Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Nights podcast from News Talks at B.
Speaker 2: Greeting's Welcome Marcus Head twelve how I boom hope your god ahit til twelve o'clock tonight. As I've said eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine to nine two de text looking full to what you've got to say? My interesting fact from yesterday, I am reading that the US Post right in the United States of America, there are some places in America they still use mules to deliver the mail. Can you believe that? Because I can't, and it staggers me daily. There's a tribe of people where there's a reservation in the Grand Canyon called the supe I people, the super i Issu Pai, and it's the country's most unusual U s P SGR state's postal service route, and they've relasted delivered mail by mule. That interesting. I think it's all drone deliveries and Tesler's and stuff like that, but they're still delivering mail by mule anyway? Is that interesting? I thought it was. There was a thing that remained with me most of today, only thinking about that because today as well, Donkey Day I love donkeys, and I presume a mule is similar to a donkey. I think probably has got a horse for a mother and a mule for a father, or something like that. I don't really know that it's in a mule and a donkey, but we might embrace that as a topic for parts of tonight. I was very keen to buy donkeys until I found we'll buy a purchase get a forever donkey from a home. But I did find out they lived for fifty years, and I thought, well, that's a liability, isn't it. I mean, jeepest, creepers. You don't want a pet for fifty year, do you. Anyway, I still haven't kind of completely gone off the idea of donkeys. I just had kind of rear praised when I thought that they were going to live for that long. You got to get them shewed, I suppose and do things like that. Anyway, Are there some rugby leagues and I'll keep you updated on that. When that starts, it'll be ten o'clock and I think the dolphins versus one of those useless teams on maybe the eels, So there'll be updates on that if anything happens. With the Pope too. Let you know about that obviously. Obviously, this day in eighteen eighty six, Coca Cola is invented. I still think probably you'd have to say it's the most delicious drink it's ever been invented. I wouldn't say you need to live on it. But as far as tastes and complexity, I don't think there'll be many drinks that have been invented that have lasted of long as long that still have that kind of complex taste that you can still enjoy. I'll talk about non alcoholic stuff. Obviously. I'm sure there's other things with great longevity, but you let's celebrate that. Who knows how many tea spoons of sugar and it probably thousands. I'd probably have it five times a year, enjoyed every time. Anyway, on with the show. I'll by the way, it started raining extremely heavily in ver Cargo, so there is a precious, precious sister coming this way. Heavy rain and severe gales for part of the country continuing until tomorrow. They have started extremely heavy rain. It threatened all day with extraordinary clouds, and the clouds have broken, and of course there's flooding. Everywhere, but we'll not not everywhere. But what's happened. You've got those stupid autumn trees that are planted that all have shed their leaves and clogged up the drains. What's it with that? With the trees that shed their leaves? Why are we doing that? Because it just creates a drainage nightmare, doesn't it. That's not my main topic for tonight, but I'm curious to know about that. She is get in touch. You want to be part of the show here till twelve, name as Marcus eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and I'll by the way, and I'm going to save that actually, but do get in touch if you want to talk. He till twelve. Hey, so done, the league done, the Pope talked about everything else done. The interesting fact, there was something I thought it might be the anniversary of the Hills hoist. I saw a post about that. They're those clothes lines, right, could be good gift for Mother's Day? Couldn't it a Hulls hoist? But I've been surprised by reading today how little time they have been around. But I'm since seeing contradictory advice that says they've probably been copied from somewhere else. From nineteen twenty five of their clothes lines considered one of Australia's most recognizable icons. I think it'd probably be very hard these days to buy a hills hoist. It's that clothesline that goes round. Don't know why it's called a clothes a hills hoist. I'm not qut sure why it hoists up. In nineteen seventy four, a Darwin family reported the only thing left standing after Cyclone Tracy was their hills hoist YEP. Nineteen forty seven, hills Hoists began manufacturing a windabull clothes hoist. There we go. That's the one that winds up and spins around. So you all know about that anyway, do get in touch you want to be part of The number is eight hundred and eighty taddy and nine two nine text. So confession time now. I thought that we would start with this tonight. And I don't know how this will go, but I thought I need to tell someone. Sometimes when I am alone and I have a small lot of dishes to do, I will open the dishwasher and will it's full of clean dishes, and I will remove just enough to put the dirty dishes in there and then put it back on a cycle. Now, I don't do it often, but I do it. I have done it and still occasionally do it unbelievably lazy. So first and foremost, I want to know if that's something that you yourself are guilty of, or am I a psychopath? And secondly, what I do want to talk about is your lazy confessions. What's the thing that you do that's incredibly lay that you are slightly embarrassed about. I can change your name, I can distort your voice, but doesn't need to be a I just wonder what the thing that you do when you think, oh my god, I can't believe I've done that. So it might be the dishwasher thing. I don't quite know. I just want the dishes out of the way. Might just be a bowl of cereal and a coffee couple of I just want those clean. But I don't want to can't be bothered flipping throwing saucepans into that cupboard where they all fall back out of I just want everything away, a few clean things removed, and the whole shed bang back going again. So a am I a psychopath? B do you do that? See? What are the lazy, the incredibly lazy things that you are guilty of? Because you will have them. You all have things that you maybe have never told anyone. What's that noise? That noise is sandpaper? Why do I have sandpaper in the studio? It's in my back pocket? Why is sandpaper in my back pocket? Because I'll tell you a funny story. I was chopping the hedge today, beautiful, beautiful, gosh, I've got this Lelandi macrocarpetype heach and boy, I've trimmed it well anyway, so blowing a howling gale and bluff and I was up and down the ladder trimming a l landy hedge and using one of those ladders that can go a long way up ladder or can go into an a frame type ladder. However, and this will be a warning to some of you, the ladder had fallen off the back of a truck on the bluff road and Vanessa driving home, had grabbed it. But unfortunately, and you've got to be aware of this any letter, as you claim off the road, they're bounds have probably been damaged as they've fallen and had jagged bits up the side and grabbing it rip my finger open. So there we go. Just after we're talking about dangerous house sort of plans is I go and cut myself on the ladder, and then I had sandpaper to actually smooth the thing to make it safe for others. Anyway, she'll done secret sound what do you lazy? Habit? Am I a psychopath? Barbe Marcus? Welcome?
Speaker 3: Oh hello? I had to ring. As soon as you said it, I thought, oh my god, I do it all the time. What I do that dish thing all the time? I get up?
Speaker 2: You sound lazy?
Speaker 3: I am. I get up in the morning and I deal with but I've got a pile that from from the night before. I've got the dinner. And then I said, oh no, I can't be bother. I do what you do. I just take a few glasses out and I just take it up room.
Speaker 4: And the worst part is that I've got about a two hour cycle my sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, what do you call it?
Speaker 3: Shay the things? He'd set it up as it's like a two hour cycle of Oh my goodness, but not honestly, I could not stop laughing when you said it.
Speaker 2: So you do it well about Ao, I've got about a two hour forty cycle. I like a long cycle because because I like it to be thorough. And it's, I mean, how ridiculous listen to us.
Speaker 3: I know, and I had to ring. I don't normally ring them.
Speaker 2: No, we shouldn't. That's terrible.
Speaker 3: I need to tell you that I do exactly that, probably about three times a week at least. I'm lazy, and.
Speaker 2: Bob, I don't reckon. I'm going to change, don't.
Speaker 3: I'm going to.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel so bad. It's kind of a victimist crime, isn't it. But it is a crime. There's only one planet. We're using electricity, we're using those soap capsules. By the way, I don't do it at the work at the work dishwasher. I'm very respectful of that one. Rose as Marcus, you're lazy confession.
Speaker 5: Oh look, I am lazy. But my lazy confession is so I know I've got visitors coming around, I'll stick my dishes in the oven. Really can't be bothered doing them.
Speaker 2: Rose, that's next level?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Hiding dirty dishes in the oven? Yeah? I thought you're going to say, if you had visitors coming around, you hide, you hide yourself in the oven.
Speaker 3: But that's oh, it's the old wicked witch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's so. You just get So what when someone's at the door, is it the crash and the banging or they're giving you warning?
Speaker 5: No, because I can see them coming.
Speaker 2: Wow, just grab the dishes and check them in the oven.
Speaker 3: If I have to do.
Speaker 6: Marcus, Yes, so brilliant.
Speaker 2: You're lazy confessions people. And am I a psychopath? I presume I'm not, But you know you got to you got to go with the big grand statements. And radio, maybe radio should get a chimney when they get a new host, maybe news talks, he'd be should get a chimney. There's a change on the drive show, there's white smoke. There's something, wouldn't it. I'm surprised one of the unwaky music stations haven't done that. Are they doing that yet? They've got a chimney out there, I'd be doing. I read a free funny article about the devoting of the pope yesterday. Actually, murd doc Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 7: I heard you talking about coke earlier.
Speaker 4: Yes, and.
Speaker 7: I was a miracle a while back have you ever tried a mixed cost.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have. I ordered some online. We discussed this and people said how good it was?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Do you not like it?
Speaker 2: You thought it was pretty good. It was pricing shipped to New Zealand though, but yeah it was good.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Is it come in a glass bottle or a can?
Speaker 2: Com in a glass one?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, a glass cold glass bottle? Yeah, it hard to be.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much it would vary from place to place. Would it vary a lot?
Speaker 7: I think it's just a lot more sugar and the same When they moved Krona, I think the water might be better, you.
Speaker 2: Know, No, I think I think what I do know. I think from last time we discussed this moon ocke, it's got it's actually made with real sugar, cane sugar as opposed to some artificial free sweetener like stevia or something. It's it's made with different ingredients. Yet it's more old school. I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: You know you're not hooked on it, are you?
Speaker 7: No? No, I used to be. But you gotta get it out of a glass bottle, and it's hard to find it any coke and a glass bottle to day makes a big difference.
