Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Guns Studio and brought to you by Export After the perfect beer for a Friday early knockoff. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the twenty third of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Next Sport of Ultra Morning Morning Man, I A. Stewart has everything going this week? Oh so good. It's good to hit a Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last night, my partner she was like, when we're not drinking, so she brought home a fake bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: Oh it was just grape Jess, how did it go? I got it?
Speaker 3: It was in a wine did taste like like Robina, but it was in a wine bottle, And so she pull me a glass and then and then I had two glasses and I was sitting in front of the teeth and going, oh, no, I'm not I thought I got a placebo drunk on.
Speaker 1: Have you ever driven a car? Even though to finish my story, I woke up this morning and I've been feeling a little bit dusty, sicking there, hungover, But then it was actually just no, I'm not right. Have you ever driven a car after six zero percent? Beers I have. That's exhilarating, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you ever driven along drinking a zero percent beer while you're driving? No, but that I imagine, I mean, would you be so bold as to drive through a checkpoint drinking a zero zero beer?
Speaker 1: So all the time you pull up there.
Speaker 3: We've got a live one here and the you got zero zero and they say, well, we're just going to fake the results and arrest you anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because for being a doubt, you're as quite clearly hamred. Otherwise you wouldn't have thought this was funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a zero zero after twenty five normal beers does not get you off the hook.
Speaker 1: Have you ever allegedly hit a deer while driving through a forest blind drunk? I have not sounds specific to someone in the room, it would if. I mean, look, it hasn't happened, but if it did, I imagine it would be terrifying because the deer would have just been standing there steering at you, and the whole thing would have happened in slow motion. Yeah. And did the person evolve have to put the deer out of its misery? No, that the deer allegedly just bounced off the front bumper and went on with its life well, and then then stood there allegedly for another few seconds before allegedly bounding off back into the forest.
Speaker 3: My mate, fuck Knuckle. He got really steam driving up from ver Cargo wants to see us, and and he plowed through like like some sheep had got out of the panic and he plowed through fifty sheep.
Speaker 1: It was like a national scandal. And fifty sheep. Yeah, well, you know, I didn't think he kilt, like hit fifty sheep, but he had.
Speaker 3: I don't know the percentage of sheep he had, but there was fifty sheep on the road and he plowed into them. It was just horrific, Like just thinking about how horrible that cleanup would have been. And yeah, and when you don't get the name fuck Knuckle for well, that's it, isn't it. That's the kind of behavior you get up to on the way back.
Speaker 1: Home from the lakes and sort of Odamatada area back through to wayomany one time we're at the fish and chip shop and the Kurau home Orige McCaw. Yeah, threw leftover fish and chips onto the road and a car came around the corner at one hundred ks and cleaned up what honestly felt like fifty sea guys. It was horrendous. It was like, yeah, well large feathers.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: G Lane threw a topper onto the road and some chips by the two four.
Speaker 3: D just south of the octagon and dneda and I'll never forget the sound of car heading seagull.
Speaker 1: It's quite a thud coming down that same road. One time, my mother and I and she hit a duck. Poor duck just can get out of the road quick enough. And we stopped because like it was all splittered through the grill, and we stopped at the petrol station and the attendant was just like, because a look, I do your hood for a second, and he popped the hood. Sure enough, duck beak coming out from behind the radiator. Are we sure that ducks are good parents. I'm fairly certain they're not, because.
Speaker 3: A duck will be like I've got seventeen ducklings and I'm just going to cross a main road here, I.
Speaker 1: Reckon the duck. I don't think that active parents. I think they're just doing what they're doing. And if the ducklings come along, and the ducklings come along. Yeah, they're not actively parenting them.
Speaker 3: I once went to watch the Oxford v Cambridge rowing race on the Thames. Was that the old shit in Hemmersmith, that pub and a duck with its ducklings, and one of the ducks was getting sucked towards a drain, and the whole crowd like there must have been ten thousand people there were just horrify, just just to praying that the praying that the duck would not get sucked down the hole, and that little duckling forught and fought and fort and finally got out of there.
Speaker 1: It was one of the most The whole crowd went up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was you know, this race was going past and the duckling getting out of the drain was so important that people were cheers and the vibe for the rest of the day it was beautiful summer's day. Just that that one duckling made put a lot of joy to Yeah, as.
