Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden Tour of Munich and brought to you here as always by Export lt to the Bear for here this is the Agenda Podcast for Actually it's Wednesday, the twenty fifth of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast Live from the Export on Tram Beer Garden Tour of Munich.
Speaker 1: And we are husks of our former selves at this point, two back to back days at Octoberfest has really taken a toll. I sort of did the counting up after the first day. I think I had nine steins, eight nine stones, nine times. I think I was just saying last night I had about eight glasses of water. I did not go to the bathroom once. Is how dehydrated I am.
Speaker 2: I don't know where do we start.
Speaker 3: If anyone's seen my soul, can you can you like return it to do something?
Speaker 4: Let me know. I don't know where it's gone. I'm in all sorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at one point this a battle.
Speaker 1: Eleven o'clock last night is just like I'm done and just walked out of the fst by himself.
Speaker 4: Well, I knew that if I didn't go walk.
Speaker 2: A hobble, it was a very Oh yeah, it's a shuffle.
Speaker 3: I couldn't walk straight, so you know, when you're trying your hardest to walk in the straight line, I just couldn't. But I knew that if I didn't go at that moment, I was going to end up asleep underneath one of those rides and I would get waken up again by someone the next time.
Speaker 4: I'm amazed. I got home.
Speaker 2: Probably the funnest forty eight hours of my life. Actually, that was. Oh, it's hard to describe it.
Speaker 1: I was saying to one of the fellows that's on the trip with us, who's from Timaru, and like, if you try to explain it to your mate's back home, they'll just picture the Caroline Bay Carnival bit a bit.
Speaker 2: Bigger, Yeah, you know, but it's nothing like that at all.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It is huge, isn't it. It's a Disneyland for adults, yeah, but with a German theme. Yes, it's so weird. The German theme part is the strange thing. I mean, everyone dressed up.
Speaker 1: Yes, every single person there, and you don't have to pay to get in, you just walk in. You can walk into any hint you want as well. But the what they've nailed with the leader hose, and I think we talked about it yesterday, is that the dudes look wacky and the checks look hot, and that is the perfect mix for getting on the past because the check doesn't want to look goofy when she goes out exactly dress and they don't.
Speaker 4: They look hot.
Speaker 1: The duades look wacky because they got leave the shorts and long socks on.
Speaker 2: So they're here.
Speaker 1: We go and it's hard to have a bad vibe. I didn't see one fight. I didn't see anything. I didn't see any bad behavior because it's hard to start a scrap when you were to leave the shorts. Well, that's so true. The toughest gun. Yeah, we ended up and the lizard tin. We said you wanted it though, I said, we can't go to the lizard tin.
Speaker 5: And the lizard tin is the whole brouse, which is renowned for Kiwis and Aussies. It's called the pig pin underneath the circling peg. I said, you don't want to go to the pig pin, you don't want to go to the lizard tin. And you're like, I'm ready for the lizards.
Speaker 3: I just wanted such a good time and the what did we go to yesterday? Checking tin on the other one. Actually the day before they laughing, bru It's such a great time there. I was like, maybe the best day of my life. Singing, dancing, drinking, making new friends was so good. And then standing on tables and then I thought, okay, I want to take it up a notch. I don't even want to go that again. I want to I want to see what's worst. And I said, come on, Lane, let's go to the lizard tin. You're like, I'm not We're not going to the lizard Tin.
Speaker 5: I didn't want you to go to the I didn't want anyone to go to the lizard tent. But you were like, no, full lizard. I needed to see for I needed to go full lizard and.
Speaker 4: Grossed. I now know why.
Speaker 3: The problem is that, Tin. If that if you were a person, Lane, you'd be that tent. That is you, a full lizard.
Speaker 6: That's inside of Lane's head, that is you.
Speaker 3: And that's why you don't want to go is because you knew that. As soon as I died, I wasn't hiding from that fact. Oh my god, and beg shout out to callum who got me home? Oh he he's put his back out.
