Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Gadden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the ninth of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export of Vulture.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, So good. What would have been your pits and peaks of this week so far?
Speaker 3: Shit, that's a good question because.
Speaker 1: For me, the peaks have been any of the medals that we've.
Speaker 3: Won, all of them, not just gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any of them, I'm gonna be honest, even like Tory Peters who didn't make the finals of her javelin, even that, just watching our athletes out there competing, it's been the highlight of my week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the double gold overnight, that was good. Double gold overnight was good. We will get into that.
Speaker 1: Pits for me was waking up like I'd been shot on Tuesday morning.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, Well I've seen the pets is. Obviously the announcement of Shawney Jay. We just presumed you took a bereavement. Yeah, just just just a especially after on Monday's Mad Monday podcast you fully waded into the fact he's resigning with the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, fully weighed in a broad brushstroke. But I asked me if I thought he was going to retire. I was like, you don't turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 3: Turns out you do.
Speaker 1: Some people do. I didn't know that, Yeah they do. I didn't know that some people were in that position.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we especially when you got hundreds thousands of dollars the other way. It's unfathomable to me.
Speaker 1: You know, when people leave their job and they say they're going to spend more time with their family, I'm like, who the fuck you can afford to just not work and it's been time with their family.
Speaker 3: You all know that's a line. You've been boned. I know you've saying it. Why not just say they fired me. I don't know that's some sort of some sort of dignity thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know whose pride people are protecting them they're spend more time with the family. Yeah, stinks of you've been boned. I've been fired. Just say you've been fired. Yeah, what were the peaks for you? The peaks are the middles, The medals were great peaks for me? Is you're not being here on Tuesday and doing the podcast with Heath and I.
Speaker 3: I can do it all five days if you'd like. And peaks for me is the launch of the Great New Zealander.
Speaker 4: I think that's a great content piece to release amongst the most content org heavy period of the ACC In terms of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: We're going to get sped out the end of the Olympics and have nothing to talk about And why did we do the Great New Zealander thing while the Olympics?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: The Turkish Okay, the peak is me out of the back of the Weekend, the Turkish story, the Turkish shooter story that we read out, which if you believed or not, was up to you, but that went global.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got millions and millions of views.
Speaker 4: And like I was saying, two different platforms approached it in two different ways. Facebook are attacking us for fake news. Instagram's like check it out, this is how funny is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So that's probably that's probably my highlight next year.
Speaker 4: The week is laughing at that kind of dichotomy of cultures between Facebook and Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's the best and it's fired up on the Great New Zealander thing as well.
Speaker 3: Like we posted that.
Speaker 1: Every time we post this on on either social media book or Instagram, it's getting like three four hundred people just weighing in in the comments. I love just like earnest people being like, I really like Richie mccaugh and that's just the.
Speaker 4: Comment, but brilliant. Thank you, straight to the point. Thank you for your service. Richie vers Dan Overnight Ritchie by a landslide.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I knew it was going to be.
Speaker 4: I mean like, he's like, we had the weird the good looks argument, but you just can't get past Richie.
Speaker 3: Can you all round? Kind of like you're saying, and Kat is not putting out fires, is he? No, he's not. He's standing in his underes. He was at the Olympics though, to be fair. Oh yeah, did he bang the bang the stick before the sevens? Yeah he did. Yeah, what was that? Well, that's the thing that they do before the start of every event. It's like a I don't you send it? It used to be it's a.
Speaker 4: French stage tradition, so before the show would start, some dude would come out and bang the stick a couple of times to signal that the show's about to start. Oh, Okay, so that's why they do it before all of the events. They get a former athlete or star or whatever to come out and bang the stick to start the event.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I saw Tony Hawk do some sort of like trick with it, like yeaeah.
Speaker 3: That was pretty cool. Did you see mccony talking to.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, a messive fan boy. Did you see him like he was welling up? I read, yeah, he went.
Speaker 3: Because the coat man. Yeah, still the coat, I still believe. And he's threw that up.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like that guy was being interviewed about wristling pro wristling.
Speaker 3: Look, it's still real for me, damn it, God, bless my. I thought he did a great job.
Speaker 1: He really threw Tony Hawk for a loop because I don't think you know a foreigners, particular Americans, they struggle with their accent, and he's like, where the fuck are you from?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because because there were loads of media and he managed to collar and he mustered just like who the fuck is this guy? Like kind of he's in he was in like safari short kind of colorful spiry shorts and a suit jacket.
Speaker 3: Where there is this guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, excuse me? Can I ask you a few questions please, and the mirror is like, the fuck is there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll ask you questions and he's like thanks, mate, And then as Tony Hawk was walking away, he was like thanks, Like he went to say mate as well, and then realized he he doesn't say mate.
Speaker 3: Then through like a weird piece and pout and dipped. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was great though, the goat, I still believe in you. Anyway, back to the Great New Zealanders thing. Today, it is another barn Burner. It is Lisa Carrington versus Valery Adams.
Speaker 3: Battle Battle of the Dames, Battle of the Dames.
