Speaker 1: I can know the regular league fans and welcome back into the Mad Monday Podcast, brought to you as always by four and twenty pies, the perfect at home snack for watching rugby league until midnight on a Wednesday. My name is Tino. I saw a Monday AOI. I'm joined by Adam Vanua Kezy this morning, Kezy? How you How did you pull up this morning after Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Origin? Yeah, I was all good.
Speaker 1: I actually on the way home stopped at Wendy's Oh and got some nuggies and a little chicken Berger there. Even after all those Mad Traveler pies that we had. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I was still hungry. Yeah, and so I ate that watched something, went to sleep at like one am. Yeah, and then because I do afternoon radio, I just set my arm for eight thirty. Oh goodness, goal luxurious. Yeah yeah, sleeper. How did you pull up? I did the same thing. Oh really yeah, one hundred percent. But yeah, no, it was like it was a hell of a game last night.
Speaker 2: Origin three.
Speaker 1: The when I was saying this this morning on the Agenda podcast, we were watching it last night right on my place and the bottom right hand corner because it was nine not fox no, no, no, yeah, And they had the clock but it just said one h for the start of the game. It was funny. Ages were like, what the hell has scored? Then eventually it flicked over and it was counting down. Then they switched it and it was counting back up. Anyway, long short of that was when I finally found out how long the game had been going for. It only said eight minutes, and I was like, yeah, I've been watching this since I was about ten years old. This game has gone on forever in a good way. It wasn't dragging, no, it was just frantic.
Speaker 2: It was so much action. Man, it was hictic from the get go, and.
Speaker 1: It was obviously that origin intensity that everyone talks about. And then the dudes that were leading the charge like Pat Carrigan, I've never seen him that rived up before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I reckon.
Speaker 1: There are about six high shots in the first sort of ten minutes that the Rift did not give a shit about. Whereas when your regular season NRL a slight slap to the face, these days they're sitting you off for an HIA and it's just because that's the rules.
Speaker 2: Hi A.
Speaker 1: Speaking of hs Angus Crichton past and Hi A, it wasn't as it wasn't his head that got knocked. He had a horizontal scorpion where he bend his head backwards. It was a neckershoe. I don't think it was that is it was a head knock.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I saw that it was with Reese Walsh's hip. I believe it was. It was a spinal injury.
Speaker 1: But they showed it, and they showed like, let's get one thing straight. Yes, that was terrible for his spine and his neck, and he will be in a wheelchair at some stage, that's right. But also watching that in slow motion, his eyes rolled back into his head. He was con cast. But because it's origin, there was an origin style, hi A, And then just let him come back. I don't know if you've seen have you ever seen the picture of the human nervous system and it's been pulled out of the body and you can see where all the nerves go. No, the eyes are connected to the to the brain are looking at That sounds real messed up because I'm a Rugby League fan and I need to understand the machinations of the human body.
Speaker 2: Chris right, So the eyes, yes.
Speaker 1: Are connected to the brain connected to the theme of the spinal cord, which is what he hit. And it's basically like remember those toys we pull a little string and the arms come up and the leagues come out. Yeah, basically he did that with his spinal cord. As I reckon, his spinal cord got pulled so hard that it rolled his eyes into the back of his head right, making it look like he was concussed. But actually it was just that his spinal cord had been ripped out, which is fine, yea. And it came right and he played on.
Speaker 2: Rust not only play on, but then get the Man of the series. He was excellent.
Speaker 1: He was excellent, And I can't believe at the start of the season there were all these like whispers around the roosters, you know, wanting to sign David Forfeeda to replace him and blah blah blah. Meanwhile, towards the end of the season, Dave Forafete is not even in the Queensland side and Angus Crichton is Man of the Series.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I wouldn't. I can't believe it because at the time he wasn't playing that well.
Speaker 1: He was playing terrible and all those rumors going around at him and Amsterdam taking mushies, and I.
Speaker 2: Saw a good interview with him. Actually, it's worth going and listen to. I haven't seen that one, you know, the one you're talking about.
Speaker 1: It because I thought when I tuned into it, I was like, Oh, here we go. This is going to be the straight bat. He's going to bullshit his way through all this stuff. He didn't, didn't he hasn't he got bipolar or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that means he didn't go with the rails at episode right, so he yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. I don't think that one excludes the other. Yeah, but anyway, that's all slander.
Speaker 2: You're on it.
Speaker 1: He had an absolutely outstanding season, series, season and season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a biff.
Speaker 1: I was saying before the game, we were placing our bets, and I was like, if there was a way that I could get on a sin bedding, I would I couldn't find the market for it. Sure enough, it happened. Both teams a bit of a brew haha between Daily Cheer Evans and Jerome Lewe aka both team's most annoying players. Yeah, well, Daily Cheery Evans was into everything last night. He's like, I have so much respect and rightly so for Daily Cheer Evans. He's a phenomenal player who's like his career is insane. I'd just still be playing Origin at forty three years old exactly. He's actually forty four. And he's such a shit stirer though, but not to the extent that Jerome Luay is. No, he's smart about it, whereas Jerome Lewie, who's and by the way, I'm a New South Wales fan, he's just a cock.
Speaker 2: Well he is. I love New south Wales. I like it if Jerome Lewis as a play.
