Speaker 1: Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: This is a different podcast and your Parenting Hangover feed, which is another member of the iHeartRadio family. It's a new podcast from Warrior Marcelo Montoya and his incredible wife Taylor. What we're doing here is every now and then a podcast which we think you could be interested in, will end up in this feed as well. It's a way of broadening your podcast horizons. Me and Jordan are huge Warriors fans. Marcello is the man. I actually work with Taylor at my day job at the radio as well, so I can vouch for her being a great person as well. These two are very funny. The idea of this podcast is them sharing their unique life. I guess is a good way of putting it. He's a superstar international sportsperson and she's a crazy Australian who produces a radio breakfast show. It's very funny. So if you like this, maybe you could add it to your podcast diet as well. It's called the Montoyas. This is the first episode.
Speaker 1: Enjoy.
Speaker 3: This is an iHeartRadio New Zealand podcast. One of your sons or daughters is going to knock on our door and say Dad, So I'm not sure what she's insinuating there a bit of infidel tips. I've got show and tell for you today. It's done. You know, I was up on the couch, leg up, up, it's good. Back, there's good now, No, it's pretty the textbookship Now.
Speaker 1: Hello, my love, how's it going good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: This is fun, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: This is this is the Montroyas podcast. Who would have bloody thought?
Speaker 4: Great set up here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks to our team, Adam producer Adam.
Speaker 4: Adam Bowman call him pumps.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: So you guys on that friendship basis already I got left out of that. So it's nice that you getting them on your site. Yes, so yeah, did you ever think you'd be on a podcast one day?
Speaker 1: I didn't think I'd be on a podcast. However, when you think about it, I can talk a bit of shit.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I back that to the day.
Speaker 1: So eventually down the track someone would have called that out and said, hang on, Mass, I think maybe we should get your own a potty with someone else.
Speaker 4: My wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I got this for us, he did. Yeah, I did. I work in radio right at the hits great great station, and we own iHeartRadio, or we don't own sorry company, The Hits doesn't own. The company we work for owns both The Hits and iHeart Radio. And then they obviously noticed my natural ability to talk shit, but.
Speaker 1: They obviously realized my ability as well because they wanted me to be on this podcast.
Speaker 3: So this is something they're like, who's an easy get? Oh? Her husband? And that's how it went. Not really, no, absolutely, I was in conversation or from what I.
Speaker 1: Believe, they did trial a few other people and howd that go?
Speaker 3: Really good? Actually, I think we need to revisit.
Speaker 4: Those hend So who's sitting here me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay? And who's who's so fucking good?
Speaker 1: Aren't you? And whose last name is it? Mine?
Speaker 3: And mine? Actually? Fun fact, this is actually all I like because I'm not My real name isn't even taller Montoya In Australia, it is, but our marriage is only recognized in Australia, not in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: So pretty much I've got us the gig.
Speaker 3: Then no, you fuck with that's just your last name. Well, guess what the Montoya and the Lombardy that's my maiden name.
Speaker 4: Well it's the Montoya's.
Speaker 1: Guess what a lot of Montoya in New Zealand pretty much is it?
Speaker 3: Pod comes in a lot more bag. It's the Lombardy it's my podcast. You know, if you go to Italy and you say Lombardy, you'll be treated like royalty. Now Lombardy in Italy is like what Smith is in Australia. Everyone's called Lombardy Smith. Well, yeah, Smith is a popular surname in Australia. In Italy, well, my family is from Oh, my dad's going to kill me if I get this wrong. I'm pretty sure. My dad is from like pretty sure, Lazio, which is near Rome. It's like a town or something near there. And then my mom's from the north. They were from an island which is now known as Marley Lawson.
Speaker 1: Your grandparents, my grandparents, and my mom.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously my grandparents are from there, my mom's from there, your grandfather, but now it's it's it's Croatian. It's Croatian land. They wanted not from there. No, no, no, Nona is actually born in Egypt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, none was from there. Yeah, your mom's from Condor Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but with an Italian like her blood. Her blood is Italian. Okay, Well, I could say the same thing about you. You're Fijian, but you're actually from Campbelltown.