Speaker 1: I think that's very timely because Lisa Carrington just won last night. She's in the middle of her Olympic Games, so I think, you know, this is a popularity contest right now, should be a lot more popular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's got a possibility of winning the K two and the K one. Yeah, so she can get another couple of gold medals. There's gonna put her so far ahead of anyone else. She's already the greatest ever Olympian.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So VAL's got two golds of silver and a bronze. Yeah, this is just Olympics. Then, obviously you've got your own wild champs and stuff the gut in the boat. She's got six golds as of this morning and one bronze. I would say, though, that's not Apple's apples, because this is my Michael Phelps theory.
Speaker 3: She's got more opportunities to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be like a Valerie Adams was like, she's got the shot put, now she's allowed to throw a grapefruit, then she does watermelon, and there's a separate gold medal for each of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I I suppose it's consecutive for limpic games. I mean, if she does it here, she's won three golds in three games, isn't she.
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeahah, so Valerie didn't. No, Valerie didn't think does she got gold? Silver? Gold? Something like that the book dock in the middle of there, the steroid taker. Yes, yeah, yeah, but yeah, I know. I've always just.
Speaker 1: Said like, if if you sain Bolt was allowed to run backwards, was allowed to do the three legged race, was allowed to do the Eggan Spoon race, he would have more medals than Michael Phelps. So I don't think it's fair to call Michael Phelps the greatest Olympian of all time?
Speaker 4: Did you just going back to Valerie? Yeah, well, I've got it in my head. Did you watch any of the women's shot put qualifier.
Speaker 3: I've seen a few posts about it, but I didn't watch it.
Speaker 4: You've seen the American lady who wears the full mask and glasses. Horrifying it is the mask at Tokyo, she had a hulk mask on. But at Tokyo, I thought that's because of COVID, because they had to wear masks all the time.
Speaker 3: And I was suddenly watching my son.
Speaker 4: He's like, chi, chick out this chick, and I'll be like, whoa, because she's got the full neoprene face and the mask with the props.
Speaker 3: Boy, yes, yeah, So he's absolutely not realeem recognizable.
Speaker 4: And so we googled it and apparently she just got used to wearing a mask around that COVID time, right, and she actually quite likes it because she can doesn't have to talk to anyone. Yeah, so people don't engage her because I can't see her, and so she just just lives in her own head because she gets distracted too easily, and she's got used to the feeling of having a face covered while competing.
Speaker 3: It's fucking weird.
Speaker 4: She definitely American. I can't remember where she's from. I'm pretty sure she's American. Yeah, she's like it's very American behavior.
Speaker 3: It is. It's like because it just sticks out. Everyone's anything goes. Who the fuck is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they all had shitters the kiwi going on it. She qualified boom, like I like a second throw. Everyone else struggled, world champed out. Really Yep, she couldn't even qualify.
Speaker 3: Oh that's huge. Yeah, a bit of a cry.
Speaker 4: There's been a few face God, I can't imagine how heartbreaking it would be.
Speaker 3: You're world champion.
Speaker 1: I know it's there's been a lot of people not complaining about like how things have been going. But you know, world records aren't tumbling. People seem to be struggling in all their different sports. I don't really know what it is. I've heard a few people saying, oh, this is tolf coming through the heats, the semi finals, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I quite like for the first time, and I didn't realize this was the first Olympics where they had the rippershage for athletics. Yes, so, because I'm a big fan of the word ripper and it's only ever used in rowing in the water sports is the ripish.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: In the NRL, that's basically what the top two teams get. They get a rippershag because if they lose their first round, they get another chance to go again. We need to use repechage more good luck and introducing that into the NRL lexicon.
Speaker 4: And also shift the Mission. I would like to see the word CEO to be replaced with shift.
Speaker 3: The micheal, you are the shift de mission of I.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm going to change my signature on my email to Glane shift the mission.
Speaker 3: But you've got it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have to put it, not shift the mission, because that's why, well what's shift? I'm going to have to phonetically shift the mission?
Speaker 3: Shift. Don't you have what's his name? The cultural Cultural Oh? I do? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got Mary Hewitt, Deputy Culturally Attach's desk signs that I procured on the flight of the Concords.
Speaker 3: I do, actually yeah. I I encourage people worldwide to change there.
Speaker 1: You've got a desk job, change your job title on your email, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: And watch the people that get upset because they this happened at work a few years ago.
Speaker 3: When you know, it was a bit free and easy.
Speaker 4: It was like create your own signature, you know, you could put your own just remember that and your own font and color and image and everything, and like your job title whatever. So everyone just started make fucking going crazy with their job title.
Speaker 1: They fought and they forced us to add a photo. They were like, it's going to be easier for people to recognize if they don't know, you have to, and none of us in our office did it, so they keep chasing us up, keep chasing us up. You should you put Basher al Assad yes as yours? Joe Jury put it, Sharon yes his, and I put Bill Cosby as mine.
Speaker 4: And guess who got the most trouble Me? Yeah, I got an email saying it's inappropriate. Some people are going to get people are getting upset. You've got Basha Alisad. So the next one I put was me, but my head cut off, so it's just my torso the game and they're like thanks.
