Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus lush Night's podcast from News Talks at.
Speaker 2: Be Greetings and Welcome Crusaders Lead the Hearland is ten to five. It might be on Freedom where it might not. Go watch it if you want. I'll keep you updated with the scores from that. I know this is a special game to some. Plenty of people turned out at the arena in Canterbury christ Church to watch the sixty thousand capacity. That's good to see people are going to rugby and droves. I think it's the pointy end of the season. I will keep you updated about that. Looking for to the women's rugby tomorrow night too. You is a New Zealand there we go. So I'm up against it tonight because everyone's watching the rugby and doing other stuff. But that's fine. I'm sure if one'll come on at ten o'clock tonight tonight, I will attempt to do something that I don't think is probably ever being done and radio before. That's what I suspect. What I am going to have tonight. I've got your attention. This is the hype, this is the sizzle. What I will do tonight is I'm going to have I don't know that this is so this thing is so big and so new, I don't even know how to explain it. What we're going to do for the start of tonight, We're going to have a sweep steak on what tonight's sweep steak is going to be about. Yeah you first, So so on night's show, we're gonna have a sweep steak about what the sweep steak is gonna be about. So later on tonight we have a sweepsteak about something that's quite topical. But before that, we're gonna have a sweepsteak to see if you can guess what the sweepsteak is gonna be about. So, wow, that's pretty powerful. It will be a sweep steak on a sweep steak. What do you think the sweep steak will be about? Before I came to the studio, I didn't even know what I was going to do it on. But boy, oh boy, I'm pretty excited about this now. So it's going to be a sweep steak on what the sweep steak is about. Never been done before. It's like it's like the Russian doles of talk radio. It's a sweepsteak within a sweep steak. Call me if you think you're not the sweep steak's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be on.
Speaker 2: Oh, eight hundred eighty eight. There's no prize for the sweepstake. Within the sweepstake. There might be a prize for the subsequent sweepsteak if we've won the sweep steak. About what the sweepstake's going to be about? I'm excited? Was that you, Marcus? Yes, that's right. I'm beside myself. So there we go. So, yes, the sweep steak within a sweep steak. If you think you know what that is about, call me. I'm trying to think if I was listening, what I would ring up about to think what the sweepstake for this weekend is going to be about. But I've got no idea that's the way we're going to go tonight. It's going to be a If you don't understand the rules, feel free to ring and ask, but it's going to be a sweepstake. On what the sweepstake's going to be about? There is so later on tonight there's gonna be a sweep steak, but there's gonna have a I'm so excited. I'm talking quickly later on tonight, there's going to be a sweep steak, but we're going to have a sweepsteak tonight about what that's sweepstake is going to be about. Go figure, Gary looked promising, still ten to five. The Highland is nearly scored, but they lost the ball right on the tryline. I'm waiting for the inundation of the people for the sweepstake within the sweep steak. Yeah, this could be kind of cincillating. It could be terrible. Actually, go go go go, go, Go, Go, Go, go go go should have passed. Gary. It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 4: I think it might be the soccer.
Speaker 2: The score on this because the trouble with the sweep steak on soccer, right, Yeah, what can this tell me?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: The scores could be? Zero zero zero one one zero one one two zero two one two two zero two zero one. How many How many are there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not enough? No, not enough. I've tried sweepsteaks before with soccer. I didn't like them because if you ring up late in the hour, he gets twelve seven, which never happens. Good evening, Matthew, it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 6: You're good Marcus, I don't know. I understand the concept. But is it just one choice? One pick? Do I give you one pick?
Speaker 2: You've got to guess what tonight's sweepsteak is going to be about.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to say Auckland FC. The football.
Speaker 2: That's what the last guy said.
Speaker 6: Though way, well okay, then it would be the Warriors.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: But when you hear but Matthew, when you hear what the sweet sake is going to be about? Right, yeah, you've got your first reaction is going to be astonishment. Then you're going to think, of course, then you're going to think what a great idea, and you won't be able to help yourself but to ring in and have your guests for the sweep steak.
Speaker 6: But I have rung in.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, this is.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: This is the sweepstake. About what the sweepstake is going to be about?
Speaker 6: That's quite any more on market.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's an oxy moron and sary enough this is a sweep steak because you're not. You're it's more a guessing combination for the sweepstake. But we are calling it the sweepstake. Within the sweep steak, that's why I said the warrior thepe No, it's not the word. So I'd like most sweepstakes, I'm telling you it right or wrong, if you've.
Speaker 6: Got it right, Okay, thank you for that, Thank you for clarifying that.
Speaker 2: But you could come in later on.
Speaker 6: I will when I hear the sweeteak.
Speaker 2: Besides yourself. That's Matthew again. There'll be Matthew with his guest for the sweep steak. Within the sweep steak. I'm shaking with excitement. Nolean, Nolene, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 2: What do you What do you think it is going to be about, Nolene? The sweep steak.
Speaker 9: I think the sweep steak is going to be about the people that ring in for the sweep steak, because that could be zero to wow.
Speaker 2: What I wish I'd thought of that. So you think the sweep steak is going to be how many people have rung in for the sweep steak.
Speaker 9: We'll ring for the sweep steak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we couldn't have that because you already know how many people rung in, wouldn't you?
Speaker 10: Mhm.
Speaker 9: It depends what the second sweep steak is really.
Speaker 2: I thought we might have had three sweepsteaks. If we've got to sweepstake. How many people ring it for the sweepsteak?
Speaker 9: Oh well, so the people at ring and then you will say, oh, well, how many females, how many males or whatever? So because it might be getting close to midn't I.
Speaker 2: I have to think about that. That was done my head in a bit Noline, we're wearing a sweepstak or what the sweepsteak is going to be about? Cheryltte's Marcus welcome, Hi am the budget? How would you do a sweepsteak on the budget?
Speaker 11: Like, I don't know, but it's such a ridiculous idea.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a ridiculous It could be like, yeah, I want to do a sweepsteak on this on the budget because it would be it would also be a day late, wouldn't it two days late?
Speaker 11: I I don't know. I really don't know. But I don't know. Why are you even thought of doing this?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a Friday, everyone's watching the sport. We've got to cut with something. We've done the flag referendum and we've done lips and lamps and by the way, I put a video up on Facebook of an early lamps and system with a railway in an old English shop that sent wooden balls down rails. It's a thing of absolute beauty. You put the money in the docket and wooden balls. Good evening, Shawn, it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Marcus.
Speaker 12: Look, I reckon it's the silver fur incest. Senator Joe Gill's rugby. Wow, and I think a good one right in the media for a week, Yeah, the stars and portrait.
Speaker 2: Who did Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 12: It was one of the Canadian ones. She was, I think the media.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it's Alona ma and I think she's an American woman, not a Canadian.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, but I'm looking forward to watching that. Yeah, I think it's a big the game. I think women's rugby is kind to be honest. They've watched a lot of it, but they've watched the few and they actually, you know, the running game is great, right, It's sort of a little bit more running going on than than the boys stops start.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I was quite enjoyed the women's State of Origin too.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's it was wet too, which was.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 2: All the league seems to be wet New South Wales at the moment, Yes, women's sport is having its moment, although that's not what the sweeps teake about the sweet Could we go one? Can we have a sweepstake about a sweep tak? Not really? It's the most followed athlete on Instagram, Alon o Mar is that right? Or the most followed rugby player on Instagram? I suppose next is going to be a room a woman's run it straight? And they talked about that, having a sweepstake about what the sweeps say. Everyone had a lot of chance to look at the text, but there seems to be quite on the coming. And I'll get a bing bong in my ear and I'll tell you what, I've always got tentatists with all the bing bong going on in my ear the sweepsteak about what the sweepstake's going to be about? Oh yeah, what else would you do on a Friday fantasy? I mean the desperation? Should there be another flag refreendom? Goodness me, Liz, welcome.
Speaker 14: A sweet steak about sweepstakes about sweepsteaks.
Speaker 2: You can't go three otherwise? How would we do that? How would we do the third level.
Speaker 9: Well, you just get people to tell you all about the sweep steaks.
Speaker 2: Their opinion of it. Yeah, okay, is that what you want to do?
Speaker 13: Well, No, that's what I thought it might be.
Speaker 2: No, that's almost too meta for me. The sweet say about the sweep day, about sweep steak. But thank you, Liz. I'll get to the texts. Chris says, Is it about the price of butter because of the Costco butter thing? I'm not sure, although I did hear people in the media voicing their concerned when they live in Hoka Ticker and they're paying more for butter than the people shopping at Costco, even though the butter they buy a Hoka ticker, the butter at Costco is made a Hooka ticker and shipped all the way to Auckland and sold by Costco, and it's cheaper than what they can buy it for. And they live in the same beautiful little town on the railway right by the factory where they make it. How would you feel, well, bloody Jeffers, Bloody jeff is getting cheaper butter than us. Yeah, I'd like to just feel a one cagey block of butter. I'd just like to see what it's I've never seen one. I've never seen a cagey block. I guess it's just like a block of soft cheese. Anyway, get in touch. My name is Marcus. Welcome, oh eighteen hundred eighty ten eighty to a lot of suggestions for the sweep steak. About the sweep steak. I'm going to read them all because of very good is the sweep steak? On whether Russell should be renamed Marcus? Whatever drugs you're on? Can I have some loll sweepstakes? About a sweepstake? Dave Carpety never get tired of hearing Jennifer Russia a master of intrigued. This will hit the roof, well done, knoll sweep steak?
Speaker 15: Who will?
