Speaker 1: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 2: It's a great pleasure to welcome into the show for I believe the first time ever. It is Sony Live and studio.
Speaker 3: You know Isha, you know Matte, Yeah, going good guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: It's a story you picked up a bit of a cough mate, bit of bloody monkey pock's going on around.
Speaker 5: Well, what a morning to have a bit of a tickle in your throat because you've been put through what we call the n Z ed me car wash, where you just get kind of wheeled around at different stations and interviewed. I guess yes, but you're here with some news before we talk a bit of cricket. No, well, not that you're pregnant, No, twins. Tickets are on sale for the summer. We've we've had the schedule got announced a month or so ago, but tickets are going to be on sale today and exclusively too for people who sign up for the what was it called nation Cricket Nation a nation, So they're going to be exclusive pre sale period and I'm picking that they're going to be hot property, particularly that English series going up in November December. So yeah, thanks for coming in. Yeah, no, she's heard me. No, no worries. Now we found out that you're a bit of a birdman. I am a birdman. You're a huge bird fan, A very big fan of birds.
Speaker 2: Yeah why, sorry to ask it that way, but what is it about birds?
Speaker 3: I believe in evolution and I think they're just little dinosaurs with wings.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, they definitely are. We said David Yuka in here last week and we were talking about what's the biggest animal you could beat in a fight?
Speaker 4: And he said that because he's living over in Australia. Now, He's like, there's these things called cassiwaries. They live in the bush. He's like, there's no way you could beat a cassowary. And I am firmly of the belief that there is not a bird on this earth that could beat me in a one on one fight.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see you go one on one with an Ostrich bro he.
Speaker 5: Reckons he could take it.
Speaker 4: This is a castilary I could take yeah, Ostro don't know. Yeah, any bird, but Ostrich is the one that gives me the shit. It's a fight to the death.
Speaker 5: Too. You're at it. It's a death cage fight situation. I'd be pretty scary though, the beaks coming out of your eyes.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, the beaks are scary.
Speaker 4: And again we've talked about this at length, at this, at nauseum, at this on this podcast.
Speaker 2: I know I'll get scratched up, but I think I could just about get it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: All we gonna do is get hold of the head, run.
Speaker 5: Circles around you though.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure the ostrich is like the fastest two legged animal in the world.
Speaker 5: Oh that is, but it's but it's in an octagon. So unless it just runs around around the octagon and eventually you could just grab its take out its head, and then you've got to take the legs, it's going to be a I mean, it won't be pretty.
Speaker 2: In my defense, as you haven't seen me run and I might be raping myself.
Speaker 5: Tickets for that going on sale. I'm buying joint acc Nation to get your expos fre sale of those tickets. But how far is your so your bird watcher? Is that what you get to do or twitcher? I was a bird watcher when I was twenty four. Brother.
Speaker 6: I used to go I used to go to like the local guards and like take a little set of binoculars and I'd be like twenty four and there'd be eighty year olds around me.
Speaker 5: I was like, brol, it's a bit too early for this. You've got time. Yeah, So I'll pull back and I'll revisit it, probably in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: And so do you take awa like book with you and mark down what birds you see or how does it work?
Speaker 3: No, I'm still pretty novice, but I've sort of been hunting, like not hunting.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't hunt cado, but I hunt photos of so really delicious and well, no, that's political.
Speaker 5: Have you have you? There's some there's some cando out on Ragatoto. If you go out there who are like they're quite tame and they're on the on the track and you just about knock your head on them, and they're just there and they're just sit in the tree and they don't even move when you go past. The gluttons are one of the one of the great birds. So do you partake in Bird of the Year every year? Got a bit of controversy last year with a bit of American involvement. What Was it the hoy haul last year? No, this year was the hoy the yellowined penguin twenty four, but twenty three was picked up by John Oliver. Is it the Particki, the crazy Australian one with the thing? Anyway, it won by about four hundred thousand votes because all these Americans started voting. I thought Particki was was flounder. That'd be unusual for the bird of the Yet, look I've probably totally mispronounced ituts that name, but it was an Australian one with a crazy head. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was upset enough when I heard that it was an Australian bird. Now I'm hearing it's a flounder.
Speaker 2: The bood of the year has.
Speaker 5: Been through a bat because remember that fucking bat one one year. Yes, it's like a bird, it's a mammal, Like, that's bullshit, it's got wings. And now Australian birds one. And then there was Russian involvement, there were bots, There was all sorts of shit. And then and you saw Scotty J. Stevenson out there about the black the black built seagull.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the blackbilt goal.
Speaker 6: It's an endangered bird and is actually a fresh water bird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is effect for you. Yeah, and who knew that any seagull was endangered? Yes? Right, because you just see those ben chickens at the dark beach and you just presume they're just everywhere.
