Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gardens Studios. This is the Agenda for the sixth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport Vulture.
Speaker 1: That's right, Explota the bear for here it. It's a pleasure to welcome along and to the Agenda this morning.
Speaker 3: Matt Heath. So good to be here.
Speaker 1: Eighty years since D Day it was today, Yeah, D Day, sixth of June nineteen forty four.
Speaker 3: Wow, that man give him a taste of kiwi a absolutely Really, the Allies, we really shoved it right up there, arson't we.
Speaker 1: How lucky and lazy are we in this generation that we didn't have to.
Speaker 3: The most winginess, amount of winging that goes on now, Like people just walking around today in twenty twenty four complaining about their lives. You're not bloody getting shot at by Germans, are you?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: You're not in a single man's submarine going across the Strait and swimming to shore and taking sand samples before the invasion.
Speaker 3: At No, you're bloody, not are you? But you're winging more than any of those people. There's not the average New Zealand today wines more than the biggest winger. Yeah in the Allied forces back in the day, the diggers.
Speaker 1: Exactly don't like just think, thank the Lord that you weren't born one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: You leah your winter shit shit.
Speaker 1: Anyway, speaking of wingin, I got a wonge with you. Okay, So yesterday we didn't The agenda was nine. Yesterday I had to get a colonoscopy.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did, go, but on you forgetting that checked out. It's important. It's not anyone that's seeing any of those symptoms going, any greenness in the stool, any change in what's happening, Get up down there, get up there, get up there. But I see a doctor and get up there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. But I there's a procedure. There's twenty four hours before the procedure, which I must admit is the hardest part. The procedure itself is an absolute dream.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure, absolute pleasure.
Speaker 1: The twenty four hours beforehand, you you have to stop eating and you can only drink water, and you take these laxatus, which basically turn your stools into into bumwee Yeah. Now you played your bum wheeze to me on Tuesday. Now you're bum wheeze recording that you would at the time. You did share with everyone, and I'm good on you for doing it. It lasted about twenty or thirty seconds. Your one was like a river. Yeah, and so that was my expectations for my school. And so I sent you audio with my one and it was very much short and sharp.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was you know, four or five seconds powerful.
Speaker 3: It was powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But my expectations were, so, shall I play you Here's here's mine? Yeah, now.
Speaker 3: Here you go the little dribble at the end.
Speaker 1: See, that's it, that's it. That was That was all mine was. So and your one was probably ten times a link.
Speaker 3: There, I've got mine. I've got mine here, Johnny.
Speaker 1: Here, Like, I hope no one's eating or if you're eating and listening to this podcast, you're one. Okay, let's and then compare and you change gears down to second.
Speaker 3: Here listen there you go, see you keep on.
Speaker 1: Then I go, yeah, I can't try see this, Okay, So I'm I go to the doctor and you go to the doctor, and my biggest fear is I'm going to shut all over them. Yeah, because you're in a vulnerle position. I open you up my big fear is are going to shuttle over his face. So at the consultation beforehand, he says, if you've got any questions, and I said, yeah, I'm unsure if I've got rid of it all because I listened to my mate sent me a recording of him do it. And first of all, obviously we've made that normal. But he went, what I said, Ah, my mate got it done a few while ago, and he sent me a recording of him and he was like, why would he do that? I said, oh, that's just you know, just shits and giggles whatever, no pun intended. And he's like, okay, and I said, but here's one.
Speaker 3: He sent it to me.
Speaker 1: It went for about twenty seconds, my one, and I got my phone. Now no no, no, no, no, I don't want to hear it, and he goes, my one's are only four or five seconds. So I'm concerned that I haven't got rid of it all, and I'm going to shed all over you. And he's like, you could see a laugh.
Speaker 3: Great man.
Speaker 1: He goes, no, it's okay if you have an anything for twenty four hours, and it's it's it's fine. You won't okay, even if you did. We're not going to tell you anyway if you shut over us, because we wouldn't do that. And I was like, so I may have. I may have shard over him. You wouldn't because I wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Because the.
