Speaker 1: Life from the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the eighth of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export of Vulture.
Speaker 1: We're very lucky to have the coach of the Tartanaki Bulls on the podcast. Later on, Barnsey Neil Barnes will be joining us fresh off winning the Shield and then their flight got canceled. So I want to know how exactly their celebrations panned out after winning the Shield and then gets getting stuck in the airports.
Speaker 3: I want to get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: But before we do, the All Blacks team was named yesterday by Razor at two pm.
Speaker 4: Yep, I gotta be honest, no surprises. No, that's full missionary position from Razer. The two controversial, I didn't say controversial. The ones that we discussed the most was the TJ Peinada. Is he the future? Should you pick him? And of course Sam Kaine, the Cleveland Steamer, and he's picked both of them. Yeah, yeah, he's gone full missionary and I think as result of he wants results from this tour. He needs results, and I think that reflects that in the squad that's going And there is absolutely no one that's a surprise in there at all. Reuben Love back in the squad, that's about it.
Speaker 1: It's about as surprising as you would. Yeah, when you look through the team, there's no one really. Like you said, you were saying TJ should never play in the black jersey again yesterday you were saying to his contract up, but you were saying he probably never should have in the first place. But yeah, but yeah, I just think, like we were saying yesterday, he's gonna win games, and so he needs to take the squad that he thinks is going to win him the most games. I feel like the forward pack is sort of solidifying. It looks about what it's going to be going forward.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I mean, you've got Patrick Tuopolo too, as you know, the experienced campaigner in the air. Because you've got Tupiva and Sam Darry it's a locks dog roll. You've got the props. That's the same props kind of squad had all season. I think that's I think that's us going into the World Cup.
Speaker 1: To be honest, to Group Lomax, Fletcher Yule, Tossy Of and Fussy to Mighty Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the locks as well. I mean the Patrick to a Poloti can can stand one piece for a couple more years, and even the loose forwards. Apart from Sam Kaine, you know you got was the t T side, Teddy Syvia Papoli, Jacobson, Female Caine black Eader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's all pretty pretty standard. And Wallace Ti.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw that there was a quote from Sam Kaine saying that this is the most meteoric rise he's seen because just a year ago he couldn't get a start for Counties and then now all of a sudden he has looks to have signed up the six Jersey. And when we were in Amsterdam, we got punished by these three Welsh dudes, yes, who came over. They heard that we were Kiwis and all they wanted to talk to us about was Wallace Tetic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of them was to be fair, this guy was buckled and he was you know, when you're so drunk that you just get stuck on one thing. No, but Wallace t is one of the best players. Yeah, and so he's making a name for himself around the world. But yeah, like I said, nothing really to pick over. I mean Billy Proctor probably no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Billy Proctor and Reuben Love about the only ones that. But they've always been in the wider squad the whole time. So no biggie.
Speaker 1: As says Sam Darry, I'm just trying to think if there are any injuries people that have been omitted that we.
Speaker 4: I'd say that Stutu and I agree with and I often agree with the kid or you any but he's come out and said that go overseas, make some money. Yeah, and I tend to agree he's on the outer. If he's not picked for this, then I don't think Robinson's going to pick him. So go to France, mat make make your millions. You've got an all black you've got all black caps under your belt, you get another zero on your value.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just go for it. No, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I agree as well, And I've heard people say this morning, may or may not have been Joe Jerry, it's basically just dropping lip. If you don't get picked and see you go bugger it on going overseas well. Yes, but also the only leverage that New Zealand Rugby has over these players is the black jersey. Yeah, and so if they're saying we're not going to give you the black jersey, well, what's the leverage there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the negotiations over.
