Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gaden Studio, brought to you by Export Ultra the beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the fifteenth of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the Home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export of Vulture.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Julian morning. I think it's appropriate for both of us, who have been covering in Matt Heath's absence, to just start the podcast by regurgitating the best thing we talked about on the Men and Juris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I heard a little bit. I just can't get enough of Stephen mciva's stories. They make me so they bring me so much joy.
Speaker 1: So I told the one about the time he came into the B studio. I'd like to preface this by saying, I love Stephen mcciber. I worked with him quite a bit in the mainstream sports media.
Speaker 3: I love him, love him well, love him because he's so I love him, love sucha wrong and he he bowls a stock wrong and much like I do.
Speaker 1: He came into the studio one day and was like teaching me and you press up, give me a couple of tips on the press ups. He'd been going to the gym quite a bit lately.
Speaker 3: So okay, sorry, he has cold called you on that. He has come out of no you're you're sitting there photo shopping something, and he's come up to you and said, hey, mana.
Speaker 1: I was actually live pushing the buttons for the Drive show at the time. And what it was was he actually wanted to talk to my offsider. He was sitting next to me, and actually I think he wanted to show her the gym tips that he'd learned.
Speaker 3: So he just come out of nowhere and say, hey, I've got some tips of app you know, bulking.
Speaker 1: He definitely steered the direct conversation in that direction. I think he knew he had a thing that he was going to get to and then he basically it was you put your feet up against the wall when you're doing press ups and it just enforces a bit of a stricter technique. I think I think it makes it harder.
Speaker 3: What oh I mean press your feet against the wall.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no, just your heels or the ball your feet against the wall to stop you from moving around a bit too much. And you know, he was saying that he had found results with that.
Speaker 3: Did he drop down and do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did. And the problem with that is, and you'll be familiar with my approach to producing, I drink quite a bit and I had spilt a beer on the floor of the production room that day. It must have been a Friday afternoon. And what he didn't know was he was doing press ups. The best thing that I just I just left and that there was For whatever reason, we used to do a cross with Joel and Fletch, So Flitch from Fletch ninety Brian Fletcher and he does radio show over the Earth, guy by the name of Joel Caine, and every Wednesday we would do across with them, and mckival was filling in one day and they just got off on the wrong foot. So what you saw with Ben Ainsley picture that, but over fifteen minutes of a talk radio show voice break, which lasted for fifteen minutes, and by the end of it, I was laughing so hard because our producer booth was rigged up with cameras and so everyone could see everyone. I had to sit underneath the desk because I was just laughing so hard. I was crying. How he could see Maciva could see me. Joel and Fletch could see me from their studio as well as my cheese slid off my cracker. I don't know why, it just got combative with them and it just straight off the bit. I'll try and find the audio, but it's fucking one of the career highlights for me.
Speaker 3: And it's still carrying on over there. And yeah, because Cap we've gone four zip up, not that we give a shit. No, they confirmed it's not coming back to New Zealand. Oh they have, Yeah, they said unlikely, most likely scenarios back in Barcelona, but not if some locals can help it, because they're protesting against it. Yeah, because they're basically Barcelona crashing all this money. A lot of locals are saying we already have enough tourists. We're struggling as a city and just with basic needs.
Speaker 1: I've seen this. I saw videos earlier this year of locals and Barcelona going around spraying tourists with water pistols.
Speaker 3: Yes, because they're trying to get rid of them. They hate them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can understand that, but then you've got it then, but if all the tourists disappeared out of Barcelona, it would ship the bed. So yeah, because Japan's having a similar issue with having to put up signs saying this is not like Japan's not just like Disneyland. This is people live here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't grab people, just grab them and take photos. Wouldn't they because.
Speaker 1: It's like I mean, it's after lockdown, everyone's going over to travel. Anyway, since we're talking about it, yesterday, he had the run in with Ben Ainsley. Yes this morning. Of course he's the main commentator for happened. I don't know is the drug because it was him with you that's why, and so he fuck.