Speaker 1: You say, a bunch of tots who wouldn't have been used to seeing that kind of thing. No, I am in a past life. Sure our packers around the UK, and because no one's making a cent off in our packer, they're not livestock. They're essentially pets. They are all owned by tofts. Ah, So you end up going to these like one of these places I went to is owned by She was a lawyer, the woman for you know, the big two thousand and eight financial meltdown. She got a bunch of the banks in the UK bailed out as well. Ah, and so shoot billionaire Gatehouse sad to let you and blah blah blah. Her daughter had never seen someone touched there ol packers before. So I walk into the earth just looking like I looked at that time, big beard, big bushy hair, similar to how I look now, but more like when they pulled Saddam Hussein out of that hole. And so I show up and then I lifted this out packer clean off the ground, and the girl started screaming because she'd never seen the animals man handled before.
Speaker 3: So that meme that's going around now with the l packer that's been shorn except for its hair on its face, everyone's cracking up, as that would be nothing to you.
Speaker 1: You would not laugh at that. I don't even think I've seen it. It's either a lama or an el packer. Well, the banana ears of the key Lama Sean. I mean there's a bunch of photos of them were used to our calling card was shaving a mullet into the olt packer right, so to be all entirely shorn except for the head and then down the back of the neck. Now that would have caused untold skin conditions throughout the life of that ol packer. But I can't find it. But I creeped me up. Yeah, it's a good party when you got We've got two dudes looking up for about five minutes.
Speaker 3: Could you get anything worse than two dudes sitting trying to look up pictures of Sean al Packer, Like if you're trying to make.
Speaker 1: Like it's a surreal joke, like you're an unfunny toffee British comedian ago, it's about as interesting as two podcasters sitting on their phones looking up pictures of Sean L. Packers. That's right. And if you're listening to this, I've lost a lot of respect. You know what, what, you don't have any thing better to do with your time and listen to to Urseholves look up pictures of our packers? Fuck you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also in their defense, they thought it was a sports that they didn't know we were going to do that. They thought we'd be we'd be getting deep into the Leon McDonald raiser.
Speaker 1: Robinson split. Yeah, I've got a theory on that.
Speaker 3: We'll get I've got a theory on that as well, and I pitched it to Joey Wheeler this morning. Let's we'll park it, we'll get back to it again. I've just got more memes to look up and just spend a little bit of time on my phone.
Speaker 1: I was. I come on the Met and Jerry show this morning covering g Lane for his weekly cross just the tip the hunch as well gave out this morning, Shawn Johnson. So much better having you than Glane. There's not like there's not like a It's like having a person that's not an arsonist to come around to your house. If you're used to an arsonist turning out once a week to twice a week to set fire to your house, it's quite nice when a fireman turns up. What did he did? We didn't do too much, But I'll tell you what he didn't do. It didn't he didn't burn the kitchen down. Yeah, that's right. And actually Glane won an award just last night. Oh yeah, I'll talk about it on the podcast. He won each each quarter, I think that one hundred dollars gets dished out to one member of staff and another ten dollars gets dished out to member staffs tradition we have. And he won ten dollars for getting canceled the other week we thought, what is the price of cancelation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's definitely lost more money than ten dollars. You know, he's probably not square here again, Yeah, I don't think. I don't think that squeze up. But I won ten dollars in that as well. But I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Oh you've got it right there. Why was it rolled up so tightly? Was it rolled up? Yeah? It's because you're off the beer and you got to It's a great question. But anyway, what did you win? Yours?
Speaker 3: For shameless self promotion across the whole company of my book of life less Punishing, perfect Father's Day gift by the.
Speaker 1: Way, So there I go again? Do I have to give you another ten dollars line? It was like managing because when my book came out, my publisher was like, were you promoent? I'll go I'll just walk around every brief show and they're all within arms reach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll just walking on which Vaughn and Hailey promoted it there, or blast John on the bend that John on being I've got to swipe you to that area. They can't stop me getting into this promoting my book, So I just went everywhere.
Speaker 1: So I got ten dollars for that. Did you manage to get onto Hosking? I didn't.
Speaker 3: Actually in Hosking slagged it off, he said, because my publishers sent him a copy and they got me to sign it, and he was angry that that.