Speaker 2: It's a different choice between a plastic bottle and a tin. Would you go for a can?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, it can yeah, me too, can Yeah? And quickly on donkeys. Yeah, the friend of mine and a donkey. And it was not the best guard dog guard animals I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Very loyal.
Speaker 7: Anyone came me anywhere in the house. It was just ehort for the cows. Game was what about that? What about that?
Speaker 2: What about that? Draft color? That tastes all right? Sometimes you try that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got Royal Crown. Yeah, they's not bad.
Speaker 9: What's that the knob?
Speaker 2: Where's the history? I don't even know where draft coler comes from.
Speaker 7: Isn't it. It's like a Royal Crown draft cold. I think it's a Canadian or American or something. Yeah. I think it's more like ginger beer, maybe Bruce.
Speaker 2: Because you never see advertised, but it's always there.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah. Not a fan of a cheap colers.
Speaker 3: Terrible.
Speaker 2: What are they like at the stuff at the warehouse?
Speaker 3: Yah?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And the yelling company that make it it's called colon with a cave, so it's even worse. Do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't skimp on that.
Speaker 7: No, no, you don't give on donkeys or colon.
Speaker 2: Never skimp on a donkey murder. That's a guide to life. There'll be a good T shirt actually, never skirting a donkey. Dr Pepper does the Royal, the Royal crown color. Didn't know that. There you go. Dr Pepper had no idea what its backstory is. We're talking about your lazy confessions. That's the topic number one. Topic number two is different. Topic number three hills hoists. Already we've got three on the board. Miss Forward, you know you don't want to get that cheap cut. Marcus fellow psychopath here. I did the same with the dishes, and possibly even worse. I do the same with dirty washing. If the washing of the sheet is clean, I put the extra few dirty items in then start the cycle again. I've done that. Can I just also say as a confession that in South And where I live, we don't have water meters, so there's not an expense of using a lot of water. The water's just flowing down the river anyway, so I'm not too concerned about using the water. Marcus. My confession is when I cook anything, it's just me. I ate it out of the same pot. Am I bad? Well? If a taste is good to beat, I wouldn't do that, Marcus. My lazy confession. Sometimes if I cut an apple, I will just put the knife back in the drawer. Wow, wow, Wow, where it's not empty, one knife from the dish, wash and put that knife in. It's not laziness, it's personal efficiency. Dark clouds did eat And by the way, Rose, have you had to dig out one of those dishes for your guests? And a lot of people shouting out for the trees, the deciduous trees in the streets. Marcus, if I slice some bread, I'll just wipe the knife off and put it back in the drawer. Evening, Marcus, what are your boys' favorite animals? And do you give them pocket money? Nana Devenport love your show. I don't know what their favorite animal would be. And know, Marcus, Lola from the Wakator trees shed their leaves to conceive energy yur in the winter, unlike evergreen trees that don't shed their leaves. Yeah, but are they should they be on our streets? Wouldn't I rescue donkey already be thirty or forty years old? Well, I guess it just depends on when someone's got sick of it. How do you age your donkey? Free? Hard to age people too, by the way, it's impossible. That's why there is so much controversy over the world's oldest person, because it's almost certainly it's a lie. It's normally about benefit fraud or something. Trevor Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 4: Hey Marcus, how are you de driver? Yeah, just talking about coc of cola. Of course there have to be a classic coat. I mean those sugar free ones that are apparently biggest sellers. But no, for me, the old classic coke the Whales originally made and got the same amount of sugar and probably but.
Speaker 2: I think it was only called classic coke because they brought new coca in the eighties and then went back to classic coke, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Well no, they say classic because they got those these sugar free ones now on that. Oh yeah, okay, So the classic coke is the one that's got all the sugar in it, and you know, it's very hard to beat a nice cold coke, you know, yeah, and a bottle.
Speaker 2: But the thing going to me, it wasn't always called classic coke, was just called coke, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, it was anat classic because of these other ranges of coke that the Coca Cola company put out. So I think that's just a classic, original recipe. But I think, what's going to mention?
Speaker 2: You told the Trevor, I'll come back to you. I just took you too early. Back to you, Trevor, Trevor Part two. Yes, the thing that we're going to mention was.
Speaker 4: You know, the thing I remember and I haven't I can't remember exactly what it was now, but I was reading about Coca Cola and little town was invented, and some families that puts some money, they put some money into it, and you know they and that's a lot of the families still kept there what you call present They called them shares in the company, and what they've paid for them and what they're were. Now, when I read the amount, it was just it was just eyewadering. I know we're going back a long time, but that's one thing I remember about the old.
Speaker 2: I do think the coke shares have been some of the greatest performing sheares in history because I think that I don't know when they were public listed, but yeah, they have just they have just made because I mean, is it the world's most valuable brand? They probably Apple is now or something, but it's certainly it's certainly up there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the thing I know is in New Zealand now when you go to our cheaper market shops, I don't know your shops like Uncle Bulls and things like that, I notice, say, import coke that's bottled or canned and other countries because it has the other countries writing on it, like you see the word coke or everything else is in their language, and so obviously getting a bit cheaper or it's made a bit cheaper than those.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably a bit. I think it's probably that coke probably could well be better, yeah, because they're not using corn syrup high fructose corn syrup. They're probably using sugar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they could be. And of course we had our coke factory gain Enough part of here and it's just a big, massive implorer of people for many many years. But it's it's gone now, the old bottling factory again up Hart there.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what they do with it, because you've got all that post box at bars, haven't you.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess that syrup is made locally, is it or is it imported? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Probably not the same though, icy cold coke out of glass or can can't beat it.
Speaker 2: You ever tried to invent a drink Trevor, Um?
Speaker 4: No, not really when I was young and stupid. You know, some of the drinks should mix when you're out and a bell with boys, a mixture of all sorts of drinks. Not really.
Speaker 2: That never ended well, Trevor. Thank you, Marcus. I heard that zb that country music radio is coming back to the air waves. Please get the frequency. It starts tomorrow. Tell me where you're living. I'll tell you where to hear it. Have you texted them? Where are they? There's a link with all the frequencies. Iheartcountry, dot co dot Z spell Heart. Well, there's no button that's Heart launches at midnight tonight. I'll ask Jason wats the first song? It's just we should guess because he will respond.
Speaker 7: Well to that.
Speaker 2: What do you think it would be? It'll be fast car? What's the first song? What's the stupid stay? What's the great station card? What's the first song to be played? What's the first song? My typing game's not good. What's the first song going to be on? What's it called? iHeart country? You couldn't call it that. That's the name of a r L. I hate country. What is the first song going to be on? I okay, Yeah, it'll be fast car or I don't even know what the playlist is like. It's probably a new country, is it? It's Taylor Swift country. That's controverse?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: You start a country? Then she bended them? Did she? And what about Beyonce? What a minefield?
Speaker 7: You know how?
Speaker 2: I'd go with the guy from the Guy from Hoody doing wagon Wheel. That's what I'd start with, the Hoody and the Blowfish guy doing wagon Wheel. That's because that's a bit of everything. Really, someone's texted you sound like a boomer trying to text. Yeah, well that's kind of true. Marcus. Working in the government the eighties, papers based files with a norm sometimes that God will be busy. Files could be moved on. That's someone's testing on the podcast. Someone says the first song in country radio has to be Willie Nelson or Kenny Rodgers. Now would be something corny, like there's a New Day. It'll be something that's that's alluding to the fact that things are about to change, like changes coming or something or don't fence me in Country Road Country. You know that's a great song. People are predicting Ireland in the stream. First song. He must be the pub He hasn't got back to me. I hote to. iHeartRadio frequencies. Don't ask me what the free I mean, just go run the right Okay, yeah, if you go on the app, it doesn't go to lot to do. You just have to get on the app. Just go around the frequencies and see what it is. That's what I was playing. Now you go on the frequencies and you work out how long it takes you to work out of it's a Christian station because sometimes I sound quite good. There was what I got on today and I thought jers Creede Avenue out, But its twenty four to nine.
Speaker 10: Rocky Here you going there?
Speaker 2: Markets ten out of ten rocky good? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 9: Oh good there?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 10: Do you remember the old, good, old bubbly z there from Alexandra.
Speaker 9: It's called sun Glow.
Speaker 10: What's It's a lemonade called sun Glow and it's made in Alexandra.
Speaker 2: Really since when?
Speaker 10: Oh my god. I've been here most of my life and it's it was produced here in Alexandra, and it's called sun.
Speaker 2: Glow issue in g l o u ow.
Speaker 10: No, it's called I'll tell you what it is. I'll tell you exactly what it's, how it's spelled it is. Now, I'll tell you what s u n g l I sun glow.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, no, no, I've got the bottle straight in my hand, right here, right now. Yeah, no, No, it's a Yeah. I don't suppose a lot of people wouldn't know about this bubbly. It's really probably quite rare, really.
Speaker 2: I would is a sparkling? Is a sparkling drink?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's basically like a Lanes and Thompson's centers, but it's made in Alexandra. It's an Alexandra brew. We used to have our own bottling plant here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's still available.
Speaker 10: No, I know, my god, it's probably been it's probably been gone since nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 2: About something currently. I don't know. Okay, bring it back. Why an't you bringing you back? Get some of your mates see it and bring it back.
Speaker 9: It probably needs to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alex what's Alex's known for food wise nothing.
Speaker 10: Rabbits canned rabbits back in the early days, obviously, and rabbits you got.
Speaker 2: The giant clock now and not much else. That's it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 10: Well, we've got a good bit of wine here too, Marcus. If you're quite part of a bit of that stuff?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it any good? Though? The wine, they wouldn't be ripping out all the vineyards and putting in the cherries.
Speaker 10: Cherries have got so much to ask answer for, because every bird in history wants to want somebody picked them out of the sky. Not only that, the rain just drinks some they split and everything burnt into the ground. I don't know about that so much at all, really, But.
