Speaker 1: Live for the next wort big Auden's Studio.
Speaker 2: Welcome into the ACC Sports Book for Friday, the second of August.
Speaker 1: The ACC Sports Book thanks to the TB. G.
Speaker 2: Lane joining me in the studio and remotely. It is Carl from the tab. Good morning, Carl. Has your week been mate?
Speaker 3: She's wet, windy and cold down here in Wellington Fellas.
Speaker 4: Not great hey, but a bit of a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 5: We get straight into the accountability carls in the three in the three way last last week, I mean you picked the shortest odds in the three way and actually it's about time you've dropped one, actually because it looked like well either and I and I were carrying the clubs at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I think I make you drop two in a row now, Mike, which was tough to cop.
Speaker 6: And it's even I'm even questioning myself now I've got three selections to make a pick from.
Speaker 3: For for this this week's three way, I'm in all sorts.
Speaker 2: So to recap last week our three way, your leg lay was Lewis Hamilton to podium, won it, he won it. My leg was adding Fanua Blake to score at two dollars forty five, a brave choice for the three way, and then Carl took the line Canberra Raiders vers sath Sydney three point five and.
Speaker 1: Missed at a dollar ninety six.
Speaker 2: Still to be fair, not real short, it's like it wasn't a dollar ten or twenty shot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there a disgrace. They're gone good to me.
Speaker 2: I think that like third from the bottom of the table now, sir, it's any constellation to you.
Speaker 1: That's their season done as well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it didn't go too well for us over the weekend, but it has leveled the ledger a little bit. At the end of the year, one of us is going to be carrying the clubs. Someone that's gonna have to be me. It's going to have to go back and keep a tally here. I should have I should have been keeping a telly this entire time, but I haven't been unless someone listening to this wants to go back.
Speaker 5: And we've got the perfect location for carrying the clubs too, with the acc opim happening adad in Shandon in November during November, so there is an end date on that as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, looking rightside my house, which is very convenient.
Speaker 1: Oh that'd be great.
Speaker 2: You can hop straight in the ice bath after carrying the clubs around for eighteen before we get into there's not a lot of sports going on at the moment that we can talk about.
Speaker 1: There is a lot of sport going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, don't get me wrong, but there's not a lot that we can talk about all blacks, obviously international rugby and not going on at the moment. We'll get into the Warriors very shortly, but I think before we do, Carl, are there any were there any big bits from across the week, because I love hearing these. You talked about a couple of weeks ago, the sixteen league table tennis bit that came in and made sixteen thousand, that inspired our producer Adam to chuck his own table tennis league on overnight that came off.
Speaker 1: What I know, I know how many leagues edam? It was sex leagues. I did cut it down.
Speaker 2: I was sitting around ten, but I thought, you know, I just got to roll the dice once how I'm feeling, and it was fruitful, So thank you, Ca.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had some real sicko behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when we say bet responsibly, This is the kind of thing we're talking about.
Speaker 1: But have you seen any big bets across the week card.
Speaker 3: I've got three big winners.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm going to start off And I said someone last week the Rooster's Madly game.
Speaker 3: I think it was about seventy odd points scored in that match.
Speaker 6: Someone had a five dollars five leg anytime try score a multi that collected three thousand, three hundred solid yea took both the halfs from Madley, which is not something you see often when I'm thinking about placing any time try score a multi that the halves often don't factor in.
Speaker 2: You're a brave man that puts a bet on Luke Brooks to score a try.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Luke Brooks to do anything good. There has There was a one hundred dollars seven leg football multi that collected fourteen thousand, six hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: That's gutsy when it's taking a HUNDI on that multi. Geez, they must have had some inside oil.
Speaker 2: Well or they've gone for a huge vipund like we did. You sit on the Mad Monday podcast. Every player that's been linked to leaving their club to score so Dylan Walker Jastevanga Blas Telungi all three to score. That's going to pay out fifteen grand as well.
Speaker 3: Love that and then this one you boys will love.
Speaker 6: On the UFC last week, two hundred and fifty dollars ten league collected forty one thousands.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I agine just sitting on that last league though, That's that's what that's what gets me slightly.
Speaker 1: Wide with the cash out option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the cash outs just sitting there and you're like, no hold, no deal, no deal.
Speaker 6: For the first three leagues were all outsiders to dollar ninety four to two ten and three ten, and then the rest there was.
Speaker 3: One more outside of the rest were short favorites.
