Speaker 1: Walking Inside netfore getting you closer to the game you love with Adeen Wilson, Anna Stanley and Jenny Woods sow By News Talks that'd be goot.
Speaker 2: Koto and welcome to Inside Netbol.
Speaker 3: Today we wrap another weekend of the ain Zed Premiership and with only four rounds to go until finals, Nettie, we'll check the teams we think are putting their hands up. But plus we have former Silver Fern and Fox Sport commentator Katrina at Lord join us for her thoughts on what she thinks is happening on both sides of the Tasman But first, ladies, another round. We had a blowout, we had a convincing win and one ugly disjointed game that we did a dean. Things should really be starting to look better by now as we head into the latter half of the competition. Adan, thank god for the tactics. They are starting to play some great netball. And you know what I'm loving the most is the team talks and we're getting to hear Donna speak. I think, I mean, I always knew how smart she was, how tactical she was, and now people are getting to see that in that coaching role and even my husband happened to be sitting there watching a little bit.
Speaker 2: He's like, that is so good. Like Eve been interacting with the umpire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her instructions are just so on point, like I just and so it does not surprise me that they're doing well because she is nailing that coaching piece. And yes, let's be honest, some people say, well, they're winning, so it makes it a little bit easy. Haven't got the struggles that poor Timmy Putter's got with losing a whole lot of people to injury.
Speaker 2: But that's what I've loved the most.
Speaker 3: I've loved watching Donna evolve in that coaching space, and I think she's a huge part of while they're seeing the top of the table gen.
Speaker 4: Yes, the thing I like seeing Tia Winny Kenny get angry the other night.
Speaker 2: Oh she got angry.
Speaker 4: She was and Cozy t o absolutely and she gave them what for. And then she turned to Catherine Hall and said, you great.
Speaker 2: Well she was doing all the work.
Speaker 4: Well she was, and it was true. But yes, I've enjoyed that. There's probably kristyfe is a standout for me. She is going so well down the Deep South. I mean, she must like the cooler temperatures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Love the fact that the Tactics a team that are consistently over the last three rounds putting in good performances, and all these other teams that are sitting at the top are like even the Mystics. I mean Tactics are at the top of the table. Mystics are second. Mystics were very average in their game in the weekend. Pulse is sitting third. They were very average. So the Tactics are leading it the way at the moment. Well, time to bring in our guest for today's episode. She's played over one hundred tests for the Silver Fans, she's won a few A and Z titles for the Central Pulse and she was of course part of that famous twenty nineteen World Cup winning team. And she's now joined at the Kiwi Exodus to live in Australia with her young family.
Speaker 2: Katrina Loray, Welcome to Inside Netball.
Speaker 3: Lovely to see you now for a lot of our listeners, what have you been up to these days and how's Ossie life treating you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: It's pretty good, as you can see. Sunshine and that crown probably my best life. Just mum life, business, life, commentary, life, all of the above. Nothing out of ordinary, but it's always a good time.
Speaker 2: How old are the kids now?
Speaker 3: If we see them on a bit of social they're really close in age too, weren't they.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly to the day, sixteen months apart. Yeah, I don't recommend, but now is okay. Lilybud is four and Lola will be three in September.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I reckon that would be worse probably than twins, because they'd been slightly different stages.
Speaker 6: Wells, I look back at photos and Lily Bud was still a baby when Lola was born, and I actually think I have a a bit traumatized in the first three months.
Speaker 5: But it's all good now.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's a dream kind of maybe.
Speaker 3: So you've been living in Queensland for what eighteen months? You've been doing a bit of commentary for Fox. How are you enjoying covering the Sun Corp?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: I think it is a great a great competition. I'm probably potentially the greatest competition in the world at the moment, just with how it's played with the players, the caliber of players, and the game's week in, week out, and how they're contested.
Speaker 5: Just you get to see so many different styles as well.
Speaker 6: You know, there's English, Jamaican, Ossie Keiws. It's all such a great mix. And yeah, I thoroughly enjoy it and also calling it. I got to call it with Catherin until I see the other week, which was hilarious. I didn't mess up too much thinking I was all relaxed and just having proper yarns with her.