Speaker 2: Rocky, you're in the grip of the grape, aren't you.
Speaker 10: I'm in the grip of the grape. I worked on a vineyard for eighteen years or thereabouts, so I put the whole bloody Yeah. I put all the irrigation and cross fighting in for years and years. So I worre are we bigger out to be honest?
Speaker 2: But I think probably now that it's not on that big flat area between between Clyde and Alex. It's not all going in. But some of that stopped, hasn't it now?
Speaker 10: I can't in this area. It's actually stalled right away. You did right, you did right now. It's actually it's actually gone into swing fruit cherries.
Speaker 2: You do right because there is a wine glutt No one's drinking wine anymore.
Speaker 6: No, you're probably right there.
Speaker 10: And with the way things are going in America and everything, you're probably did right with old old grumpy the old main.
Speaker 2: Man got a drink for himself. I don't think Rocky thanks so much for twenty one Away from nine. Yeah, he's interesting text. You're on a Christian station, Marcus. If you listened to any other programing thing, thank you. We are guessing what the first song in the country music station is going to be radio silences. It be something goofy like Achy breaking Heart. I reckon it'll be Oh, could be Blue Skies.
Speaker 4: Gee.
Speaker 2: Willie Nelson still sounds good, isn't he? Flip? I heard him singing the other day. I thought cheapest Creepers numbering sings quite like first song Conway twenty Rainy Night in Georgia. Our apparently is playing already on one A five point four. I hate that they have a soft soft launch. I think they call that a soft launch. I just start with a being a oh yeah, they're probably trying to get tested out the frequencies and stuff or oh no, I thought that was more interesting than one of the guys. Know, I'm gonna start saying that, but it's too complicated. But I've started some finish. One of the guys.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 2: Being interviewed going into the voting session right, one of the priests in the Conclave looks free familiar to a lot of people, but he is the brother of Tony Sirrico, who played poorly Walnuts Gualtieri in The Sopranos. I think a lot of people watching on TV tht the guy from the Sopranos and the Conclave. But his brother who looks just like him. You remember how me he was the guy with the kind of the white bit down the sides of his here looked like a raccoon. So his brothers in the Conclave. That's a good story, I think, Bob Marcus welcome.
Speaker 7: Yeah that is that me?
Speaker 12: Yes, Bob, Yeah, My laziness is those rubbish And you know how you get a yellow one and a red one. I just throw all the rubbish in the one can't be bothered doing. My sister used to go natty because I wouldn't. I wouldn't watch the jam jar out and I wouldn't thought to it. I just lifted it and fight it all.
Speaker 9: On the one and hope I kicked the man takes away.
Speaker 2: Involve like that a lot. I'm sure this is clearly like you A lot of the stuff. Most of the stuff doesn't get recycled now anyway. I think it's become something of a was a nice idea when they began it. But of course the whole key of recycling is don't buy the stuff in the first time. Say no to that plastic rubbish. That's the answer recyclings of false economy. Just don't buy it. I can tell I meant to say this before the news. I thought this was quite interesting. A large rear carnivorous New Zealand snail has been filmed laying the laying an egg from its neck for the first time and a stroke of good luck the Department of Conservation, which was managing a keptive population of poel Offender Augusta on the Mount Augusta snail for almost two decades, undertaking a routine weight check when a small white egg started emerging from a snail's neck. Yeah, the snails are the largest in the world, the size of a golf ballf found only in New Zealand. They can live for decades twenty five to thirty five years old. Now I don't know if all snails lay eggs from their neck, but it's pretty weird. There's more information I'll tell you about that. Keith walk the department Senior Science advisor, said the hermaphroditics sales nails have developed a genital poor or opening on their neck so they can remain in their shell to mate and lay eggs. The restaurant gets quite graphic. Well I'm a sexy graphic, but that's snails for you. But yeah, I don't have all snails. Where else would they lay them from if they're all down there? Marcus Barvish from Auckland. This is a great drink. Tastes like lemon and pido from the eighties. A nice guy sells it at the markets. A Tiadahaa mineral water dot co dot Indeed, I'd like to try that, yes, because the sparkling the mineral water and tadaha t Araha is some of the only mineral water in the world that comes out of the ground sparkling, which is amazing. Marcus Cosmos Cosmos four eight to two Russian satellite. It's coming to Earth. I am watching it live streaming Trekking its altitude, it's one hundred and forty three miles from Earth and dropping. Do you know if it's fake or real? That's real, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 2: I saw something about a bit from it. Yeah, could someone find that website? Dang? Would you that's tracking it on it? Dan's on it, on it like a bonnet. Pretty frantic our. That wasn't it. I've taken up all some of them abst material that hour. No word on what country song they're going to start with. Oh, yeah, here we go, Here we go, Here we go. Wow, they've gone local cowboy up Kaylee Well will be at twelve o'clock tonight. iHeart country. Dot co dot is did for your frequencies. Yep, Oh that's good. They've I got on them for giving it to her. She's well, I think she's I mean, she's like the queen of country. She's like, yeah, I'd go Petsy Rigor. But you know, love Petsy Rigor. Oh oh this, could someone tell me more about this thing that's coming to earth? Yeah, I'd like to know more about that. That's this Russian Did you find anything about that, Dan, Marcus? No TV reception Central South and right when the final of the chase was near the end? Did the team win? Dan? Do they lose? They lost seventy five? They lost badly. They only got sixteen? How many on their team?
Speaker 13: Four?
Speaker 2: So only go about thirteen fourteen?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 2: Who was the chaser? The vixen?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 2: Like the vixen, she's the smartest. How much was left? Vixen smoked them guys? So that's I don't know why your Central South and would be down. I'll be the wind would have blown your repeater her off the Hakanui's By the way, the sight is into Yo cosmos for eight two eight a nine seconds. Marcus. We've experienced your eggs shortage, sharkas, So how will coffee drinkers and chocolate addicts react if the world runs out of supplies because of disease or drought? And decaf coffee drinkers are denial? Sorry but they are mac Yeah. Well, the whole price the American breakfast is much more expensive because the eggs are through the roof, the orange juice. Florida's got to disease, so they're got their owns us from South America. That's all prone to tariffs. The maple syrup is from Canada. Nothing's good with breakfast when it comes to drought and tariffs in America. Anyway, lines you free, what are you got? Your lazy confish and Coca Cola's story about that and this thing falling down to earth, this satellite. I always find it exciting when the satellite's going to come to earth. There is a tracker. I'm looking at it now live real live satellite tracker. Don't have to click on anything. What I'm What am I looking at? I'm just looking at the Oh there it is?
Speaker 7: Is that it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh there? It was just taking a while to load. We've got too many apps open. It's currently just south of India. I'll be going over those poor people on that island that don't know anything. What do they call the scent and Lalise freak them out. Its altitude is one hundred and ninety seven kilometers per hour. Sorry, it's altitude as one hundred and ninety seven kilometers. But why is its altitude going up? Does it go up and down as it falls down? Must be oscillating its altitude going up. Good evening, John, this is Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 13: Oh hello Marcus. You were talking about some satellite or something that's going to drop to Earth.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's hit before.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 13: Well, I can remember in nineteen I think it was nineteen fifty seven, we were given time off from our prep in the evening to go and lie on our backs out on the playing field so we could watch the first spotnik fly over. And it was just a bright light in the sky that seemed to be moving reasonably fast. And I can still remember it. I was probably about fourteen. I'm now eighty two, but it was quite a thing and it was amazing. We've come a long way.
Speaker 2: They were changing day by day. Yeah, you're right, Sputnik.
Speaker 13: Yeah it was Russian.
Speaker 2: Well, this one that's about to land right around May tenth, right right. It's quite a complicated story.
Speaker 13: Who put it up there?
Speaker 2: It was built by the Soviet through the sixties and launched in seventy two with a goal of landing on Venus.
Speaker 13: Right right, yep, But a rocket.
Speaker 2: Malfunction caused the craft to get stuck in an elliptical orbit. The spacecraft separated into four pieces. Two remained in low orbit, later decaying, while the other two went into higher orbit. Most of the spacecraft fell back after a decade, but just days after the malfunction, part of it fell on New Zealand, so it fell near ash Farmers around ash Burton discovered five space balls on their property. All right, so yeah, Cosmos four eight two.
Speaker 13: I don't know what the st Nicks that I was watching was called. I think it was just Sputnick one.
Speaker 2: I think it was putting one.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 2: But thank you. We'll talk more, George Marcus, evening.
Speaker 15: You're there, George Marcus, George, George, Yeah, Hey, going good, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I have a bit of a clue about the orbit of the of the satellite. So it will gradually once it goes the lower certain height, it will gradually tend to get lower and lower. Is it orbits the planet, So it'll be it'll be going up towards its high point, which is called the the apoapsis of its orbit, and then it will go down to the low point, which is called the periapsis, and that will slowly get lower and lower.
Speaker 2: It's an elliptical orbit now, and it's got a high and low point. But once it starts, yeah, okay, a bit boring, but hang on, okay, so it's so that's okay, So it's not falling to Earth yet.
