Speaker 1: Life an Export Beer Guns Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for halfway through August the fifteenth.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export of.
Speaker 1: Vulture and a reminder that we are on YouTube. You can go and watch this. Oh look, some people just don't believe that they're deserving of happiness and they like to punish themselves on purpose. If you're want of those people, go and watch it. You can look at us talking while you're listening to it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's said, Well, I mean we jest, but can watch me at just my mic standard. Overseas a massive amount of podcasts consumed.
Speaker 1: Via YouTube, I think in these seas as well. And in fact, when I was in Bali.
Speaker 4: I went to Bali earlier this year and if you heard about it, did not buy these shoes.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: We were in a taxi uber or whatever there and the guy asked, Chris Key was in the back seats list.
Speaker 4: What do you do work? He goes, I'm on the radio, and he goes, can you still excess the radio? In New Zealand?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you mean he goes only YouTube here because data is so cheap. I think that's the big thing holding us back here. I was on the back of a dude on a scooter. He was watching YouTube videos while he's driving me a million other dudes on scooters. I was like, could you just pause that until I get off? He's fine, alight, paused it? No, No, the negotiation, yeah no, it did not go well.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's okay, it's okay. I was like, it's really stressing me out. Are you giving him the full hug as well? You're on the back of his like like leaning like dumb and dumber?
Speaker 4: The first day I did.
Speaker 1: The first day I did, but then after that, like after two or three of them, I was sitting on the back one and holding on filming myself shut.
Speaker 3: Off, looking for a BALI rash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, full fucking you know, fake Louis Vuitton's and the whole the hold get up. I have an office crime to report. Someone's been stealing my butter and I've known this for a while. It's been drinking and this morning Ellen and Lawrence saw who stole it, and so I think my only recourse is I'm going to have to put meth in my butter.
Speaker 3: I think that's the only form of recourses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're going to have to put three hundred times the average dotus of myth into my butter and then just put it back in the fridge and leave it there.
Speaker 3: Just to touch on the meth lolly scandal has taken off now yesterday in the media they then put out how much each lolly's worth on the street one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, these lollies have been distributed to people who have picked up food parcels or but been delivered food parcels by the Auckland City Mission. These are people that are pretty hard up. You're coming across these lollies. They're asking that you wring healthline and then they'll ring the police and they'll come and get it, or or the other option, which will be in plain sight for most of those people. As I've got five grand in my food bag right now, I'm selling these lollies.
Speaker 1: It's a five thousand dollars suit correct from the deer's.
Speaker 3: It's like they shouldn't have put it's worth.
Speaker 4: They should just completely worthless because of the way it's wrapped sugar.
Speaker 3: Lately, and they put a value on it, and now there is it's like a gold rush for these lollies to try and get your hands on them.
Speaker 4: It's a lollly scramble.
Speaker 3: It's a myth lolly scram.
Speaker 1: It's the central myth lolly scramble of twenty twenty four. There's no way anyone's going to be handing that shit.
Speaker 3: No way they are. They're saying they could be over four hundred packages. He's like six or seven people have come and said they taste a bit odd. The rest of the going with's that fucking food bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone's going around everyone they know that's picked up one of them.
Speaker 3: All they've sped them out and they're going through their rubbish right now. Yeah, because I've gone, I can imagine it would taste fucking discussion.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Almost every report that's that's come through and said someone like a kid you had run and sped it out straight away, It's like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 4: That's not a lolly?
Speaker 1: And then that's when they And also I saw one report it's this poor woman who was just like she was like a recovering myth addict, and I can imagine that you just you recurrent trying to get your life back on track.
Speaker 4: Soone's like, here's a lolling for it?
Speaker 1: You like, for fuck's sake, you're kidding me? Yeah, I love the meth lolly scramble. Anyway, I need to get hold of some of those lollies and melt them down, put them in my butter so that the bloke who so that the bloke who has been stealing my butter can find out the hard way. I think I won't put three hundred times their regular dose. I'll probably just put like a normal dose.
Speaker 3: Is it a block of butter or are you talking like an Oliviano tub blocker butter.
Speaker 1: That's how I knew people were using it, because it's, you know, in the wee foil situation. So the foil I showed up one day, fo was just barged. Someone's been in here.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 1: I understand there's an element of risk when you put your food in a communal fruit, but I would never steal someone's butter like that.
Speaker 3: How about you seek revenge by transferring that butter into a tub, a bigger tub. First of all, just lad two in the bottom of the top and then carefully spread your butter on the top, and then.
Speaker 4: And they put it back in there.
Speaker 3: And then the thie full jag in for his last bet, and he will come up with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't mind that you might.