Speaker 3: You, I put my hat in the ring. I'd be I'd be so insulted if so.
Speaker 1: They had a yarn obviously they had to have another yarn this morning. And so I've got the audio here of how it sounded.
Speaker 3: An intense match race. What's the message of the team right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Surprise tasks me about the performance start off with but yeah it was it was a good race and they had a good start, got the first crass. But yeah, that just going well, going really well. And so I think for us it's I don't try to figure out how we can make some of his performance goings to take it to.
Speaker 3: Him, Oh, Betty, we've all been drawing straws and paper scissors. Rock here mate to who was going to ask you? To ask you the question?
Speaker 1: Said A, but that's Glen Ashbysie commentator, so that obviously been talking about it off here before that.
Speaker 3: It would have been great. It would have been you know what, It would have been so great to double down if he just steve went right being like boats still not performing. This is this is my conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Is he sort of like the twelfth man of the America's Cup team mcive has gone over there and been like, right, how can I serve the great nation of New Zealand. I want to funk with the drivers Whenever I get the opportunity, I'm just going to get in their head.
Speaker 3: I don't know if his said smart, I reckon, that's what he's done. I reckon.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm going to help us win the America's Cup.
Speaker 3: Here. This is a man who walked around bethist and a pink salmon shirt and loafers. Yeah, so I don't know was he was he missing with just the Aussie Bogans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, this is the thing he wanted to make sure it's good mate, Murph won Bethurst, right, and so he's like, look, I can distract everyone else down pit Lane, which is where he was by the way, and the salmon shoot and loafers. I thank someone threw a full woodstock at him. But yeah, so mciv I love that this is going to be an ongoing thing.
Speaker 3: It's a shit.
Speaker 1: I mean, god knows how many races more there's going to be. Because Mashi on the Breakfast Show was saying, it's a it's sun up, it's a sure thing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there's no way I don't This is not like San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Is San Francisco. It wasn't like San Francisco until it was.
Speaker 3: But they've got a rest day. They're not racing until Thursday, right, so they've got a day to sort this shit out. Okay, remember the one in San Francisco. They had like three days off, three or four days off in the middle and the Americans went off and changed their computer system or something. So the keiwis in terms of what we're using for their kind of flight controller and then just fucking.
Speaker 1: What obliterated us?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the flight control.
Speaker 3: So it's something to do with that, but I don't see them be able to do that in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: But well, yeah, because didn't we give them like a couple of days grace as well? They said, oh, we need a day to fix our boat, and we said, go and take another day. It's take the week, brother, And then they came back a we found something. So that's what we talked about on the Old Breakfast Show this morning.
Speaker 3: The other thing was.
Speaker 1: Jerry wants to invade Antarctica because he reckons it's not you know, he looked at the way the Danes took over Greenland, Yes, and he said, we're not aspirational enough as a country, but we got to start off somewhere easy. So he wanted to launch an invasion of Antarctica. Probably some mining opportunities.
Speaker 3: Down there, huge mining opportunities.
Speaker 1: So we were taking tics on you know, what we could bring to the what you could pledge to the invasion of Antarctica.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it's good idea.
Speaker 1: He had a four wheel drive super outback. Yes, he reckoned, we could use someone who lives over on the West coast actually has two heglands that they said they would like to do. The Heglands, the thing. Have you ever been to the Antarctic Center in christ Church? Oh yeah, and they drive that thing. Oh yes, that's a Hagling. Okay, that's handy. It's basically in the same cube on tracks. Okay, I've got a messy, old, messy Ferguson tractor.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a couple of those people just using them at their batches.
Speaker 3: I can just see it and like messy Ferguson's like whatever you said before. Haglin's coming over the rise towards Ross bass An American scientist going, oh my god, it's the keiwizz are angry? Yeah, I please?
Speaker 1: Talking about three swan drives in my wardrobe. Yeah, that could keep people warm. My missus knows a bit about penguins that that's handy. That'll need to kill them all. My dad's a minor, yes, so nailing it. He could come over and mind the thing. Jerry's Wife's going to have to come because Jerry doesn't know how to put the chains on the.
