Speaker 1: The Flavor Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Island Roots Aucklan Ways.
Speaker 3: This one's for the Brown brothers and sisters who want to be one with themselves, their culture, their identity, their roots. This is Island Roots Auckland Ways.
Speaker 2: You gotta go to Teleflower. Welcome back to another episode of Ireland Roots alcome Way Sex.
Speaker 4: We back to Fem's blue carpet. Someone asking us to sing our name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thankfully that never made it onto the social media. In hindsight, we did social I was watching the other people who introduced themselves with their names. Stunning work.
Speaker 1: Actually you would think that they were musicians.
Speaker 2: You're so real for the act, and that's why we ate the singers. But also why did we sing Island Roots aukand ways like that? When it's comes from a David Dall song, there's like an actual rhythms ways, like that's how it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: You should you should have done that because you are the ultimate d Dots.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Dot stay and he was.
Speaker 1: Actually in the studio.
Speaker 4: Got it to have missed him. But there will always be another time. Actually, I feel like we are distant to sit down with them in an informal seitting.
Speaker 2: Be on right, yeah, yeah, and it will be the more special you know, yeah, yes, so much more special. But do you know what is also special?
Speaker 1: Who? I said what? But who?
Speaker 2: Stacey Morrison?
Speaker 1: Per I was like, Stacy, what I mean? This?
Speaker 2: What this conversation that were to present you guys.
Speaker 1: Miss Stacy. She's pulled through. Thank you so much to the Queen.
Speaker 2: The Queen, no like the actual Queen. There's no one like her.
Speaker 4: So before we chatty any further, here is Stacey Morrison on Island Roots Aukland Ways and welcome back to Island Roots Aakland Ways. Can you please welcome the Queen or Flavor. I'm Stacy Marcea no longer actually as of time of recording, I am no longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the host of Flavor Drive.
Speaker 3: So don't get you. I don't know how. I mean. I'm happy for you, mes because it's about you and you've made a powerful choice for you. So I love that. Oh yeah, I know it's not easy.
Speaker 2: I think it makes it also easy to swallow because you're going back to your communities, coming back to some transformative So it's so excited.
Speaker 4: You heartwork actually the planners because I haven't yet left as of time of recording. The planners to deactivate my social media because I just, you know, feel like I've got to do me for a while and I don't want any nosey Parkers in my beds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just going to turn off the socials, do my thing.
Speaker 3: Miss the visuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's the cock with a big dump?
Speaker 1: And hopefully that me enjoyed that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I talked about her Man's quardal because they did a podcast recently, and.
Speaker 3: You know that Aunties shared it because I'm friends with Jordan's mom. Yes, and so the Auntie is sharing and to them, he's little Jordan. And by the way, she said, she's all good with like you having a you know, an affinity. Yeah, a different level of interest. And also the girls as young as my daughter, but it's more the ones who are like my age and older. And she's like, could you please step back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a little bit strange.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but no, he was cute and I seen it actually to my son because I thought he's such a good, centered person and the Aunties were proud of him, and and just as Junior was really interesting, I thought, yeah that was you know, you have very pure interest in no definitely.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in the journey. I come into this away a little bit.
Speaker 3: Later on Yes, Well reveal.
Speaker 2: Well, every week Stakes we talk about what we love about home. So every episode we share something that we love about home. Whatever home is to you, whatever that means to you, whether it's where you currently live, where you were born, where you fuck Pappa two, where you feel grounded, what do you What is home to you? And what do you love about it. We'll start us off, maz do you want to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I love about home this week is the gym. Yeah, getting those games, girls, I truly be getting them games. And it took a little bit of motivating myself, but I started this gym journey I think in June, so it was the twelfth of June. It's the seventeenth of September. And yeah, I'm looking good and feeling good. It's not about the numbers. It's about how I look at myself in the mirror and how I feel looking at myself, and yeah, it just feels good.
Speaker 2: You are getting those golds though, I do.
Speaker 4: Be getting the gold medals, so yeah, it's just that you need to reach like a p XI.
Speaker 3: What is peaks?
Speaker 2: Is it your peak hat right. No, it's like.
Speaker 4: A mix of heart rate and calories burnt and yeah, and it depends on your height and your weight, so it's tailored to you. Although it's about regulating your heartbeat. So you don't want to overwork yourself, otherwise you won't get that gold medal. Don't want to underwork yourself, you won't get that gold medal. He kind of needs a balance it.
