Speaker 1: Live from the Export Bear Gardens studio in Wellington today and brought to you by Export Ultra, the Bear for conferencing. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the twenty sixth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Tram, brought to you by Next Sport Ultra.
Speaker 1: Welcome morning Lane. This is one of the earlier records that we've ever done. As it stands, we are sitting in the foyer of a hotel and we are watching the Uros. I think it's halftime at the moment, Slovenia v England.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 4: I did ask you the question, you know what's going on in the the Euros? What what's going to happen as the result of this game? And you said no idea, no idea. Well I can tell you, okay. If England beat Slovenia, they will top the group and then they will play the third placed country from either group.
Speaker 3: DC or are there how many groups are there too?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Sorry question with that warning, okay.
Speaker 4: But the top two would matically go through and then the top three top threes. It's quite confusing because I don't think they've quite got the full numbers of a World Cup, but I'm only really interested when it gets to the playoffs for the final round of sixteen. Yeah, that's right, but Slovenia also the soul of this match. They could either qualify first last. Wow, does it depend on how much they score or well, yeah, they need to win convincing right, But they've ever been England, so it's there all the halftime. This is I think euro is going to get a little bit more interesting and I think maybe next week we should probably get piny on Is Jason Kyne that the voice of the round Ball and the round Ball in New Zealand. Maybe get them on to teach us again if maybe something want to call the chat, maybe some just yeah throw out there, because I think remember the Euros last time England made the final and everyone got them behind it. Yeah, and I think everyone look kind of hitches on that because I don't think it was interested in the France Germany Euros.
Speaker 3: Final, no hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I think that there's a good little culture around the Euros here in New Zealand because they play at about six o'clock in the morning and so everyone goes down to bars. As I mentioned, at the top were in Wellington for the dB Annual Conference, and a large contingent last night was saying that they were heading to a pub around the corner to watch the games this morning. I don't know how many of them made it, just based on the fact that they were still there.
Speaker 3: At closing time for two different venues last night. I think that.
Speaker 1: A bunch of them wouldn't have made it. Yeah, us ourselves, we haven't made it. We're just in the foyer of the hotel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they've got the furos on though, and they've got the commentary on such. The reason they left another pub was because I said that, yeah, there's no commentary. Also, there was a curfew last night, an unofficial curfew at night, is that right? And I just put it down by the sales team dB sales team. There was when I got two the other it was about half twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well half twelve for you. Yeah, okay, jeez, that probably puts me at about two three o'clock, ransacked the mini bar, watched John work, and then fell asleep with the curtains open, directly across the road from a giant billboard, which explains the voice This morning, another fund ted bit about dB not allowed to use Lime scooters and we found out the reason for that last night. A young bloke from the from the workforce, Oli was his name.
Speaker 3: He had himself an injury.
Speaker 1: He came acropp it basically fifty meters away from the hotel that he was staying at and he wasn't even like trying to do a trek or anything.
Speaker 3: He just went to park.
Speaker 1: It slipped over and his collar bone basically exploded. We saw the photos, We saw the there's a he's got a giant scar, and we saw the X ray as well, and it was it was a goodie.
Speaker 4: And as a result, Lime scooters are a band. Yes on work trips, yeah, I mean we're not We're not.
Speaker 1: No, we can use them and as I look around there's probably a few people who could do with it because we're Our hotel is on a main arterial route for the commuters.
Speaker 4: And I love a commute Wellington.
Speaker 1: They love a commute, a good walk, yeah they well, I mean we're not far away from the train station. They love they love public transport down here in Wellington, and and good on them. They've got a good public transport system around here as well, so fear play to them. It's actual sport that's going on at the moment as well. Lane Hayden Wild's gearing up for the Olympics. He was asked if he's worried about the water quality in the Sin River. He said, he's more worried about the shark. Have you seen the movie on Netflix? There's a movie on Netflix. Heath was talking about it on the podcast the other day that it's based on the theory that there was a shark that once swum up the Seine River and it's given birth and now now there's a population of sharks living on it. Because you know there's all the catacombs in that around Paris, and the theory is that there's a shark that lives in there. And he was like, I'm not too worried about the post. Yeah, the pose and the w water. It's the shark that's gonna give me. That's the big concern. I think a shark would be a great motivator if I was on the swimming league.