Speaker 4: So I was born in Fiji. You were born in Italy.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying me, but well you refer to me from that. How do you go from Fiji to Campbelltown? Tell us how you got there? That's why. No, I'm being dangerious. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: That's how it happened.
Speaker 3: How he fucking woke up in Fiji and then the next day worke coming car.
Speaker 1: In Australia, especially in Sydney. Old West West is mom, I grew up. I'm proud west you mate, crowd.
Speaker 3: Your family get to Fiji to Campbelltown? Like what was we.
Speaker 4: Flew over from?
Speaker 3: I'm not talking, I mean from not even fight. I'll ring, I'll ring your mom up and arson Paula. So how old were you before you moved to Australia.
Speaker 4: Three years old?
Speaker 3: Thank you? So there had to be something within three years that said to your mom, I want to move to Australia.
Speaker 4: Hang on, hang on, I'm a mine reader.
Speaker 3: You don't know. Yeah, but you're twenty eight now, so I'm sure in the last twenty six years the question has come up. I asked my dad why his family moved to Australia.
Speaker 4: He was asked a lot of questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm intrigued, and also I've actually never got a straight in say out of my granddad why they moved to Australia. They said, to chase a better life. But it only is pretty fucking good, So dodge stuff there. My mom likes to say. My mom likes to say that both my dad and my granddad have millions of kids out there unaccounted for. I don't like to play the film. And she says, one of these days, and that's my dad's name, Ange, one of your sons or daughters is going to knock on our door and say Dad. And I'm not putting up with that shit. So I'm not sure what she's insinuating there a bit of infidelity, but hey, well here's a story. I seeing as this is the first episode, I thought, what better story to tell everyone to get to know us more?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So do you remember the time? When? Do you remember the time? MJ? Is that MJE cut when I'm getting a dead leg? Sorry Louis, it's not all about you right now, mister Anal Glenn boy. It would have been like a year inter us dating officially, don't give him the finger a year inter us dating officially, And Mum and dad were out and you were at my house and no one was home. Luke my oldest brother, he was also out out at the races.
Speaker 4: Went somewhere.
Speaker 3: He is at the races in his suit. Yeah. And we were in the back room watching a movie. And as you do when you're that young and in love, movie turns into more of an affliction moment. Yeah, read mind and the back room to paint a picture to everyone, because you run a photo, you'd want a picture of these. The TV's on the wall, couch up against the up against the wall as well opposite wall. Huge window. Window doesn't go to anywhere, just the backyard, garage door and the garage door. So no one's homes, No one's going to see anything.
Speaker 1: Not the actual garage door, but the door to get into the garage.
Speaker 3: So yeah, only if you woulddge to drive in the garage and you park your car and you walk out of the garage door, you would see a display that's going on in the in the back room. And so we were Netflix and chilling all sorts of Netflix and chilled positions. This this was back when you were adventurous, I'd say, you know you anymore? You were a young twenty year old full of test, toss to rone. I'm still you know, still trying to impress me. I guess you know, still the deal. So you know I was up on the count down the look out, leg up up, you know it's good. Back then, it's pretty textbookshit. Now, you know, it's more about time now when you've been married, we've been together ten years, nine years this year, you just get in, get out. It's more about.
Speaker 1: The ending, get the job done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's not time to look each other in the arm. Literally, I couldn't stand looking into your eyes. Why I'm the lights off gal? Now you know back then, and I mentioned the lights were sucking on back then because I liked my body back then. AnyWho. So yeah, it's very vulnerable positions, very vulnerable positions. And I know it will probably like seven minutes into the full and again back then it would have been probably going for half an hour.
Speaker 1: You feel like, yeah, I feel like you are not.
Speaker 3: And I remember being I was standing on top of the count and you were you were standing on the floor, so our too. What would you say? Like two body parts were equal to each other to make it work. And I remember hearing the garage door open and making direct fucking eye contact with my brother. Did right, Yeah, you did to act because you were looking the same direction. And I literally fucking died and I fell to the floor, and I was like, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I had a T shirt in between my legs, and I quickly put that on. I know, disgusting. And we see on the couch and walks and I'm sweating. Yeah, you're sweating on rock solid sitting there?
