and control the swing.
Speaker 3: Most look, I think that there's just something that says same same as what we tend to be a little bit of. As Jerry said, we've basically got fast medium bowlers on these sort of wickets just just cann't follow for these For these players, you need a point of difference. That's what Jasper will are brinks, It's what Aksa the brings swinging both swinging both ways. You need to bring something different otherwise straight and quick. That's just that's just not it's not a challenge we all, as I said touchdown before, we don't have a really clever, deceptive, a spinner or two, whereas the Indians seem to have a few of them, don't they. You've got to have a point of difference, especially when you're at these flat decks, because it's just it's just too easy and and you're relying on them making mistake and these players are too good. They're not going to make those sort of mistakes. And even if one does, you've got three or four others are going to come in and and continue to whack you because they go long way down, don't they India or teams like that, as do teams like for that matter, so Africa, they definitely go long way down in batting. Even for that matter, with Jack's coming in when he does a six, seven and eight and song, So we need something different in our bowling and hopefully that's what they go they take away from the tournament that we're going to look for that do we have those sort of players outside of the current crop that we've got I'm not sure. I don't know. Perhaps you've seen more than I have.
Speaker 2: Bright Yeah, well, I mean they're probably there. It's a development thing. They've got to be playing more of that form of cricket, I suppose. And that's what they talk about. A T twenty competition here and getting players set for T twenty. That's what India have, don't they. Many of their test players don't front up. There's the odd one or two, the boomra but in terms of their batting, it's basically dominated by T twenty specialists and we don't have quite the same number of people I suppose to play our game.
Speaker 7: But you know, it's the.
Speaker 2: Thing is, there'll be another World T twenty competition one in a couple of weeks, won't they. They'll be starting another one, aren't they.
Speaker 3: But someone was quite clever they there's anythings. They organized a competition themselves, a twenty twenty competition. It seems to have gone quite well, and the place you have come out of that that go on to be quite useful at the international level. Maybe it's a coincidence.
Speaker 5: There are rewards there for individual you know, skills and a wider range of accuracy. They'd been there were how many weeks would they have been there? Sort of nearly three or three or four weeks New Zealand have anyway, you haven't done so what why would they Why would they not have learned in that time with a new ball that they don't as they're going to bowl an in the swinger it go, it won't go down leg I see. I I just I just feel an outswinger will take it, will beat the outside education and go through to the keeper. You know, it'll an in swinger will hit the pads perhaps you know, and they might get a single for a leg by, but that's it.
Speaker 6: If you get a single, that's a that's a win, isn't it.
Speaker 5: So I just feel or you head an outside middle from an outswinger and they can't control that and you.
Speaker 6: Might get a catch.
Speaker 5: So I just feel we need to be doing a little bit more with the ball rather than just seeming it and conditions that don't seem and so it restricts us too much to either we don't bowl many Yorkers. We don't trust our ability to do that. We go try to go wide and we end up bowling too wide. So just the accuracy I don't think is quite is quite there at the moment, but the rewards are there, and so I just feel we can't keep on relying on green seamers, that's all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'm not blaming the players.
Speaker 5: It's not easy, but I just feel that they need to just upskill as much as they can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we keep developing a swinging conditions, I guess in New Zealand, don't we So yeah, we shouldn't. And they managed to do things with the ball when it's roughed up now rather than the shiny side and the side that's been worn down. That's the way balls used to be developed by balls, wasn't it. The old hand would go around and try and get one side shiny. So it's a different skill now.
Speaker 6: I get all that.
Speaker 5: I just I think it's just as a little general comment, I think our bowling was a bit samey, a wee bit samey, and a wee bit straight, do you know what I mean? Get it to dip, get it to turn a bit, get it to you know, all those things. Get it to do some things that they that you impart at your end so that it does something in between you and the batsman The other thing I quite enjoyed just quickly fellas was the associates. I thought they played a good part in this tournament. I don't know whether you guys we say this. It's said utually at the end of it tournament, isn't it. The associates kind of make footnotes in the cricket calendar. But it's the one chance for cricket to become more global, isn't it. It's T twenties. It's not test matches. You know, no associates made the Super eights in this tournament, but there were certainly signs.
