Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gun Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the fourth of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport a Vulture, and.
Speaker 1: It's been an emotional Friday Morning Lane. It has the last ever show of the Matt and Jerry Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those who don't know, we live in very close quarters to Radio Hodaki, about probably about ten meters away from their studio. Yes, and you know the Alternative Commentary Collective is, you know, very heavily linked towards Hadaki. There the Matt and Jerry Show, their very first show was the day after the very first ACC broadcast. Is that a Rightah and Hawk's Bay. It was New Zealand versus India and Hawk's Bay in twenty fourteen, and Matt and Jerry they'd just done the deal the week before, They flew out early from Napier and left myself, Jason Hoyt and Lee Hart to do a whole innings on our own for the very first game. No fucking ony what we were doing. This is our first broadcast so we were exhausted by the end of it. But then the next morning that was the very first metten Jerry show. Yeah wow, So we've kind of grown up together, the ACC and the Mett and Jerry Show.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't remember a time when Matt and Jerry went on Radio Hodacky because of course they don't have a frequency in South Canbury, so it wasn't until I left South Canerbury that I'd even heard Radio Hodaky, to the point where when I started working there, my mum thought I worked for an EV station and she was very proud of me until she one day drove up to christ Church and heard what was going on on that radio station. She was just like, oh, not so proud. I was that what you're doing up there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, it's been a long time. Like I said, I can't remember a time when they went there. And actually my first week at Hadaky it must have been like twenty seventeen. I think my first week the radio awards were on. Oh year, old school Radio Awards. Too, old school Radio Awards.
Speaker 4: I even knew. I didn't know what it was all about.
Speaker 1: So I put my singing hand suit on, dressed like a bouncer or a bus driver down to the awards. Chud Marcus Lush's ear off for about an hour howling demons the next morning, and then that night. Throughout that night was the first time I'd heard and I think the first time he had done it.
Speaker 4: That Heath was doing the new drink. What I give you boy.
Speaker 3: I think that was the night that was born. Yeah, I do that. It's triggering met.
Speaker 1: And the next morning I came in and he was still doing it. He hadn't landed the plane. I'd been home, slapped the mailbox and come back into work again. And so we all went to the pub just up the road there, and he'd found a walking stick somewhere and we were sitting there drinking beers from about ten o'clock in the morning, and he kept tapping my drink whenever I'd finish it. You got ordered back to work about three or four times throughout the day. So my boss, I'd just been hired to work in promos and my boss doesn't work Ahodo anymore. Who wasn't you He keep coming back to the public, Hey, man, I are you going to come back? Because you've got that thing that he needed to finish, and I was like, yeah, I'll be back going to and then Heath will be like, you got to give you words, Chap, you tap your glass tapping my glass with his walking stick. Cut to about four o'clock in the afternoon, I'm piggybacking Heath's back from the pub to the work drinks. We get into some sort of weird shouting match, blacked out drunk at the bar. This is my first Friday at Radio HOKI. On Monday morning, I was dragged into a meeting with my boss and my boss's boss and reminded that I was still on my ninety day trial, that it was a violation of the Drug and Alcohol Policydians in me to be intoxicated during work hours, that's bullshit and yeah yeah, got dragged into a windowless room and told how pasted off they were.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, but I think there was more jealousy than passed off. To be honest, we didn't. I think we did quite well at that Radio Awards. I believe I couldn't tell. And but yeah, his drink when I give you Boy, did have kind of undertones of slavery, Yes, yeah, which which was an issue.
Speaker 1: It was problematic yeah. It happened twice, so that I think the next time it had happened the TV Awards maybe oh yeah, yeah, And he again didn't land the plane. I think this was when he slipped in the studio.