Speaker 4: And you've only got a very limited window. Oh were near it? The peaking your powers playing rugby, it's about four or five years really, particularly in the forwards and loose forwards. So you've got to go make You've got to go make your crust somewhere. And if it means overseas, and I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't blame him if he goes over and plays in Toulon or Toulouse or whatever in France and does well for himself for the next four or five years, come back, plays a couple of seasons in Japan and then Petsville Counties and makes a bajillion dollars go for it.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'd probably be disappointing to him. But you know, this isn't the first time a player has just been stuck behind. You know, some really good players like Wallace Steitis comes through. Now he's behind ARTI who you know, some would say, is the best, if not one of the best players in the world. How many how many flankers had to go overseas because of Richard mccaugh, How many first fives had to go overseas because of Dan Carter? You know what I mean that this happens in professional rugby. It is a little bit unfortunate. And he's not far off, you know it must be.
Speaker 4: Would have been weird from getting blindsided though, like part intended, I couldn't. But Satiti literally has come out of nowhere. He's like, yep, I'm swearting. Holy shit, who's this guy?
Speaker 3: Hoskin Situtu?
Speaker 1: You know, one super rugby had himself, had himself a blinder and and then all of a sudden wasn't picked. And to be honest, like it could have been a different coach and he could be in there. He could be the starting number eight. You know, it's not it's not due to a lack of lack of effort. But yeah, I agree, go and make your money. Yeah, go make you millions. I wouldn't be shocked if he stuck around for another year and was like, let's see how we go. You know, I reckon I could make it but would you wait around for a whole World Cup cycle?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I think when your values at them, when you're at the peaky value, Yeah, I agree. The Australians have named the rugby lu team as well. Straight off the back of the Grand Final, Mitch Barnett was named in the Australian team as well. Friend of the show, dear, friend of the show. He is one of the many debutantes. Has been a bit of an overhauled squad. So Nathan Cleary's not in there because he's apparently going to need surgery. I was wondering that because I looked at the squad, I was like, Cleary, who's better than him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Australian skipper, the incumbent skipper, James Tedisco has been dropped outright drops so Dylan Edwards is going to be the starting fullback. It was the Panthers fullback. And they've also dropped both State of Origin captains Jack Travoyevich and Daily Cheery Evans.
Speaker 3: Neither of them have made the team.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because Daily Cheer Evans has been the skipper of Australia as well and for the longest time he has been like basically of his fit. Yeah, you're going to have him in there, So he's gone as well. So it's a bit of a shake up for Australian rugby league.
Speaker 4: Is this the result of their pants down threshing last year at the hands of the Kiwis it could well be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Melmanning is now in charge of the whole outfit. Yeah. Maybe he's just like, nah, I'm gonna pick the dudes. I want maybe the end of it for poor Daily Chair Evans about thirty six years old.
Speaker 4: He does, but he does it.
Speaker 3: He ages very well.
Speaker 4: It's like Dan Carter. Yeah, Dan Carter doesn't seem to age. It's those dudes who have like an incredible kicking game. So it's not like he has to try and step dudes all the time.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: All he does is kick a couple of forty twenties in a season, you know, kick at ninety percent conversion rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's alway laughing.
Speaker 1: And just finally before we do get to Neil Bard's differend Ellie Williams and the Auckland FC conglomerate, yeah, are putting together a bid to revamp Western Springs. What they want to do is turn it into the hub of football in Auckland. So they want to they would have to bin off the motor game's ring. Yeah, that's that's the clincher though, Well maybe you could see there's a few other places that they're proposing to send that out, so like why could I a speedway and there's a couple of other different parts there. It would mean the revamp there would mean that you can't use it for cricket, not that they have forrageous but it would turn it into because they want it to be the home of football in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: It all say, is the home of the ponsom rugby club.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So they were proposing to move them out to Coxas Bay, which was halfway between my house.
Speaker 3: And the viaduct.
Speaker 4: When we got let out of that lockdown, remember one hundred and twenty seven day lockdown. We got lead out of that. I blacked out and passed out at Cox's Bay. Ah, so that's where that is, quite low lying Coxas baye. It very polluted little bay there. I don't know if Cox's Bay is big enough to house Ponsomby rugby. It's a big rugby club. Is that yeah, I don't know if that's big enough. Anyway, maybe they should put it in Ponsonby Vac Park.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 4: That you put it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, the long short of all of this is it could.