Speaker 1: They decided I'm not going to fight this better. Mine just got promptly taken down. And then they didn't even notice that Joe's was I hear.
Speaker 4: It gives an it sharing vibe. He was mistaken for Edge Sharon and a lift in India. It was it was the funniest thing you've ever seen, so uncomfortable, and so did just one person, says sharing and then there's.
Speaker 3: She's like, looked at me, Oh my god, I and Joe's like hi.
Speaker 4: And then he got pretty amid the night before she got out of the left quite attractive, and he goes, what happened.
Speaker 3: Last night, as I did not know? And then we've met her later on in the bar and she said she has an embarrassed thought.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Joe, Jerry looking like ginger. Yeah.
Speaker 1: With the speaking of and you know how we always talk about we are the top of the per capita middle top three. We're top three this year, but we usually per capita you know, the leader, which I think we sort of extrapolated into we are the most athletic country in the world. Of course, so I looked at who is the least athletic country in the world per capita, who has the fewest middles per capita.
Speaker 3: To put the racist to larm on here, No, it's not a race thing, it's what country are you from? It's not a race thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you want to make it a race thing. You want to do the segment now it's like any talk about it. Okay, I could say it research. I don't think you should.
Speaker 3: You've done the research.
Speaker 1: I've done the research. Fewest medals per capita is India. Therefore, was that the racist lot they got? Ye celebratory, we've lost our shape. Yet they have won one medal per four hundred and sixty eight million people in their country.
Speaker 4: They suck, They do suck. How are they not better at throwing sports? Yeah, cricket is their national sports. They should be amazing at javelin. Nobody should be able to be India at javelin because javelin.
Speaker 3: Is as basically a glorified cricket ball throw. That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Back when the World Wars were kicking off, each country would change the shape of their grenade to fit the sport they played. So Americans had a smaller baseball shaped grenade, so they threw with a bench and then the yeah, and then the English will lobing straight arm ones because that's how they're thrown and bowling with the straight arm.
Speaker 3: Over there, how come the Germans had the stick with the grenade at the end.
Speaker 1: I guess they were running it like a relay. So they'd light it and then sprint down the trenches, pass it to Johann. He sprints down the trenches, passes it off the wolfgug and it over the top.
Speaker 3: I reckon, what would we have. We'd have a frisbee frisbee grenade.
Speaker 4: God that yeah, or hockey sick fly kick the grenade over there, that'll be America.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They'd have a bunch of dreadlocked dudes. Yes, knock it out and then you bicycle kick it out of the trench.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon, Yeah, it's one of those foot who won the Football Cup was at France.
Speaker 4: Spain, wasn't it Yeah, Spain. They'd have a football sized one, size one they just punted over there.
Speaker 3: It's a big grenade.
Speaker 1: We'd have a rugby ball, yeah, us and Assi have a rugby ball, kick a spiral bomb over into the other trenches.
Speaker 3: And the Americans. I reckon, they could.
Speaker 4: You could go why don't they have golf balls as grenades? I spose anytime you're hitting it, yeah, yeah, I think about that.
Speaker 3: It's problematic.
Speaker 1: Just before we move on to an air break. We're gonna come back discuss the double gold all of the Olympics. We sit next to the Hits. They had a message come through and a formal complaint that they're running a competition on Like I don't actually know what the competition is, but it's basically if you hear this ring it. They received a complaint from a person saying that they were unable to win the competition because they are deaf. Is it rude to slag off deaf people on the radio? That's a great questions, rude to stir it blind people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, these are questions that will baffle mankind beyond this podcast.
Speaker 3: And I like a tree falls over in the forest, you know, and it's here to hear.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make us sound. I don't think it is rude to slag deaf people off on the radio.
Speaker 3: Neither. Shout out to all of our deaf listeners worldwide. Let's take about half our audience. Let's be honest. I just got download. Yeah, it gave up years ago.
Speaker 1: Well, we've actually got a farm of devices each of us underneath our beds that are all set to auto download. There's about there's about a million different phones and laptops and iPads underneath my bed that automatically download this podcast. So if you're listening to it, congratulations, you're one of three actual people that listens to this podcast.
Speaker 3: The rest of it, we just got download farm. Yeah, at great.
Speaker 1: Risks to our own personal safety, because that is a fire risk underneath our beds every night. All right, we're going to take one quick break. We're going to come back and talk about the actual Olympics. All right, overnight, Lane, we have started what I think could be quite a sizable haul for us at the Olympics. Double gold at least Andrews one gold in the Kieren. I woke up to watch her accept her gold and the gold midle started my day balling, Miles.
Speaker 3: Dad was there. It's when the parents are there. Did you see the dad in the middle there. Parents don't do it for me. I think it's because I don't have kids, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, just having the dead in the center of their celebrating with it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I was just watching watching it like a culmination of four years hard work, you know, lifelong dream. She won the Kieren, which is the one where you start out behind homeboy on the bike. He's on the motorbike. You guys will sit behind it, sort of jostling for positions. It's sort of like a rolling start and horse racing. Yeah, and then he shoots off.