Speaker 4: I think there's I think they have sun swim in a lot of oceans, probably chance to eat by show one.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent well, and also more chance of getting poos in your mouth, because would you.
Speaker 4: Rather swim with a shark or swim with poose?
Speaker 3: Poose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm certain of I'm certain of swam with poos before, and I've been okay, I don't know if I've swum with the shark before. One time on a snorkeling trip, I saw a couple of reef sharks. They put the sheds up me, and I think that's about as close i'd like to get. But I think we'd probably we've probably all been within a couple of meters of a shark at some point.
Speaker 4: Yes, so you're saying that even if you did swim with a shark, within moments, you'd be swimming with sharks.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't think you can have one without the other, to be honest, Sharks and shit. Also, there's been a lot made about the quality of the water in the in the Sein for the Olympics coming up, and I'm like, they're only in there for what like half an hour maybe tops.
Speaker 4: They have spent a lot of money on cleaning it up. Yeah, billions and billions of dollars, and pretty rightly so, ex because it's it would it's been center to clean up, clean a poos out of what? Yeah, what is a kind of anational icon, I'd say almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an international icon. But I just don't think that any athlete would give a ship that this post. Like, yeah, you're going to get crook later on, but you'll be crooked with a gold medal hanging around your neck, you know what I mean. Like, it's not it's not that big an issue.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: These guys have got bigger things to to consider themselves.
Speaker 4: They did say, I did read about it, though. They did say if the water quality is too bad, they're just going to scrap the swim.
Speaker 3: And it becomes a biathlon.
Speaker 4: Yeah je e, Yeah, the biath isn't it. It's just basically a cyclone run.
Speaker 1: So then what happens If your strength is swimming, Wow, you get the damn poo. If your weakness is swimming, you be shipping at the top of the center going into this before you hanging over the Yeah, yeah, you've got your whole, You get your whole support crew just hanging it off the back of it is at the bridge where the padlocks go on. The bridge of love is just hanging off there, just expressing your love into the scent to give yourself an advantage. The next day, speaking of poohs, it didn't expect it to be this pooh focus this early.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Did you see the four hundred meter runner who got trapped in the toilets before qualifying for the Olympics. So she is now that day she had a four hundred meter hat. She is considered a relay specialist. Sheared the opportunity to qualify in her own right to compete for her own medal. But on the morning of the race, she goes into a portaloo and the thing, the lock, gets jammed and for ten minutes she's in this portaloo just screaming because no one was around her. And eventually, ten minutes later someone came and hit the jimmy the lock to get her out of the thing. She then gets to the starting line and wins the race, qualified for the Paris Olympics.
Speaker 3: I think this is a powerful story.
Speaker 4: Nothing more motivating than being trapped in a portal Look.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also in that being down a bit of a rabbit hole last night on Instagram as well. Seen that music festival where they picked up a portalo with a guy in it and carried him to the front of the stage all on like almost like crowdsurfing, but.
Speaker 3: With a portaloo with the jackass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and took them to the front of the stage and we're just dancing around. He's opening up the lid.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't see that one, but I just think that that must be quite a common occurrence, because you know, I've done two half marathons. I know you've done a few of yourself as well. The thing that I learned about when I was doing those was nothing about myself and my own personal limits or anything like that. It was how hard people piss when they have to do a half marathon or any kind of endurance thing. Because the lines for the toilets. It'd be my one bit of advice if anyone signing up for some sort of endurance event, the lines for the toilets in the morning, allow yourself an extra hour. Everybody's person, Yeah, everybody, and shit, well, ten k's into one of the half marathons I did, and I did two of them. I went into, stopped at one of the toilets, went in for a quick whiz, and it was clocked with the biggest two I've ever seen, and I was like, this is ten meters into either a half marathon or a full marathon. So you're ten kilometers into a run, and you ran those ten kilometers with the monster on board. And it just made me be so sick. One that it had happened, and two that I was losing to someone that had run ten ks with that I was losing to them by so much that they had a chance to sit down and snap on off, for it to fester a little bit, and then me to get in there.