Speaker 15: No, No, it's it's sort of you know, it's it's going around the planet still, but it's got it doesn't have enough momentum, so it will gradually get slower and slower and come down to Earth and get sucked in by gravity, and then we will see do you be going a certain speed? I think all orbits are sort of slightly elliptical generally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right too. Thanks for that, George, appreciate that. Nineteen past nine. But it's kind of weird that some of it. So it was always a failed one, so it's just been waiting to fall to Earth forever. So it never kind of performed its function, but we're still waiting for it to come down. That's kind of crazy, isn't it. I might need to read more about this people. This is Cosmos too. Cosmos is with a K launched nineteen seventy two attempted Soviet venus pro which failed to escape low Earth low Earth orbit. It's landing module, which weighs four nine five kgs, is highly likely to reach the surface of Earth and one piece, as it was designed to withstand threat of ges of excel and one hundred atmosphere of pressure. Beginning in nineteen eighty sixty two, the name Cosmos was given a Soviet spacecraft which remained in Earth orbit regardless whether there was intended final destination. The designation of this mission as an intended planetary probe is based on evidence from Soviet and non Soviet sources and historical documents. Typically, Soviet Soviet planetary missions were initially put into an Earth parking orbit as a launched platform with rocket engine and attached probe. The probes were then launched towards its targets with an engine burned with a duration of roughly four minutes. If the orbit misfired and the burn was not completed, the probes would be left in Earth orbit and given a Cosmos designation. Cosmos Fight two was launched on thirty first of March seventy two, four days after the Venera eight atmosphere probe, and may have been a similar design. Mission plan After achieving an Earth parking orbit, the spacecraft made an apparent attempt to launch into a Venus transferred trajectory. It separated into four pieces, two of which remained in low Earth orbit and decayed within foot eight hours into the South Island of New Zealand, and two pieces, presumably the payload and detached injured unit, went to a high two hundred and ten gay orbit, which is where they are now. The first of these pieces, four red hot thirteen kilogram titanium alos fares, landed within a sixteen kilometer raates of each other just outside Ashburt, New Zealand. I didn't know this. The sphares scorched holes and crops and made deep indentations in the soil, but no one was injured. A similarly shaped object was discovered near Eifelton, New Zealand in nineteen seventy eight. Space law required that the space Junkie launch would be returned to its national owner, but the Soviets denied knowledge or ownership of the satellite. Ownership therefore fell to the farmer upon whose property the satellite fell. The pieces were thoroughly analyzed by New Zing and scientists, which are termined they were Soviet and origin. Because of manufacturing marks and high tech welding of the titanium. The scientists concluded they were probably guess pressure vessels of a kind used in the launching rocket for a satellite of space vehicle and a delayed in the atmosphere. That is fascinating The remaining two pieces in order to expect to rea into sometime in the second week of May five. Very little chance it would hit you or me, even less chance it'll hit the new Pope. But that would be something, wouldn't it. I mean, I don't say that in a bad way, but yeah, that's just what science is like, isn't it. Oh that's fascinating. Maybe someone remembers, maybe someone was around Ashburton nineteen seventy two and remembers the farmers gathering up those be a good day at the pub in esh Burton, wouldn't it any game? Blowie? Well, funny funny should ask me that this just about hit me? Just raining just started raining here and levin re rush and satellite. I saw it's going to hit Earth somewhere between fifty one degrees north of fifty one degrees south. We should be safe this time Mark's like the Filipino guy to become the cop pope. I'm not Catholic, but I think it'd be good to have someone from Asia and our geographic area to be pope. Our lazy confessions, Marcus, I always tell staff the petrol station I don't know how to check the oil. Even though I do, I'm just too lazy to do it myself. Good on you. They should be doing that before court jockeys. My confessions. I can't be bother ringing your show. So I just texted Marcus barm me in Upper hot tonight, fifteen degrees outside, twenty three degrees inside, Marcus, I have two hills hoists. They're not cheap to buy. Why would you have two? Godness? Oh, by the way, Marcus, one of those space balls at landed near Ashburton survived to this day. It's preserved in the Ashburton Aviation Museum at Ashburton Airport. Wow, and most of you're thinking, Wow, Ashburton's got an airport. I'll go there. I'm liking all of this. I'm liking the museum, I'm liking all of it. I love space junk. So there's four balls that land in Ashburton lazy confessions. If I'm walking my dog and it defecates and people are around, I just pretend to pick it up. I also don't recycle all in the red bin. What a disgusting citizen. Anyway, we are talking about your lazy confessions, like just removing some things from the clean stuff and the dish washer and putting your own dishes in. That's bad. A lot of people aren't recycling. But then again a lot of places don't recycle because they just don't, particularly if you're further away from the main centers I know in South and because it's so expensive to ship stuff, there's not a lot of market for I think cardboards, all right, I think the glass and the plastic. Yeah, good luck with that. You saw it in your store, but no one wants it. Just shouldn't buy plastic, that's what. That's the answer. You don't buy things in plastic. I think the cardboard. The aluminium works, all right, So yeah, I'm looking at you buying your two lead of bottles of drink and your plastic can tartans. No good. Also, but a chat to know about Coca Cola. It's its birthday eighteen eighty eight. I don't know how long you could have get Coca Cola shares for, but yeah, those shares are worth a lot now. And if you're not talking about any of these things good, there might be something else that you want to talk about good too. I'm kind of enjoying myself. I'm on the zone. Had a very good day clipping a hedge. One of the most satisfying things you can do is trimmy hedge, because it actually every forgiving process, and particularly if you're a perfectionist, because you can make a mistake. You can do it as long as you prove it regularly. You can't go right into the brown because that's the dead branches. But even if you go too low and it's a but it's not quite straight, you have another chance next year to get it perfectly straight. Very rewarding. Up and down the ladder is great. Although it was blowing a gal I thought I was going to fall backwards. I didn't. Extremely rewarding. And this is a This is a huge of planted myself probably twenty years ago. It's probably forty meters long, So hell of a hedge. They're not good. If they catch fire, they burn for a long time, So I hope no one set lights. Well, I hope it doesn't catch fire. Should have said no one set lights to it. Now they know what by weaknesses. The first Coca Cola sheares were issued in nineteen nineteen yep, so one hundred and six years ago, if that's of interest. By the way, lines are free, Minames, Marcus welcome, Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine to nine, two detects. We're talking about things falling from the sky and also your lazy confessions, hell's hoists Coca Cola. That's just for starters, and we're all waiting for the pope just because just because it's a bit different. I mean, let's face it, if they didn't have the chimney, no one would cares chimney in this. That's all you need. You need a gimmick, such a great thing to have. It's brilliant. Good evening, Trish, Hello, Hi, Tricia's Marcus welcome. Yes it's Marcus. Can you hear me? Trish?
Speaker 17: Receiving it out and clear not long ago put my radio on. Yes, I've got to be very careful what I say to you, because my father, his life and all about Spotnik is in the National Library in Wellington, and he was in contact with the spot Mak and done. Oh, I've got to be so careful. But if you've got any contact with anybody in the National Library, if you can pull strings, you'll get stories that you can't even imagine. After that, the Prime Minister of the day, and I can't remember his name. I'm an old lady. Now he sent his personal aid to our home and he was there all day taping it all. So I do know a lot about it what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: So why did your father have a relationship with someone and to do with Sputnek?
Speaker 17: Because my father number one, he was in the Secret Service. Number two he used to design and build the radios. None of the Hudson bombers were allowed to leave the country in the war without him signing off the radio people as being competent. He was very famous in that field.
Speaker 2: Yes, and no, as I say, I've got a bit careful, you can't tell me what his name was. No, that's not something you can do.
Speaker 17: Well, I don't mind you having you his name Jim McLoughlin.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, okay. Well, and he was in the secrets.
Speaker 17: Of us yes, wow, yes.
Speaker 2: And did you live in Wellington or was he?
Speaker 17: He was living in Nelson. And I remember the day that he came home and my mother said, thank god you've come. Pieces got temperature of oh it was the way out home. My brother. He said, I'm sorry, Darling, I've just come to get my gun. He said, I there's a flack on. He said, I can't stop.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 17: He was quite I'm very proud of him, but in his field he was very well known.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate you coming through, Trisha. Thank you for that. Darren Marcus, welcome, get it.
Speaker 9: How are you today?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 2: Darren? Thank you?
Speaker 18: And I just I was lucky enough to be on the stronger crew for TV and ZIP and we went on mesa telescope plane to see hear his comment when it was here.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I mister, but you were lucky enough to be what Sorry, I.
Speaker 18: Wait for a stringer crew for two years. I was an audio technician in the way. So we got chucked to the old play. Then we went up to forty seven thousand feet before it was something serious and we're the closest with Nessa to watch a Hell's colt. When we got to a suit and level of height that you see, there's a coffee machine there. Now we'll see what happens when we get to this height. So they poured out boiling water and before when they poured it out of a cup halfway down, three good down. It was crazy. We had to get dressed up in suits and stuff before we let go. But the most amazing thing about it was we've got to see this little spart with a bit of flame, and it's bummer. But coming down was coming back to Christs was incredible.
Speaker 2: So off, I'm gonna this is the time when I ask your questions, Darren. You took off from christ You took off from christ Church?
Speaker 18: Yeah, Antarctic antactic Messa they were.
Speaker 2: So you took off from christ Jug Yes, what was the plane?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 18: It was a telescape plane, the big telescape play from Mesa.
Speaker 2: So it was like one of those cease Yeah, okay, how long How long was the flight up?
Speaker 18: Oh that it was not six hours to get there, sixty hours to get back? Well, oh even longer, I don't know. But once we got there and then we see this little dot and okay on the audio.
Speaker 2: Audio, why would they take an audio guy up there for when you're filming.
Speaker 18: A COM's one thing that correct me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: There was fifty journalists and three audio being on board, and we're.
Speaker 18: The closest civilian to see Harry's comet.
Speaker 2: And you're filming through the window through the telescope.
Speaker 18: No, we can't film anything, We can't do anything, and we're just don't flat. You can't fild nothing because here we say military ship. You can't field nothing.
Speaker 9: Now what they do anything?
Speaker 2: So you're just up as sight seers.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well well he's say for a count of minutes.
Speaker 2: But what was the point of it? Why did they take a film crew up if you couldn't film?
Speaker 9: No, I don't go back.
Speaker 18: It's just we had to be there. The greatest thing about it was coming home. Did you come back and you think, oh what damn thing? Six or sour its fall? Six years to get here and then we're coming back and we lally back across it should two or three years later and didn't they we're lexed and later even it goes so we could we can film them in Okay, we get caught the people then around.