Speaker 1: He's such a good player. He literally sit up there try for Bradman Beers. Yeah, he just blew the game wide open, little wide open. That he's the main reason that New South Wales won that game. You know, I would argue that he was almost man of the match. By the way, Dylan Eddwood's got that I got paid out sweet. Oh yes, But I just don't like him.
Speaker 2: No, he is intensely unlikable.
Speaker 1: I know, I like and you don't have to be loved, but he almost goes out of his way to make people hate his guards. Some people need it. I think he could be one of those people who needs to be racked up.
Speaker 2: That's just yeah, okaya vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like, look maybe if I grow my hero out real long, it'll make people hate me and I need that fuel. Yeah right, okay to carry on. So yeah, that sparked a bit of an all in brew haha. No punches thrown, but it was a real chippy game and I've just seen this afternoon that there's been two suspensions handed out for that. One was for Cam Murray because he comes streaking down the sideline to get involved, and the other one was for Hamali Lakwasu, who was in a suit on the weekend on the bench by the way.
Speaker 2: Ola quit. It's a great game from him.
Speaker 1: We were cracking up twice because first of all, they are in the Harddle New South Wales and Hudle like geeting themselves up. He's just in the background eating a bray burd yeah in a suit, yeah, with a big grit on his face. If you're not playing, I'd probably cut the snacks out, you know, someone else might need that.
Speaker 2: Just hands in his pockets eating it at apple. Yeah. So funny and Mitch Barnett a tremendous game. We'll get into his.
Speaker 1: Stats and that later on. In fact, we won't. I haven't pulled any stats, but he played really well.
Speaker 2: Just gonna say, shit, it was was I supposed to bring no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Oh, you didn't know, but he was. And we've been saying this for the longest time. He's a State of Origin player. He was going around the lock geeing everyone up. He made a point of going over to Homoliolokuatu and geing him up while he was standing in a suit with one hand in his pocket and the other one eating a free burn. Shout out to all onus, Morris set and I think that that just showed the mana of Mitch. But that Mitch Monner. And this is remember when he was away and we got do you remember this an historic l chucked on us by the Titans? Yes, sixty sixty six. He wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were saying the man, yeah he is, so the guy that fires us all up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he is crucial and will he turn it around tomorrow night against the Raiders, that's the big question. Well, he's named, we were saying, we were just saying this before the podcast. We're like I said, will neither him nor Capeal have been named, despite the fact that I copied and pasted the team listening to our rundown and they're both on there. They're both on there. They've both been named, But I mean, do you think that they'll start. They've both been named to start, but they both played massive minutes and I don't know if you saw Mitch Barnett out there, he was holding back. No, no, he was being a psycho, which I absolutely loved. My theor in we'll get into the Warriors shortly is that this is do or die for the Warriors.
Speaker 2: We have to win this game. It's the Raiders. Like.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't play this game, yeah, I think he'll just play. He'll play fifty minutes in the front row. He's named it PROP, but usually he goes from Prop to back row and then Ford like they do some weird stuff there. I think he'll just play the prop rotation minutes hopefully and hopefully a few lighter a bit of a lighter load. Yeah, you're right, we'll get to it. He's not a guy though that can do a lighter load. He'll say, yeah, yeah, I'll do a lighter load.
Speaker 2: Then he won't. Yeah, he'll go helpful with it.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous pace we mentioned the final score line was actually fourteen to four, and at halftime it was two all, which I don't think.
Speaker 2: Anyone had in their in their malties.
Speaker 1: You tell me that it's going to be two all at halftime, then I'll say, oh, that sounds boring. It wasn't boring, No, it was so great. It was just high intensity. The scuffles that were breaking out were ridiculous. It was like eight in the first half. The ref was in the middle of one. As we said, one was on the sideline. But by the way, just on that sideline one. Both Cam Murray and all the quiet too are facing two games on the sideline bass they can challenge it, and then got three and they probably would end up being three. So yeah, i'd reckon it will be two games. But anytime you're facing a charge and you weren't playing, just copy it, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Getting sent from the field with a suit on that you weren't on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But to be honest and daily, Cherry Errands was all fired up about some shit, you know, towards the end there about how he came off the field. That should have been a penal about KM Murray, I think, yeah, but I don't think that would have made much of a difference. I mean, if Bradman Best's first two breaks even into it in one try, and if Stephen Crichton didn't drop the ball over the trail and it would have been an absolute hiding, it.
Speaker 2: Could have been worse. And then fourteen points to four to the Blues.
Speaker 1: And I think basically what happened was it was so hectic for an hour of that match that in the last twenty minutes it was going to blow open one way or the other. Yeah, And unfortunately for the Maroons it was all one way traffic. For the Blues, it happened to coincide with Kaylee and Ponger coming onto the field. Yeah, that was wasn't his fault. I don't think it's Kaylen pong as well. I think if you're gonna have him the hammer and Reese Walsh out there, like those guys all are attacking phenomenons. Yeah, defensively the okay, you know, like it said, three small bodies that you're bringing on and you're anticipating out offensing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to be honest, and the first half showed it. It was all about Deet.