Speaker 5: But yeah, always, yeah, it's just a good time.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: I hope our listeners can hear the Aussie birds in the bag because they're really clear in our headphones. It's brilliant. Look, it's I think we agree with you. It is the best.
Speaker 2: Will I agree with you?
Speaker 3: It's the best comp in the world currently if you could. And we don't know what's going to happen next year for New Zealand, it sounds like it's going to be played here. There's not going to be any integration between the two comps next year. But if there was one or two things you could take out of the SSN that you could plug into the New Zealand comp to help improve it, what would it be?
Speaker 6: The professionalism and the money of the facilities, the back up, the recovery, the training. I think having money put behind teams, it makes such a difference in what they can do and how they can express themselves, how much more they can train, how much better they can recover. Just the facilities, All that adds up, and especially when you're talking about one percent or two percenters when it comes to an elite athlete, those are huge and I think you can see it week in week out, and it doesn't make the competition boring because everyone is so strong, you know, not a heck of a lot of injuries. Yeah, and everyone has a fight for their position as well. Over here, it's like there's no you're not guaranteed your spot, And I think that's huge over here as well.
Speaker 5: We're in New Zealand.
Speaker 6: I think there's probably not quite enough young players coming up and really pushing those older, more experienced players to really lift their game if they have to because they're worried about their spot.
Speaker 5: So yeah, just facilities, professionalism.
Speaker 4: How did you feel when you heard the news that Casey was coming out of retirement for the Giants. I mean, she's younger than you, isn't she older?
Speaker 5: Just same era, Yeah, same era, definitely. I was.
Speaker 6: I did not expect it. When I heard it, I was like, kraky, gosh, that was wasn't that chief?
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it. I was very impressed.
Speaker 6: What was it six years since she retired or something like that, banging on the.
Speaker 5: Door of forty three kids.
Speaker 6: But you know what, losing her dad mother recently and the way she is, the way she's just an absolute battler the Mongol.
Speaker 5: She has the legend that she is and.
Speaker 6: Watching her play over these past few weeks, like you cannot knock a legend down.
Speaker 5: She's impressive.
Speaker 3: Well, the Giants have won the last couple of rounds and she's obviously up against Grace with the Swifts this weekends.
Speaker 2: That'll be a doozy.
Speaker 3: But I guess if we look at the A and Z Premiership, Katraina, your old team, the Pulse, you had many successful season titles with that franchise. They've been very up and down this year, and I guess I know you haven't watched a lot, but you know you've been in that environment.
Speaker 2: When you're one of the leaders in that environment and you.
Speaker 3: Go through slumps, what's your biggest takeaways as a leader? I mean, how do you rally your troops together? Because they're there of it, just not quite there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's when I suppose their leaders have to step up and do their job first and foremost and not try and go out there and help every single other person to do their job for them or help them do their job. You do you and then try and lift everybody else around you. Well that's my take on it anyway. So those players who when I was years and years ago, who were the young ones, hopefully we've taught them enough as leaders to we now they're the leaders of how to show what you need to do and how to.
Speaker 5: Come out of the slump.
Speaker 6: Because you know how lim and talented they all are, aren't they, And as soon as they reach their top peak in their top form, I feel like the pulse would be pretty unstoppable.
Speaker 3: You're obviously a leader at some tough times yourself with the black dress on in particular, you know what was your go to when you're going through those tough moments? Is it communication with coaches? What is it that can help you get out? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I with that we say, dena is the communication with coaches. I think that's huge as a leader, that is the person that you're feeding to and feeding from as the coach, right, that's your the link between coach and players. So if that communication line is broken down, it's not gonna bode well for the rest of the team or anyone else's communication with the coach or the leader. So those are on the same page and they are communicating well and then being able to fit it down to the rest of the team and really get your game plan and communicate it how I suppose the players are going to pick it up and how they will respond to it. I feel like that should be the key Keithan going on.