Speaker 2: The cock pat which was the lists.
Speaker 18: Uh he was.
Speaker 9: You didn't know very well.
Speaker 2: He's Rodney Bryant.
Speaker 18: Was that Rodney Bryan. That Roddy Bryant was my favorite. I love Rody Bright, I swear by Bright, but that he went very close up the glasses. Did you hear the bed with the bloody.
Speaker 9: Jacket? He was just he was hated. He was the genist and we went to.
Speaker 2: The Not, says Bree, that.
Speaker 9: Wasn't say just before her mate.
Speaker 18: Well, you're talking about read not Cameron. The first show, even hand of my life doing it. Put it this way, I got my job on a Tuesday and on the Friday.
Speaker 2: Not not Cameron, not Cameron Bennard.
Speaker 18: That is not Kimmer Bennett.
Speaker 2: I know he not giving Kivin Milt.
Speaker 18: That wasn't Kiven Milk. I meet Kive Milt, kid Milton will love to me he is. Now just let me finish my conversation. The first job I've ever done was that Mentis Unity. He would have been there, yep. And I got the job on Friday, and I'll go to Menti Unity on Saturday and they show you what to do, and I've gotta I've gotta see him in the microphone. You have a big rugby rue and you've gotta watch this watch him when he's talking, Watch anyone talk when he's talking, Watch anyone talk. Keep your livings right this studios do that. And yet you're right, Yet that's it, and so that Jurnalists. I can't think of his name.
Speaker 2: So it's read hid with red head with glasses right, ye, yeah, yeah it was. It was he a christ Church based reporter.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, he's an.
Speaker 2: Awkland music Jeff.
Speaker 18: But anyway, so I sat there and I saw it out with him get her old sword in my first interview? Was it manly headed the most and bloody help robo doom walked in.
Speaker 9: Its longer?
Speaker 7: Was me?
Speaker 9: So what?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna move on because it's just too many. But I just can't think it was. Was it Brian or Press?
Speaker 18: That wasn't final old press?
Speaker 2: You sure fill the ball press?
Speaker 18: It's on care he was?
Speaker 17: He was.
Speaker 18: Reporter, he's on, he's on everything. I just can't say it. His name's annoying me.
Speaker 2: Was that Boulding red here?
Speaker 9: It's probably one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough, thank you could the going back. I don't even know why what the point of the reporter was. Someone said it might be Philip Alper's Philip Alpers, Brian Edwards or Keith Bracy or Brustle Press. So I'm not quite sure what it was, but they're all kind of merged into one. For me, lazy confessions, I focus only above floor level, where I sweep four monthly. I vacuum annually. Things for recycling and burnt pans are left outside for the rain to wash. I wear re cheap second hand clothes and are bind Win dirty brilliant Marcus. They should set up a chimney for the general election post coalition talks and lock them in until decided. Blue smoke for National, Red for labor, Green for Greens. They'll have to release a combination of colors for a coalition deal. That's right. So after gnats went with the well are the gnats if they're red with a seamour's lot, which are yellow, that would come out green as well, wouldn't it. There'd be confusing someone that they've got a green government. But what go off?
Speaker 7: You go?
Speaker 1: This is news talk said the breaking news.
Speaker 2: We've got breaking news. I'm not watch you what the breaking news is. But there is black smoke. That means there's a new pope. Is that correct? Oh? No, Pope? Oh, there we go, So there we go. Black smoke, no Pope. So that was less. Well, there we go. So they're in the drive of it now black spike, no Pope. Who what does that mean? We go again? They have another so they got five hours rest now black smoke, no Pope. Bus three in the morning or we were listening to country by then on the road again, seven away from ten Black smoke, no Pope. Yes, gee, it's all happening tonight, and that satellite's about to fall. Goodness, gosh, it's really making a merry dance. I'm looking at the chimney now. It looks like someone's burning kite coal, kaititungue at a lignite. It's black as hell, cheap as creepers and really coming out making a real A lot of ballot forms to burn cheapers. Goodness, so really is black smoke? A lot of birds flying around. I guess there'll be someone will be interviewing the bird watchers soon to get a bird watching but it appears to be doves and still doves, pigeons, same thing, I think, and seagulls. A lot of birds flying around. Now they've gone to some little academic with those round glasses every time they crossed. To some expert at the BBC, I think, well, it's not that North Korean guy when the kid ran in the background, never got better than that alive crossed it with his with his mother running in to catch love. That simpler times, pra the old cove us, weren't they? You know? That was something. Now there's some Vatican expert gesticulating with his hands and his round glasses. Can you imagine what he's saying just right now? It's signifies what a great challenges will be for the Catholic Church, where they're going to move forward with a more progressive direction or go back and anyway he's earning his money this one. He who oh, who haven't done breaking? I think that's our first breaking news this year. He's a cheery text. Marcus forgot to say the next pope will be the antichrist, false prophet. There we go. What have you forgot to say? What did you say last time? Tony? Oh, Marcus? The next pope could be the last or the form of the last. The next will probably be called Peter the Roman. I don't know what that's about, but your people get triggered, get in touch if you want to talk one of him is Marcus. Welcome petal twelve year. You'll hear about the pope first. There we've got the old TV. We've got to look at. We're looking at the chimney. It's all happening, so no one else is reporting that. By the way, so that's the first smoke. But that's right. The saddle rode in the Munua two is closed. Just say, hey, by the way, what's the heat pump dryer? I'm seeing a lot of that being advertised. Is that just a more efficient form of a drugs that uses a heat pump? Presume that's what it is. But that's not something I've ever heard about changing world? Eh, here till midnight tonight. If you want to be a part of it, moname is Marcus good evening oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine nine text It feels like it's a two cup a night for me. Don't know why. Judging by the texts, people are loving the drama of the smoke and the chimney. For those that haven't seen the it's a very narrow it's not all brick chimney. It's narrow metal tube with one of those hat ons, one of those hats, those conical hats on top of it. So, yeah, it's a surprising chimney. I don't think I've ever seen it before or remember seeing it before. It's a narrow Yeah, it's a very narrow chimney. You have to get a narrow set of brushes to sweep it. So that's the situation there. But certainly there was a lot of black smoke. How you're going people, My name is Marcus. Welcome the confessions of the lazy things you do. Lazy confessions. Someone said that heat pump drys are terrible, very unenergy of Fisher. Didn't know that. Someone has also said, I don't put my douvet inside the coverny. Were just put douve on the bed and the cover on top. Can't tell by looking at it. When I first heard about this, I thought it was a terrible idea. Then one day a few months ago, I got fed up of fighting with the douve and became a convert. It's a great idea, just putting the cover on top. What stupid things to do they cover is you can ever tell it's top or bottom? Who'd be bothered? Jason Marcus welcome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just coming into bed for quite ten ut of coal.
Speaker 14: Mate.
Speaker 7: It's not deafly.
Speaker 2: What's the where's the lignite from that is? But that does burn badly.
Speaker 7: Oh no, we just get a bit.
Speaker 16: Of a bed rock, mate.
Speaker 6: Everything of sut smells like sulfur and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 9: Or it's quite so spirit, but.
Speaker 10: It's called mate.
Speaker 7: Has always been a been a better bettered town mate. They'll keep they'll keep battering us down, but we'll keep getting back up.
Speaker 2: Good on you. I appreciate you coming through for cake, Jason. Thanks so much for that. There we go ten past ten. I was gonna say, oh, hi Cole, but I Hi, Cole burns quite well. I think I'm not quite sure what the worst burning color is, Jason. But I appreciate you coming through. Ten past ten. My name is Marcus. Welcome your lazy confessions. The satellite it's about to come to Earth. And Coca Cola. They are the three topics. It's kind of surprised that it's and clothes lines. Those hills hoists, it is surprising that they don't. People don't have as many hills hoists as they use. Because I'm not quite sure what's replaced them as far as clothes lines go. Anyhow, oh eight hundred nine nine two detects. They might be something else you want to talk about. God, great, let's be hearing from you. But mainly it's the lazy confessions mainly, and the Pope and Coke. But do come through the fins, as they call the dolphins. The Fins are ahead six nilover para matter. That's the NRL action for tonight. The hammer hasn't scored yet, but the night is still early. But yes, do what? No one burns coal much for home heating now. I just think the last five or ten years it's completely disappeared. Bluffet used to smell coal, very very easy to smell it, very used to smell very strongly of coal. But yeah, I think maybe it's not available anymore. I suspect Marcus mount summers coal lots of slack or dusty coal.
Speaker 17: There we go.
Speaker 2: Marcus got to say this is an action pack night, the anticipation of the chimney smokers killing me. I'm not being sarcastic. There's something about it that makes us curious and satisfying curiosity as entertaining how BIG's the chimney, Marcus, just tune do when I've told you that, Hi Marcus, Apparently it takes four to five rounds of voting to select a pope. That was round two and you see the next run is at three am? What time are around four and five?
Speaker 10: Due?
Speaker 2: Please couldn't care less about the pope, but enjoy the tension. Definitely Philip ALPA's Philip Alper's ball ginger with a goatee, worst plaid jacket. And there's the aircraft was a Boeing seven four seven sp called so Fire. Came to his end for a couple of seasons around twenty ten twenty thirteen. Recently retired to a museum. Now. Someone said something about the airport at Ashburton. I can't find where that is. Oh, the Ashburton Aviation Museum is huge, three large hangars. They have a Royal Air Force Harrier jump jet. Hi, Marcus, I witnessed a satellite re entering the orbit five years ago while I was fueling up my carrot wide al Park Walklord. I posted the video on YouTube. Quite impressive. Thanks for that, Marcus. My lazy confession. I take my decorated artificial Christmas tree down to the garage and cover it with a we'll dove until next year. Genius Michelle, that is a good confession. It's a ripper. Do you wonder how Uncle Bill works that? I quite like an uncle. Well, we don't have it in the cargo. I went to one and you plumb. I thought it was quite good. It was interesting. Peter Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 9: Oh, I look about it. There's there's going to be another pope here. That always happens.