Speaker 3: That was the one time that I have actually had to go in and take him off here. At about eight am, I went in and went arkaate, that's enough, and he goes, what do you mean. I said, that's enough, that's enough. He and I kicked him off here and then I said just go out and grab some breakfast or something, but you've done. And then there was cricket commentary on that day starting at eleven am a one day, and he was scheduled to be on that. And I texted him and said he just went from there to the pub and because he hadn't landed the plane, they had won the Best New Zealand's Kids Show for Harbood City. And I said, I don't worry about the cricket, mate, just so you can stay at the pub. And I got the most heated response back, full of explete ifs, full of how much you know. I won't go into the details, but and I just wrote back, thanks mate, and more expletifs. And then I knew that the next day he was going to wake up and I sent a message saying, hey mate, how are you? And he was going to have to see the transcription of the last and he wrote the biggest mere Kulpa backs man. He was so ashamed of what even that breakfast show and everything, and he was just like and one of these demons. I think that might have instigated him taken a spell on the bench for a few months, a year or two. Yeah, it was God blessing, bounce back, got back on it. But this morning was being quite emotional. Jerry broke down. It's the eleven years the children have grown up together. They are both his children are both quite young now, they're teenagers, so they've been through quite a lot. But the show will go on. Jeremy will be on air on Monday, and good news for the agenda listeners me and you'll be filling in. Not good news for anyone else, but I'm filling in a few days. You're filling in a few days. We're just going to get Jeremy through it to the end of the year and then see where it takes us.
Speaker 4: Scrape in the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's because we're just the closest you know. You know, it's like at the end of the night when people are looking to hook up and they look around the room and say, oh, you'll do.
Speaker 1: They'll flick the lights on and it's man laying in the corner of the bar and they're like, three hours ago, I wouldn't have three years ago, wouldn't. But you know, now nothing else going, we need someone, so tune in radio. I heard akuy Monday morning and I was on later on in the week. I'll do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and night.
Speaker 3: I was going Tuesday Friday and then I think we're going to take team Jerry from then on, which is the only way to take tackle Jerry. Actually, he's a lot of human.
Speaker 1: Here's a lot. There's a lot of Jerry. Here's a lot to do with you. I'm looking forward to it. But said an exciting day. They'll be massively on the hose I reckon for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but poor Jerry has to do siven sharp so he couldn't find someone to step in. I said I'll do it. I said I'd do it. He's like I don't know how I'll take you. Yeah, what's dandel Well that's he's asked everyone and anyone's bang, fuck off, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: Well then he should have said to whoever runs that, just said, look, okay, i'll do it.
Speaker 4: I'm still gone to the pub.
Speaker 3: I don't know how well that translates, okay with the ACC and with I'm not so sure about the national broadcast.
Speaker 1: I know, but they want him there, so he should just be like, look, I have asked for the day off, you've declined it. I will come in, but I'm not adjusting my you know, my leave plans.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it's the right environment at the moment to start swinging your deck around like that. It's a very it's a time when you keep your just below.
Speaker 1: The parapet But he's obviously not replaceable because they can't find anyone.
Speaker 3: So, you know, just a film on a Friday, the this struggling. But I'm sure that the vultures will be circling if it's a full time gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, because if he really got canceled, they'd be like, well, if he's getting canceled, we could just bring Paul Henry back.
Speaker 3: You know, so what's the point that's true? Mike and IgG told a great story on Breakfast this morning as well when he was on the Mata Jewish show about how he got involved in the acc and he said it was potentially the most regrettable night of his life. He was so wasted in Wellington and he bumped into all of us and he ended up drinking at the bar with Joe Jury and I and he said he wake up in the morning with so many demons. He stopped drinking for one hundred days. And then he got a call the next day saying, you want to go on the acc you got You're very funny. He's so embarrassed about it, yet it got on the job heading us. Absolutely, he did threatened to have sex with jo Jurry that night, but that was that's a sorry was.
Speaker 1: It a three through proposition? So that'll be how the rest of this day plays out. We've still got the sports book. Later on this morning, Carl will be on the line, so we'll give you a few tips to take with you unto your weekend. But just before we take a break, this is going to be a full yours please special.
Speaker 3: We've got about ten of them.
Speaker 1: To get through all of the burning unanswered questions from our trip around Europe. But before we get to those, we are selling a ute and what I would describe as one of the greatest owned goals, not just by the ACC but particularly by me. So we've teamed up with Auto Trader, who want you to tell New Zealand about your car. There's I've been a long history of buying and selling cars here in New Zealand. You know, we love the second hand car market in New Zealand's bigger I reckon per capita than anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's a national pastime.