Speaker 2: Looking into my veins, Yeah, that is that is powerful stuff. That those ones are the ones that really fill you with hope. When you're constructing, you're carefully constructed malti's, you know, you feel like a scientist dropping a little a little bit under this flask and then this one over here.
Speaker 5: Well that's what I was doing the other day when I was I did a woman's football one and I was like, multi out that, but didn't I didn't realize and when I put the malti together, I basically just picked all the favorites and it was like paying two fifty.
Speaker 4: So I was like, okay, I haven't really cracked the code.
Speaker 2: You mean when you picked Japan to beat Nigeria in the football the other day?
Speaker 1: Was that scientific?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: The Spain France one as well, that was that wasn't overly scientific?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, particularly because it was Spained was Brazil. But anyway, it did come in.
Speaker 4: That's how a little I knew about my MALTI.
Speaker 2: Came in crying about it. It was just firing off punts in the night.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: Oh, were there any Are there any big bets riding on anything across this weekend that anyone's talking about in the office this week?
Speaker 1: Car?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Nothing, really A couple there's one.
Speaker 6: There's one thousand bucks on the Wars tonight and then two thousand on the Chucks later on tonight.
Speaker 3: That's that's all I've been given so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well let's get into the words.
Speaker 2: Then they are playing tonight, They're playing against the Eels for a second last on the table. They're actually quite short favorites the Warriors at about a dollar twenty two. I think right now, is anyone getting on that. I feel like that's not very that's not how the Warriors fans bet, you know, on short favorites.
Speaker 6: Today, well, seventy five percent of the money in the head head market is on the Wars.
Speaker 1: So wrong, that's Auckland is. Yeah, a good point. But as as I.
Speaker 3: Think we could probably copy and paste this segment each week.
Speaker 6: Best back first try score DWZ at six dollars eighty and Marta near Corde is our worst result in that first try score market.
Speaker 3: He's twenty nine dollars. Getting some love there from the punters.
Speaker 6: Anytime, Mitchweette best backed at four forty, near card for twenty and RTS at a dollar sixty. Dylan Brown for the Eels is the best back for them at four eighty. And then the best back power play which I love this DWZ first second or third try scorer and Roger anytime at for seventy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I got on that. I got on that in Hodaki this morning. It was my hunch on the Breakfast show.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, how many tries has Roger scored this year too?
Speaker 1: Two or three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not many, but he hasn't played any games on the wing.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: And we did some research early in the week for our regular gusts and the Eels right.
Speaker 3: Side defense is their worst.
Speaker 6: That's where they leak majority of the tries they can see, I think about forty five percent of the tries, and so that's where Roger's playing on our left.
Speaker 3: They're right. So I think Roger will eat tonight.
Speaker 1: I hope so.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the TB has made quite a lot of money off Roger to us as chick this year. I looking to make a little bit of money off Sewan Johnson as well. I think this is a massive vibe punt for the casual fan of the Warriors who's going out to Mount Smart Stadium wants to see a try. Shawan Johnson first, second or third try scorer was seven dollars boosted to eight. I reckon that's going to get a lot of people tonight. I would probably steer clear of that one, although eight is juicy. That's already got me.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: And then for our game day punt for tonight for the commentary, we're on a first all last try scorer, which I like this. I love this as like a little double jeopardy sort of option because if he's the first try scorer, like you were buzzing, time to reinvest. But if he's not, you've still got right up until the game finishes.
Speaker 5: I am I'm a massive fan of last try score options because it keeps you in the game all the time. And you've got to be quite specific about who you choose his last try score as well, particularly in rugby when they basically change half the team. Yeah, and you've got to go which player is going to play eighty minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, so this is what we've gone for for tonight for the Warriors game. Is Dan Fanua Blake first or last try scorer? Because he is a try scoring prop. I've made a lot of money betting on him scoring tries. And the way the Warrior's rotation works is he they won't bring him back on in the second half when he has a spell toil, like fifteen or even ten minutes left to go, and depending on how well we're going in that game. And imagine being an absolutely buggered middle forward and then Adan Fanua Blake, who has just been sitting on the sideline for twenty minutes, comes back out there. You're already losing and now he comes charging it. Yeah, like it'd be so easy to let go of the rope. And so that's our game day hunch for the Warriors. Commentary tonight is AFB first, all last, nice, I like the old first or last of that anything any other ways that the the fans are playing this one tonight.