Speaker 3: That's so true. He told me about that. He said it's her superpower and he's encouraging it. Did he tell you about how he go out the mound and he'd be sitting in the car and people would.
Speaker 1: Drive looks is that the fucking seven sharp guy? Yeah, get out and put your chainw he's getting his misless to do it the piece of ship. I think it's because if he knelt down to change the chains, you're ever want to be able to see the thong hanging at the top of his jeans.
Speaker 3: His wife. Yeah, I'm going to tack a cat like a little inflatable It's like a little inflatable dinghy. But the thing is the taket. You can put it into a suitcase so you can bring that. So that's a kind of a like almost like a navy seal situation where we can just pop it up and hone across the iceberg's kill scientists and get them off the that's right, the island.
Speaker 1: We discuss the issue of how we're going to feed ourselves, But that's easy. You just just pull a nar wall out by his task and beals, carve it up. Seals one whale, One whale wouldn't hurt.
Speaker 3: Scurvy is an issue. How are we going to grow veggies and ship?
Speaker 1: Scurvy is going to be an issue. I haven't addressed scurvy yet for tomorrow. I think you need to work. I might need to come back and revisit with scurvy, because you don't.
Speaker 3: Want to just be like blubber and seal meat and ship.
Speaker 1: Which is what we're mainly going to be subsisting on.
Speaker 3: You could an always just flying tinned vegetables and we'll take as many lemons and limes as we can. Well, yeah, and invitament seat tablets. Suppose it's twenty twenty four now, frozen vegetables you just chuck them out inside.
Speaker 1: Well, don't they still have cans at Scott Base that are that are still eatable from way back when they were Scott himself got there, Jesus, and so then we were like, well, the other issue is do we need a fleet of huskies to sort of take us out there? And because Jerry's theory was, you know, you can ride them out there obviously, but then you can eat them as well.
Speaker 3: There are food source and muns, and he famously ate all his dogs, all of them. Yeah, all of them because that was part of the plan. They knew they were going to eat them. Okay, it was part of the food sources.
Speaker 1: You begun slower and slower, whether you got all the dogs will be like, hey, where's Dave.
Speaker 3: Can we's Steve?
Speaker 1: Anyway, every day r roll someone did pledge they had a daffie. They said they've got a fat staffy.
Speaker 3: I've got I've got a kvoodle, or they said it couldn't pull a slid, but it'd be good eating.
Speaker 1: The same with my the the cavertile could potentially chase down a I think it's more.
Speaker 3: I think the caverdle is more comfort. A comfort oh yeah, you know it because yeah, because if you're going to get lonely down there, he's going to snuggle in and help you out.
Speaker 1: Well, we won't be lonely because there's so many of us going down. I means is going to come just to change the change this is.
Speaker 3: You know we're going to go over and we need a floatilla those well don't we We got one less navy boat. So yeah, that was an issue.
Speaker 1: That's a big issue. Yeah, you've got you've got your little breafcase, my briefcase. One that's more for on land when we once we're there, if there's like a lake, yeah, if you need to cross something, I don't think I don't think we're going to cross the kind of southern ocean.
Speaker 3: Na in it.
Speaker 1: I think a hovercraft would be quite useful. Yep, there's a couple of Auckland airport we could borrow. Are there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've seen those, so do if you take off. When you take off from Aukland Airport or land, look out towards the seaside and there's two ramps and each ramp's got a hovercraft on it, quite a big hovercraft. The rescue hovercraft. It's like, it's like, oh yeah, because it's like H one and H two hovercraft one too whatever because if the plane yeah, because it's so muddy and it's only knee deep yeah, massive, Yeah, so he can't get boats on there, so they rescue hovercraft. Now my quish noises whenever I land is they doubled the hovercraft fleet a couple of years ago, so that fuck is too now, some sumbastard his full time job. I guarantee it as too. Yeah, sit at Auckland the airport on call, and he is the hovercraft driver and all he does is go out. I've seen him burn out a few times and coming parks and I've seen them go out. That's his I'm guarantee. That's his one job. Yeah, and he sits in the office playing PlayStation, pounding through Netflix. Yeah yeah, waiting for a kind of plane to overshoot the runway or miss the runway. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One one day a week he'll look busy and take one for a home. Yeah, just for his toy. That's a cool job.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I have had a theory because I live across the way to Matar Harbor from where I studio is, and traffic's so bad in Auckland. I was like, I either get a kayak or I could probably get done kayak. No, I think so too. But a hovercraft because it's basically mudflats from where I am to the office.
