Speaker 1: Life in the Export Beer Garden studio and brought to you is always by Export Ultra that beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the ninth of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Ultra.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Julane, how are you morning?
Speaker 1: Good story.
Speaker 3: Great weekend, wasn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's well for us? Yeah? No commentaries. We're entering into this sort of weird period for the ACC where we don't have like commentaries week in weekend. Last year it was only November that didn't have commentaries. But this year the Warriors didn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We've got two Bladerslow games coming up though, yes, this month, so we are covering the bledders Low.
Speaker 3: We didn't come with the Sampkin series. I'm just purely out of the fact that it's too early in the morning.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous o'clock. And we will get to the South African game, whether we hit the panic button or not, very shortly before we do, though, I just want to address some of the crimes that are happening in the gates over there. I want to use the bathrooms that are next to Radio Hidarchy, and they are as bad as you would expect the bathrooms next to Hidarky to be, because it's technically I don't know if I want to broadcast this public. It's a public toilet, and so you will get bus drivers, office workers, a lot of careers, careers. And so I went in and the bases were loaded. There were there are four stalls, and three out of the four were just just cranking, and the fourth one, at the fourth one, the water level had reached the rim of the toilet. The disabled one, sorry, this is gate one. I was counting, counting backwards now the disabled one had been disabled. The other two there were two dudes just getting into their work. And I only just found out that there's guys we live in it. We live, we work in a four story building. You guys come down from up in the fourth and third and second floors to take lumps in the ground floor.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some other stuff that goes on in those toilets as well, which we which we know about. There is because it's a known kind of cottaging, yes, situation, hookup situation, the disabled.
Speaker 3: Toilets in there.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously we live in a triangle between Les Mills is Spark, two Degrees, Lion Nathan, a couple of agencies and of course en Zed Me White Company, and quite a few lawyers.
Speaker 1: TV and Z, although a lot less people worked there than did a year ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there I have hit it from a good source, i e. Someone who's in the scene that there is a place.
Speaker 3: For dudes to hook up. Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, I actually remember the first time I became aware of this where I thought I saw someone getting changed for the gym after work and I realized there was about six thirty on a Friday night and I saw two different pairs of shoes in there. I was like, guys getting changed with the gym. Then one of the in our office was like he checked his app and he could see that there were two dudes that he knew they were like right there and the toilet cubicle there. So I was, oh, ship, Yeah, I was going to say, if you're going to if you're going to find a spot to do that, there's no worse spot than that set of toilets out there.
Speaker 4: The only issue is the kind of you know, obviously there's some romance going on and the disabled toilets. I had to light the flame when someone's emptying there. Yeah, insides and right next to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 1: There was a urinal in there by the way, we will talking about sports at some point in this podcast. There was a urinal in there that was clogged for over a year with just this golden layer of wheeze sitting on top of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's just some good admin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If this is your first time listening to the podcast, Welcome, Welcome. I'd like to say that we don't always talk about toilets and person weez, but I'd be lying. Sometimes we do talk about the Greatest New Zealander of all time. And over the weekend, we let you. We let it cook, we let it simmer like a clogged urinal, we let it sit there all weekend, and you had your say, over three thousand votes across social media for the Greatest New Zealander of all Time. Before we get into that, I want to take a quick look back at some of the matchups that we had, some of the awards, some of the things that happened. We had tens of thousands of votes across the course of this campaign, and you know, like we said at the start. It was the most a sec thing of all time. The Olympics were going on, we didn't need the content, but anyway, we decided to stick a branch through our front spokes and crash our own bike. Anyway, some of my favorite matchups, some awards I'd like to give out the what even is this Award for the weirdest matchup that we had across the whole thing, and it was Richie versus Harold. It was one of the more bizarre awards that you will ever see.
Speaker 4: Harold the Giraffe, Harald the Giraffe, and the Life is the Life Trust Life Trusts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very difficult to compare very apples and those two. But it wasn't the biggest hiding, and Richie actually wasn't even involved in the biggest hiding. So the Jack the Muss Award for the biggest hiding dished out during the Greatest New Zealander of all Time debate was Dave Dobbin ninety one to nine on John Tugert, WHOA. I did not see that coming. And I saw John Tugot the day after the result, the result, and he talked to me, but he didn't it didn't talk for too long, and yeah, you think the long hair has lost it for I think if he shaved his head, do you think he might have?
