Speaker 1: Oh, welcome back to the Man Monday podcast, brought to you by four and twenty piles, the perfect at home snack for watching rugby league. My name is Tina Fassauer Monday AI. I am joined on a Thursday by Edin Vanua Kezy.
Speaker 2: Okay, how are you really good? Help my back saw this morning? Oh? Why your backbone after Classic? After basketball last night? Oh? Yeah, yeah, I don't know why. Well from carrying or can't be from carrying the team. It's from riding the pine hard. I work up this morning at Billy Walk because I what the hell? And I'm like, oh, I'm thirty two. Played basketball last night, Probably didn't stretch at all? Did you stretch it all? No? Did you warm up at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Did you go home and just sit immediately on the couch and scroll on your phone for about two hours?
Speaker 2: Because you can't fall asleep after playing game basketball? Wired from my eight minutes of action, I went straight home, see good night to my wife who was already in bed, and then sat on the couch and played PlayStation for two hours. Yeah, that'll be it. I think that's basically what everyone does.
Speaker 1: That's why I hate when people are social sports on like a Wednesday or whatever, get chippy. There is nothing more embarrassing to me than getting in a fight at social sport.
Speaker 2: And it's the most it's out of all the grades, it's one of that attracts the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's people who might have been nice at high school and then now it's fifteen years later and they're like, how come I still can't do it?
Speaker 2: Don't point it me. The listeners can't tell. But I'm pointing him and I right now because I've got a point to make. One of the guys in our basketball team, he has a touch team over the road there at right who's like our opposition. Their touch team. My wife used to play for them, because it was a mixed one. Yeah, there is a guy there that I went to watch one of her games and the team is really good, and he's very good. He swore at the ref from the sideline and was like barking order because he's a player he was subbed off. Is barking orders at his team the whole game. And then the riff made a call and he said, you've got to be fucking kidding me. Are you fucking serious to this this woman who is probably like twenty four office worker. Office worker up a time ten bucks to riff the game. Yeah, And she stopped the game and said, I'm gonna like stop the whole thing and you guys are going to have an OWL next year if you don't calm down. And I said to my wife, you can't play for that team next year. They suck. They are great, and a lot of everyone on the team was great except for this one guy. And as a result, she's like, yeah, I can't handle playing with them, and they had to leave. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Social, that's so much. There's nothing social about social sport. Yeah, it's like, I don't know, you're not going to make the league.
Speaker 2: Who gives a shit.
Speaker 1: What we're actually doing here is getting out of the house, tracking ourselves into exercising and trying to switch the beers out.
Speaker 2: It also gives you like just a hint of that, oh yeah I can still do it? Not basketball? Does it not basketball? But like if you play like a game of very social touch, you go, oh yeah, no I can still do that doesn't to me? Yeah you never could. But every now and then there's a dude who's just like, you know what if I dedicated my life for the next ten years, I reckon I could make it. Yeah, you've had a hiccut. Don't go straight to I've had a hiccut. I asked the barber this morning, New Check, at the place we always go, do you still go there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I should there recently? Ko Yeah, absolutely, it looks good. Who got who did yours? Because I should get that person. I'm gonna say, yeah, right, so New Check, I'll see what she's like. And then I said to her, Now, at my work, they have a thing where if you walk in with a fresh fade.
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone goes hey, fresh cut? Oh you hear got is it? So? I said to it, Can I have a two fade, not a one fade? Two is a bit more restrained but still skucky. Sure? And I said to her, I just don't want to walk in and people be like hey. And she's like, yeah, cool, I can do that, and then proceeded to cut the skukiest haircut I've ever had. And she's like, so that's not too out there, is it? And I was like, no, it's great, thank you. Here's fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's such key We dude, shit, like we just sit there and no matter what they do to her here, We're like, yeah, it looks really yeah.
Speaker 2: It looks great. Thank you the mirror at the back to wash she sucked the backup right, sick. You can feel it sometimes when they're doing your here, because as a dude, when you get in your hair clip and it can go in your eyes, so quite often you get your eyes shut when you open the just like, oh my god, shit, Now, can I just clarify it's a good haircut. Yeah, yeah, it's just not the one you want. It way too skucky for me. Do you think Jason Hort's going to notice that as soon as he walks in? Yes? And do you think Jason Hoick latches onto the first piece of content that's available to him and then it bleeds it dry? Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: So how over the next three hours of that radio show, I the thing is, I've now got to the point where people don't even really say it to me, because that's how I run.
