Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden Studios and brought to you by Export Ultra. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the sixth of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you my next sport a Vultra.
Speaker 3: Morning, Matt Morning, g Lane.
Speaker 1: Well man, I's not here. He's crying himself. I don't know, crying himself, sick about Johnson crying himself drunk he is. Shawn Johnson announced the news yesterday and he's actually a little bit depressed because he did the Mad Monday podcast yesterday and him and I decided that what's all the chat about? Shawn Johnson will re sign and he'll play next year.
Speaker 3: In an hour later, so SHAWNE Jay retired. We had Mogi on the show, a huge j fan from the Big Big Show, and his analysis was he was trying because he wasn't playing very well anymore. Yeah, is a bit of that.
Speaker 1: There's a bit of going around that maybe we be said to see he probably might be in and out of the.
Speaker 3: Ye Yeah, yeah, I mean like across the Sharks and the Wars. He would have made a bit of money. I don't think he'll be wanting for cash.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, I think he's all right. I think and post career I think he's okay. Yeah, he's been hanging out with the likes of Jay Reeve.
Speaker 4: He's got a fingers.
Speaker 1: Jay Reeves taught him how to get fingers and pies, right, So here's a lot of fingers and a lot of pies.
Speaker 4: So post career, I think you'll be.
Speaker 1: Over That could be risky, but he's played two hundred and sixty five NRL matches, Holy moler over that time, eighty four tries. He had a wee bit of an affair with the Sharks in twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty one. Member. Yeah, he kind of ran off, kind of slipped around for a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then we forgave him, he gave us and he came back and has played some barnstorming seasons.
Speaker 4: Should have got the LM last year.
Speaker 3: I took twenty twenty three. What a season that was for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm sure Manaiah will break that down with the Mad Monday podcast on Thursday. But are the news the New Zealand try athletes Hayden Wild and Ashley Thorpe, who would have thought swallowed some poos?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who would have thought swimming in the Seine, which is full of a thousand years of poohs and dead bodies would make you sick? Do you think it's the poos?
Speaker 1: Well year, do you think it's the like ten twelve meters of carcasses that are lying at the bottom of the Seine.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean you've got the crypts just leaking into their you know, you've got the catacombs leaking into the You've got four thousand dead bodies and Napoleonic uniforms, just so much murder and dumping. And I mean you can you can throw two point five billion dollars or two point four billion dollars at some problems and you just can't solve it. And I remember when they said they can clean up the scene. I was like, good fucking luck.
Speaker 1: What's a bigger what's a bigger waste of money? Them with the billion dollar two billion dollar cleanup? Or Auckland City with the central rail system.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, that is a close one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a battle.
Speaker 3: So hang on the Central rail system a lot more than that, the Central City rail link, So that's up around six billion.
Speaker 4: It's well, the City rail Link six billion, five.
Speaker 3: Point eight billion at this point, and so it was budget at one point eight billion. It's blown out to five point eight billion plus they've announced recently it's going to cost US two hundred and twenty million dollars a year to run it as a city, even if it's meeting its targets of people on there. So okay, so the French win, Yeah, yeah, they actually yeah, they actually win that round. They win that round. But you know, you can't do any sporting events inside the city rail link, can you. No, you can't, and you can't you know you can't. Yeah, so we can't even do that or tie like.
Speaker 4: Pair locks to the fences next to the City rail Link.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they doublely want because I mean the scene is pretty beautiful when you're on it in a boat. Oh yeah, you don't want to be in it and you're on it. That was the problem. Being in it always the problem. Big on. It's great looking at it. Awesome.
Speaker 1: Remember that boat cruised me and you in on It was the most romantic thing I've done outside my moun.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful, wasn't it. Although that guy was a real peace that was doing three languages that this is then defend the open tower.
Speaker 1: He did, so anyone who is thinking of going to Paris was being to Paris and any city in Europe. Actually they've got the open top double decker bus, which is a great thing to do on day one of being in a city.
Speaker 4: Suck up the suck up the humiliation. You're a tourist.
Speaker 3: You get on the open Stop pretending you're not a tourist.
Speaker 1: Ye get on the open top, do a few laps of the city and then get your bearings, and then the next few days explore a bit more. But as part of our open top bus, we had a river cruise. That's and that's when this guy got up and he was so stoned, and you'd have to be because this was about his tenth boat trip of the day. And he did four languages in the most unenthusiastic.