Speaker 2: But so it's a freshwater bird. Is it wrong to call it a sea gull then? Because it's actually it's not, is it?
Speaker 5: Well, it's not.
Speaker 6: It's called a black build gull, right, but we we just assume they're seagulls when we see them outain the belt. So yeah, Scotty, Scotty Stevenson actually corrected me once and I was I was like, there's seagulls and he was like, no.
Speaker 4: BROI it doesn't go anywhere near the sea.
Speaker 5: The cricket to us sounds really rock and roll where you like, you're Scotty just talking birds, just correcting each other direct but it's good fun.
Speaker 4: Would would you take the binoculars with you on tour back in the day and have a look to see what birds you can see overseas?
Speaker 6: Mate, I've got a bit of regret because like we're in Zimbabwe and a couple of safaris once and then with some wild parrots and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to see them.
Speaker 2: Up close to my binocular Yeah you didn't take them.
Speaker 6: Well, I was only twenty two, like my bird watching phases about twenty four. So oh, hopefully there's another tour there coming up. I will be taking like a big seat of binoculars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The team are in Sri Lanka at the moment, and the national bird is a jungle chicken. Yeah, it's a jungle fowl, it's called and it's a wild thing, you know. It's a wild chicken with like crazy feathers. And I went to a national park there and the guy was like, there's our national bird. It's a jungle fowl. That's a jungle chicken. And that calls that it came running out with all its feathers up in its head.
Speaker 2: To be fair, ours is pretty much a jungle chicken as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a slightless, flightless bird that lays massive eggs.
Speaker 2: I don't think we should be taking big those eggs.
Speaker 5: Well, the Kiwi eggs, it's like one third of the size of the Kiwi yes per like it's the biggest egg per size of bird on Earth.
Speaker 4: And that's the issue with farming them, because I've said for the longest time that we should farm kiwi so that we so they don't go extinct, because you know, chickens are never going to go extinct because we're farming them.
Speaker 2: Same with sheep cows, that kind of thing. But it's just a gestation period issue. You know, they're looking after the egg for too long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's only one egg.
Speaker 2: And it's one egg, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course the size you can't blast out too.
Speaker 2: Ess. No, I wouldn't have thought so. And that's why you know chickens they can blast one out almost every day, you know, a well feed chicken.
Speaker 5: So like the village bike of birds, they aren't know the chicken. Everyone's having to go. That's why they're blasting out all the eggs.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's not how the e This is not how I expected this podcast together. Eggs work at all.
Speaker 4: We're coming up to obviously, summer is you know the season of cricket you'll be playing.
Speaker 2: You do it for a job. But do you get roped into backyard battles over Christmas? In New Years? You must have a target on your back whenever you go home for Christmas all the.
Speaker 5: Time, all the time.
Speaker 6: Like pans own, you know how many beers you've had at the time. But it gets pretty competitive, especially with like people people that are your age, like your mates come out.
Speaker 5: It's pretty competitive. So yeah, there's definitely and so do you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we all do this in back cricket. You come out and just toss up a couple of pies to sort of get a read on the batsman, and.
Speaker 3: Then your auntie nails you for a boundary or something like.
Speaker 5: Boss bro. Now she put one to you in trouble. I think you just retire back to the barbecue after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all my bird watching binoculars. Oh yeah, yeah, I suppose to go hand in hand on the crocket and bird watching.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a lot of time. There's a lot of dwell time. And I've always said this about cricket. I played a lot of cricket. It's a very strange game played by very strange people. It's a unique that's a unique characters come out of cricket. And you know, the great Bill Laurie was a great you know, pigeon fanc here, you know, and spent a lot of time just watching pigeons. And that's potentially something you could do on the balcony there, because if you know you've got putting your time on your hands, just get the binoculars out, saying that if the coverage cut to each SODI on the balcony with some binoculars look pretty dodgy. Yeah, I thinking of a different type of bird watching. I'd like, yeah, I'll be like, what's he up to? And then your defense would me, I'm a I'm a twitter, I'm a bird watcher. Whatever. Whatever. It was an albatross in the corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other thing that I know about most professional cricketers is that they are actually probably it's probably better to describe them as professional golfers who every now and then play cricket.
Speaker 2: Are you're a big golfer?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not really.
Speaker 5: I've never been a big golf race.
Speaker 6: So I think looking back, I probably should have played a bit more golf because like, everyone plays golf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, and you always ask like, oh, what's your hobbies?
Speaker 3: Everyone will say golf, But I'm kind of like watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's abstract. So when all the team we're out playing golf, because it must be a big chunk of the team who just play golf, you just watch a few birds.
Speaker 6: Now, like, but there's always like a contingent of people that will stay back at the hotel and stuff and one things to do, play a lot of table tennis.