Speaker 1: Anetheus comes in, Charles, Big Charlie. Big Charlie sits down and I said, what are you giving me today, Charlie? What are you giving me today to send me into La La Land? And he goes, oh, sh don't give you the same stuff that Michael Jackson used to take. And I was like, oh, beauty, I said, is it a full knockout? And he goes, it's a sedative, so you might still be awake and you might hear voices, but you're not going to be really with it. I was like, oh, okay, anyway, they deliver it to me. First of all, that you know, they take you in there and they they hook you up to IV and everything and put the monitors on you, and then they say roll on your side and then knees to the chest and that's the vulnerable part when you're in the fetal And then I just passed out and then I wake up in the recovery room. Yeah, right, nothing. I wasn't wasn't talking. I was just out to it. And I was like, if Michael Jackson was taking these recreationally, no wonder his heart said, fuck.
Speaker 3: You had stopped.
Speaker 4: It's it's like blackout drugs. But it feels so good. Oh yeah, you feel so happy. You could see why if you're Michael Jackson. If you're Michael Jackson's doctor, and you know he's so famous and powerful and you're stoked to be his doctor, you don't want to lose the job. Michael Jackson really wants those drugs, because you're not going to feel any better than you do when you're on those drugs and the doctor goes, oh Christ, I'm going to have.
Speaker 3: To give them. Keeps giving them eventually kills them. But I can you your life on those drugs, as if there's no problems. Oh it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, if that's not a recreational drug I'm going to get.
Speaker 3: Into that would be the end of it. No wonder, it's a problem. Yeah, that's the end of it. There's the end of you bothering to be do anything ever again in your life. Yeah, you just end up in a small room with nothing on the walls. Just like a mattress in the corner and a small sheet and feces everywhere there, so you'd end up and you'd be happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So apologies to doctor Luigi Sisman. If I did sit all over your great.
Speaker 3: Name, you took it like a man, Luigi Susman. Yeah, you took it like a man.
Speaker 1: Great name, I bet like, and I'm not serious, just get it. That was the easiest thing you ever done. You don't have to eat twenty four hours, big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Dihine would said, you know, like they reckon if everyone got that screening done, you know at thirty, which isn't isn't really the time you need to do it. But if you everyone got it thirty, they reckon, they would get rid of most of belk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cancer, it's fifty, I think is when you should definitely get it done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know, as soon as you're worried or as soon as you have anything to look at, then just do it, because I mean not doing it, the potential sult of not doing it is so much bigger than the annoyance and the difficulty of getting it done, and also the peace of mind you get from getting it done. Totally.
Speaker 1: And also the great comedy you can get from seeing your mane it's the audio clippings of you doing bumweees.
Speaker 3: That's great. Yeah, And if you've got any of that, then send it through to the talkback Faction on your iHeartRadio app and like, we'd love to hear your bumbwees on the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 1: We've been down this road, unfortunately, we have when people were sending them from showers and then we said, it's just a matter of time before someone's doing it dumb, and sure enough someone was like, yeah, you get a it's anyway, let's get into let's get into support. Last night was State of O State versus State, Mate versus Mate. One thing to come out of it murder. There was a murder seven minutes early.
Speaker 3: On Murder and a man we used to love that we don't love now.
Speaker 1: Joseph solely within seven minutes on Debut ripped the head, the beautiful manicured head of Reese Walschoff. And you know what, ten years ago when Mark Guy or fifteen twenty years ago, when Mark Guy was beating the crap out of Wally Lewis would.
Speaker 3: Have been play on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not today, ladies and gentlemen. Not today. He got sent off. But there was a great video stream from the guys from Hello Sport who do his watch alongs, and this is their reaction to the head high him. I mean, don't read him, don't read he's he's been a thousand.
Speaker 3: Ready, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Fuck off?
Speaker 2: You're serious?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: It was Accidental's gone soft gone So I love that. I wasie Game's gone soft.
Speaker 3: The lovely respuls that we loved. And then I hated him so much when the Broncos knocked us out where he was out. Hated him so much, loved him so much, hated him so so much. But did you see that interview with him afterwards, and you know he's saying it wasn't too bad, but he didn't seem able to remember what had happened. It was a little bit foggy for him.
Speaker 1: This is great, This is ruggble because he got he passed his HIA. Yeah, so he got knock the f out like a massive shoulder to the head passes HIA. But since it was a Category one tackle he had, he wasn't allowed to come back on even.
Speaker 3: Though it passes HIA. So great to see that that's.
Speaker 1: Going to add a little bit of neggle to the next game.