Speaker 2: Oh that that is.
Speaker 5: That's that's the tribute to the men who had to carry a ninety five kg carcas home with them.
Speaker 2: It's the states.
Speaker 4: Blood grazed knees.
Speaker 6: No, that was that's the heel. You're a grown man, you've got knees.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look obviously falling over all.
Speaker 6: Over Calum and I.
Speaker 5: We had a couple of locations with a capital of Mercedes Park cars.
Speaker 1: We I just went for a walk down the street. They sell october fist kits. I just bought one. You get a pack of tissues, you get a couple of panadoles, there's some disinfectant wipes, there's band aids.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've got one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think brought We wouldn't do that in New Zealand. You can never make the all right, you're going to get sucked up. Here's the kit to help you when you get back.
Speaker 3: Electrolytes in It really is the ambulance at the bottom of the clip.
Speaker 1: We walked into the pharmacy and I was like, oh, look, I've got to run in nose. Joe's got salt throat, lads got cuts all over his feet, and the go goes, oh, you want an octoberfish kid.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, on top of bears and everything we needed my highlight from yesterday. Well actually know it's this morning watching in the video anyone who's been to Oktoberfish is a certain ride. It's a kid's slide, that's anyway I can describe it as a kid slide. But the only way to get to the top of the kid's slide is enormous as a very fast moving conveyor belt which never stops, like they don't stop it for anyone, and you've got to get on it and lean forward. And basically from about seven pm onwards there's just drunk counts trying.
Speaker 2: To do this ride.
Speaker 5: And I stayed away from it and then sing videos if you and choke This morning made.
Speaker 2: My heart sank.
Speaker 1: So this is immediately after Jerry had left Excel our dear friend, the local German who just seemed to appear out of the woodwork at random points. He goes, We're like, we're about to leave it. He goes, before we leave, you've got to go and try this thing.
Speaker 2: You what he was doing?
Speaker 1: So I get up there and the guy goes, right, get it, get a run up, jump on, lean forward, do not hold onto the rail because the rails not moving and the floor is so just get a run up, don't touch the rail. It's I don't touch rail, don't touch the rail, don't touch the rail. I get a runner blind, drunk to I get a waddle up, don't jump onto it, and I loose my foot and grab the rail feed up in the air and then just got shot out like a cannon at the top of the convey.
Speaker 7: So was that the ride the slide slow thing is he goes your crop, come down and come down and on a kid's slide.
Speaker 2: The humiliation wasn't complete after that.
Speaker 1: Down the slide it's much more human the part down the bottom.
Speaker 4: So the slide is the rider's.
Speaker 1: Joe coming down the slide and then here's me stuck at the bottom of the slide.
Speaker 4: It does so shed sucks.
Speaker 2: It's so rickety. To god, it was terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's so high you'd probably be five or six stories and there no three or four. It was bloody high and terrifying, but hilarious. And then after that we went to this other tent and it was well, we saw a queue and a massive crowd of people inside this tent. We said, what the hell are they They're all looking at something in the middle, cheering. So we've got to pay. We've got to find out what this is. We walk in and it's like a spinning another convey about situation. It's a picture like a luggage carousel, but it's just one giant round thing. There's about ten people sitting on it and it's spinning at a million miles an hour while people throw less us at them and giant like balls drop from the ceiling to knock these people off. What And you've got to stay on for as long as you possibly can. And people in the crowd are gambling with each other, and then after the round is finished, they've got this old colonial German gentleman sitting on the microphone and he'll he was I don't know what he was saying, but man, he sounded funny. He was commentating the whole thing and just had this real angry tone about him. And then so I turned to a German.
Speaker 4: Do next to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the fuck is happening here?
Speaker 1: And he said, so each round he'll say something like if you have long leader hosen, if you have short leader hos it, if you have brown here, then you go up, you know, and so he was a long leaders in all those people they go and whoever can stay on for the longest wins, and by the way, they win nothing.