Speaker 4: Maybe they were like a race horse for you. You have to weigh them down with a handicap.
Speaker 3: That was sandbagging.
Speaker 1: So I lost to someone who was sandbagging with you know, probably about three kilos on board, to be honest with you, ten carrots. Yeah, and it sat for so long, you know that that sort of expands a lot of appreciate this one. When I was at boarding school, we used to we used to have a thing called a dorm shit where if someone took a ship that they thought could quite possibly be the biggest ship in hostel history, they were leave it there for the problem is they wouldn't tell anyone about it till lunchtime. By that stage, it had soaked and swelled up, and so people would be like, hey, Joseph's done a done a dorm shit. Everyone needs to check it out. And all of a sudden the mation's like why is everyone running back up to the hostel at lunch? I was like, well, between men, you, lou Joe has done a monster dorm shit and it could take out the record. One day the seventh formers came down to have a look at it because they were like, this could be this could be an all timer as much as your year. We've never seen anything like it. It was like, how did that come out of a human body? Arguably too much appochiet. Let's take a break. We'll come back and talk some more actual sports. All right, Well, welcome back into the flour of the Ridge's Hotel in Wellington. As it stands England still knil all with Slovenia could not point to Slovenia on a map. I know that Luka Doncic is from Slovenia.
Speaker 4: It's just it's around that bolted year, around that kind of chick as the Vakia Croatia area.
Speaker 3: Is it a former Yugoslav nation?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, are they any good at football.
Speaker 4: It's when I think it's when Slovenia played Croatia. Things get head.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, well the crow it is just similarly such a nice people. But I guess that's because all I think of when I think of Croatia is sale Croatia and people posting photos in their togs. Wow, but they're probably actually quite a warter ornation. It's funny how you can rehabilitate your image. Actual, Shawn Johnson is out. He has a bung achilles, and as we've discussed at nauseum on this podcast, the achilles is the most terrifying injury I have heard from a physiotherapist before that there's no correlation between having a saw achilles or a saw calf and actually snapping it. Yeah, very hard to believe that when you have a saw. If you've ever had like his saw achilles a.
Speaker 4: Saw calf, your presumption is it's on a knife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apparently that's not how it works, which is even more terrifying. This is why the achilles scares the piss out of me, because there's no you just hop out of bed one day and then bang.
Speaker 4: Sniper one takes Sniper one takes.
Speaker 1: The shot and you're down. So a little bit of concern around Seawn Johnson. Apparently he carried it through most of the game on Saturday, so we'll chalk that sixty six point hiding up to Shawn Johnson had a Bung league and he's now out and he's copying a bit on social media. I'm gonna be honest, it's kind of sad to me that I was a little bit like, Okay, good, he's out injured because he's sort of been in and out, in and out, in and out injured a little bit slow. And the thing about these guys is all professional athletes. There's a reason why they have the you know, throw the towel in and boxing because they'll never come out themselves. They will play until they can't until their head comes off here. So they'll play through You'll play through the Bung pick, You'll play through the Bung league, and webe doesn't seem to like he'll never pull a player out of the game either, So I think it's it's a good thing that the injury's got to the point where he's like, all right, got to take another four week off.
Speaker 3: I think he might have rushed back a little bit too early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done a bit of Again, I did a deep dive into achilles injuries and I don't But also there was a great video on how they repair an archilles.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen this. They have to like braid the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they use a stick of celery and so they chop the stick of celery for the demonstration, the demonstration of how it goes together, and they show the tools and the sewing of how they bring the two bits of celery together. I've got it was a deep hole.
Speaker 1: I've seen these as well, because there's a there's a page on Instagram called nurl Physio and he explains injuries and he's a physio and his best guesses as to how they've done them, what they've done, the time table for your favorite player to return as well. But he uses the most disgusting animations of how it's done. And it's like sewing together and yeah, there's like a braided thread that they have to use.
Speaker 3: To pull the thing together. I actually don't want to know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was basically they've got a stick of callery they bent around a foot and then they snapped it and then and then they so yeah, they they braided the side so it come.