Speaker 3: It certainly is, but I mean, I'm not saying it's intentional. He did sort of slip a bit low. But you've got to say it was a pyric victory for New South Wales because in there, down down a man for the whole of the game seven minutes, take a guy's hit off.
Speaker 1: But there at least they're alad thirteen New south Wales down to twelve. Yeah, for the rest of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But that's what from the point of view of New South Wales. You've you've got this, but you now you're playing the game for twelve, so you may have enforced some kind.
Speaker 1: Of Do you think that was the they didn't think they actually targeted Resworld.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because he would have had to have slipped a bit lower to hit him the way he hit him. I mean, he didn't lead.
Speaker 1: With the shoulder he was he was going down. I reckon going down.
Speaker 3: I don't know would you would you be able to get someone on debut in to go, Okay, mat, I've got to take one for the you got to take one for the team. Well, you've got to take reswols just I can eat off of the first ten. It's like it's a terrible strategy.
Speaker 1: Well, have you heard a great, famous story that gets retold and retold about Peter Faddy Alofah. Yeah, his first when he played for Auckland MPC team and he was you know, he was fresh into New Zealand. He didn't speak a lot of English. Peter Fuddy loafa. And at halftime, the coach apparently well being John Hard or someone like, got Peter Fuddy a lofa in the corner and said, you are the biggest guy on the field. I need you to get ferocious. I need you to go out there and get ferocious. Okay, And he's like, you know, yes, boss whatever, Yeah, And he goes out and plays an absolute blinder of a second half. And then the changing room, you know, the coach Pats one of everyone goes, mate, Fats had awesome game. And then he pulled the coach aside and he's like, I think he coached, but he goes, who is ferocious?
Speaker 3: That's good story. That's a great that's a good story. You got a story like that, it'll get you through a lot of rugby charity lunches.
Speaker 1: Absolutely on that. Yeah, so yeah, that was that was Peter fans anyway. I mean Queensland absolutely humped them a record score thirty eight points to ten blue all sorts of records out of the water, old, poor old die. Henwin News a New South Wales fan had to call it last night on skys Night.
Speaker 3: He sounded he said it broken at the end of that. I'll tell you what respect to Ben Hurley because I was shooting a TV show with him yes out in Henderson until I think we finished up shooting at ten past ten. I get home and he hasn't gone home.
Speaker 1: He went straight here.
Speaker 3: He came straight here and jumped on the mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he was, he was, so what's going on? He thought things would be over by them because he committed to it. And then last night yesterday sent me a panic text saying I'm doing some shooting out in Henderson. We have finished with a half ten. So I said, it's okay. The pants man can be sidelined. And I was like, yeah, you have seen me commentatory. I could probably I can talk for eighty minutes. Yeahout problems, but I see that I'd be good. And he said like I'll just come straight here for the second half and I say, ye're good.
Speaker 3: On you on your being here.
Speaker 1: But he's a big he's a big Queensland man, so he come here with a massive heart on.
Speaker 3: He's just been racing in down the motorway with a massive heart on it one hundred and forty k to get to the studio to make the guy wear it.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that's a defense in court if you get done speeding one hundred and forty k. I was hard.
Speaker 3: It was hard for the Maroon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't control myself. It's like I can't control that and I can't control my foot when I'm the.
Speaker 3: Good guy on this, I've just been shooting a TV showed at ten thirty. I'm the good guy here. I'm trying to get in to do a bloody commentary for the State of o May. I'm not the villain here and my down is he Australian as my I don't know if as your doubt. I know for a fact that Ben Hooley's downstairs is connected to his right foot. Yeah it is, And so when he's hard, the right foot tenses and goes forward, so he's accelerating fully hard. Yeah, he's a victim in this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll take a quick break here and we'll be back with some sports washing and some T twenty World Cup action. Okay, sports washing. Matt Heath and I Stewart and I have said, bring on the washing. We're filthy. We need to be washed. When someone from the middle is going to take over the small podcast niche world of the gender, and we'll happily do it from read well, how we'll do it from Doha.
Speaker 3: I'm in wash Us. I didn't give a shit about atrocities. I've got flies all around me. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. I'll ban my wife from driving all that. Oh we're a burker, Yeah, burker, lurker, all the whole lot.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So one point six billion dollars for some rugger.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's getting close. It's getting close. It's what I'm saying. It's getting close. So we've asked for it. We've opened the door. They're knocking on everyone else's door. We've got ours a jar. We're like, come on in.