Speaker 3: They did, you know, they used to have a hovercraft that went across the English Channel. You need you need to YouTube there. It didn't last long because rough weather would completely but there was a full passenger, took like a hundred people, and it would It's a huge hovercraft. It was like that it was going to be the newest thing, and then it fucking shed itself in rough weather.
Speaker 1: I don't see how that's any better than a boat and that and stuff. No, because they've got wolves and everything at a and a dover. Yeah, why don't just use a boat. That's not what it's for, it's for getting across mudflat sort of.
Speaker 3: I think the I think the US Navy have a couple of big ones for amphibious landing. Yeah, they have some big ones.
Speaker 1: Well why don't I take the ones that are out at the airport and I'll run people back and forth to the city during the week. Yeah, and then and I'll be on call if they need me to.
Speaker 3: So a plane overshoots, you just dump the passengers, head back up the White Mastha.
Speaker 1: No, just jump on the Northwestern. That's the joy of the hovercraft.
Speaker 3: Very hard to keep in a lane like it's just constantly fish tailor's just going. You're just getting sideways all the way out.
Speaker 1: Three lanes wide, sideways, just holding on for deer like a stiff breeze will put me into the embankment.
Speaker 3: Who is defending intactic anyway, It's just it's a bunch of scientists say this is why we picked Antarctica.
Speaker 1: It's just a bunch of nerds down there decking around and we've already get a base there, so we start from there. Yeah, what's our Scott.
Speaker 3: No McMurdo, No, McMurdo's the Americans. How's the Scott?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, and then we mmurder the mcmurderers.
Speaker 3: I reckon that McMurdo. They're they're packing heat. Americans will be packing heat. I reckon. There'll be a couple of Marines, a couple of Marines in there. There's to be some sort of and I don't trust the Americans to be down there just sending nerds.
Speaker 1: Our army is down there too, I've got yeah, I've got Yeah. Those driving trucks back and.
Speaker 3: Forth all day and sign does not drive truck.
Speaker 1: Got a couple of mate evidently not got a couple of mates who are over there, who were over there driving trucks around for the army. Allegedly big big conservation issues over there. Basically, if a penguin walks out and decides to lie down on the road in front of you, you just have to stop. And if it sleeps for eight hours, you're you're in your truck for eight hours.
Speaker 3: What if you're the only one around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, so they've got spotters over there, So I reckon we need to take the spotters out first.
Speaker 3: Yes, the environmental spots, Yeah, take them out. Okay, I reckon, you can distract them. Bob Jones wrote a great book, like a a fiction book where he made his millions by sending a cruise ship down to attack and full of hookers, and because all the scientists are men, and they're all down there for six months, and he packed it up and just made millions of dollars as scientists blasting hookers. And then but they were all of the transactions were all research books and all sorts of bits, so sw yeah, yeah, stuff like that. So he changed all that and that's how he made his millions anyway, Okay as a fictitious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we'll take them without with us on our and it's important day.
Speaker 3: I mean all armies are led by their downstairs mainly, not by their stomach.
Speaker 1: Maybe one or two when we when we launch our g hard against Antarctica.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it wouldn't be too hard to take over Iman. I think we need we need to be more ambitious. I mean, is it is the We're the closest I mean between us and Argentina, and they haven't got great history and fighting battles.
Speaker 1: Let's be a bit more aggressive as a country. Great and will do it.