Speaker 3: I think just sure back in sights it was his best look.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, so yeah that was the Jake, the Muss Award for the biggest hiding Dave Dobbin. There should have been the final award for the closest margin and an every matchup that we put out there, people said, this should have been the final, This should have been the final, This should have been the final. Was Richie v d fifty four percent in favor of Sir Edmund Hillary. Richie mccaugh I thought was going to take this whole thing out, but in the end he didn't. So the Grand Final that was baking across the weekend, Sir Edmund Hillary versus Sir Charles Upham over three thousand votes, well over three thousand votes across social media.
Speaker 3: Is Charlie Upham? Is he knighted?
Speaker 1: Is he no? I'm going to note him on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, good?
Speaker 1: If he's not, he should be over three thousand votes across social media for you all win it. Sixty two to thirty eight. The greatest New Zealander of all time.
Speaker 3: Telly, Ah, here we go, I got it.
Speaker 1: Congratulate Hillary.
Speaker 4: I knew I knocked it early. I knew he was a people's champion. So what I was saying, I think Charles Upham, God bless him. You know what was the Victoria Cross with the bar biffing grenades at German's art.
Speaker 3: Read the book. He's an absolute hero.
Speaker 1: I think, the only man to win two Victoria Crosses in battle. I think. I think there's been a couple of mitics and things that.
Speaker 3: Have done too.
Speaker 4: But I think potentially I think people could relate a bit more to the beekeeper. Yeah, Sir Edmond Hillary good news though, also as we don't have to now put together a campaign to rebrand the twenty dollar note.
Speaker 3: That's because he's already on the five.
Speaker 1: It's already on the five. Some say that he should also be on the twenty as well.
Speaker 3: Come on the twenty. Maybe we should release a twenty five dollar note with his face on.
Speaker 1: It, just a limited edition see twenty five dollar counterfeit banknote.
Speaker 3: It's actually did you know?
Speaker 4: It is actually illegal to photocopy or print off any picture of a note or anything. Oh really like, even if it's just a total fake, Like and you've got your face on it and it's on a twenty dollar note.
Speaker 1: That's illegal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can get done for it.
Speaker 1: I remember people saying back in the day that it was illegal to like cut the queen's head in half if you cut a banknote in half. I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 3: I think you can't.
Speaker 4: I think you can't willfully damage currency or something like that.
Speaker 1: You're technically don't know it. I would say though, that in Sir Edmund Hillary's favorite is that his marketing was so much bigger than Sir Charles Upham, and I am noting him because you see it all the time on the five dollar note. Yeah, we talk about him all the time, you know. I don't think Charlie opams exploits are taught in schools, no where theds are.
Speaker 4: I don't think they could, to be honest, they could talk about his Victoria cross, but I can't actually talk about how he got them. Yeah, what did he doped them? Just doing some wild shit? Yeah, yeah, wild stuff.
Speaker 1: I saw a couple of comments on social media saying that there was a character based on him in Saving Private Ryan. I don't recall that but I'd need to look into it.
Speaker 3: And people took your advice. Over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I had a little glance at the comments and you said, you know, get on there, they're both passed. You can't be done for deformation. Get stuck into the opposition. And there was some real pointed shit going on in there, you know, start talking about stuff like, you know, Chiles up and didn't get a shuper to carry his grenades, blah blah blah, carry on.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, this is good, this is good.
Speaker 4: But it didn't work because because Siri, he is the greatest New Zealander as voted by you, he is one of the greats, or he is the greatest.
Speaker 1: You're right there, they were saying. There was someone saying, you know, there's been a lot of people who have climbed Everest since then, and you know, if you're a rich tourist, you can actually pay someone to go up there. You and I could probably do it.
Speaker 4: But it goes beyond that though, because he he gave a lot back to the to the Nepolice. He's always schools named after It's right.