Speaker 3: Come on. It's brilliant because they just don't piss around. I know this has been said a lot. But it's just so much money that it doesn't matter if you grew at a Thunberg, You're going to take it. You know. It's just there's there's that saying, you know, money talks, bullshit walks. Yeah, and it's so true. So you you come in with something that people could probably pick up for one hundred million, yeah, and you go one point six billion and they go, well.
Speaker 1: You've just asking price is only a hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one point six billion, we'll do it for one twinter. No, we want to give you one point six billion. It's so much freakin' money that there's no question the fact that it's a country of three hundred thousand who have never shown any interest in rugby, No worries, No, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Don't care, don't care. So Kitar. They're closing and like you said, one point six million dollar deal to host billion the billion sorry, rugby's Nations Championship final for eight years. So this is the championship they're holding between World Cups. Yeah, so and they host it, and I.
Speaker 3: Mean the whole thing, the whole thing is a bit of a Rugby World Cup killer.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely. But also I think there's a part of it is the Katari royal family who are responsible for all this, in the Katari Investment Fund and all that. They're like, hey, we built these stadiums for the FIFA, yeah, and like we need to use them. And I was like, wow, we're gonna have to get teams over here, so I don't care. Just can make it make out like you're using them again.
Speaker 3: The amount of money they have, they could fly in New Zealand, crowds over there to watch. I could fly in twenty thousand kiwis.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a direct flight from Katar for Eakland, so just constantly fly us over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll go to the games.
Speaker 1: Just move us over there.
Speaker 3: We don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Move Move one hundred thousand all Blacks fans to Doha. Yah, put them up in a village. Yeah, they can talk about code and put scrumbs down at night and it looks bloody great and then go go to the game.
Speaker 3: It's it's a real like because because if you look at it's all the six nation teams and it's the Sansar teams, and then it's going to be probably Japan and Fiji.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boy, that's that's rough being out in the cold on that isn't it if you're if you're if you're out of the cold on that tournament, like I don't know some more and Tonga and the US, Yeah, Canada, Georgia is not in there, so like they're calling it the Rugby super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which what happens? I think that they said that they would host the finals of it, so I think they have it for a week and then they have the semis there and the final, but the preliminary games are still played around the world to kind of a champions League type thing, and it's just always guitar. I'm going, I'm going to super Bowl. I'm going.
Speaker 3: They need to call it something else. So when's the first one? Twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they need any name for it, though, I can't call it super Bowl. What's the good? What's a good rugby analogy? The Super Cup?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Instinct, doesn't it? The They have to have super in it probably a yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Super scrum, the super vessel, the line out, the ruck, the super ruck, the super ruck, the right ruck, your face, ruck me, ruck me, ruck me. It's the Super Final.
Speaker 1: Anyway, It's let's see, it'll be called something amazing, like the Nation's Championship.
Speaker 3: Cup, but that's rugby is going to be so weird now because you know, like the six Nations is that we've got the Rugby Championship, We've got this going on, We've got the World Cup every four years. It's it's it's gonna be interesting, isn't it like.
Speaker 1: It is going to be it's but it's a it's gonna be a But we're.
Speaker 3: Also trying to bring in tours as well, so we're also on top of that. We also want to a four Lions to full Lions tour. A talk of tours, tours to New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Again, the Lions are touring next year to Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Someone just pointed out to me, but we should target Adelaide and I think that maybe the twelfth of July next year because it's an ANZAC fifteen versus the Lions on a Saturday at the Adelaide Oval. Oh really yeah, So that and Adelaide is a good time. That new stadium is a good time and it's going to be an ANZAC fifteen. It's very made up of one of super ruggby players from both sides against the Lions, and I was like, shit, yeah, I'm under that.
Speaker 3: Let's do that, let's target that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so look out for the Ultra B tour toad, meaning to it to Adelaide. Speaking of which, T twenty World Cup has gone underway. It's kind of underway. But since we haven't played yet, I don't really care. No, so said they said the eleven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: We've got the battle that everyone in America is waiting for New Zealand versus Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are. I wonder if the US are playing in Afghanistan in America. That would be interesting, wouldn't that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they've played before but not yet credit No, so you know that might be You've been putting your money on Afghanistan there, wouldn't you in that particular skirmish, well.
