Speaker 1: Life for the Export Beer Garden Studios and brought to you is always by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the second of December.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export of Culture.
Speaker 1: I can I believe it's December already.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's the official month where you kick everything to twenty five. Yeah, yeah, November. People would go a bit of a lazy ass, an't you, But it's December, the holy legit.
Speaker 1: Everything being punted to do next year. I think we need to start this podcast by recapping that match. We need to go over it, we need to readdress it. We lost by eight wickets in a day and a half basically, but.
Speaker 3: That was irrelevant. I think that was inevitable that was going to happen. Ever since the first England's first innings. Almost it would almost it was almost written in the stars that we're blindet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No one hundred and I think the big headline that everyone's talking about is catches win matches eight drop catches in England's first innings. Here is what they sounded like.
Speaker 3: Smith into Brook slashed drop dropped at gully and it's glean Phillips. Is this drop gonna cost them? And comes Smith full slip and go again. Oh dropped at first slip by Latham. Then comes Phillips quicker and that's in the air. Come on, is it a chance down at deep midwicket? The man in god, oh my god, Devin Conway was coming round from deep square leg and he's dropped brooke again. Then comes Smith and he leans back and lashes it. Another drop down Latham drops is another one that covers. It's his third catches dropped today. The captain he's got the drop, sees and it's edged and drop again. God to clean Phillips at gully and that was even simpler than his first catches. Drop chalk it up number seven and.
Speaker 1: Harry Brook is open laughing because this is comical.
Speaker 3: This is a clown show. Fucking hour. It was you could tell by just oh my god, not again, Oh my, not again.
Speaker 1: There's shades of the acc eleven when we dropped fifteen catches.
Speaker 3: In one match. Well some say eleven were grassed fifteen opportunities. The thing the difference with that that Jeremy Wells pointed out this morning on Haydaki was we didn't actually take any other catch. That's what made that so as such an anomaly. Yeah, we actually caught nothing at all. Eventually, the black Caps did take their catches, so yeah, they took a few. Yeah, they took a few, whereas we didn't. No one caught anything.
Speaker 1: We didn't take any There was a guy in the NBA the other day who scored about thirty points. He didn't miss a single shot, and didn't miss a free throw, didn't miss a shot from the field, He didn't turn the ball over once. It was like an NBA record, never been done before. That's like a clean sheet. Yeah, it's like it was a triple double as well. So triple double, no turnovers, no missshots. Oh man, the perfect game. You retire, Yeah, you would. That's basically what we did. This was a little bit different because there were a few drops. Man, at one point England brings my heart to pour back over the numbers, but we will. At one point England was seventy for four.
Speaker 3: And that was when he was I think Brook was dropped.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think around then Mitchell sorry Phillips, the first drop of the eight and that English first and nings Brook dropped five times. First of those, he was on about thirty runs. So in theory because he went on to score one hundred and seventy that's one hundred and forty prevented.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in theory, and I mean I would be no more upset. I heard that Matt Henry went up and apologized to Oli Pope at the end of the day's play. At the end of day two, was it because he was the only he got out to that stunning catch by Glenn Phillips at Gully And he was like, you are the unluckiest guy on this field because that was one of the catches of the century and everyone else dropped them and the only one's laced it and got out.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great point. He rose Latham and Phillips account of the six of our eight drop catches. And I saw someone on Instagram, probably on TikTok, but then found this way to my Instagram reels because I'm thirty three years old, saying that Glenn Phillips is not a great taker of catches, but a taker of great catches. So he drops the easy one and then he will take the absolute screamer.
Speaker 3: Because he's taken some of the greatest catches. You'll see it there in that gully position like that, that kind of there's a very familiar kind of dive he does where he displays all limbs, yeah, into the star fashion and then somehow sticks into that right hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's Someone asked the most outrageous question at the press conference of Lathan. Yeah, and you know what this was about. They said, do you think it has anything to do with the sightlines and catching it a hagar waizing to do with the botanical gardens?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: But you can't see the botanical gardens field?
Speaker 3: But is it the pollen? Is the pollen in your eyes making you sneeze? Well?
Speaker 1: Were they spending too much of their time before the game down there at the.