Speaker 3: You guys go for it. And I loved her approach to it was get into the front and then just smoke everyone. So is the krren one with the it's not the points one a that's the Criterium or something.
Speaker 1: That's the point Well, there is the points race, then there's the Omnium. Whell, yeah, it's the one, and then there's also the criterion. Oh I don't know, this one's a straight win. It's a straight yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So they start off.
Speaker 1: They do a lap or two behind the guy in the motorbike. He starts out at thirty k's. He works his way up to about fifty. Then he peels off and then they have to go. And it's basically the idea is that takes a bit of energy out of your leagus. Plus also there's a bit of jockeying for position before they take off, which she completely undid by just shooting out to the front, staying there and riding her bike faster. Than anyone else was riding their bike. Tew, you went, that is how you win a bike race. She showed everyone how she did it. She's like, I'm not going to fuck because the whole point of it is that you've got a jostle for a position because you're stuck behind this bike. Yeah, She's like, fuck that, I'm just gonna ride faster than everyone else.
Speaker 3: And she did. It was powerful, it was dominant and it made me well up this morning. Is that a specialty roll the motorbike drive guy, girl, whatever, whoever it is, the motorbike person.
Speaker 1: It is quite a funny one because there's a concrete velodrome in Wymanty. So when I was growing up, I did a bit of a track cyclic and one of the dads just bought a second.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you did a bit of tracks.
Speaker 4: You did a bit of track cycling in day and just throw that into a conversation and did a bit of track cycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: Holly Edmonston, Olympic cyclist from Tokyo to everything she knows, she'll admit that you.
Speaker 3: Ok, yeah, Holly, if you're listening, what event did you compete? And you just casual just go around the velodrome or whatever you want.
Speaker 1: If you're riding a bike, I'll ride it with you, and I'll ride it faster. I actually quit cycling after a road race in San Andrews is halfway between Wymout and tomorrow. Usually when you're biking in a pack.
Speaker 3: You know, ok so you're road racing as well as vela droming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I don't look like you know, I won't go down the mountain something problem anyway, So you know, you take like a lap because the person in front's working harder.
Speaker 3: So when you're on a road race, you will take a lap so that you know. You guys work together to At the Palton.
Speaker 1: And I was racing against the girl and I said, you take a lap. She goes, no, I'm too tired. Okay, sweet mixed race, yeah, mixed race. And then right at the end she rolled me on the finish line after telling me for the last five k's she was too tired to take a lap, and then she rolled me. And I learned to listen, and listen was cycling stuff for there. Never trust a cyclist, that's what. Never trust a cyclist.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I forgot, forgot what the point of that was, Oh yeah, so Holly's dad just bought a motorbike, second hand motorbike, and then welded metal onto the back of it, and so you know, when you're riding around behind it, the wheel will touch the bar behind the motorbike, and so they didn't realize that and then they had to put the roller thing on it.
Speaker 3: It was very like Kiwi ingenuity. I can imagine just a nifty to fifty game ye like blued exactly what it was blue smoke.
Speaker 4: When they would train, they would just drive around back roads and they had like a bigness and mister al thing and the back door would be open and so they'd be holy be training. I'll be sitting in the boat of the Mystroy and Chocolate just throwing shit at it. Harry I bully and that got her to the Olympics. But anyway, yeah, it is. It is one of the most ridiculous things. Anyway she went. And also the Woman's K four one gold. The same thing I always say about Lisa Carrington. You can't let her out the parking lot.
Speaker 1: You cannot let Lisa Carrington get into a boat, or she's going to beat you at a boat. Race this morning she overnight. I watched the replay and paused it. After the first stroke, we were already six inches ahead of anyone else.
Speaker 4: So you're suggesting if anyone wants a chance at winning goal there to full ti.
Speaker 3: On your hearting. It's on your hearting. They're going to happen.
Speaker 4: There's no other way. Once you litter get into that boat, the race is over. From the first stroke, we were already hit. Still love their kick ass uniforms, the plants, the glasses, and the fact that they all look exactly the same too. Yeah it looks mean it does. Yeah, it just shows it on one team, one dream.
Speaker 3: That's right. That K four.
Speaker 4: I love the K four because it's this amount of wash that comes out. It's like four propellers she's taking off. I love it, especially the start when they have that shot of all of them and it's like.
Speaker 3: They zoomed in. I think I might have said this the other day when she did an individual one, but they.
Speaker 1: Zoomed in on her hands. She's holding the oh so delicately, like so lightly. You would think she'd be squeezing the shit out of that there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not.
Speaker 1: And I don't understand how she doesn't drop it. It doesn't look like it looks like she's barely holding on, like barey holding on to it at all.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's she's just got a kind of a muscle grip that she just gives it a bit of a but at least it's not go.
Speaker 1: She's not even holding onto it, she's just holding her hands in place. But yeah, so she won the k for gold over the weekend, just wins it.