Speaker 4: And this thing is.
Speaker 5: Spinning the whole time, so it doesn't never stop. So if you get spared off, oh yeah, you go flying.
Speaker 1: And also there's people with giant fucking lessoos trying to pull you off the thing as well, and other people trying to push you off. So I go, oh, okay, so long leaders. He goes, yeah, so you've my leader hosen came past my knee. So if he says leader hose and passing that, you should have a crack.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we stand there at the round finishes.
Speaker 1: Then the next round he yells something and all these people go on, and I noticed that they all had one thing in common. They were all of some sort of African descent. And I turned the old arms next to me, was like, what's he called down here? And he goes, ah, if you are black that he was trying to paint it as this wholesome like if you're this, yeah, he's He's just said black people, which is so so all of the black people in the crowd are now in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of that king less suit. It was it was wow.
Speaker 1: And the woman that by the time that she came off the thing, she was basically hold tide skirt up around he and I was like, well, weird, right, let's get out of here.
Speaker 6: What the hell.
Speaker 1: There was the there's a video of it, not that round a different round top on the Instagram story.
Speaker 6: Can't have a look, try and make heads and tails of it.
Speaker 1: I think the other social media thing that actually I cocked a bit of concern from friends and family funk or used Today morning, what's this video?
Speaker 2: You're doing drugs?
Speaker 1: All ever?
Speaker 2: So sure?
Speaker 1: And ger Lane's in a dancing chicken hat telling y'all, and I was like, no, it's what do they call it?
Speaker 2: Snuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a used to have caffeine and it doesn't anymore. It's just menthol. Yeah, it's just a menthol powder, which the way the waiter said, it's it's called october fairst cocaine, and he goes, yeah, go for it, just put on your hand.
Speaker 1: But it's yeah, but it's like sniffing dried toothpaste, yeah, or like yes to what's the point of it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It does clean it does. It cleans your nasal passage for a bit, and then it blocks it up later yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you lose your voice. It got the desired effect.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of messages as well, yours from friends and family.
Speaker 3: Mine was mainly from legal so that video doesn't exist anymore. Then take it down.
Speaker 2: It's good, but the people were doing it now like Scarface.
Speaker 5: People just came back up powder all over their faces and no one came a ship.
Speaker 2: You know, another beer and your face, guys, stay, that's so good.
Speaker 1: Only in Germany would someone see a guy with white powder all over their face? And would you like a lead of six and a half percent beer? Absolutely bring it out and a pork knuckle. Pork knuckle is delicious. The tents, it's all sort of blurring into into one thing. Did you guys go on any of the rides?
Speaker 4: I went on the Fairest Wheel for the second time in two days. That's the only right.
Speaker 3: For the reason, I just keep going for the fairest wheels.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I tried to get an aperol sprits on there, and they didn't allow me to take an aperol sprits on board.
Speaker 5: The Okay, first, he's backing up an aperol sprits at the beer face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Kate brought me in aperol spirits and all sort of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah me. There was four of us there and we got them. I think, what didn't help?
Speaker 4: You got one too.
Speaker 2: I carry that it didn't help that we.
Speaker 1: Just about fell out of a jandle's walking to like from where we bought.
Speaker 2: The stuff to the Fairest Wheel.
Speaker 3: They don't seem to mind, though, They're like, yeah, I hop up in that, don't worry, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Just don't take your drink.
Speaker 2: Don't take your drink.
Speaker 4: Don't take We're not smoking it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well not technically. I did get told off for smoking at one point. Really yeah, yeah, you got me. I went on that Fairest Will three times and I think I would have got through a pack and a half.