Speaker 1: You'd signed it.
Speaker 3: That he iay thought that he was an influencer because he saw that he saw the list of people that had got it.
Speaker 1: I would say that, and then he was like, I'm not screw that. I'm not going to read it. If Matt's not going to give me a version. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a tongue in check because he's always doing those tongue in cheese slack offs. But I was like, he's mentioning it, that's right. Yeah, So I mean he's mentioning it to the biggest audience. So I probably shifted a few units. I'm having a little bit, but he's been very nice about other stuff in the past, so he just sort of had a bit of a shot a few across my bow ironic that.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's not an influencer, because he also thinks he has the most influence out of any broadcaster. So you sort of a swings aroundabouts analog influencer, analog influencer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like the idea that because you're influencing on social media. I mean, we're all influencers.
Speaker 1: Everyone's an influencer.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm constantly influencing my kids with my bullshit takes whilere watching the news.
Speaker 1: The amount of influence I have over my cat. You know, there's a huge cat influencer, whether it.
Speaker 3: Cat influence. How many followers you got one just just just the one cat. Yeah, it only follows me.
Speaker 1: No. I mentioned coming on your show about five minutes ago. I wanted to say that you accused you've brought to my attention a curse that I didn't know I had.
Speaker 3: Well, to be fair, I'm not sure that it is a curse or not, but I was as sort of a protocolish and I think I might have made up protocol that doesn't exist, because when we met MICHAELA. Blyth And in middle Yes, you put it around your neck, And I thought, and I'm not sure people might be able to tell us on the talk pack function on the iHeartRadio app with the yours please whether it is some kind of protocol that you have to have won the medal to put it around your neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always thought it was that.
Speaker 3: So I held it up in this kind of weird way in the pictures where I look actually quite a lot like you Grant in the picture, which I was quite happy with. Not many people would be heavy with it looking like you Grant, but I am that's what I need. But I'm holding up on a weird way. But you put it around your neck, and I just think of anything happens this weekend sporting wise, it doesn't go our way, I think they could.
Speaker 1: Be the start of a new curse.
Speaker 3: So I'm yeah, so whatever happens this weekend is that it could be the curse of the gold medal.
Speaker 1: It could be that was that only this week was that Tuesday? Yeah it was Tuesday. Yeah, it seems like a long time ago. So yeah, so it's really in my defense a couple of points. First, as she she told me to put it around my neck. Okay. Her second point was, and I said this this morning, if the rule is you're only allowed to put it on if you won it. Yeah, she said, we all wont it. New Zealand won it. This is New Zealand's medal. So yeah, you're rights and tertiary piece of evidence you're on. The strap was so worn out and dirty, like it had been by a lot of people constantly.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, well we'll take that into account potentially depending on how the results go this weekend. But I've got to say, if I won the medal as well as she did, because we all want.
Speaker 1: It, we did, why is she in such good shape? And I'm such a piece of chef. That's a good point. Why don't I get the physical games as well? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, how come I'm running? They sloppy rig if I'm inn lumpack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, riddle me that, McCay, Yeah quick. That one out in Hillary, by the way, last night, absolutely smashed Jonah and the greatest New Zealander Oh really yeah, obliterated him. Wow, I didn't expect that. Over a thousand votes on Instagram as well and seventy nine percent in favor of her. Ed. I wonder why that is.
Speaker 3: I guess it did a lot of charity work as he grew older and did a lot of stuff putting earputs into Nepal. So that second part was tragically Jonah had that that later part of his life stolen from him by ill health.
Speaker 1: That that exact point was raised in the comments on Instagram, to which someone replied and said, yeah, but I never saw Edd Hillary run over Mike Cat, so swings and roundabouts.
Speaker 3: Really so I sort of looking back at that tackle by Mike Cat and he's sort of going backwards as such sympathetic. I mean, he went on to have a fantastic career Mike Cat. Overall, he probably made a lot more money. He was in the team for a lot longer the English team obviously. I mean, no one's excited about him as they are Joana O Lomba. But if you talk about longevity of career, then Mike Kat is a a English rugby legion.