Speaker 4: Closing ceremony again, Sunday night, Sunday night, Yeah, Sunday night. It all kicks off, so Sunday or Sunday night, Monday morning, I guess because they don't have it throughout the day. They all finish off with the relay events. The relay events all finish off at the track and everything like that. Again, they're walking out of the way so we can get the marathon underway.
Speaker 3: The walking man. We've been watching this in the office. I can't deal with it. I can't deal with it either. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: They look like they're doing the walk where they're about to shot yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's the festival poose walk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like yeah up the front and you're like, oh oh, I need to do a party pooh, and then you then you get to the toilets and obviously a massive queue, and you then you have to do the walk again to the nearest bush or wherever?
Speaker 3: Is that the training that they do.
Speaker 1: They just wait until they're desperately there to go, and then they're like, right, ten K has hit it and the.
Speaker 4: Wattle the nearest portaloo is twenty one case that one. Yeah, either do that or shit yourself. Yeah, I don't know. And then even if you want it's I reckon, it's the only I reckon. It's the only sport at the Olympics that doesn't make their athletes hotter.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I know. I mean, look that there's something for the mums and the dads on the walk, but it's just the way they're walking. Just it's just really real off putting. There's nothing for either of them this morning.
Speaker 1: If we look further abreast to the New Zealand, US beat Serbia and a nail bitit in the basketball.
Speaker 3: Gatted for Serbia. Yeah, I really would.
Speaker 4: I really like to see the wind get taken out of the American sales with that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just too much talent on that American dame. I know, and they know it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that is that's that's Americans in general. But yeah, Jokich was on that Subian team, couldn't quite get the job done.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 4: It's also a bitter kind of crowing as well. If Jokitch had managed to beat America, he's got the best comeback in the NBA if any smack talk, Not that he does anyone, but he would just got something like I have gold, yeah or something like that.
Speaker 3: They would have been his one coming.
Speaker 1: He'll just be angry they're interrupting his horse racing in the off season. Noah Lyles, speaking of American arrogance, he all he's been talking about for the last few years is how he's gonna win gold and gold in the one hundred and two hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he calls the hundred his wife and the hundred the two hundred his wife. Yeah, the hundred is mistress. So he's only taken up one hundred in the last couple of years. Two hundred has always been his home's turning away.
Speaker 3: Wai and he shat the beer yeap.
Speaker 1: He finished in bronze and he got smoked by a man from Botswana or Tobogo. He wasted him. He like come around the corner first and then just got further away from him. Then in the end, Noah Lyles finished third. Did you see what he came out? You know, he always does too much. When he came, he bounce and everything. He came sprinting out. He like waited they announced them, read his name out. He waited for ages.
Speaker 4: Then came sprinting out, jumping around Yahoo and as if he'd already won shrinker isn't it?
Speaker 1: Comes out and got bronze and then and the most American shit of all time. He lies down on the floor. Then he waits for someone to bring him out of fucking wheelchair. They basically stretched him out of the stadium. Now as press team's released that he's got COVID, we're not doing COVID anymore. Yeah, give fuck. That was the last Olympics. Nobody gives a shit if you got COVID pull out of the races. Has ego needed to be wheel chaired off?
Speaker 3: That's all? Yeah, not his body, no, his egos. The most American shit of all time, And all the reporting is just saying, oh, he got thirds. No he you know, sucked. Yeah, Tobogo one. Why can't we talk about.
Speaker 4: That particially the amount of smack he was talking about it. It's his home in host two hundred. I've got hundreds, you know, givel take. That's the one, the high risk one.
Speaker 1: I reckon we parked that glune because he also didn't win one hundred meters. The other guy's foot cross the line first. Yeah, and when people are it's always been chess.
Speaker 3: You didn't know that. Stop pretending you knew that before you watch that race.
Speaker 4: I kind of I made it up on Mett and Jerry Brick for show and they said, how do you determine that if we got the same time?
Speaker 3: And I just mean, I think it's your Tourso so I got it, you were.
Speaker 1: Right, But I just hate when people are commenting on line bend low it's always been your yest.
Speaker 3: Yeah whatever, you didn't know that. So do you think maybe then people need to get pick the chest up a bit more. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of memes going around of Lightning McCown from the Cars movie stuck his tongue out to win a race. Oh yeah, basically that that's about all that caught my eye. Across the the evening's action in the Olympics. Oh sorry, the bronze as well in the sailing, oh yeah, the mixed double sailing, mixed doubles. Yeah, day one bronze and then dived into the water. One of the great celebrations at the Olympics is jumping into the water off your sail.
Speaker 4: I want to see when the goat in the boat wins gold to do an Eskimo role like go over the thing, roll over, roll back, because they know how to do the role. Full fun butcher, yeah, full fu and butcher. The mixed sailing, yeah, I mean discussed it. Why is sailing split by gender? Yeah, it's same with lawn bowls as lombows at the Olympics. No, it's a common games, but it's split by gender as well. I wouldn't think there was no strength advantage here may sailing. I think there maybe is a little bit in terms of counterbalance of the boat pulling on the ropes. You know, like there's a bit of strength where you required you have to be fairly fit to sail some of those skiffs and whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe in strength in terms of weight tissue, but then they're not weight classes, so I don't know. I do not know someone who knows more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's two people that know more and they won bronze overnight as Kiwi Gold, so God bless them as well. The All Black team was named yesterday as well. We didn't get a chance to talk about it. I forgot that they were even playing this week. You're gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: They snuck up, didn't they.