Speaker 3: And I don't remember even looking out from it like I was on the first you were on the fierste you were, I don't know if you were yesterday. I've got I wasn't yesterday. I was recaving from whipplesh. I was laughing so much on the Fairest weel just joking with the people that were in my little in my little bubble, yeah, and I just I forgot to even look out. The next thing, you know, the ride was over and I was like, oh wi gow He with like, yeah we did. We did like four or five laps.
Speaker 6: Okay, very chill the fair as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good song.
Speaker 1: I couldn't stomach the roller coasters or anything I did.
Speaker 2: I did the rock roller coaster. Yeah, there's a photo.
Speaker 5: There is a photo circulating, and I if you think my soul had left me on day one, there's no soul, Like there's a photo, and Thenastasia's next to me having the time of her life and I am basically gone.
Speaker 1: At one point on the first night we went that we found bumper cars. Oh you had the They were good fun, but you had the chicking head on. And I was doing laps of the bumper car thing, you know, bumming into people. I turned the corner and someone had hit lane and his car hage stopped.
Speaker 4: Across the other side of a target.
Speaker 3: He were well, Joe, jury is a tag because because can't let it moved anywhere.
Speaker 4: So he was just you couldn't get a token to go into the thing, so he's just sitting there. He couldn't even move.
Speaker 1: So when I came around the corner and I just see Lane sitting there in his car, is not moving, my eyes lit up and I pull on head on and the bumpers. I hit him so hard the chicken hat came off when flying across the rink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I t boned number the blindsided him.
Speaker 3: He didn't see me coming or and I just watched his neck just just terrible weblash.
Speaker 5: That is one of the most real life examples of why you should never get behind the wheel.
Speaker 3: After a few pers It's been a long time since I've been on the dodge, and I forget.
Speaker 4: You turn the wheel and then all of a sudden it starts going backwards. Yes, so you don't quite you never quite can steer it perfectly.
Speaker 1: I could not wrap my head around the steering mechanism. No, I just said when it came to t bating me straight line drive against later, all of a sudden it made sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there's a million rides. For some reason, I sort of forgot really about the rides part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I didn't even know that there was a big part of it. I've only even seen the videos of the tents, but the rollercoasters and that kind of thing itself would have been probably the biggest thing in New Zealand had ever seen if it was in New Zealand. The motorbike dudes, the motorbike Circle of Death.
Speaker 5: Without helmets, helmet, no helmets, no safety inknit. So basically it's like this colosseum of dudes riding. Well, they look like Indian motorbikes or in fields or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like basically a picture like the inside of a barrel is basically what they're in. And they start riding around and around and around, like horizontal to the floor, up and down. You're standing at the top of it looking down. It's terrifying. They come so close to you. You could high five of them if you want to. One of the guys was like riding side Settle. He was sitting on the handlebars. At one point he's like not locking, who's going. Then at one point all four of them are going at the same time. It was one of the wildest things I've ever seen in my life. It was such a I don't know, I don't even know how to describe it. I think there's a video of it.
Speaker 5: But also at the end of it, because Excellent, the our dear friend Excellent was translating for us. But at the end, the very last ride, they say that they can't get life insurance, yes, or any insurance, so if you could please contribute, and everyone befts money into the barrel. So they're riding around these these euros floating down to the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 1: I tipped them twenty euros, which is forty bucks. It is that a fucking twenty Oh No, I think.
Speaker 2: I've ever got no health insurance?
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't want to ensure them either. Shit, no, there's no way you I mean how I don't know. Did Xel tell you how often someone has a crash?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: Well, that's my third time in that barrel. You love the barrel for me, I came out more injured than than the guys in the motorbikes.
Speaker 2: The barrel roaders.
Speaker 4: Is that why you've got all your grazes? Do you fat?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Well, look at your knees, man, Wow, it could have been worse.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, maybe if you broke your leg it could be worse. Maybe a deep cat or something like that, like you've got them all up here. It looks like you've been at the bottom of a ruck. Well, did you get rucked? Oh yeah, what's that?