Speaker 2: Who will? When run it? The price of butt in a month when a snail will reappear on Marcus's car? Marcus, I guess the sweepstake is an unbretending go media stadium. Are they more Auckland FC or Warrior fans? It's a good thing. It's a sweepsteak. About what the sweepsteak will be? About the sweepstake? Not quite the approval rating of the government budget, the next, colmar Brunton, Marcus, it's so obvious. It's the opening of the Bluff Oyster season. You are teasing the audience. How could you have a sweepsteak about the opening of a festival. Actually, the weather might be all right in Bluff tomorrow. There's a few camp evans. I saw. I was in the post office today, the calm before the storm, Marcus. Is a sweepstake about the number of times the word sweepsteak was used prior to the sweepstake starting not any things is about the opening of the railway workshop. The thing about a sweep steak, it's normally people, Yeah, Marcus, just texting on the sweep steak. On the sweepstake. The sweep steak will clearly be on. It can only be on how many times the word sweepsteak is mentioned on the show tonight. If so, I've re lost count on the word sweep steak, but I'm putting my guests on the sweep steak, not the sweepstake, on the sweepstake, but the main sweep steak at five, six, nine times, Marcus is a sweep steak on the name of the person who takes the sweep steak and someone says, run it straight Winston versus crusher Collins. No, but get in touch if you think you can work out what that is. Oh, it's coming in bed tomorrow. It's the end of the month. Thanks for that snow and wind thirty first of May, first of June the long range weather for bluff. That's that is King's birthday, is it? I think King's birthdays early this year? Twelve ten The Highlanders lead the Crusaders. Twelve ten. The Crusaders have led for the first fifty minutes, so now they're ahead. And tonight there is a sweep steak and I'm having a sweepstak to see if you can guess what the sweep steak is about. I wish I had done it about the price of butter, but I couldn't work out because that would be too imprecise. I mean, we all know we should be. It should be Soviet like the government should dictate the price of butter, and it should be in the budget, and it should be fixed around the country like petrel on. Petrol's not fixed at it. Once upon a time it was. If you've got a suggestion on what the sweep steak will be about let me know, Marcus is a sweep steak on whether they will be any oysters for the Bluff Oyster Festival this weekend. Mary, I think what they do. Look, I don't know this, I'm not involved in the Ouster festival in any way. I think they go out and get a lot of oysters and just leave them in the harbor and just on the sea, I don't know what, in pots or in vessels with boys attached and just pull them up. I think that's what they do, so they will have them, although I see Edmondson saying in the paper today that they're going out tomorrow to get them. But yeah, I think they're probably slightly better organized than that. Marcus. It would be for run it. If we've got Marcaus, I'd be up to run it. If we've got to set with politicians, this is a good idea, actually run it with politicians. Jerry Brownie versus David Seymour, Judith Collins against Chloe swarbrick SIDEI congrats to Spurs on the Europa League title first one and forty two years. Someone stole my idea, but different participants. As I was typing or don't you hate that? But it's not about butter. It's not about the Costco thing, and it's not about run It just shows you what the country has become. This week's This week's news has been dominated by run it and butter at Costco. If I've seen one article about butter at Costco, I've seen a hundred. In fact, I'm meaning to walk next week I might cue for butter. I don't even like butter. Although apparently on that show with money from Master Chef they must be doing some around New Zealand show they made mashed potatoes with a pound of butter in it. Can you imagine that? Probably delicious? He'd be good at run at Marnow, would he?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Eight eight eight? I'm looking for suggestions if anyone knows what tonight's sweepsteak is about. If you like, it's the sweepsteak on the sweep steak, so get in touch. If you've got any guesses for that. What do you think it will be about? It's not about the football and it's not about the women's rugby. And if you think what we've always done, what do we have? We got a list of what we've always done? A sweepstake on in the past, Dan, I think we've done someone who would sing the national anthem, and we had a recomplicated one with the women at the women's score for the Women's Football World Cup. I think, oh, in the top four in order of the World Cup in twenty nineteen. That worked quite well, didn't it, Because lots of variations then, I mean, most of the joys, most of the joys of a sweepsteak are explaining the rules to people or making up the rules as you go. That's what I find. Anyway. I don't think you'll take the whole night the sweepstake, but after the rugby finishes, if people wanted to get on here, I would imagine. Of course, it was an amazing article about those people driving onto the airport at the channels, wasn't it what a lot of every one of the guys was a pet islander had come across. But yeah, I'm amazing that kind of justice reached as far as that island. Anyway, I was just reading that before I come on you tonight. We are talking about what the sweepstak's going to be about. This would be a great test for your wisdom people. I think you'll enjoy it. Twelve to ten, by the way, the Hollanders lead twelve minutes left to go. This is over the Crusaders, this is against form people. Good evening, Warren, the Warren Commission. There you going good, Thank.
Speaker 9: You, Warren.
Speaker 10: I think it'll be on.
Speaker 3: Whether we should have a referend him on the flaground.
Speaker 6: But come up with it.
Speaker 2: There'd only be two. There'd only be yes, and they would be the only two things in the sweep site that way, would they?
Speaker 13: Oh yes, right, yeah, Oh well, I'm not going to say anything else.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you coming through the Warren Commission, and it's Marcus. Good evening and the green Gables welcome.
Speaker 16: Thank you. I'm ringing up about I heard you talking about oysters. Yes, I absolutely adore oysters. And I saw when I was making up my order that you could get these things called trident in a little box smoked oysters. Oh my god. They were absolutely ghastly. They were like tiny, little about as big as my thumb, half my thumb, brown, shrunken flavors things in and it's got on in vegetable oil, horble. So just I don't even know how they could even call the oisters. They didn't taste the oysters, they didn't feel like oysters. Absolutely don't buy them.
Speaker 2: Have you tried the tin muscles in that same range? I thought they were all right.
Speaker 16: I haven't tried muscles that i've after my experience with oysters. I mean they ran into oysters. They were brown, and there were horrible flavor, nothing like real oysters.
Speaker 2: But that was But that would have surprised you when that there were three dollars at ten and it like forty dollars a dozen. I would imagine I.
Speaker 16: Can't remember how much they were, but that they just didn't have anything that reminded me one bid So I thought I just warned people.
Speaker 2: Did you finish them?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 16: I checked them out to the birds.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you should be the oysters to the birds. Maybe you should thank you. Therefore that and are twelve ten highlands over the Crusaders. It's the last nine minutes, and this is a desperation for the Crusaders. Although I think a penalty has just got a kick. A penalties just got against them. I'm not entirely sure that, but that's a look on the players faces. Jason, it's Marcus Hello.
Speaker 17: Good being Marcus, How are you tonight?
Speaker 2: Good? Thank you? Jason.
Speaker 17: Just thought I would rung up and just talk about the Southerner. I went on last weekend and here it's just been announced again to run again and lave weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't quite work out why they're doing that, the charge, the changing and hamor the league for it, aren't they?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 17: Yeah, well I was quite well patronized. Lots of people on it from yeah, I suppose a good spread from children on it. Children jumped on and tomrow and headed down to zoons the day and then hit back again in the afternoon. Yes, and there's some older people who yeah, who I suppose we liver in the younger days of riding Southern.
Speaker 2: There how many carriages.
Speaker 17: There was one senate class, which is where you get on board on boards, and there's a cafe car and there was about three other scene carriages the outdoor observation car too, so it's probably about seven in total carriage car and baggage.
Speaker 2: Did you go up and back?
Speaker 17: I went up on the Saturday and came back down on the Monday morning. Okay, Yeah, it was very good. It was lots of people on board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and upsets me that they're indicating to people like they might be bringing it back. But I think there's nowhere in the world that will bring it back.
Speaker 17: I don't think they know, not in this current form anyway. But I deal for you have some railcars. They they were scripping on the rail rather than the locomotive hauled carriages, because a locomotive is primary designed for hauling holding freight. So and of course, yeah, in comparison to rail car. I had the privilege of riding Arium thirty one from Pior Tour and it was down in South Island, oh yes, earlier last year. And yeah, and I sort of regard it as the Red Rocket because it was very very fast on the rail line because I rode it to Arthur's Pass and then we came back on the bus and the rail car got back before the bus got back too.
Speaker 2: Quite okay, nice for Jason thinks. Then Chris has come through the most boring or cringey talkback subjects year to date. I'm not quite sure if that the Southerner I agree the budget I agree cheese rolls calls offering to sing on their poems, children being prompted to ring by their parents. Well, that's not a sweepstake thing, is it. By the way, I didn't see the supercars were coming to New Zend and I couldn't quite order christ Church. I didn't really read. I saw that was on the rundown of what the earlier shows were about.
Speaker 18: Christ Church.
Speaker 2: Christ Church Supercars. Is it like a street circuit or like Rapoona? Oh it's Rapoona, So that's not the streets? Oh? Is that kind of interesting? I don't know. Christ Church to host supercars for the first time, rpoon and Raceway and Topau locked until twenty twenty eight. Oh, the redheads in the South Island were like, that had give them somewhere to go to just fifteen kys with the city Rpooona Raceway, We'll bring supercars to christ Church, a city steeped in motorsport culture now ready for its biggest ever event. Am I right in thinking that supercars have seen their day now that they're not making cars in Australia? Is that not right? I think I might be right with that one. But let me know about that twelve or sorry about gone and gosh show up with the trained person too cheapest? Yes, yes, we all know about what the money was spent on. Yes, hijack topic creep Marcus, I love the little smoked oysters. I put on a cracker to eat. Well, I've always quite like those tinned ones. Actually, the sweepstake could be if mister Luxon had here, what would it be like red like his kids, or curly long to his sold shoulders, or a mullet, black brown or blonde or brindle? Your topic creep there, Well it's someone on with a tenor voicters. Next thing, you know, it's the Southerner. When that's how nicta Rader gets the audience bakers talk about the Southern I'll tell you that now, good evening, Bob, it's Marcus.
Speaker 13: Welcome, you're sweet state thing Marcus. I was just having a guest. Maybe it'll be who's going to be leading the National Party in the ex general election?
Speaker 2: Wow? You think we go there?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's I kin't wonder if the tides changed on that, has it? What are you hearing on the street?
Speaker 13: Oh well, we're just listening to what people are saying lately in that they don't think he's got to be running it and they want to get one of those ladies that are in the Parliament to running the party.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm not going to do that on a Friday night though, but thank you, Bob. It's a good suggestion. These are all very good suggestions for a sweepstake. Actually, good evening, Phil Marcus, welcome you market going good PHILP.
Speaker 12: I heard your comment before about the supercars, and I agree with you. I think it kind of has one. It's of course, there was a lot more heart and pride when the cars were my heir, you know, and something's been taken away from it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone these days seems to follow Formula one, or they seem to follow Scott Dixon.
Speaker 12: And yes, and all that time in what's.
Speaker 2: The other one? There's what? There's two indies in the NASCAR, they seem to because the coverage is so good.
Speaker 12: Yes, well, even even to the extent where some of the most famous drivers that we've ever known, Shane van Gisberg and are doing drifting and indies and NASCAR all of it are not even they don't even want to be a part of the industry, you know what I'm saying, because it's it's boring to them. Now there's no pride.
Speaker 2: Did they kill it or is it just because they don't make Holden's in Australia anymore.
Speaker 12: I think it's the manufacturing side of things, and I do believe that that just kind of basically buzz towards the whole thing. You know, there was a real there was something really good about, you know, racing a car that your country built, you know, And I don't know, I think that you've got American cars, now you've got Erebus, Mercedes. How the hell did they get in there? That's Europea. I just I just think that the kind of overdid it, especially with the manufacturer introductions, I think, and now it's just gone.
Speaker 2: Maybe they just tried. Maybe they just sucked Christen to them and sold them a dud. Yeah, well I hope, I hope not.
