Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for October the third.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Culture.
Speaker 1: Mashallah, I have returned from the Lahaibi. I'm back from my foray into the desert. I landed yesterday at about lunchtime. I'm struggling to readjust how many Western.
Speaker 3: Life, how many people came up to you and just unloaded an Arabic to you.
Speaker 1: The first day I got there, I made sure I went and got my haircut. I got the bed tightened there, I got the tight fade going on. A Syrian gentleman cut my hair, either.
Speaker 4: Syrian or Lebanese. When it comes to the barbers in the Middle.
Speaker 1: East, yeah, Moroccan, any sort of North Africa Arab state, they'll sort of cut your hair and sort you out.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: So then, but I was in Dubai at that stage, so not a lot of Arab speakers there. It was when I went to Aman and bought the dish that you see me sitting in right now with the traditional head scarff and straight after that, I chucked this on walk straight out everyone, all of the people in the market because they could spot my friends from a mile away and they would say, you know, hello to them, what country are you from? They would just start berating me in Arabic, like.
Speaker 4: How can we wrap these guys off? Yeah? Give us how we wrapped these guys off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's quite funny because in Dubai there is obviously enough Australians and we for all intents and purposes, when we're overseas, we are Australian that they could spot us, or at least my friends. And we had these guys trying to sell what is it like, perfume and shit like that and spices.
Speaker 4: And as we will past, this guy goes hello.
Speaker 1: It was the funniest like impersonation of an Australian that I've ever heard Hello. It was actually fucking terrifying. So we didn't buy anything off the habibi there. I went over to Oman, which was like proper the people that em meant to Dubai. It's basically Disneyland meets Las Vegas. It's crazy and no one there is actually from there. Everyone's on the run from something. Yeah, yeah, that's the feeling I get. Definitely running from something. I think something like listens, twenty percent of the population in Dubai from Dubai em.
Speaker 4: Rai it's way less than that. Yeah, it might be about ten.
Speaker 1: So anyway, went over to Iman, proper Arabic country. They dubbed me Manaya been Raushi el shit in the wadi because you you shit in the wadi because I've developed a rash. You talked yesterday on the podcast about how when I'm away on the road, I developed like I look like Imperor Palpatine. By the end of it, I'm rashy. My eyes are sunk it into the back of my head. So by the time I showed up to Iman, that's what I looked like. And I had some sort of stomach as you're going on as well as like, hi am going to ship in the waddy, which is like a desert oasis thing that you go swimming in.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So then I flew back yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you and Jerry talked about it, but that seventeen hour flight is savage.
Speaker 4: It's just there's something about you forget about it after a while. It's like child burst. It is. Yeah, you don't forget the pain of it.
Speaker 1: The first six hours, seven hours fly by and you're like, I'm doing well here, and then it just grinds to a halt.
Speaker 4: From there, it's like a I don't know, like a time chamber. Do you have any good neighbors?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my neighbors. I had these fucking hell I could see them. They were so you could spot them. Everyone sitting on the plane as these two guys were getting on, was like, please not me, Please not me, Please not me.
Speaker 4: Because he walked straight past me.
Speaker 1: He was like staring at the numbers, clearly had no idea where the fuck he was sitting, walked straight past me, had an argument with the guy about six rows behind me, realized he was in the wrong, came back, sat down next to me, as like fucking we go. They couldn't figure out They didn't speak a loack of English, couldn't figure out the display thing in front of them, so they never watched.
Speaker 4: The guy watched the raw dog. No, he didn't rule dog.
Speaker 1: It the only thing he could figure out as the default channel on Emirates as like an Emmorati propaganda channel. Yes, and he got stuck on that with no headphones and just watched the hat for sixteen he busted out a book. So an hour and a half into the flight, my man reaches over to grab a juice over the top of me and just tips orange juice all down my leg.
Speaker 4: I'm like, fuck, beauty, here.
Speaker 1: We go then, because the sun was up, but everyone was starting to go to sleep, so they you know how, they put the blue lights on and blah blah blah, everyone's going to sleep. My man couldn't figure out the light, so he just opened his curtain and just blinded about seven people. I had to explain to him how to get the light going, had to shut the fucking thing. And so then we got about six hours left in the flight. We get served a meal. He tries lifting it up and eating it, and he just tips sauce again down my leg. And then what I didn't know was all over the blanket that I had sleeping. So it wasn't until I tried picking the blanket up again that I found tomato sauce all over as like fucking hew.