Speaker 8: No, Callum and I we did actually put a scrum down against against the Mercedes. Mercedes was getting smart. We took it on, packed out a two man scrum.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I woke last night too, so I sort of made my way home and then went to bed, and I awoke to the lights turning on and then just like there's just Lane just staring at me with a blank look on his face, like you look like.
Speaker 4: He lost his soul completely to be home, and Callum looking.
Speaker 3: And Callum pokes his hit around the corner. And then I know what you two were doing. But like you talk about fifteen minutes to go to bed, you were fluffing and fluffing, and there's a lot of shushing, but you were speaking so loud to be like yelling at me in mixing you'd be, but you shushing was even louder than than the talking. And then finally you went to bed in your clothes, but you didn't lie on the bed. You just lay on the end of the bed and you just lay face up, just snoring like.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of issues. There was a lot of it. We've had a couple of those. On the first night, Joe came back into our room. I don't know how, but I came home much later than him and he wasn't in the room. And then later on that night he did what Matt Heath did last year in Paris, where he opened the wrong door in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and all of a sudden locked himself out the way indies.
Speaker 2: I had to go down to reception.
Speaker 4: It's not the first time he's done that.
Speaker 2: Heath did it last year. No, he did.
Speaker 5: He was heating in the I think he urinating in the fire fire escape.
Speaker 3: Where's the problem? You're out there and you've gone to go to the toilet. You're still going to go to the toilet. And then the pressure comes on because it's like, we can't get off my floor. Are we going to go? You just look for pop flows.
Speaker 2: Anyone on the left with you when you're in there.
Speaker 1: The other thing is he gets to the counter and she's like what rumor? And she's like, oh, I don't know, And you got that card you had a GISs out of it, and they said, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: In the room.
Speaker 4: Oh no, and then.
Speaker 6: Find a ship.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We woke up this morning and yesterday I decided that we needed to do a load of laundry. So we went for a walk and dropped the laundry off. When we put our bags with these two plastic bags full of our clothes, the whole German lady behind the thing just goes MO and me, why was she bad smell? She didn't want to wash the clothes. She was trying to dissuade us at every opportunity. She charged us seventy euros in the inn for both of them. He laundry mat and the person who job to wash clothes. She didn't want to wash.
Speaker 4: Your cloth seventy euros.
Speaker 3: I never had one hundred and forty hundred forty dollars to wash your clothes.
Speaker 6: Well, it gets worse because we went back to check this morning.
Speaker 2: The place's shots.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we're going to leave today.
Speaker 2: We leave today. You just gifted your clothes.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't gifted you paid for it.
Speaker 4: You paid them to steal your clothes. Wow.
Speaker 1: So we were saying, if you come back to october Fish next year you'll find a bunch of doades dressed up like a sc wounders.
Speaker 2: They've got all of our clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeh explored ultra party shirts A fuck absolute disaster. So that's our first portocoll after we finish does po CA. I'm gotta say, I think if you are coming to Octoberfest, I think two days is about the sweet spot. Yeah, because by that second day I felt like I knew what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first day you spend bewildered trying to figure it all out.
Speaker 4: What's this?
Speaker 1: What's there? I'm going to try everything. Second day I felt like I settled into it a little bit. I knew the protocols and knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 4: That was the thing.
Speaker 3: We didn't even see what I mean, I think I didn't even see a quarter. I probably saw a quarter of Oh. Yeah, we didn't go into every into every hall. No, there were heaps that we didn't go into.
Speaker 1: This is a very new Zealand thing. We and I've noticed this and all of the places we've been. We sit down and we'll stay there for like six hours, whereas Europeans they'll come and they'll have one drink, they'll move on to the next bar. Yeah, I think, because there's not enough bars back home, so we don't there's not like another.