Speaker 12: I wanted to stay around too. I like my vent supercar all that type of stuff, and it's really good for New Zealand and Australian races, especially up and cameras and stuff, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Hope, yes, just coming out there at the NFFL, thank you for that. Nice to hear from you. By the way, the Crusaders have when fifteen to twelve we've got the Western Force against the Warritars. That happens tonight. Get in touch. My name is Marcus. Welcome. I enjoyed you muchly tonight that hour the sweepstake on that no one's known what the sweepstakes about. You have another guest before I think we'll start at the next hour, Marcus is the sweepstak. Will Trump do something stupid before the end of the show. It is not that. And this day and the year two thousand the Marshall mads LP came out, which we all owned. I'm sure it's amazing how big Marshall ma our eminem is to the children. They know all of it. I think it's through fortnite. He's e very well to keep his profile alive. He's good with the words, I suppose too. So the response has been over good. We're having a sweepstake to see what the sweep steak tonight sweep steak is going to be about. We've rereally do a sweep steak. I've always thought the sweep steak was the best in of a Friday night show that didn't have their heart in it. So I've never done a guess the score. I've never thought that was worthwhile. But we've done a couple of sweepstakes, probably one every five years. There will be one tonight, and it will be somewhat different. But I'm wondering if you can guess what the sweep steak is about. It will be about something topical, and it will have enough different outcomes. It's not just a yes, no one. It probably will take the hour, it might go longer than that. Actually, factually, good evening, Susan, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 7: Oh hello.
Speaker 14: I think the sweepsteak is about the new game that people are running into each other.
Speaker 2: And how would that work? When's it going to be banned? Or who's going to win it? Or how would it be?
Speaker 9: I think it's going to be banned.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but if we had a sweepsteak on that, how would that sweep stake work. That's just kind of what I'm wondering. I have no idea, no, no, nor do why Okay, Well, Susan, I appreciate you coming through. It's actually not about that. It won't be about running. I think someone else suggested that. I think run it's here to stay. The people seem to have loved it. If there's money to be made, people will continue to do it and promote it that we might take on run it. So it's not run it. It's not the color of Luxen's here if you had it. It's not about the price of butter in a month, Marcus. The sweepsteak has how many different topics people will have guessed tonight before, say ten pm. That's not right, although it's good, Marcus. I love my oysters. My family used to know where I wanted to go for my birthday did It used to be Valentin's All you Can Eat was a joke. We got kicked out because I took the big bowl that the oyster's coming back to my table. Were kicked out twice. This is why people say I have a titanium stomach. I see that Valentine is still around. I was seeing something on social media. A couple of though to do that. They're Valentines. There's no marbles. That was my take on that one. Anyway, get in touch you want to predict the sweep steak. Oh eight hundred and eighty fifteen twelve the Heart the Crusaders have beaten the Highlanders. There you go by the way. The Valentines. How many are there? Not a very good website. I hope to do a Hamilton Monaco Hornby north Shore sweepstake subject how many people get booted from the RSA van on Saturday night. I think they'll take everyone. I think they'll take everyone. They're a tough duo that do it. It's the only showing bluff the RSA after dark, I would imagine. I think it's only opened two nights a week, Friday and Saturday. The chippy there is quite good to TJ's. If you're on the bluff and finding yourself hungry, could seem to like it. I think they do loaded fries whatever that is, or chicken salt. Is a sweepstake on either the breakup of Fonterra to bring down the domestic dairy price. Yeah, I hope that happens. Or where will dest these Church's new location be? No, not quite, Marcus. The Warriors will beat the Raiders on Sunday score twenty four eighteen. If they do, they'll go to the top of the table because I think the Bulldog had lost last night, so of course they've got Crichton's out. What a legend he is. Evening Reagan. Marcus, welcome, you're Marcus.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 19: I think the soulf sweet sake. I think your Mary party and what the going to be a.
Speaker 2: Number of days at the compromised number of days?
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad idea. You do know. I have got something in mind that I'm not just waiting for the best one and saying yes. Though. Do you trust me on that, don't you?
Speaker 18: I'm not sure. Actually, you're just putting your feelers out there and seeing what comes in.
Speaker 2: No, I've actually got something, but I'll let you know before too long. Marcus. There is the sweepstake on how long it will be before Pepper Pick will have another brother or sister. Loll yeah, funny, I'll show Pepper Pig. It's slightly compelling. I'm not quite sure about the backstory of Pepper Pig. I've watched a fair bit of that as a father of the young when they were younger. Anyway, By the way, the Crusaders are top of the Super Rugby table now played thirteen one ten. I presume that's updated, and the Highland is a bottom, so it was top versus the bottom, so there's a fairly consistent I mean, it was a good game. Harness could have won that, but the Crusaders they've played thirteen one ten fans have hung around for a long long time. I've heard people in the car parks saying, it's still trying to get out. I've experienced that car park with the Harlem globe trotters for the poorly behaved kid. Wasn't good, Marcus. Is the sweepstake about when Briscoes will have another sale lull? Don't you love a lull? Marcus? Very specific? But is the sweepstake about what position Scott Dixon will finish in the ndy five hundred? Marcus? Is it about kids with rich parents not getting the doll? No, it's not. Theresch A lot of sport this weekend, a league Black Ferns, Chiefs Onana pacifica Rooster, Sharks and Nicks versus Paces. Wow, that what a ridiculous match that was. Are we getting another rocket launch pad to be built somewhere in New Zealand? Anyway? Do get in touched. My name is Marcus. Welcome if you think you know what the sweepsteak is for, and then we'll kick it off because it's going to be a cracker. I hope with all the type, I hope you don't underwhelmed by it. It'd be a worry. Is it a sweepsteak about the Warriors? Or how tall will Baron Trump be by the end of the year. Shamey's not sporty because I mean he should be playing basketball or something. I think he's into crypto, isn't he? The whole family's into grift. Jean Marcus good evening.
Speaker 8: Oh hi Marcus, is your seat steak about next week's state of origin?
Speaker 2: I'll be good if it was, wouldn't I haven't thought about that. No, it's not because I wouldn't. It wouldn't be about the square. Wud be the first time someone got sent off? Wouldn't it for it? On rest? Welsh's not in it, is he? No, it's not about that, Gene. So here we go and tell you what the sweepsteak is, and there will be a prize. I'm not sure what the prize is yet, but we will get something for the winner, because we don't even give away a prize, but just to make it exciting, there will be a prize for the winner of the sweepstake, and the sweepstake is and it's quite exciting. I think you're going to find this quite exciting. So you already now the National Emergency Management Agency NIEMA have said that the latest test for the testing of New Zealand's emergency mobile alert system has been announced. It will take place on Sunday May twenty five. That's this Sunday between seven, sorry, between six and seven pm. Now, bearing in mind last time it came through at six seventeen, So this year's sweepsteak is and you'll know because we're all going to get at the same time. This year's sweepsteak is what time between six and seven you think the alert will come through? We'll all get them. The only proviso for that is the Warriors are playing at Go Medium Ounts Smart and it'll be exciting if everyone there gets the alert while they're in even like the guy Shuavarsa, the guy does this show you. That will be fun. So the Warriors play there that week and I think the kickoff is at six oh five. So the question to you is what time do you think urgency alert will go out? It's sometime between six pm and seven PM. So there's sixty slots. Ring up will take you to war then we'll put you back on air and you give Dan your phone number and you have your guess. I would imagine the first slots to go will be the six oh one, six oh six O six oh one, six oh two, six oh three, six o four, six oh five because of the warriors. I'm not quite sure if those units at civil defense are involved, think about sport or warriors or stuff like that. Also, so I've got sixty slots for your prediction, So tell us what time it is and tell us your reason. I'm Dan, I want to slot. I'm going six seventeen, same as last year, six seventeen, same as last year. There will be a prize. I'm not quite sure what the prize will be. Let me get a spreadsheet. Am I supposed to put the spreadsheet and know? I'm just going to watch it to see that everything's been taken. Okay, I don't even need pen in this. Don't even bring a pen to work. Gary, It's Marcus, Welcome and good evening. You're first off the rank. Okay, this is like what's the show with the bags they do on TV? It's in the big deal or no deal. It's like that, isn't it?
Speaker 13: What deal?
Speaker 18: Though?
Speaker 13: I are you six nineteen?
Speaker 2: Reason?
Speaker 13: Just two minutes?
Speaker 18: So running two minutes late.
Speaker 2: Laura, so close to six seventeen? You reckon six seventeen? Is the kind of the the that's coming ready? Yeah, that's the standard they've set themselves to just be a couple of minutes late.
Speaker 10: Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Gary, Gosh, it's going to be hard for me to keep this interesting, is it? When people bring up Mike with a K Mike good evening and welcome. I can tell you good, thanks, Mike.
Speaker 18: Good good. I'm going to go six thirty six.
Speaker 15: Please.
Speaker 2: It's going to make it interesting when it comes through, isn't it.
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 18: And my reason is because last time on the first half hour, so I'll say this time I want to test it on the chicken half.
Speaker 2: Of course too, like the as the hand goes up. But you'll be excited. You've got a mobile, you'll be waiting for that when it comes through.
Speaker 18: Ye, I'll be watching the Warriors, so yep, we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: We'll be next to me and you'll have remembered the guests. You don't need to write it on your hand or anything.
Speaker 18: No, no, I got it yet. Six thirty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, brilliant. Okay, so the numbers have gone are six seventeen, six nineteen and six thirty six. Brilliant. The fon fonts are different size, Dan, is it a problem? Gary got a little tiny font? Gary's got a tiny font. Oh, there we go. That's better. Who six seventeen, six nineteen, six thirty six. No one's got six o'clock. It's gonna be exciting the worries if everyone gets a tack and they sure it'll be exciting and the commentators could make a laugh, couldn't they? Gain or Marcus welcome.
Speaker 10: Hi Marca.
Speaker 5: I'm going six twelve. Really, I think they'll want it sort of pretty quickly. Okay, there's no other actual reason, but but yeah, that's how I'm thinking. The water out the way early, and you know, people want us to have they don't want to be bothered by that. Well, I mean, it's a good thing to have, we need it. But yep, that's what I'm going for six twelve.
Speaker 2: As I tried and reverse, I can't, for the life of me think why they went six seventeen last year exactly? Gain what we what happened the other year. I think people should be having tex slurt parties. I mean it's a good way to get us sort of familiar with something that's actually quite a serious thing while we're getting text. Is it for a tsunami? I'm not what you're wired is? By the way, the numbers have gone US six thirty six, six nineteen, six seventeen and six twelve or Gloria Gaynor twenty seven away from ten Valens Marcus welcome.
Speaker 19: That's it? Cal okay, Carl undergone six three three as in the movie Sex three three Squadron. I can't want to have gone six month seven, which was The Damn Busters.
Speaker 2: But he already claimed that what hang on? How's that the Damn Busters.
Speaker 19: Six month seven Squadron?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, of course, okay, yep, yep, yep, yep, copy yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 19: So I predicted the Sex three three after the booby to the Sex three three squads.