Speaker 1: And any other skuamish. I think they've went eventually, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do that that it might you know, it's not gonna you know, it wasn't a twenty over contest, but they eventually they just held out.
Speaker 1: With So Pakistan smashed Ireland by eight wickets. No one really cares because it's a new format here. They're going back to the Super Super sixers, so top two teams go through to Super Sixers. Then it's like basic knockout to the final.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's too many World Cricket World Cups?
Speaker 1: No, you don't, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think there's there's been a backup of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's been a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People are confused because fifty over we had last year, we had the Aussie one, yeah, because they had been delayed from COVID. Yeah, we had India, Australia and this one all put into like three years. So people are like, why is there so many T twenty Cup? It should only be every two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, So that is the idea, but it just it's just yeah, it's just COVID and if it moves, it all really backs it up, you know, to like being under a year three and six. Yeah, whatever day is. But it is interesting because even though the fifty over game is kind of waning in importance, the fifty over World Cup seems to be the real World Cup, and the Tea twenty one feels a bit novelty, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, and it kind of I like the fact that the Tea twenty anyone can really win, like Western needs have one other couple of times, you know, Pakistan and won. You know, people teams teams that, and then you look at fifty over Western He's never going to win the fifty over again. Ever, I don't think no, it's it is true cricket because you can have proper cricket players in there. It has ebbs and flows. It's a mini Test match. You can lose five wickets and be at one hundred, but you can make it back and get to twenty, you know. But you lose five wickets and two twenty you're gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I like it in the fact that it's over in three and a half weeks. Yeah, so it starts now, it's all over the finals in like two and a half weeks time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I quite like that that it is over and it's done because the fifty over takes about eight weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then there's the World Test Championship. But I don't think any lay person, who person who's not really interested in cricket should even worry about the World Test Championship.
Speaker 3: I think that's for cricket nerds like we already won it, so it's never.
Speaker 1: But that's one you don't try and don't try and explain the World Test Championship to someone just getting into cricket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't bother, just say like that. It's nice. I saw it an onion you know, an onion post and it was like, you know, the American satorical newspaper, and it's seed to excite fans. Cricket shortened to seven days, seven day games because the Americans don't understand it at all. They're like, I don't understand that they're not playing the Test version of it. Yeah, playing the T twenty vision. Yeah, it's confused. There's a lot of people over there just sit down and there scratching the head because they would have.
Speaker 1: Been like, I thought this was a five day game. It's only three hours now.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, this one day ones and there's T twenty ones. It's like, oh my god. You know they don't do that with baseball, do they. They don't do it with the But that's what we do with our sports, don't we. Because we got like league, rugby, union seven sevens, and then you bring in Australia, you've got the A F l you know, we just divide it up, divided the audiences, that divide the audiences, you know, split it all up.
Speaker 1: So the Aussies take on Oman today. Iman Oman actually aren't too bad. Is quite a big Indian expect in Southeast Asian expect population in Oman. So they'll go all right, you'll p and g turned up, didn't they. Yeah, there's some teams in there that I'm like, U Gander. I mean, I didn't know how much crickit's played in Uganda, but obviously doing it for a reason. T twenty you can expand it to you twenty teams and it's okay, so good on them. But it all kicks off for New Zealand on Saturday. It's a super Saturday because we've got eleven thirty New Zealand Afghanistan Skysport nine. We're commentating that. I think it's me yourself and Lee Baker. Oh what a team doing that one, and then straight into Super Rugba at four o'clock and then seven thirty and then the Warriors now seventh sorry and then Warriors at seven thirty.
Speaker 3: So it's a super sety. Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to get because I'm off to Eden Park to watch the Blues and I'm like, you're going to have I'm gonna have to complete radio silence on the Warriors or just have the Warriors up on the What I did on your on your phone or something in the box the TV over to the Phoenix when you're in the box in the box, I know, but there was people like, you can't be sitting here watching soccer, mate, you're in the box at Eton Park for the footy. But you know, wow, you can. I mean people say you can't, but I did. Yeah, so what do you mean you can't?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: NBA Finals they kick off Friday, the Celtics versus the MAVs. You're following much yet, I say, Tolmy and I Stuart. It's about now I get interested in the NBA same. So there's so many meaningless games.