Speaker 4: It all depends on the time the Catholic Church where they want a so called what do they call it? Conservative?
Speaker 19: Moderate or progressive? Yes, and and so we all know. I think it might take two days. That might take We're going to get there. But really, what's what's going to happen. Is the Catholic Church going to contin on a somewhat slow progress to the conservative organization. I'm going to continue to move towards excepting.
Speaker 11: All modern viewss.
Speaker 19: To themselves or I guess the worst case for them is, in my opinion, is if they're going to pivot back to a very conservative doctor approach to the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not really good. No matter what the outcome is, it's not really going to affect me. I wouldn't think no at because I'm not and I can't. I can't imagine we'll be getting a female, a female priest, and the Catholic Church for a long long time. I don't think it happening in the next forty or fifty years, although I never know. Sometimes change happens quite quickly. When when do we get a female pope? I think that would be centuries away.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, And and that.
Speaker 9: Somewhat for many people.
Speaker 4: Authors pushes this whole decision into what doesn't really matter?
Speaker 7: Does that?
Speaker 9: Because it's an old.
Speaker 19: World, a bunch of old white guys making a decision about things.
Speaker 2: But although I think there is the new pope could be one guy from the Philippines. It's also one of the favorites, so that could also happen. It's quite interesting. Do you know what the most populous Catholic countries are?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 19: If you, you're probably more educated than me, what do you think they are? I would have thought that the Catholic Church are growing in in places like Africa and Brazil and South America, I will think, But I'm not Catholic. I don't know it, But I guess my point is I don't think that DEI has really established itself yet within the Catholic community.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, well that's not I don't think anyone's going to be surprised by that as a prediction, though, are they no?
Speaker 4: So DEI diversity equally inclusion or whatever.
Speaker 19: I wouldn't be completely surprised if they decided to make a decisions go towards observatives.
Speaker 16: That A chose a black.
Speaker 4: South African type cardinal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll live it there, Peter. Thanks for twenty three past ten, Marcus. Many people in my street have been too lazy to take on the Christmas lights. There are still flashing colored lights on roofs and fences. Lazy confession. We send all our business shirts out to get ironed every week. If I had to wear a suit, I don't there or a shirt. I don't think I'd bother ironing myself. What a pain that is. It's all right the sleeves and the collars, but then you get to the main torso something always gets wrong with that. Get in touch, Marcus till twelve if you want to be a part of the show good Also, heat pump dry? Is Is that a thing? Why that a thing and a bit of a deep dive into the Catholic Church was interesting to him. So come on, if you want to add anything to this, what's your lazy confession, the thing you do that you haven't told anyone that's really lazy, how you make your bed, or the thing that you do. Most of it seems to be about recycling. But recycling isn't every good pr these days, because most things don't get recycled or they get said to some god forsaken countries to be recycled where it seems to be incredibly inefficient. So that's what's happening tonight. We also got this orbiting Soviet satellite that was never any good that's falling to Earth called Cosmos eighty five to two. Most of it, or a lot of it, already fell to New Zealand in nineteen seventy two. It did land in New Zealand. Now the rest's coming down. That's about to happen. It looks if you look at the tracker, it looks like it is it has started its descent, but it's actually just over New Zealand. Now, oh no, it's not. Let me just look where it as people. I look at the map of it now, but I can't see where it is on them. I've got to expand it. I think now it's coming over Morocco. Its altitude is one hundred and forty one hundred and forty nights. It's increasing again. The altitude so is. It's hard to know how long it will be before it starts falling. Let's go twenty five past ten four six sixty four sixty four, the fins over Parametter, the fins over the eels. This is looks like it's quite bad conditions. A lot of drop ball there, a lot of dropsy. Seems to rain a lot in Australia when I watch the NRL, seems to rain more often than not. I don't know what that's about. Expected it would be kind of a dry country there. The most populous Catholic countries Brazil, Mexico, the Philippines, United States is fothnically, then France and Columbia. So what's interesting is the foremost populous are all out of Europe. Brazil, Mexico, Philippines, United States. Logan, Marcus good evening.
Speaker 14: Hey, Marcuslogan, So countdown the supermarket. Yes, it's been following.
Speaker 2: Recently they've been for the commis commissioner is someone's Are they being prosecuted?
Speaker 14: Prosecuted? I think they're sort of being a bit un with everything that dropping down to twenty hours per week and cutting the pay rate by two dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, I seen. I haven't seen the've dropping that. Where did you see? Because they're not called they're called willwords now right, Ah.
Speaker 9: Yes, we're worse, We're worse.
Speaker 14: Yes, so yeah, from twenty eight dollars an hour down to twenty six two dollars an hour less and forced to twenty hours per week? Have you not seen that in the news?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm looking. I'm just looking for it. Now. Are you involved? Is it because it's something that you have information about? Logan?
Speaker 9: I hope?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 14: I like, it does not make any sense, It does not make any sense whatsoever.
Speaker 2: No, I hang on, I see is this something you're involved with? Are you someone that works at Woolworths or are you someone that's involved with the union acting for.
Speaker 14: The people, acting for the people?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: So how can you just surely it would be illegal just to reduce staff's wages. How can they do that?
Speaker 14: That's my thought exactly. I feel it as something that there's another side to it that's missing, and that's the government sort.
Speaker 9: Of approach or.
Speaker 14: Back and forth with Wilworth or progressive enterprises, which I see, you know that is what they are. There's something missing, there's something missing, and but.
Speaker 2: You were but you're the union guy. Can you tell me how they could legally do this.
Speaker 14: Well by switching to digital cash. So you've got this new digital cash sort of initiative that's apparently going to be introduced by twenty thirty, it may or may not be if the public, if there's a public submission on this. What what the issue is is that they totally separate at the moment they need to be brought together. And so what that would mean would be twenty hours a week, right, two dollars less an hour. Okay, but so you do twenty hours at you're twenty six dollars an hour, and then digital cash comes through and so you're you're pretty much times whatever you do.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how just resist. I don't understand how in digital cash mean to pay their staff less.
Speaker 14: Well, that's so digital cash is something totally totally separate to your wages, right, and yet like you hit your wages, and so what what does digital cash do do or something that doesn't make any sense. What makes sense is that digital cash is sort of a a framework or something.
Speaker 9: So so you pay let's say digital ca.
Speaker 2: Just just hang on there. I'll come back to that because I'm not fully understanding how they could do that.
Speaker 12: Back to you.
Speaker 2: Logan, So Logan which which work is with A within Wilworth. Are they cutting the wages for from memory?
Speaker 14: I believe it's the managers just from what I saw in the so.
Speaker 2: So you're you're not involved in the union, You're just only involved with reading something? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay I thought, okay, I thought you're involved with the negotiations for this or strike action.
Speaker 14: That's why that might as well be.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's it's it's not fear.
Speaker 2: And no, I'm not down. I'm not all there the website, I'm not I'm not doubting. I'm not doubting that it's not fair. I just wanted to get to speak to someone that was more across the details of why they were proposing to do that and how they could legally do it. That's what I was wanting to know.
Speaker 14: I'm not too concerned about the legality of that of any of that. I mean, what what what issue? I would digital cash that is? That is, that's what five years from now, so I thought of five years.
Speaker 2: That's a different issue, though I thought it would be illegal to dress drop some as wages. But I can't see the article you're referring to.
Speaker 14: On the on the on the will Wist side of things. Yeah, interesting, definitely definitely there and yeah, staff members doing it, doing interviews and saying, you know, just how how rough it is for them. So yeah, pretty much it's the government that needs to come through and say, look, we've got digital cash here. It all is, it's on the website. We accidentally forgot one thing, and that is the entire crux of the entire like the entire reason for its existence, and that is not just for war worst employees, but for everyone.
Speaker 9: I think, I think different ways.
Speaker 2: I think we're conflating two things here, which is a proposal to reduce the wages at countdown, which I don't necessarily know is happening because I can't finally proof and digital cash in twenty thirty, which I think is a different situation.
Speaker 14: I don't know what they are they are the same because for digital Okay, let's think of a public example or something. You know, off the top of my head, will Worth countdown supermarkets, right, you've got heaps of people, they're heaps of employees are a good sort of I guess test group, so to speak. And you know, with a name like progressive enterprises, I believe that would mean something and so difficult to explain. But digital cash the way that I read it, it's not only for the you know, wool Worth, it's for everyone. So you know, a forty hour week right as a standard at the moment, but things can change, you know, to bring things down to thirty or twenty hours as a standard, which is what counter will Worth are doing.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 14: How does that work without something else? And that something else is digital cash?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna leave it there because it's getting confused. But maybe someone else has got some more details, Dan, did you finny thing about that? Does it? Does it say they're going to get reduced payment? Is it speculated they're going to get less payment? Oh so drop of hours would lead to less pay year. I couldn't find that. I thought I had that. I kind of lost it. Marcus does this guy just work up from a dream? No news about Woolworth staff. Marcus Rainld's trowing the this coast, queens and New South Wales and Victoria. The last eighty months has been high record number of a band and race meetings over this period. Marcus, I work for Woolies and logan has no idea what he's on about. Needs to stop spreading misinformation, needs the full facts. Yeah, I just thought he was ringing up and he was some sort of union guy that didn't know the facts. So that's what I was concerned about. Marcus. A heat pump draw is good because it uses electricity, less electricity than regular dryers. It generally drives clothes at lower temperatures, which help protect fabrics and saves energy. It's also better for the environment and cheaply running the long term. From ignant pre Underppliance his new Plymouth Get in touch Marcus till twelve lazy confessions, the space thing that's falling to the earth. Coca Cola. You know how Coca Cola they released new coke in the eighties with everyone preferred and then dropped it because of nostalgia. They should bring that back because I'd be curious to know what it tastes like. Was huge in the eighties. There's ever very funny scene and Winning Planner when the guy was drinking new coke. Hey, they've changed the coke he's referring to. Woolworth's work has been made redundant. They've been offered a lesser job. But this isn't illegal. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. It might be illegal, but it's pretty unfair when you're trying to plan and get a hit in life and they're telling you, Okay, you're to go do the same job but for less money. Anyone's particularly in favor of that when it's a low paying job. Anyway, Good evening, Garriott's Marcus, welcome here.