Speaker 3: Botanical gard doesn't make sense that whoever asked that question, who dno brought that up. It's like you're you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel of excuses apart from just dumb luck that you just grasped all those chances.
Speaker 1: I reckon it was a journo who doesn't follow cricket in anyway, and they was like, I don't know the fuck asking about there? What's the sport again like they dropped heap to catches.
Speaker 3: Maybe they lost it in the flowers.
Speaker 1: Was it the bowtans? Perhaps?
Speaker 3: So you can't see it if you stand in the middle of hegy oval as the crow flies. The gardens are what maybe a kilometer away, five hundred meters away.
Speaker 1: You can't see them from the top of the embankment. No, you couldn't see them from the commentary booth.
Speaker 3: I would blame all the Hawaiian shirts were there that were there worn by middle aged men on dress up day.
Speaker 1: Potentially, yes, if you weren't listening to the commentary. We sit in over under market at six point five boomers and Hawaiian shirts smashed within a couple of hours. That was absolutely obliterated.
Speaker 3: Well, that's stress, that's stress ups, that is boom for boomers. It's like put a hard case Hawaiian shirt on and go to the cricket.
Speaker 1: He's a laughing look at his Dave, our Dave again he's got the buddy. Oh god, you know it's a laugh and Dave busts out the bloody Hawaiian shirt in christ shirts. For God's sake, you know, he wears that thing in Fiji once a year.
Speaker 3: Totally. There was some good There was some good comedy betting going on. Actually, we got people asking how many helicopter drops from the Adventure Mountain Bike Park would come in because the hospitals right next to Hegley Oval and the landing pad is pretty much on Hegley Oval, so you often hear that the risky helicopter come in. And on day two I think we had four and it was on a Friday.
Speaker 1: And then on day three we set the over under at four and a half and actually think it came under.
Speaker 3: Yes it did.
Speaker 1: I think we had four.
Speaker 3: No, No, we had three one one very last minute, but we since we found later the Mountain Bike Park closed at five. Yeah, game wing onto six thirty, so we I don't know if we we didn't go in with the best amount of intel on that one.
Speaker 1: No, but we did have a couple of people who were willing to sacrifice themselves in order to try and make that bet come right. Because we have people call again saying, look, I'm going for a dive just off the coast of cal Coda there and I'll probably be ready for a pack up in about half an hour. So if you could get the chopper up now, and we were saying, yeah, just if you find him in an airs dround, just make sure your stuff whatever he's caught into the life jacket, into the you know whatever, and then bring that all back with you. But unfortunately that comedy bit didn't come in either. One of the other questions that was asked of Tom Latham was is it something that you need to work on the catching? And he said, I don't think it's something that requires any extra work. Do you agree with Tom Latham supplementary question if it does require work, what work could they possibly do in the next four days?
Speaker 3: Well, there's rumors that the pantsman Joel Harrison as their fielding coach because he was responsible for half hour drop catches in the ACC. I don't think you can never do too much work. No, in terms of catching practice.
Speaker 1: But I don't think there's a drill they're going to do between now and the next game that's going to no sort it.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean we're not this is we're not bad fielders like that. All the people that drop there are usually very capable. Latham and Phillips in particular, Yes, Conway is usually a safe pair of hands, and he grasped one.
Speaker 1: So even Blundelle was having a mirror behind the stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, he missed that one that caught behind on the leg side. It just pinged off his fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you put it down to?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know they'll be asking the same question. And I read and Dylan Cleaver's bounce.
Speaker 1: He's just like, I think, it's just.
Speaker 3: Just one of those things. It's just dumb luck, it's just unlucky. But the unlucky streak that just compiled eight in a row as opposed to any sort of skill issue.
Speaker 1: Well, I think after so Latham dropped I think three, yes, which means Phillips must have dropped three as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then Conway and Blundell.
Speaker 1: Once you've dropped two, you're never catching that third one. I reckon, I reckon, you're just done by that stage. I reckon. And I think the only one that you know, Phillips took that screamer, but that was just like reflex. That was like hitting his heading your knee with the hammer.