Speaker 1: There was no offense that gave me. Reese Welsh just showed why he wasn't the fullback that we needed at the Warriors.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: It was because, yeah, he's mean. He's a flat track bully. When you're up by forty points, he carving dudes up. He's throwing skucky harbor Bridge passes. He's slicing dudes up out of nowhere. That's right when you're down in the shit. In game three Origin Sun Gorp made against mate, State against State, He's probably not what you needed back there because that much that last Mitch Moses try, he sort of jagged back on the inside and then it was just a little swerve past Reese Walsh who's just.
Speaker 2: Clutching his shadow.
Speaker 1: It was a ship try, Like, yeah, it was cool because and Mitch Moses's running game is awesome, but that's cool. It wasn't a State of Origin decider at Suncrp. No. The Bradman best one was that was sick and he watching him and he's been playing excellent for the Knights, but watching him, I was like, this guy's going to be I reckon next year. He's going to be like one of those guys in Super Coach you have to have. He is running so fast and he is so big and strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, massive meat.
Speaker 1: He had tremendous got legged at it, amazing cut on his lip that reminded me of I don't know if you're familiar with Robbie Lawler from the UFC, but he had a similar thing where he won a fight but had a split in his lip and when he celebrated and like let out a row, it's split all the way out to his nose. That's basically what was happening to Bradman Best last night. And I think he liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he was like, these photos are going to live forever. I'll have these printed, you know, Yeah, They'll be on posters on my wall. And I think that he's bought himself another three years of origin. But just by not only scoring that try, but even if he hadn't, just bullocking runs and a ripped lip for the state that I think that locks him in. So I agree, or Who's who's the other center for Chrichton shit? Because I'm like, but you've gotta have a trail in there. I think you figure it out with Bredman mess. Maybe he hadn't, And like you're right about that photo, Like his photo of him with the split lip is the same as Trump with the cut here with the shot ere. Yeah, that's going to be on his poster for years and that yeah, because he just looked insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was badass.
Speaker 1: It also is going to massively shift the power dynamics in the changing rooms at Newcastle because the two defenders that he beat with Kayln Ponger and also Origin Gags, Origin Gags who got skinned a couple of times. And just let him let him just play for Newcastle, That's to be honest.
Speaker 2: I reckon other way, let him just play.
Speaker 1: For He's like, he's not Origin Gags anymore. He's he's getting older, you know what I mean? See this and this is the thing. Looking back at the game now, I'm like, of course they lost Harry Grant's got a sternam injury. There was no months even like Xavier Coats wasn't there. Felice Caafusi started, They had a platoon swap at their front row.
Speaker 2: That was weird.
Speaker 1: All of the Beach players came on to start and I I read that at the time as I think this is Billy Slater trying to play mind games where he's named a different front row to try and fuck with. Yeah, New South Wales, I reckon, that's what he was doing. And I think anytime you're resorting to that kind of stuff, that's some New South Wales shit. Yeah, you're already on the you're already on the back foot.
Speaker 2: Queensland are just like usually like, oh, we don't care what you're doing. We're just going to do about what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whereas Billy quite Yeah, it was so weird by the way, and CAFUSI had a mean game and he's definitely an origin player, oh for sure. But yeah, that was it was really random.
Speaker 2: Are we watching the descent of a man into madness? After one game? A game?
Speaker 1: The first game he came in and he was so calm, coockture of himself. He's like, yeah, no, we're gonna work. Second game, he starts argue with the media. No, I didn't say that. I didn't say this, that this should have been a head eye, this shouldn't have been a send off. Blah blah blah blah blah. Game three, he's fucking mad manning at mad Max and with all the different players and switching dudes around as he's like that always sunny Philadelphia meme. Yeah of Pepper silver or whatever it's called, with all the strings and things in the corkboard. Well he's lost it. What I think he has lost is well, just the state of origin. State of origin by a massive margin. And that's only the thirdy of a decider in sun Corp. The New South Wales is once so that's bloody excellent. But I think that whole hoodoo, at least for a week while of winning a decider in sun Corp and going to sun Corp New South Wales with the team that they've put together and the way they've been playing and the points they left out there, I think it's unpredicting and I'm a New South Wales fan that for the next few years it's.
Speaker 2: New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, yeah, like the next three years three.
Speaker 2: Years, get on the futures markets on the TV. I'm going to.
Speaker 1: But other other than it was it was well worth staying up on a Wednesday night to watch that. There was a tremendous game of State of Origin fortball. It was tight right up until about the last ten to fifteen minutes. It was frantic, like you said, two all at halftime, but at entertaining, Yeah, entertaining to all.
Speaker 2: Most all of my bits. But it was well worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so mine I put I think I put ten bucks on New South Wales to when, which they did, and then I put three bucks or something on Dylan Edwards to get mad of the match. And because it was a tight game. This is a good thing to keep in mind going forward. Whenever you can think there's going to be a tight game, whoever gets the most meters is just gonna get mad of the match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was Dylan Edwards. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I didn't even realize he got mad of the match until this morning. I woke up and checked it. I was like, oh shit, he got mad at the match. Yeah, two hundred and eighty three meters or something. It would have been Bradman best if he didn't drop those two balls because he was insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that's the f and doubt just the guy with the most meters man of the match. That's a great fitting strategy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I quite like that. All right. We talked about whether Cape I was gonna play.