Speaker 1: Change the whole stadium debate because if they're putting a ball stadium in there, that the part of the proposition is that it would house some of the rugby games as well.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the same size. Could this be the answer to our to our debate?
Speaker 4: I love how it's Ali Williams, Ali Williams. Five years ago we were shut up Arli Williams. But he's married to a billionaire, yes, and he's gone into business in the Aukland f C another billionaire. So that's the only people that are actually going to make shit happen because we can shout to the clouds as long as the day is long to about VIC Park into a test cricket ground, but we're never going to do it because we've got no cash behind us any cloud.
Speaker 3: As a person, he's a person, we've got nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know as an organization, the a SEC is floundery financially. I like as thinking Ali Williams but he's just going to come up against some so much bureaucratic bullshit with the Council that it'll get the life sucked out of it, and like most good ideas, will get to a point where he'll go, fuck this. I can't be fucking bothered.
Speaker 1: This is the thing that I noticed every time I go overseas is how many rules we have here in New Zealand for such laid back people.
Speaker 3: We love a rule.
Speaker 4: Because we listen to the minority. We need to get I've talked U about this with Jeremy. We need to get to a population of about ten million before we can tell the minority to shut the fuck up around these rules and about what we can and can't do or can't say. And they just get too much.
Speaker 1: They get too much sheer voice. Yes, because the rest of us don't give a shit. We need someone to come up with the rules and someone else do it. I can't really be our on the beach if you don't mind. And then the guys who loved it I want to do it, and then we just tolerate it. We're like, what's the latest one?
Speaker 2: You tell me this morning?
Speaker 3: I told you this morning.
Speaker 1: New World's binning five hundred Milkraft beer cans. They're going to sell through this stock and then stop selling them. The problematic drinkers in our communities are not drinking five hundred mil crafties.
Speaker 3: Because they are about seventeen dollars. That's right for that one can. That's right. That is not how you get yourself tragically wasted.
Speaker 4: What kind of brainstorm were they in when they said, what's the problem. It's the big cans? So no, No, I can buy twenty four cans, yes of something.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's and if I'm looking to get wasted, That's how I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But because the five hundred milk can is just the perfect midweeker. Yeah, if you're on your way home, you can buy a loose five hundred mil crafty. You only have to have one of them. Yep, you know you're not getting it'll just get you on the level on a Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice, fealthy, kind of strong, six point seventy perfect fit's perfectly into a pint glass.
Speaker 3: That's right. You're not sitting around drinking six of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because if you crack two other can, two small cans, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, well, This was my idea for when and I've pitched this to several breweries and it was a one five hundred milk cans about seven percent.
Speaker 4: It was called home Wrecker. Yeah, I think I think the name was the one that Achilles heel.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. But it was like I figured, you know, I'm not a father, but I've been around a lot of fathers. In fact, I have one.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you're a father, you can't come home and be seen to crush six beers on a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, but you can have one. And yeah, that's true because that the repetitive sound of cans opening, yes, and in the windows. Yeah, that triggers. That triggers a lot of partners. I mean in the weekend, for example, we had quit a big Friday night and then on Saturday morning and the head snapped around. But I was actually drinking a Vista, so I snapped around. But the fact that that triggered a reaction, yeah is saying something. So you're right, just one yeah is better than that's right. Like I heard on the plane when flying over with you and Joe jury behind.
Speaker 6: Me, we.
Speaker 1: Found that you could play blackjack on the back of the screens against each other. Yes, and then there were all these other people coming in and we were like, okay, our mission is to run the table against the rest of the cabin that we're in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're playing against like four or five other people that all of a sudden, a new person we come in, and we got to the point where we wiped everyone out. We're sitting there so stoked with ourselves, cheersing, and then we found out they were actually computer players.