Speaker 3: Well, Lathan also he took a catch in the end at second slip. He actually yeah, he took one, and they bet they replayed it over and over again to see where there has touched the grass. Oh, yes, so he did, mate, he did right, he did right. The ship a little bit ish, but I don't know. They just just one of those things that it was tough to watch as a banned because you knew they were better than that. I guarantee any catching drills they do between now and the basin, they will catch ninety nine point nine percent of those catches easily. Yeah, a couple I think a couple blasted just over the head of Darryl Mitchell and Saudi I think got one blasted through his hands as well, kind of mid short mid wicket. Just nothing went to hand.
Speaker 1: No, is it another side effect of Bear's ball, because it's just one of those things where they're slashing at everything. So there's gonna be more catch opportunities, more half catch opportunities, more drop catches, and then you're gonna drop lip in the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you bang on because they do do that. They go hard at the ball and it flies. I've ever seen so many boundaries basically over the keeper's head. Yeah, And it's funny because the English have an interesting field technic where they have a backstop and he took a catch. He got Daryl Mitchell out in the first innings where Daryl Mitchell went for the pull shot and descuided it straight up in the ear. They had a guy behind the keeper who took the catch. They had a backstop, Yeah, they had a backstop, but they're in a catching position because you can't have where he was slightly on the on the off side, because you can't have more than three behind square on the leg. So it's quite clear as a rule. Yeah, as a rule, that's after bodyline. So after bodyline. They brought that in because all they did was stack at left side, bold the arm and just wait for someone to So it's quite a clear way of doing it because it's a backstop. But it's still there on the hook shot for the top edge. Yeah, so it's still in a catching position. So you bears, Yeah, no, dummy when it comes to this.
Speaker 1: Kind of that is smart and innovative. But even as a grown man, you couldn't. You couldn't stand at backstop like directly behind the work.
Speaker 3: You have to go I'm at fly slip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, because otherwise if you keep it folly pup turns and it's all right, I get that. I'm not the usual keeper. I'm not that fucking no, no, no, it's not for that, it's for it's for this.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 1: Darrel Mitchell gave a good account of himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he did. I mean, like, yeah, he did. His real grafter, isn't he. There's nothing pretty about him. He just grinds it out.
Speaker 1: Workman like. The only the only bit of Fleaar is the reverse sweep, which drives boomers into conniptions.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And Mike Minaga, no, he listens. He drives him fucking crazy. He I get I get bombarded with messages every goes. What are you saying? It would just say, pot it away, Minchell. It's just it drives him insane. If you wanted to make him crazy, get a compilation of Daryl Mitchell's reverse sweeps and play it to Mike Minogue and he'll he'll flip.
Speaker 1: But how many times he got out to the reverse sweep.
Speaker 3: A few times? That's what drives him crazy.
Speaker 1: You've got to do something, though. You can't just be reactive, you know, And look, take it to the ball. He plays that shot quite well.
Speaker 3: He got it out a few times, and then it worked, but it's just when it goes wrong, people were ready with the knives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an easy one to point to if it goes wrong, but fuck when it comes off, and if you're doing it often enough, they have to put a fielder there, you know. So it's a way of you, as a better dictating the field a little bit. Yeah, but when it goes bad, it looks very very bad. Renders all right, the sixy camera. We've been talking about him a lot. This is his farewell tour, not the result he's looking for. But you could tell once he went out there to beat he was just like, fuck it, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: He always that's consistent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's what he's always done. He's like, look, I'm not a great better, so I might as well go for as many six as I possibly can.
Speaker 3: He can hit the ball. He's got a good eye. Yeah so, and he can hit a big ball. Great slog.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he is, as we said the other day, sixth in Test sixs. He is now on ninety five eight, two of them in this most recent innings. So he's got three sorry, two more games in thiry four more innings, Yes, to hit five more sixers to crack the ton. If he does that, that will vault him over Jacques Kalis who was just above him. Chris Gaale is on ninety eight, Adam Gilchrist is on one hundred, and then if South they can do one hundred, he'll be tired with Gilchrist, McCullum one oh seven, Ben Stokes one hundred and thirty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we could see evidence of that when Stokes was playing it in the weekend. He goes big so something about that the coach captain combo here. I can't see why they play basball and you've got McCullum one hundred and seven six Test sixes and your captain is the only one ahead of you one hundred and thirty one. Yeah, when is that combination going to go? I reckon, we should just pump the brakes here, guys. Yeah, that's just shut up shop. A lot of carpet balls just worked the ones in two. So it's not coming out of those guys. Because people in the change room the game, what are you talking about? Bullshit? That would be great for Saudi. I mean he's in pretty good company. He's like he's ahead of Lara Rowitt, Sharma, Nda saywag, that's a great stat. I've said it before, get wickets hit sixes, knowing there's nothing more straight up than that.