Speaker 1: Together, Yeah, and then pull the whole thing together like it's a rat tail. And then I've seen the ones where it's like, here's how you fixing a cl So I don't want to know that. Even if I do my a CL I don't want to know that. I know so many people have done it, and I was like, I didn't want to know anything about my own mortality or how you fix me. Joe Jurry has fallen down an Instagram rabbit hole of like Chinese workplace incidents, So when something happens on a work site, they'll make a three D animation of it if he's in these, and then they show them to people at work sites as like, hey, be careful, this is what could happen. But that's so like specific and realistic, and they have like noises over the top of them. So it'll be a dude who you know, leaves the forklift and gear and then it just runs someone through with the forks and then they was just saying like who over the top of it, And the first time he said, like what the I've fallen down this rabbit hole as well, what the fuck is this? And you can't stop and then all of a sudden that's that's all that's in there, which, to be fair, I could probably deal with at the moment just looking at my own my own search history.
Speaker 3: England. Are they still in the Tea twenty World Cup?
Speaker 4: They are the semifinals. South Africa will play Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, because of course Afghanistan knocked out Australia.
Speaker 4: Yes. Today did they beat Bangladesh. It was an absolute thriller that game.
Speaker 1: Not least of all because you had about seventeen different bets riding on.
Speaker 4: I did a behalf of camel but right up to why they were on and off for Rain, I think about four or five times. A great incident. Jonathan Trott, the former England player, as the coach of Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: And he knew how to get that gig.
Speaker 4: He knew that rain was incoming and that they knew they were at the time they were ahead on Duckley's vers so he was hoping that rain comes and it gets canceled in afteris don't go through because it was really tight, and he's great footage of him just doing the hands like slow down, slow things down, like to the fielders and there's a great footage of a slip. First guy at first that looks over and sees Johnson trot saying slow it down, and then he grabs his handstring and drops to the ground. It's one of the great it's one of the great pieces of footage. He grab. If any guy grabs, he goes to the ground and starts writhing around in pain, and even his teammate. His teammate, but she comes like what are you doing because she can didn't see the whole slow down. He's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: He's rolling around, and.
Speaker 4: Then he's up and he's pretending like he's pulled it, and he's limping around, and then an over lady who's browling.
Speaker 3: Everyone's looking at him.
Speaker 1: At that stage, He's like, I can't say it out loud now, but I've just been given the old ghost slow. It's like if in rugby or like age group or whatever, not professional rugby, in the amateur game, if anyone needs to stop for for whatever reason, it comes to grahame time proper, just go down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's just like me my bloody blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, four week's just changing into some clean boots because because they look sick.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so India and England are in one semi final, Afghanistan and South Africa are in the other. So you'd like to think that, you know, if Afghanistan can, if they can, if they can knock over Africa, the biggest choke of all time. But you know, Seffrians are a you know, they love a good choke. They love to be choked out.
Speaker 1: And also, at what point in Afghanistan's history of knocking people out in this world couple, we're going to stop saying that it's a you know, a banana appeal or that they've upset someone.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the Tullybah massively twenty fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't understand it is a big part of it that there's massive variance in T twenty And if you've got a superstar bowler and like a couple of decent batters, that's enough to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And which is are they They're all over the place, they're either turning, they're not bouncing. The conditions. You can't get used to the same conditions. So it's perfect for a team like Afghanistan to come in and it's a complete wild, wild kind of Yeah, they got Rushi. Can they've got their left armor. Who's got the most wickets in the little Trent Bolt Mini.
Speaker 3: Yeah, PlayStation one Trent Bolt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got Hermes, the top wicket taker. Rushi can't. He took four wickets yesterday in the game. It was bamboozling them with his gurgly Yeah, it was. It was a It was a great watch actually, because Bangladesh couldn't couldn't qualify. They had to get the total of twelve overs. They didn't, so then they were just basically playing for Australia because in the bangladeshould beat in Afghanistan, Australia would have snuck in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's tough, because what do you do if your Bangladesh? Yeah, I can't win from here. And they needed what.
Speaker 4: They needed nine runs off ten balls with two wickets in hand and Boom Boom lost two wickets in.
Speaker 3: The run, so they to eliminate Australia.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I was hoping they would, but they genuinely looked like they were trying to win it.