Speaker 3: English, French and Speed, Spanish, German and Spanish, German and Spanish. Four yeah, and he just but he went built in. It was it was. It was killing me.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful though, I was. We were holding hands the whole time. We wish we went below the Eiffel Tower. It was beautiful stuff past the beautiful Yeah, great stuff. But the news out of the all blacks as well, Ardie Severe has been named captain. Dog Roll he's got a sore poor Oh no, Scottie Berry has broken his finger or something, so he's out of next to tests. So Cody's eight percent. Cody Taylor will be vice captain along with the Noodle Jordi Barrett and the big news, the plumb Dog, Millionaire, Harry Plumber, the battler, the super rugby batler has been brought into the squad for the for the cheesea wow as cover. So look at that, isn't that? That's a motivator for all you journeyman out there.
Speaker 3: The Plumber, the Plumber, Harry Plumber.
Speaker 4: The plumb Dog, millionaire, the utility.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So he's been to the end of the wide squads cover. I can't imagine he's going to play against Argentina.
Speaker 3: Jesus playing right. I think the cheese. The cheese is out now. The cheese has got a bit of a niggle. Oh, the cheese has got a niggle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why aways come in.
Speaker 3: I love the cheese. Yeah. The peip he's got a niggle.
Speaker 1: And are the news papaly You don't preach, don't papaly He signed it to the Raby Union until the end of twenty seven?
Speaker 3: Does that cover him? Doesn't cover into the World Cup? That does it? When hanging a minute? So the last Wilk Cup does it just make to the World Cup? Just is it?
Speaker 4: When's the next World Cup? As an Aussie.
Speaker 3: Every four years? Four years? Wasn't one last year? Yeah? Twenty three?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it'll take him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll take him. It'll take him to the end of that.
Speaker 1: It would be strange if you signed just before that would be disappointing a something you started with Mania Stewart, which, as men I said, the biggest own goal of all time during the Olympics. We're the most content rich sport environment will get once every four years. You don't need to make shut up, yeah, because it just lands.
Speaker 3: On your land, loving it on the mat in juriy briefly show at the moment where hey, did you hear who commentated? I don't want to just take you off on a tangent? But who commentated Butcher winning the Finn Butcher They're winning the kayak across kayak up in gold sport. Yeah, it was quite some commentary. Boy, if you could find it. Oh was that I remember hearing that it's a hundred and fifty. It's a hundred fifty with no sound effects. One hundred and fifty no sound effects. And then just a little bit gat before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a gold.
Speaker 4: You got to give it to the gold sport guys.
Speaker 3: They've given it one hundred and ninety. But they're up all night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we did six nights for the World testing ship and that I was delirious by the end of that.
Speaker 3: They're doing fourteen days and it's just basically so we have some audio to play on the Mett and Jerry Brikfast Show.
Speaker 1: Only reason when a gold comes in, I can't imagine only insomniacs are listening, and insomniacs are awake.
Speaker 3: Sure, so you've got to give it. You've got to give it your hondy on the medals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure. Maybe get that up tomorrow, Blake. We get We'll come to the Olympics.
Speaker 3: And that's all right.
Speaker 1: But the like I said before, the own goal around creating the greatest New Zealander of all time brackets in the middle of the Olympics is unnecessary.
Speaker 3: But we've done it and you've asked for it.
Speaker 1: We've we managed to nail down all of the finalists and today is round one and the Kiwi conference. This one again is it's a tough one. We've been criticized, but hey, it is what it is. It's going to be sur Reed versus Sir Ernst Rutherford.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's that's not really like for like is it? It's a scientists versus you know, mountain climber. But who's greater? Well, I don't know. I mean, you've got to say that the repercussions from what Sir Rutherford did that could potentially in the world splitting the Adam. He didn't know that they did that. Moved on to Oppenheimer and his ilk sued mckilly Hillary. He piggybacked up there on tens In's back. Yep, it got dropped off, came down, and then he delivered some milk biscuits to Nepal and built some schools. You know, he did some runways, run rays.
Speaker 1: He also drove a messy Ferguson tractor to the South Pole. Did he Yeah, first man to drive tractor to the South Pole.
Speaker 3: It's a great documentary of suedmand Hillary decided to go on a big boat trip. Have you seen that? Oh, the jet boat one, the jet boat trip that is in the first Hamilton jets. Yes, it's insane.
Speaker 4: And the first rapid they sink one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then they go, I'll put everyone on the other boat.
Speaker 4: That's that's in. That's in, isn't it the Ganges?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The Ganges? Yeah. And everywhere they went there was just huge crowds would come out to see them there.
Speaker 4: I've watched that. That is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they start in the ocean, they go and they're like kind of hurt up, they got like singlets.
Speaker 3: On and see loight of eyes. Yeah, and they owned.
Speaker 1: Up the river and two Hamilton jets sink the first one immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's quite something actually yeah yeah, yes, Sir su Edmond, he's got there's a lot to that strength of the bow. But as I said, when me and maniawa coming up with this idea, if you go to Manchester University and Rutherford worked and you put a Geiger counter nearestes it goes because back then he didn't really know what it was up to, so there's just so much radiation on his work bench. You pretty much can't go in there.