Speaker 1: And you and I could do that too. But you and I could not jump into a pearl box and r and he saw the bunch of kill a bunch of gyms.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I mean, who knows if we're going. If we were thrown into those circumstances, we'll never know. Really, we're the lucky generation where we were just a fat ass and watch sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell people that we would have been able to do it if we.
Speaker 3: Put in got a bad arm. I reckon I could biff a few.
Speaker 4: Whether I would swim myself and be shaking in fear on the ground before I do that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I would. I think I would. I think I know myself well enough to know that I'd completely freeze up. I remember one day I went up onto the roof of my father's house to fix the air con unit that was up there, and he needed the ladder for something else. He took the latter away. It was like, can you bring the leadder back? I can't get off the thing, and he goes, just jump. It's way too high. So he left me up on the roof and the Kolgouley baking son about a forty two degree day, and he came back out about an hour later. I was still on the roof, and he was just like, the fuck you do it? It's too hard to jump. He said, you wouldn't have lasted a day in the army.
Speaker 3: Why didn't he just put the ladder back up?
Speaker 1: Because he wanted to teach me to listen that I wouldn't lasted a day in the army. So long short of all of that is, I know how I would react, and I would not be able to throw those grenades into those pill boxes. So for me, it's still Charles up. But it's not up to me. It was up to you at home, and you decided that it is, Sir Edmund. So that's the end of the greatest New Zealander of all time? And next I reckon we do John O v Ben, Matt v Jerry.
Speaker 3: Or do we do the shit this New Zealander of all that would be so grim?
Speaker 1: I think we doctor up a graphic and put it up on social But yeah.
Speaker 3: Because there are some pretty grim New Zealanders, some.
Speaker 1: Pretty shit New Zealanders, it would be the shittest New Zealander of all time.
Speaker 3: There's some pretty good ones.
Speaker 1: I don't want to slander anyone. All right, let's take a quick break and let's come back and digest that all black scape, All right, lane?
Speaker 3: Do we have to?
Speaker 1: I think we have to. I think we have to. How do you feel about it? After having watched both of those games? Do we hit the panic button? Is it time for New Zealand to just freak the fuck out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Because that's our best team, that's our best team, this is our best coach. We're just not good enough. And I think rugby fans in New Zealand who typically are pissed off if we don't win, and pissed off if we don't win by heaps, and if we win by heaps.
Speaker 3: That's a dead rubber and what would we bother?
Speaker 4: So I think we need to learn to be better fans and understand the fact that we are rebuilding. We're not the best team in the world. We're underdogs and that's when we need to get in behind them the most. And so fuck well, you know we're building to the World Cup. There's no team in the world where their fans expect them to be the world's.
Speaker 3: Best week and week out, every single time, every single time. It's just us.
Speaker 4: Like you look at any ANYFL team or NBA team, or any football team. You know they there's none expect expectations that they should be the best in the world every year. Yeah, they expect them to be good. But if they lose, the panic they just get them behind them.
Speaker 3: I think it's good.
Speaker 4: I think it's healthy for us to be going through a rebuild stage. People will start, you know, wanting, wanting McKinsey's head on a spike because he missed two kicks. Someone raises his head on a spike. They get over it, man, Like you mentioned in the office, this is if we want to lose a few, what are you to do it?
Speaker 3: We've got another three years to the World Cup. Oh yeah, this is the best time to have this, as I just thought.
Speaker 1: I just think it's funny that we absolutely shiit the bid whenever we lose, and we're just like we need We shouldn't have sacked Fozzy blah blah blah. This should change, that should change. We need to seck this dude. We didn't lose by much.
Speaker 4: They're a bit of team, not like Australia. Jesus touch on that one hock you now. But I think it's healthy for us. I think it sucks we lost, obviously because I was I was backing us to actually bounce back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so was I I went on several radio stations and said that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I also he put him my money on as well. Him not scoring a try also cost me a lot of money. I had terrible week in on the punt, terrible week in. I'm not panicking. I think Yeah, like I said, I think it's healthy. I hope that the players don't, especially those young players. It doesn't affect him, the Cortes and the side.
Speaker 3: Teddies of the world. Yeah, Teddy had a great game.
Speaker 1: Side Teddy had a tremendous game.