Speaker 1: We talked about whether Mitch Barnett is going to play, where we're going to take a quick break, come back and digest an interesting Warriors teamless or I will get to the Mitch Barnett and the Kirk cape well of it all in just a sec.
Speaker 2: But I wanted to start with tor Who Harris.
Speaker 1: It came out earlier this week that he's out for the rest of the season after electing to take risk surgery.
Speaker 2: He's got a bug risk. I think it's been plaguing him for a while.
Speaker 1: He's been out and out and now he's going to be out for the rest of the season. He is our captain. How big a blow is it losing tor Who Harris for the rest of the season. Well, it's a huge blow, isn't it. I mean, tour Who's been that one constant throughout years of turmoil at the Warriors. You can always rely on him. I don't think it's as much of a loss as it was at the beginning. It would have been at the beginning of the season. Yeah, I almost feel like Mitch Barnett's the captain now. Yeah, oh yeah, he's Whether they name him as the captain or not Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's like, look at me, look at me. I'm the captain now.
Speaker 1: So I still I loved the way we had Mitch Barnett and add for Noil Blake and then or even Jackson Ford and then Toyho would come on after twenty minutes and just play like a solid forty five in the middle there.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 1: I think his sort of his play at first receiver there, in his distribution and stuff is earliant. So that's going to be a huge loss, and to be honest, at this point in the season where it's must win footy for us, it is a bit of a loss. But I'm not as depressed as I would have been if it happened at the start of the season. If I'm thinking silver Linings, I think we've all really enjoyed the impact that Dylan Walker's had around being much quicker off the line, Like he's a very different player. He's high energies and absolutely everything. So now all of a sudden, you go from Sean Johnson to mighty Martin Tory who Harris, So now you've got Chanell Harris Tavita there and they've got Dylan Walker in there. I think it could potentially speed our team up quite a bit. The other big change that we've made obviously, Charms is still out, so that means Tane Tupick he comes in at fallback. And then also Marcelo Montoya has a groin complaint, so he's out. He's sort of week to week, which brings Ali Laa Taua and to center and Roger two of us a check onto the wing. We've been calling for him to be swapped out of center for.
Speaker 2: Quite a while. We all wanted him to go back to fullback. I love this. He's now on the wing. Yet I love Leer Tower. He's a beast, you know, just on layer towel quickly.
Speaker 1: They love him too because every piece of media that came out before the season, he was in it. So I think they thought he was going to be a bigger part of the season than he has been. And then yeah, and because he was injured, I think, but also like they need the goal kicking of Adam Pompey and stuff as well, So there's been these things like that that has like forced their hands. But I'm just going I think the club really like him. Yeah, absolutely, he's the goods. He's one of those dudes we don't want to let go because he'll go to the Cowboys or the Panthers or something and become great. I love Roger on the left side and to Mighty Martin at seven.
Speaker 2: Lock it in the rest of the season. You don't think Sean will come back? Nah, he will.
Speaker 1: And if we're going to do some real damage in the postseason, we need Sean Johnson. But I just love the way to Mighty Martin's playing.
Speaker 2: I just yeah.
Speaker 1: And his whole storyline of having to retire because of a brain bleed, playing back home and Tao Mutsu or wherever from the White Cut he's from.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then now he's back at the Warriors replacing Sean Johnson and just having an absolute barnstorming season. And the photo that he posted on his Instagram last week of even on the back of a horse that he's bringing a peg out of the bush. And I've been saying this all week, and I assume I don't think I've ever believed in something as strongly as I believe in this. So Mighty Martin is the man every key he bloke thinks he is. He's who I think I am. I don't even think i'm him. I wish I thought I was him. You know, when your confidence meter is full, and you're like, you know what, I'll make sure all right that he is who you think you are when your confidence meter is full, because the annoying thing about that is like he can ride a horse, which is just taps into like, yeah, rear, something deep within every human. Yes, that's that freedom, mastery of beasts, the mastery of a beast. He did right, and he uses it to claim the lives of other beasts.
Speaker 2: That's right. He killed the boar.
Speaker 1: He's now put that on the horse, his mastery over that beast. He's getting food for his family.
Speaker 2: And on Saturday he's going to go play half back for the Warriors, and Maniah, he's a fucking smoke show, and he's a smoke show. It's bad running. It's bad running. Shit.
Speaker 1: But there was a movie character, yeah, and it lived the life that to Mighty Martin lives.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, that's bullshit. Yeah, no one has all of that.
Speaker 1: It's like everyone looks normal and everyone's just like peasants. And then this one main character walks down and he looks like Jason mamore. Yeah, they spent the casting budget on one dude. Everyone else is just from the town and they're getting paid in sandwiches or whatever, and they spent they splashed out on bread pet for the starring role in this movie.
Speaker 2: That's why everyone else just looks like way Digger and Lass. And then he comes through and you're like, oh, fuck off, you.
Speaker 1: Killed that massive airs bore and then rode it out on the back of your horse.
Speaker 2: You're a you're a huge omen bit guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great omen He went out over the weekend over the by.
Speaker 2: Did that took that photo? Yeah? Where is that in place? Okay, I don't mind. It's Mighty Martin anytime? Is that what you? Yeah, I'm thinking that were running into that.