Speaker 4: Did he have any kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like one had like four eyes. The other one, you know, was had octopus legs. The Simpsons fish outside the one of them can fire lasers out of his forehead. It's amazing stuff.
Speaker 1: Hey, the Ta b are running some odds on the on the greatest New Zealander of all time, so hypothetical years. But I'd prefer to just say they're odds. But they're by hypothetical odds. They've crunched the numbers. They put it into the bookies. At the tab and the Kiwi conference, it's no surprise it's Richie McCaw and Dan Carter are the favorites. Richie mcaw at five, Dan Carter at five point fifty, then so Eat at six fifty, Loma at seven, Mad Butcher at ten, so Mad Butcher ahead of Colin Meads.
Speaker 4: This is interesting.
Speaker 3: The Briscos lady won't be heavy with forty one dollars. Yeah, she's a rank outsider. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fred Dagg at twenty six, I'd say, I don't say he'd be over happy.
Speaker 4: Herald the Giraffe, I'd be upset about the Briscoes lady. Harold Giraffes at twenty six's as well.
Speaker 3: Well the four square guy at eighty one dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh that he gets in the care conference. Yeah yeah, I look and mister Whippy at forty one. I'm Susie Cator at forty one. They are rank outsider. Yeah, but in the care Conference favorite is Willy Appiata at five. So he's neck and neck with Rischie mccare.
Speaker 3: Does he go up against Charles up them at any point in the first round? Yeah, oh, Willy Charles up and that is a tough one. I know, I know that you've got two double VC and bar with Charles Upham. Yeah. Also Psycho though killed a lot of people just for fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we mentioned that Chasing Charlie and you know, taking botshots at VW's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great book if you get a chance that that book, Chasing Charlie. What a great New Zealand he was. But yeah, that's a tough one. Williya Piada up again.
Speaker 1: I was up at least least A karring In at six fifty is not a bad bet. In the boat a little lady in the boat crow at seven point fifty victory will be upset about that he's at eighteen's vittry, but Bruce McLaren's just to hit him at fourteen bucks.
Speaker 3: Dave Dobbins doing well at fourteen, but I guess he got the dudes, and then you were Dealey smashing his career. You know, in a Great New Zealander.
Speaker 1: Would Hillary Berry be happy at sixteen sixteen bucks playing sixteen bucks.
Speaker 4: Here to poor homes though he's twenty one?
Speaker 3: Well, I see that a co host, Jeremy Wells doesn't even get in there. No way, No, I saw a lot of comments saying with haughty Jay in there, But I mean, what were the odds on haughty jb I mean, I mean I think you'd closed betting on you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to do you would close? You wouldn't you wouldn't? I mean, yeah, I mean haughty j be over one hundred?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, But like you put, the problem is like with the voting, isn't it that people will put horty Joe through as a joke. Yeah, I had to pay out a million bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true. Actually I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I like Bruce McAllen making out there.
Speaker 1: I think he's good eating Bruce McLaren at fourteen he is a great New zealm one of the great New Zealanders. Valery Adams at twenty one, Jason Game at twenty one, I would I don't think that's very good eating at twenty One'd's been a bit more from him. John Brittin at twenty six. As you mentioned, four Square Guy is the longest sides at eighty one.
Speaker 3: And Mister Whipopy is a difficult one because it always seems to be a different person. It's not a different person, isn't he.
Speaker 1: That's why I suggested Frosty Boy should have been in the set of Mister Whippy, but I got I got shot down.
Speaker 3: The Treatsy brings. Bring that guy, Frosty Boy, Frosty Boy. Yeah. Yeah, Anyway, I'm on SOSH today.
Speaker 1: It'll be out right now on Instagram, Facebook, get your votes in for the first battle of the Greatest New Zealander of all time is Suri ed versus Rutherford.
Speaker 4: And we touched briefly on the Warriors. Their last home game.
Speaker 1: Against the Doggies is going to be at Gohart Stadium. Sold out, but we've got a couple of tickets. We've got a VIP Warriors experience fe he thinks to helen Stein's. You get tickets for cash, food and beverage. Plus we'll kick you out in some Hellnstein's leisure club gear.
Speaker 4: Text v IP to three two three six. Follow the link there. All the details are there and you could be at the.
Speaker 1: Last Warriors game and we're going have a quick break and we'll be back with everything.
Speaker 4: Olympics, right a man.
Speaker 3: As you mentioned Finn Butcher, the Butcher. Yeah, did one for the dudes, the Butcher yep. The kayak cross, canoe cross, so canoe cross, New Sport, down the slalom they drop in. It's very cool how they drop into the water. Yeah. I mean most people would would fall out at that point's we took.