Speaker 1: But so I don't I think I might have packed up and gone home after that, like pack my boots up after that, because he's sort of going backwards. He puts his hands up, and he just had resigned himself. Yeah, it resigned himself to getting run over by Jonah Lommer. Yeah, it was kind of like, this is going to happen, so just go with it. You know what can I do? Am I going to rally against it? Probably to Jonah on his ass? I'm going to get st them road And you know, yeah, I don't think I would have heard of Mike Catt or wouldn't have remembered him if he had.
Speaker 3: I've got two stories about both of those people's downstairs, as if you've got time to hear them.
Speaker 1: Always one.
Speaker 3: Jerry Wells went to the same gym as Joona loom Me for a while and it was a it was a it was an elite gym only for the most elite people. And so your clothes are there and washed and dried, and all the people that work in this gym. You have to be invited to go to this gym, and it's gentlemen only, and all the people the trainers there are like in their eighties and they kind of wear suits and stuff and so, and your your clothes are waiting for you there and your locker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's only by invite over. I assumed six is a large part of this arrangement, and that's got an eye why shut kind of vibe about it.
Speaker 3: But John Loma was a member and all the business round Table and all these kind of elite people, so you know, of course they invite John Alma. Do you want to go to this first gym? He's like, yeah, yes, of course, of course I do. And so these flesh people also want, like actual people that are flashed. And then did they take his kidney out of Yeah, I think there was some kind of kidney rich all that I mean. But so Jerry got extensive lock at what Jonah Lomma was running and he said pretty.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I always sort of feel like God balances the balance sheet. Yeah, but evidently not. Some people just have it all.
Speaker 3: And secondly, second story around Sudmand Hillary is downstairs, Mark Sainsbury, yes, and Tom Tom Scott. They went back for a special re like an anniversary trip to Mount Everest and they were writing story about it and they and Sir Edmund Hilly was there. But Sir Edmond Hillary old at the time, got a terrible case of ad altitude sickness and he was unconscious and then he sort of came around, but he needed to weep and he couldn't get out of his bed, and it was it was complicated, and so Mark Sainsbury had to grab.
Speaker 1: Sand Hillary's.
Speaker 3: Penis and put it into a bottle to urinate it so it has strong super he had.
Speaker 1: He had to tending it.
Speaker 3: He had to carry the thing at the last few inches to get to the top and put it in a bottle. Well, Hilly unleashed into the bottle.
Speaker 1: Wow. Also apparently an impressive operation. Gave a good account of himself. Yeah he did six six apparently. Yeah, and made a joke.
Speaker 3: He goes a bit you didn't think you could be holding on to the guy climb mountain? Was a deck this morning when you got up?
Speaker 1: Did you or some kind of rye aside like that. So he got his sure about Yeah, did not think. Didn't have Yeah, didn't have edd Hillary's deck on my Bengo card for today's podcast. But yeah. He smashed Joan seventy over twelve hundred votes on Instagram as well. This thing is hot en up and today two dear friends of yours, Jason Gunn, I'm currently in a set of ads for let's KIF with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not getting paid to do another plug now, So you're you're in a bunch of ads for Export Ultra with him at the moment. Yeah, that's seen I built out.
Speaker 1: Versus your dear friend Stacy Jones. Oh ship, I just saw Stacy Jones. He was out there. Yeah, they said a press con and to announced the KIWIS schedule, which, again as it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't for your wasn't a proof conference about his big face off today against Jason Gunn.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. Who's taller Jason Gunn or Stacy Jones. Jason Gunn would be, wouldn't he? Probably you've seen both of them recently, I have neither of them. Are all both great New Zealanders. Who's less sure? I guess the way to describe it. I don't know how this one's going to go. I just I really can't pick it too. That's so apples and peers. That's what's happening in the second round. Yeah, so I think Stacy Jones, but I could be way off on that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Jason Gunn does a lot of you know, he's on broadcasts a long time since he was like eighteen years old. Yeah, and also he said in credily successful career, his daughter is on a US sitcom at the moment, Is that right? Yep, she's on that show Animal Control with the bloody guy from Community.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 3: I can't remember tall, not that that helps him, but Joe McKay, John McCall. Yeah, so she's she's in this third season on NBC or something. So she's a very successful actress over there.