Speaker 4: Can he see that?
Speaker 3: And he walks in he goes, you just have except do I just get you to have except?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then and then he gets us and guys, listen, I'll keep my mouth shut up, promised, but mask And he dropped off to Cronola, Yeah, because he was going out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we were.
Speaker 4: Like or whatever, So, yeah, I'll drop you off.
Speaker 3: You don't say anything to your parents, literally, and because like even though we were of age and boyfriend and girlfriend, that's not fucking nice to tell your parents obviously. Yeah, And so he goes and gets changed me and you were like, fuck disgusting. But dodged a bullet. You know, it's all good. It stays in the fans and well, give him a lift to Cronela. All done, All done. Then the next morning, Mom and dad come home and we're all sitting at breakfast and they went for a walk. Yeah, and then for a walk, and we're all chilling at the kitchen table, and I was like, didn't even remember it really, because I was like, whatever, it's in the back of my mind. And out of nowhere, Luke goes, Sue inch, that's my parents.
Speaker 1: Saying as soon as he said their name, I knew, did you I knew?
Speaker 4: I felt sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt sick, and I just swe here we go, hees. I guess what I seen Tame massk doing last night? And my dad being so innocent, and I'm like, no, I did they go, oh what what were you guys talked to you last night? I guess they were fucking in the back room. And then I was like, I remember my dad dropped his coloring, goes oh, for fuck sake, Luke, and then you literally just went red and quiet, and then my mom, out of nowhere, goes, well at length, someone in this house is getting something and that is fucking fairal.
Speaker 1: That stories it never gets old. But you know what never gets old. You never know what's going to come out of your brother's mouth when he speaks. It's terrifying when he says something, you just go, you just sit down and go what's going to come out of his mouth?
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: But that story, and then after that I realized with your family everything was open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, that's it, Like everything was just out there, and I was like, that's not normal.
Speaker 3: Nothing's off guards Like we go the toilet with the door open. Dad would fucking be naked in the bathroom and not shut the door. And I'll walk up the stairs and see his ass right back, and there you see my dad's ask plenty of plenty of times. Yeah, nice, he wishes. Actually no, he's got a swimmers Ask what's that means? He swam his whole life. They like have a nice shaped body where big shoulders, small, small waist, small as Really, it's what Sue says.
Speaker 5: At least, Yeah, you thinks she's a gymnast, she thinks she's a soccer player, she thinks she knows the weather.
Speaker 4: That's one thing about your parents that I love over their house.
Speaker 3: They know when it's Suly, the.
Speaker 1: Breeze comes in all that's that southerly year.
Speaker 3: Anything to avoid not turning the aircorn on, and they will go to the fucking heights to not turn the ear.
Speaker 1: Thirty degree day They've looked up when the breeze is coming in.
Speaker 3: Literally although suddenly's going to hit my cello in about two hours, so we can hold off, we can hold out. Do you remember when you did start sleeping over at our house and there were there's some fucking hot days in Sydney forty degrees and overnight it is just hell. And I remember you going to my mom with dad your suit edge. I beg you, I will pay the energy bill, just please turn the fucking air and they look at each other and go, it's not that bad, is it. Have you got the window open?
Speaker 1: And then like as rich coming for me, because when I was young, we never had acorn in our house. Yeah, when you're training, it's like, man, you need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is the perfect difference between our family and your family, right my feeling your family, Your family like very working class, especially like you growing up. Your mum worked three fucking jobs to put your guys in school, give you the best life ever. But you wouldn't know that. You went like, you wouldn't know if you were struggling or anything, because your mom made sure you guys always had a lot of food, always brought you the Nike shoes you wanted. Right, she just would shut up and work the extra shit no econ and home Brandon to tell her, as you say all the time, my fucking family mate, Like, God knows the financial strains they had, but it was like we were fucking poor, living paycheck to paycheck on struggle Street. I remember when bananas there was a cyclone in Queensland, so bananas were really fucking expensive. My Dad's heid, this is your last banana. We're not having these for months. I said, well, why come we up bananas? No air con. Every time there's a power switched off, straight away I'd go to use the microwave. What's the Dad, the micro microwaves broke it. No, I I've just turned it off at the powerboy and turn it back on. But I need this every fucking hour, so I'm turning it off from the switch.