Speaker 4: And I I talked about it's the first time it's been in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I like it because it's a bit of jeopardy around. They've got helmets and mouthguards. You can they've got full face helmets. You can smack each other with your paddles.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: You got to take a boy born in Dunedin, grew up in Alexandra, born in the South Chieth roll in his mouth Finn Butcher.
Speaker 4: And also and his Yander.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: He's the one that sent us where the Swiss team was staying in the village number sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's nice and he was like.
Speaker 1: Nice and calm, fight it through to the a sec. So good on your fin Butcher that canoe cross. He beat the world champ as well, the two time world champ. Lead from the front to the to the end. And there's a little nice touching moment there when he hands over his gold medal to his old man.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and old boomers they're trying to try they try to be stoic god.
Speaker 3: And his old and his old man is like and just grabs him and just just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Just burst into tears. Do we have that audio of the of the Butcher. Yeah, we'll check it in.
Speaker 3: We could check check check chuck check it in here, check it in here, because one hundred and fifty, one hundred and fifty given on this this call here, Finn Butcher is an alempic champion. Can you believe it? Carve his name into New sheheraland sport history. The Butcher delivers the.
Speaker 4: Gotch there you go.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fetty hundred and fitty with not much, not much to give on the sound effects or crowd noise.
Speaker 3: No, maybe a bit close to the mic, a bit of distortion.
Speaker 1: There also rained a bit of silver overnight the women's team sprint Rebecca peach is it, Sean Fulton and AlSi Andrews got.
Speaker 3: The world record and then it was beaten seconds later by the British. Yeah.
Speaker 1: British they love, They loved there and they loved sitting down going forward more than we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they like indoor sports for obvious reasons, and they like sitting down. But you know, you think you get the world record, you think they would put you in good steer to get the gold. But someone yet the post two minutes later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's that was good news.
Speaker 1: And all three pole vaulters for New Zealand, Eliza McCartney I live in McTaggart and Imagen Airis.
Speaker 3: All through to the finals, all through to the finals. Why are we so good at pole vaulting?
Speaker 4: I don't know. And two of them well the same year at take a Poonogrammar.
Speaker 3: What yes, was there some kind of was that the only school that had a full pole volte.
Speaker 4: A full pole along with a full full sized pole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I always think with pole voting, you might know, how do you start? You got a little pole over a little thing, and yeah, move up to a big pole and a bigger pole, and a bigger pole and a bigger pole.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's pretty much how it works.
Speaker 3: Yep. And so all three of them are through.
Speaker 1: Was great to see Sky got managed to roll out Tony Johnson to do the commentary for that off tube back here in New Zealand doing the commentary for the pole vault.
Speaker 4: Jeez, it could have got someone who Neews.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know he used to be the voice of pole vaulting in New Zealand, but they could have got someone who actually did pole voter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, knew something about Pololan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I think he is wikipediaing the crap out of it most of the way through it.
Speaker 4: That's going to be exciting that finals on.
Speaker 3: Any any bits hitting stuff like the guy with the downstairs.
Speaker 1: I did see something hit the bar, yeah, but no one could talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, because it emails right, Okay, So the.
Speaker 1: Guy the guy that the cock shot begin Yeah yeah, all through all over the whole talking about it.
Speaker 4: Everyone talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there wasn't in sexualizing and totally. Yeah, there was talking about his genitals. Disgusting. There was ranked sexism, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, look as sexual arrestment in the work. Yes, but yes I did see something on the Canadian she had this mom mishap.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't talk about it. Okay, what else you got?
Speaker 1: We're twelfth on the medal table, m getting absolutely screwed on the per capital where when we're done, actually we're third, and we're not going to beat Saint Lucia or Dominica. There's no way because that Dominica has got like seventy two thousand people.
Speaker 3: Saint Lucia's Solusia got the gold Day and the Hundi and the Hondy and Dominica Dominica got the triple jump gold. Only that both the money got one medal and that's gold. Yeah. So that the footage of the Saint Lucia when they won one hundred meters, my god, have you seen the celebrations.
Speaker 4: Yes, they were dancing on New Zealand's per capita grave.
Speaker 3: They were they were doing, they were selling, that was the main thing they were celebrating. That finally fucked us over. But yeah, that's so we've got it.
Speaker 1: We've got to get like fifty more medals before we even touched that Lucia or Dominica.
Speaker 3: Well, we've still got Lisa Carrington, surely she can.
Speaker 1: We've got the goat in the boat. We've also got the vlodrome's still good to go. We've got the kayaking, as you said, kite surfing.