Speaker 1: It is a national pastime and we're shit at it. And that's why I Auto Trader want to try and give you a few tips as to how to sell your car. And so they've asked us to try and you know, help you guys with your tips. We've got a car and we said, oh, look, we'll dress our car up as if we're going to sell it. And then we thought, well, let's just sell the thing. If we're going to do it is if we're going to sell it, let's just sell it. And that's a massive own goal on my behalf because I drive that to work every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also we've done it up now and it looks mint, it looks sick.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you've seen it before. In fact, I don't. I don't want to reveal too much.
Speaker 3: I don't. It's a ninety ninety eight Ford Falcon and it was straight six. Yeah, it was. It was before. It's the slanty eyed one. It's the one before they went to the new model. So they remember they had the grill at the front used to be for the Ford Falcon has to have the straight grill at the front with a square lights or the big tangle lights. And then they tried to go modern and they did it for like two years and it was terrible look with the skinny little head lights. That's that one, the ninety eight model, and we've done it.
Speaker 4: Up and humming at the moment, and it is an older car.
Speaker 3: And we are going to sell it, but we are giving all the proceeds that goes to November in z and it's going to happen later in November obviously. But yeah, it is an own goal because you and Joe Dury love driving that day.
Speaker 4: It's the best.
Speaker 1: It's the best thing, just humming along in that motorway idols at about eighty ks an hour.
Speaker 3: I mean it guzzles a lot of gas. Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: And the weirdest part about the way it used to be wrapped was it had the acc all down the side of it. Storm Purvose's face was on the petrol cap. Well there was, so whenever you go to fuel up, you just have to pull stormur face off and just slam the old nozzles straight down her throat and just pump the thing full of gas.
Speaker 4: So apologies, storm Purpose, but.
Speaker 3: That's gone now. We got rid of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it also if you because there's a bit of a dicky little petrol cap there. If you missed it, it would just you put the cat back on. There's just storm Purvos were just petrol pouring out of her mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did donut sindn't we mount smart in it for the one of the videos, and it was just absolutely passing out the whole Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's slow mo footage of that that will go out in the next few weeks. But anyway, we're going to give you a few tips as to how to sell your car. Obviously, one of them is to make sure that it's looking good, which we have done.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Spoil too much of it, but there'll be a video of there's no longer storm purpose dribbling petrol out of her mouth. So it's been completely over overhauled. And that's probably tip number one. Make sure your car looks as presentable as possible. There's a few practical tips around basics. Yeah, there's basics. There's a few practical tips around, like camera angle and height of the photos that you take. Because god, there's a dog ship photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to take him at Wingmarra height. It's a key. And taking fie a well. And sunset sunrise is the best lighting if any if you haven't got any lighting that we have in the studio here, that's the best natural lighting to get. Not full you don't want full blazing midday sun. That's terrible for photos.
Speaker 1: So go and check all those videos out on our socials and on our website and tell New Zealand about your car with auto Trailer. Let's take a quick break and come back with an extended yours please, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought to you by Leader Home of.
Speaker 1: So while we're on the roadlane, we did a few podcasts. There've been some of the more well received podcasts, well more well listened to podcasts.
Speaker 3: Beck as Wells is on it just great content.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of feedback, a lot of people asking me, and actually it's been quite handy because a lot of my family lift me alone while I was overseas because instead of ringing me, they could now just listen to a podcast and know what I was up to it.
Speaker 3: Well, disappointingly, my mother now I listened to the podcast because she tuned in because she just wanted to make sure I was safe. Yes, so she knew if a podcast came out and my voice was on it, I was alive.
Speaker 4: You well, you had been alive in the last twenty four else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So just shout out to Sulane. Yes, she's probably I think she still subscribes. Yes, i'll take it. We'll take that. We'll take that download.
Speaker 1: But I know that a lot of people had a lot of questions for us, and while we're on the road, we didn't have the technical ability to play them out. So now it's the chance for you to ask us anything, any burning questions that you had about our trips.
Speaker 3: So without any further Ado first caller, yours please.
Speaker 5: Reason number four and twenty two. While this is the top raided sports podcast two years running, I think it is. Is this a sports podcast or do you guys just clap trap for thirty five minutes they do a quick recap on the cricket from the other side of the world. Anyway, I love yours. You already know.
Speaker 3: Good point and you know what it's exactly what we do because to qualify for the sports category you need a minimum of ten percent sports content. Is that what it is? And that's what we do. So we could almost enter it into I mean, we wouldn't winned to other category. This is the problem. Yeah, so we could put it into like what do other categories have? Fuck all entries? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's the market saturated.