Speaker 3: And he really wants a gold middle too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't even seen freaking around, but I got that by the look of.
Speaker 1: What do you love about home this week? Girl?
Speaker 2: I think it's my mom. I talk about my mom all the time, but I recently went through a bit of a period of heartbreak. When am I not going through a heartbreak? Let's be real. But she saw me in the sky out at an event. I didn't introduce them because I wasn't at that stage yet, and she just when he left, she pulled me over and was like, yeah, you guys don't really match. And it felt like from that moment everything kind of just went downhill. My mom just knows.
Speaker 1: My mom was No.
Speaker 3: Here is a mom telling you that you can see chemistry. You can see and I am always checking myself, going, you know, what is the right response? Who do I want to be? I mean, this is what I see. Do I comment on that or do I not? It's so interesting and I can't talk to my mom anymore to say, oh, okay, I get it, I get why you did that. It was kind of annoying at the time, but yeah, yeah, now I feel it. So that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: My mum really knows you.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are so open and we're so close. And at the time it did sting. I was like, you don't know him like I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you doing well? Not to not to just be stubborn.
Speaker 2: I think the time I was like, oh, okay, I'll just keep that in my back pocket and we'll just see what happens. Knowing in the back of my mind my mom is always right so and she has helped me heal every single heartbreak ever have you ever had, as well as Mas and all my other amazing friends. But my mum is just such a safe space.
Speaker 1: The girl's got to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, In terms of how I was thinking about talking to you guys and Island roots, Auckland ways and talking about hawaiki, you know, the home for all of us, So hawaiki Savai Hawaii. And my husband Scotty did a series called Origins, two series of it and about finding hawaiki. And I'm always so grateful that he thought to name our eldest child hawaiki. And I noticed that a lot of people are calling their hawaike these days. So hawaiki is also an attitude, and it's a feeling of home. And there was always quite a few from when we left the first hawaiki. There was always going to be more hawaikei to come for all of us. So we build our own hawaiki. That was part of the kind of series. But like Scotty went all the way to Ethiopia to South America, he looked at our journe are really intentional journeys. That's what I loved about. It was a real reclamation of our ability to voyage, our intention to voyage, not that we just, oh, they accidentally landed in Hawaii, though we knew these things. So I guess that reclamation of the connections between all of us as Pacific Islanders, as Polynesians, as all coming from a hawaiki. And then how you build a hawaiki so you know your mum is you're hawaiki. You know, it's so beautiful, you know, like that literally the place that sustains you and is your origin. But I was talking to as someone brother the other day and he's saying he was at two dung awai Wi during the King's tonguey and he said, I've just understood more about how engaging with tongue at the Fenoa doesn't diminish my tongue at the Juana, it actually strengthens it and the bonds between us, which I thought was such a cool way to look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are food believable.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wor bilingual hub. So it's very taw Maudi centered space. And for me, I always say, like I've never felt in other spaces like Tel Pakia spaces. I feel like sometimes I have to give up aspects of my this, you know, like who I am as someone who comes from the sight, very strong someone background. But I don't even have to give up but any aspect of the idency or who you are. And that's why I think relationship between that andone is so important because in our world I don't have to give up any aspect of our idency or who we are. We can show up completely as ourselves and own that space with our ancestors standing behind us or with us as well, and.
Speaker 3: Then also layering and then layering who we are. And then you know, once you voyage in a part of then that's that's your story again. And you know there are bits where we're intercend and we can relate to each other and but for our stories are different. But you know there are times where we get lumped together. We don't want to like an house statistic.
Speaker 4: Yes, brown Bill, thank you for sharing what you love about home stay. So you do so much, so many incredible things. But let's talk about broadcasting. So why was it broadcasting for you?
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to. So first of all, I went to Japan as a stage student. My last year, year thirteen in the olden days was called seventh form, and so that's what I did. And then when I came back, you know, you have this mind blowing experience. I was not ready to focus on university. So I got into the UNI of Canterbury B. But I can't do it because I've just had my whole mind blowing away. And so I went but I better do something. And it wasn't that anyone was pushing me or saying you have to do that, but that was I guess a drive in me. I have to have a job. So I got a job and TV and I had to move to Dunedin from christ Church and so from there it was always like the next thing that would work or made sense. And so then it's funny you look at someone's career and go, oh, you must have intended to do this and that Some people maybe do plan like that, but no, I was just going with what was working. And so I ended up in television in Auckland and then I interviewed Rob Darkdere on my family. They said, oh, actually we need a news reader. Do you want to come and do this? I was not very good at it, and then I learned as I went along, and then came across to Flavor in two thousand and four. You know, so it is surprising to me too that I'm here. But it's always looking at what will work for me, what feels like the right thing to do. And I still say to my kids, you know, look for the torho, look for the signs that you're in the right place. And they could be tiny or you could just feel it and yeah, go with that. So that's how I ended up here for a surprising amount of time.