Speaker 3: We weren't barking against the real people. We were like, fuck you sixty seven c Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Were just playing against each other. We'd clean the whole a three eighty out of our poker players. But no, it was just me and Joe playing against the computer for about three hours, crushing the All right, let's take a quick break and we come back.
Speaker 3: We got Barnsy from the Tartanaky Bulls.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: All over the weekend. They took the shield off Tasman.
Speaker 1: They now get to lock it away for the rest of the summer, but they still have a job to do with the quarterfinals coming up this weekend and joining us as the coach of the Tartanaky Bulls barnsy Neil Barnes, Good morning mate, how are spirits around the camp this morning?
Speaker 6: I've only seen them for a little bit, they've just been over to gym. But it was very broken day yesterday. Obviously we celebrated pretty hard on Sunday night and their travel plans got thrown into bloody disarray because we've got halfway home to Wellington now. Flights and New Plymouth got canceled, so stuck at Wellington, three different flights to Auckland back to Plymouth. The boys can get back of that four o'clock yesterday. But mate, they're tired of hangover, so they should be. But now it's about getting back up. We've got a quarterfinal that we're pretty serious about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it must be. It must be quite difficult now because obviously you've you've got you've got the shield for the summer, you've locked it away in the cabinet for the summer and now you've got to refocus and move into the knockout stages of the NPC.
Speaker 3: Howre you going to how are you going to focus? The fellers?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm one of those coach that shoots from the hip a little bit off theel. The room. But for me, the hardest part is to treat the shield with the respect it deserves. With your community as well. Obviously, you know they want to celebrate it as well, and it'd be nice to get out there amongst the schools and that with a shield at the moment. But for me in our room today, we've got to you know, celebrate what we did because it was a pretty good effort and then put it to be other people deal with that and get back into what we've set out sights on in the quarter final side of things. And we know we've got Whyekadow, which like our neighbors, and they're a bloody awesome crew and they rested a fair number of their players on the weekend and got a few all blacks coming in, so they're going to be up for it. So it's another mighty challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, just going back to the shield, weren't And so you guys flew from Tasman to Wellington. Then what happened The flight got canceled from Wellington.
Speaker 6: But the unfortunate thing is like we couldn't even bloody have a beer with the tas And boys after we had to get to an airport straight away, and because we were supposed to be flying straight back, but then we got stuck in Nelson Airport for two and a half hours. I got no idea why, but obviously the boys went upstairs into the courier of enginemed their fridges for them their that alcohol was getting old. They were in great space by the time we got to Wellington. So I take my head off to our managery at a hell of bed or keeping them together. Yeah, then we were probably stuck there for another two and a half hour, was trying to sort out where the hell we were going to sleep to the night and getting all our team geared there. So she hasn't mean beer and skittles for the management side of it, but the players had a ball and so you just.
Speaker 3: Basically just travel throughout the night to get back the next morning.
Speaker 6: Well, we traveled to Wellington on the night of the game and then had to get accommodation in Wellington for the night, and then we had to be flying to all come back to New Plymouth, which involved three different flights. This guy's hanging around the airports for a whole day, So yeah, it takes the gloss off things. But man, it's just one of those things you need to get through it. Like I said before, like the job there is to find out what we can learn from it that game down there, because it was a pretty special day because the log would deserve sath and just refocus.
Speaker 3: Was there a bit of a reception at the airport when you finally made it back to the neck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was. Actually, I'm so proud of our people. They're so supportive. So yeah, the airport was full when they got back in. The thing is the public had no idea because not did we what time we were going to get back. I had to be on an earlier flight on my own and got back and there were kids in that waiting at the airport then in the first part of the day, and I felt so bad because I walked in the door and they're like, where's the player? You got some ninety year old dinosaur in the room. I don't really want to see me.
Speaker 3: What is the state of the shield at the moment? I trust it's all in one piece?
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, mate, JJ our young lucid prop got the role of looking after it, and he did a grand job. Yeah, the boys obviously enjoyed the night, but you know, We had a lot of respect for that trophy, so don't worry about that it didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, and you've got it. It's a home quarter this week in against the Wakato.