Speaker 2: I don't get a haircut very often.
Speaker 1: I get a harecut and it's like quite a tight fade, and then I let it grow until I look like when they pulled Saddam Hussein out of their hole in the ground.
Speaker 2: And then I get a haircut again, and that's my cycle. Ritson repeat. How long have you been running that exact haircut since I was like eighteen? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: I think dudes, to be honest, have like three haircuts tops in their lifetime. Yeah, and I think mine will change probably in the next five years.
Speaker 2: It's a huge call to change it too. Well, it's the exact feeling that you're talking about, but over a longer period because people are talking about you, behme that what's it doing here? You see the new little minight. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So Jeremy Wells has done enough herecuts in his lifetime for ten ten men.
Speaker 2: He can just come in with a different way. Not even blinks. But I don't have a lot of options. I got flat top, yeah, Kenner, bull cut. You occasionally go like almost not balld but quite sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most summers off shape all my hero off Yeah go Kenner.
Speaker 2: It looks real good man, just quickly. I mean, I know we're supposed to be chating rugby league, but last night you picked me up for basketball in the acc ute, Yeah, which is a mid nineties Ford falcon ute. Yeah. Fuck that was sick. It's going to run at straight six. Yeah, it is a bitch to like you. Everywhere we went, you to do like a seventeen point turn in it. It's got the turning circle of a train. Yeah, it's like Mania's trying to turn the cruise ship around. For it's the iceberg aka the land rover and the car park. Yeah, and everywhere I go people looking at it like you're not going to park next to me. That was a great experience. But hate rugby league. Yeah, rugby league mate. We commentated the game on the weekend. Will we commentating the game again? And just about forty.
Speaker 1: Eight hours five o'clock Saturday night. Now, on this podcast, we don't really have like a segment dedicated to feedback, but on the Agenda podcast we do. And so somebody has sent in feedback to this specific podcast. Oh what, let's let's open the podcast with that. So, without any further ado, call it yours please they can't.
Speaker 3: I know you don't have yours, please, but I'm just listening to this podcast and whatever respect of her head for keyses down to a sliver this poet carry on. They good, look at yourself, buddy, You ripped the lid off. You chuck that sauce and you pull that lit into a little bits folded and half scoop out this saucy mint deliciousness.
Speaker 2: Get it and get any of your gallat drink what I'll give you. Boy, that's so good. I'm so glad we opened up that segment in regards to me eating a four and twenty with a knife and four I presume. So yeah, well look, I mean, and you're the good thing was you're very understanding of the situation because we're commentating the game. Joe Jury chucked them in the air. Fright chucks them on for about two hours. Yeah, he doesn't pull them out until they're like basically uranium being pulled out of a nuclear reactor. And I didn't want to burn my hands and my mouth, so I went to the knife and fork. So I'd just burned my mouth whilst commentating the Warriors.
Speaker 1: If it was a family pie, I would understand, you know, like one of those ones where you've got to dish up a slice of pie and then you get vegi'es with it.
Speaker 2: I'd understand that to a degree. If it was a particularly difficult.
Speaker 1: Normal pie to eat, a sloppy one might be able to forgive that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even like this was a crisp refreshing four and twenty traveler pie designed to be eaten by truckers whilst operating heavy machinery, and you sitting at a desk still needed a knife and fork. It's funny because that designed for one hand, yeah, but I couldn't even two hand it, so I had to knife and fork it. But that's all part of the you know, it's all part of the charm of the acc, isn't it. What do you do when you're out at.
Speaker 1: No Smart stadium and they dish you up a four and twenty pie.
Speaker 2: You've got no knife and fork? I asked one of those little pile of stiring trays and you give it the old knees together the leads, yeah exactly, and I just cut it on my knees there. It's a shambles and the small bite sized pieces. It's classy, though, What about like a Fritz's Wiener? Would I just put that shit away? What do you mean I just put it away? I just you don't need it. I just have you ever seen like a seed that video of a seagull eating a hot dog? Yeah? Right, I just do that. I've seen similar video. Is all right?