Speaker 3: I think there's one around, like a kind of a health and wellness there's one around kind of a Southeast Asian kind of Indian. There's an Indian seat. We mean, maybe need to do that.
Speaker 4: Oh if we just talking about cricket, we're about to play India.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true. So is that that's ten percent? Yeah? Okay, we don't need to a couple of potties.
Speaker 1: I did think that about I think the first podcast that we do because none of us watched any sport, we didn't see anything. We did watch the All Blacks game at breakfast in Amsterdam. Yeah that was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so then we do this podcast talking about rolling and dog shit and all this stuff, and then just five minutes of Earnest Rugby analysis and then back into dog shit dog shit chat.
Speaker 3: And that's how it should be, I think. And you know what I mean. I don't want to dine and do it on the dog shit thing because I've been over it. But my first morning back at my house having breakfast and my oldest son, I thought it was pretty funny. He's like, it was like dog shit said the ship. No he goes. This is not the ship he goes. And I looked at him, went, you know about the dog shit, don't you? Damn it. I was trying to get it out of you.
Speaker 1: Soon we were on a road trip to a man and my meticend in the driver's seat and he just goes. So I put the dog shit. I was like, how long have you got to goes? We have three hours until we get to muscut.
Speaker 3: I was like all right, Like I said, I've never heard you laugh like that before. It was a high Oh my god, it was a high pitched kind of wheeze squeal.
Speaker 1: I have never laughed that hard in my life. I don't think that was honestly the funniest. I was laughing so hard that I was getting paranoid. I was going to suffocate. I just yeah, we may or may not have taken part in the old psychedelic Truffles before we went out there, allegedly and reportedly, and it was there's allegedly a menu there, and it allegedly tells you what they do, like whether you see trippy visuals or you laugh real hard. We got the laugh real hard ones and that just about undid me.
Speaker 3: It was that.
Speaker 1: And then it was when I locked eyes with a kid looking at ice cream who was watching you ring dog shit out of your shirt into the town fountain. My cheese slid off my cracker. I think I'm going to die. I think I'm gonna laugh so hard I'm going to die if I survived.
Speaker 3: So just about anything, it was that.
Speaker 1: And then when Joe Jury had to shout me at dump at the train station, I still o him a dump. I tried three different credit cards. It wouldn't open. I was like, can you shout me at dump? Friends? Friends shout other friends at dump? Fifty euro since, which I think is like a dollar, Joe Jerry a dollar or a dump.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Yeah, I can't even remember the question.
Speaker 3: Another one here, please good e.
Speaker 5: Not gonna lie a little bit, a little bit sad you guys didn't say goodbye or anything.
Speaker 2: Jumped on the you chick.
Speaker 3: Check my heart radio.
Speaker 2: And there's no podcast. I'm sorry, there's no daily agenda.
Speaker 6: Come on, you didn't even say goodbye. Surely some live updates from minute.
Speaker 7: Surely some live trouble from Emsterdam.
Speaker 1: Surely, come on?
Speaker 3: Love you? Yeah, well you got all that, didn't you. We couldn't do it every day because we were We actually were in the ear for about fifty hours, so that's two days. So we would we We put what we put three out, three or four podcasts out. So yeah, I hope you got your fects of trouble and stories.
Speaker 4: It was all on the social media as well. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we did a good job of explaining. I don't think we left much on the cutting room floor. I think she was fairly open and honest, I'm still struggling with the October fist flu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a week week out still, and yeah I tried to put.
Speaker 1: It off through omand but I just couldn't. Just piled up on the citterom. But yeah, sorry, I don't know if we gave a good sign off on the Friday before we left. I don't think we explained to people what was going to happen, to be honest, I don't think we knew what was going to happen. You're right, You're right, though there was a day when we were basically in transit from Amsterdam to Germany, and then there was the October first days which were a blue so there was no chance. So apologies, but hopefully you got your fix over those last few days.