Speaker 1: Givin McAll. It's John McAll and Stacy Jones took us to the two thousand and two Grand Final. So yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: And also it's done a lot of work around giving people quick cash if they need it.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Yeah? How many daries has Jason Gunn rolled in the coach's box for the Warriors this season? Yeah? I would argue, no, I don't know, I don't know. I can't pick that one. But then yeah, god, I would have totally picked jone to win. So you know, even if I am picking up then that's right. So you're a chance to vote on that on Instagram and Facebook, Go and have your say. There's round two and yeah, we'll tell you who won on Monday. There's plethora of rounds to get through this weekend. All right, We're going to take a quick break and come back and I don't know, maybe talk sports. The biggest sporting story this week is Shawn Johnson Stadium tonight. Yep, you're heating out to the game. Did I ask you this the other day? No, I'm not, because I'm I've got a speech. I'm doing a new line.
Speaker 3: Actually, all right, yeah, on my book of life is punishing a perfect Father's Day present if you're looking for one.
Speaker 1: This podcast is going to cost me hundreds of dollars by the end of this if I'm going to give you ten dollars.
Speaker 3: But I did have tickets actually for it, but I've had to give them away. But it'll be it'll be interesting to be tears. And I was asking a question on the manjury. But for sure this morning as Uber changing the name of the stadium so people can find their way out there, because you should be able to just put in Shawn Johnson Stadium and it should take you right there.
Speaker 1: Well, at risk of pouring the shit out of every listener this podcast, once you got on the phone, I'll bring my ober up again because This is the thing that's kind of annoyed me about this renaming thing. It's like it's such lip service. How many places are you renaming it?
Speaker 3: I want to see a sign up, I want to see I want to see some you know, the I mean not that necessary stadium is necetarly have.
Speaker 1: The name on them on them. And also, like I was saying, you said on the Mad Monday podcast, like the only cool part about it would be if you had a ticket stub with Shawn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to walk through the gates and it's got to say Sean Johnson Stadium. Hooper's got to have changed it the name to Sewan Johnsonton it hasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get an uber to Shane Johnson, Pharmacy and Victoria, So it's going to be fucking rammed at Pharmacy to So yeah, I'll be out there commentating the game with Tony Lysle So we'll be live on Skysport nine and we'll be telling you all, I'm sure they've got a lot up their sleeve, and watch the lights and the opposition commentary box. Yes, because it's in your side of the thing. Yeah, I've got I can reach the light switch for the visiting coach, So I'll be fucking with them bless. Yeah. The the reason that Stacey Jones was in this morning is because the Kiwis have just announstayed three test series. There's going to be the Pacific Nations Cup. I think they called it or something like that, same thing they did last year. Basically, the two biggest things that came out of that for me, one was Roger to us ship has pledged his allegiance to someone, which tells me he did not get picked and wow, well on someone anyway, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And then the other one was like when is like can Mitch Barnett switch allegiances? Like when's the wins the time up on Earth? Well, yeah, I mean state of a kind of situation. Yeah, I suppose that recently because you don't you don't want to, Yeah, you want to be what you want to be in one of those states. But idea, say if he doesn't get picked for state of Origin next year, we might find a Kewi grandmother somewhere in his lineage.
Speaker 3: God, I wish they do State of O and then the winning team plays Kiwis. That's a great idea state of o in the winner plays one more game at in Auckland against the Kiwis.
Speaker 1: Yeah that no one ever thought of that. Why is New Zealand not just one of the states of origin? Yeah, and then you make it a three way series, shy And I think this has been asked before and people are just like, oh, no, but that's not what it's always been. Yeah, but it didn't exist at a certain point exactly. Someone came up with it. Yeah, so why can't we come up with that?
Speaker 3: Would be so good though, Like then you played the win who plays the Kiwis, and then there there'll be a good ways a like a one off novelty game kind of, you know, like a one off not novelty game, and then then there would ease it into.