Speaker 6: I thought Usa.
Speaker 5: The Netherlands they both pushed in there, there was a spilled catch. I think the Netherlands would have won over Pakistan. Correct one ball against Nepal could have beaten England. You know, there were close matches and because T twenty is the most precarious format, you know, the most capricious. If you're going to include sides from less established cricket countries, this is the one to include them in. And I think there were those moments were there and the outcomes of matches could have led to upsets they didn't, and that must still be could be significant because I just don't think they have getting the opportunities to play stronger sides.
Speaker 9: En.
Speaker 5: I think Oman and Namibia and Canada were a little bit de distance away from the other ones. But the Associates, I thought brought a good flavor. They brought great browdspit, you know, along they bring their fight, they bring their flair and you get some unusual bowlers sometimes from those associate teams. So I just I thought the greatest upset in the tournament was Australia's exit to Zimbabwe. So the associates, they just ICEE CEE helped them, is what I'm saying, help them. And you know they don't have test status, they lack voting influence, they lack ic C funding. How long did that guy Van Skull from the US hold the position as the top wicket taker in this tournament? You know, I just I just thought, and those Nepalese supporters fantastic.
Speaker 3: I think we touched on this before you. I think that's it's in that sense this tournament has been a success because they've they've brought in the extent of the number of teams can only be good and it's given players opportunities to perform in the international stage, which in their wildest dreams possibly they would never have imagined. You didn't touch on did you touch on Afghanistan? I mean, they genuinely a Threatleach, especially at this sort of at this sort of competition, because they do have those sorts of bowlers who can who can get you out, and they've got they've got power in their batting and as you say, with the others like Nepaul, I just think that was fabulous. And what's more, the thing about the paw was I think think it was they're all net police as opposed to a number of the teams which have shall we say, people not from their country originally playing for them. But again, I just think a great opportunity for for cricket in the in a broad sense to develop Yeah, a worldwide game, which it which it clearly is. But I in that sense actually see you've done well there. But the other point I think you correctly make there was money made out of this tournament. Surely there's some trickle down so that that so that these these teams can can can develop and can develop more more strength. I mean, I know, for instance, on a on a personal level about the Netherlands. Yeah, that that strap for catch constantly. Partly that could be because of some internal administration he cups, but but they are that that try to upskill themselves, develop ground with grass, wickets and so on. Now that's just the nevolence. And they've got capital around them. But the other countries they're not as wealthy as the Netherlands, so I hope that there is more money spread around coming out of this sort of stuff to develop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it needs more than just a one World T twenty championship. They need to see positions whereby they can develop and that's the challenge for the ICC.
Speaker 1: Brion Waddell, Jeremy Coney on the front foot.
Speaker 2: One of the challenges for New Zealand is to find another bowler like Brett Randall five wickets and five balls.
Speaker 7: It hasn't happened in the two.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifty four year history of first class cricket, Jerry, you'd have played a fair bit of that history. Did you ever get a hat trick?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Did I ever? Did I ever get a hat trick? I must have. I think I got one, but not in first class.
Speaker 5: I think it was probably at an Enville Park on a slightly slightly dot slightly dodgy pitch. And I was probably about ten or eleven at the time, so no, I didn't.
Speaker 7: What about you, moose?
Speaker 3: Uh well, yeah I did get ahead. Hetrick and I was I was on again, pretty dodgy, wicked. It's Saint Joseph's College mastered and and I think I've still got the cricket ball somewhere in a box. But that was it. The thing that that five wickets he was he was knocking over good players and he was I think two or three of them were bottled.
Speaker 6: They were yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I think one of them was a little unlucky.
Speaker 2: It appeared as though Carter was given out courtner and from what you could see from the very poor video, which is of course the stuff that comes from the camera a long way off it, he seemed to be a long way away and his head was shaking as he walked off, and I think it's probably still shaking as to how he was given out. But yeah, I mean, and on a deck that, you know, Wellington the game previously scored four hundred odds, you know, I mean, it's not as if it's a dodgy pitch or anything like that you're talking McLean Park Napier and it's a good but talking about hat tricks, I was in as a batsman two hat tricks successive games against the same opposition in senior club cricket, and I don't reveal that information too readily because it's quite an embarrassment, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Were you the third one in either of them?