Speaker 3: Great game and a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I even saw more articles this morning saying had a great game at six and like I was trying to explain on Friday, I don't know if it did a great job of it. We had three blindside flankers out there. Scott Barrett has played six for the All Blacks. He's the same. Yeah, it wasn't like it was all on him and he needed to do you know, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I prefer him at eight, but know him at eight as well. I prefer him when he's got the ball on hand, off the back of the scrum and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: He's devastating in that first game. You know, he was outstanding, great ball runner. He I think, yeah, he's probably eight. I think our loose Ford trio should be him at eight, Audiot seven six, I don't know, and then probably Sam Kane to be fair to him, unless eat them black at his back and fit again. I do think that the spring Box are just the best team in the world, and not just the best, like they grind out wins, but they're also the most entertaining. They're the coolest team in the world because obviously they've got the bomb squad where they bring in an entirely like a world class forward pack to replace a world class forward pack. They've got sick players across the park. That ox and cheer guy looks like you had a PlayStation game and you were like, what if I squashed him down, made them wide and then that was my front rower.
Speaker 4: As it just I mean in that first game we had a heavier pack than them, Yes, but they somehow look enormous.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Bongey and Banambi, he.
Speaker 3: Looks they look all of them look enormous.
Speaker 4: Just for vis is that the black that slums us and makes us look at it small because we're not we're not shrinking going violets either.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, it's to mighty Williams is skewing the stats. Ok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's.
Speaker 1: Heavier than their front robot himself. And then there's there's the rest of us cheerslin Cobby is sick every game. I reckon, he's probably the best player in the world at the moment. He has been for a while, but he's been sort of in and out of the team. I just throwing into the line out so that they can have eight dudes in the line out, Like, that's sick. That kind of stuff, that's crazy, that's craziness. Say that is, and then we have to do stuff like bring some of our better players off the bench to try and match that.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean that I mentioned that last week.
Speaker 4: I thought it's an odd decision to put your hands up and say.
Speaker 1: We're going to do what they're doing, yeah, to beat them.
Speaker 3: So do you think Razzie's out crazying ow craziest.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? Yes, absolutely. Did you see the postmatch press conference and he's talking about how he had to go out of the coach's box to try and find the nearest bathroom, but the nearest bathroom was miles away. He had to walk through the stands to get to the nearest men's bathroom, but there was a woman's bathroom right next to the coach's box, so he had to walk in there and look, I'm really sorry, but I have to go to the toilet. And this girl said, oh, yeah, that's fine. She was washing her hand. She went and stood in the corner of the room and looked the way. Well, he went to the toilet, which also like, do they have doors?
Speaker 3: How was that brought up in the press conference.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You have a look at it. No one asked, No one asked. He's like, this probably isn't the platform for his story. But and then he told this story circle is He's sitting next to him, like, what the fuck what are you talking about? Go and have a look at it on social media. It is hilarious. That's wild, And yes, you're right, he's nuts. He's insane and all of the things that we thought we liked about Razor was like, oh, he's crazy this and that. Yeah, he is as a person, but the way he coaches rugby isn't really like that. Yeah, Razzie is just all the way gone, you know, like he's up in the fucking box with flashing lights and cards and three hour rents on YouTube and you know, so he is. He's out crazying us on and off the field. They're trying shit as well, you know, like they were trying to score out of their own twenty two. Like I said, the throw cheers and Koby throwing into the lineout. I love that kind of shirt.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you allowed as many people in the line out as you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, like I keep saying, well, I don't know. Certainly in age grade South Canterbury Rugby, you were we used to have a thirteen men line out that would try.
Speaker 3: Does that mean that the other team has to match it as well? Yes, mesch number.
Speaker 1: Or isn't it like they're allowed up to that amount of players? But I mean, fuck, if you're facing a thirteen men line out and you only got six dudes in there, like, yeah, you're pretty fuck Also, it worked, It worked every time they've tried that. It's paid off. I don't think that there's any selection issues, you know, I don't know who.
Speaker 4: I can't think of anyone who's done by. I mean, yeah, you've got Sotutu potentially, but I think the loose FORWD.
Speaker 3: Trios had fired pretty well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean they'll be looking forward to Australia.
Speaker 3: We've got Australia away.