Speaker 4: Another cooller here your splease?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Can we just get some confirmation around Jeremy Welles's position in the plane? Is he flying business class or is he back for the peasants for once in his life? If he is business class, did he paid to bump up his own tickets to sit up there? I don't imagine he would be very comfortable back in the kettle class. Fox South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: You know, it gets good to throw down there. No, he was back with us like we were in premium premium economy. So first we were yeah, and in the second league we were economies from Dubai Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he did pay to move from his seat to the seat across the aisle from him, which was the one, as did you, which was the one that basically had the wall in front of it. Yeah, the bulkheads had got a bit of extra leag room there. I think it was about one hundred and twenty bucks. Was Yeah, it was well worth it.
Speaker 3: I must have met, because that's going from premium premiums not premium is great, but you still don't get to lie down. You're still setting up.
Speaker 1: The only difference I found premium economy that I think this. I don't know if the seats much bigger, but it's got a little league risk thing that kicks up that changes the game. And then you guys moved over the bulkhead, which meant me and Joe Jury were able to soop around and we both had a spear seat beside us. Now, did Jeremy get into heated negotiations with every chicken lady? Yes, yes, are there any seats in business? Are there any seats in premium economy? What would it cost me? Can I change it?
Speaker 3: But the answer was no, every time, all full. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know. It was actually quite good to say, and you could see him being like, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: At that stage on the flight home, he was ready to pay I reckon up to up upwards of forty thousand dollars to get anything more. Get business, he asked. He even asked about first class, and they said, you sure see that that's full as well. But it is twenty five thousand dollars. Jesus Christ, if you fuck, that's a lot of money. I know, I don't think he would have pitied that, but it was full anyway. But he was in such a state and he was so shallow and lost that he was would have been I think he probably would have parted with that. Well.
Speaker 1: He was the pace center for the trip. Oh yeah, I think there's no argument with that.
Speaker 3: He was the you know in the trots, you know, the guy driving the yute with with the wings. It was that we were just chasing him.
Speaker 1: I was falling off the past towards the end there, I broke at one point but yeah, but the laydown bid though, would change the game absolutely. It would be nothing to fly for seventeen hours if you had a bid and a TV.
Speaker 3: That's why you pay so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they charge you, Yeah, so much.
Speaker 1: But yes, you'll be happy to know he did try and upgrade himself at every available opportunity and was declined nothing.
Speaker 3: Caller here yours please.
Speaker 8: As Jeremy, why is the only when he's got a brain?
Speaker 3: Sell?
Speaker 1: Of course there's a fucking current in a canal toe by horses, part on the sides of tow path where the horses used to walk.
Speaker 3: I hope we're enjoyed the trip there go towpaths.
Speaker 1: I knew this when we were listening, when we were doing that podcast. We're like, someone's going to be screaming at their fucking device.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was that guy there. There were There is a current and a lot of canals though well, and the big canal there is, you know, the main canal, Yeah, like the Grand Canal in an Amsterdam, there's one hundred percent of current. But I think those other little ones there must be something there must be flowing some way.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the other thing we figured and I actually think I said that on that podcast, So I tried to explain about how the ropes sometimes carve a hole under the thing beside, uh what we figured out as soon as we stopped recording that podcast.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh, punting, Yeah, they punted quite a lot. They punk quite a lot for the horses. But he's right, that's why they have the cart path. That's why these are paths next to the canals as the horses were pulled them. Yeah, pull the barges. Yeah you go. Okay, it makes a lot of sense. But yeah, not a lot of winds, not a lot of current.
Speaker 4: Another call here, you're spose.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, loving the Amsterdam chat.
Speaker 5: Little game to play while you're over there when you spot some bloke in the in the corner of your eye and you go, is he gay.
Speaker 3: Or is he just European?
Speaker 5: Because that's a bit of fun anyway, loving it.
Speaker 3: Okay, South Island, Yeah, that's what I would say to that.
Speaker 4: I reckon, then it's from the Southland.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't play that game, but next time.
Speaker 1: Great thing about Amsterdam, Europe on the whole, but Amsterdam their whole thing, and I think the Dutch is all about tolerance. I was listening to it pouring US History podcast on the way home about how Amsterdam started.
Speaker 3: Is that why they tolerated the Nazi so well?
Speaker 1: Perhaps? But that's why because you know, are the rules like, technically it is illegal to smoke weed. I actually don't know what the laws are around prostitution, but all that stuff is like in this legal gray area, right, And it's that is it is technically illegal.
Speaker 4: They just don't prosecute.