Speaker 3: Where is Lisa Carrington sitting at the moment, because of course it's been three years since she absolutely ripped the Olympics a new one.
Speaker 1: So well, they've gotten rid of the K one thousand, which was her right, which was her big event, and they've shortened all the kayaking down to just five hundred meters.
Speaker 4: So there's the.
Speaker 3: K two I thought it was the other way.
Speaker 4: N's a K two five hundred and the K four five hundred.
Speaker 1: They've got rid of the thousand, so it's the more explosive kind of a five hundred meter one. So I think the heats for those are actually coming up.
Speaker 3: We need the little Lady of the Lake to come through for us. And what's her offsider that's actually beat her at the New Zealand Champs?
Speaker 1: Oh anyway better twice?
Speaker 4: Actually yeah on that one. But looking and when.
Speaker 1: We've discussed per capita tables before just going back to the per capitors, what filter would we need to add to beat Saint Lucia and Dominica, Like would it be medals to ram raids to population, will be the in takeover or would it be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we've we've really slipped off the ram raids later really, I mean, I guess ramwaids in the last year, we've still got a few Michael Hill Jeweler robberies. Oh yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: So basically gold medals the Michael jewel robberies because he's not like, not a hell a lot of Michael Hill jewelers and Dominica or Saint Lucias, so we take them out on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know per capita to cheese.
Speaker 4: Rolls, yeah, pie eating.
Speaker 3: Pie eating high production. I mean, like if we really want to skew it in our favorite Because I just watched this video from Matt Watson driving around his property and he saw thirty eight kiwi running around his property. He's got I saw that as well. Is he breeding? Can know he's got too many kiwis? Is they're actually becoming a pierced He's got so many keys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had one like missing his window up. Yeah was and he were like get it out of here, like like it was a possum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's, he's and he's got a Kiwi infestation. So Cabina to Kiwi's on Matt Watson's farm. Oh, have about just flightless birds?
Speaker 1: About how about meddles to flightless birds to population because I kin'd of there's probably one or two flightless birds and Dominica and solution if any.
Speaker 3: Where they'd be like some chickens. Yeah, well they know they can fly. Chickens don't count they can fly. Yeah, there you get so they'll get up a tree if they get pissed off enough.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're seeing Matt Watson this Sunday actually the im Football Cup.
Speaker 4: Ah, he's going to be there, so then we'll go. Let's hit him up and say we know what you're up to mate, Yeah you're breeding kiwis.
Speaker 3: Yeah we know.
Speaker 4: We don't think stupid.
Speaker 3: I think yeah, we know what you're up to. Mate.
Speaker 4: No one has keys running.
Speaker 3: And like I just want to check you're not running an ebatoire in there as well, you're not breeding and eating kiwis. Yeah, he got a taste for kiwis. It's if you noticed with kiwis though, its look like a dude who's pants are too tight and they're falling down at the the two. It's a middle age it's a middle aged man. The Kewis need to pull their pants up.
Speaker 4: It's a middle aged man with a big and skinny leaves.
Speaker 3: Both as a nation, the Kewis need to pull their pants up as a nation, and also do our actual Kiwis need to pull their pants up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, it does. It is a man in his fifties or sixties, usually a former rocker. Yeah, you know, a former rock star.
Speaker 3: That's sort of a John Too Good situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tiny skinny jeans.
Speaker 3: Then you have a couple of kids. Yeah, and then and then the ass that's pushing the jeans down. Yes, yeah, and you get a bit of a motor.
Speaker 1: That's our key we yeah yeah, okay, well we'll.
Speaker 4: Hit them up this week in Matt Watson.
Speaker 1: Then just have a we word to him about what he's up to, because I reckon he's been pulling in one of that. He's got a great smoker there as well, so he's been smoking up Keiwis.
Speaker 3: Oh help be smoking keeys smoking keys Keywey's is the thing though.
Speaker 4: Plucking them.
Speaker 3: It's all very well to smoke them.
Speaker 1: Oh no, But if you pluck them, you can use the feathers for fly tying. They're very sought after in the fly tying community if you can get a hold of some Kiwi feathers.
Speaker 4: Hey, tonight there is some sailing.
Speaker 1: There is the K for woman's heat, the K two men's and K two women's heat as well, all over five hundred. So I think Lisa might be in both of those boats. So she has to go back to back. Remember remember the last Olympics, she was like getting out of.
Speaker 3: A boat, just get running back to the other end. Yeah, and get it.
Speaker 1: So that's all on tonight, and the heats, the fifteen hundred meter Athletics women's heats is on kite surfing. We've both got the men and women kite surfers and speed climbing.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the.
Speaker 3: Speed climbing, Yeah, I have. It's insane.