Speaker 3: I reckon the Aussies will join us, come with us, little an Yeah it because they mind the ship out of their own country. Oh yeah, So we need some mining because that is another issue. I mean, I know that Stu is as a miner, but we probably need a bit more than just one. Yeah, we probably need some expertise. Maybe Gina, Gina, we'll get here.
Speaker 1: It's never been on the tools.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just s she'd fund it, they wouldn't, and then we then we knock her off. I basically fund it, get all our equipment to being Tarctica, and then we take the Aussies on. Yeah, kick them out and then we've got it, so suck them in with a partnership.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear from anyone out there leaves a voicemail. What do you got that you could donate to the Ghard against Antacxica.
Speaker 3: We'd love to hear from you. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: The other thing that we didn't address yesterday, and actually overnight they had their It wasn't the first one of the tournament, but the White Ferns have won. They thrashed Pakistan over in Dubai.
Speaker 3: Just they only scored one hundred and twenty, but they managed to pull them out. Pakistan are very acc like performance. They dropped eight catches I saw that. Yeah, atrocious. Yeah, And so that secured the White fans the semi final spot where they're most likely going to face England, who they came off there. This, I mean, this is good. They made the seems that they came off a ten match losing streak. Yeah, the White fans, but those team matches were against Australia and England, the two best teams by fucking miles. Yeah, so they're probably going to face England in the semi which is notat I think from memory that said that's the third one of this tournament or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this tournament's just been taken away over there in the Middle East where it is about fifty degrees. They having to go out there.
Speaker 3: And there's a shaker man. Yeah, because the best times in the Middle East is there the end of it is the kind of end of the year, start of the year. That's their winter. Yeah. And when I say winter, it's twenty four degrees a low of twenty four Yeah. Now, it's in the fitties.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The week before I got there to Dubai date of fifty degree day I was there, there was a couple of mid mid forties. There was one day where it was forty degrees and then it rained and it dropped down to twenty two, which could partly have been to do with the fact that there was rain on the thermometer. Yeah, but it was definitely markedly cooler. But just a twenty degree swinging about half an hour's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So yeah. Yeah. And then also black Caps kick off tomorrow against India. Oh yeah, and Bangalore and black CAP's paying fourteen dollars for the win, which that should be way more than that. We've only ever won one Test match in our history in India. However, India are paying two thirty for the win and the drawer is one fifty but dollar fifty. Yeah, but look, I'm this is treasonous of me. That two thirty for an India winner is good eating double money, yeah, and good eating. It's in Bangalore. It's a good batting deck, but it's still I'll bile open with a spinner. Yeah, there you go. That starts tomorrow, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, happiness insurance. What we'll call it. Yeah, two dollars thirty. I don't mind that, Yeah, double money in the UFC. This has popped up and I've seen everybody resharing it. But basically Connor McGregor and he does this every now and then he was in an interview Who's over it like a Karates ornament or something, and they interviewed him they said when are you next in the ring, and he said next February, I'll be fighting Dan Hooker. And everyone's like, hang on, where the fun that come from? And so then obviously everyone's calling Dan Hooker, well do you agree? He's like, I do it, but I haven't had a contract or anything. Yeah, that's me, I think he said. He said, I'm in, but it's up to the UFC.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is what Connor MacGregor does is he will just announce things before it's like, to give you an analogy, if you ever mentioned something around Jason Hoyt out in the office, he will walk into the studio and say it on here almost immediately.
Speaker 3: And so I reckon.
Speaker 1: Dana White would have rung Condor MacGregor and said, how do you feel about fighting Dan Hooker?
Speaker 3: Would you do it? And it would have been like I'd love to.
Speaker 1: And then the very next time, a microphone's in front of his I'm fighting Dan Hooker. There's great, though, Dana Well wasn't can signe anything yet. This is great, this is huge. It doesn't matter if Dan Hooker wins or loses this fight. This is a massive payday. It's great for his his standing in the MMA universe, not just as rating. He is top five at the moment, but he has had I would say, a journeyman career with fucking massive highlights. He's beloved across the MMA community because the way he fights as he gets fucked up, yeah, and he focks thos up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he hasn't been in any of these like massive, massive fights. Everyone sort of knows who he is, but this would launch him into another stratosphere.