Speaker 2: On to it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, who's I heard? Mitchell Satin is pretty handy mate.
Speaker 3: Any game, any game that you put in front of them, Mitchell Satin is going to be number one.
Speaker 5: He's that kind of guy. He's that kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Just frustrated mate, you know, you know he's a gun data and.
Speaker 5: I really want to die him.
Speaker 6: Like he's awesome and you do anything. Mat put his mind to it, and he's pretty frustrating to watch them run it straight. Okay, surprisingly strong really, it's so like long and like you know he's got he's got that sinewy strength.
Speaker 5: Has he got sew strength like you see a real skinny dude. And the tackle as well because it hurts left TV weights you know.
Speaker 4: Stuff is really wouldn't have picked that. Outside of those what do you get up to when you're away on tour? Are you a gamer?
Speaker 2: Do you take a console with you or side of the bird watching and training? What do you get into it?
Speaker 6: Got a bit of an old solo like I actually didn't win to a Gaming convention the other day and like trying to play Fortnite. Yeah, yeah, no idea, what was going on? Like definitely like not really up to speed with that sort of thing. So used to play Nintendo Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Heathog, Yeah, street Fighter at the Fist and chip Shop, Yes, yeah, a toy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I play a little bit of a Fortnite. But I just got lit up by seven year olds and you know they can they can talk to you and stuff. Well, it was the most humiliating. The seven year and was my son in all his mates and just lighting you up every five seconds. It just sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can't get out. I'm out of you building a castle around him there humping you did carcass, They're all darting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's humiliating. That's an absolute killer. Anyway, I feel like you're going to lose your voice. But before you do, we need to get through lanes Infamous twenty two and two. Yeah, we asked these of every guest there.
Speaker 5: They're a quick fire twenty two questions and two minutes you just answer and move on. We've asked the like col Mills. We put col Mills through this. He did struggle at times. Tim South He's been put through it, as has Cain Williamson, Liam Lawson, he put through it as well. David Nuka he was recently okay, so it's very quick fire. So it's just no kind of answers. Coffee or tea, coffee, sex or drugs, sex, hard or fast fast? Would you rather wake up nude next to Hamish or James Marshall?
Speaker 3: I have worken up new DICKX to James Marshall answer, Would.
Speaker 5: You rather spend an hour watching David Warner replays of him scoring one hundred? Or get water boarded by an ex Navy seal with PTSD Second option tye or Indian? Indian? Eat out or dine in? Eat out? Freddy Mercury or Elton John Freddy Mercury, wet or dry wet? Cats or dogs cats? Travis Kelcey or Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Grant, Elliott Heath Davis and Matthew Sinclair. Who's got the biggest downstairs? Here? You haveln reckon? What cricket legend would you bring back from the dead, Sir Donald Bradman? If that ceremony to bring back Donald Bradman resulted in you talking like Kevin Peterson for the rest of your life. Would you still do it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, probably would Have you ever fighted a gun?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Have you ever killed anything bigger than an insect?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Who's the most famous person you've met?
Speaker 3: The most famous person I've meet is David Bickham.
Speaker 2: Oh it's hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 5: Laura mcgoldritt was saying that, Yeah, she was. Yeah anyway, yes, because she interviewed she had ten dollcer on one side and Beckham on the other, and she said that was one of the greatest moments you'll ever have in your life. Totally anyway.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you had a reoccurring nightmare that a snowman killed himself with a hair dryer, would you be concerned?
Speaker 2: I would be severely concerned.
Speaker 5: If you're offered a knighthood, would you accept it? I would have done something pretty special. But yeah, at what age do people say they've had a fall instead of falling down? Sixty three? Nice? Have you ever screamed at someone Google me, motherfucker?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 5: No. If you were going to get a statue made of yourself, where where would it be? Where would you put it? And what would what pose would it be be?
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe like at the Native gardens and Hagley Oval will mean like a like an Eagle Richard scenario with a pair of binoculars around my neck and maybe a cricket ball in both my hands slightly bent rest like I'm about to bowl double leggies.
Speaker 2: In a bush that you're really going to look like.
Speaker 5: I'm still here, but I'm coming for you. I must have been. That's one of the best answers we've had to that question. Tim Southeast was he'd be rearing up on a stallion fully nude and you put it on the front of Dan Vatori's house. Hey, thanks for coming in each tickets on sale today, just join up to Cricket Nation to get your hands exclusively on that pre sale. Get in there quick because particularly that first series against England is going to go and then we've got Bangladesh and then Pakistan throughout the rest of the summer. So get on there and grab your tickets and than very much and good luck for the summer. Hope to catch up with you then. Cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks boys to Aspert.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for whom you catch a podcast