Speaker 1: The two people who just scramble up there, scramble up the rocks. Yeah, that is that's caveman stuff.
Speaker 3: That that is freaking cool. I reckon it should be out in the field along with the one hundred meters. You have one hundred meters and then you have the hundred meters up. Yeah, you've gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Noah Larles has to do it fifty meters and then up, yeah, and then yeah and fifteen in straight.
Speaker 3: Up yeah, fifty long, fifty up.
Speaker 4: No, No, Larles will still think he's the greatest in the world.
Speaker 3: Get it. But I love it because yeah, there's there is.
Speaker 1: There's another rock climbing that was on last night, and I couldn't quite deal with that because it was more a challenge. It was like you go up and you go over the overhang, and then they fall off and they try again, and it's all technical, quite slow. This one's way better because it's basically get up ten meters, smack a button and come down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I enjoy the speak climbers.
Speaker 3: We've got ten meters up is a long way ten meters along the ground, very easy, yeah, ten meters, ten meters vertical, ten minutes vertical. Very different story, so much harder. So it's all on. There's only a few days to left.
Speaker 1: It's all over on Sunday night, Monday morning with the closing cermony.
Speaker 3: That's when they're real, they're not going to humiliate this out. But doing the closing ceremony on the scenes again, are they know they can't.
Speaker 4: They've got to get him all together.
Speaker 1: For the Tom Cruises they're doing something so mission impossible stunts.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Tom Cruise is there. I mean he's coming in to do some part of the closing closing. Yeah, I hope skydives in or something like, yeah impossible is they'd be a good place for Tom Cruise to die, like I feel like he's going to kill himself in one of his movie at some point.
Speaker 4: Jim Morrison, or so he can be very next to gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So he just does a stupid mission impossible stunt. The parachute doesn't pull and he just goes slap into the middle of the stud the france.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, as legend would live on there, isn't that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that, I'm going to still be less of a catastrophe than the opening ceremony.
Speaker 1: So no, they'll definitely get them together because it's the rules in the Olympics. You've got to get all the athletes together for what what is the biggest coming coming together?
Speaker 3: Literally and they stood do they run the marathon ending into the stud the France for the end. Are they doing that?
Speaker 4: Well, they've mixed everything up so much.
Speaker 3: I don't know. The bloody Frenchies have been breaking the rules, haven't they.
Speaker 1: They really just messed with it. And they've given ever on a gold medal and a poster. Yeah we've seen that because everyone's like, oh, what's in the box?
Speaker 3: A poster? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, guarantee it's like a from a famous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poster from the Hero.
Speaker 4: Got like seven of them.
Speaker 3: I don't throw them out this sign.
Speaker 4: I hate to break it to you. They're not signed.
Speaker 3: Prins are printed.
Speaker 4: It's a printed.
Speaker 3: Signed at one point, but then printed a bit.
Speaker 4: Like there's black Cats bad here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Not not not signed yeh.
Speaker 3: Printed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's getting that is getting the height of sports laziness.
Speaker 1: Now when you get your free merch and it's not signed, it's just lazy, you know.
Speaker 3: You know how like if you've got a bit of vivid on your shirt right now, it wouldn't come off. Yeah, and yet if the entire Blues rugby team signs your shirt and gives you a shirt, you put it through the washing machine once and all the signatures are gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, she need it just looks like.
Speaker 3: So what what is it about important signatures on shirts that come out so easily in the wash compared to any other stain at all?
Speaker 4: They use a magic pin, do they?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they want to test you that you were the asshole they signed it and you put it through the wash instead of putting it in a cabinet, putting on your wall. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they use your own pin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they never use your you know, I'll take yours. Yeah, I'll justly use some of It's the like the whiteboard marker comes straight off.
Speaker 3: So that's all your action tonight.
Speaker 1: And don't forget if you are watching, get stuck into some snacker chany as well, because we've got the Snacker Chani Sports Scholarship. We're binge watching sport is a sport. Text chip to three two three six four the link and you can win the Snacker Chanie Sports Scholarship. I think we've got this month's winter coming up as well, so it's probably the first time you win a scholarship, but it's well worth it. We'll take a quick break and we'll be back with yours please.
Speaker 6: Yours please, Brought to you by Leader Home of the Radio.
Speaker 1: We've got five yours please to get through today. Matt, just let you know the Fox South Canterburry has got is still going strong and enough. It's if the first one signs off beautifully. Yours please, Fellas.
Speaker 4: Christopher ueber Heer just coming in with a Tuesday edition of.
Speaker 3: Fact Check. You're born yesterday. You see the winner of the female triple jumpers from the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 5: She is rather from a small imagine own as the Dominica.
Speaker 1: In the Caribbean. There Dominican republics where all the good basketball players are from your old car lost when the bench walks anyway.