Speaker 1: He's going to go in and get a going to bring a pig back for the family. Anything else on the team list obviously Cape War and Mitch Barnett named I think you have to name them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm questionable about Cape War.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's been kind of not shit, but he's just been middle of the road all season. He was middle of the road for Queensland and now two days later he has to come and start in the back row.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like he might go to the bench or something like. Yeah, this is initially what I thought as well. It's actually short and it's the worst time for a turnaround. I've talked to White A corporate about this, about backing up from Origin's you'd rather do it the day after straight away or like five days later. But that second day, yeah, is the toughest, like getting out of bed, Like getting out of bed in the morning on tomorrow morning for these warriors, for Cape and Barnet, they're gonna wake up.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck it out.
Speaker 1: What am I going to do now between now and the first whistle? Crying well, putting on his warriors? Yeah, I mean, look, don't get up for it, because this is what they do. This is who they are. They are State of Origin players. But like, but you'd still be like as shit. It was hard getting up out of bed after Game three for me, just purely based on how frantic it was to watch. But you backed up because you're a State of Origin broadcast that's right. And I'm here doing a pod for the backbones out there like that the turn backbone, my wife. Look, that's my only sort of issue with the teams. Great that to see matat start as well, also having Liqua Hala Siema on the bench again, I just love this and tag into a picky static feelback. I just love these young fellas. When they're given opportunities, they shine. Yeah, so I want to see more of that. Look at Halo seem a dear friend of the podcast. He's been on the Mad Monday podcast before.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Turning down to Helenstein's with us him and Tennis Stoles Smith and Chance Nickel clock Stead, I've got a flaming hot take about our matchup this weekend.
Speaker 2: It is against the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Look at the teamless fogey back which is huge for them, huge, huge, huge, And for the Raiders that's huge, huge, just properly Starling he's huge, that's the who. Jenny Levo, he's huge. Rapunner, Zach Asking huge, k Weeks, Jordan up on a team more. Anyway, my flaming hot take is last week last year, rather when the Warriors the turning point in their season from when it was just like, oh, they've won a couple of games, So I hang on, the Warriors are legit here, I can pinpoint it. I can as well I'm not what you gonna say. It is when Ricky Stewart rested Jared Kroker ahead of his three hundredth game so that he could play him at home against the Warriors to win the three hundredth game, and we humped them into the core of the earth. We smashed the Raiders at home, happy three hundredth game, Jared Krokers.
Speaker 2: They took on, they drawn the extra zero on the thirty meter line.
Speaker 1: Fuck off. We wasted them. We wasted them. I think we then wasted the Sharks after that. Only a few weeks later we wasted the Raiders again and that was the start of our run home into the finals. It was when the turning point in our season when people are like, oh shit, these Warriors are for real. Yeah, I think it happens again. Yeah, I think it'll be closer. I don't think it's going to be Jared Croker's three hundred pumping. No, I think it'll be a close game. But I and historically watching Raiders v. Warriors the last few years, I've always been such great matchups, you know, like Sewann Johnson dropped goals to win, or like them with a Ford part try to win that shouldn't have been allowed. Yeah, it's been great, and we beat I think in christ Church earlier this year.
Speaker 2: I think I was gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: But I know that both teams are in a very similar situation where they've had kind of middle of the road seasons. Yeah, and they are now fighting for that sort of number eight spot on the ladder. Yeah, whoever loses this game's done for the season.
Speaker 2: Wow. I mean that's actually not that mathematically. Mathematically sure, that's the case.
Speaker 1: I generally like in the NBA, I always say bet on the team that's facing elimination if the other team isn't. I'm just going to try and bring up the NRL table right now to see how screwed they are, because I'm well aware of our screwed we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're directly above us on twenty points. We're on nineteen. Yeah, see they have a worse point differential.
Speaker 1: So whoever wins this we can leap frog then, but only into like tenth spot. See how annoying is it that draw against Manly that we're on nineteen.
Speaker 2: We should be on Twitter.
Speaker 1: That is so annoying, Yeah, which would put us in tenth with a chance to crack the eight with this weekend. That's right, a little bit, nigli. It has come back to bite us and the ass. I think we win this one. I think Mitch and Kpe well play, and I think that Arts on.
Speaker 2: The wing will be an absolute revelation.
Speaker 1: That I agree he's gonna I reckon like Arts because every set we start our sets with the wingers and the outside backs hitting it up.
Speaker 2: He's going to get twice as much ball as he was at center. Well, Webster said that.
Speaker 1: I think someone asked him about it and he goes, well, the wingers get their hands on the ball more than the centers do these.
Speaker 2: Days, so that correct, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's going to have like twenty something head ups over two hundred meters.
Speaker 2: We're kicking for him.
Speaker 1: He's going to have the end of the season that Zach Lomax has had to start the season huge switching from center to.
Speaker 2: Wing to wing. And also we give him the goal kicking. I'm really excited. I'm really excited for it. By the way, shout out to Zach Lomax's goal kicking instead of origin. It was great. He was excellence. All Right, We're gonna take one more quick break.
Speaker 1: Just before we do, I want to let you know about the Mad Traveler. Four and twenty are giving you the chance to see the Warriors versus the Bulldogs August twenty third. Thanks to the Mad Traveler, this includes flights, accommodation, five hundred dollars cash, cash, cash to spend at the ground. All you want to do is text Pie to three two three six and be in to win. That's all thanks to the four and twenty Traveler.