Speaker 3: Boys, is that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Absolutely? And a lot of them are teammates of our guys in Super rugby as well, so we all know each other at the bench are involved. But you know this is serious shit. Now we're actually playing for an opportunity to be in the semi and then the opportunity to be in final. That's pretty special. So the exciting times I'm wrapped away. The competition's panning out freaking hell. There's eight teams there and an idea. Anyone to tell me who's going to win any of the quarterfinal games?
Speaker 4: Speak anyway? Is this one of the one of the tightest NPC competitions you've seen in a while, because other games I've watched have been absolutely cracking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that too. There's two things in it you can't You can't tell before a game who's going to win. Anybody can beat anybody, but the quality of the rugby's been outstanding. There's a real attacking mindset and NPC at the moment which I'm thoroughly enjoying, and so it's entertaining. The fact that you don't know who's going to win makes it exciting. I just want the competition respected for what it is and given the window it needs to have, because I felt so bad for Tasman that they had to play two shield games in a storm week leading into the quarterfinals. And why so we can have a game against Japan or have a all back B team go and play a game. I mean, get real, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say, and he's going on Rugby traded as an afterthought, but you're right. This should be our premiere provincial competition and you know, and leave the franchise stuff to the Super Rugby. But I definitely feel like this year the regions have been more in behind their teams because I think as New Zealanders we feel more affinity to our NPC team than we do to our Super Rugby team. I don't really know exactly why. But are you expecting a sell out this weekend at Yero Stadium.
Speaker 6: I'll be very surprised at the place. Saint Paul. Yeah, it's just one of those ones that we only pick players from our club competition, and yes I will go outside the province if we're seriously short somewhere, but very very reluctant to do so. So I just understand what NBC is. Therefore, you're there to develop players for the professional game and to provide an opportunity for them to play at a higher level. So I'm wanting to go to the next cab off the rank in regardless of who that person is, because I know I've done a lot of work with them during the club season and trust them. So you can't do that if you've got no coaches around during during the club season, because nowadays unions can't afford ever coach around. But I'm lucky to be in a union that supports that.
Speaker 4: Nice Neil Barnes, I know you've got to You've got to got the team gathered there. You're just going to go through a bit of a review of the weekend. But we've got a bit of admission to make in the acc studios here, we we have a piece of your property. We have your chiefs Rugby Social blazer in our studio with your name emblazoned on the inside. Yeah we do.
Speaker 3: I've got the Chief Social Committee. It's the black, red and gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the kind of black red and gold stripe blazer with the gold buttons and on the inside it has Neil Barnes and we're.
Speaker 3: Like, how did we?
Speaker 4: How did we?
Speaker 3: How did we get this piece of property?
Speaker 4: And I still actually don't know.
Speaker 3: Have you been looking for it?
Speaker 6: Neil?
Speaker 3: Did they tell you they were giving it to us?
Speaker 6: They were that happy to get rid of me. They've just given all my property.
Speaker 4: I think you can blame it on Kent Curry, actually, I think he was the one that may have did it to us. But I wear it for every Chiefs game I commentate, actually, and it really passes off any other team we play with that blazer.
Speaker 3: Hey, Neik, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: And for those of you who want to see Barnsey at his best, I know you've talked about it before. That on Netflix is the six Nation Six Nations full content from last year. I know you obviously copped a bit of ship for that because you have caught you on the hot mic several times coaching Italy and with I love it. I think it's great. It's a real breath of fresh air when you've got a kiwi because you're you're.
Speaker 3: A distinct accent, sticks out like dogs balls. I was like, it's a Kiwi. Oh, it's fucking Barnsi.
Speaker 4: It's like Barns again stuck into the Italians. It's great, it's great stuff. So congratulation of that. I know you've you were, You're quite world famous here for a while, probably still are.
Speaker 6: I'm just a farmer boys.