Speaker 4: In Sydney at a nine thirty night or whatever, and then they're back again in Wellington. They'll be looking forward to that because that result over the weekend and I just read about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it was Australia.
Speaker 4: And Argentina winning at halftime twenty points to six or something like this and then losing sixty odd to twenty five. Yeah, they put sixty points on them in the second half. Yeah, four tries in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 1: And you wouldn't say that like Argentina are famed for putting on big scores either.
Speaker 4: No, And I think I've mentioned it this morning on Hideckey Breakfast.
Speaker 3: The only thing we.
Speaker 4: Could justify it is Jimi Wells said they must have just got on the fucking man as a halftime and just forgot where they were or what they were doing. Because there is for a kind of world class team to ship the bed like that in the second half, and.
Speaker 1: It's Australia or a tear two nation now will need to we all need to just accept it. Yes, it reminds me, he said, going out into the sheds at halftime getting on the fucking miners. When I was at the freezing works one day, there was a guy at the end of the like convey about that we're all working on about six dudes, and his job was just to package up the lamb leagues at the end. And I looked down there after about fifteen minutes and he's just buried under a mountain of lamb leaks. Are you all right? And I went down and I was like, I'll give you a hand, and he goes yeah. To be completely honest with you, mate, I went and had a herd her in the car park at lunchtime and I'm pretty slow this afternoon. That's what must have happened to the Australians.
Speaker 3: I as a hell of a halftime. Yeah, I mean did they everyone's swap positions?
Speaker 1: What did Conzerpomi say to his team at halftime?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well get on Argentina. They took that out.
Speaker 4: But he's only be looking forward to But there's one of these games where they'll be looking forward to a bit of rest. Yeah, and Ossie will come out swinging and we will like win by just one point and then everyone will climb on again.
Speaker 1: I still think we're gonna obliterate them, Like I keep saying, I feel like Damien McKenzie is the minnow shredder. Like if we're playing against a minnow team, a guy like Damian McKenzie just tears those teams to bits. Yeah, I think he's gonna have a monster outing and we're gonna thresh. But unfortunately that's the that's the Rugby Championship done for us, unless Argentina dust South Africa twice, which I just can't see happening. And then they also got the Freedom cut, which I forgot even existed. The South African's got that back up to fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's disappointing.
Speaker 1: You guys probably need it more than us.
Speaker 3: You take it.
Speaker 1: And another rugby news across the weekend, the Tasman Marco won the ran Philly Shield. They went up there, they won the challenge. Did you see the photo of the coke on the ran Philly Shield this morning?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: It was great work from the markl The can of coke just sitting on the top of it saying yeah, no, it was good. I actually watched that game, sat down for my first proper bit of NPC action. They dominated Hawks Bay. They're a good team testman. Geez, they got good players. Yeah, they got William Villy first five and the Christie are half back. Yeah, very good team and they just didn't give Hawks Bay anything. They led from the start, they out muscled them.
Speaker 1: Came right down to it though, didn't it. Oh it was a kick to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they at halftime when I was I gave up about after about fifty minutes I saw my bet came in. I was like, yes, I left it, but good to see it go to the South Island.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is selfishly great for South Canterbury because they have been famously couldn't get up to Hawk's Bay to challenge for the Shield. The couldn't afford it. It's much easier to get up to Nelson.
Speaker 3: But but straight away they got a challenge this weekend.
Speaker 4: Who have they got I'm not sure question With that warning, I think someone did the stats and they said that every single team this season could win the Ramfley Shield except Southland. So if there's a series of wins happens, everyone will get the shield.
Speaker 3: Yeah except Southland.
Speaker 1: If only there was a dollar figure attached to it. I love first of all, so many people keep telling me how amazing the NPC has been this year. Like to watch all of those games that's been the premier competition. I reckon, we've been Super rugby. Just go with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But also I agree, I thought I thought the quality was good because you know, you talked about the discrepancy.
Speaker 3: You love watching it for the discrepancies.
Speaker 4: That's Heartland. That's Heartland and NPC. They were all super rugby players and all blacks playing as well. I mean Rinton was they're playing for Hawks Bay. The hooker for the Chiefs was playing for the Hawks Bay. There were some bloody good players playing.