Speaker 1: When I was at boarding school, there was a story going around that the seventh formers, years before I was there, started homebrewing beer so that they could drink, you know, at the hostel. And whoever the you know, the matrons are running the hostel, they found it. They didn't tell anyone. They just went and put what's called it makes you do puzzle laxatives in the thing. And then every kid over the next two days who showed up crook, shouldn't themselves silly, like, come a met we know you've been brewing the beer.
Speaker 3: That's a good long con from those matrons.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: Boarding schools basically like prison. You've got no time.
Speaker 1: You've got so much time to do nothing but sit there and think of dumb shit to do.
Speaker 3: Correct, We used to do fuck the bucket.
Speaker 4: What's fuck the bucket?
Speaker 3: You had to get climb on top of the bucket and pretend to fuck it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's one of those things, you know, and how did anyone win in that situation?
Speaker 3: It was more it was artistic flair. It was a bit like rhythm rhythmic gymnastics.
Speaker 4: It was kind of back dancing.
Speaker 3: It was it was like but the bucket in the middle and you know, you've got to make the.
Speaker 1: Noises and then the judges are like and the judge from Hamilton ten correct, like the dunk contest. Yeah, yeah, I like it as an actual sport. The gut in the boat returned yesterday. It was a big you know, we're talking like we don't feell stadiums for our athletes.
Speaker 4: I don't think they'd like that. But there was a bit of like a you know, bit of a to do when they landed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that the at the airport there and the goat in the boat was asked whether she is going to commit to twenty twenty eight or not, and she said she's still not sure, which, you know, to me leaves the door open. I think if I was her, like, if it was next year, she'd probably be keen to do it. But I think it's like four years of training.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She did say that that three year cycle was a bit different because remember Tokyo was the labor a year. Oh yeah, so it's only been three years between Tokyo and Paris. Easier or harder, easier, a little bit easier because they're closer together. And that's why she said this is completely different, you know. But she's so far ahead of her competition. It's one of those things, are you like, do you do it and when another one? Or do you do you do it and miss out? You know? Yeah, I should have called it back in Paris. It's a tough one. But she's so far ahead and she's such a phenomenal specimen that it would be a shame for her to move to coaching or anything, and especially and she's she's pretty much in her prime still. She's what thirty five, I think, yeah, she'll be thirty nine when you hit hit La.
Speaker 1: How good we lab though Emma talks thirty seven. She's still destroying people in those boats. I reckon she could do it. It's just going to be whether she can be buggered for the next four years. So I thought, well, could we have a whip round, like as a country, do you think it's money?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's I don't know if it's money.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I don't think it's money right now. But what I'm saying is, if we had a whip around, here's your incentive. Here's four million, five million dollars a year. Yeah, we're each going to give you a dollar a year.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Just call lott of off on Saturday, give it a lot of Oh my god, yes, call the lot O. Give her all the lot of give her the winnings, and then we'll just do another on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think with all a great and we'll start again on Wednesday. He go, you've won lotto. Would you look at that? Imagine if that was it. Like you know how they talk about NRL teams where you you're negotiating your deal and they're like, we can only pay you this, but here's twenty dollars. Go put it in that pokem machine over there, and then like one hundred thousand dollars falls out of it.
Speaker 4: Imagine if like New Zealand doesn't.
Speaker 1: Pay its athletes for gold medals, but boy have a high percentage then one lotter when they got back. It's almost every single one of them, week after week, week.
Speaker 4: After the week for ten weeks.
Speaker 3: Stra I can fin butcher ones next week.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it? All four of the men's canoeing team, well, what was it? The rowing team? Kayakers have one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so can you fucking believe it?
Speaker 1: That's a much better idea than the idea that I had, which was Fukasani original goat Tex. So it's a percentage of your income if you live in the Fukasni region goes to the goat.
Speaker 3: Oh that's unfair that because she lives in the north Shore. Oh might have to be a north Shore.
Speaker 1: Tex north Shore regional go Tex. I think whereever she lives, there's a tax. I think you're going to be happy to pay it. She can't have a percentage of mind. They like poop pokey text.
Speaker 3: That's which because he trains on poop poockky oh right a poonit yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well yeah, the poop priginal goat tax and you get like a certain percentage of your pay goes to her every year. I wouldn't be against that, but I do like the lotto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just so he's simpler, Just no one buy a ticket, Just give her the winning numbers.
Speaker 4: We're all in on it. We wouldn't even have to.