Speaker 1: It being a three way series. Yeah, open the gate. Yeah, so yeah, just bring much into the into the Kewys. Poris McDonald is probably the biggest, by the way, when do we stop calling him Poris McDonald? Do you remember he's playing for Canbury Dome, rattled so often that his brains were porridge and then somehow the only man to have cured himself from CTE to become a coach and now no longer a coach because he's just been sacked by Raiser. What happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, well I was I was put on the spot by Joe Wheeler this morning on what I thought on that, and I do have a theory. It's kind of half baked, but it goes back to when Razor Robinson was talking about what it was like to be the All Blacks coach during the English the English being down here and he said, well, you know, he looked around the room like he just smoked some methanfit of me and he said a lot of selectors, a lot of selectors. He goes, no, no, it's good, it's good. It's good, like you do when you've been caught telling the truth. Good, it's good to have the help a lot of selectors. And I just was thinking about it. He's a guy, I mean, he's called Raiser Robinson. He's a guy that very focused and I think, okay, this sort of wider thing like Steve Henson was a coach, but he was a mess of political operator in New Zealand rugby, so he wasn't he he was establishment. Raiser sort of come there and he's not establishment and he is dealing with a lot of stuff from a lot of people, a lot of selectors, a lot of politics from New Zealand Rugby union, and I think they would be hard for a person to deal with. So I think he's just going I just don't. I just need my team under me to be on my side because I'm getting a lot of shit from above me without some other guy without So yeah, So I think it's just.
Speaker 1: One too many things.
Speaker 3: He needs someone that's completely on his side to fight the good fight around selections and around because this chat it's around the Mark Talia Princess Tilias selection. Yes, apparently there's Leon wanted him, you know, blues player whatever, and it didn't pure selection, pure speculation that's been made by a lot of people. But he's like, I've got all these selectors around me, I'm having to deal with all these people.
Speaker 1: I need you to not be the person I'm arguing with. We need to be a team.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 1: That's my polling it out of my ass understanding of the situation. And then also like a big part I was reading an article this morning it was saying a big part of the Crusaders thing was like if there's something wrong, like call it out straight away and fix it, don't dwell on it, Yeah, fester and let it become a problem. What I think has happened. And you know, I've had inside word about this. Are you're going to scuttle my bullshit from the outside. Yeah, it's a it's a differing of opinions that has stemmed over the last few weeks. When Razor asked Leon McDonald what he made of the whole Reagun debacer, and Leo McDonald said, I actually thought it was quite good dancing, And Razor said interesting, Yeah, yeah, right, you're not coming with us to South Africa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't see Raiser getting over that one. No, because how could you, how could your judgment be that poor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Then I'm calling into question. I'm just gonna I'm not gonna respect any anything you say from now on because you don't recognize real street shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's what Ragon's gone on with third Poros McDonald. Now, the NPC's probably the only other sport that's happening this weekend as well. We've got a big, big ran Fairly shield challenge here, we do. We it's the Hawks or Hooks but obviously they hold it at McLean Park in Northland. They're going to challenge for it. They're paying four dollars twenty. That's a huge omen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a huge omen or a bit of comedy odds, the tab the Tear Bear.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm talking to Carl from the TB on the a SEC Sports book next. I might ask him about that.
Speaker 3: Because that will excite some extra bits. If you see, I'm going to go, Yeah, I'll probably put some money on four twenty.
Speaker 1: I'm investing in it. Yeah, yeah, I'm going to invest in it quite heavily. Yeah. The the Ranfilly shield just as a as a thing, like an icon. It is so good, isn't it. Yeah. I don't know why other sports don't have it. We've talked at length about the Saudi Suitcase, which is basically a Randfilly shield that's introduced it to super rugby. But it's just got a million dollars in Saudi blood money. I love that. So instead of winning the shield, you just win cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll give it a luck and you get something off it. I think you get there's some kind of bonus onthing there already. If you look the current one yeah, oh absolutely it is there?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 1: Is it the actual original one or do they trot out decoy shield? Surely there's only one shield. I certainly got to be only one. But I heard that there was, you know, the actual ones in like the Rugby Museum somewhere really something, and then they, yeah, I don't know, they just have the party one. I think. So I hope that's not true. Yeah, I hope that's tru not too as well.
Speaker 3: So Also, the other NBC game this weekend I gues se whate's excited about is Tiger Canterbury in Auckland.
Speaker 1: That's the big, big grudge match. But it's also sorry, what was I talk about this? It was silly of me.
Speaker 3: I always say a Targer the big grudge match, Auckland Canterbury. This is ostensibly a sports podcast, mate, you need you fa yeah yeah, yeah yeah. But the interesting thing before that, I got the one a they the first fifteen final, oh right, against the Saint Knigan Scholarship fifteen versus Kelston Boys at two twenty they both opening for Canterbury Auckland.