Speaker 1: The Warriors vis Titans. Let's move on from the piderbarkle. They've named their team. The Warriors have d w z Rook or.
Speaker 2: Where the fuck is the teamless? Cape Well and Barnett are all out.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing for me and I want to start with this is the jiggery pokery that they play with the team list every week. Andrew webs the names the team on Tuesday because he's obligated to, but he doesn't even name the exact team that walks out on Saturday. So how much stock do you put into Dylan Walker being named at twelve? Obviously Barnett's out, and so Jackson Ford's going to stay in that number ten jersey, but it's a new quartereer on the other edge. Do you believe that Dylan Walker will be starting in that twelve jersey or do you think that Jacob Laban will be coming in?
Speaker 2: I like to think Laban will come in. This is more of a Dylan doesn't play twelve than it is a Jackson Ford should jump into twelve from prop no because he wants jackson Ford to be a to be a prop going forward, and they very much like to stick to these things, so he will be there. But Dylan Walker at twelve, I'm sure he could play it. I'm sure good, but no, he's so good as that first receiver at Locke that's just in the middle. Yeah, I think Laban comes in walk at a thirteen till who off the bench again? Yeah, And I think what will be does And I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but I think he does this to sort of stop guys like Jacob Laban being talked about in the media for the whole week. I think. So, look these young guys.
Speaker 1: Whenever someone's made a debut for the Warriors this year, it's been from eighteenth man or no off the bench.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why he's doing.
Speaker 1: I just would be shocked if Dylan Walker, Like, he's an excellent player, but he's not that big hole running it's four that we have been desperately crying out for this year.
Speaker 2: You know who is Jacob Laban? Jacob Laban is that dude?
Speaker 1: So And I also yeah, and like you say, I don't actually even mind Dylan Walker coming off the bench for us.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't be shocked if that was the Well, it's nice because like Tall who coming off the bench in recent weeks has been great, so he gets to come on when everyone else is tired and not have to play the full lady. However, Dylan Walker coming off the bench is great because he injects some skunkiness about the twenty minute mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to do what your opponent doesn't want you to do. And when I'm absolutely shagged out there in the middle of which I after the name the National Rugby League, the last thing I want to see is Dylan Walker coming at me at Barllion miles an.
Speaker 2: Hour exactly, and I love that. I remember the injection of him and Jazz tavanga Ye last year the Ball Brothers. It was fantastic. So you Jack, is Shanel Harris Tavita in there as well? Yeah, I think the eighteenth Man.
Speaker 1: It's not on our list here, but I believe it's Bunti for right, who's back from his hamstring injury, right, so he could be a late inclusion there potentially, I don't know.
Speaker 2: In course, so club on Delan's wing.
Speaker 1: So Dellan's obviously got a week for his high shot on a man who did not have the ball.
Speaker 2: That was so shit. It was I loved I love Dallan, so I love the worries. But like Marcello's penalty was dumb and it was real smart from Jerome Hughes. Yeah, he just that entire game. He was like a puppet master. He suck at Marcelo when out of frustration, who then threw him on the ground. You know, like it was a pure like I could see Cameron Smith doing that or you know, like or like a real like a daily Cheery Evans. It was like a frustration fel on social basketball on hundred percent. So that was dumb and I was like, oh, that was super dumb. And then Dellon's when happened, and I was like, oh no, no, that was super dumb. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, he'll be out for a week, which brings the Cozi Club back in. Are you renewing your membership to the Cozie Club? Well, what is it forty bucks a year? Yeah, it's forty bucks a year.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I think, are you in on the Cozy Club? Look? I think And by the way, this goes for us in our local Irisa, which we've been toying with potentially shifting as a regular spot. I think we give a one last go on renew one more time we go, we see how it is at the Cozi Club slash and if it goes all good, we stick it out.
Speaker 1: And I'm all in because you know, at the Cozi Club lately, the food hasn't been great.
Speaker 2: Actually, you're right, what expensive?
Speaker 1: And by food I mean defense, Ah, his defense just all those tries against the and the Roosters.