Speaker 3: Christoma Compass, Yeah there you go.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, we've got a whole plethora fact checkers thing in. I knew i'd cocked that up. Actually when I looked at the per cap at a table.
Speaker 1: But I'm good to I must admit that is the first use of a sound effect within a yours please?
Speaker 3: Did he did he have a real one the airhorn? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He must have been operating two phones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah him, Good on him. That's that is that's innovative, that's high level. What else we got yours? Please?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Buddy, how boys, I was waiting all weekend for the Greatest New Zealander of the Year gras New Glender of all time goat chat bracket thing.
Speaker 7: Fuck me, there's some good matchups in there. Can we throw in some like pros.
Speaker 6: And cons for each athlete? Each person each goat does.
Speaker 4: Not even cons because they're great regardless.
Speaker 3: Give us, give us a top ten attributes, stacks, stamps, trump cards sort of that you're not to do you get them behind it, which concerns me when people are clearly working heavy machinery when they're sending these in Yeah, what.
Speaker 4: Do you think is Was it was that a frontend loader.
Speaker 3: Or was it attracted? I don't know. I was waiting for a scream. I was waiting for there to go wrong or a huge crash.
Speaker 1: Look in terms of pros and cons, obviously, when we post them each day we post the it is up to you.
Speaker 4: You climb onto that.
Speaker 1: Post and you give the pros of why certain people should win and why they shouldn't. That is entirely up to you. This is the people's This is the people's Yeah, people's vote. This isn't this isn't this isn't some countdown on a rock station where they where you think your vote counts?
Speaker 4: This one here is legit.
Speaker 3: How do you how? How absolutely? How do you what else? We got no way?
Speaker 1: First of all, there's no way that anyone would select two thousand rock songs. It's impossible, is archadic, there's no there, not even two thousand rock songs.
Speaker 3: No, there isn't anyway or a hundred.
Speaker 1: Oh about you guys, See, if you could be the Paralympic, a paralympian, surely you could beat someone at blind long jump or probably not.
Speaker 3: Well. See that's an interesting point because was that when we were talking the other day about what we could be an Olympian at.
Speaker 1: Yes, well no, not beat, yeah, compete, so compete, beat the person who's come last and that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh I know this is something me and I are talking about. It was a bit different the other day, right again, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I said I could compete in the under forty nine kg weightlifting women's weightlifting. Yeah, and we're going to find out because the weightliftings over the next few days and we have to find out who comes last than the woman's.
Speaker 3: And you've got to try and beat it. Yeah, okay, yeah, be selected that.
Speaker 1: But I think with the powers it's it's I reckon, we stay out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can.
Speaker 4: It's a mindful I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I mean, if you're going to compete in some kind of blind thing, I think you need to be blind, Yeah, or at least blinded. Yeah, blindfolded. They'd be unfair to compete cited.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could compete in any of the athletics or swimming side of it. I don't, No way, no way, they'd smoke me and all of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even yeah.
Speaker 3: What about running along the side of the pool against you know, Phelps or the torpedo.
Speaker 1: If it was more than I reckon, if it was more than one hundred meters, they'd have me so speed.
Speaker 3: What about the you know walking, you know, speed walking, speed walking against an Olympic swimmer in the pool over fifty meters it's still a sport. How's the walking? Did you want watch?
Speaker 1: What infuriates me the most about the walking and the judges? Yeah, every hundred meters there's some penis in a odor hat with a sign.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work. Run. You know, we worked out that there was a maximum speed you go walking before it became difficult. That's why we invented running. It's like singing and talking. You know, you can talk for a bit, then you sing, you can you can you can walk for a bit and then you run. So let's just get rid of walking and all those people can become runners, all right? Do you know what?
Speaker 4: You know what they should do?
Speaker 1: That should be they should replace it by middle aged people with backpacks and walking sticks, you know how? Oh yeah, and they may look up two ski poles, yes, with two ski poles. And ski poles do apparently make you fifteen percent more efficient?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Apparently?
Speaker 3: Well so okay, well do you need to be fifteen percent more efficient or could you just go for a walk all right?
Speaker 4: Put a little backpack on them?
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, love it? Okay, next one yours please?
Speaker 5: Hey, fellows, I've been watching a lot of these Olympics, and I've ha there's a lot of hydration going on. BIG's a question, how do you guys drink water? Like if I fall up a cup of water, I'm putting that thing done, Like I'm in a fucking boat race. Lad. So I don't think I've ever drank a couple of water casually in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you drink water? Two handed? Two handed? Little SIPs like a baby. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The most disturbing thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of things, was when I was at the Gabba, and this would have been two thousand and three the cricket and we were a Beijor brigade. It was me and pull forward in about twenty others, and behind us, shirtless and a pair of very small shorts, was Murray Mixedead and he had a cup of tequila which he was sipping.