Speaker 1: Well, you just all have to come together as a country and be like, none of us are buying a lotto ticket, Lisa, it's all yours. Get down the diary, buy yourself a lot of ticket. I have a hunch I think you're gonna win. I think that's a great idea. I'm speaking of Olympic money. You've done a bit of a deep dive, we have. And I'll quote you an Olympic money report that will shock you to the core.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I'll shock you to the core. But Heath Mells, and he's on Cricket Players Association president, has weighed in and I'll explain why he's weighed in and when a cricket from a cricket perspective, but he's obviously a beg advocate for players' rights, you know, when comes to professional athletes and getting their slices of the pie. And he's written a great article on the Bounce. He's become a guest right contributor on the Bounce, and it's pretty it's pretty damning actually, And you can you're always kind of new in the back of your mind that things stink a little bit at the IOC. It's a bit like FIFA, you know what I mean. There's an organization that are making a lot of money off athletes, and athletes aren't getting anything.
Speaker 4: Oh it's the biggest, Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: Everyone kind of washes over that because they love the Olympics, because oh my god, that's a celebration of you know, athletes and world peace and fucking all that bullshit. So every Olympic cycle they said that this one especially that the Olympic IOC make seven point six billion US Okay, so that's about fifteen billion New Zealand dollars, you know, and that's for all the commercial revenue they get from sponsors and world cast rights, everything like that. And as you probably know, if you don't know, the athletes get zero, absolutely zero. When you talk about athletes getting from Australia getting one hundred fift thousand dollars if they win gold or whatever it is that comes from the government. That comes from the taxpayers, that is not from the IOC. The host city. All that cost sits with your rate payers of that city. So the Parisians will be paying.
Speaker 4: Back that the two billions to clean the sin, correct clean the sin.
Speaker 3: They're paying that back over the next fifty years or whatever, IOC pick up zero of that bill. And they always talk about the spirit of the games and the spirit of the sport and all that bullshit, and it they don't actually pay a cent. So it's quite it's an interesting model, which he argues here he says, if Love Island could be turned into an international competition, the IOC would include it because that's their motivation for introducing everything. Introduce skateboarding, not for a new audience, for new revenue. It's a new revenue opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's why they've been breakdownce because no one's going to watch that shit at the next one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Correct.
Speaker 3: And so basically he was saying, in what other industry're sector would get away with asking people to work for two weeks, sell the fruits of their labor, and not get paid a cent radio it would be the other one that I agree with this If they're truly into the spirit of the sport and don't pay the athletes, then don't commercialize it and offer the rights the TV rights for free to every national broadcaster in the world and watch the interest in those sports go through the roof.
Speaker 4: But they don't obviously, because they can't clip the ticket on there.
Speaker 3: They want the money, or at least.
Speaker 4: The athletes get sponsored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean come out and sponsored.
Speaker 1: Did you see nonsense rupt but definitely to interrupt. Did you see the guy athletes that were wearing full black kit?
Speaker 4: So there was It's like a brand.
Speaker 1: So if you're an athlete and you don't get a sponsorship from Essex or whatever, you often have to wear their shit anyway because it's the best gear. And so if you win a medal, you're basically giving them free promotion for nothing. So this brand said, we'll bug at that. If you don't get sponsored, will sponsor you, will pay you bug all. We'll pay you a little bit though, and you can just wear a non branded kit, which is also an advertisement for hey, I don't have a sponsor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if I win this, sponsor me. It's like a cricket cricketers without the stickers on their back exactly like, hey, I need a sponsor. But there was an Australian survey by the Sports Foundation. They found that forty six percent of athletes survived off less than fifteen thousand dollars a year. Jesus and forty two percent obviously suffered poor mental health due to the financial difficulties. And then you've got the IOC fat cats and this will this will piss you off. So IAC members they travel first class to all the events, they go to Paris first class, they stand five star hotels. They get nine hundred US a day per diems. That's just to spend on, you know, fifteen hundred whatever they want. Now by the end of the Olympics. That means that they are not for doing absolutely nothing except just going to events, get paid more than a US athlete for winning bronze at the Olympics, which is fifteen thousand US.
Speaker 4: Thank it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, by the way, and that's the US government paying the International Olympic Think a boy an iPhone a day with their per dams.
Speaker 3: I know, it's crazy. And and then I mean, and this is why Heath Mills has wayd into this debate, because cricket has been included in the LA Games. And there's only one reason cricket has been included in.
Speaker 4: That, so that India can win to go medal.
Speaker 3: That too, but the amount of obviously it's they looked at how much money there is in India Yeah, by then putting it there and the broadcast rights they can sell from there, and are any of the cricket is going to get any money? Are any of the association is going to get any money out of the bag of that fucking zero? So that's why he's saying that, you know, is it good for the game? He's like probably, No, he's saying no, like that. They said it's additional exposure. So I don't think that model has worked in any sport, professional sport anyway. Have you seen soccer? You've seen football explode due to being in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't jumped in a kayak, despite crying every time Lisa does.