Speaker 2: Place to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But we sat outsidewhere and tried to get into one of the halls and we did and we went up the front and we were dancing on the tables, and then they had a booking for a certain time, so they cleared us out of the tables and we're like, oh, we'll just go and sit outside. Well, they clear this up and then we'll figure it out. Were there like three hours? Yeah, yeah, sitting outside finishing our drinks, finishing our drinks, right, they bg you down, you can't get out.
Speaker 3: Well, there's table service. I mean, that's the amazing thing. And and you some of the strengths of some of the Why so why are there any female waiters waitresses.
Speaker 5: There was a couple of dudes in the Lizard Tent.
Speaker 2: There was dudes in the Peak Pin.
Speaker 4: I don't think, oh they don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think that going to the Lizard.
Speaker 1: The Lizard Tent was just so virial, great great band though the band played.
Speaker 3: All in English. Yeah, yeah, because I knew it's a targeting and it was. They went healthful over that band. It was more of a concert really. It was United Nations though, because like we were with some Italians, then we're hanging out with some Indians, and then there was some New Zealanders.
Speaker 4: Then there was a Canadian. We're hanging out with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Canadian got up and scaled the steine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did it in about three seconds and then got off and it was very disappointed.
Speaker 4: His name Dylan Dylan. Yeah, Dylan, he's.
Speaker 5: Got up, big beard, stood up. He got the crowd going first. Yes, it's still on the table, but it's like, I love the fact he got everyone to look and he nicked his sign, got back off and a waights like another beer.
Speaker 2: Beer, like it is good.
Speaker 1: And just like you said, the Lizard tint there were lizards in there.
Speaker 3: We were we were four of them. We can't sit down at the Lizard tin. It's standing only standing. Lena's yeah, which is helpful. I mean everyone's going to stand up anyway. That's what I've sort of noticede everyone stands on the tables. Yeah, that's right with.
Speaker 5: The old tradition of the lizard tint is and the weekends when all the fall lizards come.
Speaker 2: You can't wear under You can't wear underwear in there?
Speaker 4: Why not? I don't know.
Speaker 2: They take you.
Speaker 5: They pulled the underwear off you, like basically rip it off you, and then they throw it up onto the rotating peg above you. Because you saw the rotating per gay with the glockenspield with the glocke.
Speaker 4: It turns.
Speaker 5: And then the end of the weekend, it's the cabin and bras undies. It's just ripping of underwear. That's full lizard. But the midweek lizards and is the weekend lizards because they're not good.
Speaker 4: We were midweek lizards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can imagine that the Saturday night lizards must be next level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the undies mustn't be good because said before, Joe and I have got about one pair of undies between us at the moment. All of our clothes are locked away in the fucking dry cleaner and Central Munich.
Speaker 5: If you're an experienced lizard, you go with like undies ready to go, so you'll have a p official special undies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not just the guys.
Speaker 5: Girls as well get the bras and because everything gets taken.
Speaker 3: Off there weren't a lot of females in the in the lizard zone.
Speaker 2: There's a reason.
Speaker 5: Did you notice they notice that huge sausage fest in the lizard zone.
Speaker 3: So the Lizard, the Lizard ten again, opera house, half half hb everyone goes h boo.
Speaker 4: And it's one of the bigger ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, like, I don't know if I go back to the I wouldn't go back to the Lizard tent again.
Speaker 4: Well I did like the middle Ground.
Speaker 5: You wanted to see the Lizard t so you now you've seen it. It was just about jammed in loft and brow was the best one.
Speaker 4: Great there was a yellow tin right Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great spectrumer because when we went in yesterday we had lunch at the Golden.
Speaker 2: Chicken Chicken House. The Chicken House, Yeah, chicken house.
Speaker 1: So you go and it's like this old wooden log cabin and it's got a giant chicken on.
Speaker 2: Top of it.