Speaker 1: It's all anytime try scores, isn't it really it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The only thing that I've got, and this is probably me is a Wars fan, is there's a very good, very good chance that the Wars are inside the eighth after the end of this weekend if if you count the two points that we will bank in the last round to buy Yeah, this is very very wis fanny. The Dolphins, Raiders, Dragons, Knights are all in front of us, Broncos just behind us, and we obviously need them more to lose, and I think they will this week. So if you bank, you know, as I say, add those two points from round twenty seven to this week, then the Warriors will be in the eighth come the end of the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's my hunch, and it's not actually as ridiculous as it sounds initially because none of those other teams have a buy so exactly.
Speaker 6: Bronco is the only one that they're behind us, So got a little buffer there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you tack that by on right now. That puts us above the nights. Then we win this weekend. Everyone else loses. We're in the eight and around. That's what they call copium. Yeah, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: All right, we will take a.
Speaker 2: Quick break unless there's anything else from you, Carl, and this is your opportunity to grab a pin. When we come back, we're going to hear what Carl has heard around the office in the TB.
Speaker 1: Pause the podcast now and grab a pen for the hottest tips from around the tab office.
Speaker 2: Jo Jo, who runs the web for the ACC there's only one time in the week where he really rides me, and it was the first thing that he said when I got into the office this morning. He goes, Look, we've got a busy afternoon, like a very busy afternoon. Before you leave the office for lunch, make sure that you put Carl's tips up on the Instagram story.
Speaker 4: It's Friday routine. Your love is Friday routine.
Speaker 1: Carl.
Speaker 5: As he comes to the office, he gets a coffee and he gets a cheese scot and then he sits down and he goes all right, reloading the account and then he hounds and if for the tips, yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that. Let's just quickly look back at last week.
Speaker 6: Obsession was harness racing at Addington wasn't good and the tipster has asked me to apologize on behalf of him.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they need to apologize. No need to apologize when there's a tip on the line. That's that's the golden rule.
Speaker 1: It's a beticular one.
Speaker 6: This particular guy I think he should so okay, Master Master Brutus finished fourth Twain one Madamo Debt one and in that same race with Matamo Debt, I said.
Speaker 3: Conam Connor Mala Feller.
Speaker 6: Was the one to watch, and so I suggest did a little same race multi Adamo Debt top two, kind of Mala Feller top three, which cash that turtle's seventy nice and then Dom came second.
Speaker 3: So not a bad week.
Speaker 5: No, Now that's not bad to take. That's a pass. Yeah, it's certainly a pass.
Speaker 1: That is a pass. So what have you heard this week?
Speaker 6: All right, I've got a few this week Addington Tonight, Race three number two, the tipster who's just apologized he's going again.
Speaker 3: Number two Heavens.
Speaker 6: Mark at three dollars sixty tips to reckons that she should be at longer odds than she is, so sorry short odds Tomorrow ricketson Race four number six ep Bell at Turtles twenty, very high ceiling, and this tips to reckons, this horse will jump in the red so less than even money. And that same race Rickett and Race four, another consistent tipper for us number three, The Good Shepherd at six dollars loves the wet and the distance. And this is the batum from said tips his mouth. This will beat the other one. So don't normally like tipping runners in the same race, or let the punters choose there. But perhaps are we another we same race?
Speaker 3: Multi?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we could go ep Bell top two and the Good Shepherd top three.
Speaker 3: You'll get three dollars ten.
Speaker 2: I love that these anonymous tips as are trying to beat each other out in the same race.
Speaker 1: This is good, It's healthy, yeah.
Speaker 3: Real sick behavior.
Speaker 6: A couple more at Australia rose Hell Race one, Lady Boss at four dollars eighty Rose Hell Race two number three putt for Dough at eleven dollars and three point thirty, or you can get top four two forty five.
Speaker 1: I's gonna say eleven is scary.
Speaker 3: They'll semi like I'm a golfer, semi vi punt there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But also number three into the name, so like Putford dough that just works. And last one Flemington Race one, number one Detroit City at three ten. And then if you want to get Larry, multi that into Berkshire Breeze and the next at a dollar fifty five and you get four eighty.
Speaker 1: Oh yep, all right, brilliant.
Speaker 2: I will set jo Jury's nerves at ease by putting that up on the Instagram the story as soon as we walk out of the studio here, fire this through once we're done in here, Carl. But now my highlight of the week, it is time for stats to impress the ladies.
Speaker 6: Alright, AFL the West Coast Eagles versus the Gold Coast. The Eagles Gold Coast have lost fifteen straight away matches. You can get the the West Coast Eagles at two doors seventy. James Tedesco has scored one try and at least one try and ten of the Roosters last eleven matches against the team on a losing streak.