Speaker 3: Just one last question before you before we let you go.
Speaker 1: Obviously don't want to look too far down the track, but you have got the shield sewing up. Last year South Canterbury won Heartland and they weren't able to get up to Hawk's beta challenge for the shield. If they're in a similar situation at the end of this year, do you reckon you'll you'll maybe.
Speaker 3: Meet them halfway so that the Heartland can challenge for the shield.
Speaker 6: If they're willing to fill my fridge, anything's possible.
Speaker 3: We can help you with that.
Speaker 4: Where we can help.
Speaker 1: Exports sponsor that. I think between the three of us we can probably figure something out.
Speaker 6: Thank you, curry out of that fridge.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for your time this morning.
Speaker 1: Go well this weekend against wait Ketto and I'm sure all the listeners here will be watching along this weekend.
Speaker 3: So yeah, go well, thanks very much for your time, Matte.
Speaker 6: Good luck on the problem fellows. Go well.
Speaker 1: I was always good to have the reigning defending shield holder on. Barnes is such a great news yander.
Speaker 4: God, he's a great New Zealander, just so also so honest about the fact that he's got a to the mildly hungover that he's got to refocus into a quarter final this weekend.
Speaker 1: I know, I said before we went on here, I said to him pretty relaxed reviews today, wouldn't it, because you reckon, We've got alf the class are still hungover from Sunday and we've got a quarter final coming up this weekend. Oh yeah, true, it's five days away. I know what day is today, Tuesday. Yeah, And as we said, massive slate of games this weekend. I mean she's quite looking forward to that. We are selling the ute. If you haven't heard already, Auto Trader want you to tell New Zealand about your car. The US has to help them and so we are taking the lead. We're selling our ute. It is a nineteen ninety eight Ford Falcon Ute.
Speaker 4: YEP.
Speaker 3: It is a straight six engine which is humming at the moment when you.
Speaker 4: Put your foot down. Just the rumble that comes out us. It's heartwarming.
Speaker 1: It's a head turner. It's a big bet of equipment, bench seat across the front which we've just had redone. Yep, she's she's a different color. There'll be video out to explain all of the things that we've done to soup it up. One thing I would mention, and you know, I think it's important to be transparent when you're selling your car.
Speaker 3: The tray does smell like Sultan vinegar.
Speaker 4: Which is better than dog shit or cat person.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. It's not a bad smell. And the tray is quite good.
Speaker 4: If you're a builder, or you're in any sort of trade and you've got expensive equipment. It has a lockable tray slides out and you can put stuff here. If you're looking to shift anything big, it's useless for that.
Speaker 1: Although there is across the top of the trade is a bit of plywood, so you can put something on top of that and struck them down.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what it's perfect for is you.
Speaker 1: Back that thing up at the local rugby league grounds and watch the pantsman play league and you sit on the tray.
Speaker 4: It's perfect for that.
Speaker 1: You fill the little slide out draw with beers and you just slide it out, grab yourself a beer, slide it back and it is a really impressive piece of kit and we are selling it all thanks to the Great New Zealanders Auto Trader. We all the proceeds are going to go to the Great New Zealand Is at November. So they're saying it's one of the great own goals of all time because I drive that thing to work most days.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it is a little bit, but we're working on a replacement. Any vehicle sponsors out there who want us to jump on board, yeah, let us know.
Speaker 3: Here's an opportunity for you.
Speaker 1: But to make sure that it's got the best chance to sell, we've gotten a rewrapped and gloss black. The seats rearpolsed. As I said, it is delightful, great for the posture as well on the bench seat and we made a shine with a proper clean It looks like a completely different ute than the one that we initially bought for a dollar. Look out for our Ford Falcon this November on Auto Trader and of course Tell New Zealand about your car.
Speaker 3: Another thing we need to tell New Zealand about is the book is out.