Speaker 3: It goes for so long. There's thousands of games that everyone knows doesn't count, and then you get to this point and then even only just starts to heat up. Now. But but this is where this is, This is when you joined basketball answers. This is the bandwagon. Jump on now. Absolutely it is the bandwagon.
Speaker 1: I'm torn actually because I love Boston Celtics, and I love defans. I love how rugged the fans are and they tune up with those big gold necklaces and they're just absolute mutants. But I also love the MAVs because I quite like Luka Doncic. I quite like the fact that he carves up. He's very unassuming kind of people. A lot of people hate him, but I quite like him. Yeah, so I'm a bit torn.
Speaker 3: I listened to Bill Burr and Bill Simmons, so like, I'm very I'm very down the Boston hole. Oh okay, yeah, you're fully invested in the Celtics. Plus I had a pair of Larry Bird socks when I was growing up.
Speaker 1: Did they go all the way Yeah?
Speaker 3: All the way up?
Speaker 1: And I was very happy with those socks. So you know, that was a very bird. Just looking back at footage of Larry Bird, what is going on there?
Speaker 3: Like terrible looking human being so good though, so good, but.
Speaker 1: Just unusual and all in all shapes. And the thing is he looked like a bird. He looked like he looked like a bird. He looked like big bird off Sesame Street.
Speaker 3: That was confusing as a child that looked like a bird or so that he plays in slow motion. Yeah, yeah, it looks like it highlights real Yeah. Yeah, it's a bit like joke it she's looking at that. He's he plays in slow mo. He's very he's just in a similar mold.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that kicks off on Friday. So at the moment, I look at the wall at the odds tomorrow with our sports book on that because heaps and money, loads of money coming on the NBA with the tab. So we'll have a look at the odds tomorrow. But for now, let's take a quick break because we've got some more yours pleases are coming hopefully none with loose stools.
Speaker 3: Yeah ways, yet they'll be coming in on Monday, yeah tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're back with yours please, yours please, brought you by Leader Home of the Right, but of yours please, but a feedback. We love the feedback that comes in through our talkback function little microphone on your ihet app. If you are listening on iHeart. If you're not listening on iHeart, that's cool, we still love you. But if you want to switch over to our iHeart, you can actually use this function and send us often abusive messages. Call it yours please good.
Speaker 5: Oh boys, Crispy Cock here, don't worry, the lights are on. Just sick thoughts on the Crusaders for since they haven't made the finals, to jump the cook straight and support the Hurricanes to big if you middle finger to Auckland because if they would have won, Aucklands would be unbearable for the next year anyway.
Speaker 3: Who wrote good insights? Krispy Cox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Krispy Coxs got interesting there. I mean, I'm quite interestried the Crusaders fans, to be honest with you, they've been pretty quiet. They have been very quiet and a little humble.
Speaker 3: They have actually a little humble, like I work with one every day, Mash Yeah and he and he's just a little They've had just an orgy of riches for so long. You know, it's it's not quite the same. It's not like it's not like a lifetime of heartache, you know. So they this is a little bit of heartache for them, but the heartache, but you know what I mean, it's not but I would imagine being an Otago fan going up against Canterbury your whole life. Yeah that's heartache, Yes, that's real heartache. Just just absolutely creaming it for years and years and years, years and years and then having a shitter. That's not proper heartache.
Speaker 1: What what I'll ask you is you're obviously you're a blue Lander, You're born in the South. She's roll in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Although interestingly, had Jeff Wilson on the show and I was full Lander when he was in oh when he was in there and mentioned the Blues.
Speaker 1: Who are the Crusaders fans second favorite team? Is it the Highlanders? Surely the Mainlanders?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it is, so it must be the Canes then, because it's certainly not.
Speaker 3: I just get the feeling they're not like that because everyone else in the country's second favorite team is the Highlanders. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, everyone loves them. But Canterbury. I'd love to hear this because Cannabrey, because you know, like growing up down there, Canterbury just does not rate a target at all. They just think it's a poohole and they rub it in all the time. And I just think that's they just wouldn't even look that. There's such assholes that they don't even look south. They look north, right, they look north. All their all their hatred is North. They just hate Auckland. In fact, they don't even They look over Wellington and hate Auckland, but I just don't think they even acknowledge South.
Speaker 1: So you reckon that. Crispy Cock's onto something here. The re Reckons, the Crusaders fan base just focus laser in onto the Hurricanes.