Speaker 8: You are, Matte, last call of that your head ring up about the Countdown. I don't want to say what ten I live in, but I do I know some of the ladies that work at the Countdown store here, and they're getting absolutely shafted that they are restructuring, Like all your department department managers are going there, like thees aren't going to be no butchery manager, no grocery manager anything. And they're all restructuring, you know, and I do agreeffect guy like you. Imagine how much money Countdown made when COVID was on that they would have made millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: I've got the article here. I've got the article here. Gary from the New Zealand Herald pay cuts. First Junior National Retail Secretary rud Hughes said the wide ranging restructure would see the disestablishment of department managers which is what you said, and judy service supervisor roles. Staff currently working in those roles could suffer pay cuts and lose hours as a result of their re employment under unicrated roles, and Hughes said many were considering redundancy. He said more than four thousand foot of workers First JUNIY members would be impacted by the proposal one way or another. A bakery or butchery manager will potentially face a decrease of around fifteen to seventeen thousand per year, while other department managers will face average paid decreases ranging from many ten thousand to eleven thousand, seven hundred per year under the proposal. While some people in those roles will act for redundancy, it's not aviible options a smaller or more remote regions without comparable jobs on offer a Wilworths work whose role has been disestablished to hold first union and staff at the store. Staff at the store were upset and angry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, as I said to you, I know some of the ladies that work in the store where I shop, and they're great people. I mean you mentioned going to work knowing that your management don't hierarchy, don't don't value you. I mean it's great staff, Brewan.
Speaker 2: And look, and from all the supermarkets I frequent, the staff at Willworth. They seem to be the people that have been been there the longest and they seem to certainly they're fantastic.
Speaker 8: It's just a disgrace. I mean I feel I feel for the people because I know them personally and that they do a great job.
Speaker 2: And will you shop elsewhere?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't have any options. There's two stores where I live, and there's a there's a new World, but it's too far away from me. It's just a lot easier for me to go to go to Camdown. But you know, I'm grateful. I've got a good job in my company and the place I work look after me. And how can you get as you said, hey, can you get a paid decrease well.
Speaker 2: With inflation has been so high for the last seven years, five years. It's crazy.
Speaker 8: I can't understand how you get a decrease and you pay. I just don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gary, you do wonder what's going to happen with the supermarket model because it doesn't pay. They make money hand over fist.
Speaker 8: Well, how much what have they made? When COVID was on, it was the only place you could go. You couldn't go to the petrol station because you weren't allowed to go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I think we could go to the petrol station, couldn't we?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you couldn't drive anywhere. You couldn't go out of town or anything. But there's just disgraceful a count them, I mean absolute disgress.
Speaker 3: Thanks Marcus, go'd have forgotten.
Speaker 2: What you couldn't couldn't do and countdown. Of course, I was an essential service, which still to this day amuses me. Yeah, flip Marcus confession. I'm confessing for my mother in law. When ironing closed, she folds them up then only irons the top and bottom surfaces. I hope she's not listening to your show. Thank you, Get in touch. My name is Marcus welcome slave labor, Marcus, they don't deserve such treatment. Yes, they certainly are restructured. We're not sure your caller would be good advocate for anyone's demise, as kept referring to progressive enterprise, and they no longer exist. They're brought out by Woolworth Australia in twenty eighteen. Yeah, and that didn't seem to be a That guy seemed to be exploiting the workers less than conditions to have her go about virtual currency, which kind of think was just confusing stuff Marcus. Talking of washing lines, remember a few years back a guy was selling solo ones for twenty dollars sold about twenty five who was caught out couldn't be prosecuted as they were buys up with a packet to find five pigs at a roll of string. New cope was awful. Tasted like pepsi. I like pepsi, just on donkeys. I recently visited this as a text. I recently visited my aunt, who lives in Spain, shares two donkeys who live in a field at the end of the lane. She tells me that there aren't many donkeys around in Spain anymore because people don't use them to carry things to market or anything. So apparently now if you have donkeys, you get a small amount of money from the local authority to encourage people to have donkeys. Otherwise there might not be any I love donkeys, or maybe that might be something in Nichola Willis's budget would be a donkey subsidy. Love a donkey. So donkeys is one of the topics tonight. Also, people, how are you going? What's happening? Your lazy confessions, the lazy things that you do that you haven't told anyone, So what is that? Most of it I think involves people not really recycling one of some of the other lazy things people probably do you have some? Come on, give me your confession. Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty Hittel twelve. My name is Marcus good Evening, Coca Cola born this day in eighteen eighty eight. Woolworth's in their restructure. And this Cosmi satellite that's falling to earth the next day or two. Does eOne remember when the other part of it fell to New Zealand. In nineteen seventy two in Eshburton there were four metal orbs that fell to earth one of them is in the museum at the Eshburton Aerodrome. That's one of the topics. Also tonight, Good evening, Joet's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 20: Hello Marcus. Yeah, just talking about recycling. I'm here in christ Church and the christ Church City Council have had a bit of a blitz on recycling and it seems to be like they're taking lease and lesse than recycling bins. They have people go around checking your bins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do that, and then the cargo too.
Speaker 20: Yeah, as only gets collected every two weeks. One week the note in the leader box to say they have better been tagged because there was a papertel in it and so they hadn't collected it. So it sort of sits there for a month.
Speaker 2: Because it was the paper telling the recycling. Yeah, I mean, Joe, I think the fact is that no one wants the stuff. People don't want the plastics, the glass, the paper. It's not worth recycling. They just the company shouldn't produce that plastic junk. They should be better with their packaging.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I know. There seems to be less and less that you can put in it in the packaging. It's just terrible it's it's quite cryptic to know what to put in there and what not to.
Speaker 2: You just shouldn't buy the paper, tel you should you shouldn't buy the stuff that's in plastic.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I know, but that's quite hard to do, really, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Good luck getting ice cream?
Speaker 20: But even you know, I forget to take a lot off a recycling bottle like a drink bottle.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you. Do you know what the key to recycling is?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, I don't you know how there's different sorts of plastic. Yes, here's the here's the ones that are recycling. Okay, okay, Number one right, that's a thumbs up. Do that with your hands, that's a thumbs up. Okay, yes, Number two peace, Yeah, you're gonna make a peace sign with two fingers. That's a good thing. Yes, Three and four. You can't do anything whether they're not recyclable. Five fingers high five. So one, two and five are the recyclable ones.
Speaker 20: Right, Yeah, I'll have to watch out for that.
Speaker 2: It's just just remember that one, two and five, one to and five. Yeah, brilliant, that's what we want. Good evening, Pete. This is Marcus. Welcome there, Marcus good. Thank you, Pete.
Speaker 18: How are you going good?
Speaker 21: I'm just saying you're referring to glass bottles don't get recycled what they do because I have a person that works in at Penrose Glass Furnace place in Auckland, and they use a whole lot of certain bottles. They get a whole lot of bottles for their recycling to make other bottles again, they recycle. That's what they do, is they.
Speaker 2: Get I think the point I'm making, Pete, it all depends on how far you are away from the recycling center. I'm an in I'm an invert cargan. Obviously to seeing glass all that way there is going to be a lot more expensive. Therefore their coat, therefore the finances of that might not work.
Speaker 21: You probably are right there. But I know all our ones in New Plumber here, I know, I know I should. I'm not one hundred percent sure what I'm saying about, which how far they actually take a lot you see? Yeah, yeah right, it's all that economic end of the day. At the end of the day is I know that he uses a lot of I drink ginger beer and all that sort of stuff, and bottles like beer bottles and they use a lot of that to to basically to make new bottles. Again, so we got that going back regarding the recyclable plastics, but you said what you said about those numbers you just mentioned are correct, but what they should be. All companies should be made to make recyclable plastics.
Speaker 2: If they can't, I think, I think it doesn't make sense to recycle any plastic. Plastic just shouldn't be used.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I know, at the end of the day, you can't stop everything. What I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Is we put things in glass or and cardboard.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but that's a lot of hangs. So you've got weights your bottles, it's a lot of weight. So make things in plastics a lot lighter to transport. And it's all about weight when you put things on trucks and stuff, it's all about weight what you're caring. So it's all about that's what the balls down to talnage on a truck. So you can actually get a lot more talleage on a truck with plastics than you can like glass or whatever it might be. So I reckon all companies should be told only packaging. You can package stuff with us a supermarket. We ever industry you're in. It's got to be recycled those numbers that you've mentioned. Otherwise that's that you can't do it.
Speaker 2: But even when you're recycling those numbers, I think it's a really inefficient way to make new plastics. So I think that was recycling with the answer. But actually it doesn't make sense. You just shouldn't use stuff.
Speaker 21: But the end of the day, unless we know those numbers that you mentioned, less, we know that it is recycled, but a lot of stuff's not. They shouldn't now use that packaging to package.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what theultimate solutions going to be.
Speaker 21: I think we always going to a plastics. You can't avoid that lot.
Speaker 2: All stuff made out of bamboo now and mushrooms, and there's all sorts of other packaging that's a lot more that that doesn't take a million years to decompose.