Speaker 1: It's a clever way to save money. My mom used to do that as all. However, I think like when you get to an age and you were working as all, but in saying that as well, you never really paid any board at home.
Speaker 3: Bullshit. I paid board as soon as I got my first full, first full time job.
Speaker 1: In your in your parents' defense, right in their defense. And I don't want to load ball you here, but I don't care. Your board was fifty bucks a month.
Speaker 3: You're fucking lying. It was fifty dollars a fortnight.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a month.
Speaker 3: It was a fortnight a month, one hundred dollars a month. So I remember saying, fuck, this is gonna say it.
Speaker 1: It was a month, fifty dollars a month, and I can run it back with your mother. Your board, well, mane some stays. I was paid the electricity bills sometimes good.
Speaker 3: So you should because you'd have been playing PlayStation.
Speaker 4: This is the matter. You would have been.
Speaker 1: You would have been in the bathroom using the power. You would have been downstairs with the you're straight and all that kind of stuff. So you bring yourself right back down. Please fuck you.
Speaker 3: Fuck you and your ship. I think, coming from a lecture, it's the truth. We had to. Did you have fox steel growing up, which is like Sky, Yes, yeah you did. Yeah. We had to beg and beg and I remember we only Dad said, you will only get the basic channels. And I remember one time Fox Stell fucked up and we we out of nowhere got Disney and it was like Christmas. I remember seeing like Sweet Life of Zack and Cody.
Speaker 1: You'd like to give you a deal and scot all of these times, We'll give you the channel.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because I remember one time Dad got the bill and Fox still had gone up like two dollars and he rang them and so I'm fucking canceling. I'm cancy. And then they yeah, because he just threatens them, and then they go, okay, Angel, we'll put you back on the plane you were on and we'll well that will keep your plan and we won't cancel on here. Yeah for two dollars.
Speaker 1: Well that's yeah, that's why they live really comfortably now because all those sacrifice struggle.
Speaker 3: Every day. They live like they're struggling. You know what. They're saving up for.
Speaker 1: The power bills, the Fox Tell bills. That's why they can put their feet up here and they're not work every day.
Speaker 4: So it's a credit to them.
Speaker 3: Cool, why don't you go and marry them?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thank you, I'll pop in here and there though.
Speaker 3: You're nice, yep, yep nice. Yeah. I'm just thinking. All this chat has got me thinking about the first time you met my family. What were your first impressions?
Speaker 4: Beautiful people?
Speaker 3: No bullshit?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Oh shit? I remember we were dating for like six months and then you finally asked me to be your girlfriend on New Year's Eve in the most anti comedic way. Mate, Just say, I picked you up from the air box you had just leaded from Fiji as New Year's Evil, stuck in traffic on the M four because we will be going out paramatta. Yeah, and you go, oh, do you want to be my girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You said that? And I was like, oh, well that was a bit ship you when you and me.
Speaker 1: Fucking dude.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, there he goes the romance. And then I remember saying to you, where the fox your luggage? You've just been away for three weeks and I just left it all there.
Speaker 4: That's how it works.
Speaker 3: So you leave everything there, everything except the clothes that you wear. Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 1: So you go you go there for full bag all your clothes and then you come back. You leave everything there because all your cousins, all my cousins took everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, wonder we haven't been back there because ain't doing that very strategic.
Speaker 1: If we go there, Yeah, you'll be coming back with nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because yeah, it's so different over there, Like how much is protein powder over there? I don't know, I remember that a stat reading a stat of protein powder in Fiji? Or maybe when did you see this show?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I remember seeing it was like like four hundred dollars or something for protein powder?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Am I talking absolute shit?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I must speak because if you're looking shock, the.