Speaker 4: I just want to go back and he's already mentioned it. The game this weekend between the Swifts and the Giants, who has the more pressure on them? Is it, you know, the up and coming Grace Wiki or the legend Casey Corpoor.
Speaker 6: Oh Casey has nothing to lose, like she's come in as an impact player. She's doing her job, she's leading, while Erin O'Brien is playing some outstanding your bull having Casey and they're behind her.
Speaker 5: Swifts have it all on them. They've lost have they lost two in a row?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 6: And they are they need to win just so down on the top of the table. So I think all the pressure is on the Swifts at the moment.
Speaker 3: You talk about Erin O'Brien, Are there any players in the current crop of sun Corp that's catching your eye that are perhaps some young new ones coming through that we need to keep.
Speaker 4: Our eye on.
Speaker 6: So there's so many young ones that are coming up, and as soon as they get a bit of a taste and sniff in some caught time, they all seem to perform. But even in the Firebirds just down the road here Macy gardner w I think she's playing very very well ruby Backwudorin as well.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend.
Speaker 6: I think she got like five or six intercepts and just is an absolute rugged gold offense.
Speaker 5: Who will stay on your man.
Speaker 6: So having those two players up against potentially making the diamonds would be impressive and hard work for the Kiwis to go up against. But yeah, there's there's so much challenge around. But I'd always beg the sal Ferns to dominate no matter what.
Speaker 3: Talking about the sal Ferns, obviously there's been a bit of all a lot of chat around Grace Wiki and her availability because She's gone and played in Australia. You went and played in Australia. A slightly different circumstance. I think it was injury and you took injury covers. It was at the end of the A and Z was it right?
Speaker 2: Was it the end? Yep, you're nodding along on the up World Cup?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Ainzen had finished.
Speaker 3: So that I mean that one amazing experience was that was does that? You know we've also been talking about do you change the timing of the competition so you can play in both? Because that's what you were able to do. You were able to go from Ain's said to sun Corp. Is that something you think there's merit in bringing the A Z forwards you could play in both comps? Or do you just want to see New Zealand teams playing over there?
Speaker 6: I think you just want to see New Zealand teams playing there. I don't think you can play A Z Premiership sun Corp and into internationals.
Speaker 5: You're going to have injuries galore. That's it.
Speaker 6: It's too heavy, it's too hard. You're going to miss a preseason somewhere. You're gonna I was fortunate enough where only went for the last I think maybe six or seven games. I only went halfway through the sun Corpse seasons. They had a break for the World Cup, so we were able to do that. I just think it's too much pressure on players to have to do that much nitball in a calendar year. So yeah, come on INZ teams over here would be.
Speaker 4: All, you look pretty fit? Could you do a Casey instead? Off somewhere now?
Speaker 6: And I tell you this, but I feel like nothing's off the cards.
Speaker 5: I did get asked to come for the Stars.
Speaker 2: Did you want an.
Speaker 5: Injury cover from Bobby?
Speaker 6: And I was like, I thought about it, but we've just kind of business is going here, got the kids. I did think about it. I missed netball. I love it, but I don't do any change of direction. I don't jump apart from trying to jump on my kids.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Like I don't. There's none of that carry on going on.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if I could actually do what case has done.
Speaker 3: She's nextly well, so we lost you to Australia, You're going to be coming home like living in Queensland? Do you catch up with Maria? Doesn't Maria live their lawses over that side of the world. Do you catch up with the old team buddies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got our chat going with Kendy, Rhea and Laws. We've had a couple of catch ups.
Speaker 6: It's actually quite hard to put you run down at the same time, but it's we have had some catchups, and especially with Rio and Kendy. Our kids all the same age, which is awesome. You get them in a group in gosh, you just can't. They don't sit still, which is fun. So it's quite cool having you know, your New Zealand crew come and all stay within a space of forty five minutes apart from Laws is about aaron half away.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's awesome having them guys over here.
Speaker 2: We love that you're looking so fit.
Speaker 3: Next time there's an injury over here, keep an eye out for the flights back from Katrina. Al Right, we're just going to finish the segment Katrina with a fast five segment. We asked the same questions to all our guests.
Speaker 1: The Fast five on inside.
Speaker 3: First one, if you could play any other sport other than netball? What what would it have been if you could have played any other sport.
Speaker 2: Other than netball? Sevens?
Speaker 3: I reckon Seven's so she's sitting in a NRL shirt? What was and you probably still have a post game or post workout snack. What is it that you would usually go to first post or meal or meal?
Speaker 2: Snack or meal?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not see. If we had to go back to the hotel, it'd always be pizza. But if I was on my home from a Pulse game, it'd be macas for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you could invite any three athletes in the world anywhere, anytime to dinner, who would you have dead or alive?
Speaker 5: Rafiadal Tennis, Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two consistent ones we've had Yep.
Speaker 5: And Serena Williams. She's the other consistent.
Speaker 2: Where should be keeping stats on this? She did?
Speaker 3: Next one in your the last team that you played for. Who's the last team you played for Pulse, We'll say Silver Fans. And in one in your Silver Ferns team, the last Silver Fans team you played in. Who would have A got you into trouble and then b got you out of trouble in your last Funds team that you were in.
Speaker 5: Last Ferns team I was in?
Speaker 2: Gosh, do I remember the twenty nineteen World Cup winning team.
Speaker 3: Who would have got you into trouble and got you out into trouble.
Speaker 5: We'll go with Bailey because she's undercover.
Speaker 2: Really I would pick that. I would have thought she'd get you out of trouble.
Speaker 5: Yeah, out of trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, good work, Casey.
Speaker 3: Best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Speaker 2: Now, just the heads up?
Speaker 3: No, Lane said everyone goes to the toilet the same way you were.
Speaker 5: Still did you ever say that to you? Guys? I don't remember it, but.
Speaker 2: So be there.
Speaker 3: The best advice, yesspiece of advice you've ever been given.
Speaker 6: It's an advice and quote like even come as far, don't only come as fast. So for me that was always like a turning point and you know, need for working your ass off?
Speaker 2: Can I say that? Absolutely can't.
Speaker 3: And the birds were tweeting in the background when you say that, also agree? Heye, Katrina, thanks so much for catching up. You're looking great. Great to see you, and yeah, I hope to see on the side of the Tessman soon never.
Speaker 5: I never Eggers.
Speaker 1: Inside Netball powered by News Talks b the Inside Netball podcast.
Speaker 3: Well should meet for Katrina all day for the call up a day and you must be second on the list to be.
Speaker 2: Getting the call up.
Speaker 3: But isn't that interesting? That is so interesting and why wouldn't you. I mean, we could see her on screen and we follow her on social media. She is in peak physical conditions still she looks amazing, but so interesting to hear that her interest it was peaked.
Speaker 2: You know, she thought about it.
Speaker 3: And perhaps if she wasn't on the other side of the Tasman she would have done it. So maybe some of those Ossie listeners that might be listening or coaches, they might be like, oh, Katrina Aldy, she's an option. But I mean it's cool to say. I think it also reflects Jen And we know this from all of us playing. You know, that time of your life that you get to play in that team environment. It's special and if you get these opportunities, you can kind of see why people jump at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can kind of see why people don't. I mean if she said six weeks six weeks over here and I thought, oh, you know, no, but yeah, well, I you know, I just sort of think that that is, you know, you would think of somebody like her.
Speaker 3: Because they can slot an easy exactly, and look at the impact Casey's making. And there was another article about her giving instruction. I think it was a clip of her giving instruction to her players, the young players around it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Katraina would be the same.
Speaker 4: There was a lovely moment too, beneath the goal because they were playing the Lightning and so Casey was goal keep. Steph Fretwell I think her name is now, Steph whatever she was, and they basically Casey just sort of ended up in her arm and they came a big hug and then they carried on. I mean, that's not typical Aussie behavior.
Speaker 3: Steph would she was, But it just goes to show you the commitment that Casey's putting in your If Katrina couldn't do six weeks and you think Casey's doing probably longer.
Speaker 2: She's got an extra child than Katrina.
Speaker 4: Kids are a bit older.
Speaker 2: They are a bit older.
Speaker 3: And as Casey still flicking back home or is she's staying over, she's flicking out and she's got her you know, her family around her, her faro, whereas Katrina obviously doesn't have the family over over in Australia quite the same. So yeah, so individual whether you can make it work, but cool to see.
Speaker 2: That they're passionate. Watch the space you can come play for you your replacement today? Is there money?
Speaker 4: Is the money go?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, you do get some free gear with your name on it. Still, I mean, Tony Street's doing a good job of giving sponsorship for good marketing. I had to believe we're heading into round seven. There's on four rounds to go, so let's quickly recap the round that was Stars versus Steel sixty two forty six, another sixteen goal win, a blowout when we're seeing too many of these. It was the Steel that won that one. And just when you look at the blowout games that we've had of late, there tends to be one quarter that's worse than the others. And for that stuff Steel game, that third quarter twelve eighteen, I think it looks like, yeah, up by six, damage was done. Stars gen raally battling, aren't they they are?
Speaker 4: And you know, well we've all said it, You've got a feel for them. But you know, the one good thing coming out of the Steel I have to say is the I was going to say, rejuvenile, rejuvenation of Kate, even she's coming back from injury. She got thirty one minutes. I think at the weekend. I presume she'll go up another another people too in round seven, So you know that's something to look forward to. And also, as I've mentioned, Kristyth just on fire.
Speaker 3: And talk about blowout quarters in the Tactics Pulse game. The Tactics obviously coming more with the one sixty one fifty, but that second quarter it was twenty to twelve to the Tactics, So again you're seeing those swings, and yes, we do have this two point shot, and yes we've talked about a little bit over the the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: When do you use it?
Speaker 3: But you know that really blew out that that margin by halftime for the Tactics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the thing.
Speaker 3: When you look at that Tactic Salmon and Tapa Salbiraka, who's coming into some great form, we're on the court for sixteen minutes. They've still got a weapon in Ali birds sitting on the bench. So you know, you talked about Donna earlier doing some good things, She's still got that up a sleeve when things don't go so well. And when was the last time we saw Tapia shoot twenty four from thirty. I thought, yeah, it's her volume. She seems confident again. Is that the coaching? Is it the.
Speaker 2: Confidence that Donna is giving to TP. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want we'll see. That's what I wondered about. And I wanted, oh, well, you know, Donna was a shooter Donna, you know, is there just something going click there? And she's responded.
Speaker 3: Because you look at the mid court for the tactics. That was always my worry. You know, Peterson she's not She's kind of come and gone, and then you've got Matha in the middle. We don't know much about Matha, but Matha's actually coming and run some really good lines. She's just a very steady center, was reliable and always there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I quite like her. I like the way she holds herself. She sort of stands on the edge of the circle and looks well, I don't know what she looks like.
Speaker 2: But she regal. It's a little bit.
Speaker 3: But Peterson's been outstanding as well. I was watching some of her feeds, like they are clever feeds. She's her vision is very wide. Again, maybe it's because there is such a creation of space in the circle.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that just but can we can we ask what is going on with the Pulse? What I wonder? I mean, you can't blame Tiana Maturo for it all.
Speaker 3: I mean she only shot four from she did own, yes, but for a whole game. Yeah, Ikonacia nearly did that in her game as well, so we can't.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 3: They also lost lot well they didn't, sorry, because they only scored thirty eight. It was thirty eight girls in a whole game of net. I think the big problem with the Pulse is that Matuno is not doing so well and she needs a strong goal shooter at the back to lead the way, and I don't think Wormsley is strong enough to lead. She's just can be a little bit vulnerable under that hope. And I think as a result, the partnership between them is breaking down.
Speaker 4: And who's the other?
Speaker 3: Because I think, count on, I'm runny, she's there because Couna Williams is still undured. But also you go, well, I'm sorry, You've got Maddy Gordon, You've got Whitney Sooners two silver Ferns, You've got Kelly Jackson down the other end of silver fir And you know, why aren't these senior players standing up? Gordon and soonest have been very up and down of late as well. In fact, we're going to go through our spying later on our top three players and it'll be interesting to see how many silver Ferns are actually in that for all of us. But yeah, the pulse disappointing. Are they in our top three day we did? Are they in your toe You've chosen the Mystics and we or no, maybe they're not in yours, but we.
Speaker 2: Don't even to stick.
Speaker 3: So I think the pulse, yeah, they've got a lot of soul searching. I thought defensively, you know, even the week before Kellie Jackson, our Silverfirm defender.
Speaker 2: That was when Sophia.
Speaker 3: La fay Lelli, the goal shooter for the Mystics, got MVP against Kellie Jackson and you kind of go, that was her first full A and Z Premiership game up against the Silverfern best and goalkeeper.
Speaker 2: And she kind of made her look, made Kelly look.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But then you see then you saw that game the other night with the Mystics and you thought, oh, dear, I was so looking forward to that Magic Mystics. I thought, oh, this is going to be good game of the round game of the round, and it was in terms of it was so close, but it was just error ridden. Yeah, and I just couldn't believe what was, you know, playing out in the front of my eyes.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we all had great hopes because you know, the Magic had won two on the trot, but the little question mark behind my head was that, you know, they both those wins were against the Stars, and this was the first time that they were actually being challenged by a stronger team. That was the fourth game over the course of six rounds that was within five goals across all games, only the fourth. All the other games have been like blowouts over eight.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that we missed dwell on, I think is that the Magic took five and a half minutes to score a goal. Mindset at this level of netball is unheard of.
Speaker 3: Well, there's single digit you look at the core of scores twelve eight nine or eleven eight eight thirteen. I mean three of those quarters, the Magic weren't even hitting double figures. I must admit it was probably the worst game I've seen of Echinacio. And sometimes in those games, you just need your leader to stand up. She finished the game on the bench Katie Taylor, the under twenty one player, came on the court. But as you say, Jen, it was mispasses, it was drop balls, and it wasn't just from the med jacket, was from the mystics as well. You know, I have been playing some great netball.
Speaker 4: And as you say held balls, I mean four. I think, well the status sheets said four held balls and I just thought, oh, my goodness, at this level. But I did give Echnasi a few points because she critiqued her own game quite well. After the game, she said, you know, I lost my confidence. You know, she was able to sort of dissect it quite well. So the funny thing is they're going to play each other again.
Speaker 3: I can't cope with how they play each other.
Speaker 2: That's like the Magic Stars. Wasn't it twice in a row?
Speaker 4: So well, look, let's hope it's a much better one.
Speaker 3: So do you think it was Mikhaela sokolch beaks and at Gold offense? That meant that because that's where you talked her the week before, saying, great, move back to Gold defense.
Speaker 4: And I hope they don't move her because who was telling somebody heard somewhere that Holly Ray apparently you no longer injured, better will come back in. But I don't know I would, I would not move souppolet speaks from.
Speaker 3: Just being the key difference I think for me down there, and she just stuck to Ekenascio, you know, really denied her that first phase, and as a result, Catherine Hall came to the party. I would, I would absolute one hundred percent keep socklate beats in at gold defense, whether you put ray at wing defense or keep Katie t L. Katie TL was doing a fine job as well. It doesn't come up with huge amount of ball, but she was applying pressure and as a result, you know, when you've got the height of Hall at the back, she was she was snaffling them. So that one would have to be the most ugliest game. I think that we've done me and and we were like, how did the magic even get within two? That felt like they should have lost that by twenty.
Speaker 4: It was actually it actually ended up being quite exciting because the last five.
Speaker 2: Minutes a whole of two pointers run there.
Speaker 4: We got a rash of two's and I think Filder did her thing. But yeah, no it was not not pretty, No, not pretty, And that's just the ye disheartening thing. You know, with four rounds to go, we want to see some clean, fantastic netball. So the Tactics are staying.
Speaker 2: In the hunt for us. So that's good.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about our spine because Nolan didn't talk about the spine last week, so we thought we would maybe have a go at it if we were to pick.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: So this isine so not just in Z form, this is historic form. So Gin, you're allowed to use historic form.
Speaker 4: Historic form.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm using form based on A and you're going form. I'm going to go with a little combination.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nice, and I'll go for history.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So a player in each air of court. So I'm going to start. I'm going to start in the mid court because that was the easiest one for me. I'm going to Java first mid quarter. I would put in that silver Fern squad because she is playing the best netball at wing attack. She's often playing center roles. She's number one with feeds. She holds that Mystics team together. Well, if you my piece of paper, I also have two the other. And you know there's a reason we keep picking her in our seven of the week, Like she is outstanding. If they do not pick here this year, when will you ever pick her? And this is a year to do it. It's leading into colm games. You'll give her the opportunity to play against South Africa, South Africa and Australia.
Speaker 2: Perfect time.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe the whole fitness thing will come back into it again.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 4: She may she's fit.
Speaker 2: I mean she looks super super fast, she jumps. I mean she can change to Gola Teck if she wants to.
Speaker 4: Do you agree with us? Yes? I do. I do, And I think that I didn't think she had the greatest game the other night, but then nobody except for Catherine Hall. No, I totally agree with you. And I've put her.
Speaker 3: In Yeah, okay, well three from three to other okay, next one shirting end, Well, I've gone with Echinacio. I think that does set to be based on based on form, perhaps not on form of the last game, but she's got to be in there for a leadership, for her experience, for her.
Speaker 4: I've gone Martina Salmon o happy play it's.
Speaker 3: Fine, Well, so you can play it in the in the shooting end, you'd go Martina Salmon that you build everyone else around yes, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't think of that through that much. But no, I did. I like her. I like the cut of her jib as my old Auntie Gay would say. She. I like the way she carries herself. I like the way she you know, well I do. I just like how she is the future. I think she's the future, and I think you put her in now. I think we're going to have a glut of shooters before too long. Actually, but well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 2: But no, do you reckon?
Speaker 3: We've got quite a lot of shooting depths coming through. We'll look accurate shooters, but we got but I don't know about movement and availability.
Speaker 4: Well we've got well movement and available.
Speaker 2: To but never been tested it so far.
Speaker 4: Absolutely no, they all need to be tested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you've got Warmsley, You've got Philda Voie again who you know for the mystics. She goes about her job and slides into that circle and gets those two pointers.
Speaker 2: But again, can she make that step up?
Speaker 3: And there are players that you look across all AID teams and you go, I don't know if you can make that step up, And I always question whether she's one of them.
Speaker 4: No, Well, just for now, I'd go with Martina.
Speaker 3: Heaven is another one that's playing well and needs to be tested. She has been tested briefly at international level, but she's not my spine. I'm being conservative here after in X Factor, Yeah, I'm going no, no, no, no, shooter, shooter. I'm going meals, Amelia, Emilia and me. Yeah, same as you because I've gone X Factor Petter. Yeah, so I want a little bit of, you know, just consistency down that shooting end. And for her leadership Emilia An, you've got to have her as part of the spies. She's part of the leadership model. So that yeah, I would go Pitta and Amelia is my shooter. Medi Combo Okay defender Jenny Woods.
Speaker 4: Well, I would like to step up Jackson, Kelly Jackson. You can't go past and look, I have a discussion out here every day with there's a woman in this building who does not like it because she stands anyway. But I just can't go past how she shut down those Australian shooters last year. And so I rest my case.
Speaker 3: I kind of I'm sat on the fence slightly here, So I wonder if I do go for four people because I had Jackson down as well because of her height, her leadership that lean.
Speaker 2: You need height. You need height.
Speaker 3: How many international teams have a tall goal shooter. You need to have height as an option at least because you can't coach hip right it is.
Speaker 2: You're either six foot gazillion or you're not. You need that option.
Speaker 3: So that's why I kind of went Jackson first. But going back to tactics, going back to Burger, she's been pretty damn good in that gold defense position. I didn't actually pick her in my form seven. I went Paris Mason. But again, if I go off historical form, she can play gold defense and wing defense, so I like that she's got that option. So I've actually gone Jackson slash Burger. Oh for two, Well, we've got the same medeane because I've gone for Burger as well. I think she consistently is at a level in each game she plays. She's so athletic and has that intensity. She gets ball.
Speaker 2: She very rarely has a bad game.
Speaker 3: She definitely had a slow start I think to the season with Watson, but I definitely put her put her in over over Jackson because you know, I look at Jackson the other day when she played that game. She can she can be hot Jackson and then she can be cold.
Speaker 4: I think, oh, but they're different positions.
Speaker 2: They are different positions.
Speaker 3: But I sort of think you need to have a level of of intensity and consistency when you're a silver Fen. I think she just drops below it too much for me. Although she got a player, didn't you get silver Fen of the year like the last two years in Yeah, but I don't think you'd say she'd be the inform goalkeeper this year, would she.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still have her in my team.
Speaker 3: I still have her in this Hall and Stif are certainly nipping at her heels, which is great because it will challenge here. I think Hall for me, she's she's been great. Okay, so if we roll into round seven, what are the games magic mystics again that one will be in Hamilton?
Speaker 2: What are you going there? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I am going to go back the magic and say, look, this time, this time they cannot because they're that close. They're now within a point of well they're in fourth place, so you know, within a point of being the top three. I've got to have faith with them. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 4: I feel they're my team, but I passed through the by Kettlewell.
Speaker 3: Do you go magic last week or did you go Mystics?
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I think I went Magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we said that I was going to be close Wed.
Speaker 4: We did say that, so, I mean, look, it was two points. We were right, we picked it.
Speaker 3: What would you go to be honest, I've lost my confidence with my predictions because I've been.
Speaker 2: So wrong this season.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I have been so wrong with domestics and it will be the Magic. Yeah, okay, I'm going to go. I think I went Magic last week.
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fifty to fifty for I think I might go Mystics. That one tactic stars in christ Church.
Speaker 5: I feel confident about this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an easy one. I think that's a Tactics clean sweep for all of us and polse Steel at home, although the Pulse had been not performing at their best, I think at home they might pull one out of the bag, even though the Steel I think will push them.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going.
Speaker 4: To pick the Steel because Kate Heffernan is coming, you know, up and up and up and up, and I don't know when they're looking good. They are looking good, So I think I'll go for a little bit of an upset there.
Speaker 3: And krastythe will be up against Mealy Warmsley, and I actually think that's quite a key, you know, if you're looking at key matchups and shutting down someone. If you shut down Emelia Warmsley, who shot? What did she shoot? How many take that out of equation?
Speaker 2: Make Tiana shoot?
Speaker 3: Then I'm I'm sticking with you, gin, I'm going with the Steel and then down the other end of the court. The other booking match up is Jackson on Done. It's always a good one too, so I know each other well, you know it. Done's another one that we haven't talked about. When she's informed, she's informed as well as a shooter. Yeah, but again it's just that big sea word. Oh what's the big seaword?
Speaker 2: Consistent? Wonder what it was.
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, okay, consistency. Do you know another word is funny? As I heard this on another radio show this week.
Speaker 3: Was they were talking about sports teams names and how terrible nipble sports teams names are. I know that's a bit left field, but let's be honest. Some of the names are a little bit boring. What yeah, like, where did magic? What's blues Blues? I thought it was quite.
Speaker 2: Funny and I started thinking about it. I must have been on a big walk that day I did it. But I wondered if next year, if they changed the comp whether we could look at changing names. I don't mind them.
Speaker 3: Logic's probably the well magic something over for and some on social media.
Speaker 2: What would be a good name for a knipball team?
Speaker 3: Rebels was very good back in the day because we come on maybe a team that could play in Australia. That would be that. We've got a couple of teams. Okay, well, that's it from us for another week. Remember to keep up to date with all things netball. You can download the Inside NETWL podcast through iHeartRadio or wherever you keep your podcast on until next week.
Speaker 2: Mad Ti whare
Speaker 1: Mhm.