Speaker 4: Yes, the ACC ten Year Sports Almanac Book, hardcover book is out today, available today. We went out and signed three hundred copies yesterday, my god, out at Mighty Ape. You've got a touch on that actually, and the CEO of Mighty Ape game you are whipping on the table tennis table beforehand.
Speaker 1: And then we had to sign three hundred books. And that's when I became aware that I actually don't have a signature.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I also was signing at G lane, which is not my normal signature, and I occasionally got the yips and signed half my proper one half because my probably name is James Michael Lane. Yes, so my signature is James Lane. But you can't so I put G lane. But then halfway through I get the yips on the G and the alans. Couple of them are a couple of them are not tidy.
Speaker 1: For anyone out there has not written their signature three hundred consecutive times.
Speaker 4: Boy, do you get the yips? I was slicing them, hogging them. I chunked a couple of them well, and I made I made the stupid decision to do a gag at the start and drew a cock on balls on every signature. Yea, and I had to commit to the gag, so I drew three hundred cocks on the six hundred balls. Six hundred balls.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: But you can get those signed copies if you go to Mighty Ape, search acc Almanac or Alternative up and the book will come up, and it's on a special, a launch special at City five ninety nine, which is fucking cheap.
Speaker 3: Look it's a big book. Yeah, it's a big hard cover book.
Speaker 4: And I and you'll and you'll probably get a signed copy because I've got three hundred of them that they so the next three hundred they sell on there, you'll get that. But you can get it from any good bookstores, wet calls, paper plus anywhere.
Speaker 1: And about five of those pre orders have Lane's actual signature on it. So if you wanted to forge it for anything totally is, you've got a five and three hundred chance of getting that. I was wondering if the ones that we signed would be half priced because we've yeah, significantly devalued.
Speaker 4: I think so, yeah, I mean that probably kind of kind of white out ours and leave Jeremy Wells is in there. Yeah, that's probably the most valuable one.
Speaker 1: I would say thirty five bucks. I reckon forty is about the sweet spot for a Christmas present. Yeah, you know, I wouldn't want to spend you know, you can't put a price on love, but if you had to be about forty bucks.
Speaker 4: This is a great gift for the hard to buy for because any any kind of dude over the age of kind of thirty thirty five, it's quite hard to think what to buy them, because they by themselves here yeah I think they want yeah, and it's like a fuck, whatld I get them?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: And usually you default into some sort of voucher, rebel sport voucher, or some sort of west Fields, yeah, west Fields or something. But this is perfect. It's got all of our west stories, our best stories, oral histories, heaps of pictures.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. You peir that up with a twelve pack of export Ultra, wrap that up. That's Christmas sorted.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Because either the.
Speaker 1: Men in your life or woman knows and likes the alternative commentary collective, or they know and hate the alternative comment at which point it's a gag gift.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They love these guys for fuck that. So yeah, that's I'm saying right now, right now, go and get it. Yeah, turn this podcast off and go and get it, and then come back and listen.
Speaker 2: To yours please, yours please, brought you by Leader of the List.
Speaker 3: On a couple to get through today. First call here, yours please.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say it hasn't gone unnoticed that Lane has managed to shirk all of us.
Speaker 4: Scoorehol those possibilities, gets back from Europe and suddenly he goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what, actually I need to help out on the morning show. I need to go and fill in for them.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to be gone for the next couple of days in the morning, so you can drop the kids off to where they're gone.
Speaker 6: I'm bidding it's home and.
Speaker 4: The house is empty.
Speaker 6: Heads to himself. Did this well well played?
Speaker 4: Mate? Okay, it's definitely gone noticed. I'll tell you that. I just you know, we peek behind the curtains. It's definitely gone noticed. Has been noted. It has been noted. Okay, so I have not got away with this. That's not like some sort of perfect crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because obviously the drop off you're doing breakfast at the moment with Jerry on Hidaky. The drop off, yeah, that is out of the question. There's no drop off, but there's a pickup. There's a pickup every afternoon. Oh yeah, oh yeah, No, no, which is more punishing the morning drop off or the afternoon pick up.