Speaker 1: We mention wickets. He has set first in wickets taken for a black Cap overall. That's an all formats combined. I think that's by virtue of the fact that when he started playing was when T twenties started. Yes, and so he's played more games than anyone else but seven hundred and seventy two. Vitries second on six ninety six. So it's going to take it's going to take quite a bit to beat that.
Speaker 3: I can't see anyone beating that.
Speaker 1: Because he came into the team at what eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nineteen and yeah, and he played. He's played a lot of Test cricket and a lot of one days. People coming in now they'll play a lot of T twenties, but they'll also leave the national team earlier, like the likes of Ferguson and a Milm, to go and make money elsewhere. So I don't I'm going to this is a hot take that'll never be beaten. Wow, seven seventy two in terms of wickets for New Zealand as a Black Cap Yep, that won't be beaten because I don't think people will play that long.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you. What about second and test workts he's on three eighty seven. I don't think he's going to hit the four hundred unfortunately.
Speaker 3: How I mean, if he did, that would be magnificent. Thirteen wickets and I mean, look we've done in one game. Ye, the way he was he did look very kind of saudy of the last eighteen months there. It was a little bit of something something for him, and he beat the outside of edge quite a lot. Yep, But I must submit old Nathan Smith looked good. There's something about him.
Speaker 1: He's got a terrible noball issue. That's excitement.
Speaker 3: That's a bit. Yeah, that's obviously him pushing too hard, and he said he was too excited, But there's something about him. He was creating chances and the amount of mishits that came off him and that drop catches that came off from unfortunate.
Speaker 1: He should have had a five f He should have had a five for his Yeah, he should be spewing for his stats there because he should have had so much more than that. And I think anyone that watched it if you just looked at the stats, he'd be like, oh yeah, when right got two wickets, I think, but when you watched him actually bowl, it was impressive.
Speaker 3: He looks the goods, yeah, and he's got a mullet and the mo it look good and he's so the next game is I mean, we'll talk about Previy the next game and later on the week, but the rumor is that it's going to be a decision between getting Satna in the team potentially a pitch that turns a bit and Wellington I did last year. Anyway, who does he come in for? And most of the punnets are saying the other comes in for Saudi or Smith? Now Smith, this is his home track. He's played a shit ton of domestic cricket on this pitch, and then in this ground does he come in for the hometown farewell tour of Saudi? So this is this is a decision for Steady to make along with Latham, and yeah, it's going to be an interesting decision. I don't see see how they not playing in Hamilton, No, but I potentially see him not playing in this one.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you couldn't not play him, surely.
Speaker 3: Well, now that'll do you know what, You're right, We're not in the Test Championship anymore, right, what are we playing for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but after what they did the Wags, I could see it. Oh bloody drop them. Someone would get injured. There'll be fielding all day. That's what will happen.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they can't repeat the Wags situation. That should be an a manual on how not to farewell, a legend of the game.
Speaker 1: It's a national shame. Yeah, that is a national shape. I think that's what's gonna happen. Also, Will Young? Will he get back in again? We could have done with him. Yeah, Well that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Where do we put Will Young? We do we? I mean Blundelle's under pressure. Do we put Will Young in there and give Latham the gloves? But then it's that too much opening the betting gloves and captning. That is a ship ton on one person. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, if you put the gloves on someone like Phillips, now you've taken a bowling option.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want them, he doesn't want that out, he doesn't want them. Conway, he's not He is a T twenty kind of makeshift keeper. So you've got no choice. Bundel's it. You can't be coming in with a you can't give later any more responsibilities. You can't. You can't battle day keep all day. That's too much. That's back the victory era when he was captain, coach and manager. I heard he drove the bus to the airport pretty much. He was a two year period there when he was everything. He was a selected coach and player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sus the catering, Yeah, absolutely ran the court session around the court session.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's going to be interesting and at least good things for us to talk about as well. But you know, because selection for crickets never really that bigger thing. It's like, oh, they brought a spinner or they brought a past But now we've got a couple of genuine like how do we fit these dudes? They didn't put Young and could have done with a few extra runs.