Speaker 3: Wow, just casually.
Speaker 4: When was that two thousand and three?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so was he still on the source thing? Because of course he's got as memoir life behind the glass and as Medeka.
Speaker 4: Who are you talking about about?
Speaker 3: Married? Mixed? Murray mixed it? Sorry you said, murried dick don I think maybe it's because we're in yours yours, Please put Murray Deeker in my head there.
Speaker 1: Murray mixed it, Yeah, sipping like a half pint of tequila because they served tequila at the gether shees and.
Speaker 3: He was just like, well, what do you drinking? Take a big man to be able to keep going after half a pint of tequila.
Speaker 4: It was a big unit. It was I must have been Matte huge Matts good looking man.
Speaker 3: Good looking man man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like kind of rugged around you just kind of real.
Speaker 3: Real, actually married universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, almost a quintessential key we kind of look yeah back here a big rugby player.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, how do you drink water? How do I drink water?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to agree with this man.
Speaker 1: If I buff buff water, there's no enjoyment in water.
Speaker 3: I was told if you stay for drinking from the tap the first time of ages because I was rocking to the on swite and just slip it up like a dog out of the tap. Yeah, that would kill you to use a glass like maybe.
Speaker 1: Times I do that is when I'm so anxeously hungover that i can't make it to the kitchen and I've gone to the en suite and my tongue is like a piece of cardboard and I know it needs some sort of hydration.
Speaker 3: Usually then, if I'm not hungover, I do twenty gulps.
Speaker 4: Twenty golps, Yeah, of water.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get up to twenty.
Speaker 4: Of water or just trying to get slid into your mouth water twenty golps. Yeah, but you nick it though. Yeah, there's no enjoyment in water.
Speaker 3: That's gross. You're doing one job and that is hydrations, disgusting stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's why you buffet.
Speaker 3: It's horrible.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you see anyone slept with water? Go punch them in the fence.
Speaker 3: I mean there's water in a steak, yeah, exactly. And lettuce Yeah if you eat lettuce? Yeah right, We've.
Speaker 1: Got one more yours please nutrition you see, well that's the way in yours please.
Speaker 7: Came from cross Hurt calling about g Lane's challenged to lift the lowest successful lift in the weightlifting Yes, it's just going at the two year results and the lightest successful snatch was sixty nine. Nice and the only snatch that do you learn we're getting for sixty nine will be from a myth fiend on Manchester Street and nearly ours. Anyway, circle on that.
Speaker 3: And oh cut off there. Audio quality for ye, very good, like it suspecially is it go running a like a studio?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That There is wild discrepancies around the quality of some of these yourse pleases. The ones on Monday are the best because people get massively steamed and leave the yours pleases, and in some of them you cannot even understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, completely nutty.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a real insight into the psyche of the New Zealand male, isn't it. But we thank you for we've got a female to yours. Please sexist, No, that's sexiest of you. Anyway.
Speaker 4: What was that question of the sixty nine year?
Speaker 3: Okay, did you snatch sixty nine?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't. I think the snatch was going to potentially cause an injury. I think we decided it was going to be the clean and jerk. Yeah, but look, if need be, I'll try and snatch. But snatch for me requires a bit more technique.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you've got to get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I think something serious could go.
Speaker 3: There isn't just the bench press at the Olympics.
Speaker 4: No, there isn't there There isn't.
Speaker 1: The Paralympics is the powerlifting, right, they got the powerlifting and they what about.
Speaker 3: They're just lifting it up and then dropping at something. It's a huge noise that echoes right across the gym and gives everyone a fright. Yeah, that's that's compulsory.
Speaker 1: The guy, let's go of theouy, let's go of the pool down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus mate.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we know you're checking something about me, all right, buddy, Okay, But the most embarrassing thing is I'm trying to find a gym to do this in because I don't want to do it at Menai's Pretty Boy gym just over the road there. Yeah, yeah, because it's just going to be too many onlookers. I need to go somewhere a little bit more private cause if I am going to ship myself yeah, or do some myself a serious injury, I don't want the ambulance coming into.
Speaker 4: The pretty Boy gym.
Speaker 3: It will come down to health sporting at near my house. Thanks on, That's where I go.
Speaker 4: Is that a good working class fodder?
Speaker 3: There? No one under forty perfect? Anyone taking selfies, No one taking selfies, oh good, does not. No one wants to puture. No one in the end wants a picture of themselves anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Yeah, that sounds like my cavity. Okay, we'll nock this on the head. We back tomorrow with a Wednesday edition of the Agenda.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: You get your podcast