Speaker 1: Only person I would have heard that promise you about what you're looking at us that's about protein powder in Fiji.
Speaker 3: No, I must have come up on my for you page or something. Oh can I just say.
Speaker 1: That's for you?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What's for you page?
Speaker 3: Are you for real? On? Like social media like TikTok and Instagram, there's a button that says for you, and you like click it and the algorithm sends you videos that it thinks you'll like. So like if I was your for you page, it'll be like cars, volkswagens. What else are you into? Yeah, like the most boring shit ever mine, it's sausage, dog and outfits.
Speaker 1: See social media they get you back on. Yeah, that's how they get you hooked.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest, most biggest drug addictions pandemic of its O.
Speaker 1: That's what you know what, that's what you're stuck on on your phone.
Speaker 4: That's your quality time.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, and that's what social media gets you hooked on everything.
Speaker 3: We don't need to do quality time anymore. We have this one hour a week that's more than enough.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely amazing. But yeah, when when you first came over after six months of waiting, asking me out, and I remember your message to me and your car saying, hey, im out the front. And I was like, oh, well, if we're dating now, like officially, you need to come inside and meet my mom and dad. And you were like, oh no, I'm going to just have a sleep in my car till you're ready to come out. I was like, get the fucking the house before my mom comes out and bashes the fuck out of here. And I remember you walked in and my parents were watching the sopranos. I don't know if that was like a fucking a thing, like a threat to send you and then yeah, the rest is history that Yeah, they were nice people though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when when I walked in, what did she say? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: We're going on to the movies. Yeah, that's all we used to do back then, movies and dinner, such innocent times. Now we just fight, we don't. Yeah, when always you always decided to criticize.
Speaker 1: What's honest feedback and shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: I don't care about your honest feedback, so I'll say that to me. I'm not one of your fucking colleagues. I don't want to hear on his feedback.
Speaker 4: That's the way it should be.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, you know what, the honestly.
Speaker 1: That's how through relationship, last honest feedback hit the now you're so blunt and hit the nail on the head right then and there. No one holds onto it, there's no baggage, there's no no one bottles anything up. You empty it then and there and it's done.
Speaker 3: I would love to one day compare how you guys talk to each other at training to the way we talk to each other in a corporate setting. Why, honest feedback is far and wide to come by. Mate, what do you mean in a corporate setting? Regardless of what job you're.
Speaker 4: In, Say it in a way that I understand.
Speaker 3: Everyone beats around.
Speaker 1: The bush, not in the out mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just quite savage.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing about us is it's a high pressure environment.
Speaker 1: Is radio?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well then.
Speaker 3: Pressure, no, No one's listening.
Speaker 1: No different between Yeah, I think a difference between radio you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but people listen as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've been sprayed so many times on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I feel like when you got to sign a contract, like if you're on breakfast radio or that's your contract, right yep, for us, you sign the contract, but you still got to fulfill that just a player.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like that. It's like that, Oh do you mean like you could get dropped.
Speaker 1: And then if you're breakfast radio, they don't go No this week you're going to go on afternoon radio. Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, that's a good point. But they might not get their contract renewed in three years. But yeah, at least.
Speaker 1: I've got that got three years, they've got three years. Yeah, that's true, and can happen in three years with us as soon as you know, if the case doesn't want you to play, or I think you're not about bad.
Speaker 3: Form gone, And that's where that honest feedback comes into play.
Speaker 1: Hey, it has to be, and that's why I bring it home. I think it's important.
Speaker 3: Don't think you should bring it home.
Speaker 4: I think it's important.
Speaker 3: Guess what this is for life? Baby, and nobody here getting relegated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still well, sometimes I'm relegated to the doghouse always.
Speaker 3: You're about to after this too. Have you ever given me honest feedback? And I've ever taken it on board?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, you have.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound like me. I don't do well with you.
Speaker 1: Don't initially leadership, that's not toxically.
Speaker 3: I don't do well.
Speaker 4: If you're not honest.