Speaker 2: Pie.
Speaker 1: So text Pie to three two three six and you could beat a Mad Traveler will be right back, but a super coach Chris for your Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Were your ass? For your ass?
Speaker 1: There's only get a couple of hours before I inevitably forget that I've undone my changes and then leave my team screwed for the week, which I've done a couple of weeks. We all sort of fell off for me a couple of weeks ago by bringing Hines in a week early. I use my last boost to doctor my books to bring him in, so of course he immediately broke his league. The buys the holds the sales this week? Is it too early to buy? Nathan Cleary. I think it depends on your trades and how many warm bodies you've.
Speaker 2: Got this week. Decent big thing, decent warm bodies. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just finding out today that Homoloola Kuatu's out, that's changed my plans completely. I now have Yeah, I've got like I have Luke Brook. Still, I didn't want to play them, but now I'm going to have to. And so if I don't bring in Nathan Cleary this week for me, then I'm going to have a pretty shocking team this week.
Speaker 2: You mean this week? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, because the big thing about Nathan Cleary obviously has just come back from a second injury spell this year with a hamstring injury.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they've been very cautious about it.
Speaker 1: They have.
Speaker 2: They've given him an extra I think three weeks they were saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's every chance that he could get an early shower this this weekend. You know, they mainly play in fifty sixty minutes if the Panthers are up big. Oh it's the Dolphins too. I think it's the Dolphins. Oh, the internet here is so shit. Internet, it is shit. I can tell you that it is the Dolphins on Sunday. So I mean they could get up, although defensively at the moment the Dolphins, I can see the Panthers really doing a number on them. It depends also how many origin players are named for Panthers.
Speaker 2: Well, and also for Dolphins. Yeah, Pelice Cafusi's name for the Dolphins, it's all on Hammer as well. Yeah. True.
Speaker 1: I mean not that Trey follow hasn't got the job done for them so far, but yeah, I just think the other part of it, for clear is his break even is at one hundred and eighty one. He's not going to get that. So even if he scores one hundred, I think I heard someone who knows more about Supercoach to me say that he's still going to lose one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. So you're better off if you can afford it to wait till next week.
Speaker 1: It depends though, because he might not get one hundred and eighty, right, but he might score a hundred, that's right, And then that's one hundred points. Well, let's say you've got your current halfback scores fifty. That's fifty points you've missed out on with what's seven weeks ago in the Super Coach or sex if you're doing a head.
Speaker 2: To head league.
Speaker 1: So there's one clear cut situation I think that you bring clearly in, and it's if you're low on trade, so you don't have any boots, which I think is most people around this. I'm low on trades, but I had a boost. Do you have Nico Hines? Yes, I had him.
Speaker 2: It had him.
Speaker 1: I had him this week and I have already made my trades. I've gone straight from him to Nathan Cleary because I don't have the trades all the time to miss around here and wait for people to drop cash. Yeah, And so what I was gonna do was like I was thinking about, do I try to do like a Jaden Campbell thing and then swap Dylan Brown to him next week? Blah blah blah. I don't have the trades for that shit. I need to be bringing in dudes. I was staying in my team for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: It's rocks and diamonds time. It's yeah, knough out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, middle of the road guys drop them down to bottom dollar or not even playing failers, bring in your Nathan Cleary's. Like I was at your place last night when I actually made I used my last boost a sneaky because when I was giving you all those tips about supercoach, yeah you did actually mention Reid Marni and then I looked at him. I was like, actually, he's super cheap, super cheap water. And so I had the last two weeks, I've had Jeremy Marshall King injured, Dune Heines injured, done for the season, so it's almost yeah and a half a metal sitting on your bench exactly. So I had to get a hooker, and I had to get a halfback. So I've gone Nathan Cleary, He's locked in for the rest of the season and Read Money as my hooker because Harry Grant, who's about the same price as he's got the Stirnam injury. He didn't look that great in Origin. I'm just like Nap, so Read Money. I brought in Nathan Cleary, and I had enough money left over to finally upgrade my stupid Newcastle fullback Flitcher sharp if if Sharp minor, and I didn't have enough money to go to Turbo. I didn't have enough money or time to wait for pomer till probably probably next week. But next week he plays the Panthers and then there's a buy or something like the Knights have got a kind of a shit yeah that is next few games. So I was like, I could wait for pomer in a few games and just sort of like set it out, but I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to with the money I had available.
Speaker 1: Ryan Pappenhausen, Yeah, was the guy I could afford to bring in. He's kind of a pod at the stage as well a point of difference. I don't think too many people have got him, so I just locked him and for the rest of the season. He's the fullback for one of the best teams in the NRL. You know, I'll do you one better. He's the fullback for the best team in the NRL, brus Storm Pebby. Oh that top of the table, top of the table. Yeah, yeah, true, So I like it. I think Peppy's a great pod play. At worst, he's about ninety percent of what you were going to get from Kaylen Ponger or yeah, and I don't have to trade and muck around and wait, you know, it's the time to just get the guns now. And yeah, so I'm some of that. I still had Trel and I had Nico Hines. It's a lot of cash. It's a lot of cash. So I've been Nico Heines to Nathan Cleary. I don't care that he's going to lose one hundred K this weekend because I'm not trading him out. You have traded in Nathan Cleary. I don't care what numbers next to him. You've got the best player in the NRL on the best team. Yeah, it's not like I'm going to trade them for Joey John's in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: No, exactly. Yeah. And then at fullback, it's basically fullback roulette. Who do you want to go with? I looked that Treboyevitch, I looked at Ponger. I looked at Ponger.