Speaker 2: His hands are a bit iffy as well. Yeah, and by hands, you mean the price of drugs are going up handles is what I mean? Yeah, exactly, exactly, That's exactly what I mean.
Speaker 1: Roger to vus As schick back in and he will replace Rocco Beery. Do you think if Rocco didn't get injured he would be replacing itam Pompy.
Speaker 2: I think that Rocco was sort of not delivering to the level he was and was almost because we need Aed and Pompy and his goalkicking. Yeah, Seawn Johnson is going to come in and out of the side because he's older now, injuries, et cetera. Pomp is a real solid kicker. I almost think Rocco would have been the one that would have dropped out. Yeah, it's my vibe. I could have been the So I was very fortuitous that he got massively injured. Yeah, and again this like we see, like I say all the time, we have all these positions, and we say we can plain like, oh God, how do we fidd all these guys in the field.
Speaker 1: Injuries happened, That's how we fitdle these guys and they shitload of them. We don't need more out of RTS.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: We always say that we could end up in this ridiculous situation where Adam Pompey's the goalkicker when Roger's been playing, he's often the kickoff like the restart kickoff kicker, and then we're going to have to Mighty Martin as a primary general play kicker. So we're just going to have all these like seven different dudes kicking the ball. At the end of the last game, the last conversion that we attempted, it was SANELLL.
Speaker 2: Harris to Vita who kicked it because right.
Speaker 1: Because so many Adam pompe went off with some sort of ankle injury, which he seems to have miraculously covered.
Speaker 2: From ros on the right wing right the right center he was last time. Yeah, so he's right center, he's on Dallen's side. Now he's not on the left anymore. With Marcelo's Jersey three. I am so dyslexic. Yeah, so Jersey three is right center, okay, with Ed Cossi and then eventually Dellan which means Pompey on the left with Marcello. Yep, Now you like that a bit better. I think going forward later on this party when we chat super Coach, that could be a boost to Roger's value. To Roger's value because we hardly ever go left, you know, so he kind of just was middling, but now he's going right. He could get his hands on the ball a hell of a lot more.
Speaker 1: He could well do just looking at the bench obviously, Laban Tavanga tom Ali is on the bench there as well. I think he stays just because of all of the players that we've got out much. Barnett of course, has been called into state of origin and also one of the most unfortunate things to happen to the Warriors this season. Kirk Capewell, who has been injured, haven't seen a whole lot of him, but then also gets called into.
Speaker 2: That's such a weird caller, I know, and it sucks for us because we're like, ah, we could have done with them. Yeah, and it's like usually this is the period where we thrive because we don't have that many origin players. Yeah, and now we've got cape and Bar and Juanett gone. Yeah, I why is Cobbo not there? He injured? So on Throbo did he just get dropped? Question with us? Yeah, I'm not sure this is some info that we should have, and producer Adam's googling it ferociously right now because if Cobbo was dropped in favor of Capel, I know that Capele has played center in the past and has a lot of origin experience. But I thought Cobbo was just genius. He came on straight away the hammer went to fullback. I thought he was excellent as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know I would be surprised now looking at the at the TETs over there Keno Kinney, their fullback has been absolutely excellent, excellent over the last few weeks and for a J. Brimson I think is back in around a couple of weeks time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a fie though, Yeah, so he could be there for a week while longer. He's been great.
Speaker 1: Can Pereira has has as much with Brian Kelly's been good and despite all of that, that's still at the bottom of the table. Is there anything in this team that really scares you? Is it Jaden Campbell at six? Is it Dave for Feeder potentially lining up against Dylan Walker to start the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They see that scares me. Dave for Feeder is the scariest thing about the Titans. Yeah, it's as far as the Gold Coast concern is concerned, it's Dave for Feeder and the Tower of Terror. Those are the two scariest things on the Gold Coast. To be honest, cam Pereira, he's on the rack. The whole team's pretty shit and it's and it's it's shown in their standard. But they beat us. They did beat us. So what I'm doing here is I am either going to put a line through the Warriors after this weekend. Oh shit. And when I say that in terms of I don't think they're going to make any noise in the postseason, that'll still don't win this game. Because if we can't beat the Titans who lost to the Tigers last week, or I can't remember. Yes, God, I've been away and Barley, my brain's still fried. What are we doing here? You know what I mean? Like the Titans have had so many changes. They've been without Jayden Campbell even for Feeda was out last week. They've been shifting Karen falling around their back lie Like what yeah, if we can't beat them, especially after what happened with Melbourne last weekend, this is a real like we need to start winning because there's us, there's the Cowboys, there's the Knights, there's all these teams who are sort of in the middle and need to start winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We did the exercise on Monday on the podcast of we need basically seven wins out of the remaining games, and we went through and said who are we definitely going to beat and there are about three of them. Then there were two more that we were like maybe, and that got us to five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then we're like, well, not only do we need to win these and this Titans game was one of the ones that we said, yeah, we're gonna win, it should be yeah, And so if we drop this then means in the back end, of the season. We need to start beating the Broncos. We need to start beating you know, Penrith and these teams that I just can't say it happening.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not so.