Speaker 1: What was it like being on what Now back in the day?
Speaker 3: It was so first of all, I was at high school, yes, while I was doing it, so that was pretty weird, Like people had an after school job like McDonald's. We go into the station with Carlos because they had seen us and they got us to do it. So it's a little bit I guess privileged and unusual, but then you quickly learn the flip side of that. There's really good things. And then when people do know who you are, then there's other things you got to think about as well. So yeah, it was a great job. I was always really mindful of, oh, this is an easy way to do my job, you know, get money for one thing. So that was one of the drivers. And they were really kind people and what Now, So that was easy.
Speaker 4: To make ends meet. I want to talk about your upbringing in christ Church because I hear a lot of things about particularly for brown people. How was that for you?
Speaker 3: Well, I come from down there. I'm laitha who not that that was something I really knew. I knew about Little River Way to work, you know, not so much Nataho for some reason until later in my life. And so my dad, he doesn't mind me saying this. He used to proudly call himself the white sheep of the family. Oh so not the black sheep once he got into broadcasting because the way he spoke was trained. And that was when I was five years old. And so we had to move to Timaru when I was five, and then Blenham and then back to christ Church and so we lived on the east side of christ Church and that is, yeah, that's kind of typical unless we're at Hornby, where a Nica Moore grew up. So I mean I loved it. I I'm glad I went to the school I went to, I don't know how school, which doesn't exist anymore. But yeah, as for that sort of casual racism, it was, you know, just so expected. And I think about some of the people I went to school with and of course still friends with them on Facebook, and you see that people are finding their own ways of being. You either fit in or you don't, or you change it later. So I guess for me that was something that I realized I wanted to work on more was understanding my Maldi self, like not feeling like, okay, I'll be the you know, good Mardi who can you know, you know, fit in you know that kind of thing or be considered you know, palatable successful whatever. Yeah. So as a really I mean, I'm glad for having that experience, and I go home quite a lot. My dad still lives there, you know, and I'm later who hearty, and I'm really grateful I could go back home and learn my dell so later who really have helped me do that? And it's really important that people know that that's what Lata Who's been able to do with their resource because their post settlement, because they have, you know, with the resource that came with the treaty sediment, which was tiny compared to what was lost, then they were able to build wealth, and part of that wealth, it was only meaningful if there was cultural wealth in terms of Tedeo and Tikung as well.
Speaker 2: I think people look at you as such a pillar within your community state, but knowing that you didn't necessarily grow up super strong within your Mardi tongue is actually also really inspiring because I know for us as well feeling at different points in our life quite disconnected from our culture. What has learned reconnecting or rediscovering how Mardi meant to you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess their choice is their lifestyle. Tryis that's the things that does this feel like. I guess the modia is with your like the good positive energies with you. I felt like, I guess if you can describe it as ancestral whispers, yeah, that you're that are calling you to a place. I think that's why quite so much during them one a movie, it's like this is an animation when she's on them, like oh, and it's answering that and going okay. So I really adored my mum and it sounds like I had a similar relationship with her that you have. And she was park out, but she was really encouraging of us feeling good about being Maldi. So that being connected and changing everything that I knew and my childhood has been eye opening for me. But it just feels healing and so.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, this is something that and I talk about a lot. My mum is also pak Ya, so that makes a lot of that she doesn't always understand, but she knows it's good. For me, So I think that's really important.
Speaker 3: Did you have the thing as well? Like people wouldn't realize that our mum was our mom. Oh no.
Speaker 2: When I was younger, I was also a lot like darker than I am now. So we'd be walking around the warehouse. I'm pretty sure people were wondering what she was doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my mum was under seventeen when she had me, so they did. They thought she was a nanny. And even once she was working as a sales rep, like she knew the store detective and he see to who goes be careful these couple of marrikets around the corner, as if we're going to steal something, She says, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: My children, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But also like the super protective as well, Like my dad would just be like, you know, like it's just brushing off the tenth casual, casually racist thing you'd heard that day, and so it's not going into bed or not. Like my mom, she's like, it's so angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not.