Speaker 1: I looked at Trabovich, stared them both in the eye, and I said, I can't trust your hammies.
Speaker 2: Tom. I'm sorry. I'm going Ponger. So you you've brought in Ponger. I've brought in Ponger.
Speaker 1: He's playing the Broncos, who I just saw Pat Gerrigan in a moonboot by the way after Origin three, So they that's real trouble for them.
Speaker 2: So then he's got the buy. Then the Panther.
Speaker 1: Sorry I got that wrong, but KP last season was the best player in Super Coach when he was healthy. Like Necho overall was, KP was a freak. I would have gone Ponger if I could somehow how have swung it, but I couldn't, so like it's just forced my hand to go Pappenhausen. But I think Ponger is the best option.
Speaker 2: So then the other.
Speaker 1: Question that I have for you is, since homoi Olikwatz is out for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Is that enough for you to drop him? Nah? You have Crichton. No, you don't consider that. Do you know who I've got? I've got for.
Speaker 1: Feeder cuts O and Coloma Tungi, who's my guy from the Rabbit O's and a front row slash to our if God named Mitch Barnett sitting up at front row.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: So, to be honest, the only guy I would bring in because I've got two nuffs and two r ref and I need to make one of them a player. The only guy I would bring in, And I can't believe I'm saying his name to beat a Punky Jr.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Allow me a few would just a couple of moments to blow my own horn. But I brought him in about a month ago when he was first named. That is such a mania play. That is such a mania play. He is the exact kind of player on one of my fantasy team. Yeah, he skipped out on this team last year to go and fight Trad's and the boxing ring. Yeah, got dusted up and then came back to the NRLs. I'll have him, thinks, But mate, Wayne Bennett, he gets the bess out of it.
Speaker 2: He does get the best out of there.
Speaker 1: And he looked great and the week ninety he scored a try, but he was offloading, he was busting tackles. He looks like someone's turned the size fader up while creating a character. He's way bigger than all the other characters. Looks like a guy I used to play in the NRL by the name of Tavita Pugay Junior. True, and he is absolutely tremendous. Yeah, I'm the same my halves. I think halves everyone's but it's just been so squarely because for the last like four or five years, it's just been God Niko Hines and very clear and never think about it again, you go Munster in the halves. Have you got on five eight Brown and Galvin? Oh, you've got to Mighty I've got Tomurdy Martin.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: Allow me to take another five minutes here just to blow my own horn. But I brought to Mighty Martin and months ago when he was like three hundred, or he was about three hundred, when everyone was getting Galvin. Yeah, and I've got Galvin. When they take the low road, we go high.
Speaker 2: And I went to Mighty Martin.
Speaker 1: I see him riding around town with the girl I love, and I'm like, fuck, you get him my super coach day.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: But if back then someone had said Dereck and to Mighty Martin or average like ninety every time he plays halfback for the Wars, only one person on God's Green Earth, he would have said, yes, you're sitting across from him. I thought he would have said yes man. He wouldn't have even thought there that No, probably not bro. So that is a huge plan. I wish i'd done it as well, because I've just got Dylan Brown, who's just tuning out fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: I got him that he's boring. The's a mighty Martin thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, I tried to trade him out that three weeks, like, surely he can't keep this up. Yeah, it's like this is going to be the top. This is going to be the top. This is going to be the top. I'm like a crypto trader in the halves. They're so funny. But yeah, so, I think at this point in the season, I so, I've made my trades for this week.
Speaker 2: I now have eight remaining no boosts. Where are you at?
Speaker 1: I used my last boost read Marney, Nathan Cleary and Pappenhausen. I have got six remaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I think at this point of the season, basically you kind of have to make your picks for the rest of the season. You are shaping your team into what it's going to look like for the rest of the season. Now, I think you don't have any unless you've got like sixteen trades left. You don't have time to be chopping and changing dudes to try and make cash anymore. That's right, those days are over. I also with six trades, if you like me, with six trades, can I actually justify bringing in ta Vita pun I Junior With one of my last six trades, because what's going to happen is if you get into the finals of your head to head, which I still can't wrap my head around how this works.
Speaker 2: Someone's going to get injured.
Speaker 1: You're going to be fucked and Taveta punk I Junior is going to be sitting on your beit.
Speaker 2: Why did I use that trade? That's right, so I wouldn't know. The time to get on TPJA was month about a month ago, which is just so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think with the six and with the what's seven weeks of the Narl left, I am not making any trades unless I'm forced too.
Speaker 2: From here on out. This is my team.