Speaker 3: Controversy does Young come in for Conway?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: I mean he hasn't had a great hasn't it ar? I mean, but you know it's still the quality batsman so as.
Speaker 1: Wellying I know, I reckon, you go down and you have a knit and you're just like all right, fellas last last man, and yeah, it starts last minon gets the run and there's everyone going at them, and then you put your two bowlers bowling at them. Whoever can last the longest by the day before the tests, whoever gets bowled out first, that out of the game, and whoever bowld them is in okay, yep, a real gladiator sort of hunger game situation.
Speaker 3: Like that did.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break when we come back on and address the half curse issue on the weekend. All right, we've talked a lot about curses here at the a SEC, and I don't think anyone's should more commentators curses than the a SEC.
Speaker 3: That's because we've got an opinion. I you know, we like to support get behind our teams, and we're like, oh my god, he's looking good, he's looking great. Yeah, I can't wait for him to get to a century we got. We're just too passionate and too positive, you see.
Speaker 1: That's right. And it's got to the point sometimes where we're too scared to commentate because we've issued so many commentatus curses. But I think we've had another world first from the ACC on the weekend, and it was this half commentators curse from you?
Speaker 3: Well, there is some positive news, a positive ray of sunshine here. Most partnership runs for New Zealand being on the outside. Back to bad workes plooddw's gone for a golden duck, he's gone up to review it and they've also run him out.
Speaker 1: Can it be a commentators curse if you're only halfway through delivering it?
Speaker 3: And look, your honor, no, your honor. I will defend that to the end. I will take that to the High Court, take it to the Privy Council if I have to, because I did not deliver it in full. You can't be half pregnant, would you?
Speaker 1: If not murder? Would you accept manslaughter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, suspended sentence, manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, I would accept, yeah, but I'm not I'm not playing murder, not murder.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So that was was it? Car Wokes? It was a second wicket. Yeah, it was back to back. It was back to back and after the first one then Blundell came out to the crease and Paul Ford showed you a graphic that said that it was the highest run partnership or something like that.
Speaker 3: Blundell and Mitchell or something.
Speaker 1: Was it Blodell and Mitchell in the stage.
Speaker 3: You know, I have got the most runs as a partnership in New Zealand history or whatever. So he passed it to me and I was halfway through reading it. That happened. Then he got behind first ball. I could see, look, you know these fingerprints at the crime scene. But there is a lot that you cncubstantial. Yeah you can't me on completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. The rock could have held the world first day g laid in the half blood curse sounds like a Harry Potter movie. Let's move on to the rod ball. Auckland f C are now five from five. They won again on the weekend, the top of the table. They have tied the longest winning streak to start a season ever in the A League.
Speaker 3: Whether you're it's your debut season or not. Yeah, holy, that's great. And it was awful. Yeah, it was awful in Auckland. And the zoo is not the zoo. The port still looked like it was going off.
Speaker 1: Well it looked like a port because it was underwater.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And but this weekend obviously the big it's the Doobie Yes sold out. Apparently there's a second secondary ticket market going on for and it Bucks. People are charging for a ticket. Oh my god. Yeah. So back at go Hard. It's the return Doobie. That's going to be a crack out. Hopefully the weather holds out. It's huge, everything set up perfectly for it. Completely undefeated. No one wants to beat the more than Wellington. Well yeah, Wellington are on a revenge mission. Yeah, they are getting their revenge boards ready and they will show them off. So I would it would be great for the storyline for the Phoenix to take the win, to take the W and go back down to Wellington with the W. It would, yeah, it would, It would, just that would create they've got the record, although they've equal it or whatever, so that's all good. I don't mind them dropping a game, but if they're going to drop a game, drop it to the Phoenix because it'll spice things up.