Speaker 3: Talking about my child? Yeah good, Yeah, I reckon, But yeah, how it feels is it just feels right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you spoke to that healing, which is something that we feel like we've experienced a sense of like healing of like in a child, or healing of it just like it makes you a fuller, holer person. But also it's really exciting to look back also at our elders who are still with us and see that they experienced that same racism that your parents or your dad would have experienced as well. But our reclamation is also healing for them because they see that there's been a new way that we can be ourselves, our full selves, our whole selves in this country.
Speaker 3: And that's when I talk about intergenerational healing. I realize that it's not just squeerho it's not just from one generation down, it's from one generation up as well. So that's the inter part of the intergenerational because yes, our comatsuura can feel it because they see the change and feel the change. And then I also believe in a bigger continuum that our chupuna feel that too. Yeah, Like you honor them, yes, and when you speak their names and when you know their stories and you keep them living in the land and in the one and in our places and in our names and in our language. So I mean one of the themes this year for ma is a forever and I think that's a really strong statement, going always have been, always well be akkake, And that means if there's you know, a continuous line, then that's that's why Scotty says My husband, Scotty says onto cannedy after every show he goes tudoa hawaiiki and it means may the ancient homeland of Hawaii forever shine on in your mind's eye, and hawaiki can shine on when we do those things, when we are our best vision of ourselves. My other translation, he gives her that's a little bit snappier, is may the force be with you? Really interesting because you know here people go too low, too low and excuse me.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, like I'm making way, like please make way, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Way.
Speaker 4: Feeling states that you are a big watcher of movies like I saw you, you know.
Speaker 2: Every quote like Jerry Maguire, You even did like a voice for it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, girl, wait, is this not normal? My sister and I that's what we would doing, like put on whole little pantomimes and little shows a lounge and then sit down and watch my poor parents in a bar. But yeah, and then a Nicka Moore alleges that I have a photographic memory, which I was like, no, of course I don't, but it's a snapshot memory, like I can I remember specifically. If I look at something, I remember exactly what it sees, which should have made leaning almighty easier, but I don't know that it did in some ways but not otherwise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I a couple of weekspect we mean to go watch Yes, now that's one of the movies.
Speaker 1: I know lines like movies like that nor but my.
Speaker 3: Dear again, you can't make those movies now. But I love eating movie for that. But there's the thing me and my sister, that's what we do too, like just like random movie cs. I think that's how she sort of nabbed her husband as well, because he's like, you you know, like all of raw bit it's like, remember we didn't have an Internet to watch things over and over. But also when they sort of like when you see things that you relate to, and in that case it's mostly black people, yeah yeah, and you go, oh yeah, that's just oh my gosh. And you know when now you see content that's more like us and seeing it kind of being embraced, Like that's so cool. And I love how raw everything apart from iral that everything is on social media. It's like make it less flash and people will love it more.
Speaker 4: No true videos that we do that are raw and real. I eat Alsa talking about her after.
Speaker 3: Have to pay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, are we out of it?
Speaker 2: We're out of it? Yeah, yeah, we're out of it.
Speaker 3: I think that's such a trap, though I didn't know it's.
Speaker 2: Such a trap. It's so bad. It's so bad. It's do not get after pay if you.
Speaker 1: Can have it. They do have to pay at the warehouse.
Speaker 2: I think they do after pain everywhere. I've got an email the other day. I think they're starting pit a pit. Oh isn't it crazy?
Speaker 1: It's crazy?
Speaker 3: But does it make you then anxious to look at your emails? Like is that how they get.
Speaker 2: Always anxious to look at my emails? To be honest, I'm I would say I'm quite a good budgeter when it comes to like having to pay back after so I can budget it well enough that like I can pay it all.
Speaker 3: Off, but you get the things straight away, right, Yeah, the initial enjoyment is gone.
Speaker 2: By the time you pay it off, correct, Yeah, it's that instant gratification. But to be here. I love clothes like that is number one personality trait love clothes, So I will never get sick of wearing an outfit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then it's like instant gratification delayed mortification.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, like, oh my god, how much did I spend?
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you about something back in the day lay by or you know, you couldn't take the.
Speaker 1: Thing that's smart, Yeah, that's smart, that saw.