Speaker 1: And also you feel more affinity for your region and the NPC than you do in Super Rugby. Like I know, I like to crap on about the Crusaders, but it's only because I like wanting people up and you know, having a team to root for in Super Rugby. But christ here is just three hours away from where I grew up. I don't particularly give a shit about, you know, the Crusaders. But people let you onto their team.
Speaker 4: Big challenge this week in Wellington chairsman, it were going good. Yeah, so that's another kind of top of the table class Yeah, shield Chid and then looking at that, if if Wellington take it, then they play Bay of Plenty at home. Oh wow, so they get a challenge straight away as well. And then if they have Plenty win it, then Northland get a crack Oh my god the next week and if Northland won it, then a Targo get another get a crack Jesus.
Speaker 3: And Targo won it, then Wake get a a ahoun.
Speaker 1: So the Shield coming to a school near you do not let your children near it. Also just great to see how much the Shield still means to people. You know, so many people talk about how we're all rugbied out in that, but the Shield changing hands, you know, everyone went nuts.
Speaker 4: It's the best thing about it. The best thing that happened to the Shield was the reason that got snorted off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last season really brought it back to the fourth one.
Speaker 1: And just finally before we take one more quick break, the black Caps are in action. The staff the noon I think four pm.
Speaker 3: And shooty on sky Sport.
Speaker 4: The biggest game of the Yawning Yeah, it is the black Caps playing their first ever full Test match versus Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 3: India?
Speaker 4: Oka been played in India and I think Afghanistan are playing paying sevens for that Test.
Speaker 3: And I mean, look, who knows.
Speaker 4: What the conditions are like anything to anything Indian, it's going to be turning.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a difficult challenge for New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Yes, people have been asking whether we're going to commentate it or not.
Speaker 3: No, we've made a stand.
Speaker 1: We have in unity with women worldwide across the globe and as a stance against the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. The a SEC will not be commentating this game. And a lot of people are saying, oh, it's just because you guys can't be fun. No, that's not what it is. No, we're taking a stance against the attle bit of that and also that we couldn't find anyone to commentate it. But mainly, I haven't got the rights and we haven't got the rights. Apart from that, and even if we did, we couldn't be fuck Staying up till eleven o'clock every night this week.
Speaker 3: To watch it is pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Talked about it a lot the Taliban announced the other week that women couldn't leave the house US like women aren't being educated like that says.
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're not allowed to go to university now. But also if you're a woman, you're not allowed to go and see a male doctor. So in a generation's time, they're not going to have any female doctors and women will not be allowed to go to the male doctors. And that's why I'm not commentating the crowd.
Speaker 4: I also just noticed that they disbanded the Afghanistan women's team in not twenty twenty one when Taliban took over, right, but everyone seems to be gone not really paying any notice attention to.
Speaker 1: That as because they were mean at the Sweet Teach twenty World Cup. They got that real cool spinboller. So anyway, yeah, yeah, we're taking a political stance. And also we can't be fucked. It's a long whats there?
Speaker 3: What a team does that? No?
Speaker 4: But good and good news. We will be covering the summer of cricket. You coming up England, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. That that English series, those three test matches. We'll be covering that live with free on iHeartRadio. So we're not we haven't given up the ghost completely.
Speaker 1: We've just all right, one more quick break. We'll come back with yours please, yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought you by Leader Home of the List.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of gets through this morning lane. First one goes like, let's call it yours.
Speaker 3: Please get that was just catching up with the sports podcast. Thought i'll give you a sport related story.
Speaker 4: So I was trying hafling ways.
Speaker 1: Co worker and we see a pothole.
Speaker 3: That pophole was filled with dark and a little darkly.
Speaker 1: And safe to say not all of them made it out, and we spent the next couple of hours not talking at all, and still.
Speaker 3: My coworker brokesast.
Speaker 1: The first half there. I think it was me and Heath talking about accidentally hitting animals where you were you're driving and just how horrific that can be.
Speaker 4: It's that thud, it's that, it's the thud, it's the flesh thud on metals.
Speaker 3: That is the thing that haunts you.