Speaker 1: Well, they did a good job of selling it then. But God bless them because if they can't go through, then the best thing they could do for well, actually the least they could do for the international community is knock Australia out of the World Cup.
Speaker 4: It was so good, it was so good, And now I just gussage asie mate saying you can't even beat the teams. We can't even beat. So yes, so I think Simmis are tomorrow and the finals on Saturday, so I don't muck around the tventy World Cup. She's all over in Arkas three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully that'll be around the old lunchtime as well. Yeah, the times have been pretty good. There's an English spin. It didn't make. The team's name is showing by Sheer. He was playing in county cricket this week. He conceded thirty eight runs in one over, and the impressive set about this is there was also a top ball in that over.
Speaker 4: He obviously had noble went six.
Speaker 1: So the sixth ball of Bashier's over was sent so far down league side because he was so in his head that it went for five wides. And there was worse to follow when he overstepped with his next delivery, giving away no ball. Therefore two runs along with the single and obviously another five sixes as well a record.
Speaker 3: I believe it would be. Surely thirty eight would be the record, wouldn't it?
Speaker 4: You think so? I mean unofficial record. I mean because I've known first class games where I've done it on purpose.
Speaker 1: Twenty no balls in the row, right, yeah, legit, legit over? What is the Is there a limited T twenty? How many wids you can bowl? Not an international T twenty?
Speaker 4: That's the last man stands. We just get the game, just get the game over as responsible. I like him two wides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: This guy was so in his head that he was like, he bowled so far down legs side that it went for five wides, and then his next one was a no ball.
Speaker 3: How is that for just losing your absolute noggin.
Speaker 4: For five sixes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What do you? What do you do at that point?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a shocker for bowling five league wides without getting hit verse six sixes.
Speaker 4: I think that's when you dropped the Afghanistan first slip. Just drop, just drop the head, yes, just drop the hammy and get you get your teammate to finish your over, because yeah, if you get injured, you just mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you stretch it off. You go into the physio in the changing room, They're like, what happened here? And you're like, I think you know what happened here. It seems like your final slip. Yeah, my leg is fine, my head has gone. Let's take one more quick break. As we look at the game here in the foyer. We are fifty eight minutes into it. England have not scored a goal, nor have Slovenia. This is why I don't watch soccer. We will take a quick break. We'll be back with a half packed sports idea. All right, this is a half pag sports idea that crossed my desk on social media. Now that the NBA season is over, NBA Twitter is into absolute, full on bullshit mode and I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it. We're thoroughly enjoying it.
Speaker 1: This one I saw on Instagram and it said what age could you beat Lebron James?
Speaker 3: To clarify, we could all beat like a two year old three year old Lebron James.
Speaker 4: Dunk on that, Yeah, don'k on that.
Speaker 1: But a ten year old ten year old Lebron James would absolutely cook me.
Speaker 4: How big was he a ten?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: It's funny, I said, I can't tell you a ten, but at eleven he was five foot seven yeah, okay, which is tall enough. You've still got the advantage by a few inches. By thirteen years old, he was six foot okay, so you're somewhere south of because as soon as he's the same height as you, you're done. By seventeen years old, he was six foot six okay. Now stands at six foot nine.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I am going to say that I can't beat my eleven year old son. He might be about he's about five seven five eight, so he's Lebron's height. Yeah, So I gonna say nine nine year old, nine year old, well, nine year old Lebron, only because I don't want to be close.
Speaker 3: You want to.
Speaker 4: I want to dunk on him. I want to. I want him crying in the corner. I don't want. I don't want it to be close.
Speaker 1: He'll be so quick though. That's the problem. You know, even I know it's a hype base thing.
Speaker 3: I struggle to.
Speaker 1: Wrap my head around how good a ball handler or how good a player he would have been at that age. Obviously one of the greatest of all time. For a lot of people, the greatest of all time.
Speaker 4: Can you sort of skip back in this drill threes?
Speaker 3: I don't know how good.
Speaker 1: Is your son? Ll like, how good is the best player in your son's team?
Speaker 4: Yeah they're pretty good. Yeah, Okay, they're pretty good, Like they're real fricky little but a lot of them are sure of than him. He's more a Dennis Rodman rebound guy, right, that doesn't shoot march.