Speaker 3: No, I believe in honesty. I don't like being told what to do, how to act, what to think what. Yeah, every single job I've had I did not respond well to a boss. And that's why I'm hoping this fucking podcast goes somewhere, because there ain't not many jobs left there for me out there.
Speaker 1: I think you'd respond to a boss that I was honest with you?
Speaker 3: Oh, I appreciate my current boss at the Hits, but again, radio is such a different I used to work at the airport. I had a micro manager and we had some words. Yeah I don't. I don't do well with stuff like that. Yeah, that's why when you tell me what to do, I rebel. Yeah yep, so you tell me to flush the toilet, I won't flush it out of spite.
Speaker 4: That's what's different even for me too.
Speaker 1: Like I was talking to Leon, Leon's my best mate the other day and he's going through a job change, and he was asking me for advice, and I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Bro, what fuck are you doing? That should call me?
Speaker 5: I've never had to work like in a I mean, I know how to go for a interview, yeah, for a job, because I've always I'm not always but and not saying it to be an asshole, like I worked hard to get where I am.
Speaker 1: But in saying that, it's I think, like, I don't have to get to a job interview. I've always played. I played in a l but.
Speaker 3: Then when you off, when you were off contract, you had to go for an interview. Yeah yeah, so that's an interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's different, right because I've got a manager that that negotiates, yeah, the stipulations of my contract. The bad guy where he was, you know, like he's he's trying to negotiate his own money. How much is he going to be how much as how much is he going to ask for? And I'm like, bro, that's that's scary.
Speaker 4: That's hard. Yeah, that's hard to do because.
Speaker 1: You're your own like, you know, like you got to go in there, brave hard and say no, I want this much.
Speaker 4: You know where I got someone that does that for me, you know. So that's yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm grateful to be to you know, to do what I do because I love what I do. But it's it's a lot different.
Speaker 3: Very insightful. It's nice to see this maturity come out of you. Thanks for that to speaking of your chol speaking of your work. You're often away a lot of the time, which leaves me by myself at home with my best friend Louis. Louis is sitting on my lap right now. He is a miniature dash hound. He's a beautiful what color would you say? This is? Red? Brownish?
Speaker 4: Ree asshold brown nothing.
Speaker 3: He is a bigger bitch than I am. So you've been away for the weekend, right, so I've been just having to cook for myself, which may I say, is fucking amazing. My favorite part of you leaving this house every time is that I don't have to cook you three course meals. And on Saturday night, I opted for just some plain noodles with prawns and dumplings. Yes, quite a nice meal, I thought, and I had I had done all the cooking right, and I thought, because dumplings, they're easy. I just bought the ones in the packet and it said, oh for a tip.
Speaker 1: That's not cooking.
Speaker 3: Then I didn't say I made them from scratch, claiming to and don't make the noodles from scratch either, just all packet food. AnyWho, what you're dooker? Can you explain what douka means in what like thank you nice? To clear that up for the audience because not everyone speaks Fiji. And so I A tip on the packet said to make it really nice and crispy. Boil them like steam the dumplings in the fry pan over a lid, then take the lid off and then pan fry them in oil. And I was like, that sounds amazing. You know, two birds with one stone, so I've I've steamed them and I've gone all this nice and squishy. I'll take the lid off and pan fry them. And then that was it. I put in a plate. You happen to call me? Your face tied me. But a lovely chat for how long would you say? That was on Saturday night?
Speaker 1: And now a few times?
Speaker 3: Yeah you did?
Speaker 1: You did so I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Well the long one, yeah, forty minutes minimum. So yeah, I've enjoyed that chat with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no, we've.
Speaker 3: We've gotten off the phone, and I've looked around the house and gone, why is the house filled with smoke? And I'm looking everywhere thinking, what's happened? What's on fire? Look at Louis. Louis passed out from smoke. And I've gone to the stove. What do you reckon's happened?
Speaker 1: You left the stove on, Yeah.
Speaker 3: With the fry pans still on top of the stove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what with the dumplings in there?
Speaker 3: No, I had eaten the dumplings.