Speaker 3: Anyway that Yeah, I thought that just opened that up. Now we'll have finished that now the after glow's gone on the Olympics. Yeah, it's like I'm trying to understand where all that money actually goes.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's the biggest like scam.
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh, it's really really good for you, Like yeah, and we love it and it is great advertisement for each back countries.
Speaker 4: But you're right, so it's not.
Speaker 1: But it is a great equalizer because all of the communist countries get to dominate at sports that no one watches. True, your weightliftings and your wrestlings and things like that, because all the Western countries, the only sports that work for us are the ones that people watch.
Speaker 4: That's why we kick as at them.
Speaker 1: Here's a question for you, who will the West Indies compete at cricket at the Olympics or will Dominica and Saint Lucia and all those dudes have to compete?
Speaker 3: Great question because the debate now is do England and Scotland combine to play as Great Britain and because they plays Great Britain but in cricket they're all separate. There is English it might.
Speaker 4: As well be Great Britain though, because like.
Speaker 3: They're not going to know any Scottish players going to get there. Yeah, because the England team, believe it or not, is England and Wales, so it's the d and Welsh board. So not many people know that because when we were in England and you're at the games and they're singing away and they're like Ingerland and we had a crowd. We had about thirty of us and at the end of it they get Angerland and we're all stand up and go and Wales.
Speaker 4: I haven't no idea.
Speaker 3: Yes, so there you go. Oh look there is the IOC do make like these sports grant payments to countries, but it's pretty fucking token. It's like compared to the revenue that comes in. It's all just about the coin. But I'm just running where the coin goes because these athletes come. Some of the biggest athletes in the world. Lebron James get a cent from going to Paris. They've got an ill fitting suit and a gold medal. Yeah, sure, pair of pants, Scotti Scheffler same.
Speaker 4: Like that is a good point.
Speaker 3: I know they play for pride and they cry when they get the medal and shit like that, but you know, you represent your country. But yeah, at the end of the day, someone's rinsing you.
Speaker 1: This is why I always say that, like if you're if your medalists are teenagers, it's because your sport's not in a good place. Because the only reason it's only teenagers is because once you turn eighteen nineteen twenty, you're gotta start making money.
Speaker 4: And if you're only making.
Speaker 1: Fifteen grand, we are you gonna go and hit the oil rig? You know you're not going to keep skateboarding. You're not going to keep break dancing. And that's why it's kids that are wall climbing all these new sports, all of the medalists like fourteen people.
Speaker 4: Isn't it incredible?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 4: No, it's because no one's making any money off this shit, So you know you're not.
Speaker 1: You tell Lebron could jump just about halfway up that fucking wall, telling me he couldn't.
Speaker 4: Meet the other dude.
Speaker 3: Controversially at netball last night at the North Coat netball courts, thousands of thousands of young girls all playing netball, and I controversially it was the under tens I was watching and I just kind of under my breath went, fuck, she just play basket, was way more money in it. One of the mum's got a little bit.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, I mean, if they played basketball, is probably a better future for them, if you know what I mean? Now, Like, no, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I don't know if at the courts are out of by that.
Speaker 3: Bullers was especially nipple administrators a multi terrifying and very officious there. They've got people on duty with clipboards going around and you know, I had to stand on the right side of the court. I found this out the hard way. Don't stand, don't even fucking think about standing behind the goalpost. Don't even think about it when I see don't even think about it. And do not walk with your umbrella and touch it on the court. Okay, if you're bringing your umbrella, don't fucking do that. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Didn't the court.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I got reprimanded twice in about ten minutes. And that's when another dad came over and he saw me, and he saw what was going on, and he came over and he goes he grabbed me by the shoulders. He went, don't fight it, man. He's like, it's actually I know, I know what you're thinking, and I know what you want to do, but don't.
Speaker 1: He was like, he's like six months down the track from where you were just then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, okay, okay, especially when you got to be on the right side of the court. There's like thousands of courts, it's like, and there's no sires. Court after court after court doesn't mean a which side you're on. There's people on either side. Yeah, anyway, I don't want to don't give you started.
Speaker 1: Who'll do Antbull Special? Original Netbule Special down the track? All right, we're gone for too long. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back to talk the.
Speaker 3: Next NRL Immortal.
Speaker 1: Just quickly before we get into the next NRL Immortal, the greatest pole volter ever apparently is set to race the fastest. They have a four hundred meter hurdler on the one hundred meters sprint. So they've had themselves a little bit of a debate obviously while they're at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: So they're smack talking each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're smack talking each other.