Speaker 4: The Argentinians have just snuck into the country under the radar of Olympics and the rugby Championship kicks off, because the first three games of the year were just kick about England. FIGI, Yeah, this is the rugby Championship kicking off in Wlly.
Speaker 1: In earnest I saw a thing doing rounds on social media the other day saying that New Zealand haven't won a major trophy since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: I was like, bleeders Low Rugbychampionship. Yeah, what do you mean? That must be a northern hemisphere. Yeah, yep it was.
Speaker 1: Razor has named a Brave, Brave team to face Argentina. Was in the Herald this morning at fullback Ethan DeGroot on the wing, Cody Taylor at center, Tyre Lomax.
Speaker 3: They listed the team in reverse order.
Speaker 4: I love this because just think in your mind these guys in these positions, because I've just thought about to puve inside center. Imagine him coming off the short ball from Sam darry On from Ethan Blackout.
Speaker 3: At first five. It'd be hard to deal with, I Reckon.
Speaker 1: Harder than that to deal with would be Ethan DeGroot trying to field kicks all night.
Speaker 3: We'd be a real shit show.
Speaker 1: And then obviously a front row of Bowden, Barrett, sever Rees and Antoine Leonart Brown I.
Speaker 4: Think, and on Leonart Brown could compete as obviously his brothers are prop for the Highlanders, so I think he's got some pedigree, Jordy.
Speaker 1: And then our number six has been Damien McKenzie. Yeah, that's that, that's problematic. And the locks of Jordi Barrett, sure, that's that's fine. But Mark Telaire the lock at five. So the biggest story I think out of this this team is that Ricco Juani has been benched ye Antony Leonard Brown is in there in his stead.
Speaker 4: A couple of youngsters on the bench though as well. Josh Lord is on the bench along with side Titty Wall a side Titty there as well, so that's a bit of a surprise.
Speaker 3: And obviously will Jordan back, Yeah, will Jordan back. That's huge.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of that. They played Argentina on Saturday. You're commentating that one, yes, with Matt Heath. So we're at seven o'clock we are doing that one.
Speaker 4: It's on Sky Sports Select and iHeartRadio and on Radio Hurdaki. So if you want to listen to on the Classic radio he takes North to three four eight three or South to three four eight three. Get the frequencies. The Sky Sorts Select thing is because obviously common games are on all nine channels, so well the Olympics, but yeah, oh sorry the Olympics. But hey, just with the all blacks, our hunch, our agenda hunch. Oh yes, got this, it's on there. It's I've gone for a power play. I've gone Sevu Reese, severed piece, Mark Tala and Boden Barrett to score three plus tries combined.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 4: So I mean basically, what's the back three to score three or more tries at five bucks? So that's sort I've laid the agenda bet on for Saturday. Does it concern you that will Jordan's on the bench. Do you think that one of them may potentially get subbed out at some point for him? Yes, I think body Barrett will, but that's still say Mark Talia and sev Reese thr screw machines.
Speaker 3: Do you think we're gonna you think we're gonna waste Argentina. I don't think we're gonna waste them.
Speaker 4: I heard Scott Barrett do an interview and God bless them, we'll get that audio where he says against Argentina, it's always a ding dong. And then back in my head, I'm like, yeah, yeah, ding dong. So yeah, dog rolls picking a ding dong.
Speaker 3: Oh care?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh look they got hammered by fucking a French B team recently, so okay, but you never know.
Speaker 3: You didn't even know where the Argentina is.
Speaker 4: If they're in the game in the first thirty minutes, forty minutes, watch out. Yeah they did us in christ Church. Remember they just held on, held on throughout the game and did us.
Speaker 1: I worked in the mainstream sports media at that time, and my job had never been easier. When the All Backs were losing all those games, I was like, this is fucking sweet, open up the line, open up the lines and just go hey, all backs, where did we go wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, bloody, I think that the problem is the bloody that's probably always said buddy coach is too busy break dancing.
Speaker 4: That's what's going to be three busy comes dancing, not enough to the defensive technical knowledge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and meanwhile, while all this is going on, the National Provincial Championship starts tonight.
Speaker 3: Apparently the NPC year kicks off. I love the NPC, I because you go back to your roots, you go, I go back to supporting the Mulus. Yea, I don't live.
Speaker 4: There anymore, So I head up to North Harbor Stadium and watch a bit of North Harbor only because you have a few club players that playing in the team, so you've still got that allegiance. Like we go down to our club and watching all short play, we see a couple of the you know, they see everyone.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's more.
Speaker 4: It's a bit more sounds that sounds a bit fucking weak. It's a bit more real and a bit more you know, you know the players. You've got a bit more of a connection with the NPC than I think. I believe I do with even though I'm full chiefs mana and they're pretty much the moon Loos, but.