Speaker 1: But the other thing is we've seen over the last few weeks. Before that Melbourne game, we started to pick up a little bit of pace and everyone was saying, if we can just start getting these guys back, there's no reason why over the next two months we can't get back to the same Warriors team that we had last year. Yeah, and I think the loss last week hurt a lot because we were starting to believe that we could have beaten them. So I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. I still think we can turn this around. And I do think we're going to win this this weekend.
Speaker 2: So do I and we're commentating it and join us Skysport night. It's going to be excellent. But I'm just like, I'm yeah. I told so many people, especially Anzec day of the Titans, I was like, we're gonna put a We're gonna do a job on these guys. It's going to be for the first time in ages, it's gonna be a great Anzact day of rugby League for US. Yeah, and we lost. So I just I want them to beat them. I want them to play full eighty not twenty minutes of dominance and then sort of lose a bit of resilience there and then you know, let them back in. Yeah. Like I'm just I just want them to smash the Titans.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna win, and if we win, I think we're gonna win by a bit. Yeah, I also think if we lose, we're gonna lose. We could potentially lose by a bit. This is the problem with the Titans. They've always been there's glass cannon type team. They get their tails up and score in a hurry. They got dudes that can score from anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so guys like you know, j Campbell was the exact kind of player we struggle against. Yes, and then like even a Carnt Perira an open space, you can see him scoring a hat trick. If we're off our games, Jojo Feder and s Jer isn't there on the other wing. However, those guys are shocking on defense. So if we get our tails up, Yeah, this is why someone's getting blown out this weekend. Yeah, who is it someone's getting blown this weekend and I hope it's us. Wait, no, I hope we're blowing the amount. Yeah, sorry the other way around. Yeah yeah, yeah, should we go to an ad?
Speaker 1: Okay, just before we do, the other four and twin prize pack is back again.
Speaker 2: Each month of the Mad Monday Team.
Speaker 1: We've got four tickets to the next home game and four and twenty five ouchers that you can eat with the knife and fork in the comfort of your own home. Oh yeah, just text the monthly keyword to three two three six. This month the keyword is yum, So texts yum to three to two three six to be into it. We're going to take a quick break. I'm going to make a soup sfkeys. You can eat that with a knife and fork. Will come back to talk Supercoach. All right, it's time to talk a bit of Supercoach. It is round sixteen in the Supercoach, which means that it is a major buy around and the am I right in presuming that the top thirteen players.
Speaker 2: In your squad you get their scores. Yes, however, you still need to make sure that in your starting lineup, and you still need to reserve them.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is where I went wrong last time. I was like, surely, if you're just taking the top thirteen, what does it matter who I reserve?
Speaker 2: And you're doing that thing which a lot of people do, where they can't believe that it would be that way, that it would be that way, so they're like, nah, no, it's not that, Noah, you're wrong. Just why you're like trying to comprehend how stupid it is. It is. It is stupid. It is stupid. You should just it should just be all your players. You don't need to reserve anyone because you can barely fill up the starting lineup. Yeah, that's right, So make sure you do still select them all because the whole.