Speaker 1: So armand Dublant this who broke his own world record of the pole vault at the Paris Olympics, will race Castin Warholm, who said there's four hundred meter hurdles world record at the previous Olympics in Tokyo.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 3: I like it, but there are two athletes I don't. So if someone like if Lebron said I fucking kick your arse and o Lyles and something, I'll go Now I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think if you challenge Anthony Edwards to any of the Olympic things, here you up on it. But yeah, I'd love to watch the I think Hamish Curse should have just talked mad shit about Lebron's like, oh, you reckon near the goat, you reckon near the greatest of all time. Come come see how high you can jump. Both athletes, both these dudes, the pole Volta, the four hundred meter herdless have run one hundred meters before in an official capacity.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 1: Clocks ten point four to nine and the other one ten point five seven. So can they can go fucking pretty rapid?
Speaker 4: That is very quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, look good on them. Good to see that some online beefers. Yeah, actually been played out. Yeah, but there are two events I couldn't kill.
Speaker 1: It's about no neither. But I do think this would be good. I think we've talked about it before. But at the closing ceremony, like just have Lebron have a crack at the shop, but like get it, get your run around in this in the stadium, you run, throw it down, everything's set up.
Speaker 4: What can you do? See how you go?
Speaker 3: I'd love to see someone earl a javelin and you know, all the athletes just in the middle and like read Chilli bebbers are playing and fucking Flee just gets one through the templar, drops to the floor.
Speaker 1: It would be a revelation if someone just picked up the shot but and just.
Speaker 4: Broke the record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, that would be.
Speaker 1: It's like David Liddy was just like, oh wait, I'm way better at that. Oh yeah, never mind the weight left. But I thought that was quite interesting. Benji Marshall was set to be inducted into the National Rugby League Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I think it's next week.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of them that are going through, Lionel Morgan, Liz Boyd, Bennie Elias, Steve Rinoff, Cam Smith, johnsan Thurston, Billy Slater. As I said, Benji Marshall, Cooper Kronk, Greg English and Slam and Sammy Booches Sweat.
Speaker 3: I mean I recognize probably ninety percent of those players. It is Boyd and Lionel Morgan.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rest of them. Bennie Elias fucking I think he's I think he's Die's favorite player. Yeah, I love Benie Alias. He was always bleeding. He was always bleeding, always had so much tape around his head. He was always getting in scraps.
Speaker 4: Lynchen Neels a bit like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steve runoff with the head gear with the the he gear that didn't really cover his head, kind of full head head gear.
Speaker 4: It was like the boxing sparring hid gear.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Obviously in the rest to them are pretty recent. So yeah, that's pretty awesome. Because Benji Marshall, He's forever going to be known for that hot step and behind the back pass during the Grand Final to win the Tigers. Yeah, Grand Final, and that that is that I mean that alone should get him into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just the impact that he's had on the game, Like just from a skinny little kid Fromani who you know, was mean at touch so then all of a sudden doing the exact same thing in rugby league. I think he's done more for the game in New Zealand than just about anyone because how many kids I used to run out onto the.
Speaker 4: Touch field and yo, Benji Marshall with my fucking flat feet.
Speaker 3: Everyone was doing the Beni Marshall step. You know there everyone's getting airborn. Yeah, when the Benji Marshall was like about eighteen months of people just getting airborne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even people who couldn't step Now me, I'd.
Speaker 1: Do it, and they're not not very off my line at all. Just keep running dead straight. So yeah, Benjie Marsh is going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. They are going to name another immortal next week as well. So there's eight of them so far and a bit of podcast would have written them down, but they set to announce another one. The hot favorite is cam Smith. So what's in Okay, you got the Hall of Fame, yeah, and you got the immortal.
Speaker 4: It's very Australian.
Speaker 3: What's the what's what is it.
Speaker 4: Like the Mount Rushmore of rugby league? I guess are the immortals?
Speaker 3: Is it limited by numbers they have to.
Speaker 4: Die or no?
Speaker 1: No, well a lot of them are dead, but no, it's not limited by numbers evidently, because they're about to end another one. I think Andrew John's was the last one that they edited in. Mel Moninger's in there You're forgive Lewis will be in.
Speaker 4: Thereah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The who's who, I think, to be honest, key will be in there. It's it's got to it's going to be Cam Smith. I think I think they were just waiting for him to to retire, right do you think I can't think of anyone who would deserve it more.
Speaker 4: We're still waiting for our first Killy.
Speaker 3: Slater was he's got as Cam Smith.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Well, this is this is another one of these debates where like Cam Smith played you know, a million games in the n r L. Versus Billy Slater's peak, you would probably say it was a bit more impactful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like as a body of work versus he Because then does Jared Haynes come into it? Probably not. I think I think it's going to be a showing.