Speaker 1: That's more franchise rugby than it is like Yeah, that's why I like the Heartland Championship so much is because I'm from South Canterbury, so I didn't have a Canterbury It's three hours away, so I don't really have a connection with them.
Speaker 3: Where is the nearest Heartland team to Auckland is a King Country? I don't know. I don't even know whe King Country is. Most antiquity south of Hamilton would be the Thames Valley swamp foxes.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to think we need to get to a South Canterbury game. Going down to South Canterbury's challenging at.
Speaker 3: The moment, so is it what?
Speaker 4: So if we could potentially engineer one in the Upper North Island North Island and then we could just get a roady together, get a van together of export ultras park up.
Speaker 1: The other thing I love about Heartlands talent discrepancy, because you'll have guys who in a couple of years could be in all black intention verse, like a fifty year old sparky dairy farmer, dairy farmer yes, just the talent discripancy that you can see and there create some freakish tries that you just wouldn't see another another grades also horrific and jury risk, which is always good to watch as well.
Speaker 4: I saw the Auckland team training. It's a dangerously good team. There was a lot of Blues.
Speaker 3: Players, Adrian Chodes in there.
Speaker 4: You've got ent on sickness in there, You've got the National Bank horse, Zarn Sullivan's and the like.
Speaker 3: It's actually, it's a good team. It is a powerful team. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, MPC across week of God, there's a lot of sport on this weekend. Warriors playing on Sunday. Let's take one more quick break and we'll come back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought to you by Leader Home.
Speaker 4: Of the.
Speaker 1: Handful of them to get through so far this morning. Let's just get straight into the first one. Call it yours please.
Speaker 6: That is controversy. There needs to be an investigation. I respect you guys for running a multi platform voting system like m MP debarkle, but should just stick to one one vote, one count because I could go vote three times to Jason Gunn and then just fucks it all.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 6: Then you some mupp who votes won one one I forget to vote on that, forget to vote on there. You know, it's just controversial sort.
Speaker 4: Of out fellas right, ballot stuffing, he's off, he wants to stop the count. Yeah, he's alleging we're involved in ballot stuffing. Well yeah, look, I mean you can vote across multiple platforms. If you're able to do that, if you've got those channels, then for it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, and I would say we're very very open to you doing that exact thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, there were thousands of votes for all of these lies. Like if you think that your three votes are gonna are going to swear it, Yeah, we'll go and gohard stuff the ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go for it. I think they start paying people. I think Jason Gunn was paying people. He was very an article in the hair pushing it as well. Oh really has led it to his younger self and he's just pushing the pr out. There was it.
Speaker 1: You know, one day, kid, you're going to be considered one of the greatest New Zealanders of all time by the alternative commentary collective.
Speaker 3: That was he left that but out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we gloss over that. Yeah, no stuff about one hundred percent. Get involved.
Speaker 3: Another caller here, you're Spase, Yeah, fellas me again.
Speaker 6: My quality, uh is this Spook's got the most controversy with Darsie with the nose candy, the swimmer retiring and then getting kicked out causing a mark, the couple causing a muck uh, the gymnasts with the secret only fans or whatever, the gymnasts with the parmesan sponsorship. So there's plenty of other controversy. You guys figure it out for the old ones.
Speaker 4: I my thoughts on it are nothing much happened in Tokyo because of COVID. You were allowed supporters, they weren't allowed a party in the village, and the one before that was in Rio, And I think in terms of your TikTokers and your social influences was just in its infancy eight years ago.
Speaker 3: In terms of the power of it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So I think this is the first one where we're seeing just the total wounding and own goals of people like you know, the consequences of that because all these people.
Speaker 3: It's always been happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think that Australian did was the first Olympian to finish his event and go and try and buy cocaine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And same with the banging, Yeah, and the banging and distraction in the village. Do you think that's the first time, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I since ancient, since ancient Athens, that's exactly what they've been doing.
Speaker 4: And also they didn't naked. And also the reporting of it as well, it spreads like wildfire a lot.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, one hundred, but he didn't even mention the stuff that's happened, Like on the track, Shelley and Fraser Price didn't run one hundred meter final because they didn't let her into the warm up track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that about? That seemed to just get swept under the carpet. So she wasn't staying in the Olympic village. Neither was to Carrie Richardson.
Speaker 1: And they had been coming in in their own like private taxis or ubers or whatever, and that had been fine, and then overnight before their final they changed the rule to say.
Speaker 3: That you had to be on the team bus athlete bus. Yeah, but and then they showed up.
Speaker 1: No one told them and so they got stopped at the fit at the gate and they had to then walk around it took them an hour to walk around. By then they couldn't warm up. Shelley and Fraser Price is like fuck that I'm not racing, and then Shakari Richardson ran silver, so it was like that's some real their heads.
Speaker 3: Will roll for that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's and I remember the men's skull final got delayed by aaron half because the bus the bus got.
Speaker 1: Stuck the skateboard dudes, bus broke down and they had to skateboard to the thing. That's never mind all of the athletes who have come down with COLO from swimming through a river of shit upstream, you know. And then the poor women in their triathlon they came out and it was raining on cobblestones and so they were all wiped out. Four years of training and all you got for your efforts was COLO and you're wiped out in a skid that had.