Speaker 21: Yeah, what I'm saying, I go to the Supermarke and I'll get my coal sore and all that sort of salad and all that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and you'd be making your own colstal, wouldn't you peep?
Speaker 21: Single man.
Speaker 2: That's one of the great that's one of the great joys of life. Chopping vegetables. Haven't you seen John Cooman on that commercial for depression.
Speaker 21: Ah yeah, I'm just a supermarket man, but I say I need those containers in a supermarke and delicntest and that's all they have.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing you. I got to run nice to hear from your peak the strangest things you've done with coke. Yeah. I once had a bike that needed repairing and they needed to change the sheet. They need to remove the bicycle seat stem, and they must have taken the handlebar off or the pedal socket and poured coca cola and there to loosen the seat post, which I thought was interesting. That's the use for coca cola. So it has got uses around the workshop as well. You can cook with it, you can cook chicken in it, and do all sorts of things with it. So you might have a story about interesting uses for coca cola and confessions about the lazy things that you do. Untilso Donkey day and people are talking about recycling. There's a lot on. There's no new pope and there won't be before three in the morning when they vote again. So yeah, she's all happening. People, So you want to be a part of its ten past eleven Marcus till twelve. There's something different you want to bang on about too God happy for everything in this final hour Marcus My apartment block in Sydney, fourteen levels, one hundred apartments, three similar sizes, No recycling, everything down, a garbage shoot, bottles, plastic, the lot. There you go. Well, I would imagine there's going to be a time when they won't be recycling because people realize there's not the demand for it a per perhaps from glass. But anyway, that's probably a discussion for several years away. And I think probably the plastic industries we're dishonest when they convinced people that plastics could be recycled efficiently, because I think it's sort of been an expensive no exit road that councils and things have gone down. But yeah, doesn't stack up economically. It seems people bearing bubble wrap on their farms because they can't do anything with it. That's not great, is it? Oh well, not bubble wrap, sorry, baylage rap that stuff that they wrap those giant things. They must go through a lot of bailage rap. They've had groups that have tried to recycle it, but I think it's been performative. They want to look like they care about the environment, but I don't think nick no if it was ever legitimately recyclable at any scale. High Miket's Marcus.
Speaker 9: Welcome today, Marcus, how you're doing good?
Speaker 2: You go to up?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Good, good.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 11: I was listening the other night about the fence post the difference between the North and South Island.
Speaker 9: Yes, and I heard it the night you.
Speaker 11: Started talking about it. I don't know if you've got any further with it, but that's a definite thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess, I guess in the South Island. I don't know how, but often where where there's dairy or whatever, they just use that that dear fencing or that you know, the grid wire and that just goes that just goes with posts like every five meters, So that point of it's probably true.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, I wondered if it was something to do with the difference and terrain, like if you travel State Highway one, most of like going past ash Burton, Winchester, all the way through there, it's all five and seven wire posts, usually with wooden posts, and then quite a big space in between wartars. In the North Island it's post maybe wooden or concrete, but the batons are much much closer together, and they're little wooden batons as opposed to the metal warritars that are used in the South Island, very very noticeable all the way down the State Highway one.
Speaker 2: And what about another area is though if you're looking around central, if you look around up the coast, it's not University though.
Speaker 11: If you look down past fisl and all through there, it's all the five Wires stains on State Highway one on the South Island. And yet when you go through Hamilton and all that sort of area, the country roads there very much the baton I think the way I got involved and I first noticed that quite a few years ago, I was selling some bent posts I think called the Devil's Sins post, and the idea of that was that was you didn't have to threat wires through holes in the warrita. So it was a quick release on them and South Island and then we went to the North Island to field days there to try and sell some and we just found the fencing up there's just totally different to the South Island.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I don't know, I wondered if someone said there was more total available the North Island for batons, that that might have been what it was where it wasn't available in the South Island.
Speaker 11: Yeah, maybe may they. I wondered, like in the North Island it's a lot more rolling Hell Country, whereas you know, if you think about twice or State Highway one in that area, it's along straight stretches. And I wondered if it was maybe a baton fence follows the curve of the land better than a than the five and seven wires.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never really had a resatisfactory answer about I mean I didn't really look online, but there was nothing that satisfactory.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've never found an answer to it.
Speaker 2: But did they did they catch on those things you were selling at the field day? What were there there the wire things that didn't if you go through the holes.
Speaker 5: Of that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it had a vertical wire that went down the post and held all the wires and so a lot of the senses. They were concrete posts with a couple of wartors between them, but they were the ungorganized warritors and they'd cramp out. So when you had to cut the wires to untread, it all just went in a great bird's list of Okay, with the Devil's post, you could brang it in beside the fence, then locked the wires and then take the old warrior out and so you didn't have to rethread the whole thing. Contenually, the wire and the concrete place were all good.
Speaker 2: Is it still a thing that catch on.
Speaker 11: That We've still a few of them get made. But no, just couldn't get the thing to hit the market because it's just the resistance to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what we are betting might like to hear from you. Thank you, good evening markets Marcus. Wah wah, whah whah, welcome.
Speaker 6: Okay mate. The Kayleie Bell young lady, talented, talented young woman was supposed to play the Knight of Champions down here in Cambridge, one of the big trotting events a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Poored was rained.
Speaker 6: It has got biblical. No one was there. Everyone was inside the Yeah, absolutely, and I just felt for this kid walked out there delivered.
Speaker 2: Oh she came through.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's classico because it's hard to win over there, crodding crowd on a wet day in Cambridge. Wow, goodness, gotta be do you know, do you know her back cannon?
Speaker 6: Look, I would never cloth as I've said, as I was spoken about with a couple of people. Look, I like a little bit of country rock.
Speaker 2: The country she's written a lot of. I mean she's not young. I mean, I know you say she's young, which is endearing. She must be thirty five, but she must have written forty hits.
Speaker 6: My goodness. Yeah, that's impressive songwriting. It's impressive songwriting. Bless her soul. But no, look, I just thought i'd dropped them with that. You've obviously killing time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you get a payout?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 6: No, Look, hey something have you heard about that eat leather dissy medial shower that's flying out of the world moment.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of media showers. They never eventuated. You're not going to spend the whole time out looking. It's a full media shore is a fulls game because you never got to see them, are you No?
Speaker 7: Really not?
Speaker 2: That's my take on that. Mark Jim AND's Marcus good evening, Good Jim.
Speaker 9: I just want to talk about Cola yes please, Yeah, originally it was and I think I had traces of cocaine in it. And the traces of cacaine or I definitely.
Speaker 2: I think it was the leaves, so yeah, the deriv the core ingredient.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Now I think that boy who been that's sold on and it's a cake of colar today And I'm never practical graus. It gets rid the rust of chrome, isn't it? You're a rustaurant crime and makes it all shiny and new again?
Speaker 2: How do you? How do you apply it?
Speaker 9: Just like what a just with the rag? I think it's the chemicals on the cape. It's eats wear the rust or something. Yeah, okay, sorry, I like pipsy Yeah, me too. Yes, it's not as hash like PHYSI is.
Speaker 3: Take Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I also try that draft colar time to time with the kids. Every drink. I've tried that. That's not bad either.
Speaker 9: Which one?
Speaker 2: Sorry, the draft it's the blue label with a star on it, draft colar.
Speaker 9: I've never seen it before, don't you.
Speaker 2: It's got like a blue and ery label.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 9: I must have been that observant of it.
Speaker 2: Because I don't. I don't know what the story is with it because I never see it advertiser anywhere, but it seems to still be on those shelves. And it's only in the bottles. It's not in a two lead or anything like that. It's just in the small.
Speaker 9: Ones don't taste all right, So I think.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 9: Oh, I don't mind the cola.
Speaker 2: I can't stand there. Have you ever mixed pepsi and cola and colon?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 9: I haven't have you.
Speaker 2: I think someone famous it was something. I think that's a thing. I think people do that.
Speaker 9: I've mixed the raspberry cordial the trips raspberry cake. That's nice, sort of takes the edge of the old colon, makes it a bit more raspberry. And just playing coke okay, Jim, Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: In Southland let from Yim. In Southland raspberry coke. Everyone drinks raspberry co I think it's a horrible thing. I'd say it would be the most common non everyone's at the bar always a raspberry coke. I've ever seen that in Southland. But ye's a thing. I don't know why. I don't know where it came from, but it's quite disgusting tasting. Good evening, Helger, it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 22: Oh hi, now how are you good?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 7: Helga.
Speaker 22: I'm talking about glass. I locked up glass and there's the sea glass at seven fifty two Great South Roads, Penrose. I make thousands of glass bottles.
Speaker 2: And jars from recycled stuff. Yep, what's it.
Speaker 3: Called busy d I s y well?
Speaker 22: Okay, it used to be another name for the glass fattery when I was a kid lived. I went to Penros High in the sixties. So I just i'd let you know, because.
Speaker 2: Now it's not called Penrose High anymore, is it.
Speaker 22: No wonder you Hollis held college. It's because kids were naughty after I left.
Speaker 2: I'd always had a terrible reputation, didn't it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 22: In the sixties we had a very good report, I'm reputation because we had mister Stacy and a lady. He had mistress, Mss Hamilton. So it was very good in sixty three to sixty six, and then it must have gone wrong after that.
Speaker 2: What year did it open?
Speaker 22: I don't know. Well, I was seventy six and I went in the sixties, so probably quite a long time.
Speaker 2: Are you you were a founding student?
Speaker 22: No, I don't. I don't know. I haven't looked at up.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I don't know much about the only time I've been there. I've been there for I went there for a citizenship ceremony. A friend of mine he married someone from Russi and her daughter became a citizen. It was quite the thing to go to a citizenship ceremony. Actually, I knew several people there was good. I don't know how long ago that was quite moving anyway.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus slash Nights, listen live to News Talk Set B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.