Speaker 2: I was the third one and the first and that's the one I do I do talk about. I do talk about because it was a left arm spinner for Colburnia, guy called Nigel Smith. Yes, the ball was going down leg side quite clearly, but it was a hat trick. Ball Ham Heart was the umpire and everybody would know was a very enthusiastic.
Speaker 6: Man, very very solid umpire.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm sure he called out out and that's a hat trick. I'm sure he said that.
Speaker 6: Oh hard luck words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't mind. The other one, Rock Collins was the other bowlus. I was quite happy to be knocked over by him. But I was the middle man then, so I wasn't the third. But it's quite an incredible achievement to be able to do that against top order batting, a batting side that Northern Districts was able to develop and to be the first person to do it in first class cricket, I mean it's been done before in cricket.
Speaker 7: There's a young.
Speaker 2: Lady who's out here at the moment and sadly she got injured playing for Zimbabwe. Got hit on the side of the head and they had to leave the field and was injured. And she has done it in an under nineteen game in Zimbabwe.
Speaker 7: And another person who have done.
Speaker 2: It is an Irish cricketer by the name of Curtis Kampher. He did it in a match in July twenty twenty five, a domestic T twenty game, so it wasn't a first class game as such. And while we're talking about bowler's dominance, one bowler sixty years ago dominated the New Zealand side in a Test match at Edgeburston. Fred Tipmas took four wickets in one over.
Speaker 9: No, it's Tipmas who comes in bowls to you all and yours pot had slipped it went with the army, reached forward, got an edge and Cowdrick took it as easily as shilling be. Tipmas bolster. He lost it in his oak cotton bowl Taylor Corton bowl Tipmas not New Zealand one five eight per seven tipmas now three wickets three for fourteen. In fact, it comes in bowls to Motts and Motts goes forward and by Smith cub forwards ort Legs comes in bowls and the bowls collins off.
Speaker 6: The inside edge.
Speaker 9: My goodness, got an over four war kits in the over.
Speaker 2: I just want to make a comment at the end that farewells in the women's game to lear to who who's giving up the one day game. It's been chosen for the t twenties because there's a World Cup coming up and she may well be included in it. The other one's Alyssa Heey who's given a lifetime of service to Australia and you know, you look at her record, she's been quite outstanding. So I think we should acknowledge their contribution to the women's game and we won't be able to see them play, particularly Alyssa Healey who's got an outstanding record.
Speaker 3: She's a fabulous player. I mean when you watched her back, yeah she could score quickly, but playing real proper cricket shots. Damn good keeper too, if you don't mind you'd go and watch her because you think, no, this is someone very very good, talented person because she's now switched into the commentary box. And but yeah, she was good too, so not that they're going to need it, but she's got a nice career going there as well. Talented person.
Speaker 5: And both long servants of the game, aren't they, Brian. You know they're committed to the game. They obviously love it. It makes them feel good. They like the skills that they are required to impart in the game itself. They've had success at that for their respective sides. So yeah, these times come and go, don't they eventually for everybody.
Speaker 7: That's what happened. Sixteen years.
Speaker 2: They've been playing at the top level of the women okay, and that's quite uncort you'll be able to sustain that, so we acknowledge their contribution. We've still got a chance to see Elea to her who she's going to be playing against South Africa and the Tea Tweedies coming up, and of course we can have a little rest, fellas, because it's a couple of weeks away before we can watch another T twenty.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to much as you love them, Brian.
Speaker 7: I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: I like to see New Zealand perform well and I'm happy to celebrate it when they do. Thanks guys, we'll talk again sometime in the near future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can sign off a relatively content that we actually did pretty well and better than I would have predicted four weeks ago. So we're playing New Zealand and very well played Nbear deserving champions. Yep.
Speaker 5: I think they were probably the best side summer.
Speaker 1: For more from News Talks at b Listen live on air or online, and keep our shows with you wherever you go with our podcasts on iHeartRadio.