Speaker 3: If he for Connor McGregor, I forgets confirmed, it'd be amazing. And I'm not a big UFC follower. I don't really know that much about it. Yeah, but I have watched the MacGregor doco on Netflix. Oh yeah, yeah, MacGregor Forever, and now I'm kind of interested in where he goes because he hasn't fought since twenty one. No, he got his leg broken and for some reason he's no doctor stopped. Yeah, yeah, he and he's desperately trying to get another fight in the UFC. You're supposed to fight a couple of months ago, but he broke his toe or something something like that, something like that, So he's kind of in the wilderness. But if you watch that doco, I mean, it's hard not to light the guy. If you watch that doc Yeah, he's a total madman.
Speaker 1: What I would say all of these docos, Oh yeah, they get to sign off on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: The only one where the guy looked at it signed off on it and still looked like a caun't was Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: He didn't, He couldn't.
Speaker 1: He couldn't see that. He looked like a Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you watch it though. It's it's good value, and I hope, I hope it comes off because then I'd be totally into that. I think we should fly to Saudi for it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Is it going to be in read? Is it usually in Reared.
Speaker 1: They do a lot of the fights. I think that one might be in rear.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the best play there is let's fly into Dubai. Yeah, just wrote We're not even a run any of Roady, just flyover's watch the fight flying.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do really want to stick around Saudi for too long.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go to Saudi and you know, they treat me as one of their own over there.
Speaker 3: Oh ye're true. Yeah, I get a bit of I get a bit of leeway over there. Yeah. Okay, well we just won't have to won't have to bring any female members of the staff because that will be a problem.
Speaker 1: One of the funny things that's going on in the UFC at the moment is there's a couple of fighters. One in particular, comes a Chamaev who is a Chichen gentleman and he is buddy buddy with Kederov. Is that his name, He's the Chichen warlord that they call him. Yeah, there's been a few photos of him, you know, surface on social media. Who's hanging out with that guy? You know, he's even dinner with him, blah blah blah. So he's now what do they call it, like the as visa has been declined to the US, Okay, and he's one of the better fighters in the UFC. They can't fight in the US anymore. They won't let him in, and so now he's basically hiding out in the UAE, and so he can only fight in w W.
Speaker 3: He's hiding out in the UE like every other Russian Chitchen warlord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so basically the only he's a great fighter, the only place he's going to be able to fight as if they do another card in Abubi, which is quite a weird situation to be because the.
Speaker 3: Old Wall Chitchen world, he they've regarded as a terrorist organization or.
Speaker 1: Something significant human rights. It's as good as time as you need to talk to you about Auto Trader.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard already.
Speaker 1: We want you to tell New Zealand about your car, and we're taking the lead by telling New Zealand about our car, which I do need to have a bone to perk about our car. Last week when you went off to your sojourn, you accidentally had the keys in your pocket and you wrung me and you're like, I've got the keys in the pocket, I'm gone, but there's a spear key in my drawer. Yep, great, we don't got the spear key fuel light came on. There is a separate key for the fuel cap, which is on the northwest, and I'm like, where is it now? Then that is up with somewhere on the north Yeah, so I had to just leave it there. No, no, no, I managed to limp back into it. It's in its rightful park. Fuck, but we need to get that key. It just reminded me, yeah's my top drive.
Speaker 3: I did. I thought about that because I was like, there's a fucking a whole lot of other keys on there, and I presumed they were for the tray.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, one of them is for the tray, one of them is for the petrol cap. The other one is a swipe tag to get into the building, ah, which I also didn't have. And I didn't realize it until like quite late at night. And so I'm going over to go get the car and I can't get into the fucking building.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: So I had to walk down with all the cars coming past me. I'm walking down the yeah, a piece of shit to get into the thing, and they're like, well, hang on, are you allowed to be in there? I was like, no, no, I've got my car park down here, don't have to swipe. Oh shit, anyway, I got it. Look, the long and short of all of that is we're selling it. Yeah, and it's not because it's faulty. And in fact it's a massive own goal from us because I, like I said, I drive it all the time. Ninety eight Ford Falcon. You absolutely humming. We have decked it out as well. Seat's been done. We have had exchanged colors. Y has to be humiliating off white with faces on it. We've taken all of that off. It is shiny black and it is humming at the moment. We're gonna sell it in November, so look out for that on Auto Trader, and if you've got a car to sell, then we suggest you do it through them as well. Tell New Zealand about your car. Let's take one more quick break. We'll come back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought to you by Leader Home.