Speaker 4: I prefer the pick up, actually, yeah, because the drop off involves you've got to make all the lunches. So it's three lunches, you've got to make, get them dressed, breakfast dressed, T give you got your books. So yeah, all that ship sounds and in summer comps you got your sunscreen on your Yeah, all that ship. But the pick up is like yo, getting the fucking car. He's a cookie years yeah yeah, but yeah, at least what the drop off.
Speaker 1: There is a finish line, you know, this is true, they're gone, yeah, whereas the pickup could often start.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, I I can do both, but I do the pick up for the pick up. And look, this may shock you to the core, Yes, but I make the lunches every morning.
Speaker 3: No, I know you have told me this. It's my Olympic sports.
Speaker 1: It was your ringing endorsement for suit or if you dream when you were sick, I made all of the kids lunches. You made scones, muffinedokies, cookies.
Speaker 4: I was high as a kite.
Speaker 3: I was so hyper. God bless and bringing back for dream, God bless?
Speaker 4: What's Seymour? And how that would help me? Like a ton of back. That helped me at one hundred miles an hour? That pseudo.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, it saved my ears when we're in the overseas, when I got the bender flu after October fish.
Speaker 4: Oh, you've got the October fist packs. Remember he was selling fist packs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that had sudo for drin, isn't it. But yeah, that saved me. So yeah, No, it hasn't gone unnoticed at or it has gone very notice. One more caller here, you're speeze.
Speaker 3: A few follows.
Speaker 5: Know that Southby's facing the knack Neck. Why don't you start fundraising now? The Knacknack's got a good port. South Canterburys must be close to the water somewhere, can get a boat.
Speaker 6: I don't think about the navy.
Speaker 3: That's that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: Get a fairy leaving from Caroline Bay, Caroline Bay up to the port of Tartanaki.
Speaker 1: Yep, A great we put down there in South Canterbury, bottom of the port loop no and dogging spot down there, so you know something for everyone down there. The problem you'd have to do is that Tartanuki is on the west coast. South Canerby is on the east coast, so you're gonna have to cross the straight yeah, in some sort of rackety old fer It's a dodgy stretch of water too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rough, it's a nice idea, but I think probably.
Speaker 4: The flight from what christ Church to this christ.
Speaker 1: Church tomorrow to Wellington you can do. Yeah, okay, you have to if you want to go to but if they bust.
Speaker 4: A christ Chitch, I could just do christ Church to Tartanaki direct.
Speaker 3: I think so. But I think that's worth a trip.
Speaker 4: I love Tanaki. Yeah, you get down there for a weekend and we could probably commentate that game, isn't she.
Speaker 1: The only the only problem is this is an early crow. This if ever there's a jinks that I've heard of, it is starting to plan the trip.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they haven't wony, they haven't won, and they went close against West coast.
Speaker 1: I think it was forty three thirty eight on the weekend, so you don't want to get too ahead of yourself, but we did. Like Barnesy said, if we fill their fridge, they'll come and meet South Canbrian Wellington.
Speaker 4: What's halfway Wellington?
Speaker 1: I think Wellington only because the straight crossing is the yeah, and although is it a shield challenge if Tartanuki aren't in Tartanuki.
Speaker 3: Well they can.
Speaker 4: They can decide that you can take the shield on tour.
Speaker 1: That's that's their call. I think Wellington Caketon fill that thing out easily. Fillers fridge. Oh yeah, well this this is the thing we've been saying. We can't do much. What we can do is provide beer, a lot of beer. And so if we fill Neil barnes fridge, he'll meet South Canabriyan Wellington. We'll have the the Shield Challenge there and then for the first time in a long time, the Shield will be in the Heartland Championship for at least a year, which would be wild.
Speaker 3: All right, that'll do it for today. We'll not sing on the head. We'll be back tomorrow for a Wednesday edition of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: Will see you in you've been listening to the ACC's Agenda podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio off you get your podcasts