Speaker 1: Who have they got?
Speaker 6: They have got the Dolphins. I've lost to a row counts as a street.
Speaker 1: It's a street that's streaky.
Speaker 3: Two was two cents for him.
Speaker 6: On the other side, Jermaina Saco has scored a try in each of the dolphins last three home games against opponents ranked inside the top four.
Speaker 1: How do you get these? We don't come down that good. That's so good. I don't trust Jamana Soukle, but I like it.
Speaker 6: Sticking with NRL, each of the broncos last five matches played during the day have gone over the total points line.
Speaker 1: They love the day. I love the d.
Speaker 3: Walkers, and a couple in the MLB.
Speaker 6: To finish off, Yes, Eli Angels versus the Colorado Rockies. The Rockies have lost their last seven road games following a road win. Oh so you get LA head to head at dollar eighty two, okay, love them? And then the Detroit Tigers West Kansas City Royals, which the first pitch is probably just about to be thrown. The Royals have lost the first innings and three of their last four games as a road favorite against American League Central opponents.
Speaker 1: Yes, that finished me off. That one. That is powerful.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for the stats and prisceoladies. The Major League Baseball ones get me every single time.
Speaker 5: There must be so much stats though you play so many games home and away five five on the trot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a real stat heavy, real stat heavy industry.
Speaker 1: That one. All right?
Speaker 2: Just before we go, let us get into our three way hunch.
Speaker 1: Get in on the three way action with minim lane and the tab. I would like to go first.
Speaker 2: And I know we can't strike talk about it, but there is a game of basketball being played this weekend. I'm not going to tell you where or in what competition, but there is a game of basketball being played this weekend in Europe, somewhere somewhere in Europe, and I am going to take for my league. I am going to take South Sudan plus fourteen and a half against Serbia.
Speaker 1: Now you want to carry the bags dat Serbia.
Speaker 2: Serbia obviously have Jokic, but South Sudan almost beat the US before the tournament started. They've done very, very well despite the roster of the American team having more annual salary than the entire country of South Sudan. Also when South Sudan played earlier in this tournament. I'm not going to say what tournament it is. The tournament organizers played the wrong anthem. They played the anthem of Sudan, who they broke away from thirteen years ago.
Speaker 1: That's mistake.
Speaker 2: And the last reason I think that they're going to cover the line here is because the Fever rules. They are not such high scoring games like they are in the NBA. It's hard to wallop someone by twenty points or more so South Sudan plus fourteen and a half against Serbia.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a method to your madness. What's yours car? What are you going for?
Speaker 3: I was just going to quickly say unrelated.
Speaker 6: I know how to ask someone if they play basketball and if they want to play basketball and French. Oh yeah, it's the only thing I learned in French class growing up.
Speaker 3: Go on to burgui or busket.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait.
Speaker 6: My leg, I'm like I said, I'm in all sorts. We've got three selections here. How Larry's yours lane?
Speaker 5: No it's not too Larry, I've got I'm going for the other. This a sports event that's going on in Europe somewhere. There's one hundred meter race. I'm going for Noah Lyles to take the one hundred meters on Monday morning. I've watched way too much Netflix, and I'm all in on Nina Aisles at two point fifty.
Speaker 2: He's the world champion or what doctor he's Yeah, he's the guy. He's the guy who got a slag by the NBA players for saying the world champions or what. Yeah, so yeah, that's who I've got, So not too larry mate two fifty.
Speaker 3: Okay, and what was yours? Min i dollar?
Speaker 1: Ninety dollar raighty eight coloradio?
Speaker 7: All right, you go, you're just sitting there again, right, I've got I've got one lower one now all second racing Lady Lady Boss.
Speaker 3: Top three, seventy five.
Speaker 1: Lady Boss? That what's that?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 4: Seventy five?
Speaker 1: Lady Boss? Top three?
Speaker 3: Top three? And that is where is that? Let's rose to race one.
Speaker 2: Lady Boss. We want to go top three. I'm just putting this together live and in the flesh. You multi all of those together. That is paying seven dollars seventy five. That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's about where we want to live. I think.
Speaker 2: Laying the longest totals fifty. All right, that is our three way for this week. I'm going to place right now on the ACC TA B account. Thank you very much, caw go well across the weekend. Enjoy your weekend of sport up the wires, and we'll see you next Friday.
Speaker 1: We'll spent here at the ACC Sports Book, but our friends at the TAB are good to go.