Speaker 1: That'd be a pretty good game to go along to. Was it a national thing or is that just Auckland Aukland high schools. Yeah, no, the nuts of national thing, isn't it. Do you have to have a child at either high school to go along and watch? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wonder if to be because I was think about going down because the end of the road. But people go, you don't have a kid here, you you're weird. Yeah, but I think it'd be pretty good to watch them first fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, I don't know. I don't think I've watched one since I left school. Right.
Speaker 3: If my son's schools playing, they get their full KT on like they're American kids and go and look for fights with the other team.
Speaker 1: And then at what point do we lose that? Because the MPC doesn't have that. Yeah, because like first fifteen games, when I was at school, there'd be you know, the white taked boys that come over the hill. They get a chainsaw no no blade on it out of that chasing each other around. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets pretty full on in my neighborhood. If my kids school playing Auckland Grammar, yeah, there these kids. There's hundreds of kids in full full KT like full full.
Speaker 4: You know, scarves, hats, gangs in New York carrying flags yeah, Gangs of New Line, and then they wouldn't even know name a single wall Black, name a single little team.
Speaker 3: They'll know everything about everyone in their first fifteen but then suddenly post school young people now just go.
Speaker 1: Fuck that sport. That's what I'm done with it. Yeah. So yeah, No, I haven't gotten out to an MPC game obviously, it's only we got two three. Yeah, but I love watching the MPC. It's my favorite, my favorite, well actually Heartland probably, But just the greater the talent discrepancy within a competition, the more enjoyable it is to watch them.
Speaker 3: Heartland's rugby is great because people can sell dummies that will move an entire defensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, three meters to the left. Yeah, now you're going to have to watch twenty minutes of consecutive knock ons. It's gonna happen. Yeah. The props are not props as you would recognize them from the professional They have been in the top paddock. They have been on the top edit. Yes, they've wanted very well. And then there's always just one dude who's like, probably should be playing super rugby, yeah, just cutting through. Yeah, and you don't get to see that at any other level. You know, the old school jounalo who run down the sideline. You only see that in Heartland now.
Speaker 3: But it is quite nice because rugby now at the upper echelons and Super Rugby and International rugby, everyone is so fast and so freaking huge that the field isn't wide enough for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at NPC the field just feel.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit wider, Like it just feels like you go like three or four meters to work with that you don't have on the on on Super rugby and do just rugby.
Speaker 1: It is, so I'm looking for I don't think. I don't think they televised the Heartland game. They used to do once one a week, but I don't know if they do anymore. But anyway, I'm looking forward to that, the Shield challenge. I can't see Northland winning that at four twenty, but stranger things have happened, haven't they. Yeah, it's gonna make it even harder for South Canterbury to get up to challenge for it. That's even further away than as All right, let's take one more quick break. We'll come back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought you by Leader Home of.
Speaker 1: It's the one call it so far today, and he has this to say for himself, call it yours.
Speaker 5: Please, Lad's Black Clash Tennis. Love the idea, but you've already done the cricket versus rugby thing. So I reckon open it up sports stars from many code, let them choose their own partner. Could be another sports star, could be a comedian, could be a tennis pro, or just have the tennis pros as coaches. Only get some beers going get a DJ and there's some local talent, some shavy whoever. I reckon you be on for a good day.
Speaker 1: Unpacked that. So it's a it's the Black Clash of tennis.
Speaker 3: Yes, like we were talking about yesterday, one good athlete and they picked one.
Speaker 1: Well he's saying it could be anyone. And then you have an actual tennis player as you coach. Oh okay, And I think the best part about the way tennis works is you could have the entire thing miked up so you could hear both athletes the entire time. Yeah. I remember last year we talked to Jonathan Thurston at the Black Clash and but it was just him. Yeah, look, we had we could talk to him and I actually felt bad because we were chilling his ear off. Yeah, he was just trying to enjoy bowling at Brian Lara. But how shit was Brian? We can say that the whole thing was an embargo where we had to like talk him up. It comes on up about twenty five beers the whole day at the golf and then he was so surprised he thought it was it was like a I don't know, his testimonial game wherever. He couldn't believe it when they were like whizzling around bol mills.