Speaker 3: They don't care. They'll let you do whatever you want. This don't be a deck.
Speaker 1: As long as you're not annoying anyone, then they'll just let you do whatever you want to do. That's why Amsterdam is the way it is. But I will agree with you. If you took a European from anywhere in Europe and just plump them into Central Hornby, people will be like, let's go over here, that's fruit. Why's he got the round glasses and the linen linen pants and that kind of thing, smoking a little thin cigarette and drinking rose exactly. But it is good to be over there. I mean, God knows what they're thinking.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 1: At a certain point, I got sick of walking through the streets of Europe because I'm in bloody jandles and birkenstocks and shit, people are pointing and laughing at my feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with us thought about that because that's where the socks and birkenstocks, that's that's where it's come from. Yeah, don't put your beer toe jammed feet and a pair of birkenstocks.
Speaker 1: And in the Middle East, that's very uncouthed to have your knees out as a man, or particular woman, but as a man as well. I get onto a lift and these two women I could see out of the reflection in the lift that they were looking at my leags.
Speaker 3: And you reckon they turn them on?
Speaker 1: No, because they were laughing at me, and so they were sort of whispering to each other. And as they realized that I wasn't reacting to what they were saying, They're like, oh, he doesn't speak Arabic, okay, sweet, And then they started talking really loud, started laughing, and out of the corner of my eye I could see they were looking at my legs.
Speaker 4: Look at this guy also had the head scarf on, and so I was like, very.
Speaker 3: Confusing for them.
Speaker 4: There's aerobic, but there's toes are out which is hot arm I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but anyway, Yeah, big cultural differences and that's why you travel. All right, let's take one more quick break. I think we'll come back and dust the rest of these off. All right, back into it.
Speaker 4: Another caller here, yours please good?
Speaker 8: He'll carry on, the people of dark good color being there soon, and hog tide shore that happened in the rural you yellow fun would be some carry on the news talk their heat. It's just on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fact there was, but you know they don't care. Wow, I didn't seem to care today.
Speaker 1: It was a very very weird situation. If you haven't listened to that podcast, go back and listen to it. But I just explained that whole thing to my mum last night on the phone, how that goes. It was like, what the fuck did you watch? I was like, yeah, I don't know, some sort of international hate crime. I dare say they're probably not too stoked about it themselves there either, But I just thought that's quite It was one of the wildest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: You go back and listen to that podcast. It's you can see videos of that if if any any October Fiest footage it's like this big spinning wheel that you climb on and the last person to get thrown off when yeah yeah, and they've got distractions and ropes and balls swinging, the crowds chanting, and it gets faster and faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that was That was full noise.
Speaker 3: A little.
Speaker 4: It's a different it's a different time over there.
Speaker 1: But I was thinking that that we are very precious about certain things here in this country, like, for example, the dish desk that I was wearing yesterday. I had to buy that to be allowed into the mosque. They wouldn't let me in without it. And that's not like a ceremonial dress. I mean it is, but they also wear that casually. That's just what they wear around. It's not like their jeans. It's their jeans. It's not like a kelt it's not like a leader hose. It's you know why, it's they wear casual.
Speaker 3: And I was always jealous when I was living there that I was in soup pants and they were all in those because they wear a slip underneath it and nothing else. And so when it's hot, as the coolest thing to wear because it's white, reflects the heat and you get the breeze up the jack seat, and here's us Europeans and Undies soup pants, just swamp passing around single little east. Yeah, so cotton shit, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: It is the most you notice that any people from hot countries, they all wear dresses.
Speaker 4: It's a lover lover.
Speaker 1: It's the dish desks and candora in India they'll wear the same shirt. Anyone from a really hot country they always wear kistan here drink. Yeah, yeah exactly. But I do know that people when I wear it back here will accuse me of hate crime for wearing it. Now, the difference might be that I'm probably gonna wear it on the piss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're a bit touchy here. We are a bit. We're very touchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sort of jump the shark in some way. It's good in a lot of ways. But then you've raised a good point. It would have been that behavior definitely would have been shut down.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: This is what it's good to travel.
Speaker 1: Go and see it somewhere else and realize why we do and don't do certain things the way we do them over here.
Speaker 4: One more coller here, yours please?