Speaker 3: I think I think that would be. I think that's more likely than them than them supporting the Highlanders, to be fair.
Speaker 1: Because there's no way the Chiefs will Blue, so there's no you can they pretty much lump those two regions. Anything north of Topoor, yeah, forget about that's it could be Auckland. It could be like Otto, who is disgusting. Yeah to them, they revolted by it, So not a bad And obviously he said, if the Blues win, you'll cry about it. Of course I'll cry about it because they haven't won it and so many so with the Chiefs. Yeah, and so will the so will the Hurricanes. They will be unbearable. My Hurricanes makes they're going to be unbearable.
Speaker 3: But will people say it's a win with an esterix because the Crusaders didn't make playoffs, so it's a win with an estis. Have you one of this you've beaten.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of thing that I asure because he's always goes on about the members super rugby out here districts one where the Blues and Crusaders din't even played each other during round robin and the Blues won it. Yeah, still crows on about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think that's I think the Crusaders are kind of running a low key line that this is how arrogant they are the Crusaders fans that they're like, because we didn't make it, this isn't into the playoffs, that you haven't really been tested in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That's can agree? Okay, next one yours please?
Speaker 6: With the T twenty World Cup looming this coming Saturday, I'd just like to start the conversation far early, can Joe Jo? Can you please make sure that Gilane's passport is confiscated and hidden? Yeah, so he has no particular way at all getting over to the West Indies. We don't need that man at the final if anything was your needs, we need a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of Black Caps glory.
Speaker 1: Come on, Jess Fox, South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 1: Was that a bell movement at the end or did he just kick a can or was a bell movement.
Speaker 3: It was a break that dropped out of there anyway. Yeah, so do we know where the if they picked with the what was going to be played?
Speaker 1: I think it's in Barbados, at.
Speaker 3: Barbados Lord's Imitation Stadium. I love it.
Speaker 1: I think it's Barbados. See me, I'll quickly I'll quickly search this up because I have been to Barbados before in a ill advised trip to watch the fifty over Cricket World Cup Final when I booked it when I thought we were going to win the semi against Ri Lanka and I ended up watching US Australia plays Sri Lanka in the final and I got mugged. I woke up on a beach with my belongings. So it was a great trip all round.
Speaker 3: So was there a hangout your eight? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I cannot remember. It was interesting thing to forget. It was a big night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, let's look at the final. The final as on during the thirtieth it is in. It doesn't say, it does not say, but I'm picking it's going to be either Barbados or Trinidad. Yeah, so look, if we make the final.
Speaker 3: It's a tradition.
Speaker 1: I have to go. So if we make the final, I am going I need to break this curse, and there's only one way of doing it, and that is attending more games.
Speaker 3: How many until we win arts? Will you break on your way to breaking the curse? Though?
Speaker 1: That's as many as I need to, as many as I need to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's just a fact.
Speaker 1: Is any way I'm going to break it. Otherwise, what am I going to do? Just sit at home and get colonoscopies every Monday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I could do that. Well. I'm in an interesting situation with the pen on War situation because I've drunk right through and now we're in a good record.
Speaker 1: Keep going.
Speaker 3: So I got two, I got the three. It's actually looking pretty good now, the pen on War record, it's actually even out. But we really need to do something good against the cab.
Speaker 1: You've got the reverse Cowgirls on Saturday. You should win that back to full strength. We'll discuss that tomorrow. But like you're gonna lean into the pin and one, I can you just give the finger to the pen and Ones. Now you've got people like Manie Due who get upset about it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny when when I staid on the very day that he really ripped into me and I had a low serratone that day, there was a no state to deal with it. I had been a biggie big weekend. I had nothing emotionally in the tank and the last bit of emotion if you always make things about you. And then the very next minute, he posted a picture of himself who was retiring. Ah, it was the final game for God damn it, I can't remember. And and and I posted a picture himself on the acc himself photoshopped into a picture of a player retiring. Just find it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, damn it, God, damn it, damn it, You're gonna let you back in there. I'm gonna lean into the curse. And then if people can say the high bat passports, I'm just going to tell that caller of it, you've got two passports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right. You've got to ask you. We've got to fight back against these people because they you stick your head up and they try and blame We can't be one of those countries that that that slams initiatives, you know, and your initiative and your you know your gumption and your key we battler spirit to get over to these games. It needs to be respected. It may scuttle the game, that's fine. Oh look, it's not easy to the way you risk your marriage in year out to support the teams you love.