Speaker 1: Point of the reserves thing is that you have to make choices and leave dudes out. But this round is like exactly all the rules are out the window except for one except for one, and we're going to really make sure we stick to that. How many players have you got because it is thirteen as opposed to a usual seven? Yeah, yeah, I have. How many do I have that are playing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have fourteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, so I'm in a really good position this week, and of the fourteen that I have. It's a lot of my heavy hitters around here. You know, you forfeeders, roosters are plane. I've got to desk Dong Yum, who just got named in the team to maslam my team, same Blake. So I'm I'm all right, And I was looking at my trades, and trades are the most fun part of super coach. I think we can all agree, but I just don't know who who I can bring it. I wanted to look at some of the buyers that are flying around this week because a lot of people will be in a situation where they need to bring some people in. One of the ones that's caught my own Adam actually pointed this one out this morning is Reuben Porter, who's eligible second row forward for the Tigers.
Speaker 2: He's almost bargain basement pricing. I think a two hundred and four thousand, yeah's bottom dollar. He has bottom dollar. So he's played two games. He played against the Dragons and he played twenty minutes and got seventeen points. He then played against the Titans and got seventy minutes. Yes, why did he get so many minutes? Someone? So then the.
Speaker 1: Thing with him is he can play this round they're playing the next by round.
Speaker 2: He plays sixteen seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty three, twenty four, twenty five as a break in twenty seven. Yeah, so he's great.
Speaker 1: He could potentially get dropped in amongst that, but that's what I worry about. Guaranteed price rise and if you needed to make some cash to bring someone a decent player in this week to make up numbers to when your head to head whatever it is, that is a great option in Reuben Porter.
Speaker 2: I think this round there's going to be like, for example, have you seen the have you seen the team list that Manly have named. Yeah, it is an absolute like it's a pretty much an ANSW Cup team. Former Warrior Carl Lawton starting at half back. Yeah, Carl Lawton at halfback. He's a hooker, isn't it you'd bench utility. I don't know. Here's a hot dude. So there are this round going to be quite a lot of sort of cheapies coming in. Yep. That could end up being a wee bit of a trap. Yep. But this fella's played two games already, so Bingi's obviously got him in the rotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he is playing this week. So that's guaranteed cash. It's bargain basement, that's what you're buying. Don't be shocked if he then goes back to the bench again. You know, yeah, absolutely, anytime you bring a tiger into your team, you know you're in deep shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So those people that work in places where tigers live, they'll put a mask on the back of their head because tigers like to attack from the back, and so if they think that you're looking at them, they won't attack you. So they'll put a mask on the back of the head, right, so that tigers don't attack them from the back.
Speaker 2: Did your missas ever have to do that? And this isn't a weird joke, this is you're missus zoo keeper. Yeah no, she hasn't had to do that. Yeah, right, But this is more like Adam the Wild. All I'm saying is, if you're going to bring a tiger into your team, put a mask on the back. He put a mask on the back of your head. That's right. Actually, just on that, I've still got Lochland Galvin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so again you again, I need a mask in the back of you hit he could get dropped. Buzzer Rothfield, saying that he's strutting around the changing him saying, see this is why I can't wait to get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, but he's he's he's a warm body and he's playing this weekend. I've still got Luke Brooks from the start of the season that's going to come in handy this week in which and like the thing with watching him is it's actually all right. He's all right, and he's scored a try and set up a try here and there and without daily cheer Evans. I like to think that he'll be doing a lot of work this weekend. But every time I man, I need to trade them out for a decent player, and he just stays in my team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a few dudes like that. Weeks is my version of that suit. He's pretty scuck you Nigge's going he is. Yeah, So I'm not too mad about that. This is the biggest one for me. And I've traded him in. I've traded him out. I've traded him in, I've traded him out. Little Pappy's back. Ryan Pappenhausen has been named to start for the Melbourne Storm. They cover the buyers pretty well, he won't be in consideration for origin.
Speaker 2: Yeah have you have you? I like to see how he goes when he's back, I know, because he's like a locomotive. He takes a wee while to get up to speed. He can do because the injuries that he has and fair enough horrific and they're all like breaks and shatters and fractures. So the good thing is it's not like a like a muscle soft tassoe kind of injury, so you'd sort of think, oh, the bones minted itself. He's back, you know what I mean, Like he's not worrying about a hammy or anything like that. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: And so the trade that I've made and then pulled out of, and then made and then pulled out of, and may yet again before at the first game kicks off tonight is Latrelle down to Peppy, which is a super pod play Pabby's at about six p ninety two.
Speaker 2: Latrell at the moment is eight seventy. You don't just want to keep Latrell for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: The problem I have is I am hovering around eighty sixth in our Mad Monday mondas league, right, I'd like to be a bit higher than that come the end of the season. And I'm fifty seventh. Actually, over the next five weeks, five or six weeks, Latrell only plays like one game because they have a bye coming up. I think next weekend. I'll check that yet, so he's not playing this weekend because of Origin, then a bye, so he's out for at least the next two weeks. Here's another buye in fairly short succession after that, and he'll also be playing an Origin game three. And I can't afford to have eight hundred and seventy thousand dollars sitting on my bench if I'm looking to try and climb the rankings. You're right, though, come the end of the season, you're probably gonna want him. Well, this is this is it's a massive dice roll.
Speaker 2: It's a huge and at this point of the season it comes down to how many trades you've got. Yeah, it's almost like a luxury style trade where you make it because you can. Yeah, but I don't know if I can. I've got fifteen left, Yeah, I've got fourteen. Man, we're stuffed. Adam our producer has probably got like one hundred Ben Hurly lost them all around a month ago. He boosted all four first weeks. So I've done a similar thing to you for a similar reason. I've had Scott drink Water since Ponger went down. I think so ages he has got a he's got two buys coming up, and he's got the Panthers in between. Yeah bye Panthers. By I think he's the most dropped dude this week. Yeah you are one Yeah, you are one hundred percent correct. And then Ruben Garrick, which is interesting. So I think with a Scott drink Water, he's going to miss two games. He's playing the Panthers, He's not going to score well agains him, He's going to lose some cash anyway. Definitely, a Peppy could be a good option, or Teddy if you can work it. So I've done Teddy. I've gone straight from Drinkwater to Teddy, and that is one of my fullback positions locked in for the rest of the year. That's why I'm not getting rid of Teddy.
Speaker 1: So I already have Teddy, and so that's why I'm thinking, geez, do I do Trail At the moment, I haven't got him in my team I'm thinking about doing it. My caveat to this would be if you're listening to this podcast and you go out and get Pappy, just bear in mind it's at your own risk because there's every chance he scores fifteen, or the plate comes out of his leg, or his fucking elbow shatters into him.
Speaker 2: It. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, don't go and get him because you heard us mention his name on the podcast, and then come at us next week and be like, only score thirteen. That's the risk we're taking here.
Speaker 2: It is. It's a super pod though it is a super pot. I also think if you're getting Pappy, you fully and you're aware of the fact that he could take a while to get up to speed, but after two or three games he'll be cranking out one hundreds because that Melbourne team is flying with Jerome Hughes car Tour, and then all of a sudden you've got Pappy coming back.
Speaker 1: He still outstrips a lot of scored more points this season than the Hammer total points. Yeah right, see, even with all of the injuries and all the highlight players from the Hammer too. Yeah, exactly, so, I think, and the good news is if you have if you're like me and you've still got Flare, he's shifted to the wing. Yeah, so I don't think he'll score very well there and he could lose cash. But you can keep him this week, yeah, to you know, make up your thirteen players. The other buyers that we've got in here, Kator and Hughes. I think we saw it. They just did it to us against the Warriors last weekend. I've already got Carto. Have you got Hughes? Yes, I've got both of them. You've got both and have head for quite a while. And I just think Kato is probably still worth getting in. I think Hughes would be. It'd be very hard for you to get him in.
Speaker 2: The thing with Hughes is if you're getting him in, fine, but you're probably gonna want to get Cleary in soon when he comes back. Yeah, but he could be a way to sort of bridge the gap Betil. I don't know. Yeah, it's beends how many trading. I think that's tough.
Speaker 1: Cells, Garrick, this is the one that you said was the second highest sold player this week. He's out with the concussion. Then he's got the buy so he's out for at least two weeks, but he's also a top three wing fullback who you'd want for the rest of the season. Yeah, So it comes down to your trades man. I think you just put him on your bench and forget about him and then bring him back in afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We were talking about before about luxury trades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Latrell not to go back to this, but he is a luxury stash for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can afford it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, So that's that's the other side of it.
Speaker 1: Am I going well enough that I can stash eight seventy for six weeks?
Speaker 2: You nah?
Speaker 1: And me to be fair of me either, I have been surging up the rankings lately. I don't know if it holds.
Speaker 2: I'm strong. If you held him, do you sell him? He's on the buy this week as well. He's also been replaced by a guy that everyone should pick up next week, the fullback for the Knights, who's If Sharp Sharp Yeah, because he was originally the night's second choice fullback anyway, but he's injured, so that's why Armstrong came in. Yeah, And so next week he's played two games and then he's on the by this week. So next week bring Flitcher sharp and at full back for a couple of weeks until Palmer gets back whenever he's due back. Yeah, and he makes him cash and then you've just got to find out whether he's going to be if shut minor or if shut major. Hopefully major. Got a feeling it's major. Who are you going to captain this week? This is a tough question. I fucking hate captains. This season has been shit for captains. It's hard to pack, isn't it. Every time I pick a captain, they like I captain Garrick. He got four yep, sorry, he got nine. It's my bed So I got eighteen out of that. And I was watching the game ready for him to just tear them a new one, like got head in the head off from ha Damn. It came back on straight away massive high shot, got up wobbly. I was like hey, and I turned the TV off. Yeah, then turned it back on again. I'm just going to disco rest of the season to disco slash Hines. Yeah. Vice captain for Feeder, yeah, rest of the season.
Speaker 1: My my history with the vice captain is torrid, so I'm not gonna I'm just not even gonna worry about who my vice captain is. I'm just gonna go kept And yeah, vice captain is on Dave for Feeder, will probably stay there for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing, Like we were recently in Bali and on a boat trip where we all thought we were going to die, and that was the moment I was supposed to do the vice captain switch because my vice captain scored really well. I was captain loophole.
Speaker 1: You're sitting on a boat in the Indian Ocean, yeah, with a Russian gentleman throwing up off the back of the boat.
Speaker 2: That's right, and crossing a channel which we probably shouldn't have been crossing. And I was supposed to do it then, and it wasn't until I got back on land afterwards and sit a little prayer and then opened my Supercoach app and was like, oh, okay, I should have done that. I can't remember who I captained, but they got nothing. Yeah, so look for the rest of the season Tedesco and then for Feeder as vice and I'm not even gonna I'm not gonna go ooh Dom Young, good matchup this week. Oh yeah, and the only time that changes is when Cleary or Heinz come back. That's right. Origin is done. That's right, and you go, oh so I go Cleari or Hines this week? Oh Clear's playing this team, I'll go for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. So we're both unanimous and the captains. So no trades for you this week.
Speaker 2: Just drink to Teddy. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair enough. I think if you don't have Teddy, you've got to get him. Man captain him at the very least. If he shits the bid, everyone else has captained him too, So that's what you want to be a part of. You won't lose because of him, but you could win because of him. All right, Well, with any further ado, let's knock this thing on the head. We will be back five pm on Saturday. Oh we've got a bit to play this actually, hang on, Oh shit, all right?
Speaker 2: What is it? The game day? Good hunch?
Speaker 1: The game the game day hunch for the TB. We are playing the The Tits are paying two dollars fifty to beat us, to beat us New Zealand Warriors dollar fifty three AFB anytime tri scorer and Warriors win is four dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: I think the Titans medals. Who let me just double check, who have they got in the middles? I fucking no one.
Speaker 1: They have Mo fotso Acres their best forward. Who the hell is just sighed for Hulu. Let's get on Eden for Doua Blake.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's going to be running through the center there and he's gonna be Yeah. I think he's definitely gonna score.
Speaker 1: And it's boosted to four dollars fifty. Was three dollars sixty.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see it and the Warriors to win, and the Warriors to win, I like it all right. That's our bit.
Speaker 1: That is the main power play on the TB homepage for the Warriors game this weekend, So go and have a look at that one. We will be back on Saturday afternoon five pm. It's a Super Saturday on Skysport nine. Myself and Keysy commentator in that game, straight into the Super Rugby Brand Final after that. So join us for all of that action and enjoy your weekendo football.
Speaker 2: See Australia and Australia without rugby league, He's not Australia