Speaker 1: And then obviously everyone's talking about who should be the first Kiwi immortal. I would probably throw Stacy Jones out there. I think with the New Zealand Simon Mannering will be up there. But I don't think like he's had the impact on the game that.
Speaker 3: Not in Australia.
Speaker 4: Nah, Sean Johnson did have a case.
Speaker 1: Well, so would Benji Marshall. So would Benji Marshall. Yeah, so he's another step closer. But yeah, I reckon Teah, we should opened up a book on that.
Speaker 3: So can you an upgrade from the from the to the Immortal the Immortals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can, right, and cam Smith might be the very first one to do it this year. I'm speaking of to TB. By the way, We've got a hunch to throw on and we haven't gotten on it this week, so I wanted to get ahead of the curve. Okay this week, and it's one of our last opportunities to do it. We're going to get on the Jersey Bengo option.
Speaker 3: I love the Jersey Bengo option and it's come good for me a couple of times. Yeah, I did it. I did it on the Heidechey break for show and they laughed at me. They laughed at me when I said every Jersey one to thirteen to score a try over the weekend. It took me a while to explain to them what it was. But once they got it, they were like, that's not gonna happen, and what do you know, boom come Monday.
Speaker 1: Well, it's only parting two dollars seventy so it happens quite often, but it is one of the most fun bits to follow along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get a sheet, get a shit one to thirteen on it, watch watch every game and just tick them off.
Speaker 1: As they score. Yeah, it's so much fun. You have to get on it early. If you're listening to this podcast on the Thursday, you're gonna have to get on it today. You go into the NRL and then it's down the bottom of like the total NRAL markets.
Speaker 4: It's right down the bottom.
Speaker 1: You can do a couple of different options, like all jerseys one to seven, seven to thirteen.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: We're going for all Jerseys one to thirteen to score this weekend all bingo full bingo at two dollars seventy So you can follow that one along responsibly. Now because it is a Thursday, we are gonna throw it back. All can play Otago in the NPC tomorrow night at seven o'clock. The last time Otigo won the NPC was in nineteen ninety eight. That was a long long time ago. And in ninety eight when they played against Auckland. This is how they lined up. This is the We'll start with the Auckland team. Adrian Cashmore yes I think is a reef. No maybe anyway, Doug Hallett on one wing, a Ronny Clark in the centers with Craig in this the chiropractic. Brian Lima was on one wing for the Auckland team. Some of the great highlights on sosh Med Carlos Spencer was playing for them back then.
Speaker 3: How good is that NPC back line? I know we're missing that Spencer Lima, Innes Clark.
Speaker 4: Howlett Cashmore tremendous.
Speaker 1: I should mention that Auckland actually won this despite the fact that Otago went on to win the whole competition. Ford Pack, Oh sorry, Junior To was at halfback Ford Pack, Xavier Rush, Mark Carter, Andrew Blowers, Robbanny Rodney Brook, Leo lafay Lee, I don't remember him. I don't remember Fortissimun who either went to school with Leo, Jamie Christian Kraig dude was your front row as well.
Speaker 3: Chak out the bench, yeah.
Speaker 1: Brad Morris, Steve McDowell, Milton one More, Female Maker, Steve Devine, Aiden Vince and Dan Parkinson Man.
Speaker 3: That is that's a solid NPC squad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from the from the Glory Days event.
Speaker 1: They didn't know, well they did. They did twel up Otago in this game. But the Otago team read Dusty Goldie was at fullback.
Speaker 4: Yep. Matthew Carrington on one wing.
Speaker 1: Reuben Parkinson, John Lesley was a second five eighth, Rommy roy Parts he was on the other wing. It was a party at Tony Brown's house at first five. This was in the Byron Callahea are as well. I think the gloves on, yeah, gloves on frosted tips, the whole lot. It is all a mucker Josh Cronfeld and Tane Randall.
Speaker 3: That's a decent back.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 1: It is John Blakey, Brandon Timmins and how's this for a front row case mws and on Oliver Carlhoft Hack.
Speaker 3: These are good teams.
Speaker 1: Eugene Morgan, Joe McDonald, Simon Maitland, Kevin Middleton, Donovan Hall, Eddie Heckanui and the chainsaw.
Speaker 4: Brendan Laney was on the bench.
Speaker 3: That's that. That's Champagne MPC. Theres from Matt ninety six because I think ninety five was all. It wasn't ninety two. Why at I won? You know, it's like all the all Blacks were playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was to the death.
Speaker 3: It was like the Whiteats or Auckland battles were brutal. The Auckland can can actually anyone playing Auckland. Yes, anyone playing Auckland was brutal.