Speaker 1: As you do, you go inside and it's like it feels like a little like old Wild West saloon sort of. You're sitting in little booths. They came out and serve you. You wouldn't believe this chicken, how good is the chicken mat tremenda? Is that chicken juicy? It was so delicious and God, they don't funk around with the once you order it. The next time you see your way, do they have your food in the hand ready to go? It's like two minutes.
Speaker 5: The potato salad also is a tub each of potatoes and butter.
Speaker 1: And that's all it us. You get a meat and the spuds and that's it. Because they're like, we know what we're doing, Like this is good. Ship both these ingredients. It's basically gout. We just had gout for lunch, massive gout rich.
Speaker 2: How is the lynx and the toilet?
Speaker 4: So what did you do to the Why did you do it?
Speaker 3: Ship around the outside of the toilet? Why did you shoot on the toilet? You came back and you're like, oh, you don't want to you don't want to sit down, and.
Speaker 4: It's like it's discussed with you.
Speaker 6: The sun was still up at that point as well.
Speaker 2: It's not a lizard tin. It was becoming that way.
Speaker 1: I mean we got through three steines each sitting there, three steins of espresso Martini.
Speaker 4: Yespresially Martini. That tod' help.
Speaker 3: I bought a jingle jngle thing go around to go on my leader housend on the front of my leader housend. But it just added a huge amount of complication to getting my getting my bets out because you.
Speaker 4: Know, on the in the leading housing it's really hard. You've got to undo.
Speaker 3: Firstly, you put the flap down and then you've and then that's got two buttons on it, so you got to undo this buttons, and then there's the next bit and and then there's three buttons in there that you've got, so if you if you're in a hurry, it's it's not good, you know.
Speaker 1: And there's a wood buttons through leather as well, so that's white fid negally.
Speaker 3: And so this jingle jngle thing just goes from one button to the other in front of your downstairs and jingles angles in front of it, and it's got like, you know a bit of an old tooth and then some some here from something that you killed. Basically you want to put things that you've killed on you. That's the whole German idea. And so you've got the jingle jingle in front, and I had to try and get the bloody jingle jngle out of the way, and it just added this level of complication.
Speaker 9: You have to unhatch the jingle jingle and dangle dangle, No, you sort of lift it up. I ended up going way through the jingle jingle. No, I'm just like, oh, I can't be by well, I couldn't get it up. I couldn't get it up, but I couldn't left the bloody thing all the flaps, and I've got too many things to hold.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to push the jingle jingle to the side bag. I'm just going through the.
Speaker 6: So it's dripping passes. You come back to the list.
Speaker 1: You quite a bit going on by the interviews today, because they also come around and took our photo and then they said, do you guys want to buy it? Not really, And then all of a sudden, you've got this giant love heart photo frame thing.
Speaker 4: I vaguely remember that where are they? Where are they?
Speaker 2: They make it?
Speaker 4: Hans in our room. Yeah, and we've got it and it says it.
Speaker 1: Says wow guys. On the side of it just says we have wow guys, which I don't really know that that. I mean, that doesn't mean much to me In English. I don't know if it's a German thinks it was.
Speaker 3: Part of our thing is that if if anyone comes by and offers you anything, you have to buy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was ours.
Speaker 3: So we ended up buying roses, pins, pans, a jingle jingle thing. Chicken had that stupid photo with the love heart the snuff badgers. But yeah, real breath of fresh air who I bought a badge of. And what else is in and some photos that we had taken.
Speaker 2: What's the pig thing?
Speaker 1: Did you notice that the frail lines they have pigs and they just clip them onto their dress and they have different things written on them.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it means.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I know that if you do your bow up to the right, it means that you're married, and if you do it up to the left, it means that you're available. Yes, actually what a good system. And the medals and the metal means you're married. But you'll have a crack.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Kate, who was probably the only actually the only female that was with us on the second On the second day, she she.
Speaker 2: Showed up with it tired on the wrong side.
Speaker 1: She didn't know that, so she showed up and so she said, oh my god, I had no idea. I'll change it over to the other side. But what was more concerning is that she also didn't have a winning ring on, so that was harder to explain.