Speaker 3: Nothing to do with you, you know.
Speaker 1: So I do think this has been one of the most controversial games from the opening ceremony throughout.
Speaker 4: Yeah and yeah, I think so as well, but only purely because the amount of content coming out of its next level as well. I think even in the radio days, swimming through a river of sht would for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, yeah, I agree. Another caller of yours.
Speaker 7: Boss get a Fellas Andrew from NAP's here. I was just listening to your podcast episode where you were talking about the right up a drain pipe game. What other sports could transfer from Olympic to real life? Obviously as you see bank robber for a sport climber. Is there anything else or is it just a complete head? See you?
Speaker 3: Well, hunting with the javelin would be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if you could spot a twelve pointer from sixty meters away, oh my god, and then just hurl a jav straight through its neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty bad ass, I reckon that's probably the next step in Tory Peter's career. Go down and find the field of the moose and it with a javelin bring it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously any of the rowing is going to help if you're actually trying to row out to a bigger ship. Yep, that could potentially translate. Short of that, I think we've strayed so far from the original a Lobics. Obviously, anyone who's a fencer, if they came out here with the or the rap. That'd be pretty hard to deal with.
Speaker 3: True, I mean, and pole vaulting.
Speaker 4: If you're looking to scale a wall of a castle or something, you could just have up a evold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen the one that they do. Is it in the Netherlands where they jump over the canal the canals? That's pretty cool with that.
Speaker 3: Actually, we were asking the other day where that sport came from. That's probably it, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know that too many of them are translatable, to be honest to real life.
Speaker 4: I mean, lot, Maggie, and one hundred meters would be good because if you make someone just fucking took.
Speaker 1: Off and then ten seconds later, who are one hundred meters a well, yeah, yeah, that would be hard to deal with. I saw a man get mugged in Paris once, and it was one of the most complex maneuvers I've ever seen. He was wearing a backpack over one shoulder and there's these two muggers ran from opposite corners, and so one of them hit him, took the bag he spun around. By the time he realized that his bag had been taken, another one had run a cut off off the back of him like he was the second five running off the first five. Ah, they're both sprinting in different directions, ran around different corners. So all the guys saw was like, he gets hit, he turns around, his bag's gone, and two guys are sprinting in opposite directions. Labor and he was just like, well, I'm fucked. He didn't love the chasing, He's like he.
Speaker 3: Looked at me. I was like, I can't help you, because what are you gonna do chasing around the corner and get shived. Yeah? True, So yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: The one hundred meters sprint, maybe the relay as well, could be good for mugging, reelap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. Yea, all right, one more caller here, yours, Ye're going to lane.
Speaker 5: Look, I seriously worry for your safety, brother, the snatch and the clean and jerk. You're on a hiding to nothing here, mate, You're I can't wait to see you know, popped elbows, pop shoulders, pulled pek muscles, possibly a blonde foodfoo valve.
Speaker 3: But you know, as long as Joe jury and and I was recording you, beauty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look, I thought about this overnight because I'm going away on a ski holiday.
Speaker 3: I'm going skiing the week after next week. And after the last years.
Speaker 4: Effort when I tore my hands from got banana boated off, you know, I'm a bit conscious about getting injured, so I think I was thinking about it with the snatch.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to snatch.
Speaker 4: No, that's fucking it's the way off, way beyond my technical expertise. So probably too is the clean and jerk.
Speaker 3: I think clean and jerk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to clean jerk, but it's gonna be baby steps, Like just give me the bar and I let me just practice and get the technique. Oh okay, and then maybe put five on each side. Then don't just give me seventy kgs in which I will ship myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so baby steps.
Speaker 1: I think I'm thinking about it because that's more opportunity for you to familiate yourself as well.
Speaker 4: So we've had a gym offer up there their facilities. Yes, and that was quite good, and I mean it came with a couple of barbs. I it's emptied through during the day so no one will see your humiliation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'll take that. I think it was seventy seven killers. Then you offered the sixty nine note, which was the lowest of the snitch.
Speaker 4: So that was the snatch weight. I think it was even lower than it wasn't it to check the tape. But yeah, all right, so what you don't want to go out there next week?
Speaker 3: I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll do it, but I'm just don't get me the full weight and then go snatch it because like I said, I probably will ship myself.
Speaker 3: I think. Well.
Speaker 1: Final step here is if you are a weightlifter of any note, or if you're a coach of some sort of you you know, competing this kind of thing, if you got any expertise, if you come out and coach Lane through it, reach out as well.
Speaker 3: We'll film this next week see how we go.
Speaker 1: Keep an eye out on this feed later on today because we will have the ACC Sports Book with the TB plus the commentary on tomorrow of the All Blacks and the Wars are on Sunday. Myself and Chris Key have yet to commentate a win and it's the Dolphins and away it is do or die. All of that to look forward to this week. ND We'll see you later on.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's a Gender Podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for you get your podcasts