Speaker 3: But there are guys who are pretty good with the ball. Yeah, and good shooters as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See this is the problem. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: If I only get one chance at it, and they're like, right, you've got to pick the age. Then you've got to try it out. It's a game to twenty one, and you've just got to You're just gonna try. And when I'm with you, I'd want to make sure of it. I'll probably go about sort of six or seven months old and obliterate them. You like that, And just yeah I would. I mean, I can't dunk, but you know, i'd have a shot of me shooting in a jump shot over the top of six month old Lebron framed in my living room. But if I was to think about the oldest that I could, I said, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Seven seven or eight eight. Yeah, eight year old kids still quite dumb.
Speaker 4: They are, Yeah, they're quite dumb, But the thing is they're quite laser focus when it comes to sport though. Yeah, they can't drive, they can't add stuff up hardly, they can hardly read. But they know how to play.
Speaker 3: Sport because yeah they do.
Speaker 1: Because I play in a social basketball league and it's one of those ones where they have a camera running in the corner and they register your shots, so you get a full stat breakdown and you can click on when you scored and it'll show you a highlight of yourself playing. Sobering to see yourself, I think over like twenty five, to watch yourself play sport as it's grim.
Speaker 4: That's why that you likes trade's living. I don't humbling experiences you can ever do because they live stream it. Yeah, and my dad tuned in one year and I used to play quit a lot of pet as a kid, to a reasonable level, and then he watched it. Jeez, you let yourself go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like I probably haven't, it's just when you watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm forty six years up.
Speaker 3: I was like I was watching myself a basketball. The other day, I was like, fuck, I run like a fact.
Speaker 1: I actually saw myself from behind and I was just like, who's this fact I running up.
Speaker 3: The court and I was like, fuck it, now it's me.
Speaker 1: You watch it because you know, when you're out there playing, you're like everything's going in a million miles an hour, and you're like, I'm playing defense and I shut this guy down down, run out here, contest the shot over the rebound. Then you watch it back you Oh yeah, I would pay them extra to not film it, certainly not to run a filter it. Well, one of the guys in our team, god bless them, but he's gone back through the last four weeks of games and counted up all the stats, got full NBA box scores.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: The best thing that he's done is he hasn't recorded missed shots, so we're all shooting one hundred percent for the season. But I would shut it to think if he recorded turnovers and miss shots, just how abusin it was. Andrew Mulligan played in our team the other day and had a hook shot that they've been replaying a nauseum on their show. But yeah, I just think having watched myself play a six foot Lebron is dunking. I think by that age, I think eight, yeah, okay, I point nine. I meant nine purely, I think I would beat him. Convinced me at nine, ten eleven, I'm saying staying to get I don't want to be humiliated at eleven year old, coming just no. And he by that stage, by eleven, he's already been sort of ear marked as this guy could be the greatest basketball player of all time.
Speaker 3: He sponsored well, and I've got his book.
Speaker 1: At the moment, in his like seventh form year, he took out millions of dollars and loans because the banks were just like, oh yeah, this guy's good for it, Like next year he's going to be able to repay. And he was driving around in a hummer. He's driving himself to school in a hummer. So by the time, by the time le Bron's got a hummer, I'm definitely cooked. But I think basically once he can tie his own shows that it'll be I'll be there are thereabouts. On our flight down yesterday, we were we were surrounded by greatness. There was some obviously we're flying two wellings and from Auckland, a couple of dear friends of the podcast, Artie Savie and dog Roll, your captain and vice captain of the All Backs.
Speaker 4: Well, I know I'm on a flight. Artie save is not even vice captain Jordyrett. Jordi Barrett.
Speaker 3: I thought they both were.
Speaker 1: And Ardie, Yeah, I think they're both. So that's why they were flowing up there. I was standing behind him boarding flight. Big bastard. You forget how big these guys are.
Speaker 4: He's not that tall, Ardie Savia. He's a lot of human.
Speaker 3: He's about my heart a bit. He's a lot of human.
Speaker 4: Dog Roll, dog Roll not as tall as I thought, not a Brady metallic size, but still a big unit.
Speaker 1: It'd be six foot six dog Yeah. And poor dog Roll and Artie. Because the line to get through security was just so enormous that they were getting wounded the whole way through that.