Speaker 4: Soon as we got.
Speaker 1: Off the plane, I could see these guys being like, where do we go?
Speaker 4: How do we blah blah blah. I was like firelock eyes with them.
Speaker 1: They're gonna ask me to help them, and after the sixteen hours they just put me through.
Speaker 4: They can get fucked. I'd actually get I just had half.
Speaker 1: Of mine to try and get them deported, just like, hey, we don't need these guys in here.
Speaker 4: So we get off the plane.
Speaker 1: We go through customs, and I'm like, anytime I go overseas, it's customary to bring the tobleron back into the office. You'll notice they weren't any today. It's not because I didn't buy any I did. Let me tell you, they're doing a two for one deal at customs at the moment Doug Get sucked them by forty eight Bucksits for two toblerones. They'll throw one in for free, but fuck, you're still spending fifty bucks on chocolate. So I buy those. I go to film my declaration card out go to get my back. I bump into Mitch Mcleanigan, who was on my flight. He was doing commentary for like one of the world feasts over there. I see Adam Milne was on my flight. Jacob Duffy was on my flight as well, so I guess they'd all been over there with the black Caps and then came back.
Speaker 4: Mitch was in cattle class with me.
Speaker 1: Jacob and Adam were not presumably in first class because they look fresh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the rest of them came back last night on a later flight.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, okay, yeah, So anyway, I go over and have a yander. Mitch grab my bag and then he goes, do you have to declare all that chocolate you brought us?
Speaker 4: Funk? Where is it?
Speaker 1: And I realized I'd put it down when I filled my declaration card went back to find it. Someone buddy swiped it. Ah, and I was like, I'm not paying another fifty bucks. Seve on the office can get fucked. But I have heard that they've had You've had plenty of No, we bought the tabla. Okay, when'd you guys get back Friday?
Speaker 3: Friday morning? Oh Friday afternoon. Yes, we had the week into convalesce. Yeah, but we're still We're still on Struggle Street. But like I say, a lot of people say a lot of people will be thinking crime River.
Speaker 4: Oh rightly.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to touch on the bend to flow off the back of October fist because I've seen people post on socialmediate that they've had it as well.
Speaker 4: It's definitely a thing. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But thankfully in Dubai this very very little restrictions on what over the countermedications you could buy. So I was on like weapons grade puto if you dreamed for that whole week.
Speaker 4: Did you bring some bag? Yeah? I did.
Speaker 1: I put it in my bag, so I'll give you some of that as well. It's great you could get It's basically myth and fetament, the stuff that they've got over there. You just get mythed up and you're just away. It's a miracle drug.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: I was outraged that we had banned it for so long. It's actually the only thing that genuinely fixes you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only thing that makes you soldier on. Yeah, you're away laughing.
Speaker 1: So I got home. I tried to stay up as long as I could. Last night, crashed out, died, work up. This morning five am. Cat brought a rat into the house.
Speaker 4: There's a gift for you, you've missed you. Here's a giant street.
Speaker 1: It was a big barsard too. I don't know where he got it from or how he got it over the fence and up and into the house, but yeah, what have I missed over the last sort of three or four days that the.
Speaker 3: It was the victory lap while they're still going on radio herd Aki finishes tomorrow.
Speaker 4: There's five laps. They've done five long laps, but the.
Speaker 3: Last lap is tomorrow. But I suppose the big news was the Saudi resignation. Yes, that happened in the same hotel room as the Ross Taylor boning in gaul before they flew out some demons in that hotel. And also the beef, the beef that's starting between Ireland and the All Blacks which started with Johnny sex Pess's book, and another Irish players weighed in saying that Rique's a piece of shit and Johnny Sexton's the greatest gift to rugby.
Speaker 4: So it's adding some real spice to that.
Speaker 3: The next game against Ireland on the November the night on the Northern Tour on the Northern Tourist, so that's.
Speaker 4: Kind of ramping up.
Speaker 3: And this old Irish player only played six tests for Ireland, but he's weighed on some shitty podcast uh and way and just basically piled in on you. I saw that, So that's going to be it's going to be interesting when goes on that way too, because he's the kind of guy who's not gonna he's not gonna go sorry guys, sorry, he is going to double down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred. It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good for the game. But this is what we could play about with rugby. I know, like it's so boring. We don't know the players very well.
Speaker 3: But it has to wait until a book in a retirement, this is the thing. It has to wait into a book.
Speaker 4: And he didn't.