Speaker 5: Of the.
Speaker 1: Four of them to get through today, and the first one is more or less about you. It goes like this, yours please.
Speaker 5: Good fellows. Coming from a real moment of weakness right now, I'm scared. I'm scared for my father's mental health. He's watched me grow from a promising young cricketer to a subpar and or cricket player. Per and g Laane fan and he always had the black Caps to fall back on. But I'm scared that India tour is gonna send them over the edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we've all been there. I've been for that journey myself, exact same journey. And that's why we have the Black Cap Supporters Support Group, so just to avoid people doing stuff to themselves that they'll regret. Yeah, So there's plenty of us out there. You can grab your T shirts, your Black Cap Supporters Support Group t shirts from the ACC shop just taket shop to three two three six and you'll see it there. Once you put that on, you're part of a community, yeah, and a community that will put their arms around you.
Speaker 1: And it's and it's a so you'll get knowing nods from other members of the b C S S, g c ES and to people that aren't remember it's it's like a I sort of like in it. So you know in the NFL, practice with a quarterback with a different colored jersey so you don't tackle them. Yeah, it's kind of like that. Hey give the sky a bit of a break, yes, gone through something.
Speaker 3: And look, and let's be honest, we are staring down the barrel in India. We have only one in the history of it. So we could come away three nil out of this, but that's when we need each other more than ever.
Speaker 1: So hopefully that gives your your father some some solace. Here to follow up as well, this is yours please, just to follow up.
Speaker 3: Sorry for the stray Julane. That was uncalled for.
Speaker 5: He didn't deserve that. I'm going to go and have a self dust and cry in the side toilets cheers.
Speaker 3: So jesus, I mean it sounds like he's going through a bit.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: He's got on the big size.
Speaker 1: Good on him for apologizing flashing out there because he listed among his father's disappointments in him the fact that he was a g Lane fan. So yeah, he's big enough to admit it. Yeah, that's right, Thank you for that. A couple more another caller here, yours please?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 3: Are you giggle?
Speaker 7: A great human beings?
Speaker 6: He used to irk me every time, and I used to say, motor games and it's not a sport of just a game and it's a participation. But after that bath, I've fucking converted at as motor game.
Speaker 3: That's the most boring shit in my life. Buck So South Canterbury, Gay the valley, swampy, swampy. Yeah, that was not a good advertisement for motorsport. No animals came on, nothing, one little crash from one key. We just hit the barrier and that was it. Like, not even that hard.
Speaker 1: If Americans ran Bathurst because they are all about the entertainment value of a sport. I feel like when they knew there were no cars coming, that just literally can garo across the track.
Speaker 3: Remember that one that got smoked at the top of the panorama, the famous footage of it bouncing across and it hit the front of a car like a V eight coming down hell at about one hundred and fifty and hit the back legs and it was like a helicopter you know those things you used to get at Pizza Hartweek. Yes, it just went like that and flew over the fence. It was insane. And then they had the kidnet last year. Yeah, he had stopped the race for a few laps a couple of years ago and a chinder brought the thing to his knees.
Speaker 1: And then so they've obviously worked hard to keep the wildlife away, I think, which is probably counter to what they want to. And then the other thing I feel like the Americans would do is that have a plant that's just at the back of the pack, and it's like, right, lap one hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 3: Stack it, stack it, hit the barrier.