Speaker 1: You don't really have a choice, so I am The one other thing that I had jotted down here is Moses came out this morning. Mitch Moses did his bicep last night. Oh yes, so he will be done. So I don't know how many people got on Mitch Moses. I'm sure a few did when he came back. He looked insane. When he came back did he looked excellent? So he's a clear drop. Yeah, that might be how you get to cleary. What impact that hairs on Dylan Brown. I don't know, but they've got to buy this week, so and that done for the season, so who gives a shit? Also huge one Dylan Edwards pc allen jury after Origin, so he could have also been a pod fallback to have for the run home best fullback, one of the pretty has been the best fullback in one of the best.
Speaker 2: Players this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he could be out for two to four weeks if it's a moderate sprain. That's according to the nar ol physio. All right, Yeah, I think the my key takeaway from this week is you've just got to get your team sussed for the rest of it and then keep five or six trades up your sleeve just for injuries. Don't touch them, don't jump on someone with a low brake, even there's no point at this point in the season. Just you know, you're just got to cover your own ass. Yeah, and oh notugh, he's just quickly. I don't want to go too long in this podcast, but to explain how enough he works, because I know there's a lot of first season on here. How it works is when people say Nafi and enough he is a player that doesn't play and bottom dollar, bottom dollar and Basically, what you're doing is you are trading. Say you've got a dude who's worth like four hundred or three hundred K, and he's going to get you like twenty points. Trade him out to a player that doesn't play. Save that one hundred k for to upgrade one of your other dudes into a into a good player.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And just so you're aware, I've got three enoughs on my team right now, I.
Speaker 2: Have one two, I've got two, yeah, so two three nups. That's about right.
Speaker 1: And later in the season, if you like, if someone gets injured, you need to free up some cash to upgrade.
Speaker 2: Just knoff someone out, someone else out. But you don't want too many because you'll get screwed over at the end.
Speaker 1: And the one trick that I have for you for enough is look for dual position. There's not a whole lot of them. You've probably got them in your team. Villiami Fafita is one of the most owned players in Super.
Speaker 2: Coach hasn't touched the fucking park this year. I've got him in my team. Everyone does.
Speaker 1: It's because he's second front row eligible, so you can use him to swap your players around and the other one is Jid Cartwright, who everyone else has got from the Nights because he's second row cinder. Yes, Miles Martin another one from the Knights front row, second row as well.
Speaker 2: It's quite a popular one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I'll probably end up having Jim cart right at some stage though, Just quickly, captains, are you just gonna lock in Titty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So the Roosters are great matchup. By the way, Saturday night, the Roosters are playing the Melbourne Storm. Where is the oh there, it is there nine point thirty Amy Parks. So that's Saturday night, and then the Panthers are playing Sunday four in the afternoon. So I'm going to vice Captain Teddy and then Captain Nathan Cleary fully intending. Because it's like a small buy around and there are few teams out, I've got pretty much a free shot at the loop anyway. Yeah, which you probably won't is which I'll probably won't use and we'll forget about.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so Titty and Clear, even though it's his first game.
Speaker 1: Back, I'm stilling Clear Loop, sit and forget with Titty go well this weekend. Make sure sure if you're listening to this podcast on the Thursday. Make sure you sit your team, because the amount of times people sit their team then reverse their trades and blah blah blah, you could fuck yourself. Just before we go, we need to put together the Mad Monday hunch. Now, as someone who had a couple of bits last night, I've handed the reins over to you for the hunch this weekend.
Speaker 2: Chris, what have you come up with?
Speaker 1: One thing I've read and I was even saying to you last night, I've never had a three game multi before, three league multi before. I always hit the two leagues and end up with the bonus cash. Yeah, because when you're betting on the n RL, if you do a three league same game multi, you can get it back, get your money back of two of them come in. I have put some serious research into this. Firstly, anytime try score Roger to a vasask on the left wing, Chanell, sorry not Chanew. Tomighty Martin has opened up that left side. They send more down that way. Now it's not right side dominant anymore. Roger out there getting his hands on the ball. I can see him scoring a try. I think, I think the Warriors. So that's the first league, Second League, New Zealand Warriors to win the first half.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: The Raiders struggle to generate points in the first half. Okay, and I think they've scored one try in the last four games in the first half.
Speaker 2: Oh, huge, huge insight.
Speaker 1: It's just like, okay, they suck Aten bor though Fogg and his back but still yeah, you know, and the Warriors quite often come out firing. Adam Fanula Blake scores under the post and then does the foldser's arms and then we ship the bit and then.
Speaker 2: We sub him off and just go real quiet for ten minutes. That's right.
Speaker 1: So I reckon the Warriors will get out to an early lead. Yeap, okay, so Roger to score. We're our New Zealand Warriors to win the first half, and I think it'll be under forty seven point five points.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I usually hate going unders. Yeah, you're bidding against excitement, but I.
Speaker 1: Can just see this one being a real close, low scoring like slug Fast.
Speaker 2: There's just so much on the line for both teams. That's right.
Speaker 1: That's paying seven dollars, So you put one hundred dollars on that, you'll get six hundred back with the old bonus bit there Yeah, beautiful, I like it. Follow that one along responsibily. It'll be up on our social media's later on. Thank you very much for joining us for another episode of the Med Monday Podcast. Do join us on Friday to ten pm the two of us commentating the Warriors Verse the Raiders enjoy weekend.
Speaker 2: Bye Skysport nine. By the way,