Speaker 3: First one come off his chin and he was like, what the fuck I think he's supposed to be giving me half follies. He was like, I'm supposed to be getting half follies. As helmmet couldn't fit.
Speaker 1: On his face. We called for a helmet after the first ball, yeah, and they and then they sent out a child's helmet, comedy helmet. It's pretty funny. Jas is about bowled about. Yeah, yeah, that was and then well he went out, he went out, and then they didn't give him out because he was Brian Lara.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, we're supposed to be talking about this.
Speaker 3: And then, But but my point about that was then people were like going like there was heaps of feedback. It's like Jonathan Thurston's trying to play the game and the commentators are talking to them that they're they're they're calling into question the integrity of the game.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, well, Jonathan Thurston's bowling at Brian Laura. What integrity?
Speaker 3: Jonathan Thurston's bowling at a fifty for fifty five year old drunk Brian Lira with a kid's helmet on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There were photos of Brian Lara from that afternoon with Lee Hart on the beers, and Lee was rad ass when I saw him, So I can only imagine what Brian Lara. It wouldn't be as best fit as Leeward Well, Jesus, Lee Heart did not apply sunscreen that day.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I remember from from the shots we saw, the SPF on Snacker chamion chips is very low. Speaking of which, how different is the razer we see today and press conferences compared to the one we saw at the Black Clash on a segue racing around the sideline after about four thousand beers falling off constantly.
Speaker 1: Break get a few more beers into him? Yeah, he wouldn't have sacked Loa McDonald. But yeah, I think the black class of tennis is great. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: I played some tennis against Jimmy Wells at the ASP Stadium.
Speaker 1: I imagine Jeremy to be very good at tennis.
Speaker 3: He's that kind of upper lit ischlong guy that had a tennis private tennis cup. Well he's got a tennis court as he grew up at a house with a tennis court in a basketball court.
Speaker 1: And a cricket needs in housing crisis. Yeah, yeah, it was anyway, you have four families and there. Yeah, yeah, exactly. But I I injured myself.
Speaker 3: I like played like I couldn't walk for a literally was hobbling around and crutches for a month after playing that tennis there. So you've got to pick your partner here, for it can't just be anyone. I mean, yeah, you know, I mean, because tennis is quite full on the changing of directions that you know, you can't just go from zero to tennis, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, no, one hundred percent. But I think it's a great idea. I think you could enter a whole bunch of different, you know, combinations, Like you said, comedians and blah blah blah like Leeharder. I'd love to watch Lee play tennis.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of power off the calves, but I don't know what he's and he can come at you straight, but I haven't seen him change direction in about twenty five years. No, because he waddles. Yeah, so he's very He's very north south, isn't it. He's like a container ship.
Speaker 1: It's like you've got to decide the course, will go that course, but you can't go around an iceberg. And then after about five thousand, he's like the Titanic I should have say, yeah, or the one tried to come out of the Harbor and America and the lights shut off and it crashed into the bridge, I know, the one in Baltimore and you're like, you can't stop, You're just still powering into it. That's Lee after about five million beers plowing into the net at. I do love that idea. So comedians versus uh, shortened street actors. I don't know what what kind of like Oh no, Johnny too Good, Yeah, Johnny too Good and Dave Dobbin and Dave Dobbin versus Raygan and Andy Lee. You know, I think I think you could open yourself up for I'd watch that, yeah, one hundred watch I'd watch that. Yeah, Lee Hart and Nadie Limb versus I don't know, Simon Dello and Al Brown and oh my god, Simon Dello and l Brown. That's a cracker team. Yeah, so I reckon, there's some legs that We've got one more voicemail here, yours please.
Speaker 5: I forgot to add everybody north coxstraight.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, thank you, all right, let's knock this thing on the here. All right, thank you very much. I think ge Lane makes a welcome return to the Gender Podcast on Monday. Well, I don't know. We'll see how this weekend goes, all right. Well, the a SEC sports Book will be on the same feed later on today. Enjoy your weekend. Heah, you too, and I are and I'll be listening tonight. So we have a good call.
Speaker 2: All right, you've been listening to the ACC's a Gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for wom you get your podcasts