Speaker 1: It's the best thing that could happen for New Zealand football, I think, is for the Phoenix to beat Auckland. So I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I am a Day one Auckland f C fan. I was that their first game. Yeah, I didn't go to Day two, but a day three. No, I've been doing any of the other days since, but you were there at the start.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 1: I'll be going to og I'll be going to day six and my my allegiances are up for sale. Whoever once that game moment, I'm a die easy fan.
Speaker 3: Sticking with the round ball.
Speaker 1: If you're in Tina, midfielder Edward or Bob collapsed on the field in a series match against Intero has been abandoned. It's a second incident this year of a player collapsing during a match in the city. Do your own research under that one. I don't know. I don't know. Well, I'm saying there's a lot of dudes having heart attacks and dying on football fields globally at the moment. Let's move on to the GP and unfortunately your leg of the three way from this weekend. Why did I didn't come in?
Speaker 3: It's the golden rule. Never bet against strap On because he was second on the grid and I was like, here, he's gonna blow out. Yeah, I had I think he had pstre and Norris because I had money on McLaren. Just just McLaren winning, yes, and he just overtook on the first corner.
Speaker 1: And one androve faster than anyone else, drove correct and Liam Lawson had a bit of a shitter as well.
Speaker 3: I think he did. He have a small crash.
Speaker 1: Not a small crash, you had a full on wipeout him and another the dude whose name escapes me. It was classic Liam Lawson.
Speaker 3: Not Lance stroll him because that's the guy cut him off and qualifying and gave him the fingers.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it was that dude. I think it was another dude. But anyway, I took what I presume to be an aggressive line, didn't leave enough room for both of them to get around and he so Liam Lawson bumped the other dude off the track, but spun out himself, got back on track and still managed to finish fourteenth, which was good, but I I think so Obviously there's a big issue around These cars are going a million miles an hour. They could crash into the barrier.
Speaker 3: Why don't they.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what would boost the sports popularity as rig them up a little bit as they're a bit safer, give them a bit more runoff room and just have bumper cats basically bumper cuts, give them enough room that they're not going to hurt themselves.
Speaker 3: I know for a fact you can still get injured in a bumper car because I was in one in Munich and I'm still suffering from, you know, flash from you t boning me. I had a chicken head on immutely it was clapping and plucking at the same time. I had lederhos and I was trained dangerously steamed. But you came out of nowhere. You came out, you came out of the mist. I would love to have.
Speaker 1: Seen it from GoPro footage from both of our heads because I saw you from a mile Well, you had the fucking chicken head on, so I could see you from anywhere, and as I came around, I was like, oh, here we go. I just needed the red seed a part and it did that just so hard. The chicken come off your head.
Speaker 3: The chicken came off. That's why it's all covered in black. So everyone goes, oh, it's disgusting. It's like ended up in the middle of the fucking Dodgems because I got t bone by.
Speaker 1: Your car broke down. So yeah, lem Lawson finished fourteenth at the cut GP Makaiva Gate. There's been an update, Yes, it has been an update. Still, why is it still carrying on? What's just a kind of never ending? Okay, I'll explain to you. Was okay, still carrying on? So if you can't remember, they had a bit of a spat during the America's Cup, so Makiva was commentating it. You interviewed Ben Ainsley. He said, do you still feel confident that you can win?
Speaker 3: Enough?
Speaker 1: The gun for Nil down? It was misconstrued a little bit, but anyway, Ben Ainsley took that as like, oh, what you're having to digay? So he said, oh, they might. He called him a fucking waker, That's what he did, so he was. He addressed it on his wife Georgie Ainsley's podcast, This is why It's come back up again? He said, I keep my communications pack on so everyone could hear me. And then if it the spark a reaction from his crew because they were trailing for Neil, do you believe him?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe me either. Nah.
Speaker 3: Also, would you ever do a podcast with your partner?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, I would. She wouldn't do it, but I'd do an episode, But I wouldn't do like an on go because if you're doing it every week.
Speaker 3: But then I'd just been making out lies. Like being asked me a question, I just completely make a lieut. I know, I drank that beer purely because I just needed to set an example for to show what alcohol could do to you, to many at and to Joe and our team, because obviously I'd lead from the front, and so if you see mass consumption of alcohol, that is what it does. So I was leading from the fun. Yeah, she'd be like.