Speaker 4: So you just left it on. Yeah, and the pan was cooking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know there's a nice fry You spent a lot of money on just one of them's completely fucking right off. Yeah, I've got it downstairs. I've been hiding it from you since she got home. Yeah. Sorry, I know. And it's charcoal black now, and I've tried to scrub. I tried to scrub so hard. Should I go get it? Yeah, okay, I'll be back. You just keep the audience company. I'll be two seconds.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know what the funny thing about that is she sprayed me for going and spending all that money on buying them. Yeah, she got upset at me. Oh well, you spend this much money on buying it and then bang, she focks it. You can show me because you know what it could be. It could be completely broken, or could just be Fijian broken.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember how I broke the rice cooker.
Speaker 1: You break that as well.
Speaker 3: I told you I left it on. Sorry, I'm made of breath. I left the rice cooker on the stove, and the stove was on it. It melted through the whole bottom. That's why we haven't had rice in ages. Anyhow, it's done, it's done. It's completely broken. There's the fry beer. So yeah, I tried scrubbing that one.
Speaker 1: Come out that looks like a big black hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So is that Fiji and broken or is that broken? Broken?
Speaker 1: It's broken using it, Taylor, I.
Speaker 3: Know so, but like, don't facetimey during dinner.
Speaker 1: No, no, you can't know you do. You can't blame you sho, look.
Speaker 3: At the time and go Okay in Brisbane it's what four, so it's six in New Zealand. I'm not going to call her because I know she's eating.
Speaker 1: You can't blame me for this, because you know you've got to be responsible when I'm away. Yes, dad, No, No, it's not even about dad. You know you got to be responsible. Like that's ridiculous. That's an expensive front.
Speaker 3: And this is the lesson. Don't buy stupid fucking expense. See shiitse, I'm just going to break it.
Speaker 1: No, we needed those because those can go in the oven. That's why we bought those ones. That's why I spend that money.
Speaker 3: You know what I think the lesson in this is I think I should give my chef hat to you and you should cook me dinner from now because since you're so perfect and you won't ruin everything, and you can cook rice and a rice cooker and you know how to cook fucking all these luxes and curries that I've never tasted my fucking life. All you can do is lamb on the barbecue.
Speaker 1: That is not cooking, which is fair, that's cooking, it's not You know, maybe you're right, Maybe I do, Maybe I do cook those here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring your mom up, since she's an amazing cook, and get her to teach you.
Speaker 1: The one thing I'll know if I do cook, I won't burn the frying pan.
Speaker 3: Wait and see how you talk a big game for someone that's never fucking done it before.
Speaker 1: I guess I won't break my rice cooker either.
Speaker 3: Really, well, you love to buy a new one first it's gone, she's done. I throw it out when you weren't home it it was breaking. We could, but we could kill ourselves if I kept using it from Brisbane and I guess what they sell them in New Zealand too. You know you can make rice on a You don't need a rice cooking you make rice.
Speaker 1: On a sto. I'm telling you this.
Speaker 3: I can't tell her. I'm scared of my moum. That's why she's twenty seven years old. I ruled my own world.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her about this already.
Speaker 3: I told her about that. She was laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I want to watch. She didn't charge me for the dice, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mom's getting us shipped a dice and filter because we can't get them with New Zealand. So on the on the topic of you being away and meaningly killing the house and the dry pans and the rice cookers and all that. The rice cookers months ago when I broke that, I just haven't told you because I'm like, we haven't needed to have rice yet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well that's why you've just been cooking the oars over then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's nicer anyways, it's like an Italian rice. It's fine in the corporate world. At the moment, it is flu season and it is rampant, ramps running rampage. I don't know if any running rampant is that the character see where you see you, I'm mister English. Well, it's running a muck around the office to say no, because once you correct me, I don't like knowing that you're right, So I just move on and I at the moment my throat's fucked. Our producer Adam's got a mask on because he doesn't want to get us more sick, you guys when like I probably got this off you because no I did. You're on the lemp SIPs this weekend. You and your fucking teen It's like being married to you is like being married to a kidding daycare. You bring that much shit home and then I just cop it. It's exhausting.