Speaker 3: This, That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: My mom used to do that with all my Christmas presents. We'd go shopping and then she'd be like, do you like this? And then by the time it was Christmas, it was all paid off. But I had forgotten.
Speaker 1: Rang up in the hood, came up, came out, literally.
Speaker 2: Had the lay by counter like a whole stop.
Speaker 3: All your privilege we never got, came out, and Christ which for so sorry love to christ Hutch. One of the other things was that everything always happened in everywhere. I hateland. They still call it dockland.
Speaker 2: I have family, a living and crashes. Oh here come the Docklanders.
Speaker 3: But like I know, but I was always fascinated you know, with like someone people living in that climate. Oh you're hearty.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, real, absolutely, Like I had to wear the single today like I'm like, I need to feel like on a tropical islands.
Speaker 1: When you were at.
Speaker 4: My time, tell us about that, because we talked earlier on about how you know, back in the day, there was no TikTok, and so the only way to see yourself was in for example, namely black culture, African American culture, music, fashion. The list goes on, and my time was a haven for our people to go to.
Speaker 1: Tell us about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was ten o'clock on a Saturday morning, and I think you could record things, but mostly you had to sort of watch it on time. And we did have criticism that were too Americanized and with what we wore and what we said and how they acted. And remember this is like when Biggie died, when Chupac died, you know, and I'm working with people like Bees and Mike Haddu who really loved hip hop living. So I learned a lot ten and Wan and Raply as well, you know, just incredible people and musicians key mostly so they have that manna in the music world. And then I was kind of just the TV person, I guess. But it's really interesting to see that that's still meaningful to people and that people still remember that, and it's like, oh, you know something I didn't know. That's what I would be to people. How they were like still like from my time or from what now? I'm like, I'm still like one of my most they see dash, what is happening? Do you remember me from that? So it's yeah, it's really interesting to know that that was. When you're doing something that's going to endure like that, you don't always know. And it was sometimes battling. It didn't always feel big, but like we'd get actual letters. People would write actual letters yeah yeah, and yeah yeah, like a great big they have a great big el trapper he nucky and fill them up. They were real. None of that was a lie because that's what people had to do. And I guess when you do that, you have a different level of engagement and you remember it and remember writing it. Also got the brown envelope ones, Okay that's from Wakidia. Yeah some.
Speaker 1: What they're watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't aware of that. Also, I would like to call out everyone who ever said to me, oh yeah, I used to have a crush on you because I have no idea where you were in nineteen ninety four. Nothing was you're old gas because there is no I was not overwhelmed with any interest.
Speaker 1: So that means my time's coming.
Speaker 2: Those boys are liking my story, could just send a message yeah rather than the like of the story, that would be nice.
Speaker 3: Or tell your bro. I will then tell your her girlfriend. Who's the girl's friend, because the stupid we're like in our thirties and my friend's still like, hey, Mike's sick, Scotty and I'm here.
Speaker 4: We go, we go, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We grow up, but we don't.
Speaker 4: Can I just say you are the most beautiful couple you and so beautiful?
Speaker 3: Yeah before as well, like what are you?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, what a packed for you?
Speaker 3: What a good year it was? In the end it finished well, yeah, so July was flavor earlier of the year. My stomach don't want to talk about that. But see, you can have not so great time and it turns up. But yeah, the second half the year amazing. Yeah, I was thinking about that. So but also like, I don't know if you've ever felt like you when you have something so overwhelming, and someone so overwhelming coming to your life, it's also scary. Yeah, it's like I it's not messed this up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Am I worthy?
Speaker 1: The question is he worthy to have you?
Speaker 3: But yes, but I could be you know, a sassy and say yeah this is you know, like this is the bare minimum. But I don't know, I don't know that's that's actually not who I am. I I'm not that person. Even in any relationship, friendship or stuff. I'll always be thinking about what, how are you feeling? What do you need? What should I anticipate? And I'm not saying that's always good because it's a little bit of people pleasing, you know.
Speaker 1: It's a balance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know like oldest daughters especially can get that, or just the eldest or just the the responsible one. You know, you're you're sort of taught to think about other people's feelings, accommodate other people's feelings. So yeah, I feel very proud that my eldest daughter is not a people pleaser. I'm going, wow, this is intriguing. She wow, wow, I'm for you.
Speaker 1: Shall we wrap up our episode with our report fire?