Speaker 1: Bullshit, bullshit. There'd also be things like if I was doing a podcast of my message, she'd be like, did you know that west Auckland's no longer using bin tags on a Friday? And they're like, yeah, no, you didn't because you've never once bought one of the bintegs. You didn't even know what they were, but didn't even know there were bin tags and now they are.
Speaker 3: I know there have been tangs. I've gone through a few bin tangs for sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe bin tags just needed to single it that people could wear that would have promoted them. She's not a bad ideas.
Speaker 3: Because the bin tags are going completely because in the north Shore of Auckland they're getting rid of them from March next year. I don't know why they had them, so we should have We should celebrate it by getting the bin tang logo and just having a play with it and calling it, intending it into bin tags.
Speaker 1: Integ it's golling some bintags. All right, let's take one more quick break. We'll come back with yours please. Just before we get to yours please, thanks to our mates at November. The legendary ACC Golf Open is back for twenty twenty five at Poop Poockie Golf Course in Auckland on the thirty first of January, which seems like a long way away now it is two months away, but we're going to fall into that weird time warp. Yes, so you need to get onto it quick. Smart a team entry into the ACC Golf Open and includes green fees for three players. We're playing nine holes, trust me, you don't want eighteen for this. On course beverages and snacks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Use of official ACC Open scoring app, which is revolutionary blew my mind last year. A Friday afternoon off work to unleash your owner John Daily. A post round entertainment at the nineteenth hole. Guilt free donation to November as well, So if you want to join that you can text golf to three two three six, put your team together and join us on the green. All right, now let's get into yours please.
Speaker 3: Yours please, brought to you by Leader Home of the Top.
Speaker 1: With three four three All right, first call here yours blitz.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys for having the acc commentary.
Speaker 4: Continue to go.
Speaker 1: My wedding is next Saturday, and I hope my partner Manders just take his earbuds out listening to you guys long enough to say I do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's one of the great voicemails ever. Was that pass?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I felt. I felt there's a little bit of pass egg at the inn there. I mean, she's gone out of her way to send the message as well, so it's kind of she doesn't want to talk to him about it. So maybe this is via this podcast medium. Yes, she's letting him know you be not be fucking listening to the cricket with our wedding day.
Speaker 1: That's the only way she can talk to him now because he's always got the headphones. It sounded like she was on a walk this and like she was outside. I reckon she's gone for a walk because she's like I can't talk to this guy's watching cricket and on the walk she's tuned into the country. What is this all the Yeah, he's just listened and she has gone that's a ship all right here at the little phone button, and then like, all right, guys, it's one of the all time And I think every relationship does it. We do it through the cat. We don't have kids, Yeah, we do the cat. And I didn't the dish washer today, did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't feed you again, that's why you're meiling somebody. I must admit fire and animal far more pass egg than via a child, because yeah, a child can go nah he loaded it yesterday, or you know, they can where's the cat? It's got nowhere to go? No, you're like, you know, hey, moose, did you not get fit either?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, where'd you got cold food as well? Just leftovers? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is way more pass egg, you're right, than a kid, because you could play it off as if you were actually asking the kids something. Yeah, you're not asking the cat shit, Oh dad didn't pack your lunch this morning?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 1: Like that is you could actually be asking the kid that he about.
Speaker 3: We're more than happy to open up the yours please to relationships who who are struggling with communication. You feel free to communicate via the medium of talkbacks.
Speaker 1: Please, because there are some things that you know you want to address with your partner, but you know if you ever brought it up then it would become a thing. So you need like a third party to be able to broach the subject with them.
Speaker 3: Especially if you don't hur their feelings, and especially if you know they listen to this podcast. Yeah, so you can just get your message across that way.
Speaker 1: It's a great point. It will not work the other way around if they don't listen to this podcast. Don't bother sending us. Don't never hear it, although we'd like to hear it. Or you can tell them to listen to it and then we'd get us one more listener. Oh yeah, we'll be up to three. Another caller here, yours.
Speaker 4: Please, just wanted to say you guys have done a bloody good job with the punish a bat and the swing ball.