Speaker 1: We're going to set up a soft place for you to crash, but you're going to fucking crash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, paino the key. We almost did that because there are one hundred and what thirty laps into one hundred and sixty one and it was a procession for old Kostecki. I got great names too, Brodiekostecki, brock Feenie, like great just great Bogain names. And he didn't fall stack it, but he made the whole field. Then the safety car came out and they combined the field again and it was on for like a twenty five lap. Oh yeah, but still fucking Kosticky. I love I did watch it all. I loved Kostiki because he's quite a big unit. He got out of the car in his race suit. He's got a bit of a guts, he's got a bit of an ass and he's just a proper bogan with a massive mullet from.
Speaker 1: The micheline man, Yeah, I quite liked it.
Speaker 3: He's like he's not you couldn't get away with that and like no way and Formula one zero tiny little kind of midgets. But he was just a naussy bogan with a bit of a gat and a bit of an ass and that's what you need. Who can fucking just rip some jandle in a V eight. But yeah, but I kind of respect the V eight guys because when I went to Topaul and watched it and we met a couple of guys and they were talking about how it's all about show business. That's why they don't have pedals. You have the gear stick still because it's fucking all about the drama. It's all about getting that camera in and watching guys change gears like like you do in Yeah, so they would be product. They'll be stoked at Sticky one way, because he's he had a bit of trouble at the start of the season with his contract and everything like that, but it was still fucking boring. Yeah, five and a half hours, Oh my god, it's a fucking long time, like long time, like the formula ones that aren't less than an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, the way it's supposed to be watched as over a barbecue. You know, you duck back into the lounge every now and then, or you're watching out the shed. Yeah, but what you're actually doing is just pissing up and every now and then you check the standing.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like a one day cricket match. That's exactly I need to treat I need to treat it like that. Now you've said that it's not fuck. I fucked that up. I need to do that because I sat on the couch just just really punishing myself with trying to work out what the hell was going on. It's an all day thing, and I must met this one guy and a jumpsuit. He's in the garage and he explains everything. What they're doing at the pit stop. Yeah, like taking the brakes off and like adjusting some sort of roll bar frame.
Speaker 1: That guy was quite good. He was a fucking hundi. Yeah, total hundi. There's a place for everyone wherever you sit on the spectrum for.
Speaker 3: Games.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the call. One final call here your space, kay fellows.
Speaker 7: Hey, I got a bit of a tip for you back the teams very smamp Foxes by Cleansy this weekend. I just been witnessed to the mighty leader many excellents here. He looked me dead in the eye and ate a banana and two whites. So if it doesn't there, they are up for it. I don't know what does. Yeah, back and buy plenty are going to go.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the best time. It's just you're just about to go. That's the best of Fuck you man, It's like it was live. You're about talking.
Speaker 1: He just wo have the top of you the fuck things. I've already listened to it, so I don't know why I walked into it, but that is the greatest tip I think I've ever had.
Speaker 3: The captain of the swamp pieces the teams really Swamp Foxes, ate the banana and two bikes. That's as good as ever any thirteen plus this weekend, plus thirty plusses. Who were they playing? Are they playing?
Speaker 1: Mid?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Grand final? Yet that's the grand final? Was that was that the semis last week? I thought it was the quarters. I thought it was the same as m PC, but obviously we early sure it was a semi okay swamp Peace by the.
Speaker 1: Swamp and is that home for the swamp peace. We don't give a fuck, you know, I don't care. Fuck the swampees, the murder, the mud the I had a friend message because I put ship. The title of use today's podcast was fuck South Canterbury and I don't I put it on my story and I had a friend from down home, Miller, what's all this about. I'm not even going to explain it anymore. That's about what we keep saying South can I'm not saying it. Everyone's saying it to me.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a hard one to regular out of that one Christmas. Yeah, but when you return, you're gonna you're gonna have to bring something of some sort of penance. Yeah. I don't know what that is, the Ronfilly shield, just cone nicked.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway. Any man that can eat banana and two bites is fine by me. So let's knock this thing on the here for today. We'll be back tomorrow for a Wednesday episode of did Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio. William you get your podcast