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, we are coining the Stacy's faves. So before we wrap up, we have some quick fire questions for you. We know you've been in the biz for a while, so hopefully you've got some good answers for these questions. But these are Stacy's faves. Fave person you've ever interviewed.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Disney's child, I mean like, yeah, oh Margot, Wow, let's just Beyonce pre j Z.
Speaker 2: I must say, yeah, that's iconic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know where you can barely look at someone like the light is too strong in person. Yes, yeah, that's about stadium. Yeah, there were lots of us. There's not as in the room, you know, but.
Speaker 4: Still I should say that that doesn't happen our way.
Speaker 1: Celebrities have their own platforms that they.
Speaker 2: Did so true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I saw a video photo of this someone has I was wearing a Diamonte tie.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't.
Speaker 1: Even know where that is?
Speaker 2: No, I do, I know exactly what.
Speaker 3: A tie, but like made out of Damonte.
Speaker 2: It's so like early two thousands.
Speaker 3: Look at you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna wear it like the favorite belts had those. Yeah, okay, faith, way to decompress after a long.
Speaker 3: Day in the spa, to be honest. Yeah that sounds hot water waky girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, faith place you've traveled to?
Speaker 3: Oh, I find favorites hard, but I loved Turkey with our kids. Yeah. We were just traveling on the back of one and the Tribe and my husband would performed with her and so we got to go to Turkey.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is so cool.
Speaker 1: My gosh, is that with the hot ear balloons?
Speaker 3: Yes, we're on a Zura's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what a dream favor breakfast radio show.
Speaker 3: I've no, I've loved everyone, you know, I just yeah, still here, AMA's Home.
Speaker 2: And your favor hip hop or R and B artists?
Speaker 3: Oh why why guys?
Speaker 1: Do you know about her music?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is this like what hip hop and R and B is like your genre?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know. And I love old school as well and soul and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I mean I really do love Alicia Keys with my soul, and I believe we will be friends. I mean Beyonce obviously, but I try not to be a dick like. I don't know if I could manage it, But with Alisha, I think I don't know somehow I could.
Speaker 1: Alicia seems personable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like you can sit down and have a nice conversation without feeling. I feel like if I were I were to meet Beyonce, I'd be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then I think like she makes me cry with some people, especially through lemonade and everything. Yeah, and by the way, so Lange though, yeah, I'm that sister too with my legs. How do you think you are? But an incredible story? Incredible like why is she so generous? In how anyway? Alicia Keys and so, I've seen her a couple of times, but I remember when she was at the what does now the Kanoa Theater and it's like her spiritual experience. She's, yeah, that's a dream speaking to us. Oh my gosh. Even Kanye when he played Saint James, it was better. That was that was good Kanye.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was pregnant my child, Like that's probably why she's not a people pleaser.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Stace, thank you so much for coming on to island. Routs Auckland Wade.
Speaker 3: I just waited a couple of years for you, guys.
Speaker 1: We were waiting for the bestul hearts.
Speaker 2: Exactly as.
Speaker 3: But I love you guys, I really do, and I'm so grateful. I love what you do. I love who you are and who you speak to, and I'm so grateful we're at this place where you guys get to be everything that you are. Okay, you know, I just want you to know I look at your success and I love it and it's for all of us, and I'm so excited. Also, I think you look amazing and I'm stepping on that. But also I do I do feel a need to say, like you're that feeling of having heartbreak and of not yet finding your person. I felt really lost in it for a long time. So as much as I have been with the most overwhelming dream man on my dreams for twenty years, that loneliness I remember really strongly and it feels like will anyone ever understand my heart? But I have this really strong belief that, yes, your people are there and they're not far away, but don't be rushing because you all you're doing is building more beautiful things for them to enjoy too.
Speaker 2: Shout out, shout out to our queen Stacey Morrison. Thank you so much for coming through. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and your journey and just like your beautifulness with us. It's so it's funny because I grew up like watching Stacy Morrison. My moum would always be like Stacy Daniels or cougirl, and then now I like see her all the time, but like her kind of superstounness will never wear off for me to She really is super sad, and I feel like I either have to like shut the fuck up when she not that she ever demands that kind of thing, but like just to be respectful, I don't want to say anything. Yeah, just because I'm gonna say so toy stupid and you're gonna be is.
Speaker 1: That I'm gonna look like a clown. So best, I just best, I just shut up.
Speaker 4: But that conversation was so good. We love Stacey. You can listen to her every weekday. I'm flavored breakfast and with that will bid you feel well. Thank you so much for listening to Ira