Speaker 2: He never managed to remake that, did the old the key we filmmaker. He was supposed to remake The Damnusters, wasn't he?
Speaker 18: I can't.
Speaker 2: He was going to do what he had. He had Stephen Fry working on the script. They had the controversy over what to call the dog. It was all happening and we and it never happened.
Speaker 19: That's right because the original one they renamed it trigger, yes, which people come to you was it too, because apparently there was some praise Cowboy's Horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they couldn't call it the N word and they never got beyond that and they never had it made. It was Peter Jackson, that's right.
Speaker 19: Yeah, because I needed the original movie the fifties of city doing that came there. That's quite n You have seen that one, and that one they had to change their name as well.
Speaker 2: Did we get to did you go? Did you go? Dambusters?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: Did you go? What were you going? That's very free, which is what.
Speaker 19: The movie six three pre Squadron, Oh yeah, which was about a flight of mosquito trying to take a target in Germany.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Okay, then we're going to know you knew as war movies, isn't he? Well, no one's gone the first nine minutes. I thought that'd be the pick, the pick of them. Actually, what time with the emergency mobile at test message to be sent on Sunday anytime between six zero if I was them. Oh, i'd keep them waiting right to the end. Someone wants to enough. There should be a slot for no go like it fails fail to fire. I'm not quite sure about that. Oh, we's my spreadsheet, wismos spread o. Pet Marcus, welcome, go on six oh one. What's it to be, Pet, it's going to be six thirsty six. That late. That's the latest there's been any reason.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: That's late, but it's going to be halftime at the Warriors game.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a very good thought. Okay, that's a really good thought. Okay, you appreciate that, Pet, she's putting some thinking in it. Never thought about halftime is because I know when half time it's full time. They might know about because we could go and it could go to golden goal or golden point. There'll be other stuff on as well. So Pat's the only one in that last ten minutes. There's no one in the first ten minutes, but the middle is quite well taken up. Warren Marcus welcome.
Speaker 8: Hi Marcus.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm doing the same thing as the lady is just on at six forty five.
Speaker 2: Actually, you go straight on the halftime whistle almost day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was forty minutes, so half half half of halftime.
Speaker 2: Yep, I like that middle of halftime, Warren, thank you, they'll be exciting to it. Ericson, you won't gets the beep going on? Brilliant, brilliant. Let's hope there's not a quake or something terrible happens in that hour. That would be terrible, wouldn't it. That'd be every civil defense emergency person's nightmare that during the hour for the test, some catastrophe happens. Oh, it's just a test, it's just a drill. No, it's not a drill. This is really happening. Do it's Marcus welcome? Hi is Marcus, Yes, this is the guest. This is the emergency.
Speaker 15: Yes, Marcus.
Speaker 20: Hi, I'm saying seven and it's past six.
Speaker 2: I thought ye say seven o'clock or that was radical, No, seven past seven six. I see you're down for that. D any reason? Not too late?
Speaker 7: Oh you my favorite number seven?
Speaker 2: So brilliant like that a lot? That's nothing. I mean, you can bring your favorite number. And by the way, my favorite number is not seventeen. Helen. Marcus welcome.
Speaker 14: Oh yes, I reckon, it'll be about six thirty.
Speaker 18: Reason I've just think it's a good I got time.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know why I did six seventeen last time. You're down for it, Helen, thank you. Six thirty for Helen. No one's between that eighteen twenty eighteen thirty half hour apart from Helen. But that's down the next one. Move Marcus, welcome, you're Marcus.
Speaker 8: I'm saying seven twenty five.
Speaker 2: Really it only we only go between six and six seven o'clock.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, well, well six twenty five then.
Speaker 2: Perfect, that's Lo's yours. They'd move, you're on it. And then at Jennifer it's Marcus welcome, you're there.
Speaker 16: Yep, yeah, six eighteen wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's because I do it a minute after last time. That whole slot the same. Yeaes six seventeen the number for me, So six seventeen, six eighteen, six nineteen is all gone. That's the only flow we've got so far, Gene. Three in a row, they're gone, wow, wow, it's looking good. The spreadsheet. Jeepers, creepers, Jean, Marcus, welcome, Hi there now, Gene, what time on the hour would you like for the alert to go off?
Speaker 14: I'll go six fifteen.
Speaker 2: I can't believe people aren't going in the first ten minutes, six fifteen. That's down for that gene that yours? Okay, yep, brilliant, thank you for that. You we're filling it up. Get your numbers and they won't last forever. That's a good one. Fail to fire is like betting on zero or green and roulette. A lot of people are texting in with their area code. You've really got to ring in for this one. But I liking area codes. Oh, that's it, that's the that's the prize, Dan, Dan, you're not the prizes. The prizes five kilos of butter, okay, okay, and I'll go to costcos to get it. And if we can't, it's five kilos of butter. People, of course it should have been Why not thought of that? Is that enough? Do you have to text the COEO to see if we get ten kilos? We have to get a chili bin descended, and won't we have to carry it? They'll be hard for Anne Marie. It'll be an amount of butter, probably ten kilos. No, I think it's got to arrive at the door. Yeah, we'll get the we'll get the butter. What do I want to yes, we'll seend the local promo team to get We'll send the Zenium Thunders to get it. Does our staff live out near Costco? Probably most of them? May I think Nathan Rai's out that way. Anyway, we'll get someone. So that's five or ten kilograms of butter is the prize. So now we've got some takers. I mean, it was full board anyway. I can't believe it took me so long to think of that. Of course, that's the love language of us. All now is just butter, isn't it? Should we text the boss now?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I think probably that's that's Captain's cool. I think we can. I think we can. Yeah we can. He'll say, yes, we can do it. How much longer is the butter going to be cheap at Costco?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, even if it's the last leader, it's bringing people in, isn't It's so I'm going to go to buy my coffin. They still sell coffins? Have they? What a giant beers? Okay? Okay, never been to Costco? Then I got to walk to the next week, so I'll be going. I'll be there on the third, I think, so I'll probably go and sign up and get the butter. Just not quite sure how to get a home on the bus. Not the bus all the way to Bluff but into Graham Street for the studio. Well, I take the social media team, get in touch if you've got your prediction. Oh wait, undel eighty Tenadian nine two nine to the text. So ten kilograms of butter or five kilograms is the prize, and you've got to guess. And if you're vegan, we'll send you the money or will send your nuts. We won't send your nuts, but will send you the equivalent cost of cashews or something. And if you're a nut fobe and vegan, we'll just send you the money. Right, So ten kilograms of butter is the prize for the person that guesses what time the alert will come through. They've said will between six and seven on Sunday. We're beside ourselves. Someone said, Marcus, if I would, will you send an autograph of you as well? Has to be lamented. I think that's laminated, is it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: It is it is lamented. Hey, just before I get back to the numbers, could some people text me if faith because all the lines are taken up, do they think would ten kilograms of butter be too much for people because you'd have to your fridge couldn't handle it. If you wanted to prize, what would be a reasonable amount of butter to win? Because you can put in your freezer. But we've got a tiny freezer. I mean, I'm not gonna win its. Well, I could win it myself. But if I win it, obviously I'm not going to keep the butter. But yeah, it should it be five or ten kgs of butter. What do you think should be the answer to that? I don't appear to get too much butter that they end up hardening their arteries or something. I suppose you always give it away. Just get the Facebook community page de Remarcus.
Speaker 21: Welcome, Hello, how are you tonight?
Speaker 2: Would ten kgs of butter be too much for you?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Excellently, So five would be a better prize.
Speaker 21: I definitely think five would be a better prize. Okay, okay, unless it's super soft.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, it might be super soft by the time it arrives. What's your time dinner?
Speaker 21: Six? Five? Two?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 13: Yep?
Speaker 2: It's going to be a long hour for you waiting for your beef, isn't it?
Speaker 9: Ummm?
Speaker 21: No, no, that's just that's just our birthdays aside the three of us.
Speaker 2: So okay, brilliant, Okay, how could is your birthdays edit together?
Speaker 21: No, one's on the sixth ones, once on the six onths on the tist and one is on the second.
Speaker 2: Ye okay, thirteen. But you think you debrah, she's just five pounds of butter. Maybe when you're ask you how much you want, you have five or ten CAGs. It's bias, it's biased choice, winner's choice, and we you normally go to say, we could use your photo for publicity purposes, but we won't have you holding up ten cages of butter an your phone alert.
Speaker 14: Hell go oh hi, I've written fives.
Speaker 2: Please okay, yep, okay, I.
Speaker 14: Really can write on six pm because people are waiting for the news and down for the night.
Speaker 2: They'll be just sitting sitting down to watch Richard and Judy with the bowl of super The textill come through, okay.
Speaker 14: Six the TV? Yeah, six o'class on the.
Speaker 2: Dot and you're a five kg a ten kg?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well I could share it around, but my son lives in the caravan. They don't have a big broach. I have a big freezer. It's hardly in the in the thing and food.
Speaker 2: But you're you're a door knocker, aren't you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I can share it with my neighbors, says forty six Indian neighbors here, forty Indian neighbors here on my complex from.
Speaker 2: How because the G is a different thing, though, wasn't it. They use G, don't they?
Speaker 14: Oh for some things that they use. Butter they like, but they're modern on the beread. What people they have it.
Speaker 2: They could clarify it for just to clarify, okay, Helga, Helga's ten kg, but she could clarify it with the neighbors. I don't know what G is. I just remember the just so stories when they ran round around the circles and tuned into gee nine away from ten. When we're halfway through to the numbers, because it might be hard for you to work out which numbers are free, desiree. It's Marcus, welcome, Hi two brilliant, it's yours? Yes, five or ten kgs of butter? You got a deep chest freezer?
Speaker 9: Yes, I'd rather have the money.
Speaker 2: Would you really, desiree?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, really.
Speaker 9: I don't need the butter.
Speaker 2: No one needs the butter. But it's just what we're all talking about. Okay, just for you, just for you, the money, the money on the bag, desiree. Good on you, deser I appreciate your moxy. Yeah, Dezere, he wants the money. I lot butter. Everyone wanted butter. But it's it's it's costco butter. Graham. Hello, Marcus Graham, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 13: Yes, so I would say six twelve brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's a good time. It's already gone. Gain has got that.
Speaker 22: Oh okay, well I'll make it six thirteen brilliant.
Speaker 2: That's an next one. Okay, you're doing Gain or engine. How much butter? Would you like? Graham?
Speaker 22: I think ten kg would be able to share it around the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay you could? You could you managed to disseminate that distribute that.
Speaker 13: Oh yes, brilliant, Good on you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your sense of adventure there with ten kgs. I want it on the radio, guessing what time the alert would come through, you know, Tommy, Tommy, you're good, Tommy, welcome.