Speaker 2: Jee's got the photo.
Speaker 3: Now here's the photo, which says Groff far Oktoberfest. Yeah, and there we would look like a bunch of lizards.
Speaker 4: Look at us.
Speaker 2: Well that's even before the lizard tin you got. He shared his pants.
Speaker 6: Oh my godhel shared his pants. That's right, he shared his pants.
Speaker 4: Callum.
Speaker 2: He saved my life.
Speaker 6: Callum also saved my life the night before then.
Speaker 9: You got James King Lizard, King Lizard at the doors of You're the King Lizard.
Speaker 3: I definitely wasn't. I wasn't King Lizard. You are one hundred Look at your face. You look to do something. There's your new look and a photos. You just have no soul.
Speaker 6: There is doesn't lie the soul to be found there.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was prelizard.
Speaker 2: I think we did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the first night Fell went missing and people were like, well, where's Fell? Were a little bit concerned. You didn't hear from him? Well, Fell shit himself in his leaders.
Speaker 2: Ever shit yourself yourself in.
Speaker 5: A leader hosen is probably the best best result because he.
Speaker 4: Hos it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. Well that's why it's called leader hosen, hose the ship out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So then he found himself at a laundromer.
Speaker 1: At about ten o'clock at night and the ship out of his leaders and the people were concerned.
Speaker 6: So we've got a group chat going and the people sa fell you okay, mate, where are You're not in the hotel room? You're not the October this and then needed to come into the group chair.
Speaker 2: But how do I put this?
Speaker 1: I don't know how to put this because before we even got there, he had been having crooked guts, you know, but a balley belly sort of situation.
Speaker 6: And yeah, he had been really gone through it.
Speaker 2: But he sold it.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't have. He showed himself. There was another incident where two people fell into each other on the first night. There was an injury that resulted from that. It was it was it was Carna's. But it was all so much fun. There's something about it. It's not like the vibe there is is just great, such a great vibe.
Speaker 6: Man, even though you sit in the in the lizard tent.
Speaker 3: Although now the vibe inside of my head's not great. I've gotta be honest. It's challenging, challenging, that's all right. There, you've got twenty four hours on a plane.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's that I'm most worried about. Oh my god. Not being able to move.
Speaker 2: I couldn't imagine. I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 6: I'm doing seven and then stopping in Dubai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to see your heavybi.
Speaker 1: I'm going to see that the bees forty seven degrees it is in Dubai today.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, your note that it never gets to fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does get to fifty, but they don't do it because that means everyone has to stop work.
Speaker 6: Right, right, So there are some worker rights there there, don't.
Speaker 3: You don't really outside though, No, there's no need. Well that's over forty degrees. It might as well be negative forty degrees. It's no difference. You just can't go outside. They're gott to pull there. But I don't even want to see it. Forty seven is really hot. Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 4: That's so hot.
Speaker 3: I've been in forty seven before. It's wow. Yeah, yeah, it's it's like being in an oven, Yeah, an actual oven.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: When you open the front door and that heat heats you. Does it feels like you've you're just checking your spuds. Yeah, it's yeah, it's a full noise anyway. So we've got about what another six hours before our flight, no flight at ten thirty spots. But we're gonna, oh yes, six o'clock, six o'clock sort of bring out there or taxing or whatever the hell we're doing. At some point in there, Joel and I gonna have to go and wrestle a bushka for our clothes back.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 6: I don't know, is there anything else?
Speaker 2: Am I reckon?
Speaker 4: They've burnt them.
Speaker 5: We can have gone and disincinerated them.
Speaker 6: So we knocked this thing on the head. In anything else? Anything else?
Speaker 2: Do you guys have anything anything? I forgot nothing, nothing. Let's knock this thing on the head.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with another podcast at some point in the future when when we find our souls.
Speaker 4: I see then