Speaker 1: No one mentions that.
Speaker 3: No one mentions the sacrifice that grim Lane's making. No one mentions that the absolute carnage that has been committed in your bank accounts. Absolutely, the amount of unhappy shrips have been piled on your already gigantic mortgage.
Speaker 1: The amount of revenge purchases that come from my wife untold amount of financial.
Speaker 3: About that, And they don't get a shit about me arriving to work on a bloody Monday morning to do the Mattagery breakfast Shire with a raging red wine hangover, no no serotonin because I can't stop if I have two glasses of anything, I'm in for the night. No one thinks about that. No one thinks about our freaking sacrifice that we make for these stupid things we do. So how about a bit of goddamn support out there, exactly, sporting community, you know, Yeah, Fox South Canterbury, Yeah, Fux South Canbury. That's one.
Speaker 1: Yours please yours please.
Speaker 7: You get a long time listen, my first time caller, just catching up on some episodes after being over in Germany doing a rikie for the pub Caral this year and on the all Back suite. Do you think they'd have an Ellie Williams consume service where you can, you know, go down and ask when Ellie Williams and someone will show up with some of the Parisian sneezing powder.
Speaker 1: Just a thought. That's the good, that's the that's referring back to when we discussed the All Blacks Hotel that has been mooted for the Key Park and the fact that if it's going to be All Blacks Hotel, I'm expecting offer Tom with Fussy on the door. I want Aaron Smith as the bell hop. I want being from accounts in the back office. And this is referring to obviously Ali Williams and the and the Beggy oh yeah, and the Beggy situation sort of like a beggy bell boy. Yeah, so you could ass a room service. I'm just bring out Ali Williams and King for a qing for a Beggy and it gets a livered to your room. But I think it the only way you can have an all blacks hotel as if fully lean into it. Yeah, you've got former all blacks in, they're doing jobs. Otherwise it's just.
Speaker 3: Going to be a right cleaning the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got John Gallagher, he's buying the bar, mixing cocktails, smoking, Joe Stanley, he would run it.
Speaker 3: David Kirk. David Kirk would be the running what's the top the top job at a hotel at.
Speaker 1: Very successful businessman obviously David Kirk, maybe David Cook maybe still on the board. Yeah, yep, a board of directors. But you know i'd have Tane Randall running the joint.
Speaker 3: Seawan's fit Patrick you might want to have in some kind of leadership role. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have Norm Hewitt behind the bar as well, mixing cocktails and put and you know if you lock yourself out of your room, you'll smash in the ranch slader and get you in.
Speaker 3: Norm Hewitt. Yeah, yeah, yep, yep, I think we can still get him.
Speaker 1: I mean behind the desk. You probably want some good lookers behind the desk just to welcome guests.
Speaker 3: Spencer con situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Carlos, you're probably talking who's the dream boat that James mcconey's in love with for my chief Richard Richard. You want Richard car And yeah, and I mean obviously you want Ruben Love there as well. And imagine that. Imagine people will be queuing out the door.
Speaker 3: To check in. You got room for Dan Carter in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, potentially maybe, I don't know, work in the rooms.
Speaker 3: I can see Kieren Reid running a bar. Yeah, you know, running running.
Speaker 1: Someone who's ran the buffet Ian Foster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I Steve Hanson. You have Steve Hanson, and you know you want people that are x buffet experts. You I'd love, I'd love the ad for it, and we've got.
Speaker 1: You have choices. You have choices. You can go to the Hanson or the Foster.
Speaker 3: The Henson Foster, the biggest buffet in Auckland, in Auckland.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was a good sush. Yeah, I mean yeah, you could beggar from it. If anyway, like that's a shame that'll never have The hotel will never happen. But if it does, maybe we should build that fantasy hotel. So if you think suggest any other all blacks for any other jobs within the all black hotel let us know on the talkback, we'll slide into the teams, but we'll be back tomorrow with another agenda. Also, we'll be back tomorrow with the ACC Sports Book, which is on a bit of a heater if you got your pens out last week with Carl from the Tab, so we're releasing that tomorrow as well. But until then, see you.
Speaker 3: Ladder, see you Lada.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for withom you get your podcasts.