Speaker 4: We had the kettle We had the kettle yards. How you go up and down back and basically they're getting wounded by boomers the whole time.
Speaker 1: Well, and the most awkward part is that they yeah, they asked for a photo at the start, and then you've got to walk back past them. Five or six more times and like wound them again. Here's gonna get against Engling. Blah blah blah blah blah. The poor dudes. We're getting on the flight and uh Artie got a phone call as he's getting onto the plane and he goes, I'm just about to jump on a plane.
Speaker 3: Can I call you back in a couple of hours, And then the.
Speaker 1: Bit of signs and he's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, well I'll call you back in a couple of hours or something, and then he got us to hang up, and I saw over his shoulder raisor the name on the phone. What could Razor be calling Ardie Savier about.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's just saying, look, you're really the captain, but I could give it to you so just because you've been overseas. Yeah yeah, but really dog gets to.
Speaker 1: He's going to put his sprigs into someone's forehead and then it'll be by accident's dog rolls.
Speaker 4: Sitting off has always been am I the clearing a ruck or just tackling someone, Yeah, it's delicious.
Speaker 1: But he just no, it's it's he's six foot six and he's trying to tackle you around the shoulders and you've slipped over and he's taken your absolute head off. I think that has ever been. There wouldn't have been another brother captain and vice captain beforeward.
Speaker 4: There no the Wittonds. I know that Gary, you kept it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure someone will record a voicemail and said it and for us to play out tomorrow. So we were do that as it stands right now live update, but not live to you listening to this sixty seven minutes go on England if not scored, nor have Slovenia. But we will have to get on a football expert to talk the round ball down the track. But for today, enjoy your your seeing the dB conference. This is a big gig for you, huge gig, huge gig.
Speaker 3: Other nerves this morning.
Speaker 4: Haven't done a lot of preparation.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Last night my goal was just to find a couple of strawmen and I could pick on.
Speaker 3: Yes, we found them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Oli Oli the colarbone man, and Riley, Riley the youngster who was running three phones while he was snapchatting. And yeah, multiple women.
Speaker 1: Not to put a random woman on blast, but he met a woman at I think Marty Gras and she had her Snapchat QR.
Speaker 3: Code printed out my round a nick.
Speaker 1: On a lanyard around her neck so that anybody that wanted to get hold of her could just take a photo, you know, at the old QR code and then follow her on snapshat.
Speaker 4: What you flip it around? So if she's keen, she would go, hey, following me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's the confidence, is self belief to show up with that look. So many people are going to want to follow me on social media. So many people are going to want to get in touch.
Speaker 4: Real hustle. Isn't it like to bring bring your followers up? Yeah, real hustle. It's like, does like doing the door.
Speaker 1: Let me get in front of this. Sorry, I can see it in your eye. You're going to want to follow me, So just check this out. God bliss them. So yeah, a lot of a lot of pressure coming from from the dB people because I was talking to a few of them last night and they've all been like, geez, I'm really excited to see what Lane's got for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Because I got told you just have to see in and out, just yeah, in and out, and she knows people I'm like, and then people like, oh, whatterially you got.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I stand up, no, no, And then rumors were swirling last night at the bar, being like, look, they're here and for a reason, they've got something browing we can tell. I was just like, I guarantee you if you know anything about the acc we have fucking nothing, nothing prepared, nothing planning. It just took us six goes to turn on this podcast record it hit so assure you wet nothing up our sleeves.
Speaker 4: Any reason we're here. We had flights they had We're supposed to go to Hawk's Bay commentate a big barrel cricket match, and they transferred from the Relectant and then shoehorned us into the conference.
Speaker 1: We're here for a clerical error, not because we've put some sort of got something plan. Yeah, we got something like we've got some staring musical yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big song and nuts. Rest assured.
Speaker 1: I told every single one of them our lane's got some big plans for tomorrow. So so good luck. I'm saying that I'll be down the back sampling the product, will be going for a few trade visits later on this afternoon as well. I enjoy the rest of your day wherever you are listening to this. We'll be back tomorrow with another episode of the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Age She Sees, a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio off you get your podcast