Speaker 3: They could have come out with that at the post match press conference. Yeah, yeah, it just got buried that there was just a bit of a bet of tour and for everyone knew that. Brady said four more years. Went to Peter Marney who called sam Kin a ship. Richie McCall, Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: We love that ship. That's that's what we thrive on. Everyone a gentleman's game. It's like, you know, come on, we need to be better than that.
Speaker 1: Because what did you only say to enjoy your retirement you can't, which, yeah I miss your playing, Yeah, I enjoy your retirement. It was a little unnecessary considering you're just beating him. Like if you if you see it at the start of the game, hey tomorrow, don't miss your fly that and enjoy your retirement.
Speaker 4: The start of the game, once he knocked them out.
Speaker 3: It would have been, but there was so much tension in that game, so much tension.
Speaker 4: You would be losing your mind. Even the way it finished. Yeah, that's that was right at the end. There was the penalty.
Speaker 3: It was and even Johnny Sexton's still banging on about the penalty that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, White shouldn't have been a penalty. Get out of here.
Speaker 1: I know, it's ridiculous. Great promo for the book, though, I love.
Speaker 3: Lie buy it though, No, I'll be buying. I'll be buying the a cc Ormanek, which is out.
Speaker 4: On I can't even read is that on Tuesday? Tuesday? It's available in all good bookstores acc Almanek.
Speaker 1: What so, whenever athletes really, and we're not athletes, but whenever athletes released a book, there's always a clip that comes out of it, and except obviously in this instance, particularly in New Zealand, it's the what rico? You only say to him. Sonny Bell's one was the funniest. His one was I didn't love my wife when.
Speaker 4: I married it. We even got a line, have we I know what's what's our one going to be?
Speaker 3: We need to find Let's just say Jason Hoyt threw it on the ground when I gave it to him and said, I told you not to put that in there, and he walked off. I suppose that that said he threw it on the ground.
Speaker 4: He didn't want it. Oh, this is the actual YEA on the ground. So there you go.
Speaker 3: There's the book that Jason Hoyt has one thing to do with. Yeah, and he actually says it on the back. His quote says I want to distance myself, but he literally does.
Speaker 1: I'd like to distance myself as far away from the post as possible from the contents of this book.
Speaker 4: And that is not Yeah, that's not a lie. That is not a lie.
Speaker 3: That was that that quote was a joke. But when we go I gave him the book, he didn't. He's not heavy.
Speaker 4: I think he spent on it.
Speaker 1: I guess you don't get to decide yourself what the what the line is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what the line is? People will find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will find it. That's actually that's true. They'll never flick through. They'll let us know what the quote is. It'll sell us books, it'll sell us books. Yeah, but out Tuesday. Ideal ideal gift for for Christmas. So yeah, it's better too early for Christmas. It's October. No, it's not too for Christmas. It's not too early.
Speaker 3: Do yourself favor great coffee table book. You can pick it up any in any chapter and read. Have a read of it. It's full of the most lunatic stories that we've been up to. There's a few lies in there, but you know, you decide which is which is fact and which is fiction.
Speaker 1: We're about to discuss the delivery we had in the office. Speaking of Christmas presents.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, the Rebel Sport, Yes, e y c range oh man. The The new bat that we've releasing this year is a backyard cricket bat, a plastic hollowed out backyard cricket bat which I can describe as what David Warner uses. Yeah, it's the same shape as a David Water crooker barrough. It's basically thick ass. But it's a key cricket bat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's plastic, just like your picture, your classic plastic cricketyard backyard cricket bat, but is massive.
Speaker 4: It's called the Punisher.
Speaker 1: It's called the punisher, punish you by name, Punisha by nature. Yeah, this is the first thing that you're going to reach for if you are going down to the beach, if you're going down to the bad you see this thing, like yeah, yeah, my cousin, my nephew, my kid is getting cut.
Speaker 3: We've got the entire by C range, actually balls, many mini bats, mini sets, the whole B y C set which we're doing to pay at forward, so everyone you buy, go one goes to charity.
Speaker 4: They're going to all be available end of October at Rebel Sports, so look out for that.
Speaker 3: I'd suggest kind of Black Monday, Black Friday, Cyber Monday is the way to get in those ones.
Speaker 4: They'll go pretty quick. There's a great range, actually it's tremendous.
Speaker 3: We've got the swing balls, we've got soft on the globe ball, there's the reaction ball. Have you seen that one, which is basically shaped like a meteorite and just bounced in the direction.
Speaker 4: So that's quite a good one. We have got your Christmas sorted. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm going to punch a bunch of that ship for my Christmas shopping. Actually, all right, let's talk. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back with some vaguely sports adjacent ship what's going on on New Zealand Rugby League, Auckland Rugbyukland Rugby and New ze Own Rugby League of Wayne In as well.
Speaker 3: So from what I understand, a new CEO came in who and she's gone. She's come from a corporate background and come in and going okay, there's no processes, there's no governance, there's no nothing going on here at Auckland Rugby League, Auckland Rugby League. I wouldn't say wealthy, but they're not too bad off because I've got the Carlor Park Trust which those who don't know where Carlo Park is, it's pretty much downtown Auckland Stanley Street. They sold Carlor Park and the apartments on it now so they made a wad of money.
Speaker 4: So it's where the it is where the.
Speaker 3: Tennis kind of as ye down further towards the water from there. So they they got they set up a trust which has a bit of money in it. So they've got a bit of money floating around. But they've come along and the new CEO has come along and said this is not right. There's dodgy shit going on these conflicts of interest. So she's can mentioned a PwC report, yes, which is not cheap. And so the first thing that the current board have gone now that you're wasting money, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: PwC come back with an initial report, I will tell you who's wasted.
Speaker 3: And so the three of the three board members have been suspended due to just gross conflicts of interest of them using their own accounting firms. One of the employees has been accused of spending one hundred and eighty thousand dollars in fake invoices and credit cards and spending it at scott City. So it's up that it's all a shit show. But then the board of Auckland Rugby obviously Oork Rugby League have appealed to New Zealand Rugby League and New Zealand Rugby League have then sent a note to all of the rugby league clubs in Auckland saying that the current governance of Auckland we're not happy with it.
Speaker 4: Are you the new CEO or this?
Speaker 3: So that's an old boys club going on infid and New Zealand Rugby League said that we don't believe that the current board is viable.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Orka Rugby League come out and you can't govern anything to do with that new zeon Ra but you can go fuck off. And so this battle starting between News and rugby League. But the final PwC report I think has just been released and the chairman of the board is arguing it from Ukaway League. But he's the one that's using his own accounting firm to do the accounts and tens of thousands of dollars of being build to his own company without declaring the conflict.
Speaker 4: It's just messy as all bugglers.
Speaker 1: It's basically what you would expect from a PwC investigation into the alternative commentary.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, where's the checks and balances?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true, but yeah, it's it's probably what needs to happen because rugby league is growing massively in New Zealand and you can't have a mickey mouse operation, especially in Auckland. And that's I think they've just been running it like that and the past is that'll do, it'll do. And I think this new CEO has come in from corporate background goes this is fuck. There's no absolutely no processes, checks and balances in this organization, which actually has quite a bit of cash. And it also details the fuck when they bought the Warriors and lost four million dollars man, yeah, yeah, and the chairman went out on his own, negotiated the deal and board it without consulting the board like shit like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it went shit. They lost four million dollars, which is quite a big amount. It's not nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So apparently there's about seven million dollars that's gone all yeah, allegedly.
Speaker 1: So this is very timely because it needs to be sorted out because you know, the Warriors, despite the disappointing season, they just had still on the up. You would have to say the pendulum is still swinging up. And they just had the deli Am Awards last night. Yes, Keywi's cleaned up, the Supreme Edinvandil Blake was proper the year.
Speaker 4: I know he's back to baby, but were it year back to back? Proper the year.
Speaker 1: Jerome Hughes was the Dali m Player of the Year, which is incredible. He will be the Kiwis halfback. He had a gun season. I think he also benefited from the fact that Cleary was out for a while. Hines was out for a while. His own mate Monster was out for a while, so he had to really pick up there.
Speaker 4: But he was.
Speaker 1: He's been a gun these last few years, so it's incredible to see him just poke his nose out and win it.
Speaker 4: A better podcast would know this. Other keywis that have won the daim Well, Seawan Johnson win it.
Speaker 1: Seawan Johnson's never won. He should have won it last year, but he was pipped at the post by Caleb Ponger, who's also technically a Kiwi. The only Warrior to ever win the Dali m is Roger Tui vas as Shik in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Garry Freeman. Did he ever? I don't think he did. No, I don't think he did. About Benji Marshall. Benji Marshall never won it? No, Okay, so this is quite a big deal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think if Benji Marshall was gonna win, it would have been that year was at five when they won the behind the Back. Yeah, but they happened in the Grand finals, so that the award had already been doled out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this is this is huge. Stoked for Jerome.
Speaker 1: Here's it. He said in his acceptance speech. He never thought he was going to win this and you know you wouldn't he was. He was like a second string fallback that they brought in when Billy Slater was leaving the Storm though, were like, let's just get like five or six dirds and see if any of them can replace him. He was one of them and then he ended up being the half back and yeah, he's balled out this season. Dally am very deserving. Ali Carto, this is always hard to stomach.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He was a warrior just a few years ago and he won Second Rower of the Year. Could have done with them this year?
Speaker 4: Did they pick two second rowers of the year?
Speaker 1: They do? Okay, Yeah, so he was one of them. I forget who the other one was. Crichton Angus Crichton. So yeah, that's what's going on in the National Rugby League. And later on in the podcast, we're going to place a bit on the NRL Grand Final which is this weekend, Yes, Sunday.
Speaker 4: Night nine and Kyzi are on the all on that one. Yeah you'll you'll be right by the Yeah, I'll be okay by them.
Speaker 1: I'll be back, yeah, yeah, I'll be back. What's going on with the America's Cup. Are we are we racing you?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's still the Louis Vitoine. I actually on the flight home watched two races live on the Immirates Live Score. It's quite cool. No, it's six four to Great Britains team over prior to Pirelli. Yeah, the Italian So six four, they only need to win one more because it's the first to seven.
Speaker 4: I think it's the first of seven. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it looks like New Zealand are going to come up against old mate Ben Ainsley, who famously had an argument with Blad Chook member in the s l GP game. You're so arrogant if you win an America's Cup, you think you can do everything.
Speaker 4: Blead tis like, I shut up, dick here.
Speaker 3: So that looks like that, and then that starts, I think in about ten days time with the Actual Americas, Actual America, Actual America's Cup against Enios. I'm presuming any we're going to win unless old Jimmy Spittle has a great comeback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's happened before, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: So do you go six to four, one to go or it could be potentially three.
Speaker 1: We'll pick that back up in ten days when it actually starts in earnest. I saw this announcement come through this morning.
Speaker 4: Did it? Was it just announced today? Lou Vincent's in the Black Clash. Yep.
Speaker 3: Great to see. Great to see Lou Vincent back in the Black Clash. I know he got presented as his black cap hundredth cap a few minuts ago as well, which had been under a desk at a players association for about ten years. Yeah, Pedals gave it to him. Pedals gave it to him. So good to see Lou coming back. The rehabilitation of Lou he got. I think he's got my line massively.
Speaker 4: He got treated. He was the only one who put his hand out and said I've done wrong. I did it.
Speaker 3: I did it, and he got absolutely roasted for it while everyone else, everyone else just ran for the hills. Yeah, didn't answer phones and just lied. So good to see him come back. It'll be good for him. I know he's a he's got a young family now, he's living up North, loving life.
Speaker 4: He's going to a Beetha to play in a charity game. I saw that. It's like a T ten match, and I love this shit.
Speaker 1: I've only just realized in the last sort of like two or three years, what's going on with those old boys games.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is just a piss up. I don't know what it took me so long to figure this out.
Speaker 3: And he's he's still in good neck, he's still got a good eye, even though look it doesn't really matter. I don't really bowl that fast. But I bowled to him in the nets up and kept him oval last year for the November Test match, which has happening again this year in Hamilton, and I bowled a juicy half volley. I hit it so hard back to me that it went past me.
Speaker 4: If I if it had actually.
Speaker 3: Been at my body, I think I would have died because by the time it went passed me, I had no idea and he hit it so hard so would have gone through.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Great to save lou back for the Black players.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they mike him up and we can talk to him on the commentary because he's a good man and he deserves the second chance.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately for him, Chris Gale is playing in the same match, so I think if anyone's getting micd it's definitely Chris Game.
Speaker 4: I know, but Chris Gales on Team Rugby.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so we'll get a couple, we'll get a couple of chances.
Speaker 4: So really, yeah, that drip feeding the teamless through, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Well you've got Vi Tori, you got Karen Reed of the captains, you've got Anton Devsich. Who's going to be in team cricket again, I'd say the Marshalls, Hamish Marshall, and I'm sure why James isn't getting a run, but Hamish's it seems odd. The herey Jeff will probably be there again. I would say for Team Rugby, that kind of drip feed up because I think they really need to get the services of Jock McKenzie, Yeah, from the Auckland.
Speaker 4: One who's playing for both Auckland and the Blues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's quick, he's rapid and he'll put the ships up the cricket players.
Speaker 1: And I think he's playing rugby this year. I'm not sure, or he's not playing cricket one of the two.
Speaker 4: But the game is a bit later.
Speaker 3: It's Jen nineteen and Super Rugby starts two weeks later or three weeks later, so.
Speaker 4: You're probably not getting the run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this is disappointing because then he got Jordy Barrett, who we know can is Philly rapid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Reuben Love has been announced he is playing.
Speaker 3: Okay, well they might, they might, They might loosen that up a little bit.
Speaker 1: He was probably one of my favorite players last year. That catch that he took over the boundary non caul but it wasn't a catch, and he.
Speaker 3: Did annoy people like Jason Spices because he did the gritty afterwards and didn't really and Jason Spice very a man, a man of a man of very simple tastes.
Speaker 1: Was he did the gritty afterwards, and then when they interviewed him, he tried to be all humble about it. Oh, look it didn't count, you know, because my foot went over the rope. So I don't really want to talk about it, Like, hey, there's a ship like this is a bullshit game. Yeah, it doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. Also, you fucking did the gritty after it. Don't pretend that you didn't care that you did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say Jason Spice will be back stuff like that. He played for Team Rugby because he's a handy cricketer.
Speaker 1: What's it going to take for an ACC member to get included in one of the teams.
Speaker 3: I've actually asked us before, but it's too at that stage, is too humiliating.
Speaker 4: How to a dead guy was on there? I know, and that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 3: I knew I'd say that I'm a one hundred times better than And they've asked Jeremy a number of times, but he's he again, he's the same. He's terrified that he's going to go out faceoo ball, get out for gold dark and just get rinse.
Speaker 1: I think what'll be way worse than that would be fielding. Oh yeah, that's another thing. Yeah, because you get older, you just lose all depth.
Speaker 3: Perceptions gone, Yeah, you can't really throw, like I spay a lot of cricket. I pride myself in my catching. Now bull goes up, I'm like, I don't know where that is.
Speaker 1: Nothing rams that point home harder than the trade's living that we played at the start of the year. Eleven drop catches, even drop catches, obviously, I think it was closer to fifteen. But more than that, it was the amount of hamstrings that got to abductors, ham strings and ruins groins here, and the poor physio that was down there.
Speaker 4: She was working.
Speaker 1: Lee Baker described her as fearless, and you would have to be to work on all those middle aged men who yeah, you're right, you see it, and then you can't do it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't think, no, I I think maybe ten years ago. If that cash has started ten years ago, when the acc started, I reckon there had been a few of us that would have been into it, but just been too old and too long in the tooth, So I'd stick to just begging them behind the micro.
Speaker 4: Tickets are on sale for Black Clash. Oh yes, so they're on sale.
Speaker 3: Now, by the way, and there is a party zone again, the Export Ultra Party Zone. There's only seven hundred tickets available for this. For the zone, you've got to get in quick. As part of the ticket, you get a set of the ship expert steat of the ship hat, a party shirt, a sports.
Speaker 4: Here, some snacker Changy's, and a couple of complimentary beers. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So automatically that's about one hundred dollars worth of value for that ticket. So there's only seven hundred. Last year it sold out in two days. So get on the Blacklash dot co dot in z and get onto the party zone. We'll be there running the party zone. It's going to be fucking loose. Get into it, all right, one more quick break, will be right back. Have you seen to get political for a minute. The police are seeking a waiver to charge the partner of an Australian diplomat after a three thirty am altercation.
Speaker 4: Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that. I loved the part a community like. But it's usually it's usually for something that's more politically motivated or but it's not for getting fucking ship face and thrown thrown hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not. It's not immunity.
Speaker 3: Diploamly immuit is not designed for again, ship face and round hands. It's designed for other stuff. So you can't be arrested for potential espionage or yeah, or they can try and coerce you because you're in a country and they will trying to intimidate you with you.
Speaker 4: Know, will arrest you. Yeah, that kind of shit. So I've got immunity. You can't do that. Yeah, not this to stop international incidents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's why that's why the police are applying for the wait for the for the immunity to be waived.
Speaker 1: So it's the husband or partner of an Australian diplomat who was out at three thirty am after the All Blacks game dressed and Wallaby supporters kid as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then just got into a dust up. It's three on a street.
Speaker 1: Diplomatic community.
Speaker 4: How many times he's built that car? Really? Yeah? Well that's the thing. Is this what he does?
Speaker 1: It just goes around and he's just like, no, diplomatic community, you can do whatever I want.
Speaker 3: Well, remember a few years ago there was one particular embassy that racked up about thirty grand's worth of parking fines and they and they pleaded diplantic community.
Speaker 4: They never paid it. So can you just do whatever you want? Pretty much?
Speaker 3: But I think in this case he's lizard after the Yeah, he's got into a fight. It's not really what immunity is designed for. It No, it's not designed to protect bad.
Speaker 1: Behaviors, to protect international relations. Not got on the but which arguably is one of the most Australian things to do.
Speaker 3: I think you should go out in that dish dash and it's caused trouble and it's got BBI.
Speaker 4: I'm only a diploatic community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have diplomatic community from the Sultanate of Omart. Yeah, I'll call the sultan right now. I never did get to talk to shake Mo about the sports Washington. It's having to do it, and I never did get over to Saudi tensions were escalating.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's true. You would have seen a couple of rockets go of your head. I did. Yeah, I did. Got to see the Iron Curtain from a distance.
Speaker 3: It's true because the right where oman Any is in the flight path from Iran to Israel, so they would have gone overhead.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't have gone overhead, but you would have been able to see them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know you're in the mix of when your other When I lived there for two and a half years, I've told the story before, But a huge sandstorm came through.
Speaker 4: Out of nowhere. They're gonna get there, came out of nowhere, and like.
Speaker 3: It wasn't forecasts or anything, because usually they can forecast when there's a win coming or.
Speaker 4: Whip it up.
Speaker 3: And basically it was the movement of troops in Iraq, American movement of troops. They moved so many troops at once that they basically dug up the sand.
Speaker 4: And it blew, and it blew.
Speaker 3: A sandstorm to UAE and we're like, okay, I'm really in the mix of heres come from Iraq.
Speaker 4: And it's from a military movement. Yeah, there were a few. There were a few. Like, I didn't know Al Qaeda was in Yemen. Oh yeah, So I was sad being bombing a shitty yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Americans everyone has been the light and Yemen up and I was not far away from Yman up. Yeah, everyone's having a crack at Yemen. They well, no, it's because they've got they are right on there's that little channel I think what it's called, but it goes up there, the little canal that goes up that side of the Arabian Peninsula, and they have not been getting a scent for any of the boats that are going past them. So it's basically piracy. They've started pirating all the ship Yeah, and so instead of paying them for you know, the right to use their waterways, America's like, what if we bomb the funk out of about that? Yeah, yeah, that's only a couple of hours away from where I was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know if I said this at the top of the podcast, but it was to the point where my mum was ringing my misses and like yeah, as he on his flight, as he left here, I've seen things are heading up in the Middle East. That's all right, mom, I don't know. It's a spicy meat all the whole Middle East. I don't own a pager. I'm fine.
Speaker 4: That's crazy shit as well. Anyway, no reports on it over there for only enough anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, sticking with politics, the MP's credit card statements have been released.
Speaker 4: Have you seen this.
Speaker 1: This is for I think from April to June of this year, Okay, and because the you know, that's our tax funded payments, so they released the statements. The MP's credit card statements. Judith Collins spent the most. She spent ten k and that was mostly on flights and accommodation. She went over to a bunch of different stuff overseas. I'm cool that she's some sort of AI minister. Yeah, that tin is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. Chris Luxon bought a four hundred dollars harmonica from the Rock Shop here in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: There this gift.
Speaker 1: It was a gift for a foreign diplomat who was coming over to beat the shit out of someone, and on Courtney plays.
Speaker 3: At three point thirty in the morning, got in a fight shit harmonica player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where he was out there trying to bust all the shitty harmonica. This one called the sports Minister, Chris Bishop. He went to London and Switzerland. Documents show that he and a staff member traveling with him visited the fast food joint McDonald's three times in three days from.
Speaker 4: March tenth to March twelfth. Well look when you're when you're busy and you're on the move. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: A spokesperson for Chris Bishop said the minister takes seriously his responsibility to be a prudent guardian of taxpayer money. He also really likes fast food. His waistline is proof of that.
Speaker 4: That's quite good. I like that. I do too.
Speaker 1: I'm actually quite but I think Chris Bishop, if you see this video, take yourself to a flash restaurant, man, I think we'd all turn a blind dow.
Speaker 3: Fine, you go to Hitler's favorite restaurant in Munich, favorite Italian restaurant.
Speaker 4: We will send you the address.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, Ravioli. Treat yourself. You're overseas yeah, but look, I mean, good on them. It's quick and it's easy.
Speaker 4: It's nasty.
Speaker 3: He would have gone through the drive to re grabbed himself a filio fish.
Speaker 1: There is something about when you're overseas and you really don't trust any of the food, just going to macas and being like, look, fuck it, let's get it.
Speaker 4: That's like Joe Jury when we're in Dubai airport. He brought the mc rabia. Oh what's involved in that? He didn't know? He didn't like it. I'll tell you. It's not bacon.
Speaker 3: No, he's a lot of lamb in it, a little lambon, beef beef bacon. Have you even tried beef bacon? He probably would have chicken bacon. I tried chicken babon.
Speaker 1: It's trash. Yeah, I was trying to figure out why bacon over here?
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, just quickly while I'm distracted that while we were so, I'm in my full dish dash thing here, which, by the way, I had to buy to go into the mosque.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's not it's not cultural appropriation.
Speaker 1: It's not they make you buy like weir stuff like this. It's rude over there. To wear shorts. Shorts are band in most places you're not allowed to and all I packed the shorts.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna Yes, that's why you eat linen pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I didn't have the linen pants, so I got the candor of the dish, dash the the full get up, wheeled it and we're having breakfast on the way out of Oman and we stopped there and this car just come to a screeching hole beside us. This guy jumped out and he came over. I had to shake your heads. Where are you guys? From where he goes from? From New Zealand. He's like, I saw you guys sitting here when I drove past before. So when I drove past again, I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't stop smiling. I had to come and shake your heads. I saw the swag. I have to introduce myself. It's just four of us, like, clearly Westerners sitting there. Just yeah, local money dude. Just I thought he's here to put the hard cell on us, and he wasn't. He just he's just the swear. Could not stop laughing, could not stop smiling, like.
Speaker 4: The only passing the old dressed as multi Warriors or even just shorts and jandles.
Speaker 1: You know, Stubby's in a singlet and it's just like quite clearly three Arab dudes.
Speaker 4: You're like, I'll be beat. I got to introduce myself.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Ye shout up to Chris By, treat yourself next time you get overseas man, you're with it.
Speaker 4: Just before we knocked this thing on the head, we need a hunch. I think hunch.
Speaker 1: The n r OLD Grand Finals going on this weekend, and you said it's not till Sunday night nine point thirty pm.
Speaker 4: By the time they kick off, it'll be ten. Yeah, I guarantee it. They've got some powerful power players on them.
Speaker 1: One that caught my eye was clearly anytime try scorer and the Panthers to win at six dollars twenty five.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. I think the Panthers our favorites. They're not, they're outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Melbourne Storm a dollar ninety the Panthers a dollar ninety five.
Speaker 4: I didn't even consider that.
Speaker 3: The that I know that the Panthers wouldn't win this, I know same here, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I think that's really juicy. Yeah, and the Melbourne Storm have been rocking and rolling a lot. We said they've got the Delian player of the year in their team, but the you know, three in a row for the Panthers.
Speaker 4: So far, they've lost their front rower though suspension a solem money yeah yeah, no, no, no, he got.
Speaker 3: We've been hunching a storm up because our pot is up over three grand now I saw that. So after this weekend, depending on these a couple of results here, we're going to give that away.
Speaker 4: I'm not we're giving away ready, I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: No, still in the extill there, so we're gonna there's gonna be an almighty like dish up, yeah or dish out dishdash dash coming up there, all.
Speaker 1: Right, just before we knock the thing on the head tomorrow, I reckon, we just run a full yours please.
Speaker 4: There's so many yours pleases expose.
Speaker 1: I just saw the backlog this morning on a logged into my computer, and there are hundreds of them, and I think we need to boil them down because I know a lot of them will be asking the same thing, but they are all about our trip, right, So I think tomorrow, man, you probably won't get hold of Jerry because it's their last ever show tomorrow, so I think tomorrow we just sit down full expose a the PwC investigation into the Export Ultra Bergaard and tour of Munich and.
Speaker 3: Using people's yours pleases, Yes, okay, yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 4: And also we've got the sports book back tomorrow as well, with Carl Carl from the TV looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's knock this thing on the head and we'll see you tomorrow for another episode of the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the HCCS Gender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for where off you get your podcasts.