Speaker 3: It's of what I have the week here and listen to the cricket, but at beach cricket.
Speaker 4: I have never hit a ball as far in my life, and I've never had more deviation off the bounds.
Speaker 3: Well done, don't God's work here.
Speaker 4: I am going to serve some is up at cross.
Speaker 3: Chess boss. Well, what a ringing endorsement for our cricket sets at Rebel Sport. Yea, yeah, like you mentioned that if you must have heard by now, we're seen on socials. But the punisher is selling like hotcake as a bat. That is the size. It's plastic and hollowed out like any other kind of Kiwi cricket bat, but it is the size of a David Warner cooker barrough.
Speaker 1: It's enormous. Yeah, it's enormous. It's a meat axe. Yeah, that's what it is. And the beach is the appropriate place for it. Yeah, because even if you just block it, a FULLD defensive will go across the boundary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, backyards. It's going to be challenging to control yourself. I mean because the thick it's thickest, it's probably twenty probably fifteen centimeters and it's thickest and the range of balls we've already pre taped a ball for you. That thing deviates like nobody. So it's like one half of the ball was twice as heavy as the other half. Yeah, so you're going to get a lot of movement in the air.
Speaker 1: It's all sorts, says that training ball, that's all sort of weird shapes and then you throw it and oh the reaction ball. Yeah, tell you what, should we send a bunch of reaction balls to the black Caps get into the these this week?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But we've also got the pass It Forward sets as well, which are good, which is a full set of plastic cricket set and everyone you buy, we give one to charity. So we're about giving.
Speaker 1: Yea and we've got your stocked for for Christmas as well. If you're short of an idea, one must call it yours place.
Speaker 4: Grim Lane strucks again. Just a quick question here, Julane. Where were you on Thursday the start of the test. You're in christ Church, which is way for you supporting a team that you quite enjoy.
Speaker 3: Fuck you, Yes, I was in christ Church on Thursday? Are we okay we're implying that it's the Grim Lane curses? Is there what you're saying? I'm in I'm in Wellington on Friday, So I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: If any one works at the Auckland Airport that could prohibit ge Lane from getting on the plane to Wellington this week. Please do your best because he's hitting down.
Speaker 3: We're coming down if we lose this one, coming down.
Speaker 1: We lose this one again the curses and oh yeah true.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I'll be in Hamilton as well, wheeling at a fiberglass camel around the boundary in Hamilton.
Speaker 1: So does Hamilton count because you're from Hamilton I live, but I live in Yeah, that's a good point. So yeah, while we are down there in Wellington, what could we and this might be something for you at home to send through yours please about But what could we do for the black Caps the night before the game, because that's when we'll be there? Could we do we set up a loser circle for the Black Cats to help them with their catching? Should we present them with their caps?
Speaker 3: So the night before every Test match they get represented their caps by someone of usually note of note and gives the motive we did. We've done it once before before a one day and Wellington went to the hotel and myself off Paul Ford and Jeremy Wells and Matt Heath. We all gave a speech each.
Speaker 1: And then presented the cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah and mine was about how much you know, how much the inventories full the nation and you know, you guys are much bitter people. Jerry's was on the herey jab. Matt Heath talked about because Mike Hessen was the coach at the time, about his experience with Mike Hessen and sneaking person into grounds. Paul Ford was the only one that made any sense. He actually gave a proper motivational speech. And then we lined up and we were welcomed them up, you know, and shake their hand. Gran Elliott came up here and we give them their cat cat number such.
Speaker 1: And such and how'd they go?
Speaker 3: They lost, They lost, but it was a good experience and afterwards we walked out.
Speaker 1: And fuck it was that a little bit?
Speaker 3: They had a good time. Yeah, it was because usually it's someone like I remember Russell Crowe once did it in Sydney for them, and he came into the changing room and threw his New Zealand passport onto the floor in the middle of the changing room instead of my fucking New Zealander. And I've heard that was one of the best ones. Yeah, we knew they got full gladiator last right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's powerful, all right, let us know, send us a wee voicemail and tell us what we should do while we're down there in Wellington to help buoy the troops and otherwise. We'll see you tomorrow for a Tuesday episode of the Gender podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to. The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio form you get your podcasts