Speaker 4: Oh well, put up with it, mate.
Speaker 3: I remember when Ring one was going around everywhere and everywhere what who the fuck starts that?
Speaker 1: It's just because when when you sweat a lot and we wrestle, and because he wrestled, that's how it spreads.
Speaker 3: M yeah, feral Yeah. I took down a whole department last year with the flu because you, Taho had a really bad flu.
Speaker 4: So who gave it?
Speaker 3: And then he gave it to you? And then you gave it to me and then I coughed on mania at work from my six. He took down his whole department, the heart Radio apartment, and then I said, sucked in.
Speaker 4: That was who's fault it was.
Speaker 3: It all goes back to that.
Speaker 1: We got to think we we fly every second week, we're traveling. We're on the plane mainly when we're coming back from games. You know, we're like, he's coming back. The body is still recovering. The bodies at a low in terms of how it's feeling, like we've just just played eighty minutes and flogged ourselves in the footy field. Yeah, so it's like the immune systems low. And then we get on a plane with all these people and then they'll like someone sick on the plane, boom passed a one of us, and we just hand it out.
Speaker 3: I know it's beautiful, let me tell you that. Love. It can't wait being sick every fucking second week.
Speaker 4: But it sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is what it is, mate.
Speaker 3: Because then you're always like to me when you feel it coming on, you're like, go sleep in the spare room, But I can't. I come fall to sleep without you.
Speaker 4: Then then how do you sleep? But I'm away the dog, We'll sleep with him in the spirit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't like to do that when you're in the house. Why because I know you're judging I'm not. And then I have to clean the sheets the next day, and I don't do that when you're not around consciously easier to avoid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but yeah, but doesn't make sense if you if you want to sleep in the sparroing with him, just sleep in.
Speaker 4: There with him.
Speaker 3: Oh you'd allow that, Yeah, if.
Speaker 1: You're sick, because then otherwise I give make you shit and then you try act tough and the next day you spraying me.
Speaker 3: I never act tough. I milk that shit to the bone.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was well, that was fun. Did you like that? Did you have fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just want to mention as well. One thing, it's a really at the top of my head and I need to get off my chairs. We've been watching this Netflix show god listing Manhattan or Buying Manhattan or some show owning owning Manhattan. It's another real estate show. If I see one more fucking real estate show come up on Netflix, and I don't even know why I'm complaining because I watched them all. But there's like selling Sunset, buying Beverly Hills, this one selling houses Australia, selling Tampa. What the fuck is everyone's obsession with real estate shows.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's because everyone can relate right in what way?
Speaker 3: There's like like a million dollar homes. No one can relate to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, some people like to dream about that stuff as well and watch it again.
Speaker 4: Man, that's nice.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: But then what I hate is people watch that show and go, oh my god, I'm going to be real estate agent because it's that much. It's that easy to make commissions for someone who's a sister of a real estate agent. Again, my beautiful brother, Luke with the foul mouth. It's fucking hard, mate.
Speaker 1: It's a great point you make, but it's like that with everything, you know, you get the trolls on that are and then the trolls that want to play footy or the ones online that want to spray people online.
Speaker 4: Oh do this that.
Speaker 5: There's a reason why.
Speaker 1: You're sitting back and you're typing on your computer or on your phone because you're shit.
Speaker 4: You could never do it.
Speaker 3: Is this about real estate? Or did we just hit a nerve about people? So I just got triggered because I was talking about houses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's the same thing, all right, people that say I could sell that house, so I could carry a ball, catch that ball, could you?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're back there again.
Speaker 4: Well guess you can't because you're not there. You haven't done it.
Speaker 1: Just shut your mouth, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah I say that about radio exactly. I'm kidding. Anyone could literally get on Mica and talk shit. Anyone.
Speaker 4: No, really, you can.
Speaker 3: Look you're doing it right now. I'm doing it right I'm You're not. I'm not. This is shit, This is going nowhere. Who's gonna listen to These people are already depressed. It's gonna make them more depressed. Anyways, I think that's enough. Let's go out with a bang. Okay, bye, she I'll see you next week