Speaker 1: And also I was like, what do you can do? You can't swerve, I said. I told him about the time I allegedly reportedly had a deer or drink driving through a forest in England. How dearfy that that.
Speaker 3: Is a terrible sentence you should never repeat.
Speaker 1: Well, it didn't happen, but it may have. Its also the time my mother had a duck that was flying across the road and then its head was sticking out of the radiator when we popped the hood. There's another time we were driving and I looked across at my mother and she's prone to getting frights, and there was a praying mantis directly above her head on the ceiling of the car. And I was like, hey, mum, can you pull over. She's like, oh, for God's sake why. I was like, I can't tell you why, but can you can you please pull over? And she's like, look, got about another hour before we home. I'm not I'm not going to pull over. What do you need? You need food? We just ate otherwise, Like just just trust me, She's like, no, I won't. Was like, there's a breakback your head. And then she swoved and we crashed and but yeah, what's the biggest thing you've hit in the car.
Speaker 3: We we had a remember hitting a duck. I don't know why ducks.
Speaker 4: Bucks are a bit too slow, because you know the other boot like the miners you know the miners, they always get out just in the nick of time on.
Speaker 3: The road and stuff. But hawks always do as well, seagulls.
Speaker 4: Usually unless it's a taxi in Dneda. But we had a duck and we knew it hit it and it was in the grill. We knew it had it, but we didn't quite know and like your mum, and embedded in the grill. But we had another couple of hours to go on the open road and we started to smell this kind of like roast duck.
Speaker 3: A cooking meat smell.
Speaker 4: And then we stopped and pretty much it had cooked it self on the radiator. It took us so long to peel it out of the grill and it kind of water blasted out and pulling bits and pieces out of it.
Speaker 1: Did you give it any taste?
Speaker 3: No, we didn't. Didn't quite get that. But that's probably the biggest biggest.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've managed to stay clear of cats and dogs. Oh I had possums hit a lot of possums. Oh yeah, than a duck.
Speaker 1: Wallabies.
Speaker 3: Haven't had a wallaby? Oh mate, tell you what a little bit of damage of wallaby wouldn't it get?
Speaker 1: It was a few years ago, I went out to mate's party out in the country where my message came to pick me up. When we drove back in summer, the roads heat up when the sun's on them, you know, during the day, and then at night all the wallabies come and lie on the roads because the roads are warm. So then you're trying to drive home, you get the lights on, you just see a hundred peers of eyeballs looking back at you with a one hundred wallowies asleep on the road. Yeah, but because there's so many of them, Like if it's just one, they'll jump up and bounce off, but they're all sitting there and they were just looking at you. Fucking hell. People hit wallabies all the time down South Canary like that thing because the way they run they jump, that thing will end up in your bloody. Passenger said, if you if you're not kill come straight through the window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a that's a problem in Australia, isn't it. They come through and then they kick the ship out of you through the windscreen. Then the groubars, yeah, throw them over. Yeah, and one bets you'll bounce right off a one bet Quakers coucker. You would destroy a quacker.
Speaker 1: Apparently there's a problem that they have in Canada and Alaska with most because most are so tall that they stand at windscreen height for most cars anyway, so if you hit one, it just comes straight through the wind screen edge.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you wouldn't. Yeah, that's that'd be a disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all way off in the weeds right now. One more caller here, you're.
Speaker 5: Oh there, I just got home from the town, he lies, putting on a commentary for the All Blakes of South Africa's not thank you?
Speaker 4: Sorry mateuckut was a grow really nice time play again.
Speaker 5: Oh there, I just got home on the town, he guys, putting on a commentary for the All Blake's South Africa so long. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Uh no, the answer to that, and you would have figured that out by now, but thank you for checking in.
Speaker 3: The sentence.
Speaker 1: Just wasted. You know what, I know how I'll figure this out. I'll send the fellows a voicemail. Sorry, we're a bit slow to get back to that.
Speaker 3: No, we'll we're back. We're back for the Aussie games. Yeah, you're back. Sky's Port nine, iHeart radio and Radio had Achi as well.
Speaker 1: All right, let's leave that there for today. That's all we've got from Monday edition. We will be back tomorrow forrid Tuesday edition of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the HCCS, a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcast