Speaker 1: Welcome. Well we are back. The Little Things is back the season five? Can you believe that in the weeks?
Speaker 2: Not really. I mean I think for Eric question, it's fabulous, but I'm just like from the seed of why did we do this? I think this would be a really good idea to season five.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy, I know, And we've still got so many things that we want to talk about. But before we get onto that, maybe we should have a little bit of a talk about what we got out of season four and actually what kind of impact it has. Mail I thought it was a slightly philosophical season actually, you know, between various people, I think we had we had grief.
Speaker 2: I got a lot out of that episode. I don't know if I'm abnormal, but I got a lot out of that episode.
Speaker 1: Doctor Denise Quinn, and I thought was an incredibly special person, and I just love the way that she talked about learning to love without somebody by your side. We had wonderful reaction to that. It just felt like that was a helpful episode, you know, and it's just sitting there waiting for you when you need it. It might not be something that you gravitated to last season, but I think everyone that listened to it. I mean so many people just kind of reached out and went thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It was personally helpful for me on a number of levels. I don't know if it's her, it's an Irish letter, isn't it total that also helped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that that was it. That was key. Okay, Producer Carrey, get some more Irish guests song that'll do the track. Interestingly, this season, you know, we're going to talk about something else which is quite difficult, and so many families are going through, and that is dealing with dementia. Because that doesn't just happen to an individual, also happens to a family and everybody has to deal with that. We're going to cover that off this season. Look, there were a couple of episodes which kind of were connected that really had an impact on me. Obviously, our very first episode last season with Lara Bryden the net Path on our Metabolism was just a perfect way for me to start the season, and in a way, combined with our conversation with doctor Will Bolschwitz, who was the gastroentrologist and researcher who talked all about our guts, I think what I got from last season was so much more appreciation for what my body does and so much more compassion for how I should treat it, you know, like I just, I just it is extraordinary. We just learned so much about how our bodies work and how our guts work. And I also have the way we seem to have these guests who kind of are able to put subjects sort of make them quite romantic. Do you remember that Will was talking about how we've got thirty eight trillion microorganisms and our larger testine and if you took every star in the galaxy and put them all into a ball and your in testines, you'd have to do this three hundred and eighty times with tearim I'm talking about this, and I just love this sort of people are just talking about our bodies in a different way and trying to get us to get our head around how absolutely extraordinary they are. You know, you've got three hundred and eighty trillion galaxies with the stars in your gut. But the point being it has definitely meant that I have tried to be more consistent. I'm nowhere they're perfect, but sheltering more from alcohol and processed food and sugar. And I hate to say it, but it's a pretty simple way to feel better, to sleep better, have more sort of consistent energy and all those things. It's absolutely work in progress, even three four months down the line, I'm still working on it very much, but I've just i it has been a bit of a game changer for me.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's perfect three four months down the line because if you if you'd made a huge amount of overnight changes, they may not have been sustainable. And that's the whole thing, you know, you know how I like consistency franchise just a little bit one percent every day or whatever they say. Yeah, but I don't think I appreciated Laura until until we spoke with it, because I hadn't purchased the book at that point that I have now, and I think it would be a bit like your your book, just full of little notes and things. It's not one you can read and then give away. You've got to keep it, and then.
Speaker 1: Again it takes a while to get through. So this season we are going to do a bit of a deep dive and have that conversation about alcohol though yes we are, which I know everyone will be really excited about and you know, we've been and talking about sort of our guts and being more compassionate to our bodies and things as well, and how we keep ourselves in good working order. We thought we'd talk about supplements this season, because not all supplements are equal.
Speaker 2: Right, It's right, and there is a lot of talk about them, and as you know, I like to get the information from the horse's mouth, so I'm looking forward to that. The other thing I liked about last season was the people that we talked to just about life. I really enjoyed talking to Holly Wayne Wright from Mamma Mia in Australia. I liked having that trans tastement sort of conversation about just conversations about midlife, but.
Speaker 1: Also trying to put a little bit more of a positive, optimistic, yeah slant on things. Oh totally, there's nothing to feel.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, at times are hard thing, it's difficult, we're coping with a number of different things. But really, and I think Oliver also taught us this is that things are not always good.
Speaker 1: They are what they are, they are. Let's get on with that, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I agree. I really enjoyed Oliver Berkman and Holly Wayne Wright. But Julie Kathy Duffy had an impact on you.
Speaker 2: She's high on my list.
Speaker 1: She's high on the list.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. She lit a fire under me and reminded me that physical goals and perior menopause and postmenopause, you know, are totally attainable. So I have entered an event. I have entered a pretty ragged, bloody marathon and the mountains of way out in Victoria and Australia. So that is going to be a hoop and Francisca's going to coach me. So that's look, the coaching has begun. Well it's a hoop for me and I just get to sit there and put you three faces. It's pretty My hard work is done. I've done the program and I will say it's not as enjoyable for me without a running partner.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, look, we'll get there. We'll get there. But I do I'm quite intrigued that you picked one in Australia that I can't. I'm not. I mean, we're never going to really know who you did it or not, are we? I mean, who would know?
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure what that was about. Kathy was Australian and she was. We were talking about it and I think it just it just tickled something in me, but you know, she was, she was really, really with them.
Speaker 1: And so on that note, we're going to talk about iron and fatigue, which is something you might want to get on top of. We're going to talk about that with Dr Libby this season as well. So lots of really great stuff coming up this season. I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to kick off on the second of August. Make sure you're join us. We look forward to your company