Speaker 6: Hey boys, Captain ask grave here, I'm just after some advice. Me and the boys are off on a fishing and golf trip to Cake Colder this weekend. We're leaving late Friday night, and I'm just concerned about first night fever. I know you guys suffer quite hard from it. Any tips to try and avoiding going so hard so we don't ruin our golf and fishing on Saturday. Thanks Babes, bless bless, blessed.
Speaker 3: I have no advice because I'm yet to shake the first night fever. It's something that has to be done and there's no two ways about it. Well, this is the thing about first night fever is you can't plan for it. No, And there's no.
Speaker 1: Amount of saying, oh, well, we're gonna blah blah blah blah blah. Because once you get there, I presume you're going on this trip with people that you probably haven't seen for a while a couple of weeks, might be, a couple of might be a couple of years.
Speaker 3: You will not be able to stop the first night fever. And just also don't resist it. No, don't resist it.
Speaker 1: Quite often, I think one of the you know, nature finds its way to sort of even certain things out, and I think that one of the things about first night fever, it ensures that the next night you can't go as hard, so it actually can kind of tame down, you know, the day that you have in the main activity.
Speaker 3: Also that the day you're returning home to your loved ones, you will want to return them and you want to be held and you're not in You're in a state, but you're not in a complete state. Yes, because you did that on the first night.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately for us, our first night fever, our first night fever in Amsterdam, was immense. We outlasted the bars in Amsterdam and we read like district that.
Speaker 3: Was unheard of. I can. We caught a many cab home and good to know that many cabs throughout the world are the same and rip you off and you spend ten minutes negotiating with some fuck ass he didn't want to go to travel like two kilometers. We walked around and we couldn't find a bar open in the red light district of Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: Now we found one and it was heaving. I think I described this on the podcast, but went in there. I needed to go to the toilet, so I went downstairs. There was a guy guarding the door. There was a woman with her cans out, counting tokens, which now upon reflection, may have been euros. I didn't recognize them as money, but but I actually think they were.
Speaker 3: But she was counting monopoly money. I did from a great win.
Speaker 1: But I was like, oh, they're actually just euros. Euros are funny colors. And the guys just like, what do you want.
Speaker 3: It's like, what do you mean? What do I want?
Speaker 1: The toilet? I want to go to the toilet. And he goes, oh, yeah, it's a euro to go to the toilet. So I don't have any cash. He's like, yeah, go up and get some cash and come back. But his whole demeanor was this isn't a toilet, Like that's not what we're doing down here, you know what I mean. It's like, yeah, it's like when you're at high school and kids were drinking around the corner and they're like, what do you want?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just wanted to know what you guys did too.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, we're doing something illegal around the corner here, so you can't come in here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so first night.
Speaker 1: Fever, it will grip you my suggestion would be go with it, don't fight against it. Acknowledge that it's going to happen, because some of the worst blowouts are when you think that you're not going to have a blowout. So you need to acknowledge that you will. Acknowledge that you're going to have the first night fever. Make preparations. Get yourself a power aid. Yeah, it's awareness.
Speaker 4: Get some panadoles.
Speaker 1: Have a plan for how you're going to get from wherever you're going to back to where you're staying.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, if you've got golf the next morning, get your golf bag ready, you kept ready, sleeping your kit yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, go out and your golf. Go out and your golf. Yeah. Sleep at the club, yeah, sleep at the golf course. Yeah. Wake up on the first tee.
Speaker 1: These guys are going fishing. Get into your fishing gears to night before. In fact, that'd be a great way for you guys to all catch up. Get into your fishing gears on the Friday night, which is tonight, and just lean into it.
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen, because that's the thing. It's going to happen. Yeah, you can pretend it's not you can rally against it. All that's going to mean is you're not prepared when it does happen. So it's not it's like it's like an earthquake.
Speaker 3: Drill.
Speaker 1: It's not earth, but when and how strong? So make sure that you get your earthquake back prepared. So stop, drop, get under a table and hold the legs.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 4: All right, Hopefully that's answered all of your questions.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: If you've got any more fire than through, just make sure you address at the top of the podcast. Hey, this is about the europe trip, the beer Gun and tour of Munich. Otherwise we'll see you later on for the Sports book with Carl from the Tairb and enjoy your weekend of sport.
Speaker 4: Will see you on Monday.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iheartradioll of you get your podcast