Speaker 1: Super Rugby had only just started, so everyone was still playing for their provinces.
Speaker 4: It still meant something. I think.
Speaker 1: I think New Zealand rugby needs to somehow steer back in that direction. I know they did it like a marketing campaign about the you know, the All Blacks back to the regions now, but I just I.
Speaker 4: Don't know this they've got.
Speaker 1: There's too much rugby in the calendar at the moment and it's watering down NPC because when you look at those things, you would never see that these days. Nah shit no, except for to be fair, the Auckland team at the moment's a little bit like that. Be there's a lot of them missed out on the All Blacks still got tailed up by Wellington on the weekend. I lost a lot of money on that game. But that's your throwback Thursday for today. Auckland versus Otago and the NPC in nineteen ninety eight, last chances to get into the Snacker Checky Sports Scholarship as well. We're binge watching. Sport is a sport. If you want to win that, you can tax chip to three two three six. Follow the link and you could be in to win the ultimate acc price back. We're going to take one more quick break. We'll come back with yours Please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought you by Leader, Home of the last top.
Speaker 1: And and for to get through this morning. Let's get straight in. First call of yours please you get a Fellows is catching up with a few of the bodies.
Speaker 2: Gla fucking now the bloody.
Speaker 3: That frock Countdownd fucking microvokes.
Speaker 6: Better load of ship breakdown.
Speaker 4: Olympics and with the boxing, what can.
Speaker 3: Of professionals Joseph Parker.
Speaker 4: Be Passi Pery or John A Wolder gold middle.
Speaker 1: It's a great idea, and I think the problem is that there's so many different boxing federations that all can't agree with the International Olympic Committee.
Speaker 3: That is the issue with Olympics a little bit, and the fact that it's the mixture of professionals and amateurs. Because yeah, the soccer, the basketball, like the professionals are now allowed into play basketball, not the boxing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was more I think, dude, like the NBA didn't let them into the Olympics.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the Olympics not letting them in. Ah, right, Yeah, I think it was that way around.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I agree because I don't know why there's such a it's the most glaring one there, but it's just triggered my like, if we're going to increase, you know, the relevance of the Olympics, put UFC in there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, a UFC gold medal would be sick.
Speaker 3: You know what they white smart man, he was going to make money. He'd be like, why would I do that with the Olympic committy when they're going to rinse me, like as I talked about, Yeah, he's going to be like, if there's nothing in it for me, beat it.
Speaker 4: And that's the most glaring one though boxing that it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, combat sports is right, but I'd say that Olympics would say they've got taekwondo, they've got Greeko Roman.
Speaker 1: Which I'd say UFC is all of those things, like been the rules, who's the best fighter.
Speaker 3: So you're saying being boxing, ben, taekwondo, judo.
Speaker 1: You know, we were talking about our boiled down Olympics, and we boiled it down to eight events.
Speaker 3: UFC would be a good so get rid of Greco Roman, get rid of Greco Roman. Yeah, and just Jack UFC Coage fighting fight to the death. Yeah, no, it's a great call. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Another caller here yours please.
Speaker 5: Hey fellas, Mike cox Sung are here from Takka. Just been chopping some firewood and I was thinking about possible improvements the next Olympics with the one in Brisbane. Maybe something in wood chopping instead of the walk or breaking.
Speaker 4: What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Long, Yeah, we've got a we've got a proud history and wood chopping.
Speaker 1: Some of the greatest timber sport athletes come from our neck of the woods.
Speaker 4: I think it's great.
Speaker 1: How beautiful of the birds in the back ye, beautiful, beautiful part of the country. Yeah, I think that's a great idea. We go very well at wood shopping. Timber sports in general.
Speaker 3: It's quite a big it's quite a big sport Nussey as well, around all those countrys and amp shows and stuff. So maybe maybe we can start a campaign.
Speaker 1: Well the hellow sport guys were talking about when they host the Olympics in Australia. They said that they wanted to put timber sports in there because they thought that they'd have the best chance at winning.
Speaker 4: US about that. I don't know about that. That's true.
Speaker 3: It's like sheep sharing.
Speaker 4: We take that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. We could swing an axe over here, per capita.
Speaker 4: Some of the best X swingers in the world. Another caller here, yourslease.
Speaker 7: Just catching up on some of the potties to you.
Speaker 6: Lane couldn't agree more about the certain station's rock countdown.
Speaker 3: This was like two weeks ago that it's the same guy, I kip, we've lost them. I think that was the same guy, but just a bit of quality.
