Speaker 1: You're listening to a shares these podcast, we just.
Speaker 2: Want to in your head right now, what have investors and other humans got to be optimistic about looking towards space?
Speaker 1: I mean it's so exciting. I mean, you know, there's real tangible plans and opportunities to send humans to other planets. If you look at the commercial space industry, we just built too spacecraft commercially to go to Mars, and you know there's there's so many, so many cool projects that we get to work on and so many cool opportunities. And you know, typically the space, you know, space has been a domain for government, it's not commercial companies. And you know, as a public company, everyone can come along for the ride too. So yeah, I think it's tremendously exciting.
Speaker 2: Do you have one key focus when it comes to leading your team? One value that you wouldn't sacrifice?
Speaker 1: Hustle the rocket lab hustle, So everybody is expected like if barriers come up, you've just got to climb over them. And you know, if you look at our competitors, we are never going to outspend our computers, but we could sure as heck out to hustle them.
Speaker 2: Love it. You've talked a lot about risk. It's a huge part of any space related work. What is your advice to leaders who struggle with risk and how should they think about or approach it.
Speaker 1: So there's perceived risk and then there's actual risk, So making sure you don't get confused with those two and then you know, you have to take a level of risk if you want to achieve good things, But you should never take a level of risk that you know is pushing all the chips. In so roca A Lab, Yes we take risk, but we never take so much risk that that we ever put you know, the company at risk. I've actually got a sign on my toolbox at home that said says everything is sweetened by risk. So you have to you have to get comfortable with risk, but it should be it should be well engineered risk.
Speaker 2: So pressure is a given when you're building a rocket like Neutron with a tight deadline. How do you motivate your team to stay productive and inspired when the stakes are high?
Speaker 1: Well, the team at RockA Lab is just so awesome, like we don't have to do that. Everybody believes in the mission, believes in the company. You know, the team here at OLC three have just been just working day and night. Like I have a camera that I can log into for OLC three actually up on that water tower, and every time I log into that camera in the snow, in the sun, day or night, there is just a team of people just swarming around this place, working flat out. In fact, it started to work again. You know, we're just you know, open this pad in their back at work. So you know, the team at RockA Lab is just amazing and you know the mission and what we're trying to achieve, and you know the coolness of the technology. I don't have to do a whole bunch of motivation, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: The new acting NASA chief, I think, Seann Duffy, said that NASA will focus on exploration, particularly Mars and the Moon yep, and move away from climate research and earth sciences. So just wondering how that shift impacts rock Land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've done We've actually done quite a bit for the client climate research and science guys. So we launched a mission from a New Zealand actually called Tropics and was for hurricane detection. And you know those spacecraft we used in a couple of years of hurricane seasons and kind of like saved lives, So you know that that there they were. They were great, great, great programs to do. But the new administration has a clear focus on you know, leaving Earth's gravity well and exploring other planets, and you know that will aligns very well with us, and you know the administration also is looking for efficiency and speed, and that's the definition of rocket Lab.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a great definition. I think the other quote was that NASA will build a nuclear reactor on the Moon, and they obviously got quite a lot of mainstream media like what does that mean for the space industry broadly, but also like how how is that likely to impact rocket Lab having those sort of ambitions Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean I think if you're going to go and go and you know, settle other planets and and and the Moon, you know you need to you need a pretty pretty important to have a big source of energy.
Speaker 2: So you know this.
Speaker 1: There's just a tremendous number of those kind of kind of programs. But I think I think what the administration and Secretary Duffy is trying to do is there certain elements that you need to get right to be able to land and be successful on another planet and one of those is energy obviously, so you know they're systematically, you know, identifying the bits that they need to be able to live on Mars, and then you know, developing programs and research programs around those technologies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing. Well, thank you, sir Peter Beck. I personally do not want to go to space, but I neither I would have the opportunity to do an interview on a launch complex, so thanks very much. Investing involves for risk you might lose the money you start with.
Speaker 1: We recommend talking to a licensed financial advisor. We also recommend reading product disclosure documents before deciding to invest.