Speaker 3: I reckon. I mean I speak for a lot of people. I reckon. Everybody's after the ten kg and I'm going to do six twenty seven, and you.
Speaker 2: Want the whole lot, the whole shooting match.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I was thinking, why don't I, Why don't I give I'll give five kg to the people above and below me and I'll take I give you four four kg to the people above and below me, and I'll take one two kg.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 13: Is that.
Speaker 15: God?
Speaker 2: That's generous?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So suddenly six twenty six and six twenty eight, yep, become better numbers because you've got streak, because even if it comes one number less, you're getting better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, got to give.
Speaker 2: Away, that's tom Dan. Can we accommodate that? We can't go on your spreadsheet though, can you? Gets brilliant, Tommy. So you want to get two kilograms and the people either side will get four? That sounds good, that's Tommy at six twenty seven people. So suddenly six twenty six and six twenty eight you got like you've got like a consolation chance. Gosh, has there ever been such a complicated sweep steak? Marcus? How about if people want the money, they get the equivalent of five kilograms of butter. If they want the butter, they get ten kgs Marcus, Sorry, it was meant to be laminated. All this talk a butter has gone straight to my hips. Ten kg. You would be great, Thank you, Marcus. I can she with my far now from Christine, butter can be frozen. Evening Payments Marcus welcome.
Speaker 9: Hi, Hi Marcus. I'd like six twenty three?
Speaker 14: Is it gone?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: That's next to desiree. Who wants the money? That's Pam five ten Cag's a butter for you.
Speaker 10: Pem Oh, i'd like the ten cake.
Speaker 13: Lots of bacy, brilliant.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite thing to bake?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: What's my favorite thing?
Speaker 10: Apple shortcake?
Speaker 2: Sounds beautiful? Thank you. Pem might chuck some apples into the mix as well. Evening k Marcus welcome.
Speaker 11: I'm Marcus.
Speaker 23: My time as six fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Oh what.
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 2: Are you a baker?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 11: My husband does the bacon in our house?
Speaker 2: What's this? What's his specialty?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh anything?
Speaker 10: He makes?
Speaker 11: Lots of lovely things? Oh Leomon marine shortcake?
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 2: So would you be would you be ten kg's or five kgs? How much butter?
Speaker 11: Way take the ten cave before we can share it?
Speaker 2: So we can share it. Of course they can share it. Hello, Sarah welcome, Thanks for hanging over the news to Sarah, what's your number? Please?
Speaker 9: I reckon six so nine.
Speaker 2: That's a great guess. You're a ten kger of five kg person. You got a chest freezer.
Speaker 14: I've just bought a freezer and pick it up on tomorrow. So on tenk?
Speaker 2: Wow? Did you buy the freezer for the butter?
Speaker 14: No, I'm not that quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, good on you, Sarah. Thank you Sarah ten eight sixteen or eighteen six six six o nine she was too. That's right, Tracy, Marcus welcome, thanks for calling.
Speaker 9: Hey Marcus six oh five.
Speaker 18: Thanks Sere.
Speaker 2: You think that's what I would have picked if I hadn't picked sixty seventeen by panicked five or ten kg's a butter?
Speaker 6: Ten wow?
Speaker 2: He said that quickly. You got a freezer? Yeah, so you freezer and just use it when you need it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I love butter.
Speaker 2: So yeah really well that how long would you think? Ten kg? Said? Last year?
Speaker 9: Oh we were, but yeah, I have it instead of sauces.
Speaker 10: So yep.
Speaker 2: I'd be excited you to know that all that's in the freezer, all we got ten k or use it lavishly brilliant, Tracy, You're in gosh, it's filling up people, Kathleen, good evening, welcome, Oh.
Speaker 7: You could evening, Marcus.
Speaker 19: Could I see six fourteen please?
Speaker 2: Six one four?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please now that whole blot. That's a very that there's only the years. That's gosh. We've got Gainer at six twelve, Gram at six thirteen, You at six fourteen, Geen at six fifteen, Me at six eveneen, Jennifer at six eighteen. Garrett's it's really filling up that time. It's not Kathleen, how much butter would you like?
Speaker 7: Could I have the ten please?
Speaker 15: I have a big family.
Speaker 2: Oh well, thank you? Yeah, no, no, no sweat for that, Kathleen. That's coming your way through the winner. We won't be quibbling about that. You pick five or ten, depending on because some people could it could be overpowering to get ten. Cagi's a butter. People could go into a sense of panic, like having to cook and stuff Jenus, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 11: Oh hello, I'm going to enter your competition.
Speaker 2: Please, yes, that would be delightful. Have you have you got a time in mind? Jenis I have?
Speaker 11: I'm thinking fifty three, six fifty three next.
Speaker 2: To Debor at fifty two. Jenn and Jennice. How much butter would you like?
Speaker 11: I love team because I've got friends and I've got a beautiful bakery across the road that I love to share it with as well.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so go say hey, I no times are tough. How about some butter?
Speaker 11: How about some buffer? And I have a nice free cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm liking that, Jenus. So Jennis is going to feel the love. She's going to take the butner. They're a Colson New Coats. She's going to take the butter to the bakery. Brilliant. Like to film that.
Speaker 13: Jim Marcus welcome, Io's Jim here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, god too?
Speaker 2: Six twenty one, Yes you can, that's yours. That's your number, gim butter.
Speaker 18: Butter? Yeah, ten kg Okay, I have family and we're in a retirement village so we can share it around.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. There we go. People say we're going for the teen. I'd go for the five. Sandra Marcus welcome.
Speaker 7: Oh hi Marcus. I've got two times, but I'll try six thirty to start.
Speaker 2: With six three zero. Yeah, Helen's got there. You have six twenty nine or six thirty one or your other previous.
Speaker 8: Time six twenty.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's yours, lockdown.
Speaker 13: Oh lovely, thanks Marcus.
Speaker 2: How much butter salday you'd be the twenty you'd be ten.
Speaker 13: Kgs you ten kg police Marcus.
Speaker 2: No worries. Joanne Marcus welcome, Oh Hi, I'd.
Speaker 9: Like six thirty nine if it's possible. Yeah, reason no, just sounded good.
Speaker 2: Okay, does sound good? Don't it's there's no there's no one nearby, so yeah, you're you're Yeah, that's quite a barren area there, Joe, and how much butter?
Speaker 21: Ten?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Ten? Brilliant okay, Louise Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 9: Hi at six twenty five available.
Speaker 2: No moves, got that? Okay, six forty yes, it's yours.
Speaker 21: Cool and I have teen things?
Speaker 11: Hey, and Marcus, I still got one of your little metal domes that.
Speaker 21: You gave really was years ago.
Speaker 19: Number I'd have to have a look.
Speaker 11: It's about it's something that one to one to teens.
Speaker 13: I think, well it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Well you get more, you get your butter. Anyway, Louise, i'd like ten please. I love the way you said that, evening.
Speaker 8: Frank Marcus a kind of six forty please.
Speaker 10: Just go on.
Speaker 2: Louise has taken that six forty one, it's yours, Butter ten, Thank you, Frank six forty one, Dan, Yeah, he won a six forty, but he pivoted Andrew. Good evening and welcome. It's Marcus. What time would you like.
Speaker 4: Between six and seven?
Speaker 2: My packing was it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well can I take that because I'm quite sure that Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what minute between six and seventy you think the alert's going to come through?
Speaker 4: What minute? Well, well it's say such twelve.
Speaker 8: Please, that's gone steam.
Speaker 2: That's gone such such thing. Yes, that's yours, Andrew. How much butter would you like?
Speaker 4: We'll take the t.
Speaker 2: My pleasure. Not people going for the five markets Marcus, Welcome, God, Mike Shaworry, Mike good Thanks Mark.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'll go for six oh six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yours between Tracy and d I reckon they try and get it out early warriors will be starting. I reckon. That's a good time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 19: N I think kj's a part of police as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's your thoughts. You'd have something to do with that.
Speaker 18: With you Yeah, sure, with the family.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 2: I'll share with the family. These are the times that are free. Six oh one, six oh two, six o three, six oh four, six oh eight, sixteen, six eleven, six twenty four, six twenty six, six twenty eight, six twenty nine, six thirty one, six thirty two, six thirty four, six thirty five, six thirty seven, six thirty eight, six forty two, six forty three, six forty four, six forty six, six forty seven, six forty eight, six forty nine, six fifty one, six fifty four, six fifty five, six fifty six, six fifty seven, six fifty eight. There was an option that you could ye have a slot that no one gets that it fails fails to fire. But I'm not quite sure how we work with that. Hi, Sue, Oh, Hi, Marcus.
Speaker 9: Can I have sixteen?
Speaker 13: Please?
Speaker 2: It's yours butter teen?
Speaker 13: Please?
Speaker 2: All the tens?
Speaker 13: Ten?
Speaker 2: Ten, ten, ten, Karen, Hello, Marcus, Hi Karen.
Speaker 14: Interesting night that you've got tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 14: I'll go for six oh one.
Speaker 2: Please, it's yours in the butter.
Speaker 9: Ten kgs please. That sounds a lot of butter though, ten kg.
Speaker 2: Have you got a chess freezer?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 14: No, I've got an upright freezer with drawers.
Speaker 2: Would would it accommodate ten kgs?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 2: Brilliant? Okay, it's different from our chest from we have. We've got a chess freezer. We've got am six o one for Karen. That's right, good evening, bread, good bread, thank.
Speaker 19: You, Timlin's head. Sixteen five and ten kg.
Speaker 2: Down double shot. Well, well explain six thirty five ten kgs, Thank you, Brad. We won't we are not written down the cag's. We'll just ring you when you win and ask you what you confirm your address and how much you want? Okay, people, ten eighteen, Good evening, Georgia. This is Marcus. Welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 7: I'd like sorry the time six o'clock of it is already.
Speaker 2: That's gone six o'clock the earliest you can get a six o two.
Speaker 7: Oh you pop me on there?
Speaker 2: Okay, butter were you're vegan?
Speaker 9: No, definitely not vegan.
Speaker 7: No butter love love butter.
Speaker 2: So you'd want ten kgs?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please, yep, my pleasure. So we are having a sweepstake on what time the alert will come through for the Emergency Mobile Alert test tepping on Sunday between six and seven. The planet cases tsunamis or meat here right, or earthquakes and this is the big test tomorrow. Last time was six seventeen. We're having a sweepstake. What time it will come through? Could well come through during the Warriors game playing Canberra at ericson good evening?
Speaker 13: Ron, Okay, Marcus.
Speaker 2: What time would you like?
Speaker 8: Ryan?
Speaker 2: It's me here?
Speaker 19: What yeah?
Speaker 8: Sorry I heard silence?
Speaker 18: Eight there?
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 18: Could I have that please?
Speaker 2: And all the butter yet? Ten? Okay? Thank you. By the way, between ten six o'clock and six ten there's only two times six O three and six o four in fit. Between six o'clock and six twenty there's only three times six o three, six o four and six eleven. Yes, it's looking for every crowd. It's a beautiful looking thing. Was that Ron?
Speaker 18: Was it?
Speaker 2: Stacey? It's Marcus? Welcome?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Stacy?
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm six to eleven please.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's yours and all the butter? Yes, please, brilliant you're luck in the butter now, aren't they? Did you get that dance? Stacy? Six eleven? Yep?
Speaker 10: Hello, Jude, Hello, Well my six eleven's just gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, it's where it's a popular time.
Speaker 9: And it's all down the deep South too.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to tell you all the others.
Speaker 14: What's the closest to six eleven, Marcus.
Speaker 2: Six four or six twenty four?
Speaker 20: I'll take six o four is the closest.
Speaker 2: And you're like all the butter.
Speaker 7: I'm a great baker.
Speaker 2: Okay, all the butter come in your way if you win, Julie, good evening.
Speaker 9: Thanks twenty four Marcus.
Speaker 2: It's yours all the butter.
Speaker 5: Yes, thanks.
Speaker 2: You got to say you're a great baker. That seems to be what people say. Yep, right baker, Julie, thank you, Robin.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi, six o seven gone.
Speaker 2: Yes it has Do you want the numbers read out to you?
Speaker 9: Just what's close to six oh seven?
Speaker 2: Nothing, six oh three.
Speaker 9: Or down the other end ground of six thirty six, twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven, six twenty six, six twenty eight, six twenty nine, twenty eight brilliant. And if you if Tommy wins, you get half of his butter.
Speaker 14: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. Tommy's regenerous. Tommy's shown above everyone else with his generosity of spirit. He's only keeping two for himself. Robin. If you do when you'd like all the butter, wonderful, brilliant, you'll get it. Colleen Good evening.
Speaker 9: Hi, can I have six forty six?
Speaker 17: Please?
Speaker 2: Yes, you can six forty six for Colleen? Yeah, a couple without numbers. Then we haven't got their numbers, right, yeah, ok Dent Okay, he's got the brilliant Okay, good evening, NICKI. It's Marcus. Welcome, Hi Marcus.
Speaker 9: Can I have this fifty eight?
Speaker 2: Yes? Wow, that's interesting. That's a second to last. But six fifty four, fifty five fifty six fifty seven hours still there, so six fifty eight for you, NICKI. And you'd like five cag's or ten kg's of butter?
Speaker 9: Oh, now go to ten. I can share it with the phone with the family.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate that, NICKI, thank you with the pharo that's great. Gosh. I hope I managed to get the butter because if we have to buy it at the twenty six dollars a kilo, wow, I will be just just ten kilos if we can get it from the from the costco. I guess otherwise there to just give you a hundred bucks or so. Will work it out. Panicked? Now who was that? Dan? The Times left us six fifty seven six fifty six, six fifty five six fifty four six fifty one, six forty nine, six forty eight, six forty seven, six forty four, six forty three, six forty two, six thirty eight, six thirty seven, six thirty four, six thirty two, six thirty one, six twenty nine, six twenty six, six oh three, And it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 13: Yes, I have six or three Thank you, it's yours.
Speaker 2: Nan and all the butter. Yes, brilliant, Amanda, Marcus welcome.
Speaker 13: I'm six twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yours, and you get Tommy's if you're closerk, Amanda.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I'll share mine with him.
Speaker 2: Like oh really, wow, that's brilliant. Okay did you hear that?
Speaker 14: Dan?
Speaker 2: So, Amanda she is with Tommy. Tommy, she is with Amanda and Robin. This is brilliant. This is beatiful thing that's happening now with people sharing their butter with their neighboring times. Hish, I'd said earlier on that I was probably still could Dan, Dan, I will share mine if I win, I will give half of mine to Andrew and half to Jennifer. Pretty generous of me, isn't It's my show? But I don't know what butter so six sixteen and six eighteen also get five kgs each if I win. And it was six seventeen last, so Andrew and Jennifer are probably looking good. Actually, there's the times left fifty seven, fifty six, fifty five, fifty four, fifty one, forty nine, forty eight, forty seven, forty four, forty three, forty two, thirty eight, thirty seven, thirty four, thirty two, thirty one, twenty nine, so only one in the first half hour. Karen number two, good evening.
Speaker 23: Hi, how are you Marcus? I have six thirty eight?
Speaker 21: Was it?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's yours, thank.
Speaker 23: You, and I'll share mine with the person who is the furtherest away from my score.
Speaker 2: So if you when you were well.
Speaker 23: I'll be I'll share it with who's first at the wrong.
Speaker 2: End, Okay, you'll share with it. You'll share with Helga at the beginning. Okay, So that's the other. Okay, good, it's the other Karen at six oh one. Right, you share with Karen at six oh one.
Speaker 23: Yeah, that's got idea. We'll keep the Karens together exactly.
Speaker 2: It's been a tough couple of years for you guys. So you'll share yours with the other. How much will you share? Fifty to fifty.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I'll go fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: Loving this, So Dan, Karen shares with Karen, that's and I share with Andrew and Jennifer, Tommy, she's with Amanda and Robin and who was the other person Amanda say she'd see with Tommy you got you got it, you cross it. Otherwise have to go through and do forensics and re listen to the record of it. A govery a good podcast. I'm loving all the subtleties of it. Dan, I think you said the sixteen to go? Is that right?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 2: Lisa from Gisbone Welcome. It's Marcus.
Speaker 14: Good evening, Hi, I'm giving a go rost count is six thirty one celeb.
Speaker 2: Just just looking at that funny that Yes, that yours, Lisa.
Speaker 9: Oh sweet, thank you?
Speaker 2: And you want ten kg's of butter?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 23: Please?
Speaker 2: Eddie Hello, it's Marcus. Welcome, Yeah, Marcus twenty nine still there? No gone, oh yes, no, sorry, it's the last of the first half hour. It's yours.
Speaker 3: That'd be great.
Speaker 2: And ten kg's of butter.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've got a retired neighbor who backs for the whole neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. You love a retired neighbor that's great, David.
Speaker 15: Hello, Yeah, good evening to you. Marcus. You're traveling well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, going good. You need the numbers back at or you've got one in mine?
Speaker 15: Is it a big Is it a big big day in wrap tomorrow?
Speaker 2: It will be big? I think it will be. I think halfway from out of town.
Speaker 15: Out of the cavern would be My choice of numbers would be the highest.
Speaker 2: Going six fifty seven, there'll be fine. And you'd like ten kgs of butter?
Speaker 15: Yeh, give it to the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, Thank you, Boeronnie, good evening.
Speaker 9: Hi, Marcus, is six thirty four?
Speaker 14: Stall there?
Speaker 9: Can I have that one?
Speaker 20: And ten kgess please?
Speaker 2: Bernie? Thank you. Craig. Good evening, behi Marcus, what time Craig?
Speaker 19: Six?
Speaker 2: All the first time hours gone? You got six thirty two? You've got six thirty seven is the closest to the start of the hour.
Speaker 12: Six thirty two is great?
Speaker 2: Okay? And ten kg's marvelous, leslie, good evening.
Speaker 9: Six thirty seven, please.
Speaker 2: Market and yours butter? All of it?
Speaker 16: Why not?
Speaker 2: I'll share it round, brilliant, Thank you, Share in your neighborhood, yep. Okay, Louise, it's Marcus. Good evening, Hi, Marcus.
Speaker 21: Took me so long as you get through, my numbers are gone.
Speaker 7: But what have you got left?
Speaker 2: Six forty two, six forty three, six forty four, six forty seven, six forty eight, six forty nine, six fifty one, six fifty four, six fifty five, six.
Speaker 20: Fifty six, six forty two.
Speaker 2: Please, it's yours, and you'd like the butter yet ten kgs.
Speaker 21: I've got lots of people around here who could use it.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, Loler, it's Marcus.
Speaker 9: Welcome, Yes, good Evening's Marcus.
Speaker 13: I choose six forty three that's yours.
Speaker 2: Okay, you'd like all the butter? Please?
Speaker 13: Yes, I've all My son tried to get it on Tuesday and it was all gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I hope I managed to get it. That's got me worried. Good evening, Craig, it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 13: Yeah, good Marcus.
Speaker 22: Because it was six seventeen last year.
Speaker 13: I'm going to go half an hour later, go six seventy six, four six forty seven.
Speaker 2: Like you're thinking, Craig, and you'd like all the butter?
Speaker 13: Yes? Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go. Sarah, it's Marcus, congratulations for getting through and welcome.
Speaker 13: Yeah it is six fifty six.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's yours, okay, not.
Speaker 9: All keeen kg? Maybe just one kg and shoot with nine.
Speaker 2: Others okay, which nine?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know you pick?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Siah's just Siah's just what pattern You could just have everyone between six fifty and seven o'clock if you get in. Sarah's that sound all right with you?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Perfect, okay, appreciate that, Thank you, Sarah.
Speaker 13: Karen, good evening, Good evening is six fifty.
Speaker 2: Five gone, Yes, it's yours.
Speaker 9: It's mine, six fifty five yep.
Speaker 2: And all the butter, all the.
Speaker 14: Butter because I'd like to share it.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Good on your Karen. Got three Karens. The other two Karens are sharing good evening, Margaret, Marcus welcome.
Speaker 14: Cure to Marcus is the six four eight?
Speaker 2: Yes, yours awesome.
Speaker 22: I'll take the ten kg of.
Speaker 2: Course, were brilliant, Margaret. Thank you, Mike Marcus, welcome, he is welcome.
Speaker 13: Marcus of lost track of Who's not what now?
Speaker 8: What what numbers?
Speaker 2: The left six market, six forty four, six forty nine, six fifty one, six fifty four nine Please Marcus. It's all in, Mike, and you like the ten kg's of better please?
Speaker 13: Oh well I thought you offering twenty ten kgs. Yeah, I'll have the ten Marcus.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Katrina.
Speaker 14: Good evening, Oh, good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 2: I'd like.
Speaker 9: Six or five four of us?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is yours, it's there, there's only three left. You have the ten kgs.
Speaker 11: Yes, it will be fine and I'll share it. And would you like some of mine?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 11: No, no, you're all good.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be going out. I'll be going there to get it so I can get my own if I want it. But I'm not taking Yeah, no, I'm not taking better. Carry on the plane. Good evening, Faye, and I just speak you yours. You don't well remembering the numbers, Fae. You'd like ten kg's of butter?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Why not?
Speaker 2: Good on you? Why not exactly? DEBI it's Marcus.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hi Marcus. Well i'm guessing on the last last number and I don't even know what their number.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, really you kept up really well, Debbie. It's six forty four, thank you.
Speaker 14: And yeah, I'll take.
Speaker 9: Whatever and share it out.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, that's what we will. Well use it yourself, brilliant, Debbie, thank you, hellgu six o'clock, Karen six O one, Georgia six oh two nine six O three, Jude six O four, Tracy six O five, Mark six I six D six oh seven, Ron six O eight, Sera six A nine, Sue six ten, Stacey six eleven, gain Or six twelve, Gram six thirteen, Kathleen six fourteen, Gene six fifteen, Andrews six sixteen, Marcus six seventeen, Jennifer six eighteen, Gary six nineteen, Sandra six twenty, Gym six twenty one, Desiray six twenty two, Pam six twenty three, Julie sixt twenty four, Move six twenty five, Amanda six twenty six six, Tommy six twenty seven, He's this year A Robin six twenty eight, eighty six twenty nine, Helen six thirty, Lisa six thirty one, Craig six thirty two, Cal six thirty three, or p l we went sure, Bernie sixty four, Brad six thirty five, Mike six thirty six, Leslie six thirty seven, Karen six thirty eight, Joanne six thirty nine, Louise six forty, Frank six forty one, Louise six forty two, loll Is six forty three, Debi six forty four, Karen six, Warren six forty five, Colleen six forty six, Craig six forty seven, Margaret six forty eight, Mike six forty nine, Pat six fifty, Fay six fifty one, Devers six fifty two, Jane six fifty three, to three to six fifty four, Karen six fifty five, Sarah six fifty six, David six fifty seven, Nicky six fifty eight, k six fifty nine. Now she ever sweeps saying on who you think will win? I'm joking twenty three to eleven. I thought that would take the whole night. Oh Marcus. For those have just tuned in, what the heck is going on? Please loll cheers.
Speaker 10: Rose.
Speaker 2: So we're having a sweep steak on what time the emergency text will come through between six and seven o'clock on Sunday. That's the one that tests for the earthquakes comes through all the cell phones. Last year it was six seventeen. They've toldus it's on Sunday between six o'clock and seven o'clock. Now the prize is five or ten kgs of butter from Costco and all the slots have gone, so that's what's happened. I think it was Desiree that wanted the cash for I got that right. I think that's the way. I think she was the only one that didn't want the butter. I didn't want the butter. Marcus. The problem that you have given yourself is that the emergency alerts come over about fifteen minutes. Witnessed it at a community meal that I voted that I cooked for Peter from Livin, so they were quite confident. It came out at six seventeen last time. That was in their press release. But what happens is I will have my iPhone on It'll be the time that I receive it on Sunday. I'll take a screenshot of that and that will be the official time, and I'll send it to Dan that night, and Dan will circle the name on the spreadsheet which is on market slash Night's Facebook page, and then I'll get the butter, hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday of the first week of June, if I can get to Costco and get it. Good evening, George.
Speaker 13: How are you good?
Speaker 2: George? Thank you?
Speaker 10: Look I'm ringing a few nights, two or three days. I don't know exactly when I heard an excerpt on the radio of a scene of a native snake in New Zealand, Wow, which apparently is in the South Island, and it is cited about it's or eight times a year. And I'm just ringing to find out whether or not you can find out or whether some of your people who listen to you can give you an indication of it. I have heard of sea snakes being coming ashore dead in the North Island from the northern Tropics, but this apparently is in the South Island.
Speaker 2: And it's a sea snake, not a landsnake.
Speaker 10: George, it's a land snake.
Speaker 2: It's a land snake.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And apparently it's in the South Island and it gets seen about six or eight times a year.
Speaker 2: What show was it on, what station was it on?
Speaker 10: Look, I don't know. I just heard it very briefly two or three days a week ago, and I've been sort of mulling it over. And they said something about having a Mary name. I haven't heard any more about out it, and I haven't heard anyone else saying anything about it, but it was quite definitely something that was said on a radio station that I just happened to hear.
Speaker 2: You've got no idea what that would likely to be used talk ZB.
Speaker 10: I don't know. Well, if I did know, I would tell you, but I just happened to because I don't sort of listen to a lot of radio, and I just happen to be sort of whatever it was, and that was Island. I just heard this guy's talking about this native snake in the South Island that only yet seen six or eight times aer year, and they were talking about the mary name of it.
Speaker 2: So I thought, I can't think of what it could be.
Speaker 10: No, I don't know either. I just thought maybe you could find out on your confusion, or whether someone listening to your program may have some inkling of it. But I've never ever heard of it, and as I always thought us everyone with snake.
Speaker 2: Free unless it was a crake, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I've got no idea. I just did that except of it. I only heard it very briefly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wonder if it was a craake.
Speaker 10: I have no idea. I will never clue. But as I say, I just thought maybe someone might ring in and say about it, or you might say it on your computer or some such thing, you know. Yeah, anyway, I leave it.
Speaker 20: With your film.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the multi word for it was?
Speaker 10: No, no, because I didn't hear it. They just saying it, talking about something to do with the merry name of it. But for whatever reason, I didn't hear the rest of it. Whether I walked out of the room or where, I don't know. I just heard that little bit about it, you know.
Speaker 2: But it could have been a bird the crak that's from suggesting. But you think that's not right?
Speaker 10: Well I don't.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: They just said about the snake that you only get to get seen once sex or eight times in the South Island, and outside of that, I don't know. But I thought, well, I haven't heard anything more about it. But I thought, well, maybe someone who might have heard more of it might be able to ring you and tell you more.
Speaker 2: What's your interest in it?
Speaker 10: Well just basically that I just heard it on the radio, and I was always left with the impression that news even with snake free. And that's as much as I know.
Speaker 2: Are you like okay, George, I let it go.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Teen to eleven Phillips Marcus.
Speaker 22: Welcome hello, just about the mysterious snake. From time to time, eels will leave one ribbert or scream ask me, or one habitat for an other and and go to another. And they will squirm and wibble themselves across the ground, which they are capable of doing. And now it is highly possible that that that that was the sighting that someone saw and thought I bore back to snake. And of course it had a marry name.
Speaker 2: It was a tee yeah Turner Hickey. Yeah, yeah, appreciate it, Phil, Thank you, evening, Sam Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 20: Oh side Marcus. I just missed the last call that he mentioned the snake.
Speaker 2: No, not really said it could be an eel.
Speaker 20: Oh no, noble, there was a snake. I listened to it. Can I tell you the radio station?
Speaker 2: Of course you can.
Speaker 20: It was Jesse Mulligan's afternoon show Critics the Week, Yes, and he can if he tunes it and he can find the audio of the program. But it's the venomous, ocean dwelling yellow bellied sea snake.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, well yeah, well I think anyone knows is a sea snake? Okay, yeah, okay, because he said very much it was a land snake.
Speaker 20: Okay, yeah, yeah, Well it's just it's called the hydrophis orus and.
Speaker 2: There's about eight come up a year. But it's the South is it South Island?
Speaker 20: It's often said to you has no snakes, But I'm just sting that the social snakes in her orders. No, it doesn't say but.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think that comes down. Yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 20: Might have heard another program, but that's the one.
Speaker 2: Yes, last thing that's last thinking of as well, Sam, thank you for that. Hey, seven away from eleven people, I'm hitdled twelve. My mother in law had a dead snake in a jar that she swears they caught in Wistport. I saw the snake, but always questioned whether it was caught in Wistport. Definitely a snake. I think the news i'd about a stake that gentleman was talking about my have been a sea snake. I'm sure be a sea snake, wouldn't it. I mean there's been a bit of talk because three or four have been found, and one of them that they said your dogs can eat them or your dogs shouldn't eat them. I wonder how much we have to spend on butter next year for the prize. I have slightly panicked about buying the butter. We'll have to go to HR don't even know how vans or stuff. We can go around out to Costco's in Marcus. If Kiwi Row had any brains, they would run the Southerner from invcard would depicted one day and back the next every day a week. It'd be empty and it'd take forever. Yeah, and it pains me to become a trained denier. But people have some strange romantic fixations and they'll catch it. And of course they won't because everyone's wedded to their car. They either want their car or they want to get there in a hurry. I like the buses. I loved the week on the intercity going from funge Ay to Bluff or invert Carget was tremendous via New Plymouth and Masterton. Yeah, it flowed remarkably smoothly, apart from the man at the Auckland station that thought he'd been robbed, which was alarming for the children. He wanted to go through the security footage to see who's taken his bag, but I think it was just been loaded onto the bus. Marcus. I'll never pay eight dollars for a scone can whip up a batch of four and get twelve scones. Yes, scone used to be something the less well off people could eat. So how can they say they're not making any money of an eight dollars scon This is the woman that cafe at the christ Church Library when the food is good, but she's not making money on a scorn cheapers, here's a funny text. Don't bother watching the Monaco GP. Monaco GP, the last time somebody who passed other car on that race was nineteen seventy three. Yeah, my short love of Formula one lasted one race. We all sat down to watch the China Grand Prix and not very interesting at all. I think it's been interesting since has it from my take? Anyway? Good evening, Granted's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 8: I just heard you mentioned the thinking of eighteen miss Hodden. I've always, all my life, I've been that of an enthusiast, enthusiast about naval matters. I'll tell you just today I I had a build of Fuller come to my place and I mentioned that I had a model of a Tammi model and brought it out and showed it to him. He didn't know very much about them, so I gave him a rundown on what happened in nineteen forty one, And it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Tire you keep going.
Speaker 8: It wasn't until a few hours later I realized that it was today in history that Hood was stunk.
Speaker 2: Could you give many great Could you give me the rundown?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Sure.
Speaker 8: HMS Hood was a battle cruiser built at the end of the First World War, commissioned in nineteen eighteen nineteen twenty roundabout then. So it wasn't It didn't have as much armor as a proper battleship, but it had a margin of speed over a battleship, and the belief was that speed was aetion in itself, making it harder for enemy battleship to keep it keep contact with with a faster anyhow, it was a pride of the Royal Navy through the inter war years. Visited New Zealand in nineteen twenty four. You can actually find a photograph of it tied up at Princess Wolf in Auckland. My father went on board it as a visiting member, you know, the public could go on board. And then the years went by in World War Two came along and the authorities in the Admiralty knew that it wasn't sufficiently armored for modern warfare, but they never found the time to put it in dry dock and make the modifications necessary. And then the Bismarck was built in Germany, and the Admiralty knew a bit about it and knew that it intention was to break out into the Atlantic Ocean and sink Allied convoys. So come May nineteen forty one, they knew that the Bismarck had left the Boultice and was in the Norwegian Fiord near the city of Bergen, so they watching it intently, and they were aware that it left Bergen and it went north and westwards in the North Sea, and the options were for to go through the Denmark Strait, which is west of Iceland, or to the eastern side of Iceland between the Pharaoh Islands and Iceland. So they despatched the Hood and the new battlest Prince of Wales to cover both those passageways. The Hood would hang about in the area to the south of Iceland, so it could go either the Denmark Straight or the Eastern side. They must have realized, oh British cruisers spotted the Bismark in the northern end of the Denmark Straight in the evening of May twenty three, so they knew it was making the runs through the Denmark Straight during the night, so radio signals alerted the Hood and Prince of Wales where the Bismark was and they made moves to intercept it in the early hours of May twenty four, which was in those days Empire Day, and the two British warships approached the German warships and they were because they were approaching that they only had their four guns available to shoot at the enemy. The rare guns were well they couldn't be brought to bear, but the Germans could deploy their full board side. It was a feature call crossing the tee where the enemy warships were crossing the bows of your own warships, so British were in the reverse position of the best tactical position to be well. The shooting started about well. It started eight minutes before the Hood was hat and blew up and it broke in half, both bow and stern, rising at a steep angle. It would have been spectacular site for anyone who saw it and went down. In about two minutes, it had completely disappeared. Prince of Wales had to take avoiding action to avoid running into it. Into the record, and only three men survived the sinking, and when the rescue destroyers arrived about three hours later, I think it was just those three men still alive. And as far as I can tell, there weren't even any bodies in the ocean. Appears that the everybody went down with the ship except those three.
Speaker 2: And there were fourteen hundred people on board, is that right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, fourteen hundred and nineteen I think, or eighteen.
Speaker 2: Why so many, Well, in.
Speaker 8: Those days you needed a fair number of crew in the engine room and in the boiler rooms, and in the four gun turrets there were four twin gun turrets, because it had eight fifteen inch gun turrets, and there might have been about approximately one hundred men servicing each of those turrets right down in the magazines, and the men down in the magazines were a lot down there. They had no chance of getting out. That was normal, you know, for the safety of the ship, not the safety of the men. Then there were about ninety five officers I think, and thirteen hundred thirteen hundred and ten crew approximately, and so they all disappeared and the Prince of Wales continued the fight, although it was a brand new ship, and it got a fair amount of punishment and had to break off the action or it would have been sunk. Should have been sunk had the Germans made different decisions, had they decided to go after the Prince of Wales, no certainly could have sunk it. That would have been an even greater calamity for the Royal Navy. But the Royal Navy brought up other warships like the couple of aircraft carriers, and about two days later the torpedo aircraft from a Swordfish plane managed to hit the Bismark in the rudders jan the rudders at fifteen degrees or something so that the ship was virtually unsteerable then and they were able to bring up a sister ship of the Prince of Wales called HMS King George the fifth and HMS Rodby, most powerful ship in the fleet with nine sixteen inch guns, and those two ships pounded it to pounded it to a wreck. On the morning of the twenty seventh and May nineteen forty one, about six hundred miles west of the French port of Saint Nazir or Breast, either one. The Bismark went down and they only picked up about one hundred and ten or one hundred and fifteen survivors, and then Robert Bellard discovered the Oh yeah, yeah, some years later.
Speaker 2: Just to come of quick questions, grant is the is the reason a Hoods remembered?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 2: What of Is that Britain's worst maritime disaster?
Speaker 8: Yeah? For the Royal Navy it quite probably is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and it must have been it must have been a lucky shot from the bis Mark that sunk it so quickly.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a great controversy there because Bismarck was accompanied by a cruiser with age inch guns and the Hoods weakest feature was its deck armor at the flat deck, not a side armor, so the British hammer wanted to get in close too to prevent the to overcome the exposure of his horizontal deck armory. In doing that, he probably overlooked the fact that the cruiser with its agents guns would have been lobbing shells of a different flight trajectory, and they would have been coming down down from a high angle on to the deck Agents shall probably crash through the hood deck armor, and very possibly was the ship that sent the Hood. But it didn't suit the Germans to give the credit to the Prince Ouigen over and over the Glamorship the Hood. Oh sorry, the business. And it didn't suit the British to give the credit to the cruiser either, because they didn't want to want it known that Agents Cruiser Agents Gun Cruiser might have sunk the pride of their Maybe it's an interesting.
Speaker 2: Situation, that's sort of interesting. Look, was there an end to the story with the builder right once you told him the story as well? Who you'd finished that part of it? I know, I interrupted you when you're talking about the builder after you'd shown him the model.
Speaker 8: Well, he's so much younger than me. He didn't know anything about it was all new to him. He didn't know about the bismark or the battle or anything. A great movie called I think The Business sort of tells it fairly accurately what happened in those few days. Britain was in a very very vulnerable position, facing defeat. Even even though they'd won the Battle of Britain, they were by no means out of trouble. With the Germans holding all all of Europe around them.
Speaker 2: So how long was there between the hoods sunk and between the Bismarcks sunk? What was the gap of time there?
Speaker 8: Well, three days am six am on the twenty fourth and ten am on the twenty seventh. Yeah, there was a mighty case.
Speaker 2: Oh I appreciate you coming through Grant. That's revery interesting and it's interesting that you've got that model. We just mentioned that today, But thank you for that good evening. Diet's Marcus welcome?
Speaker 7: Oh him, Marcus, Hey, well, I have to say what an amazing call it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't it just hit all those specter's hands there like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it was interesting because you could actually, you know, understand what he was, you know, indicating. It was just incredible. So good on him. Mine mine's pretty boring after it really into climax after that. But anyway, I started ringing because I've just costed out my beautiful date scones.
Speaker 2: Yep, how many?
Speaker 7: I did eight? Or I do eight and ate fairly good sized ones and they work out to be and I've allowed for a bit of electricity as well, and I can make eight beautiful SCons for fifty four cents each.
Speaker 2: Wow, and it's go. And it's with butter.
Speaker 7: That's with I actually use one hundred grams of butter. So I really do a buttery beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not skimping. Sorry, you're not skimping on the ingredients. You're using the butter.
Speaker 8: I'm not skimping.
Speaker 15: It's just me.
Speaker 7: So I do one hundred grands of butter, three cups of self raising flour, teaspoon of baking powder just to stride in for the excellence, and a cup of milk and whack it together, and I mix up oh a half dozen dates or about eight dates. So I've costed them in as well. And so I've added in a dollar for electricity because it only takes ten minutes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and how long does it take to make?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 7: Probably I could do a batch in about ten minutes, could have an Now, okay.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. So you probably have to put a fewer commercial kitchen. You'd have to pay the baker and that might be seven dollars labor or something like that.
Speaker 7: But even so, well, okay, even so, there's something terribly wrong. And I felt really said, I agreed with John when he was talking about it this morning, about the library and people going in there. You know that it's over the top, and I think what happens is.
Speaker 2: How do you been saying it's a pretty good operation. It's a pretty buzzy operation. That library. It's a fantastic library. I think the cafe is very good there.
Speaker 7: It probably is, but I just think that now and then you know, it's just a shame that such high prices are on such really basic stuff, because maybe I should contact the library and say, look, I can deliver them the scones, and you know they can deliver them to people for even three or four dollars.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you, do. I thank you ten away from twelve. Good evening, April Ats Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 9: Oh good evening, Marcus. I was really interested to hear about Agamus Hood because when I was seventeen I joined the Remens in England, the Women's Royal Naval Service. My first posting was to Whitehall and working in the communications into their encoding and decoding, and my commanding auser there was Lieutenant Ed Briggs and he was one of those three survivors of the hood. Wow, I know, isn't it funny and I actually come ble of the ways in New Zealand and here people talking, they're they're that gentleman talking about the who. But he had to be pressed to sort of say anything about his experience in the water, and he said he wanted to devote his life to helping others. And he was one of the most kindest men that you could imagine. I never met any of the other two survivors, but for my first nine months there at Life All he was my CEO and and was a tremendous personality, but very humble.
Speaker 2: Did he talk about his circumstance.
Speaker 19: Was he was he on a.
Speaker 2: Very lucky part of the ship to have survived or did you know anything about what happened that how he was able to survive.
Speaker 9: The well, well, he just said that for some for some reason, he got blasted into the water. He said, it was like as if as if some wind had had blasted him into the water. And he was well away from the ship, and he he raced over and held up one of the other survivors, one of the other the two and held them up and until you know, flotsam came up that they were able to hold on too.
Speaker 2: I missed the story from the previous guy and was there a one of the English the British ships came and talk about the water? Is that quite soon after? Is that what happened?
Speaker 9: They were in the water quite some time? Apparently I sat down with him one day during what we called stand easy and stickies, and he was just talking about my background, and that's when I discovered that he was one of those three survivors. Off the hood. He was he was an ordinary seaman at that stage, but it wasn't too long before he went through for officer training and he only he rose to the rank of lieutenant commander, but he was a lieutenant when I knew him, and he was in charge of the communications center at Whitehall.
Speaker 2: And what year would have that been that you were there?
Speaker 9: I was there in nineteen sixty three. I was one of the first intakes of seventeen year old you know, they kept offping the age. But I was only there for nine months because I was transferred to Fleet airon and I went down to work in the tower at Caldos in Cornwall doing you know, a controst, doing air control work.
Speaker 2: And he would have been in his fifties then would that be right. Ever, kind of got the time time frame.
Speaker 9: Right when you're seventeen, Marcus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're col I could work it out myself.
Speaker 9: He still had dark hair, but I can remember its thinning. And he showed me a photograph of him as a nable semen where he was he was a sort of medium height and quite quite slender in the you know that their uniform with a bill bottom and the the the oversized collar. But of course he was an officer so well, officer juniforman had filled out quite fastly since the war. But I could still see it was the same the same person. But I feel, you know, that just something nice, just something different happened to me that that that, uh, you know, I did meet one of these survivors, mind you. I did have to bring in Prince Charles and Prince Philip once at Carl Drose, and I had to ask them all sorts of questions, and one of the standard questions is do you have any real ips on board? It came up just a couple of couple of old princes.
Speaker 2: Look rather so glad you've cord. Look. I certainly hope that Grant heard that too. I think Grant would really appreciate that connection with him being so knowledgeable that so thank you so very much. That's a great way to round that off. So look, I can't get to everyone, sorry, so thank you to all the calls tonight. Look forward to the alert on Sunday. That is me for the night people. Someone has texted Marcus ted Briggs, one of the three survivors of the Hood only died in two thousand and eight eighty five. Someone that you Hodes surviv in the water party have been completely covered in heavy ships oil. A lot of people talk about how many dates die put in the scones and I kind of was shocked about the eight too. I thought that would be each scone. But there we go. Now anyway, that's it for me. Gym's along next and I'll talk to you again on Monday. Enjoy your weekend, go the alert. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: See yup for more from Marcus lash Nights in Life to News Talk zed B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.