Speaker 1: No, it was a different is that it was a different caller and he had a point and I've forgotten what it was, so never mind that guy. But yeah, that was like two weeks ago that you made that point. It was interesting that two dudes have picked up on it.
Speaker 3: It was it was there because it's the great New Zealander's debate where it's not up to it's up to you. The results are on online.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I forget what that guy's point was, but anyway, we'll get onto the next one.
Speaker 4: Another call here, yours please?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could run the red zone on a like a one minute two minutes delay, and then obviously then there's scoring hacks t A B hecks whatever you're talking about. Red zone, NFL. I want to get into a fantasy. Unlock fantasy, show me how to do it, Tell me how to do it, get him behind it, and I'll probably fail like the NRL fantasy cheers fellas love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the red zone thing, I don't think it's an issue with the gambling because I think if you want to watch it live, if you want to watch, if you want to watch, can play upend live. You can't go to Skysport nine and watch it like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Issues the other way around, your bit will have already come in before the red zone thing plays it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is right less of a problem. I mean, it's more it's more a thing, a thrill thing for you. It's not a legality thing and you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, because it's not like it's not like time travel. You're not going to see it before it happens. Yeah, you're not going to see it happen and then be able to put a bit on it. Someone else sent one and that we won't be able to play. But they said that EPL has red zone. I feel like football would work really well for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you can just because the goals It'll just be goals, wouldn't it. Yeah, and the team seconds lead up to that goal threat, whereas rugby is just too chaotic. I wouldn't work through so fantasy sport. He's looking for some guide in.
Speaker 1: An NFL fantasy. Look, I'm gonna be honest. We need we would need someone who knows something about NFL to run that league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 3: I think I know very little bit.
Speaker 4: No, I'm in a.
Speaker 1: Fantasy league with Matt Heath and a few other people, but I lost it last year.
Speaker 4: A couple of Americans, a couple of American people in there.
Speaker 1: I just picked anyone who i'd heard had been in trouble for violence off the field, and when I picked my team, I was forecast not to win, to lose a game, and then I lost every game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm similar to you. I would pick that and anyone I've seen on a Netflix docker Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So no, I don't think we'll be starting one as the ACC, but if someone out there wants to start one, we'll join in.
Speaker 4: We'll definitely join it. Yeah, So let us know another call here yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get a no. He first, I'm call a long time listed.
Speaker 1: What about the marathon swimming out of ten thousand minutes form or something, you'll drout, we'd all drought.
Speaker 4: To all the Olympics.
Speaker 3: You'd need two years of training for that. Anyway, that's a good point. That is a good point. I didn't know there was a ten thousand meter ocean swim. Yeah, open water swim. Yeah, I needs no way I'd do that. No, tinkas ridiculous. I think I could swim one k He's right, that is that's that's some serious training.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's honestly a couple of years of training.
Speaker 3: I could kayak that.
Speaker 1: No, I'd get pretty buggered just driving a boat that far to be there, even if it was in a straight line.
Speaker 4: That is a great point. I think we're going to That's why I said I said it was going to take me five or six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think about that kind of one. That that's the Yeah, that is life or death. You'd die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. There's no tapping out.
Speaker 1: What if you had like a lane rope the entire way, a ten kilometer lane.
Speaker 3: Rope, I find a life jacket, oh yeah, and just roll onto my back and.
Speaker 4: Kick for like thirty six hours.
Speaker 3: If there was no current. Yeah, Like, if I'm not swimming in a river or an ocean which is taking me the other direction, I'd get there eventually.
Speaker 4: Did they do it in the sin River at this Olympics?
Speaker 3: I think so. Oh, I hope it was all downstream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gross, I think we've got one more call of yours. Please.
Speaker 7: You get just about the YouTube that old mate brought up today, but we'll hear about it yesterday. Four views. I'm probably twenty five percent of that. I think it's very good. I do have a problem with many fiddly on the old cord with his fingers. Maybe we need to substitute that with something else, like a springloaded dili.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I can springloaded. Came in, I can finished like a hockey stick. Didn't he came to the springloaded dili? What is the springloaded Delhi?
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Do you put it down and then after a while jack in the boxes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so. I don't understand why you would need to springload it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I have been a little bit veggety.
Speaker 1: It's just there's these new lollies in the break around these little yellow pineapple lollies.
Speaker 4: I've been tucking into those and I've been fucking veggety ever since.
Speaker 3: Then, you're getting a lot of work done there.
Speaker 4: Productivity has gone through the roof.
Speaker 1: But man, man in my stress lately, and I've done a lot of research into nine to eleven. I think we should not on the head for today. Before I get two jiny, I need to go and have another pineapple lollie. We'll be back tomorrow for the sports book and for the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 4: We will see you then.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio form you get your podcast